[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get you guys to play Yugioh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 53

File: SkullServant-OP01-EN-SP-UE.png (959KB, 527x778px) Image search: [Google]
SkullServant-OP01-EN-SP-UE.png
959KB, 527x778px
How do I get you guys to play Yugioh?
>>
Revert us back to our tweens
>>
You reinvent the entire game so it's not broken as all fucking hell. Somebody post the one-turn-mill.webm, and show him the truth.
>>
>>49677787
Is there any good cubing to be had in Yugioh or anything like that? My foremost interest in Magic at this point is Limited formats.
>>
>>49677800
I could post a 1 card Tierra/Sofia video. Shit like that makes nice videos, but isn't really viable.
>>
You make Alexis real so I can feed her sanwiches irl
>>
>>49677836

Shes a real jobber
>>
File: 1449966567364.webm (3MB, 564x386px) Image search: [Google]
1449966567364.webm
3MB, 564x386px
>>49677800
I have the webm, but it was actually the opponent who decked himself out, not the other player.
>>
>>49677787
Ban all top tier decks.

The problem with yugioh is they always make interesting stuff but then they make one card thats too strong for each archetype. Look at this ban list http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ its mainly one or two cards from different archetypes.

Apart from that let us use ocg cards and let us double sleeve.

>>49677814
cubing?
>>
>>49677884
That's what he gets for only running Maxx C. Could have stopped all that if he ran Effect Veiler or Ghost Ogre.
>>
File: 1474871710270.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1474871710270.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>49677787
You post skull servant decklists.
>>
>>49677890
>cubing?
Using a specifically constructed stack of cards you already have to do drafts and things like that; I specify because I've been given the impression that sets of Yugioh sealed product is not designed with limited in mind.
>>
>>49677923
they have one good list, what else you want?
>>
>>49677939
oh thats cool. It could work in yugioh, but there's too many archetypes. Thats one thing i like about magic and not yugiuoh, it seems less archetype focused.
>>
>>49677814
Could you explain the thought process behind build a MtG cube? It make help me understand if its possible with Yugioh.
>>
>>49677999
dude just google it, it makes perfect sense.

take a bunch of cards
make a format with them
like booster, take 15 randoms.
>>
>>49678022
Google gave me a bunch of ARG articles, and only scrubs trust ARG.
>>
>>49677999
You basically try and create a specific draft environment. Some people try and make a cube represent booster draft of specific, very fun draft sets. Others make their own, adding synergies and themes.

Kind of a "build your own set" that you draft. You decide what's in there or not. You want tribal themes, you can add them. Then you try and balance it so the draft feels fair
>>
>>49677999
I have to admit, I have only dabbled the smallest bit in building cubes myself. For Magic, I'd ensure the five colors are represented equally, and support a manageable number of draft strategies/mechanical themes to be pursued. For Yugioh I guess the equivalent would be the different summoning gimmicks and a subset of the available archetypes you were talking about.
>>
>>49677787
>>start yuigoh thread
>>everyone immediately hijacks the thread to talk about MtG cubes

that ought to tell you everything you need to know right there.
>>
>>49678063
Magicucks are autists and can't let other people have their own thing?
>>
You could buy me a deck, I guess.

Otherwise I see no reason to put time and money into a dying game.
>>
>>49678074
Play online for free you poorfag. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6B7GsCVf45zRUZnVHJid0N0eHc&export=download
>>
>>49678074
Yugioh is dying?
>>
>>49678063
ive said it before but magic is to yugioh what dota is lol.
>>49678073
bingo
>>
>>49678063
Sorry, I was just hoping to learn about Yugioh cubes, if they exist. Any derailment was quite unintentional on my part.
>>
>>49678125
There's this
http://articles.alterealitygames.com/a-look-at-my-personal-cube/

So it is possible
>>
>>49677787
Buy me a winning deck and a bottle of bacardi. And some doughnuts. I'd play some of anything for that much.
>>
>>49677787
>TFW I liked the anime more than the game itself
It should have ended with 5Ds.
I actually sort of like XYZ monsters, but Pendulum Summoning is horseshit and should never have been allowed.
The game is so fucking busted the only way I can enjoy it is by watching animu characters play unoptimized, themed decks and make completely impossible draws and strategies until one pulls off a particularly impressive turnabout combo that ends the duel.
Part of my inner autist wants to write fanfiction because, like I said, I liked 5Ds and it ended. It would of course have a terrible plot and a 'shocking' twist, with the final lessons being about the power of friendship and the heart of the cards, but why the fuck not?
Can't be worse than most of the greentexts I've posted on here. Guess I'll just starve the beast until either I stop caring about fake internet points or forget about it like a well-adjusted human being.
>>
>>49678253
What's so bad about Pendulum?
>>
>>49678287
Because
>Nearly Free Special Summons
>You don't even need tributes anymore
>Monster/Spell Cards? In MY deck?
>More combo stacking bullshit
>Pendulums don't even die, they go to the extra deck because of fucking course they do
>Normal Monsters are even less relevant
>Guess who gets to Pendulum Summon, then XYZ Summon, then Normal Summon and then Synchro/Fusion with the leftovers? Fucking everyone, that's who.
>>
>>49678325
Have you heard of a thing called Metalfoes?
>>
>>49678253
>It should have ended with 5Ds
it should have, but xyz are actually pretty decent.
The anime is terrible now. Original is the only good one

Pendulum was only broke with pepes and sort of metalfoes, its a crap mechanic none the less.

>>49678366
>Metalfoes
yeah theyre not normal monsters if theyre pendulum

>>49678325
>>
>>49678383
>Original is the only good one
Normally I would agree with you on that, but I actually managed to enjoy 5Ds more for some reason. Probably muh motorcycles and because Aki's tits are fantastic, I mean goddamn.
>>
>>49678383
>yeah theyre not normal monsters
They are.
>>
>>49677967
>it seems less archetype focused

>Allies
>Eldrazi
>Vampires
>Zombies
>And a large etc

MtG is very archetype focused.
>>
>>49677787
You don't. It's fucking garbage and Magic is superior in every way.
>>
>>49678325
Pendulums get fucked over by Spell removal, they were only broken for a while because of specific cards. It's pretty balanced as a mechanic itself.
>>
>>49678558

Magic is also archetype focused, not exclusively.

Archetypes can be competent at different levels of play in differents environments (legacy got merfolk, goblin adn elves, modern has fringe elves and merfolk, standard varies a lot and had almost anything)

However magic is mainly based around the Aggro/Midrange/Control/Combo, rather than around the Elf/Goblin etc.
>>
>>49677920
Snow Rabbit wouldn'the have stopredicted all of it, it would have shut down his combo recurrance however, obviously veiler wouldn'the have done so much either, unless he hit librarian, as most of the effects going off happened in grave (ancient fairy dragon would have been a decent pick for both too)
>>
>>49678383
>I'very never played Yu-Gi-Oh at a competitive level the post
Normal summoning has never been relevant, in Legend of Blue-Eyes (read as the first set ever) there was enough in terms of special summoning and removal that you wanted to bury Blue-Eyes with Card destruction after setting or hopefully drawing into a Monster Reborn, the normal summons you made were either chaff to defend against a fissure or you set Man-Eater Bug. So please explain to me how normal summoning has ever been relevant at a high tier of play?
>>
>>49678253
>season zero for best season
>>
So what's the metagame like now? Still vomit out 5 dragons in one turn?
>>
>>49680307
It's pretty balanced till ABC comes out. Then you vomit out robo-dragons.
>>
>>49678325
Damn, you know absolutely nothing about the meta game. I bet you just saw a webm or two and based your opinion on that without actually playing.

>Need to go -2 to set up scales so you have less resources than normal
>Getting Solemn Striked on your Pendulum summon sends them to the graveyard, you're pretty much a sitting duck
>Anything that destroys your scales makes you waste cards to get them back up
>Anti-Spell fragrance completely fucks you over
>>
>>49677787
a lot of /tg / actually plays the game, but its impossible to have a thread because of a overly vocal minority, the same minority shitposts in any tcg/ccg thread thats not magic
>>
File: ABANDON SHIP.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ABANDON SHIP.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>The original show was the only good one!
>All summoning types after x are trash and ruining the game!
>Look at this one-in-a-million video, proof that YGO as a game is trash!

Every time.
>>
>>49681771
I'm admit I'm mostly mad because grogarndisms (I bought the original Yugi deck when the show first started winding up in America), but I honestly gave up dedicated play right as XYZs were starting up and deciding I didn't want to spend more money on the game.
My brother was more interested in the game than I was, and tried to pull me back into TCGs once he decided to start back up.
What basically happened was that we played when the first few sets came out, lost a bunch of our cards to a stupid incident involving another one of my brothers, dropped the game for a while as a result, GX happened, my brother got back in the game and got me back in the game, then I quit and he eventually played MTG (which I don't follow). God, my brother must have hundreds of dollars of cards squirreled away somewhere.
I remember pulling Trishula with him back when it was worth $70.
>>
>>49678325
no its not you have to have scales and the pendulum summon is super weak to summon negation
not necessarily, qlis need them and theres a good reason to normal summon high levels in pendulum decks
be if magic did it you'd be thrilled, oh wait they pretty much already did and no one cared
>More combo stacking bullshit, in a game thats always been combo stacking bullshit, its almost like you've never played a game of YGO in you life
>Pendulums don't even die, they go to the extra deck because of fucking course they do
banish, spin, negate a summon, destroy the scales, next set theres even a card to block an opponents scales.
thats not really something pendulum did, but igknight and metalfoes say hello
>Guess who gets to Pendulum Summon, then XYZ Summon, then Normal Summon and then Synchro/Fusion with the leftovers? Fucking everyone, that's who.
nope you have be playing a pendulum deck to pendulum summon.

this whole post reeks of mtg only shitposter, you clearly no nothing of the game or how mechanics work in ygo, its not perfect but at the very least learn what the hell your talking about before you post
>>
>>49681964
Thank you for putting in the effort I didnt want to.
>>
>>49681964
Dude, I have never owned a single goddamn Magic deck in my life. Maybe I don't know why Pendulums are somehow a secretly good and balanced deck, but I'm also not willing to humor yet another 'color' of card that only exists as a method of justifying a new anime, shuffling the balance of power, and encouraging people to buy more cards.
Seriously, how much more stuff do they need to stack onto the game before whoever the hell keeps putting out the cards is satisfied with the complexity?
At least with Dungeons and Dragons you can say 'core only' and be set until people want to play the next edition.
>>
>>49678812
its no use its part of the new summoning method cycle
>new balanced method released
>hype builds
>konami makes a couple unbalanced cards
>idiots scapegoat the broken cards by blaming method
>konami reacts by release hard counters to method
>nobody uses them and continues to bitch about method
>konami eventually realizes the issue is broken cards and ban/limits them
>people forget overtime
>the cycle repeats
it happened with contact fusion, synchro, xyz, and pendulum and it'll happen with whatever the next method is
>>
>>49681964
>Yugicucks this insecure about Magic that anyone who doesnt like their broken game is a Magicfag

LOL
>>
>>49682058
If you've got an aversion to complexity then maybe you SHOULD be picking up Magic.
>>
Not interested in text upon text upon text upon text
>>
>>49677787
Convince Konami to quit with the machine-gun card releases

>Do we actually test this card? You know what, why don't we just release it and if people find it broken, we'll ban it, that way, we get their money and they get a useless card!

That plus, the game just plays fucking awfully, I mean, I gave up when I realized that the game had evolved to the point where you could look at the opening hands of both players and then, 90% of the time, correctly guess who will win.
>>
>>49682058
I just gotta ask mate, why are you here? like, in a yugioh thread? games that go on and on get complex, and to keep people interested, always add new mechanics and change things up.

How long would 40k last if they never released new units and codexes?X-wing LIVES off of its new waves and even they are starting to get a little weird with the new mechanics they are adding to the game. Magic too, though they avoid adding new classes of cards to the game.

You shouldn't have brought Dnd into the mix. you say core only, i say LOB only. really, the two games are just as complex, and convoluted.

Mate, i get you dont like yugioh, and thats fine, but why put in the effort and shit post like this? Only like TTRPGs? go play them.
>>
>>49681889
Sounds rough buddy
>>
>>49677787
>zombie
>skeletal
>ghost
zombie ghosts, leave this place!
>>
>>49682113
People say this a lot and it baffles me. Isn't /tg/ one of the more reading-heavy hobbies?

Like, playing a TTRPG requires reading about character creation, abilities, worlds, etc. A lot of the stuff /tg/ likes has mainly been published in text.

Is it because it's on a card that it's not okay?
>>
>>49682159
the problem is that the text on yu-gi-oh cards is a) tiny and b) inefficient as fuck
yugioh takes 50 words to say what magic can do in 4
>>
>>49681808
The only reason that I complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't like Magic is because Wizards actually fucking test their cards. Konami can't be fucked and instead treat their players like shit, forcing their players to waste huge amounts of money on cards that they will ban after the first tournament, forcing them to pay even more money.

That's just a fucking dick business strategy.
>>
>>49682142
But this is our home :(
>>
>>49682173
It's not that big an issue since you can memorize what the cards do after a few games, but yeah they definitely could cut out a lot more text.
>>
>>49682058
pendulum summon is a all or nothing swarm mechanic with a number of weaknesses
>scales need to be maintained
>some scales limit what can be pendulum summoned
>they are vulnerable to anything that effects a spell card
>if a pendulum monster wether activated as a scale or summoned, gets negated and destroyed it goes to the graveyard, where it most likely stays
>a pendulum summon is a single mass summon a negation will get everything summoned in it.
>pendulum monsters used as xyz material go to graveyard after detached
>pendulum monster used from the hand for fusion or tribute go to the graveyard
>the only way they make it to the extra deck for resummon is to get on the field/pendulum scale successfully be destroyed/send for tribute, synchro, or fusion material and then they have to not get negated when being resummoned
>and just to mention the obvious pendulum decks tend to lose hand advantage quickly
>>
>>49677890
What do you mean, doublesleeving is against the rurus?
>>
>>49682106
No, man, I'm not fucking bothering with learning this game all over again. I like the idea, but muh complexity, while it does allow for a lot of cool shit, is no reason for me to pick back up a game I'd have to invest months to catch up to and whatever a good deck costs these days. It's like 3.X bloat, and I'm not willing to deal with it for the same reasons.
>>49682124
Because I'm a mad as hell grognard and am starting to enjoy my anger, that's why. I'm probably going to get off the internet now.
>>
>>49682124
He's in a yugioh thread cause OP asked a question to the public, not to yugioh players
>>
>>49682214
It's against the rules in Burgerland, yeah

The TCG is generally far worse compared to the OCG
>>
>>49682105
magic shitters do it to force of will as well
would still do it to android
and did it to duel masters, cardfight

actually they do it to every card game, the only reason the don't do it in the android threads is android players just ignored it and they gave up
>>
>>49682180
>Wizards actually fucking test their cards
Yes, but that didn't stop Meme Rhino, Eldrazi Winter, CoCo Standard, etc.

At least Yugioh reprints cards that are good.
>>
Tell me about the meta and if froglancer / Ladd frogs can compete
>>
>>49682105
naw thats pretty justified, magic only shitposters are the reason other tcgs don't get discussed here

/a/ /vp/and /vg/ don't really tolerate that type of shitposting hence why they can have threads there, even though all tcg should be allowed on /tg/
>>
>Thread asking /tg/ what it would take to get them into yugioh
>Majority of /tg/ are magic players
>WHY ARE MAGICFAGS IN HERE THIS IS A YUGIOH THREAD
>>
File: 254909.jpg (22KB, 266x384px) Image search: [Google]
254909.jpg
22KB, 266x384px
The OCG has some cool cards. I built an OCG DM deck with pic related. The foil effect is great. Pretty much just interested for the nostalgia though.
>>
>>49682228
yeah but he came here just to shitpost
>>
>>49682239
its because some dickhead used it to cheat once
>>
>>49682303
look mom I can shitpost too
>>
>>49682335
Oh? go on
>>
>>49682327
>>49682349
>I don't agree with it so its a shitpost
Seriously, were you expecting people to NOT say why they aren't into yugioh in this thread? They're answers to OPs question
>>
>>49682327
Fine, here's a more direct answer
>What would it take for you to get back into Yugioh
Someone sending me back to my childhood.
>>
>>49682286
Maybe you all should stop playing shit card games asshole
>>
I'm going to preface this post by saying that I like yugioh and still play it.

Yugioh is fun but it's terribly designed. It always has been. Konami is just bad at card games. The anime is fun but literally every series, including the original, have problems, especially where writers other than Takahashi are concerned.

That's what happens when a franchise is turned into a commercial
>>
File: 1474395479841.png (1019KB, 500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1474395479841.png
1019KB, 500x1125px
>>49677787
Take me back to the time before polymerization was pointless
>>
File: really, faggot.png (956KB, 950x1050px) Image search: [Google]
really, faggot.png
956KB, 950x1050px
>>49677787
Why would I play Yugioh? It's for five year olds.
>>
I stopped playing when they banned Chaos Emperor Dragon and then those goddamned son of a bitch Cyber Dragons came.

And from what little I understand the game got even more and more and more ridiculous as time went on.

I still like the art and always check for new kawaii waifu-able cards.
>>
File: DarkMagicianGirl-TF04-JP-VG-3.jpg (103KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
DarkMagicianGirl-TF04-JP-VG-3.jpg
103KB, 544x544px
>>49682704
You can't beat the original.
>>
>zombie
>skeletal
>ghost
Make up your goddamn mind.
>>
>>49682774
They did.

It is a skeletal ghost of the zombie type
>>
>>49682704
>new kawaii waifu-able cards.
Say hello to the new hotness in town.
>>
>>49678253
synchros are the most degenerate mechanic in the game.

pendulums are actually incredibly balanced, being easy to slow down and stop and having all sorts of weaknesses. even Xyz are limited by having Xyz materials, while synchros can potentially trigger infinitely--see every loop video/tierra/sophia combo ever
>>
>>49682326
that card comes out in a couple weeks.
>>
>>49678253
Dude. Write.
>>
>>49682549
there was never a time like that.

vanilla poly has always been garbage...hell, fusion summoning was pointless garbage in OG yugioh.

>but muh TER!
metamorphosis isn't a fusion summon
>>
>>49682746
>that Black Magician Girl with new art by Kazuki Takahashi

hnnnnng

>>49682812

Seems rather mundane, where's the huge tits or the loli charm?
>>
>>49682892
best new art from the movie pack was pic related.
>>
>>49682892
>>
>>49677874
Everyone in Obelisk jobbed
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 544x544px
I miss when ritual and fusion monsters was the most complicated shit.

Also what's tg's favorite card and why is Relinquished?
>>
>>49683000

nice trips but Thousand Eyes Sacrifice is better

Unlimited now, too
>>
File: $_1.jpg (35KB, 274x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
35KB, 274x400px
>>49682892
This one?
>>
>>49683160

No, this one.
>>
>>49682258
I will be the first to admit that they let some slip through the cracks, when it comes to banning, but are you going to try and tell me that trying and sometimes missing a gamebreaking combo is worse than a "Once we have their money, we don't give a fuck" banning style?
>>
File: KiwiMagicianGirl-MVP1-EN-UR-1E.png (843KB, 465x695px) Image search: [Google]
KiwiMagicianGirl-MVP1-EN-UR-1E.png
843KB, 465x695px
>>49683171
hnnnng indeed.

The new magician girls are pretty interesting too. Not sure if they actually work well though.
>>
>>49682887
Are you joking? 2004's meta was only Elemental HERO's and fusing
>>
File: ce094b2e.jpg (238KB, 1296x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ce094b2e.jpg
238KB, 1296x1920px
This is the only waifu card a person needs.
>>
>>49683277
vanilla HEROes were never meta.
>>
>>49683254
This. Even though I think Yu-Gi-Oh! is the better game, I do envy the Magic players for their banning system. At least they can get a set, build a deck and then play that for the next year or so. I gave up on the Meta because I literally did not have the money to keep on buying a brand new deck every 4 months.
>>
File: monarchs get #rekt.png (1MB, 1532x952px) Image search: [Google]
monarchs get #rekt.png
1MB, 1532x952px
>>49683264
they're decent as support for DM, not very good on their own.
>>
>>49683321
>Choco Magician girl
>Not Delicious brown
>>
>>49683313
>ever 4 months
>meanwhile Burning Abyss is only just now kind of fucking dying after around 2 years.
>>
File: apprentice-magician.png (357KB, 289x424px) Image search: [Google]
apprentice-magician.png
357KB, 289x424px
>>49683344
you rang?
>>
>>49683374
How many of these can you run in a deck? You have piqued my interest, also is a dark magician girl deck viable?
>>
>>49682470
But we don't play Magic.
>>
File: dmgs 3.png (1MB, 1588x992px) Image search: [Google]
dmgs 3.png
1MB, 1588x992px
>>49683442

DMG pure isn't very good, and loses to any battle phase disruption ever. they serve as decent support for dark magician though. they're not meta, but they can still do some sicknasty combos.
>>
>>49683511

Plus you know, you can play with an erection all duel long.
>>
File: ggnore.gif (966KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ggnore.gif
966KB, 500x281px
>>49682470
this, so hard
i hate it when fags start talking about anime i don't like on anime boards, video games i don't like on the video game board, or sports i don't watch on the sports board
just because it's the right board doesn't mean you can discuss things i dislike; all discussion should pertain only to things that interest me
>>
>>49683442
3 of each card I believe.
>>
File: dmgs 6.png (1MB, 1524x952px) Image search: [Google]
dmgs 6.png
1MB, 1524x952px
>>49683526
I play super quants for that
>>
File: MagiMagiMagicianGal-WJMP-JP-UR.png (426KB, 399x584px) Image search: [Google]
MagiMagiMagicianGal-WJMP-JP-UR.png
426KB, 399x584px
Magical girls best deck theme.

It'd be nice to have this in English.
>>
>>49677787
Drop anything Synchro and beyond, and I have a deck I've been dying to use for years.
>>
>>49683671
why not play it anyway?

you don't need to use synchros/xyz/pend to win. hell, soon as they come out, ABCs are going to dominate and they're a fusion deck.
>>
>>49683653
Never ever
>>
>>49683698
2 Level 6 Spellcaster-Type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 card from your hand, then activate 1 of these effects.
● Target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of it until the End Phase.
● Target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Special Summon it to your field.

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>49683758
Kazuki Takahashi won't allow the art to be altered
>>
>>49683511
so say if i had multiple choco's out could i discard a spell caster and draw 1 per choco? as in I drop 1 card to activate Choco A's ability, Then drop 1 to activate Choco B's ability etc
>>
>>49683815
Yes.
>>
>>49683815
>>49683815
yes.
>>
>>49683837
>>49683845
Nice, I know nothing about ygo, other than the show. So how would i go about building a deck like this? Also is there an online place i could try it out kind of like mtg workstation or cockatrice?
>>
>>49683874
you can google decklists

also there's a program called ygopro
>>
>>49683874
You have YGOpro

YGOPro (Windows): https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6B7GsCVf45zRUZnVHJid0N0eHc&export=download
YGOPro (Mac): https://mega.nz/#!fREAVBwZ!cOQG_5oHFKgjfwz4dVUtAW88w9gqRrvWyeFZ7zI_bVM
>>
>>49683874
RIP Dueling Network. You will be missed.

It was so much better than YgoPro for building decks, since you didn't need to download anything.
>>
>>49677787
Why would I waste my time with Terrible Card Design: The Game?
>>
>>49683794

Pretty much the reason I only ever played OCG back in the day.

I want my tiddies and demons and pentagrams, dammit!
>>
>>49683927
Because its fun
>>
>>49683952
Blame Konami PR for marketing the game to kids outside of Japan
>>
>>49683927
This isn't Magic: The Gathering, I don't know what you're talking about anon
>>
>>49684034

It is for kids anon, do you picture bosozoku motorcycle gangs in Japan stopping to play YGO or something?
>>
>>49684116
Yes, yes I do. My locals used to have guys from the Army and cholos.
>>
File: SummonedSkull-LCJW-EN-R-1E.png (688KB, 445x646px) Image search: [Google]
SummonedSkull-LCJW-EN-R-1E.png
688KB, 445x646px
>>49683952
>Cleavage, demonic symbols
>Not allowed, it'll corrupt the kids
>Actual demons
>A-OK!!

The censorship is fucking retarded
>>
>>49684226
>skull

where is my pink one-eyed demon

someone call kazuki takahashi
>>
>>49684087
You have zero aesthetic sense if you think Yugioh cards look even a 10th as good as Magic cards.
>>
File: Inspiration-BP03-EN-C-1E.png (334KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
Inspiration-BP03-EN-C-1E.png
334KB, 309x450px
>>49684226
>Actual demons
you mean "fiends" & "archfiends"

>>49684392
there's quite a variety of art styles
>>
File: SummonedSkull-TF04-JP-VG-4.png (356KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
SummonedSkull-TF04-JP-VG-4.png
356KB, 544x544px
>>49684271
>>
>>49684116
It was originally marketed to teens in Japan, and I have seen bosozoku guys play in Tokyo. Yugioh being marketed mainly towards kids in Japan started with Zexal because NAS decided that Yugioh should compete with the kid-demographic games and anime being released in the winter 2011 - fall 2012 season
>>
File: 1474825011320.jpg (241KB, 850x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1474825011320.jpg
241KB, 850x1063px
>>49683344
>>49683374
>>49683442
>>49683511
>>49683526
>>
File: toon_dark_magician_girl_by_myui.jpg (200KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
toon_dark_magician_girl_by_myui.jpg
200KB, 800x600px
>>49685233
l-l-l-lewd!
>>
Reminder that Yugioh has better waifus than MtG
>>
Alright, so I see you all crying out about how the metagame is totally balanced and such.

So how do I play with my old cards? I'm not an MTG fag, I played Yu-Gi-Oh! right up until the new Archfiends came out and I realised how utterly unfriendly the game was to backwards compatibility.

While I've played a limited amount of MTG, I do know there are ways to include nostalgic sets of cards in a limited format and that it's rather popular. So is there something like that for Yu-Gi-Oh! that will allow me to play the cards I like playing with?
>>
>>49685850
Nope. Because old cards were unplayable even in their time.
>>
>>49685850
The reason I ask this is because while MTG has at least a fairly flat board of cards that work and cards that don't across the ages with slight power creep here and there and outliers in sets, Yu-Gi-Oh! is completely unfriendly to archetypes that existed not even one generation before.

I say this because in MTG you at least have a situation where most cards aren't part of a large scale group of cards that work well exclusively together(barring tribal I assume) and so can work in places like cubes or even as reprints years later. Yu-Gi-Oh! on the other hand only ever reprints broken cards and is totally archetype reliant and so when one or two essential cards die, the whole lot die. See those elemental dragon fuckers from about two years ago or so.
>>
>>49685850
Generation Duels
>>
>>49685850
>>49685938
Yugioh has terrible format support for events. It's either Advanced format with the current banlist or very rarely gimmick formats with rotating rules, neither of which are good for old cards

Your best bet is to find somebody to play super casually with

>>49685957
Generation Duels don't happen often enough and are still shitty for somebody with cards up Dark Crisis
>>
>>49685957
Monster/Effect ALL OTHER EFFECT MONSTERS Forbidden
Monster/Fusion ALL FUSION MONSTERS Forbidden
Monster/Pendulum ALL PENDULUM MONSTERS Forbidden
Monster/Ritual ALL RITUAL MONSTERS Forbidden
Monster/Synchro ALL SYNCHRO MONSTERS Forbidden

I forgot to cut this one off at the pass. I'm interested in playing in a format where older archetypes like Archfiends are playable in a limited playspace, not where all the cards that made them unplayable by comparison are legal and everything else isn't.
>>
>>49685995
>I'm interested in playing in a format where older archetypes like Archfiends are playable in a limited playspace
There isn't one
>>
>>49685995
>>49686022
Even if there was, Chess Archfiends are unplayable.
>>
>>49686035
That, too
>>
>>49686022
Pretty sure throwing them in places where the format is controlled would work. Again, like an MTG cube. Homelands might be the most garbage set ever but you can still use cards from it in a cube(not sure why you'd harm yourself like that, but still).

Then again, this is the game that releases cards completely reliant on cards that were released years earlier with no easy way to get said cards.

See: Exodia Necross, Dark Paladin(Buster Blader was impossible to get at the time) and many, many more. The design philosophy for the game just wasn't as consistent.
>>
>>49677787

What is the point of a 1 star weak card ?

You can only summon one card per-turn so why summon something so fucking weak ?
>>
>>49686106
Honestly, Konami has gotten better at making playable archetypes. I'm sure all the archetypes from Arc-V are playable. Even Digital Bugs and Aromages. Plus, they been giving older cards good support.

>>49686149
Someone post the mat
>>
File: 1377223207411.png (121KB, 252x255px) Image search: [Google]
1377223207411.png
121KB, 252x255px
>>49686177
>Someone post the mat
>>
File: C13lRmB.png (534KB, 1150x600px) Image search: [Google]
C13lRmB.png
534KB, 1150x600px
>>49686149
>>49686177
>>49686188
you rang?
>>
>>49686123
You'd have to come up with that yourself. Yugioh doesn't do that at events.

>>49686177
In exchange for slightly more playable archetypes we get nonstop powercreep and tiny amounts of generic cards. It's an emotional rollercoaster, and not in a good way
>>
>>49686253
Nonstop powercreep? I mean, ABCs are strong but are still manageable. Molmorat is the only truly broken card that I can think of from the past few sets.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>49686200

This answered NONE of my questions >>49686149
>>
>>49686123
why not build archfiends to compete?

>>49686301
skull servant is part of an archetype. on his own he's terrible but he has a full set of support cards that allow a shitty level 1 to become a level 1 with 9000 atk that can't be targeted and summons itself back if you destroy it.
>>
>>49686320
Does this answer your question?
>>
>>49686290
Try playing an unfiltered Chaos Deck from Classic Yu-Gi-Oh! vs. anything released from 5ds onwards.

I fucking dare you.
>>
>>49686339
Meant for >>49686301
>>
>>49686346
Do I get to use CED and Yata?
>>
>>49686346
>tfw even prime teledad is shit now

>>49686366
yes
>>
File: neo spacians.png (1MB, 1528x956px) Image search: [Google]
neo spacians.png
1MB, 1528x956px
>>49686346
so you expect people to play 100% the exact deck you did before?

why not just adapt and take your deck from back then and update it?
>>
File: 1443461475585.png (2KB, 163x209px) Image search: [Google]
1443461475585.png
2KB, 163x209px
>>49686320
>>49686339

At last I truly see!
>>
>>49686381
The OCG put DAD at 2 for 1 format and had to limit it the next banlist
>>
>>49686381
>yes
Modern meta is pretty fucked then, because "lol lose all ur cards and never draw again" is still extremely potent.
>>
>>49686381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dViyKrlX83E

yeah, yata could still compete with nekroz era. they lost this game, but mostly because nekroz player topdecked like a champ.
>>
>>49686383

Because every deck from the generations I played and liked the archetypes are deader than a doornail and can't be updated to the point of playability in any popular format.

>>49686366
Have fun against Effect Veiler.
>>
>>49686383
>Dueling Network
>vs Dark World
How old is this shit

>>49686399
>>49686412
Good luck competing now with the Sangan errata
>>
>>49686420
>every deck from the generations I played and liked the archetypes are deader than a doornail

>>49686426
that screenshot was a couple days after the shutdown--there was an archived version of the game that was still playable for a couple weeks.
>>
>>49686442
>every deck from the generations I played and liked the archetypes are deader than a doornail
that's never stopped me, and I know a guy who plays archfiends nowadays too.

what sort of decks do you play?
>>
Molmorat was a mistake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzSxTv-FVTI&feature=youtu.be&t=24s
>>
>>49686454
Not him but might as well

My deck has literally always been 40ishgoodcards.dek
>>
>>49686540
pepe just got butchered(it was goodstuff.dek), and you can still play goodstuff.dek based on synchros, xyz, or pendulum. there's a guy at my locals who consistently goes x-1 with 60 card synchro goodstuff just because he can.
>>
>>49686454
When I still played, my favourite current deck was a combo deck involving spell counters, Endymion and the Spellbook cards. Not so much prophecy, as they didn't really help the spell loop engine I was running. For once it felt like spell counters could work. Then they didn't.

The other deck I loved to bits was my Steelswarm deck. No it wasn't terribly good for very long, but it was amazingly fun and even won games against high tier decks for a while.

The Archfiend deck I ran wasn't really a completed deck, as it was too slow to compete. Not really any synergistic search cards for them.

Apart from that, there was a weird gadget build I went to nationals with way back when and placed second in(it was juniors so all 10-13 year olds but hey, it's a personal best). It probably wasn't very good either but when playing against seniors I did okay, though back then I saw them like gods rather than teens that just knew how to math better than me.
>>
>>49686579
konami actually recently released a bunch of spell counter support via pendulum cards.
https://ygorganization.com/endymion/

steelswarms got upgraded to evilswarms. dunno how playable steelswarms are with evilswarm support, but, eh.all the evilswarm spell cards support 'lswarms'

and gadgets just got two fucking awesome new cards.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Gadget
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gold_Gadget
>>
>>49686655
I should say that you're likely never going to be meta with old archetypes, like you said, but the old decks are still playable and you CAN still win with them sometimes.
>>
>>49678104
Of course it is. It was never good to begin with, and if I'm not mistaken, isn't it like 20 years old?
>>
>>49686758
But it's not dying
>>
>>49686758
old doesn't equal dying. cards are still selling a LOT, events are as big as ever, if not bigger.
>>
File: 1475341739349.png (463KB, 617x555px) Image search: [Google]
1475341739349.png
463KB, 617x555px
>>49686346
Why play old Chaos when I can use this?
>>
>>49686792
that'sthepoint
>>
ITT we come up with new formats that aren't shit
>>
>>49686859
60 card highlander monstermash
>>
>>49686890
With or without a banlist
>>
>>49686905
No banlist
>>
File: 00cfd518.jpg (225KB, 1303x1920px) Image search: [Google]
00cfd518.jpg
225KB, 1303x1920px
Speaking of 60 card decks, who else is looking forward to playing 60 card sacksworn for the hell of it?

隣の芝刈り Tonari no Shibakari (Lawnmowing Next Door)
Normal Spell Card
(1) If there are more cards in your Deck than your opponent’s Deck: Send cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard until it’s the same size as your opponent’s.
>>
>>49686979
I am. I love 60 card Lightsworn
>>
>>49686996
It's going to be so fun to fuck around with that card when it finally hits ygopro, I can't wait.
>>
>>49677787
Put a gun to my mother's head.
>>
>>49687147
Okay
>>
Anyone want to play on YgoPro?
>>
File: EmperorSpanking.jpg (74KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
EmperorSpanking.jpg
74KB, 601x500px
>>49687392
sure, I'll play.

I'll host a room. password is emprah, note is for tg anons
>>
>>49687429
Meta? or just petdecks?
>>
>>49687440
play what you like, but I don't play meta.
>>
>>49687446
Okay, I'll be ther in a bit. Ygopro is acting weird for me
>>
GG my friend, I got outplayed.
>>
>>49687661
gg

Question, are you from dng?
>>
>>49687722
not anymore. ditched that cancer-filled cesspool like a year ago.
>>
>>49687729
I left dng after losing a shadow duel.
>>
>>49677787
Make it not suck.
Core mechanics are actually pretty good and could make for a great game, but it has suffered so much power creep and has too many cards with unique effects that just make the game a mess. It's broken to the point of being un-fun.

Also, get rid of the terribly shitty card art.
>>
>>49687768
I openly mocked shadow duels, and left on my own after all the notable users left.
>>
File: Waifu deck.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu deck.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm not going to lie I don't know anything about ygo but here's the Dark Magician Girl deck i made, it feels a little clunky anyone have any tips? I feel like i could use more card draw
>>
>>49687778
That was before my time, I think.
>>
>>49687790
You could play 3 Instant Fusion, 1 Norden, 1 Rare Fish, 2 Bahamut Shark, and 2 Treatoad.
>>
>>49687866
In place of...sorry i'm literally going into this practically blind
>>
>>49687790
cut DMOC, stormforth, dark hole, duality, and 1 DMG

add in dark magician, dark magic circle, eternal soul, and magician's navigation
>>
>>49687877
Just drop Duality for the Instant Fusions. The rest are extra deck monsters
>>
>>49687866
I get Norden but are the rarefish and treatoad for XYZ summoning the Shark as a beater?
>>49687910
I'm not seeing Dark Magic Circle in ygopro
>>49687916
Is Duality that bad? It felt kind of like brainstorm in mtg
>>
>>49688059
it's called 'dark magic circle' on pro.

duality is okay in certain decks, but when you already have search power and you NEED your special summons, it loses its usability a LOT

if you want quick draws, try upstart goblin.

rare fish is to summon bahamut shark, which summons treatoad, which is a really good card.
>>
>>49688059
Rarefish is used because you don't want to waste Norden if you already a Level 4 on the field. Choco is a Level 4 and Water, so she can be used to summon Bahamut Shark. Bahamut Shark can summon Treatoad from your Extra deck. Treatoad negates anything and can recycle itself.
>>
File: Waifu deck v2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu deck v2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>49688130
Ok going to try this out now, So why cut DmoC? He seems good
>>
>>49688222
He's better in the OCG. You can recycle things like Feather Duster, Avarice, and Reborn over there. The TCG doesn't really have anything that matters, outside of archetype specific Spells.

Let me find a video I saw. It was a Magician girl deck and it looked like it worked.
>>
>>49688271
Sorry, I couldn't find it.
>>
>>49688395
All good

So Treatoad is amazing good call! I have kind of a dumb question so the Magician Girls chain off of each other if X is attacked search for a Magician Girl but it doesn't seem like Dark Magician Girl gets a boost from herself from being in the graveyard is this because she isn't considered a "Dark Magician"?
>>
>>49677940
Theres a few ways to spice up skull servants. Shiranui cards work well with them, and the new skull servant cards will be a good addition.
>>
>>49688495
"Dark Magician" specifies Dark Magician, the monster. If DMG said "Dark Magician" monsters, she'd gain ATK for every monster with Dark Magician in its name.

I think I found the video, if you need help identifying the cards, just ask.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29705390
>>
>>49688505
>>
>>49684444
That's on par with maybe the worst looking card art in Magic

Not to mention the layout is atrocious and you have a nice tiny box for a wall of tiny text
>>
>>49688941
Most MtG cards look like generic fantasy stuff.
>>
>>49686792
Haha what is this deck
>>
I see a lot of people complain that yugioh is too fast. What they fail to understand is, from a spectative frame of reference, as the speed increases and approaches the speed of light, time dilation will cause the game to appear to move slower, while from the player's perspective the world will age faster. Thus the spectators, in reality, will eventually get their slower paced game as the game becomes faster and faster, while the players gain the ability to time travel

>>49689083
Chaos stuff
>>
>>49688941
You forgot you /s
>>
>>49684226
what the fuck is that errata, holy shit
>>
>>49689210
The japanese name is Summoned Daemon. Daemons are Archfiends in the TCG. Summoned Skull is part of the Archfiend archetype, but it came out so early that the TCG decided to call it Summoned Skull because they probably thought it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>49689242
Holy shit I love when localization gets this retarded
>>
File: tasty traptrixes.png (966KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
tasty traptrixes.png
966KB, 622x622px
>>49682892
>loli charm
Say no more
>>
Yugioh is honestly Magic for children/weaboos
>>
>>49677787
You give it art that isn't garbage, card names that aren't garbage, rules text that isn't garbage, and card stock that isn't garbage. Start there.
>>
>>49689456
>poster count didn't increase
Yeah okay anon
>>
>>49689275
To be fair, Summoned Skull came out before archetypes were even a thing.
A really good example of retarded localisation is how they used to translate english names like Cyclops into japanese names like Hitotsu-Me Giant.
>>
>>49688941
Here, this card should appeal to the typical magicfag.
>>
>>49683374
Dark Marik Girl?
>>
>>49689772
Sure
>>
File: WIXOSS Ruri Level 4.png (201KB, 760x1003px) Image search: [Google]
WIXOSS Ruri Level 4.png
201KB, 760x1003px
How do I get /tg/ to play weaksauce?
>>
>>49690450
Translate it
>>
File: tj.png (661KB, 717x474px) Image search: [Google]
tj.png
661KB, 717x474px
>>49678073

>literally asking people to play Yugioh

>can't let other people have their own thing

wat
>>
>>49690509
the wiki and webxoss have translations
>>
>>49686339
A good Skull Servant deck doesn't even run Skull Servant.
>>
>>49690551
Then make a thread similar to this.
>>
>>49690554
>good
>Skull Servant deck
The only correct way to play Skull Servants is to boost King Mr. Skeltal as high as possible.
>>
>>49690450
I need to get back into it, after watching Destructed I've been really in the mood to do that. I'll probably be even more in the mood for it once I finally watch the first episode of Lostorage.
>>
>>49677787
You'd have to change the design and art direction.
>>
anyone still in the thread feel like a game or two on YgoPro?

for newer/returning players, I can play older/weaker decks or decks focusing on a specific summon method.
>>
>>49677787
I passively want to get into YGO for a quite some time already. I know basic rules, messed around in Duel Generation a little and have rough idea about the meta, but I have absolutely no clue what I want to play in YGOPro. Which decks/archetypes would you recommend for a newfag to learn first? Apparently I like Synchro Summon.

>>49690450
Is there a way to practice without real opponent?
>>
>>49691315
>Which decks/archetypes would you recommend for a newfag to learn first?
gadgets are a fantastic intro deck, teaching resource management and xyz summons

hunders are great too, teaching resource management and synchro/xyz summons

yosenju are good to teach pendulums and xyz summons

fluffals are good for OTK decks, teaching fusions
>>
>>49691315
>Is there a way to practice without real opponent?
You mean with bots?No.
>>
>>49691293
Sure, I'll play.
>>
>>49691315
Ygopro has an AI. You can play against if you want to.
>>
>>49691394
any preference for deck style?

room will have a password
emprah
>>
>>49691400
oh, and I'm on the USA server
>>
>>49691400
>>49691408
I'm the guy from before, I'll join if someone else doesn't join.
>>
>>49691427
thought I recognized you.

join if you want, though I'm still a little tipsy, since I went out for oktoberfest and I might not be up much longer.
>>
>>49691434
Alright. Going to use the same deck again, because I have nothing else right now. Have like 10 decks that aren't finished for whatever reason.
>>
>>49691246
I'm going to make a thread tomorrow
>>
>>49691354
Thanks.

>>49691386
>You mean with bots?

Yeah, or something like the test mode in Cardfight Area. I'd like to get familiar with game flow and my deck first, don't want to irritate someone on WEBXOSS.
>>
gg dude
>>
>>49691547
If the anon really does make the thread tomorrow then I'll work you through the basics of the game and all that, I need to relearn it properly myself anyways.

I'd say I'd do it tonight, but it's 2am and I'd need to actually throw a deck together and it's too fucking late for that.
>>
>>49691576
gg my friend.
>>
Anyone want to play on YgoPro?
>>
>>49682874
It's out already. Part of the Legendary Decks 2.
>>
File: 1469663909425.jpg (21KB, 280x246px) Image search: [Google]
1469663909425.jpg
21KB, 280x246px
>>49689279
>Tfw I got this card in my tin pull today
>>
File: TraptrixAtrax-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png (375KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
TraptrixAtrax-PGL2-EN-GUR-1E.png
375KB, 308x450px
>>49691665
Lucky bastard, I still don't have her.
At least I have best Traptrix.
>>
>>49677787
Rework the game from the ground up, don't let it power creep to the butt fuckingly stupid degree it has. This would, hopefully, result in a more balanced game where at least I could play cards/decks I like and still be either somewhat competitive, or at least still able to have fun.

Rest in peace my beloved Yubel.
>>
>>49692476
Yubel was never competitive.
>>
>>49692476
I never said it was, I said I would like to be able to play things I like competitively.
>>
>>49692513
Yeah, okay. But Yubel was never, and could never be, competitive. You want some fantasy format, clearly, because even if the Yubel series went toe-to-toe with the earliest meta deck it'd get BTFO.
>>
>>49682812
>SPYRAL Super Agent dreamily looking at the waitress
I like this.
>>
>>49692476
>I want to be able to use even the most awful, awful cards ever

what the fuck kind of collectable TCG do you play where literally every card ever, even the awful collector cards, has its place in the competitive scene?
>>
>>49677787
honestly I dont think the game would be that bad if komoney didnt rig the banned list specifically so that the newest sets are the only thing thats competitive. It would also be nice if they didnt fuck around and rarity bump stupid shit for the TCG. Honestly the problem is with konami, not so much the game itself. If anything is actually able to compete with the new stuff it get banned/restricted/limited. Unless you ware a TCG specific archetype.I have no fucking clue how BA has been around this long. (although it can be 2fast2ferious broken as fuck sometimes.)
>>
How much are all my old cards worth?
>>
File: Laughing Magicman.jpg (163KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Magicman.jpg
163KB, 660x371px
Lmao Yugifag defense force going all out with the damage control.

No one likes Yugioh. No one will EVER like Yugioh. Deal with it, weabs.
>>
File: weebs.png (41KB, 767x301px) Image search: [Google]
weebs.png
41KB, 767x301px
>>49696292
>Weebs
>4chan
>>
>>49677787
>How do I get you guys to play Yugioh?
You should explain to use why we should play it.
>>
>>49697603
Because it's a fun clusterfuck of madness.
>>
>>49697684
>Because it's a fun clusterfuck of madness.
Which makes it different/better, from magic (for instance), how?
>>
>>49697715
I've never played Magic, so I don't know.
>>
>>49677787
You make Rituals great again
>>
guys, just dont post yugioh on /tg/
go to /a/ were magicfags will actually let a thread about a card game they dont like exist, ya know like adults.
>>
>>49697751
Cyber Angel and Espirit are pretty cool. No where near Nekroz in power, but both are playable. Gishki is usable because of Treatoad and Ritual Sanctuary.
>>
>>49697767
Yes, come to /a/'s Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V threads! We welcome you, and hope to see you soon!
>>
>>49697715
A mostly a speed thing, games of magic are much more controlled in their speed since it's a game with actual resources while yugioh's only real limits are card effects and your one normal summon per turn, which gives it its own flavour that appeals to some people more than others.

>>49691534
Any idea when you'll be making that thread if you really plan to?

I'd make one myself but I'd much rather have someone that actually knows shit about the game around when it's made because all I know is how to netdeck bad decks for the game and not much beyond that.
>>
File: D.3.S.-Frog_FL.jpg (47KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
D.3.S.-Frog_FL.jpg
47KB, 416x416px
Never Forget
>>
>>49697781
I just want the next show to be based on Rituals. It can be only 2 years long, but we really need a Ritual era in this game. Those cards have so much potential once you unbrick their mechanic by allowing Ritual Spells which summon from Deck and shuffling of Ritual Monsters in exchange for such Ritual Spells
>>
>>49697828
Ritual era? But we already had Nekroz
>>
>>49697841
No.. one good archetype doesn't make up for the mechanic as a whole. There needs to be a shift in the whole mechanic with more good archetypes. Ritual needs to be as good as Fusion at least.
>>
>>49697828
Anon, we've already suffered through Nekroz Era, and Cyber Herald is a special kind of hell to play against. Even as a fan of rituals I'm perfectly fine with there never being a ritual era because when Konami makes them well they're hell.
>>
But I do. Reshef of Destruction and the Sacred Cards.

Not paper, ick.
>>
>>49697895
Play on YgoPro
>>
File: 1157.jpg (75KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1157.jpg
75KB, 416x416px
>>49683277
So very, very wrong.

2004 was literally the reign of Chaos.
>>
>>49680259
My nigga
>>
>>49682075
Contact fusion was fine because it only applied to three archetypes that I remember that were built around it, and then they dropped it until we needed to make Fusion summoning able to keep up with all the other special summons.

Synchro was pushing it but at least it had the simple "2+ for 1" formula that goes back to Tribute summoning, but the downside to it was that to make it "viable" a bunch of special summon spam cards were made.

Xyz are only worse because of said special summon spam, as well as the Rank Up cards that effectively ignore the Xyz "rules".

Pendulum is a "2+ for 1-5" upset and is only balanced by the sheer amount of removal that's been printed in the game that casuals don't know about because the anime shows next to none of it.
>>
>>49678253
By all means, write some fanfic. Yugioh is one of those games that's awesome to see play out in a scripted show duel, but extremely boring to see people play in real life. I'd give it a read.
>>
File: Crazy Box.png (498KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Box.png
498KB, 622x622px
>>49697684
Only sometimes
Only in the best of times
>>
>>49697828
>Ritual era
>Ritual era
>RITUAL ERA

NO DADDY STOP SEARCHING

UNICORE STOP! STOP! OH GOD CONSTRUCT'S ALREADY DEAD UNICORE JUST STOP

TRISH NO DON'T KILL MY DJINN OUT

STOP ACTIVATING ALL THOSE PREPS OH GODS IT'S NOT ONCE PER TURN

FUCK NO I LOSE NEXT TURN DON'T ADD BACK THE VALK

CLAUS STOP

OH GOD NOTHING WORKS

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU MAIN THREE DENKOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TRISH NO!
NO!
NOOOOOOOO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>49698925
>tfw the next series uses duel links format so only 3 monsters or 3 s/t per player at a time
>>
>>49678325
Once per turn & easily counterable. I remember laughing many times when the opponent triggered my bottomless.
Depending on the card. Most scales above 8 have some condition that says "Can only Pendelum *insert archetype", this effect can't be negated"
In a card game with MST & Twin Twister, that isn't so hard to eal with
Sounds to me like you need to git gud.
>Pendelums
>Making Normal Monsters less relevant
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (769KB, 813x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
769KB, 813x1185px
>>49678383
>yeah theyre not normal monsters if theyre pendulum
Pendulum Monsters have a regular effect & Pendulum effect, When you set them as scales, then you're using the Pendulum effect, if there is one, & they're basically Continuous Spell Cards who go to the Extra deck when destroyed. Otherwise, they use the Monster effect. The Monster effect is just like any other monster. See pic related. No Monster effect, has flavor text & it has a Pendulum effect.
>>
>>49699296
>>49699344

don't bother trying. people like him don't like logic, they just like looking at the premise of a card and whine about how OP they are.
>>
>>49699356
That's the problem. Much of Pendulums sound overpowered on paper & some archetypes can be very strong but it has many downsides in practice. There are so many ways a Pendulum deck can be screwed mid-game & many of those archetypes are strong not because of the pendulum summon mechanic but rather how they take advantage of it. No one ever told me that the Nekroz was overpowered because of Ritual Summoning, they told me because of their effects & combos.
>>
>>49699500
yup, but no matter how often you tell them pendulums suck, they'll continue to whine about how they made old decks worthless, when pendulum has done nothing but support old deck types.
>>
My thoughts would be have everybody pool all their old cards togeather and BS your way through a tabletop of that vidya universe they played in that one time in the anime, using the cars and a rule of cool with any info on them and how their effects and attacks and stuff would work in that game
>>
I'm selling my shit and just gonna buy a few budget decks for playing with my friends, I have an empowered warrior deck I homebrewed but I want another

Post waifuable or QT budget decks
>>
>>49699877
melodious
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.