[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 55

File: 1463411840432.jpg (43KB, 655x349px) Image search: [Google]
1463411840432.jpg
43KB, 655x349px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to ChicagoNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49650205
>Spotting Bugs before they spot you.sklchp
>Radiation and how not to die to it (at least not directly).knwsft
>Toxic Mages: Mindless beasts or able to negotiate?.trid
>how to avoiD̼̝̰ͅE҉U͇̝̱͡S̟̖̜̙͉̥̩͠ ̛L͉̳̯̲̱͎̤͡IV͉̣̥̹̜̠Ḙ̥̦S̵̙̹͉̪͇̰

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1251 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Seems a rescue party is coming here. You wanna help me rob them?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running SomewhereSunny.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

This Place SOX edition
ever had to deal with such a dangerous area? Seeking Survivors in Chicago? Data in the Arcology? A vacation in the SOX or it's smaller british cousins?
>>
File: queeneuphoria.png (1MB, 786x788px) Image search: [Google]
queeneuphoria.png
1MB, 786x788px
>>49673456

HELLO FELLOW METAHUMAN TEENS
I HEARD THE COOLEST PLACE FOR US TEENS TO HANG OUT IS
The Colossal Pillar of Wasp Eggs
LETS GO DO NOT BRING WEAPONS
>>
File: 653.png (204KB, 600x649px) Image search: [Google]
653.png
204KB, 600x649px
>>49673598
Oh gosh, let's go check that place out!
>>
>>49673598
So are Spider/Scorpions insect spirits or what? How much negative attention would a Scorpion shaman garner?
>>
>>49673703
Spiders and scorpions aren't insects, no.
>>
>>49673717

>>49673703
Buuuuut, should be mentioned that just because this is true, doesn't mean your dumb, panic-y layman is liable to see it that way.
>>
>>49673703
Is there a scorpion totem? If not, there should be.
>>
>>49673992
Why? What would differentiate it from refluffing some other animal totem?
>>
>>49673992
There was one in 3e, but since then no.
>>
>>49673992
There was back in 3rd Edition's Magic in the Shadows. It got ported to SR4A as houserules.

http://pastebin.com/4EvpxHfn

Scorpion
Scorpion is the dancer of death. He fears nothing because he can kill any foe. His poison is his strength. It gives Scorpion the power to do as he pleases. Scorpion is invisible in his home. He strikes enemies swiftly and without mercy.
Advantages: +2 dice for combat and illusion spells. Scorpion magicians can milk venom from ordinary and Awakened scorpions, and receive a +6 modifier when resisting scorpion venom.
Disadvantages: -1 die for all Conjuring Tests
>>
>>49674338
Hey, just out of curiosity, what's your stance on potentially adding homebrew content to Chummer if it's decent?
>>
>>49674402
Uhhh, I won't really support stuff that requires additional code unless it's easy to implement or I'm bored of staring at the code for AIs in dull horror, but you're always able to add your own custom entries using custom XML files. What've you got in mind?
>>
>>49674338
Incidentally, someone did the old mentor spirits for Chummer if you're interested.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17445.15
>>
>>49674461
No idea, really. I was just sorta curious.

What's wrong with AIs?
>>
File: 4265456_p0.jpg (313KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4265456_p0.jpg
313KB, 1200x1200px
>>49675213

They have a very 'unique' set of rules for character generation. I assume the code to handle it isn't very pretty.
>>
File: smartvest, smartpouch, smartbra.png (110KB, 569x768px) Image search: [Google]
smartvest, smartpouch, smartbra.png
110KB, 569x768px
>>49674338
Poison is a nice theme but it's really edge case.

Maybe something like this for 5e:

Scorpion is a consummate killer that knows no pride, wrath, or bloodlust. Mighty warriors and lowly vermin alike fall prey to Scorpion's touch of death. He exists to remind us that death can come from the shadows or hide in plain sight, but always swiftly and without mercy.
Advantage: +2 to one Stealth skill
Magician: +2 Combat Spells
Adept: 1 free level of Critical Strike
Disadvantage: CHA+WIL (3) to use less-lethal options, such as spells or powers that deal Stun DV.
>>
>>49675213
>What's wrong with AIs?
They're terrible to play and worse to chargen.
>>
File: 1405845719731.jpg (220KB, 600x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1405845719731.jpg
220KB, 600x1037px
>>49675488
I think I meant to put Killing Hands in there instead, but you get the gist.
>>
>>49675488
Here's a description of Scorpion I found. I think it's a homebrew for the most part though.

>Scorpion is not something to fuck with. It's vindictive and vengeful. Scorpion keeps a scorecard and is very meticulous in tracking down and getting revenge on everyone who has pissed it off. Scorpion, like Spider, is not quite a true insect totem, but it's certainly close. Scorpion shamans are usually psychotic, homicidal, and paranoid. In much the same way as a real scorpion will hide in your shoe, the Scorpion shaman will hide in your home, or car, or other place that you normally consider secure. Then, POW! The stinger cuts you in half.

>Scorpion is solitary and anti-social. Hang around with a Scorpion shaman for long and sooner or later you'll end up on his black list. Also, Scorpion has the same danger as insect totems-- eventually, it will possess its shaman and convert him into a flesh form spirit. THEN you've got a problem-- the magical equivalent of a cyberpsycho warborg; a psychotic armor-plated alien monster with pincers and stinger.
>>
>>49675677
Yeah that sounds very different from the ones higher up are.

And not really a mentor spirit anyone would take.
>>
>>49675677
>Scorpion, like Spider, is not quite a true insect totem, but it's certainly close.
MUH LORE

MUH INVAE
>>
>>49675718
I mean, about as reasonable as anyone picking any Insect Spirit. That said, I'd probably defer to >>49675488 It's less terrible and has decent rules.
>>
>>49675739
Nah insects spirits promise eternal power and the like because as insect spirits they will give you a armor.

This one just....

"Hey if you let me in i'll give you rabies. Come on, you know you want them."
>>
>>49675756
I feel like it probably preys on people who have been wronged or are just hateful in general. "If you let me in, I can make you able to kill everyone you ever wanted to."
>>
>>49675756
*Army fuckin a i suck.
>>
>>49675772
Eh, so many things offer that. What makes Scorpian special?

I could join aztechnology on that.
>>
>>49675213
Short version is that the priority build form was coded with the expectation that we know what the gameplay options are going to be. Prime Runner gives more resources for Priority A than Street Scum does, for example. unfortunately, AI have their own priority table. There's no easy way for me to swap between those tables while in the metatype selection form without doing a lot of XML shenanigans I'd rather avoid.

Still, at least it's not drakes.
>>
>>49675815
Sick ass claws and poison tail?
>>
>>49675949
So, nothing I can't get from SURGE? Fuck off.
>>
>>49675970
I mean, your average person can't just go get some SURGE.

They're basically the school shooter version of Insect Spirits. Also, I imagine that like Spider Spirits they actively hunt regular insect spirits. So maybe they're like Ghost Rider.
>>
>>49673411

It's a grabbag.

Just like the mafia all have different families and there isnt just one guy who is clearly the king of all italian crime, the Yaks have diffferent leaders and bosses.

Some crime lords work with MCT, some don't and these two will kill each other without much sleep lost.

But MCT still frequently use the Yaks to do dirty work that they dont want to bother with runners for, and Yaks still use MCT to launder their bunraku money.
>>
>>49675949
>I could join aztechnology for that.

The main issue is its just so "Insect spirit but not" rather then just "mentor spirit".

Hence why i prefer the other one, which is "Scorpions are emotionaless bastards who like stabbing things in the soft not yet stabbed parts." Its a normal mentor spirit that just advocates being a douche.
>>
>>49676087
Fair enough. I prefer it that way too, plus it's more in line with how Spider is in fluff. I was just defending the potential for them as insect spirits.
>>
>>49673456
So the link to chummer5e is dead. does anyone have a good link?
>>
>>49676132
Que?
>>
>>49676103
Oh they could work as insect spirits no doubt, its just these arent insect spirits they are Insect spirISH and thats where the problem lies.

You dont ISH you go full or dont go at all.
>>
I'm jumping back into the 6th world this weekend. I'm insanely excited.
>>
>>49676693
What's your character and what's the campaign?
>>
>>49676188
Hey Yekka, The karma costs form metavariants still seem to be missing from chummer 5, I've also noticed that if you make a character with cyberlimbs once you close it and reopen it, chummer starts ignoring the limbs stats for averaging. Oh and if you make a vapire who's not inherently a magic user, it doesn't seem to give them a magic stat.
>>
>>49675909
The advantage of drakes is that with the current rules no-one in their right mind will ever play one.
>>
>>49676707
And why is it a ex yakuza named Yakety Sax?
>>
>>49676707
I'm the GM. My players include a smooth talking Mitsuhama LimSINner Rigger. He's left for Seattle with a Razorgirl Bouncer who got in as good as a Troll is going to with the Yakuza. They are joined by a prickly but brilliant Salish-Shidhe Technomancer.
>>
>>49677049
They fight crime?
>>
>>49677168
The Rigger/Razorgirl combo has caught the eye of a Johnson for Ipsissimus. They're just ignorant enough about magic to be useful to her. The Technomancer is just looking to make ends meet in the big bad city and gets caught up in the chaos. Crime can fight itself, these three need to stop being poor first.
>>
File: 1380173503188.jpg (212KB, 600x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1380173503188.jpg
212KB, 600x1051px
>>49677324
Razorgirl's your standard cybermelee, or what?
>>
So on the Dodge Goliath when the FlasShields are locked in place does they add their armor bonus to the van ?
>>
File: 1471375318645.jpg (52KB, 564x899px) Image search: [Google]
1471375318645.jpg
52KB, 564x899px
Is it alright to ask for art here? I need shotguns and axes specifically.
>>
>>49676868
I thought I was safe leaving AIs and Infected half done but no, people had to want to be snowflakes
>>
I want to make a pyromaniac mage for my next character once this one dies and retires, does anyone have some good fire puns?
(He has a little notebook he carries around filled with fire puns and half the reason he has a flamethrower is so he can get a chance to use them.)
>>
So I'm creating a character for my first time.playing shadowrun. We are playing the most recent edition (5e?). Is there some kind of power armour equivalent I could get for my character in some splat book? Or are adept and cyborg the only good ways to play a combat focussed character?
>>
>>49678434
>power armor
You can either wear milspec from Run & Gun or jack up a small car with Rigger Cocoon and Walker Mode from Rigger 5.0

Cyborgs are something else entirely, though. You can do a lot with a single amped-up cyberarm, though.
>>
>>49678239
Now you know better.
>>
>>49678239
I mean, this is Shadowrun. As much as people like to be hardcore criminals or operators operating operationally, it's the type of setting seemingly designed for attracting snowflakes.
>>
File: amish_go-gang.jpg (93KB, 702x480px) Image search: [Google]
amish_go-gang.jpg
93KB, 702x480px
Any word on the Amish in Shadowrun? I'm sure they're still around, but I'd love to hear how they dealt with the coming of the 6th world. Paracritters must have been a huge problem for them what with them being out in rural areas, and especially considering how pacifist they are (maybe some would hire runners to deal with them?). Wonder how they'd view one of their own being awakened.
>>
File: 1467109441278.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467109441278.gif
1MB, 640x360px
Oi, chummer! That's right, you right there.

I'm planning on building a free, web-based, online Shadowrun 5th Edition (SR5) character database, that uses Chummer5a character files.

Why?
>To give new players more reference points, beyond the archetypes mentioned in the SR5 core rulebook.
>To have a wider array of unique allies and enemies, while also demanding less time and effort from the Game Master (GM).
>To provide parties a centralized backup/recovery tool for their characters.

I've been thinking about this for a few days and would appreciate criticism and feedback.
I am not discussing any technical details right now -- I'll be creating a github project soon(tm).

Here's a few low-fidelity mockups of what I'm envisioning.
>>
File: account.png (47KB, 840x640px) Image search: [Google]
account.png
47KB, 840x640px
>>49678590
You sign up for an account,and once you log in, you can start uploading your SINners (Chummer5a character files).

The idea is that, as a manager of several shadowrunners, you are a Fixer.

A single Fixer may have several SINners.
A single SINner may have a single Fixer.
>>
File: sinner.png (65KB, 867x640px) Image search: [Google]
sinner.png
65KB, 867x640px
>>49678601
Once you upload a SINner, you type out some of its info (or perhaps the server itself could open up the character files. They're simple XML files -- easy to parse) to facilitate searching, and you click on 'Save SINner.'

From now on, anyone can look up and download the SINner's character sheet, and use it in their adventures.

What happens if a GM is not looking for a single Runner, though, but instead for a gang? A corporate security squad? That's where crews come in.
>>
>>49678578
Amish are actually very pragmatic and have an ethical guide toward adding technology and other things to their community. One group forbade central air conditioning because having a fireplace forces the family to come together into the same room and actually spend time with each other instead of isolating themselves.

I imagine they'd be the same way with magic, taking very careful measures as to what spells, rituals, and abilities are useful and in line with their beliefs. They could easily have their own tradition, though that brings to question what happens to Awakened youth who decide to leave the community after their Rumspringa...
>>
File: crew.png (43KB, 840x640px) Image search: [Google]
crew.png
43KB, 840x640px
>>49678614

Crews serve as a shortcut to downloading several SINners at once. A Crew is a list of SINners that are associated somehow. A Crew can be a family, you and your friends' party, a street gang, a corporation -- anything.

A Crew may have several SINners.
A SINner may be in several Crews.

I haven't worked on a "Search page" mockup yet, but I imagine it being not too complicated. You type out several tags, and the website returns a list of SINners that are associated wit those tags.
>(I failed to mention that when you upload your SINner, you may tag it as you wish, to make it easier to find).

That's about it for now. Questions, comments, suggestions, and salty drek are all welcome.
>>
>>49678601
Yeah, but not all runners are SINners (although I imagine the labels, like the art, is placeholders)

I like the idea of having a graphical interface and an indexed repository, though. This might work better for bundling NPC sheets.
>>
>>49678660
>Yeah, but not all runners are SINners
Correct. I didn't want to call them Chummers because of Chummer5.
Maybe calling them 'Runners' would've been better in restrospect, but I enjoyed the idea of calling them 'SINners' because you'd be looking at a database of 'em, right?

>I imagine the labels, like the art, is placeholders
Everything is placeholder. Everything is subject to change. Nothing is written in stone.

>This might work better for bundling NPC sheets.
I guess that would be one of the main use cases.
However, having an online backup of your own party's characters is also really useful -- 2 buddies had their laptops stolen earlier this week, and while we do have the PDFs of their characters, the source material is gone. That's actually what sparked the idea of having a database of chummers/runners/sinners.
>>
>>49678462
Milspec in 5thed is not really practical for players, it lacks the options from 4ed that allowed you to get around, especially with the nerfing of the restricted gear quality in 5e. And it now has that restrictive trait that makes it too awkward to be worth it.
>>
>>49678686
Personally speaking, I'd doll it up as a KE/Lone Star suspect list, call 'em case files or something. Sort of like the Payday stuff: http://fbi.overkillsoftware.com

Let me know if you set up an API for it, I'd love to get away from supporting Omae in favour of something that's actually active.
>>
File: pc_orkfemale_03_brutal.png (88KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
pc_orkfemale_03_brutal.png
88KB, 212x278px
>>49678783
> I'd doll it up as a KE/Lone Star suspect list, call 'em case files or something
That actually sounds *very* neat.

>Let me know if you set up an API for it
Sure -- why not?
What kind of data would you want from the API?
>>
>>49678816
Hrm. At a minimum I'd like to be able to upload a file directly from Chummer, so I'd probably need to be able to pass through an oAuth token or whatever, unless you do anonymous logins. Rest of it would be more or less up to whatever you're comfortable with really. Omae's list of characters embedded into the application was neat, but it's hardly necessary. I can easily just add a link button that opens the page.
>>
>>49678263
chummer, do you mean pyromaniac as in:
>I'll burn down obstructions and use the fire as distraction/a way to keep them behind cover
or
>News report: "Pyromaniac burned down office of [Corp], 94 dead, many injured"
Because let me tell you
that second one?
You're going to have a BAD time

>captcha: church coal point
see! even captcha warns you
>>
As a face mage should I get increase attribute (CHA) to boost my negotiation ability during meetings? Or is that just too specific a purpose to waste a spell slot on?
>>
>>49679531
You're also going to have a -2 sustaining penalty without a sustaining focus or spirit to hold it for you. So no, don't do that.

Using spells is a great way to paint a target on yourself if you use it in conversation. You might get away with Influence. Fashion is nice and innocent as well as useful.
>>
>>49679558

Alright then one last question, how would you resist tailored pheromones if you encountered them? noseplugs?
>>
>>49679585
unless you've seen a cybernose somewhere, yeah
>>
>>49679585
Maybe a breathing filter?
>>
>>49679585
You might be able to argue for using the antidote or detox spells to resist the effects, but that's iffy.
>>
>>49679585
Oh maybe the oxygenate spells as well
>>
>>49679585
now that I think about it:
wouldn't a internal air tank help?
You would just fill it before the meet and only exhale using the air in it
since you technically don't ever inhale the pheromones you should be safe
>>
>>49679474
I mean pyromaniac as in setting lots of things on fire, yes.
Don't worry, the demolitions skill is only for special occasions.
>>
I'm designing a run right now, how should I arm corporate security in terms of "brand-corp loyalty"?
Target is Wuxing, they don't really have any weapon production subsidiaries. Closest guess would be Evo, but I can't find any Evo guns either (in 5e at least), however Evo may have access to some Russian-produced weapons, but that feels off somehow.
Japanacorps is a no-no - they are enemies of PPG, so even in incestuous environment of corporate politics they won't sell much to each other. On the opposite, I expect trade wars, import barriers ans so on, so forth.

Something neutral then? Ares? HK?
>>
>>49680280
They still saturate the air, and will find their way into your nostrils. Doesn't matter whether they end up in your lungs. Block your mouth / nose.
>>
>>49680590
Just take other guns and rebrand them
>>
>>49675909
What's wrong with Drakes?
>>
>>49680590
>Target is Wuxing, they don't really have any weapon production subsidiaries
Every MC has weapon manufacturing subsidiaries. Every MC has everything, multinationally, which is part of the reason they're not some random B grade corp.

>“We’re behind everything you do.”
Come up with names for any of the A & AA rated corporations using Wuxing shipping or permanently repaying loans to Wuxing financial, and use their gear.
>>
File: tumblr_oaw4wyY43t1qm1bz4o1_1280.jpg (314KB, 1280x1672px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaw4wyY43t1qm1bz4o1_1280.jpg
314KB, 1280x1672px
>>49680671
Mechanically not much, Chummer just doesn't support the gradual unlocking of their abilities or paying for part of their unlock costs. There's no simple way to implement that with existing code, so I'd have to build something up from scratch.

Also they should absolutely not be a player-selectable metatype.
>>
>>49680784
Do it as critter powers?
>>
>>49680671
In short? Everything.
>>
>>49680840
It's not really the UI end of it that's a problem, I've got that squirreled away already. It's more stuff like their attribute bonuses while in drake form gradually increase (Chummer doesn't play nice with concatenating bonuses from the same source, so in the best case you'd wind up with STR 4 ((Drake Form +1) (Drake Form +1) (Drake Form +1)) or something on your tooltip, which offends me greatly. There are also some issues between latent metamorphosis and just paying for part of being a drake that would probably need separate implementations.

Moral of the story, Priority-gen and life modules make my life hard and can eat a variety of dicks.
>>
>>49678622
>They could easily have their own tradition, though that brings to question what happens to Awakened youth who decide to leave the community after their Rumspringa...
>>
>>49678601
Omae you got it backwards.
SINners are the ones with the chips, us chummers in the slums are the SINless.
>>
I've been thinking of ways to homebrew Alchemy to make it more valuable as a skill, 5e.

I have my own little houserules/homebrews, but I was thinking of how to add potions into the system because potions, fuck yeah. I decided that a great way would be to utilize the custom drug rules from Chrome Flesh with alternate creation rules and stronger addictions. Good concept/bad concept?

(You probably won't need to shoot up your magic potion, just drink it)
>>
>>49679585
Hate I think.
>>
>>49681204
Potions already exist, in the form of alchemical preparations.

If you want drugs in a potion vial, though, just put drugs in a potion vial. There's literally magical, Awakened drugs and everything. Drugs aren't something that're strictly mundane.
>>
Am... I missing something, or does the BMW Luxus have a Concealed, Heavy, Remote, Turret weapon mount, a shitload of other enhancements, and... magically still maintain a perfectly fine legality/availability? It's got a fucking 24F Minigun standard.
>>
>>49681704
There's plenty of things that have normally-illegal items included in them, but count as legal when in that item specifically. A Steel Lynx has a heavy weapon mount standard despite weapon mounts being Forbidden, the Sleeping Tiger suit comes equipped with Ruthenium Polymer Fibers, and so forth. If you bolt that shit onto an existing drone aftermarket-style, it's illegal, but if it comes equipped with it standard, presumably the manufacturer paid the right legislative bribes to get it exempted from the law.
>>
>>49681704
>laws
>applying to megacorps
Don't be naive, friendo
>>
File: 1471225274466.png (865KB, 859x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1471225274466.png
865KB, 859x1214px
>>49675756
>"Hey if you let me in i'll give you rabies. Come on, you know you want them."

Nah, he promises not to give you rabies. C'mon, let him climb on your back.
>>
File: 1459263607625.jpg (267KB, 1000x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1459263607625.jpg
267KB, 1000x1067px
>>49675909
Are those XML shenanigans the same things holding back shapeshifters from Chummer? The two linked Attribute tables probably require some wiggling, and more wiggling to disconnect them after chargen.
>>
File: Shotgun.jpg (56KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun.jpg
56KB, 620x465px
>>49678205
>>
File: 1442230611890.jpg (313KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1442230611890.jpg
313KB, 900x675px
>>49678205
>>
Magician, Adept, Mysad, and Techno are all not technically qualities.

RAW: Do they cost double to buy after chargen, and can you actually take them at all after chargen if they're not actually qualities?
>>
>>49682482
You can't take them after chargen
>>
>>49682482
By RAW, you can't take them after chargen at all. You're in full-on GM fiat territory - you'd have to ask for houserules.
>>
>>49682501
Amazing.

>>49682516
Good thing I'm the GM, then.
>>
File: 1442030329410.jpg (110KB, 736x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1442030329410.jpg
110KB, 736x1011px
>>49682524
There used to be a quality called Latent Awakening, I'm sure someone ported it over to 5e.
>>
>>49682545
Yeah, it got mentioned when we were trying to figure stuff out, realized it's not actually in 5e yet. Thanks for the help, just wanted to be sure we understood the actual RAW correctly.
>>
>>49682524
>Good thing I'm the GM, then.
Rad.

Keep in mind, though, that regardless of how you choose to handle it, people start at Magic 1 and with all magical skills at 0 after Awakening. They'll still have to buy it up with karma, the same way that a mage with Agility 1 and no combat skills needs to pay a bunch of karma to get good at shooting people.
>>
>>49682566
Yeah, fair point. Probably overkill to double the cost of Awakening, then. Especially given the downtime needed for that.
>>
Alright, I have a question here.

For the purposes of this example, you're an unnamed, unidentified character with, say, 2.3 Essence taken up by 'ware.

You awaken, through whatever the hell method it happens through.

What is your magic?
>>
File: Amazonia Elves.jpg (201KB, 1005x654px) Image search: [Google]
Amazonia Elves.jpg
201KB, 1005x654px
>>49682682
You Awaken with 1 Mag. Your Natural Maximum is 3.
>>
>>49682682
>>
>>49682682
You Awaken with 1 Magic. Your natural maximum is 3. You can still Initiate as normal, to keep grinding it higher and higher.

In the same way that being an ork or a troll doesn't do shit to your baseline Charisma, just gives you a lower maximum, having a bunch of 'ware won't do shit about the baseline Magic either.
>>
>>49682699
Your Essence loss doesn't reduce it?

Unrelatedly, is there any way for a mundane or 'ware based character to see spirits at all, aside from getting high off Deepweed?
>>
>>49682732
If you lose Essence after you Awaken, sure, it'll reduce your current magic. But having lost Essence before Awakening just reduces your maximum.
>>
File: Cyberarm.jpg (120KB, 900x499px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberarm.jpg
120KB, 900x499px
>>49682732
>Your Essence loss doesn't reduce it?
No. Essence loss reduces the maximum Magic you can have, down to 0. If you Awaken with cyberware already installed (don't know if that's canonically possible, but whatever), you start at 1 the same as every other newly awakened character. You can get up to 3 Mag naturally, more if you initiate.

>Unrelatedly, is there any way for a mundane or 'ware based character to see spirits at all, aside from getting high off Deepweed?
When the spirit manifests. Or astral powder.
>>
>>49682770
>(don't know if that's canonically possible, but whatever)
It is, it's just way rarer, but also a great explanation for why your mage has 'ware.

>>49682732
>Your Essence loss doesn't reduce it?
Losing Essence only reduces your Magic if you already have Magic. If you already have it, though, it just reduces your maximum.

>Unrelatedly, is there any way for a mundane or 'ware based character to see spirits at all, aside from getting high off Deepweed?
Only if they materialize. Astral shit is Awakened-only.
>>
>>49682732
I think if you are inside/near some astral rifts you can start to astraly perceive
>>
>>49682732

There is the Astral Sight quality in 4e Street Magic. Does anyone know if that made it into 5e?
>>
>>49683071
>>49682838
>>49682770
There's not some sort of weird astral camera thing?
>>
>>49683085
https://i.gyazo.com/e8a08d542c475dbfcff534a8cc4fd460.png

Yes. It's called the Astral Perception Adept power.
>>
File: Astral Perception.jpg (78KB, 780x584px) Image search: [Google]
Astral Perception.jpg
78KB, 780x584px
>>49683103
There is, but it's debatable whether the picture at the end can be viewed properly by mundanes. Also, it takes like 10 minutes to develop one picture, and it's easy to ruin.

If there was just a regular camera that could see into the astral, the whole world would be a very different place.
>>
>>49683103
>There's not some sort of weird astral camera thing?
The closest that have to that requires 30 minutes to take a single, still picture of the Astral, like an oldtimey camera.
>>
>>49683103
Yes, but it's not an electronic camera, or even a instamatic. It's a fucking daguerreotype.
>>
>>49682732
>Deepweed?
Deepweed forces any magically
active user to astrally perceive, even if the user is an adept
without the astral perception ability.

It doesn't affect mundanes
>>
File: Amazonia Attack.jpg (729KB, 1210x786px) Image search: [Google]
Amazonia Attack.jpg
729KB, 1210x786px
>>49683299
He was probably thinking of tempo.
>>
>>49683327
What the heck is Tempo?
>>
I wish there was more info on politics in amazonia, given that it's basically the only country whose government actually matters on a global scale.
Does Hualpa make public appearances?
Does he give speeches?
Do they give the speeches subtitles when televised, or do they have someone speak for him?
Do Hualpa and his buddies have official titles? Like, is Hualpa officially named as president for life? Was Sirrurg the minister of defense or something?
Are all the high up government officials dragons? (Not greats, just normal dragons.) I don't know why, but I love the idea of the minister of education having a name like L'nwyr the undying.
>>
File: 1460559565480.jpg (496KB, 1000x803px) Image search: [Google]
1460559565480.jpg
496KB, 1000x803px
>>49683529
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shadowrun+tempo
>>
>>49683147

An Adept power is a little different from a CharGen quality designed for Mundanes...
>>
>>49683543
>given that it's basically the only country whose government actually matters on a global scale.

>poor shitty treehuggers who refuse to exploit their resources, who barely won a guerrilla campaign in a rainforest with the covert backing of at least one AAA corp

>more important than Japan, whose imperial family influences three different megacorps, or the UCAS who is less overbearing than 2016 America but still an important force

Nobody dominates the world, but many matter on a global scale. Now that the Az-Am war is over and Sirrurg is in jail, Amazonia is not one of them.
>>
>>49683639
>Designed for mundanes
Nigga
Read the fucking page
It literally says Awakened characters only can take them
>>
File: astralsight4e.png (185KB, 568x561px) Image search: [Google]
astralsight4e.png
185KB, 568x561px
>>49683775

Um, look again man... the Astral Sight Quality is specifically for Mundanes, and can't be taken by anyone with any of the magic qualities, since they have access to the skills through other means.
>>
>>49678650

Is there any sort of legality checking?
>>
>>49683892
https://i.gyazo.com/e8a08d542c475dbfcff534a8cc4fd460.png

Literally look at the image.

>Listed below are qualities for AWAKENED CHARACTERS

>The following positive qualities are available to AWAKENED CHARACTERS
>>
>>49683940
>"unless otherwise specified"
Reading comprehension, retard.
>>
>>49683940
It takes a special kind of stupid to think there would be a quality that disallows absolutely anyone from taking it.
>>
>>49683940

Okay... did you actually read the bit I underlined in Red?

Lets try that again. Street magic has Qualities for the Awakened. You have to be awakened to take them... Unless the Quality itself states otherwise. (That's the first underlined bit)

The Quality Astral Sight cannot be taken if you have the Adept, Latent Awakening, Magician, Mystic Adept, or Technomancer qualities (IE, you are Awakened).

Therefore, Astral Sight is for Mundanes.
>>
>>49684089
It literally says Mundane Characters on the first line, too
>>
File: astralsight4etake2.png (146KB, 375x657px) Image search: [Google]
astralsight4etake2.png
146KB, 375x657px
>>49684089

Fuck... forgot pic.
>>
>>49683720
>japan is still important
True, wasn't thinking about them. Yeah, Japan still matters.
>MURRICA
the entire point of balkanizing the US is to make it not important anymore.
>don't use their resources
While I realize that shadows of latin america isn't cannon, did you read the section on the rain forest? They can't use any of the resources in the rain forest. Like, at all. It's a horrible place filled with paracritters, army ant insect spirits, and the occasional giant man eating plant.
>they were backed by Horizon and still lost to the Azzies.
And? Horizon is the shittiest AAA corp, as far as capabilities go. Meanwhile, the Azzies were backed (well, run) by a much bigger and more important AAA.
>they don't matter now that Sirrug is gone
You do realize Amazonia has multiple great dragons, right? There's Sirrug, Hualpa, and also a mystery one who has never been named.
>>
Huh.

So, I'm not 100% sure here, but I'm decently confident on this.

Be a Dwarf. Get infected by Strain I. Become a Goblin. Select Immunity: Fire. Gain Hardened Armor against Fire equal to 2x Essence. Essence Drain your way up to 12 Essence. You now have 24 Hardened Armor against Fire.

Be a Magician or Mystic Adept. Take Elemental Focus: Fire. Fling fire spells to your hearts content, with your Drain all counting as Fire damage, which your Hardened Armor just eats.

Does your soul burn strong enough to overcome even the hottest fires, anon? Because a Goblin's can.
>>
/srg/, you're my only hope! The group captured an enemy stabby mysad magical girl and are keeping her in plastic cuffs.

What kind of shenanigans could she get up to as a mysad focused around stabbing people with a weapon foci sabre?
>>
>>49684945
Depends on her spells, did you actually plan around the fact she can still cast?
>>
>>49684945
She could maybe break free and stab people with a weapon focus sabre.
>>
>>49684968
I was thinking of what might be fun spells to start throwing around in the back of a moving van. Also, they're bringing a dozen other folks in too who are allied with her, similarly tied up.
>>
>>49685007
The Orgasm spell was renamed Euphoria for 5e
>>
Anyone have any ideas as to what a bioware-using non-Awakened character can excel at that won't just get blown out of the water by an equivalent adept or mage build?

I'm still pretty new at 5e, but the more I poke at it, the more it feels like street sams/gunbunnies/faces don't benefit nearly as much from going full bioware as going either full cyber (street sam to tank rockets to the face or someone having a ton of r6 skills on demand via skillwires comes to mind) or adept, especially given Prototype Transhuman.
>>
>>49685007
Someone has, with a force 9 orgasm spell, knocked a driver out causing the truck to ram into a gas station and become a sacrifice worthy of khorne.

So do that.
>>
One of my players wants me to approve a bit of an unusual character.

Namely, he got Immunity (fire), 12 Essence, and Elemental Focus (fire) as per >>49684557 to essentially allow him to sling his combat spells around for free.

He argues that an AR would accomplish the same, and he could negate drain just by initiating and getting a Centering focus. I'm not too convinced, since even if that's true he's getting the benefits of AR and initiation+a Centering focus all at once for free. Plus a load of other good stuff.

Is this actually reasonable or not?
>>
>>49684557
I put together a test character for it.

I'm interested in giving it a shot in a game, but the GM's somewhat unsure of it. He'll probably post around the same time as this with questions of his own, but I'm tossing the build up so it's there as a reference/review thing. If there's any questions, I can try and answer.
>>
>>49685084
Yeah, Bioware is just kind of shit, mostly there to let awakened folks get their upgrades without sinking their magic score

One thing you can excel at is knowledge tests. Cerebral boosters to bring up your logic and mnemonic enhancers to get bonuses to knowledge skills. It's an underappreciated role, but not just by players. Whether it'll actually help bridge the gap in effectiveness is hard to say in most campaigns.

Bioware is too expensive at chargen to allow for decking, because decks have obnoxiously high prices.

4e had the right of it, making it accessible, in my opinion. Decking as an archetype is trash.
>>
>>49685123
To be specific, an Assault Rifle would output around ~11P or so, with somewhere around -2 to maybe -8 AP. Full Auto, Called Shots, and other benefits may apply, depending.

In the case of this build, it'll leave a fucking HUGE Astral Signature that's going to take a very long time to scrub out, and if failed to scrub is going to light up the fucking night pointing to the character in question. As in F12 Astral Sig with double duration, and it's easier for people to Assense it.

It's... probably roughly comparable to someone on the team having a Gauss Rifle or a Minigun. Yeah, it's there, but it's not regularly usable because it's loud, flashy, and very noticeable, and likely to bring the hammer down on your ass unless you're careful.
>>
File: 1459262808384.jpg (69KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1459262808384.jpg
69KB, 540x540px
>>49684160
>the entire point of balkanizing the US is to make it not important anymore.

It's not the only superpower in the world anymore, but it's still a powerful nation. 2 megas headquartered within their borders, globally important cities like Seattle and New York City, etc. Saying that they aren't important, or less important than isolationist Brazil, is dumb.

>They can't use any of the resources in the rain forest

So they go from, "NEETs who don't use their resources on principle" to "NEETs who don't have use natural resources." Still poorfags, still idiots who have the biggest city on the planet and all that manpower is squandered because racism.

>And? Horizon is the shittiest AAA corp, as far as capabilities go. Meanwhile, the Azzies were backed (well, run) by a much bigger and more important AAA.

That doesn't support the argument that Amazonia is any good, anon. The treehuggers lost the PR war, they lost territory, and they lost a great dragon. Aztlan suffered in that war as well, true, but a Pyrrhic victory is better than no victory at all.

>You do realize Amazonia has multiple great dragons, right?
Who are not global players. Sirrurg was the closest thing to that, because he took his terrorism far afield. Hualpa is content to play Captain Planet in South America, and the other feathered serpent doesn't have a visible global agenda or history of global interference. If they ever reveal what it is and what it's been doing, maybe, but for now there's no evidence other than "great dragon, probably doing something." The dragons of Amazonia aren't global players (especially now that the most high-profile and active member is in Scale Jail), in the same way that the dragons and free spirits around Kilimanjaro aren't.

Amazonia is not a global power, and it's absolutely in no sense of the word the only national government of global weight. It's a regional power at best, second to Aztlan in their theatre.
>>
My runners just stuck this guy who was bitten by a ghoul in a truck full of captured people. How fast does it take for ghoulification to set in?
>>
>>49685680
RTFB
>>
>>49685680
Read the fucking books.

You make 10 resistance tests, with an interval of 12 hours. That guy's not going ghoul for at least 5 days, if at all. It has a power of 6. Even if it isn't reduced to 0 at the end of the 10 tests, it takes another 10-Body days to become a ghoul.
>>
File: srun anarchist.png (75KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
srun anarchist.png
75KB, 680x433px
Played Shadowrun Anarchy the other day using the Cue system.

It was pretty fun, and easy to GM.

Still mad at the editing quality of the current release, but I'm sure they did it intentionally to let the nerds proofread.
>>
>>49685680
If he told them, they're more likely to kill the one guy than to stay in there for more than half a week for it to set in
>>
>>49681204
>(You probably won't need to shoot up your magic potion, just drink it)

Got me thinking of Guilded Age's potions, fantasy setting where they acutally inject potions with needles fuck yeah.

So why not? It feels kinda cyberpunky to inject potions
>>
>>49685790
>>49685731
Cheers! There may or may not be an outbreak amongst the yakuza due to the bite because of this, which might be fun.
>>
>>49685768
>probably azzie
don't know why I laughed
>>
>>49685731
>That guy's not going ghoul for at least 5 days, if at all. It has a power of 6.
Each time. Plus any remaining power from the previous disease resistance test(s).
>>
>>49686026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
Goddamnit, Yekka. The Goblin critter powers are just the fucking Gnawer powers. Go fix that shit, man.
>>
>>49685084
Bioware is super fucking important for cramming stat boosts (muscle toner, mental stats) and utilities (nephritic screen, pain editor, platelet factories, tailored pheromones) without totally demolishing your essence. Plus, it doesn't flag on scanners and isn't usually externally visible.

It has its own niche, and anyone who says otherwise is retarded.
>>
>>49687232
Full cyber is a awful idea for a face, uncanny valley is a thing.
>>
>>49682120
Not exactly, but kinda. Shifters essentially need another attribute panel. The problem is that the current attribute panel is VERY hard coded, and has a lot of form logic built into it. So when I finally get around to making that into a generic control, shapeshifters should be a snap.
>>49684557
Drain doesn't benefit from armour.
>>49686934
Hrm, so it is. Whups.
>>
>>49687473
>Not being a chromed out, stylish as all hell, face
Step up
>>
>>49687499
You're right, if it was normal drain. Elemental Focus turns it into the elemental damage of whatever type. You have Hardened Armor against said element naturally, so it'd do it's normal thing.
>>
>>49687232
I mean, that's true, but there's no archetype that absolutely requires it. Cyberware is cheaper and sometimes more effective
>>
>>49687473
Your essence defines your social limit, so it depends on the cyberware vs the bioware. If you're taking 3 essence worth of bioware you're on the same boat.
>>
>>49687531
Why would it convert a Drain test into a Damage Resistance test?
>>
>>49687520
Thing is, its explicetly stated that at some point a chromed person ends up looking like a fancy animatronic rather then a "person" and your social limits go dooooooown.

>>49687590
But 3 essence of bioware is a lot more ware, especially since one of those is tailored pheremones.
>>
>>49687638
It's also a lot more money, and the limit reduction stays the same.

Honestly, the system is trash. Uncanny valley is a 5th world concept. In the 6th world you're going to find people that don't want anything to do with you if you've got more skin than chrome, and the system makes that impossible in its attempts at simulating things.

Social stuff is always going to need to be loose, because about tastes there's nothing written
>>
>>49687622
This is pretty simple, Yekka.

You have Elemental Focus: Fire.

You're a Goblin. You took Immunity: Fire.

You have Hardened Armor equal to Essence x2.

If, say, essence is 6, then you have Hardened Armor 12 against fire.

You cast a Fire spell. You roll your normal Drain resistance test. You have, say, two drain left over.

Elemental Focus makes that drain Fire damage.

You take two Fire damage. Well, you're supposed to. You don't, because it runs into the fact that you can't burn, and it isn't strong enough to bypass the armor.
>>
>>49687716
Drain doesn't need to bypass armor because armor does not apply to drain in the first place. It's pretty simple, you fucking retard.
>>
>>49687908
Yes, because armor is, typically, something that's worn.

Not, y'know, innate resistance against a particular effect.

Which Elemental Focus turns your drain into.

You fucking sped.
>>
>>49687927

So trolls get their innate armour vs drain?
>>
>>49687716
I'll type slowly for you.

You... resist... drain... with... Willpower... and... an... attribute... specified... by... your... tradition. When... you... take... drain... you... roll... a... dicepool... equal... to... the... sum... of... your... Willpower... and... that... attribute. Count... the... number.. of... times... you... roll... 5... or... 6... in... that... dicepool. These... are... called... successes. Subtract... these... successes... from... the... drain. You... do... not... apply... armor... to... drain.
>>
How can I make Namefag the hacker not just a 2d clone? Besides not going technomancer which i already wasnt
>>
>>49687927
>trolls get their innate armour vs. drain
>he thinks he has room to call anyone else names
Why haven't you aborted yourself yet?
>>
>>49687936
Yes, you roll Willpower+Stat. Successes subtract from the drain.

Once that's done, you take the drain damage.

EXCEPT, Elemental Focus means that it's Fire damage. You have Immunity to Fire.

This means that when you would take Fire damage, it runs into the Immunity. If it's less than the immunity, you don't take the damage.

>>49687934
Why would a Troll get armor to Drain? This isn't normal armor, this is a specific case where being a Goblin interacts weirdly with Elemental Focus.
>>
>>49687981

Because it's not worn armour. It's innate resistance to all damage in the case of a troll.
>>
>>49687981
>This means that when you would take Fire damage, it runs into the Immunity. If it's less than the immunity, you don't take the damage.
No, actually. The remaining damage isn't resisted, because you already tried. What next, should milspec armor apply against unresisted damage from drugs crashing?
>>
>>49688001
no you nignog it's thick skin, not "resistance to all damage, somehow including drain"
>>
>>49688011
by your logic you should get to roll body to resist drain damage
>>
>>49688011

And yet somehow that DOES work for the Goblin?
>>
>>49688001
It's innate resistance to physical damage from an outside source.

Immunity to Fire is "Are you taking Fire damage? Yes? Alright, it has to go against this."
>>
>>49688040

No, it doesn't. Because you never roll armour or body vs drain. You roll willpower+drain stat.

Your resistance to fire damage doesn't matter.
>>
>>49688008
If it has a autopilot where it can move your dumb ass ragdoll.
>>
>>49688063
>Multiple defense rolls don't happen

Okay, so you don't roll Reaction+Intuition+Mods against attacks, and then soak it.
>>
>>49688088

One is to avoid it. One is to soak it.

You don't roll to soak the same bit of damage twice, which is what both drain resistance and armour would be.
>>
What is the minimum age for your characters to be before they run at your table, chummers? I'm playing a 30 year old human and it blows my mind that we have a 13 year old human and a 16 year old elf on the team. I've been playing the father figure role for the orphened 13 year old, but I'm not sure if the age to consider people adults has dropped in SR due to Orks or not, so I'm not sure if the elf would be considered adult or a little girl in the setting.
>>
>>49688142
Old enough to breed, old enough to bleed
>>
>>49688142
We have a 10 year old human girl on our team.

But generally it's 18+ unless they're an ork because faster aging
>>
>>49688142
It's relative to the race i think.

Though pretty sure child labor and soliders are a thing, if you get caught fucking a kid even cyberpunk doesnt okay that.
>>
>>49688142
I don't allow my players to play at all, really. They just add disruptive elements to the stories I'm trying to tell.
>>
>>49688189
>if you get caught fucking a kid even cyberpunk doesnt okay that
If
>>
File: 1470405912034.jpg (108KB, 811x1147px) Image search: [Google]
1470405912034.jpg
108KB, 811x1147px
Any thoughts on Anarchy chummers? I kinda like it. Couple easy tweaks and anyone who has played WoD can pick it up fast.
>>
>>49688286
piss off shill laddiwad tbqh
>>
>>49688305
>shill

When did 4chan stop being able to express they have fun with something
>>
>>49688401
When did we start?
>>
>>49688286
do we have a pdf of it up yet?
>>
>>49688286
>Any thoughts on Anarchy chummers?

It's a good idea and as someone who loves the setting but really struggles with crunch-heavy systems, I love that they tried to bring something out that appeals to me. But it feels too much like a weird mashup - most of the new systems have been lifted from Edge of the Empire and dropped right into the holes left behind after SR's crunch was cut. I wish it had the confidence to be its own thing.
>>
>>49688436
check the last thread
and the one before it
and the one before THAT
just
check the archives, okay?
>>
>>49688142
I'd love to run a street level campaign where the characters are all SINless little shits trying to make their way in the shadows to escape the crushing shittiness of redmond life
>>
>>49688487
Someone did that, it was like 10 sessions in before they got a real run and not just neighbors letting them crash at their garage if they handled some ganger fucks and shit like that.

Apperantly lot of fun but you have to cut magic's max at 4 at char gen otherwise you get hobo gods.
>>
>>49688142

16 or older, unless they're a filthy Ork. I imagine barrens kids end up with the skills needed to run quite early depending on what role they're taking.
>>
>>49688517
Yeah, maybe a better idea would be to use sum to 8 or something like that, with a priority limit for magic and resources or something, I don't know. What availability would you suggest?

Then again, I figure if you pitch it as a low-powered campaign, players will try to stick to that, if they're any good.

I've been thinking of maybe setting it right before bug city in Chicago, or right after. It's hard to pick between apocalyptic shitholes in shadowrun
>>
>>49688677
You can always do bug city NOW, its still run mostly by giant gangs you still have insect spirits that unfreeze sometimes and magic is still fubar.
>>
Why does /srg/ hate Orks so much, or is it just dank memes? I can't tell.
>>
>>49688732
As far as I can tell, dank memes
>>
>>49688732
Orks are basically black people.

So there you go.
>>
>>49688732
I adore orks. All of the metatypes, really, aside from elves.
>>
Quick, I need music for elven street sams or general combat
>>
>>49688767
Have all our experiences been so negative.
>>
>>49688915
Its more to explain the dank memes.
>>
>>49688904
>elven street sams
Okay here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA
>>
>>49688947
Alright, up until they started doing vocals, that actually wasn't that bad.
>>
>>49688938
Fair enough.
>>
>>49687590
>>49687638
Essence barely touches your social limit. The fluff is filled with possibilities and eventualities regarding what you could choose to inflict on yourself after lots of augmentation - there's no teeth to it.

If you have no mental fortitude (which is part of charisma) and no ongoing psychological support or grounding, then it's a possibility that lots of 'ware will lead you towards mental instability, possibly eventually leading to cyberpsychosis.
>>
>>49689183
To say nothing of the high-stress, high-stakes, highly-lethal career you've chosen
>>
>>49687590
your essence affects your social limit by at most 2 points it's utterly inconsequential in the face of charisma, willpower and tailored pheromones.
>>
>>49689358
And a tailored suit.
>>
Is there a 'nice' way to bind a spirit? One that won't leave the spirit world or shamans annoyed with you. Offerings you can make, demeanors you can adopt, or contexts to frame it with?
>>
>>49689400
And your tailored suit's wi-fi
>>
>>49689429
Yes.
>>
>>49689433

I wish my clothes had wi-fi..
>>
>>49689429
Yeah, devout shaman typically offer desirable materials or a service as fair exchange. It's a lot easier if you have a specific religion-based tradition to frame interactions. What kind of tradition are you using?

Typically for Possession traditions this translates into "free time" for the spirit to use your body for its own ends.
>>
>>49684101
If you want to get technical, they're correct in that it's not for mundanes. The quality gives you Magic 1, so you're techincally no longer a mundane, just the groggiest, sorriest awakened around.

>>49684557
What the others are trying to get at is that while Elemental Focus gives your drain a type, it doesn't make it into an attack or affliction, so it never interacts with the Hardened Armor that Immunity gives.

Your argument would be like getting Immunity: Rot and saying that it should work on the Nausea you're getting from eating rotten food.
>>
>>49689478
Not really. That'd be more along the lines of Immunity: Toxins. Which likely would actually apply, since it'd be toxic compounds making you sick.
>>
>>49689476
Someone plays a Voodoun
>>
>>49689643
Houngan, you mean. Or a Mambo. Vodoun is the name of the religion itself, not of a priest.
>>
>>49689433
No, you only need wireless on Ace of Coins et al to get a +1 dice pool bonus, which is pretty nice. But the +3 social limit on Ace of Coins is the default.
>>
>>49689500
But the thing is that Drain is not an attack or affliction and Elemental Focus may give Drain a type, but still doesn't make it an attack or affliction.

Just like how fatigue from an irridated environment isn't a Toxic Mage's Radiation Wave.

Actually, to get a little closer, if your GM let you take Immunity to Fatigue, he probably meant Fatigue from Running or exertion (with sleeplessness being an iffy thing) and not starvation, or bad environments even though those are all treated as fatigue damage.
>>
>>49689668
Someone plays a voodoo hoodoo woohoo
>>
>>49689798
Like, I get what people are saying, but seriously here.

You are extremely resistant to Fire.

If you are shot with a flamethrower, you will be fine.

If you are doused in gasoline and lit up, you will be fine.

But if you have Elemental Focus and cast a Fire spell, you suddenly start burning because...???
>>
>>49684557
What you really need is Immunity to GM Punching You In The Face
>>
>>49689822
Because Immunity isn't really immunity, it's just Hardened Armor. In any situation where armor is ignored entirely, so is Immunity.

That's fucking it.

You autist.
>>
>>49689843
I think he may mean fluffwise.
>>
>>49689822
Because it's magic? I mean bear in mind you can spend your entire life not being goo, but some wizard gets upset and suddenly your reinforced spine means shit?

Fucking Magic how does it work? And I don't want to talk to a hermetic those fuckers always lying and getting me pissed.
>>
Does anyone have something like a list of trivia questions based on the Shadowrun lore?
>>
>>49689822
Technically, being doused in gasoline and lit up could harm you through the immunity because it makes an environment of HOT that still hurts you if somebody can keep the heat going for that long.

Also in part because it's magical bullshit that gives you lots of resistance to fire, but lets hot water still scald you. And Drain is metaphysical strain even if you learned an esoteric technique that links you to fire such that the strain is also fire to such a degree that you end up bursting into flames because your armor+fire resistance-AP roll did so badly as to be featured in Botchamania after you whistled up a spell.

Which technically can happen with a successful fire attack that didn't harm you if the attack hit with enough successes that your Immunity bonus doesn't automatically succeed that roll.
>>
>>49689934
Make them up. Randomly pick dates and tidbits of the Dunks will.
>>
Do you think General Saito enlisted local humans to shore up his forces during the resistance against him? Seems like a smart fucking thing to do, with proper screening of course.
>>
>>49690030
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/game-resources/dunkelzahns-will/

That, correct? For the will, I mean.
>>
>>49690065
Yes, but use this one.

http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Dunk_Will.htm

It's annotated, so you have lots of stuff explained and in one place.
>>
>>49690087
Thank you.

I only asked about the trivia as it's pertinent to my coming game, and realized I don't think I know enough to properly do it. Good to know "Make shit up" remains a valid thing.
>>
>>49690052
>General Saito
>smart
>>
>>49690209

Well I mean come on the guy was a fucking general, he has to have some military strategy.
>>
>>49690227
So was Lee Oliver.
No, no he doesn't.
>>
>>49688437
It would be much better if the SR mechanical bits and the leftover Cue System mechanical bits weren't thrown haphazardly together.

Given that CGL's Shadowrun people, as a whole, don't know whether to shit or wind their watches, you get an ugly, but functional mess.
>>
>>
>>49689866
Because it's Drain, the damaging effects of trying to channel too much magic, it 's happening at an internal/aura level because you opened yourself to that power, whether or not your ass is made of asbestos doesn't matter, you can't dodge drain, you asked for it.
>>
Chummers, how/when does your character sleep

mine uses their deck as a teddy bear

don't judge that shit's valuable af
>>
>>49692101
My runner goes to bed balls-deep in the Quadraplegic Face.
>>
>>49688142
Depends on the role in the party for the elf. What do they play?
>>
>>49692101
My character tries to sleep, but due to having mild insomnia he stays up for quite long. Usually he spends his time painting, drawing or talking about things with his roommate which is a Free Spirit in form of a Greek mythology muse. They have very good relationship in form of both of them do paintings that are shown in their co-owned gallery.

Purely NPC free spirit allowed nice RP when the GM decided that she/it was kidnapped by drugging her/it with that flower. This lead into rescue mission
>>
So what are the best martial arts for a gunslinger/infiltrator adept? Think sneaky assassin.
>>
>>49692152
Explain.
>>
>>49692101

After a bottle of cheap booze and a stunbolt at the neighbours cat because it wont shut up.

He has issues alright. But then again what runner doesnt?
>>
>>49692284
Cowboy's Way or Jujutsu.
>>
>>49692285
She ain't got arms or legs so he uses her as a cocksleeve. It's a mutual arrangement.
>>
>>49692994

Am I a horrible person for laughing at this?
>>
File: m'lady.png (59KB, 346x181px) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.png
59KB, 346x181px
>>49693050
Hey, gotta get your kicks somewhere.
>>
File: AANTS.png (642KB, 583x733px) Image search: [Google]
AANTS.png
642KB, 583x733px
>>
>>49694051
what would this be? FFBS? Light Milspec? Because it definitely seems like armor, just can't see whether it's light armor or not
>>
>>49692101
Sleeping isn't the best word for it. It looks like he's trying to invent a cross between stripping and sleep-yoga using the floor and the bed as the mat
>>
File: the_hitman.jpg (281KB, 1100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
the_hitman.jpg
281KB, 1100x1000px
>>49692152
>>49692994
>detaching limbs from Face when off-duty
>using the stumped body as a sex toy
Holy shit, man, that's just wrong.
That's what Razorgirls are for.
>>
Is there a physical initiative tracker that I can order online? Preferably something magnetic?
>>
>>49694495
>physical initiative tracker
?
>>
>>49694495
You can probably just use a regular magnetic whiteboard. They come in clipboard sizes, too, and stores that sell them should have magnets as well.
>>
>>49694509
A real one. Like models for characters
>>
File: SHADOWRUN.jpg (398KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
SHADOWRUN.jpg
398KB, 550x600px
>>49694294
Would you believe me if I said it was her idea?
>>
File: shutterstock_185857703.jpg (247KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_185857703.jpg
247KB, 1200x675px
So i got some questions concerning hacking and data on devices/hosts.

1.) A data defends itself with its protection value x2. the protection value is determined by the successes of a computer*logic, where you get an average one success for 3 dice.
Meaning that data uses 2/3 of its original pool to defend itself against cracking.

Which means that data in 5E is really squishy compared to the roll you use to defend against editing.

>Data is easier to crack than it is to copy. daFuck ?

So can i do something like slaving data to a device to improve its defense ?

2.) As a GM. how do i determine the protection of data when the data is stored on a host ? Since i cant find any rules how that is handled.
>>
>>49692101
Usually by sedating himself by using [drug of the day] and parting till exhaustion.

Otherwise by preping air ducts with monofilament, setting the agent to keep an eye on the matrix for silently running icons or commlink icons that get to close to his house and setting the drone into patrol mode.
Depending on the location also by adding explosive and non explosive traps to his surroundings.

Being a PTSD driven deserter on enemy ground isn't that good for your feeling of safety.
>>
>>49692284
Anything with Kip Up. That's about it, really.
>>
>>49694167
That's what a Chameleon Suit looks like when it's not in invisibility mode.
>>
>>49693110
Source?
>>
>>49694865
>Source?
The core fucking book.
>>
>>49688983
the vocals are the best part homie
>>
>>49694865
CRB 5e page 41
>>
>>49694889
But which book is core for the fucking?
>>
>>49694630
Files are supposed to be easier to crack/ get into than the device/ host they're on.

Data in hosts is handled exactly the same.
>>
>>49694953
Rip English. Haven't gotten my caffeine yet

Files are supposed to be easier to crack, getting into the device or host they're stored on is the hard part.
>>
Would limbs that can be removed like Modular Cyberlimbs, but which can't be plugged and played like Modular Cyberlimbs, be a good quality for Omegaware? Limbs that the cops could literally disarm you of, and that a daring person could hit a release and pull them off of you while grappling.

I want to play a fetishy fuckdoll character, but don't want to take Modular Cyberlimbs, since the only thing I'd use them for is the disadvantage.
>>
>>49692101
He takes shifts with the rest of the homeless in his alleyway. When anything bad happens while hes a sleep they just turn him towards it and shake him awake enough to mummer a force 2 fireball.
>>
>>49695138
>fetishy doll
Anon, please
If you could justify why they'd need a quick release lever, that would work for my table as an Omegaware option.
>>
>>49695142
>mummer
I just learned a word today
>>
>>49695172

I meant murmur but it actually would work if it wasnt a noun.
>>
>>49695203
It's a mime, basically.

I thought you were some sorta mime tradition
>>
>>49695138
Modular cyberlimbs already exist. You get an attachment point and then buy cyberlimbs with a capacity penalty
>>
>>49695243
Nah, thats a different mage.

This one is just chaos magic.
>>
>>49695311
Wait didn't read the second part of what you said. My bad. I have no clue. You should ask your GM if they'd let you

Bonus points if you get them to agree while still calling it "a fetishy fuckdoll character".
>>
>>49695311
>Modular cyberlimbs already exist. You get an attachment point and then buy cyberlimbs with a capacity penalty
>but don't want to take Modular Cyberlimbs, since the only thing I'd use them for is the disadvantage

>>49695170
>Omegaware's faults being justifiable
>>
>>49695311
He doesn't want a removable cyber, he wants a fuckin off switch on his forehead.
>>
>>49695340
To be fair, the removable cyber is still an off-switch with a wireless connection. You're every decker's favorite razorgirl
>>
>>49695357
Nah cause removable cyberware can be USEFUL,

He wants to be a fucktoy that gets punished by the street sam for being deactivated in combat like a bad girl.
>>
File: 1411811676259.jpg (126KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1411811676259.jpg
126KB, 1000x750px
>>49695340
>He doesn't want a removable cyber, he wants a fuckin off switch on his forehead.
Nah, I still want the removable cyber because being a helpless torso without limp limbs getting in the way is my actual fetish.

>>49695406
>He wants to be a fucktoy that gets punished by the street sam for being deactivated in combat like a bad girl.
But yes.
>>
>>49695138
All cyberlimbs are removable with enough effort.
>>
Fetishes aside. It'd be kinda cool if you could remove one arm and attach it to the other to make some megazord arm weapon that would otherwise never be detected.
>>
>>49695508
>All cyberlimbs are removable with enough effort.
I want that amount of effort to be a low one. Casually easy, even, only complicated by active struggling.
>>
>>49673703
Spiders and Scorpions are fine good upstanding spirits.
Spider is actually a totem.
If you made a Scorpion totem people would probably love you hell what do you think scorpio is. You could be a shaman devoted to hunting insect spirits.
>>
>>49695508
Perhaps the same could be said of all limbs?
>>
>>49695537
Yes. Yes it could.
>>
>>49695479
see, this is fine an dandy
but if you want to make a character that won't be rejected immediately you have to answer 2 questions
>Is there an in-character reason why the character has this negative aspect? Please do not use "It's my/his/her/its fetish"
and
>Why should the team keep your character? Why don't they just ditch you for a sammie that WON'T randomly be limbless?
>>
>>49695537
Your words are as empty as your soul. Sixth world ill needs a savior such as you.
>>
Actually, this can segue into a less stupid conversation. Do you think any corps hand out cash and omegaware to street docs for research on SINless? Or would it just be easier for them to kidnap a bunch?
>>
>>49695602
It says in one of the books (I think it was Augmentation for 4e) that the corps often let such stuff "fall off a truck" into their hands, though I'd have to search for that

>captcha: motor la boutique
Do the cyberlimbs even use servos anymore? cause they'd be pretty slow
>>
File: 1411811830387.jpg (423KB, 1908x800px) Image search: [Google]
1411811830387.jpg
423KB, 1908x800px
>>49695557
>Is there an in-character reason why the character has this negative aspect?
"Omegaware is cheaper and more available than Standard grade." Omegaware is cheap and easy to get ahold of, but comes with obvious, serious faults which diminish its effectiveness.

>Why should the team keep your character?
"So they can have a go at her too." The character is unabashed and transparent fap fuel.
>>
File: 1397843302549.jpg (263KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1397843302549.jpg
263KB, 1024x768px
>>49695602
I think they're more prone to kidnapping. Who care about a homeless guy or twenty?

I wouldn't trust Street Docs to send report of their operations to the corps either. Those guys are on the streets for a reason.
>>
>>49695642
>"So they can have a go at her too." The character is unabashed and transparent fap fuel.
>Please do not use "It's my/his/her/its fetish"

So you have no justification for your character.
>>
>>49695654
Sometimes the reason is "Corp X planted them there", I would think.
>>
>>49695642
If you just want a fetish character go to f-list and leave us alone evil spirits.

If you want to actually play shadowrun figure out why your characters not just a prostitute if thats all shes good for.

Atleast make her a decker, do you really need hands in the matrix?
>>
>>49695676
Avatar ruined datajack sex for me
>>
>>49695642
>unabashed and transparent fap fuel
then it depends on whether
>the other players are fine with that
and
>you are still useful, even with that disadvantage

Because if you aren't better than average they will most likely just ditch you for someone that doesn't risk their runs by having their limbs pop off becoming absolutely useless
>>
>>49695602
>>49695639
>Instead, omega cyberware is often frst-generation, just cheaply made and a knockoff
of more popular ’ware. The Azzies are notorious for this kind of shoddy workmanship, but they’re hardly the only ones; be sure that your cyberdoc is reasonably trustworthy and, if possible, have a tech-oriented runner on your team who can look things over and make certain that you’re getting what you’re supposed to get.

> Wuxing’s early attempts at a cyber-division produced some truly awful work, for instance.
> Sticks

> Still toeing the company line, eh Sticks? Omega-grade’s also found in new tech being tried out by the larger megas, feld-testing things in SINless people. Once the prototypical bugs are worked out, the improved model goes into production.
> Bull

>As an optional rule, a gamemaster may allow a player to take some kind of drawback from their used cyberware instead of 1.2 times the normal Essence cost. While there are no hard and fast rules for this, the greater the savings in Essence, the worse the flaw should be. Examples might include a smartgun link that won’t fre at people flagged as Ares employees; a cyberleg with a bad knee, lowering the character’s run speed multiplier by one; or wired reflexes without an off switch, resulting in a life where they strike out against perceived threats in everyday life with possibly tragic consequences. As always, the gamemaster has final say.

If I had to guess, Omegaware is profoundly cheap to produce, with a colossal profit margin, even if you have to sell it in bulk, economies of scale for it to add up to a lot. Like, if you're making a 10% net profit margin off the sale of Standard stuff, I'd expect as much as 25% net or higher off of Omegaware.
>>
>>49695690
>you are still useful, even with that disadvantage
The idea's not for the flaw to completely invalidate the character. It'll still require a decker with wireless access or someone willing to close to melee and make the appropriate touch attacks to pop those suckers off. And while the limbs are still attached, the character will be a fucking badass (but while they're off, she'll be a vulnerable fuckdoll of a torso).

>the other players are fine with that
They are.

I'm just looking for feedback on whether limbs being Omegaware is a reasonable justification for this.
>>
How much is an actual dose of a drug? How many hits are in a kilo of something?
>>
File: Augmentation p27.png (10KB, 367x100px) Image search: [Google]
Augmentation p27.png
10KB, 367x100px
>>49695738
Personally I'm wary with that concept but I think Omegaware fits
As long as the other players are fine with it and you can contribute to the team most of the time it should be fine

>>49695639
Found it: Augmentation, page 27
in 5e it should be the same
>>
Also: Any Idea for the next Thread theme?
>>
>>49695835
>Also: Any Idea for the next Thread theme?
Fuckdoll edition. Limbless sluts, bunraku dolls, and sex drones as the theme.
>>
>>49695863
Ah jeeze
>>
>>49695863
Man, you fucks really are trying to surpass /pfg/ as the most autistic thread on the board, aren't you?
>>
>>49695885
>Man, you fucks really are trying to surpass /pfg/ as the most autistic thread on the board, aren't you?
Man, the 'last viewed files' list is borderline pornographic half the time, and I can't count the number of times we've had themes like 'elf sluts' or 'ork waifus.' It's really not out of theme for /srg/.
>>
File: 1340323342633.gif (11KB, 730x413px) Image search: [Google]
1340323342633.gif
11KB, 730x413px
>>49695925
>>
>>49695688
What no have more imagination. You dont need to use the data jack to screw, you just have a deck on your waist and get carried in a ventillated dufflebag as a pocket hacker.
>>
>>49695925
Can't we do something cool instead? Anybody have lil' shadowrunners with oversized gear mixed in with their stash of filth? Something wholesome would be nice. The limbless slut already got time
>>
File: crop.jpg (32KB, 220x275px) Image search: [Google]
crop.jpg
32KB, 220x275px
>>49694625
>>
File: four cyberlimbs.jpg (243KB, 1200x1432px) Image search: [Google]
four cyberlimbs.jpg
243KB, 1200x1432px
>>49695138
Oh boy, oh boy...
>>
File: Happy Goeff.gif (981KB, 500x253px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Goeff.gif
981KB, 500x253px
>>49688204
>>
>>49694953
>>49694967
>>49694630

Okay thanks, but is there any way to determine the protection of the data on hosts, as a GM ?
Otherwise i would just go host rating+firewall and the successes are the protection value for special data, maybe adding +1 success. standard stuff would just buy successes
>>
>>49673456
2d storytime 2.0 when
>>
>>49696822
When 2d gets to it no sooner and no later.
>>
>>49696822
Hopefully never
>>
File: 1472681161124.jpg (128KB, 742x449px) Image search: [Google]
1472681161124.jpg
128KB, 742x449px
>>49696822
>>
File: breast implants.png (41KB, 158x186px) Image search: [Google]
breast implants.png
41KB, 158x186px
So does someone already have a new thread chambered?
>>
NEW THREAD
>>49697191
>>49697191
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.