[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 23

File: chibi_exalted.jpg (362KB, 843x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chibi_exalted.jpg
362KB, 843x1024px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Beer and Pretzel Edition. What light hearted shenanigans do you get up to in games? How do your characters relieve stress?
>>
Someone in the last thread was asking where the 2e styles were from in the spreadsheet. I think they're from this conversion https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4FTsSprLYd8KWXgE5Rr1x7C9_B6Ln5cnGN8HF7a3Vk/edit?usp=sharing

Seems like it might be dead tho, dude hasn't worked on it in a while
>>
Haven't ever actually played Exalted but love the setting. Unfortunately my favourite types of Exalted were Alchemicals and I get the feeling it will be years before they get a 3e splatbook.

I did like Prometheans in WoD, and Liminals seem to be not-Prometheans, so at least theres something... months away probably.
>>
>>49674786

>Alchemicals

they were one of the reasons I got into Exalted in the first place, and everyone here shares the pain of waiting for their favourite splats. Have you taken a look at the Alchemicals homebrew in the folder?
>>
>>49674738
Yeah, sadly haven't seen another Sid homebrew quite as well along as his. If anyone know of one I can begin adapting it for the sheet.
>>
>>49674938
No I have not. I should, and see if I can recreate "Inevitable Wall of Attrition" again and continue to never use it in a game.
>>
>>49675032

Ha, I'm in the same boat. Created characters and dreamt scenarios but never played. What's the best thing you've never done?
>>
>>49675061
Well "Inevitable Wall of Attrition" was designed to be the sort of black ops "we have no idea how to handle this situation so lets make him hold it off for a week while we think of a solution" type character. Pure passive damage soak and hardness. I mostly just loved the Alchemicals' setting, even if it wasn't really built upon as much.
>>
Hey anyone, maybe even the guy who did it, have a more update version of the google sheet with all the Charm information? Last I have is from back in February and I seem to remember him saying he was going to put Miracles Charms in there.

Working on adding Prerequisite Charm information to the character sheet and I'd rather not do all the work myself if it's already been done.
>>
So, what happened to the Scarlet Empress in your games?

In the one I'm running, she got assassinated as part of the long run plot of the Big Bad, and her body now has risen as a Liminal Exalt whose motivation is figuring out what exactly killed her past self.
>>
>>49676941
In mine she tried to make a play for the Throne of Heaven itself, thinking she could do a better job running all of Heaven and Creation than the Unconquered Sun has ever done.
>>
>>49674938

>they were one of the reasons I got into Exalted in the first place, and everyone here shares the pain of waiting for their favourite splats.

Amen to that. Part of the reason I made it. The other two was that I find it much easier to make NPC's if I have a charm list and also making it for a quest I'm running.

1.5 is the latest (And it won't be finished until I learn how warstriders are handled). I do have a download link to 1.4 as a PDF with nice bookmarks, which is semi outdated (The main differences between the versions is that I took a look at Alchemical Stealth and wondered if I was on crack).

Version 1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8xz9yao6pym5h3p/Alchemical3eHomebrewVersion1.4.pdf
>>
>>49673284
>How do your characters relieve stress?
Last time it was gathering information about a marriage between noble families, stalking the groom to be and kidnapping him, then disguising as him. During the wedding night, he brutally murdered the bride and brought the incapatiated man in the bedroom, and promptly left after explaining his plan and knocking him out again.
>>
>>49676941
I never bothered to give an explanation for the Empress's disappearance, as I felt that her role in the setting is defined mainly by the void her disappearance left.
>>
>>49676941
Basically, the reason she disappeared is that she found herself unable to use the Creation Defense Grid. In my setting, it requires to have a Motivation of some variance of "Protect Creation". Over her rulership, her motivation changed to " Secure the Realm". So she has gone to a pilgrimage to learn more of creation and somehow change her motivation.
>>
>>49673284
>How do your characters relieve stress?
Drinking.
>>
So with me needing the full style of Air Dragon now instead of whenever the fuck DB's come out, I took it upon myself to make all of Air Dragon for 3e.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-H22Ge1dqnfS9kjUR5Zu14MK3lH_ioyp8dfY2712WpE/edit?usp=sharing

I'm wondering if anyone can share their thoughts on what its like, as aside from a few areas I think I did pretty good with only have 12 hours in sleep in 3 days.
>>
anybody have a good list of 2e infernal homebrew? (preferably playtested)

particularly interested in silver tree guy who's name I can't spell, and anything that fills the glaring holes of bureaucracy and war charms.
>>
>>49681046
(also less blatantly mindrape socialize, some more stealth and survival, etc. just things to fill out their fairly narrow range when compared to their solar peers/equals)

anybody have an alchemical familiar or two rolled up and sitting around from a past game> the books didn't provide examples
>>
>>49676989
that...wouldn't be difficult. just don't be a pos crackhead.(made worse by the fact he overthrew the previous guys only to immediately squander it, pawned off on his exalts, not interfering when they went to shit, and being so mopey about seeing his solars suck he let half the map and 98% of the people die) a potato could do at least as good a job as us and the other incarnates did.
>>
>>49674938
I hope they don't somehow become metallic solars
>>
How many motes do Gods and Spirits refill, and how often?
>>
>>49681041
The convention is that the user of a charm is alwqys called "her" in the charmtext while the target and so on are "him", to make it clearer who it's talking about. If you want your charms to be in line with canon material, I suggest adopting it.
>>
>>49682497
I think it's the same for everyone. 5/hour normally but 10/hour when resting
>>
>>49681041
>I think I did pretty good with only have 12 hours in sleep in 3 days.
lots of spelling and grammar mistakes like this throughout the entire thing as well as a lot of awkward phrases, I recommend an editing pass.
>>
>>49682799

True, but again it was a miracle I was coherent enough to write it in the first place.

Once I get better I'll do an editing pass.
>>
>>49683827
Mechanically speaking it seems okay to me, though admittedly I'm not the most mechanically savvy guy out there. I'm not seeing anything I'd ban outright, though obviously a read-through is not the same thing as seeing how the style works in actual play.
>>
>>49676941
>So, what happened to the Scarlet Empress in your games?
Last three games:
- Ruled another hundred years, peacefully succeeded by the Yellow Emperor.
- Kidnapped as in canon.
-Ascended to a higher plane of existence, now off with Gaia.
>>
>>49681046
>silver tree guy who's name I can't spell
Szoreny.
>>
>>49682602
>The convention is that the user of a charm is alwqys called "her" in the charmtext while the target and so on are "him", to make it clearer who it's talking about.

Have they actually standardized that in 3e? Because in 2e I distinctly recall they did that BOTH WAYS IN A SINGLE FUCKING BOOK, being very nicely sex-distributed I'm sure but fucking hard to keep track of.
>>
>>49684104

I always wanted to do a small project where I'd flip the genders around every single time they're brought up just to annoy people.
>>
Are there any benchmarks for narrow-effect mass production charms, like the Lunar Stamina/Infernal Hegra charms for drug extrusion? One of my players would like to get a custom charm upgrade to the latter that produces manymany doses on an industrial scale to sell, and I'm wondering what sort of cost/amount would be appropriate.
>>
>>49684254
For reference, the existing Hegra charms have the following costs and amounts:
-produce one dose for 3m, for use by touch or weapon
-produce up to (Essence*5) doses for 1wp, (doses+3)m
-produce brief AOE mist, everyone within (Essence*5) yards drugged, for 1wp,15m
>>
SV likes to go an about EarthScorpion's and Aleph's Kerisgame. Has anyone around here read the published game logs, and are they worth anything? I'm aksing because I'm really, really starved for E´xalted-related material, but am kind of put off by the image ES and Aleph project on the aforementioned forum.
>>
>>49684374
From my brief impression they are veeeeery fluffy and roleplay-heavy, probably an adaptation to the way SV munchkins and lawyers up every mechanic they get their hands on.
>>
>>49681046
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-neverwar-the-neverwar-approved-yozi-trees.53220/#post-1634019
>>
>>49684374
trash mostly, the image you have is more or less how it is.
>>
How should I run Heaven's Reach? With Warhammer 40k look, or Star Wars?
>>
>>49684894

Whatever your players like more. I loves me both setting choices and they both work thematically so its really hard to pick.
>>
>>49684374
Try reading some yourself.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a-L0JQLRBa95NdikKKoydRhUrL2sHC2lw97rYZjq71E/pub#h.71yb58s42bs6
>>
>>49684894

Depends if you want grimdark or pulpy.

I'll second doing what the players like the idea more of though.
>>
>>49681046
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Szoreny_Infernal_Charms
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?138409-Exalted-Szoreny-the-Silver-Forest
>>
Thought I'd share a setting item from one of my games:

Heaven is well aware of the Silver Pact, and has diplomatic relations enough - albeit tenuous ones, particularly in the absence of Luna - that among the many committees of the Sidereals there exists a post of Ambassador to the Silver Pact. Assuming you can put up with being dragged to a different outskirt of Creation once or twice a year in order to get glared at for a week by monster-people who not unfairly see you as a representative of the social order that drove them to the outskirts of Creation in the first place, it's a great post to angle for if you're the sort of green Sidereal who wants to get a head start on your early career.

I say "green" because only Sidereals with _less_ than a certain number of years of experience are allowed to hold this post.

The official explanation for this given to the newbie revolves a lot around that "monster-people who not unfairly see you as a representative of the social order that drove them to the outskirts of Creation" thing, suggesting that older Sidereals are more likely to be seen as participants in its maintenance rather than innocent couriers and pawns, and therefore more prominent targets of Lunar ire, risking "accidents" even under the expectation of diplomatic immunity. Hence the newbies-only rule, hazard pay, and accelerated promotion to match the field experience of being around major hostile powers.

While the above is hardly untrue, the primary internal reason the decision was taken was to minimize potential intelligence leaks. After a veteran Sidereal was killed, eaten, and his brain parceled out among several Lunars who thus gained several hundred years' worth of memories and knowledge of the internal affairs of Yu-Shan, the Committee on the Silver Pact decided that such a thing should not be risked again by exposing valuable Sidereals to such risk on a recurring basis.

Any holder of the post is only told about this after their tenure expires.
>>
File: xcom2.jpg (39KB, 701x533px) Image search: [Google]
xcom2.jpg
39KB, 701x533px
>>49674786
>years

>not decades

buckle up boyo
>>
>>49676941

Killed by an ancient, insane Night caste. His exaltation escaped the jade prison and Lytek fucked up the memory purge, so he's essentially been powerleveling by murdering fae and demons for the past thousand or so years. The first thing he did after returning to Creation proper was murder her and dump her corpse on Ketchup Carjack's front door.
>>
Reading the east book, halta seems ridiculously wildly overpowered compared to linowa. this doesn't fit their worldbuilding well at all...linowans sound more like nuisance raiders bothering the 'real' culture than two groups equal enough to have been at war for so long and to have destroyed other civilizations in the crossfire(not even "different but balanced" of having the lesser group be a hoard, the halta also have the numbers advantage)...so did this book's writer just have a huge halta boner or what?
>>
>>49687040
Halta and Linowa make no fucking sense. Exalted writers have no sense of scale.
>>
>>49687040
>>49687086
I like to just pretend they either both fought the bull and were shattered down to just being small tribes or that the wyld ate both of them long enough ago the region stabilized as if they'd never existed. Linowa and Halta are so stupid that /blank/ maps are preferable.

if you can only explain something with the ridiculous lunar 'civilization "build/smash/build"ing bullshit then it doesn't deserve to exist.
>>
>>49681046
http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Szoreny_(Riklurt)#The_Torment_of_Szoreny
>>
>>49688239
Speaking of... anybody know of existing or homebrew 1cd for Szoreny? seems like they could be interesting
>>
whats your favorite city/kingdom/region?
>>
>>49688980
You.
>>
>>49689021
daaaaw (*^^*)
>>
>>49688980
>>49689455
Anon found Malfeas!
>>
Bumping with hope of reply to
>>49684254
>>49684353
?

Anyone got a good sense of scale? If I make it 2wp,50m to produce a Ess*100 doses, does that bait any DOING IT WRONG responses?
>>
>>49688343
>1cd for Szoreny
Do you not know how 1CD work or something?
>>
>>49691881
Not that guy, but 1CD can trace their ancestry to a Yozi, e.g.

>Sesseljae, the Stomach Bottle Bugs,
>Demons of the First Circle, Progeny of the Keeper of the Forge of Night

Then you look up the Keeper (Alveua) and find
>The Expressive Soul of That Which Calls To The Shadows

Which in turn is Erembour
>Seventh Soul of the Ebon Dragon

So sesseljae are 1CDs of the Ebon Dragon.
>>
>>49691921
No, I'm sure that's just one of many dumb things 2e did.
>>
First time playing Exalted 3e and I make a black claw style martial artist, have I made a mistake anons or is the style actually good?
>>
>>49691950
On the other hand, 3e appears to have removed soul affiliation from the 2CDs as well. Dumbs all around!

>>49691983
It's good. Just make sure to read it and take advantage of it, not just run into combat and hit things.
>>
>>49691950
No, nigger. its from 1e.
>>
>>49692033
If someone passes a roll to read intentions or discern lies against a Raksha, how does it play out?
>>
>>49676941
She's the Regent. She uses Black Mirror Shintai to impersonate him and his massive cock
>>
>>49692211
As normal? I don't understand the question. The raksha tells a lie, someone discerns that it was a lie.
>>
>>49692264
Yeah, but Raksha don't think, act or work anywhere near as beings from Creation (or formerly, as demons) do.
>>
>>49691921
1CDs can trace their ancestry to a Yozi, but they aren't demons of that Yozi in the same sense as 3CDs and 2CDs are. They aren't part of the soul hierarchy, they're just creatures created to serve a specific purpose, for amusement, to make a point or for any number of other reasons. They aren't necessarily affiliated with their "ancestral" Yozi, and don't necessarily reflect his themes and nature in any meaningful way.

>>49691993
>On the other hand, 3e appears to have removed soul affiliation from the 2CDs as well. Dumbs all around!
I'm pretty sure that isn't actually true.
>>
>>49693108
>I'm pretty sure that isn't actually true.
I'm _hoping_ it isn't true, and it's just a corebook space issue, or a "let's not confuse the players with this yet" cunning plan, or something. But their entries have changed.

2e:
>Octavian, the Living Tower, Demon of the Second Circle, the Defining Soul of the Ravine of Whispers (2e core)
>Sigereth, the Player of Games, Demon of the Second Circle, Indulgent Soul of That Which Wears Down the Mountains (Compass:Malfeas)

3e:
>Octavian, the Living Tower, the Quarter-Prince, Demon of the Second Circle (3e core)
>Sigereth, the Player of Games, Demon of the Second Circle (3e core)
>>
>>49693206
It's almost certainly an example of the whole "let's keep things mystical and mysterious and mystifying" thing.
>>
>>49693255
Just like them killing off my husbando Lytek
>>
>>49691993
I think the entry for the fulope mentioned it was descended from Adorjan, so I don't think they ended that, just not gonna talk it about it in core.
>>
>>49693255
Fuckin' bullshit. I hope they realise that if they're gonna let people fill in the blanks most people will default to the 2e interpretations anyway.
>>
>>49684622
>>49684432
Don't know either of them well apart from the homebrew on ES' part which I adore, care to elaborate?
>>
>run 3e game for some of my bros I met on another site
>one of them is a Supernal Crafter who keeps making magitech stuff
>I hate magitech

Doesn't ruin anything and I don't mind him having fun, but god almighty do I hate reducing First Age tech to "It's a car but it runs on Essence juice instead of oil".
>>
>>49693979
Not sure whether to advise you to blame devs or not. I vaguely remember 2e's First Age having vaguely mechanistic explainations, but also having much greater ambition. "It's a giant metal bird that can become completely indestructible or shoot an Essence laser that deals infinite damage". "It's a delicate conflux of geomancy and spiritualism so thoroughly integrated with automated systems that it can only be described as a factory-cathedral"
>>
File: Offical.jpg (178KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Offical.jpg
178KB, 1024x1536px
>>49686340
Very interesting. Cynical tradecraft and perfectly in character for Sidereals.
>>
>>49693961
autism, but the fluffy noncrunch kind.
>>
>>49694392
Thank you. It came to me as the excuse/justification to have a mixed circle that involved a Sidereal tagging along with several Lunars for quite a while and even being allowed to attend a Gathering.
>>
>>49691881
"descended from" you insufferable pendant
>>49692264
he thinks they shouldn't have the usual tells for the usual reasons
>>
>>49692373
So up the difficulty by a point or two. This doesn't need to be complicated.
>>
Is there any reason nonabyssals would initiate into necromancy rather than sorcery? (other than ghostbloods and those freak dbs who's affinity for neceomancy bars them from sorcery. or twilights wanting to know both because they want aaallll the arcane power)

from what I can tell necromancy is: nastier and with far more unpleasant implications, more taboo invoking, requires disgusting horrifying or disgustinglyhorrifying ingredients and actions to do anything that isn't done better by sorcery, less widely known, more likely to get you run out of town or draw unwelcome attention,more likely to get you killed(and with detailed knowledge that people might do worse), less versatile/useful beyond an extremely narrow range, and on top of it all less powerful. necromancy is not only objectively worse for nearly anything but riddled with barriers to entry and reasons to turn back once you've started.

unless you live in a shadowland, are unable to learn sorceey, or want the reputation necromancy has...it'd practically have to fall into your lap to even be considered by most people. and while sorcery schools/teachers/books/whatever are rare and looked on with suspicion outside a very few areas or cultures I'd expect necromancy teaching aids to be actively burned.

feels like there's no balance.
>>
>>49695404
It's a useful tool in your arsenal. Not like you have to run down the road yelling you're a necromancer.
>>
>>49695404
Necromancy might have some Actually Useful powers that just had the misfortune of never getting written up.

You're quite right that it's a faint shadow of sorcery as written.

For lurkers in the thread wondering just how bad it is, consider the first ten spells printed in the Black Treatise of Necromancy.
>Banish Ghost
>Black Candle Visage (Give Plastic Surgery To Ghost)
>Bless the Rapine Soul (Possession By Ghost)
>Blessed Dead Fools (Summon Ghost Band)
>Blood Mirror Speech
>Bone Puppet Dance (Command Skeleton)
>Bonfire Visions (Ghost Fetter Scrying)
>Death Flies Two Sails (Summon Ghost Ship)
>Death Inversion Loop (Traumatize Ghost)
>Death Mask (Disguise As Ghost)

You'll notice eight of those ten spells deal with ghosts. The ninth deals with skeletons. The tenth is Blood Mirror Speech, which lets you send a written message by mirror and receive a reply. There's pretty much sweet-fuck-all to be found of useful spells in necromancy for anyone not playing Ghost Ghostman, Ghoster of Ghosts, And Sometimes Other Undead, But Mostly Ghosts.
>>
>>49684894
I ran it as a combination of Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star
>>
>>49695906
>Cowboy bebop

Do you have any logs or anything that you might lend to a curious anon?
>>
>>49686742

Gorool strikes again.
>>
>>49695531

Man, they awakened the dead Primoridals for this shit? Seriously, that was worth plumbing the tombs of the Neverborn for?
>>
>>49696107
They really hated ghosts anon. Do you know how annoying it is to screw ghosts over? With necromancy you don't even need to be near the ghost to screw them over!

Fucking ghosts are like plagues anyway. Look at the deathlords. Necromancy is doing the world a favor.
>>
>>49687086
It's better in 3E.
>>
>>49695531
I mean, to be fair now, Bone Puppet Dance is brutal as fuck and applies to normal people as well so long as they have a skeleton inside them.

Necromancy in 2e had this weird thing where most of it's spells were meh, some were handy but situational, and a few that were "WHOA, that's awesome!"
>>
File: legendary sizes.png (1020KB, 1201x900px) Image search: [Google]
legendary sizes.png
1020KB, 1201x900px
Here is your regular dose of White Wolf Editing: let's copypaste a monster quality EIGHT FUCKING TIMES, and then complain that book space and word count were at a premium.
>>
File: crushing bite.png (122KB, 345x230px) Image search: [Google]
crushing bite.png
122KB, 345x230px
>>49696664
Now, to be fair, I can see the argument for including powers in a monster statblock so that you have all the monster's abilities one place, rather than having to look it up in the Monster Powers List. (This strikes me as an argument that's stumbled into entirely the wrong gameline considering Charms and splatbooks, but I can see it.) And once you've run one monster with Legendary Size, you know how the next one works without having to read it.

Except FUCK YOU, SOMETIMES THE SAME NAME WORKS DIFFERENTLY ANYWAY.
>>
>>49696107
"My Solar Mate went to the Tombs of the Neverborn and all I got was this lousy ghost disguise."
>>
>>49696664

They wanted to avoid a repeat of gods I think.

Which I'd advocate doing all that and more. Jesus christ it was hair pulling at times to see a God's charm list, then nearly 3/4ths of his set described in a fluffy, barely describable mess. Don't have the Roll of Glorious Divinity? Too fucking bad, enjoy gods being dead weight.
>>
>>49695404
I nipped the problem at the bud and ran Necromancy as just another sorcerous initiation, with some unique perks and qualities. The difference is mostly academical. I know it's a band-aid at best, but I can't muster the willpower to create another Sorcery-like system from scratch.
>>
>>49697511

So don't make it Sorcery-like.

Pretty much all of Necromancy's problems stem FROM being "Sorcery-like" when it has no actual reason for being Sorcery-like.

It didn't come into being the same way, it isn't learned the same way, and it doesn't even draw on the same literal fucking universe as Sorcery.

Necromancy should be wildly different, so that it actually feels like some forbidden secret you tore out of the dead-and-screaming Masters of the Universe.
>>
>>49697565
Ok, Holden. You go write it.
>>
>>49697507
>see a God's charm list, then nearly 3/4ths of his set described in a fluffy, barely describable mess. Don't have the Roll of Glorious Divinity? Too fucking bad, enjoy gods being dead weight.

Having Roll of Glorious Divininininity wouldn't help you there, the charm writeups there are still vague fluffy messes of the sort one would have to customize and perhaps build Exigents with.
>>
>>49697595
It's on the list.
>>
>>49697565
What, more like Mage?
>>
>>49698007

My idea was to organize Necromancy in groups based on physically mutilating yourself; one big physical change that you'd learn a bunch of interrelated abilities from.

So e.g. you'd learn (or "learn") the Black-Pitch Heart, which would replace all your blood with noxious black oil, and a bunch of abilities would radiate off from that, like "shooting the blood as a poison," "animating it into tentacles," "pouring it into a corpse's mouth to make it a goo-zombie," etc.

but if you wanted to jump over and pick up some ghost-dominating powers, you'd have to grab a different mutilating effect (idk, cutting your tongue out and replacing it with silvery mist?) and the abilities radiating out from that would deal with social influence, especially over ghosts.
>>
File: ttd.png (95KB, 230x229px) Image search: [Google]
ttd.png
95KB, 230x229px
Storytells-For-Infernals here looking for your thoughts.

The coven of Fiend/SWLIHN, Slayer/Kimbery, Scourge/Metagaos and Scourge/Hegra has been sent to a town on the Grey River where they are trying to take it over through drug trade and infiltration of the local merchant families, as an opening move in their greater collective Reclamation mission to seize and demonize Creation. There's also been various incidents of murder, rape, addiction, brainwashing, kidnapping, framing, demon summoning, incitement to civil war, and commandeering an army to lead a tangent conquest of the backwoods because they heard of a hellgate.

This being on the Grey River - that long stretch of empty official map between Varsi and Jades (in 2; it's even emptier in 3's map) out in the semi-middle of nowhere, roughly how much would you suggest they should get to escalate for how long before facing actually *threatening* enemies, and what sort of enemies would be most likely to show up first? Terrestrials? Lunars? Major Gods? The coven has largely been coasting through mortals so far.

I realize this is dependsonthesetting.jpg but I'd still be interested in suggestions so I'm not just staring a vast sheet of open possibilities in the face.
>>
Greetings. Exalted hive mutation how many how controlled what. Then and if doubled?
>>
>>49699410

There are no rules for the Hive mutation in 2e. Make 'em up.
>>
>>49698965
Sup GM.

Personally I'd say Dragonblooded from Jades & Chiang Dav. If they're going south, artifact plundering and Dragonkings await them in Rathess and Mount Eledath. Fey are also beneath Rathess in Khyral. Solars are possible in Marukan Alliance, Republic of Chaya, lunars & solars in the Arczeckhi Horde.

If we're generating a lot of interest, then I'd say Thorns would likely send a few people to investigate as well. Otherwise though, the sky's the limit. That's all there is up close, major powers include Mask of Winters, Fey, The Realm and Mister Maha to the east.

Hope that helps.
>>
In Sci Fi Exalted, how would pilots use planes, if apparently most of them need an essence user? What about warstriders? Should I just make some sort of mundane version of each?
>>
>>49699458
Graz
>>
>>49699558
draconian
>>
>>49699558
enlightenment
>>
>>49699558
>Should I just make some sort of mundane version of each?

This is what I would do.
>>
>>49698965
I mean I'd assume the Guild is the people they'd make enemies of: and the Guild has the resources and connections to set just about anything against you. Probably someone else who's been annoying the Guild to set you against each other. That's how I'd justify your coven facing Solar/Lunar/Wyld Hunt opposition.
>>
You know, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade, GET MAD! Make life....take the lemons BACK! I don't want your DAMN lemons HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE! How DARE life give MALFEAS lemons! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM! I'm the one whos gonna BURN your house down! WITH THE LEMONS. I'm gonna get Liger to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS LIFE'S HOUSE DOWN!
Think I'll call em "Slayers"...yeah.
>>
>>49700638
SWLIHN:"yeah! take the lemons."
>>
Why is there a sudden influx of retarded posters?
>>
aaand /thats/ basically 3e gsp

thats their entire thing
>>
>>49700664
Like attracts like. Damnit holden
>>
>>49686340

This is awesome, thank you for sharing!
>>
File: Centaur.jpg (57KB, 725x928px) Image search: [Google]
Centaur.jpg
57KB, 725x928px
Evening lads. A friend of mine is running a new Exalted game, he's a veteran GM, I've never played before.

How possible would it be to play a man/man, ie. Half man, half man? Ideally some sort of bard, playing two instruments at once.
>>
>>49701437
My first thought is some sort of mutant. You just have to know who precisely was responsible for that. Maybe some sort of mad Abyssal Exalted?
>>
>>49701437

Sure. Probably a wyld mutant. Just take Extra Limbs and you're done.
>>
>>49701456
>>49701463
Thanks for the help. The pic was just a quick reference, skin would probably feature on the finished character.
>>
File: Centaur better.png (751KB, 510x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Centaur better.png
751KB, 510x1584px
>>49701437
Something like this?
>>
File: goroclassic[1].png (299KB, 460x298px) Image search: [Google]
goroclassic[1].png
299KB, 460x298px
>>49701437
>>49701619
>>
>>49701437

Giant, Extra Limbs, Extra Head

Presto
>>
>>49698965

Minor gods/elementals are probably the first to appear, possibly a couple of mortal heroes/Godblooded. After this it escalates into something far more threatening depending on who the people were:

1) Mortals who follow the Immaculate Faith will immediately head to the shrine to warn the monk there, who will attempt to summon a Wyld Hunt.

2) Mortals who worship a powerful major god over the Immaculate Faith will likely go to them.

3) Terrestials are not just the Realm, they can show up as mercenary bodyguards in the Hundred Kingdom's area or anyone with the dosh to afford one (Which is usually Bandit Prince level)

4) Lunars will happen when they (A) predict they're about to head into his territory or (B) They find out what the GSP's are and lead a Lunar version of a Wyld Hunt where it begins to rain bears. If all else fails, your location should be close enough to Ma-Ha-Suchi's den if you want to give them a big antagonist early on.
>>
>>49705777
>3) Terrestials are not just the Realm, they can show up as mercenary bodyguards in the Hundred Kingdom's area or anyone with the dosh to afford one (Which is usually Bandit Prince level)
Also as minor kings and warlords, of course.
>>
revlid mutation vs vanilla? revlid seems boring since it removed all the interesting effects, so what makes it good?
>>49701437
4arms is easy. even the sun has 4 arms. do you need the extra long torso too?
>>
>>49699532
>>49699901
>>49705777
Thanks for the opinions guys, game tomorrow. Will tell you how it goes.
>>
>>49710600
I look forward to it.
>>
>>49673284
I know this is a silly question, but, what's going on in pic? It looks like 2nd edition Solars on top 2 rows, then a row of Abyssals, is bottom two rows all Lunars, or just second from last and last is Sidereals or Dragonborn?

Are these some of those named characters from 2e? I got into 2e like RIGHT as 3e came out, and frankly it seemed to make more sense to invest in the newer one since I like how it works mechanically better (though I could do without some of the theme changes) and because that's what my friends are playing. I still want to know the "story" from 2e, though, the uhh, what do you call them? The named ones? Icons? Is that what this pic is? And how can I learn more about the people on it?
>>
>>49711030
Top row are the major gods - Gaia & Luna playing grab-ass next to 4 armed Unconquered Sun. The bottom row are the five iconic solars from 2e

The rest are named or recognisable characters from various 2e book or iconics for their exalt type's castes.
>>
http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Szoreny_(Riklurt)#Charms_of_the_Silver_Forest

The wiki sucks, did anybody happen to catch these charms before they were lost?
>>
>>49712790
Google shows people looking but nobody finding. The wiki exists not to preserve, but to taunt us with content forever lost.
>>
Hello people, haven't had too much to add but recently have been working with the guy that originally created the character sheet that I added formulas to and we're trying to gauge interest in a new feature.

The idea was to make the Charms look a bit more presentable and easy to read, as they are pretty condensed right now. Though this makes them easy to enter/delete some information is lost or does not come across as easily.

So we set up a new tab, that currently takes the Charm list and fills in Charm Cards for you that look, in my opinion, quite a bit nicer. It deletes blanks so you can space out your Charms however you want in the original Charm list but still get them all nice and together on the other tab. It also deletes duplicates which really only affects Ox-body Technique but you don't really need to read info on that Charm 2-5 times.

With that said, I'd love some feedback on it, currently worried it takes up too much screen space, so if anyone is on a smaller monitor I'd like your input how it looks especially.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>49713876
My screen cuts off at AI on the character page and AP on the charm card page.
>>
>>49713955
So that cuts off the portrait and the character generation aid, portrait isn't that big of a deal but the chargen is supposed to be easily viewable, however there isn't much playing around I can do there.

For the Charm cards, ease of use is the primary intention, would you prefer if it was only 2 across as opposed to 3? This would at the cost of even more scrolling up and down.
>>
>>49712790
>>49713463
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7gWQojsq8EeM1dwcDBsd21MS0E/edit

here. also, other stuff
>>
Is there any legitimate chance we get new exalted news in this monday meeting?
>>
>>49716893
>LaughingAshton.png

But seriously, I doubt it. I'm not expecting Arms until next year some time.
>>
>>49716893
100%, but the "news" will just be them flinging shit at 2e
>>
File: 1422044313133.gif (478KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1422044313133.gif
478KB, 500x375px
>>49716893
>>
Well, we haven't hit rock bottom so we may as well.

Which canonical character in the Exalted setting would you fuck and why?
>>
>>49673284
We have a Hegran infernal in my group that has up to this date, drugged and fucked all the player characters with an irresistible poison. My " Dont tread on me " fiend got pissed after she had his way with him off and fought her to a standstill before getting koed by a magical poison she breathed out. Now not only is he addicted to her drug, but the other 2 pcs took ger side because they mostly dont care about her hijinks.
Any idea how do I shut her down if she tries anything of the likes of that against me without pissing off the entire party ?
>>
>>49718658
One of my player's characters has boned Raksi, who is his lunar mate.

He also learned Black Claw style from her.

mfw unassailable major intimacy of love towards fucking Raksi
>>
>>49718658
Erambour a cute, A CUTE !
But id get some shaping and social defenses first to resist her aura.
>>
>>49718658
Kimbery, because i like older women and Christmas cakes.
>>
Any update s on the meeting today ?
>>
>>49719236
Probably don't post on a forum you actively know they utilise and ask them politely for them not to do that again?

Either that or become immune to drugs & toxins, use your eclipse oath powers to make sure she won't do it again or convince the party she's a threat to them.
>>
>>49720349
3rd party here, are you one of his party members?

Because if so, what a passive aggressive bitch.
If not, disregard.
>>
>>49685224

Can I say: Infernals seem very weird and roundabout to use? They're imaginative and alien, but figuring out how they WORK other than the Excellencies is messy.

Like, there's no straightforward way to fucking someone up in a fight. Solar Charms are universal: Infernal Charms are specific. For instance, why do I want stuff like Verdant Emptiness Endowment when I just want to beat someone down?
>>
>>49718658

Lilith, because there's a long, elaborate and angsty subplot there. Violence, self-loathing, etcetra. Alternatively, the catgirl if you want to go for the quick fix.

It's strange, but nearly all the Dragonblooded are deeply unpleasant people. Only the Outcastes seem to be the kind a PC would interact with/romance without horrible violence.

My GM used the busty fox-goddess from Oboro Murasama for that one fox Lunar, but I can't remember her name.
>>
File: tumblr_o10owuKftj1sh4myko1_500.png (649KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o10owuKftj1sh4myko1_500.png
649KB, 500x700px
>>49720532
Kongiku
>>
>>49719236
Maybe your GM should, you know, intervene and not let a player character rape another character? Like, what the everloving fuck is wrong with your GM that he oks a player saying, "Oh, I'm going to use my paralyzing potion and fuck Jim's character while he can't move"? Even if this is ERP I wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>49720866
>Playing characters that get gangraped by demon-gods as mandatory part of their backstory.
>Complaining about rape
>>
>>49720532
>t's strange, but nearly all the Dragonblooded are deeply unpleasant people
Warrior aristocrats raised to believe that they're not only mire powerful but also morally and spiritually superior to other people being unpleasant shouldn't be all that surprising. That said, I think Aspect Books have quite a few Dynasts who aren't deeply unpleasant. not perfect either, and not necessarily all that morally upstanding by modern standards, but not complete assholes either.
>>
>>49720491
You want Malfeas charms to beat people down. Think of Malfeas charms as being like Melee+Resistance+Performance, that's where you find beatdown charms and tank charms. Verdant Emptiness Endowment is more of a Bureaucracy charm compared to Solars.
>>
>>49721555

Not really waifu material, is what you're saying.
>>
>>49719236
>(how does my fiend shut down hegran drugs infernal)
Meta: demand explicit mechanics of the drug. Exalted has combat transparency; you get to know on the OOC level just how such things will work. With that said, various object level suggestions:
Get Bloodless Murk Evasion and perfectly dodge away from it.
Get Counter-Conceptual Imposition and catch the drugs in a bottle.
Get Cosmic Transcendence of Temperance and be too ascetic for drugs.
Bind a sesselja to sit inside you and eat poisons from your flesh.
Get any of various other Emotion/Poison keyword defenses.

>>49720866
>Like, what the everloving fuck is wrong with your GM
Hi, I'm the GM and what happened is that I encouraged the players to have side sessions of their PCs interacting if and when they wanted. So I *wasn't there* to intervene when the two of them started a private session and shit went down. The Yozis will be annoyed about this if the players want it to still be canon in the aftermath.
But if you want a direct answer, "I'm running 2.5 Exalted for loyalist Infernals" sounds like it might be something wrong with me.

>>49721345
>Playing characters that get gangraped by demon-gods as mandatory part of their backstory
I have removed that from my game because it is retarded.
>>
>>49722125
>I have removed that from my game because it is retarded.
Uh, actually, it's really good character building??
>>
>>49722428
Nigga please.
>>
>>49722428
Was that a question?
>>
So, according to the rules, since moving is a reflexive action, can I move, then attack somebody, or do I need to flurry? What about the other way, like attacking then moving?
>>
>>49722725
No, the question marks are just there to underline anon's profound cluelessness and confusion.
>>
>>49722776
You can move your speed reflexively on your tick, before or after attack, no flurry needed to do that and attack. You may want to flurry a Dash to move further or faster, though.
>>
Does anybody keep the stats of that cute bdsm ghost somebody posted here?
>>
File: 1464705260531.png (955KB, 864x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1464705260531.png
955KB, 864x1440px
>>49723102
This one?
---
The Faceless Mistress
A powerful and mysterious ghost, few things are known about the being known as the Faceless Mistress. Her past is shrouded in mystery, though there are tales of a powerful woman that took up a mask to harden herself against the world, and forgot her own face in the process. Currently, she maintains a house of ill repute, selling sensations to the dead to make them feel alive and satisfying the more deviant tastes of the living, though sometimes she can be seen wandering the streets in search of people that catch her eye as both customers and 'employes'.
Though her lack of a face prevents her from talking, she possesses extremely expressive body language, especially in regards to orders.

Essence: 4; Willpower: 7; JB: 8
Personal Motes: 90
Health Levels: -0/-1x2/-2x2/-4x5/Incap.
Actions: Seduction: 12 dice; Intimidation/Threats: 9 dice; All other social influence (miming): 7 dice; Read Intentions: 9 dice; Senses: 6 dice;
Appearance 5; Resolve 4; Guile 5 (see Blank Face)

Combat:
Direlash of Torment: 13 dice, damage 12 (11 to control grapples)
Sharp Fingernails: 11 dice, damage 10 (9 to control grapples)
Evasion: 5
Parry: 4
Soak/Hardness: 7/3
>>
>>49723449
Merits: Blank Face: The Faceless Mistress' face is a blank, empty space. Despite this, she can still see, though speaking is impossible. In addition, this makes her moods and thoughts almost impossible to read, imposing a -5 Penalty to all sight-based attempts to read her intentions.
Cult 1: Some offer prayers to the impressive and mysterious figure that is the Faceless Mistress.

Social Charms:
Dangerous Allure(Reflexive; Scene; 10m 1wp): Despite her rather frightening appearance, mortals and heroes alike can't help but find the Faceless Mistress alluring, her body and clothes drawing the eye. While this Charm is active, the Mistress reflexively makes an Instill roll against all characters that see her for the first time, using her Seduction dicepool with (Appearance) automatic successes. On a success, they gain a minor Tie of morbid attraction towards her. She is automatically aware when a character gains this Tie and gains any wp spent to resist it, which can bring her over her permanent willpower, but not over 10.

Innermost Desires Laid Bare (Simple; Instant; 15m): The Mistress has dealt in the pleasures of the flesh for centuries and is an expert in gauging a person's interests. This Charm creates a read intention action to either discover a target's desires and fetishes or their thoughts towards her, granting it double-8s.
>>
>>49723449
that one senpai
thanks
>>
>>49723469
Indecent Proposal (Supplemental; Instant; 5m 1wp): The Faceless Mistress offers someone that has caught her interest to take him with her, be it as a customer, an employee in training or just an amusing distraction. This Charm supplements any Persuasion action supported by at least a minor Tie or Principle, letting it be treated as one step more important than it really is, both for what it can be used for and for modifying Resolve. If it already is defining, the Persuasion instead costs 2 wp to resist in a Decision Point.

Strict Discipline Reminder (Supplemental; Instant; 10m) Her patience running out, the Faceless Mistress reminds people why resisting her is an exercise in futility. This Charm supplements an attack action, letting the Mistress make a reflexive threaten action before she strikes, to which she adds (Appearance+Target Wound Penalty) in bonus dice. If the target is at -2 or worse Wound Penalties, this action costs 2wp to resist. If the target submits to the threaten action, he must immediately stop fighting and accede to whatever demands she may have made. The Mistress may choose to have the supplemented attack deal no damage in this case.

Combat Charms:
Kiss of the Whip (Supplemental; Instant; Decisive-only; 3m 3i): This Charm supplements a decisive attack, making it more painful than it has any right to be. If the attack causes at least 1 level of damage, it increases the Wound Penalty the target suffers from until that health level is healed. If a target takes at least 3 levels of damage from the attack and Dangerous Allure is active, the Faceless Mistress may pay 1wp per target to apply an Instill as per Dangerous Allure against every Characters present, except it can raise an already existing Tie up to Defining.
>>
>>49723491
Confused Heart Exploitation (Reflexive; Instant; 5m 1wp): The Faceless Mistress exploits her targets confused feelings to gain the upper hand and show him his place. This Charm may be used on any roll against another character or to boost a Defence against such a Character. If that Character has a positive intimacy towards the Faceless Mistress, it adds that Intimacy's rating (+2/+3/+4) to the dicepool or Static Value in question. It is useless against characters with no positive feelings towards the Faceless Mistress, though a negative Intimacy does not cancel out a positive one.

>>49723472
No problem.
>>
Would it be reasonable to run a Heaven's Reach campaign like Legend of the Galactic Heroes?
>>
So, I'm working on a campaign in the West, and I've come up with a custom Deathlord who will be featured as an antagonist along with the Silver a Prince. He's called The Mariner, and he's trying ghost of Arkady, Leviathan's old Solar mate. Since his past is going to factor into the campaign, I'm trying to decide what the Silver Prince's background is too, so he doesn't just become "that other Deathlord". I'm thinking of making him the ghost of Desus, but if I do that I can't very well include him without Lilith getting involved. Now I'm fine including her along with Leviathan, but while I already have plans for including him, I'm not sure how to include Lilith in a way that doesn't end with her trying to kill everyone cause they're Solars (they do have some non-solar party members, but most are Solars).

My question is, how can I include Lilith in my campaign without her trying to kill the circle? Any suggestions are appreciated, although if someone knows another first-age solar the Silver Prince could reasonably have been, I'm all ears.
>>
>>49723449
Huh, someone saved my work. It didn't seem very popular when I first posted it.
>>
>>49722776

You can move without needing to flurry. However, so can your opponent. Thus, you will need to Dash to actually close distance with them, and they will need to Disengage to actually create distance from you.

This is also why charms that allow people to reflexively aim or fire at Medium or Long range without aiming are a Very Bad Idea (tm)
>>
>>49724371
Eyy, what can I say? Sexy ghosts appeal to me.
>>
>>49718658
myself. with splintered gale. there are story reasons, you see I wanted to make an army of infernal halfcastes so I turned myself into a hermaphrodite and

NO

oh...ok, st says no :(

forever alone
>>
>>49719236
just murder her. redrule blabla but murder is far more fun. team up with the fiend. if you can't murder her then ruin her everything until you can.
>>
>>49719236
suck it up, after getting tagteamed by kimbery and isidoros during that stupid party after character creation does it really matter? does anything?
>>
>>49720491
they're practically *made* of straight forward ways to fuck someone up in a fight.

that isn't what verdent emptiness is for. that's about the only thing it *isn't* for.

why do i want solar ride charms if I'm trying to craft?
>>
>>49724952
the <strike>erecti</strike>ebon dragon molested your very soul
>>
>>49724515
>Eyy, what can I say? Sexy ghosts appeal to me.
Honestly, who doesn't like sexy ghosts?
>>
>>49724918
get a stomache bottle bug, make a plan, wait for her to catch you alone, play dead until her guard is down etc. you're a fiend. backstabing party members should be like breathing to you get your shit together
>>
>>49720349
lolo passive aggressive

>>49725141
or out weird her by making her your bride obession and going farther than shes willing to go
>>
Does anything break if I make scale-shedding solution indefinite and endable by an reflexive act of will? Seems nearly totally useless otherwise. so what am I missing
>>
File: image.jpg (181KB, 1000x902px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 1000x902px
>>49724271
Bumping this since the thread's quiet anyways. While I'm at it, anyone know where I can find more info on Lilith? Lunar book and Scroll of Exalts surely, any others?
>>
>>49720491
why would you be mad at wish granting because it can't be used in a fight? I...don't even

Infernals aren't all that confusing, their trees are probably the most straight forward to just skim through. VEE's branch is about being able to give people what they want and therefore leverage, gaining favors/obligations they owe as a result of giving them what they want and therefore bonus leverage, and also it can be used as a training effect. This essentially is multiple solar charms in one. Made even better by it's upgrades that let you add fine print to the wishes, add the ability to grant or steal background dots, add or remove mutations, heal, etc. But mostly it's about gaining influence just like the majority of cecelyne's other charms.

(of course it's fine print and training effects could potentially also be abused to make your xp pool dynamic if you're willing to deal with the torment buildup and can convince the st it'd be cool)
>>
>>49727956
i believe she's in DotFA
>>
>>49720491
>why do I want stuff like Verdant Emptiness Endowment when I just want to beat someone down?
>Why would I ever want sail charms when I just want to hit people with my sword?

You don't, dumbass.
>>
>>49728036
>add the ability to grant or steal background dots
That particular upgrade really needs to die in a fire because it is fucking stupid that you can wish up a dozen points of artifacts in the course of a day, or an army fifty thousand strong, or et cetera, and then do it again tomorrow.
>>
>>49728721
It's one of those charms that clearly existed from the paradigm of "these are the charms of the Yozi."

If it does exist though, it'll likely use the framework of WST and its upgrades.
>>
>>49723781

Go ahead.

I'd imagine the turnover would be far less given that the PC's are supersoldiers.

Also sail rules sucking.
>>
>>49724271

One of the PCs is her Solar mate, if Swan isn't around. She loves him AND wants to tear his head off, but it's easier when Ghost-Desus shows up because they're clearly two different people.
>>
>>49724515

The Mistress with White Hands is another example (and seems to be a homage to A Chinese Ghost Story.) She's looking for her lover, who has recently been reborn, and is thinking of reincarnating.

In our game, it had a happy ending because her former lover was a PC Solar. She eventually went on to Lethe knowing that he'd still be around when she came back. (She was reborn as an Outcaste merchant-prince's daughter, as a matter of fact.)
>>
>>49733378

Which book is that in?
>>
>>49733618

Underworld, 1E and 2E.
>>
So at least there are dates for next years books in place. Guessing they aren't just going to release them but good to see that they're at least making an effort to keep the devs on schedule. Downside is it sounds like no new books for this year.
>>
>>49733705
Relevant quote from Monday meeting
>In fact, she and I just had a great scheduling talk with Holden Shearer about the next books for Exalted 3rd Edition, and we have set down firm dates for text delivery of the next year’s books that both we and the devs can live with and aim for.
>>
>>49733705

Gee, I'm glad my grandchildren will someday play 3E.

>>49733378

Sounds overly convenient.
>>
File: f8e.jpg (289KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
f8e.jpg
289KB, 1162x850px
>Solar with no concept of the value of the jade money she got her hands in session 1
>Plot hooks bring her to the Blessed Isle in session 3
>Lack of understanding and local merchant rolling 5 successes on 5 dice for manipulation vs Guile 1 leads to comically oversized bribe of 14 obols for information on plot rumors and some dresses

What kind of consequences would this have down the line?
>>
>>49733817

As the party's Sidereal, I admit nothing.
>>
>>49725116
That's inaccurate.
The ebon dragon's souls very molested you.
>>
Have you guys seen the 3e Lunar homebrew? Is it any good? My players seem pretty interested in using it, but I'm really unsure, especially since I am NOT familiar with 3e, and it's been years since I ran 2e.
>>
>>49733834
Merchants start coming to her with information, seeking out secrets and rumors to tell her for a sweet payday before she wises up.

This makes several Dragonblood engaged in a cold war using various patrician families as proxies nervous, because from the outside it look like your Solar is actively hoarding intel on the goings on in the area.

You Solar is now a target of these dragonbloods both as a potential ally and potential threat, leading to assassination attempts, wealthy families offering her alliances, and people desperate to expose her identity. All because she wanted a nice dress
>>
>>49734792

I like you.
>>
So, I'm new to Exalted so I need some advice on charm. I'm building some sort of Dawn brawler. Hot-Blooded and confident that a sufficient amount of brute force can solve any problems.
In short, he's big, tough and quick (And got something of an ego problem). So, any idea for the charm I'll need ?
>>
So I finally read through 3rd edition. Is there any reason why I should stop using 2nd over this?

Can sombody redpill me on 3rd edition please? I don't seem to get it so far.
>>
>>49736679
>redpill me
Ugh.

Anyways, 3e is basically a de-fucked version of 2e. Perfect defenses are dead (well, there's one Perfect Dodge, but it works only once a scene and has to be reset via a certain condition if you want to use it again in that scene), sorcery is actually worthwhile, social combat is extremely good and not just a waste of time, and the combat system is lethal but not overly so like in 2e where if you got hit once you would be instantly obliterated.
>>
>>49736730

I don't see it on sorcery and social combat and perfect defences were fine.

I don't like the new combat at all. Dancing for a hit is not a style everyone likes or one that fits every combatant. If you wanted no one-hit fights then bigger health pools were the way to go.
>>
>>49734792
Considering she was grilling the merchant for information about the goings-on at the beach (http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/Sion) hoping to hunt down an enemy Abyssal, I was expecting a massive rush of people going there a la the plot hook to the Invisible Fortress adventure.

Plus she came there looking for an enemy Abyssal that kidnapped her sister, only for her attempts at hunting to lead her to the Defiler that was the behind-the-scenes manipulator.
>>
>>49736830
Just because your strike doesn't oneshot the enemy doesn't mean you didn't hit them, it's up to imagination how it plays out. It's meant to model fights in anime where the combatants launch dozens of attacks on each other but nothing seems to actually happen until the end of the fight scene. Decisive attacks will usually oneshot, so feel free to stunt withering attacks as blows that hit but they remain standing against while winding up a Mortal Kombat finishing move for your decisive. I'm a huge fan of punching people through walls with withering blows and then having them stand up again raring to fight. Look at basically any fight scene in any anime, any attack that does leave the recipient dead or greviously wounded and clutching their gushing wound is a withering attack, including those that hit and draw blood but leave the victim at full fighting capacity.
>>
>>49736679
It's just plain better.

>>49736830
>social combat and perfect defences were fine
>social combat was fine
How on Earth was it fine?
>>
File: assassineated.png (304KB, 639x225px) Image search: [Google]
assassineated.png
304KB, 639x225px
>>49710600
Previously on Infernals: Hegran Scourge blackmails hearthstone-genderflipped Kimberian Slayer into giving her the D in public. Also some party infighting and drama described earlier in thread.
Yesterday: Limit is awarded for infighting drama.
Metagaon Scourge hears about how "it's terrible, Princess Ali's brother has summoned a demon and is doing unspeakable things to it in public". (Princess Ali being the Slayer's disguise alias.) So she goes to give them a talking-to. The indecent pair burst through a crowd, run into an alley, pursued by only a few fast onlookers, in turn pursued by Metagaon Scourge. Hegran Scourge distracts onlookers with the sexy so Metagaon Scourge can do pic related. They sneak back to the hotel to get back to planning their campaign of intrigue and drugs, and the Pyrian Fiend rejoins them from his masturpainting, uttering the distinguishing line
>"Wait wait, I just woke up. Who are we murdering again?"
In their plans for mass murder, they hear a spy at the door, and chase the spy so he won't spill the beans on their murderplans. The Fiend uses Will-Crushing Force on the spy so he's barely coherent, but at this point enough bystanders have seen that they decide to take the issue to a magistrate.

Once bystanders are out, though, they begin beating the shit out of the magistrate too, Will-Crushing Force is applied once more, and they plant goods on the spy and intimidate the magistrate into finding him guilty of theft. She's left a sobbing wreck by the end.
>Akane tilts her head, smirking as she glances over at Gwinn. "No, you will swear fealty to me," she snarls, green flames crowning her forehead and temples, before her snarl curves into a truly cruel grin. "Because if you don't, I'll give you a front row seat as my companion devours your guard there. And then starts on you. From the feet up."
I rule that this isn't "willing" for purposes of Fealty-Acknowledging Audience - but the Slayer doesn't know that IC. Trouble later!
1/2
>>
File: Painter.png (58KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
Painter.png
58KB, 166x166px
>>49738017
2/2
Drug sales are ongoing to one of the less honorable merchant houses, one of the more honorable merchant houses is dropping dark hints about how they should get the hell out of the city, and a thaumaturge has correctly identified a rising power and wants to swear fealty to the Slayer.

The patron god of the city has also taken an interest in them and requests they visit his temple. Now this god is a millennium old and cautious, and mostly wants to know what they intend in order to be able to duck out of the way while "the latest Exalt" messes shit up for a few years.
The conversation starts to go wrong about the point the god detects demonic essence with Measure the Wind and begins asking them what's up. The Hegran Scourge with Appearance 8, Int 2, Occult zero distracts from the matter by flashing tits, and the god concludes something like "Right, neomah- or agata-blooded or something, and flashing tits is easier than explaining, never mind my metaphysical questions then". The others explain the scent of demonic essence on them by saying that they fuck her a lot. And the Metagaon Scourge is biting her knuckles in lieu of really, really wanting to bite the god. (Urge.)

Off to the side, the Fiend due to his anima power may weasel out of Limit if he's pleasing to the Ebon Dragon. He's called back to Malfeas and asked to explain his little drama incident. To accurately replicate the conditions of his drama for best possible explaining, Mara touches him erotically and Erembour touches him terrifyingly and he has to explain himself to the Ebon Dragon in the dark (Have I mentioned the Ebon Dragon is a dick?) represented as a social roll + Temperance + Valor against high difficulty. Mostly gets off with 1 limit and a little mental scarring and a fearection.
>>
>>49674786
To be fair, we're also years away from any other splat.
>>
>>49738017
>Fealty-Acknowledging Audience
>An Infernal uses this Charm to accept the loyalty of others, even loyalty that is coerced or intended to be false. It brands those who so swear and forces them to fulfill their duty to their rightful Infernal overlord.
>>
>>49733752
>In fact, she and I just had a great scheduling talk with Holden Shearer about the next books for Exalted 3rd Edition, and we have set down firm dates for text delivery of the next year’s books that both we and the devs can live with and aim for.
"Dates" is there actual dates that we, the fans, can see, or is this as real as everything else these fuckers do.
>>
>>49738219
Your charm summary is wrong. The relevant clause goes:

>The character pledging loyalty need not do so happily, but must do so willingly. Insincere promises still provide a chance to use this Charm, incidentally converting deep-cover spies and moles to loyal followers as they repeat the binding lies of their oaths.

IMO, being threatened with painful death by a gang of visibly supernatural creatures who have just beaten you down physically and mentally is not 'willingly' for regular mortals. It's sincere, but not willing.
>>
>>49736830
>Dancing for a hit is not a style everyone likes or one that fits every combatant.
If you don't want to have your character work to get themselves in a good position for a killing blow (which is what's actually happening, not "dancing for a hit"), then make decisives from resting Initiative.

IIRC, somebody did some simulations, and sans Charms (maybe with excellencies?), just thwacking people with decisives over and over wins about half the time against somebody who waits to build up their init.
>>
>>49738363

Huh, that's cool to know. Though I'd point out that most Dodge charms are Perilous. I'll have to keep that in mind for my fresh Essence 1 Dawn, cause it sounds like decisives from base and Fire And Stones Strike is something I'll need to try against 7 HL enemies.
>>
>>49738450
I /might/ be wrong. It might have been that they went decisive after they landed their first successful withering. I can't find it again, annoyingly.
>>
>>49738363
Yeah, but once you add Hardness and other supernatural shit in, decisive spam loses its power.

Course Solars can spam decisives all day every day if they have high Strength and Armor-Eating Strike.
>>
>>49738463
It makes sense if you add in TAP though. Essence 1 Dawn, Awareness Excellency, Melee Excellency, Excellent Strike, and Fire and Stones Strike make decisive spam pretty attractive. If you get hit you'll get Crashed, which means you can get super easy Initiative Shifts with full Excellencies and One Weapon, Two Blows/PBT.

I'd def say that it's only really good for Ess 1 Dawns though, when enemies start getting Perilous defensive charms and you get charms of your own and such.
>>
Running a 3e game, fresh to Exalted. Where could I find a statblock for a minor God? Minor god of a place and social-, not combat- oriented, would certainly lose a fight to an Ess 1 Celestial. Was thinking of using a Fire Aspect DB for his physical prowess (I feel I can eyeball his mental/social charms and such fairly easily)
>>
>>49738755 (You)

I'm looking at the statblock for an Immaculate of Fire, this is exactly the tier of god that the Immaculates are capable of kung-fu punching into submission if they act wrongly, so maybe just use that statblock sans weapon?
>>
>>49738516
I coded the simulations myself to satisfy my autism. Mirror match between two people in medium armor with medium weapons and a spec in their weapons (using parry), 10 JB dice.

Constant decisiving (decisive whenever your init is 3+) wins ~74% of the time against biding your time (decisive whenever your init is 18+). I coded init crash and stuff, I might've fucked something up, but apparently withering attacks are a waste of time without Charms?
>>
>>49739430
(If your minimum threshold to make a decisive is 4+, it goes down to 50/50.)
>>
>>49713463
So basically, everyone there is SWILLIN
>>
>>49739430
What if you make Decisive attacks when you can kill your enemy and probably will inflict wound penalties even if you can't be assured of a lethal hit? What if you use Gambits, for instance disarm your enemy?
>>
>>49738363
I had a fight recently where I just started chaining decisive clashes, and it turned out to be pretty damned fun.
>>
>>49740509
No gambits are programmed in because lol come the fuck on dude.

I made a couple minor errors, I think, and when I fixed those it made a surprisingly big difference. The most significant was probably that I hadn't properly set the 2i/3i init loss on a missed decisive (it was always 3i) - it likely meant that the 17+ shooter had a much harder time crashing the 3i shooter than he should've, since 3i guy would constantly spend himself into crash (even though he wasn't actually crashing, RAW), and self-inflicted crash wasn't modeled because I forgot about it and it's a pain and (now that I've fixed that) doesn't happen.

Anyway, here's the new numbers:
3+ versus 4+: 3+ wins ~53% of the time.
3+ versus 18+: 3+ wins ~65% of the time.
3+ versus "whenever your HLs are less than or equal to my current Initiative + 2": Longname wins ~52% of the time.
Longname versus 18+: Longname wins 52% of the time.
4+ versus 18+: 18+ wins 52% of the time.

So yeah. If you want to make a ton of decisives, it's a perfectly viable, even pretty damn good, strategy.
>>
>>49740941
Do those numbers change if the combatants are using full Melee Excellencies/Parry Excellencies? Would even just 5 mote drip spent on Excellencies change things?
>>
>>49736679
pros:3e runs better
cons:it's empty as fuck and likely to be 20 years before we get the splats to fill it out, people are homebrewing 2e to run in it but some things transfer poorly, devs are ascended former homebrewers rebooting the world to remove (badwrongfun)things that they disliked and fellate things their favorites(picture if earthscorp somehow ended up in charge of 4e and then add a bit MORE obnoxiousness to account for their compulsive shitting on 2e)
>>
>>49741008
>>49740941
1-point stunts are easy af to get for melee attacks as well, does that change things having an extra 2 dice on all attacks?
>>
>>49736443

Hello friend! I have just the material for you!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit

Go down to chapter three and look for the players section which is the charm breakdown, where you'll find detailed information on what each basic charm combos can do for you in this case and what seems cool.

Not completely comprehensive, as 3e is made in a way that its hard to make a bad character.
>>
>>49741008
Couple quick tests suggests not really.

Full ex on attack/parry:
3+ versus 4+: 3+ wins ~52% of the time.
3+ versus 18+: 3+ wins ~62% of the time.
3+ versus the Health Level Targeter: 3+ wins ~51%
Health Level Man versus 18+: 18+ wins ~51%
4+ versus 18+: 18+ wins ~51% of the time.

>>49741062
You can also get a one-point stunt for Parry, as well.

But, 1-dot stunt on attacks, not defense:
3+ versus 4+: 50/50 or close enough.
3+ versus 18+: 3+ wins ~55% of the time.
3+ versus HLman: HLman wins ~51% of the time.
HLMan versus 18+: HLman wins ~53% of the time.
4+ versus 18+: 4+ wins ~53% of the time.
>>
>>49738043
...so the dm responded to his complaints of being raped by other players by raping him themself as punishment?
>>
>>49738755

Gods in this edition are literally made up on the spot. Not only that their powers will vary depending on what their purview is (AKA: What they're the god of).

Can you give any more details about the god?
>>
>>49741130
Stunts on attacks (I mentioned attacks because they're a lot easier to come up with every turn than parry stunts) help 18+ vs 3+? Huh, I didn't expect that. I guess it sent 3+ into Crash more often?
>>
>>49741137
THE RAPING SHALL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
>>
>>49741137
Being erotically touched by Mara is only sexual assault, not rape.
>>
>>49741165
Basically cribbing Costora from Keychain, recruiting his help to deal with a Defiler that's set up shop in a sea cove on his beach with the promise of bringing in more beachgoers. The description of Incas Prefecture's beach pretty much begged for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 355x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 355x364px
So, this idea got kicked around for laughs on the Exalted discord, and I felt like sharing this here.

We were kicking around the idea of breeding an army of Mice of the Sun, using sorcery/survival charms to train them and buff them up, then just release them into the nearest Deathlord's shadowlands.

Imagine it. The little fuckers -everywhere-, they breed so fast it's hard to exterminate them, they get bonuses against Creatures of Darkness so sometimes they'll just mob-rush your ghosts and zombie servants, they chew through your shit and you have to make constant repairs, you can't keep them out of anything cause they have access to some Larceny charms, including the one that lets you pick any lock, they probably shit aaaalll over the place, and to top it off when they die they explode in a burst of solar fire, so you can't even turn them into zombies to kill the survivors. Plus, they can gain sustenance from acts of compassion or courage (such as hindering a Deathlord in his own home), so starving them isn't viable either.

Just imagine it /exg/, imagine the absolute hate that Deathlord would feel for these damn mice and whoever brought them in, or the smug troll-face the cockbag solar that brought them in would make after his pets start to really annoy the fuck out of the Deathlord.
>>
File: Costora.png (139KB, 912x938px) Image search: [Google]
Costora.png
139KB, 912x938px
>>49741220
Forgot pic
>>
File: Eyes of Heaven.png (443KB, 899x601px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes of Heaven.png
443KB, 899x601px
>>49741220
>Basically cribbing Costora from Keychain
>tfw this will never be the last scene in KoC because he posted that stupid perfect delivery gag

Still fuming
>>
Does anybody have that storyteller advice google docs file that was flying around here for a while?
>>
>>49741671

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sG52v0QCij7-vI0Y3Mb2s2gusu8dfkzdUOLkmMshw3Q/edit

I wrote it, so I'm curious. Any area you're checking up on it in particular?
>>
>>49741933
You brightened my day, you cutie
>>
>>49741137
Player here. Guess what mate, i play exalted. The game where was an official (if April fools) supplement orbiting around fucking, where there are magical robots that have genitals, where there are at least a dime dozen things in each book where it becomes obvious the dev was typing it with one hand.
My gripe was fully IC, given a megalomaniac prideful individualistic demigod does not like being in a situation where he is degraded and doing things against his will.
>>
>>49742398
You're obviously not that guy. Probably the rapist or something
>>
>>49742517
Tehcnically we are both rapists, because due to the aphrodisiac drug poison she threw one me i raped her after force choking her into unconsciousness.
>>
>>49743005
So glad I don't play at your table.
>>
>>49743083
Same goes for me.
>>
>>49673284
I have a question. Thematically, the Unconquerable sun was created as the perfect expression of the 4 virtues. How can a being with perfect Temperance get stuck playing wow for Eternity ?
>>
>>49743731
hes the best at EVERYTHING ...including being a crackhead

so it canceles out
>>
>>49743731

Due to the fact that he is the perfect expression of two sets of contradicting virtues, he is able to suppress them as needed in order to function properly, or at his leisure if he wants to play games. However, this diminishes his power in appropriate ways for as long as that virtue is suppressed.
>>
>>49743731
The Cosmic Xbox defeats even perfect Virtue

Sol was so perfect, he even failed better than everyone else.
>>
>>49743731
>How can a being with perfect Temperance get stuck playing wow for Eternity ?
This thing dominated Primourdials. Adorjan that was, was so addicted their thoughts were wrapped up in the games.

What chance did Sol have?
>>
>>49743731
Dont think too hard about it. The Games are pretty much a deus ex machina to put the Incarnae out of the picture, so the plot can advance. Having Sol and co up and about ruins most of the big threats in the game, and almost small ones.
>>
>>49743731

He perfectly embodies each of the Virtues, but he can choose to suppress one or more in order to act when Virtues conflict. This also suppresses his corresponding powers related to them (Most notably suppressing Temperance removes his invulnerability). Also it's heavily implied that he simply burned out on Creation after witnessing the corruption of the Solars and decided Creation wasn't worth saving. The Syndics of Whitewall hope that by making their city as utopian as possible they can convince the Sun that humanity is worth saving after all.

In short, the Sun's perfect embodiment of Temperance means that he could choose to break his addiction, but his addiction is preventing him for breaking his addiction for now.
>>
>>49743005
Your game sounds fun.
>>
Are there any homebrew rules for War Striders in 3rd ed?
>>
>>49744160
yeah basically this. The incarne need to be there but there also need to be reasons they dont just walk into thorns and suplex mask of winters
>>
>>49743731
Personally? He's still shaken by the actions of the solars in the first age. He's uncertain if their creation was a good idea and if they're worthy to bear his power. Hes waiting for the current age for them to either prove themselves or damn themselves.
>>
>>49743731
He risked his life and gave up an enormous portion of himself to create the Solar Exalted, to overthrow the Primordials, who made him to be an eternal slave forced to manage Creation. Once that was done, he and the other Incarnae gave the Exalted Host the collective responsibility for watching over Creation.

Presumably he's not particularly interested in running Creation, nor is it really his responsibility.
>>
>>49743731
That is pretty simple. Take Glories of the Most High, then throw it in the trash.

The incarnae's portrayal in Games of Divinity is pretty ambiguous about their motives, virtue, and such. All that is really known or relevant is that they are far more powerful than any other god.

The four virtues were dumb and I'm glad they're gone.
>>
>>49745968
does say something though when you stage a horrific revolution specifically to fuck off and somehow manage to have your negligence be WORSE than the primordial's negligence. ho is the sun even loved as much as he is? dudes worse than malfeas. sentient biodiversity took a huge hit, half of creation stopped existing, doom plague killed 98%...and hes just sitting there with his two dicks in double fisted grips but supposedly is this well meaning loving father figure who believes in us...and went to buy smokes and never came back, I'm sure he'll be here some day with a really cool story about how he was delayed and had to go on an odyssey/quest to find his way back(and bum some money from us before vanishing again)
>>
>>49741933
I just saw it for the first time and quite enjoyed it! The Custom Charm stuff could and should be an entire guide on its own: Exalted's reliance on DIY has been a big roadblock for me.
>>
>>49673284
dear /exg/ what is the SECOND best smith class in exalted?
(yes i know solars are the best smiths)
>>
>>49747310

Exigent of Smithing
>>
>>49747221

I'm glad it was useful. The Dev's seem to have this big idea where custom charms become easier when Exigents come out, forgetting that it doesn't help the people who are in a game *right now*.

Looking to past books is a good idea for enemy and possibly enemy charms at least. Just today I found the mist demon in the West Compass to be useful for an upcoming game.
>>
>>49747310
infernals?
>>
Quick question, what was the state of that infernal 3e homebrew? is it usable, still being worked on, or abandoned>
>>
>>49748020

Still being worked on. Trying to build up some motivation before going back into it. I want to complete it before Christmas, or at least before my dad finally succumbs to his illness, either or.

In the meantime, someone did offer to do the Kimbery tree for me. I've yet to throw it into my homebrew, but its fairly solid.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12MmrxhLBQb_K4e-MA50oajnj07Px8TQpwYXUzqaZfsQ/edit

In terms of the Infernal document itself, Malfeas was more of a proof of concept and something I'd like to return to and rejigger. SWL/Cecelyne/Adorjan are things I'm fairly happy with at least in a final draft way.
>>
>>49743731
He suppresses it. Anyone can suppress virtues regardless how high they are.
>>
>>49748623
In fact, everyone else has to spend a willpower to suppress a Virtue, the UCS doesn't have to spend willpower but loses some swanky powers depending on the Virtue for a scene.

So in a way, the Sun is more of an embodiment of Free Will than the Virtues, for at any time he can choose to act the way he wants.
>>
Here's food for thought, the games of divinity is something that makes all who have played it become dependent on it. It forces being of great power and restraint like the primordials, Sol, Luna, and the maidens to burn with a desire to play them that can't be suited or suppressed. Going back to the games after one use in inevitable and it clearly forces the player to develop an intimacy to it.

Who created such a potent and dangerous "artifact" and why? It's clear that being a great unbreakable addiction machine was the intention. What being would desire that all of creations rulers and masters would become addicts to the games and turn to misrule to preserve their addiction?

Oh hi ebby
>>
>>49748779
Primordials are not ensnared in it as the Incarnae are, Adrian was unique in being hopelessly addicted to the Games.

The Primordials crafted it as their own version of the Shining Answer, the answer to despair. They basically made it because they were bored out of their fucking mind and since it was designed to entertain beings whose soul is so vast it must be represented by dozens of unique beings any lesser being is absolutely entranced by it.

The Unconquered Sun in particular is obsessed with it because it transcends his perfection. He is perfection idealized, every second he exists he gets more and more perfect leaving what he was before only a pale imitation of what he is now while still being having always been
perfect. The Games however somehow fuck this up, he perfectly calculates every move until he finds the perfect move, THE best move of which there cannot possibly be an answer, and yet the Games answer in some way that defies perfection itself. To a being who has never once failed at anything it is a heady feeling indeed, to actually be challenged and possibly bested is something the Sun can find no where else, in Creation, the Wyld, or any other realm of existence.
>>
>>49741240
>>49741232
>lunar tits
Lunar best waifu
>>
>>49746871
That's basically accurate. Sol wasn't made to be a leader- he was the Primordial's shiny killbot. I figure being a being of perfect, contradictory virtues has fucked him up in the head pretty bad, because basically the second he won he dropped creation like a hot potato and pissed off to Yu-Shan. Honestly. it casts a really shady angle on the whole justification for the Primordial War, the way the Incarnae basically abandoned their duties after winning to pleasure themselves.
>>
File: 1347534668207.jpg (79KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1347534668207.jpg
79KB, 600x750px
Is the Lunar homebrew any good?
>>
>>49749554
Ask Dewey
>>
>>49749564
Who?
>>
File: 1431786940192.png (919KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1431786940192.png
919KB, 1024x768px
>>49749570
>Is the Lunar homebrew any good?
>>
>>49749583
>>49749564
If I wanted to be jerked around I'd hire a prostitute. Or a Neomah.
>>
>>49695531
>Ghost Ghostman, Ghoster of Ghosts, And Sometimes Other Undead, But Mostly Ghosts.
made me laugh harder than it should have.
>>
>>49748020
Is there one that isn't ability based? Yozi trees like the original?
>>
>>49750786
of course. the one they're talking about. where did you even find one that was ability based? afik there is only one. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qp1rHy1Tm-jQBWEtPIj1G4JSol9xYFCRBEnZZKNm1K4/edit?pref=2&pli=1 this is the good one trying to preserve the 2e version's structure and most fluff (which is great because it is far far better than the 3e solar trash from the preview and the author needs to continue and know we love it;)
>>
>>49750859
but you know...after spending time with his dad and stuff. continue it /eventually/. could take 10 years and they'd beat the 3e devs
>>
>>49751295
(gender neutral his because i don't know the author's gender and singular they is stupid, also the precedent from every other language I know of makes male default for mixed groups) somehow I slipped up and used singular they at the end there
>>
Black jade is often found at the bottom of the ocean, right? How is it mined from there?
>>
>>49753066
Water Aspects.
Automata.
Summoned elementals.
>>
>>49753146

Also Wyld mutants that can breath underwater.
>>
>>49754859
if we're counting them we should probably mention genesis projects and pulling it out of your ass with wyld shaping during the first age, and scavenging
>>
>>49753146
>>49754859
If I wanted to have a hellhole prison camp extracting black jade, would it be in any way feasible? More specifically, I'm thinking of a Shogunate era prison camp that's part of the history of a Western locale I'll probably never get to actually use. Would a place like that make any sense? Would the Shogunate have had any use for mortal prisoners in a black jade-extracting operation? Or would it be more believable if the prison camp was mostly for spirit-blooded, Exalts, Wyld mutants and such, who might have some natural means of working underwater?
>>
>>49695531 >>49696617
>Bone Puppet Dance
doot doot motherfucker
>>
>>49696107
EXACTLY!
theres something very wrong here...
>>49696617
weall have a skeleton lurking inside us. shadowing our every move. waiting.
>>
>>49755146
depends on if they were playing hermit crab with a 1st age ruin built atop a black jade vein or something to make working underwater feasible I guess. the nice part of that is you get to also ask "what was the complex originally for?" the bad thing is it's slightly improbable, but this is exalted. we have heroin pissing dinosaurs, so fuck it.
>>
>>49755146
Stick the mortals in a diving bell. That seems appropriately hellhole-prison-camp-ish.
>>
So the ranks in Malfeas are something like
>serf (most 1C demons)
>citizen (some 1C demons, all 2C demons)
>stranger (visitors under their own power)
>peer (Infernals)
>unquestionable (3C demons)

with demon-blooded inheriting the rank of their parent demon.

What about infernal-blooded half-castes (and possibly other wards and relatives of Infernals)? What category should they fall into? I figure they obviously wouldn't inherit peer status, but putting them on a level with citizens also feels wrong, and they're hardly strangers.
>>
>>49755894

Strangers fit in anywhere based on their own power level, while Infernals fit in wherever they like and may speak to the Yozi themselves, though the Yozi don't appreciate being called upon constantly.

The "grand-chosen" of the Yozi are no doubt useful, but not especially so. They may be able to carve out their own niche in Malfeas, or they may simply leave, as the are not bound by the surrender oaths.
>>
File: exaltation of the stick.png (156KB, 1100x420px) Image search: [Google]
exaltation of the stick.png
156KB, 1100x420px
Is this an accurate representation of Infernals?
>>
>>49756881
Sounds about right. Infernals even have four souls (hun, po, exaltation, coadjutor).
>>
>>49756881
Kinda, they get their power by having the chance to be a hero and fucking up/wimping out
>>
>>49756943
eh. they don't really... hun and po are both V((the purple elf) sentience and animating force), exaltation is more like being grafted into an evangelion than it is a soul, and the coadjutor is just some random parasite.
>>
>>49757055
so two souls, one superweapon, and one parasite/imaginary friend(depends on how well you get along)
>>
>>49757055
parasites tend not to get in their host's face and talk to them.
>>
>>49757055
I'm not saying their roles match, I'm saying the number is a funny coincidence.
>>
>>49750859
not that there isn't also room for a different take on a 2e port, having multiple options to combine lets you shore them up. not sure I like the infernal DBT for example, but the rest is great and it should be easy enough to splice an alternate version into this if somebody made it.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.