[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sound-Absorbing Tiles I hope your game-room is sound proof.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: sound_isolation_4.jpg (1MB, 1633x1225px) Image search: [Google]
sound_isolation_4.jpg
1MB, 1633x1225px
>Sound-Absorbing Tiles

I hope your game-room is sound proof.
>>
>>49672762
No, but my basement is. You can never hear the screams.
>>
Isn't sound-proofing mad expensive?
>>
Your suggestion comes at most convenient time.
What's the price tag? Preferably in europoor money.
>>
>>49672796
If you're aiming for scientific level, yeah.

Taping your walls with foam and paper egg trays should be on the affordable side.
>>
>>49672762
Those look incredibly schway and I want them. Where can I get them?
>>
>>49672762
Why?
>>
>>49672796
Not really. You can get packs of foam soundproofing panels for less than $50, and they can be spaced out pretty far and still work.
>>
I like that they are hexagonal, very convenient, just paint them the right colors and you can have Catan-themed room to Catan in.
>>
>>49672796
>>49672878
to add to this, you only need to put sound absorbing material in key areas to have a large reduction in sound.

(namely the direction of the speakers)
>>
I actually find sound proof rooms uncomfortable to be in. The panels are just... wrong. My uni has soundproof panels lining the walls of the lecture halls and standing next to them is just immensely unpleasant to me.
>>
File: d57cb4eb6a92423f3ad451645c27ec6f.jpg (376KB, 1024x2048px) Image search: [Google]
d57cb4eb6a92423f3ad451645c27ec6f.jpg
376KB, 1024x2048px
>asking to be raped by the bee queen
>>
>>49672838
That sounds like a lot of work for...what benefit exactly?
>>
>>49672917
I find that standing next to some panels we have at work makes my brain think the ear facing them has gotten plugged.
>>
>>49672938
a reduction of sound, pay attention anon.
>>
>>49672952
And I need this...why?
>>
>>49672954
because you are too loud, obviously.
>>
>>49672954
Generally because something noisy is happening inside and you don't want people outside to be bothered by that. Or the other way around.
>>
>>49672954

I can hear you from here, and I don't even live on your planet.
>>
>>49672762
You might be thinking of a different kind of "game"
>>
File: 1468093700553.jpg (180KB, 889x899px) Image search: [Google]
1468093700553.jpg
180KB, 889x899px
>>49673020

Catan?
>>
>>49672969

The old games we played in our dorm netted us noise complaints on the regular. And it always sucks when you have neighbor noise interrupting your game.
>>
>>49672783
of joy?
>>
>>49672796
the expense is proportional to the quality.

I recommend hanging decorative quilts and deep pile shag carpet remnants behind that stapled to the walls...

it looks good, and it insulates you in the winter chill

>>49672878
deep shag carpet is cheaper if you know where to look

AND you can stroke the furry wall.

>>49672917
>>49672950
I actually find that to be a soothing feeling...
>>
>>49673340
>>49673340
>furry wall
Sounds like a stormniggers fantasy, a wall of mounted fur suits
>>
>>49673692
I was making a joke about a movie line I heard once...in my version the walls are furry but they have a layer of decorative quilt over them so we don't need to see them.

my granny had a small business making quilts...I like quilts...

especially her Denim Soul quilts...
>>
>>49673739
I also remember a similar joke, it was on some show on Disney.
>quilts
AH HELL YEAH
I still have quilts my great grandma made. Albiet, they're a bit itchy, as they weren't the wealthiest, and made in mor of the "recycle clothes" style
>>
>>49673779
>and made in mor of the "recycle clothes" style
thats what granny Monotreeme's "Denim Soul" quilts were.

she would collect all of the used partially shredded, faded, oily work-pants from her children and grandchildren, infused as they were with sawdust, oil from skin and countless machines, sweat, slag, blood, dirt from roads and fields across dozens of states...

and she'd make quilts out of those, a quilt for a single bed that could roll up into a 20 pound bundle you could beat a cow to death with. they are so heavy that sleeping under one is the most secure feeling you could have.

and even when it's feet deep snow outside they can be warm.

that shit is like MAGICAL man...

>tl;dr
big heavy quilts make GREAT sound deadeners for rooms.
especially if you get a good holder for them. that doubles them over and still leaves a little bit of gap between quilt and wall
>>
>>49673895
I know man, its great. Its often something my bard would do, make quilts from the cloth of enemies armor, and wheel them around, selling them at cut rates, made him really popular, and its something I did with a street samurai, is that they always wear a quilt, going for the samurai jack/clint eastwood look
>>
>>49674005
yeah...just imagine selling a quilt to a man, made from the clothes of his slaughtered family...

or the uses a wizzard has for such a thing...
"every patch is a friend to me, and with it I can find them anywhere"

or a necromancer...
"these patches are made from the shrouds of the dead, they summon forth the vengeful spirits of generals, kings, warriors of renown, and wizards of greater strength"
>>
>>49674071
comfy take on the necromancer
>these are all imbued with souls to afraid to pass on, so they have come to me, and they make great company, as well as handy extra hands.
>>
>>49674117
a necromancer grandma, with a comphy den to sew in, her house is in perfect order, pale quilts sewn with thread-of-gold a thing she seems to have in limitless supply.

to a wizard or a detector of magic the whole house BLAZES with power, with souls. spirits of carpenters defend the wood, cobblers souls maintain her shoes and boots, a quilt of Smiths keep her kitchen knives sharp, her pots and pans and soup cauldron have nary a dent. a quilt made from hunting jackets means she never has to really work for her meat, and on and on and on...

...just don't go into the basements or if you do, don't ask about the fine leather quilts...
>>
>>49674216
>>49674117
especially since sewing needles in that time were made of BONE, and sinew can be thread as much as cotton or wool.

then of course there is less othodox things like making summoning artifacts from hair...
>>
>>49674278
AH YES
this is good shit friendo
>>
>>49674216
> the quilt of jackets rolls it self up in a humanoid shape, and goes out hunting, bringing the various components the grandmother needs.
>secretly shes a lich, and has been using many magics to try to make herself human, at least in the emotional way.
>>
>>49674216
I actually imagined it in more of a Stand way, the persons soul comes out of the patch, takes a psuedo physical form
>>
>>49674801
I sort of have a fetish for having minions...I live the BDSM lifestyle because of it, I have an apprentice because of it, Necromancers have always been my JAM...

>>49674843
that doesn't seem to be a thing for making a not!person human, but more a petty use of magic for conveniences sake...

>>49674862
don't know what a "stand" is...

I just came up with and like the idea of Granny Patches/Patchwork/Scraps(which would be a good last name?)
>>
File: Guardiandemonpower.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Guardiandemonpower.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>49672762
I read the OP as:

>Soul-Absorbing Tiles

My game-room will soon be soul proof.
>>
>>49675038
that is right fitting to the necromantic tapestries...I bet they soul-proof a room real gud
>>
>>49672762
>fashion geek shit
lolno, I don't play games or decorate my house to impress others or feel special.
>>
>>49674984
NIGGA I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK A STAND IS
I said like a Stand, not as a stand. Essentially the people appear as they were before being enshrined and that's how the spirits do work.
>>
>>49675099
...there was supposed to be an "I" at the beginning of that...

*I* don't know what a "stand" is
>>
>>49675132
Oh, sorry
A stand is a representation of a persons spirit, often only weilded by persons of exceptional emotional and spiritual strength. The way it stands beside a person when summoned is why they were given the name Stand. They are invisible to everyone but other users, and can posses numerous powers.
>>
>>49675210

So, a tulpa that's actually useful?
>>
>>49672762
>using hexes indoors
You are just asking for troubles.
>>
>>49676299
don't be silly, they look easily replaceable...no troubles even with wine-stains

each hex contains the powdered remains of a warriors skull, because badass...
>>
Quality quilt thread
>>
>>49672938
Really shitty sound treatment. Really don't know why you'd need it for gaming, but it's pretty much necessary for a jam situation.
>>
>>49672878
DO pay extra for the flame retardant stuff tho, the cheap shit ignites like a supernova and releases a hefty amount of monoxide and hydrogen cyanide gas while its going
>>
>>49682951
Isn't the flame retardant stuff super toxic too?
>>
File: 4202.jpg (111KB, 912x600px) Image search: [Google]
4202.jpg
111KB, 912x600px
>>49672762
Reminds me how my family used to have these silly foam floor pads we'd line the garage with (because who actually uses their garage to house their car?).
The leftovers we'd keep in a guest/lego/rotational sleep room. Whenever we had to look after the neighbor's kids, or when my sister and I were bored, we'd take the pads and make boxes and forts and things.

Good times.

Maybe once I move to a proper house I'll see if I can find more of those and line the floor and walls of my game room with them.
>>
>>49672762
Are they cum proof?
>>
>>49677664
What will you do when the inquisition busts down your door?
>>
>>49683240
"the emperor values thrift brother inquisitor, I am but making use of these resources"
>>
>>49675886
The fuck is a tulpa
>>
>>49684487
a mental construct.
>>
>>49684487
Think imaginary friend, but for adults.
>>
>>49674984
I can understand the minion thing. I've always loved the idea of summoning an army to deal with your pest problems, but that might just be because I enjoy RTS games
>>
>>49672927
The bee queen is trapped in her home with an elite cadre of drones servicing her every need while repeatedly inseminating her. We're talking an entirely different fetish, buddy.
>>
>>49686421
>elite cadre of drones servicing her every need
you mean serving, right?
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 285x177px
>>49686844
I used this image less than 10 minutes ago to express a similar notion about sodomy...
>>
>>49672762
it was but then we found out Gary had been luring kids down there so now its right out front where anybody walking by can see right in
>>
>>49672888
Imagine what the "do you catan" guy would do in s catan themed sound proof room
>>
>>49673895
Who is your grandmother and how can I buy one of those. I have been needing something like this my hole life
>>
>>49686881
It was a funny post
>>
>>49672762
What good are these?
>>
>>49692291
she's too old to make them any more, I just barely got one myself, and I'll murder you before you can have mine...
sh
>>
>>49672954
Deboning tends to get loud and messy
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.