[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adults playing child adventures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1469340496749.jpg (2MB, 1000x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1469340496749.jpg
2MB, 1000x1045px
I'm hosting a game of Runequest that's homebrewed to fuck and my players want to play child characters, they are all nobles belonging to different elven families living in trees

It's basically Naruto as the way I made magic was Arcane being illusionary and the second hardest to learn, Zhuf magic the bending of reality and blood magic being hereditary spells.

Everyone has their own special blood magic hereditary line, players have family back stories they wrote themselves from edgy to funny

What the fuck kind of adventures can kids do in an anachronistic setting with all this? I've played with these players before and they are all brilliant roleplayed but I've no clue what I can send them to do that isn't mundane or unreasonable for children

Can you help me /tg/? This isn't my magical realm but I'm not willing to let my players down after the work they put in.
>>
>>49669412
well, define child in terms relevant to elves.
are they equivalent to human children, teenagers, high school juniors/seniors, or twenty year olds. i am over 40 and consider most people under 25 to be kids. especially if and when they behave like children.
>>
>>49670188
Age is around 14ish in human years
>>
>>49669412
Depending on how strong these kids are, I'd make them do regular kid things. Not quite dungeon delving, but maybe they go for a picnic or adventure or something and they find a lone goblin. Have them try to sneak some other party member who's grounded out of their house, or maybe they want to hunt rabbits for dinner and they attacked by a wolf.

Disclaimer: I'm not good at this and you shouldn't take anything I say seriously.
>>
File: doublehorse.jpg (70KB, 634x454px) Image search: [Google]
doublehorse.jpg
70KB, 634x454px
>>49669412
Stark children

Layer the game. Have an adult level that is kept from the characters, a shared level of things youngsters get to be involved with, and a secret understanding the characters have at their age of things they should not concern themselves with but nonetheless must because it's there. Simply describe the first level in narration, the second level in dialogue, and the third level in meta talk / OOC. Then create a tragedy that cannot freely cross those lines so navigating them becomes relevant.

The blood magic part seems central. It signifies heritage and lineage. It distinguishes the PCs from another. Use it to develop story. Have some paths open to one but closed to another. Design challenges that require cooperation between different kinds of blood magic. Make those skills fit the world and the story. Don't make it too obvious but this is where themes can come from to flavor your campaign by coming back to patterns or symbols from different angles.

Have a mundane reason for the kids to be somewhere, have them witness something they shouldn't have seen, then create dissonance if they don't tell or pose another invitation by having them witness more.
>>
>>49669412
Few people realize but the teenage years back in the middle ages were considered fit for combat, so make it to where they are a lost regiment trying to get back to their town after a nasty defeat in which their king died or something
>>
>>49674290
Squire Squad assemble!
>>
>>49669412
Have a few adventures where they're running around slaying dragons with dad always scrying to make sure they don't get in over their head.
>>
>>49669412
Take a page out of FFTactics.

They're important, obviously going to be strong because of their families, and the best thing to do is to train them young.
Military academies, putting groups together based on family alliances and complementing powers, then exercises and low-danger missions with oversight. Until shit hits the fan of course, then it's all too real and they have to man up, kick ass, and remember that as the visible force of their family the things they do have political repercussions.
>>
>>49674384
It really depends on their status what they would do, the wealthy would be able to send their children to squire for a knight while the poor were typically footman
>>
I just bought rune quest from my lfgs . What are the basics of the game? I'm not going to lie the instruction manual was intimidating when I first opened it up.

I also have the characters from dungeon quest as well with the. Rune quest cards.
>>
File: Valiant_Crew.jpg (30KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
Valiant_Crew.jpg
30KB, 692x530px
They embark on an academy ship as training officers. When they're far from home war breaks out. During the first enemy contact the officers are killed and the recruits have to take command.

Now they have a ship, a war, and a problem getting home. What more could they want?
>>
>>49674561
It's d% roll under for everything.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.