[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Floors General.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 19

File: FLOORS_SHEET6a.png (2MB, 2100x1980px) Image search: [Google]
FLOORS_SHEET6a.png
2MB, 2100x1980px
IN order to reduce non-canon chatter a general thread will exist for such a purpose. However it is only encouraged and not enforced that you do so.
>>
One day that last blanked out class will be revealed and all will be well

I would like it to be this floor.
>>
>>49667900
Continued From

>>49648689
>>
>>49667900
Never, sarge. Never.
>>
Why does your quest need two threads to itself?
>>
>>49668517
It doesn't. Pretty clearly one thread is going to auto-sage in five minutes, and so there won't be two threads.
>>
>>49668517
It's not really a quest, and because it takes a shitton of work to process, and we need to have all the moves in one thread to do so. Meanwhile people still want to post, so while the actual thread is sliding off the board, we'll have this.
Don't worry, we're not short on threadspace on this board, unpopular threads will always slide off and we've got enough junk to go around. You can make one yourself if you like.
>>
Other thread's hit the limit. Prepare for impact!
>>
File: Prison Bestiary.png (205KB, 1372x812px) Image search: [Google]
Prison Bestiary.png
205KB, 1372x812px
http://imgur.com/a/wCDpg

I'm compiling all of the up-to-date information that I can manage into an album, which will be updated throughout phases and turns when I have the time. Posting the bestiary information in the thread right now so then it's here for easy reference.
>>
>>49667900
Reminder to players, the boxes have two charges each. They can return the stuff to two users. Please don't grab them if you're a newbie, as we have enormous methods to give you guys much better gear than your starting gear, and some of the vets, like coffee and our summoners, are so item dependant that they become next to useless without them. I'm exempting myself from this, I'll just kill shit with my fists if I have too (of course it means my entire item advancement barring my armor for the entire game is shot...).

Vets who are dropping from the rat race in favor of newbies? Give me the heads up here. All I ask is that somebody gives me an iron maiden and some chains so I can start making shit for the rest of you with life sentence.

This request obviously vanishes if the other choice is letting the boxes be destroyed like the one Jenny aced, but all the same. Keep in mind that the guys best capable of keeping us all alive are currently the most gimped.
>>
>>49670994
>also reminder we might be on a volgon core ship, which we could modify to life sentence the bismuth whale into the most bitchin' weapon ever then use that to kill the mal... Just a thought.
>>
>>49670994

See that's great, but to date the only way to get a pair of binoculars is to start with them and I kind of really want them back.
>>
>>49671042
I imagine Trigger could get you a pair with his weapons contract, that appears to cover all Volgon supplies.
>>
>>49671042
Do you need them more than coffee needs all the shit that actually enables him to use any of his class abilities at all?

How about for Meave or Jackie to summon astral entities to tip the battle into our balance?

Look, these are suggestions. It's a team play game, and if you want to grab your shit, go for it. I certainly am not going to judge you for it. Advancement is hard enough as it is in this game and starting off gimped sucks.

But some of us lost everything, if you're only looting a crate for one object, that's kinda dick when some of us would recover 6 or so items. Consider the consequences of doing it. Don't just do it as a reflex.
>>
>>49671262
Also, don't think I'm not practicing what I preach :S I've screwed over my personal advancement for the good of the team before, and I'll do it again. I'm a hunter. 90% of my job is making sure that the team advances at my personal expense. I give up kills to make sure the team advances, I forgo loot to make sure the enemy can't attack those who do the looting. 90% of the time I use life sentence, it will be to gear up a different person.

Because I know my personal advancement will not insure my survival near so well as insuring that the team as a whole is better for it. It's why since turn 1 of my first floor I prioritize the lives of higher level players and guides over just about anybody else. Because I know Jackie or Poka or Jenny living where I die is better for the team, for the Hunt.
>>
>>49671356
>of course I'm gonna be salty as fuck if I lose fucking nihelfaust and then can't recover it from the damn llama
>>
>>49671262

Let's run down the list shall we.

>More than Coffee
Coffee's stuff is replaceable. Water is abundant and crystals while rare are findable. Binoculars are only found so far by deploying as a militia.

>More than Meave or Jackie
Both are entirely capable of tipping the balance
in our favor without summoning anything. So yes once again I would say a pair of binoculars only found by deploying as militia are more valuable than a few crystals and some books/wands that are easily looted.

My point, in case you've missed it up till now, is that binoculars are only found in ONE place. Where as everything else that everyone else is missing was looted off the floor or bought from a merchant. The only none replaceable bits where those pulled from the fusion pot. So that puts a pair of binocular's value as high as your nihelfaust.
>>
>>49671042
>>49671192
That I can do.

Hell, I can even get you the SHINIER, MKII versions with the wonky IR interface and the constant low-key humming that goes straight through your cranium and into your frontal lobes and eradicates the need for sleep at only a minor 83% increased predilication towards raving psychotic breakdown.

But yeah in general speaking of Item Recovery - the VPS can deliver. Which is to say I can deliver, at mere cost of some ZNY.

Arms, guns, bullets, grenades and gadgets only. Proper Volga Gear. Sorry, I can't help with magic books, spells, runes, blood, medical equipment, ghoul grafts, scythes, wands, hoodies, shoes, so on, so forth, all that, bricabrack. That's not really my forte. I can get crystals and shards of aether at a *hefty* premium, but it's certainly possible.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - I run a banking scheme. Pay in, and you can get stuff to benefit us. So if you have some spare ZNY, toss it my way.

Moony donated 400zny! And that got Jenny a mace, which has so far saved /my/ life, Runas, Norin and Livia and even gotten our Slayer back up into wall-smashing mode. I consider that a pretty good investment. It's short term, since after this little escapade I should hopefully be able to generate some on my own.

My superpower is turning money into weapons. I know holding on to your zny is a natural tendency, but right now we might want to fast-order a whole bunch of weapons. Then we can use those to make more zny for everyone, wooh.

>>49671548
That seems like very odd logic, sorry. "Looted easily" is not easy at all when you have no ability to defend yourself, which mages without books do not. Irreplacable magical artefact weapons that have consumed liters of ressources and sweat are more valuable than starting items. So far we haven't seen a molotov in any shop. Does that make molotovs super valuable?

As for binocs, they should be pretty easy to replace. It's a starting item. I can get you a pair, I think.
>>
For those interested, I'm perfectly happy to give my daggers away. Agent8 is gonna get one thrown at him, leaving three up for grabs.
>>
>>49671654
I could use some daggers since it seems I don't have my starting items
>>
>>49671616

As evidenced by Meave killing Bloom last phase neither she nor Jackie are unarmed or incapable of defending themselves. What they are lacking is the full versatility they once had and in time can regain. So, yes a pair of binoculars you only think you can replace is just as valuable as their books. Also yes Moltovs are super valuable, they're just easily substituted by a mage.
>>
>>49671840
I am currently unarmed and I have no items in my bag besides the chalk I made from bone dust and spit. Anyone who doesn't have items on hand have only has their armor on. Meave was simply lucky enough to start out with her book.

Hetros and Trigger are correct in the fact that those missing higher level gear should go first. Your starter items are not more valuable than things that took several floors to get. Please stop arguing as if they were.
>>
>>49671727
You've run a ways past me, so no promises on getting one next turn. Turn after for sure, unless you've found something better (or I'm dead).
>>
File: BusSketch20161005.png (363KB, 406x509px) Image search: [Google]
BusSketch20161005.png
363KB, 406x509px
>>49671840
I'm not posting to argue about anything. I just wanted to add that I think there's a fair chance that standard issue milizen items can be requisitioned from the Postal Service.
>>
>>49671616

You are currently blowing up a box with your grenade launcher and I am not sure if that hellmarine bomb will or won't blow up the other. I'm going to try seeing if I can't get my stuff from the box I'm hopefully standing on, otherwise that's an umbrella and some blood you owe me.
>>
>>49671930

I am arguing as if a piece of equipment I have no guarantee can be reacquired is as valuable as other pieces of equipment that have no guarantee of being reacquired.
>>
>>49673068
It has already been said it can be re-acquired.
>>
>>49668517
>>49668555
>>49668563
Once your shitty animu circlejerk makes multiple threads to discuss the shitty animu circlejerk it's time to take yourself to
>>>qst

Thanks.
>>
>>49673076
It has been claimed it can be reacquired. A claim is not a guarantee. Even if Trigger can get it sub-delivered I lack the zenny to finance it and no I will not be accepting the donation to do so.
>>
>>49673134
I guarantee it can be re-acquired. If not by Trigger, or the Llama then by a new militia biting it and then looting their corpse. Newbie gear is one of the easiest things to come by simply because it is one of the things that spawns constantly and consistently.
>>
>>49673134
"There are binoculars in the Wyrd Hunts' shared bank. Burkhard, Isaac, and Trigger should still have their pair lying about in one of these boxes or in their personal storage. If you're that concerned about them, I am sure they will be happy to pass theirs over to you considering they have far more important duties in combat than spotting for things."

"Now in the mean time, stop suggesting that your simple tool of niche utility is as important as a soldiers' main weapon or ammunition. Did nobody teach you anything about combat readiness?"
>>
>>49673356

Forgive me for not wishing for someone else's death so I can obtain something just as easily pulled from a box.
>>
>>49673394
You pulling stuff from the box over other people is going to make death more likely then not. Simply because most people need their gear to fight back. It takes a select few to be able to fight without weaponry and items.
>>
What's my designation for next thread?
>>
Should I post my move here? didn't get to before it was archived?
>>
>>49673714
you're too late.
>>
>>49673699
It'd be R8. I think.

>>49673714
Turn posting is over, sorry.
>>
>>49673497
I'm not sure how I feel about Jackie actually liking my arguments for once... I normally tend to get berated...
>>
>>49673394
There are literally replacement binoculars in the guild bank, as >>49673391 states. Therefor, it is not conjecture, it is fact you can replace them.

And you pulling the binoculars from the box, are going to get us killed. You think that crystals are easy to replace? We're beyond the median line now. We aren't getting easy resupply anymore. That means probably no crystal market, no ability to buy shards or crystals, no ability to get food except what's in our bank.
>>
File: Low quality bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Low quality bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>49673115

Here's your (You)
>>
>>49673115
Just pointing out there isn't a second thread going on right now >_>
>>
>>49673394
Let me present to you the paradigm of floors: players progress through survival and loot. Loot is handed down as higher level loot is acquired. Stronger loot in the hands of the party means newbies who survive get this stronger loot. This in turn cuts down on in-fighting and allows guaranteed gear progression die to hand-me-downs.

Now the point of a hand-me-down is to be passed on to the next person who meeds it. What you are arguing for is: forsake hand-me-down loot in favour of short-term gains which are 100% a long term loss due to good, progressive equipment being forsaken.

You don't seem to understand that this is how the party grows stronger without alienating new people who stick through their first level.
>>
>>49645667
Did my post
A) get overlooked?
B) happen but I'm in some iron maiden in an unexplored area?
C) get posted during the wrong phase and ignored?
D) I am otherwise confused, and/or did something wrong?
>>
>>49674894

Most likely A, since I don't think there are any more iron maidens, and if you were in one in an undiscovered area, it would've popped up on the map like with Livia.

Just wake up next to someone?
>>
>>49674894

You're asking what that the thread was about? It's Floors which is a skirmish. Imagine playing chess but you only control 1 piece and it is a barebones rpg character. If you want to play there's a guide or for simplicity's sake a pastebin
>>
>>49675073
Nah I was referring to my post within the thread, which didn't go through for some reason, and I was asking for help to determine why.
>>49674960
Thank you, I guess so. obviously newbie so I didn't know if I just had to wait, or what. I'll just awaken next turn.
>>
>>49675322
Woops tried to use [M#] but it just made my entire name my trip.
Can't find any documentation on hero mode, could anyone explain?
>>
>>49675682
Dante must die mode

Basically GM tries their best to kill you. Don't spawn as one in a group of people it's a dick move. You also lose any hp level bonus and you instantly die if you get below 0
>>
>>49675682
You don't get +1 HP per level (including the first), but you're the first target.

Anyway, Pilus, you should be M4 I think, if you don't put that in, you won't be processed.
>>
>>49675902
People wanting to quickly try out different characters or getting a challenge.

Doing something that truly pisses off the GM. (The other being Pumpkining), or having an item that does it (Like Trigger's coat)
>>
>>49675750
>>49675850
That sounds hilarious. What causes hero mode?
>>49675850
Okay, thanks. I thought the scholars assigned it.
>>
>>49675902
A possible is that your punished, such as making yourself level 2 on the char creatoin or the like.
Or if your really hardcore...And want to go out in style, at any point in floors i believe you may choose to go into hero mode and try to go for a play of the floors and get a epic kill..
>>
>>49667900
I can't see myself ever getting involved with Floors, but I have to say it looks cool as fuck. The aesthetic is bonkers, and I love what you do.
>>
>>49675930
>>49675943
Thanks for answering my unending torrent of questions. I apologize for the post delete goof as well.
>>
>>49675981
no problem if you have more questions head on over here. For misc questions, and to also ask for help on what to do and suggestions and advice onn what to get if you live past this floor and also just chat in general

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23skirmish
>>
>>49675979
My thanks. If it helps any you only really need to post once a day after reading the map for a few minutes.
>>
http://imgur.com/a/wCDpg

Updated the current floors' bestiary information. Any qualms or things to note would be appreciated. Currently working on updating the loot tracker.
>>
>>49675938
Being really fucking stupid is what causes it.
>>
>>49675979
you know if you want to try, it's easy enough to have a go and with slow turns and so on it just takes about 10 minutes the first time to make a character and deploy on the map, then take an action.

It's not that involved if you don't go beyond the call of duty like Hetros and Jackie and Justin to make informative collection, and you're always welcome to try.
>>
One of the hardest parts of getting used to Floors is reading the map. My suggestion if you become daunted by it is to just pay attention to the area around you. There is nothing a level 1 character can do about a firefight or brawl or murderspree going on 20 tiles away, so pay attention to the enemies nearby and deal with those. Once you get used to what is going on around you then you can pay attention to the wider world.
>>
>>49675930
It's a great coat. It's flexible, waterproof, resistant, lightweight and only has a 120% chance of getting you killed.

>>49673032
I'm very sure I didn't. The walls should stop the crushing damage from penetrating into the central chamber, as it did with Jenny's hammer. The hellfire grenades go off in a cross section, and should therefore also not hit the chest on the other side of the door. I'm saying "Should" though because you can never quite tell with explosions.

If worried, I suggest searching some other chest. There's another 4 or so we can see, and likely more elsewhere.
>>
>>49678418
is the wall a full wall section? If it's not it might not protect against the explosion.

Also, Jenny was fully capable of breaking through the wall herself...

and we have 35 people, and each chest only has 2 charges, given how many we've seen, chances are we'll only get to refund half the group.
>>
>>49678497
Ah, but the salient difference between Jenny and I is that she uses a giant mace and deals 11 and 12 damage with a single massive swing whereas I - poor gundog that I am - uses small explosive bullets that deal 4 dmg crushing.

Each section of the map actually have an armor and hp value, and while I can probably blast down the sections just as well as Jenny (I could just shoot it 8 times) in smaller doses it just removes the walls tactically. But then again, you can never tell with explosives.

Eh. At least I used the small calibre rounds.
>>
File: Prison Break current actions.png (818KB, 1133x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Prison Break current actions.png
818KB, 1133x1071px
>>49678497
My apologies for not managing to update this throughout the day. In the meantime, here's the character actions as they were posted. Only one player-based mistake was made, which was someone trying to loot a chest which got moved.

My apologies on some movement errors. It's what I get for putting all of the posted actions on the same level.

Otherwise everything else is up to Monday.
>>
>>49679292
Damn, Justin, you are amazing.
>>
>>49679732
Nah, just got too much free time and motivation. Also helps with keeping track of loot and who did what between phases.
>>
>>49679826
>Nah, just got too much free time and motivation.
But that is exactly the thing that makes floors so great.
>>
>>49679292
Mhm.
Needs more explosion.
>>
Aw yeah tried sprites again.

>>49679848
This is true.

>>49679998
I wonder if I'm able to actually tank an explosion without it slapping a chunk of my health out the window.
>>
File: justin sprite.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
justin sprite.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>49680490
Fixed the legs.
>>
>>49680490
Explosions deal destruction damage which ignore armor.
>>
>>49680673
Do they also ignore End or a shield?
>>
>>49680767
>>49680673
Yes. That's what "armor" means. Hellfire is nasty stuff; the grenades the marines throw around are very, very bad grenades and you do not want to be around them if you can possibly avoid it. Oh and if you die via hellfire your soul gets snuffed out, permanently. Ain't no coming back from that.

The bullets I fire aren't hellfire bullets
>note to self, buy hellfire bullets
but they do ½ effective physical defense, which is what allows them to destroy terrain.

So I guess the answer is maybe you can, but it depends, and I don't think you want to try.
>>
>>49680534
Your iron door seems more like a trapdoor or tiny window.
But it looks awesome though.
>>
File: oscardead.png (28KB, 165x140px) Image search: [Google]
oscardead.png
28KB, 165x140px
After closer inspection, I have come to the conclusion that there was not, in fact, someone standing next to me being hit for five damage: that is 10 damage hitting me, who appears to have parted company with my arm. Again.

For future reference, I shall correct my previous action to:

>take 10 damage
>die a fiery death
>>
Anyone have the pic with all the basic adept skills?
>>
File: Adeptskills.png (326KB, 664x977px) Image search: [Google]
Adeptskills.png
326KB, 664x977px
>>49683977
>>
>>49684040

Do you have the one with the updated adept skills?
>>
File: Adeptskills.png (511KB, 770x1207px) Image search: [Google]
Adeptskills.png
511KB, 770x1207px
>>49684040
>>49684096

Yeah I realized after post that that was an old one. Took me a bit to track down an 'up to date' version
>>
File: AdvancedAdeptSkills.png (1MB, 1931x1404px) Image search: [Google]
AdvancedAdeptSkills.png
1MB, 1931x1404px
>>49684125

Have the advanced adept too for giggles
>>
>>49684125
anybody got the summoner sheets?
>>
File: Moth peoples.jpg (689KB, 1542x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Moth peoples.jpg
689KB, 1542x1707px
>>49684159

Maybe
>>
File: Beasts.jpg (425KB, 1728x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Beasts.jpg
425KB, 1728x1149px
>>49684171

Maybe not
>>
>>49684180
With all the rubble we got, Teras beast would be super useful right now.
>>
File: Fea.png (137KB, 673x446px) Image search: [Google]
Fea.png
137KB, 673x446px
>>49684198
>>
Okay so let's talk builds, tactics, and completely our fucking mission. We have a couple things to do.

>Kill a space whale

>find and destroy a summoner death cult

>kill crazy volgon weapons scientist

>find our sempais who may or may not be in our airship

Wat do
>>
>>49684300

How bout step 1
>Get out of jail
>>
Rolled 4, 6 = 10 (2d6)

>>49684328
I'm trying but the dice won't roll dubs!

>>49684300
Those come after we've completed the jailbreak.
>>
>>49684300
>planning the mission
Why, oh why, would you ever deem it wise to do that? Good fellow, we can hardly take 2 steps before some inanimate object comes to life to kill us, some faction pops up to kill us or some fundamental part of reality crumbles.
If it isn't apparent, that last one also kills us.

You cannot plan for the future if the future isn't planning for you to be in it.
>>
>>49684300
Step 1) Break out of Jail
Step 2) Kill All the Jailors and destroy all communication equipment before word of this can get back to Volgon
Step 3) hijack the Penumaether, which may or maynot be a coreship and thus the size of a town
Step 4) Link up with the Skyward Order to attack the Whale on Floor 6
Step 5) Use Skyward Order connections and personal gumption to modify the core ship into a giant iron maiden
Step 6) Weaken the whale to the point it can't escape our giant modified coreship-maiden
Step 7) Life Sentence the Bismuth Whale into the most powerful weapon known to runners
Step 8) ???
Step 9) Kill the Malebolgia
>>
>>49684391

This works...
>>
>>49684391
Step 0) Don't die, don't kill each other.
>>
>>49684424
>don't kill each other

Eh.... A little too late for that one
>>
>>49684424
Oh, THAT was step 0?! Alright. No I've got it now. I'll be sure to keep it in mind this time.
>>
File: Perfect Strategy.jpg (828KB, 900x1277px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Strategy.jpg
828KB, 900x1277px
>>49684386
Actually it's not bad to have a plan, but the thing is, everybody actually fucks up plans most of the time.

Before you even make plans, you have to determine your goals. Then you have to break down those goals into the necessary conditions to meet those goals, all of which must be made to order in terms of value and expediency. Only then can you make various plans on how to reach those goals, cutting the ones that aren't possible to meet, and then continuing with others.

>>49684424
No, this is not a goal, nor a method of achieving that goal. Death happens on the battlefield, as does friendly fire. The only way not to die is to retire to a nice little town right in front of the silver line.

We may be forced to kill each other, we may miscalculate or fuck up. Zieg is a perfect example (or was, he's now able to direct his berserk better). Zieg is simply too strong for us to go at half cocked, trying to not kill him if he were to go completely off the rails and start eating us. Fleur is another example of this, hell, Jenny is yet another example. I'm not positive I could contain any of those 2 without enormous help, and neither could any other member of this team. Our best bet would be to bring in the mages and just hold the line against them as long as we could.

And we have to risk our lives to advance our goals.

Goal #1 for us isn't 'don't die and don't kill each out'. Goal #1 is 'ensure the survival of the Hunt.'
>>
>>49684489
So. Let's break down our chief goal and our subobjectives under that goal.

1) "Ensure the Survival of the Hunt"
>Reach the Stairs with as many turns left as possible.
>Hold to our oaths with other major factions to ensure supply lines remain open.
>Recruit NPC trainers to open up more classes and options or to secure the ones we have.
>Ensure that our highest level characters survive.
>Nurture and protect lower level characters until they can become high level characters
>Gather valuable resources, equipment, and items

That is our primary goal and all objectives measured in importance in support of that goal.

The idea is that we are trying to ensure the survival of our group as a whole. Any one member can be sacrificed for that overarching goal, so actual -survival- of members is pretty damn low on the list of objectives in support of that goal.

Keep in mind, you have to be logical about this, High Level Character survival is higher on the order of operations than nurturing newbies with our goal in mind, but achieving the higher order goals means that they'll be thrown into the fray far more often than newbies. It's just that when there's a choice between "hmmm... Jackie and Hetros are both at 1 turn left on their death timers... I can only heal one of them? Who should I heal?" then that means Jackie should come first in almost all cases, unless I'm a master Viscount I guess and we've otherwise lost access to the Viscount class trainer NPC, in which case that takes priority, but you get the idea.

If we prioritize individual survival over other goals, we actually lower our overall chances of survival.

Notice the primary objective is always going to be reaching the stairs. This is simple reasoning because reaching the stairs is the only way to gain turns, and if we ever run out of turns, then we all die, game over, total party kill, all of our progress from items to levels are lost for anybody who doesn't get off the floor.
>cont.
>>
>>49684613

After that is keeping our oaths, such as hunting the Bismuth Whale, or making sure the Scholomance doesn't hate us, and similar things.

We are tiny, we do not span entire floors, our supplies are limited, the shops we can access are in many ways our only dedicated means of improving our ability to survive, or at least to maintain a baseline survival rate.

If we alienate Volgon, then we lose access not only to the Militia base class (as we have no master militia to my knowledge) until we can find another major faction to draw a class from, but we lose access to volgon supplies, which is a huge method of advancement for our volgon characters, and the only method by which we can reliably get ammo, bread, and water at this point.

If we alienate the Circle of Hunters, same deal happens more or less. We lose the Hunter class since I -know- we have no Master Hunters, and then we lose access to our best ability to gain monster parts to supply our ghouls, spell discovery, and item upgrades.

That brings us to the third objective, which is rescuing and securing NPC trainers. These are masters of their classes and they enable us to learn those advanced classes. Some advanced classes are not critical to our survival. Ghoul, Viscount, Vampyre, Magnate, Alquemist are pretty good examples of classes we have not shown a critical dependence on in our general strategies as a whole group, and we could afford to lose them if push came to shove (this could change as we play with the classes more). Navigator, Slayer, Paladin, Summoner, Scholar, and Shinobi however have proven to be critical important in force multiplying our general group cohesion and plans. We don't want to lose the ability to advance to those classes if at all possible.
>cont
>>
>>49684689

Then comes the next thing, the high level characters. The most powerful thing in this game is levels and skills. The hardest resource to gather is levels, and thus skills. This is why class choices are a higher priority than levels, because they broaden our skill pool, and more skills means more options and abilities to survive in different situations. We protect our high level characters over newbies when given the choice not because newbies are somehow morally inferior to high level characters, but because with few exceptions, high level characters have a build up of equipment, stats, and most importantly, SKILLS, to ensure the survival of the group. As the loss of a lvl.7 character means that we lose 6+ skills (they had 8, can respawn with 2), many of which very likely are impossible to retrieve anymore (For example: If Livia dies before I take a floor to learn "Hunter's Knowledge" from her, then we lose that skill permanently more or less, same if I die before anybody learns Holmgang off me).

Then we have newbies, who are pools of potential, and need to be protected so they can advance. This really comes down to action economy at this point. If Skills are the most valuable resource to get in the game due to their difficulty in acquiring, actions are the second most valuable, as action economy, more than anything else, determines strength. What makes Fleur one of the strongest goddamn characters in the game right now isn't that she's got stats from god, it's that she has 4+ acts in any given turn to do shit with. That means she can do in 1 turn what would take me at least 2 turns to accomplish. So more actions = a stronger hunt, and thus we don't want to carelessly spend the lives of newbies.
>cont
>>
>>49667900
Okay so how do you play this blumber fubble.
>>
>>49684744

The final objective, and the least important one, is the gathering of resources, as equipment is the universal method of advancement for all classes, and (with very few exceptions), the only method of improving our core stats, which are the filter through which skills are applied to actually effect the world. That means if you have to pick between looting a chest, and going to save somebody's life, you shouldn't loot the damn chest.

Now, keep in mind, you should be trying to achieve as many of these objectives as possible at one time, but when two of them conflict, you should pick the one higher up on the list. In an ideal world, any plan will get us closer to the stairs in as few turns as possible, fulfill our oaths to outside factions, protect or build relationships with master trainer npcs, keep our highest level characters alive, feed managable enemies into our newbies so they can get experience, zenny, and zeal, and get bitchin' items and resources for us, all at the same time.

Going back to the whole chests issue, as I'm no doubt sure some of the newbies offended by the idea of being passed over on chests in favor of higher level characters is a bad deal, and hey, look at the objectives, their survival is higher on the list than gaining items.

This is true, but it's -also- lower on the list than the survival of higher level characters, thus they should have priority unless they deliberately recuse themselves from the rat race (as I've done).

>>49684761
Can somebody upload the rules sheet for this fine gentleman?
>>
>>49684489
>>49684613
>>49684689
>>49684744
>>49684783

TL;DR

just have fun.
>>
File: Floors Rules.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Floors Rules.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49684689
>NPC trainers. These are masters of their classes and they enable us to learn those advanced classes.
H-... how did I become a paladin? Who was the person who would allow me to become one?

I'm now terrified of the aspect where I cannot advance in skills at all.

>>49684783
>>49684761
Yes
>>
>>49684799
>This is also true but that was all meant to be written in a semi-IC manner. Obviously rule 0 should apply which is to have fun while not shitting on other people's fun.

>>49684814
We got a nameless paladin bro with us now, or rather, we did, before being kidnapped and imprisoned, we gotta rescue him.
>>
File: 1474934926157.jpg (363KB, 886x1946px) Image search: [Google]
1474934926157.jpg
363KB, 886x1946px
>>49684814
We met a dude.

>>49684761
Don't be discouraged by all the rules, all you need to start is a name, a trip, a base class (the centre six), and two skills.
We're here if you need help.
>>
File: RabbitRestraint.png (243KB, 460x337px) Image search: [Google]
RabbitRestraint.png
243KB, 460x337px
>>49684489
> Zieg is simply too strong for us to go at half cocked, trying to not kill him if he were to go completely off the rails and start eating us.

If Mr. Ziegfrother goes off the rails-tracks-runaway, is okay. Following Diet Plan of not eating Living People and Friends is hard-difficult job! Rabbits understands self-control issues involved in having Conviction to stay on True Path.
So if Mr. Ziegfrother goes raving murder-eating mad, you can be good friend and help him.

Rabbits did. Is not so hard task because is helping a Friend, and so is not even task! Is friendliness!

Real friends don't kill other friends even if they turn into cannibal-murder-killers. Killing your friends means they die! Oh no. This is to be avoid. Truth Without Bias.

If you are not willing to try-attempt to restrain raging ravenous reaving murder-ghoul with feeble-tiny-weak piece of little metal band at great cost to own limbs-self-face, then Rabbits also think you are unwilling to help move hammock-couch or offer polite critique of his watercolor paintings. Friends are friends are friends. Fairness without Exclusion.
>>
>>49684852
Sadly doesn't interest me compared to the old games that had bug hunts and stuff.
>>
>>49684986
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>49684986

Maybe wait next season when we're back to high school transhuman soldiers or dorksouls... Or IH.... Literally never
>>
>>49684986
>>49685067
IH became Wonderful days I think... but given how that game was played in at least 3 different time periods it's kinda hard to tell.
>>
>>49685067
I've been waiting three and a half years for Ironhearts to come back, I can keep waiting.
>>
>>49685132

>Three and a half years

TRY FIVE AND A HALF
>>
>>49685182

If you're lucky you'll get to be part of a flashback/history lesson
>>
Yeah, I feel you pilot. Pension ain't a fun kind of gig---
wait
who are you people

This isn't the officers mess

I think I'm in the wrong universe.
>>
>>49685323
"WELL MAYBE YOU ARE! DON'T WORRY, WE ACCEPT ANYBODY THAT DOESN'T TRY TO KILL OR EAT US AND HAVE SOME SEMBLANCE OF COMPETENCE! JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO KEEP RUNNING OR ELSE THE LIVING APOCALYPSE WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!"
>>
>>49685323
I dunno, pension sounds better than a bonejacker harvesting center.
>>
>>49684744
To be honest, we've already had this particular discussion on priorities and as I have said before, prioritizing people on level and effective future contributions is just not something I can support. We save all of those we can. Period.

If we did otherwise we all would not be here, in this prison. Trigger would not be with us once more and we would be pursuing Bismark as we speak. Every single member of the Wyrd Hunt is equally important as the other. No matter if they've been with us since the start, or if they have joined us now.

If Zeigfried goes beserk we restrain him, and help him calm down. We will not kill one of our members just because of a loss of control when he loses that control fighting for our sake.
>>
>>49687437
Then those two goals can be shoved together as a single one. I think it's foolishness myself. Try to protect everything, and you end up protecting nothing. But hey, we'll see what happens.
>>
>>49687457
I appreciate the sentiment, and I get the workings of focus and determination.

But, well, Sir.

I'd be a cad if I didn't agree with Jackie after you all helped /me/ out of my strange, abysmal pickle.
>>
>>49687522
Trigger, you're my friend, but honestly, I have a question for you. This all started because we summoned you back, we lost a good few people to it, and then we went and rescued them as well. I don't regret it, the group decided to do it as a whole, but I still question the wisdom of it.

If we all die here, not just die, but are sucked into the Mal as it devours the Pnumaether? Do you really want to have been the catalyst of that? Not many people get to answer that question, but you'll probably get too. People are going to die getting out of this, and some of them might meet a far more final death than having their soul taken by a reaper.

As I told you back on the ship Trigger, after we rescued you, the price was too high... and we're still paying it now. At what point does it become a sunk cost? At what point do we actually stare oblivion in the face and do the terrible calculus of survival? It's all well and good to say "We'll save everyone," but what does that mean if we save 'everyone' by killing, or obliviating, more of our comrades than we save?

I'll stay the course that the Hunt decides, that's only right, and it all goes to hell if we start to break down and abandon those the Hunt hasn't written off as a lost cause, but simply ignoring that we might have to make hard choices is not going to end well for us.
>>
>>49687437

So that's how the boss is. Looks like you might be worth finding after all.
>>
Femto summoned those moths that banished myself and the others here. That had nothing to do with Trigger's rescue and everything to do with our actions on Floor 1.
>>
>>49684180
This is actually an unofficial version of beast. It has since been redesigned.
>>
>>49687602

The moment you stop doing the calculus of survival is the moment you consign yourself to the Malbolgia. The only thing that matters is that you can accept the sum of the equation. Worrying about who will die how or when is pointless. There is no difference between dying to save another or dying to a lucky moblin. You are still dead.
>>
>>49687901
Well that's just nonsense. It makes a huge difference to at least one person.
>>
>>49684814
Man, after reading that I'm starting to wish I'd gone Militia.
>>
>>49688509
Weiss is pretty amazing you may like it
>>
>>49688509
>>49688566

I can tell you about weiss.
>>
>>49688587
Sure!
>>
>>49688667

Weiss are basically classic weapon masters seen in other games. They can pick up any weapon and do well with it. With zwei schwert they gain a second attack of str+atk that can be targeted at a different enemy within range. Eyes closed removes face weaknesses while improving your own defenses. Outside of adept knight, you have the only 'aggro' skill in Roar at adept weiss. They're effective damage dealers and tanks at the same time.
>>
>>49688587
Sorry to say but that's not my cup of tea. More of a finesse guy. Although I dig the fangs. Saw a couple of your type around the bosses tent before.

>>49687894

Hey you bookworm. I'm looking for a fighter. Big ol' ogre with a talent for punching. Funny soundin name too. My employer wanted me to find him and his master. Heard you bunch were going the same direction as them. By the time I reached the sands everyone was gone and I got swiped up. I thought I was done for but then I heard that yappy mutt of yours in the suit goin on and I figured their still might be a chance...

Let's say I stay with you guys a while.
>>
>>49688784
I heard you need a lot of sword arts to be any good though.
>>
>>49689226
Bah, hookleydook.

Weiss can shank you with a toothpick.
>>
>>49689226

Not at all. Sword artes just give you more options. They were powerful before they were introduced.
>>
>>49689226
You'll get sword artes just be playing the game. You get them by gaining zeal. Knights gain them incredibly fast due to the fact they tend to rack up high kill scores.
>>
File: justin sprite.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
justin sprite.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>49680534
Got a haircut and made sure to polish the armour a bit more.
>>
Tag Assignments:

Short is [R6]
>>
>>49693414

THE BATTLE IS MET. ASSEMBLE
>>
File: Nut.png (25KB, 162x155px) Image search: [Google]
Nut.png
25KB, 162x155px
>>49693419
Hey Monds, could you clarify what exactly I'm holding? Should I assume I'm holding Moon Shield and Knight Kerosene as intended or is it something else?
Freaking love the armor-upgrade btw

Equipment:
-Knight Kerosene (Lights up to 6 spaces. Reveals ghosts)
-Moon Shield (lvl3: Defense+3, +1Str During Night)
-Raider Armor (Defense+2, Str+1)

Bag: [0z]
-Barbed Shotel (lvl2: Attack+2, Defense+1)
-1x Sleep Bomb (4 aoe, sleep, throw 3 rgn)
-Bread (3)
-
>>
>>49693958
The knight Kerosene

Is worn on the Head like a proper lantern knight.

The Raider armor I will update I didnt see that.
>>
>>49694174
Oh that's what that is. AWESOME.
Means I still have a hand free for a sword right?
>>
>>49694174
Bound is just the same as bind, where the damage is to ACT instead of health right?
>>
>>49694216
If you are bound you are unable to act until the source of the bound is undone.
>>
>>49694234
So 5 damage on top of unable to act.

Damn that's rough.
>>
>>49694190
yes. It is as listed in yons sheet
>>
About to
>wake up
And I really don't wanna mess my sheet up this time. On the template given by this http://pastebin.com/TFYpcABB pastebin, it's telling me on mage the template to include POW on my sheet. Not sure exactly what it's for or what stats it's derivative of.
>>
>Trying to make plans to stop the Zig
>Stopping the Zig
>Thinking its a good plan
>I want to get off uncle Ziggy's wild ride.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.