[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Mordheim-Witch-Hunters.jpg (110KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Mordheim-Witch-Hunters.jpg
110KB, 873x627px
Warhammer Fantasy General: "OOP Minis Are Back On-demand" Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy and The 9th Age products and lore. Please be courteous, and be aware that its better to agree to disagree on continuity than fight about it.

Link to last thread: NA

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction To The Warhammer Fantasy Setting (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
>>49667706
>Empire Free Company will be available Made to Order

Thank god, Mordheim ain't dead yet
>>
File: loyalty intensifies.jpg (56KB, 490x375px) Image search: [Google]
loyalty intensifies.jpg
56KB, 490x375px
>>49668405
>New kits
>Old kits returning
>Supported at GW events
>>
>>49668468
all of this is exceedingly good news, my friend.

Maybe i too will be able to start that long forgotten project and amass an army of dwarfs and buy some bretonnian knights just for the sake of it
>>
>>49668468
You people are like an abused wife.
>>
>>49668537
Not to mention GW kits being out will drive prices secondhand low, and a lot of companies rushed in to fill the void after the armies were squatted so you now have options if you want to buy some Undying Dynasties to mix with Tomb Kings so the models look more varied.

Its the best news we've had since before End Times: Archaon two years ago.
>>
>>49667706
Whats this talk about OOP minis being back
>>
>>49668405
Was gonna get the kit a while back, but in the end decided to just get a state trooper and handgunner boxes. Maybe I'm just not nostalgic enough for it, but I find many of the free company models a bit abysmal. Besides, I got a few sprues wort of their weapons, so I got more than enough to equip the state troops and handgunners with alternative weapons.
>>
>>49669105
see
>>49667319
>>
>>49669187
seems sketchy
>>
>>49669211
We'll know in nine days.
>>
What do you think the likelihood of them bringing back the old Chaos Dwarves army back from 5th?
>>
>on-demand
I panic-bough some Empire Militias myself and would be super happy for this if I didn't - because I got two unfinished warbands and really want to keep them in common theme.

But if you're starting with Mordheim from the scratch, I would strongly advise looking into alternatives before buying from GW. Frostgrave kits are of comparable qualify and generally lower price per mini. The only problem is the two don't mix&match all that well because they are proportioned differently (GW has their "heoric" big heads&big hands, Frostgrave goes more towards standard human anatomy)
>>
>>49671960
It'll be far better for characters who have an iconic look than it will for R&F. You can find good Greatsword proxies, but no good Karl Franz proxies.
>>
>>49669154
They've got a bit of huge hands syndrome, but honestly the character of those models more than makes up for it imo. Still leagues better than the current state troops.
>>
>>49667706

Not to sound sceptical about this 'print on demand service' but can someone post a link to the source of the information?
>>
>>49674928
A GW store posted about cancelled models being brought back on demand. The community being what it is, certain people started insisting that they would OBVIOUSLY bring back every bit of the past 25 years.

I would be flabbergasted if it included models discontinued more than 6 or so months ago.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.