[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you allowed on of each deck in modern? Or are then absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: artcube5.gif (56KB, 634x140px) Image search: [Google]
artcube5.gif
56KB, 634x140px
Are you allowed on of each deck in modern? Or are then absolutely banned?
>>
I think they're literally banned.
>>
>>49662560
Dang, I was wondering cause I wanted to pop atleast one of the colors I need in my deck. I wasn't able to find anything on them.
>>
They're all banned, except Darksteel Citadel

http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/banned-restricted
>>
>>49662686
Hey thanks man! Atleast I can run 4 dark steels.
>>
There is no restricted list for Modern. It's banned or it isn't.
>>
>>49662753
I'm barely getting into modern, that's actually pretty good to know. Thanks man!
>>
>>49662822
Basically, Vintage is the only format with a Restricted list, which is the "only one copy" rule. Good luck with Modern, hope you enjoy it.
>>
>>49662849
Thanks man, also since you know what's up, what do you think is a good RGU land? I've been thinking about just putting in the vistas
>>
>>49662865
You want shock lands usually.
>>
>>49662886
Oh man, I haven't even heard of these before, alright thanks man! I'll roll with these, thanks again!
>>
>>49662903
If you haven't heard of shocks, modern isn't for you yet. Keep playing casually and learning about the game unless you want to steamrolled every round.
>>
>>49662920
Alright, I'm probably still pretty casual, but it doesnt hurt to try. No way of getting better untill I see what I'm failing at.
>>
>>49663008
The problem with modern is that all the staples are pretty expensive, so you don't if you have a steaming pile of crap until you are at least several hundred dollars in.
Which is part of the reason most people netdeck.
>>
>>49663008
I'd reccomend downloading the latest build of Manalink (Old school magic simulator that people somehow keep up with) to practice piloting and building decks. The AI is not much of a challenge and sometimes stuff is buggy, but it's an entertaining way to "Goldfish".
>>
>>49663008
>>49663788
XMage
>>
>>49662686
Is the reason they're banned because they count towards spells and effects that need a number of artifacts to work and all that jazz?
>>
>>49663879
Affinity didnu nuffin, him's a good mechanic
>>
>>49663008
>I'm probably still pretty casual,
You don't say.

>but it doesnt hurt to try. No way of getting better untill I see what I'm failing at.
You're wasting your time and other people's. Play limited and standard if you want to get into tournaments.
>>
File: goyf.jpg (30KB, 223x310px)
goyf.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49662865

>RGU
>G
>probably a midrange build

I might have some bad news for you...
>>
>>49662538
>>49662679

You can play all the Artifact Lands in Legacy. Affinity can be pretty dirt-cheap to put together outside of the Arcbound Ravagers. If you're looking for an even more budgeted Artifact-beatdown deck, do a search for the deck called "Tempered Steel." If you want to run a Control-artifact build, try searching for "MUD" for Legacy, or "Lantern Control" for Modern.
>>
>>49662538
Why can't you just google "modern banlist"?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.