[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need ideas for a setting/system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (28KB, 363x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 363x405px
So I was reading a book about how Cuba kept technology running after the USSR fell and they became completely isolated.
That shit was like mad max irl, they canibalized every bit of tech available and improvised in the most unbelivable ways, and everyone had knowledge on how to keep things running.
It was perfect inspiration for a rpg system/setting:

"Cubapunk: A game about surviving in a shitty isolated totalitarian system"

>you live in a totalitarian system
>everyone is fucking starving
>Isolated from the rest of the world
>you know how to craft things
>survive
>extra points if you fight the power while trying to survive

Post your ideas fa/tg/uys
>>
I see potential. Will post ideas when I'm much less tired.
>>
>>49661329
>Go to free school.
>Free uni.
>Become doctor and swim to the USA.
>>
File: darra-adam-khel-12[6].jpg (154KB, 790x526px) Image search: [Google]
darra-adam-khel-12[6].jpg
154KB, 790x526px
>>49661329
>It is said that a Darra gunsmith, given a rifle he hasn't seen before, can duplicate it in around ten days. Once the first copy is made, each additional copy takes two or three days. The tools are primitive, yet the forges turn out accurate reproduction of every conceivable sort of weapon, from pen pistols and hand-grenades to automatic rifles and anti-aircraft guns

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/09/darra-adam-khel-village-of-illegal-gun.html
>>
>>49663756
>Khyber gunsmiths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTvxFNRLbiw
>>
I have nothing to add but this all is neat!
>>
>>49661329
>Cuba
>Evil empire
Projecting much?
>>
>>49661329
So no US blockading them for decades?
And trying to kill based Castro several times? And trying to invade?

Ends up as a world where Cuba has to deal with illigal murrica immigrants.
>>
>>49661329
So tropical mad max? Sounds super awesome, kinda like far cry 3 without all the tribal mysticism crap
>>
File: Google-Cuba-04.jpg (223KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Google-Cuba-04.jpg
223KB, 750x500px
Alt history
>Bay of Pigs is successful
>Cuba occupied by US run former expats
>US FreedomTech(TM) testing grounds: wiretaps, enhanced interrogations, SWAT, prison state
>Resistance is forced to steal and recycle US tech
>Russian submarines and airdrops occasionally deliver slavshit
>This has been going on for 20 years. Now there's the Walkman and the IBM PC

Play as
>Occupation administration
>Resistance
>Russian agent

Skills
>John Matrix (guns, brawn)
>Maverick Mitchell (intuition, swagger)
>Angus MacGyver (gadgetry, improvisation)
>>
>>49663776
ork/10
>>
>>49661329
haha time for PRESIDENTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6zjiDjXqf0
>>
>>49664345
>Protip: If you don't have anything to say, just make up some greentext
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.