[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 45

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
I Dont Care About Links Edition

>October's White Dwarf
Scans
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6o7be8UuQA_eDUzbWVrQW9EbHM

>Rules Databases
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>>49661015
Obscure chapter tactics feels?
>No spiffy formations
>Only special character has no model and is cannonically MIA
>The unit that meshes best with chapter tactics is scouts, which dont make sense fluffwise
>The main appeal of your tactics is now largely redundant as everyone and their mum can now roll on Divination
>Will only be updated during the next scheduled Hell-freezing-over
JUST
>>
>>49661165
>being sad about space marines not getting things

I mean, that's super lame, but c'mon.
>>
anybody here play Iron Hands? I wanna see pics of yer dudes
>>
File: IMG_0036.jpg (468KB, 975x1449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
468KB, 975x1449px
>tfw found out that there's an OOP Commissar with Power Sword and Power Fist that was definitely inspired by pic-related
JUST.
>>
File: short marine.png (144KB, 346x421px)
short marine.png
144KB, 346x421px
How can I build this army?

The Short Marines

The Imperium's first and most likely last experiment with gene seeds on a secret and unnamed kind of abhuman race that are really short but can be just as strong if not stronger than your average space marine when genetically engineered like them. Like a mix of Salamanders and Space Wolves.

Help me.
>>
>>49661362
go to ebay, buy all the power armored squats you can afford
>>
>>49661353
the dude riding the jetbike always gets me
>>
>>49661362

Get those Iron Fathers from Mantic or w.e and just put Space marine heads on them.
>>
Which is the best dark eldar codex in terms of lore? Looking for inspiration mostly.
>>
So what do we think of the Made to Order program?

You can now order discontinued models, from the 15th of October, and to start it will only be Last Chance to Buy models, but it might eventualy grow, if it gets good enough sales.
>>
>>49661513
This is a very good question actually, looking for the same but about Deldar as well as Orks.
>>
Can a warboss take da lukky stik if he's part of the green tide? Isn't that illegal since the formation is from the ghazzy book?
>>
Reminder that a neophyte cavalcade is garbage compared to a brood cycle in terms of everything except IRL money cost or running a themed infected IG cult list.
>>
>>49661548
waaargh: orks surprised me with its content. I'd wager 'ere we go would also have some worthwhile components.
>>
I'm new, can units start inside vehicles that aren't dedicated transports?
>>
>>49661758
Yes but the vehicle takes up a force org slot if it's not a dedicated transport.
>>
>>49661777
>force org slot
>mattering in Formations edition
lol
>>
>>49661165

>no formations
>no order tactics
>closest thing are one time use USR that might not go off
>main appeal is irrelevant because blood angels do everything better
>will only be updated for not!Sigmar before squatting
JUST
>>
>>49661831
>expecting fringe Chapters that only exist mechanically in Forge World supplements to get as much attention as First Founding Codex Chapters
Dude. You're incredibly lucky they have any rules AT ALL. This kind of complaining is ridiculous.
>>
>>49661533

In case you guys thought I was bullshitting.

facebook com / GWPortsmouth /

>Made to order items:
From 15/10 we will be re-issuing some discontinued models, on a made to order basis. Watch this space for more info.
>>
Going to be up in seattle near the end of november on a road trip

Any cool lfgs or anything i should check out while in the area?
>>
>>49661857

I was talking about sisters. I just forgot to post a pic
>>
>>49661874
Oh okay, sorry, yeah fair.
>>
>>49661884

You seem pretty cool. Don't go to the space Marine gathering tonight
>>
File: sgaggh.jpg (166KB, 533x821px) Image search: [Google]
sgaggh.jpg
166KB, 533x821px
Who ready for /shadowsword kino/?
>>
>>49661959
Why does that tank seem like it should be laughing maniacally?
>>
Hey guys, i've got a question for all of you. I've been following the 40k Tabletop threads on 4chan for quite some time and I really do want to test the waters at tabletop. Problem is, i'm having the toughest time deciding what I want to ultimately play.

I won't lie, I like the faggy spehss elves a lot. Eldar have always been my jam, but a lot of people say their kits are not beginner-friendly. I understand Space Marines might be a bit more user-friendly in that regard for learning how the game works.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>49661959
Tell me more. I have a love for this behemoth.
>>
>>49662024
Read fluff, look at minis, play what you want, dont buy it all in one go.
>>
>>49662024
If you want to play Eldar, go Eldar dude. None of the kits are really that complicated.
>>
Comments / thoughts on my GSC list? Tho I'll have to whore myself out to afford all these acolytes :(

1850 GSC (1850pts)
Genestealer Cults - Codex (GC Cult Insurrection)

Brood Cycle
5x Acolyte Hybrid
5x Acolyte Hybrid
5x Acolyte Hybrid
Acolyte Iconward- Icon of the Cult Ascendant, Sacred Cult Banner
5x Hybrid Metamorphs
10x Neophyte Hybrid, 2 x Grenade launcher, 1 x Missile launcher w flakk missiles
10x Neophyte Hybrid, 2 x Grenade launcher, 2 x mining laser
5x Purestrain Genestealer, 5x Scything Talons

Lords of the Cult
Magus- Mastery Level 2, The Crouchling

Lords of the Cult
Patriarch- Mastery Level 2

Shadow Skulkers

Shadow Skulkers

Subterranean Uprising

20x Acolyte Hybrid, Cult Icon, 3 hand flamers, 2 heavy rock cutters, 2 heavy rock saws

5x Acolyte Hybrid
5x Hybrid Metamorphs
Primus- Bone Sword

Combined Arms Detachment
HQ
Magus- Mastery Level 2
Magus- Mastery Level 2
Troops
5x Acolyte Hybrid
5x Acolyte Hybrid

Combined Arms Detachment
HQ
Magus- Mastery Level 2
Magus- Mastery Level 2
Troops
5x Acolyte Hybrid
5x Acolyte Hybrid
>>
>>49662040
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/shadowsword-ebook.html
>>
>>49662024

If you want beginner friendly kits, just play Sisters of Battle[/Spoiler]
>>
>>49662087
Sisters is an army I intend to build at a later date. I've heard mixed reviews of them, some saying they aren't that good and others saying that they're fine right where they are. I'd like to believe the latter.
>>
>>49662078
>all those Magi

Fucking ignore the fluff why don't you
>>
>>49662103
>Sisters is an army I intend to build at a later date

Anon, I....
>>
>>49662103
They're mainly a mid-to upper middle tier army. Most of the complaints are usually the fact that they were last updated 12 years ago and still have a lot of metal models when most at this point have gone from metal to resin to plastic.
>>
On the topic of beginner friendly models, the ork warbike is the worst model I have had the displeasure of making. Goddamn. It asked me to cut off the current bike throttle and put the one I wanted on. I've never seen that in any kit. Not to mention shit like gluing a freestanding pipe on top of another pipe, the tire guard being two pieces, and the bike's inclination to not actually glue onto the base. Once assembled though 10/10 perfect model would build again
>>
>>49662160
I understand plastic models, but I think metal sisters would be... well.... metal, for lack of a better pun.
>>
>>49662160
I thought Sisters hadn't been updated in 15? Or was it 20?
>>
>>49662127
The fluff specifically says a large cult will have more than one Magus.

What's much harder to justify is multiple Patriarchs.
>>
>>49662196

The last SoB wave was like '04, but most models are older.

>>49662103

They're good. I've been playing them for the better part of 12 years now. The problem is the models are all mono pose, metal, and expensive. A unit of 5 with 2 meltas in an immolator (have to get the exorcist kit) is $105 and 140 points. Unlike most armies where you pay $30 for a bunch of dudes with tons of bits (lacking enough special weapons though), with Sisters you are. Literally buy 3 bolter models and 2 melta models. They are all one piece and a backpack.
>>
>>49662196
No new models since 2004
Nonew rules since 2013
>>
>>49662249
I've watched a friend in town who plays a few different armies, and he's slowly teaching me the rules of the game. I've watched his sisters win and lose games, but every time he won it was usually a glorious stomp-fest. His losses were almost equally as bad though, but he enjoys playing them a lot.
>>
Despite Catachans being complete badasses in fluff, they don't have separate stats from Cads, do they?

Also, what does a decent army list of IG look like? Mostly tanks? 1 or 2 tanks with a fuckton of infantry?
>>
>>49662289

According to my friend who likes to watch, my games usually go poorly until like T3 and then the tide turns heavily in my favor. When I win, I win hard after that, but if I can't get enough steam, the game is over.
>>
>>49662294
got a couple special characters and a special baneblade or something, but otherwise no
>>
>>49662078
Looks really solid, very similar to mine, although I don't know if I agree with the grenade launchers or the scything talons on all the stealers (for every 5 scything talons, you can get another stealer which is still 4 more attacks on the charge but also increases the survivability of the unit).
>>
>>49662310
Yeah, that's how his games play out. It seems even or slightly in the opponent's favor and then turn 3 faiths and powers start really changing the table. He either tables everything on the board with the Gun-nuns or gets rolled back to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the Spehss mehreens.
>>
>>49662328
Following up on talon math:

5 genestealers with Scything talons = 85 pts
20 attacks, 25 on the charge, 30 on the charge with Rage.

6 genestealers no upgrades = 84 pts
18 attacks, 24 on the charge, 30 on the charge with Rage.

Second turn of combat if each unit loses one stealer:

4 genestealers with scytals = 16 attacks
5 genestealers = 15 attacks

If each unit had lost two stealers:
3 genestealers with scytals = 12 attacks
4 genestealers = 12 attacks

As you can see, the gains you get from talons are pretty negligible, and collapse to none as you lose models. I think it's better to have the extra Wound in the squad to potentially recover them using Return to Shadows and the d6 regain.

Of course if you already have stealer models with scything talons lying around, always use those for your summoned ones since they get any upgrades they want and cost no points.
>>
File: WS_Tactical_Marine.png (1MB, 777x1073px) Image search: [Google]
WS_Tactical_Marine.png
1MB, 777x1073px
Does ANYBODY have a PDF of Path of Heaven? I can't find one anywhere.
>>
So the Ragnarok is basically the poor mans russ.
Was thinking of building some for the my GSC to use as my lemom russ.
Would there be varients of the ragnarok other than the basic battle canno
>>
File: Tank.jpg (50KB, 570x359px) Image search: [Google]
Tank.jpg
50KB, 570x359px
>>49662437
and i missed the pic
>>
>>49662437
wot
>>
>>49662437
maybe demolisher, but no demolisher for you, traitor
>>
What's the general opinion on 7th edition? I can't be the only person with an intense dislike for it, but then again I'm scared to see what GW has in store for 8th.
>>
>>49661630
Yes.
S why most take the big bosspole.
Also sucks if your 100 boys get feared, swing at ws 1, lose combat to whatever and get overrrun.
>>
>>49662528
I dislike all shooty editions
>>
>>49661533
>inb4 100% markup
>>
Anyone got the CCON catalog? I can make a throwaway if you dun wanna post here.
I got them to email me some, but it's in some chink format that requires, and it won't open with office 2007, open office, nor google docs
>>
>>49661630
take big bosspole.
Get another CAD.
Big mek w/ lukky stikk
Painboy
2x grots

and have the HQ's join the green tide.
den u waagh really loud and get kicked out of the store.
>>
>>49662581
would be cool if you could get the really old stuff. I'd take a 100% mark up on early 90's prices.
>>
>>49662339

Sounds about right. I'm a bit out of practice at the moment because I've been more or less out of the game for like 2 years until about 2 months ago. However, I used to be one of the best players in my area, which I say factually based on tournaments.

Now? Man. It's embarrassing. Idk if it is me, or if the game has just gone to hell in a hand basket. Maybe a bit of both.
>>
>>49662600
100% markup on 90s prices would be an 80% discount compared to modern prices.
>>
>>49662437
Officially no. But Your Dudes USR says "fuck it."
>>
File: 1452834166511.jpg (1MB, 946x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452834166511.jpg
1MB, 946x1080px
>>49661959
ITs my favorite tonk, but I have a hard time imagining it in book form.
>200 pages of the tank commander pointing at things that offend his eyesight then having them vaporized
I mean thats still cool I guess. And with the D everywhere I feel like the Shadowswod lost alot of its bite.
>>
>>49661200
Are you even aware that Special Issue Ammo exists for Loyalists?

I could see bumping the price up to 5 PPM, but requiring a Warp Charge already gives it a larger opportunity cost relative to SpecAmmo.
>>
>>49662613
that was kind of my point.
>>
File: noisemarinert.jpg (26KB, 316x351px) Image search: [Google]
noisemarinert.jpg
26KB, 316x351px
>>49661869
YES
OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
YES
I WANT THINGS TO GET LOUD NOW.
SO
SO MUCH
>>
>>49662103
They're good for those that haven't fought against them often (which is a fairly large group these days), but pretty one-dimensional and nothing they can do is really a "sure thing". I usually played them with an allied IG detachment or a Vindicare assassin, who do well to shape up their rough areas, but still for 12 points for a T3 model and Rhino armor on all choices I often wonder if I'd be better off running my much more agile IG army every time I play them.

Jacobus, Celestine, Repentia, and Seraphim are so fun though. While I think Battle-brothers is bullshit, I do want to try them with an allied Inquisition detachment for a Land Raider, but I've yet to have the pleasure.
>>
>>49662586
upload it and post the link and I'll reupload it back to you in a '07 compatible format
>>
>>49662732
Keep fighting the good fight, friend. The Ecchlessiarchy and the Emperor will be pleased.

I'll make a sisters army at a later time. Those little metal ladies will become one of my favorite armies, I just know it.
>>
>>49662742
Here's the thing, it's the format. It just refuses to open. They're .xls files
Anyway, give me a bit.
>>
How do I deal with Ghostkeels as IG?
>>
>>49662640
There has never been anything by GW more simultaneously goofy and rad than space marines with leopard print armour and fucking guitars as weapons
>>
>>49662742
Nevermind... Seems the xls files he has arn't usable.
>>
>>49662024
Pick an army you like, then play it
>>
>Inferno Bolts
During the psychic phase, you may expend one Warp Charge, with no roll required, to grant a unit with Inferno Bolts one of the following:
+Reduce the AP of all Bolt Weapons in the unit by 2.
+Increase the Strength of all Bolt Weapons in the unit by 2.
+Give all Bolt Weapons in the unit the Ignores Cover special rule.

Costs 5 points per model. 15 points if the model has a Heavy Bolter.
>>
File: supernova-001.jpg (762KB, 2355x1542px) Image search: [Google]
supernova-001.jpg
762KB, 2355x1542px
>>49662835
>ap2 HBolters
my cock when
>>
File: wut da zog.png (73KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
wut da zog.png
73KB, 216x282px
>>49662835
>>
>>49662790
I miss Goff Rokkerz
>>
>>49662528
as far as the core rules go. best edition so far. Though a little in the favour of shooting.
issues come from the codexs and points costs.
>>
>>49662835
please tell me it's imperial inferno bolts and not heretic inferno bolts
>>
>>49662880
I more meant "metagame" or by codecies. Namely the prevalence of all this bullshit like strength D, Super-heavys, gargantuans, lords of war in general, and the fact that there is an almost de-facto best special weapon for so many armies
>>
>>49662880
>as far as the core rules go. best edition so far.
Literally not even close.
>>
>>49662640
That's so deliciously 80's, I love it. I wish 40k could still include some rampant stupidity like this guy every so often in the game to lighten it from time to time. Just a little giggle, not unintentional ones like the Pyrovore. Which is like a tire fire in single unit form. Makes for a good biovore expy though.
>>
>>49662776
Genestealers up the ass
>>
File: Forwhatreason.jpg (36KB, 631x243px) Image search: [Google]
Forwhatreason.jpg
36KB, 631x243px
>Sisters used to have Inferno Bolts on their immolators

I am reminded why no one took Immolators in the shitdex
>>
>>49661869

The real question is...

finecast - plastic - metal ?
>>
>>49662078

I think summon is planning a summoning party
>>
>>49662964
lol nice

cant wait for this to become the new meme
>>
>>49662835
Your over complicating it, the warp charge one would end up as bolters and HB become ap3, the second option would be shred and lastly ignores cover.
>>
>>49663004
The best way to play Cults desu

If you aren't maxing out Magi you're doing it wrong
>>
Can you run the Lost Brotherhood Decurion as your main thing and still take the Dante + Sanguinary Guard formation along side it in a legal army list?
>>
>>49662995
It'll be finecast. Resin is dirt cheap and they can use the old molds that they used for metal and/or finecast.

Comedy option: 3D printing.
>>
>>49662995
Plastic with metal models era design
>>
>>49662614
ok. so if i want an exterminator just make an exterminator.
>>
>>49662880
I would agree with you anon. Most of the re-balancing needs to be done on the codex side, the crb is fantastic. Its the codes that have bullshit like LoW spam, str D out the ass, bullshit formations that are "literally take this every game" good (but only for a privlaged few armies). In terms of overall strength, I think that str D needs to be toned down, and a lot of formations should have a point cost slapped on top of the units you need to bring. Also, any formation that gives you free shit in any way needs to burn in hellfire.
>>
File: BackToTheKitchen.jpg (83KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
BackToTheKitchen.jpg
83KB, 600x739px
>>49661921
>>49661831

I can't wait for the squat of those feminazi.
>>
>>49663126
>Also, any formation that gives you free shit in any way needs to burn in hellfire.
With the caveat that exceptions are made for Formations that bring things back from the dead for free, because honestly Tyranids (and to a lesser extent Orks and IG) should have way more of this.
>>
GCult player here, trying to decide why I would ever want Mining Lasers over Seismic Cannons.

1 shot at 24" with S9 AP 2 is good, but two shots at 12" with S8 AP 3 Rending(AP1) just feels so much better, considering you will almost always be deciding your engagement range, and you can also fire 4 super-rending heavy bolter shots at 12-24".
>>
>>49663139
Aye, I am just thinking of the ones I know off the top of my head, like the cult mechanicus/skitarii fusion list or the ironwolves where all upgrades are free.
>>
File: 2016-10-06_091537.png (112KB, 487x324px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-06_091537.png
112KB, 487x324px
>>49663155
Just try both and see for yourself.
>>
>>49663166
I'm going to, I'm just trying to decide whether or not to make my mining laser dudes from Overkill as is or swap them out with Seismic Cannons from the Neophyte box.
>>
>>49663155
mining laser is cheaper and always AP2.
plus against armour S9 can actually pen AV14.
>>
>>49663136
Personally I hope 8th sees SM all but extinct after the 13th crusade, loyalists and marines alike only ever seen when they raid worlds for candidates and "tithes", loyalists only barely tolerated by the crumbling imperium out of reverence for their heritage.
>>
>>49663176
Points cost doesn't matter when you're summoning them so I'm not concerned. The only upgrades I'm actually paying for on Neophytes are autocannon teams since I want those on the board firing turn 1 to gut transports before my turn 1 assaults.
>>
>>49662896
You fags already have specialist ammo.
>>49663033
That's a negligible decrease in complexity, and the idea behind the +2 S one is to let them hunt light vehicles.
>>
>>49663176
S8 Rending can pen AV14. If you roll a 6 for your pen roll you get another D3
>>
>>49663202
It's not actually Rending, it's just a 6 to pen is AP 1. People refer to it as super-rending but it's actually weaker against heavy armored vehicles.
>>
What / where are the points costs for dozer blade / searchlite/ hunterkiller etc for genestealer cult vehicles
>>
>>49663188
>SM all but extinct
Yeah, nah
>>
>>49663239
Wargear list pg 69
dozer blade 5 pts
heavy stubber or stormbolter 5 pts
hunter-killer missile 10 pts

These options are only available to Leman Russ and Chimeras. Sentinels have their own set of options on their pages, and the Goliaths don't have access to these things.
>>
>>49663302

All space marines become one
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 600x763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 600x763px
>>49663188
How could the 13th Crusade ever have such impact? the majority of Spae Marine Chapters isn't anywhere near it an off doing something completely different while this "epic event" happens.

best cocnlusion would be
"and then Abbadon was crushed by a Warlord Titan casually walking through the Black Legion line"
>>
>>49663126
>I think that str D needs to be toned down, and a lot of formations should have a point cost slapped on top of the units you need to bring
agreed yeah.
for D I'd do it like this. 1 is a fial. 2,3 just 1 auto wound/pen. 4,5 D3 wounds/pens 6 is just 3.

all eldar D except the wraith knights gets -1 on the table. Wraithknight goes up in points substantially.
>>
>>49663385
Fuck that. D shouldn't even be in normal 40k. That's fucking retarded. Superheavies and GMC all need to gtfo, too.
>>
>>49663401
nah super heavies and D in regular games is fine. it just needs to be apropriatly expensive to get your hands on. superheavies under 600 points should be rare and none under 400.
>>
Gatling Cannon or ML on Taurox Prime?
>>
File: WrongNeighborhoodXenos.png (530KB, 861x814px) Image search: [Google]
WrongNeighborhoodXenos.png
530KB, 861x814px
GSC is so last week....
Tell me how the imperium ever needed Space Marines to conquer anything at anypoint of the timeline again

you could kill a squad of 3 Primarch with like 20 of those normal humans.
And they are available in the billions.
>>
>>49663422

Maybe we'd see less bullshit that way. Make them like the gods in AoS, fine.

Also, fuck formations.
>>
>>49663479

I'd like to see walkers and superheavies and MC/GMC all utilize the same wound system that big monsters do in AoS, where they start off terrifying and become weaker after every 2-3 wounds lost. I think it would strike a fine line between the rule sets for MCs and Walkers, while making the latter suck less.
>>
>>49663401
You fucking said it, brother.
>>
>>49663490

The problem is that the wound system works in AoS because they all have like 7+ wounds that are fairly easy to remove. A T7 with 3+/4++/4+++ isn't exactly easy to remove.
>>
>>49663473
>skitarii
>normal humans
Anyways can S3 even wound some of the primarchs? I mean ignoring their layered saves, some are also tough enough to ignore bolter fire outright.
>>
>>49663439
ML. the dudes insise are already good at killing infantry. ML can open tanks and still has blasts if theres no armour too shoot.
>>
>>49663473
How much do they cost v Guardsmen?

Because 4 rending shots a man is better, but it needs to outstrip orders.
>>
>>49663511
Mortarion has T7 W7, iirc. I don't think he can be wounded by S3.
>>
>>49663524
>>shredding
>>
>>49663524
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads//Secutarii_Titan_Guard_Download.pdf

the second page
>>
>>49663538
130p10 + 13p
vs
50p10

I will take triple the humies then please.
>>
>>49663553
You'll loose then.
>>
>>49663553
up to 80 shots at S3 with shred means the squad can get just shy of it's own cost in point back in Terminator kills on one turn of shooting. A little mathammer proves that it is 3 times more effective than the hammershot, even against MEQ. With Doctrina Imperatives kicking in, they can deal 37 wounds on MEQ and 50 on GEQ, getting up to a whopping 43 on MEQ and 58 on GEQ with a targeting relay or choosing the Alpha as a warlord to give the squad the ability to reroll ones to hit. Really, a squad with impossible firepower (More shots than Orks, at Tau range and with better accuracy than marines) , definitely more resilient than regular skitarii while costing just 1 ppm more than Rangers...I don't know how they will play out but the maths on them show something disgusting.
>>
>>49663592
no, he'd win
>>
>>49663592
no, he'd tight
>>
Hey guys, I'm having trouble converting the new GSC epub into a pdf... all of the sites I've been using say that it's over the size limit or it exceeds the conversion time.

How has everyone else converted theirs? Help a brood brother out.
>>
>>49663612
>>49663621

yeah look at all the tournament imperial footslogging army are winning all over the word for so many years...

Oh Wait
>>
>>49663642
try readium on pc and kobo on android then you don't need a pdf
>>
>>49663644
Did you even read mine?

>>49663621
>>
What's the story behind the OP image?
>>
>>49663659
There were a fuckton of edits and arguments. We compromised by having them all.
>>
I can fit a Warpflame host in at 1000 points pretty easily. In fact, it's 815 for 4 Horrors, 4 Exlateds, 1 unit of flamers, and the Tzerald. What do I do to fill in the other 185 points?

Also, if one of my units summons a unit of horrors, do they get the benefit of the Warpflame host?
>>
>>49663644
>yeah look at all the tournament imperial footslogging army are winning all over the word for so many years...
yeah, because they are a tedious pain in the ass to transport and move around the table, while costing 4x more than any other army, at least.
>>
Hey I'm new to 40k and really wanted to get into it.
I have two questions though

Are the start collecting sets worth it?

Are the skitarii good to play? I read online they weren't developed enough to actually play for real yet.
>>
>>49663511
Mortarion has T7 while Ferrus Manus has T6 with -1S on enemy fire, so those two can ignore them, the rest are affected normally.
>>
>>49663691
Yes and Yes, but you should view Skitarii and Cult Mech as the same army and combine them.

Skitarii by themselves are ally tier, but they're really meant to be used with Cult Mech.
>>
>>49663691
the start collecting is the best bang for bucks.
Don't start skitarii as first army.

Literally buy the Start Collecting that looks cool and play a few games with a friend that did the same
>>
>>49663508
presumably such a big change would come woth restating mcs/walkers.
they could just release a list pf basic statlines in the rulebook like they did in 6e when character as a distinct unit type was added.
>>
>>49663705
ferrus is t7

the secutarii dont technically have 30k rules anyway though.
>>
>>49663691
The start collecting kits are actually good value, at least for GW products
>>
>>49663649
But what if I want a pdf?
>>
>>49663709
>Don't start skitarii as first army.

Rubbish. They're decent enough on the tabletop and don't have a crippling learning curve. They'd make for a perfectly fine starter army.
>>
>>49663705
isn't vulkan T7 as well?
>>
>>49663691
Start Collecting are a solid start. Most of them contain shit you want anyway, so go for it.
>they weren't developed enough to actually play for real yet
That's bullshit. Yes, Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus *should* have been one codex, not two, but between allies, formations and the like that's not an issue. Even by themselves Skitarii are a very solid force that can really mess up your opponent despite a comperatively small unit selection.
Still, once you expand you'll probably want som e CultMech units as well.
>>
>>49663724
Then you are fucked.
You can do screenshots and paste them together or start learning how to code, the Epub3 format is built differently and any converter will have to be purpose built.
>>
>>49663709
Don't listen to him, skittles are a valid starting force. They are no more complex than any other starter army bar the various flavors of marine.
>>
>>49663678
>Compromised
Some chump just lazily slapped a bunch of unfinished and shitty versions unused in months together with the most common ones.

The only thing compromized was quality.
>>
>>49662876
You're in luck!

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ork-Goff-Rockers
>>
>>49663812
>>49663733
I terms of cleaning and modelling theure on the hard side.
>>
>>49663812
>skittles are a valid starting force.
the tallarn models are hard to get though
>>
>>49663823
Wheres the rules?
>>
>>49663757
>>49663722
He actually is, I just looked it up. Turns out we have used the guy wrong for years. The local IH player will be surprised.
>>
>>49663837
Why?

Vulcan is Salamanders primarch.
>>
>>49661165
Their special character has one of the best warlord traits thou. Giving interceptor to any imperial unit he is with is not bad at all.

>YFW when Heavy Artillery Carriage x3 is intercepting
>>
>>49663678
I don't see a frankness.
>>
>>49661869
Hello fellow Portsmouth anon.

Were you there in 2012 when the dude was on the roof because he couldn't get his doll and picked our GWS because it's opposite the job centre?
>>
>someone suggest new CSM unit/rule/wargear
>someone says loyalists should get it instead
>someone says it should be weaker than loyalist equivalents despite drawbacks
Every Chaos homebrew ever.
>>
File: Jormungandr.jpg (14KB, 155x233px) Image search: [Google]
Jormungandr.jpg
14KB, 155x233px
What colour should Sons of Jormungandr Goliaths be?

Black?
>>
>>49663906
>Possessed
>Same stats.
>Type: beasts.
>Special rules:
>>Rending
>>Fleet
>>Daemon
>>Breath of chaos: Count as having assault & defensive grenades

:^)
>>
>>49663947
All things Jormungandr should be black and yellow. Which works perfectly with goliaths, just absolutely cover them in hazard stripes.
>>
>>49663870
dole* as in benefits.
>>
>>49663973
Sons of Jormungandr meet the Iron Warriors.

Battle of the Hazard Stripes.
>>
>>49663833
It says on the page to buy them there are none.
>>
>>49664005
And that why I miss them.
>>
>>49663959
>Possessed
Same price and rules, but W2. Done.
>>
>>49659820
Not a criticism more interest, what are you planning to achieve with this list?
>>
>>49664029
back off loyalist scum
>>
File: DSCF4344.jpg (1MB, 2144x959px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4344.jpg
1MB, 2144x959px
>>49662640
>>49662790
>>49662959
THINGS SHALL GET LOUD NOW
>>
File: WhatARetard.jpg (71KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
WhatARetard.jpg
71KB, 803x688px
>>49664029
>Done.

you still wouldn't take them.
>>
>>49664029
wouldnt fix anything
>>
>>49664029
I agree. I would definitely take them with 2 wounds.
>>
File: IMAG0201_1.jpg (367KB, 2014x2428px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0201_1.jpg
367KB, 2014x2428px
So yesterday i played a game against Space Muhrens i played Skittles and killed two Dreadnoughts with my Sydoonian Dragoons and then destroyed an rhino with both.the guy rage quitted, why are people such idiots...
>>
>>49664029
>>49664112
>samefag
>>
>>49664121
obviously.
will probably post a "proof" because he send one with phone data.
>>
File: 2016-10-06.png (310KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-06.png
310KB, 2560x1080px
>>49664121
>>
>>49664119
>MUH SPEESH MUHREENS
>DURR
>WAAH
*flips table*
>>
>>49664119
get some of those >>49663473
and he will probably commit sudoku
>>
Tell me about your dudes Anons.
>>
>>49664139
TAH-DAH-> >>49664140
>>
>>49664139
So, that would mean I have to post on /tg/ with both PC and Phone just for the slight change someone call me a samefag.

Yeah, no.

I honestly think 2 wound possessed solves a lot because they would have a role other than be "a more beefy CSM".
At the very least you wont lose them with boltershots as they were normal marines, which is stupid.

Will that make them good? No, but at least they are usable.
>>
>>49664086
>>49664103
And this is why chaos will never get anything good.
>>
>>49664170
>impliying >>49664029 is good
>>
>>49664139
>>49664121
Because it is totally impossible that two people might agree on something, right?
>>
>>49664177
with that bullshit?
>>
>>49664170
why? chaos wont get anything good because you are a moron?
>>
>>49664166
>>49664177

No it just mean you post with 1 device habitually and when you know 100% you'll be called a samefag, (like suggesting a +1W wound to FIX POSSESSED IN THE ACTUAL META) you purposefully use your other device to answer to another post you don't mention, like this answer >>49664112 answering
>>49664086
>>
>>49664179
How is the most obvious and needed buff for Possessed bullshit?
We have been talking about 2 wounds possessed for a while, since Gal Vorbak came out.

You think possessed need more?
Maybe, but 2 wounds is the very first thing to do.
>>
>>49664179
Ork codex had more than 2 working on it.
>>
>>49663306

Thanks
>>
>>49664196
Whatever dude.
You are just butthurt.

I like the idea of 2 wound possessed.
That would let me use the most juicy formations we have without feeling I'm taking the worst tax in the game.

That would not help me beat Eldar and Tau, but I would get to use one of my favourite unit once in a while.

So fuck you.
>>
I'm learning how to play this game as imperial guard.

Its very interesting

I love the idea of using the Ageis defense grid, 3 Wyverns and Camo netting to make a good artillery position.

That would give me a 3+ Cover save and if I Enclose the crew compartment then its no longer open topped.

I do have a questions regarding Enginseers "Awaken the Machine" rule which gives "Power of the machine spirit" rule to one vehicle.

"Power of the Machine spirit" states:

In a turn in which the vehicle neither moves Flat Out nor uses smoke launchers, the vehicle can fire one more weapon at its full Ballistic Skill than normally permitted. In addition, this weapon can be fired at a different target unit to any other weapons, subject to the normal rules for shooting.

Does this mean if I use that power I get to take a extra shot (at a different target) using one of the wyverns motors? Or am I reading that wrong?
>>
>>49664197
Because they're still bad with 2W. They still have to reach CQC and with the lack of delivery options and being infantry the odds are fucking awful.

They better be upgraded to something that can actually be good at CQC. Because you still can buy marks for choppyness or survivability.
>>
>>49664257
Well, yes.
I think the best thing would adding the fact that when you take a Mark of X, you also get the Daemon of X.

This is exactly what happen to Possessed in the Khorne Daemonkin, would be nice to extend it to Possessed in the CSM book.

That and the 2 wounds would make them nice.

And now we are at it, make the same for all the other Daemon CSM.
It's a strange coincidence that Possessed, Warp Talons and Mutilators all suck so much.
>>
File: deathwing.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
deathwing.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>meanwhile, Space Hulk is dropping for an entirely reasonable $39, and has a 15% discount for preorder
Even by game dev standards that's generous, let alone fucking GW. I'm starting to think GW's board of investors would skin the staff alive if they outright dropped prices, so they're starting to look for ways to discounts like Start Collecting!

Are there discounts on pre-orders for mini releases? I haven't bought anything from an actual GW in years.
>>
>>49664288
>This is exactly what happen to Possessed in the Khorne Daemonkin
which are still shit, and even with 2 wounds would be shit.
>>
>>49664314
That's where we disagree.
>>
>>49662078

Do you actually expect to get returns on that much Psyker?

I never understand why someone outside of Tzeentch Daemons actually does that: Yes, a small handful of Psyker powers are broken instead of useless, but diminishing returns really ought to be a thing.
>>
>>49664244
You read it wrong.
You can fire "one more weapon" not a weapon already fired can be fired again.
>>
>>49664244
you're reading that wrong. it just lets you move 6" and shoot 2 weapons at full BS. For the most part that's not really that useful because your Russes are heavy, though it's nice to shoot at a different target. Also, remember for IG Quantity > Quality. If you have fewer than 100 (or bare minimum) 75 guys you are too light and will be destroyed quickly.
>>
>>49664257
Alright, let's assume we don't fuck with the cost of possessed. How can they be fixed from there without infringing on the roles other models have and without just copying something loyalists have but with spikes?
As is, 3+/5++ isn't bad and the idea of W2 appeals to me. Maybe toss FnP on top of that? A second CCW is mandatory, obviously, as is some way to add more ooomph to the unit. Rending would be the default, but also the most boring choice. How about Smash instead? AP2 at initiative is always awesome and the option to double up on strength at the cost of attack volume would be nice.
>>
>>49664331
You already can fire all your weapons. Whats the point of this power then?
>>
>>49664329
roll on telepathy/bio til I get endurance & invis for my big unit, rest on broodmind for summons
>>
>>49664353
Ordnance
>>
I am planning to add a legacy of ruin to a rhino filled with plague marines, the legacy itself is the "maelstrom raider" that gives the vehicle outflank and fear. Is it a good option to take. My main army is going to be renegades & heretics with an allied detachment of CSM (1 sorcerer, plague marines, 1 rhino and 10 cultists)
>>
>>49664323
they cant get into combat
>>
>>49664329
GSC is a summoning army.

Yes, they're going to get returns on all those psykers when turn one they summon 40 Neophytes with max upgrades including special/heavy weapons of exactly the kind they happen to need against what the opponent is fielding, which roll on the Cult Ambush table to arrive instead of Deep Striking like normal summons and so have the potential to shoot twice or immediately charge, or just cover the entire board in dudes to prevent the enemy deep striking. And then after those summoned units take damage, they'll Return to Shadows and then Ambush again the following turn, recovering d6 dead models, while more dudes get summoned, snowballing into a larger and larger force every turn.

Meanwhile the Magi can play musical fodder attaching to whatever squad is the largest while using their auto-LoS special rule to be literally invincible unless you can kill their entire attached unit and them in the same turn.
>>
>>49664359
Guess its mostly a rule for apocalypse then. Only demolishers have ordnance in the astra militarum book here.

Regardless does everything else sound alright? Sorry I am new after all. (Example does the camo nets over the wyvern's give it a 3+ cover save with the ageis or does it only get a 4+ because you can't combine the camo nets and ageis?
>>
>>49664393
Regular russes do too.
>>
>>49664288
i think possesed should also be able to choose their mutation buff.
perhaps with the same not twice in a row Obliterators/mutilators have.
>>
>>49664353
>You already can fire all your weapons.
Not at full Ballistic Skill, and not any of them at full BS if you went Cruising Speed.
>>
>>49664340
Yep. That's why I wrote this >>49663959

You have choppyness (S5, Rending), mobility (beasts, fleet) and survivability (3+/5++)

That's assuming same stats and point costs, still not OP (no T5, FnP or 2W) so loyalfags wont complain much.

But you can also add marks for increased kill/endurance (rage, +1I, +1T, 4++)

And then add on top of that icons for more giggles (FC for rending S6 on the charge, FnP, fearless. IoT and IoN are actually useless on them, but hey).
>>
>>49664393
it also lets you shoot at a seperate target.
>>
>>49664393
Nets stacks with terrain cover
>>
>>49664405
Double fear ought to have a function.
Like a ld. penalty/ld. reroll/ability to affect marines
>>
>>49664429
>Fear ought to have a function.
There, fixed that for you,
>>
Black Templar update when?
>>
>>49664447
Oh it does, against not muhreens/demons it wrecks.
>>
>>49664461
Angels of Death just came out not too long ago, anon. That's the update.
>>
>>49664461
Never.
Stormies didnt give GW enough slavsheckels.
>>
>>49664393
>Only demolishers have ordnance in the astra militarum book here.

Russ MBT, Deathstrike, Basilisk, Hellstrike, Manticore.

And that's not taking into count all the FW units. Medusa, Griffon, Colossus, Destroyer, etc.
>>
Post the models are you going to raise from the grave.
>>
>>49664462
>it works against anybody it doesn't matter against
Great, that's super.
>>
>>49664476
I have a feeling this doesn't go far enough back to matter.

Unless I can get my superior 2e metal hormagaunts and lictors idgaf
>>
>>49664476
Juan Diaz daemonettes, hopefully.
>>
File: 564px-1204002502106og9.jpg (55KB, 564x600px) Image search: [Google]
564px-1204002502106og9.jpg
55KB, 564x600px
>>49664385
What happens if you encounter this t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶f̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ happy individual? They like to eat warp counters and psykers, not to mention they give everyone else WS/BS1 when they target them...
>>
File: Nazdreg.jpg (669KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Nazdreg.jpg
669KB, 1599x1066px
>>49664476
>>
File: Ripsquats.jpg (31KB, 340x473px) Image search: [Google]
Ripsquats.jpg
31KB, 340x473px
>>49664476
>>
>>49664516
Pop it like a pimple with a barrage of s8.
>>
>>49664476
Warhammer Fortress.

>>49664513
Would love some. I'm 10-12 short of finishing my army.
>>
>>49664476

"When they went into last chance"

Unless you wanna collect tomb kings, bretonians, ect it's not gonna matter.

Still... Might get the old Broodlord, I've been collecting Broodlords and Patriarchs this month for reasons unknown even to me.

Got the current Broodlord, the Patriarch, the Space Hulk Broodlord is in the mail, and I plan to convert a big buff Hive Tyrant Broodlord and a chair patriarch.

Add to that the resin Broodlord and I'll be up to six of the fuckers.
>>
>>49664516
I charge it with Genestealers on turn 1 and it fucking dies lol.
>>
>>49662078
I get what you're going for mechanically (though I have some doubts as towards its viability), but all those magi is a fucking disgrace fluff-wise.
And before anyone says it, yes, larger cults may have multiple magi, but 1850pts is not a gargantuan, planet-spanning network where this would be maybe reasonable.
>>
>>49664544

You know what you must do.

Run six First Curses.
>>
>>49664555
40k needs "0-1" back asap. For units and formations alike
>>
>>49663870
Oh shit, Portsmouth anons. I don't live there now, but I grew up there. Does Geraint still work at that GW?
>>
>>49664562
0-1 limits sales. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>49664476
I'm gonna give him the helm of the Chaos Lord on Steed instead of that, but still, I love it.
>>
>>49664553
>but 1850pts is not a gargantuan, planet-spanning network where this would be maybe reasonable.
Why not? The points limit of your army list does not equal the number of guys in your Cult fluff-wise, it's just the number that are brought to bear in that particular corner of that one particular battle.

Not to mention all the summoning bringing in more guys is showing how the Cult is way larger.
>>
>>49664562

There's only one patriarch in the Galaxy? News to me.
>>
>>49664144
Yeah more or less how he reacted
>>
>>49664584
Whatever man, you deserve all 12 Wraithknights coming at you.
>>
>>49664562
>waaaa no stealer shock allowed
You realize this was like, a legitimate list back in 4e, just Broodlords and Genestealers? And that it's actually incredibly fluffy?
>>
>>49663473

Maybe it's just because I play Orks, but Salvo should straight up not interact with Relentless and Slow and Purposeful. Salvo in and of itself is a great rule since it's a choice; move and get less firepower, but potentially improve your shot, or stay put and get more shots, but potentially at worse targets. Relentless and S&P take that and throw it out the window laughing. It gets me really fired up!
>>
>>49664553
Going for anything in your list besides the main detachment rapes the fluff desu, but limits your list flexibility.

Honestly though I'm usually pretty fluffy with my lists (my eldar is mostly aspect warriors & only have one wraithknight, & limited jetbikes)- but this would probably be more of a tournament style list.

But to your other point of it not being a planet-spanning size, it could be debated. Kill team cassius was sent to deal with an insurrection which had only 1 of each AFAIK, but this size list I'd expect a lot more than just a deathwatch kill team to take on, right?
>>
>>49662165
How many bikes can I take in a KT? I'm looking to start going to my lgs
>>
>>49664599

I'm not sure I even follow your logic.

Besides, Wraithknights are 1 per army in a CAD, and the only two guys I know of who own multiple Wraithknights I only ever see playing against one another.
>>
>>49664149
Actually thought about that or the hoplites they look pretty awesome
>>
>>49664623
Depends on points limit, hq choice ect.
>>
File: barricades.jpg (619KB, 1287x965px) Image search: [Google]
barricades.jpg
619KB, 1287x965px
>>49664476
Would love to see these come back. Fortunately I grabbed a set back when they were available, but they're honestly one of the best terrain pieces GW has ever produced.
>>
>>49664625
And they can take 12 of its single model fomation in the detatchment.
>>
6 first curses comes to...

2430 points, assuming you gave every Patriarch ML2 and two familiars.

70 points left over to assign to scything talons, and you've got yourself a 2500 list.
>>
>>49664144
>>49664149
Is it normal too say beforehand "its so easy too win against you your army is only supposed to be taken as Allies"?
Such a cunt, from what i heard he said he wouldnt play against OP army's anymore
>mfw he literally said Space marines are tier 3
>>
Can the IG still take assassins with the new dex?
>>
>>49664646

Yes.

And those two guys only play against one another. Did I stutter?
>>
>>49664646
That's not a Formation, it's an army list entry.
>>
>>49664599
I just noticed that he spammed the allied HQ detachment bullshit too.

When you have more than 2 HQs you're trying to pull a fast one. That;s when someone starts playing Unbound armies and it becomes a table flipping war.
>>
>>49664625
>>49664604
>>49664584
>>49664555
Nvm mixed it up with the Magus, Patriarch and other boss formation.

That said according to their own book its 1 Patriarch per world, the rest move on to other worlds or become his bodyguard.
>>
>>49664462
>Doesn't work against ATSKNF
Any flavor of marine is out.
>Doesn't work against Fearless.
Tyranids, Knights, Cult Mechanicus, KDK and Daemons are out.
>Barely ever works against Ld10.
Necrons are out.
>Is irrelevant against shooty armies that are shit in melee anyway.
Tau, Skitarii, Scions, Sisters of Battle and Imperial Guard are out.

That leaves Orks and non-cult CSM, both of whom don't need any help being fucking awful, Eldar, who will laugh you out of the room anyway, Genecults and Harlequins.
That's really impressive. Fear sure is useful, huh.
>>
>>49664653
The dex is like three years old. Nothing has changed since then.
>>
>>49664665

World has 5 inhabited moons, each with their own patriarch.

Their cults are close enough to slightly overlap their gestalt psychic fields, leading to the prime patriarch on the world below being even bigger and buffer, hence the guy's hive tyrant conversion he mentioned.

There, fluffy.
>>
>>49664694
And 4/5 catch a flight and leave their world unattended.
>>
>>49664694
Who says its one patriarch per world anyway? The way I read it its one per cult, and cults are mining communities, platoons e.t.c., no reason why there can't be more than one to a world who all decide to launch their attack once they know tyranids/daddys coming
>>
>>49664704

5/6 actually.
>>
>>49664340
You take the powers of the CSM and the crimson slaugher possessed. But you do not roll them.
You choose them each turn, obliterator-style.
>>
>>49664029
The number one issue that Possessed have is the inability to get into combat. They need access to Drop Pods, not-shit Assault Vehicles, and/or faster than normal movement.
>>
>>49664119
Well that unit is rather good and cheap point wise for that it does, specially in the dragoon knight formation thingy.

Then again Eldar, Marines, Tau and Necron bitch and moan about Dominions, Seraphim and Celestin.

Sorry if I play a mediocre army and learn to pull out miracles instead of relaying on the broken shit of the month to win.
>>
>>49664648
You REALLY lose out by now having a Primus, though.

Decent list:

CAD
ML 2 Patriarch 115 (Warlord, gets trait re-roll)
2x Familiars 10
Primus 75
Acolytes x5 40
Acolytes x5 40

Subterranean Uprising
Primus 75
Acolytes x10 80 (Attach Primus A)
Acolytes x10 80 (Attach Primus B)
Metamorphs x5 45

First Curse
ML 2 Patriarch 115
2x Familiars 10
20x stealers 280
10x scything talons 30

First Curse
ML 2 Patriarch 115
2x Familiars 10
20x stealers 280
10x scything talons 30

First Curse
ML 2 Patriarch 115
2x Familiars 10
20x stealers 280
5x scything talons 15

Total 1850
>>
File: Dreadclaw Drop Pod.png (26KB, 756x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dreadclaw Drop Pod.png
26KB, 756x523px
Does this fix the Dreadclaw?
>>
File: Post41241578053.jpg (140KB, 900x546px) Image search: [Google]
Post41241578053.jpg
140KB, 900x546px
>>49664749
Yeah i get what you mean im also the only Skitarri player they hate me for taking an supposed Ally faction and trying my best with it, stay strong brother! Or well sister
>>
>>49664787
When did the "Skitarii are a gimped ally-only faction" meme start?
>>
>>49664793
>>49664787
The skits are a "conversion kit for inquisimunda players" faction
>>
File: professor.jpg (15KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
professor.jpg
15KB, 480x371px
>>49664754
>>
>>49664793
No idea. The fact that they really should have been one faction with the cult mechanicus is one thing, but the idea that they are worthless on their own is just bizarre.
>>
>>49664793
When GW gave them a Codex without any transports and then put half the AdMech shit in another Codex.
>>
>>49664811
What's the issue?
>>
>>49664693
but yes or no?
>>
File: Listen.png (522KB, 748x499px) Image search: [Google]
Listen.png
522KB, 748x499px
>>49664821
>>49664800
>>49664793
>>49664824
Literally got laughed at for buying them as my first army ever last year, they all told me that Admech was shit and i started to believe it until i found out they only know how too play against Space Marines,Eldar and tau, although they are a few cool guys at my GW store
>>
>>49664718
>But you do not roll them.
You have them all at once.
>>
>>49664857
vanguard do kinda want some kind of transport, but yeah, they're a solid army

I'd probably start one of my own if I wasn't swamped with unfinished projects already.
>>
>>49664821
>The fact that they really should have been one faction with the cult mechanicus is one thing
I get why GW did it, the skitarri and cult mechanicus are linked but seperate. Like the echlesiarchy and IG. Plus it let them give different army special rules.
>>
>>49664549
Let's see.

>Culexus 140 pts
>10x Genestealers 140 pts

Nice, numbers match up well.

>Genestealers get lucky and can charge turn 1
>Culexus hits first
>4 attacks hitting on 3's
>2.66 hits
>1.33 wounds
>5++ dodge, 0.88 dead genestealers
>genestealers attack back with 40 attacks, hitting on 5's
>13.33 hits
>6.66 wounds
>4++ dodge, 3.33 unsaved, dead Culexus

Checks out. And that's without buffs from Hatred or Furious Charge.
>>
>>49664881
By that logic Valkyries and Vendettas should have their own codex seperate from IG.
>>
File: 1466716331362.png (501KB, 1280x651px) Image search: [Google]
1466716331362.png
501KB, 1280x651px
I've made a terrible mistake, I'm painting up my Mechanicus for Armies on Parade and I painted all the cool robots and vehicles first. Now I have to paint twenty infantry and only those twenty infantry before I'm done.

It's like eating a big plate of flour.
>>
>>49664906
Weird I would feel the opposite. Infantry are most fun to paint, big vehicles with large monotonous surfaces are boring.
>>
>>49664904
>Codex: Chaos Spawn
>Codex: Berzerkers
>Codex: Emperor's Children
>Codex: Death Guard
>Codex: Dust Buckets
>Codex: Renegade Space Marines
>Codex: Traitor Space Marines
>Codex: The Lost and the Damned
>Codex: Traitor Guard
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1334x750px
Have you guys seen this new GSC kit?
>>
>>49664940
Welcome to roughly one and a half weeks ago, anon.
Well done.
>>
>>49664906
I've got three rhino chassis vehicles to paint and I really fucking don't want to.

Vehicles are the worst.
>>
Anyone got a link to the full genestealer codex pdf
>>
>looking at old-ish exclusive models
>space marine command tanks look baller as fuck
>only 1 listing on ebay and I won't be able to afford spending that kind of dosh for a long amount of time
I guess thats an exclusive out of my reach forever
>>
File: BlueManGroup10.jpg (900KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
BlueManGroup10.jpg
900KB, 2688x1520px
>>49664921
I agree, big flat Imperial bawkses make me very sad. The nice part about my big stuff is that they're mostly just giant infantry, and they're a joy to paint. The little guys are just annoying because there's so many of them.
>>
>>49664940
Sky mother is an equal opportunity employer.
>>
>>49664940
WHAT THE FUCK WHEN WAS THIS FIRST SHOWN
we've known about it since at least the weekend when the scans for white dwarf were uploaded maybe even before then
>>
>>49664978
Oh man I really wanna get one of those, but its like 81 euro bucks
>>
>>49664940
No, anon, why don't you tell me about them.
Why do they wear the masks!?
>>
>>49664921
I agree. Small fun, big tedious

Skaven is like a unending nightmare though. So many tiny skaven.... The idea was cool, the regret becomes real after the first 40. Only 80 more to go...
>>
How many points is a standard Land Raider Phobos actually worth? 220 points? 200 points? 180 points?
>>
>>49665051
140 points in the current meta.
>>
File: 99120113030_Riptide01.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120113030_Riptide01.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
Hey, how much of a time and cash dump is this to get into as a hobby?

I'd also have to buy 2 armies so that I can play against friends bc I live in a town where mtg is king and there's nothing around for 300.

I play dnd but like the warhammer style a lot more. Been reading the lore for years.
>>
>>49665088
Huge time sink, you will never have the time you need to get everything you want done, and it is a black hole for your wallet
>>
>>49665082
The current top meta is cancerously unsustainable. Genestealer Cults should be a massive wake-up call to people.

Aiming for that Necron-Space Wolf (minus Wolfstar)-tier balance, how many points is the bog standard Land Raider worth?
>>
>>49665101
150 then
>>
>>49665088
In order to really capture that authentic 40k feel, make sure to pick Eldar or Tau and Orks or Chaos Space Marines as your two armies.
>>
>>49665098
Do you *have* to have the figurines to play?

Can I start by using bottlecaps and play with my room mates before dumping into figs?
>>
File: 1469779891781.jpg (6KB, 170x141px) Image search: [Google]
1469779891781.jpg
6KB, 170x141px
>>49665088
Consider picking up a crack habit instead, it's cheaper and better for your health.
>>
>>49665115
Why those armies?

Why not normal space marines over chaos?
>>
>>49665101
>>49665114
any 'transport' that has a 1 in 6 chance to crash and immobilize itself upon touching terrain cannot be worth more than 150 points.

You could try and spin it as a gun platform with a transport capacity but the firepower you get for that many points is just pathetic.
Maybe way back when a few TL lascannons was good and av14 was hard to break but these days we have D-weapons and haywire.
>>
>>49665128
Sure, I suggest cutting out bits of paper and writing down what it is on it.
Fold it in to a little L bend so it stands up.
>>
>>49665114
I really want to say that that seems too low, but I can't really argue it. Even at 150 points, it's going to be absurdly expensive once you factor in the unit inside.

I'm trying to figure out where to put the baseline Land Raider price point for the Build-a-Raider entry in my CSM fandex. I can already see the angry posts about how utterly broken a 150 point Chaos Land Raider would be.
>>
>>49665155
Why not base it at 140 and make them pay for guns?
30 points for two TL lascannon sponsons and such.
>>
>>49665151
What is a good point budget for a beginner army list?
>>
Hmmm, if a Land Raider Phobos is worth 150 points, how many points is a tri-Las Predator worth? 100?
>>
>>49665171
500. You can start with 200 (or 250) point Killteams, but Killteam plays pretty differently from regular 40k.
>>49665167
That's the plan. Starts with sixteen capacity, and then each weapon option (other than the Heavy Bolter in the hull) affects the transport capacity to a greater or lesser degree. I'm planning on just including the current line up of Chaos Vehicle weapons (Lascannon, Reapers, Butchers, and Ectoplasma).

170 does seem like a pretty reasonable starting point. It may be more than the Land Raider is really worth, but I'd rather start a bit high and work from there.
>>
Reading the new genestealer codex information online I'm a bit hesitant to get into the game now since I can see my starter guard army being smashed to pieces by the genestealer swarm.

Reading their stuff I honestly don't know how to counter them..
>>
File: wp_ss_20161005_0003.png (294KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20161005_0003.png
294KB, 720x1280px
>>49663605
>>
>>49664334
it is nice at it allows the use of a battlecannon or other ordnance weapon while using the secondary armament. But thats about it.
>>
>>49665172
>>
>>49665088
>Time
As much as you want to put in. To fully paint an army will generally take more than a few weekends though.

>Cash
All gone. All of it. If you're good enough at painting you might be able to sell some of it, at a loss, when you decide to have a second child.
>>
>>49664476
old leman russ kit. with the tracks and wheels, plox

>>49664513
if they redo them, they might aswell stop regular demonette production.
>>
>>49665230
Take a big blob of Conscripts or two, and wrap your entire army with them. Throw in a priest to keep them fighting and maybe even let them kill some dudes.

Bring Inquisitor Coteaz for protection in the later turns, and, until they FAQ it, bring some Servo-Skulls.

Bring Wyverns.

Don't play assholes. GSC are just as cancerous as Eldar, and, like with Eldar, sometimes the only winning move is not to play.
>>
>>49665171
i find 500 very limiting. would sugget 750 as 500 is usually hq+2troop+one other thing.
>>
>>49665259
>GSC are just as cancerous as Eldar
Have you even played a game vs them yet or are you just talking shit?
>>
>>49665230
play other armies. theres csm, orks, dark eldar etc. how likewise will not want to play against them.
>>
>>49664904
No, they're IG units. Its the proper planes like the thunderbolt or lightning that are navy.
>>
>>49665271
>500 is usually hq+2troop+one other thing
Thats a good thing, keep things simple while learning makes things easier. Plus once he has a handle on the game and how his army plays he'll have a better idea what sort of army he wants to end up with.
>>
>>49665293
valkyries are navy too, actually.
>>
>>49665272
Do you need to play a game against Eldar to realize that Wraithknights, Scatbikes, or Warp Spiders are some bullshit?
>>
>>49665326
Combat patrol at 400 pts is better than regular 500 for learning the game. Even better than kill team, I'd say.
>>
>>49665259
>>49665284

I'm totally new so it'll take a while before I get 100 conscripts. I was thinking about throwing in a culexus to stop the psyker spam but honestly looking at their army list and how they can take IG tanks, sneak up on my artillery by going underground or just plain regenerate I'm a bit intimidated.
>>
>>49665293
No, if it can fly, it's Navy property. The High Lords REALLY don't want IG rebels getting off the ground

I bet they would ban jumping if they could.
>>
>>49665366
It's because they're bs. Just don't play against gsc
>>
>>49664978
>Allowing moss to grow on your Bloop
>Allowing fucking OWLS to nest on your bloop
Do not pass go, go directly to the fucking mines/10
>>
>>49665041
Consuming this planet.
with no survivors.
>>
>>49664936
>codex: Thousand Sons
>>
File: 1464812361626.jpg (43KB, 259x270px) Image search: [Google]
1464812361626.jpg
43KB, 259x270px
>>49665389
Have you ever tried telling a siege automata he needs to pay a pet deposit?

Besides, the planet's covered in jungle that blooms like fungus every time the sun sets. Fall asleep in the open, wake up a petri dish.
>>
>>49665489
>Codex: Dust Buckets
>>49665366
Problem with the Culexus is that he's slow and GSC can just spread their psykers all over the table. He can at least stop the First Cycle from going full psychic deathstar, but they don't really need to against IG (or many armies, these new genestealers are sick).

Even the now-defunct Culexus Pod wouldn't be much help in this situation.
>>
>>49665560
I think they prefer the term "dust bunnies" these days.
>>
>>49663827
Compared to what ?
I started with Orks and honestly Skitarii seem like a super nice army to start with. Skitarii are a much better beginner army. I would say Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tyranids etc. all worse starter forces. Horde armies are just a lot more work and having a steep learning curve isn´t helpful.
>>
>>49665333

>Warp Spiders
>Bullshit

You're about 3 months out of date.
>>
>>49665699
replied to the wrong guy
>>
File: strike-ultima-formation.jpg (134KB, 901x676px) Image search: [Google]
strike-ultima-formation.jpg
134KB, 901x676px
>>
>>49665755
That is really good. I mean, Land Raider tax, okay, that's pretty shitty, especially since the terminators and the captain cannot embark together, but having Assault 2 combimeltas on the vets is aces, a flyer on the table T1 is useful, and the terminators can be replaced by cataphractii.
>>
>>49665702
They went from "ultimate colon-blocker cheddar" to "spicy aged cheddar."
>>
>>49665333
Did I only just notice that nowhere there was mentioned Wraithguard or hemlocks?
>>
>>49665876
>Land Raider tax
four twin-linked lascannon shots on the first turn

Honestly the razorback and the interceptor are what seem pointless. Land raider can carry the tacs, pod for the vets, terminators deep strike. But the razorback's got nothing to go inside it and the interceptor's not going to have any planes to intercept on the first turn.
>>
>>49665901
Good thing I didn't title the post "A Thorough and Exhaustive Listing of Every Overpowered Eldar Unit in Order of Cheesiness."
>>
>>49665924
So you're saying that Wraithguard and D-Scythes aren't top 3?
>>
>>49665755
Throw the Tacticals in a Pod with a Cataphractii Captain. Give them a Meltagun, a Multi-melta, and a Combi-melta. Give the Captain a Combi-melta. Slag a tank with 8 melta shots.

Throw the Sternguard in another Drop Pod. Slag another tank(s) with 10-20 melta shots.

Give the pods Deathwing launchers for double the pie plate goodness.
>>
>>49665933
Did I say I was listing the top three? Fuck off, you autistic pedant.
>>
>>49662078
Fuckign try-hard
>>
recently got into the game with a friend, i' playing chaos space marines and he's playing eldar.

How do i win?
>>
>>49666031
You literally can't.
>>
>>49666047
believable, playing for a week, haven't won once.
>>
>>49666061
That's what playing one of the corst codices against the best gets you.
>>
>>49666031
What models do you both own? How many points are we talking?

The bottom tier codexes (Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Tyranids) can't really compete with the top tier ones (Eldar, Space Marines, Tau, Daemons) unless the top tier ones are deliberately building poor lists.
>>
>>49666031
But you can try.
>Renegade knight detachment with 2 gatling cannons
>cyclopia cabal 3 ML3 bike sorcs with power axes
>spawn x5
>cultist detachment
>abbadon's chosen terminator with TDA sorcs ML3
>Ahriman

if you still have points to expend take more knights
>>
>>49666124
>if you're playing chaos marines, don't play chaos marines
Sad, but true.
>>
>>49664340
>without just copying something loyalists have but with spikes?
Why is that a bad plan? Does every unit really need to be a special snowflake?
>>
>>49666218
Yes, distinction is important. Otherwise you might as well just play loyalists and glue spikes onto them.
>>
>>49666114
1,000pts

i've got a chaos lord, 9 termies, 25 chaos space marines and 2 hellbrutes

He's got an ilak, 18 rangers, 2 wraithlords and 8 wraithguards with D-Scythes.

It seems like if he gets bad rolls i have somewhat of a chance, but if i get bad rolls i'm off the board T2

I'm more into the art/hobby side of the game, feels bad when your two favorite armies are Chaos and Orks

How are daemons good?
>>
Anyone have Space Odin's mega archive?OP is a faggot as always and hasn't updated shit
>>
>>49666243
I think it was Space Odin's,I may be wrong,but I remember there was this more comprehensive mega archive that was posted a few threads back
>>
>>49666242
>He's got an ilak, 18 rangers, 2 wraithlords and 8 wraithguards with D-Scythes.

You're fucked, mate.
>>
>>49666218
I think it's funny given that he essentially means "don't just copy Wulfen" which in turn are just Possessed with the spikes covered in fur.

What design space is left for CSM to fill? We already have multiple codexes for "Space Marines with a close combat focus and also some mutated guys." We already have a book for "Psychic Space Marines supported by monstrous creatures."
>>
>>49666242
Get some Drop Pods, run Black Legion for Chosen Troops, and shove a bunch of plasma up the Wraithguard's D's turn one.

>inb4 chaos drop pods rrrreeeeeeeeee
Any reasonable person will let you use them. You have them in the fluff, and
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Webstore-Blog/2016/07/25/Using-all-the-Space-Marines
sure as shit sets a precedent. If your opponent is unreasonable, just start using loyalist rules for your spikey marines. You don't even have any models that don't have a direct loyalist analogue.
>>
>>49665918
Combat squad the tacs. Half and half em in the 2 boxes
>>
>>49666258
That's been the case all week.

>>49666322
how do chosen differ from regular marines? i couldn't see much of a benefit for the extra points, but i'm a noob who's been playing a week so i'm legitimately asking because i don't know.
>>
>>49666358
thing is they only have two usable weapons (the combi+special)

If they take a heavy weapon the dude's stuck with snap-firing his gun the turn he has the extra bonus shot. If they could take heavy flamers or a second special weapon that would be a lot more useful.
>>
>>49666172
ikr :^(
>>
I'm looking to start a good army, what makes daemons so good? What units work best?
>>
>>49666242
daemons are top tier
>>
>>49666380
Chosen can take five special weapons. Yes, they're super expensive, but in a Pod they offer some serious alpha strike potential.
>>
>>49666272
>I think it's fucking annoying
FTFY
>>
>>49666239
Would that be so bad? 30k traitor SM play from the same core lists as loyalists (with a couple of defining legion characters and specilist units) and folk seem to enjoy 30k quite a bit.
>>
>>49666435
i see, that makes more sense, i must have just been reading things wrong.

Do you think it would be better to just jump ship and play daemons? we've started a really small gaming group locally that consists of eldar, tau and space marines, i want something that can compete with these that isn't one of them.

If so could you (or anyone) point me in the direction of a good 1,000pt daemon army?
>>
File: DSC_0100.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0100.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Hey, I found some really old tabletop stuff at my uni from a former tabletop group that nobody wants anymore and people thought about throwing it away. I presume it's from warhammer, but I'm not entirely sure.

Do you guys think anyone would want to buy this stuff? Should I ask around at the local games Workshop or put it online? How much could it be worth?
>>
UK that would be about £80-£150 worth of scenery. The buildings are all 40k stuff.
>>
>>49666386
You can load the 4 tacs and a vet srgnt into the land raider. Give him either a combi melta with a bomb or a power weapon/pf/th. Put the other 5 in the razorback with a assault cannon and put the specialist/heavy weapon in here.
>>
>>49666386
Also grav cannon for heavy. Extra shot still helps with salvo.
>>
>>49666243
>>49666255
Neither is mine, but I saved the links. No promises as to their functionality:

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
>>
>>49666468
Lay it all out so we can actually see what you have, genius.

Also that shit with trees is poorly made and wouldnt sell for $5

The buildings might but that shitty paint on them is going to drop value.
>>
>>49666547
>>49666547
>>49666547
Sextuplet Sixes Soon
>>
File: fighting daemons in combat.gif (499KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
fighting daemons in combat.gif
499KB, 500x416px
>>49666422
fateweaver, flesh hounds, pink horrors, cheap heralds, skullcannons, screamers.

they're a semi horde army with fmc, destroyer bloodthrister, high stats (most of my army is ws5 or better), incursion gives them +/- 1 on the warp storm and lets them cap objectives despite being no where near them (i had a game where i capped objectives in my foe's deployment because he wasn't touching them that turn), summoning lets them recoup losses easily, they're fast, psychic powers are expanded and great. there's a reason why grey knights are an army and while they counter daemons they're not gonna be winning easily
>>
>>49663039
Yes, it wouldn't gain any of the decurion's benefits due to being in a separate formation detachment however.
>>
>>49666468
it's 40k. what's with all those piss bottles, anon?
>>
>>49664973
>>49664973
I got you
https://mega.nz/#!74c3zBaD!6KlbR4Le_4xd4cr4G8-f37o_qg-pAxfqJ8xEYW__mig
>>
>>49661959
>kino

Stop misusing /tv/ memes.
>>
What's the army you would like to have if buying, building or painting wasn't a issue?

I'd love to have a renegades and heretics heretics army, chaos undivided traitor guard with all the elite infantry and war machines at the back driving hordes of mutants and brainwashed rabble in the enemy.
>>
>>49666584

That's fine, I'm mostly taking it to do the deep strike charge. I only own 5 assault terminators and i'm not about to fork over the money and paint 10 more when I have 15 sanguinary guard, Dante and the Sanguinor to choose from. Plus it keeps my army all strictly jump packs and one unfortunate dreadnought in a pod.
>>
>>49663365
Best Salamanders picture EVAR
>>
>>49667240

As much as people bitch? Chaos Daemons + Chaos Space Marines. Lots of Slaaneshi (Juan Diaz daemonettes, Forge World Keeper or third party) and Tzeentch (muh horrors, muh heralds, muh Kairos, muh third party Changer of Ways) daemons backed by a Dark Apostle, Daemon Princes (converted), Possessed (conversions, or Gal Vorbak), Maulerfiends, converted Heldrakes, Raptors/Warp Talons, and Chosen using the Dark Vengeance unit plus conversions using Forge World pieces.

I already have a lot of Khornate stuff, so i'd probably make this a Word Bearers or other undivded army. No Nurgle though. We like our internal organs to remain internal.
>>
>>49667240

T'au battlesuit spam. At least a dozen Crisis Suits, two units of railgun Broadsides, 2-3 Riptides and a Tau'nar as the centerpiece model.

Wraith themed Iyanden Eldar army. Knights, lords, guard. Or an Aspect list if they ever bothered to update their models.
>>
1500 point ITC List, what do you guys think?
http://pastebin.com/Z3k3DQ5H
>>
File: manly eldar.jpg (79KB, 462x640px) Image search: [Google]
manly eldar.jpg
79KB, 462x640px
>>49667240
manly eldar, i don't have time to build/greenstuff/cast right now but maybe next year
>>
>>49666579
Wow that sounds badass, do they make good KT? What points are your army?
>>
>>49667926
You sick bastard
Thread posts: 407
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.