[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best trading card game and why is it Yugioh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

What's the best trading card game and why is it Yugioh?
>>
File: Best TCG.png (21KB, 141x164px) Image search: [Google]
Best TCG.png
21KB, 141x164px
>>
File: Jinzo-DPBC-EN-R-1E.png (383KB, 310x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jinzo-DPBC-EN-R-1E.png
383KB, 310x450px
>>49660870
>Massive power creep
>Wildly fluctuating meta
>Unintuitive rulings
>Errata that completely changes cards (Dark Strike Fighter)
>Zero Flavour
>Walls of text on every card

I've done my time, I'm not going back

That said, pretty much every card in the game screams BUILD AROUND ME
>>
>best collectible/trading card game
>not Warlord: Saga Of The Storm

I thought trolling was frowned upon.
>>
>>49662661
>Massive power creep
It's what makes the game fun.
>Wildly fluctuating meta
BA has been meta since its release.
>Errata that completely changes cards (Dark Strike Fighter)
It helps take cards off the ban list. Dark Striker Fighter would only be used for FTKs if it wasn't errated.
>Zero Flavour
What is Duel Terminal?
>Walls of text on every card
Not true.
>>
>>49662919
I mean, you do you man, but the power creep really throws me off. In other games a deck from four years ago might not be great now, but still playable, and with a good pilot could go positive in a local event, but not with YGO.

I'm not saying DSF wasn't overpowered as crap, but fundamentally changing it firstly makes things confusing for people with the old card, and secondly whats to stop them from doing it to other cards? Maybe when they next bannable card comes out they'll just turn around and say "No, how about once per turn instead?" Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days where my burn deck gets killed by a flurry of Bora's and Gales, but I don't like it.

I haven't heard of any flavour from duel terminal, honestly when started to stop playing was when DT cards were just coming out, so I don't know much about them.

As for the walls of text, look inside yourself, you know it to be true.
>>
>>49663150
Honestly, I think Yugioh has been getting better. Older archetypes were mostly unplayable and filled with useless cards. Most new archetypes are streamlined and are playable, even stuff like Digital Bugs can work. Sure, they won't be winning a YCS or anything, but the deck works. The meta has been pretty great right now. Blue Eyes and BA are manageable and can be outplayed if you know what you're doing. ABC will change everything, but the deck can still be countered.

They've already changed a lot of cards like Sangan and DMoC.

Pic related

Jinzo has like 1 sentence, so not all cards have walls of text.
>>
File: 1475739424014.jpg (3MB, 3076x2206px) Image search: [Google]
1475739424014.jpg
3MB, 3076x2206px
>>49663326
Forgot picture
>>
>>49663326
Well if the game's getting better that's great. Still, I prefer a game with rotating formats and limited, but I do have a game or two of YGO every now than then.

And obviously not EVERY card, but a hell of a lot of cards, especially compared to other games.
>>
>defending power creep.

Also, from working at a game store, worst player base by far. There were a handful of bros, but theft skyrocketed on yugioh nights and the drama was awful. The owner dropped the organized play, stopped selling cards and never looked back, and it was the second best decision he ever made.
>>
>>49663677
This.
Magic is mostly white people and Yugioh is all races.
>>
>>49663677
None of the shops I've been have had those problems.
>>
>>49664616
Not even close, /pol/. If anything, yugioh was more white, though a slightly younger crowd, which is where I believe the problem came from.
Don't think Magic is off the hook, the biggest theft at the store was a white Magic player, he was the only one who was near the specific card binders.
The only card game players that have consistently been no trouble, no drama, no theft, and actually enjoyable to have in the store have been the Pokémon tcg players.
>>
>>49660870
Because it's an excellent gateway card game into real ones like MTG or netrunner.
>>
>>49667517
Might have been a local thing, or maybe it's not something you would notice from being a patron as opposed to working there. I doubt you would notice like 5 packs of deck sleeves, a few card packs (even though those are supposed to be behind the counter) , and maybe 1 small card/party game missing by the end of the night when it happens in a crowd of people.
We could only find out at the end of the night when everyone was gone.
>>
>>49667895
No one steals from locals because someone always buys everything they have.
>>
>>49667757
Just talking from personal experience.
Magic is just nerdy white guys while yugioh is played by all kinds of people.
>>
I play Magic, Pokemon, Battle Scenes and Yu-Gi-Oh!, what's the big deal?
>>
Anyone interested in playing Yugioh?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.