[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to warhammer 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: WyvernFiring000.png (1MB, 1094x1151px) Image search: [Google]
WyvernFiring000.png
1MB, 1094x1151px
Regarding "Unbound armies"

Do people use them often? I can see how this could be really abused.

For instance: Instead of having a squad of Wyvern suppression tanks I could split them up and fire at different targets instead of shooting in unbound.

Does this happen often or do most people play battleforged?
>>
>>49659360
>Do people use them often? I can see how this could be really abused.

Basically everyone plays battleforged. I don't know what tournament rules are, but I've never seen someone bring unbound to a casual game.
>>
>>49659360
>Do people use them often?

In my gaming circles it's very common. It led to a rapidly shifting meta in which few individual games were remotely even, and is now dominated by lolstomp Knight players and superheavies. The only Battleforged I see regularly are Eldar jetbike armies.

Shit like this is why I only play HoR kill team.
>>
>>49659420
>>49659434
Thanks for responding so quickly!

I'll probably play battle-forged since it seems better "fluff wise". Its going to take a long time to collect all the models though.

Keep being excellent to each other.
>>
>>49659360

Nobody plays Unbound because they were terrified of things like all-Wraithknight armies or all-Riptides. So it was unofficially banned worldwide.

Then the Decurions came, but unbound is still banned because bad tummyfeels
>>
>>49659360
I'm still low points, and last week played another guy in a game of 575 points kill points. My list was my standard battleforged IG 500 with an extra veteran squad and some upgrades tacked on to meet hi points demands. His was an unbound all-elites skitarii army, and when I asked he said low-point lists don't need to be battleforged. And by all elites I mean those two of those new peltasts guys and one unit of those new hoplites. I remember asking him what they did and he filled my head with a dozen special rules and weapon profiles. It was nuts! Fortunately the rules become much clearer once you see them played on the board.

Unfortunately for him, "Battleforged" doesn't mean "Weak". Indeed, an IG army can be super cheese and remain battleforged at low tiers. Let's just say that all the haywire in the world is useless when you need to be in pistol range and that tank your charging is covered in flamers.
>>
>>49659360
My LGS has a gentleman's agreement about unbound lists. Every once in a while there are a couple of unbound games that turn up but most of us are crusty old grognards who sit in rocking chairs and shake our canes at newfangled things like flyers and formations.
>>
>>49659360
I occationally see a unbound fight, usually a nid player that brings a Hierodule and pure formations as theres no way to get a nid LoW without a CaD.
>>
>>49659360
I play an unbound bloodaxe ork army full of looted tanks, i think you can generally get away with playing unbound with certain armies without many complaints, especially if your opponent plays a top tier army.
>>
I play unbound all the time, most tournys usually restrict it though.

Unbound is better for fluffy lists despite what people say.
Amoured company for imperial guard? Yes
First company blood angels in terminator armour? Yes
Necron wave tactics with basic troops? Yes

Unbound is so much easier for pickup games as well and unless someone is running 6 wraith knights its still pretty balanced. The biggest thing is that no one has the uber over the top unbound lists that everyone was worried about
>>
never seen an unbound army at my club, although I've seen some really bullshit battleforged lists (who brings 3 land raiders to a 1500 point game, seriously?)
>>
Unbound was designed to topple cookie cutter lists and fortification spam it used to be banned like fw but now its not seeing as the gw campaij books are now just mini imperial armor books. Also what people are willing to own and paint fixed it and you can get close enough with fortifications I tealky thing its the same as rolling or picking in AOS play unbound until you know what your doing and are ready to glue on weapon options keep them rag dolls till then unbound is BRRB raw and ITC is a waste of reading time its just dark ages battles but instead they make a 5 page off to cover insecurity they can't afford Low or fortification networks it all balances out once you Taylor you list or buy some lop sides collection in unbound. You can send 15 landskeexers and have a army of 3000 points in 2000 point game ... Yup and I'm building toward that and that sibt unbound

So any thing goes you will enjoy what you got more if you you just take all if it with out thinking before you hit 1850 maybe just let him tKe 1850 if you got some IA units is wild duplicates . personally I'm hoping for two full squadrens of plastic thunderbolts
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.