[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’m starting an EDH game night and i’m looking for some fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 462_schemeback.jpg (83KB, 300x430px) Image search: [Google]
462_schemeback.jpg
83KB, 300x430px
I’m starting an EDH game night and i’m looking for some fun modes that’ll keep things from getting boring.
So far the pool consists of
FFA
Archenemy
Planechase
Two Headed

We normally have 3-6 people per game, anymore and break into pods.
Are there any other modes that you know of or would recommend?
>>
>>49655341
Star: five players, you win when the two opposite you have lost, so the two on either side of you have a common enemy with you but on the other hand are each other's opponents.
>>
>>49655341
Me and my friends made a game type, with no less than 5 people, where there is one designated person who cannot be attacked and their whole purpose is to just throw wrenches into the game. It's honestly pretty fun, however I can see how it would be very annoying if the designated player was using certain decks or if they played as if they were trying to win.
>>
>Vanguard
>Secret Allies (randomly determined by shuffled cards)
>Secret Missions (randomly determined win cons)

>>49655797
Give them some alternative objective, like making the game last as long as possible. Their score is the number of rounds it lasts.
>>
>>49656134
Basically they should just play with the intention of making everyone else lives miserable.
>>
I find it fun to do a night where everyone brings their favorite decks and you randomly choose who plays what deck. Only rule is you can't play your own.
>>
>alternate modes in edh
You're already playing a format with 99 card singleton and double life totals. If it gets boring build more decks you bitch. In my experience

>Archenemy
One player runs removal/counters for everything the archenemy plays and gets stomps him. If your regular games of EDH don't already devolve into archenemy you're doing it wrong

>planechase
The plane effects are so warping it destroys any possibility of strategy. At best all the ones that gain life and stop creatures from doing things make combo win harder. At worst the guy with the most mana controls the game

>2HG
Please god no, it's hard enough to kill someone at 40 life with a well tuned deck, having 2 players defend 60 life makes it nearly impossible (unless you want to win every game by combo). In my experience any format of 2HG constructed devolves into bullshit.
>>
>>49656434
This is the best alternate way to play. Alternatively if everyone is heavy EDH junkies have everyone play only decks built by one player
>>
>>49656474
>If your regular games of EDH don't already devolve into archenemy you're doing it wrong

this.

I made a Volrath deck that currently runs 23 boardwipes and various other removal spells. The whole point of the deck is to make everyone hate your guts
>>
To start, Archenemy sucks. Archenemy always goes one of two ways:
>Archenemy gets nutty schemes at the right time and wins by a landslide
>Archenemy either gets underwhelming schemes or all the best schemes at times where they do nothing and loses by a landslide
Don't bother.

I regularly mix Planechase with EDH and it's pretty fun. I'm the only one in the group with Planechase cards so we just use one stack and all play off of it. Things get pretty wacky but it can drag the game out longer than usual. Also, try to find some kind of alternative source for Plane cards, they're horrendously expensive. I'd recommend an app, but the only ones I found either didn't update for 2012 or don't let you remove Planes that really suck, of which there are a few.
>>
>>49656675
I have a few planechase cards, but i’m making proxies for a lot of reasons.
I’m also adding Emperor to the list tho i don’t think it’ll stick, but we’ll see.
>>
>>49656675
Play where each player is an archenemy with their own scheme deck.
>>
>Not getting 16 people together and playing Planechase Archenemy Emperor Commander Star.

Get on my level.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.