[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Flavor, Lore and Fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 31

File: MtG_Flavor_General_1.jpg (2MB, 2448x2672px) Image search: [Google]
MtG_Flavor_General_1.jpg
2MB, 2448x2672px
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/release-2016-10-05

Ajani, Tamiyo, Narset, Chandra, Nissa and an edgy teenage elf ninja called Shadowblayde.

It's pottery.
>>
>>49652577
>Tamiyo has an adopted rat child and some other lame-o kids
>Ajani is still crying over Elspeth
>Elspeth is still kill
>Bolasdickery
>Tezzeret is supposed to be kill
>Tezz is not kill
>Ajani wants to make Tezz kill
>>
This story proves that Ajani is by far the coolest neowalker. And they actually managed to make him seem like an actual person rather than just another archetype. I got sad when he got sad. I felt with him.
What a cool guy.
>>
>>49652577
How many gay couples did they manage to shoehorn into the story this time?
>>
>>49652740
ajani was written really well. right up there with kelly digges writing jace, they both feel like people.

still annoyed that the only explanation for ajani's presence is basically "he gets around." can wotc resolve any narrative hurdles without unexpected contrivances?
>>
>>49652814
debatably one we already know about, but mrs. pashiri's partner wasn't even mentioned, so really none.

unless you're riding the rag over chandra/nissa, in which case they were there.
>>
>>49652577
The in lore snowflake with a later, unrelated snowflake metaphor was amazing
>>49652663
>Narset is confirmed active in some regard
>>49652814
None, but who knows what may have been implied
>>49652816
Agreed. He was written as alien in some regards, as he is a cat man from another dimension, but thoroughly relate-able.
>>49652831
Inb4 her partner was a genderless aetherborn

On a semi-related note, have we speculated on the origin walkers yet?
>>
I was really unimpressed with Chandra since the new storytelling era began. Her characterization was just HURR DURR I DONT WANNA DO HOMEWORK I WANNA PLAY SAVE THE WORLD. She felt like a waste of a character, but she wasn't relly connected to the Zendiiar plot (even if her fuckups let the eldrazi out).

Sure, Kaladesh is her plane and her story, I thought "ok, lets give her a chance, this might be good".

Then Ajani shows up and steals everyone's fucking thunder.
>>
>>49652922
speculated what?

also i'm pretty sure someone at wotc confirmed mrs pashiri as just a regular lesbian.
>>
>>49652953
Blows my mind that in one story Ajani gets more shit done and is more interesting and connected to Kaladesh than Chandra was.
>>
>>49652953
>>49652965
I feel like no one at wotc actually identifies with chandra, and to a lesser extent nissa. Chandra's the marque red walker, rebellious and emotional but all the writers seem to think just making her shout no and have feelings as hard as possible sells that, even when both of those things make her range from being flat to being stupid. It's like they're afraid any nuance or depth or subtlety will just wrench her right out of her color identity or something.
>>
>>49652955
If her aetherborn girlfriend identifies as a girl that makes her lesbian.
>>
>>49652955
Anything and everything. Plane of origin, colors, etc.
Also, was that there a confirmation?
>>49653026
Do aetherborn ever identify as a gender?
>>49653018
I'm not sure I agree. While her stories have been rather flat, they seem to be experimenting with her migrating to other areas of red through Nissa and Lilli's influences. Not that this in any way pardons the writing, but it seems the creative team wants to give a shit about Chandra, even if they don't yet.
>>
>>49653049
>Do aetherborn ever identify as a gender?
Knowing the kind of ideas Tumblr has been feeding MaRo, I'd be very surprised if they didn't.
>>
>>49653026
i realise this is a joke and we're taking the piss out of how hard wotc wants to please tumblr, but i have no words to deal with a transgendered member of an asexual, agendered race being gay. i just can't
>>
>>49653049
i totally believe they give a shit, I just don't think they get it. Kimberly clearly gives a shit about nissa, but she does not get any of it at all. I think that's why the writing is so weak. they're trying super hard, but all the effort in the world won't help if it's going in the wrong direction.
>>
>>49653049
Fuck the Gatewatch, let's speculate about Tamiyo's Talewatch!!
>>
>>49653049
what are you calling origin walkers, because we know all that shit about the origins 5, that was the point.
>>
>>49653094
I don't think a passionate, hot-blooded, hyperactive character like Chandra works well in a written medium. Words get in the way of her doing things NOW
>>
>>49653118
I'm going to call bullshit, but that's the problem isn't it? if you can't even conceive of how to portray spontinaety and hot-blooded passion in words and as a real human person, you're not going to be able to
>>
>>49653138
You mean me or the writers?
>>
>>49653220
yes
>>
>>49652740
>Neowalker
Oh god, the cringe. Comb your goddamn neckbeard and stop pining over pre-mending shonen bullshit.
>>
So it sounds like Gideon is the only non-Eldrazi-Trio White planeswalker who isn't a part of Tamiyo's party.
>>
>>49653481
Non Eldrazi trio?
>>
>>49653065
>There is a race of beings who are made of magic energy and, what, soot or something?
>This race does not reproduce, they just spawn.
>They do not have genitals, they do not have genders, they do not have sex
>I am so fucking mad that they aren't sex-obsessed evolved apes who reproduce through sex, have genders, and the very idea that they are different from me is offensive.

Shit man, for your own sake, do not read any speculative fiction, your heart can't take it.
>>
>>49653520
Sorin, Nahiri, and Ugin, the trio who sealed away the Eldrazi. Both Sorin and Nahiri are techincally white planeswalkers.
>>
HOW THE FUCK IS AJANI STAYING INCOGNITO!? HE'S LIKE DOUBLE THE SIZE OF GIDEON, AND NOBODY NOTICES HE HAS FUCKED UP FURRY LEGS!?
>>
>>49653481
Dack Fayden better up his game, cuz they need Elspeth in that club, too.
>>
>>49653557
Magic cloak and some metal shit to make him look like either a big robo or aetherborn.
>>
>>49652663
God damn I hated the rat child. No one gives a fuck about your childhood. I want to listen to Ajani and Tamiyo talk about the bullshit that went down with Tezzeret and Elspeth. At least when Ajani told his story I was interested. Listening to the fucking rat child talk made me want to bash his skull in.

It's cool that they mentioned Narset. In simply one paragraph I was swiftly reminded of why she's top tier waifu material.
>>
So uh, this story just confirmed that Bolas can resurrect the dead. You know who is dead and Ajani is sad about it? Elspeth.

We're going to have an arc where Ajani goes W/B to get Elspeth revived.
>>
>Chris L'Etoile

This is the author of this recent fiction.

The same guy that wrote that awful fiction featuring Chandra saying the following dialogue:
>Super gross
>Beefslab
>Gids
>hell no
>Come the hell on
>Jerk
>Easy, big fella. Not attacking mom.
>Sowwy
>The hell.
>punchybag
>blah blah blah
>FFFFFFFFF...
>super embarrassing
>super dog noses
>freaking idiot
>SHUT UP SHUT UP.
>WHAT IS COMING OUT OF MY FACE?
>super pi—uh, real angry,
>WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY?
>...I think I'm gonna puke.
>made you feel weird
>SorryIblewupyourthingy
>Big Sis

How can one guy fail so badly writing one thing but do so well writing another?
>>
>>49653937
Christ Tumblr, if I wanted your opinion, I would have triggered it out of you
>>
>>49653101
Talewatch is the Planeswalker group we need.
>>
>>49653470
pre-mending was Grimdark by comparison
>>
>>49653937
Because Chandra is a shit character, obviously.
>>
>>49652663
>>49653873

Oh fuck off, the rat kid was brilliant and helps to validate the established novels
>>
>>49654088
In that way that "I SACRIFICE A BILLION TRILLION SOULS TO THE EVIL SPACE DAEMON AND THE DEMONSOULS OF THE SOUL DEMON!" is really fucking edgy to a 12 year old.

*unsheathes Powerstones* *teleports behind you* nothing personnel kid *crushes your entire plane of existance to a battery to fuel i dunno a flashlight*
>>
>>49654175
Way to trivialize the entire story
>>
>>49654175
I refer you to the story of Barrin, a powerful mage pre mending who wasn't even a walker.

I then refer you to phasing.

That shit was cool yo.
>>
>>49653116
yeah:
Gideon from Theros, first walked to Bant cause he was arrogant
Jace from Vryn, first walked to Ravnica cause he got mindfucked by a sphinx that he was mindfucking
Liliana from Dominara, first walked to Innistrad cause she zombified her brother
Chandra from kaladesh, first walked to Regatha cause dead parent(s)
Nissa from zendikar, first walked to Lorwyn cause Eldrazi vision (also retconed from being an elf nazi to generic nature girl)
All have only been monocoloured, I listed them in WUBRG order.
>>
>>49654320
I seriously doubt we will go to Regatha. What is there aside from fire?
>>
>Ajani is Mrs. Pahiri's big fluffy pet cat
>who occasionally lounges on her couch
>Tamiyo is CUTE and has a husbando along with many CUTE kids
>who also see Ajani as their big fluffy pet cat
>Ajani deals with an elf preteen
>then reminds us that he specializes in soul voodoo
>and then saves Mrs. Pashiri
>who then worries that he's not eating enough
This has to be the best story in a long while.
>>49653877
>just confirmed that Bolas can resurrect the dead
No, that's been confirmed for however long it's been since the webcomic that showed Tezzeret in the freaky vat.
>>
>>49654159
The rat kid was a piece of shit that did nothing but distract from what should have been the main focus of the story. The only thing he even remotely offered was a glimpse into how Nicol Bolas resurrected Tezzeret and that Narset is an active Planeswalker, both of which could have been done through Tamiyo herself mentioning that her Planeswalker troupe has been growing and that Tezzeret has been to the plane before (when he was with the consortium).

There was no viable literary reason to add in a character so flat and uninteresting that he made Tibalt look like the Weatherlight Saga reincarnated.
>>
>>49654700
The issue with the rat kid was that he used the exact same 'spunky teen' dialogue that Chandra tended to use in the last article written by Chris.
>>
>>49653531
no, i don't have a problem with aetherborn or their concept, i have a problem with a transgendered gay aetherborn exactly because of all that shit you just said.
>>
>>49654767
except he didn't at all? he used infantile small child language that sounded fairly natural because all small children are equally terrible at language.
>>
>>49654320
What happenef to nissa? Since when she became a nature girl?

Did Sarkhan fucked up the timelines?
>>
>>49654818
So you need to language better, because all I'm hearing is liberal bullshit, and you need to make some goddamn sense, go back to tumblr, or best case scenario, shut the goddamned fuck up
>>
>>49655011
Nissa is secretly an elf nazi. On her older cards, before WotC did the big coverup, she would seig hiel, kill all non-elf creatures, and say that your waifu was shit
>>
>>49655011
>>49655044
When the timetravel with sarkhan happened, wotc decided to rework some characters. Nissa and Gideon were the most affected.
>>
>>49654347

Don't the monks have some sort of infinite library there where they have all sorts of stuff from all over the multiverse?
>>
Idle question: if a person believed in the importance of rules, but believed with equal strength that a needlessly cruel or unfair rule is no rule at all, would they be RW or just white?
>>
>>49655115
Just white. White's very, very good at pointing at other forms of white and saying 'you are badwrong and need to be wiped from this world.'
>>
I WANT AJANI TO FUCK MY ASS
>>
>>49655179
Fairly certain you wouldn't survive that.
It does, however, bring up interesting thoughts about a partnership between WotC and Bad Dragon.
There's an ad I'd love to see on the pro tour.
>>
>>49655220

who says I want to survive

But he truly is the best husbando. He has the only good story of Kaladesh, he has the best color combo, and he's so handsome! I can't wait for him to get an overpowered new card of him nude in the Amonkheti desert.
>>
File: phyrexian.jpg (142KB, 502x703px) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian.jpg
142KB, 502x703px
>someone actually built a teleportation device
>at a science fair where Tezzeret is judge

found a way to get the phyrexians off mirrodin, lads
>>
>>49655281

Why would Tezz help the Phyrexians? They wouldn't make him Father of Machines and didn't really like him.
>>
>>49655031
>a fantasy race with no sex, gender, or direct reproduction exists
>some anon proposes one member of this race identified as female and was gay and got married to an old not!indian woman
>my reaction is that no, i can't even
>you say i am either mad about aetherborn or a tumblrite
anon, I seriouly don't know how to language in such a way that you can follow it. i tried to say come on guys, this is too much and you took that to mean I am spouting some bullshit.
>>
>>49655281
>Tezzeret help the phyrexians
They tried to off him at every turn, he didn't like being around them, and was only there because of Bolas. He tried to take control of them to spite Bolas, but it didn't work.

Shit, I think Tezzeret would sabotage it before it fell into phyrexian hands just to spite them.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>49655148
>>
>>49655079
>Nissa and Gideon were the most affected.
I assume Gideon was changed because his backstory as a redeemed criminal made Wizards look a tad hypocritical for cancelling someone's MTGO account for a past conviction, but why was Nissa reworked?
>>
>>49654700
What about the man in fire who killed his mom? Who is he? Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>49655529
because she was an intolerant race supremacist, which is a hard sell for one of the faces of the gsme
>>
>>49655281
Is it confirmed it can teleport between planes? I thought WotC wanted to reduce that so only planeswalkers could plane hop.
>>
>>49655529
They realized their playerbase was comprised mostly of humans and thus a xenophobic elf might not be very endearing
>>
>>49655716
it appeared yo teleport things by trasiting through the blind eternities, actual interplanar travel not yet confirmed, but the pieces are there.
>>
>>49655716
Saheeli saw it and went into full SHUT IT DOWN for a moment because she recognized it did something involving the blind eternities.

It's no Weatherlight since I don't think it can transport organic matter yet, but it's certainly on those lines
>>
>Tezzeret seeking out people to help his troupe
>possibly seeking out a Nezumi planeswalker
>maybe he was helped by a "man of fire" and maybe even others
>Bolas might have already his own circle of criminals helping him to advance his schemes and agendas

N I C E
I
C
E
>>
>>49655735
If a PW took one end to another plane, then you could have a planar portal
>>
>>49655744
>nezumi get a planeswalker before orochi do
>>
>>49655281
>>49655716
>>49655735
There's also Venser's body and notes still on Mirrodin/New Phyrexia.
But I also see the teleportation Rashmi invented as a means to give Phyrexia back the technology to go back to what they're best at: Invading planes. Because seriously, this is what makes Phyrexia a terrifying villain. I bet the next time we see them is the invasion of another plane, possibly being defeated on the plane but not on Mirrodin.
>>
>>49655798
Return to Kamigawa confirmed in 2019!
>>
>>49655798
Good. Orochi a SHIT
>>
>>49655835
>tfw Ink-Eyes will never be a planeswalker
>>
>>49655808
>notes on Mirrodin
What notes?
>>
>>49652955
What, I don't remember that. Was mentioning her orientation really necessary?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49655881
Well, notes on teleportation, planeswalking and all the juicy worlds not yet compleated, of course!

Also, I still wonder if the Phyrexians will ever find the Mirari somewhere near the core of Mirrodin. That will surely lead to fun times on New Phyrexia.
>>
>>49655744
>man of fire

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE
>>
>>49655835
you don't insult someone's waifu, anon.
>>
>>49655922
no mention if sexual orientation in magic has ever been necessary.
>>
File: 18170.png (22KB, 150x172px) Image search: [Google]
18170.png
22KB, 150x172px
>>49654349
>Tamiyo is CUTE and has a husbando along with many CUTE kids
>>
>>49655850
Just project your feelings for Ink-Eyes onto Tamiyo's new rat planeswalker.
>>
>>49655922

There is half a sentence in her bio, beginning "after her wife died," which would not have even registered had we been reading the bio of an old man who started doing something after the death of his wife. >>49655956 has a point, it's no more or less unnecessary than indicating a character is straight.
>>
>>49655744
What is the Infinite Consortium?
>>
>>49655956
So why do it now? When I said I wanted more tokens I meant squirrels and thopters, not this.
>>
>>49655922
i thought it was some btw blog post but turns out no, it's not just canon because wors of god, it's front and center:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/story/planes/kaladesh
>But when she lost her wife
>>
>>49655994
>it's no more or less unnecessary than indicating a character is straight.
But that's the point: nobody would ever include a line like that just to prove the character is straight. But this...
>>
>>49655031
Anon, what the fuck?
>>
>>49655529
>>49655724
They could have just spend a few stories to make her realise that elves aren't all that's good in life instead of making a treehugger out of her.
Like what they started to do with her quick travel to Lorwynn.
>>
>>49656017

People include lines about spouses or loved ones for straight characters in their backstories all the fucking time, man. We just take that for granted and so it doesn't register as anything out of the ordinary.
>>
>>49656025
Or they could save time and just tear up the character they wrote and replace it with a whole new one wearing the other one's skin and name.
>>
>>49656017
i thought it was more gratuitous than it is, but this is pretty fine as far as inclusivity goes. >>49655994 is right, if you read Feldon's brief biogrophy you wouldn't give a shit about "But when he lost his wife" as part of the character description.

the lesbian hunters on innistrad were totally gratuitous though. they just threw in "and they're in love" at the end for no reason.
>>
>>49656042
>deliberately ignoring the post
>using reddit spacing
Total coincidence, I'm sure.
>>
>>49656071
I'm not deliberately ignoring the post, I'm saying it's factually wrong.
>>
>>49656066
>they just threw in "and they're in love" at the end for no reason.
>for no reason.
Not for no reason. For the exact same reason as this situation.
>>
>>49656055
We spent like four weeks with her learning how to rub her clit against the grass. One or two of them could have been used for that.
But yeah, i guess.
>>
>>49655827
A rat planeswalker in Amonkhet wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>49656025
thy also could have not made it a fucking retcon with that very lorwyn story because that was the most bullshit.

real talk, if nissa walked to shadowmoor and met shadowmoor elves who were the last light trying to save beauty in the face of everpresent darkness and she saw the aurora turn them into hateful xenophobes everything about her character would make way more sense, her shift in character would be justified as she realised not every other species on every other world are dickfaces and she wouldn't be a giant mess or terrible horrible person.
>>
>>49656025
>>49656129
They did in the core set before Origins. It was literally the plot of the "Worldwaker" article. Boom, character development right there.
But that's too hard or something.
>>
>>49656102
>with her learning how to rub her clit against the grass.
I love your vibrant language anon!
>>
>>49656091
no, in this situation mrs pashiri is outed as gay because 1) because lesbains and 2) giving relevant character backstory.
on innistrad, the hunters were outed as gay becauae lesbians, and it literally contributed nothing to anything narratively.
>>
>>49656183
You're falsely assuming they decided she was gay then decided on balance to mention it. Protip: They don't work that way.
>>
>>49656183
Well, it did end up saving them from getting indoctrinated by Memrakul, so that was a narrative contribution.
>>
>>49656150
worldwaker made her not as much of a hateful xenophobe anymore. the lorwyn story made her never a hateful xenophobe, what are you talking about? look at her help the poor ugly boggarts and fly in the face of established lore on lorwyn and her own established character. if they'd left her backstory that she was an ignorant bitch and had her grow out of it that'd be fine, but they retconned it, had worldwaker where she had just started to question her own bigotry (which retroactively didn't exist) and then they decided she was all better.
>>
>>49656239
The anon I responded to said
>They could have just spend a few stories to make her realise that elves aren't all that's good in life
Which I responded to as the point of Worldwaker. I know that Origins retconned her, but I'm saying they didn't have to because they had already character developed her into "Not a racist" mode.
And gave her tree hugging powers.
>>
>>49656239
>not liking WOTC's story despite all the tokenism they put in it for you
wow, bigoted.
>>
>>49656219
it was also part of their second appearance after they were outed for no reason.
>>49656218
a) i think you give wotc's writing staff more credit than they deserve and b) even if she was gay from inception, they don't have to say it. dumbledore was gay, that didn't make it into any of the books because it didn't fucking matter.
>>
>>49656282
they got her to "huh, maybe racism is a bad idea" and called it a day, i just agree with the other anon that more character decelopment and facing her flaws would have been warranted, but the actual approach they took was a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>49656284
#notmytoken
>>
File: download (3).jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11KB, 190x265px
>>49656346
#mytoken
>>
>>49656375
>Token Creature
Fuck that typeline.
>>
>>49656449
A lot of spells specifically target token or non-token creatures, so it's kinda necessary.
>>
>>49656487
Firstly, no, very few do.

Secondly, no, if I'm not retarded enough to avoid putting it in my deck, I think I can remember it's a token without the words on the card holding my hand all the way.
>>
>>49653557
M A G I C
A
G
I
C
>>
Let's push TALEWATCH, it's way more interesting than the Jacetice Leage.

I would buy every product with TamTam in it.
>>
>>49656662
>TamTam
Careful, anon, it's starting to sound like she's your waifu or something.
>>
>>49656662
if you're going to call it talewatch then no, no let's not do that and also fuck off.

it's called the story-circle, which is a fine name and I'm all in favor of.
>>
>>49656723
She might be his waifu, but he's certainly not her husbando.
>>
>>49656782
>implying she isn't a slutty whore who wants as many planeswalker dicks as she can find
>>
>>49656797
Tamiyo is pure anon.

But Jace is top tier waifu material.
>>
File: 9FPR1Vw.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
9FPR1Vw.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
>>49656782
>>
>>49656836
Have you seen the genderbent Jace fanart? I don't normally like Jace but this was pretty hot. I'd buy a promo of it if Wizards ever printed it.
>>
>>49656104
Wouldn't they rather make a dog - i mean - hound planeswalker? Anubis-like anthropomorphic characters are an auto-include. So they will probably use the opportunity. Or maybe a villainous croc planeswalker? Who knows.
But they also didn't make a dwarf planeswalker on Kaladesh, although that might be because they wanted to see how the public reacts to the dwarves there.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a return to Kamiawa set is already in the pipes, though.
>>
>>49656966
>I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a return to Kamiawa set is already in the pipes, though.
never ;_;
>>
>>49656982
Well, we did get Tamiyo and now a story set on Kamigawa, well parts of it. Also an Orochi legend last year in Commander 2015. They throw us bones and people react positively to it. Just a wee bit more and they will do it, anon. They will return to Kamigawa!
>>
So, people are speculating the adopted nezumi is a planeswalker. Why thought? I didn't come across anything that seemed to suggest he could planeswalk
>>
>>49655744
This was all covered in Agents of Artifice. It isn't new.
>>
>>49657042
It was? Please tell!
>>
Why are the stories with Tamiyo the best? Seriously, best story since the EMN finale. That she has a husband and children hurt my waifufaggotery for her a bit, I imagined her be a cool aunt type that walked the planes and brought back stories for her nephews and nieces.

Ajani was such a best too, kinda pleasant surprise since I hadn't read any stories with him in before.
>>
>>49657110
Because multi colored walkers get to have a variety of personality traits and characteristics instead of being "The emotional one" or "the selfish one"
>>
>>49657000
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/143305486683/as-long-as-neokamigawa-still-had-moonfolk-id-be
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/149287250373/i-know-youve-said-multiple-times-that-a-return-to
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/142100913073/do-you-think-its-weird-that-tamiyo-is-kicking
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/131377156018/maro-its-not-my-birthday-but-i-still-have-a
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/94551354538/was-kamigawa-received-well-enough-to-return-to-it
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/52841886038/in-comparison-to-kamigawa-how-did-tamiyo-do-based
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/79999650924/what-makes-kamigawa-different-than-mirrodin-where
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/21215287350/most-of-kamigawa-was-disliked-but-was-there
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/142050902593/if-kamigawa-was-in-the-works-would-you-sill-hold
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/131389996633/the-people-who-want-a-return-to-kamigawa-arent
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/132556780753/and-the-off-limit-ones-arent-even-necessarily
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/145771697248/you-often-say-its-unlikely-to-return-to-kamigawa
>>
>>49655995
It's the multiplaner smuggling guild that Tezzeret used to run. In Jace's intro book, he joins and is mentored by Tezzy, and Liliana is sort of a temp.

Eventually Lili strikes up a deal with Bolas to give control of the group to the dragon, and plans to use Jace to do it.

Jace mindfucks Tezzy hard but refuses to give over the knowledge on the Infinite consortium, effectively dumping Lili and screwing Bolas all at once.

The consortium should still be active, but without a leader.
>>
>>49657126
That might be due to the way the Origins five are written: in collaborative meetings and then they appear in many stories written by different people. Planeswalkers beside the main story only appear in singular stories and don't seem to have that many restrictions to them so they can be fleshed out more by the writer in whose story they appear. Whereas the Origins five are the subject of many writing prompts and even silly debates like "How would Jace and Gideon move a couch together?" I can imagine this leads to characters quickly becoming caricatures of themselves. I hope Wizards fixes this in the future and gives the Five a more layered personality.

Well, that's how I imagine it.
>>
>jacetice league kill tezz
>big reveal
>it was sakashima all along
>queue skrull invasion
Gotta make it more MAHVEL
>>
>>49655925
I thought he was doing his research on Dominaria, not Mirrodin?
>>
File: 1425593165495.gif (503KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1425593165495.gif
503KB, 500x333px
>>49655925
>He thinks WoTC remembers the Mirari
>>
how long till wizards fuck up TammyO's storyline? How long till they fuck up kamigawa?
>>
>>49657270
I ask Doug Beyer every year on his tumblr. So far I've not gotten a response yet.
He responded to other things, though.

http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/130687579559/here-is-an-idea-for-supplemental-sets-cards-that

I wonder if we'll see past story events in this year's Commander decks.

If we do, I will go around telling everyone I gave Wizards the idea to that. :^)
>>
>>49657254
>play Sakashima copying an animated Gideon/Sarkhan
>he's a legendary planesalker named Sakashima the Imposter
It checks out.
>>
>>49656528
Off the top of my head, Intangible virtue, Always Watching, Declaration in stone, Hour of Reckoning, Legion Loyalist,Virulent Plague.

Of course I have a token deck I main so I may be a bit biased.
>>
File: 21.jpg (88KB, 728x1033px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
88KB, 728x1033px
>>49657224
>http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/143305486683/as-long-as-neokamigawa-still-had-moonfolk-id-be
>flavorwise
>people talk about game mecanics
Fuck.
>>
>wasn't playing Magic in the mid 2000s when interesting worlds were the focus again after all that Weatherlight shit, which is what caused me to lose interest
>get back in with Theros
>now Weatherlight 2.0 is back

Fuck me.
>>
>>49657399
>target
whoops, you are right, not many specifically target token or nontoken targets, but many cards do make a distinction of token or nontoken
>>
>>49657270
>>49657322
wasn't the mirari physically transformed into memnarch who was then transformed into the memnites, both times by oldwalker karn? there is no more mirari
>>
>>49657322
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/151386602009/release
>This week’s Magic Story involves fake hands, a cringy code name, an adopted Nezumi… and one fuzzy familiar face.
If you need to tell us it's cringy, including it is cringy.

What's really cringy is reading Doug's tags:
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/149628483464/kaladesh-storyline-starts-soon-aaaaaahahaha
> #wotcstaff
> #kaladesh
> #mtgkld
> #we have been hard at work crafting this place and this experience for y'all
> #the set is so fun oh my gosh
> #and I can't wait to see your heads asplode as we reveal ALL THE THINGGGSSS
> #hehehehehehehe I'm very (w/t)ired
>>
>>49657399
>>49657460
Forget "target". No, "a lot" of spells make a distinction of black or nonblack, artifact or non-artifact, basic or nonbasic. A very small number make a distinction between token and nontoken. Barely more than legendary or nonlegendary.
>>
>>49657483
I thought Karn turned Memnarch back into the Mirari and left it with Glissa and Slobad?
Weren't the Memnites just surveillance instruments made by Memnarch?

>>49657490
Oh, shut up, (you)!
>>
>>49657419
tumblr is bad at Magic.
>>
>>49655529
Wait did wotc really cancelled a mtgo account because of that?

I thought gideon was a police pw working for some white organization.
>>
>>49657555
To be fair, magic players are bad at Magic.
Even Wizards is bad at Magic.
>>
>>49657490
What a complete autist.
I'm talking about Doug
>>
>>49657547
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/150405253149/in-the-abstract-one-of-reds-specialties-is
> #I hope
> #kaladesh
> #is as full of feels for you as it is for us
> #also this set is really fun you guys
> #I know I am legally obligated to sign everything
> #wotcstaff
> #so as to not trick you or claim that I am not a paid spokeswizard
> #BUT I PROMISE IT IS SO FUN I AM A REAL HUMAN BOYYYY
> #also hi
> #red mages
> #would you like to tear through your decks or anything?
> #because dang
> #cathartic reunion

http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/150374194554/so-i-cant-easily-reblog-my-own-2-year-old-posts
> #dwarves
> #patience as a virtue
> #dwarves were actually more patient about themselves than I was
> #in the sense that they were able to wait for the right time
> #while I was busy posting about them YEARS ahead of their being printed again
> #this is also
> #let me just say
> #a victory for 'talking about an issue on tumblr as a real means of influencing decisions for the future of magic'
> #so like
> #yeah
> #*mysterious hand motions*
> #mtgkld
> #wotcstaff
> #but seriously waiting is the worst

http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/149855305969/wizardsmagic-theceaselesshunger-i-thought
>>I thought Aetherborn were going to be ashen spirits but this is way cooler… I love them… New best race…
>They are made out of aether and live to party.
>Also they are nonbinary! For the most part aetherborn refer to themselves as the singular ‘they’.
> #true things!
> #aetherborn
> #the singular they can take some practice
> #but I believe in you magic community
> #mtgkld
> #kaladesh
> #wotcstaff
Also notice WotC bringing up their nonbinary tokenism without prompting.
>>
>>49657547
>>49657483
The way I remember it, Karn deconstructs Memnarch into the Mirari and absorbs it back into himself.
But then again, my brain tends to get a lot of crossed wires.
>>
>>49657573
>Wait did wotc really cancelled a mtgo account because of that?
Oh yes. Can't have convicted criminals who've done their time rejoining society. That'll teach them! Never mind the details of why he made a guilty plea or the fact that Wizards employs a convicted felon to work on Magic itself.
>>
>>49657594
Eh, this is cringy more than autistic. Just really really cringy. He's trying to hard to suck up to the cool kids of tumblr.
>>
>>49657634
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Mirari

I think it's the most reliable thing without rereading it yourself. So the Mirari remains on Mirrodin but Wizards might've forgotten about it. I wouldn't mind if the next visit to New Phyrexia was Urabrask finding it or something like that.
>>
>>49657683
>MTGS Wiki
>reliable
>>
>>49657702
Well, then off to the books with you! Get us the passage!

Unfortunately I already traded my old Mirrodin books because they were in German. So I can't check it myself.
>>
>>49657536
Cards that mention nonblack: 92
>http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Anonblack&v=card&s=cname
Cards that mention nonartifact:33
>http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Anonartifact&v=card&s=cname
Cards that mention nonbasic: 47
>http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Anonbasic&v=card&s=cname
Cards that mention nontoken: 89
>http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Anontoken&s=cname&v=card&p=1

Token will be skewed by every card that makes a token (over a thousand) so that would be an unfair comparison.
>>
>>49657775
Add in all the hundreds that mention black, artifact and basic and the four or so that mention token.
>>
>"Before we go downstairs, sweetie," she said, "you might wish to put on pants."

>"What are you, my m—aunt?" Chandra grumped. She turned and wobbled toward one of the piles of laundry, toes curling up at the cold of the hardwood. That settled the question of which pile was the clean. Hopefully.

Because she thinks her mom was killed. SO DEEP. MUCH CHARACTER. VERY DEVELOPMENT.
>>
>>49657775
For nonbasic, I count 48.
>>
>>49657797
>and the four or so that mention token
More like one thousand and four
>http://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3Atoken&v=card&s=cname

We were arguing about cards that make a distinction of x or nonx, not cards that mention it.
>>
>>49657948
That's obviously what he meant unless you're suggesting he thought only 4 cards made tokens.
>>
File: Capture.png (402KB, 1343x578px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
402KB, 1343x578px
>>49657901
Weird...
>>
>>49657964

I meant that it would be hard to filter out relevant cards from each of those categories. Look at Abhorrent Overlord, that makes black tokens. it counts as both a token mention and a black mention but should count for neither in our argument.
>>
>>49657999
>We can't count properly therefore lets just use numbers that make me look right
>>
Who was the raven man ? Please tell me he was Mishra
>>
>>49658024
I would hope not; he's dead.
>>
>>49658024
Nicol Bolas. Who else?
>>
>>49658024
If the Raven Man isn't the ghost of Urza fucking with Liliana in a scheme to get her to sacrifice her friends to resurrect him I'll be disappointed.
>>
>>49658085
>Urza
>not yawgmoth
>>
>>49658013
All nonx cards found in those searches are relevant, because everything that mentions a nonx makes a distinction.

But back to my original point, there is a significant amount of stuff that makes a distinction of token that it is relevant, though not as many as black (many not as many other colours) and artifact. Possibly basic, I'm not sure.
>>
>>49658103
I'm convinced that Yawggy is just chilling under Urborg.
>>
>>49658110
Please never do polling with that attitude to sampling.
>>
>>49653531
Nigger aetherborn are cool, it's stapling "transgender" and "gay" labels into an agendered being that is USSR-level propaganda
>>
>>49658127
If we were talking about jace instead of Liliana it would make a lot more sense about it being urza
>>
>>49658157
Hasbro literally introduced them for that reason >>49657595
>>
Guys. They specifically said Urza, Yagmoth, Mishra, etc. are dead. Thy said the whole plotline would've been moot if they'd just resurrect those characters. They're all dead. Accept it already.

New Phyrexia, on the other hand, is not dead and was planned long before. Mirrodin was there to become New Phyrexia. Source: The prologue of the first Mirrodin book.
>>
>>49658024
>>49658056
>>49658085
>>49658103
>>49658127
I'm sick of all these old characters who no-one born in the last 30 years knows a thing about. They certainly shouldn't reintroduce more of them. There's enough already with Karn and that planeswalker dragon. We need more cool new characters, heroes and villains. They've proven they can come up with good ideas like New Phyrexia and the Eldrazi.
>>
>>49658127
Technically, he is being punched deeper into the Urborg by Lord Windgrace.
>>
>>49658171
Actually it's unclear what happened to Mishra in the end.
>>
>>49656104

A rat planeswalker bonded with myojin of night's reach, looking for payback against bolas

it's like pottery
>>
>>49658188
>Eldrazi
lol no, for someone they tried so hard to show off as invincible annihilators they fell too easily, too quickly. One of these days, Jacetice league will casually finish Bolas and/or phyrexia off
>>
>>49658024
>>49658085

the Raven Man is a figment of Liliana's Imagination, he always has been, he represents her ruthlessness and need for power, the core of her black mana.

he never knows anything she doesn't already and always knows everything she does, is invisible to others (only jace looking into her mind saw him) and is anywhere she is whenever he wants to be.
>>
>>49658188
Go away Maro

>>49658198
>Every few years or so, Yawgmoth's Spirit attempts to rise from the swamps.
>This is announced across the world as a once in a lifetime event, purchase tickets now
>People assemble from across the globe to watch the ghost cat beat the everloving shit out of the Father of Machines, it's a ten-round match that only ends with a knockout.
>At the end of the day, the populace assists in digging an even deeper hole to throw that fuckbag Yawgmoth in.
>Lord Windgrace collects big, retires to his ghost mansion for another decade.
>>
>>49658024
I want Raven Man to not be an established character. Raven Man is Raven Man, and he's been running a thousand year plot to uncurse the Chain Veil and get it into his pocket without any drawbacks.
There is nobody the Raven Man could "actually" be that would enhance his character. He is distant and illusive.
>>
File: cardart_vtntRQapZQ.jpg (79KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_vtntRQapZQ.jpg
79KB, 750x450px
>>49658255
>implying he will not manifest into a real being in a weird and convoluted plotline

Also, he already got artwork commissioned formatted for a planeswalker card by an artist who has done planeswalkers in the past.
>>
>>49658271
he isn't real.

>>49658284
maybe, but he does things that don't make sense and can be places that he shouldn't be at times he shouldn't.

he morphed out of being one of Lili's zombies to just being the Raven man.
>>
>>49658284
he looks so much like mishra to not be mishra
please
>>
>>49658284
That artwork isn't suitable for a planeswalker card because the ravens are out of shot. In fact, it looks right for a normal card.
>>
>>49658156
Can you elaborate your reasoning?
>>
File: NLMMdqn.jpg (55KB, 300x328px) Image search: [Google]
NLMMdqn.jpg
55KB, 300x328px
>>49658306
He might just be our evil shapeshifter planeswalker.

>>49658314
>Mishra

I don't really see it.
>>
>>49658306
>maybe, but he does things that don't make sense and can be places that he shouldn't be at times he shouldn't.

Just like a real planeswalker, huh.
>>
>>49658271
>He is distant and illusive.
So Nicol Bolas in disguise.

I hope he gets a legendary creature card but is still revealed to be Bolas.
>>
>>49658328
no, not like a planeswalker, he can simply be a zombie and turn that zombie into himself.

he's also utterly invisible and indetectable to anyone but Liliana and was only ever seen by anyone else when Jace was forcing his self into Lili's mind.

>>49658314
Mishra does not have a spark or he would have survived the Sylex blast, which is where he died.
>>
>>49658315
The image is cropped. Look at: http://www.rahnart.com/
Rahn signs every one of his pieces. In the Raven Man artwork you can't see the signature. It's most likely at the bottom like in the Ugin artwork.
>>
>>49658326
That's young mishra, see the artwork from the urza's guilty for reference.
>>
>>49658306
He's probably real. He's been given too many esoteric things to say. It will culminate when Liliana breaks the curse of the Chain Veil, and then he'll suddenly show up to sudden ominous thunder. Then he solos Liliana, takes the veil, and leaves, and we don't see him for seven fucking years because WotC doesn't know how to actually wrap up a plot.
>>
File: 77263671.jpg (51KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
77263671.jpg
51KB, 500x730px
>>49658356
Well, the similarities are more striking in there, you are right. But Mishra never was a planeswalker.
>>
>>49658386
>>49658284

uhoh.. they do have the same hair and beard.....
>>
>>49658355
If it's cropped then it still doesn't work for a planeswalker because that would make the figure too small. Planeswalkers are close up and in the middle of their art.
>>
>>49658386
>But Mishra never was a planeswalker.
Neither is the Raven Man.
>>
>>49658414
You can crop the image for the planeswalker card. It has happened before.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Wizards specifically requested the image to fit both a normal card and a planeswalker card so people couldn't guess just from one glance.
>>
>>49658351
He died but was brought back by Yawgmoth so he could torture Mishra forever, and this >>49658386 is the last time we heard of him.
>>
>>49658442
But then you'd lose the ravens and that can't happen for the Raven Man.

>Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Wizards specifically requested the image to fit both a normal card and a planeswalker card so people couldn't guess just from one glance.
They would just commission new artwork. If he is a planeswalker, it won't be that artwork and that artwork won't be a clue.
>>
>>49658431
except he's been seen on Dominaria, Shandalar (why haven't we fucking gone there?) Ravnica and Innistrad.
>>
File: ravenman.jpg (103KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
ravenman.jpg
103KB, 750x450px
>>49658024
Urza getting back in town to deal with bolas trying to spread phyrexia again
>>
>>49658442
>It has happened before.
When?
>>
>>49658431
He could have gained a spark after yawgmoth died.
>>
>>49658473
>But then you'd lose the ravens

There's still the one to his right and the one in he front. It works.

>They would just commission new artwork. If he is a planeswalker, it won't be that artwork and that artwork won't be a clue.

This could very well happen. Although I think Rahn isn't the cheapest artist to commission, though.

>>49658489
Origins Chandra, I think.
>>
>>49658482
He can follow Lily when she planeswalks.
>>
>>49658486
Urza is hyper dead, as Karn inherited his spark (then lost that one in the mending)

not to mention Urza wouldn't really want to live anymore.
>>
>>49658489
>>49658513
I found it. It might've been commissioned to fit a playmat, though.
>>
File: Urza's rage.jpg (103KB, 620x462px) Image search: [Google]
Urza's rage.jpg
103KB, 620x462px
I want Urza to come back and bitch about all these whippersnapper neowalkers while grudgingly helping them out because like with Gerrard he's tsundere for plucky hero types
>>
>>49658552
Write a fanfiction and post it here. :^)
>>
>>49658552
Liliana is an oldwalker and probably older than Urza.
>>
>>49658563
Doubtful. She's in her 200s and that puts her born well after Invasion block
>>
is chandra/nissa actually a thing or is it yurifags reading into too much
>>
>>49658563
She's only about 300
Jace gave her age during one UR
>>
Who's lilly's dad ?
>>
>>49658585
>implying Nissa isn't pansexual
>implying Chandra doesn't fuck whoever she wants when she wants it
>>
>>49658585
It's not official yet but Chandra and Nissa have had enough emotional moments that people feel it's probably something the stories are building towards.
>>
>>49658596
Yawgmoth
>>
File: 1471798687324.png (436KB, 1275x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1471798687324.png
436KB, 1275x1349px
>>49658599
>implying Chandra isn't just a virgin talking big
>>
>>49658606
>in my headcanon
ftfy
>>
>>49658230

It's going to be Garruk
>>
>>49658585
Welcome to 2016, where people can't be friends or share a bond anymore without being shoehorned into stupid fucking ships by autistic teenagers!
>>
>>49658622
That would've give her personality, so no.

She will likely shag "Gids" or may even has already.
>>
>>49657595

I'm not sure about why you're complaining about the first two? Are you that triggered that Red shows complexity, and/or that dwarves are White?
>>
>>49658641
Magic Stories are basically family-friendly now, so i doubt it.
>>
>>49658585
Yes, Doug confirmed earlier yesterday
>>
>>49658581
>>49658588
That was only what Jace believed.
>>
>>49658596
She has daddy issues. Probably the one realistic bit of writing by Hasbro.
>>
>>49658699
Lmao, no.
>>
>>49658649
I'm complaining about
>is as full of feels for you as it is for us
>I AM A REAL HUMAN BOYYYY
>because dang
>patience as a virtue
>*mysterious hand motions*
>Also they are nonbinary!
>true things!
>the singular they can take some practice but I believe in you magic community

And the whole thing of writing paragraphs in the tags space in the first place.
>>
>>49658596
General Vess was the lord of the domains around the Caligo Forest on Dominaria. That's all we know.
>>
>Ajani is xbox hueg
>Ajani is the noble savage
>Ajani is the insightful elder with an arrogant/violent past
>Ajani is the boost shaman
>Ajani was the underdog of his tribe
>Ajani is an african name

Has the white cat been our strong black character all along?
>>
>>49658637
To be fair when I was more sexually confused I basically fell for any friend I actually got along with.
>>
>>49658669
No it was stated recently in one of the new stories.
>>
>>49658653
>Implying Chandra didn't ride Gideon's Akroan Horse
>Implying he didn't only release his soldiers into her after she finished
>Implying she won't touch Ajani's fluffy tail
>>
>>49658724
Literally yes. But don't tell WotC or they'll realize that he's a minority now and ruin him.
>>
>>49658724
Except that he's not human. Wait a minute. . .
>>
>>49658724
>>49658751
I want to do that just to spite them. Is there any way we can get tumblr to hate them for this?
>>
>>49658740
Knowing chandra, she might have fugged everyone in the jacetice league and beyond
>>
>>49658765
>wanting to ruin things when they are good

No. I'm glad we got a great character for once.
>>
>>49658724
>Ajani is an african name
When will tumblr freak out about it like what they did with chandra
>>
>>49655744
Bolas has always had groups doing his stuff, he had one such group lead by Tezzeret with Jace and Liliana involved. Ramaz may or may not be part of another, and Sarkhan used to do his bidding.

RIght now I would like for him to go recruit Sorin against Ugin for being a liar and never telling him the eldrazi could actually be destroyed.
>>
>>49655744
>Tezzeret seeking out people to help his troupe
literally injustice league
>>
>>49658791
Magic as a whole is bad. You don't cancel Normandy because of a few good people on the continent.
>>
>>49658816
What was the Chandra thing?

I know Kiora got her last name removed for PC reasons.
>>
>>49658769
Chandra was probably too shy to fuck Nissa and
>Jace thrust into Chandra as hard as he could, the pyromancer feigned interest.
>>
>>49658860
Her first name is indian but she's white.
>>
>>49658824
But Ugin never said they couldn't be destroyed. Just that it might be unwise to destroy them completely because it would lead to consequences for the multiverse.
He told Jace "Good job, shithead. You will probably all be dead when things get out of balance so thanks for that, asshole".
>>
>>49658875
How much butthurt about that is there?

It's not even actually Indian. It's just got a double a.
>>
>>49658877
If things would have been out of balance, it would have been getting to that point LONG AGO since the three musketeers took the Eldrazi out of their natural habitat a long time ago.
>>
>>49658877
What are the consequences of killing the Eldrazi?
>>
File: 1473223579097.gif (1002KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1473223579097.gif
1002KB, 250x251px
>>49658940
>>49658937
>>
>>49658921
Well it was way way before magic origins, when people were butthurt about it.
>>
>>49658940
Depends on how shitty of a GM they've got.
If it is a /tg/ gm, everything they love is raped by physics forever before Urza comes back and blows up the gatewatch.
>>
>>49658940
if the theories are correct, they are the destroyers and creators of all planes and all life Emrakul herself doing that part.

which means the entire Multiverse will now spiral into entropy.
>>
>>49658995
You know, it's probably why the mending happened and why Equilor was around for so long.
>>
File: Ulamog 2.0.jpg (276KB, 955x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Ulamog 2.0.jpg
276KB, 955x1300px
>>49658973
>>49658995
It's alright. Emrakul is already working on new companions.
>>
>>49659031
It still hurts, anon.
>>
>>49659031
But she got GOT!
>>
>>49659031
Hanweir is another legendary Eldrazi. So expect an ooze and an angel to be the replacement titans.
>>
>>49659031
Did they explain anything about innistrad?

Ok emrakul fucked off into the moon but what about everything else? The jacetice league didn't even bother cleaning our or looking for sorin/nahiri?
>>
>>49659073
>>49659031
>Brisela is new Ulamog (Jaw, blue arms, tentacle legs)
>Township is new Kozilek (It's suped fucked up and would probably make you barf if you looked directly at it)
Checks out.
>>
>>49658937
No, dude. Keeping them alive but trapped was good. Killing them was bad.
Trapping them in Zendikar was akin to an eternal pause button. Killing them is something more like ending the game. What happens now? It's possible two more Eldrazi titans will be born, since Emrakul cannot fulfill her natural role without the other two.
>>
>>49659031
actually Emrakul didn't want any part in what she did to the already existing life on Innistrad, because that isn't her Purpose, she makes new life.

>>49659019

the Mending was caused by a series of events that fractured time and space through the multiverse, the original fracture with the Sylex blast caused by Urza, which was so strong it destroyed a continent and caused the Ice Age.

it was aggitated many times through out history but was finally turned into a big deal with Karona Died.

each Walker that had a tie to each Rip sacrificed their spark to fix that rip, until finally Jeska, the most powerful planeswalker that ever lived, used her godly power, even for a walker, to fix the final rip, and at the same time, she changed the very nature of the Planeswalker spark, for some unknown purpose or reason that only she has the insight to understand, possibly causing all their power to "bank" for some future conflict.
>>
>>49659104
Brisela was slain by Thalia and her stand 「Saint Traft」, as well as Sigarda.
>>
>>49659073
Brisela was solo'd by Super Saiyan Thalia using her stand [Saint Traft] while weilding Avacyn's Spear.

she's the strongest non-walker being on that entire plane now.
>>
>>49656042
Not really, when we have a straight character in a non-romantic, non-erotic, non-vengeance narrative, they seldom if ever mention their sexuality.
And that's the big problem with LGBT+ representation, SEXUALITY, that shit is for romance and prons, not for action/adventure fantasy.
People keep writing homosexual romance as fujoshit bait but we're meant to accept we now have quality representation because some C-lister shit character in a book that sells under 30+ SAYS they're gay.
And don't even get me started on how now we're meant to accept "queer" as a safe term from "allies" now after five decades of continuous othering just because dykes say so. Homosexual men worked very hard to turn fag into such a toothless bait of an "insult" you could call someone a fag in grade school and wouldn't get in as much trouble as if you'd said fuck or shit, but no, fucking whailing womyn say we don't know what we want and that a literal "you weird shit" doesn't mean we're being othered.
Fucking lesbians I fucking hate them all.
>>
>>49659127
But they weren't fulfilling their role
>>49659129
I meant that maybe the Eldrazi could have fixed the rifts.
>>
>>49659140
>>49659153
>Jojo Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TahS1CeKO6Q

>"you only made one mistake, Brisela

>"you pissed me off"
>>
>>49659185
>But they weren't fulfilling their role
Sorin's blood magic screwed them up. They aren't intelligent in any way that planar inhabitants can recognize, remember. All they know is that they're on a plane, so they figure they've got to do what they always do. Even though the circumstance is wrong and it makes them feel weird.
>>
>>49659210
this, they aren't the same kind of sentient we are, its a different sort of "thinking"

none of it was malicious though, just a giant antibody that "does" its thing, regardless of what it thinks about it (hence Emrakul eldrzifying things, but not wanting to)
>>
File: Ajani it should have been me.png (237KB, 710x568px) Image search: [Google]
Ajani it should have been me.png
237KB, 710x568px
Ajani shows up and is great instantly

Love it
>>
>>49659180
Nigga, contain your autism.
>>
>>49659140
>>49659153
>Standmind
Truly, Innistrad was fated to become the JoJo plane
>>
File: p01-140710-342.jpg (17KB, 375x247px) Image search: [Google]
p01-140710-342.jpg
17KB, 375x247px
>>49659244
>it should have been me

don't make me cry like a bitch Ajani.
>>
>>49659270
Thalia now has her very own Frenemy Vampire of the same sex to fight.

>"it was I, Olivia, the entire time!"
>>
>>49659270
>>49659284
>Innistrad has become Jojo-Castlevania, with Thalia has the superpowered Belmont of her time, forever passing on her great power to the next generation, to finally one day, defeat the Count Olivia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXtsKSqeiLA
>>
File: Doug Beyer's tumblr.jpg (91KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
Doug Beyer's tumblr.jpg
91KB, 900x720px
>>49657667
>>
>>49659275
you'll cry more when they put him in the gatewatch and ruin him
>>
>>49659349
thats not how it works, he'll just add how good he is to how eh the gatewatch is

though I don't hate the gatewatch as much as most, Ajani can't make it worse, only better.
>>
>>49658486
The Urza/Mishra argument starts making water when you look at the main characters and realize they can't draw them with a consistent face to save their lives.
Raven Man looking like anyone else is most likely a coincidence.
>>
>>49659129
>>49659237
What was the deal with Innistrad inhabitants becoming Eldrazi? It felt more Phyrexian than like the Eldrazi had been on Zendikar.
>>
>>49659425
Emrakul makes life, well she does in her normal role, without the other titans she just perverts existing life.
>>
File: 1451927464756.jpg (3KB, 190x159px) Image search: [Google]
1451927464756.jpg
3KB, 190x159px
>>49659244
>>
>>49658641
>>49658653
They pretty much did the "screen turns to black" thing in The Purifying Flame
>>
>>49659438
Wonder what the other titans do on their own then.
>>
File: STRIKING.jpg (288KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
STRIKING.jpg
288KB, 750x450px
>>49659270
>Thalia's art is literally her pose for the stand.
>>
>>49659444
they literally tell you, Ulamog destroys everything and breaks it down to mana and its base elements.

Kozilek warps reality and physics, reformating the plane.

then after the new plane has been made, Emrakul seeds it with life, viola, a new plane of existence.
>>
>>49659475
Where did they say this?
>>
>>49659475
Technically this is just fanon. It hasn't been spelled out in story.
>>
>>49659500
>>49659500
>>49659488

they "spell it out" with the titans literal abilities in story.
>>
>>49659508
That may be their abilities, but whether their abilities are relevant to their purpose is not something we can actually declare concretely.
Kozilek might just be a manager for the other two.
>>
File: Cry A lot.jpg (44KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
Cry A lot.jpg
44KB, 500x262px
>>49659244
>>
File: image.png (177KB, 316x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 316x321px
>>49659244

>Mr Cat gets to share his feels with Tamiyo and her senpai
>>
>>49659522
why wouldn't it? if they are just destroyers why would Emrakul have her ability and the same goes for Kozilek, they would all be like Ulamog.

its clear they had a purpose, there is a reason Ugin said ominous shit about them, chekov's gun and all that.
>>
>>49659564
I'm not saying they're just destroyers. I'm saying they could serve other roles that we don't understand, since they are complex super-beings from before time.
>>
>>49658816
Well Ajani is a literal lion from the Mesoamerica+Subsaharan Africa with giant animals shard-plane.
>>49658877
He told Jace it would be unwise to try and destroy thembecause Jace realized it could be done. He told Sorin and Nahiri they couldn't be destroyed because they had spent centuries fighting with respawns before giving up on the plane they were defending. They were willing to believe Ugin on their indestructability and that they needed to be contained and that ruined both their lives.
>>49659237
Kozilek was malicious, it enjoyed despair, and Emrakul seems to be written as some fertility goddes expy. Ulamog was the one who acted like a alien-sentience drone.
>>
>>49659253
>Gas the womyn, sex war now!
>>
>>49659644
???
>>
File: emrakulthepromisedend.jpg (35KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
emrakulthepromisedend.jpg
35KB, 265x370px
>Its presence was an invitation to madness, pressing into Thalia's mind like a dull knife despite the saint's warding.
l-lewd
>>
>>49659365
Are you sure? Gideon and Liliana were actually entertaining in their URs and comic appereances before they were burdened by Jacey Mouse, Lolfire and Oh Elf. Look at them now.
>>
>>49659475
That doesn't say what they do on their own. If create life = eldrazify existing life without the other two, what does warping reality do without the destruction and creation?
>>
>>49659659
Lurk moar
>>
>>49659688
>>49659688
who cares what it does on its own, it isn't mean to be on its own.
>>
>>49659669
>Lesbianism and tentacles
Oh wow
>>
>>49659244
>tfw dead Elspeth just wanting a home
Made me feel, man.
>>
>>49659180
>tfw no bf who thinks like this
>>
>>49659704
>I'll ignore a question and randomly give different trivia
>>
>>49659669
>they will never make a "mature" Magic set
>>
>>49659765
thank god, otherwise it would attract the edgyest retards out there
>>
>>49659670
>Lili and Gideon's URs were interesting
All of Lili's content before origins was her being an evil bitch or being hunted by villagers while bleeding from her everything
and what content did Gideon have before his origin story besides the purifying fire
>>
>>49659856
>bleeding from her everything
hot
>>
>>49659765
>Mina and Denn, wildborn incest
>>
>>49659870
I'm sure anon didn't mean her pussy.
>>
>>49659883
me too buddy
>>
>>49659765
> there will never be a set about wolf milf's lesbian hijinks and adventures
>>
File: IMG_0612.png (561KB, 625x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0612.png
561KB, 625x504px
>>49655220
>I kek'd audibly thinking of LS-V wearing a dragon dildo shirt
>>
>>49659897
Then why hot?
>>
>>49659931
I wonder how mild a shirt you could get DCI banned for...
>>
>>49659975
why not?
>>
>>49659670
>Look at them now.
Still just as entertaining?
>>
>>49660193
>Delving into Gideon's pathos more
>Lili is more than just evil bitch lol
>We get to see how enemy and ally color pairs interact.
>>
>>49658386
>>49658458

Why? Also how? Urza nuked him. There wouldn't even be anything to bring back.
>>
>>49660247
The canon's gone back and forth. I believe the latest is "that was an illusion conjured by Yawgmoth to weaken Urza's mental state".
>>
>>49660256
That's what I assumed, but didn't want to look stupid, because I never done read me a book.
>>
>>49660256
Canon's current official is "If they die on-screen, they stay dead."
>>
Talewatch > Gatewatch
>>
>>49660361
Sadly every story can't be sitting around telling stories to little kids.
>>
>>49657595
Just who is this retarded
>>
>>49658171
What is in the prologue of the first Mirrodin book anon? Legit curious here.
>>
>>49660719
>The oil had already insinuated itself into the Warden’s psyche, but there was time enough later to exert control. For now, it must divide and grow. Divide and grow. That was the first rule of any organism, especially one that had been created as a weapon. For what seemed an eternity, the oil had lain dormant, waiting to be unleashed upon a new world. The war for which it had been created had long since passed, but when a pair of travelers came, it awoke again and followed them to this new, this pristine, world.

>Divide and grow. Divide and grow. That was the first rule. Divide and grow until the oil infused the entire world. There was time enough for contamination and control later. For now, it must simply divide and grow.
>>
>>49660757
Who are the travelers? I presume one of them is Karn since he is the one who brought the oil unconsciously.

Also, thank you anon
>>
>>49660892
I forgot the previous part:

>As Memnarch was about to push open the door to the palace, he noticed a black smudge inside the guardhouse. “What could that be?” asked the metal man. “An imperfection in the perfect world? We can’t allow that.”

>Memnarch entered the guardhouse and bent down to wipe up the oily spot. The slick liquid transferred easily onto his silver finger. He then spread the oil around between finger and thumb until it disappeared. There,” said the Warden. “Now, to work. It is time I put my mark on Argentum.”

>A sudden thought flashed through Memnarch’s mind. “Argentum is a terrible name for this land,” he said to himself. He had no idea where the thought had originated, for it spread quickly through his entire matrix, but it seemed so right that he couldn’t deny it. Another idea germinated inside him.

>“I shall name this world after myself,” he exclaimed, “after my previous life as well as my new life. I shall name it Mirrodin.”

>Memnarch began to hum as he entered the castle.

The travelers are probably:

>Memnarch stood in the guard house and watched Karn and Jeska leave. It was a strange phenomenon. One moment they were there and the next moment they were gone. It was as if the world had folded over and passed them by in an instant. In that instant, Memnarch was alone. A metal man alone in a metal world, a cold and sterile world.
>>
>>49660931
Wished I played back in the original Mirrodin, I like very much what I have read from the lore and the power of the cards.

Hope Wizards do it more justice than they did to Zendikar when we go back to New Phyrexia. 2 Blocks seem a very short time to deal with everything we have to do there, just like it felt short for BfZ, OGW.
>>
>>49661053
*2 Sets
>>
>>49661053
Original Mirrodin was a horrible time to be playing. The world was cool and there were cool cards but everyone just played broken decks and it was unbearable.
>>
>>49661115
Better than the days where the mythics were the only cards worth playing.
>>
>>49661129
You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>49661149
Actually, even if I was wrong, it'd be subjective.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (24KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
24KB, 223x310px
>>49659129

I think Bolas actually caused the first rift when he killed that thing and sparked. That wouldn't surprise me because Bolas used to be so powerful he'd break lesser planes just by showing up, and usually had to arrive through Leylines.

I know pic related was another rift. Keep in mind that Barrin wasn't a planeswalker, which is impressive. Also, this was ultimately Urza's fault because the final straw was him telling Barrin that his daughter was dead like 3 years after she died.
>>
>>49661217
No, you are objectively wrong. Mirrodin was a time when players would leave the game for good, sales plummeted, only the most broken decks were viable, tons of cards formed an entire blob of brokenness so that the set before and the set after just looked terrible in comparison, the new border still wasn't worked out entirely, there already were rares that appeared less than other rares because of print sheets, etc. The only time worse than that must've been during Urza's blocks.
>>
>>49657650
I guess he wasnt punished enough.

>>49655529
>that feel when we will never know the plane where old timeline Gideon came.

Criminal Gideon never T_T
>>
>>49661315
Time Spiral 2 when?
>>
>>49661315
Ah?

Are they not the same? did sarkhans timetravel really change the origin of some planeswalkers?
>>
>>49661242
Truly a shame, Hanna was top tier magicwaifu.

Why did Urza have to be such a asshole to everybody around him?
>>
>>49661360
No. Sarkhan only affected Tarkir.

But Wizards retconned some of the things concerning the Origins five planeswalkers to make viable protagonists for the future.
>>
>>49661360
No, Sarkhan is not responsible, its the writters fault.

>No Criminal Gideon
>No Hitler Elf

Weatherlight saga at least had boring but consistent characters to an extend.
They pretty screwed Gideon and Nissa with the new stories.
>>
File: Recover_IN.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Recover_IN.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49661381

Hanna is my my old magic waifu for sure.

Urza is a shit, that's why.
>>
>>49661438
Urza could have fucked Barrin with his mecha's dick covered in phyrexian oil and it would have been less painful than what he actually did to the man.
>>
>Barrin, lead this school
>The students aren't for. Your crAzy army are they
>no
>fine
>i lied, we need a a time machine now
>what? Fuck fine. Now what
>oops
>WHERE IS THE SCHOOL, URZA
>gone, we'll make a new one
>fine, they're not an army this time?
>no, totally an army these guys are cray cray
>fine. Sure. Whatever
>im gonna go talk to these those trees, for help
>dude what? Oh shit what is this shit we're getting fucked
>yo I'm back. Oh shit, hold on
>now what?
>help me With this mega nuke
>fine, but imma do this Rayne chick and marry her
>k
>we got this kid now, Urza. We can't help
>i know, that's why I got you two married
>what?
>yea, she's part of my plan
>urza no
>Urza yes
>she's not helping
>fine, but there's this war in Keldon. We need your help
>dude it killed Rayne
>yea, but you killed them all and Hanna is ok. Just chill out and fight this war. Hanna and and a bunch of peeps are gonna do shit
>fine
>...
>Urza... Why is Hanna dead?
>oh right, Phyrexia shit. That was like 2 years ago dude. We didn't have a cure
>tolaria violently explodes in the background*
>>
>>49661701
Urza's batshit insane keikaku may have saved Dominaria from Phyrexia, but Barrin sure wished he had the opportunity to obliterated his ass.
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.