[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Amonkhet block

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: amonkhet.jpg (391KB, 1920x1120px) Image search: [Google]
amonkhet.jpg
391KB, 1920x1120px
So the next block in Magic: The Gathering is based in the plane of Amonkhet i.e. an Egyptian based plane.
It's an interesting setting so hopefully they do it well.
What are you hoping/expecting from it?
>>
File: we wuz.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
If they did it in medieval europe they'll do it here
WE
WUZ
>>
>>49649856
STEAMPUNK VEHICLES & PILOT MUMMIES.
>>
>>49649856
I want Bolas to fuck shit up.
I want him to completely WRECK the Gatewatch's shit.
Like, so fucking bad that there's a card about it.
And I want that card to be fucking playable.

And then I want whatever problem that there is to be solved by people native to the fucking plane.
Not by the bargain bin Magic Avengers.
>>
>>49649856

Skeletons, Mummies and Cats.
>>
>>49649856
I want them to bring back Traps.
Never played during the first half of the Zendikar block, but they seemed really cool.
>>
>>49649885
Will mummies be their own archetype or will they be zombies?
I like the sound of a mummy tribe
>>
>>49649928
Zombies.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=220170
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=202550
>>
>>49649881
>I want Bolas to fuck shit up.
>I want him to completely WRECK the Gatewatch's shit.
>Like, so fucking bad that there's a card about it.
>And I want that card to be fucking playable.
>And then I want whatever problem that there is to be solved by people native to the fucking plane.
>Not by the bargain bin Magic Avengers.

This, this guy knows,
also:>>49649885
>Skeletons

>>49649952
But no more:
>Zombies.
>>
>>49649952
A whole two cards doesn't really set a precedent.
Presuming they make a bunch of them there would be good enough reason to make it
>>
>>49649928

They're all typeshifted to Zombies which is BULLSHIT. However it would be interesting if they typeshift everything back to Mummy if some sort of Mummy tribal happened.
>>
File: 1428240577881.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428240577881.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
>>49649860
>All the humans are sub-saharan african tier black
My body is ready
>>
>>49649873
No more steampunk. I fucking hate that visual aesthetic. It's massively overrated.

>>49649885
This. Also take from the Warhammer visual aesthetic. Also, YuGiOh, give us gods, and jackals, and ancient magic, and tombs, maybe even "Ancient Aliens." Also various Pharous vying for power.

Desert Assassins like in YuGiOh, I think they were called Necromancers.
>>
File: 1475254203818.png (1012KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475254203818.png
1012KB, 1280x720px
>>49649856
Croc furries.
>>
>>49650165
They were "gravekeepers" but you're close enough.

>>49649881
It won't happen that way, but if it DID, that's the kind of card the dev team made sure was a format staple because it sounds rather important to the plot.

As for what I expect:
>Gods, Devotion, "enchantments matter"
>Enchantments don't matter
>In fact, almost no viable enchantment cards printed.
>Bolas either fights gatewatch to Phyrric Draw, or flees as soon as Ajani starts looking for a fight.

Ruined Again/10
>>
>>49650240
Just checked for my own curiosity. There are 153 cards in theros block with the enchantment card type. 82 of them are creatures, and 41 of the remaining 71 are auras. There are only 30 non-creature non-aura enchantments in the BLOCK, and all but 5 of them were printed in JTN
>>
I expect a lot of +1/+1 counters
>>
>>49649860
Yea, cause WotC is an American company and has to conform to American cultural values to move product, which at this time means that they must visually represent the American population regardless of how little sense it makes.
>>
>>49649856

graveyard based mechanics.
>>
FUCKING PROTECTION FROM COLOR
NO, INDESTRUCTIBLE IS NOT OKAY WHEN -X/X AND EXILE ARE STILL AROUND
>>
>all these people too young to remember Mirage

>>49650196
Alaran Viashino were already croc-like, and it's been a while since Viashino were featured anywhere. I'd say it's a decent bet for the red "race", also because I don't really see goblins in egypt.
So, leonin or those dog-headed guys (ainok?) for white, viashino for red, skellies for black?
>>
>>49649856
>expecting
Zombies renamed Mummies. Some kind of graveyard related subtheme. Slightly more artifacts than usual to tie into Kaladesh in Standard. Pic related.
>>
On a list of things I expect

>+1/+1 counter mechanic
>20+ cards mentioning the gatewatch or oaths or whatever
>New Nicol Bolas planeswalker card. Likely 3 or 4 mana and the chase rare of the set being at 50+$
>the jacestice league will solve problem in the second set
>Green becomes the most powerful color by a long shot
>literally no playable draw spells ,counter spells, hasty creatures or face burn
>New green mythic that's 3 mana and is a 10/10 that has all upside abilities
>New Jace card
>more than half of the mythics of the set are planeswalkers
>all around another boring safe watered down set with no colors getting anything interesting besides more good green cards and Nicol Bolans
>>
>>49650760
White -> Leonin
Blue -> Aven
Black -> Zombies (Mummies)
Red -> Viashino
Green -> Ainok

Seems probable.
>>
>>49649856

I was going to ask for something tha references Isis re-assembling the dismembered Osiris to bring him back to life, but that's just Exodia isn't it?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 223x310px
>>49649856
Possibly lands of the desert type.

Anubis and friends.
>>
>>49650923
Would I wouldn't complain if there was some alt-wincon cycle that reference that/exodia
>>
>>49651101

It's probably NOT going to reference how she couldn't find his knob so fashioned him a solid gold todger as a magic prosthetic though is it?
>>
>>49650866

I hope we get those crocodile men what live on Jund.
>>
sphinxes of the blue and artifact variety
>>
>>49651469
it's cool though, she jerked off his corpse first
>>
>>49650974

Desert Duals would be hilarious.
I want to see devotion to a color in your graveyard.
Traps would be cool I guess.
>>
>>49650760
>all these people too young to remember Mirage
>Viashino

I know what a viashino is, Croc furries.
>>
>>49649856
Sand-Covered Basic Lands
>>
>>49652543
>I want to see devotion to a color in your graveyard
please this
>>
>>49654268
>>49652543
it would be a flavor win but please god no, Golgari has enough toys already
>>
File: 1473879576926.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1473879576926.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>all these kiddos crying about "muh kings" meme.

Anyway, I'm hoping they slip in some Legendary princess with blue eyes and silver hair.
>>
>>49649860
Out of curiosity, how black would the not!pharoahs have to be to be too black for you?

Because they (probably) weren't central africa black, but they were at their whitest (which would be when they were partly greek) pretty fucking beige, and for most of it they would have been pretty decently caramel-or-darker.

It could just be because I'm from a country with basically no black people, but making the distinction between "egyptian brown" and "nubian brown" when it comes to "what colour did they make the kings of this magic pyramid universe" just seems really stupid.
>>
>>49651498
Those were viashino
>>
>>49654355
Not him, but what gets people riled up is when Sub-saharan Africans get shifted north to replace Northern Africans. There's a massive genetic difference, and not entirely from the Muslim conquests in the 600 - 700s. Just look at the difference between Moroccans and the people of Mali, despite the fairly small geographic distance.

The trade kingdoms of Mali, Ghana and so on where actually incredibly interesting -- and powerful. It's a shame that everyone wants to blackwash the Egyptians and Phoenicians/Carthaginians instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali
>But Musa's generous actions inadvertently devastated the economy of the regions through which he passed. In the cities of Cairo, Medina, and Mecca, the sudden influx of gold devalued the metal for the next decade. Prices on goods and wares greatly inflated. To rectify the gold market, on his way back from Mecca, Musa borrowed all the gold he could carry from money-lenders in Cairo, at high interest. This is the only time recorded in history that one man directly controlled the price of gold in the Mediterranean

Also, Ethiopians in Korea were neato.
>>
>>49650760
Too bad Maro regrets viashino. Fucking bastard.
>>
>>49649973
Y-yeah! And like, the card says that anyone who likes the Gatewatch are like, like megafaggots, and uh, you get to slap them for being megafaggots! Yeah! The G-gatewatch suck! more like, jacetice league! no no no more like GAYTICE league! because they're gay! God I miss the good planeswalkers, not neowalkers, being cool and powerful and not gay and lame...
>>
>>49654605
>stutter-typing because you disagree with them
Stop.
Just call him a contrarian and shut up. You look like more of a faggot than he does when you do that. Christ, that's embarrassing.
>>49649973
>no zombies on Egypt plane
You're getting a break from them on Kaladesh, it looks like, but I'd say that's all you're going to get. Did you think that they'd make a new type for mummies or something? That would be beyond stupid, c'mon.
>>
>>49654681
Brushwagg.
Camel.
>>
>>49654681
Except on /tg/, being contrarian and counterculture is a badge of honor, because otherwise "filthy normies"
>>
>>49654909
>Camel
>creature type since Arabian Nights, just rarely used
>Brushwagg
>printed on a grand total of one card from Mirage, released on November, 1 1996, more than a decade before the Grand Creature Type Update
What point were you trying to make with those two extraordinarily meager and ancient examples, friend? Are you also going to bring up how modern Magic designers made "Serf" an extraneous creature type back in Homelands?

>>49654921
Yes, that is how it is in general on 4chan. That doesn't mean you can't call them contrarians for the sake of it, though, which is what your post was saying in the first place.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.