[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer painting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (422KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
422KB, 1080x1920px
4 months into warhammer painting. How does it look?
>>
>>49646892
Way better than I was at 4 months
>>
>>49646892
Good! But if you still need tips:
>either dust off your mini or thin your paints even further. Or get different paints, the texture on this model is a little chalky.
>more prominent highlights

Other than that well done! The glow effect is good and it looks like you're ready to start working more in freehand and washes.
>>
>>49646892
I wish I was that good at four months.
>>
>>49646892
Looks pretty good.
I'd just work on your detailing and basing.

The drybrushing ain't bad by a long shot, but it's a little inconsistent. His sword arm seems a lot more weathered than his legs, and his entire body from the neck down looks a lot more weathered than his head (which looks almost pristine.

The base by itself is kind of plain. It doesn't detract from the model really, but it could be a little lot more interesting without getting to that level. I'd advise you paint it (in his case I think I'd do it green to go with the flock and rock) and do a color along the rim (up to you).

Overall though, very good for 4 months in.
Your glow effect on the Combi-Plasma looks really good. A nitpick, but I think it would look better with the Bolter's casing painted up, but that's just like, my opinion man.
>>
I really hate big ass rock bases like that

but for being a beginner you nailed a good plasma effect
>>
>>49647208
Yeah the chalkiness was from dry brushing a lil too much. I'll clean up some later
>>
The base was supposed to be a jungly mossy rock, my other Crimson fists have better looking ones, I just wanted my Sargent to stand out a lil
>>
>>49647254
Drybrushing is good for larger models, but if you're willing to put in the time and effort a fine-tip brush will get you much cleaner highlights on a troop model.
>>
>>49647301
I need to train my hand more. I inherited very shaky hands from my mom so its been sorta hard. Either way, will be good to train my hands to be steadier
>>
>>49647335
Take a big ol' drag off that blunt b4 u highlight, battle-nigga
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 640x424px
>>49647473
Okie doki ( my first model from 4 months ago)
>>
>>49647499
Recess shade and highlight and that's a solid model!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.