[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ Addiction Support Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: plano732.jpg (24KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
plano732.jpg
24KB, 450x450px
My name is anon, and I am an addict. This isn't my first time here, but I had a relapse. I spent an hour shopping for just the right tacklebox to hold game components.
>>
>>49646666
>My name is anon,
Hi anon.
>and I am an addict. This isn't my first time here, but I had a relapse. I spent an hour shopping for just the right tacklebox to hold game components.
*claps* Thanks for sharing, anon.
>>
My name is jimmy jim james the 3rd esquire and I bought a chainmail hauberk and gambeson and im to embarrassed to admit is too heavy for me to wear for long periods of time So i plan on buying even more gear to prance around in
>>
Im tiny tim, ive bought about 4-7 boxes of geedubs models in the past month, a couple chaos space marines from ebay and grey knights. They are all just sitting there primed and here i am browsing ebay for more.
>>
File: comiccover1.jpg (90KB, 660x364px) Image search: [Google]
comiccover1.jpg
90KB, 660x364px
>>49646666
>dem satanic quads!

It's alright anon, we can help you here. We even have some lovely tracts we can give you for free!
>>
>>49646666

So... what did box you buy and for what game?

N-not that I have a similar problem mind you!
>>
I'm anon, and I keep buying new things for 40k even though the majority of stuff I own is shamefully unpainted
>>49648876
start squattin, deadliftan and benchan anon, your gear will be reasonable weight in no time
>>
File: storage.jpg (237KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
storage.jpg
237KB, 1000x666px
>>49649233
I was looking for a tacklebox to keep my Descent 2e stuff organized. At first I thought about getting a Plano 732. I have a 732 that is practically a perfect fit for my Imperial Assault stuff (pic related), and Imperial Assault is very similar to Descent.

The front center compartment holds 3 trays, each of which can store a lot of minis. The front side compartments hold trays that are good for sorting tokens, decks, and mini cards. The top compartment is big enough to hold rulebooks in the center space, deck boxes (from Magic fatpacks) in the back space, and various sundries in the side spaces. There are also compartments on the sides of the lid that can store stuff. It pretty easily holds all of my Imperial Assault stuff except for the 3 biggest miniatures (2 scout walkers and a bantha) and the map tiles, which I keep in the core box.

But Descent has a lot more monsters that won't fit in the main trays of the 732. Just from the base set, there are 2 shadow dragons, 2 elementals, 2 ettins, and 2 merriods. So even if I got the 732 - which is a big damn box - I'd need another solution to transport miniatures. So I looked for something smaller to keep tokens and cards organized and decided on a Plano 728. Its front center compartment holds 3 trays that are essentially the same as the side compartment trays from the 732. The side compartments don't come with any trays, and the only ones I could find that fit (Plano Model 3449) don't come close to filling the space, but they'll be good for storing seldom-used tokens (like the apothecary class' elixir tokens and hexer class' hex tokens). The top compartment is big enough to hold the rulebooks, but it's a tight fit. I'll still transport map tiles in the core box, but I'm not sure how I'll transport figures.

Dimensions
728: approx. 18" wide, 11" tall, 9" deep
732: approx. 24" wide, 12" tall, 12" deep
>>
>>49651732
This reminds me of the guy who fucks tiles
except with toolboxes
do you fuck toolboxes
>>
I think coming here, of all places, to talk about disproportionate spending on elfgames is... not the best idea.
>>
>>49651732
>>49646666
>Where can I go to humblebrag about my action figures and erroneous spending habits. Ah there's /tg/.
>>
>>49651812
Would you fuck toolboxes?
I'd fuck toolboxes.
>>
>>49651732
So...

What would you use for 40k stuff? 28mm, that is. I'm stuck with a shitty one-tier box for whatever army I travel with and a second box that doesn't fit any minis. Turned that one into a bitz box.
>>
>>49652737
Kike's Workshop makes suitcases that hold minis, could look into those.
>>
>>49652737
Plano makes a variety of organizers, some quite deep (say large enough for a can of spray paint laying on its side). You can buy small bulk quantities on Amazon or at big box stores.

Then find a tote or soft bag to carry them. I think their tackleboxes are flimsy.

I don't even wargame, I just use them for organizing small tools and components for my job.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.