[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranoia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

So I just tried running this game for the first time, had tons of fun, my players want to continue but I kind of hit an issue.

One of the players convinced another they were in the same secret society, when they in fact weren't, and later betrayed and killed him. So basically, how do I get them to work together now that one of them knows most of the others secrets.
>>
>>49646453
> later betrayed and killed him

So...

It sounds like you're playing Paranoia correctly.
>>
>>49646534
But like... There's no issue one knows the others secret society? He just gets that advantage for playing well I guess?
>>
>>49646576
I usually just start a new session with new characters every time I play this. The game doesn't feel like it's meant to be a continuous campaign, not with the same characters anyway.
>>
>>49646453
It's not betrayal if you're action in best interest (or even on direct command of) Friend Computer.
>>
>>49646576
I would say it's fine, don't punish him for playing well.

The threat of murder by friend computer should be enough to get a semblance of cooperation out of them.
>>
>>49646453

It's paranoia, dude.

They DON'T work together. The core of the game is that they have to do a simple thing but for reasons (mostly the fact that they dont' trust each other) they fail miserably.
>>
>>49646576

If you're playing Paranoia right, no PC will make it more than a few missions without being run out of clones.
>>
>>49646618
How do they build up promotions or money then? Or do you not really have that be a big part of the game?
>>
>>49647076
If you wanted to, you could separate the PCs from their earnings and only keep the earnings continuous. Next time they run it's a new team of random troubleshooters that happen to have the promotions they snagged before.
>>
This game sound fun. Does some anon would kindly care to share the pdfs?
>>
File: 1447329325673.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1447329325673.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I'm thinking about running this myself, anyone got any clever ideas for a silly mission or whacky things I can throw at my PCs? I've already got them convinced their dice colors have some effect on their rolls.
>>
>>49647300
^This.

"Oh! It seems our previous sponsor died in a nightmarish work related accident. The good news is that you get all of his funds to do with as you please. The bad news is, his corpse congested the workline production of sedatives used to keep the supercomputer robotic riot brigade under control... Speakng of which..."
>>
>>49647409
I gave them a raygun that they had temporary clearance to fire (in order to test) but not to witness.
>>
>>49646453

is there a rule that says I can slap anyone who asks me if I am a happy communist?
>>
>>49647409
Have them physically draw out a simple series of tunnels that lead to buttons, which "unlock" a red door with "warning" written on it at the end of one.

Their goal is to figure out the sequence of buttons necessary to open the door. However, the door isn't locked in the first place, and each of the buttons activate various traps/encounters in the halls.
>>
>>49646453
First and foremost I'd discourage killing players in any context. Characters have clones, players have parents...

Then I don't really see it as a problem, more as the game unfolding like it should. I understand this has created an imbalance in your group dynamic, but life isn't fair and life in the Alpha Complex is... HAPPINESS IS MANDATORY!

Anyway, if you want to intervene, and I'm not sure that you should, you can give the owned character goodies to balance. Assign team functions, there's job cards available, and make the clone that lost his secrets the morale officer or someone whose opinion is valued by Friend Computer for inexplicable reasons.

You do realize that the objective of the game is for the clones to murder each other in a panic, right?
>>
>>49647523
>You do realize that the objective of the game is for the clones to murder each other in a panic, right?

This.
In any other game, the players have an enemy they need to kill/defeat & who is trying to kill/defeat them.

This is the only game in which players are their own enemies - with a generous amount of help from their Friend Computer.
Just play it like the BBEG of this level is "that guy standing next to you", and you can't miss.
>>
>>49647409
thank you, kind anon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.