[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's your Burning Wheel campaign going, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: b_w.png (7KB, 325x260px) Image search: [Google]
b_w.png
7KB, 325x260px
How's your Burning Wheel campaign going, /tg/?
>>
File: bwg_web_cover.jpg (267KB, 550x850px) Image search: [Google]
bwg_web_cover.jpg
267KB, 550x850px
600+ pg for the initial book? No thanks.

tasteful cover art, though.
>>
>>49644794
post the pdf and I'll run one and tell you
>>
>>49644844
that's illegal, sir!

Also it's one big ass tome.
>>
>>49644837

Yeah, Burning Wheel is a fascinating game, but waaay too crunchy for me. I'm a lazy rules-light scrub.
>>
>>49644896
>that's illegal
that's what they said about putting a man on the moon
>>
It isn't Burning Wheel, so it's sort of unrelated, but it's the same company so I'll ask here.

How is Torchbearer?
>>
>>49644918

I'm running a Mouse Guard campaign, which rules borrow heavily from BW. it's a really neat system, for sure.

>>49644929
you're right
https://www.sendspace.com/file/u32glc
>>
>>49644965

Torchbearer absolutely is Burning Wheel.

The entire point of Burning Wheel was to provide a hackwork for people to pluck and modify and build a system out of it. That's what Mouse Guard and Torchbearer both are.

>>49644837

You don't need to read even a third of that. The vast majority of the book is 'if you want more complicated bits for _______, see chapter __'.
>>
friendly bump.

a fun, interesting game
>>
Gm'd the first session of my current campaign. As some have said, it's very crunchy and it requires the players to be very invested in his characters, and the campaign in general.
For my players is hard to change their way of playing since we come from a very D&D heavy background.
If your players are not willing to invest the minimun that the game demands, it's better to play another game.
Having said that if you have good players it can generate great fucking games.
>>
>>49644794
Pretty good!
I'm just running Trouble in the Duchy Verdoben to start things off, with the players making their own characters. So far we have a lost Dwarven clan soldier far away from home and a young huntress seeking to protect her village. We're recruiting more people from the FLGS, so we'll see how that works out.
>>
>>49644794
It's been going strong for a year now, and even stronger now that the Codex dropped.

Once you go Burning Wheel, you never go back.
>>
Whether or not you can get a good group together to play the game, which can be hard since it requires a lot more player investment than other games, the book is a fantastic read for GMs and has things you'll want to implement in other games.
>>
>>49644794
Did the first session, party is a rich merchant with few skills outside making more money and having a lot of contacts, a priest of a forgotten god who also functions as a spymaster, and a master craftsman who's reasonably high up in the city's guilds. They're trying to keep order and control in a city with numerous factions correlating to the setting's various deities (although not always)
>>
>>49644844
https://mega.nz/#F!0pZkQAoY!WOv8QDEY6vaG1BdiVOBofw
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.