[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so now that the dust has settled what does /tg/ think about kaladesh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 5

File: laughing_sluts.jpg (241KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_sluts.jpg
241KB, 850x500px
so now that the dust has settled what does /tg/ think about kaladesh?
>>
>>49643442
It's kinda racist they decided "steampunk but no Brits, because Brits = empire = evil" while keeping good British influence like not burning wives on their husbands' funeral pyres.

Cultural appropriation, so to speak. Erasure.
>>
>>49643442
Meh.

Buying a couple of singles for Commander, I like Demon of Dark Schemes. But apart from that I couldn't care less.

Certainly not enough to entice me back to Standard, and the mechanics are boring enough I don't want to make a kitchen table deck around them.
>>
>>49643442
>>49643442
new mechanics: shit

setting: too modern and weird for my taste. They're pushing steampunk way too hard. However it's noticeable that they were trying to focus on the art over everything else.
>>
>>49643602
>Buying
>for Commander
If you play casually just proxy rather than funding WOTC.
>>
>>49643442
I love it. Amazing set for Draft and even Sealed was pretty good this time.

9/10
>>
>>49643660
I'd rather not have cards that look like shit, thanks.
I'm happy to pay them a small sum.
I just don't want to piss away money hand over fist for boosters full of crap I'll never use.
>>
>>49643442
Mechanics seem fun, not revolutionairy, but fun. The story and plane are just boring.
>>
>>49643442
Until Chandra gets dicked down good or until the lesbian love triangle begins, consider me uninterested.
>>
>>49643841
>I'm happy to pay them a small sum.
Screw you.
>>
>>49643442
Disappointed by the lack of thopter support and still mad they managed to miss the UR artificer legendary mark so hard.
>>
>>49644077
>and still mad they managed to miss the UR artificer legendary mark so hard.
AEther Revolt.
>>
I'm a little tired of Nissa, Austistic Lesbian.

Well, I'm tired of the Gatewatch in general, but Nissa in particular this time around.
>>
>>49643442
I rate it poo/loo
>>
>>49644183
God damn I love this meme.
>>
>>49644157
>Nissa, Austistic Lesbian
How is she either? Narset is legit autistic.
>>
>>49644139
I hope so Anon, really I do, but I can't bring myself to trust them.

I just want to know if it's going to happen or not, so I can decide to build Sydri or not.
>>
what the gatewatch members really need is a good dicking, elder dragon style
>>
>>49644372
I heard a team of planeswalker villains is going to be introduced, so the Gatewatch may get just that.
>>
>>49644245

She's all "Oh, how do people like even interact with eachother, I don't like people touching me, MUH ASHAYA!"

But she still wants to make out with Chandra while at the same time being afraid of Chandra's firery emotions.
>>
File: going first.gif (1019KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
going first.gif
1019KB, 480x268px
>>49643442
I actually like the set and it might just make me build a standard deck(for casual play) for the first time since Innistrad/RTR standard. Overall I like the art and the energy system I just hope it doesn't get completely forgotten. I plan to eventually buy a booster box in november and make some new decks for the first time in a while. I actually feel inspired to deckbuild again... Serra above knows I haven't made one in two years.
>>
>>49644571
To be fair, that's what a lot of /tg/ would be like if we got to be girls.
>>
>>49643442
Its shit, like everything since post-Mending
>>
>>49644676

Want to make out with Chandra or be Autistic?
>>
>>49643561
>implying the life of a woman isn't tied to her husband's
>not killing your wife at your time of death so you may be reincarnated as lovers again
>not killing yourself to have a chance to reunite with your hubby in the next life
kek

That's (supposed to be) done mostly in war, in a very specific area in Islamic North India, and ideally the woman gives consent to being burnt, btw, since glorious south asian women would rather die than be defiled by their foe.

>>49643442
Thought it'd be Indian, but was let down.
Rip.
>>
>>49644745
Both but more autistic.
>>
>>49644770
Fucking one Indian person in a "India" plane. I am Indian and while I really don't care too much flavor wise, why did they feel free to fill Theros with random black people but refuse to put Indians in their own plane?
>>
>>49644077
>>49644248
I really find it hilarious that they managed to give Green a legendary artificer before blue. Don't worry, aether revolt will come around and introduce a proper artificer that's three whole artifact colors: Red, White, and Black
>>
>>49644877

Black people are more valuable on the oppression scale than Indians.
>>
>>49644571
She doesn't like being around metric fucktons of people because she's a country girl trapped in a city. That's not autistic so much as it's "What the fuck people?"
>>
>so now that the dust has settled what does /tg/ think about kaladesh?
Wizards honestly thought turn 4 ulamogs would be good for the format.
Good thing they thought to print a 1cmc counterspell against it!
Good luck drawing it before turn 4 though. Wizard saw hearthstone and wanted make make Magic more RNG based it seems.
>>
>>49644426
W Nahiri
U Tezzeret
B Ob Nixilis
R Tibalt
G Garruk

any thoughts?
>>
team special functions, i'm certain that most of these are legit mental handicaps like spaceburgers or whatever
>Jace is shy af would rather look at own feet than talk to someone, obsesses over incomplete mysteries
>Liliana is just a huge slut, can't identify with real emotions
>Chandra MUH EMOTIONS I CAN'T CONTROL IMPULSE ADHD
>Nissa crowds freak her out, quiet like a spastic that needs an interpreter
>Gideon is literally perfect and buff and handsome and a good leader
>>
>>49645760
>tibalt coming back
Anything but him, please. Make Koth get infected by Phyrexian oil or something.
>>
>>49645760
Why would they team up, though..
I mean Tezzy and Ob maybe but.
Garruk wants to kill any planeswalker, team members included.
Tibalt is to much of a LolRandom jerk.
And why would Nahiri care....she's too busy trying to find Tarkir so she can f*** it up.
>>
>>49646036
Ugin has an excuse and unlike Sorin is actually willing to explain "Yeah, I died." so Tarkir'll be fine.

But what you missed is that Nahiri is number 1 on Ob's shit list., with Nissa only being a distant number 2.
>>
>>49646097
>But what you missed is that Nahiri is number 1 on Ob's shit lis
missed it big
>>
>>49645820
Gideon is Bromosexual. Just goes around being a Bro and getting shit done, wondering why he's stuck in a bad episode of "Saved by the Bell"
>>
>>49643442
Love it. Limited format seems great, all new mechanics seem great in Limited and am excited to see Racecars explode onto Standard. Art is amazing, best basic lands I've seen in quite some time. Power level is interesting.

Story is a mixed ball, it's great when they focus on life on Kaladesh but terrible when Gatewatch autism hits.
>>
>>49646392
>tfw everyone else will be blinded by Lily but Gideon won't when she betrays them
>tfw Gideon will reveal himself to be this tactical genius and Lily will be taken down by the Gatewatch member she hates most
>tfw she won't even see it coming because she only sees him as a shirtless beef slab who just hits things hard
/tg/ why is Gideon just the fucking best person?
>>
>>49645760
>>49646036

Garruk seems very likely, sure he wants to murder all Walkers, but Nicol is clever and can strike deals with anybody.
He's just going to offer Garruk a near endless supply of Walkers to hunt down, all he has to do is give a location and a target and Garruk can go have his fun

Garruk doesn't even need payment or any form of reward, he does it for the thrill. He's basically the perfect muscle for Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>49646097
>>49646036
>>49645760

Nahiri is good aligned believe it or not, I don't see her joining up with an Evil Dragon any time soon
>>
>>49647260
>Nahiri is good aligned
>Maro and the rest of creative literally all say that she was the villain of Shadows over Innistrad.
At best she's flip-flop aligned. But yeah, she's not joining up with Bolas. She's off seeking her own demented form of justice.
>>
>>49647287

The real test of Nahiri's character is how she reacts when she learns that Zendikar survived. Not just being told, but seeing it for herself.
>>
>>49647555
>Nahiri is hellbent, swinging a stoneforged sword around on Tarkir, yelling incoherently at Ugin. While Gideon is trying to restrain her.
>She claims she'll make Tarkir suffer the eldrazi just like Zendikar.
>Nissa tells her Zendikar is fine, they stopped the eldrazi.
>Nahiri stops, pops to Zendikar, then comes back.
>"Oh, huh. It is. Sorry Ugin."
>She joins the gatewatch, they all laugh it off.
>Nobody remembers Sorin dying of dehydration on Innistrad.
>>
>>49645136
Mishra would like a word with you
>>
>>49647660
Only the Gatewatch matters anon. It's just like Star Trek!
>>
>>49647260
I'll admit I don't really believe it, given the attempted mass murder of the entire population of a plane just to spite one douchebag vampire.
>>
>>49647674
I didn't even notice I said "Blue" instead of "Blue/Red"
Regardless: Mishra's Blue, red, and black. He's missing the artifact prowess of white. Jeskai is the best artifact color trio, so naturally Mardu would be the 2nd funniest artifact legend to print. Green was the number 1 funniest, but then they actually went and did it.
>>
>>49643442
I like it but it means that actual mirrodin 3 might not ever happen, since this is sort of proxy mirrodin 3.

This makes me sad since I want phyrexians to show up.
>>
>>49647754
Eh, the population of a plane is a statistic. Urza and friends were just as bad.

See >>49647287
>>
>>49647768
I want them to retcon scars block. Mirrodin was my favorite plane.
>>
File: 1474311765582.jpg (67KB, 343x476px) Image search: [Google]
1474311765582.jpg
67KB, 343x476px
>>49647758
>We asked them to print an artifacts- matter legend.
>And they did! The absolute madmen!
>>
Waiting for Kaladesh 2: Please Poo in the Loo before I pass final judgement.

Flavorwise, I think it's neat, but ultimately boring. Honestly it doesn't feel like Magic at all, but rather some other card game with all the same rules but none of the awesome cards.
>>
>>49647815
>>49647758

Atleast she's playable, unlike Ulrich.

Damn it Wizards, you fucked up super hard on that one. Super hard.
>>
>>49647128
>/tg/ why is Gideon just the fucking best person?
he's handsome and greek but not in the shitty way
>>
>>49643442
Waiting for Ajani or Gideion to pop the very important question to Chandra
>Uh... So does this mean your parents are terrorists?
>>
>>49643442
so now that the dust has settled what does /tg/ think about retarded faggots who start "now that the dust has settled" threads?
>>
>>49647754
Chaotic good, she's pursuing justice in absolutely insane ways
>>
>>49643442

Energy seems like a lot of effort for something that isn't really that interesting.
Fabricate is boring, but fine
Vehicles are janky, but fun.
Masterpieces are just the latest in a long line of bullshit. I would mind slightly less if they weren't limited playable. Lost the final at my prerelease to some asshole that got a sol ring. Felt bad, man.
Art and story are garbage, as expected of neo-magic
>>
>>49648826
Only the swords are really good for draft. A sol ring isn't that good unless your deck is full of 4 drops, AND you always get it on turn 1.
>>
File: 1475566605103.jpg (66KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1475566605103.jpg
66KB, 223x311px
WELCOME TO THE NEW STANDARD:
>ROFLCOPTER EDITION
>>
>>49647923
Name one way that can be shitty unless your a straightfag.
>>
>>49649081
I already plan to scribble "2fast2furious" on my 4 copies when they arrive.
>>
>>49644877
You'll probably get random Indians in Innistrad 3 or the eventual Australian Aboriginal set.

And it will serve you right for demanding all this diversity in the first place.
>>
>>49645820
Gideon is a redeemed felon. He's proof that anyone bad can see the error of their ways and redeem themselves to good. Kudos to WotC for including such a powerful and admirable moral message in their story.
>>
>>49647832
>Waiting for Kaladesh 2: Please Poo in the Loo before I pass final judgement.
Oh you!
>>
>>49649081
Why are Eternal formats the best formats, /tg/?
>>
>>49650920
>tfw no format where all reserved cards are banned but otherwise legality is eternal
>>
>>49645278
>muh gimmick deck
won't see play, fuck off
>>
I'm new to Magic so this is the first release I've been around and honestly I quite like the aesthetic of Kaladesh, I couldn't tell you mechanically how it compares to other releases though.
>>
>>49651186
>and honestly I quite like the aesthetic of Kaladesh
Yeah. India would be nice if it was painted bright colors and had the streets spayed clean of feces.
>>
>>49643442
I'm the only one who exists that likes it, AMA.
>>
>>49652190
Does it have enough LGBT characters? It has only one.
>>
>>49652234
Yes, between confirmed and potential.
Then again, my line of thought goes "Fucking over your story for dumblr's sake is generally a bad idea."
>>
>>49652332
>potential
Is this about Chandra/Nissa?
>>
>>49652369
Yes, though IMO Chandra/Liliana makes more sense than Nissa being a lesbian. Still, she does represent the plant side of green, which is where gender's all up in the air, so I guess it kinda works?
>>
>>49645833
>wanting to ruin based Koth
>>
>>49643442
Perfect setting for Phyrexia to make its grand entrance
>>
>>49652332
It sickens me that they pander to Tumblr as much as they do yet give a loud and clear fuck you to anyone wanting sexy women in their game.
>>
>>49652420
That's never going to happen. They realized with Ravnica and Zendikar not to destroy what players loved about planes, so they retconned the guilds into coming back despite the Ravnica storyline and had the Eldrazi defeated despite them being supposedly plane-destroyers. It's all part of their philosophy of seeing planes as re-usable resources.

So the only way Kaladesh has a chance of being destroyed by Phyrexia is if it's less popular than Kamigawa.

I suppose an invasion that gets defeated would be ok, as long as no lasting mark is left on the place.
>>
>>49652397
>the plant side of green, which is where gender's all up in the air,
Uh, plants do have sexes...
>>
>>49646097
>actually willing to explain "Yeah, I died."
The entire point of Tarkir was that he never died. From the perspective of literally everyone but Sarkhan, Tarkir was always dragonland and Ugin spent the last few thousand years in a healing coma after his battle with Bolas. That said, "I was in a coma" is still an excuse you can't really argue with.
>>
>>49644077
>still mad they managed to miss the UR artificer legendary mark so hard.
Kill yourself you entitled faggot
>>
>>49652668

Are you having a bad day? Or did you just miss your nap? Either way, taking your frustrations out on others like that is poor form.
>>
>>49644571
Wait, are Nissa and Chandra legit gay for each other, or is it just /tg/ headcanon?

Also, "fiery emotions" that's..... really gay. Who wrote this shit? Sorry, new to MtG, but this story with the Gatewatch and whatnot is really cringe. I don't like most of the Planeswalkers, they're very generic. Both in design and especially personality. Only Jace and Nissa are visually interesting imo.
>>
>>49652508
And they need bees to have sex. Your point?
>>
>>49643660
>buying on the secondary market
>funding wotc
>>
>>49652491
>>49652420
Nex block is confirmed to be about Egyptian hangout of Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>49652491
>They realized with Ravnica and Zendikar not to destroy what players loved about planes
too bad the only thing Wizards loves more than major planes is having Phyrexia destroy those major planes.
>>
>>49653087
>Wash MaRo didn't psychically infer what I wanted and deliver everything I dreamed of and more for my shit casual format so the set is irredeemable garbage
This is what you sound like
>>
File: 1355180499581.jpg (27KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1355180499581.jpg
27KB, 500x344px
>>49652491
>That's never going to happen.
>Forgetting that Wizards has confirmed Phyrexia to be the final Big bad of MTG
>>
>>49643442
I don't hate Vehicles nearly as much as I thought I would. Energy is gay.
>>
>>49654145
Would be better if there was a way to to drain energy from an opponent
>>
>>49654120
Phyrexia is in baclground and pretty small time and not a big threat at the moment even if there some alleged planes we never saw infected with oil. Nicol Bolas is the main big bad right now.
>>
>>49654160
hopefully they do more with it in aether revolt
>>
>>49654226
For now, absolutely. But to think they're going to remain in the background is stupid.
>>
>>49654160
Yeah that would be nice, but I doubt that will happen.
>>
>>49644770
>ideally the woman gives consent to being burnt
>ideally

Oh yeah Manjeet, that's much better.
>>
>>49643660
I'm happy to fund my LGS and realistically the money is hardly anything to me, so yeah I'm buying two copies of the one single from this godforsaken set I really want.
>>
>>49643660
No. I buy or trade for everything I play. I run two tops, five sol rings, a full playset of blue cantrips, and various assorted bullshit. I play for fun, not to netdeck a 4k deck, instantly win, then get bored when no one plays with you.
>>
>>49649081
TFW some dude gave his to me because "it's shit"
>>
>>49648373
>>49647260

She's the fucking main villain of SOI and doomed thousands out of spite.

She's the White villain we didn't want but we need.
>>
>>49647832
I was wondering where that meme had gotten to.
>>
>>49645136
What about Padeem?
>>
>>49643442
Mechanics are fucking boring. All the most interesting cards are just old mechanics without their keywords.

Couple interesting cards, but the continued "shitty support cards" with no ramp, no burn, tons of clunky overcosted rares up against undercosted mythics... I'm just not very impressed at all.
>>
>>49643442
>Patiently waiting for Amonkhet
Ajani-outta-nowhere combat trick is fun in limited. That's the best opinion I can state for this set.
>>
Honestly? I'm extremely disappointed with this set. Almost every pack you open that doesn't crack a land loses you money, the mechanics are pretty basic, an artifact plane that's less than Mirrodin is a complete waste of time, and masterpieces are the epitome of bullshit. Why is everyone obsessed with planeswalkers? It's not like they're new or interesting, we've literally just reached market saturation and started producing garbage ones explicitly for new players. I'm playing magic, a moderately expensive cardboard game, not some korean MMORPG. Why are masterpeices limited playable? That's just a piss off for everyone who didn't crack one.

I hate the art direction, despite some really neat looking things coming out of the set. I hate the lore because it's just so fucking bland and hamfisted. There's no nuance, no subtlety, and it's clearly written by a female young adult writer with absolutely no connection to MtG. I bought two packs from this set and immediately felt like I wasted my money, particularly after how awesome conspiracy 2 was.

Standard players are idiots for spending money on this set and I hate them. Why are they supporting this blatant dishonesty and direct exploitation of their good faith? "Oh look, tezzy's back, but let's ignore him in favor of brown lady planeswalker, some blue guy, and two girls who might kiss."

Fuck off.
>>
>>49644571
In other words she is the first character to display the proper reaction to constantly being around people from different planes of existance whose cultures are all alien to hers, especially given how she was (originally) an elf suprematist who had little to no regards for the other races?
>>
>>49647758
White's only artifact theme is related to equipments, and that's it.
>>
>>49656015
>and it's clearly written by a female young adult writer with absolutely no connection to MtG.
How can you tell? Apart from the lack of connection to Magic, why is that a bad thing?
>>
>>49656459
>constantly being around people from different planes of existance whose cultures are all alien to hers,
But they're not. All the different cultures are pretty much the same. I mean, they dress different and have different ceremonies, but their basic values are identical. Show me one plane where there isn't European-tier gender equality or where gay marriage is so much as controversial, for example. They don't exist. It's a complete monoculture with no diversity. Multiverse my arse.
>>
>>49656677
Who wants to read that drivel, other than teenage young adult females? Just because they want females to play doesn't mean they have to talk about "beefslab gids" or write about chandra's hot lap attracting cats because lulrandom tumblr writing.

Female young adult authors have the least respect for their readers because they know their readers are cretins who will consume schlock uncritically.
>>
>>49645278
>Turn 4 Umalog
get gud scrub
turn 2 or bust
>>
>>49656856
>doesn't mean they have to talk about "beefslab gids"
Shit, is this real? I thought >>49653937 was a joke...
>>
>>49656994
This is unironically real. 110%. Same with the awkward nissaXchandra fanfic tier writing.

Compare that to the applied darwinian evolution to a fabricated plane in Scars. I bet current players can't even pronounce "existential" let alone tell you what it means.
>>
>>49654226
>Phyrexia is in the background
umm this this literally the worst possible thing. Since all the heroes are in the foreground, Phyrexia is free to grow and become more powerful. I wouldn't rule out seeing a Phyrexian planeswalker within the next few sets... one who has been spreading the "Word of Phyrexia" to other planes.
>>
>>49657017
>X-E-Sten-Shall
If they can't pronounce, they need to go back to elementary school
>>
>>49657058
>Phyrexia is free to grow
Phyrexia is contained to a single plane until they figure out that whole "planar portal" thing that Yawgmoth had to invent out of whole cloth.
>I wouldn't rule out seeing a Phyrexian planeswalker
Considering it's been canon for 20 years that the planeswalker spark negates and denies compleation, I would absolutely rule that out.
>>
>>49656522

That's not true at all
>>
>>49643442

Copter Smuggling was a mistake
>>
>>49656856
>>49657017
Rather hypocritical that they would never use objectifying language about women that way.
>>
>>49657276

You don't know that, they might eventually

It just has to come form the perspective of a character with ambiguous morals, that way they can shift responsibility to the fictional character
>>
>>49657121
>denies completion
thank you didn't know that, only got into M:TG about 2 years ago.
...What about Koth? He's still on New Phyrexia as far as we know and could have been caught at this point since it has been at the very least a few months or possibly years have passed since it's fall and I wouldn't put it past Elesh or her followers to experiment on him until the figure out how to replicate the planeswalk ability.
>>
>>49643442
wasn't very fun
>>
>>49657320
>that way they can shift responsibility to the fictional character
Nah, Triumph of Ferocity shows they don't believe in that sort of subtly. They are going to jam their morals in your face. Hence all the tokenism of the last few years.
>>
>>49645820
Being a planeswalker for the most part makes you an autist. There aren't many well adjusted planeswalkers.
>>
>>49649081

I got that as my pre-release promo.
>>
>>49643602
Same here. No interest in the energy mechanics, I'd rather not waste the money.
>>
>>49646036
>>49647229
I thought Garruk got "healed" by the hedron in his skull. He still wants to murderhobo his way through the multiverse?
>>
>>49657526
Yawgmoth spent tens of thousands of years trying to duplicate a spark and couldn't do it. It's not happening. The best Phyrexia could hope for is to probe Venser's body for a way to get off of the plane
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.