[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Litch Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 5.jpg (35KB, 498x815px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
35KB, 498x815px
Litch? lich? nevermind.

i want to have a litch enemy for the next arc of my campaign but i dont know what to do other than army of undead, high level wizard, and phylactery.

What are some cool ideas of Litches? personality or otherwise.

Ive done the Orc Commander trying to rule the nation, next i stepped it up and did the Dark Knight trying to summon an evil patron.
>>
inb4 millennial king
>>
Lich has been playing kingmaker/nation chess for years, and after a certain amount of royal inbreeding, has decided that it's time to "wipe the board clean," so to speak.

You may wish to sprinkle some early republican rhetoric for extra political shenanigans.
>>
>>49631102
It's lich, but yeah, try a lich with a squad of bone golems, or blood golems/slimes.

Try a lich going the whole Emperor Palpatine thing and trying to take over from within using illusion or necromancy to blend in, using undead to take out rivals on the down low.
>>
>>49631102
Liches as omnicidal maniacs, liches as eternal rules, liches as misunderstood good guys, liches as mad scientists...

Lich is more of a style than a statement, but it IS a cool style. I love me a lich.
>>
>>49631102
the lich, when going for his ascension messed up and split his soul and power into the entirety of the undead forces under his domination. at first, he was barely able to direct one or two to move around in the direction he wanted, and the undead generally acted as mindless beasts, but he generally pointed the largest amount he could at one area. this had two effects

1. it let him get and see the world around him and figure out what the hell was going on
2. whenever an undead is killed, the bit of power and soul that was in that one is put into the undead still walking around allowing him to command them better and making them stronger

basically, more undead, weaker they are and less control, to the point that they are just your average skeleton but number in millions (appropriate adjustment based on setting where needed) to a few hundred super mega undead. that he directs with inhuman direction and intellect
>>
It's two liches - a husband and wife (both mages) who so loved each other, they decided to ascend to undeath at the same moment. Centuries have split them apart, but they both secretly pine to be reunited. Their phylacteries are the wedding ring the other wears. The best way to destroy them both would be to bring them back together for some kind of anniversary/wedding celebration (attended by tons of spooky monster, of course).
>>
>>49631102
One of the Dark Knight's side projects to ensure the summoning of their evil patron went awry when the had-been-pawns he had commanding part of the ritual realized that "Oh wait I'LL be here when the evil patron gets here," and immediately scrapped the plan. The Dark Knight was defeated before he learned about it, so his Phylactary was hidden among some of the loot the party has, preferably something they've grown attached to or needed as part of their previous or personal quests.

The Lich is unwilling to let anyone continue to know of what the phylactery is nevermind Where, and so will need the party to politely die or submit to his direct control, but after that his main ambition will be to fuck off into the sunny tropics with some transmutation spells to enjoy the pleasures of living until he gets bored with it. His minions might have other plans.
>Wight that was on board for the Evil Patron Summoning plan, and wants to take the notes from the Lich's spellbooks to start up the process again. Will sell out Lich to party if given means and opportunity.
>Vampire held under Lich's leash, wants out free and is willing to work with Wight as long as the evil patron is summoned on the other side of the world. Is low level/meek aside from vampiric powers and so can actually join the party if they can tolerate such a monster.
>Living Necromancer who is loyal to the Lich as his prized student and apprentice, got uplifted from poverty in return for aiding in a small uprising that facilitated the Evil Patron plan at the time, was discovered to have magical knack.
>>
>>49631102
YEA, SON, LICHES. HERE ARE THREE TYPES OF LICHES - BATSHIT HOMICIDAL, BATSHIT GONZO AND BATSHIT AUTISM. BATSHIT PART IS ALWAYS THERE BECAUSE OF RITUALS OF LICHDOM AND BEING REALLLY FUCKING OLD.
HOMICIDALS ARE JUST ALWAYS ANGRY AND WANT TO DESTROY, MAYBE FOR THE SAKE OF RULING IT ALL. GOOD EXAMPLE IS NAGASH THE ASSHOLE.
GONZO JUST WANTS TO HAVE FUN. MAY OR MAY NOT BE FRIENDLY. HAS VARYING LEVELS OF /d/ IN MIND, e.g. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN "I CAN'T BUILD AND AQUAPARK THAT USES BILE OF MAGIC-SUSTAINED TORTURED OLD MEN INSTEAD OF WATER? ARE YOU FUN POLICE?
AUTISMOS ARE SO BURIED IN THEIR RESEARCH THEY JUST DON'T NOTICE THEY DID SOMEHING WRONG. "DEEP ROT" SKELETON COMPUTER? NICE IDEA. FIRST CANDIDATES TO DEMILICHES.
>>
self bump before I'm off
>>
Have a reverse Dorian Gray Lich with his Phylactery being a painting of himself in perfect health.
As long as the painting remains intact he'll never die or take damage.
>>
>>49631140
Leaping off this idea. Man seized the throne and instilled his son as King, retiring from public life and secretly becoming a lich. He has been carefully managing the Kingdom from the shadows, carefully prodding his family down a path he decided was best.

Now however, after many generations, his family has gone a route he did not wish and the latest King is a holy man who is all for religion making it impossible for Lich to prod the king the right way as the church actually does have protection from the undead. Thus the Lich uses a jealous uncle to carefully arrange a rebellion against the King.

Essentially go War of the Roses, but with a lich behind the York family.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.