[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 48

File: 23.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Mono-color edition

Old thread: >>49622351

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread topic: Who is your favorite mono-color commander?
>>
File: 113542-hr.jpg (114KB, 1020x1420px) Image search: [Google]
113542-hr.jpg
114KB, 1020x1420px
Its a little early to be making a new thread, shit anon. The old one was on page 7, barely over the 300 reply limit, and night time /tg/ slows down incredibly.

>>Who is your favorite mono-color commander?
>>
File: goat-enjoying-sun-16237073.jpg (34KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
goat-enjoying-sun-16237073.jpg
34KB, 400x267px
>tfw resolving an Aether Flash at a table with TWO token decks
Man I sure got some dirty looks that night
>>
I like azamI best, Wizards are just so much fun
>>
File: 115.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
What are some "oh shit!" creatures you love to play? Preferably white (non-angel??)
>>
>>49629880

What does that even mean?
>>
>>49629844
Elesh Norn, Karmic Guide. Not white but Kikki-Jikki
>>
I'm building an inexpensive Alesha deck, what's some spicy tech and what should I keep in mind while building it?
>>
>>49629916
Creatures that you say 'Oh shit!' when you see them hit the board opposite you?
>>
>>49629937
Ebonblade Reaper
Behind the Scenes
Break Through the Line

I too am building a somewhat cheapo Alesha deck that is based around ETB triggers and combat damage effects, it's been fun in testing if a little inconsistent
>>
I'm not going to be needing my magic cards or edh decks very shortly, should I just burn them all or sell them dirt cheap somewhere? I don't really care about money at this point.
>>
>>49629937
>spicy tech

You all niggers are listening to that bearded republican?
>>
>>49629916
I don't know why he wants non angel ones, but usually an "oh shit" creature is one that makes the board take notice. If you cast mulldrifter nobody gives a fuck, if you cast avenger of zendikar people get worried, if you cast avatar of slaughter people will literally start chimping out if they don't have the removal, because the board state has just radically changed.
>>
>>49629970
mail them to me
>>
>>49630006
Nope. I'm not paying money to give someone like 2k worth of cards, particularly someone who lacks finesse when punctuating.
>>
>>49629970
If you're interested in selling I might be in the market for some more cards.
>>
File: Kami of the Crescent Moon_CN2.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Kami of the Crescent Moon_CN2.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>49629817
>>
>>49630032
I'm willing to come pick them up.
>>
>>49630088
Sure. I have some staples, a bunch of fancy fatties, a few fancy things and a metric fuckton of commons. I just need them all gone, I need to get on with my life. I would rather the decks stay together, but Fuck if I know what happens when you get them. It's like 60lbs of cardboard.
>>
File: Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder_TSP.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder_TSP.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>49629765
Easy
>>
>>49630032
>Oh no I didn't punctuate right on 4chan
>all the anons are going to be upset
>Why didn't I just type correctly because it is the only way that someone would ever be able to criticize me.

Shut the fuck up you dumbass cunt. Burn your fucking cards, or go to your LGS and rip them up in front of everyone. Since it will fit your dick ass way of life. Record it, upload it to youtube. I wanna see it faggot.
>>
>>49630126
Oh shit. I just realised you wouldn't live in the same country so it most likely wouldn't be easy shipping, sorry.

I hope you can find someone else though and a FLGS might buy them all off you quickly if you need them gone.
>>
Jesus that last thread went fast.

>>49623656
I don't know if you're still here, but what are your thoughts on combining Enduring Ideal with Hive Mind?
>>
>>49630147
How are you that butthurt about punctuation?
>>
>>49630032
>Punctuation anon is quitting magic.

Thank God, one less shitspewing troll in these threads.

What kind of curve is everyone running? I recently cut deadeye navigator from a list just because you have to put in 8 mana before it does anything, and some people think the card is good enough to be ban worthy. I think the only 8 drop in my deck is Insurrection, which pretty much wins the game if it resolves. What cost cards do you run if they don't win the game for you on the spot?
9? 8? 7? Lower?
>>
File: 218[1].jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
218[1].jpg
60KB, 312x445px
I want to hurt my opponents. Who's a more fun commander for doing that, Anya or Hidetsugu?

I'm worried Hidetsugu will result in combo kills too often
>>
what is a good blue white green commander?
>>
>>49630270

Rafiq, room, Derevi, and angus Mckenzie are all pretty strong

Rubinia and jenara seem playable
>>
>>49630270
Literally everything, I think Bant is the only colors where every legend is playable in some form.
>>
>>49630214
Are you? You sure seem to be, since it comes up all the time whenever you see a sentence that doesn't end with a punctuation mark.
>>
>>49630314
So, to bother /tg/ you just have to talk about punctuation? Neat.
>>
>>49630270
Play Derevi with Winter Orb.
>>
is Legendary Creature a good commander?
>>
>>49630353
Only in certain deck.
>>
File: mtgcom_daily_mr11b_pic1_en.jpg (26KB, 242x335px) Image search: [Google]
mtgcom_daily_mr11b_pic1_en.jpg
26KB, 242x335px
>>49630353
sure
>>
>>49630342

Can't you just do the same thing with voltaic key?

Let winter orb ice everybody's lands but tap it just before you untap?
>>
>>49630311
Arcades and Treva are pretty ass tier.
>>
>>49630353
Depends if you run magical christmasland or not.
>>
>>49630366
But Derevi is a Commander who does it. So she's cool.
>>
>>49630379

Very cool

I was just curious
>>
>>49630402
Plus she has some other combos that fuck everyone over. Basically anything that stops things untapping is a combo with her.
>>
>>49630311
Temur and Abzan, special mention to Sultai
>>
>>49630363
>>49630364
>>49630375
>tfw copied the wrong thing

is Dragonlord Dromoka a good commander?
>>
>>49630424

Daghatar being playable is a bit of a reach
>>
>>49630434
Not really. Might be okay, but in general Trostani is better, and Kametra can do neat things too. Use what you've got, but be mindful of the future.
>>
>>49630434
Sure, but there's always better ones in colours. Depends on what do you want to do, really. Sometimes I'd rather run Grand Abolisher.
>>
Against my better judgement (and now that I know more about deckbuilding), I'm reassembling Shu Yun. Pray for me.
>>
>>49630363
What if I want to run Legendary Creature in other deck?
>>
>>49630509
Terrible even if you have fun and because reason.
>>
Should I try to convince my casual group to let me play Richard Garfield, PHD?
>>
How are Mina and Denn? I pulled them in a draft and they look... OK, if a little lackluster.
>>
>>49630544
I like using them in the 99 for ANGRY OMNATH
>>
File: IMG_2506.jpg (45KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2506.jpg
45KB, 223x310px
post fun
>>
>>49629817
Baru, Fist of Krosa. Nothing apeals to my inner Timmy quite like giving all my creatures +15/+15 and trample.
>>
File: Jalira.png (135KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Jalira.png
135KB, 223x310px
>>49629765
Shit can get stupid real quick.
>>
I cannot stop building with red. Someone please help me.
>>
File: Rashmi.png (138KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
Rashmi.png
138KB, 200x279px
I already know the fancy shit you can do with her.

So what are some win-cons with this brown cow?

I'm currently running Palinchron/Deadeye Navigator and the Time Walk infinite loop because none of my other decks have room for them and I have no idea what else you do to win in Simic.
>>
>>49630270
Roon if you don't plan on attacking with creatures but want to use them.

Derevi if you hate your meta as much as it hates you.

Angus if you have cash money and planeswalkers

Rubinia if you want to play a specific archetype for the colors.
>>
File: 26[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px)
26[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
Just found this card. Better Story Circle? I'll take it.
>>
>>49630738
Only good if you have something that produces any color of mana
>>
>>49630738
>Not just running Forcefield
>>
File: progenitus.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
progenitus.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
I've always really loved this card and apocalypse hydra and I'm curious if anyone has any spicy tech to having him be an enjoyable commander experience. Should I just make it a five color cheat big shit out deck or do something else with it I've never attempted a five color before.
>>
>>49630939
You'd have better luck putting him in the 99.
>>
>>49630537
No.
>>
Can anyone post the screen capture of "leaked" 4color commanders
>>
>>49630032
If you want to keep your decks together instead of selling card by card then I'm happy to buy a full deck or two, depending on the commander.
>>
So I want to build an Abzan enchantress deck.

Which commander should I use for the deck?
>>
Howdy Folks, I have a question.

I really love the colors in mardu and want to build a new comander deck from scratch using mardu but idk what comander to play. I own Kaalia, Zurgo, Oros, and Tariel. I wouldn't mind picking up Alesha or the new Marchesa.

I kinda want to play Kaalia( bought her last december with my christmas money for $35 bucks) but I'm not a good/cut throat enough player to really get to play her more than once and I don't want to drop a bunch of money on the deck for a rare game. I also play super casual either with my friends borrowing my decks (no one will build their own) or random games with other casuals I meet randomly.

Queen Marchesa seem right up my alley with pillowfort/stax but I think I want something radically different from my current decks.

Zurgo.dec seems super linear but really fun for a few games and would definitely shake things up at my tables. i guess i could give him assault suit and do weird politics.

Alesha is odd. I've never done hardcore reanimator but idk about the 2 power clause. Seems to have many of the same pitfalls as boros weenies.

Oros/Tariel don't seem build around enough to be anything other than utility creatures for other decks.

I don't now what i want to do but i do know i want to play mardu.

My budget is about $30/month on magic so I'd like to keep it on the cheaper end so I don't sit on a quarter/half a deck like I've done with Kaalia.

Most of my collection is RTR/Theros Block

My other decks include: DURDLY TURTLES
Derevi Tap Shenanigans
Oloro life durdle
Nekusar.dec

Thank you for the help.
>>
>>49628928 #
I hate it when people don't know how to pilot their own decks or know how their own combos work.

>guy gets a shit eating grin on his face as he slams down Mike & Trike.
>"does everyone concede?"
>everybody groans
>i ask him to walk me through the combo, as that only seems fair
>he stares at his cards for five minutes
>"hmmm, I guess I need a sac outlet"
>the game continues as we quietly chuckle
>>
>>49631058
Have they been leaked yet?
>>
>>49631058
I doubt they're real.
>>
>>49631103
Holy shit I never knew about that combo I knew what it was after reading. How stupid is this guy normally?
>>
Has anyone put any vehicles on their decks?

I've been considering the mythic one or the one that loots.
>>
I have an ethical dilemma /tg/.

Last weekend at my local commander group, a player took what he called "optimal" a little too far IMO, and I would like some opinions on the issue.

We have a table with titania, uyo, Anafenza the foremost, skullbriar, and sharuum. Titania gets a slow start and plays his commander on curve, but it gets taken by uyo using desertion. We do another round of turns around the table before titania says "if nobody kills my commander, I'm giving uyo the game. " We do another round of turns on the table before uyo plays a flip jace and backs it up with a walk the aeons. The anafenza player then uses a path to exile on the jace to top uyo from going off.

Here is where things get ridiculous. Titania generates a bunch of mana, then copies acidic slime five times, then loops strip mine twice, utterly destroying anafenza's mana and effectively removing him from the game. When he was questioned about this sudden turn of spiteful aggression, the titania player simply said "he had path and didn't use it to hit titania earlier." The titania player then starts giving uyo a shitload of free elemental tokens and uyo crushes the game by taking extra turns.

We then had a strange and sour philosophical discussion that went in the circle of "you can't force me to play removal on the targets you want" into "You can't force me to choose not to destroy your lands."

Is spiteful politics going too far? What should a player do when they have a nuclear threat and a reason to use it?
>>
>>49631155

I think the two you mentioned and the mana rock one are the most likely edh playable ones but the problem is I don't currently have a deck that can really crew a vehicle reliably, I would need something with more random bears and aggro creatures
>>
>>49631155
They are all awful. I cant see them being played for anything other than a joke.
>>
>>49631088
Oh yeah. I don't have any decklist for my other decks but mardu cards i think are something i might want to use and I have are.

Assemble the Legion
Mardu Ascendency
Cackling Doom
Nahiri the Harbinger (foil)
Aurelia
Tajiic
Elspeth, Suns champion
Master of cruelties
Sun Titan
Rakdos/Boros Charm
Karmic Guide
Reveillark
Mother of runes

That's probably not too helpful.
>>
>>49631075
Ghave to chump things until you get your board working?
Doran to slow down aggro?
Anafenza if reanimator is a problem in your meta?
I really don't know about Abzan since nothing lends itself directly to enchantress, but BW Daxos is solid.
>>
>>49631170
Is Titania that dude's fucking waifu for laifu or what
>>
>>49631209
My theory is, if GW enchantress is so good (which I made a SIgarda and Jenara deck before), why not add Black and get all the amazing enchants it has to offer? Heck I could even reanimate some of the enchantresses a lot easier with Black bring backs after people think they've gotten rid of them.
>>
>>49631187
What about the ones mentioned? They don't seem so bad.
>>
>>49631255
Nope. The dude just forgot to get a homeward path for his deck and apparently didn't draw any way to interact with the uyo player as long as he held titania.
>>
>>49631257
>Heck I could even reanimate some of the enchantresses a lot easier with Black bring backs after people think they've gotten rid of them.
In that case you could go Teneb or Karador to cut down on recursion slots, and use black mainly for tutors.
>>
So i moved away from both of my playgroups and started playing online, and i want to keep my decks casual and fair because my rl decks are kind of bs. But i just end up getting destroyed, is there a fair causal commander that can hold its own? Currently have hazezon and karametra.
>>
>>49631170
That's just petty politics, the Titania player should be embarrassed. He didn't play the game to win, or stay alive, just wanted to mess with everyone else. Complete dick.
>>
>>49631170
It can be very annoying playing a team game that no one else is in on (which is essentially what happened, I still don't know why he targeted someone other than the guy who took his general, he does realize if he kills the player she will go back to the command zone right?). I would say nobody did anything wrong, but if you guys want a change of pace to stop the salt from flowing try out some team based formats (2HG, star, emperor, for 4, 5, and 6 players).

I don't put too much stock into politics because people can lie to you, or you have people holding grudges from game to game. I don't know what kind of table talk you were involved in to let it go that far. That being said posting about this was pointless if the titania player won, then this was just the optimal play
>>
>>49631257

Enchantress isn't worth playing without green and white so I think you're on the right track

A lot of great enchantments deal with tokens so I could see a sweet ghave enchantress deck working well, if your meta called for it you could even slot in some combo pieces that are enchantments like Earthcraft and doubling season

Good enchantments that deal with tokens

Awakening zone/4 mana bfz version
Bitterblossom
Cathar's crusade
Saproling burst
Doubling season
Parallel lives
Honden life's web (could run the other two as well, the white is pretty weak but the black one is decent)
Intangible virtue
>>
>>49631314
I used to play Selvelva ramp just to drop fatties or a huge genesis wave and it was pretty cheap online maybe $30-50 and pretty powerful, but also just fun and you can easily play to the power you want.
>>
>>49631314
You are running amulet of vigor in Karametra, right?
>>
>>49631075
Ghave works well with a lot of enchantments (oath of the ancient wood, doubling season, cathars' crusade, harden scales... the list goes on) but personally I like the idea of Anafenza at the helm instead. Bonus points if you run evershrike and rancor.
>>
>>49631269
Reread what I said. They are all awful.
Compare those two to inferno Titan or flip jace. They are worse already, and that's not even factoring in the fact that the other two don't need to be crewed.

They are seriously all bad, in an eternal format like this there are too many good cards to even consider them.
>>
>>49631472
King Macar would like a word with you.
>>
>>49631042
Awww dang I do want him to be the helm sometime. Should Child of Alara be more at the helm or another 5 color?
>>
>>49630115

This was passed all the way to the end at my conspiracy draft. Its a legitimate threat seeing how deck out is a real danger in those games
>>
>>49631472
Smugglers copter has a niche in decks that desperately need good-rate looting, but also have tokens. Mono-white and mono-red for example. Cultivator's caravan is a mana rock of an average rate that has a place in a deck that needs a 5/5 on demand for some reason. Those two have plausible niches in non-CEDH. Most of the decks posted here aren't viable in CEDH, so it's a notable exception.
>>
File: decks.png (3MB, 1344x2867px) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
3MB, 1344x2867px
I've just retired my 15th deck. I just don't know where I'm going now.

The current remaining lineup:
Borborygmos Enraged Combo / Land Shenanigans
5 Color Zada
Tasigur Reanimator (building)
Norin ETB abuse (building) (mostly chaos-free)

What have I missed? I'm considering Rith Tokens (I've built it before, and I did enjoy it quite a bit), but I'm trying to see what other fun I may have missed out on. What's your go-to fun deck?

Pic related, it's everything I've ever built.
>>
>>49631539
The problem with Progenitus as the commander is that hard cast and Command Beacon are your only ways to get him into play. Child is probably the best 5 color commander because it's a control engine by itself. It will buy you time to churn lands out of your library and set up your cheat into play effects for Blightsteel/Progenitus/etc. If you want to go rogue then Reaper King is better than people realize and gets a ton of style points.
>>
>>49631543
>deck out is a real danger in those games

>draft CN2 twice
>first game nobody votes, nobody becomes monarch, nothing interesting happens
>second game picked off first while everyone ignored the guy with Weight Advantage and all the 0/4s
>nobody wanted to play a second game
still mad
>>
File: Progenitus_LEG.jpg (64KB, 312x445px)
Progenitus_LEG.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>49630939
Have you seen the other art? This one looks like it copied the foil wrong, check it out if you haven't seen it though
>>
>>49630402

Hokori dust drinker, winter/static orb, opposition, glare of subdual, dismiss into dreams, lux cannon. Derevi is tons o fun. Dropping a fat Mikeaus wall is not bad as well since he's there to draw aggro away from other threats while able to go off on derevi at any time. Freed from the Real is an alt activator for your tap effects but umbral mantle can jump around.
>>
>>49631611
>literally hit people with Mountains until they die
That's kinda funny

Seriously though it looks like your decks were either extremely weak (Shu, Ulasht, Intet), extremely one-dimensional (Rakdos, Sigarda, Sydri, Sidisi), or both (Kresh, Melek, Merieke)

It looks like you finally found some unique commanders up top there. Keep experimenting until you find something you like, I guess. It took me a few tries to find my first favorite commander, and another 3 attempts to find the right commander for my mono black deck.
>>
>>49631616

I was monarch the whole time during my draft. I eventually dropped the splitting slime and made 4 tokens each turn. I died to unblockable damage. We did a kaladesh draft with loose packs afer that, got a greenhulk, foil bluehulk, chandra, fucking scroll rack from a mere 11 packs.
>>
>>49631170
This pisses me off. Why? Why wouldn't they play the game objectively with winning in mind? "Politics" isn't political, it's just a circlejerk were lesser players enable each other.

I've had situations where players pull similar bullshit, and I'm a spiteful asshole about it. I have an Uril mld deck that can consistently murder people t4 or 5, but I usually leave in my box because it's... interesting. 1v1 it's okayish, but in multiplayer it's almost unstoppable for the first kill or two if someone disrupts anything the other players set up. Whenever someone pulls some shady shenanigans, I bust out Uril and insta-gib them before they can do anything about it.

The problem with this deck is that once I murder someone on a very fast curve, I become the archenemy and wind up getting shit on because I sold out. Ordinarily that would be a problem, because I like winning, but after that kind of nonsense, I'll bust out Uril again, and again, and again. If two players are conspiring, I'll just calmly assess who was the bigger dick, and alternate who I blow out at the very beginning. After 5 or 6 games like that people will generally get the hint.

Alternatively, I just play Memnarch like I normally would, and instead of dividing the pain through quality threat assessment, I just steal one player's lands, rocks, and whatever they play, then hit them with it. I had a player ragequit when I stole his Xenagos, used it to buff my blightsteel, and trampled over his Deus of Calamity.
>>
File: Visara the Dreadful_LEG.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Visara the Dreadful_LEG.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
EDH bucket list?

I want to build 5 different decks around the pit fighters( arcanis, silvos, jareth, rorix, or visara) and have a grand coliseum battle
>>
>>49631611
>>49631722
>What's your go-to fun deck?
Oh yeah, I forgot to answer the question. I have a control deck and a storm/combo deck, but it's my mono black deck that I like playing the most. The only three things it does is ramp, draw, and reanimate demons. I used to play some stax cards in there but took them out in favor of more demons.

Demons are pretty cool.
>>
>>49631573
You are full of shit if you think that smugglers copter is a good looter in edh, the same thing that makes it strong in faster formats makes it shit in edh. It HAS to attack or block to loot, people have large flying blockers in this format on the regular, and drawing it past turn 5 makes the card dead, if you REALLY needed to loot this guy is worse than probably every tap to loot effect.
The fact that you can't even come up with a situation that the mana rock one is good speaks volumes.

>>49631522
You are an intelligent and cool negro, and providing a tap outlet is the only useful things the cars do.
>>
>>49631793
I want to build a 5 colour deck with every Praetor and all the Eldrazi Titans. In my magical christmasland, the commander would be a 5C devoid legendary Eldrazi with a hilarious toolbox ability.

On the other hand, I've wanted to build Jund goodstuff for a long LONG time, but I can't find a general worth playing that isn't prosh.
>>
>>49631758
Why are you assuming the titania player didn't win? He didn't say who did, and honestly if I could blow up 7 lands, "sharing the love" would be the worst way to do it if I wanted to win, I would neuter one player instead.

We need more information about the game to form a reasonable opinion.
>>
>>49631170
Spite plays have their purpose but that one seems misguided. If Titania is able to make 5 Acidic Slimes than he obviously has a lot going on, even if he's lost his waifu for the time being. If he had framed his ultimatum as an offer there's a pretty good chance someone would have given him the waifu in exchange for directing the Slimes at the other players. With a bit better maneuvering he might have been able to set up a destroy the lands/wrath the tokens one/two punch.
>>
File: Xira Arien_CH.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Xira Arien_CH.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>49631863

>On the other hand, I've wanted to build Jund goodstuff for a long LONG time, but I can't find a general worth playing that isn't prosh.

"Aah, you were at my side all along."
>>
>>49631798
I agree with you on Copter, but the mana rock has a very low opportunity cost and it lets you smack people up after a wrath.
>>
>>49631875
I agree with your assessment, although it has little to do with what I said.

Specifically what pissed me off was the idea of another player forcing someone to do something so they wouldn't retaliate. With nuclear weapons, it's a fine strategy. In a cardboard game for children, that shit don't fly. I'm here to have fun, and those kind of interactions create bad enough feelings that I made a deck specifically to make them feel bad.

I don't give a shit if you locked down the board and pinged everyone to death with Deveri, or if someone nuked everyone's lands while they have a bunch of rocks up. What I HATE is when two players turn a game into 2v1v1. Of course the 2 is going to win first. If they really want to play with eachother, why not set up a separate game? This homo-enabling bullshit is awful and more unfun than a t2 black braids.
>>
>>49631875
>Why are you assuming the titania player didn't win? He didn't say who did
>>49631170
> and uyo crushes the game by taking extra turns.
Maybe things are different where you're from, but where I'm from, "crushing the game" is synonymous with winning.
>>
really weird question but does anyone know of a card in U/B to use against Legacy Weapon?

I want to fuck with one of my friends.
>>
>>49631875
>He didn't say who did
I'm not sure what other conclusion you could draw from "The titania player then starts giving uyo a shitload of free elemental tokens and uyo crushes the game by taking extra turns."
>>
>>49631963
Void Shatter?
>>
>>49631946
I thought about building her. I even researched some nifty combos that could use her to win the game, but in the end I decided that her effect is just... underwhelming.

While an extra draw might be nice, I can't justify the cost when sign in blood is the same CMC but easier devotion. Also, I'm a poorfag, so I can't really afford the manabase to cast her t3 consistently.
>>
>>49631722
Fair points. Although I did revisit Ulasht recently and gave it all the toys it needed to get out of hand quickly. I found myself in a strong position every game, and after 10-15 test games, I had yet to lose with the deck. I took it apart to lay it to rest while I still had such a positive streak with it - the original rendition was leagues behind the new version in power level, so getting to see my old dream of a powerful Ulasht realized was...oddly fulfilling.

But of course, now I'm moving on. Hopefully I can find something to love in the tokens department, I've been searching high and low for that sort of deck for a while now.
>>
>>49632009
>Also, I'm a poorfag
Shattergang?
>>
>>49631963
>U/B
Why, only 10 million. How does he get legacy weapon out? Does he tutor it with kuldotha forgemaster or something, or does he manually draw his deck until he gets it?

Either way, stain the mind, sadistic sacrament, and Lost Legacy sound up your alley.
>>
>>49631170
That Titania player is a complete cunt. Politics don't work like that. I guess he did ask the table to kill Titania ahead of time, but still, you don't punish somebody for stopping a combo from going off. If Anafenza path'd titania, he would've wasted a card to make a friend. Not a good play. The discussion that followed shouldn't have been "You can't force me to X/Y", rather "That was a dick move, and I don't understand why you'd do that"

Kingmakers are betacucks and I guarantee nobody at that table will ever want to play against Titania again, not even Uyo.
>>
>>49631949
How does it let you smack people up after a wrath? You need a creature to pilot it, so why aren't you just attacking with that creature? If anything after a wrath is when you rebuild your board state, cast your commander again, etc. That all takes mana, so you would probably be tapping it for that instead (so coalition relic is better)

If you don't have enough gas to rebuild, you would be better off with commanders sphere.

The other 3 mana rocks are just way too good compared to this.
>>
>>49632009
It can't be that bad, evolving wilds, terramorphic, command tower, three vivids, gates and misc taplands, cultivate/kodamas reach effects. Signets/etc.
I mean sure maybe it would be t4 sometimes, but let's be real, she's mainly flavor and for fun, an extra card or so is just nice on the side. At least this way you don't need to build around her, just use her as the figurehead of the deck
>>
>>49632055
>Lost Legacy
i have one of these sitting in my binder i never even considered it.

thanks man
>>
>>49632077
Any time anon. I do the same thing to my friend's Aetherling.
>>
>>49632056
If I was Uyo I would start stealing Titania every chance I got after that since it worked out so well for me the first time.

>>49632062
>Play creature, crew
>Activate planeswalker, crew
>Recast commander, crew
Is it really that hard to figure out?
>>
>>49631614
Oh man that does sound pretty nice to go rogue. I do have a Reaper King at the ready. I wasn't sure if I should go for that because it seems more like a changeling/scarecrow tribal but maybe building a 5 color deck with that and some elements of both 5 color fuckery and having plenty of scarecrows would be good for the season of spook.

>>49631670
Oh damn I might have to get one of those. I'm really conflicted about the art of both though but hot damn it's nice that they gave him some love like that.
>>
>>49632046
>Shattergang
I thought about this, but I mostly want to build a goodstuff deck, so I'm not sure he'll enable my shenanagains.

Actually, I don't really want to build a goodstuff deck. I want to build a Golgari deck with Gruul support. Think Xenagos, Kalonian Hydra and Corpsejack Menace out at the same time kind of deal, with all sorts of reanimator and elvish piper shenanagains. Maybe even the ol' buried alive targeting sire of insanity, vorniclex and brawn, into victimize. I'll never build it because it requires the right set up, but a man can dream, can't he?

>>49632072
You make a good point. I run a very cheap and very efficent green basic land ramp package in any of my G/x/x decks. I could just build my fancy nonsense and use her as a super neat flavour commander and stylish lategame hand-saver.

You know what, I might come around and actually slap this thing together.
>>
>>49631957

The situation wasn't collusion. The situation was that titania wanted his commander back, but didn't have a way to do so quickly, so he made an ultimatum to the table. Not considering the titania, the only players in a position to win were uyo, followed by anafenza as a distant second. The situation is more like kingmaker. Anafenza had no intention of helping titania, but titania was in the third effectively.
>>
>>49631958
>>49631966
Shit, guess I'm retarded.
Yeah dick move to straight up give tokens to the other guy. (Why did he team up with the guy that took his general in the first place?)

That should be what people are mad about though, not hobbling the other guys mana base. That feels like a non issue compared to giving the guy tokens to kill people with
>>
>>49632126
There are some pretty awesome alternate arts for commanders. Some notable ones are: tromokratis, glissa, progenitus, arcanis, visara, sharuum, dromoka (the eternal), malfegor, etc
>>
>>49631611
hey 5 color Zada guy, here's my theorycraft for a 5 color Zada.
Got any tips or cards I'm missing? Any glaring errors?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/5-colour-zadatazri/
>>
>>49632126
If you do Reaper King then go deep on blink and clone effects. There are only a few EDH playable changelings and scarecrows, so you'll need to get a lot of mileage out of them.

>>49632141
>I want to build a Golgari deck with Gruul support
That sounds like something you could do with Shattergang. Repeatedly crack sad robots and Wood Elves into late game threats. I can't think of a better commander for that strategy offhand other than maybe Prossh to give you sac fodder.
>>
File: Gonti, Lord of Luxury_KLD.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gonti, Lord of Luxury_KLD.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
So I didn't realize you can still cast the cards exiled with gonti after he gets removed. That's actually pretty cool, maybe be would be fun to build around?
>>
>>49632111
>Not having haste creatures or leaving a blocker open for those with haste creatures
>Not having so many cards in hand that you need every drop of mana you can get

Seems even more niche than you are letting on.
>>
>>49632151
I thought kingmaker was analogous for collusion, but I guess it was just the dynamic of the table in that situation. Either way, I don't like it. Within your own power, you should have the ability to do everything you need. Acting like a dick because you didn't get your way isn't quite worthy of dedicated Uril levels of hate, but it certainly deserves a firm slap. Perhaps he'd be worthy of a Memnarch beatdown, and he might straighten out his nonsense, but that shit is just obnoxious, particularly all the tokens just being given to Uyo.

Then again, I'm usually on the other end of kingmaker shenanigans, where I could possibly maybe win, until someone helps out another player, so I may be more sensitive than the average person.
>>
File: worried joker.png (86KB, 150x239px) Image search: [Google]
worried joker.png
86KB, 150x239px
>finally get my mates at my hometown to make EDH-decks
>3 of them makes simic
>>
>>49632237
Please tell me at least one of them is kraj
>>
>>49632141
The way to build Xira Arien isn't to play her t3 and start drawing cards. That's how she dies from a damn lightning bolt or something. What you need to do is grind everyone down with Jund card advantage and good shit and then play her when everyone is worn down to the bone and then you draw into entomb or something and win the game with reanimation.
>>
>>49632201
Have you played Shattergang? You're right, Mazirek and my cantrips artifacts would love this guy, but the only Shattergang decks I've played were shitty durdle control things with tutored combos, and that just doesn't jive with my playstyle.

If I do throw him together, any tips to avoid going insane? Uril involved 6 months of sorting through cards and almost a full week of deck building.
>>
File: worried respawner.png (97KB, 270x272px) Image search: [Google]
worried respawner.png
97KB, 270x272px
>>49632266
2 Rahsmi and 1 Kruphix IIRC
>>
File: leoninsunstandard.jpg (69KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
leoninsunstandard.jpg
69KB, 480x680px
Hey does anyone have any experience with this? I just learned about it recently am I am wondering why I have never heard anyone talk about it. It seems super good for token decks.
>>
>>49632276
Oh, I getcha. I have a pretty mean black control setup in my Mazirek, I could theoretically throw that together, but it's still a good distance away from my magical christmasland dream deck, which I think is basically Kresh with indestructible or hexproof.
>>
>>49632301
Sneaky, I like it.
>>
>>49632174
Currently my wincons involve drawing cards or hitting big buffs like Increasing Savagery or Strength in Numbers.

Strong token producers like Talrand, Young Peezy, and Monastery Mentor are must-haves - stack the triggers off Zada so you get an extra token / spell copy, and also build your token advantage gradually. Also, cards to reanimate Zada or alternatives such as Mirrorwing Dragon and Inktreader are also viable. However, expect your Zada to be countered, killed, exiled, and generally fucked in the ass.

A scary combo is to play cards like Life//Death or Rude Awakening, and combo off with Jeskai Ascendancy. Cast a cantrip, untap your lands...rinse and repeat, and play your Lab Maniac. Easy Combo.

Throwing a Psychosis Crawler does the same thing, but allows you to avoid the blowout of losing Lab Man (or god forbid, him being the last card in the deck).

I find haste cantrips are not as strong, but all the wisps except the white one are strong (the blue one exceptionally so, combos with the Land animation effects just as strongly as Jeskai Ascendancy).

Also, where the hell is your Isochron Scepter? Getting an Enlightened Tutor or Mystical Tutor under that is doomsday-tier strong in this deck.

Also, get your ass a Reliquary Tower.
>>
>>49632301
I've been playing with it since my first Magic game. I love it so much and everyone always forgets about it.
>>
>>49632225
>Acting like a dick because you didn't get your way isn't quite worthy of dedicated Uril levels of hate, but it certainly deserves a firm slap. Perhaps he'd be worthy of a Memnarch beatdown, and he might straighten out his nonsense,

Just stop. You're no better than titania if you think you're appointed as a paternal punishment figure. It's passive-aggressive if it works, it doesn't prove that the lesson you're trying to teach is justified, and it makes you look like an idiot if you fail to take them out. Might-makes-right also just encourages the other jerk to just turn around and bring in a more powerful deck than yours. Normally, the person that feels the need to go on a stupid power trip after losing a game is being petty and should be called out, but in this situation, you couldn't call them out because you just did the exact same thing to them.
>>
>>49632280
I haven't played them, but I've looked into building them. I would normally say look at the MTGS primer, but it's stax oriented. Maren and Daretti lists are probably going to be instructive since they'll contain most of the ETB dorks and artifacts that you'll want to be sacrificing. I would also run Seedborn Muse and maybe even Patron of the Orochi so to feed the activation costs. Thran Turbine is obscure tech for activated ability generals, but IDK if it's good enough.

>>49632301
It's fine, but you can only run so much mass pump.
>>
>>49632174
>>49632335
In addition to my recommendations, I'd like to add:
Possibility Storm - the first spell cast will replicate before searching for the next one. Get a free cast and trigger off each spell.

Strionic Resonator: Doubles Zada triggers

Sunforger: Downright broken in this deck.

Also, my decklist (warning, in no way is this optimized or particularly good. However, I have only ever won or lost with it by my own volition - either I deck myself and lose, or deck myself and win (or the rare combat damage win)).

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/secret-zada-1/
>>
>>49632374
You do realize people play with strangers, right?

I play EDH at my flgs and the community is normally top notch, even if the decks aren't always optimally tuned. My personal pet deck is an incredibly janky Lord Tresserhorn zombie tribal that wins 1 in 5 games hilariously, but almost always loses.

We used to have a big problem with spikes showing up and generally acting like circle-jerking mongoloids, trying to create some sort of tribal hierarchy where they colluded to win tournaments for an arbitrary number of free packs. As a result, a few regulars at the shop started bringing decks far more tuned than our meta would expect, and only brought these decks out specifically if someone asks, or if someone pulls some political kingmaking bullshit.

We tried talking to these type of idiots, and their response is usually "Why don't you just get better and beat us both?" or "there's nothing in the rules against it, stop being mad". Worse than that, their attitude is contagious with new players. You have to show them their actions have consequences or they'll just continue jerking themselves off. A store in my area recently closed down after being infested with these jackasses, who actively stole from other players, and obliterated the community.

If you don't have to prepare for people like that, consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>49630661
I thought Time Walk was banned in commander...
>>
>>49631798
Such aggression for vehicles.

Your opinion is very weak.
>>
>>49631798
copter performs well in junk decks with dredge cards after playtesting
>>
>>49631793
I fucking love your style, anon. Also didn't realize Visara got the FTV treatment, neato.
>>
>>49632639
These threads are inhabited by a couple individuals who take a vitrolic tone with anyone and anything they don't like.

You can start to pick them out if you stay here long enough.
>>
>>49632639
Put your money where your mouth is and show us a deck list that isn't macar where any vehicle is good. Literally any of them. I will eat crow and say I am full of shit if I cannot come up with a card that is better in that slot instead of the vehicle.
>>
>>49631758
The titania player wasn't using politics, they just hit the nuke button like an angry child.

But honestly you sound just as childish by purposely trolling a game for a single player if they do something "shady" which is usually just code for "does something I don't like (read: kills me)".
>>
>>49632686
Bosh.

>cast vehicle
>tap relevant number of goblins
>fling said vehicle at your opponent for extra juice on the attack
>recur the vehicle with any of the monobrown artifact goodstuff in that type of deck
>repeat until your opponent is dead

Let's see you eat that crow. I expect a high quality stream.
>>
>>49632055
>>49632077
>Lost Legacy
>an answer to Legacy Weapon

Did neither of you read the first line of the card?
>>
>>49632714
Nope, can't say I did. I just googled cards like sadistic sacrament trying to remember Cranial Extraction and it popped up.
>>
>>49632714
oops. no.

spoilers. i traded it and forgot. wish i remembered what i got for it but probably something neato.
>>
>>49631573
What is CEDH?
>>
>>49629970
I have been wanting to get into edh for a while now. I would love to buy them off of you or reimburse you to ship them if that is alright. Where would you be shipping from?
>>
>>49632172
I remember dromoka I think but I need to check the sharuum out for sure thanks much yo
>>
>>49631734
Jesus, those were some nice pulls!
>>
>>49632710
See this is why I want an actual list. You have a finite number of cards in a deck and I was going to prove there was always a better card. But instead you do this stupid shit. So I am just going to name a card bosh should run that's better than anything you mentioned.

Goblin Welder.
>>
>>49632747
>>49632738
Ah well. Knowing is half the battle etc.

It would've been an amazing stroke of luck if Lost Legacy didn't have that nonartifact clause though, given the card you wanted to fuck over, by name alone.
>>
>>49632017
Do you have your Ulasht decklist anywhere?
>>
>>49632802
good idea, bro
clearly him playing a vehicle in his deck means he's not playing one of the best cards in the game
>>
>>49632802
>anon doesn't want to eat a crow, so he desperately backpedals
Look, I understand that you're wrong and have to eat a bird, but seriously, you're retarded if you don't get a boner over throwing the Skyship again and again with Bosh to quickly kill someone.

Objectively, it's a smart card to put in there.

Subjectively, you can argue about whatever your opinion is all you want, you still have to eat a bird.
>>
I bought the green/black commander deck (Plunder the Graves), any easy improvements to the deck? It looks pretty solid to me at first glance, though I was considering replacing a couple of the higher mana cost creatures with salavge golgari cards.
>>
>>49632802
But that's going to be completely subjective. You can just say, "card X would be good instead because I said so! Case closed!" You're proving nothing and just sounding like a cunt.
>>
>>49632860
That's the Meren precon, right?

You can upgrade it very easily with basically anything you want, but a few pointers:
>don't fall for the self-mill trap. Cards will get put into the yard through the course of playing the game. Deadbridge Chant is fine, Entombed/Buried Alive is fine, but Grisly Salvage and all those SoI cards are really overrated.
>if you build tutors and reanimator.dek, people will hate on you for being generic
>pick one part of the deck you like and try to improve it, you can go in a lot of directions, so narrow your focus
>edicts are your friend, get as many as you can
>play this deck in your playgroup BEFORE upgrading it so you know whether you're going to blow people out of the water or not, as well as the deck's strengths/weakness. From there, it's easier to improve.
>>
>>49632860
Here's the trick: If you're playing Meren people will assume you're playing a very powerful deck and will target you. Therefore, you should build your deck to be powerful enough to survive being ganged up on.
Also you should play all the Grave Pact abilities (Grave Pact, Dictate of Erebos, sometimes Butcher of Malakir)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
So I just played a game with some random people. It started out well, we were all talking and joking around, having a good time. This continued for a while until I attempt to start closing out the game with a double striking Gisela on the board swinging at one of the guys. He saves himself from death by saccing Kokusho. I say something about forgetting about that darn Kokusho, and he suddenly yells at me to eat shit for running Gisela.

Awkward, but maybe he's joking still. He starts doing everything in his power to suicide kill me, it doesn't work so he concedes all of a sudden telling the other guy good game, but telling me to go to hell. The other guy and I are just kind of dumbfounded as I end the game.

This happens every now and then and I'm always so confused when it happens. It started so well.
>>
>>49632813
>>49632835
I don't see how it's backpedaling, I literally asked for a list in the post that he responded to. You are just being retarded.

>>49632890
Outside of mind slaver shenanigans, some cards really are objectively better than others. If I can't prove that I'll go suck an 80ft long dick or whatever. I genuinely believe they really are that bad as cards in edh. The only times I think they are good is with tap shenanigans like inspired and the shadowmoor untappers.
>>
File: ur204_krenko.jpg (114KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
ur204_krenko.jpg
114KB, 620x453px
>>49629765

My first true love in magic. I wanted an EDH deck with him before I even know EDH existed.
>>
>>49633018
the mana rock is a mana rock and the chopper is alright in decks that want looting but don't have it (for example, maverick decks)
I agree that the other vehicles are not very good
>>
>>49632961
Those grave pact cards look like great additions, thank you!

>>49632900
Sounds good, what would be a few nice cards to deal with my buddies pumping shit up with +1/+1 tokens? That usually happens endgame and I don't have a whole lot of answers with the faster low curve red/black deck I normally play.
>>
>>49632752
competitive edh, I guess.
>>
>>49633018
>didn't even read my post
Anon, the Skysovereign, Consul Flagship
fits perfectly in Bosh. It deals 17 damage assuming you actually swung with it for 5 mana, without recurring it in any number of ways or tutoring it with kuldotha forgemaster. I don't play Bosh or Vehicles because I'm not a faggot, but to argue that the Skysovereign, Consul Flagship is a poor fit for Bosh is like arguing edicts are bad in Mazirek. Sure, on a case by case basis you could maybe guess at something that's a better fit in a hypothetical scenario to avoid eating a crow on a webcam, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be running them as a rule.

>>49633050
What's the issue with the +1/+1 counters? Too many on one guy, or too many on too many guys? Either way, Vampire Hexmage or Thief of Blood is probably your best bet. I'm a giant fan of Archfiend of Depravity and Desecration demon, as part of the holy Mazirek trinity with Reaper from the abyss.
>>
>>49633096
Too many on too many guys, I've got some removal shit in my red/black for when they buff one guy up too big for my liking.

The green/black deck comes with Thief of Blood, but throwing in Desecration Demon and a Vamp Hexmage sounds good.
I'm a big fan of cards like Desecration demon.
>>
>>49633126
desecration demon is super cool, that's a good idea
>>
>>49633040
I am saying that the mana rock is worse than the other mana rocks. I am saying the looter is worse than other looters. People keep saying "well they could be good in X" but I think they wouldnt actually find a spot in a finished list. Sure, one of them taps for mana, and if we didn't have so many excellent 3 drop rocks it could find a spot in a deck.

Sure, one of them loots, but if it didn't kill itself when it did that (even in a very casual meta you will be hard pressed to find anyone to attack without a flying blocker after turn 5/6) the only thing people latch onto past that is they survive a wrath... But they need a creature to make them do anything, and you have to be in a situation where that creature can't attack in the first place, and your opponents will only play creatures that can't attack. Their use is incredibly narrow at best, and when making a deck I think you will always find a better card.
>>
Flagship seems perfectly fine in Aurelia as well.
>>
>>49632301
I prefer normal Anthems for the devotion (Sprinjack Shepherd, Nykthos, Evangel of Heliod, Heliod himself)
>>
>>49633126
>>49633137
>people finally see the greatness in Desecration Demon
Warms my heart. I'll give you a few normal suggestions, followed by my spicy legendary suggestion I stole from another anon.

Black boardwipes are always good. There are some cheap (read, not Damnation) ones like Crux of Fate, In Garruk's Wake, Deathbringer Regent (if you hardcast it), Mutilate, Massacre Wurm, Languish and Black Sun's Zenith. Things like Shrivel work, but depends on how many +1/+1 counters get shoved on various dudes.

You can also use things like Dismember to blow up their token producers early, and depending on how they get +1/+1 counters, I recently found some spicy green enchantment hate.

But, if you want a spicy meatball Urborg Justice.
>>
>>49629937
I'm a bit late but Ankle Shanker. Also Alesha is the best goblin commander. keep that in mind.
>>
>>49633201
>Massacre
Hot damn, this looks like a fantastic card.
>>
>>49633096
Are you on meth? It's late so maybe I am reading a card wrong, but I don't see where you are getting 17 damage to an opponent. Attacking with it and chucking it at a guy afterwords deals a whopping 11 damage to an opponent. At the cost of 9 mana, and tapping guys that could have just attacked for 3 damage anyway. So really all you net is 8 damage spread out among multiple cards for 9 mana. You have essentially just cast an overly complicated fireball. It would probably feel a lot better to do that with a wurm or a spine than the ship.

I get that it's a cool idea to have your mans drive a car anon, dont blame me that they aren't good in this format.
>>
>>49633262
Massacre is also good, but I specifically meant the wurm. You will rarely get to cast it for free but when you do, it's awesome every time.
>>
>>49633262

massacre wurm is an incredible card, one of my favorites in flavor too. i dont envy the mirrans having to face shit like that
>>
>>49633177
Literally just a worse inferno Titan in that deck
>>
File: 70.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
70.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
What are some good spells that count how many colors something has?
>>
>>49633283

god i love inferno titan
>>
>>49633283
to be fair, flagship has the supertype artifact which is a blessing and a curse
>>
>>49633270
17 is 3 for etb, 3 for the swing, 6 combat damage and 5 with bosh. I'm pretty sure you're pretending to be retarded if you don't understand how fast artifact decks ramp, the fact you can tap bosh without swinging with him then use his effect, and the fact that it's 8 damage to the face every time you recur and throw him, which many many artifacts do on the cheap. Like I said, I get you don't want to eat a bird, and that it's an awful card in most context, but it's pretty good in Bosh.
>>
File: I Return from the Workshop.jpg (110KB, 1288x750px) Image search: [Google]
I Return from the Workshop.jpg
110KB, 1288x750px
>>49629817
Best of class, and by best, I mean funnestest:

RED: Feldon of the Third Path

BLUE: Braids, Conjurer AdeptBut only if you steal EVERYTHING; Jalira is also an acceptable answer.

GREEN: Hua Tuo, Honored Physician

BLACK: Geth, Lord of the Vault

WHITE: Nahiri, the Lithomancerhumility is fucking funny
>>
>>49633293

there's bring to light, radiant flames, painful truths, etched oracle etc, not exactly the same but similar

there's a burn spell that does damage based on basic land types you control, gets pretty crazy with all 5 types

im not coming up with any that actually count the colors of the permanent, but gloryscale viashino might interest you
>>
>>49633175
How many better two mana looters are there in each color? Mono-white in particular has very poor options.

Of course if you engineer a scenario where a card is bad, it is bad. I could create an imaginary metagame to defeat any possible card you could name.

All of this is moot if you concede that if you really were concerned about playing the best possible cards, you would throw out any deck list that isn't candelabra stax. The argument against vehicles defeats itself because the defense truly powerful edh decks have against a vehicle isn't to sit behind a blocker, and just by playing creatures period we are likely to be already playing inferior cards.
>>
>>49633322
Ahhh, nope I wasn't the one not reading the card it was you. Skysoverign damage doesn't hit players bro. It would be borderline playable if it did and I wouldn't talk so much shit about it.
>>
>>49633348
Really? Well, fuck, that's a lot worse. I see your point. Still, it's not bad once it rotates and costs $0.50.
>>
>>49631088
>Alesha is odd. I've never done hardcore reanimator but idk about the 2 power clause. Seems to have many of the same pitfalls as boros weenies.

It has black and therefore can draw, so it does not eat shit like boros weenies. Make sure you pack a strong draw suite.

Alesha is nice to do on a budget, you just pack a bunch of decent ETB creatures and sac outlets. You can probably get out the door for a lil over $100, and she can be pretty interesting.

The biggest pitfall is that she has to attack, so make sure to have prot handy, or make her unblockable or indestructible, etc.

If you're worries about the 2 power problem, don't. There are literally thousands of power 2 or less creatures in those colors, you have a of diversity.
>>
>>49633325
Wow I don't like any of those. Thanks for trying. Gloryscale Viashino would be a great pauper commander.
>>
>>49633330
That's why I don't want scenarios, I want a deck list. Show me this mythical monowhite deck in desperate need of looter effects. If we go back and forth with mental magic bullshit you are right, there is no end to this. If this were normal magic you would also be right, because you could always add more cards to a deck. But edh is capped at 100, so every card has to be better than another in its slot, and it's part of what makes the tuning so fun.
>>
>>49633475

>pauper commander

thats actually why i even know of the card, it was my friend's pauper commander
>>
File: combustibilly.png (147KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
combustibilly.png
147KB, 223x311px
when this card was spoiled i thought it was terrible and it was so sad that red got the shitty one of the cycle yet again

but then i realized that it could actually be solid in a reanimator deck because milling 3 isnt bad at all and the damage is just a nice bonus, plus i have a lot of big creatures to reanimate so high cmc = high damage off his trigger

i tested it for the first time today in sedris and it was incredible. i dont expect every time i use it to be this much value but it basically won me a 1v1 vs a captain sisay deck i generally lose 60-65% of my games against

i was on 2 cards in hand when i reanimated it so im not entirely surprised my opponent chose to have me mill, but i hit 2 6-drops and a land to burn them for 12, and i also had anger in the gy so i got to smash for 6, they had no good blocks because of the first strike on the gearhulk, and then i was able to win 2 turns later by playing sedris and unearthing the 6 drops he milled

really glad i picked one up and my LGS was out of non-foil so he gave me the foil for only $5 cuz i bought other cards too. maybe in the future ill cut the card but it definitely made a great first impression
>>
File: 1462804584-20160509.png (309KB, 684x989px) Image search: [Google]
1462804584-20160509.png
309KB, 684x989px
>>49633484
>Show me this mythical monowhite deck in desperate need of looter effects.
Is the possible nonexistence of any mono-white deck that could plausibly benefit more from cheap looting than an alternative effect a crux of your argument, or are you just being dishonest? Mono-white generally has poor options for efficient drawing or filtering.

>ignoring my point about this discussion being moot

Of course you could always suggest a card that's better than a vehicle outside of contrived circumstances. That's because you could suggest a card that's superior to any card that is not played in a competitive list. Just by playing in an environment where everybody has "a flying blocker after turn 5/6," we are playing in a low-power environment.
>>
>>49633484
I'm going to put the mana vehicle in sydri because it seems mildly confusing and she loves mana rocks and artifact creatures.
>>
I made a couple of adjustments, how does it look?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-reanimate-2/
Is there something i can do to cut on expensive cards like Vampiric Tutor or Sheodred without losing on utility?
>>
>>49633650
Also how is the mana curve?
>>
>>49633650
Looks like a Meren list.
Needs living death and shit imo but hard to build Meren badly.
>>
>>49633650

i was gonna say you dont NEED vampiric tutor and demonic tutor, one of the two is pretty solid, but your list only has one of the two so there you go

assuming you havent actually bought vampiric yet i actually think demonic is better in a deck like this where you dont have a lot of instants and you dont have that many ways to draw the card you tutored instantly

demonic tutor is therefore a better topdeck in many cases because you can just tutor a thing and play it then if you have the mana, whereas vampiric is a little clunkier

helps that demonic is slightly cheaper too

that out of the way, its really unfortunate sheoldred is so expensive, and im not certain the card is absolutely essential to the deck. its definitely really really strong, but your deck actually looks really strong anyway so maybe you can cut it if you'd rather not pay that $20

on the other hand i think ultra staples like sheoldred are pretty satisfying purchases, you can expect it to stay worth at least $15 even if it gets an unexpected reprint or two and you'll always have the card even if you take apart meren for any future gy decks you want to play

now im wondering how much of this deck you've actually puchased because phyrexian obliterator seems very unnecessary, especially if you havent bought it yet. its a great card but easier to ignore in edh than other formats. if you already have one though i could totally see keeping it

one card that seems to be missing to me is phyrexian delver. id say if youre dead set on cutting costs you could replace sheoldred with phyrexian delver
>>
>>49633562
>Of course you could always suggest a card that's better than a vehicle outside of contrived circumstances. That's because you could suggest a card that's superior to any card that is not played in a competitive list. Just by playing in an environment where everybody has "a flying blocker after turn 5/6," we are playing in a low-power environment.

That was me being generous, I was trying to prove that even a very casual environment the vehicles are all pretty laughably bad in EDH. Obviously if we are going to talk about hyper competitive lists they have 0 place. But even the guy that thought one of them might be good in bosh (its monored and gimmicky, definitely casual) admitted that it wasn't that good.

>Is the possible nonexistence of any mono-white deck that could plausibly benefit more from cheap looting than an alternative effect a crux of your argument, or are you just being dishonest?
If you didn't want me to talk about it why did you bring it up in the first place? My argument is more broad, and it is that you will never reasonably include a vehicle in a list (with the exception of just using them to tap your guys, like for inspired or the untap mechanic from shadowmoor). People often say "well this might be good in X" Like your example of a monowhite deck that needs a looter effect. I am saying that kind of demand does not exist. Any deck that wants access to what a vehicle can provide already has several better cards that do what you want the vehicle to do, and they will never fit in anyones 99.
>>
If Dwarves and Vehicles get some more printings could Depala fix the card advantage problems with Red-White?
>>
>>49633802
Yes, as long as they are good.

I don't think the next set in the block will provide enough, but now that they have taken dwarves back off the shelf she might be good in 5 or 6 years.
>>
File: imperialsealmintfront.jpg (835KB, 912x1231px) Image search: [Google]
imperialsealmintfront.jpg
835KB, 912x1231px
Anyone know if the characters on Imperial Seal say anything interesting?

>>Post cards you wish you had.
>>
>>49633814
I'm still hoping Vehicles appear in more blocks as Catapults and Siege machines, it's a fun mechanic.

Dwarves should stay around a little bit if we're lucky.
>>
>>49633729
Yeah i purchased plunder the graves and everything else is just a proxy so i can try out some combos and start buying some of the cards i like, i added phyrexian obliterator just because and didn't even check the price, i think i'll put in living death like>>49633703
said instead.
Thanks for the tip on demonic tutor i'll swap vampiric tutor out right now.
>>
File: fools gold.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fools gold.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>49633823

i realize i could just order it online but ive stubbornly gone to 5 different LGS in SoCal and walked away without one of these

i really want one though so i guess im gonna order one eventually, feels bad ordering a single card though so i need to come up with a list of more stuff i want
>>
>>49633552
card is even more bonkers in MUD decks like feldon and daretti
>>
>>49632220
The only place that would want him is a Mimic Vat.
>>
>>49633741
I'll let you two argue about it theoretically, but I've been playtesting it in Anafenza and it's been amazing.
>>
>>49634080
it being the helicopter
>>
>>49634080
>I'll let you two argue about it theoretically, but I've been playtesting it in Anafenza and it's been amazing.
>>49633741
>you will never reasonably include a vehicle in a list (with the exception of just using them to tap your guys, like for inspired or the untap mechanic from shadowmoor).

I see nothing out of the ordinary here.
>>
>>49634110
I'm not going to spend half an hour of my life typing up a list to win an internet fight with someone i'm not even in an internet fight with.
>>
I'm making a Glissa traitor deck, and I was thinking, what are some good artifact based wincons?

I got darksteel collossus, darksteel forge/mycosynth/nev's disc, and karn silver golem. Anything else that could be decent?
>>
>>49634213

Wurmcoil engine + mimic vat + sac outlet gets out of hand
>>
>>49634213
Mindslaver

Also you should run Voyager Staff, not a win con but the card is nuts in glissa.
>>
>>49634213
darksteel and blightsteel colossus both shuffle themselves in as a replacement effect, so they can't interact with glissa
some neat tech cards to play are voyager staff and dispeller's capsule
>>
>>49634213
black gearhulk is really strong with glissa
>>
>>49634223
Explain it to me, please. You sac Wurmocoil Engine, get 2 Wurm tokens, you imprint it with Mimic Vat and put a copy of Wurmcoil Engine on the field, you sac that and get another 2 Wurm tokens and from this what? You keep generating tokens each turn?
>>
>>49634213
just toss some swords on her and call it a day
she's aggressively costed and always wins combat
>>49634281
i think it's just meant to be a value engine
>>
>>49634232
>Voyager Staff
Ooh, that IS tasty.

>>49634260
I know, but it's still a decent wincon tutorable with artifact tutors.

>dispeller's capsule
Nice card, but white so not exactly able to slot that into glissa. Executioner's is in the deck already.

>>49634281
I think so. Plus, if anything else dies you can send wurmcoil to the graveyard, use the same trigger (if it's your turn, otherwise I'm not sure you can stack the triggers correctly) to put wurmcoil back in your hand and do another 2 saccing of wurmcoil on your turn again
>>
>>49634318
my bad i was looking at stuff in my hanna deck lol
>>
>>49634318
Oh yeah, the other odd card I use in my glissa is forbidden orchard. In my experience it nets you a trigger nearly every time you tap it.
>>
>>49631170
Desertioning commander doesn't result in the other player able to play it, since they can always put the commander back in the zone. Gather Specimens would be a different story.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 226x311px
>>49633823
Red for fucking life my nigga

One day I will own one
>>
>>49634529
The commander never goes anywhere that would allow it to be sent to the command zone if it gets countered by Desertion.
>>
>>49634545
Ah fuck, I mixed it with Spelljack.
>>
>>49634466
>forbidden orchard
As a way to give other people creatures to kill then? That might be an interesting thought yeah...
>>
>>49634543
Yeah. I'd really like one of those too, but if I ever pay that much for it, I am also gonna pay to get it altered. I just don't like the art at all.
>>
File: GaeasCradle.jpg (35KB, 223x310px)
GaeasCradle.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>49633823
It would literally cost more then my entire deck... but man its such a cool card. I love how the trees have those motherly faces.
>>
>>49633839
If we ever get the medieval "King Arthur" block those could be relevant, but vehicle seems so out of place word wise...
>>
File: Image.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
139KB, 223x311px
Question, If I make Bruna, the fading light my general and then meld her to form Brisela would Brisela do commander damage as she is the meld of Bruna and Gisela?

A mono white deck with Bruna as the general based on getting Brisela would be kind of fun.
>>
>>49634959
Brisela is not your commander, so no.
>>
>>49634959
Yes, it's the physical card that needs to do the damage, it doesn't matter if it's enchanted by Song of the Dryads or anything either. Melded, your commander is doing the damage, is she not?
>>
>>49635015
>>49635020

*Conflicted Internally*
>>
>>49635015
This anon is wrong.
>>49635026
It doesn't matter what state your commander is in while it's doing combat damage, as everything of it adds up to commander damage. Physical card matters, not what the card is at the moment, it can be a copy of Triskelavus due a spell or something, but it's still gonna do commander damage.
>>
>>49634959
>>49635026
Oh, and if you're still uncertain, check rulings on Brisela, they comfirm that Brisela is still your commander when it's melded.
>>
>>49635052
So It works? That's pretty awesome! I kind of want to brew a Brisela deck now, Bruna has a very powerful effect anyway.
>>
>>49635072
Thanks! It will probably be insane jank but I kind of want to do human tribal with Brisela voltron as an alternate win condition. Card looks cool as fuck.
>>
>>49635073
Well, you're gonna be stuck with monowhite, and believe me when I say it: she's really nothing special, there's much better commanders for you to do your tricks, depending on of course what do you want to do. I would stick with Chainer or Geth if it's reanimation you want or one of the BWx commanders. If you only want to do Brisela, what if Gisela becomes exiled? Or removed the same turn after Bruna's cast trigger has resolved?
>>
>>49635109
I would probably human tribal as even without Gisela I can still use Bruna to grab an important human.

But I will see what happens.
>>
>>49635138
Hope you'll have fun.
>>
How much of a toolbox can Yisan be? I don't want to tutor out the same combos every game
>>
Can somebody please clear the interaction between Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos and Living Death? Since i sacrifice everything i have on the board, do the other players have to sacrifice 2 times that when they can? Or since the effect takes place when they already have a clear board they can't sacrifice anything so Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos' effect doesn't take place?
>>
File: OJ.png-large.png (2MB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
OJ.png-large.png
2MB, 745x1040px
Building Ojutai spellslinging with a slight voltron subtheme. I've already got things like Always Watching, and Sovereigns of Lost Alara for fetching dank auras.
Any other auto-includes or great inclusions?
>>
>>49635600
Living Death specifies all players sacrifice all their creatures, so it happens simultaneously and your enchantments wont trigger during Living End. They will however, go on the stack and ask for sacrifices after Living End resolves.
>>
>>49635590
You can build a few different variations of Yisan, but as you said, he is a toolbox, and a linear one at that. His win conditions are very specific. While your early game can have a lot of variance based on the board state, your late game is almost always the same.
I prefer him in the 99 of decks that use proliferate, for shenanigans.
>>
>>49635731
I suppose. I've been challenged to build with green and I LOVE cheating things into play, so Yisan looked like my best bet for this. Him or Edric, because cheap evasive fuckers seem like a fun time too.
>>
>>49634959
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-flavor-of-angels/

Kinda durdley, but I love it. Been able to meld 3 times since I put Bruna at the helm.
>>
>>49632710
Flavorwise the idea of Bosh throwing boats and trains at people appeals to me. Throw in bludgeoning brawl to have your giant robot(s) beating fuckers with them too for extra fun.
>>
Anyone got any secret tech/suggestions for my Trostani deck outside of-

>doubling season

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/go-wide-1/
>>
>>49635948
Oh man, if only Bosh was R/G I could have built a Pacific Rim deck filled with robots, fight effects, and Bosh throwing cars. What sexy robots do you think should be in the deck? I was always partial to Darksteel Colossus, Platinum Emperion, and Soul of New Phryexia. Special mention goes to Arcbound Crusher. I wish it was better ,but it's pretty neat looking.
>>
>>49636084
Parallel Lives
>>
>>49636159
Innit
>>
>>49636135
Mycosynth Golem
>>
>>49636084
Looks good, only thing I can think of as missing is Doubling Season, but a Primal Vigor can fill its slot. Earthcraft is a generally better Cryptolith Rites since it doesn't care about summoning sickness, something to keep in mind for a future upgrade.

Also, not posting shitty alters.
>>
>>49636084
Desolation Twins for triplets or sectuplets , Felidar Sovereign wich is always an easy win condition, Mimic Vat and Mechanical Wurm
>>
>>49636205
>Earthcraft
Along the lines of Doubling Season, I'm really not willing to purchase a single card for anything more than $25.

I'll pickup primal vigor tho.
>>
>>49636084
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/go-wide-1/
>Angelic Field Marshal
Neat, I didn't know that was a thing.
>Giant Adephage
I fucking love this guy, good taste.
>Phyrexian Rebirth
Neat, I didn't know about that either.

Also, no voice of resurgence? I know it's pricey, but in this deck it's really good. Elesh Norn would fit pretty good in here pretty well. You really only have a few land-dump effects, I usually like the ol' wood elves, harrow, far wanderings, explore sort of cards, particularly because your average CMC is moderately high. Blink effects could be neat in these decks with all the etbs. I'm also a fan of karmic guide and sun titan.

I like Calming Verse as a spicy form of removal, but I get if it doesn't make the cut. I have a whole bunch and haven't found anything worthwhile.
>>
File: 1470335610737s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1470335610737s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>49636084
That's Force of Will tier waifu material right there
>>
>>49633823
Anything above 5 dollars basically because I'm a cheap fucker. At least I get to play funny junk because of that. Really wish I had a Crucible of Worlds to play self-mill tho'
>>
>>49636247
Yeah, Voice falls under the other two cards mentioned above. I'll trade for them, but I'll never purchase them directly. I mean, Voice has tanked recently so maybe it'll be sub $15 soon enough.

I do realize I need more artifact/enchantment hate, and I want to get Aura Shards, but no one wants to trade it out.

I also thought Trostani was a dude.

nope
>>
>>49636436
Sweet jesus that's a tasteful alter.

I'm pretty sure he's a dude... right? Emmara Tandris is clearly a girl, I swear trostani was a dude.
>>
>>49636487
NOPE

Three headed dryad.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Trostani
>>
>>49636503
Well, if that isn't some shit. Any other neat ones?
>>
>>49636592
You know Karn's original name was "Arty Shovelhead" right? Teferi is generally a jackass and named him that, before Jhoria changed it to Karn, whichi s a thran word for mighty.
>>
File: Vorthos_1.jpg (56KB, 134x200px) Image search: [Google]
Vorthos_1.jpg
56KB, 134x200px
How Vorthos is your play group? Do you or other players build decks and make choices based on lore and flavor?
>>
>>49636739
I wish I knew more about Magic's lore. The current blocks are just so... uninteresting. Personally I pick cards based on their art more often than not. Quality art and flavourtext is worth like 2 extra mana in my opinion.
>>
>>49636739
I built aboshan Cephalid tribal.
>>
File: gravebetrayal.jpg (31KB, 223x310px)
gravebetrayal.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
tell me /edh/

if i decided to put this in my "everyones creatures must die" deck, would it ever actually resolve and trigger even once
>>
>>49636911
Does your meta have green players?
>>
>>49631611
I also run Borborygmos and it's the most fun I've had with the format.

Life from the Loam is MVP.
>>
>>49636917
there's like 8 players each with at least 2 decks

in terms of color representation, this is what my meta looks like:

>decks with red: 8ish
>decks with black: 6ish
>decks with white: 4ish
>decks with green: 4ish
>decks with blue: 4ish
>>
What foods do you serve while playing?

I'm getting tired of the pizza/chips/finger food schtick and I want something that wont spew grease all over my sleeves.
>>
>>49637076
Huge-ass roast beef sandwiches from a place up the street

Or ribs
>>
>>49637096
A-anon those are the messiest foods possible. How do you avoid spilling nonsense all over your sexy foils and expensive format staples?
>>
>>49637076
jalapeno flavored cheetos and hersheys bars that i warm up a bit in the oven before players arrive for ease of digestion
>>
>>49637120
We eat beforehand
>>
>>49637134
Ah, a civilized human being. I'm jealous, we usually just get a little ceasers deep dish pizza and a few beers from the local brewery.

>>49637129
>jalepeno flavoured cheetos
Pretty spicy anon. Also, how do the chocolate bars not melt all over your baking sheets? Why would you warm them up when they're just fine at room temp.
>>
>build a grixis marchesa deck out of scraps because I'm bored.
>deck has shit like palace familiar, hooded assassin, keepsake gorgon.
>we all have a laugh about the shit and jank cards.
>hooded assassin ends up winning the game by being essentially a brick wall that will always come back.

Fuck, I love Marchesa, she makes even raw trash look good.
>>
>>49637167
>Why would you warm them up when they're just fine at room temp.

they go even better with the fresh juicy watermelon slices served at the playing table that way
>>
>>49637264
>fresh juicy watermelon slices
A man after my own heart. Holy fuck, can I come play magic and eat your delicious snacks?

What decks do you run?
>>
>>49637076
Lots of beer
>>
>>49637290
an unsleeved 2000 dollar kaalia netdeck
>>
>>49636135
Combustible Gearhulk, and Metalwork colossus are nice ones just from this last set. Karn can make your non-creature artifacts into robots and has the added benefit of being able to beat motherfuckers with himself if you have the planeswalker and mycosyth latice. Don't forget to include some hotblooded /m/en.
>>
>>49637342
I wish there were more sentai looking characters in mtg.

Also, urabrask is aesthetic as fuck. I would gladly pilot him and crash him directly into a big ass spaceship after being almost destroyed by my mysteriously ubiquitous rival.

Any Escaflowne looking mechs in magic?
>>
File: 1.jpg (35KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35KB, 265x370px
>>49629817
I just love how he acts more red then blue due to how chaotic my games are with him.
>>
Story time
>playing edh with a u/g fellow, mono b player, me (red), and a white player
>black player drops pic related with a solemn face
>every time he taps it for mana, he says "pour one out for Urami"
>pings himself a point of damage, this happens for several turns
>u/g player snickers
>later in the game, simic bro casts evacuation. Black player hides a smile
>white weenie player hit the hardest by this, he smiles menacingly at u/g player
>white player casts Armageddon to get back at u/g player
>black players eyes widen, pupils dilate
>THUMP
>"IN RESPONSE!" the black player literally yells with a smile
>floats 4 black mana
> activates tomb of Urami
>"HERE COMES DAT BOI"
>"OH SHIT WHADDUP"
>pulls a custom token of urami out, proceeds to giggle as Urami beats the fuck out of u/g player as he struggles to topdeck a land, then the remains of the white player who ain't drawing shit, then finally, me.
>fucking urami
>>
>>49637452
>50 cents
Jesus, that's a nice card. I'm stashing that in my Mogis MLD groupslug hatefuck deck.
>>
File: Tsabo's Web.jpg (70KB, 312x445px)
Tsabo's Web.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Woah, why aren't more people running this?
>>
>>>49637546
Relatively meta dependant, I guess? It's a pretty great card
>>
>>49637628
Meant to reply to
>>49637546
>>
>>49637546
Probably because you actually have to build around it to not screw over your own mana base, and because it doesn't actually stop the most degenerate lands in the format (cradle/coffers).

Its good that it replaces itself with a card, but the only good lands it hits are stronghold/ruins. Other than that its random stuff like gavony township or something.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (29KB, 360x480px)
disgust.jpg
29KB, 360x480px
>>49637076
My girlfriend is a Mexican, she plays lots of edh with me.
Unfortunately, she loves hot cheetoes, and takis. Mfw she tries to bring a bowl of takis to the table to eat while she plays
>>
>>49637681
What about Maze of ith, ice floe, oasis? This even stops island of wak-wak!
>>
File: 1343415399040.jpg (33KB, 368x348px) Image search: [Google]
1343415399040.jpg
33KB, 368x348px
Is it too optimistic to think that I'll manage to have Zada, Young Pyromancer/Talrand/Monastery Mentor and a targeting cantrip out at the same time in my Shu Yun?
>>
>>49637731
>Ice Floe

Holy fuck. Into Tromokratis you go, friend.
>>
>>49637681
Still, for the cost of Ichor Wellspring, this is a pretty spicy t1 play after a sol ring that can go in any deck. I bet new Thalia would love this shit. I know a lot of people who run toolboxy things like Vault of the Archangel or Kessig Wolf Run instead of basics, and it could totally fuck those people over early turns. Even things like inkmoth nexus or Rouge's Passage could get shut down by it. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cycle lands get fucked by it too. I think it's going into my memnarch, I mostly run basic lands anyways.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 290x595px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 290x595px
>>49637546
thx, going in my zuzu deck
>>
File: Horror face.png (366KB, 556x406px) Image search: [Google]
Horror face.png
366KB, 556x406px
>>49637546
>fancy useless card draw and mild control for Brago
Yes please! Thanks anon.
>>
I got two decks, my Competitive and my Casual Deck, and just wondering what everyone's opinions of them are...

>Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prodigy-of-the-firemind/
>Tajic, Blade of the Legion
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legion-of-heaven-2/
>>
>>49637924
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prodigy-of-the-firemind/
6/10, Generic miv mizzet.dek. Nothing special, it probably works fine, but very uninspired. Everyone has played against this deck.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legion-of-heaven-2/
Not how I would have built it, but there are some neat things going on. I'd go for a more mld indestructible beatdown with Tajic, but that's just me. This deck looks much more fun to play with and against. Why no puresteel paladin? I'm pretty sure there were a few equipment tutors over the past couple of sets as well, and this looks like the perfect deck for a board wipe followed by an assemble the legion.

Also, you have almost zero card draw. You'll wind up durdling a lot. In general R/W works better with an artifact subtheme, like you have going on, so you can use catriping artifacts and goblin welder to offset the shitty shitty card draw available. Also, it makes looting effects useful.

And what's with the kaladesh cards? Just something you had lying around, or did you actually go out an buy those singles?
>>
>>49638043
Which Kaladesh cards?

Also, what other card draw should I put into the RW deck? Im in the process of picking up a Mind's Eye. Is there anything else that would work good?
>>
>>49636084
Hour of Reckoning, Triumph of the Hordes, True Conviction
>>
>>49636592
>>49636665
Karn was originally a female phyrexian named Xantcha that Urza met during his failed invasion following the Brothers' War.

>>49636973
There's more black and red than green and white, so you'll probably get some triggers if you're smart with your timing.
>>
>>49638079
The usual stuff I recommend is:
>faithless looting
>tormenting voice
>wild guess
>ichor wellspring
>trading post
>temporal aperture

Generic ramp cards like Burnished Heart, explorers scope and sword of the animist may help you out as well. Land tax can also be pretty spicy, but will draw a shitload of hate.

Honestly, when I tried to brew the deck I wound up turning it into Uril cantrips voltron featuring Iroas, Tajic and Xenagos, which I am very happy with. Red and white is just... slow. I don't really know how else to put it. You have a ton of power, but most of it gets lost in the depths of your deck, while you desperately durdle for what you need.

With regard to your Kaladesh cards, you have that a foil UR whatever her name is, that massively overrated fabrication angel, and a couple of assorted things that didn't look half bad. I mean, they fit, but I don't particularly want to spend money on cards from that set.

Also, filigree familiar should go in all decks, particularly if you want to go with the artifact subtheme. It's really hilariously good with things that would normally be in a Darietti deck. Ashnod's may also help you out if you're running a full suite of tokens, or assemble the legion.
>>
>>49637546
>Let opponent ult his Koth
>Play this
>>
Migrate y'all, new thread is up.

>>49638257
>>49638257
>>
>>49638226
Ill see if I cant find room for some of those options, if you have some ideas which I should replace them with, Im all ears.

As for the Kaladesh cards...the Saheeli I got as a pack foil from my Fat Pack so I figured why not. As for the Angel of Invention, I genuinely enjoy it right now because it allows me to go wide and is also another Anthem effect for my other creatures.

I was originally going to play just basic anthems in the deck, but I figured that it was a waste of space unless they did something extra (e.i. Marhsal's Anthem, Elesh Norn, Caged Sun, Spear of Heliod)
>>
>>49631170
They should do what they feel like because your an adult and can do what you want. Just play shit in a way that makes you happy and if it does not then do something else
>>
>>49638281
No idea what you should cut. Everything looks pretty good, which is a problem that I run into. A better strategy might be to pick 5-8 ramp cards, 5-8 draw cards, and fill in the gaps with whatever deck space you have available. It's what I usually do, even though most of my decks wind up being almost identical in terms of construction (every blue deck has brainstorm, ponder, preordain, serum visions, every green deck has explosive vegitation, far wanderings, explore, and the like, every black deck has night's whisper, sign in blood, read the bones, phyrexian arena, and ambition's cost ect.)
>>
>>49637827
Which art are you using for tromo?
>>
>>49638079
I've been very happy with the pseudo drug that they've been giving read. Things like Outpost Siege, Chandra Pyromaster, and Prophetic Flamespeaker have all worked well in my RW deck. I'll also be putting in Chandra Torch of Defiance.
>>
>>49638453
I went with the prerelease art. Tromokratis is actually slowly approaching pimped status, so it was a natural fit. It was stupid because I hadn't actually playtested anything before I started, but when I tuned the deck and kept having fuckloads of fun with it, win or lose, I realized I'd dodged a bullet.
>>
>>49638496
>pseudo draw that they've been giving red.
>>
>>49636084
Might want the W/G scry land, along with new benalia, the mono white scry land. Those things are amazing.
>>
>>49637546
I might have to consider this for my rafiq deck, prevent those dirty maze of ith and kor haven from preventing my blows.
>>
>>49629817
Dwynen.
Yes, Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen.

Hear me out.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-dwynen-tribal-1/

I've come to love monocolor decks because all my shit is budget and will probably be budget for years to come, even when I do have money to drop on big splashy cards I always end up buying lots of low-cost ones because it feels better to me.

I love this deck because of how quickly it gets up, without actually being all that threatening. It does stuff early, it plays politics, it makes friends, and it has board presence, without usually causing tons of hate to come your way. It's great to let people borrow when they're new, at least I think so, anyway.
>>
>>49636084
You could use a Mirror Pool.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.