[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 423
Thread images: 32

File: 1469189394778.jpg (189KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
1469189394778.jpg
189KB, 920x920px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Previous session >>49614418
>>
How to fix Ranger??
>>
>>49624335
You use the UA rules.
>>
>>49624335
Make the newest ua official.
>>
How to fix barbarian.
>>
>>49623358
We already have one.
>>
File: hqdefault[3].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[3].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
How to be a smart wizard?
>>
>>49624384
fuck off cuckboi
>>
>>49624433
Ask your GM OOC questions, use those IC
>>
What is the most boring class to play and why is it Barbarian?
>>
File: Alt right robot.jpg (68KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
Alt right robot.jpg
68KB, 600x596px
>>49624434
>>
Don't tell the other cancerous thread
>>
File: Meet the eyelander.gif (313KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Meet the eyelander.gif
313KB, 640x360px
Have you ever been in a duel?
>>
>>49624433
>>49624471
>>49624377
>>49624335

What the hell is this? These aren't even questions. We made a new thread for this shit?

> fixing ranger

Bring back hunters quarry or something similar. Give the ranger the ability to use knowledge checks to get bonus damage. Give him useful abilities. Remove the shitty low-tier utility spellcasting that has been a bad idea since 3.5.

> barbarian is boring

I don't even know what the fuck that means, you need to actually elaborate on your goddamn opinions. New feats would help diversify the barbarian. Alternate class features as well.

> how to be smart wizard

Have a high intelligence like literally every wizard ever??? the fuck? Is that even a question?

The /4eg/ has actual mechanical and lore discussion because the questions are longer than five words and contain actual content to discuss. Can we stop memeing and have real discussion?

How about:

> how to do a Walking-Dead-style game in D&D 5e, always wanted to do a zombie apocalypse in medieval fantasy, with infectious bites. How to stat these zombies? I want them to be arrow sponges, slow moving, and infect in one bite, without overly punishing melee characters.
>>
>>49626517
Can't say I have, though the character I play would probably just shoot the other guy as soon as he turned his back, then complain the rules weren't clear enough
>>
>>49626617
>> how to do a Walking-Dead-style game in D&D 5e, always wanted to do a zombie apocalypse in medieval fantasy, with infectious bites. How to stat these zombies? I want them to be arrow sponges, slow moving, and infect in one bite, without overly punishing melee characters.

You dont need to change anything. Zombies in d&d and pretty dangeorous and due to bounded accurancy you can overwhelm a group of pc with a mass of them pretty easily. Also you have a bunch of undeads at your disposal to play with what the npc would know of their foes. For example revenants: these fuckers have 100 hp each, their soul return to the nearest corpse after being killed and rise again one day after to hunt the players, are intelligent and also cannot be turned by a cleric.

What i would recomend is not saying things like "in front of you there is a mummy" os some shit like that, but put the things vage and give more information referencing some obscure legend rater than giving the name of the monster if they pass a religion check.

You dont have zombies that dont die unles the fail a CD check, your players have killed a group of dirty brigands in a foggy swap, and all the sudden they have risen again.
>>
>>49626617
Take the zombie stat sheet and make a few changes.
>Arrow sponges
Give them resistance against piercing damage, to make the point you gotta cut or smash them.
>Slow moving
They already have a speed of 20ft, you may want to drop it further to 10ft or 15ft.
>Infect in one bite, without overly punishing melee characters.
There are many ways to go about this. You could base it off of vampire bites: With their slam attack, they can choose to grapple (escape DC 11) instead of doing damage. Then either they have to wait a round to bite or you can have them be able to bite as a bonus action, I think the first is better because other zombies could still try to bite with their actions, and you'll normally have a big number of zombies anyway. The additional action would read:
Bite: +3 to hit, 5ft reach, one creature that is grappled, incapacitated, or restrained. On a hit, 1d4+1 piercing damage, and the creature must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw against disease. On a failure, they become poisoned, can't regain hit points, and both their current hit points and hit point maximum are reduced by (some amount, maybe 1d10) every hour that elapses. If their hit point maximum is reduced to 0, the creature dies and rises as a zombie after (1d4 hours? 1d10 minutes? Up to you) unless its brain is destroyed.

Of course, having a paladin or a 3rd level cleric kind of makes all of this invalid, but I guess that's kind of their point.
>>
File: varl.jpg (164KB, 1264x535px) Image search: [Google]
varl.jpg
164KB, 1264x535px
Anyone know a good way of statting Varl from Banner Saga as either a player race or monster?
>>
>>49627797

As a race, probably would either use Goliath with some tweaks like maybe a version of the UA Minotaur's charge? Probably some sort of resistance to cold damage.

For monsters, Storm King's Thunder stats for giants might be too much for their size, besides maybe hill giants I'd think.
>>
Give it to me straight, /tg/

Currently looking at building a wizard, and holy fuck does Portent seem OP. Is the lackluster other abilities compensated by Portent, or is there a generally "Better" arcane tradition than Divination? I don't want to let my party down
>>
>>49626617
You just have bad opinions all round, but you are right about people hating talking about mechanics on here because almost any other site is better at 5e mechanics than /tg/ because you can only find shitposters with rose-tinted glasses.

For a zombie game you just need deadlier rules. Shrink HP pools, keep standing at 0 HP instead of going unconscious, bites can only "infect" when against someone with 0 HP.

Keep HP low by either having HP by class only (remove CON/level) or Constitution score + class (Constitution + class scales better if you want higher level play). Do the same for NPCs.
>>
>>49629109
Go halfing to get lucky so you can avoid nat 1's
Get lucky feat at level 4
Go diviner wizard

Enjoy bending the game to your will
>>
>>49629737
>>49629737
>>49629737

This pleases me greatly. I think I will do that.
>>
>>49629109
Everything I heard suggests that Portent is, indeed, a very powerful ability.
>>
File: 1472579849250.jpg (64KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472579849250.jpg
64KB, 500x750px
>>49629109
>>49629791
Divination is very solid, but it's not the only good option for wizard schools. Abjuration is my personal favorite, basically being a free pool of temporary HP that you can recharge. As well as improving your counter spell, dispel magic, and overall resistance to magic. It's especially powerful when combined with deep gnome and their racial feat.
>>
>>49624319
Knight School
>>
>>49629109
Lackluster? Expert Divination is amazing and greatly increases the number of spells you can cast per day. At a high enough level, if you have already expended at least one slot per slot level, for the price of one True Seeing cast you can also get Scrying, Arcane Eye, Tongues, Detect Thoughts and Identify for free, or any combination of divination spells. And The Third Eye is a neat buff that you can have pretty much always on.
>>
>>49624319
If I got rid of feats and rolled their ideas into the core system, what would be some good rules to take from feats?

>-5 penalty to attack +10 to damage
>+1 AC with two weapons
>large shields give +2 to Dexterity saves and bonus action, others give a bonus action shove
>unarmed strikes deal 1d4 damage and allow a bonus action grapple
>improvised weapons are martial weapons
>weapons can be arcane focii under X condition
>additional weapon properties
>Mark works like sentinel
>second grapple pins

It seems like the best of feats are just better built into the system.
>>
Is it okay for a Sorcerer or Warlock to dip a single level of Bard for Cure Wound?
>>
>>49631197
Sorcerer, maybe, because the spell slots stack. Warlock, not really, because you're not going to have enough spell slots to waste them on healing.
>>
Next Mystic UA what do you want to see?
>>
>>49631432
I just want to see the base class up to 20 and see what crazy shit they can do at higher levels, and if they adjusted some of the already-crazy-shit to be more reasonable.
>>
>>49631432
I just want it to be finally finished. There's really no excuse at this point.

But I also want the Order of the Immortal to be a separate class. Right now, the Mystic is going to be several different classes that share a basic mechanic, instead of several expressions of the same class.
>>
rate my first character build, /tg/

Rogue 1
Fighter 1 (Archery)
Rogue 5 (Thief, Assassin would probably be better for damage)
Wizard 2 (Diviner)
Rogue 17 (yay)

Take the lucky feat and essentially always have advantage, and when don't I can just reroll or replace the number as I see fit.

Fighter - Proficiencies, a garbage self heal, +2 shootan (probably unnecessary, but I don't like crossbows)

Wizard for some first level spells, cantrips, and rituals. Diviner for Portent because it's awesome.

I chose rogue because I like the idea of two sneak attacks a round, I won't need to reload because of using a regular bow, the extra abilities are useful sometimes. Assassin is a nice damage boost probably, but I'm playing a good guy character.

Also went soldier as my background. also I can fly

Currently level 8 so just got Portent.
>>
>>49631526
>two sneak attacks a round
How do you plan on accomplishing this? You can only do one sneak attack per turn. The only way to do two sneak attacks per round is to do one of them with your reaction.
>>
>>49631556

Thief rogues can take 2 turns a round @ level 17.
>>
>>49631576
Only the Thief archetype, and only on the first round of combat. Not that that's weak by any means, but it's not a permanent two sneak attacks per round.
>>
>>49631576
oh, sorry, just during the first round
>>
>>49631526
If you're going wizard already, consider instead Wizard 5 so you can Haste. Haste yourself and you can sneak attack twice for up to 10 rounds (Haste action to attack, normal action to Ready an attack, then reaction to attack). You can use your normal action to read a Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade as well, for even more damage, and bonus action disengage + your speed boost makes you basically untouchable.
>>
holy shit im gonna fucking pop
i wanted to get into D&D after seeing it pop off on tumblr and after loving The Avdenture Zone. so i offered to DM for my brother and two of his freinds because their last DM was both terrible and and flake and apparently just dropped them
so i read up on the DMG and MM and the PG and i leared Roll20 and made a first adventure and a hub town full of NPCs and have a second adventure all planned out just need to put it on Roll20 and another in the planning stages as well as an over arching storyline
AND WE'VE PLAYED ONLY ONE SESSION IN FOUR WEEKS
i just want to play D&D but after making characters and going though setting up the first adventure its been fucking nothing, someone always has a reason to not play or is tired, or literally asleep.
i just want to play D&D...
i worked really hard on the setting...
>>
>>49631740
welcome to the club, faggot
at least you're not permaDM
>>
>>49631740

You suck and everyone hates listening to you speak.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
Anyone who has or is familiar with Storm King's Thunder, I have questions.

Questions about the Hill Giant Lord, Chief Guh.

Who is she, what is her primary motivation, and how does she compare to your standard Hill Giant as a MM entry?
>>
>>49629737
>>49629791
Your DM will fucking despise you, and unless the rest of your group are munchkins you will look like an asshole.
>>
>>49631790
but its a text based medium
>>
>>49631794
Try reading the adventure, champ
>>
Would Bladesinger 2 / Arcane Trickster 18 work?

I just want a whip and good AC. Also is it worth starting with Rogue for 1 more skill proficiency and better HP? Wizard get a proficiency in Wisdom saving throw though...
>>
Can we discuss minor conjuration rulings again?
>>
>>49632465
Make the miniature sun!
>>
>>49632477
The Sun of Faêrun is magic hot fire. So it can't be copied.
>>
>>49632477
>look at the sun so you can "see" it to conjure it
>become permanently blinded
>>
I'm about to join a game, and the GM is using the variant encumbrance rules. I rolled up a Dwarf Paladin, but noticed with my starting gear alone I'm encumbered, and my character is no slouch on the strength front (it's 19). What kind of crap is this, is it just a poorly implemented rule?
>>
>>49632541
Drop your backpack full of extra shit before wading into combat.
>>
>>49632541
Encumber is optional rule for a reason. WotC know people don't like calculator: the game
>>
>>49632541
how the fuck your starting gear weights more than 95lb?
>>
>>49632650
Chain mail is 55lbs, my weapons total to about 24lbs, and the Paladin stuff plus the Explorer's pack (Which my GM really wants us to take) is 50~60lbs.

I've read that a common rule change is that Dwarves ignore the first 10ft penalty to move speed due to encumbrance or armor.
>>
File: smt2ad016.jpg (578KB, 1696x2480px) Image search: [Google]
smt2ad016.jpg
578KB, 1696x2480px
Is there a name for this kind of sword?
Not the name of the sword in mythology, but the kind of sword that it is.
Some sort of longsword, I guess?
>>
>>49632829
Well it's just referred to as a 'seven branched sword' or perhaps a 'ceremonial sword'

Literally, when the Japanese talked about it in historical texts, I'm like 85% certain they called it "a seven-branched sword" which is pretty telling for what they considered it to be.
>>
File: Weight.png (33KB, 725x936px) Image search: [Google]
Weight.png
33KB, 725x936px
>>49632803
Ignoring the first level of encumbrance is better than ignoring heavy armor speed penalties, but that is the easiest way to do that. I personally double the thresholds, so it's mostly a limiter for low strength people and loot, even with 8 STR you'll get 80 pounds which is enough for a pack and some other stuff.
>>
So, I'm starting a new campaign in my own custom setting and I want to give out a pdf to my player with fluff stuff + rules.

When it's too much or too little? My thing is gonna be 3 pages, 2 of fluff 1 of mechanics.
>>
>>49633113
well for fluff it'd probably behoove you to include it in the game itself though exposition and shit
>>
>>49633113
Start up front with basic concepts like what kind of government it is, what kind of religion it has, race presences, etc. as bullet points, then mechanics, then more fluff in the back.

Also post here for us to look at.
>>
>>49632432
Probably better to go rogue. they get proficiency on Wis saves at level 15, I know it's high but it's there. If you start with wizard, rogue 15 will be an empty level for ya. Besides, Dex saves are pretty important to not die.
>>
>>49630910
The +1 AC when wielding two weapons is a big part of the reason to take the dual wielder feat for me. Without it I would probably just not bother and rock dual scimitars instead.
The Charger feat could simply be built right into the system, though.

Also thank you for this idea. If I ever run 5e I may do this.
>>
>>49633217
>The Charger feat could simply be built right into the system, though.
I've played a game with it like that. Everyone just endlessly back up and charges enemies, it gets old fast.
>>
File: 1474079639419.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1474079639419.gif
983KB, 500x364px
alright /5eg/ I'm going out for my run

I'll be back in 40~ minutes, and by the time I'm back I want you guys to choose my next character race/class/

No Sorcerers or Rogues, currently playing them. Multi-classing is allowed.
>>
>>49631432
I want Order of the Invisible Hand and telekinesis disciplines that will satisfy me, but my expectations for a satisfying telekinesis in this game are absolute zero. In the best case scenario it will be
>you have a psychic equivalent of Mage Hand
>you can cast the Telekinesis and Flight spells by spending PP
>you can throw shit at people maybe and the damage is always X no matter what you throw
But I would like it to be
>lifting/dragging capacity of int*30 out to a certain range, can't target creatures or worn/carried objects
>damage table for thrown objects by size/weight (this would help barbarians too)
>PP for aforementioned spells
>a note that you can only attack once when throwing a very high size/weight object, same as the Net item (also applies to barb)
>>
>>49633390
Ghostwise Halfling Mystic. Put him in a trenchcoat, dress him up like Professor Layton, make him hard boiled but cute.
>what happens when after I reach 10th level?
don't worry about that lol
>>
>>49633390
Aarakocra oath of vengeance paladin whose had his wings clipped by bbeg of your choice and is gonna make some mother fuckers pay.
>>
>>49633150
>>49633161

Thank you for your opinion!
It's nothing special and I'm too embarrassed to post it here, as it's my first experiment.

Now that I think of it, can someone give me some tips on how to represent mechanically some kind of "flesh warforged"?
>>
anyone got the newish middle-earth pdf?
>>
>>49629791
I'd avoid the "Lucky" feat, it is retard cheese wheras as a Halfling Diviner you're only avoiding Nat 1's and got a couple Portents to dish out.

I love Portent because it makes the "Save and Nothing happens" spells not a massive liability to cast.
>>
>>49633606
I guess check the Flesh Golem in the MM and consider what traits from that you can pare down in order to be suitable for a player character,
>>
>>49633624
It's in the Mega, under Third Party
>>
>>49633770
oh thanks
>>
Using the "Catapult" spell to throw Vials of Acid. Y/N?
>>
What's an average session length for you guys? I have a story for you and I want to know if I'm right or not.

A guy in our group, who is undoubtedly the single most excited person to play, decides that he wants to stop after three hours, because he's bored with all the "talking" we're doing in character as opposed to just straight up murdering everything in sight. I call him on it, wondering why someone as excited as him wants to call it quits after 3 hours to go play video games or something, and he gets mad at me, claiming that his free time is his to control and that I shouldn't be giving him lip. He goes on to say that I "ruined his whole day" and tells me to kill myself before quitting the campaign.

tl;dr our most excited player wanted to quit after 3 hours, I got frustrated with him because this and last session were our shortest ones ever, he rages and quits for no real reason.
>>
What should I do about a fellow player using an ability wrong?

Long-Death Monk, who generally uses a shortbow or some form of throwing weapon, is using Touch of Death to get temp HP from enemies he's killing from far beyond 5ft.

I don't know if he just doesn't understand it or is abusing it but the name of the ability is literally TOUCH of death.

it's not a huge deal but it's pretty fucking silly because the DM allows the temp HP to stack and it doesn't go away until a rest, so the dude's generally got way more HP than our Paladin.

For whatever reason the DM really loves throwing hordes of weaker enemies at us to try to swarm us, so it's way worse than if we were fighting a couple stronger enemies. The monk had like 30+ temp HP by the end of last session.
>>
>>49633783
He sounds like a child and y'all are better off
>>49633832
Show the DM the PHB entry on temp hp
>>
>>49633783
Honestly if he gets that mad over a simple question he's probably better off outside the group.

Remember, excited =/= good.
>>
>>49633783
>>49633859
>>49633862
3 hours a session is a pretty reasonable amount of time desu.
>>
Hey 5eg, I'm a bit stumped on how to roleplay an important NPC. Here's the thing:

>One of my PCs has set out looking for their childhood friend/crush who was kidnapped by this cult the party has been fighting against.
>Unbeknownst to him, she has actually joined the cult and is quite high in the hierarchy, being also a 9th level cleric, while the party is level 6.
>She is devoted to the cult's subject of worship (dragons, specially white ones), but not necessarily to its causes.
>She is willing to strike a deal with the party if that means undermining her rivals within the cult.

Her childhood friend showing up will be completely unexpected to her, though. How should I play her? Totally evil, will just try to take advantage of him once she learns who he is? Capable of conversion, giving them a chance to get her over to their side? Lost and conflicted upon seeing her friend declare himself as an enemy of the cult? Or something else entirely? I'm really worried about fucking this up, since I have never ran a big emotional moment for a PC before.
>>
>>49633783
>What's an average session length for you guys
its session girth that is important, not length
>>
>>49633868
3 hours is OK, sure. Getting mad because people are roleplaying instead of murderhoboing isn't, however,
>>
>>49633783
Sweet jesus

Be glad he left early. That dude's a fucking loon.

I prefer 3-4 hours. anything shorter and not much gets done generally, anything longer leads to fatigue and boredom

>>49633859
>Show the DM the PHB entry on temp hp

Oh sweet babby jesus.

I really don't want to shit on the monk's parade, he's probably my favorite player and our characters are bros. But him stacking temp HP like this is insane
>>
>>49633868
We do ~6hrs weekly
>>49633883
Manipulate to kill off rivals and then turns on them. Her and a young white dragon with some cultists as a boss
>>
>>49633886
>Girth

I feel like you might be in my current campaign.
>>
>>49633896
Don't be a dick about it. Act apologetic when you show the DM

Let him keep using it at range but stacking temp hp is dumb
>>
>>49633868
>>49633893
>>49633896
>>49633898
All previous sessions in the campaign I'm talking about, except this one and the last one, have been at least 7 hours and we've always managed to get a lot done.
>>
Have any of you had experience with players who have played as creatures from the Monster Manual? I played with someone who was a centaur for a while and totally went full fetish-y route with it, but I'm hoping other people have had more positive experiences.
>>
>>49633990
If playing a Circle of the Moon druid has taught me anything, it's that the stats in the MM are not balanced in any way shape or form for player use. The only way i really see it working is by picking a creature then sitting down with the DM and homebrewing something relatively together.
>>
>>49633883
I played Talis as genuinely friendly, understanding and willing to betray the cult because she is salty that the dwarf got picked over her. Of course when she gets the advantage she swoops down and attacks the party, if you're worried about harming the "Relationship/EvilCucking" the PC just have her loudly announce to her minion/dragons "Make sure to take X alive, I want him for myself."
>>
>>49627797
I don't know anything about Banner Saga, but the Vollo's Guide will have a Firbolg player race. Firbolg are 3 metre tall, irish/norse inspired giants so when that comes out it may be what you are looking for.
>>
>>49632829
The hooks look cool, but make the sword 100% useless for chopping people. That's why most historical weapons stick with one or two hooks at the bottom of the blade.
>>
>>49634196
I hope they are legit large, even if they are cripplingly shit. I know Large-races are hard to balance for PCs but so are Flight-Races and they still forced them in anyway.

Firbolg +2Str, +1 Con. Large Size. Advantage on Strength-Checks and Saves. Weapons sized for you deal an additional 1d4 damage over their medium counterparts.

There, Balanced.
>>
>>49634244
Unfortunately, advantage on strength checks will lead to unbelievable grapple cheese.
>>
>>49634278
Which Barbarians get anyway and use to grapple-cheese.

Can't say I wouldn't enjoy plaing a Firbolg with Tavern-Brawler punching people for 2d4+STR and Grabbing folks and throwing my weight a round.
>>
>>49634293
But they have to expend a resource to have it. It doesn't even make sense that a large race should be better at grappling just by being larger. Make it so they only have advantage on grapples against Small or smaller targets and it's fine.
>>
>>49633898
>>49634011
Thanks for the suggestions. I was a bit lost in how to handle it for the most interesting / fun results. Though which would be the moment for her attack? She usually doesn't even follow the party into the castle unless they ask her to, and if she does I'm afraid that'd be a death sentence for the party, because she would turn the moment they threaten to harm Glazhael. And a fight that's already deadly becomes nigh-impossible.
>>
What makes 5e better than Pathfinder?
>>
>>49634426
Our party managed to get walayed when the castle left, Talis offered to lead the Wyverns with us riding them to intercept, we managed to befriend the four-armed ogre before knowing that Talis was here, or at least got on friendly terms with him posing as new cultists sent to give him a hand. When we arrived on the castle, she stayed back to handle the beasts while we started to attack the cultists.

We kind of fucked up and managed to "Aggro" half the castle at once, at one point we were fighting a handful of cultists and kobolds, two ogres with ballistae, two stone-giants hurling rocks from across the courtyard, Rezmir and the two mages all at the same time. A few turns after Rezmir was killed the mages fled and the giants suddenly took cover, our party was immediately hit with the dragons breath, Talis had convinced us to go one way while she went the other and grabbed the dragon, waited for us to kill Rezmir then swooped in without letting us rest.

We managed to win the combat, barely, due to our cleric and druid throwing healing spells and mass healing spells every turn while our Sorcerer Twin-Polymorphed two of us into giant-apes.

So I'd suggest do something like this, if the dragon is too tough have the Giants decide to take a chance and help em fight against it.
>>
>>49634461
Personal preference. I was showing a guy who was experienced with 3.5(not a perfect comparison but close enough), and showed him the differences between the two, and he was pretty happy to see how much was simplified and how less there was to keep track of, especially with proficiency and not having to keep track of his skills as much.
>>
>>49633783
At least four or five hours, but six or more is not unheard of because everyone usually really enjoys it. That guy sounds like a real piece of work, and would probably enjoy something focused on fightan anyway. I question how long he'd be interested in the game anyway, if you're running 5E.
>>
>>49634426
Alternatively have her approach the party riding the dragon at the end of combat riding the Dragon, tell them that the cult is gathering power, and she and the dragon will head to the northern mountain lair to lie low for a little bit.

A bit part of the next book is about gathering allies to fight the cult, it's not impossible to consider that not every chromatic dragon is fond of the plan, so coming to the lords alliance and saying "We have an old white dragon and its rider willing to help us when it comes to the big battle." is a nice boon.
>>
>>49624319
Hey /5eg/, I'm new here. Never played DnD after a bad 3.5 experience and seeing a lot of the community, but someone invited me to a 5e game and I figured I'd give it a go.

I was thinking of playing a tiefling warlock (somewhat unorignal, but sue me) and was just wondering if warlock had any trap options or any stupidly OP options (same for wizard, since I was debating going that way instead maybe)
>>
>>49634461
Easy to learn, caster supremacy is massively toned down, you can actually play monks without reading one hundred optimization guides and taking one hundred multiclasses, numbers are lower, at high levels the party are still not DC superheroes, 5e does not have a god of Pedophilia, 5e does not have playable furries.
>>
>>49634531
In my experience, warlock is bad, but it really depends on your DM. Unlike wizard and other caster classes, who regenerate their spells every long rest, warlock does it every short rest - so he benefits from adventuring day being as long as possible, with as many encounters (and short rests between them) as possible.
However, if your DM prefers "one-two brutal encounters per day" model instead of "six-eight average encounters per day", you're fucked.
Also, taking an hour to camp in the middle of enemy territory is fucking stupid. Short rests should be five minutes, fifteen at most, not a fucking hour.
>>
>>49634555
>toned down
Not that guy, but is it still present?
>>
>>49634579
>warlock is bad
Well that sucks
What about a sort of control style wizard, buffs and debuffs? I don't care about it being underpowered as long as it isn't actually bad.
>>
>>49634581
It's still present, it will always be present. As long as casters can literally bend reality, and non-casters are stuck using mundane means, caster supremacy will exist.
However, it's not much of an issue now, due to following:
1) Majority of the broken spells have been purged from the game. Clerics can no longer cast Righteous Might and become better fighters than fighters are. Those days are gone.
2) Powerful spells require concentration, and you can only concentrate on one spell. Casters can no longer be invisible, fly in the skies and rain lightning from the clouds, totally out of reach of the enemy.
3) "Powerful spells" include not only powerful buffs, but also save-or-suck and save-or-lose spells. Say goodbye to Batman wizard.he's no longer a viable concept, unable to solve the entire encounter by himself.
>>
>>49634600
Control wizards are not as outright godly as they were in 3.5, but they're still pretty good. I don't have any experience playing them, I'm more of a divinist guy, but I have seem them in my party.
>>
>>49634654
Just reading through the phb, Portent looks so damn good holy shit.
>>
I've never played DnD before but I'm going to a tabletop gaming thing tonight. You can choose between 3.5 edition or 5 edition apparently. Which am I better going for and what should I know?
>>
>>49634709
Given this is /5eg/, I think we're all going to suggest 5e, mostly for >>49634555
These reasons and >>49634616
These reasons.

Plus it's just less of a clusterfuck than 3.5 in general.
>>
>>49634726
Seems fair enou-

>5e does not have playable furries.

Hm.
>>
>>49634738
Kek. If that's what you want, play Ironclaw or Werewolf the Ascension/Forsaken or something like that.
>>
>>49634760
Nah, I'm just kidding. I'll probably play a dick ass thief, or bard, or rogue or something.

I should probably read into it a bit.
>>
>>49634709
You should choose 5e. 3.5 is a deeply flawed system made by people who had utterly no idea what they were doing, and the only reason it was doing so well is because of brand recognition. Pathfinder is even worse, as it refused to adress the most glaring problems with 3.5 and only made some of them outright worse.
5e is a simple, comfy system where you can learn it in an hour, come up with a character and play monsters and heroes.
3.5 is an overcomplicated monstrosity, where you spend two weeks looking through hundreds of splatbooks in order to find the most overpowered, unbalanced combos, all resulting in this:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?471409-The-King-of-Smack-(ZombieGleeMax)
>>
What rules do you suggest for bikes?
other than making them a better horse that goes "vrum-vrum", too obvious
>>
Anyone have any good advice on worldbuilding for a High Fantasy setting? Like some good reference material and so forth.

I don't really care too much about the Gods angle, more about how the Supernatural has been integrated into daily life.

Like, how has inter-dimensional travel messed with trade?
How has literal fucking angels of pure Law roaming around fucked with judicial systems?
When people can climb out of the underworld, how to people treat those who return?
How do you explain why with so many ludicrously powerful individuals roaming around, the players still can find a nemesis that others won't spend 2 seconds and a simple spell to annihilate other than by saying "oh, they don't notice him".
>>
>>49634793
A faster horse that goes vrum-vrum but needs fuel, can't slow down and is shit on anything but open flat fields
>>
>>49634846
Look up Tippyverse.
>>
>>49634846
The nemesis could just be someone no one cares about - not a world ending threat but a threat to the PC's way of life.
>>
>>49632803
But a cart for 15gp or drop your bag as your first incidental in combat.
>>
>>49633783
It depends on how often we play.
One group, where we play most weeks, 3-4 hours is ideal.
With another group where we only play once per month, we prefer to play 6+ hours.
>>
>>49633468
I actually like this.
>>
>>49634846
Have daily life be like the Flintstones with magic instead of dinosaurs.
>>
What happens if and/or when an ability score or ability scores breach that 30 threshold?
>>
>>49632465
My rule is generally yes, but the character has to understand how it works. This lets him summon gunpowder based bombs if he's done his research, but not antimatter, since that is beyond most characters ability to research in my setting.

The bombs work, but disappear after they explode.
>>
>>49635029
Whatever you want to happen since you can't actually do that RAW?
>>
File: 1460261784489.jpg (190KB, 1200x1808px) Image search: [Google]
1460261784489.jpg
190KB, 1200x1808px
For a while I've been thinking of a very simple, but maybe impactful houseruling, though I haven't played with it yet. I was thinking about making concentration saving throws use INT instead of CON. Maybe someone has thought of this before, or you've discussed it before on the general, but I haven't seen it yet. I think it will make INT a more important stat and a less go-to dumpstat for everyone but wizards. Also, I believe it makes more sense. Would this work? Would it have any unforeseen dire consequences to gameplay balance?
>>
>>49634846
It sounds like you're describing the SMT4 universe, so just steal that.
>>
Is creating monsters really easy in this edition?
>>
>>49634846
I think you're assuming a lot. High fantasy doesn't mean the society is effective, just, or good does it? It just means that there is a fuckton of magical integration into society.

Make your bbeg Hillary Clinton. Everyone is sure she's crooked, but nothing can be proven, and she's manipulating the political system so effectively they're about to elect her permanently. Palpatine is another good example, and even in what I would call a sorry of high fantasy world. He's using magic to blind the super powerful good guys, manipulating politics to gain power, and hiding behind obvious evils.
>>
>>49635043
Seems like too much of an arbitrary imposition.
>>
>>49635029
Their ability score modifier increases by 1 for every ability score you are over 30.

Or an ability themed singularity, resulting in the local plane collapsing and reforming into the elemental plane of strength/dexterity/Constitution/wisdom/intelligence/charisma.

Your choice.
>>
>>49635099
To reach 30 strength is, what, a level 20 barbarian with at least 3 heroic endowments or whatever they call their Epic Feats in 5e.

Heroic endowments are supposed to be mythical tier shenanigans, so I'd argue that having 3 of them dedicated to strength means you should basically be Hercules.

Or you can look at it as being 5 hit and damage better than 20 strength, whichever.
>>
>>49633781
thats fucking genius
>>
Would a dwarf rogue work?
>>
Starting up a new character, how do I make it anime as fuck, any class/race combos are fine I dont care.
>>
>>49635099
It's there on purpose, because 5e is not a game about playing Superman.
>>
>>49635234
Any monk - open hand for generic shonen, elements for the Last Airbender, shadow for a ninja, long death for edgy ninja, sun for JoJo.
Alternatively, a battlemaster fighter with a katana.
>>
>>49635237
Superman
Medium humanoid (human), lawful good
________________________________________________________________________________
Armor Class 27 (natural, superspeed)
Hit Points 435 (30d8 + 300)
Speed 200 ft., fly 500 ft.
________________________________________________________________________________
STR 30 (+10) DEX 14 (+2) CON 30 (+10) INT 15 (+2) WIS 21 (+5) CHA 26 (+8)
Saving Throws Str +19, Dex +11, Con +19
Skills Insight +14, Investigation +11, Perception +23
Damage Resistances acid, cold, fire, force, lightning, thunder
Damage Immunities bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from non-magical weapons not made from Kryptonite
Senses truesight, passive Perception 33
Languages Common
Treasure None
Challenge 30 (155,000 XP)

Energy Immunity. If Superman takes less than 50 points of acid, cold, fire, lightning or thunder damage, he instead takes no damage.

Hardened Skin. A creature using a natural attack against Superman that is subject to his immunity takes the damage that would be dealt by the attack.

Mettle. If Superman is subjected to an effect that allows him to make a Strength or Constitution saving throw to take only half damage, Superman instead takes no damage if he succeeds on the saving throw,. and only half damage if he fails.
>>
>>49630910
>How to fix Martial/Caster Disparity: The Post
>>
>>49633781
Yes.
>>
>>49635263
Super Senses Superman can see through materials other than lead. He can see or hear at distances of hundreds or thousands of miles. He has advantage on all perception checks.

Superspeed. Superman can take any number of reactions in a round (although he can still make only one reaction per triggering event.) Only one of these reactions can be triggered by a creature with superspeed. He can run up vertical surfaces or across liquid, which is nearly entirely irrelevant because he can fly. Seriously, like one storyline ever dealt with this.

Super Strength Superman's carrying capacity is measured in megatons, not pounds.

ACTIONS

Multiattack. Superman makes four unarmed strikes.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 75 (10d12 + 10) bludgeoning damage. A creature struck by Superman must succeed on a Strength save DC 27 or be pushed 1d10 x 10 feet and fall prone. Superman can suppress the push effect if he desires, or angle it into the air. A creature pushed into the air that cannot fly takes falling damage.

Freezing Breath. Ranged Weapon Effect: 100 ft. cone, Strength save DC 27. Effect 35 (10d6) cold damage and 35 (10d6) bludgeoning damage and pushed to the edge of the cone.

Heat Vision. Ranged Weapon Attack: +11 to hit, range 1000 ft., one target. Hit: 55 (10d10) fire damage.

Collateral Damage. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, reach 20 ft./range 200 ft., one target. Hit: 140 (20d12 + 10) physical damage and/or 70 (20d6) energy damage. The precise nature of this attack can vary. For instance, if Superman tears a sparking light pole from the ground to stab his foe, the attack can deal piercing and lightning damage. If he throws a liquid nitrogen tanker at a foe, it could be bludgeoning and cold. Flinging a car and exploding its gas tank on a foe might deal slashing and fire.
>>
>>49635227
Sure, with the explicit understanding that you would be shamed/disliked by nearly every Dwarf society.

Mechanically I've always loved Rogue/Barbarian in 5e, just a really fun combo.
>>
File: yokai-tanuki.jpg (299KB, 982x1358px) Image search: [Google]
yokai-tanuki.jpg
299KB, 982x1358px
I need to reskin forest gnomes for my homebrew setting. I don't really wanna go into furry territory, but this is as close as I got.

Any ideas?
>>
>>49635263
>>49635276
>tfw the DM is the only one allowed to play as Superman by RAW
>>
>>49635291
Why would he be shamed or disliked?
>>
File: le trap cat face.jpg (14KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
le trap cat face.jpg
14KB, 333x333px
I can't believe i'm asking this, but does anyone here have the latest, most balanced PDF of the cat person class that was being posted around a week back?
>>
does anyone do use skills to replace some of the artist tools proficiency like deception for disguise and medicine herb kit just to simplify

also >>49633781
would making vial of acid part of alchemy supply
>>
>>49635307
That's pretty furry. Why would you want your gnomes to have oversized furry testicles to sit on?

Look up popori from the game Tera. That's less furry than what you posted, and might work.
>>
>>49635307
That thumbnail looks like a racoon stroking his dick.
>>
>>49635320
Because every Dwarf society values the opposite of roguish aspects above all else? In Forgotten Realms of course.

Hell, you MIGHT be able to get away with it by either being a rogue employed by a proper Dwarf authority, like a spy, or being a rogue entirely dedicated to non-thievery aspects and play it off as being a pragmatic adventurer and settle for grumbles from other dwarves.
>>
File: Cat Girls.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Cat Girls.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49635326
This one?
>>
>>49635362
Modestly overtuned.

More or less invalidates Tiefling as a mechanical class.

Either needs to be a +1/+1 or drop movement speed to 35.
>>
>>49635345
Why would people know he's a rogue? This isn't an mmo, where your class hangs above your head for all to see.

Why couldn't he embody dwarven values as a rogue? Rogues are skilled individuals, not necessarily thieves (though annoyingly, thieves tool proficiency is mandatory). Skill is valued in every society. He could be a swashbuckler, laughing and enjoying combat, while entertaining his dwarven brethren with performances, feats of athletics. He could have a silver tongue, able to bring enemies together, or a keen mind, never once to miss a detail or make a connection.

All of those qualities would be valued in any society.

I don't know man, your point only seems to work in that mmo fantasy land i mentioned where people have their class, their name, and their level floating above their heads.
>>
>>49635362
No, the one that was less blatantly anime. Had a risque picture of a catguy at the end. It's the only other thing noteworthy i remember
>>
>>49635397
Except silver tongues and swashbucklers are completely opposite of actual Dwarven values?

And, what, you just assume nobody ever notices what the career choice of someone is? The Dwarf with no discernable career other than hanging out with tomb raiders and treasure hunters?

Just because skills are valuable to society doesn't mean the people who have them are liked or appreciated. Nobody likes the Tax Collector.
>>
>>49635434
Is adventuring a 24/7 job? And what differentiates a proud dwarven fighter who have it with tomb raiders and treasure hunters from a a proud dwarven rogue? Do dwarves choose their leaders based in who is the least persuasive?

Also, again, swashbuckler is just a class name. It isn't hanging over your head.

Please tell me you don't actually dm.
>>
>>49635345
>>49635434
>Because every Dwarf society values the opposite of roguish aspects above all else?
Yeah, every human society values the opposite of "roguish aspects" too, and shock of shocks, there are still human rogues you paint muncher

>>49635473
>Do dwarves choose their leaders based in who is the least persuasive?
This anon knows what's up
>>
>>49624319
How to do a Darkest Dungeon-like game?
I need more curses, diseases and aberrations!
>>
File: 1474830993812.png (105KB, 409x412px) Image search: [Google]
1474830993812.png
105KB, 409x412px
So if I were to create a homebrew setting for an upcoming game, is there anything fluff-related in the lore/books that i have to keep in mind of?

Like Sorcerers must have a patron and all Tieflings being born from mortals that made a pact with a dark god?
>>
>>49635362
The FAQ for this is so good, I'm almost disappointed the racial stats aren't more ridiculously overpowered.

>Cat girls, however, do not age after maturity, and can potentially live forever. Even if she dies though, remember she will always live on in your heart.

brilliant
>>
>>49635473
Whatever mate, I said in the first post you can be a Dwarf rogue if you want.

I really have no dog in the race as to whether your DM decides to use the established lore of the Dwarfish race in setting or not, or lets you play your beloved by all Mary Sue whose thievery is completely ignored by the race who view thievery as a capital crime.

>>49635487
Yeah man, humans fucking love thieves and secondstory men, that's why people become rogues right? So society will like them?
>>
>>49635060
Wizards are already strong as shit. They need some sort of limiting factor. Having them have proficiency and a huge modifier bonus on every concentration roll essentially eliminates the need for them to roll it at all. It also gives them an unfair advantage over the other casters (which already suck in comparison). I like, and understand, your reasoning but it then just furthers the wizard imbalance and would be a really shitty house ruling for everyone but wizards (any maybe sorcerers, idr if they use int much)
>>
>>49635517
No, that's why it's fluff, it can all be ignored if you want.
>>
>>49635517
This is bait.
>>
How do I know if a character is shit or not? I've never done this before so I'm kind of making things up.
>>
Are necromancy wizards even remotely balanced? It seems like they break the action economy really hard.
I have a player in an upcoming campaign who wants to play a necromancer, but I'm not sure how to balance it.
>>
>>49635583
Shit... how? Mechanically? Storywise?
>>
>>49635605
Storywise mostly. Is there any point in actually making an in depth character or am I just going to have to abandon all that when it comes to the game?
>>
>>49635583
http://www.springhole.net/writing/marysue.htm
>>
>>49635613
Honestly the biggest mistake I think new players make when creating character story is making their shit too detailed.

Having a rough past outline, a somewhat consistent personality and a rough idea of how your character would react in most situations is usually enough.

Good characters have most of their characterization happen during the story, not in their backstory.
>>
Should I be making my own maps to use on roll20 instead of using the official ones? Do they also show traps so obviously, like this one?
>>
Not the anon above but are there any advantages to using hex over traditional squares.
>>
>>49635533
I realize that the wizard gets a nice deal here, since they're the only class that has INT as a main stat. But say your party has no wizards, would it be fair then?

Sorcerers use INT pretty much the same as every other class, only important for a bunch of skills. This is where my frustration stems from, I like roleplaying intelligent characters, but right now this is mechanically discouraged by the system. I feel there should be more of a reward for players investing in INT.
>>
>>49635643
I'll condense it down then.

The gist of it is "guy worked in pub with family, realised he could make more money stealing shit, became a thief, got caught, they burned down his family's pub (and family) then he went on the run".

I realise it's clichéd, but it's my first ever character.
>>
>>49635727
That's pretty decent as a backstory, and it's not all that cliched.

Honestly, if you have that and have put some thought into the general attitude and mannerisms of your character you should be fine.
>>
File: really.gif (358KB, 380x203px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
358KB, 380x203px
>>49635523
>who is Robin Hood
>What is Ocean's Eleven
>what is the Italian Job
>What is Now You See Me
People love charismatic, competent characters

>Buh-but anon, those are all fictional! Nobody likes thieves irl!!!!
Yes, much the same as dwarves.

There are plenty of archetypes out there that fit rogues fine where the character isn't insta-loathed. You're forgetting that every con gang has a face

>>49635583
>>49635727
The most important thing is to make sure that your character has a goal they want to accomplish. You can have all the background detail that you want, but if the character isn't trying to actually DO anything, then you're wasting your time, and you and everyone else is going to get bored with him.

Does he want to redeem himself in his family's eyes? Steal enough to be able to rebuild the pub? Escape Javert so he cn live peacefully? Give him a concrete, specific goal that he can achieve, and then you'll have a good character
>>
>>49635523
The implications in your post are silly.

People don't automatically know you're a thief if you are one, and not all rogues are thieves.

So again, please don't tell me you dm, because this is a really shitty way to arbitrarily punish people.

I'd get it if the character was wearing all black like that one stupid character art in the phb, bragging about his latest heist to everyone, etc, but real games, and real characters aren't like that m8.
>>
Man, Spare the Dying is a pretty nasty spell, in the hands of someone inventive and immoral.
>>
>>49635688
I feel like if your party knows this BEFOREHAND and no one rolls a wizard, it's fine. But springing this strange and unnecessary house rule on them after they dump stat int would be lame.

Once again, I do agree that int as the go to dump stat is silly and lame.
>>
>>49635788
Oh, right, yeah. The idea is that he wants to kill the guy who killed his family, but he's not skilled enough and can't afford to. So it's a "some time in the future" sort of goal, but not immediate.

If not-javert turned up in the campaign though I'd imagine the character would say "fug dis" to the current mission and go after him instead.
>>
>>49635799
>>49635788
What's with these personal attacks just because I wouldn't ignore the social ramifications of your actions?

You're an archetype that embodies thieves, spies, burglars, crypt defilers, pirates and highwaymen.
YOU, your character, are not Robin Hood or Tony Montana or Tom cruise from Mission Impossible; you're some schmuck with the ability to pick locks and stab people who are unaware really, really well.

Sure, you can try to keep your career a secret, but your desire to do so doesn't mean the concept of rumors don't exist. It WILL mean I'm not going to let you be recognized as both a famous catburglar but also not be a shame to your grandmother for raising a thief.

You're an unsavory class with unsavory skills, don't get all bent out of shape when the average person looks at you like that.
>>
>>49635835
>BEFOREHAND
Obviously. I wouldn't change something like that after people already made their characters, that would be unfair. I asked just because I've been thinking about it, and wanted to know how others think about it. But do you really think a houserule like that would be so strange? I don't think it's that weird, wouldn't you agree it actually makes more sense that concentration keys off INT, rather than CON, conceptually?
>>
>>49635884
Your getting called stupid for several reasons

1. Rogues aren't necessarily unsavory just like they aren't necessarily skilled and charming.
2. Classes aren't careers. Classes are archetypes that your abilities fit into. Being a rogue doesn't stop you from being a productive member of a trade, and doesn't sign you up for a life time membership of the thieves guild.
3. Npcs generally aren't psychic, and can't tell what sort of class someone is just from looking. If the rogue leaves evidence behind rumors might happen, but who cares? There are plenty of real world celebrities with unsavory rumors, that are still well liked.
4. Being a party face is a common task for the rogue, which means arbitrarily assuming dwarven society is a psychic hive mind with a public membership list for the local thieves guilds is likely to hurt the whole party.
>>
Have they just given up on the whole "UA on the first Monday of a month" thing?
>>
>>49636013
>>49635884
Oh, and finally, you aren't ignoring the social ramifications of actions. There haven't been actions yet. This is a guy asking about making a dwarf rogue, with no word on what that rogues backstory might be, it what he plans to do with it. You're instead assuming what the characters backstory and future actions are based on your own narrow misunderstanding of the class.
>>
>>49630910
"roll them into the core system" how? You mean, martial classes just get these things as they level up, kind of thing?
>>
Anyone know where i can find pirated version of fantasy ground's 5e modules?
>>
>>49633468
Raziel is that you?
>>
>>49636050
>>49636013
Okay, it's been an hour and a half of this autistic shit.

I'll concede your completely trivial point that a Dwarf rogue who doesn't use any of the rogueish abilities that distinguish him from a class NPC with the Craftsman background, hides the fact that he is a rogue so well that nobody ever finds out, makes every single hide and sleight of hand in his career against the laws of mathematics so that nobody ever spots his lockpicks/knives/tools, and is also apparently the party face despite Charisma being the 4th most useful stat for a rogue can live a perfectly ordinary life in a Dwarven stronghold.

Have fun playing your pottery-maker who practices picking locks in his room and dreams of a life of adventure?
>>
>>49633468
wing clipping isn't permanent, though
>>
How do you Think With Portals in d&d, TG?

So far I've done minor stuff, found priest holes and such by trying to conjure the mage hand along the wall, and find where it can materialize, conjuring a familiar inside a huge beast's stomach and blighted it from the inside, Dimension Dooring a Cursed Armor over an enemy caster and then Heat Metaling him to death, stuff like that...
>>
>>49636147
His family flew south for winter but died because they didnt have him with them.
>>
File: eraser.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eraser.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>49624319
There is a monster in my campaign that can erase a person so that they never existed. Everybody just forgets everything they ever did, or ascribes their deeds to chance or other people.

I would like to do a session sometime in the future where the party finds out that they had an additional party member this whole time, who only was only recently erased by the monster.

What's the best way to go about doing this? My plan is to play the campaign as normal and slip in the odd inconsistency during battle/roleplay. Maybe have the between-session summaries include some mildly out-of-character moments for some of the party.

Then in a few session's time I will have them face the monster and kill it, returning all of their "memories" and describing to them which actions in the past were actually performed by the dead party member.

Is there a better way to do this? I feel like this could be a really memorable moment if done right.
>>
>>49636136
3rd party here

You are legit retarded.
>>
>>49636160
If your DM is being that lenient with the rules you may as well just spam 'Create Food and Water' to fill up your opponents lungs with crumpets and water.
>>
>>49635932
I think it could feasibly go either way. I would say--mechanically I prefer it at con but that's just because I'm so used to everyone dump starting int. I think int makes better sense fluff-wise and conceptually so it's really just up to whether your players like it.
>>
>>49636136
>face despite Charisma being the 4th most useful stat for a rogue

If you're a swashbuckler rogue, Charisma is your second most important skill.
>>
>>49635686

Better for large sandbox games, more realistic travel when exploring. You can roll up a random encounter/event for each hex and have fun for months.

I have one friend who prefers it massively for combat, as it allows 'true' diagonal movement, but it barely makes a difference, really.
>>
>>49636204

>creates food on the ground or in containers

Wouldn't work, but I like how it reminds me of that Lactokinetic kid from misfits
>>
The Princes of the Apocalypse adventure is fucking awful, what were they even going for?
>>
>>49636274
Lungs are just a container for air yo.

Just crump my shit up.
>>
>>49636279

Let's start with why you think it is "fucking awful"?
>>
How do I prepare for my first ever game?
>>
>>49636136
Assuming DEX/INT are first two, what's the 3rd?
>>
>>49635499
you dont.
You have 3 diseases on the DMG and a curse that gives you disadvantage.
What else do you need?
>>
>>49636304
CON I'd assume
>>
>>49636304
Not anon, but... CON?
>>
>>49636321
con 4 (kŏn) Slang
tr.v. conned, con·ning, cons
To swindle (a victim) by first winning his or her confidence; dupe.

Its very important for a rogue to be able to trick people.
>>
>>49636337
kek
>>
>>49636310
You be joking right?

>>49636337
my man
>>
Anyone got that pdf with all the character options?
>>
>>49636209
>because I'm so used to everyone dump starting int
Yeah, that's just the thing I'm trying to get away from. Especially since very few of those people roleplay as if they're at below average intelligence. But I guess it's something of a personal gripe, because now I'm creating characters with high INT scores, who get very little in return for it.
>>
>>49626517
A couple of my players have been in duels, one win and one loss. They're a pretty useful way of resolving things in a medieval society without murdering anyone. As traditionally duels were decided by whoever drew blood first, I use the 4th edition rules and decide that the winner of the duel is the first person to reduce their opponent to half health.
>>
>>49635499
You play blades in the dark instead. It's much easier to fit the game than 5e ever will.
>>
>>49631556
The easier way to do this is with Fighter 2.

Sneak Attack on your turn. Action Surge, ready an attack with a trigger like "when an ally gets within 5 feet of a monster."

You just gave yourself a 2nd Sneak Attack in a round.
>>
>>49636292
>Difficult for the DM to learn
>Takes meandering to the next level
>The actual temple is beyond boring despite taking up a huge percentage of your time
>The fucking book hides shit from the DM like its trying to surprise them with random bullshit down the line
>Most groups will complete the campaign several levels early if even remotely competent
>The fucking maps
The entire book is just a disorganized mess.
>>
>>49636765
Ok so your opinion is that it is bad and you have feelings about it.
>>
>>49633236
Why? It's always a bad option unless you can't reach an enemy under normal movement.
>>
>>49636136
Don't double down on retard anon. That's never a good strategy.

Sneak attacks are clever feints that leave a weak spot exposed, as much as they are literal sneak attacks.

Expertise is whatever skill you want to be doubled.

Your problem again is that you're too literal, and think the names of features define them rather than their mechanics. Sand thing you're doing with classes desu.
>>
>>49636782
>Wizard Label
>Must
>Defend
>Must
>Defend
>>
>>49636136
>all dwarves are scottish drunkards
>all rogues are lolrandom CN
>these are the laws of D&D
>>
>>49636810
I didn't even defend it but you didn't actually talk about any examples really, you just said it was easy and boring and you couldn't run it page to page.
>>
>>49636782
>>49636837
Er, not him, but some of those are roughly coherent points.
I've been having some trouble myself with the "hiding stuff from the DM" bit: it could stand to be a little more clear about what hidden information characters might be able to discern a lot of the time, and so far my party has been meandering quite a lot.
Those things might just be my fault, but it's hard to tell when other people are apparently having similar problems.
>>
>>49636136
>All rogues must carry thieves tools.
>All thieves tools must be carried in such a way that just from looking at the rogue you may be able to identify that they are carrying tiny pieces of metal that easily fit in a purse or wallet.
Never dm.
>>
What build do I need to get my bard like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvS351QKFV4

The cloak is mandatory.
>>
>>49635599
Yeah they're fine. The minions are not the most durable, so attrition will keep the necromancer in line unless the DM is really dumb about giving him a lot of downtime and access to a graveyard unsupervised.
>>
>>49635932
I say no, personally. If you're doing algebra and I punch you in the face, what determines your concentration is your ability to take a punch, not your ability to do algebra.
>>
>>49636039
They have only missed it 3 times this year.
>>
>>49636857
Pro-tip: Some of the loot is vitally important, If they sell it, forget about it or miss it they'll run into situations that are literally impossible for unprepared or even slightly underleveled characters to deal with.
>>
>>49636857
I've only run HotDQ, RoT, and now CoS and only glanced at PoA. If it is the sandbox style like CoS there's no avoiding that issue entirely because you have to read ahead constantly to be in front of the player's actions. They are going to wander around and common features will be only printed once.

HotDQ runs page by page for the most part and it's universally panned by players for being a railroad. Even RoT which is mission based from a hub is panned as a railroad when it's not entirely true. Those are much more straightforward to DM despite a laundry list of NPCs.
>>
>>49636801
I wish people would take the same attitude as you about the ranger when they make arguments about Natural Explorer.
>>
>>49636178
Sounds like a great way to introduce a new player/party member
>>
>>49634461
5e players don't shitpost on other boards
>>
So I'm reading the DMG right now because I wanna make my own campaign, and do it proper-like.

They recommend doing a one-to-two page writeup of "essential information," like restricted or new class options, campaign backstory, and basic information about where the campaign is starting.

I've never actually seen such a writeup before; none of my other DMs did this. Have any of you ever done this? If anybody has any scanned examples of pre-campaign write-ups, I'd really appreciate them. This sounds like a good idea, so I want to do it right.
>>
Is Dice, Camera, Action spoilery?

I want a DM to look up to, but I'm going to start CoS in two weeks for the first time
>>
File: Scrying in the glames.jpg (53KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Scrying in the glames.jpg
53KB, 900x506px
> mfw I find out that Scrying is light cleric's domain spell
>>
>>49634531
Warlocks are fun as hell, ignore the other guy. But you have to have the correct expectations for them.

Let's get trap options out of the way: don't take the pact of the blade. If you lurk 5eg for any length of time, you'll see people trying to fix it, because it's pure garbage.

The other two pacts are both fun for the utility they provide. And that's the correct way to play the warlock: you're the magical equivalent of a rogue. You have interesting and unique problem-solving capabilities, be it invocations that grant at-will levitation or magic detection, an exceptionally intelligent familiar, or more rituals than any character other than a wizard.

In addition, you also do a good deal of damage with eldritch blast - in fact, the best consistent damage of any class except the fighter. The one catch is you HAVE to take the Agonizing Blast invocation. This is not optional; not taking it is a trap option.

Depending on your DM, your warlock patron may be completely absent, a source for fun plot hooks, or a source for constant DM dickery. As long as it's not the latter, warlocks are among the most fun classes fluff-wise.

In short, fuck the wizard. Warlocks are the most fun class - you just have to know what they're all about.
>>
>>49637102
Obviously, they are playing the adventure with tweaks for the particular characters playing.
>>
>>49637093
I literally have a google doc right now of table rules I hand out every game.
>>
>>49636178
Void fish?
>>
does anyone on /5eg/ know of any 5E podcasts that ARE NOT lets plays - something in the style of know direction for pathfinder [namely rules discussions, interviews reviews]?
>>
>>49636801
Jesus Christ, THANK YOU. It's like you actually understand classes are a bunch of mechanics, and not a pre-packaged bunch of fluff. Well, warlock notwithstanding.

>>49636759
This never occurred to me, but it pleases me greatly.
>>
>>49634531
on the topic of warlocks, which are fine burst adventurers and offer some pretty interesting rp if you work with your dm, has anyone tried that UA udying light warlock?
>>
>>49637171
That sounds kinda helpful, although I was thinking some more about campaign info.
Can you post it?
>>
>>49637093
Mine was really short for the most recent campaign.

Mechanics: Start at level 1, variant human only, PHB only. No arcane/divine foci, just components. Encumbrance starts counting for loot (basic gear is "weightless")

Setting: Established nobility with a recorded lineage has an indicator in the name, appended to the surname. Baron runs the nation you're in, and power over cities/regions (a "title") is granted by the Baron, but only rarely, and they're nontransferrable. The right to a hundredth portion of a city/region's taxes (a "parcel") is also granted by the Baron, also rarely, but can be bought and sold.

Story: a nobleman with a parcel in a main city has been deprived of some of his income due to smugglers (who obviously don't pay import tax). One cart of magical components covered over with wheat was discovered, and the clues sent the investigation to a small fishing town. You were hired by the nobleman because you are a competent detective/mercenary team and you work for cheap. Go to the village, find the smugglers, and shut down their operation.
>>
>>49637273
> Baron runs the nation you're in
> Baron runs a nation
Fucking triggered. Do you stupid fucks just use whatever titles sound nice to you?
>>
>>49637273
Got it. That kind of breakdown of "Mechanics," "Setting," & "Story" is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

How did the campaign go?
>>49637302
It could be a confederacy or something, where all the "nations" are held together by a higher federal government headed by a "lord" or "king" or whatever. Don't have a cow, man.
>>
>>49637273
This was recreated from memory but this is the gist. I also had a few sentences about moral/legal expectations and gave them a binary choice about which path to take to the village. Basically toll or danger. (They chose toll, so I figured they're probably going to default to safe options in general.)
>>
>>49637302
A nation and a state are two different things...
>>
>>49637302
Yeah, everyone knows you have to be a member of Charlemagne's court to be a paladin.
>>
Running a 5th ed Eberron game at the behest of my friends. One character is playing a House Cannith Artificer, he wants to bind an elemental for a weapon he's making. I want to make it an adventure, where at the end he fights an elemental and gains his weapon as part of his overall reward. How do I go about this? Where would be a good place for an elemental to hang out?
>>
>>49637302
I avoided using region to mean two different things in this post. He runs a Barony, but until they get higher level the king isnt really going to come up.
>>
>>49637329
Thanks. Hope it helped. And yeah going well so far. Another section to add might be table expectations. Cell phones, food, rulebooks, etc.
>>
>>49637344
>>49637348
Good job getting triggered on anon's behalf, when >>49637358 makes clear baronanon actually agrees with triggeredanon.
>>
>>49637388
me too thanks.
>>
>>49637348
>Member of Charlemagne's court
>Not high-ranking Roman official
Anon, please.
>>
>>49637388
I don't want to get into the minutiae of my fake magical medieval government, but yeah. Everybody should chill. Anybody got any more 1st session campaign notes for that anon?
>>
>>49637354
>elementals in Eberron
Planar convergences/coterminous phases. I believe elementals mostly come from Lamannia

You could do something like have a strong elemental escape its binding due to terroristic actions by the Ashbound that destroyed a major airship, lightning rail engine, etc. So much of the magic tech is powered by bound elementals that anything breaking could be a source of elementals.
>>
Hey /5eg/ I'm thinking of playing a great old one blade lock because the idea seems like it has a lot of potential to be fun and unique but I'm drawing a blank on a character to make to fit the mechanics. Can I get some suggestions of brain storming help
>>
>>49637471
I'm not going to rage at you for picking bladelock, but think about why you're picking it. Bladelocks aren't completely worthless like most people think but they also don't function the way you expect them to. If you're looking to be a magical weapon-user, it's the wrong class. If you're looking to be a tricky blaster who has a good backup in melee, it can work.

As far as a character to fit the mechanics, how about something like a Call of Cthulu-esque investigator? He/she was looking into some mystery, and upon uncovering the true horror, nearly lost his mind. However, the being/beings associated with the dark truth he uncovered bestowed him with a modicum of their reality-bending powers, for reasons inscrutable to him. He's still slightly mad, and afraid of whatever dark designs the Great Old One has in store for him.
>>
>>49637471
Why does blade make you think it goes well with the general mind-fuckery of great old one?
>>
File: 1461392210390.jpg (254KB, 1280x1318px) Image search: [Google]
1461392210390.jpg
254KB, 1280x1318px
>>49636928
Valor Bard.
That was amazing, I'm totally getting a cloak like that made for my next character. Adventurer flair is the best.
>>
File: Euron Greyjoy.jpg (169KB, 489x500px) Image search: [Google]
Euron Greyjoy.jpg
169KB, 489x500px
>>49637471
This is Euron Greyjoy. He's a ruthless pirate and a sorcerer king of the Iron Islands, captaining the infamous ship Silence manned by the crew of mutes. Right now he's preparing to sacrifice priests of all religions and the woman bearing his child in one horrific ritual, all to make himself a god.
>>
>>49637541
Props for not seeing a helmet and demanding the character depicted be a paladin or a fighter.
>>
>>49637093
I wrote a bunch about the city-state that they would be based in, its history (including recent events and the current atmosphere), and the surrounding areas. Plus the adventure hook, tey would be secret agents for the king and had to come up with their own personal reasons for serving him.

No extra rules or limitations, just a warning that playing a gnome or half-orc would make you stand out in the crowd, and arouse suspicion, while playing a dragonborn, drow or tiefling would have a similar but even more profound effect, as these races are very uncommon.
>>
>>49637471
>mechanics first, no idea for a character
Wow, do people actually think like this?

Umm... (s)he's a petty, manipulative bastard (with a terrible STR score) who became a warlock to have powers to win stupid fights and make people do what (s)he wants.
>>
>>49637567
"Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."
>>
>>49637588
What exactly is wrong with doing mechanics first?
>>
>>49637588
>Wow, do people actually think like this?
Sometimes it's better too. It prevents you from coming up with a character that's impossible to represent with the given mechanical options. Just reading through the PHB and seeing "War Cleric" gave me my idea for one of my characters, even though I usually go the other way with making them myself. A character who begins conception this way can be developed the same as any other. Where's the harm in it?
>>
>>49637196
I've seen a few people say undying light is a cornerstone of THE high damage build, but I haven't seen any one post the build.

The patron is a bit boring to me.
>>
In your campaigns how many level 20s do you think there are in the multiverse? I always aim for less than a hundred, spread out in the more hard to reach cities such as the city of brass Sigil and the Iron City and Dis. Or living out as hermits owning their craft as they do their thing.
>>
>>49637302
>Not serving the loa and honoring baron samedi's dominion over the swamp nation.

It's like you don't even voodoo paladin.
>>
>>49637588
well isnt that how most people work their character
mechanics first then fluff later

i mean my halfing wild sorc/ diviner was like that, first it was some /tg/ idea to become the master of the dice then it became the story of a wild sorc wanting to learn how to control his chaotic power by going to wizard school to learn divination to see into the future so he know what not to do i.e control fate so his magic doesnt blow up in his face
>>
In a place where it would be feasible that you can buy one, how much should a Cloak of the Manta Ray (water breathing + swimming speed of 60 ft) cost? Also, are there any other uncommon magical items that would be for sale in an underwater city?
>>
>>49636136

>Being a rogue must literally mean you are a criminal
>Not a spy
>Not a clerical servant
>Not a butler or manservant
>Not a sailor
>Not a kingpin
>Not a bard
>Not a guild artisan, like a tinkerer or a jewel smith, or a weaver that would all have iron picks, mirrors and files

Ok
>>
File: ',;J.gif (318KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
',;J.gif
318KB, 245x175px
>>49637588
Doing mechanics is what I do first if I can't think up a cool gimicky design or a good backstory, there's no wrong way to enjoy starting a new character anon.
>>
Is there any video game that has classes similar to 5e's Warlock?
Been trying to get into Neverwinter 2 but holy hell this game has not aged well.
>>49637065
Hell you go to Pathfinder's thread and they shitpost their own.
>>
File: 2016_03_16_Dragonlance.jpg (36KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
2016_03_16_Dragonlance.jpg
36KB, 350x350px
>>49637588
>has never rolled shitty stats and worked forward from there
>>
>>49636981
I get that a linear adventure like you say HotDQ is would be seen as bad for long time players, but would you say it's a good adventure to jump into for new players after going through the Starter Set?
>>
>>49637716
Mariner's Armor would be big, it's simple and has a fail safe is something goes wrong. You can't breathe underwater but hey it's there.

Guards could have Tridents of Fish Command, you aren't gonna do anything when a guard can see you and a great white is swimming over your head.

Necklace of Adaptation and Ring of Swimming would be good as well.

The Cloak of the Manta Ray would probably be more expensive cause it's not only great but anybody who wants to buy one is kind of out options and that's the best bet. 4-500 gold.
>>
>>49637458
Thank you!
>>
File: Zora_Shop_(Majora's_Mask).png (927KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zora_Shop_(Majora's_Mask).png
927KB, 1920x1080px
>>49637716
>>
>>49637471

Ask yourself what would drive a person to comune with a GOOn and why of all the ways they could entreat them for power, they'd choose a weapon.

My goon had already been driven crazy by body horror by the time she comuned with the Old Serpent, and because she was a nun, her story was about wether if this adventure would return her touch with reality, or fully embrace madness
>>
>>49637745
>kingpin
>not a criminal
>clerical servant/butler/manservant/sailor with sneaky, thievy and murdery abilities
>not a criminal
>BARD
>a fucking class in and of itself

This is clearly bait. Rogues don't have to be criminals, but your post is clearly bait.

To quote the 5e PHB
Every town and city has its share of rogues. Most of them live up to the worst stereotypes of the class, making a living as burglars, assassins, cutpurses, and con artists. Often, these scoundrels are organized into thieves' guilds or crime families. Plenty of rogues
operate independently, but even they sometimes recruit apprentices to help them in their scams and heists. A few rogues make an honest living as locksmiths, investigators, or exterminators, which can be a dangerous job in a world where dire rats-and wererats haunt the sewers. As adventurers, rogues fall on both sides of the law. Some are hardened criminals who decide to seek their fortune in treasure hoards, while others wake up a life of adventure to escape from the law. Some have learned and perfected their skills wilh lhe explicit purpose of infiltrating ancient ruins and hidden crypts in search of treasure.

So rogues are clearly intended to be criminals in almost every case, and the only job on the list a Dwarf would respect would be locksmith. So it's safe to say that most Dwarves wouldn't like Rogues.

And yes, I know you have your own personal fluff but who gives a fuck, we're arguing autistic shit and clearly only rulebooks count to soothe our desires for authority
>>
>>49637700
It's definitely how a lot of people do this. Don't let badwrongfun-anon ruin your experience.

>>49637867
Different anon here.
>Every charming cad who travels and plays an instrument MUST have the bard class
And yeah, kingpins are criminals, but you're missing the point. The class represents anybody with the kind of skills that can be put towards shenanigans. Doesn't mean you have to be a criminal to employ them.
>To quote the 5e PHB
Okay, let's.
>A few rogues make an honest living as locksmiths, investigators, or exterminators
> As adventurers, rogues fall on both sides of the law
> Some have learned and perfected their skills wilh lhe explicit purpose of infiltrating ancient ruins and hidden crypts in search of treasure
>>
>nobody in my group marks off their rations but me or makes an effort to buy more when they run out
>they don't even announce that their characters are eating
>DM doesn't care

this kinda bugs me
>>
>>49637867
You're being an autistic fuck acting like dwarves teach the player's handbook in dwarf school.

A dwarf isn't easily identifiable as a rogue just because his character sheet says rogue on it. What the player actually does with the skillset determines if the populace ever figures it out. If he uses his skills to be a detective, people are going to think he's a detective, not a thief.
>>
>>49637533
>I'm not going to rage at you for picking bladelock, but think about why you're picking it. Bladelocks aren't completely worthless like most people think but they also don't function the way you expect them to. If you're looking to be a magical weapon-user, it's the wrong class.
Fuck that's exactly what I was going to do
>>49637534
Was thinking it'd be a unique twist. Kind of using mind fuckery to get an advantage in melee kind of thing
>>49637567
I like it, thanks
>>49637588
I don't have any real character ideas so I picked a set of mechanics that could potentially open up a good character
>>49637848
That's the kind of questions I'm having a hard time answering.
>>
>>49637867
This has got to be some sort of bait, because I refuse to believe that anyone could ever logically come to some of these conclusions.

>So it's safe to say that most Dwarves wouldn't like Rogues.

That is a generalization so vague as to be completely meaningless, but simultaneously absurd enough to be completely wrong.
>>
>>49638018
>Was thinking it'd be a unique twist. Kind of using mind fuckery to get an advantage in melee kind of thing

Mechanics don't support that in-combat. You can use that stuff to start a combat in an advantageous position or avoid combat altogether, but once you're fighting, mind-tinkering isn't going to make you better at swinging a blade.
>>
>>49635613
If you make a long backstory with other characters in it and a big character goal you want to complete than pretty much all of it will go to waste.
Most GMs ignore those things entirely or just use them to make bullshit excuses for you to go fight cultists. Like, you included that your character has a family, so the cultists kill your family.
>>
>>49638018
well there choice of having a sword (or weapon of choice) as a catalyst to commune with GOO. So think of it as a tool used by cultist for rituals for GOO-related stuff.

So after your chara pick up the weapon and become a lock, not knowing better become blade lock cause he believe he need the weapon to channel his GOO given power.
>>
>>49635599
It's only a bonus action to command his zombies/skelliez, but the trade off is that he has to expend spell slots or lose control of them.
>>
>>49635613
This depends a lot on your DM. I'd say go details-lite for the time being, at least until you understand what sort of style your group has.

Very rarely do DM's give the player's backstory a lot of attention, sadly.
>>
>>49638018
>that's exactly what I was going to do
Then yeah, sorry. The bladelock was not properly designed to be a melee class. It requires 2-3 invocations as a tax and will still be fairly squishy do more damage with eldritch blast.
If you really want to play a melee warlock, it's probably best to take a couple of levels (enough to get the basic features you want) and then just go into fighter. Alternately, if you don't care about the warlock fluff, just go full eldritch knight or valor bard.

>>49638058
If you go warlock/fighter, you can pick combat master and fluff your maneuvers that grant various advantages as making use of mind fuckery. Might be a bit of a stretch, but probably not much?

>>49638013
>>49638078
It depends on the DM. I mostly play with close friends, so I take time to get to know their characters and what they want to accomplish, and weave that into the greater plot. But if you're just joining a group of people you don't know well, it's very hit-and-miss.
FWIW, I joined a group of complete strangers and my backstory ended up being important and fun. I didn't have any grand personal goals, though.
>>
>>49637799
Storm kings thunder, unquestionably.
>>
>>49638251
>f you go warlock/fighter, you can pick combat master and fluff your maneuvers that grant various advantages as making use of mind fuckery. Might be a bit of a stretch, but probably not much?

You can definitely do that but I missed the part where a fighter multiclass was part of the deal. Menacing Attack would be flavorful.

A paladin multiclass to use spells like Wrathful Smite could work even better. It could be a fun roleplay challenge to figure out how a paladin stays true to his oath while he's in touch with a great old one.
>>
>>49637105
Sight is just light reflecting, anon.
>>
>>49638314
It wasn't part of the deal, it was my suggestion for making a viable/effective melee warlock. I don't really feel that paladin powers reflect mind-fuckery well, although obviously the roleplaying opportunities are interesting (if almost too much).
>>
>>49638344
I mean the most suitable warlock multiclass with pally is the undying light. because at least it does conflict too much with oath (which is a another annoying thing about pally)
>>
>>49637354
If you dont mind me asking, what class are you using for the Artificer?
>>
>>49638344
Just going over the paladin spell list for ways you could easily reflavor to screw with minds:
1st: Command, Compelled Duel, Wrathful Smite
2nd: Zone of Truth
4th: Staggering Smite
5th: Geas

Divine Smite mechanics work well with warlock pact magic slots. If you went far enough to start getting auras, the protection can be shields learned from exposure to a great old one to prevent insanity.
>>
>>49637867
Deleted my previous reply for not being substantial enough.

The passage you just quoted yourself said that there are a few rogues who make honest livings. Why wouldn't a dwarf society especially value investigators? Exterminating might not be glamorous, but it's certainly not going to be frowned upon or your society is gonna get Pied Piper'd.
Plus, the idea that an adventurer MUST be looked on well by their society seems like you pulled it out of nowhere. Is Drizz't looked upon fondly by drow society? Of course not! So a dwarf who goes rogue (criminal) would have added incentive to become an adventurer. That doesn't make them a Mary Sue except by the most meaningless stretch of the poorly-abused term.

Also, rereading this class description, being a Rogue whose day job was being an exterminator sounds fun as hell. You could multiclass into Ranger for max flavor and pest control.
>>
>>49636825
>all Scots are drunkards (or junkies).
>>
>>49633390
Half-Elf Monk 1/Valour bard (x)

Put expertise in Medicine and Persuasion.

Get the healer feat for extra support options and be a medic with acupuncture needles.
>>
>>49638130
Oh I like that.
I'll probably have a character that finds a blade tied to a GOO unknowingly and then some to terms with the new powers, master, and things that come with it.
>>
Is roll20 the best place to play online or is there better alternatives?
>>
Moral questions aside, if my GM was being a killer GM crazy intending to throw overleveled and powerful enemies at me, what is the most broken build I can look into for 5e?

I've heard good things about Wizard (obviously), Moon Druid and Paladin (which did surprise me). What sort of spells/abilities do I want to pick up?
>>
>>49637810
Thank you

>>49637818
I don't know what that is
>>
>>49638532
Fantasy Grounds
>>
>>49637533
The problem with Bladelocks is they're clearly supposed to be for people who want to be the little Elric. And they don't do that well.
>>
>>49638532
I prefer Tabletop Simulator if you have a group already to play together.
>>
>>49633832
The Hp does stack but expires after an in game hour.
Rule is he's got to use monk weapons (for which darts qualify) or unarmed strikes so only ban his bow shenanigans.
>>
A good story that maybe you can work with your DM is as a fighter (cause that is mostly the best choice) during a quest one of the loot is the cultist sword which for all intent and purpose is a normal weapon but trigger your character to become a lock
>>
>>49638561
That's more a problem with invocationsome being so limited. There should be 5 or so for each pact.
>>
>>49638403
>prevent insanity
Why would anyone play a GOO warlock if they want to prevent insanity? :^)

>>49638409
Everything you just said is true, but be careful when using Drizzt as an example and then claiming you're not a Mary Sue.
>>
>>49638540
Moon Druid has terrible AC and has no way to put out burst damage or AoE damage. You just eat hits every round, generally EXTREMELY damaging hits because your AC is nothing, and pray that your party members defeat the enemies before your massive hp pool is depleted.
Wizard has very little hp and dies easily. Their fireballs aren't as good as a sorcerers and if your GM has to it out for you to begin with, most attempts at being clever with your spell variety will just fail automatically.
Barbarian and Paladin are the best classes for going apeshit and brutally killing high level monsters. Their raw stats are just off the charts.
>>
>>49638540
Life Cleric 1/Divination Wizard X, take Magic Initiate for Goodberry and Shillelagh.

Or Warlock/Sorc, sorcery Points for days.
>>
File: Cropped RTFM.png (2MB, 1083x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Cropped RTFM.png
2MB, 1083x1156px
>>49638569
Temp HP doesn't stack. PHB 198.
The rule is he has to be within 5 feet. SCAG 130.
>>
>>49638540
Look, it's okay to say you want to break the game. You don't need a fake story about your DM.
The answer is paladin for burst damage, moon druid for tanking, bard for anything else. Pick up a few damage spells and you can basically do anything. But none of these really break the game, because 5e is basically designed to be very difficult to truly break.
>>
>>49638620
Is he really that bad?
And I'm not the guy with the character, I'm sure he left a long time ago
>>
>>49638540
Barbarians truck everything. Especially if you have a paladin stand next to you all the time and *anyone* in the backline who prepares counterspell. You become basically unstoppable.
>>
>>49638620
>>prevent insanity
>Why would anyone play a GOO warlock if they want to prevent insanity? :^)

You don't prevent it. You eventually fail saves anyway. The paladin stuff just holds off the inevitable.
>>
>>49638680
They also don't do a ton of damage outside of critical hits. They're pretty easy to ignore if they're trying to be tanks at the levels where their damage is respectable.
>>
>>49638665
I think anon might still be here somewhere?
But yeah, Drizzt is a pretty huge Mary Sue. In his first appearance (Icewind Dale trilogy), he's a master fencer (literally the best for hundreds of miles around, only rivaled by evil Drizzt) who knows how to sneak around and pick locks and also how to inscribe circles of power (albeit not really well) and summon Balors.
Add to that the fact that he's a good-aligned drow (CHAOTIC good to boot) who is misunderstood but is eventually embraced by his community, and also that he's incredibly sexy (literally mentioned), and you have the makings of a pretty solid Sue. One so incredibly awesome that despite technically being a supporting character in the first book immediately becomes the main character and has 3 more trilogies written entirely about him.
Oh, and did I mention that despite not getting the super-hot redhead in this book, eventually his best friend dies and he gets together with her?
>>
>>49637867
Are you seriously tripling down on being retarded? The very passage you quoted says rogues can be lawful. What possible reason would a dwarven society have to look down on a detective rogue, or a bounty hunting rogue, or a charming Chad rogue?

Just admit you were silly and move on.
>>
>>49638769
Oh, and his ranger animal companion is a unique Figurine of Wondrous Power, because why not?
>>
>>49638567
Wouldnt it be hard to build maps and shit in ts?
>>
>>49638804
nope I've built a ton. You can either just take the digital maps and slap it on a custom board and upscale it download mods that have tiles to create your own boards.
>>
>>49638793
Stop feeding the trolls.
>>
>>49638804
There are tons of resources available for it, and you can just build the map in gimp/photo shop then place it in ts.

Actually, I know you can even build a single image and then and divide it up over modular pieces automatically, and get semi destructible maps.
>>
>>49634461
Far fewer floating modifiers and not a page long list of skills that rarely come up. It's easier to learn and character creation is fast (only casters spend more than 5 minutes on average making a character, and that's due to picking spells). Caster Supremacy isn't as large a gap than 3.PF, and almost every build can work numbers wise out of the box (there's really only 3 "bad" choices, and they can be easily fixed via errata, house rules, or UA updates).
>>
>>49638876
Wot4E, Beastmaster, and Bladelock?
>>
>>49638836
>>49638851
Alright thanks for the help lads i guess ill use ts then
>>
>>49638950
You have to pay for each player with ts. I actually prefer roll20, but ts is definitely the superior option if you take the time to learn it and prepare it.
>>
>>49638701
>don't do a ton of damage
Bull. Polearm master/GWM + reckless attack + rage damage. Barbarians deal tons of damage.
>>
>>49638975
I know but my group already own ts from playing shit together before but we´re all new to dnd
>>
>>49638983
At low levels when they have no tank tools, sure. They have nothing to force an enemy to attack them or prevent an enemy from getting past them. At later levels totem barbarians have tools like that, but the damage falls off because barbarians have no scaling past level 5 except rage bonus unless you get lucky on d20 rolls.
>>
File: questionmark girl4.jpg (180KB, 945x945px) Image search: [Google]
questionmark girl4.jpg
180KB, 945x945px
>>49639040
>At low levels when they have no tank tools
You get rage at *level one*.
>>
>>49639052
Explain to me how rage forces anything to attack you instead of the squishier players in the party.
>>
>>49639081
This isn't WoW. The only script the enemies follow is what the DM says that they do. If you want magic go get magic compelled duel or something
>>
>>49639088
Ok, how does rage make it inconvenient to attack someone else instead of the barbarian? How does the barbarian prevent others from getting hurt?

Fighters and paladins actually have answers to these questions without feats.
>>
>>49639081
He's beating your face in with advantaged attacks every single round, baiting you into hitting him and taking advantage of the fact that he's reckless attacking.

And if you leave his melee, he AoOs you for even *more* damage.

There is no better class for tanking in the game than barbarian except possible a level 20 druid. And even then the druid is far less of a threat than the barbarian.
>>
File: 1475500985481.jpg (72KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
1475500985481.jpg
72KB, 1024x748px
>>49639081
>Every last goblin is going to ignore the huge screaming shirtless guy with an axe charging them and go for the guy hiding in his robes with a book
>>
>>49636741
thanks
>>
>>49639127
Yes, because if they've lived that long, they know that guy in the robes is going to the scariest mother fucker if he lives. Meanwhile you run in different directions from the screaming shirtless guy throwing rocks. He'll get tired.
>>
>>49639148
Let me guess, you're the kind of GM to take the most optimal meta strategy when fighting the players instead of considering what their enemies would actually do with the knowledge they have, and thus deprive the ability of your players to actually play the game (knocking out the controllers, not letting the defenders defend)?
>>
>>49639148
>they know that guy in the robes is going to the scariest mother fucker
M to-the E to-the T to-the A to-the G to-the A to-the M to-the I to-the N to-the G!
What's that spell?
"You're tool!"
>>
>>49639124
>There is no better class for tanking in the game than barbarian except possible a level 20 druid. And even then the druid is far less of a threat than the barbarian.

You mean absorbing lots of damage. You still don't make prevent anything with reasonable intelligence from leaving you for last.

>>49639173
>considering what their enemies would actually do with the knowledge they have
Yes I do that. Not everything is a mindless beast. Some of them that have survived more than a single encounter have some tactical knowledge. Have you never used a hobgoblin before?
>>
>>49639196
Every person with robes and a book is a spellcaster!
I'm going to run by this enourmous raging warrior whilring a greatsword around his head and go for that guy!
Ouch - he hit me in the back!
Well at least I killed the - oh... he was peasant with a joke book? And now the barbarian has killed me? Hmmmm... that really makes me think.
>>
>>49639173
>knocking out the controllers, not letting the defenders defend
You're thinking of 4e. 5e doesn't force those designations and really doesn't support defenders much. 5e mostly has meat shields that focus on the meat more than the shield. It does support controllers who can largely do their job regardless of what the guy on the front lines does, so the guy up front should focus more on killing than defending.

Barbarians do the killing part well until their scaling falls off around level 11.
>>
>>49639119
You literally stand in front of the enemy, or grab them, or push them over. You have advantage on str checks when raging. If there is only one or two enemies (CR1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1), and you are level 1, they should not be getting past you.
>>
>>49639196
>Hulking guy swings an axe at me and deals a vicious wound, but leaves himself open to attack
>Would be super easy to damage him too because he doesn't even have proper armor
>Nah, best continue swinging at the dude with a fucking lute just standing there calling out insults and directing his comrades
>>
>>49639119
This isn't WoW. "Tanking" means "absorbing tons of damage" because drawing agro is a matter of positioning and applying pressure, not mechanical taunting.
>>
>>49639239
When your HP refuses to drop to 0, and you live through things that would have killed literally anyone else long ago, you end up dealing more damage than they ever would have senpai.
>>
>>49639241
It's not much of a stretch for a goblin to think the screaming shirtless guy is stronger than him and he shouldn't stand toe to toe with him. In fact it would be best to keep distance from that guy, the goblin know he'll get killed.

>>49639256
Yeah considering the lore on hobgoblins being tacticians, one of them might actually identify the opposing tactician as a bigger threat.
>>
Guys I want to build an angel like chara but I am not sure how I want to do it. At least something able to fly go melee and blast thing from a distance
I mean so far i going a tiefling variant (i.e dex +2 / flying) and Eldritch Knight

but I am not sure if I should arcane trickers cause skill monkey and all
>>
>>49639279
The paladin and fighter don't have to worry about dropping to 0 because they already killed the enemy before it could do that much damage.
>>
>>49639295
Do you want melee and/or blasting, or skill monkey? You really can't have all of those and still do your job well.
>>
>>49639297
Way to move the goalposts.

>it doesn't matter if they can't tank as well, they're better at killing things! Who cares that the discussion was about which class is better at tanking?
>>
>>49639295
Warning. Warning.

>>49639297
That's not how many, if not most, encounters work. 5e combats are designed around tons of enemies, and many and multiple encounters with such many enemies in a day. On top of that, enemies have much higher HP pools, and damage does not scale nearly as quickly as HP. You/your DM are not doing encounter balance well *at all* if all your martials come out of every combat perfectly healthy just because they dumped all their loads once.
>>
>>49639173
While it should depend on the particular enemies, that's a perfectly reasonable way to play it. A party that tries to play a table top encounter like it's an MMO encounter should get wrecked against any halfway intelligent enemy (or dumb ones with an intelligent leader.) The GM should be considering what sort of tactics a particular enemy would use, it shouldn't all be "kill the fingerwaglers and healers first!" nor should it all just be mindlessly charging into anybody with a sword and shield.
>>
>>49637799
Nah, it's just not very good. I massaged the shit out of that game to get it useable.

I would recommend SKT after the beginners box or using a classic OSR module with MM monsters.
>>
>>49639310
well I want to be melee but since I never play Eldritch Knight or arcane trickers so I dont know which is "better" in general
>>
>>49639341
D&D is a team game. The martials aren't coming out of combats perfectly healthy, but by doing higher damage, they prevent enemies from being able to do damage to the group on subsequent turns. If a monster does 50 damage single target on a turn, dropping it 1 turn earlier makes a difference. It makes even more of a difference if that monster's 50 damage is a breath attack or an area spell. The barbarian's damage reduction doesn't help his party members take less damage.

>>49639351
This guy gets it.
>>
>>49639370
Both rogue and fighter base classes would be playable entirely without any archetype features at all.

EK is weaker to fighter than AT is to rogue, but they're both perfectly fine. You get fucking spells as a rogue/fighter dude.

It absolutely does make a difference. But - guess what? - the barbarian does *MORE DAMAGE* than them throughout most of the game, and does so while taking *HALF* the damage they do.

Barbarians are better tanks.
>>
>>49639421
>>49639460
>>
>>49639460
You guys talk like barbarians have rage on 24/7. It is completely possible for a savvy enemy to negate rage by staying out the way of the barbarian.
>>
>>49639460
>It absolutely does make a difference. But - guess what? - the barbarian does *MORE DAMAGE* than them throughout most of the game, and does so while taking *HALF* the damage they do.

Have you never heard of a Battle Master? Have you ever seen what Action Surge can do on the first round of combat to change the battlefield?
>>
>>49639516
They don't. They have >50% uptime on it though, and will have it up more than that in the actually situations where enemies are frontloading their attacks (eg: spellcasters).

Have fun trying to stop the guy with a 40 ft speed from beating on something every round. Have even more fun when he's level 15 and it doesn't matter whether you attack him or he attacks anything else at all.

>>49639520
Have you ever played a game beyond level 5 where piddling novas don't actually win you a combat? Fought against anything with over 180 HP and 19 AC?

You people are so fucking out of touch it's not even real.
>>
Alright, I'll be playing my first session of Storm King's Thunder in a week.

I'll be playing a human diviner, noble background, with one of his flavor sentences being "I don't like to get my hands dirty". Indeed, most of his spell selection is focused on either disabling opponents with save or suck spells or detecting/identifying/enhancing with transmutation magic.

I haven't touched the SKT book nor do I want to, but I'd love to know if you guys think a gentile aristocrat mage could possibly fit in to the overall flavor of the campaign. I know anything can fit, but I mean really fit, so my DM doesn't have to do backflips to make me relevant.

Ideally I'd like my role in the party to be "everyone's friend", "subtle manipulator", and "untouchable highborn"

Thoughts, /tg/? Advice? Warnings?

And before you ask, yes I took the Lucky feat because of course I did.
>>
>>49639516
Only if your DM is a faggot intentionally trying to cock-block you.

But also, barbs get persistent rage eventually.
>but no one plays at those levels
fuck off, my groups always play up to 20th level and then for a while there after. Not doing so is stupid.
>>
>>49639516
Because most enemies know the mechanics of "Oh, if we keep away from that frothing guy he'll tucker out and take a nap."
The only way an enemy should know that is if for some reason they have experience preparing for that character or similar berserkers and they know the connection.
Just like how players shouldn't know how things in a monster's statblock work. They might be able to learn or piece together "Every few seconds the dragon seems to use his breath attack, maybe we can group up shortly after it's used?" but they shouldn't say "It's a 1/3 chance each turn that he gets it back, it recharges on a 5-6. Don't give me that look, my character studied dragonchess."
>>
>>49639585
Sounds fine. I don't know why you'd have problems.
>>
Question.

If your familiar is invisible, such as a sprite or imp, and you cast a touch spell through it. Does the familiar become visible?

Likewise, if you're invisible, and your familiar is not. Does casting a touch spell through your familiar cause you to become visible?

If you're both invisible would a touch spell reveal both of you?
>>
>>49639581
>Have you ever played a game beyond level 5 where piddling novas don't actually win you a combat? Fought against anything with over 180 HP and 19 AC?
>You people are so fucking out of touch it's not even real.

Yeah I've DMed games to 20. You still use minions that have finite amounts of HP, and removing one of them from a combat in the first round makes a big difference for incoming damage. Have you ever done the math on how much damage a level 11 Battle Master can get out of an Action Surge or a Paladin can do with Divine Smites?
>>
>>49639635
You do. And you can nova one of them to half HP. Grats bro - you've still got a whole lot of rounds of combat left, while you just drained your entire ballsack ^_^
>>
>>49639662
Uh no, more than one person unloads if the creature doesn't drop and you drop that minion before it gets a turn. Or do you expect players to separate out into 1 v 1 fights?
>>
If I feel like my Valor Bard isn't Big Damn Hero enough, would a two level dip in paladin for a fighting style, spell selection, and smites do the trick by letting me shit big numbers with my spell slots? Or is that not worth just using the spell slots for other things and going straight bard?
>>
>>49639608
Thanks

When I heard "giants" I figured I'd be much better off playing some tribal character, though I'm not entirely sure why.
>>
File: 1404298610943.gif (2MB, 150x173px) Image search: [Google]
1404298610943.gif
2MB, 150x173px
>>49639635
>mfw I was DMing for a group and they were about to face a dracolich. But there was seemingly strong glass cannon undead mage blocking their path. Two casters spend spells to buff him, and the paladin blows his divine smite to nova him.
>it only had 10 hp
>they dealt it like 72 points of damage
>>
>>49639704
We've been talking about ONE CHARACTER this ENTIRE TIME. Read the fucking post chain - we're comparing other martials and their abilities to tank and deal damage to barbarians. And - suprise! - barbarians win.
>>
>>49639728
Then why are you arguing about a scenario the barbarian would never fight on his own? Are you going to do an all-barbarian party?

Barbarians don't win after 11 and the decline starts after level 5.
>>
>>49639597
Which is why I said a savvy enemy. Barbs have rage at level 1, so any enemy of moderate intelligence who isn't a cr1/2 shit stain could be reasonably aware of the basic ability of a class.
>>
>>49639752
We're *DIRECTLY COMPARING* the *BARBARIAN* vs *ANY OTHER MARTIAL BEING IN THE SAME ROLE*. And, in every single case case where a combat is actually difficult, barbarians are the better class to have as the dangerous meatshield.
>>
>>49639709
Smite along with full caster spell slots would let you deal tons of damage, and certainly a paladin/bard is about as Big Damn Hero as it gets.
Don't forget to write songs about yourself.

Also, someone make a new thread already, this one autosaged literally 2 hours ago.
>>
>>49639752
Barbarian health is actually something that has to be accounted for, a lot like moon druids. They are an NPC resource sink at all levels even though other classes deal a lot more damage.

As a DM the entire game is around efficiency under a variety of conditions, and the Barbarian's ability to outlast a fighter or paladin cannot be ignored ever.
>>
New thread: >>49639781

>>
new thread >>49639803
>>
>>49639785
Our party had an dwarf eldritch knight abusing the Shield spell and the barbarian still lasted longer.
>>
>>49639804
>>
>>49639801
>>49639809
>>49639817
wew lads
>>
File: 1457508062458.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1457508062458.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>49639801
>>49639809
>>49639817
Well that's just great.
>>
>>49639801
>>49639809
shoot, i swear you guys weren't up when i made mine.

Go to the earliest.

>>49639801
>>
>>49639770
You used capslock. It must be true. Keep having fun with your 2 attacks per turn that never get more than a static bonus added.

Divine Smite is 4.5 damage per die added.

>>49639785
You also don't ignore the fighter's ability to severely outdamage the barbarian due to greater feat access at lower levels and higher number of attacks at high levels. Nevermind Action Surge at all levels and the potential for superiority dice.
>>
>>49639597
>Because most enemies know the mechanics of "Oh, if we keep away from that frothing guy he'll tucker out and take a nap."

Basically any sentient enemy should be able to apprehend on some level that the barbarian is exerting himself especially hard and probably can't keep it up indefinitely.

What they shouldn't know is that rage ends if he specifically doesn't take damage or attack a hostile creature.
>>
>>49639836
>I've never played with a barbarian in my party before
t i p
j e j
>>
>>49639774
>Keep someone under Hold Person for a whole round
>Walk up and smack for two 4th level smite crits
It would take until level 8, but it sounds so delicious.
>>
>>49639872
I've DMed for 2. The party fighter was more effective both times. It helps to play a game past level 7.
>>
>>49635397
>(though annoyingly, thieves tool proficiency is mandatory)
If it helps, you can think of them as "disarming tools".
>>
>>49639888
>I and my players are retards
I wish I could say I were surprised m8
>>
This is now the official barbarian vs fighter vs paladin shitpost thread. Keep the discussion here. Good day.
>>
>>49639903
shut up autist
you know what you could do instead of compulsively responding to something you don't like for whatever reason?
you could ignore it ;) and say something about the fucking game.
>>
>>49639903
The thread should always end on shitposting because it reduces the likelihood of the next thread opening with shitposts.

And I'm fucking with you barb-fags anyway. Barbarian is alright. It does have some big glaring weaknesses but it's fun. You're crazy if you think it's a better DD than fighter or paladin though.
>>
>>49639982
>The thread should always end on shitposting because it reduces the likelihood of the next thread opening with shitposts
I agree, I was just trying to make sure the shitposting doesn't spill over. :^)

>>49639944
>Projecting like a champ
>>
>>49639226
>Well at least I killed the - oh... he was peasant with a joke book?
Getting the bard first doesn't sound that bad
>>
>>49640184
He didn't have music magic. His jokes were bland enough to not provoke a laugh but not bad enough to actually bother anyone.
A peasant. With a joke book.
>>
>>49640251
that was a joke, friend
>>
>>49635884
>Insight
>Investigation
>Performance
>Persuasion
>unsavory
>>
>>49640304
>that was a joke
Just like metagaming DMs!
>>
>>49640327
I don't understand anymore
I just thought it would be funny to call bards peasants with joke books
>>
I'm awful at encounter balancing /5eg/.

My level 6 party demolishes most encounters I throw at them.

The closest encounter I've come close to considering challenging but beatable was a mind flayer arcanist and three grell, but even then the mind flayer had to use wall of force to try to save himself after getting dropped to 13 hp after blowing mind blast in only 3 rounds.

My party has a necromancy wizard, a valor bard, and an oath of the ancients paladin for that particular encounter, bit they usually have a berserker barbarian and assassin rogue with them too.
>>
>>49636136
Hey guys, all Wizards are necromancers, and fuck you for saying otherwise.

All Warlocks are evil.

All rangers and druids are hippies.

All fighters and barbarians are jerks.

All clerics are zealots.

All monks are weaboos.

All sorcerers own dragon dildoes.

All paladins must fall.
>>
>>49640351
Throw tougher/more things at them.
Pretty straightfoward.
>>
>>49640368
>I had someone at my table that believed this, and also had a list of racial stereotypes that had to be followed
I've never been happier to remove such a concentrated bundle of autism from my table
>>
>>49638314
Wrathful smite all day everyday
>>
>>49640351
You just need to figure out the power level of your group.

My group of 3x Lv 13's took down a Demi-Lich in its lair along with his skeletal minions, which was a CR 20 encounter with a few CR 5 extras.

They aren't min-maxers, it's just that CR is oftentimes geared towards players who simply aren't tactically-minded and who don't have magic items.

If your Lv 6 party is breezing through things, try throwing a CR 10 encounter at them and seeing how things go. Be sure to use more than 1 big monster, use interesting terrain, tactics, intelligent enemy commanders, etc to keep things interesting.
>>
>>49633990
I ran a monsters- only game. CR 2(? or 3, maybe. Someone was a baby dragon), I think, CR 1 creatures could take a class and level and CR 1/8 could be a swarm of critters an equal challenge to CR 1 and could slowly get more dudes. Was good fun, though the dragon was so frustrated he had to be shapeshifted and treated as a horse in town during a mystery/intrigue job that he murderkilled a guy with his hooves.
Thread posts: 423
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.