[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1112: Mecha Are Serious Business Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 432
Thread images: 64

File: 1473516972522.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1473516972522.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>49606787
>>
>>49616683
Damn right they are, OP! Mecha are the best thing. Too bad people keep watering down their awesomeness with this lame "magitech" stuff. Mecha don't need any magic to be great, and I'd say it's actively a detriment to them.
>>
What jumps allow me to create a succubus companion, or transform a companion into a succubus? Rosario + Vampire is there, and Darkstalkers kinda does it, but what other ones let me do it?
>>
>>49616713
Well then that makes you a fucking idiot.
>>
File: dead-space-marker.jpg (375KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
dead-space-marker.jpg
375KB, 1191x670px
>>49607557
(Dead Space) #49
-Background: Engineering (900CP) -WHY?! WHY AM I IN THIS HELLHOLE. THIS IS TERRIBLE.
-Deeply and Greedily (800CP) -You know, the increased yield on mining will help one day.
-Scrap Hound (Free) -More materials found and less materials used? Yes good sir, I will take it.
-Infinitely Customizable (700CP) (Discount) -Yes. I need this. Need the PARTS...
-Modular Designs (500CP) (Discount) -Upgrading tools and weapons is always a good call. Yes.
-Power Nodes (Free) -Eeeeh... you never know. Power notes are always good.
-Surface Digging Team (400CP) -PLASMA CUTTER. ALWAYS GO PLASMA CUTTER.
-Engineering Kit (300CP) (Discount) -Rivet Gun? YES I WILL TAKE A RIVET GUN.
-Utility Mods (Free) -Oh hey, cool! Kinesis and Stasis! Best parts!
-Specialized RIG: Armor Platingx2 (200CP) -Fuck any bone saws or shit getting into me.
-Specialized RIG: Extra Inventoryx2 (150CP) (Discount) -I'm getting an extra 20 slots. I need all the slots.
-Specialized RIG: Overchargerx2 (100CP) (Discount) -Increasing damage and reload speed? Yaaaaas.
-Specialized RIG: Medical Gel Efficiencyx4 (-100CP) -To hell with taking risks.
-Specialized RIG: Kinesis Amplifier (-200CP) -We want all the upgrades.
-Specialized RIG: Stasis Amplifier (-300CP) -And we're keeping them frozen. FUCK ANY OF THEM GETTING NEAR ME.
-Specialized RIG: Universal Clamps (-400CP) (Discount) -Oh look, the armor is modular as well.
-I Need A Bigger Gun (-200CP)
-This Guy Again (0CP)
Dice Rolls: Titan Station, 37 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

Why here of all places. Regular zombies were bad enough, this is worse. This is a nightmare made manifest. Three years and I'm going to be right in the fucking middle of it. Worse, I barely have any mental resistance/willpower perks, so that Marker Signal and its whole hallucination thing? Yeah, THAT shit is going on. Even with my RIG and modifications thanks to Worm's M&E shard and Warframe/Borderlands stuff... yeah.

Writefagging: http://pastebin.com/exV4xsy7
>>
>>49616750
Well, there is Overlord. You can literally create a succubus companion there.

Anyway, onto the thread's apparent theme, Jumpers! Which jump offers the best stuff for creating mecha?
>>
>>49616775
Super Robot Wars with a lot of reverse engineering for silly shit.
Sonic has a perk to triple your production and several gundam jumps let you do it better.
Also getting She of Fair Eyes from exalted mortals to help would give you all sorts of solar craft buffs.
>>
>>49616775
Well I think SupCom lets you import the Dahak as a mecha, and then has some pretty good stuff for it.
>>
>>49616775
Worm, with Miniaturization and Efficiency you can fit a truly disgusting amount of weaponry and gadgets into it.
>>
>>49616775
Custom Robo Upscaling? Speaking of which, since I got cut off last time...

Have the current WIP for Custom Robo. Comes with mostly done perks and items - only one perk left that may or may not need replacing.

Drawbacks have also been formatted and given better descriptions, and there are notes at the bottom about discounts being funky and what Robo you start with.

Hint, Its Rays all the way down.
>>
>>49616754
Whenever someone makes a magic mecha, it's always one of two things, both of which are so incredibly boring that it ruins any fun you might have from mecha. The first is that it's just a regular old mecha, but with magic-sounding words tossed into the descriptions of the technology. So it's not a particle beam gun, it's a mana cannon, or some dumb shit like that. The second option is that it's a mecha that can cast spells, which is even stupider. Either way, it only serves to make the mecha sound really dumb and unimaginative.
>>
>>49616853
I disagree with everything you just said.
You're opinions are shit and you should feel bad.
>>
>>49616863
Tell you what: If you can show me a magic mecha that's even the slightest bit interesting, I'll concede the point. But you won't manage that.
>>
>>49616754
I love a good magitech mecha myself, but get off your high horse.

You're supposed to keep the magic separate from your giant robots so you can bring out the Golems and have them fight. Once the teenage pretty boys/warweary bachelors are done, THEN you bring out your magitech super-prototype with solid mana coating, permanent gate leading to the elemental plane of fire hidden inside its heat-immune shield, Enlarge/Reduce Mech Reactors, physics-breaking power source thanks to cold effects, and the freely-given soul of a virgin maiden blessed by a Unicorn giving all of its attack soul-destroying capabilities.

I actually can't think of anything that doesn't fit that other anon's stereotypes. RIP.
>>
Jumpers!

Just because you know what the problem is doesn't mean you know how to fix it.

Have you ever tried tackling an issue in a jump with all your power and insider info, only for things to go horribly wrong?
>>
>>49616853
So, you're a fucking retard with shit taste then?
>>
>>49616884
Interesting to you would be impossible since you don't find magic mecha interesting.
On the other hand literally any magic in a mecha makes it more interesting to me given that I like magic things.
If you need an example a wizard magiking up his tower into a mecha warrior he pilots agaisnt the demon king is hype as fuck for me.
>>
File: blank19.png (139KB, 399x330px) Image search: [Google]
blank19.png
139KB, 399x330px
>>49614863
>they magically disapear instantly

I know this is actually canon, but I like to imagine for the rest of my stay in LoK there's an entire population of ex-steampunk ninjas begging for cash on the streets of Republic City what an original name like the filipino maid migrations in Hong Kong's summer.

While carrying "Will perform clandestine operations for food" signs.

>>49616836
Disclaimer: I know nothing about the setting beyond what I can tell from the jump. Oh well, here goes-

>Ranged Hacking

How far is a "cp"? To clarify, does piggybacking through the internet exceed the listed range? And am I missing something, or is it inherently superior to the 600 CP Tournament Fighter capstone?

>Doppleganger

How does this work for more abstract fighters like living ideas (e.g. the Summoning Dark from Discworld) or Daedric Princes, for example? That is to say-how do you retain your traits while shapeshifting into something that inherently lacks them?

>Down, Rebirth

What are the 30 seconds of invincibility based on? It seems a little advantageous compared to the other capstones due to its' extended duration combined with its' utility, maybe just keep the 1-up aspect? Also the "cp" measurement continues to confuse me

>I Will Not Bow

This seems a little generous 400 CP perk to be honest, because of just how broad the immunity is. Then again I do remember there's an item in FFTA that immunises you from status effects so I'm not sure. The description for Jameson makes it sound like he's actually ONLY immune to being physically stunned unless I'm misunderstanding what Robos are capable of; maybe reword it as that instead?

>Adaptive Evolution

This one confuses me. Is it cumulative? Do you have to end your chain to make use of it? I can't tell if it's overly generous due to the apparently universal nature of its' adaptation or effectively useless.

(Cont'd)
>>
>>49616884
Why bother? You're an idiot that transparently doesn't like magic at all simply because it's magic. There's no reasoning with you, you're just an uncultured barbarian that doesn't even really appreciate mecha for anything besides entirely petty reasons.
>>
Jumpers, what's your fun/non-serious villain theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQSlpOj4ls
>>
>>49616941
So you're just trying to start an argument, then? All your posts have been ad hominem attacks.

>>49616943
It's not that I don't want magic mecha to be interesting. I just have never seen one that is, and as a result I've gotten jaded. I've never seen a series that does magic mecha in a way where the mecha itself feels like magic. It's always either technology with new descriptors, or it's casting magic spells, which has a very different feel from the thing itself being magic. There's none of that sense of wonder that a giant magical robot should have. A magical mecha could be cool, an enormous guardian of enchanted steel and bound spirits or whatever is a thing that should have some grandeur to it. It just never manages it.

>>49616987
No, I love magic. I'm just disappointed that it keeps letting me down.
>>
File: blank1.jpg (26KB, 425x289px) Image search: [Google]
blank1.jpg
26KB, 425x289px
>>49616959
>Eye Scan Registration

To clarify is this meant to apply to technology you personally own, technology you're touching, technology you can perceive or any technology in existence? Wording's a little unclear.

>Transfer/Soulboost

To clarify, if you only have the Soulboost perk can you achieve its' state outside of combat just by doing intense meditation or something?

>Upscaling

Does this only apply to Robos or tech in general? If the latter, I assume it increases the strength of the tech by the same rough proportion?

>Eternal Ambition

Can this effect be made permanent, and if so how much exposure is required to cause this to occur?

>Mental Fortitude

Could you please explain the nature and advantages of illegal parts in more detail?

>Other Robos, Other Parts

I'm sure this will be explained later on in the notes, but what exactly are the general capabilities of a Robo?

>>49616750
DMC lets you figure out how to genetically engineer demonic traits so maybe you could splice succubusiness into a companion?

>>49616775
Since the overall bestest ones already got a shout-out, Zoids Legacy is good for biomechanical ones with temporal distortion capabilities, Macross is good if you want to build mechs that can fly and blare music.

And Five Star Stories is good if you want to arm your mech with an arsenal of capabilities that will make even other mecha engineers stare at you with confusion and worry.

>>49616903
Wait,you aren't supposed to make the golems so advanced they're indistinguishable from giant robots?

Whoops.

>>49616925
I was mostly along for the ride in Bioshock Infinite because of how pivotal Tears were, so Booker and main timeline!Elizabeth still had to do loads of the heavy lifting. I didn't really mind, though. I just bought my own Elizabeth some ice cream and found a nice spot to watch the world come tumbling down.
>>
>>49616989
https://youtu.be/QxJrjV4PNXA
this is my jumpers theme
>>
>>49616836
Check your formatting and spacing, that's the first thing. Next thing is run that through a spellcheck, there's a lot of places where words seem to be...off.

What exactly is a CP year?

The 600 CP Handicap perk doesn't seem finished, is that your "one perk left"?

For somebody who doesn't know what Jameson is, what's Jameson and why do I want to build it? Same with the Rahu I.

What's with the ambiguity on the Robocade Key item? Does it actually have prizes or is that just fluff text?

>Overflow
What is affected by range? All range? Detection Range? Spellcast Range? It's associated to energy consumption, so I'm guessing it has to do with something, but I dunno what that something is.

....there's a bit more.
>>
>>49617024
>And Five Star Stories is good if you want to arm your mech with an arsenal of capabilities that will make even other mecha engineers stare at you with confusion and worry.
Eh, that's only like...three things, total. Buster Launchers, Air Busters, and Psychic Energy Barriers. Everything else is solidly middle of the road in mecha terms. Okay, actually, the Yen Xing is pretty amazing. So four things, then.
>>
>>49616989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsV500W4BHU
I regret nothing.
>>
>>49617016
>series
Found your problem right there. You've got to homebrew that shit up to do it right preferably in a tabletop game with fellow magitech mecha enthusiasts
>>
File: blank24.png (248KB, 435x488px) Image search: [Google]
blank24.png
248KB, 435x488px
>>49617016
It's a bit of a borderline case, but what do you think about the Numidium from Elder Scrolls?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Numidium
>>
>>49616775
Thanks for the suggestion. I wanted to avoid Overlord so I didn't become overpowered but hey, I guess everyone get to that point sometime.
>>
>>49617049
I'd have to know more about it than the wiki provides, I never played Morrowind. I'm willing to accept it as a provisional entry to the "magical mecha that are actually cool" category, though.
>>
File: blank12.png (254KB, 487x518px) Image search: [Google]
blank12.png
254KB, 487x518px
>>49617038
Point, though I was also thinking about the explaination for why your gloriously overdecorated piece of nationalistic glory is operating at such a level of performance assuming you incorporate a certain design:

"Wow, this thing's fast. What does it run on again?"
"Sunlight!"
"That's hilarious, Jumper. Seriously, what does it run on?"

>>49616989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

DOOT
>>
>>49617033
Your drawbacks.
>After the End.
Why is this a drawback that gives points? What happens after 100 years?

>Sidekick Syndrome
What are the actual in universe caps if you're going to use in universe levels? Referring to Out of Jump powers is going to bring headaches, just as a heads up.

>It's All About that Robo
Doesn't seem like a drawback when presumably the world revolves around robo anyways.

>Mission List
For a 300 CP, this is amazingly ambiguous as to what needs to be done, and why it becomes a drawback. What kind of tasks does it involve? Why is it seen as a bad thing?

>>49617038
Everything in FSS can be replicated from other mecha jump with higher level tech, including the Xen Ying, which is really just an extradimensional emission blade that SRW has by the fuckton.
>>
>>49616989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3c6TfY2J0o

"All I want to do is have a friendly little spar, is that so wrong? Don't worry, I'll only break a few bones."
>>
>>49617081
I have no idea what you're talking about. The Knight of Gold, maybe? But it's not that fast.

>>49617096
I meant the Xen Ying itself, not the Xen Ying Flame Speid. That thing is one of the few mecha in FSS for whom the "trillions of horsepower" entry for its engine output isn't hyperbole. That thing is ridiculously fast and physically strong.
>>
File: Blank31.jpg (34KB, 443x344px) Image search: [Google]
Blank31.jpg
34KB, 443x344px
>>49617117
That's the one, probably. Been a while since I-

>>49616810
-wait. Wait, fuck.

>Fair Eyes, Makoto and Secret
>Working with the incomprehensible bullshit that is super robot engineering
>Incorporating Essence engineering and the five magical materials into that already ridiculous bullshit

WHY

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
>>
>>49616772
Noice writefagging. I however find it hard to believe you couldn't just blow through everything no effort with all your super everything, but since it's more dramatic this way I guess I'll just suspend my disbelief.
>>
>>49616989
What else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_D3VFfhvs4
>>
>>49617049
>Numidium
That'd be impossible for a jumper to create, though. It relies too heavily on the metaphysics of TES to work outside of those jumps. The Numidium came about as a consequence of the Dwemer fucking up and turning their entire race into what amounts to artificial Earthbones to produce a robotic false god which essentially embodied their collective disbelief in reality, resulting in what amounts to a giant mecha that can shout "NO" at things powerfully enough to erase them from existence.
>>
>>49617117
Eh. The Xen Ying is just standard platoon strength foot soldiers from the Empress Fleet though. The trillions of horsepower thing is neat, but the only time we actually see them fielded is against stationary units that are literally two tech generations below them. I mean they don't even fight Wunderschatzes or anything.

By the time you hit the KoG II and the later series Wunderschatzes, the whole horsepower issue isn't a matter anymore, especially when the scale of battle turns from anti man to anti demon again. If anything, Kallamity proved that they didn't really need all that horsepower.
>>
>>49617128
Well this is No. 49, and remember there's Marker influence on the mind. Combined with that and the Necromorphs being WAY stronger/the Ubermorph after me, actually remembering some of them doesn't always happen. Especially in the head of the moment.

Plus if I just wanked "lol no challenge" then there's no point in the story because you know there's no problems.
>>
>>49617157
I could have sworn the Xen Yings fought some spaceships at one point. Maybe I'm misremembering. But yeah, you do have a point that the Xen Yings aren't particularly useful for all their power. It's not particularly efficient for, well, anything. But still, a jumper could probably make better use of that technology. A powerful, compact engine is useful for a lot of projects.
>>
>>49616959
>how far is a cp.
...I may have used the replace function to insert cp after two zeros after i realized only have my perks had cp in the price. those must have snuck in...

>ranged hacking
thats supposed to be feet. Yes. Inherently superior.... which it probably shouldn't be. Meh, overflow comes with increased energy levels.

>doppleganger
...I have no clue. crud.

>down, rebirth
videogame logic. You get about 5 seconds of invincibility after a down.

>I will not bow
think juggernaut from the xmen.

>adaptive evolution
yes. no.

>>49617024
something like a suit of power armor.

>transfer/soulboost
more like you meditate to gain energy, and then expend that energy at any time. soulboost generates it, while transfer steals it.

>upscaling
in general. and yes, the attributes scale with the new size. twice as tall, twice as powerful.

>eternal ambition
the effect is permanent. using it every day for a year would be enough to get it to small child levels of intelligence.

>mental fortitude
illegal parts are part that do not meet in universe safety ratings. More explanation in a bit.

>other robos, other parts
A regular robo is probably stronger than a human. the weapons they have are fully capable of killing a person.

>>49617033
>cp year
a mistake

>handicap
yep. its the only one that may end up getting replaced.

>jameson
jameson is basically the juggernaut from xmen. also it flies, which is kinda unique.

>robocade key
no, i genuinely dont remember.

>overflow
the range you can control your robo at.

>>49617096
>after the end
the apocalypse kinda happened, and the world ended? thats why its called after the end...

>sidekick syndrome
thats a fair point.

>its all about that robo
presumably regular sports and stuff exist as well.

>mission list
its not bad exactly, just time consuming. basically, imagine about fifty different fetch quests, and they all want something different. and then you have to fight them.
>>
>>49616772
Thank you., Red. That was an entertaining read.

>>49617160
>spoiler
Bull-fucking-shit. I don't know if you're unable, uncomfortable, or simply unwilling to write about them, but there are many problems that simply can't be solved by raw power or martial prowess. And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge.
>>
>>49617182
Because the Xen Yings were literally created at the height of the previous generation, before the technological fall. The scenes where they fought spaceships were pre-fall, unless you're referencing that one time the Empress fleet performed the time/space jump in and decided to conduct the Flame Rite on a remote base that was stupid enough not to recognize the Empress's symbol.

If there's anything remarkable at all in FSS, it's the bloody ass cloning tech that they somehow managed to tie in with creating a literal goddess. I mean, sure it's Nagano's waifu, but man was he dedicated.
>>
>>49616713
So, you're a Heavy Gear fan?
>>
>>49617126
Because SCIENCE! and because magic giant kung fu robots are sick.
I do wonder what Autochthon would think of the resultant monstrosity though.
>>
>>49617221
>5 seconds of invincibility

Should probably tone it down from 30 seconds, then

>juggernaut from the xmen

Might want to rewrite the perk since he can't quite soak everything it says as is.

>doppleganger

Good luck. I suggest making it so it can only copy things which adhere to normal Earth physics. Er, by the standard of Custom Robo anyway.
>>
>>49617024
Illegal parts are parts that fail to meet the in universe safety standards.

Given that I refer to diving as an 'unholy mix of technopathy and Ki', that means you are basically risking damage to your mind/soul when you get into a fight with an illegal part - either using one or having it used against you.

Mental Fortitude and Overflow can mitigate this somewhat, by providing you with a resistance to the damage/more energy, but there's no perfect way to use them.

Also, they're a double edged sword - not only is getting hit by them dangerous, but using them is too.
>>
>>49616750
Order of the Stuck has a Succubus option that a companion could afford.
>>49616775
Macross probably has something.
>>
>>49617241
Probably a mixture of pride and terror. On the one hand, it's nice to see his creations following in his footsteps. On the other, he remembers the last time his creations followed in his footsteps. And these ones are much better at it than the last group, and are proven to be effective at killing his kind.
>>
>>49617265
>Order of the Stuck
Were you thinking about Homestuck when you typed this?
>>
>>49616750
Probably using Polymorph, Permanency, and Wish from D&D could do it. I know that IIRC you can use a combo like that to turn a rock into a Human. The Wish is to make the effect inherent rather that dispellable.
>>
>>49617160
Going to have to go with >>49617226. Just because you're stronger then everyone else in the setting doesn't mean there are no challenges. For example, you can be a super sayian blue, but that won't give you the skills to give characters like Alma, Shinji, or Asriel therapy. It won't allow you to properly lead a nation, or allow you to invent a cure for cancer. There are plenty of challenges even if you're the strongest thing in the setting.
>>
>>49617282
No need for Permanency, just use Polymorph Any Object, instead.
>>
File: Concerned Survivor.gif (259KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Survivor.gif
259KB, 320x240px
>>49617226
>And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge.

I think you're understating the scale a significant number of jumps have. I mean I'm sure if we follow the previous builds Red's been doing small, non space/galactic scale jumps nor jumps with power scaling like an actual shonen or mecha or magical tech girl

You're REALLY underselling your enemies
>>
>>49617160
>spoiler
Have you ever considered changing the viewpoint character?
>>
>>49617226
>Bull-fucking-shit. I don't know if you're unable, uncomfortable, or simply unwilling to write about them, but there are many problems that simply can't be solved by raw power or martial prowess. And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge.
Red has no long range teleportation, no mind control immunity, and no ability to drop a black hole.

Number of Jumps does not equate to power level, it only does when it gets to the point where it's guaranteed that they went to a high power jump or two.
>>
>>49617304
How is he underselling them? He said they're a worthy challenge. That means he thinks they're hard even with that many jumps, not that he thinks they're easy peasy.
>>
>>49617304
Anon I don't think Chirico is the right person to associate to a "challenge". He's better associated with "IMPOSSIBLE" or "BAKA NA" or "WELL FUCK HE'S STILL ALIVE"
>>
>>49617304
How the fuck can you undersell them? They're fucking planetoid zombies, you can kill them or you can't. Some jumpers can get to the point of planetbusting long before 50 jumps.
>>
File: Sympho Missiles.gif (3MB, 341x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sympho Missiles.gif
3MB, 341x192px
>>49617326
I just implied it there, Number of Jumps does not equal level of power. I'm willing to bet I can make a 50 Jump build that doesnt exceed... Mid to Late game Naruto or Mid Toriko, with a tech level below Gundam.

Yeah there's still muscle memory and experience but that has a cap
>>
>>49616836
Adaptive Evolution is honestly pretty terrible for 600 cp, since even if you almost get killed you only get a incredibly small boost to your resistance no matter what.
>>
>>49617357
Well yeah I was just using him as a reaction image, I'm fully aware he's plot armor in blue hair and orange jumpsuit
>>
>>49617387
Well that should be pretty easy considering you guys should have at least 50 vacation jumps by now...right? Heck even an item/companion based jumper can easily hit 50 without being particularly strong.

I mean I'm agreeing with you, but I thought the point should have been common sense really.
>>
>>49617033
Missed this one

>rahu
Rahu is the final boss of Battle Revolution. His specs are suitably overpowered, to the point where you need backup from two NPC's in order to win.

Or rather, thats the Rahu III. Which is where the evolution perk comes from, seeing as he just coms back stronger.
>>
>>49617322
I considered it at one point, but I asked, one of the biggest complaints were "It would just look incredibly evil if your jumper didn't solve everything and save every person if their nature was found out", and that didn't really appeal to me.

>>49617226
>And even for a jumper 49 jumps in, the Brethren Moons could definitely pose a worthy challenge
See >>49617325, just because I have 49 jumps doesn't mean they were all high-powered jumps or that it's optimized. The most OP stuff there is forging, some FF-style magic, and a bow that just multiplies my shots. And without a bunch of mental/corruption immunity perks, strutting up to the source is a one-way ticket to Necromoph-ville. The biggest gun I have is a rifle that probably shoots fire energy or something, too. Fairly good at fighting people. Giant planetoid zombies? Not so much. So as a jumper, if the Marker itself is enough to mess me up, like fuck I'm gonna think the Moons are a safe bet.

>>49617385
>Some jumpers can get to the point of planetbusting long before 50 jumps.
Not all jumpers take the proper jumps TO get to that level.
>>
>>49617256
He did say video game logic. Maybe all the fights are super compressed or something. Or it's just thematic.
>>
>>49617394
The rahu origin also gets a 1up perk for 200 cp, so its not useless.

And if you are careful, you can end up with 124% resistance to things, which IS worth it.
>>
>>49617400
Or just 50 Action Hero level stuff and mundane level settings that are still particularly dangerous despite their mundanity. Fallout for example.

Of course, I can make a character that could feasibly, safely kill the Brethren Moons in just three jumps.
>>
>>49617409
Now, now Red, are you rebuilding the Bow again...Are you going to accidentally create female super androids in your image again
>>
>>49617400
> but I thought the point should have been common sense really.

It just seemed like the other anon was just saying "Do 50 jumps to have an inaccurate measurement of power to handle giant undead madness planets" without stating or realizing that some people's chains can avoid those settings that would give them the requirements to make it a "worthy battle"
>>
>>49617441
Okay one, fuck you for that spoiler. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Second, it is a likely outcome.
>>
>>49617426
>124%

Is this like a vidya resistance thing or do you start healing from explosions or whatever? Because the latter is kinda OP.

>>49617414
>super compressed
>thematic

Not sure how either justifies it being 6 times longer than canon?
>>
>>49617433
>3 jumps
That's 2 too many. Just go supcom and flood the universe with your army.
If you're not confident. Go LoT first and import it.
>>
>>49617409
>Not all jumpers take the proper jumps TO get to that level.
There aren't really 'proper' jumps to get to that level though. Two different jumpers can take all the same jumps and come out of it fairly different, with significant disparity in power level depending on their builds. Fuck, I could probably come up with a few very specific builds that could take down a brethren moon with nothing but 50 vacation jumps given a bit of creativity.
>>
>>49617446
Hey now, I just provide tools, it's not my fault what people decide to do with them. I mean, everybody wanted to become ridiculously large too once upon a time right...
>>
>>49617450
>vidya
does it matter? either way, you no longer take damage from whatever. personally, i want to head to SMT and un-tank a few almighty hits. and then brandish my new 100% immunity.

>thematic
robos are eight inches high. the perk last six times as long. eight times six is four. four feet is shorter than most people. quid pro quo, the perk needs a boost, not a nerf.

...thats a joke, by the way.
>>
>>49617473
supcom could still be mind controlled. Don't really know how strong the Brethren Minds are when it comes to controlling AI's after all.
>>
>>49617525
>does it matter

...yes? "You become absolutely immune with no effort" isn't a good perk.

>that's a joke

Can't say I find it funny. Seriously, just keep it as per canon.
>>
>>49617536
...Probably, not at all? Why would they be able to mind control technology?
>>
>>49617550
you become absolutely immune by dying four times. thats not really a good thing, even if it is useful.
>>
>>49617558
Because AI's are minds of course. They're basically magic already after all, they're moon sized zombie gods.
>>
>>49617304
>>49617325
This is exactly what I'm saying. At her current level, not many things in Dead Space could threaten her personally besides the BBEGs of the setting. There's no reason to not use the Jumper's full capabilities or unnecessarily scale enemies because there are still challenges in the setting. It just depends on what challenges you decide to face. Once you move beyond yourself, personal power matters less and less in determining the difficulty in a given challenge. I mean, it's great for protecting yourself and surviving; but if you actually care about other people and how they feel, you'll find there are many more challenges to face.

Like, either Superman or Spiderman might breeze through a Zombie apocalypse completely unscathed, but saving everyone or rebuilding society will be much harder without compromising their morals.

>>49617409
>It would just look incredibly evil if your jumper didn't solve everything and save every person if their nature was found out
Not necessarily. You could, for example, write a character interaction between one or two people who were really thankful for what good you did do and leave it ambiguous if you did anything else. You can make them look however evil or good you want by omission alone. Even so, it doesn't really look evil if they're aware of their inability to solve everything and still keep trying. Really if you tried to do at least some good, that'd be admirable. Ungrateful bastards are simply the worst.

You also have to remember to build worlds up to take on future crises. Do you really want people to pray for a goddess who's no longer in the same universe?

Anyway, it's not like there haven't been villain protagonists, and "evil" doesn't necessarily mean "edge-lord". A character can actually be tolerable /and/ evil.

I understand that you in particular are not extraordinarily powerful (yet), it was just the spoiler'd part that triggered me.
>>
>>49617525
>>49617550
You sure the resistances are additive? I see it as making more sense that its multiplicative.
>>
>>49617572
Explain?
>>
>>49617550
It's requires you to fight someone who is strong enough to kill you once a jump for four to five jumps. That is a pain in the ass that carries a significant danger of you actually getting sent home, not 'no effort'.
>>
>>49617566
...I'm sorry, do you not realise why a perk that only works if you lose your chain is a bad idea?

Please don't tell me the intent of this perk is to game other jumps for 1-up perks. Apart from the inherent shittiness for interjump balance there's a valid argument to be made it's still useless because those 1-ups don't count as having truly died.

>>49617572
I'm honestly not sure. It's confusing.
>>
>>49617581
And the reward is apparently absolute immuntiy to a form of attack.

Absolute.

Immunity.

Which can be upkept without effort.

I'm going to need a serious demontration from the series to justify this beyond vidya mechanics.
>>
You know, if one perk creates this sort of back and forth commotion, it'd be nice if the author (I can't tell who is the author from the crowd anymore) to actually explain his intentions with the perk, what his design philosophy was, and what room for adjustment that he personally sees in it. At least it would settle some things rather than the back and forth that's happening right now.

This isn't a particularly large jump. Scrap out all that white space and you'd probably condense it to half of its current size. That's not a bad thing. It means editing will be relatively quick, and there'll be room for quality improvements. But it does mean if this one perk gets this much scrutiny, it'd be nice to know more about it from the author's perspective.
>>
>>49617450
Because the actual length of the fights, and therefore the invulnerability, might be longer than is represented through gameplay.
>>
>>49617628
As the person who's been contributing most of the objections to this perk I wholly agree to this, because at the moment it just straight up confuses me.
>>
>>49617578
If it was additive it'd be resistance is 0% +25% +25% +25% +25% = 100%
If it was multiplicative it'd be more like it causes 100 damage then 100*.75*.75*.75 = 30 damage. If it was multiplicative then it'd take 17 deaths to get below 1% damage and the best you can get is near immune
>>
>>49617637
Okay. In that case, and this is just my opinion, I feel it is disproportionately advantageous compared with the other capstones because its' duration is longer.

I do, however, recognise there's a valid counterargument that it's offset by the fact it does nothing else.

As a compromise, I would like to suggest that to represent the fact that the chief form of attack by the robos appears to be mundane physical force and some ballistic-type weapons, that the "invincibility" offered by the perks not encompass absolutely all forms of attack ever but just "mere" physical violence and bullets and bombs. I freely admit I don't know enough about Custom Robo to tell if this is a good compromise, but I feel it's worth exploring some kind of middle ground between that and complete immunity to all forms of attack.
>>
>>49617666
They shoot energy and use miniature lasers, flamethrowers, and missiles too.
>>
>>49617681
Hmm. In that case, better idea-the perks make you immune to any form of attack represented in the game, rather than all attacks ever?

Does this sound alright?
>>
>>49617681
>>49617703

Isn't that still just physical violence?
>>
>>49617666
>>49617681
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Custom Robo about kids playing what's essentially VR Gundam duels with toys, and you have only some Robos that are actually military grade? The way you make it sound, it sounds like they're all fighting in a war and trying to murder each other (in which case I guess the whole planetary apocalypse in 100 years makes sense).

The tone of the setting seems to flip flop all over the place judging by the way people are approaching this. Is this actually a kid's game or not.
>>
>>49617708
Is Yugioh a childrens card game?
It's kind of like that.
>>
>>49617708
I don't know either! I got the impression it was a kids battle rumble royale kind of thing reading the jump, though.

>>49617706
Maybe? I guess? I'm just trying to figure out what a reasonable middle ground is, I think "mundane physical violence" is starting to sound like a reasonable definition
>>
>>49617666
Excuse me, but I'm not understanding how you're making out 30 seconds of post-death invulnerability to be so OP.
>>
>>49617703
Not the jumpmaker.

>>49617708
>>49617725
The only difference between the kid's robots and the military, mercenary, and police force robots is that they have switches on their robo cubes that let them dial them up from 'nothing' to 'stun' to 'kill'.

This jump is partially based on Battle Revolution, where you basically serve as a robo-PMC that gets hired by the cops or military to handle criminals they don't have the manpower for or don't want to risk dealing with, and you get tied up in the city's secret conspiracy and have to fight Rahu, who is literally a world ending monster of a robo who almost drove humanity to extinction.

It's only suitable you can get the actual dangerous robos, since you're not just some kid in all of the origins.
>>
>>49617728
I did specify it as "disproportionately advantageous", and I was referring to the fact it lasts a great deal longer than the other duration-based effects listed in the jump. Though-being completely immune to harm for that duration of time lets you get a LOT of free hits in, even from the perspective of someone taking this as a starting jump.

I hate to bring IRL claims into this, but as someone who has gotten into fights I can say with certainty that 30 seconds is a LONG time to turn the tables for a determined fighter even without being suddenly immune to all harm.

Hence why I'm trying to guage a good compromise definition.
>>
>>49617720
Yugioh has pretty dark moments with people getting sent into other dimensions or their minds getting so permanently raped that they might as well be dead. Are you saying that Custom Robo has the same thing? I'm just trying to get a feel for this.

>>49617725
I kind of wish there was a bit more flavor in the jump so I could figure it out. Right now the spectrum I'm seeing is from "kids VR piloting against each other" to "kids going full Warframe and playing a live war game killing the fuck out of each other but it's covered up in happy anime overtures".

If I could at least understand what the tone is supposed to be, it might explain why the whole "people die in order to become immune to death" conclusion that I'm seeing is related to Custom Robo.
>>
File: robo_cube.png (139KB, 384x450px) Image search: [Google]
robo_cube.png
139KB, 384x450px
>>49617628
The perk is intended to represent Rahu's ability to self evolve past whatever beat him last time.

So yes, 1up perks count for getting the resistance, no you will not be sent home - well, if you actually have a 1up you wont - and the Rahu origin, to whom this perk is discounted, can buy a 1up perk for 200 cp.

They get that for a reason.

I dont mind adding a cap at ninety something, or maybe changing the way it stacks, somewhat like this, >>49617652

Though to be honest, I'm trying to do that math backwards, and I'm running into the 'keep adding half, never reach double' problem.

>>49617666
With the exception of soulboost, the other capstones don't have a duration at all, which makes that somewhat irrelevant.

And for the record, the word the perk uses is 'invincibility'. So yes, physical violence. If your opponent is capable of launching a purely psychic attack, the thirty seconds are basically useless.

>>49617708
Battle Revolution, the fifth game in the timeline, takes place after the apocalypse occurs. The primary plot of the gam revolves around the fact that said apocalypse is waking back up.

Arena was a kids game, mostly. Worst thing that happened there was hadron, and he got beat fairly quickly.

Battle revolution... was not. Lots of fridge horror.
>>
>>49617754
See >>49617743

Battle Revolution's plot twist is that Rahu has exterminated all of humanity except the city. He almost destroyed the entire world before, but people were able to temporarily stop him and hide inside domes where people were basically fed false information to think everything was okay and the world wasn't a smoking unlivable ruin. Once you get outside of your dome, you realize that all the other domes have either failed, or been destroyed by Rahu and your city is the only instance of humanity in existence.
>>
>>49617743
Didn't mean to imply you were, sorry. I was just spitballing ideas.

I've definitely no objection to dangerous robos, I'm just talking about the meta perks at the moment. Unless invincibility frames exist in-universe, which I'm getting the impression they don't.

Gotta say I wouldn't have guessed that right off the bat looking at all the tournament/newbie background stuff, though.
>>
>>49617767
So the perk really is totally useless without an extra 200cp surcharge?
>>
>>49617754
Kind of. What I'm saying is that it's both a game you can play with your friends, but it's can also be serious shit. People die because of robots and illegal parts don't help matters, but it's not like more than a few are capable of that sort of thing.
>>
>>49617767
>invincibility

I don't know if this is a culture thing or if I'm tired but I thought invincibility means "completely unable to be harmed by any means possible" and I was thinking of magic, spiritual attacks, conceptual stuff etc.

But yeah, consider my objections withdrawn if it really was just meant to only cover physical violence.

>>49617754
Yeah, same here. That last part really confused me.
>>
>>49617752
>Though-being completely immune to harm for that duration of time lets you get a LOT of free hits in,
Yes, and I'm aware of that. I haven't actually played these games, but in my experience, most after-harm invincibility abilities only allow you to move around while you reconstitute yourself. I was assuming that this was also purely defense-oriented -- which if it's not already, may be a good compromise.
>>
>>49617767
>So yes, 1up perks count for getting the resistance, no you will not be sent home - well, if you actually have a 1up you wont - and the Rahu origin, to whom this perk is discounted, can buy a 1up perk for 200 cp.
I'd just go to Magicka, get a couple friends, and then spam myself with as many element and Magicks as possible.

Sure those jumps that let you resurrect yourself are rare, but they do exist. Another possible example is Dark Souls, and people die like flies in Dark Souls.
>>
>>49617768
>>49617767
You know, the more I learn about this Rahu Robo, the more questions I end up getting in terms of both the Rahu background as well as the Rahu 600 CP item. Things like can the full potential be reached without taking the perks? Or, what was it really about the Rahu that made it so different? In comparison to the other 600 CP items then, why does it seem like the Rahu is suddenly leagues above them?

The actual description of the Rahu background doesn't clarify that much.
>>
>>49617706
A lot of people take physical violence to mean punches and kicks, actual direct contact, not guns, missiles, fire, explosions, lasers, and energy blasts.
>>
>>49617800
>purely defense-orientated

You mean if you were unable to attack while invincible? Yeah, that would work for me too as a compromise.

Unfortunately it seems the jumpmaker has gone out for a bit. Probably because IIRC it's really late for most people in this thread around now, right? I keep losing track of timezones.
>>
>>49617817
I no longer remember Rahu's backstory, in regards to how it was created or by who, but as the jumpmaker said, Rahu's special ability was that it wouldn't die, and it automatically adapted every time it was beaten to be stronger than what defeated it. It was an ever adapting freakish bio-mechanical death jester robot.
>>
>>49617825
Isn't he right here >>49617767
>>
>>49617825
It's almost 4AM in the only timezone that matters. So yes it is getting late.
>>
>>49617835
Is that him? The grammer seems different. If he is, I'll feel dumb.

>>49617836
Ah. Oh well, I'll probably be awake longer than you so-preemptive goodnight, anon.
>>
>>49617825
>it's really late for most people in this thread around now
Are you a Limey?
>>
>>49617856
It's 4am on the East Coast, cali scum.
>>
>>49617856
I'ma Chink, which are to Limeys what Limeys are to Murricans from what I gather.
>>
File: Rahu_II.jpg (29KB, 354x520px) Image search: [Google]
Rahu_II.jpg
29KB, 354x520px
>>49617754
Arena take place in a normal ish world, doing normal things. You deal with a small conspiracy, and then things go back to normal.

Battle Revolution, the world ended. Two or three times, as part of the backstory. And the apocalypse is about to happen again, only this time, the super weapon that humanity built to fight it, erased their memory of it.

So yeah. You've been lied to your entire life, the world outside these wall does not exist, and its time for round three. Good luck.

FRIDGE. HORROR.

>>49617776
Pretty much, ye- >>49617810

Or not. Didn't actually think of that. That said, go ahead. The fun part of jumpchain is combo's, so if you want to do so, do so.

>>49617791
It depends on the setting and context I guess. But yes, the perk will stop anything a Robo can throw at you, from punches to lasers to explosions.

Things like magic, not so much. Its not like the manufacturers would know how to build a defense against something that isnt supposed to exist, after all.

>>49617817
Not really. The item is a set blueprint, which, while powerful, is set. The true power lies in his upgrading ability, which is what the perk is.

My personal opinion is that rahu is an upgraded form of hadron, powered by the ghost of scythe via eternal ambition. Hadron did basically eat his soul after all, and sentient AI exist in setting.

Because Rahu is bloody ridiculous.

>>49617825
Not immobile, and not gone.

>>49617832
Pic related

>>49617835
>>49617836
4 am. Thankfully, I don't have work tomorrow.

>>49617851
My grammars not exactly perfect, but I do try to have it all proper and stuff when I'm being official. Or I'm only writing one sentence.
>>
>>49617879
Ah, so that's why you speak Mandarin. I thought it was just something you chose to pursue.

So many things make much more sense now.
>>
>>49617832
Does that mean the Rahu background naturally comes with the automatic adaptation process? What does it naturally come with actually (as a form I mean)? If I understand the discount system you've set up with staggered backgrounds, it's supposed to get the first two drop in perks for free since the tree goes drop in -> robo - > rahu, but the actual 400/600 remain undiscounted?
>>
>>49617898
>Or not. Didn't actually think of that. That said, go ahead. The fun part of jumpchain is combo's, so if you want to do so, do so.
Glorious, a chill jump maker. Those are few and far between but oh so worth the wait when they do show up.
>>
>>49617898
....you realise that a 600cp perk, a capstone, that does absolutely nothing without an extra 200cp isn't a good design choice? It is in actual fact, a really bad one?
>>
>>49617898
Okay, that makes things much clearer. Sounds alright then.

Thanks for being patient! And sorry if I was a bit anal about critquing, I keep forgetting I can be incredibly dense when I go into critiquing-/jc/-things mode.

I'll have to leave critique of that other perk to other folks though, gotta actually study now.

>>49617899
Actually-I'm one of those fugly ducklings whose native tongue IS English, and took classes in Chinese as a second language.

This is bad, bad news for anyone who's more or les destined to work in HK because of how crap the living costs/job market is for the likes of me elsewhere.
>>
>>49617944
>more or les destined to work in HK
I hope for your sake that you've actually done the groundwork on what lifestyle in HK is like, and that your industry is actually alive in HK. 'Cause right now that place is not a good place to be.
>>
>>49617957
Jump #165: Warhammer 40,000: The Light of Terra
>Two of Pentacles (Taking two steps forward for every one step back.)

Okay, let's do something a little different from the usual writeup. We all know that the Light of Terra is an extensive jump, and quite honestly... rather than showing my work, a narrative seems much more in order.

Pulled in from the vacuum of space, it was obvious that something had gone wrong. Especially when I found myself subjected to vacuum again. A few times, in fact, before it relented. Once I got my bearings, I realized that I was berift of the majority of my abilities, and clearly dealing with a psychopath. It took a few moments of jogging my memory to realize where I was. At which point I found myself intensely unhappy.

>"Well, I'm bored now. Torture me."
>"Oh HELL no."
>"Whyever not?"
>"... uh. I don't have my tools! Help me find them, I'll be happy to torture you after."
>"Oh, very well. The sacrifices I make..."

And promptly noping the fuck out of there and to the bridge as quickly as possible. The space elf was clearly not the one in charge and I had to find whoever was, so I could rectify it. The captain was not what I expected. And set him free? Well... why not? If he doesn't like being adrift in space, I'll be happy to help. And also there... the Deadlight. Keeping me from using my abilities.

This is Warhammer 40,000. I'd like to live to see the end of the jump. Of COURSE I broke it.

>"Much better. Oh, and by the way, Xi'Cokemeq?"
>"Yes?"
>"Crucio."
>"Ahh! ...how delightful."
>"Okay, that's just fucked up."

Things went relatively quickly after that. I went through the ship and stretched myself rather thin, but did everything I could to repair the ship while making nice with everyone I could. The Redeemers were ... well, every who was not them were heretics and my coming was a sign of the great heresy to come, so they decided to start purging. I eliminated them with prejudice.
>>
>>49617969
Things were a bit tense with the Void Walkers and Pale Sons for a bit, but we buried the hatchet (mostly not literally) and I managed to get everyone to pull together enough to get the ship in working order. And then the next thing I knew, we were in orbit, the ship was docking with the repair platform while I was planetside with the strange mishmash of cultures that came from the Light of Terra, helping them put together some sort of civilization.

The planet was largely mountainous terrain and everything smelled a bit off, but we set up shop near the Corpsegrinder, which chewed up the fungus and algae patches that grew everywhere and produced copious amounts of delicious food for everyone. The Aceria forests made it so that it was surprisingly easy to get the raw materials for everything, as well, and the city took shape rapidly.

I took samples of those plants for safekeeping, too, because I am DEFINITELY going to be transplanting them later after I study them further.

After getting settled in and appointing leaders to run things while I ran around doing other jumper-type activities, a nasty little warp storm blew in. It... ended poorly for the space elf, who quite clearly was eaten by Slaanesh, and quite frankly I'd rather deal with a bacon-smelling cultist than that sadomasochist anyway. Even if the cultist gets killed in ridiculous and improbable ways despite my best efforts. And I'm talking actively using precognition to keep her out of trouble.

Whatever.

Quite a lot of interesting things happened - the visit to Necromunda was rather entertaining (and holy shit those were some good rolls), going out for salvage and ending up on a space hulk was amusing (and we brought the Imperials back with us planetside), and the scrap between the cultist and the four not-worshippers of Necoho was absolutely fucking hilarious. (Yeah, we left those four behind, I wanted no part of that business.)
>>
File: Raylegend.jpg (29KB, 297x520px) Image search: [Google]
Raylegend.jpg
29KB, 297x520px
>>49617904
1/2/4/6 - 2/4/6 - 4/6 ___ no discount
0/1/2/3 - 2/4/6 - 4/6 ___ base origin
0/0/1/2 - 1/2/3 - 4/6 ___ second origin
0/0/0/1 - 0/1/2 - 2/3 ___ top origin

As a default, the Rahu background comes with a Ray Legend, which is a super secret prototype to the original Ray, and is one of the few Robos capable of keeping up with Rahu, even if it does lose in the end.

>>49617910
Interjump balance isnt a thing. Or, isnt SUPPOSED to be a thing.

I could nerf it, and say that that method only gets you a 1% increase, but that would be pointless in the long run.

>>49617925
Probably. That said, the jump is almost complete, and I don't want to have to rework it. I can swap it with the 400, but thats about it.

Besides, I consider making combo's to be half the fun here. And this guy >>49617810 already found a way around it.

>>49617944
My post was so big I'm not actually sure what you're referring to, but you're welcome.

I love critique, it provides me with inspiration to make the things I have better, as well as make new things.

...and 4:10. Going to sleep. Probably won't wake up till noon or something, but I'll respond to whatever shows up then.
>>
>>49617979
Once all was said and done, we returned planetside, all the while listening to the cultist's protests.

>"Hwee hwere going to kaptoor eet for kay-oss! Hyoo rhuined eet!"
>"Nah, chaos will still win, even if it loses. Those people are still free to do what they want, worship who they want, and so on, they just aren't allowed to ruin it for everyone else. Moderation. Get it, CC?"
>"Hwee theenk so... yay! Then whee kaptoored eet for kay-oss!"
>"...sure, I'll go with that. Say, have I told you about Loki yet? He's a pretty swell guy..."

And so we got on the Light of Terra, which as a result of holding off the legions of Chaos not been very well equipped at all, and set forth. And while on the way, came across a ship that was more akin to a small continent comprised of armor floating in space.

I finally got to confirm my theory: mass-produced propulsion gel, when applied in appropriate quantities, is in fact capable of causing massive structural damage. Sure, it didn't destroy the ship, but the motion reverberated and shook the insides badly enough to render it dead in space. And if they ever get the sucker moving again, it'll have the same effect unless they actually go out and clean that orange gunk off.

And then... well, the assault. The cultist insisted we help out, and honestly if chaos is so spooked that they're willing to throw seemingly everything at this one point, then I should definitely contribute and oh hello you're a big chap aren't you Orikan.

>"You think you can best me, even now?"
>"I already have. Surely you see."
>"Preposterous!"
>"You have versions of yourself from the past and future? That's fine - I saw them before they arrived, I see the flow of battle at its conclusion. The story was already written by your hand."
>"Such delusions, such blasphemy-"
>"Such a windbag."
>>
>>49617981
>I can't be bothered fixing my capstone
Seriously? Seriously? Your answer to admitting that one of the most important perks in your jump is useless is 'deal with it, I don't care'?
>>
Question for the Mortal Gauntlet.

>DOUBLE DISCOUNTS MEANS THE FIRST PURCHASES IS FREE (ONE HALF, MINIMUM FOR ANY 800 CP PERKS)
>(ONE HALF, MINIMUM FOR ANY 800 CP PERKS)
What does that mean?
>>
>>49617985
The battle, as I told him, was a foregone conclusion no matter how close it was at times, and how long it took to claim my victory. Hours. Days. Hard to say. But I've travelled beside the Doctor when time itself was used as a weapon, Orikan's manipulations were nothing new and I knew how to counter them. Honestly, the most challenging part of that was trying to keep the cultist alive. Were it not for the ability to have multiple copies of myself running at once, it would not have happened, either.

And to the sound of the laughter of mad gods, I find myself moved to another part of this universe, this whole course of action unmade thanks to Orikan's own idiocy... and though I lose most of what I didn't put in the warehouse thanks to the shenanigans of Orikan trying to play god, when I next open my eyes, the cultist is standing next to me, looking perplexed.

How very interesting.
>>
>>49617991
It means that if you have two discounts the first purchase is free and each after that is half off.
800cp perks can only be reduced to half off even if you do have more discounts so no capstone freebies for you.
>>
>>49618000
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>49617981
>Being this fucking lazy
>Using inter jump balance to justify being this fucking lazy, despite saying inter jump balance isn't a thing in the same post
Great, another useless jump maker. Just when I had some hope we'd get some new blood with actual talent. Fuck off already man.
>>
>>49618017
Buddy, you know that in wanting a person to improve, the first thing you have to do is actually give them a chance right? Heck the first jump I made was fucking shit. Everybody has to start off somewhere, I don't think this was necessarily that bad. I mean it isn't polished, and there are parts that could be made better, but I'm talking from the perspective of someone who has made 25+ jumps. Improvement takes time.
>>
>>49617987
What would I replace it with? Thats the problem.

The perk may not be prefect, but a way to use it is in the jump. I realize you don't like the 200 'surcharge', but there's not much I can do about that. I could merge the two together, but then its not a 600 cp perk anymore, its an 800. And that causes me more problems than it solves.

So... Make a suggestion. I posted almost all my perks here, asking what people thought.

I DON'T want to be rude, but stop complaining about the problem and start helping me fix it.

>>49618017
Going to magicka cracks AE wide open, and there's nothing I can do to stop that.

Well, I guess I could say 'it only works with 1up perks, but that would just piss >>49617987 off as actively working against him.

>4:30.
Fuck.
>>
>>49618045
It also take improving, instead of saying "fuck it, I'm done".
>>
File: blink-blink.gif (987KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
blink-blink.gif
987KB, 400x225px
>>49617525
>un-tank
Huh?
>>
>>49618064
Your post >>49618017 consisted of an insult, and nothing more. If you'd tried to offer a way to fix the problem, I'd probably take it. But you didn't.

>>49618075
Purposefully die to farm resistance upgrades?
>>
>>49618094
How is it his fault you can't be bothered fixing a problem in your own jump? You acknowledged it was a problem, it's not fair that you put the onus on everyone else to fix it for you. That's is your job here dude.
>>
File: The_Rock_.jpg (481KB, 1579x1079px) Image search: [Google]
The_Rock_.jpg
481KB, 1579x1079px
Is anyone really interested in doing the Warhammer 40,000 Jump: Freelancer jumper? It doesn't seems to be by far the hardest End Jump, I would argue that it's one of the easiest (you really only need Supreme Commander and visiting a few other settings to stomp the whole galaxy), but at the same time it doesn't really offers anything new for the Jumper as an End Reward.
>>
>>49618063
Your problem right now is that this perk in question is being seen as a "additional add on mandatory" perk by some people. You have therefore, at least two approaches you can use to tackle the problem.

The first approach is to remove the notion that you need a supplementary perk on top of it. Change the nature so that it doesn't need a 1UP, while maintaining the same core concept of progressive adaptation. The exact wording is another thing you seem to struggle with, given the large ambiguity you have in your descriptions. But that can only be addressed by writing more, and figuring out why that is.

The second approach is to stop thinking of your jump structure in terms of a mirror structure, which may be why you see the "800 CP perk possibility" as being a problem. Consider what having a mirror structure for CP balancing actually does for you, and weigh it against whether this perk is worth the trouble of trying to squeeze it in.

The underlying issue, from my perspective, is partly due to the fact that you have a very limited pool of perks to draw from, and your ladder background structure doesn't particularly help things. Generally when you create layers of either perks, items, or backgrounds, that's already introducing CP sinks. But if you have CP sinks, but not enough perks otherwise, then there's nothing to balance it out. Suddenly the "weight" of that CP sink becomes much more significant and much more noticeable to people.

I'm not sure if this is your first jump, since I haven't been in this place for quite some time already, and lots of these new faces I don't really recognize. But if it is, while I commend you for trying something like a ladder background setup, I also kind of feel like you set up this trap for yourself to fall into. I already felt this way when you mentioned previously that you didn't have enough 600 CP perks. Now it's a bit more apparent than before.
>>
>>49618094
1. Not my post.
2. You literally said "That said, the jump is almost complete, and I don't want to have to rework it." The only reason you aren't fixing it is because you're to lazy or apathetic to.

As Manyfist and Tera have shown, time doesn't make a good jumpmaker, effort does, and if you aren't going to put in that effort don't fucking bother because we don't need more of them around.
>>
>>49618063
Here's the problem. Buying the perk does nothing. You are spending 600cp on nothing. You can say it's not a 600cp perk if you add the 200cp price to it but right now it's not a 600cp perk either because it. does. nothing. All the other origins have an actual capstone. One that works for 600cp. This one? Does not. This is a basic failure on your part. It is not on me to clean up after you. This is your jump, if something doesn't work (And you personally agreed it does not) then you need to fix it. Or else you might as well just combine the 200cp with the 600cp and make all the capstones worth 800.

I MIGHT think of something over the next few minutes and if I do, I'll post it. But you need to get off your ass and think about it too because this is what you should be doing, especially since you fucking agreed it was a problem.
>>
>>49618133
No not really. It kind of sucks to be honest.
There's no real reason to take it since it's an endjump of a setting that has 4 other jumps for it that doesn't give anything to make it worthwhile. I guess the thematics of ending in 40k might be appealing to some though.

Really though the fact that it's a mandatory endjump kills almost all the chance that someone will actually jump it.
>>
>>49618133
That jump is fucking garbage and basically I don't even think it should be considered a jump. Not even because it's an endjump it's just shit.
There's no perks, no substance, and it's basically the parts of LoT that nobody bothered reading where you minmax the ship and gear.
Not to mention that the Warrent does fuck all or is a net negative in how it works.
>>
>>49618094
Why don't you just make the 1 up the 600? It's almost always 600cp in all other jumps and it'd be way easier to think of a new 200cp.
>>
>>49617536
Actually, SupCom tech does include psychic shielding, as it was basically SOP for the Aeon Illuminate's initial expansion into UEF space to turn up at UEF worlds and mind-whammy the locals from orbit, no muss no fuss. In the "present", centuries later, a UEF ACU gets severely crippled and its defences go offline but the self-destruct doesn't go off, and the Aeon Princess (basically an Alpha+ telepath in W40K terms, converts the pilot to the Way in seconds. From another star system.

No lore on whether the stuff is man-portable (though it wouldn't surprise me) or what power-to-defence ratio is required to stop mook telepaths vs Aeon Princesses.
>>
>>49618133
I'm thinking on taking it. An Old-walker spark on itself is pretty much a great reward, and considering that you will unlock lots of things with it, it's more than worthwhile doing a 'safe' End Jump.

Because let's examine the other Jumps:

>TTGL offers no real reward right now and forces you to save someone from a Great Old One
>Tenchi makes you kill the literal GOD, either by murdering it or preventing it from being born. And then survive 20 years of being chased by 3 over-gods who can create multiverses like the one you're standing with a mere thought. You could simply spend those years in your warehouse, but still.
>Asura's Wrath doesn't really offer anything as well and I already Jumped a long time ago.
>Dragon Ball makes you fight tougher enemies until you face one that you have literally a 0% chance of wining to get your spark. That means you need to fight enemies who will stomp you, but as long as you have a 0,001% chance of winning you need to win.
>Homestuck has some nice rewards, but pits you against an absolute immortal guy who spends his time destroying universes and multiverses for fun.

You get to exterminate the Tau and head home safely. What's not to love?
>>
>>49618229
Don't forget DeSu2 drawback which has you fight an asshole with the universe's car keys and five less strong but still bullshit guys for the fate of the world.
Probably one of the better rewards as well with the factors if you decide to end it.

Heroic Age exists as well and has some shway stuff you can't get without ending the chain. Kind of arbitrary on that but it is what it is.
And if we're going to complete the list there's always bomberman.
>>
>>49618229
>TTGL
Apart from uncapped Spiral Energy, something that doesn't grow over time, just with how determined you are?

>Tenchi
>Kill GOD
Think you've misinterpreted stuff here. It's nowhere near as hard as you think. Just make Tenchi and maybe Z look unsuitable then survive for 10 years. The Chousin then just become interested, they don't try to kill you.

>Asura's Wrath
No endgame option.

>Dragonball
And when you reach one you can't beat, you get a shounen power up and your spark and beat them. This, as people have pointed out, is the easiest one out of any end jump because it basically railroads you into doing one sort of thing, basically guaranteeing you get your spark even if you lose to the level 5 farmer at the start of Z.

>Homestuck
Fuck if I know.
>>
>>49618274
You get your spiral energy uncapped regardless of what endjump you take.
KOTOR anon mentioned that the last time people asked.
You get it uncapped early just for taking the end scenario though.
>>
>>49618290
Huh. Fair enough.
>>
>>49618229
The advantage of taking DBZ is because there's no other way to take it as a jump. The others you can do and just not take them as an endjump.
>>
>>49618274
>Think you've misinterpreted stuff here. It's nowhere near as hard as you think. Just make Tenchi and maybe Z look unsuitable then survive for 10 years. The Chousin then just become interested, they don't try to kill you.

You're making it sound a way to easy. Tenchi-god form went to the past and unlocked part of its abilities, as well as took the Anti-Chousin with him to save his past self. What makes you think that he can't do it you, an OOC tries to kill him?

>And when you reach one you can't beat, you get a shounen power up and your spark and beat them. This, as people have pointed out, is the easiest one out of any end jump because it basically railroads you into doing one sort of thing, basically guaranteeing you get your spark even if you lose to the level 5 farmer at the start of Z.

That's not what it says. It says that you get the spark when you're outclassed. Actively losing is not going to get you a spark.

>>49618270
>Probably one of the better rewards as well with the factors if you decide to end it.
A great reward, yes. Completely forgot about.
>>
>>49618274
>Just make Tenchi and maybe Z look unsuitable then survive for 10 years. The Chousin then just become interested, they don't try to kill you.
>"just"

Of course, you have to do that in such a way that the Chousin don't figure out it was you that sabotaged the experiment.
>>
>>49618387
>Great reward
It's pretty fucking powerful, especially since it includes authority over the DeSu 2 multiverse, as well as every setting that you've jumped.
>>
>>49618387
>Kill
Again, you seem to completely miss how you don't need to kill him. Just stop him completing the experiment. The jump specifically talks about this.

>Outclassed
And as long as you keep fighting, you'll eventually get outclassed. heck, if you really want to be pendantic just go challenge frieza on jump 1. Bam. Outclassed.

>>49618390
Sure, but with jump fiat perks it's not impossible. Without certain perks...eh, I wouldn't risk it personally.
>>
>>49618404
>Again, you seem to completely miss how you don't need to kill him. Just stop him completing the experiment. The jump specifically talks about this.

Not killing him but disrupting his ascension (the experiment) still means that Kami-tenchi won't be born. And I think that an extra-dimensional being might get a little cranky about non-existing.

Not gonna reply to the other thing, you're simply not getting it.

>>49618400
I took the scenario fairly late on my chain (Jump 300 something) but I kept jumping to add more universes to the Throne.
>>
>>49618400
>>49618440
You guys know you can add new universes to the thrones catalog after the chain ends right?
DeSuanon said you could if you managed to enforce your authority over them.
Although the actual mechanics of that were uncertain so you'll have to ask him if you need specifics.
>>
>>49618440
Yeah, pretty sure you've never seen Tenchi Muyo now.

Great argument.
>>
>>49618440
>Kept jumping
You..can't? You do know you need to end your chain there if you want that specific part of the reward? As anon explains, you can add things but it's a lot harder/more complicated.
>>
>>49618458
No that's just the factors. You get the throne regardless it just doesn't do anything until you get your spark.
>>
>>49618465
Ah, my mistake. Always found that confusing.
>>
>>49618451
I think he said if you got a majority of the people in the setting to accept your authority in some way the universe would fall under the Throne's authority.

>>49618458
Actually, it's only the Factors that you don't get if you end it there. You keep the Throne and the Akashic Record even if you keep jumping.
>>
>>49618476
>Majority
That doesn't really seem enough for the effect it's getting desu. If you're getting authority over the whole universe you should be getting the whole universe to accept it or at least have no one deny it.
>>
>>49618465
What exactly do the factors do? Do you get complete control over time for instance?
>>
>>49618489
The Factors give you complete control over Time, Space, Heat, and Force. Canopus was able to, according to Alcor, perfectly counter any attack and perfectly kill anyone it wanted dead. The only way to even render you vulnerable would be if someone glitched out reality or something.

>>49618484
Eh, I did say I think. Asking DeSu anon is probably a better idea.
>>
What are some low level jumps with willpower perks?
>>
>>49618503
Oh, no insult intended to you anon. Was just thinking aloud about it I guess?
>>
>>49618520
Undertale, of course, and...uh...I actually can't think of any low powered jumps with willpower perks. Weird.

>>49618525
We're good anon, I get you. Just saying clarifying that I wasn't sure either. Then again, I imagine it might depend on your definition of majority, because if he did say that maybe he meant most of the setting? Like you have the Galactic Empire, or Jumper Administration in this case, and then you have rebels, but you're still controlling pretty much everything and the rebels are in hiding. Or something.
>>
>>49618520
Ravenloft kind of. It's D&D, but not bullshit D&D.
>>
>>49618440
You don't have to stop Tenchi from becoming Kami-tenchi, you have to stop the Chousin from discovering he has the potential to do so. Ryoko can also exceed the required level of power for the experiment, but she needs like a thousand years or something for her power to mature. So just don't put her on the path to doing so, keep Tenchi from going on space adventures, and wait for Tokimi to lose interest in Z. There is more to it, but just keeping Tenchi, and Ryoko from doing anything really interesting is about all it takes.
>>
...y'know what I'm not sure if people realise, and why I've skipped Desu 2 as an endjump?

The former Administrator who held authority over the world is potentially utterly thwarted by a couple of plucky kids and their eccentric adult lady friends. All because of ONE glitch in the system.

Say what you like about Oldwalkers, but I never heard of an Oldwalker getting taken down because his pets talked to the wrong gaggle of Japanese teenagers.
>>
>>49618542
I guess it depends on what authority entails? In your example, it seems a bit silly if you can instantly command even anyone who resists as long as you have the majority on your side.

Heck, what does the authority part entail anyway? Comes off a little vague (Though personally I think the factors were badly explained on top of that too)
>>
>>49618554
Basically: There's this big multiversal computer that controls the fundamental forces and probability on a multiversal scale through technology that barely gets an explanation, and you have administrator access to it.

You are basically Moot if Moot had a couple of god-shaped henchbots as mods.

You are the ultimate final form of Moot.
>>
File: moothattan.jpg (146KB, 783x796px) Image search: [Google]
moothattan.jpg
146KB, 783x796px
Ah, THERE we go.

Yeah, this is basically you after the Desu2 endjump.
>>
>>49618571
So...what's the difference between that and the factors? Shouldn't you be able to basically do anything the factors can do with the authority part if it works like that?
>>
>>49618553
Well presumably jumpers will have hundreds of jumps worth of stuff as well to deal with the inevitable swarm of jrpg protagonists trying to dethrone them so it's less of a problem.

I like the throne and factors for the convienience angle, rather than for the powerlevels anyways because if you can take the drawback and win you probably already have the means to kick any ass you want.
>>
File: Asura's_Wrath_Chakravartin.jpg (218KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Asura's_Wrath_Chakravartin.jpg
218KB, 1024x724px
>>49618553
That's why you complement your authority with another min/maxed 500 jumps.
>>
>>49618553
It's also SMT though. Remember, this is the same setting where universe busters get their shit kicked in by ONE Japanese teenager, and his demons. Also, I think you're forgetting that it was a glitch in REALITY, and also that it took some help from the being that invented fire.

>>49618585
An Administrator can mess with the stuff the Factors cover, but someone with the Factors just flat out controls them. Plus, DeSu anon said that Administrators can't use their reality warping powers in battle (except for some of the endings where Polaris manages to undo all the damage done to her through conceptual bullshit, however the group wasn't aiming to kill her in those endings and those aren't canon), where as someone with the Factors can.
>>
>>49618546
>You don't have to stop Tenchi from becoming Kami-tenchi, you have to stop the Chousin from discovering he has the potential to do so. Ryoko can also exceed the required level of power for the experiment, but she needs like a thousand years or something for her power to mature. So just don't put her on the path to doing so, keep Tenchi from going on space adventures, and wait for Tokimi to lose interest in Z. There is more to it, but just keeping Tenchi, and Ryoko from doing anything really interesting is about all it takes.

That's sounds a way harder than stabbing the kid and hiding in your warehouse.
>>
File: mootfasa.jpg (27KB, 677x403px) Image search: [Google]
mootfasa.jpg
27KB, 677x403px
>>49618585
Nah, see-it's unclear exactly HOW the superdupercomputer works, but somehow the factors are a critical part of how it does what it does. It's like the source code, if you will. Or captcha. Stealing them means while people can't necessarily beat you automatically, they CAN challenge you.

>>49618589
>>49618595
Fair points. I'm just saying it's basically the Windows 10 of multiversal operating systems.

Compared to, for example, the nWOD God-Machine's Android. And while there's no jump for it, I guess Hyperion's Technocore would be the Mac OS because like the Mac OS it's force of pure malevolence as far removed from human coexistence as we are from not being stabbed brutally and impaled on a giant metal tree.
>>
>>49618639
The funniest thing to me was that Canopus was weaker then Polaris. Like, what? I mean, it should have been at least level 80, if not higher. Most people will be on New Game Plus when they fight it, and if not? Well, this is a JRPG. Grinding is an option.
>>
>>49618639
Use that perk from Young Justice so your powers can't be lessened or stolen.That way the factors can't be taken from you.
>>
>>49618658
It kinda makes sense to me.

Canopus is just a tool. A very powerful tool, but one you stole the source code to and exploited the glitch of ruthlessly.

Meanwhile Polaris was the programmer in charge of Canpus. It could actually think up strategies to use against you even if technically speaking a programmer is worse at crunching numbers than a supercomputer.
>>
>>49618677
I'm not sure if that's how that works. The Factors are physical artifacts, and given how the Throne works they're less part of you and more part of the infrastructure that is Canopus.

Feel free to ask YJanon for clarification if you don't buy my reasoning though.
>>
>>49618685
DeSu anon said you have direct control over the Factors, so it should fall under that, I think. Oh, not that anon, by the way.

>>49618682
I suppose that's true, but it feels anti-climactic that this thing, this being older then the Administrators themselves, the Divine Order of the Universe, which has been getting all this buildup and hype, fell so 'easily'.
>>
>>49618624
The problem is getting into your warehouse before the Chousin find you. Plus given how Tench is the nascent form of a god apparently as high above the Chousin as they are above mortals you'd better hope theres no chance that being put in a situation where he'd die would awake his powers.
>>
>>49618701
I dunno man. I've got direct control over a Steel Longsword +5 I own and hold in my hand but I'm not assuming the Drain No perk stops people nicking it.
>>
File: Purple trolls happy times.png (29KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Purple trolls happy times.png
29KB, 500x350px
>>49618722
Import factors as Jujus then.

Or fuse them with one of your existing ones.
>>
>>49618685
>>49618722
Why not get an anti theft perk?
Monster hunter has a cheap one and I think Elona has one as well.
Nobody can steal them then.
>>
>>49618624
It's not that hard if you are familiar with the series, and for the most part it amounts to not letting Tenchi go into space. Also you might want to avoid any situation where Ryoko or Washu are abducted, or force Tenchi to stay home if they are abducted, through some means or another. If he goes on a space adventure, particularly if it is to rescue someone, you're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>49618731
Can you alter Jujus though? With the being unable to be destroyed thing are you able to change them in any manner?
>>
>>49618731
Would be handy if you got them before you sparked.

>>49618738
This is probably the better option, though it might depends on how far anti theft stuff extends. Is it just on your person or is anything you own anywhere applicable?
>>
>>49618722
>>49618738

FFTA also has one relatively cheap.
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (66KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
66KB, 1440x1080px
>>49618755
Lil' Cal suffered a great deal of modifications.
>>
File: 1475102063094.jpg (161KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475102063094.jpg
161KB, 1000x800px
>>49618722
>>49618731
>>49618738
>>49618756
Can you just, you know, eat them and assimilate them?

Then they would be part of your biology, and part of your own power.
>>
>>49618731
What's juju from? Because I'm guessing it's not the feminine hygeine product that showed up as first result when I googled the term.
>>
>>49618773
22.No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head.
Eating the mechanisms responsible for the existence of time,space,heat and force sounds like an insanely bad idea.
>>
>>49618788
Nah it's fine just use a key crest.
>>
>>49618773
You might not even need to do that, depending on what DeSu anon meant by direct control over them. But if they're separate, then...well, the Factor of Heat was an entire map/battlefield.
>>
>>49618756
You could import the Throne. Aren't the Factors part of the Throne?

>>49618775
Sburb.
>>
>>49618794
You know that doesn't actually let you use more energy, it just limits stuff to an amount you can handle.
>>
>>49618804
Not exploding is still a plus.
>>
>>49618804
I'm more concerned about what eating the basic foundation of reality would do exactly. I can't see any way it doesn't end horribly. On the plus side it would be a hilarious way for reality to end.
>>
>>49618798
I really doubt it given how you only get them if you stay in DeSu after the scenario.
>>
>>49618765
Is it possible to copy them with Cheat Mode? Fusing them with stuff could be useful to ensure they can't be permanently destroyed.
>>
Is MinecraftAnon still around? I thought there was talk of the Minecraft jump getting an update but I might be getting mixed up with Terraria.
>>
>>49619113
He's been gone for years.
>>
>>49619116
Well. That sucks.
>>
>>49618705
>>49618751
Reminder that you also have to stop the Chousin from learning about Jumpchan. So the second any Chousin uses their omniscience to scan your brain and reverse engineer what you know from the exact position and state of every cell inside it, you loose. So you have to make sure you and all your companions are covered by an Sburb Void aura for all three jumps and you can't have taken that Drawback that gives you Tokimi as a companion.
>>
Jumpers, important bit to understand.

With the Jumpchain? There are no stakes. Nothing, nothing at stake!

By taking drawbacks that have a villain hijack your chain you, yourself, put the whole world at stake!

Farewell, Jumper! Or die trying!
>>
>>49616772
>You know this will only keep happening if you keep yourself weak.
>keep yourself
Wait, I thought your jumper didn’t have any control over where they were going?
>>
File: blank8.png (290KB, 630x542px) Image search: [Google]
blank8.png
290KB, 630x542px
>>49619824
Go away Nyarlathotep, some of us actually have lives.
>>
>>49619842
Hey, ASA, guess what? During the final dungeon in SMT IV Apocalypse, a literal horde of Metatrons appears. Apparently YHVH mass produces him now.
>>
>>49619906
I will soon create a gif to express this
>>
>>49616772
Thanks, nice read.
>smug hallucination/asshole
Is this someone particular? I don't think they've quite grokked the whole "there's always a bigger fish" problem.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 990x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 990x1080px
>>49619906
Am I the only one who thinks Metatron would look better with long "hair?"

I mean
>>
>>49619937
I feel like Heaven Dio would be a more suiting look for YHVH's human form/avatar. Aside from the obvious (Dio being god/God and Heaven), their arrogance and attempts to rewrite reality seem to match.
>>
File: USM_Logo.png (134KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
USM_Logo.png
134KB, 500x281px
Little bit of an update, I originally thought I may be able to get a fairely decent WiP by the weekend or early this week but it doesn't look like its in the cards. I have mapped out most of the perk trees I just need an idea for a 200cp drop-in perk and finish writing them up. So maybe soon I can at least preview the perk tree.
>>
>>49619979
Who are you basing Drop-In on?
>>
>>49619979
>200cp drop-in perk
Maybe a perk that let's you have more “crossover” events? Something like your more likely to run across the local heroes when they could use your help, and if you do help them, it will put you on their good side.
>>
File: blank6.png (242KB, 748x613px) Image search: [Google]
blank6.png
242KB, 748x613px
>>49619906
What.

How? Pulling alternate versions through from the Expanse? Angelic splicing? Or did he just pull some out of nowhere?

>>49619937
I dunno, Lucifer does don a similar look near the end of SMT 2

>>49619967
But YHVH's too bald to pull off the Heaven Dio look
>>
>>49619979

Something like Stan lee's Cameo king? where you might find a normal copy of yourself in the background as a semi important person
>>
>>49620143
I am against this simply due to the incredibly high likelihood of jumpers killing themselves.
>>
>>49620105
He pretty much just pulls them out of nowhere. Also, Metatron's mechanical nature is really focused on, and he's referred to as an archangel. So that's a thing.
>>
>>49617581
Great that is why equipment jumping and companions help.
>>
>>49619991
The more Cloudcuckoolander and fourth way antics of the series. The capstone is a perk that compartmentalizes some parts your psyche into semi-independent figures that can give advice and help in certain situations. The 400 perk is being unpredictable to taskmaster like bullshit.
>>49620037
That could work.
>>
>>49620156

It won't affect you anon it would be a copy not the original so you wouldn't have to worry if they die or not.
>>
>>49618229
>offers no real reward right now
I never really understood this. Why do you feel like you need an extra reward when, as people have pointed out multiple times, it's the end of your journey and you can do literally whatever you want.

Also I'm almost done writing the new endgame scenario for Gurren Lagann. It should be done once I'm back from work.
>>
>>49618553
Actually that legitimately happened to one of them in the old mtg books, a white mana planeswalker made a plane of only white mana and no black to balance it and ended up dead because another planeswalker let in yawgmoth (as a normal humie)
>>
>>49618229
>an absolute immortal guy who spends his time destroying universes and multiverses for fun.
He only really sounds strong on paper.
>>
>>49620261
To be fair isn't Yawgmoth basically the MtG version of Dr. Doom mashed up with the Overmind?

You can say a lot about SMT protags, but none of them strike me as Dr. Doom.
>>
>>49620300
Kinda but at that point he was just a crazy surgeon/scientist.
>>
>>49620312
I'm just saying-the most your average SMT protag has going for him is Frisk-like DETERMINATION and harem protagonist-like popularity with the latest batch of waifus. They're not exactly regarded as competant before their crazyass heritage kicks in, whereas from what I heard before his godhood this Yawgmoth guy was a resourceful sort even if he was loco.
>>
>>49620367
Thats fair.
>>
>>49620156
>>49620143

I am for this just for the likelyhood of me becoming my own mini benefactor.
>>
>>49620105
>>49619967
Yes but it's Heaven Ascension DIO.

And what is Metatron? A man who never died, Enoch and was taken to heaven alive to ascend into the top angel
>>
Kinda new here so I am gonna ask. Where can I find good enchanting stuff? Perks or items or whatever. Freeform stuff is preferred.
>>
>>49620419
Pfft according to your heretical religion maybe.
>>
>>49619937
What about Babel's third head?
>>
>>49620367
That's not exactly true. Aside from the Hero of SMT 1 and the Demi-Fiend, most SMT protagonists have several skills aside from their whole conceptual hero nonsense. For example:
>Aleph is a skilled fighter
>Flynn has samurai training as well as numerous life skills from his time as a Casualry.
>The protagonist of Soul Hackers is a, well, hacker
>Do we even need to go into Raidou's case? Dude's buff even without his supernatural abilities, with special training from both his family and the government
>Space Marine from Strange Journey is a highly trained, highly skilled soldier
There are other examples as well.
>>
>>49620513
>Space Marine from Strange Journey
For the Emprah?
>>
Are male drow able to be trusted? I mean of course you can't trust female drow but what about the guys?
>>
File: Space Marine.png (233KB, 305x803px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine.png
233KB, 305x803px
>>49620551
For the Emprah and Humanity.
>>
>>49616853
Or you can enchant your Mecha so it can do crazy shit like fly, transform into fire, or teleport.
>>
>>49620557
Not if they're a trap.
>>
File: wind leaf city.png (315KB, 1600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
wind leaf city.png
315KB, 1600x1920px
so, Chapter two, and an all nighter for getting a map of the 'birthtown' done

http://pastebin.com/LMkTrDBu
>>
Hey jumpers,

Sun or no sun?
>>
File: Praise the sun.jpg (695KB, 1152x1153px) Image search: [Google]
Praise the sun.jpg
695KB, 1152x1153px
>>49620831
Praise it
>>
>>49620831
Waifu it
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 299x168px
>>49620831
NO SUN!
>>
>>49620872
Well she is pretty hot
>>
File: 20c.png (195KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
20c.png
195KB, 680x383px
>>49620831
Daughter.
>>
File: Robo_logo.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Robo_logo.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>49618202
>600 cp - Down, Rebirth
The thing about Custom Robos is, they don’t actually break very easily. Battles are won via a hitpoint system, and in the end the Robo is probably a little dirty, but not damaged. Flat out breaking a Robo is either something done outside of battle, or as a consequence of illegal parts. You can take this a step farther. Once per jump - or once every 100 years - you can self resurrect yourself - or, ‘Rebirth’, if you prefer - with thirty seconds of invincibility.

The 1up IS 600 cp. Due to the way discounts work, the Rahu origin gets it for 200 cp.

>>49618148
>600 cp - Adaptive Evolution
Rahu, over the course of the several hundred years between Arena and Battle Revolution, got his ass kicked in multiple times. And every time made him stronger, not just from learning how to fight better, but also from upgrading his ‘weak points’ until they weren't anymore. This power is now your power. Whenever you die, you now gain a permanent 25% resistance to the thing that dealt the final blow - if it was an explosion, you are now 25% fireproof. If you actually have to work for your win, and survive with the metaphorical 1hp left over, the perk will still work, but you will be lucky to get an additional 1% resistance to whatever dealt the most damage to you.

You know, I did actually include a way for it to work without a 1up perk?

>If you actually have to work for your win, and survive with the metaphorical 1hp left over, the perk will still work, but you will be lucky to get an additional 1% resistance to whatever dealt the most damage to you.

>>49618116
Ultimately, I don't want you to do my job for me. What I want you to do is say something that gives me a flash of inspiration to solve the problem.
>>
>>49620654
neat
>>
>>49620976
Over-lewd
>>
>>49619928
It's someone in particular, yes. It's an oddity though, but when push comes to shove the Marker uses someone dead who can influence you.

>>49619839
They don't. But there's plenty of definitions and perspectives on what makes a person 'weak'. The determination to carry out your actions, or the discarding of morality, or still thinking of yourself as the same as others despite being the complete opposite, that sort of thing. One person might think strength would be shown in saving everyone, while another might think strength is shown by leaving everyone to their fate, as if they were strong themselves then they would have gotten out of it. It almost doesn't matter which definition the apparition is using, the point is they're taking advantage of a situation that's taxing the mind.
>>
>>49620831
There is nothing more hilarious than the looks on peoples faces when you raise the sun to take care of annoying vampires.
>>
>>49620976
...source?
>>
File: 1471217459849.gif (13KB, 215x144px) Image search: [Google]
1471217459849.gif
13KB, 215x144px
>>49620831
TAIYOOOOOOOOOH!

Get on the fucking treadmill
>>
>>49621084
That's still pretty god awful compared to other capstones. At best 1 percent increase in resistance for nearly biting it? Not at all worth 600 or even 400 cp.
>>
>>49621561
At this point, you need to just tell him what kind of shit you expect. You're getting so picky and demanding.
>>
>>49621561
You want some cheese with your whine?
>>
>>49621645
The complaints have been noticeably more petty lately.
>>
>>49621729
I'm guessing it's one guy. Could be the shitposter trying his hardest to drive out jumpmakers by petty pestering and whining, or it could just be some impatient, childish asshole who does is petty because he's never happy about anything.
>>
>>49620293
He is hyped up the whole series, by literal gods who claim to be far weaker than him. The moment he appears he kills the entire main cast along with the dimension they were currently in and the chain of events needed to invoke him end with the destruction of the troll universe.

He is not only strong on paper.

>>49620243
I commended that the spark itself is a great reward, but if there're no extra rewards I would prefer to play safe.

Waiting to see those ending game scenarios.
>>
File: Chara classsic.png (466KB, 537x690px) Image search: [Google]
Chara classsic.png
466KB, 537x690px
>>49618553
>Get your spark, Administrator powers kick in
>Have Reality Hacker from webmage
>Be a virus in Hyperdimension Neptunia
>Be high-end virus Digimon
>Have a shitload of DETERMINATION
>Become a glitch in every reality you visit
>>
File: Yes Sun.gif (294KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Yes Sun.gif
294KB, 250x250px
>>49620831
Sun.
>>
Hey Spyro you fattygon, did you have that other WIP for PAD. I want to take a look at it.
>>
File: Mosaic-runechartupgraded.jpg (531KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mosaic-runechartupgraded.jpg
531KB, 1000x1000px
>>49621480
Hay Heavens, does Intensify! from Tales of Phantasia stack with Magic Circle from Tales of Symphonia?
>>
File: fat_dragon.gif (23KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
fat_dragon.gif
23KB, 500x378px
>>49621955
Dont bully the dragon!
>>
>>49620557
Only the nobles & those who go to the wizarding/cleric schools are the ones you can't trust. These areas are highly competitive, and involves a lot of jockeying to get noticed. Advancing through the ranks requires killing the person above you.

Commoners can be trusted, because there's no drive to be noticed. Like wise the soldiers are pretty solid, as you can't have your armies backstabbing one another. Lastly the Bregan D'aerthe are pretty friendly & non-Starscream like, so long you can establish friendly contact with them.
>>
>>49622024
Perks do not interact with perks from other jumps.
>>
File: low energy bait.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low energy bait.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>
>>49621084
It looks fine.
>>
File: love_ya_spyro.png (674KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
love_ya_spyro.png
674KB, 1000x1000px
>>49622042
Always bully the dragon!
>>
>>49622065
huh?
>>
Are there any jumps that are basically just our world? No magic or supertech?
>>
>>49621645
I expect the capstones to be roughly on par with each other. Maybe reword it so that taking damage gives noticeable/slight resistance boost, almost dieing a large boost, and actually dieing an enormous boost.
>>
>>49622304
See >>49622105
>>
>>49622337
Lots. YouTube. West Wing. Mad Men. Three Star. Otoyomegatari, if we are talking about all the possible times. Civilization, if we are talking about ALL THE TIMES.
>>
>>49622024
It's the same universe, so it's basically two of the same thing. Whether or not that makes them even better is up to you. I'd say it's valid to say so, personally, but it depends on your chain and loadout.
>>
>>49622385
>>49622024
Forgot to add this. To clarify, it's the same as stacking perks in both Avatars, like Double Genius or just the same bending types. Same universe, same physics. So having both perks might make you even better at it, or just give it a raw increase in potency. Fanwank it, basically.
>>
>>49622383
What is 3 star?
>>
>>49622469
A Gauntlet where you run a restaurant.
>>
File: kekeke.png (201KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
kekeke.png
201KB, 402x402px
>>49622042
Bullying the dragon is what I do though. Bullying the dragon gives me energy.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg (18KB, 105x105px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 11.jpg
18KB, 105x105px
Howdy all. Fuck work and what's been going on?
>>
>>49622578
My internet is cutting out for two minutes every five minutes.
>>
>>49622385
>>49622412
On the one hand, thank you for answer. On the other hand, DAMN YOU AND YOUR CP VAMPIRE WAYS!
>>49622578
>what's been going on?
MY CP IS BEING DRAINED!
>>
File: 0UtQoHQ.jpg (48KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
0UtQoHQ.jpg
48KB, 384x384px
>>49622638
I am a sweet and innocent soul, anon. I'd never do such a thing, ever!

Except I totally would. And have. Enjoy!
>>
File: 1456410945956.jpg (9KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1456410945956.jpg
9KB, 320x320px
>>49622578
Trying to figure out what I want my 「Stand」 to do.

I'm thinking I want it to be something automatic that I have no conscious control over, because I like the concept.
>>
>>49622578
Downloading incredible, yet political, songs to burn onto CDs to sell at my school, and therefore donate the cash to said content creators.

Doing my 100th jump. Build coming soon
>>
With two bending geniuses for earth bending, could I Bonebend?
>>
>>49622966
At last! A cure for my boneitis!
>>
>>49622966
Doubtful. Calcium is a metal, and Earthbenders can't bend metals. Even Metalbending is only bending the nonmetallic impurities.
>>
>>49622966
Bones are sill like- majority water. I'd say no

Dead, dry, conventional bones? Fuck if i know.
>>
>>49623026
You didn't try hard enough. Mercury can be manipulated with metal bending and I am sure sand too

Double fire bending genius. Plasma or light bending?
>>
>>49623049
What if I am, due to two jumps, both an earth bender and water bender, both at genius level?

Checkmate
>>
>>49623136
Then yeah, go for It. I took earth and water as well.
>>
>>49622623
I feel for you.

>>49622638
I can't tell if I just don't care or if my own CP Vampire is impressed.

>>49622695
Conceptual Attack are easy to find but defenses on that level are difficult. Just my opinion.

Where to next /JC?
>>
>>49623078
But Mercury also carries impurities inside of it unless purified. Remember, it was a plot point that the Mecha Tanks were completely immune to Metalbending. Also, remember that sand is silicon, which is a nonmetal.

Also, probably plasmabending, although you'd probably have to make your own plasma somehow.
>>
>>49623218
Predator.
>>
>>49623219
This is what you use Hamon for when you firebend. Blue flames are getting close to the goal of making and bending plasma.

Still, so bone bending and Kimimaro stuff if I had regen can't be gotten. Only through Naruto jump
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>49623246
Ara ara, I'm off. Rolling Location
>>
>>49623219
Could a double genius fire bender with lightning bending technically manipulate electricity produced by a person's nervous system?

Would a lightning bender fuck up Cole?
>>
>>49623293
... Well.
The Hunting Preserve, Unknown Planet.
I wasn't going to take that Scenario but now I'm thinking about it.
>>
Is the valkyrie profile jumpmaker still around?

I would like to ask of there are plans to add VP Anatomia: Origins into it later.
>>
>>49623315
Isn't Anatomia some godawful phoneshit abomination that should be burn in hell along with the developers and anyone that enjoys it, where the demons will slowly flay them over and over and over again, their skin regrowing as soon as it's all peeled away to facilitate the merciful punishment for their blasphemous transgressions?
>>
>Not going double-genius waterbender so you can glare at a person and rip out all their blood
>>
>>49623350
Anatomia isn't that bad, the story isn't all too original, but it adds a small bit of lore to what was already known. Cashgrab wise it's not as bad as some of the other IAP mobages out there, but since it is VP, it's a bit limited as far as variety goes. Development is slow, there aren't too many updates, and all in all it crawls along unlike the other "big" mobage titles.

Not taken as a game in main series, it's not too bad, but it doesn't hold its weight against the flagship titles. There wouldn't be that much to add as far as adding to the jump goes.
>>
File: 1471572747501.jpg (84KB, 364x423px) Image search: [Google]
1471572747501.jpg
84KB, 364x423px
>>49623397
>Phoneshit
>Not that bad
>>
File: Blud.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Blud.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>>49623369
>>
Next part to lost valley of the dinosaurs when?
>>
>>49622346
The longer you spend healing from a beat down, the more resistance to it you get? I can work with that.
>>
>>49623315
No, she's not still around.
>>
>>49623478
When you deliver a certain motherfucker's severed head to a certain person's doorstep.
>>
>>49623439
Well if you're going to automatically put any IP that's on the mobile format as bad then there are a lot of things that are bad by your books. Personally I prefer to judge it based on execution quality, writing effort, and relevance, but that's just my evidently inferior take on it.
>>
>>49623478
Babs got hit by a car, so... yeah.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 1200x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 1200x749px
>>49623369
>not going double-genius fire bender so you can bend the sun
>>
>>49623311
Good question. It's another unlikely one, since what they do is separate their own positive and negative energies to create an electrical current, then direct it outward, or absorb oncoming electricity, direct it through their body, then redirect it outwards. It might be possible to create that kind of imbalance outside of the body, but it might not be.

You could probably fuck up Cole something fierce with lightning redirection, though.
>>
>>49623546
>not knowing the sun isn't made of fire
>>
>>49623576
Firebenders draw power from the sun though, desu.
>>
File: KawaiiBorne.png (2MB, 887x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KawaiiBorne.png
2MB, 887x1200px
>>49623458
Japan sure knows how to make anything kawaii.
>>
>>49623499
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>49623397
>Development is slow, there aren't too many updates, and all in all it crawls along unlike the other "big" mobage titles.
So basically .Hack New World as well
>>
>>49623512
All mobages need to be erased and all mobage developers dashed against the stones.
>>
>>49623601
Neither Slugbox nor Plague is Japanese.
>>
>>49623576
They can bend lightning, they can shoot and bend superheated air through combustion bending. They can LAVA bend and could possibly plasma bend
>>
>>49623648
But celtic thighs, anon. What about the celtic thighs?
>>
File: Local Ordinary Man Too Powerful.png (1MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Local Ordinary Man Too Powerful.png
1MB, 768x1024px
>>49623648
Look dude I don't have time to play a proper game in the college life so close fascimilies that tangentally feed into the thrill of gambling

Also collabs
>>
>>49623699
The game is terrible. Art of redheads with fat thighs would exist without it.
>>
>>49623645
New World's story kind of fell off the rails though. It started off intriguing, and then halfway through it lost focus, until now where it's kind of in limbo. It doesn't help that it wasn't considered very popular even in the Japanese market which was pretty much the only place where it would have seen success. It also didn't help that it was released pretty much when Fate Grand Order was stabilizing and people hopped back on for another ride on Nasu's Multiversal Pony.
>>
>>49623715
>Art of redheads with fat thighs
Evidently doesn't know what >>49623699
is talking about. Just go back to your blind hatred of mobages already.
>>
>>49622346
>>49623495
600 cp - Adaptive Evolution
Rahu, over the course of the several hundred years between Arena and Battle Revolution, got his ass kicked in multiple times. And every time made him stronger, not just from learning how to fight better, but also from upgrading his ‘weak points’ until they weren't anymore. This power is now your power. Whenever you lose a fight - and I do mean lose, no throwing the fight - you gain a resistance to whatever kind of attack dealt you the most damage, proportional to how long you spent healing from getting your ass whooped. Heal inside a day, and you’d be lucky to get 1% - spend months laid up in the hospital, and you’d get maybe 5%. Spend a decade in a coma the way Rahu did - or die and resurrect via Down, Rebirth - and you get 25% resistance.
>>
>>49623819
is this before or after regeneration perks?
>>
>>49623770
I know who Scathach is, asshurt phoneshitter.
>>
>>49623856
How do you get so angry over phone games anon?
>>
>>49623892
They're horrible and ruin series I like.
>>
>>49623842
After, so find a way to turn them off.
>>
What are all of the threats one has to deal with in the Strange Journey Drawback from the Persona Jump? Which games (other than Strange Journey) are they based on?
>>
>>49624061
Sounds like SMT and Devil Survivor at minimum.
>>
>>49623715
Does she even have fat thighs?
>>
>>49624130
Well fat thighs is really depending on a lot of factors, so for some people, yes. I mean for some people even Boudicca has fat thighs.
>>
>>49624061
Everything, you want, basically. As long as it keeps you busy for ten years.
>>
>>49623503
Didn't Babylon already came back after that incident? Why is he gone now?
>>
File: IMG_6366.jpg (188KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6366.jpg
188KB, 800x800px
Does anybody have any reccomendations form Spiritual or Chi based abilities to get or learn throughout the chain? Using Temple of Thought from Binbougami, I wish to see what I can possibly incorporate from other settings to improve my Stand.
>>
>>49624061
>>49624103
Wait it actually is based off Strange Journey and DeSu? I thought it was mainline SMT only. So does it mean there will be another Abel and stuff?
>>
>>49624207
The car came back
>>
File: LancerGO.png (260KB, 441x728px) Image search: [Google]
LancerGO.png
260KB, 441x728px
>>49624130
You tell me. I'd say not, and she doesn't have red hair either.
>>
>>49624429
No. In fact, she looks like a twig.
>>
>>49624322
Anything from tales of demons and gods. That jump is a candy store for spirit based stuff.

Also evangelion for soul stuff.

Anima beyond fantasy for sporit based magic.

Negima for kanka to use chi and magic together.

Soul eater for mor souls or soul eating.

Bleach for reiatsu stuff.
>>
>>49624369
Well Strange Journey isn't really that far away from the flagship titles. In a way it holds its own weight...kind of like how IMAGINE held its own weight after like 40 goddamn patches. But I'm pretty sure the Strange Journey drawback is based on Strange Journey.
>>
>>49624429
No Ass twig.
>>
>>49624464
I always thought it was tight tits sensei, not thigh tits sensei.
>>
>>49624536
With all this talk about thicc I'm surprised you guys didn't make Overwatch jump already. Or did you.
>>
>>49624563
Dick and head are making it.

>>49624536
Yeah, but Scathatch there just looks unhealthy, even anorexic.
>>
Goddamn it. Why the hell is there no fucking Charlemagne heroic spirit yet?
>>
File: Big Game Hunt.jpg (257KB, 1052x887px) Image search: [Google]
Big Game Hunt.jpg
257KB, 1052x887px
Rolled 42 (1d100)

Oh, boy this one is going to go all kinds of wrong. I can just feel it. Lows are good.

Predator Jump 123:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
The Hunt [+000]
Blood War [+100]
An Honorable Hunter [+300]
Raising the Stakes:
Minefield [+100]
Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My [+100]
No Survivor [+100]
Additional Hunters x3 [+900]
Origin: Super Predator [-400]
Perks:
Yaut'ja physiology [Free]
Bigger, stronger, faster [Free]
Improvised Weaponry [-600]
Macho Bullshit [-100]
Pried From Their Hands [-400]
One Ugly Motherfucker [Free]
Tools of the Trade [-300]
The Perfect Predator [-300]
Gear:
Bio-Mask [Free]
Mesh Armor [Free]
Wrist-Comp [Free]
Wrist-Blade [Free]
Shoulder-Mounted Rapid-Fire Plasma-Caster [Free]
Old Painless [-400]
Laser Sights [-100]
Predator Falcon [Free]

Squad [-100]:
Powerful Predatory Pack (Airfield Princess, DFG: Max Schultz, DFG: Fletcher, Grim Jr. & Minimandy)
Deadly Decadent Court ((__), (__)'s Symbiote, Gaunlet's Symbiote, & The Parents (Silica & The Masked Ninja))
>>
>>49624621
Make her.
>>
>>49624621
It'd just end up being butchered anyway, so it might be a good thing that it doesn't currently exist.
>>
>>49624369
>>49624485
I just trawled the archive for the last time people asked about this drawback.
>Strange Journey... basically, you have ten years of shit going down. At least some of this shit will be taking all the SMT games, translating them into Persona, and putting you in charge of stopping them. Note that it's NOT actually SMT, it's a Persona adaptation, and some of what happens in SMT is what would happen if you failed to stop it. E.g., Thorman's nuclear launch is the equivalent of you failing to catch the killer in P4.
>>
File: Perfect.png (209KB, 409x439px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect.png
209KB, 409x439px
>>49624477
Nice stuff Anon, thanks a bunch for the advice.

This together with the Humoculus stuff in Valkyrie Profile should allow for some great improvements to my overall soul and magic related abilities.
>>
>>49624710
Anima in addition has perfect soul which is always useful and various ki perks.

Mushoku Tensei has a strange setup where magic is also ki. So that might help you out in a way.

If you're desperate for soul at any cost you could try the coiling dragon jump from SB, same deal with the Tales jump given xianxia.

Exalted jumps have exaltations which slot into your soul and it's powers stem from there. Not so much with the dragon blooded unfortunately, it's mostly in the blood for them. Something to keep in mind though.

Depending on what you go for the Nasuverse jumps have soul manipulation sorcery, spiritual surgery, origins, and other weird shit. Qi/od are the same thing there so maybe it could work for you?

Darksiders Makers have soul creation and hella good forging as an aside.

Macross has a singing perk that with capstone booster lets you mess with life force which might count.

Touhou has ki/chi mastery while History's Strongest Disciple has a general chi/ki perk that buffs ALL such perks.

RWBY has aura for it which is soul based.

Supernatural angels can do a great deal with souls.

Probably more out there but I'm drawing a blank and have to leave. Hope these help somewhat.
>>
>>49624845
>>49624477
We need more xianxia jumps.
>>
File: IMG_6345.png (266KB, 460x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6345.png
266KB, 460x767px
>>49624845
Woah, again, thanks.

These are much more than I would've thought, perhaps with the help of all of this, I'm not too far from 「Heaven」after all.
>>
>>49624689
It'd be nice if that could get added to the notes section of the jump, but I dunno if Wild Card is even around anymore?
>>
>>49624429
>Not red hair
It's a red-purple. Puce?
>>
>>49624900
Tales is the only real xianxia we have other than coiling dragon(which I don't know if it is legit here, what was the problem with it?)

I agree we could use more especially since jumpchain has grown so big that balance is really not a real thing any more. I have been kicking around a few ideas for a jump for a world of cultivation jump but the power level so far seems to cap at cutting in half mountains and the series is only about half translated at the moment.
>>
>>49624901
Another anon here. Might want to have a look at Sburb's Heart aspect if you want soul stuff?

Dishonored has a perk to get a stronger soul too.

Avatar bending is spiritual, and it has chi manipulation to go along with it.

Wuxia jump has loads of ki stuff, obviously.

Getting enlightenment in Journey to the West may help with the spiritual stuff? I dunno.
>>
>>49625020
Puce is too light. It's arguably a shade off from Magenta Haze to French Plum. http://colors.findthedata.com/d/s/Violet
>>
>>49625089
>I agree we could use more especially since jumpchain has grown so big that balance is really not a real thing any more.
>saying we could use more Xianxia
>when the shit:okay ratio is even higher than most other genres
le kek.
>>
File: 1394345367738.jpg (61KB, 497x389px) Image search: [Google]
1394345367738.jpg
61KB, 497x389px
>>49616772
(Buffy the Vampire Slayer) #50
-Background: Wolfram & Hartman Lawyer (900CP) -Well well well. I have to help with clientele, but anyone unlisted is doomed.
-Swordplay (850CP) -I could really, really, REALLY use this.
-Demonology (750CP) (Discount) -It's time to brush up on my skills and learn who to mess with.
-Sorcery Savant (450CP) (Discount) -MAGIC. Holy shit I love magic, and adding this to my repertoire is kinda sick.
-Geneticist (-50CP) -And with this, I have the power.
-Necro-Tempered Glass (Free) -My office is made to let any withstand the sun, I assure you.
-Book of Kelsor (-100CP) (Discount) -And now I have the knowledge to hunt them all down.
-Slayer Handbook (-500CP) -A guide that's self-updating AND has the laws of magic on every world? I need this.
-Bugger, I Thought You'd Gone (-300CP)
-The Perfect Heart (0CP)
Dice Rolls: 24 years old

Now we know why they call it Silent Night.

Alas, Wolfram and Hart, that company that does its best. A job's a job, but there is no real loyalty to parasites... to beasts and animals who feel the need to prey on others, because of some perceived superiority. For all their boasting, for all their feeding... they still have to hide from humanity. For all their chomping at the bit, they must stay in the shadows. Why is that? Do they fear the power humans could potentially bring to bear? Do they fear the Slayer, a pinnacle of humanity's desire to fight the shadows back?

Perhaps it is their own doing.

It ill matters to me what their reason is for skulking and scuttling about. What matters is my purpose. Oh yes, I will do the clean-up. I will keep things under wraps. It's just what a good host does. But in the process of clean-up, things go missing. Samples. Pieces of crucial research material. Combat data. So many things for the taking, for studying... for application, in due time. If they wish to use humanity, humanity shall use them i-

...how long were you there.
>>
File: PAD jumpchain.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
PAD jumpchain.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49621955
>>49622042
BULLYING THE DRAGON IS ILL ADVISED

Is this the one? I was thinking you meant this WIP. If not I'll post the other one in a bit.
>>
>>49625089
如果你把唐家十三少的作品来弄的话,应该没什么问题的。之后的就拜托你了。
>>
>>49625089
Author both severely over- and understating the power levels to try and make it acceptable regardless of the actual facts ended up causing people to shut it down on principle.

Also, last time I checked a particular rank of power was locked off for being too poweful for the chain... but at the same time, the rank above that was not, with the logic being that if you can perform the actions needed to get there (killing one of the people with rank) then there's no reason to bar anything as you are already at Endjump levels. Probably just wanted a path to powergaming open for himself.

You can't forget people being kneejerking braindead morons and failing to realize God and Highgod are in-universe titles and only the biggest of powerwankers or someone who just wants the jump barred regardless of anything else would take a certain poison's supposed effects at face value.
>>
>>49625162
No, that one's it, chubbydra. I don't need the other one, it's antiquated.
>>
>>49625132
>when the shit:okay ratio is even higher than most other genres
Explain? It is no worse than anime really.
>>
>>49624924
Who knows? The archive says he hasn't posted since August.
>>
>>49625188
Speaking as someone who actually reads the stuff in Chinese, he does have a bit of a point. Most of the novels in this genre are pretty much embodiments of powerwank fantasy, and the only reason why it doesn't seem so to some Western readers is because translations haven't caught up to the actual LNs yet.

Some of the authors are more notorious than others (Like TJ13S) for doing it, but there are quite a number of Mary Sue offenders. Chinese fiction doesn't really frown on Mary Sues as Western fiction seems to, so for us it's just a matter of "how often do you do it" and "why do you do it". There's a very substantial amount of Chinese fiction in the genre that hasn't been translated at all, so really the western readers who can't read in Chinese often see a very limited subset of the bigger picture.
>>
>>49625171
I am in a bad way with jumps I am already working on anon. My computer had to be restored from scratch and I lost almost everything on howls castle and an update I was working on. I cant take on another one atm.
>>
>>49623252
You can do Kimimaro stuff through Marvel combos.
It's arguably better since because bone railguns.
>>
drawbacks legendary dark knight mode, nemesis, fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiight

age 24
location devil may cry 4
background devil hunter
Skills cuh-ray-zee, taunting, weapon swapping, tacticool, dexterity and reflexes, strength, weapon crafting, smooth criminal, get set, dynamic entry, the sickth sense and enhanced learning

items normal weapons, sick clothing, unlimited supply of strawberry sundae, unlimited supply of pizza, holy weapon cache, EXCEED weapon and sick ride

styles gunslinger, swordmaster and royal guard style
>>
>>49625238
Keep your stuff backed up on google drive. By the time you have like 10 - 15 jumps it's handy just to have a drive so you can quickly toss stuff to closed reviewers.
>>
>>49625243
What combo is this? And does it have the same level of manipulation that Kimimaro shows?
>>
>>49625188
Chuunin Exam Day (the fanfiction by Perfect Lionheart) is comparable in content and quality to a lot of mainstream Xianxia (which are actual published works). This is in part due to how publishing works in Xianxia, with authors being pushed to top the "leaderboards" for cash instead of being given time to make worthwhile content.
>>
File: IMG_6371.jpg (46KB, 234x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6371.jpg
46KB, 234x368px
>>49625091
Looking at these suggestions, it occurs to me that if I went to Tower Of God and got gud with Shinsoo and mastered the abilities of the Thorn Forged To Kill Kings, I could be pretty fucking scary when my stand got used.

And perhaps Conjoined Conjures could help make my purely magical abilities into more spiritual/soul abilities.
>>
>>49625310
>Tower of God
>Shinsoo
>The Thorn
Well considering that you're basically Bam you're basically stepping on the path to surpassing Stands by now. Bam is literally fighting a Stand right now in the Name Arc. He hasn't even unlocked the Thorn's full power yet.
>>
>>49625283
Ugh the only reason I have anything left is because I tossed it on my drive way back when I was showing it to people. Then I forgot to make more backups. I have noone to blame but myself and the virus my computer caught.
>>
>>49625180
God. Why the fuck are you still here? Your arguments for this have been shut down every time they come up, the coiling dragon jump was fucking fine by the time you managed to piss and moan enough that people decided to indulge your ass and take it off the drive. If you aren't going to shut the fuck up about it even when it's not there anymore, why the fuck did we get rid of it in the first place? You got what you fucking wanted, stop fucking bitching.
>>
>>49625214
What jumps did WC make other than fallout, persona and XCOM 1?
>>
>>49625289
Kinesis (self)+shapeshifting basically lets you do whatever the fuck you want with your own body.
The default is Prototype style, but if you really just wanted the Kimimaro factor you could always substitute Kinesis (own skeleton) instead for more control.
>>
>>49625226
>>49625308
Fair enough, I havent read that fanfiction so I have no clue how it is. I like some xia because the mc is hardworking and builds himself up from nothing. The ones where the mc becomes super op in no time with no work I dislike, I also dislike how they tend to be arrogant pricks which is why I like world of cultivation. The mc just wants to make money and be the best farmer, everyone else is forcing him to be a stronger fighter. He also sucks at cultivation and ends up succeeding through endlessly repeating in the most brute force way possible.
>>
>>49625308
Worthwhile content is subjective, and plenty of people in China love this genre for what it is. For a lot of people it's literally the only pieces they could read in this sort of fantasy fiction genre. People criticize it for its repetitiveness and how certain legacy themes tend to be overused, but at the end of the day there's a massive following. If you want to go ahead and say that your tastes are superior to theirs, that's your right, but saying that it isn't worthwhile is a bit of a faux pas.

There's also the notion that realistically, most of the authors in this genre don't give a shit about readers outside of mainland. The target audience is very specific, the messages have to be very clear, very precise, and deviations aren't necessarily appreciated by the editors. The formula, for better or for worse, is a tried and true one.
>>
>>49625388
This is why you never indulge the shitposter, he just pushes harder.
>>
File: IMG_6316.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6316.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
>>49625344
Interesting. I'm probably gonna start reading the comic.
Because that sounds pretty cool, and knowing more about the settings I jump will help my chain more.
>>
File: Life and Death.png (142KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
Life and Death.png
142KB, 350x200px
>>49624631
So, after the initial landing and everyone collecting themselves I cycle through my various abilities to see what's left by the cap. Not much. My weapons from Fallout seem to have mostly made it through but the power armor seems to be a no go. I grimaced, which would have been a fright had I not been wearing the Bio-Mask. I glanced at the others and they all grinned, this was going to be a challenge.
"Destroyers, on me," I said as I hefted Old Painless up with a single arm the twins grinned as they hefted their own versions up, "this forest is annoying and I wanna get some attention."
The drones heading our way were what I targeted, I was still better than the other Predator's at hacking it seemed, and with a swift build up hum a trio of man-portable mini-guns roared out their challenge into the jungle. After racking the drones with my first sweep I strafed my fire through the jungle, inexplicably detonating trees and ripping animals apart in a carnage that opened the canopy of the jungle for a half mile swath of ruin.
My own drone lifted off and flashed skyward I kept my attention split between adjusting it's course and shifting rubble so that I could secret mini-nukes among the ruined ground. It took the work of half an hour to sync the group of dirty weapons to my wrist-comp but I did it and by then I got a sighting of one of the Hunter's Hounds finally passing into the massive area that I'd created, at speed. I pulled a frag mine from a bag I'd gotten from one of the girls and armed it before tossing it like a throwing star at the annoying bugger damn thing would have dodge had I not thrown so the hefty frisbee of death curved to it. The explosion crippled the thing and it died quickly enough, among the rubble. I tossed a few more frag mines out for the hounds and then rushed back to the edge of the forest where the others were getting the final prep done. We moved as a unit, (__) first for their trap detection skills. This was gonna be a long hunt.
>>
>>49625482
Yeah you'll have plenty of time to catch up. If SIU keeps on his track record Tower of God might be done in the next decade or so.
>>
File: b243a5e8b76880064e288fef7589146a.jpg (100KB, 736x1307px) Image search: [Google]
b243a5e8b76880064e288fef7589146a.jpg
100KB, 736x1307px
>>49625187
I noticed another weird thing about this Jump. It interprets the mobile games in a really weird way. I mean even in game the monsters you have are referred to as cards. And how the stats screen is structured and everything is very reminiscent of many a card based system.

The 1000cp erm..perk
>>
File: Hero messageboard.jpg (138KB, 670x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hero messageboard.jpg
138KB, 670x300px
>>49625432
Which is why I tend to appreciate the rare gems that come out of it, such as Cultivation Chat Group. Which so far has been an amusing read of a guy accidentally invited into a chatroom of cultivators, and later learning it's not a bunch of delusional people playing in fantasy land. Reminds me of the hero message board manga before it ended. With more chinese flavor and all in the same reality.
>>
>>49625416
Any idea on what the scale is? Like, could I pull off that bone forest thing he does right before he dies, or is beyond the scope of the combo? I'm assuming the latter, but if I can replace the Kaguya bloodline in my build I'd be pretty happy.
>>
>>49625482
I think this is the real beauty of jumpchain.
Not the combos, builds, or writefagging but that it introduces people to series they otherwise would have never known about.
Series they might even like.
>>
>>49625432
>but saying that it isn't worthwhile
"Worthwhile" was probably the wrong word to use. My point was, that if the authors wanted to fully express their creativity and artistic vision (and that significantly differed from the "safe bet"), then Xianxia's current publishing format doesn't really encourage that.
>>
I... Had horrible realization, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have a drawback that locks out your warehouse and powers, you can't keep anything not cp bought or by fiat from the setting.

Unless it works if you have it on your person?
>>
>>49625542
I love both of those.

>Which kind of pill furnace did you use?

"I just have a hotpot, I threw the ingredients in there with water like I was making soup."
>>
>>49625511
Things I find a bit off:
Arrangement of backgrounds.
Very game meta heavy, lots of meta translated directly into perks, without...that much explanation.
Why did he turn Hel-chan into Jumper.
Yeah that 1000 CP...uh...yeah.
He tackled the collab egg machine dilemma by basically limiting it to set, which stirs up its own problems.

Things that it's really good on:
Very clear, very succinct. Definitely more direct in its approach than any of my jumps keke.
Wonderfully arranged in terms of layout.
Making builds from it is pretty simple because the base skeleton is straightforward.
It's...only behind by about 9 patches?

It's interesting to see another approach to the jump though.
>>
>>49625414
Did he make XCOM? I think that was someone else. I know he made Dresden and Chrono Trigger, and I think he made Castlevania too.
>>
>>49625414
Doctor Who.
>>
File: 1364314912805.png (417KB, 705x480px) Image search: [Google]
1364314912805.png
417KB, 705x480px
>>49625542
I fucking loved that series.

>>49625149
(Hellgate London) #51
-Background: Cabalist (Free) -I don't care for controlling Humanity. I just want knowledge.
-Unholy Truth (-900CP) -I'm gonna need this to survive my plans here.
-Demonic Augmentation (Free) -A useful technique to start.
-Deadeye (800CP) -Accuracy is key in this place. Seriously.
-Holy Forge (600CP) -I'm all for it, it'll be good to have some armor!
-Scavenge (200CP) -This is nice. Scavenge awaaaay!
-Small Bag O' Demon Parts (Free) -A little something to get started.
-Blood Angel Claws (0CP) (Discount) -Time to do even more things. Some samples to keep on hand.
Dice Rolls: Saint Paul Station, 19 years old

So demonic forces are terraforming the land, forcing humans to go underground for fear of The Burn taking them. The Legions of Hell are swarming the land, humanity's only protection being the wards in the London Underground and it is up to the ingenuity of humans to push them back. Templars, Hunters, and Cabalists all fight in their own ways.

I have my own methods. Forge what I can, with what I am given. Study the demonic genetic code, go out with hunting parties and create weapons and armor from the demonic corpses. For every one of them that falls, I gain additional materials and research supplies. It is a suitable method for now, and one must be careful... but it will help me.

Oh yes. It will help. Strength must be earned, after all. Demons have great strength... but I will not do any splicing just yet. No, this is a start. One mustn't rush things like this. It is a big leap, and one must consider options first. Options on how to change, how to thrive. But in the meantime... two birds, one stone. Helping humanity will serve me well.
>>
>>49625564
You'll probably need some other kind of shapeshifting to get that much mass, but the actual ability to do the thing is probably within the combos purview.
Maybe add speed so you can do it really fast.
>>
>>49625542
If you read directly from Chinese sites, there's a fucking mountain of them for you to sift through. In a way it's a pity nowadays, because with just how many titles this genre spits out, there are less and less "traditional" authors out there. Releases are bloody slow as far as that goes.

As far as the culture goes, I just like to call it the QQ-culture...since that's pretty much what it is.

>>49625583
Don't read from mainland then, because it's not just the publishing format, it's also a massive amount of the readers. Copying the known successful path has always been a tenet of our lifestyle...in some ways that's even more prevalent nowadays than in my parents' generation.
>>
File: IMG_6340.png (595KB, 460x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6340.png
595KB, 460x492px
>>49625576
Seriously, this has introduced me to so many things that I thoroughly enjoyed and wouldn't have known about wothout it.
I've read Blame!,Biomega and I'm currently reading both Battle Angel Alita and now Tower of God. I finished Worm a few months ago because the Jump introduced me to it. All of this and more because of this place.

Thank you JC/
>>
>>49625714
I like interspacial rings. I dont know why but I really like a bag of holding in ring form. It just seems more handy.
>>
>>49625653
He made XCom 1, not 2 though
>>
>>49625624
I houserule that you get to keep stuff on your person, just so I don't lose my clothes when a jump ends.
>>
>>49625714
I wish I could read them. But I am stuck waiting for translations.
>>
>>49625790
Well if you drop in you naturally have anything on your person.
Getting a background would set you up with new clothing though. At least that's usually the case. I'm sure theres a few backgrounds out there with nothing at all.
>>
Are there sorcerers in Dragonlance?
>>
>>49625790
That's been pretty commonly accepted since the start.
>>
>>49625967
Yes, but they're very rare and only show up in certain eras, because the three gods of magic work to keep people from discovering/using it.
>>
>>49625843
Yeah that does suck...especially when the manga is often ridiculously behind, and unlike LN to manhwa conversions a lot of the time the plot stays exactly the same too.

>>49625751
It's a neat take on an old concept. There's a lot of stuff like that within the genre...but a lot of it is so minor with the plots so similar that they're really "niche" mechanics.
>>
>>49625968
Yeah, it's always been how you keep stuff you bought in pokemon. Anything on your person comes with you.
>>
>>49626044
Well not always.
At the very beginning you didn't get to keep items at all, but that was quickly changed.
>>
>>49625968
Hi Cool Cats!
>>
>>49626028
So, presumably it can't be chosen as a class in DL. Actually, how does that work? Is it just assumed that "Levels" granted by the Arcane/Divine tree perks are Wizard/Cleric respectively?
>>
>>49625790
Same, but only if it's mundane and available in-setting. Otherwise it might as well not even be a drawback once you build your first set of epic gear.
>>
>>49626065
>>49626044
>>49625968
So backpacks, bags of holding and the like, they work if you got them in setting and have them with you?

Hm. Interesting. I like to imagine a jumper that took powerless just going "OH SHIT OH SHIT HERE IT COMES" and they try to carry several bags of stuff. Bought companions doing the same
Thread posts: 432
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.