[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 50

File: Rehgar.png (336KB, 647x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rehgar.png
336KB, 647x600px
Fuck Thrall edition

Discuss the viability of the Warcraft setting, story, and lore, for a tabletop game.

Previous thread: >>49555078
>>
File: kezan.jpg (213KB, 758x765px) Image search: [Google]
kezan.jpg
213KB, 758x765px
>the only page about goblins in the Chronicle is this
my sides
literally the worst race
>>
>>49613001

wait til the old thread reaches at least page 7 next time, dude
>>
>>49613056
you guys are unreliable at making new threads so I made one at my last chance after it hit bump limit
>>
>>49613095
I assure you that, so long as I am not at work, I will make new threads.

I was waiting until it hit 7.
>>
>>49612967
>I very much doubt I will be doing one of Kalimdor
Better claim the glory for yourself.
>>
File: 1468166271282.jpg (679KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468166271282.jpg
679KB, 1600x900px
>>49612494
>>49612672

Expanding on this idea,
>Alliance and Horde become more informal
>Race-based nations become more prominent
>Factional barriers broken down mechanically, since they're pretty moot now (and have been for quite some time) in lore.
>Can party-up and PvP alongside any other player, regardless of race.

>PvP takes a more Guild Wars 1 route, with it being battles between guilds and independent factions.
>Guilds become political entities in the lore.

I mean, hell, it's not like there isn't pre-existing examples of this. The Argent Crusade, the pirate and mercenary groups, the Twilight's Hammer.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Do you think MMOs are just intrinsically difficult to develop a setting or lore in? I look around and it seems like, in most cases, MMOs have to start with a giant reservoir of history and places and people, but as the game itself goes on it all gets used up faster than it can be topped up again. Because the players themselves are kind of in the way.
>>
>>49613293
Oh, almost certainly. I think it's a cross between having to meet certain standards, and how long MMOs tend to have to last without allowing a reset like standard vidya.

Splitting populations between factions in particular I think is a big issue, especially since damn near most MMOs end up ignoring them anyway. They're presented as two groups that hate each other, but always end up fighting the same enemy, usually putting aside their differences to do it.

One issue with corrupting lore that seems to be changing with MMOs is the static environment. A lot of MMOs are unable, or unwilling, to change the setting to reflect the storyline, be it due to engine limitations, or budget/time issues. So, even though big things may happen in the lore, it doesn't usually reflect in the lore. But, like I said, this is something some MMOs have been progressively fixing. EverQuest Next was supposed to have an evolving world, and WoW now has some pretty heavy phasing to help with that issue.

But largely, I think it's a longevity thing. MMOs typically have to stay persistent for a fair amount of time, and have story progression during that time. Unlike non-MMOs, which have no obligation to progress the storyline until a sequel, which aren't quite the same as expansions because vidya sequels allow for new engines and typically bigger budgets.
>>
>>49613001
>hating Thrall
Kill yourself, op.
>>
>>49613513
I am sure that OP hates Go'el, the Shaman married to Aggra, not Thrall, the Warchief or the Horde.
>>
>>49613249
as much as I'd LIKE to have the two factions dissolve, the rabid autists who identify with their made up video game faction will throw a shit fit and unsub en masse, and that's an embarassingly high number of players, even on PvE realms.

I'd love it if they at least let us do dungeons and raids together, so I'm not stuck trying to get all of my friends on the same faction, let alone the same server.

>game with millions of players
>can only even talk to half of them
>out of that half, can only trade and do guild stuff with like 1/20th of them, assuming you're not on a dead server
why
>>
>>49613542
Aggra was the biggest mistake.
>>
>>49613623
>as much as I'd LIKE to have the two factions dissolve, the rabid autists who identify with their made up video game faction will throw a shit fit and unsub en masse, and that's an embarassingly high number of players, even on PvE realms.
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree; it most likely wouldn't happen, probably not even if there was a WoW 2 simply because the player base expects there to be arbitrary borders.

Which is dumb because, like I said, the lore a lot of the time dismisses the division between Alliance and Horde. Order class halls in particular.
>>
>>49613293
The world of Warcraft feels compressed to me. Raiders kill big name bosses every week. The factions those bosses belong to are presumably destroyed or severely weakened with each content patch. Big name leaders of every playable faction are directly meddling with the player's affairs. It doesn't feel like there's room to expand anywhere because every major component of the game is constantly in use. They're forced to go outside of this space and bring in more lore that's often 'fantastical' and they never really attempt to enrich the races we've been using since the start of Warcraft.
They decided to raise the player to the level of gods and Blizzard feels the need to raise the stakes with each release to match their iLevel.
Eve Online's world feels unlimited in comparison. Any big names that are rarely killed off are generally done so outside of the game. Every faction in the game is forever present and never 'dealt with heroically'. You're never in contact with the mystical big-wigs. And the player never drives the lore of the game.
>>
>>49612712
Those maps are incredibly ugly
>>
File: worldmap.gif (750KB, 1503x1101px) Image search: [Google]
worldmap.gif
750KB, 1503x1101px
>>49614853
o here's one for you bud, hope you like the colors n stuff
>>
>>49613766
Anyone have the blogpost on why
>>
File: LaughStarTrek.gif (955KB, 245x145px) Image search: [Google]
LaughStarTrek.gif
955KB, 245x145px
>>49615426
Oh, God, that was funnier than it should've been.
>>
File: Wc3TopographyMap.png (558KB, 1825x2744px) Image search: [Google]
Wc3TopographyMap.png
558KB, 1825x2744px
>>49615426
>another map drawn with potatoes
>>
File: war3 2016-09-21 15-29-03-01.jpg (167KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
war3 2016-09-21 15-29-03-01.jpg
167KB, 1280x960px
>>49615640
I appreciate the gigantic lakes desu.
>>
>>49615664
I realize in WoW you couldn't have everything to scale, but the lakes were way too small for me, considering I remember playing missions in those lakes with submarines and battleships.
>>
FROSTMOURNE HUNGERS
>>
File: 491955.jpg (324KB, 1834x986px) Image search: [Google]
491955.jpg
324KB, 1834x986px
So, how is everyone liking getting transformed into a QT Nightborne?
>>
>>49617417
I can neither confirm nor deny that I have an addiction to looking up their skirts.
>>
>>49613043
fuck yourself you filthy gnome loving shit,
>>
>>49617417
I want to gently feed her mana crack while she sucks my dick.
>>
>>49617455

Well their dongs are pretty huge so I don't blame you.
>>
>>49615457
Not on me but boy was it a good one.

tldr it was, "She browbeat him into giving up all of HIS values in exchange for orcish values that ended up destroying his horde and leading him to ruin and expects him to thank her for it,"
>>
File: World of Butchered Lore.jpg (4MB, 3724x2484px) Image search: [Google]
World of Butchered Lore.jpg
4MB, 3724x2484px
>>49614853
then have the Chronicles one
>>
>>49613249
>pantsu
>>
>>49617417

note: this is also the nightborne warrior outfit
>>
>>49617417
>spoiler

Wait, you're serious?
>>
>>49617661

Yes? Why wouldn't I be.
>>
>>49617417
why is her buttocks partially exposed like that?
>>
>>49617694
Because I don't buy for a second that Blizzard is actually willing to indulge my magical realm.
>>
>>49617534
>The Wandering Isle
Is that Kul Tiras?
>>
>>49617869
That's the Pandaren starting zone.
>>
>>49617716
Because she is a decadent wizard emulating her wizard-queen who likes showing off her ass.
>>
>>49617869

Look closely, it's a giant turtle.
>>
>>49613932
I'd say that in EVE, players do drive the lore, and that's the whole point. If you've heard of EVE, it's probably due to some of the stuff the players did, like huge fleet battles between player coalition, or the time Goonswarm awoxed Band of Brothers.
In general, the metanarrative seems to be moving things more and more to player hands, with capsuleers becoming more independent from the empires and players being able to build their own stations and eventually stargates.
>>
>>49617926
that is awesome
>>
File: WastedPotential_ThePost.png (165KB, 536x1732px) Image search: [Google]
WastedPotential_ThePost.png
165KB, 536x1732px
>>49615457
>>49617508
You rang?
>>
>>49618218
the first part is kinda shit.
>>
File: 1474233698022.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474233698022.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Might be the best place to ask this.

I've got a mage [in-game on a roleplaying realm, and with all the artifact shit going on I wanted to make her a nice IC staff, because it's fairly unrealistic for me to give her Aluneth or some shit.

Can anybody give me any suggestions on what could be used to make a powerful mage staff? I don't want it to be too over the top but I don't want it to be too generic either, as long as it fits the setting.
>>
>>49618245
>Implying
It's maximum cheese and ham, but let's be real for a second here: It's one of those rare cases where obsessive shipping of the fanbase would have made perfect sense in the canon, and the canon would have been flawless despite being abso-fucking-lutely cheesy.

So yeah, Thraina should have been a thing, Ag'oel is the black boil that signifies what plagues Warcraft.
>>
>>49618272
>>49618272
I don't give a flying fuck over the shipping. Disregarding Jaina's feeling for arthas because she was 'Over him' is maximum overmaximum bullshit in trying to get your favorite ship going.

The lore always implied that they had feelings for each other,, and they still had feelings as of warcraft 3. Arthas felt betrayed by Jaina, because she was not there when he needed her the most. It makes sense that she feels some sort of guilt or remorse for the person she once loved. What we see of her in WoTLK is trying to see if enough of arthas remains inside. She is crushed when she finds out that it does not and escapes.

Then after the raid, the players find out that he kept a locket of her even after he was lost to the world, which meant that there was still a part of Arthas somewhere there, and he regarded Jaina kindly enough to remember her.

But hey, She and Thrall made an alliance of convenience that didn't magically fall apart because jaina killed off her father to make it happen. They are so destined to fall in love because the fanbase demands it.
>>
>>49618254
I- is that Garithos Sama?
>>
>>49618362
This anon's right.
>>
>>49618254
http://www.wowhead.com/item=113857/staff-of-the-grand-imperator&bonus=0
http://www.wowhead.com/item=120068/primal-combatants-battle-staff&bonus=0
http://www.wowhead.com/item=124732/wild-gladiators-energy-staff
http://www.wowhead.com/item=113134/crystalfire-spellstaff

Fancy any of those?
>>
>>49618254
Depends on what kind of character your mage is. If it's your average half dragon half blood elf mage, using aluneth is fine. If you have a more grounded back story, a staff you think looks cool or comes from a quest line you think your character would approve of will do just fine.

Here is what I did for my DK's backstory, and why he carries the weapon he does.

>An alteraci townsperson who lived off trade in strahnbrad.
>followed arthas when the orcs raided it.
>after the town was ruined he moved to andorhal to become an agricultural laborer. Found the grain to be rotting and shitty.
>He 'borrowed' money and ran away to stormwind, joining a local alteraci gang that worked as agricultural laborers and highwaymen
>found out he had a natural talent for command
>he fell for the scarlet crusade meme.
>was constantly beaten and mistreated there because he is from alterac.
>eventually joins the argent crusade because he cannot progress any further into the scarlet crusade ranks.
>all his time in the scarlet crusade has him become more and more mistrustful of his underlings.
>is ordered to march into andorhal with a big force to secure an approach to the city.
>afraid that adventurers and mercs will steal his glory, he leads his alteraci boy band into the town.
>gets merc'd and captured by the undead.
>Get's raised into a member of the ebon blade because the lich king finds it funny.
>he listens to when Thassarian tells Orbaz that in death they are all brothers and koltira needs to be rescued.

>carries the same runeblade he forged himself once he was free of the lich king.
>the weapon is as much a part of him as his limbs.
>he changes his fighting style from two handed swashbuckler to a terrifying warrior who fights with a demonic runeblade (fel iron greatsword).
>raises undead minions to overwhelm his foe with his spooky combat capabilities. (unholy)
>over time during the Northrend campaign begins to trust his undeadbros and undeadsisters, and is home.
>>
>>49618512
oh, and, tell me your character's backstory /tg/
>>
>>49617741

Do the Suramar questline anon. Your magical realm gets indulged.
>>
>>49618763
when is it unlocked?
I am almost at level 108
>>
>>49618784

>>
>>49618512
This kinda shit makes me feel like playing an RPG based in the Warcraft setting would not be so bad. I personally love the idea but I don't know of anyone interested in running the game.
>>
>>49618815
I ran a quest here when it was allowed on /tg/. was moderately popular too.
>>
>>49618510
I don't mean appearance wise. Right now I've moffed it to Sho'varon becauyse it looks neat and has an arcane feel to it.
>>49618516
I don't really have one for my mage yet. All I have is: draenei mage, originally really shit at magic until she got a mentor who realised over time that the reason she was such a bad mage was because she had no instinctive ability or knowledge on how to draw out the arcane. Her learning magic was akin to being told calligraphy when you didn't know how to use your fingers. Best described as 'putting play dough through a cheese grater and expecting it to resemble something'. After they worked on that, she actually became a really good mage, and over 10k years of practice has made her extremely good with magic.

She's the nicer, polite mage, a foil to her mentor who'se arrogant and believes anybody who doesn't live above 100 years can't weave a decent spell worth the mana in their body.

My draenei death knight has a slightly more interesting backstory.
>>
>>49618898
>I don't mean appearance wise. Right now I've moffed it to Sho'varon becauyse it looks neat and has an arcane feel to it.
any quest you think speaks to your character? Kinda like Zen'kiki being a bad druid in nearly everything but is a good healer?
>>
>>49618898
Ah so you were asking for components for a staff? Not too much I can say in regards to that, but I think including Khorium would be good idea. It's a material from Outland that, if I remember right, was great at storing energy.
>>
>>49618516
Orc rogue, born to members of the shattered hand clan in the internment camps, mother died young. Raised by his father who had lost most of his will to live after the burning legion abandoned the orcs, had a hard time reconciling the cunning warrior every other orc he knew said his father was, and the listless old orc he knew him as. Then Thrall came and broke them all out. His father immediately clung to Thrall's ideals and he followed suit

His father fought for the Horde across the third war before dying at the battle of mt Hyjal, the sudden resurgence of his father in that short time inspired him greatly. He joined the shadowswift brotherhood the moment he was old enough to do so, and has been working as the eyes and ears for the Horde he knows, Thrall's Horde, ever since.
>>
>>49618815
Played on a pirate WoW RP-server for 4 years. Best memories, and those folks introduced me to TRPGs later. Now it's more cancer than ever but old players had pretty radical and interesting ideas.
>>
>>49619068
Things would be great if Blizzard hadn't forgotten about trolls entirely, especially with nobody filling the important troll quota.
>>
>raise Nazgrim as a Horseman? The Horde will not be pleased
>raise Thoras Trollbane as a Horseman? The Alliance will not be pleased
>save Koltira? Sylvanas will not be pleased
>raise Whitemane as a Horseman? the Scarlet Crusade will not be pleased
>make Cordana into an abmoination? the Wardens will not be pleased
>steal a magical focus from the naga? N'zoth will not be pleased
>raise Tirion as a Horseman? Nobody will be pleased
who /DKWP/ here
>>
>>49619296
Always
>DH: "Abloobloo, what have you sacrificed!"
>DK: "We do what the living cannot."
>>
>>49617869
Kul Tiras is in Eastern Kingdoms though.
>>
>>49619296
>the Scarlet Crusade will not be pleased

They literally do not exist anymore.
>>
>>49619372
you're welcome, meatbag
>>
>>49619330
>>
>>49619381
>order of fanatical faithful paladins
>not useful in a fight against demons.
>>
File: 1445396399340.png (252KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1445396399340.png
252KB, 500x453px
>>49619326
>mfw as a draenei death knight a demon hunter is asking me what I've sacrificed to fight the legion
>mfw it's considered rude to slap the shit out of these whining cuntstraps
>>
>>49619381

Well that was a general questline though canonically they were wiped out by the Forsaken.
>>
>>49619436
canonically they held on until Legion when the Ebon Blade kills the rest of them on the way to raise Whitemane
>>
>>49618784
You have to have a female character already though
>>
>>49619476
boo
>>
>>49619412
As a priest I did use them against the demons and brought (the less fanatical ones) back into the fold.
>>
>>49619456

Those were just a couple of stragglers. As a military power they were broken in Northrend by Sylvanas.
>>
>>49619565
>they were broken in Northrend by Sylvanas.
Implying that Sylvanas had any relevant part in that.
>>
>>49619428

Demon Hunters are Death Knights done right, though.
>>
>>49619593
Are you 13?
They are CRAWLING IN MY SKIN tier
>>
>>49619593
nice try Kanye
>>
>>49619593
>>49619604
>that Demon Hunter and Warden in Vault trying to out edge each other with No one understands muh sacrifice
talk about cringe
>>
>>49619638
>demon hunters: I HAVE GIVEN EVERYTHING
>warden: NO I HAVE GIVEN EVERYTHING
>death knight: are you two done or...?
>>
>>49619593
Nice try, Illidan. With my death knight eyes, I can easily see through your bullshit.
>>
>>49619604
>They are CRAWLING IN MY SKIN tier

I know, but there was no reason death knights HAD to be that way. There was some promise early on with the Thassarian storyline which showed that he stilled cared for his sister even after reanimation.

However after that they did a critical misstep in confirming that almost no death knights have any emotional connection to their old lives, nor do they have any feelings for the living. Their lore from late WotLK until today became "I exist only to exact revenge regardless of the consequence", essentially becoming turbo-Forsaken. I had some hopes that they would change it in Legion, but sadly the only one who shows some signs of a good character development away from the single-minded Forsaken attitude towards hatred is Darion, who just doesn't want any part of that shit anymore. Of course he also gets killed during the DK order hall campaign and turned into the last of the Horsemen so who knows if they wanted to show him as being right or wrong.

But yeah, it's an unfortunate part of the introduction of demon hunters that they now have the motivation I always wanted to have DK's to have. Demon hunters have "I do this to protect everyone who can't" whereas Death Knights have "I do this to avenge what was done to me".

But different strokes for different people. There are those who love the emotionless loner vengeance machine archetype and for those Blizzard's chosen path for DK is perfect.
>>
>>49619823
nice try Kayn.
Now fuck off and talk about sacrifice while the ebon blade get's its shit done.

Ebon blade = brothers in death.
Illidari = super snowflake loners that congregate together and fuck their own shit up.

DH's in charge of holding back the legion.
>barely surviving in a tiny camp in aszuna.
>a bunch of dead night elf ghosts are doing more in the zone.
>>
>>49619823
He was saying demon hunters are CRAWLING IN MY SKIN tier, not death knights. Lrn2read demon pleb.
>>
>>49619823
What are you talking about? The entire POINT of the Ebon Blade in Legion is "We do what the living cannot." Most of them are extremely dedicated to protecting Azeroth's people, because they have nothing else to "live" for.

Hell, all of the Four Horseman are risen to make amends for the things they did in their life, especially Whitemane, which is really true of most of the Ebon Blade. Thoras Trollbane is also a total bro, and probably the most dedicated to helping the living in his hew form.
>>
>>49620287
the Ebon Blade are my favourite faction in Warcraft
Kil'jaeden's greatest plan twisted against him into his ultimate nightmare. A group of chaotic good death knights and necromancers forged into a nigh unstoppable hammer to smash the Legion into submission.
Death knights can't be corrupted by the Legion or Old Gods, and will not be lost in battle as long as one of their comrades survives the engagement.
Every single one of them is ready to live and die as many times as need be to save Azeroth and the universe from anything that threatens it

and they don't even cry about it like demon hunters do
>>
>>49620287
>>49620534
Somebody raised a good point to me before.

Demons have been shown to control the undead. Dreadlords have canonically raised the undead, and possibly controlled them too. It's been established that sentient undead that break free of control are either impossible or really hard to control again, but nothing much about mindless undead.

Say the Ebon Blade decides to go full out. The new Lich King tags along and they bring all the Scourge and undead with them and open a portal to Argus to skullfuck the legion into submission. Is there a chance of the dreadlords/eredar turning around and making the mindless scourge under their command and pushing that wave of undead straight back at them?
>>
>>49620613
The Lich King was created by the Legion though he supposedly broke free of their control it is possible Kil'jaden though of this possibility and put fail safes in place
>>
>>49620613
dreadlords (and I assume Inquisitors but it hasn't been shown) can control undead, but the Helm of Domination's control over the Scourge can't be broken by any known means other than the Frozen Throne's power leaking out, which Arthas' merging with Ner'zhul has eliminated as a problem
>>
>>49620613
Demons may engage in necromancy, but the scourge has it down to a science. The Death Knights were largely controlled by the lich king and were raised with his brand of magic. It stands to reason that now that they are free of the Lich King's mental block, they will be taking steps to ensure that the same doesn't happen to them again.

The Lich king was an immensely powerful necromancer that was watched over by the dreadlords to make sure he wasn't going to betray them. We don't know if individual demons even have the kind of magic to raise armies on par with the ebon blade, let alone the scourge.
>>
>>49613249
Is that the one girl that gets fugged by a wendigo?
>>
>>49620684
>>49620659
>>49620649
All good points. Thanks for answering.

What if the Lich King wasn't present and it was Ebon Blade vs. Scourge? Would there be any control issues there?
>>
>>49620836
If the scourge had a few powerful necromancers on their side they would probably need to take countermeasures. Otherwise the DK controlling the others is the most likely situation
>>
>>49620836
>>49620855
I meant Ebon Blade vs Burning Legion. Derp.
>>
>>49619330
>>49617949
>>49617888
It was a joke based on Kul Tiras movement.
>>
>>49620897
If the lich king never existed Death Knights would be on the legions side already.
If he just wasn't involved well the Death Knights have trained extensively in mental strength to resist his call. It would take a extremely powerful demon like Kil'jaden himself to bring them to heel. Any distraction could cause them to break free again, it would be easier just to destroy them.
>>
>>49620897
depends on what way you look at it. The death knights were actively trying to increase their dominion over the undead ever since the ebon blade went scourge patrol. They have access to a large amounts of incredibly potent artefacts including several legion made runeblades which are capable of fucking shit up or absorbing demon souls.

>>49621035
If the lich king didn't exist, current generation death knights wouldn't exist.
>>
>>49621141
Exactly and original type death knights would most likely be legion affiliated
>>
>>49620836
any demon powerful enough to even think of controlling an Ebon Knight could just kill him instead
>>
>>49621141
>If the lich king didn't exist, current generation death knights wouldn't exist.
Trans-orcs everywhere
>>
>>49621264
Such a dark timeline that would be
>>
File: 9495157.jpg (17KB, 245x238px) Image search: [Google]
9495157.jpg
17KB, 245x238px
>>49621363
>>
>>49621233
1st gen DKs were pretty much minor demons that possessed corpses.
They were med to high ranking shadow council members that got 'killed' by Ogrim and Gul'dan was going to join them until he put their souls in soulstones and put them in dead bodies of knights.

Compare them to Necrolytes that were largely dealing with shadow magic and seem to have been part of the shadowmoon clan led by ner'zhul. They formed the basis of the scourge. Ner'zhul and the shadowmoon valley orcs might have been practicing a primitive form of necromancy.
>>
>>49615426
I like this map because it preserves the ideal world that's pre-panda/vrykul/titan-construct bullshit.
>>
File: inhuman.jpg (22KB, 241x215px) Image search: [Google]
inhuman.jpg
22KB, 241x215px
Reminder that any and all non-humans are scum
>>
>>49622605

Nice post, dude!

I bet you roleplay a Scarlet Crusade member, too.
>>
>>49622605
human DKs count as human.
>>
>>49622503
>hating the titan construct stuff.
nice hipster bullshit.
>>
>>49623052
Uldaman was perfect and filled with mystery.
Ulduar was filled with retcon and was in your face about these powerful demi-gods replacing the power of the Dragon Aspects, who also use insane technologies that would leap current civilizations hundredfold.
>>
>>49618362
Yeah but look at Aggra.

Look at what she did to our boy.

LOOK.
>>
>>49617716
Like you wouldn't if you had an ass like that.
>>
>>49617534
>Wandering Isle, which just happens to be a massive turtle carrying a small muncipality on its back
>Has a fixed location on a map

My REEEE sense is tingling.
>>
>>49623324
the technology just isn't there yet
>>
>>49623324
The map is in real time, it just moves veeerrry slowly.
>>
File: Wc3RegionMap.jpg (792KB, 1684x2384px) Image search: [Google]
Wc3RegionMap.jpg
792KB, 1684x2384px
>>49622503
The WoW maps bother me too much with how they're so adapted to fit into a game more easily.
>>
>>49623241
I don't give a flying fuck about thrall or the horde. Saying that Jaina and thrall were natural nerd lovers because jaina killed off her father to make sure a peace lasted is some specious thinking.

Reinforcing that with her feeling bad that a person she had feelings for before and who died still thinking of her is bad characterization because she was SO OVER HIM in WC3 is worse.

I don't give a fuck about the guy's second part of the argument because his first part of the argument is dogshit and goes against basic human interaction.
>>
>>49623324
WoW runs on a 10+ year old engine
>>
>>49624239
It's also, you know, a static map.
>>
File: rend_blackhand.jpg (279KB, 1895x782px) Image search: [Google]
rend_blackhand.jpg
279KB, 1895x782px
I watched Warcraft for the 2nd time last night with Bluray after earlier seeing some Chinese 360p version some months ago.

I'd raise the rating from a 5/10 to 7/10.
I don't know why exactly, but none of the pacing issues stood out to me this time around. Ragna Lothbrok's acting was on point, Khadgar didn't seem as bad. Garona was still terrible. Orcs were far, far better than I remembered.

Major complaints are that Garona's teeth were far too white and that humans looked ridiculous in that armor and those lion-heralded shields.
I'd be disappointed if they didn't try to continue the series with another film.
>>
>>49624633
You really want to see how much more they'll retcon? Garona's supposed to be half-orc, but she looked like a green human with tusks. Actual orc women were spot-on, though
>>
>>49624698
Well of course she's gonna look less like an orc if she's only half orc.
>>
>>49624698
I guess I just don't care if I don't consider it headcanon? Much like I don't give a shit about what Blizzard does to Warcraft lore through WoW nowadays--just try to enjoy whatever gameplay was available, or whatever interesting quests the rare employee conjures up.
Any story involving the clans is interesting enough to view in my books.

Garona was a mistake.
>>
>>49624770
>Any story involving the clans
Yes, like Frostwolf and...
>>
>>49624852
REND BLACKHAND
>>
>>49624698
Even in the game canon where she has zero human genetics, she was intentionally mutated by Gul'dan and Medivh to look more human so she could infiltrate them easier.
The movie making her half-human just takes out having to explain the orc rape party on her draenei mother and the artificial aging and the magical manipulation of her appearance.
>>49624633
>Rend
That's not Rend. Rend was that Blackhand's son.
>>
>>49624943
Oh, that makes more sense.
What kind of fella doesn't have a first/last name?
>>
File: Blackhand.jpg (158KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Blackhand.jpg
158KB, 752x1062px
>>49625124
Blackhand doesn't. Dude's fucking great. Only cool Warlord in WoD.
>>
>>49625209
Kilrog was pretty cool as well.
Come to think of it, are Blackhand and Durotan the only warlords who don't seem to have a second name (Ner'zul nonwithstanding, but I get the feeling the parts separated by apostrope might be his given and famility name. Having an apostrope in your named seemed to be a general Shadowmoon thing, as Gul'dan had it as well).
>>
>>49624852
Warsong is still kicking. Shadowmoon,Shattered Hand, and Bleeding Hollow are all out there.

Twilight's Hammer and Dragonmaw will likely come later.
>>
>>49625246
Kilrogg would have played better in Grom's place as the one to lead the remaining orcs against Gul'dan.

Grommash needed his own raid where he was beaten after realizing Garrosh was his son and hearing Thrall tell him of what all happened during the Third War.
>>
>>49625246
Gul'dan was no Shadowmoon.
>>
>>49625400
MU Gul'dan was Shadowmoon. He was Ner'zhul's apprentice before being kicked out for being a dick.
AU Gul'dan is from some podunk village in the desert.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 500x313px
>>49623724
Arthas is a shit.

Thraina OTP
>>
>>49625209
Also, the only one that managed to feel thratening among all of the much-touted Warlords:

>Ner'zhul
Literally a dungeon boss, and a rather easy one at that.

>Orgrim Doomhammer
Even worse than Ner'zhul, just showed up for half a dozen quests in Talador and got himself killed.

>Kargath Bladefist
First boss of the expansion's first raid, shows up for literally no reason and gets gibbed in an ogre gladiatorial arena by a bunch of murderhobos.

>Kilrogg Deadeye
Could have been greatly written, became a pugbreaker raid boss (because killing the few adds and standing in Visions of Demise IS SO HARD GUISE).

>Durotan
Didn't do that much, really. Just sat at Bladespire Fortress freezing his balls off after the leveling process was done with.

>Garrosh Hellscream
Shows up in Nagrand's final questline, accepts Thrall's Mak'gora, gets eletrocuted to spongy coal when shammy-boy realizes he can't win the fight fair and square.

>Grommash Hellscream
he a good boi, he dindu nuffin

>>49625246
AU Gul'dan isn't from the Shadowmoon clan, if the Harbingers series is canon. He came from an unnamed orc village that was burnt to the ground once he drank the green Kool-Aid. MU Gul'dan was born in the Shadowmoon clan, though.
>>
>>49625209
I liked Kargath. The dude was such a total badass, especially his voice. Even his death is kinda sad though a bit anti-climactic like most of the other Warlord deaths, "And that's... One hundreeed..."
>>
>>49625454
>Literally a dungeon boss, and a rather easy one at that.
Beta Ner'zhul was unbeatable on heroic. Massively overtuned and his little black puck of death was on a very short cooldown and only ever cast on the tank. Shit was fucked, when he did his huge cone of fuck you.
Then the skeletons each had way too much HP.
But it was a nice challenge. Much better than what we got in the end.
>>
>>49624878
>>49625274
I meant the movie
>>
>>49625562
BLACKHAND CLAN
>>
>>49625562
Um...no. Sequel(if it happens) probably gonna be Lord of the Clans so Thrall might get to chill with the Warsong
>>
File: thrall and jaina.jpg (94KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thrall and jaina.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
>>49613001
Jaina plz
>>
>>49625602
Or they could actually finish the first fucking movie and show Stormwind getting the rape and pillage treatment
>>
>>49625454
To be accurate though, it's pretty obvious that Orgrim ended up having his role cut hard in Talador for some reason.
>>
>>49625635
They should just do another prequel with the Gnoll-Stormwind War instead.
>>
>>49625635
BOOMSTICK WIELDING FOOTMEN
>>
>>49625635
It wouldn't be that far-fetched for them to turn the second movie that fills out the end of the First War into an Empire Strikes Back sort of tone.
Show Stormwind get sacked, show Lothar leading the tattered remnants of the kingdom north to Lordaeron and show the official forging of the Alliance.
And on the Horde side, they will have to find a way to get Gul'dan out of the picture, at least temporarily.
In the game canon, he was never the apparent leader of the Horde. Just manipulating Blackhand from the shadows. He gets knocked into a coma because he was poking around inside Medivh's head(searching for the location of the Tomb of Sargeras) when Lothar and Khadgar kill him.
And it was Doomhammer to killed Blackahnd to take leadership of the Horde and lead them north to fuck up the human's shit.
That's a lot, but that would get everything up to speed to get the Second War started. Which would take at least three movies to do.
Then the Third War would take at least 4 movies and then a few more for the Frozen Throne events.
>>
>>49625742
If you're gonna go retard, might aswell go full retard
>>
>>49625851
imma throw a horse at you fampai
>>
>>49620793
Judging by her having Quel'delar there, it's probably an OC/PC.
>>
>>49625635
>>49625755
That's kinda what I figured would happen, if Warcraft gets a sequel; the beginning of the first movie is dedicated to the fall of Stormwind and the survivors fleeing to Lordaeron, possibly splitting the Second War into two movies.

They probably didn't have Stormwind getting sacked in the first movie because the writers/director/execs didn't want it ending on such a dark note; plus, traditionally, the Three Act structure has the downer period in the second act.

And besides, no one knew that the Orc campaign was the "canon" one until Warcraft II came about. Considering the director has played all the Warcraft games, he may have done it as an intentional nod.
>>
File: tcg-series3-036-full.jpg (833KB, 1540x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tcg-series3-036-full.jpg
833KB, 1540x1200px
>>49624633
I kinda enjoyed the Warcraft movie; it wasn't amazing, but it tickled me in the right way.

I've heard they had to cut about 40 minutes from the full release, and it definitely shows; I bet if those 40 minutes stayed it, the movie would've been a lot more coherent. The pacing issues and the lack of exposition for non-fans are the biggest problems, and having the full film probably would help considerably.

Unfortunately, there will probably never be a Director's Cut, considering how it under performed in the box office.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>49626169
It more than made back its budget thanks to China, which is why a sequel has been tentatively scheduled.
The BD release does have a lot of the cut content in as "deleted scenes" found in the menu, which does nothing to fix the pacing issues the movie has.
I'd actually buy the BD if they did a director's cut, restoring all the lost content where it was intended to be. Like this scen where Grom actually talks. And it shows Durotan and Orgrim hanging out like bros. It's small, simple and overall not really necessary(which is why it was cut) but it adds some flavor and roundness to the characters and world that the movie really needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo
>>
>>49626111
"The director" is an SJW, though
>>
>>49626291
I doubt it considering all the rape connotations in the movie.
>>
>>49626291
Goes well together with Warcraft's orcs dindu nuffin story.
>>
>>49626306
Asian elves
>>
>>49626291
Even if he is, which I doubt, does it matter? It didn't show in the movie.

Hell, Garona was walking fanservice.
>>
>>49625635
>show Stormwind getting the rape and pillage treatment
If the second movie would started with tons of huge demons tearing Stormwind apart I would be pleased.
>>
>>49626345
asian humans too
what does that have to do with shit? is this a /pol/ meme?
>>
>>49625742
>>49625881
Mein neger.

Orc being so big they can throw horses and boomstick footmen were two of my major annoyances.
>>
>>49626345
>implying Koreans aren't magic
>>
>>49626373
Anything that's not always glorious white men is ES JAY DUBYA. Unless it's a movie that takes place in Ching Chong land, but those are all kung fu movies so whatever.
>>
File: kGTo4Fj.jpg.png (1MB, 2198x641px) Image search: [Google]
kGTo4Fj.jpg.png
1MB, 2198x641px
>>49626383
>Orc being so big they can throw horses
>>
>>49626446
>panda tits
>>
>>49626446
furry races were a mistake
>>
>>49626471
Yes, panda tits are the size of an average Warcraft human's head. It's also a nice chart to spot the furries with
>>
File: absolutely inhuman.png (236KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely inhuman.png
236KB, 600x453px
>>49626446
>>
File: confused saitama.gif (304KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
confused saitama.gif
304KB, 450x253px
>>49626446
>tfw Trolls are actually hueg, but Tauren are supposed to be even bigger
>>
>>49626591
Tauren are like the strongest native species on Azeroth
>>
File: Ogre.jpg (45KB, 300x318px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre.jpg
45KB, 300x318px
>>49626446
>>Orc being so big they can throw horses
Yeah that's way too big.
>>
>>49626048
>>49620793
>not recognizing Liadrin
It's like you haven't even given thanks to the light for our matriarch
>>
anyone got some good artwork for a male blood elf mage?

bonus points for scryer tabard
double bonus if he's got red hair
>>
>>49627214
Sure, you foof.
>>
File: settlements.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
settlements.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>49623558
>tfw you'll never have a sense of realism in a Blizzard game
>>
>>49625690
Gorgrond and Talador were fucking ruined so players wouldn't get "orc fatigue"

>>49625471
>"And that's... One hundreeed..."
probably one of the best boss death quotes in the game
>>
File: blood elf mage.jpg (327KB, 900x1210px) Image search: [Google]
blood elf mage.jpg
327KB, 900x1210px
>>49627361
tell me of blood elves, why do they have the dudebro goatee?
>>
File: 1458731077801.jpg (747KB, 620x857px) Image search: [Google]
1458731077801.jpg
747KB, 620x857px
>>49627388
because they're always smoking hookahs getting drunk and having sex

blood elves are literally fratboys
>>
>>49627386
What you got against Gorgond beyond there not being enough of it?
>>
File: Warcraft-Movie-Details-04.jpg (41KB, 747x310px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft-Movie-Details-04.jpg
41KB, 747x310px
>>49626446
The problem is this and (posting another picture)
>>
>>49627457
it abruptly ends partway through because Blizzard thought cutting the orc quests from the capital of the Blackrock Clan was a smart idea

the breaker and primal stuff is cool, but it needed more orcs
>>
File: This.jpg (62KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
62KB, 400x602px
>>49627544
The humans not looking like this because we all know Warcraft humans are fucking strongmen all of them.
>>
>>49627634
>Make a human mage
>Look like you lift books instead of reading them
>>
File: LOOK AT THIS SHIT.jpg (210KB, 1278x525px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK AT THIS SHIT.jpg
210KB, 1278x525px
>>49627634
But no the humans in the movie looked like this.

Fucking mage looks like he could lift more than the soldiers and yet he looks like a scrawny twat.
>>
>>49627698
This.

Weak azerothians are crushed between their mothers thunder tighs during childbirth,
>>
>>49627731
mfw
>>
>>49627703
These armor designs pissed me off to no end. I understand following the game's aesthetics but come the fuck on, make it at least proportional to the people wearing it, otherwise it looks like utter crap.
I can only compare it with Gondor soldier armor from LOTR, and I know that aesthetics of the two are worlds apart but even than, you can make fantasy armor that looks at least passably functional.
>>
>>49627822
>Warcraft
>without PAULDRONS

Pick one and only one.
>>
File: stormwind2.jpg (644KB, 1913x790px) Image search: [Google]
stormwind2.jpg
644KB, 1913x790px
>>49627910
It's a moobie with real life articles and should be adapted to fit that form.
>>
>>49627931
>no farmlands around
>no lighthouses
>no boats on the rivers
>no visible flags

5/10 for effort though.
>>
>>49627981
westfall is right on the corner and is the BREADBASKET of the REGION anon1!
>>
>>49628003
Oh yeah, I can see the fields actually, my bad. Still an awful lot of forests around though.
6/10 then.
>>
File: YouCarl.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
YouCarl.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>49627981
>The farms are barely visible from the sky in WoW
>Lighthouse is probably off-screen
>Granted, but not really a necessity
>There are flags on the leftmost walls

Checkmate.
>>
>>49628025
Yeah. It's almost like the city borders a big forest called Elwynn or something.
>>
File: 1462659040424.png (74KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462659040424.png
74KB, 700x700px
>>49627386
>mfw I just realized that this is from the opening bit from WoD
>Kargath: "I ONLY COUNTED 99 KILLS, WIZARD!"
>Khadgar: "Then I guess we owe you one."

Damn, took me till Legion to realize that but that's brilliant writing. Too bad the majority of WoD was utter garbo
>>
>>49628121
Gorian gladiator slaves were supposed to be set free after getting 100 kills. The first one to ever survive to that point was Kargath, and when he reached it the emperor refused to free him. That's what caused him to escape and lead the rebellion that started the Shattered Hand clan. In his arena you cheat him out of your hundred kills, so he finds you in the Highmaul arena to force you to earn your final kill or die trying
>>
>>49628215
I knew that much, but it makes sense now since you're kind of picking up where you left off at the dark portal.

You got your hundredth kill, you're free to go.
>>
>>49627981
Isn't there farmland just to the right? looks like a wheat field
>>
>>49628338
I believe the point is that land around a giant capital would not be so lush with forestry, no matter if there's some more ideal farmlands a short leap away.
>>
Warcraft Lore, tell me again the story about how the Legion invaded but was defeated and driven off by an army of Huln Highmountain.
>>
>>49623724
I will accept your point, but I think both could have a political marriage, a thing to make the raced stop beating each other and focus. Thrall used to be s good orc, knew his race fucked up, tried to fix what other warchiefs did, Aggra made him go full retard, and look where we are now. Jaina turned into her dad (for good reasons, do mind) Thr- oh, I mean Go'el is a shit, and Sylvanas is on the throne. With the help of Jaina, they could fix the racial problens somewhat, and lead their people to a better future.
>>
>>49628526
Basically the night elves whipped their beastial slaves into action and funneled them to the frontlines to be slaughtered by demons twice the size of them. Huln was one of the slaves.
>>
>>49628581
>will never see night trolls again
>>
>>49628446
Oh I know but it is Warcraft so it might be some retarded like the forest being the royal hunting grounds.
>>
>>49628581
>Huln was one of the slaves.
I'm pretty sure I saw at least 100 Huln Highmountain fighting the Legion, anon.

Tell it right.
>>
File: 1473728703853.jpg (306KB, 1235x674px) Image search: [Google]
1473728703853.jpg
306KB, 1235x674px
>>49627931
>Couldn't recognize the island in the middle while seeing the movie
>later realize that it's The Park
>The Park that was a crater longer than it was The Park
>The Park that is now the grave of my king
>mfw
>>
>>49628702
Is that an orc version of Gordon Freeman?
>>
>>49628741
That is our lord and saviour Metzen.
>>
>>49628446
Looks like rocky terrain.
Wouldn't make for good farmland even if you cut down the trees.
>>
>>49627634
>>49627698

Humans might be degenerate, but they're still descended from Titan-Forged Old God-busting giant Super-Vikings, and it shows.
>>
>>49628701
>AND SO, AS THE DEMON PORTALS OPENED THE INVADERS SPILLED OUT ONTO THE SOIL OF AZSHARA,
>A GREAT CRY OF VICTORY WAS HEARD ALL AROUND
>BUT IT WAS NO THAT OF THE DEMONS, IT WAS THAT OF HULN MOTHER-FUCKING HIGHMOUNTAIN
>ALL TEN FUCKING DOZEN OF HIM
>>
>>49629054

>In his righteous anger, the great hero Huln did split himself into a great multitude and did proceed to form a one Tauren stampede all over those bitch-ass demons
>Then he did verily apply hoof to fel ass from every conceivable direction
>and also Cenarius was there
>>
>>49629173
>As Malfurion completed his ritual, thirty Huln Highmountains flailed their weapons wildly in front of them in the vague direction of the demon portal bringing reinforcements.
>>
>>49629191
>Twenty Huln Highmountains charged towards Tychondrius.
>>
anons my boner is pretty intense right now, plz stop
>>
>>49629054
>>49629173
>>49629191
>>49629229
>AND THUS HULN HIGHMOUNTAIN WENT DOWN IN HISTORY AS THE ONLY MAN TO SINGLEHANDEDLY ROUT A LEGION INVASION, CAUSING THEM FOREVER MORE TO TARGET TAUREN SURVIVAL HUNTERS FIRST FOR FEAR OF HULN HIGHMOUNTAIN AND HIS DEMON ASSKICKING WAYS!
>>
>>49629283
>>49629582
>AS HULN HIGHMOUNTAIN AND HIS HUNDRED MERRY HULNS RETURNED HOME, IT WAS FOREVER MORE RENAMED HIGHMOUNTAIN IN HONOR OF THE FACT THAT HE WAS LITERALLY THE ONLY PERSON LIVING THERE
>FEMALES WERE IMPORTED FOR THE PROCREATION AND RECREATION OF THE HULNS
>INEVITABLY EVEN THESE FEMALES BECAMR NOTHING MORE THAN HULN HIGHMOUNTAIN(FEMALE)S
>DEATHWING LITERALLY SHIT HIMSELF
>>
Huln's true name is Legion, for they are many.
>>
>>49625454
I agree with most of these, but durotan actually did something, not a lot, but he was at least present in story moments and helped yrel out to make ol blackhand pissed before his favourite boat got iron starred.

It was also cool just to see him hangimg around combat zones looking like hes a field general or something feeling like he's actually giving orders to frost wolf forces
>>
>>49625453
>average shipper arguments
>>
>>49625627
But Thralla has to submit to her big brown husband Aggro
>>
File: Sensible Chuckle.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sensible Chuckle.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>49631346
That shouldn't have been funny to me, but it was.
>>
File: 7_kingdoms.jpg (378KB, 1911x794px) Image search: [Google]
7_kingdoms.jpg
378KB, 1911x794px
what do you think is at the center of the world?
>>
>>49631736
Old Gods. Titan fortress.
>>
>>49631736
The Secret Fifth Old God.
>>
>>49631736
>they went with a WoW map in the movie
mad men
>>
>>49631911
eh, it's the canon map.
>>
>>49631736
Suramar and the old well of eternity was at the center of the world.
>>
>>49632597
Suramar wasn't next to the Well of Eternity. The capital was next to the Well, with Suramar being the second most important city.
>>
>>49631736
a giant glowing bubble that is a portal to another world to set up further expacs
>>
>>49631736
The Azeroth's tender bootyhole
>>
>>49631736
Lava
>>
>>49631736
Probably corruption.
>>
>>49633042
magma hot Titan chuffy
>>
>>49632959
>xpacs

Given how WoW is bleeding subscribers I wouldn't be too surprised if there was only one or two xpacks after the Legion.
>>
File: cia ebanegelion.jpg (151KB, 548x475px) Image search: [Google]
cia ebanegelion.jpg
151KB, 548x475px
>>49618516
>be warrior in his late 40s
>get fucked by an undead army, because he tried to defend a village with women and children
>scourge makes him a dk
>fuckthisshit.jpg
>ebon blade breaks free
>befriends a paladin, leading a group into ICC
>forges a purple sword to kill the Lich King, because his old runeblade isn't good enough
>after the ICC he befriends a night elf dk
>paladin dies during the capture of Garrosh Hellscream
>he and knight elf dk go together to avenge the paladin and protect the azeroth while being total jackasses at it
>bizarre adventures ensues
>>
>>49632932
did their capital have a name?
>>
>>49633489
Zin-Azshari
>>
>>49628215
He wasn't the first one.

But he ended up like every other "champion", jailed back under the arena after his 100th kill.
>>
File: warhammer check 'em.jpg (627KB, 1500x2092px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer check 'em.jpg
627KB, 1500x2092px
>>49619823
>ebon blade
>die fighting undead
>get turn into undead
>break free
>get revenge
>instead of fucking off, they still fight and protect azeroth
>chill as fuck

>demon hunters
>lol, let's dring kool-aid
>get cool powers and glowy eyes
>sit on their asses until that one assault on a demon world
>get captured by a bunch of wardens afterwards
>constantly bitch about "muh sacrifice", when everyone else were just protecting Azeroth without all that garbage and bitching
>>
>>49633561
I have been wondering for a while, where would the death knights fuck off to?

Let's say that long lasting peace is somehow achieved. There have been no external threats in a long time, the factions are no longer warring, and all of the races have managed to make peace with each other.

The death knights are immortal. They are not going to simply all die of old age one day and stop existing. They have an innate need to inflict pain on others to keep from going insane, a need that they have been seeing to by killing the enemies of the world. This need is what prevents them from being able to live normal lives, or at least as normal a life an immortal undead with spooky eyes can live.

Do you think the living races would see them as a threat to the peace they created and have them wiped out?

Personally I think it would be neat if they find a way to cryogenically freeze themselves in some hidden location until they are needed again.
>>
File: jesus gurren lagann.png (886KB, 590x816px) Image search: [Google]
jesus gurren lagann.png
886KB, 590x816px
>>49633615
>they use Legion tech and refit Acherus and Nax
>why sit in Azeroth, when other worlds need your help?

Or
>go to super hell where all undead end up when they die again
>make the void a better place by fighting against the Spiral Nemesis, or Void Lords.
>chill in the new Void with their bros and families, that passes away during their war agains the evil
>until the living need them again
>>
>>49633615
They'd become a threat to themselves and other.
Remember they have a need to kilk otherwise they're in agonising pain.
That means they either kill each other, or turn on someone else.
>>
>>49633667
How long do you suppose they feel fine after killing something? I don't imagine they are in a perpetual state of agony unless they are in the process of killing something, otherwise they would not have free time to hang out in Acherus doing whatever it is that the npc there do.
>>
>>49633709
We don't have any precise limit of time given but I'm guessung fairly fast, as every DK NPC is a grumpy asshole which I'm guessing is related to that.
>>
>>49633615
most of them committed seppukku to return to the peace of the grave.
Which is why you are actively going around 'recruiting' new members to fight for azeroth.
>>
>>49633758
Seems kind of like a fucked up thing to subject random dead people to.

At the same time many of the new (generic) death knights seem surprisingly chill about their circumstances. Maybe it's because they still want revenge on the demons that killed them in the first place.
>>
>>49633792
Can you imagine being a former Forsaken DK being raised again to fight the Legion when all you want you is the sweet release of final death? That'd be like your 4th time being resurrected.

>We need you again, Brother.
>OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
>>
>>49633792
>world is getting invaded by a legion of crossdimensional demons
>somehow ressing a couple of people to defen the world they lived in is "fucked up"
It really isn't that fucked, when you think about it. Sometimes people just have to make sacrifices to protect what they love/loved. Not a big deal.
>>
>>49633758
>>49633792
>>49633811
You forget, that when you die as an undead, you are sent to the Void, where you'll be getting tortured for all eternity.
>>
>>49633837
Tell that to any Forsaken DK.
Someone post that little cartoon where an elf basically tells all his deaths and resurrections.
>>
>>49633811
I have always wanted to roleplay an undead death knight who died a human but was risen a bit too late into the decomposition process and was therefore deemed too spooky to return to Alliance lands.
>>
>>49633818
>Sometimes people just have to make sacrifices
But it's not the people making the sacrifice, is it? You don't CHOOSE to get raised as an undead, it's forced conscription. Now, you might argue that's a necessary thing during war, but don't pretend you're making a noble fucking sacrifice, you're just throwing more bodies between yourself and the demons.
>>
>>49634142
It's not like they control the new DKs. They have free will. If they want to tell you to fuck off, then re-kill themselves, they can. But they don't because they want to continue fighting the good fight.
>>
>>49633615
Peace comes, and you'll be unneeded. Isn't that what's being a hero all about?

Or just ask the demon hunters if you can hitch a ride on their stolen Legion battlecruiser and drop off to some demon world to kick Legion ass.
>>
>>49633615
There will not be lasting peace until Azeroth's world-soul awakens as a full titan, as the Old gods will always be there.
>>
>>49618516

>Paladin
Used to be a historian and archaeologist with a liking for magic living a decent, if dull, academic life in Ironforge. After the Ulduar complex was rediscovered (and a swarm of murderhobos was released into it to purge Yogg-Saron and its buddies), he turned his research to the Titans and their deeds in Azeroth, while also helping with restoring the facilities and, whenever he had the time, unsuccessfully researching ways to reverse the Curse of Flesh. Through research/study, tinkering, and discoveries of Titan technology, he basically turned himself into an Arcane-powered Paladin. Supports the Council of Three Hammers, but if the last descendant of Modimus Anvilmar appeared to reclaim his rightful place in the throne, he wouldn't lift a finger to stop him.

Sounds a bit snowflakey and, according to one acquaintance of mine, "fedora-like" (because my Paladin doesn't see the point of having /faith/ in the Light when everyone /knows/ it exists and has a physical presence, which is why he couldn't become a regular Paladin in the first place and instead turned to historical research), and, frankly, I don't entirely disagree with him.
>>
>>49633615
turn Acherus into a spaceship and go hunt down the Apexis
>>
>>49633667
>Thassarian & Co., Butchery and fine meats
>Est. on Year 2 of the Age of Peace
>DEALS OF THE DAY: ELWYNN LAMB 15% OFF; BUY 2 KILOS OF GRASS-FED MULGORE STRIDER AND GET 250 GRAMS OF OUR NEW WINTERSABER BUTTER; JINYU-STYLE TUNA STEAKS 30% OFF
>IF YOU'RE VEGETARIAN, ASK FOR THE NAZGRIM SPECIAL. THE ARMORY ACROSS THE STREET HAS A SALE ON GORGETS, BY THE WAY
>Also, don't go to Koltiras', Sylvanas is always there aggressively flirting with the owner, it gets realy awkward.
>>
>>49634142
Tough shit, doesn't make it worse, though. No one sad it would be pretty. Just do what you have to do and don't brag about it.
>>
>>49633837
>believing in saronite induced propaganda.
Oy vey.
>>
the reason that the narrative abrutply shifts from focusing on factions and NPCs to focusing on the PC in Warlords and Legion was because every soldier on either side with any sense deserted in Pandaria after War Crimes so the only people left to follow Khadgar on an admitted suicide mission into Draenor were the PC and the few grunts and footmen plot savvy/crazy enough to follow them anywhere
>>
>>49635259
people do it for the l00t
>>
I was mulling over what if scenarios for fun and thought of one that amuses me more than it really should: Kargath in the Burning Blade clan.
>Burning Bladefist.
>>
>>49618512

> Be a Dwarf or the glorious Stormpike clan
> relieved from duty after a 8 decades of slaughtering orcs
> Decide that it would be a shame to let his skills go to waste and tries to offer them to the highest bidder.
> Being an expert marksman and all, he rapidly get an assasination contract

all that follow happenned during RP sessions with members of a guild trying to annihilate each others for the possesion of a shitty Castle up in the eastern plaguelands

> Asked to 360°noscope the GM of said guild, who was a noble Northman, bribing and murdering his way in Stormwind to raise an army of marauders, and get his castle back
> His sister, who was actually ruling said castle, was quite displeased with this idea, so assasination time it is.

> Wait for the fucker, on his way through the Alterac mountains
> I find a good spot in the collapsed tower up the slope leading from Tarren mill through the dagger hills to Strahnbrade
> Set my wolfslayer sniper rifle (no pic needed u big newfag)
> Deploy my Gnomish rangefinding device, and load a feliron tipped bullet
> Also light my tactical smoking pipe, it's cold up there
> Wait, it's him
> Do my best not to fumble through my /ar macros, and start to play "pretend you're obliterated"
> He was traveling with two guards, both are blown to little bitz, he, for RP/metagaming reasons, is "only" badly wounded and won't ever be able to raise a weapon ever again
> He doesn't really care since he, as I learned down the road, is a powerfull necromant
> Nor do I, since I was paid for the deed anyway
> He got mad af when he recovered though, and currently I spent most of my time avoiding mercenaries and the corrupted city guard.
> Still worth it, and got me a bunch of killing contracts afterwards.
>>
>>49633852
I forget how that works
>>
>>49635455
The cringe is real.
>>
>>49635509

this is how I RP

what's your game?
>>
>>49635509
I'll tell you whats cringe wiseguy Every time I see people roleplaying I get so awkward I just stand there awkwardly staring and when i see them turn and look at me I start to freak out and Sometimes they as if i'd like to join in but Im so spastic I just instantly log out So hows that cringe for you m9?
>>
>>49618516
Orc Warrior: Mag'har Orc born to a Warsong father and frostwolf mother, who met in Garadar due to having redpox, but managed to survive. Had blue eyes, a sign of great destiny in Orcish culture. Could barely fight or hold an axe at first when I first started playing/leveling him. Slowly grew in skill and made friends, becoming a grunt, and then a Sergeant in an armed regiment. Eventually becomes known throughout Orgrimmar for all of his shenanigans/barfights/duels in the Valley of Honor. Go on to make a successful Orc only clan, he becomes a warlord. Dies holding off a horde of demons for his Clan to escape. Some of the best character development I had, played him for years.

I have a number of others but I don't wanna post me all. Currently maining a Half-Ogre traditionalist shaman, a Grimtotem who remained loyal to the Horde and became a Sunwalker, and an Afflicted Gilnean who suffers from crippling depression and PTSD, and is slowly killing himself due to a pain killer addiction.
>>
>>49635455
>>49635509

Also I hijacked a flying machine on the Ironforge airport with a pal, shit was dope.
Dem Goblins pay good money for such machinery.
>>
>>49634254
Or because they don't want to be tortured for all eternity because some dick needed one more soldier.

Re-killing themselves is not much an option for DKs
>>
>>49635765
Remember that Arthas and Sylvanas did a lot of fucked up shit of their own volition. Their fate may not be shared by ALL undead. Just the assholes.
>>
>>49635455
That's nice. How did you slaughtered orcs for 8 decades when they showed up only about 3 decades ago?
>>
>>49635818
Time Travel
>>
>>49635818

I'm that good. Nice point though.
>>
>>49635818
Rhonin took him to the Outlands.
>>
>>49635818
>plot twist: Anon is Knaak, writing another story.
>>
>>49636362
Dun dun DUN
>>
>>49635560
Decently cringe, still room for improvement.
>>
>>49628761
Was

He left blizzard for... unknown reasons i think
>>
>>49635647
No katana involved? You can do better, anon.
>>
>>49626591
Trolls are the tallest race. Taurens are the strongest
>>
>>49626591
>>49637402
Trolls are largest by height. Tauren are largest by mass. The cows are MUCH wider than trolls.
>>
>>49637382

How can I wield a Katana if my hands busy with a LMG?
>>
>>49637477
ye but they sly as a kickster cat baby
>>
>>49628761
He snorted that white mountain for our sins
>>
>>49637519
You strap the LMG to your katana
>>
>>49618516

My (human) warlocks background is ridiculously convoluted as a result of being a WoW RPG character for 2 years before I transferred to a RP realm

I'm not stupid enough to bring it up IC, but highlights from the campaign include:

>Being over 120 years old, a former mage who become a warlock in order to extend his life
>Died in the scourge of lordearon, becoming a forsaken
>Got better thanks to a wish spell
>speaks common, orcish, gutterspeak and thalassian
>Has a succubi wife Who was another PC
>>
File: stormwind.jpg (400KB, 1908x780px) Image search: [Google]
stormwind.jpg
400KB, 1908x780px
would you live here?
>>
>>49637654
Might be pretty comfy, if not for the incoming Horde.
>>
>>49637654
Living in Old Town would be maximum comfy.
>>
>>49637693
don't worry, those walls will keep the barbarians out
>>
>>49619593
Paladins are Demon Hunters done right
>>
>>49627981
The lighthouse is way off the screen image, you can't even see the end of the dock it gets cut off.

As far as your other three points they would be small / insignificant from this high vantage point.

1/10 for trying and getting me to respond to your obvious trolling.
>>
>>49637654
Most certainly
>>
>>49628115
omg it does! can't tell if ur being silly
>>
>>49637832
Can't tell if you are trolling but they come down in W2.

After typing this I realized you are trolling but I am still posting this.
>>
File: 1436274561475.gif (3MB, 309x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436274561475.gif
3MB, 309x225px
>>49637858
You are Trolls done right.
>>
>>49633615
They are going to take over the world, they are already preparing for that
>>
>>49637654
>stormwind
>not living in kul tiras for maximum comfy+not getting fucked over by everything every couple decades

ps. Daelin Proudmoore was right.
>>
>>49638057
Onyxia please go.
>>
>>49618516
>Worgen Warrior
Guttersnipe who saw the wall coming down as a capital O opportunity for some old fashioned social advancement. Needless to say turning into a wolf monster sort of fucked with his plans for a modest lordship but not all of them; he's a patriot but a practical one, and is a bit in denial of the savage nature of the worgen curse. Goes to Church of the Light mass on Sundays and still calls druids harvest witches despite his best friend being one, is grateful to the elves but sees them as a bit patronizing and generally grumpy in that 'aw but we love him for it' sort of way. Pandara and Draenor undid some of his romantic notions about the glory of command and caused him to mellow a bit. One time he got to shake King Greymane's hand and he will tell you about it if you do not stop him.

>Draenei Death Knight
Once upon a time there was a Vindicator who really should've speced holy. He was a gentle soul who liked to garden. The Scourge came, and he tried to do his duty. He failed, and the blood drinking monster that came after tries not to think about that too much. He still likes to garden.
>>
File: 1475276199458.jpg (125KB, 1200x858px) Image search: [Google]
1475276199458.jpg
125KB, 1200x858px
>>49638074
It's just some light humor dawg.
Stormwind will rue the day they met Broxigar.
>>
Kairoz is literally right but his plan was idiotic

Why does everybody say that Legion is infinite

Actually WE are infinite. While Legion is one across all the infinite timelines, there is an infinite number of Illidians, Tirions, Thralls and Jainas.

This means that with every Illidiari attack on Twisting Nether,some random elf faggots die, but with them die deamons- and eventually Burning Legion will run out of deamons- but we will never run out of Illidians because infinite timelines

Is this how it works? Is this that idea that made Nozdormu Murozond?
>>
>>49638266
Broxigar was a mistake.
>>
File: Arthas.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Arthas.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
What happened to this guy?
>>
>>49638377
No king rules forever.

He's not coming back.
>>
>>49638377
10 to 25 people killed him in a raid for loot
>>
>>49638057
You bastard, I'm at work.
>>
>>49638295
The Legion does NOT exist across all timelines. That tweet was deleted and no canon source has ever stated anything like it.

All demons got retconned into respawning like Dreadlords, but that's it. No multi-universe Legion, just one Legion per universe that can put itself back together if given enough time and energy.

Also, there are not infinite timelines. There's one timeline, with Warlords' Draenor being a special case that caused a branch. It is NOT a case of every decision leading to a different universe, but rather a case of requiring very special, hard to reproduce circumstances to cause a branch.

Nozdormu became Murozond when he, despite knowing that breaking his oaths to try to alter the timeline would lead to Bad Shit(tm), decided to do it anyway. Because he was no longer sane, so he couldn't accept the logic of having Bad Shit(tm) Will Happen as a very obvious deterrent to his plans.

Hell, the Titans basically told Nozdormu "There is one timeline. Don't let it get fucked up. DON'T FUCK IT UP!"
>>
>>49638295
No. The "one Legion across all timelines" thing is from a tweet that long been deleted.

And alternate timelines are unstable, anyway. Hell, the case with AU Draenor is still up in the air if it's a full AU or if it's just a pocket universe with a parallel Draenor.
>>
>>49638455
>>49638432
At least the AU Draenor served as a proof that Thrall's we dindu nuffing wrong and wuz peaceful shamans and shit until dem demons ruined everything stuff is bullshit.
>>
>>49638486
Wasn't it a big part of his whole character that until he met Orgrim he'd never known another Orc, and basically didn't have any real clue about life on Draenor until Grom told him about how they /chose/ the Cup of Unity, and how even then he barely knew anything about being an orc?
>>
>>49638486
Though it should be noted that a lot of details of AU Draenor differ from MU Draenor. Grom never had a kid in the AU, for example.

The implication is that Kairoz was able to nudge things so the orcs would be more receptive to Garrosh's Iron Horde idea.

Which isn't to say that orcs dindu nuffin. It's just that WoDraenor needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Personally, I fucking love AU Durotan's backstory. It shows that an orc can be a noble character while still being violent and making horrible mistakes. Because Durotan doesn't forget when he fucks up.
>>
>>49633561

It's heavily implied they were continuing assaults on Legion worlds between the end of WC3 and the middle-ish of Burning Crusade, right until the starting zone where the players were assaulting the Black Temple on behest of A'dal and Xi'ri.

That reminds me. If Xe'ra's going all 'ILLIDAN COULD DO NO WRONG, FEW HAVE KNOWN SUCH HARDSHIP' with us, what the fuck would A'dal and Xi'ri think of that?
>>
>>49638529
Yeah and then the Mag'orka on Outland filled him with what we find out is BULLSHIT about how peaceful and shamanistic the orcs were.

I mean we also find out that Draenor was a nightmare world and that the orcs needed to be psychos just to be survive.
>>
>>49638687
"What the fuck is wrong with you sister?"
>>
>>49638687
>what the fuck would A'dal and Xi'ri think of that?
[Angry wind chime noises]
>>
>>49638687
They went something like:
>A'dal: "Fuck this faggot, amIright, famalerino?"
>Xi'ri : "Ye, m80, let's fuck this chucklefcuk up, lol"
And so they went to war.
>>
>>49638170
>living in Kul Tirus
>laughingNer'zhul.png
>>
File: 1460321943047.jpg (183KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1460321943047.jpg
183KB, 1024x724px
>>49638391
>He's not coming back.
He's still the most iconic, sexiest and most powerful character that the franchise ever had.
I don't know what caused Metzen to write such a brilliant character, but he must've poured his very soul into creating him, because it is a downward slope ever since then.
>>
Think we will ever see a warcraft 4? I heard rumors about wc3 getting polished up.
>>
New thread

>>49639185
>>49639185
>>49639185
>>49639185
>>
>>49638341
Indeed he was but god damn do i love the "stand upon the mountains of demons slain only too have to be brought down by the big bad himself" also the reason i like the alderachi warblade lore
>>
>>49635455
Shit that never happened the post.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.