[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 36

File: Nature's Claim.png (142KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Nature's Claim.png
142KB, 223x311px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
($$$ COMPETITIVE $$$)

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

FULL Kaladesh spoiler
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/kaladesh

[Kaladesh is now legal. No banlist changes.]
>>
>>49612949
you're supposed to use three pairs of brackets not one anon
>>
So what are they gonna reprint in Modern Masters 2017?
>>
BUILDING
PLAYING
NEXT PURCHASE
>>
>>49613061
Comet Storm
>>
>>49613061

Mythics
>Ancestral Vision
>Snapcaster Mage
>Liliana of the Veil
>Voice of Resurgence

Rares
>Goblin Guide
>Aether Vial
>Cavern of Souls

The rest is up for debate. Yes, even Tarmogoyf might dodge a reprint.
>>
>come home from college for the weekend to celebrate grandfather's birthday
>leave all my modern and legacy boxes at grandparent's house
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>49613181
Time to buy a new deck
>>
>>49613237
I left like 4k worth of shit there
They run their houses like a museum so they should be safe, but just in case
>>
>>49613174
What makes you think they'll give Aether Vial another run?
>>
>>49613174

>thinking Liliana of the Veil will get a reprint

Anon, no, what about the collector's value, are you crazy?
>>
>>49613827
A MM reprint doesn't count for much of anything.
>>
Which deck has the best game 1 win percentage?
>>
>>49613181
Damn, maybe you'll actually do some studying.
>>
>>49614103
I'd imagine infect or affinity but I don't have hard numbers, just guessing
>>
How do you even go about building a modern deck? From what I've seen of the format there's only a few 'good' ways to go about things, which translates into only a few decks being worth playing. Is the building part taking those decks and tuning them or am I missing something?
>>
>>49614130

Step 1: Build Infect
Step 2: Win game on Turn 2 or 3
Step 3: repeat until Pro Tour victory
>>
>>49613174
Fucking stupid
>mythic
Master of the wild hunt
Nissa revenue
Jace the living guildpact
Guile (shifted to mythic)
Stormbreath dragon
Comet storm
Geralfs messenger (shifted to mythic)
Erebos's titan
Elspeth tirel
Heliod
Cruel ultimatum
Sword of body and mind
>>
>>49614130
Modern generally rewards people who

A) have two or three decks they can play backwards and forwards. Knowing your deck is vital.

B) Knowing the matchup. What role you have to play vs. another, specific deck. This requires knowledge of other meta decks as well. You should be able to predict 85% of to your opponents decklist after the turn 2 play.

C) Knowing what deck to bring in a specific metagame. This one is a lot trickier, and where I often fail. For example, I brought Burn this past Friday, and got hit with Soul Sisters, Soul Sisters, Jund (with 5 pieces of Burn hate in the side) and Infect. It was not a good day.
>>
>>49614130
I would avoid being tempted by budget alternatives, or at least, going overboard with budget options.
Generally, there are two ways to get into Modern: either vomit out the money necessary to get a deck you like, or slowly build up a collection of the staple pieces until you can eventually build the deck you want. The former has cost as a barrier to entry of course, and you may find that you don't like the deck you've bought. The latter can take months depending on how much money you want to spend, and the meta may have shifted away from the deck you wanted by then. On the plus side, this method does mean you're a bit more flexible in deck building since you probably bought up some staples you won't actually use, like Path to Exile if you decide to not splash white.

In either case, you continue buying up playsets of the cards you need. I do recommend playsets, even if you only think you need 2 or 3 of a card. Local meta or later tweaking may have you wanting a full set, buying one-offs is a hassle.

Also, if you opt to buy up a deck you like at all once, make sure it's something that's heavy on staples you can use in other decks.
Just remember that Green = Black > Red > Blue > White as far as Modern goes, and work from there. Lightning Helix is a great card, but it's not something you can stuff into most competitive decks.
>>
File: tooexpensive86.jpg (10KB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
tooexpensive86.jpg
10KB, 430x242px
>WTF HOW IS EVERYONE RICH ENOUGH FOR MODERN EXCEPT ME REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49614291

But anon you'd spend a billion dollars on a yacht so Magic is super cheap if you really think about it
>>
>>49614291
>>49614327
Jokes aside, I figure I was spending about $1.37/hr in arcades as a child, or maybe $20 - $30/week. Now, I spend that much in a month buying new cards, and I have an actual salary.

For the amount of cash I spend for every hour played, magic is more efficient than buying video games, even at some crazy 50% off sale. And don't even get me started on the savings over movie tickets.
>>
Help with this.

2x Ajani Vengeant
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Blood Moon
2x Deploy the Gatewatch
5x Forest
2x Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4x Gitaxian Probe
2x Ob Nixilis Reignited
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Manamorphose
2x Mountain
2x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
4x Oath of Nissa
1x Plains
2x Stomping Ground
4x Stone Rain
2x Temple Garden
4x Utopia Sprawl
3x Windswept Heath
3x Wooded Foothills
>>
>BUG Delver doesn't run Lili in main or sideboard

The fuck is this? Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>49614130
>How do you even go about building a modern deck?
Netdeck. Don't copy 1 for 1, but find a deck that works, and look at what others have brewed. Put together what you can based on budget, meta, or your own preferences.

>From what I've seen of the format there's only a few 'good' ways to go about things, which translates into only a few decks being worth playing.
The reason certain decks are the meta and cost an assload is because they are the best at what they do. You can shitbrew all you want, but your aggro is going to be worse than infect/affinity, your combo is going to be slower and less reliable than Ad Nauseam/Twin (RIP), your midrange is going to be inferior to Bant Eldrazi/Jund, ramp inferior to Tron, tempo inferior to Delver/D&T, etc.

>Is the building part taking those decks and tuning them or am I missing something?
Basically, yeah. I leave a few flex spots for wildcards in all my decks, to adjust to the meta. I use the sideboard to cram silver bullets for BAD matchups.
>>
>>49614130
As in building a deck or a brew?
There's a number of viable decks out there, just try them and pick one you like. They're pretty expensive as a starting point for a hobby.

As for brewing, just do it a bunch and get familiar with the format. The best way to start brewing at a high level is looking at what decks are up and coming and incorporating elements of another deck. A good example is RG Breach using Nahiri and Path.

>>49614613
I still believe the best superfriends lists use restore balance, that card is super bonkers and nobody realizes it. Could be me though.
>>
File: 1394555603799.jpg (322KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1394555603799.jpg
322KB, 2560x1920px
>infect wins another tournament

Times up infect players. Prepare for the banning.
>>
>>49614743
Nah.
Infect is still only like, 4% of total tournament decks, and there's usually only an outlier or two in top8
>>
>>49614743
Banlist no changes :^)
>>
>>49614616
Because it's a terrible tempo card.

BUG delver is trash.
RUG and grixis are the only viable delver builds
>>
Arbor Elf or Llanowar Elf?
>>
>>49614743
which tournament?

>tfw been playing infect for a year and dread the banlist like the plague
>>
>>49614840
At worst, you're going to lose Mutagenic Growth.
More likely, just Become Immense.

Don't worry too much, it's not like they're going to take Glistener or anything.
>>
Seriously, which tournament was this? I like going through tournament stats

>>49614864
I honestly think they'd print a better card to deal with infect before banning it.

>>49614828
Llanowar for elves, Arbor for scapeshift
>>
So what do I do if I don't want to buy Goyfs because I'm not that serious of a player? Are there any 'stand-ins' that aren't nearly as expensive? Scooze looks like it fits the bill.
>>
>>49614888
There is one that came out in this year's Innistrad set. Delirium and it gets +4/+4 or something less than that.
>>
>>49614828
The answer hasn't change from last time you asked. Unless you put ramping enchantments like utopia sprawl on your forests, go with llanowar elves to avoid the 0.00001% corner cases where being a mana ability and not using the stack actually matters.
>>
>>49614888
Depends on the deck
In a tempo deck, Scooze is much too slow, but there aren't many RUG tempo decks these days. If it's a midrange deck, chances are it already runs scooze, and so you have the options of Grim Flayer or Sylvan Advocate
Personally, I'd say go for chinese fakes.
>>
>>49614905
Gnarlwood Dryad?

In my RUG delver list, the problem is that I don't always get 4 card types in my graveyard as I'm either delving for Mandrills or flashing back Faithless Looting or spells via Snapcaster.
>>
>>49614931
Just play grixis delver.
It's pointless to try and play rug Delver without goyf
>>
>>49614888
What exactly are you trying to do? What deck is this going in? If it's just the stats, Sylvan Advocate fits the bill, providing you can get to the land requirement. Grim Flayer or Moldgraf Scavenger can work if you can get delirium online.

Sheltering Ancient or Tallaras Battalion can work if you need an above curve creature for 2. There's also a bunch of 3/2 creatures for 2.
>>
>>49614987
deck is
>>49614931
>>
>>49615009
Honestly? Don't play RUG delver right now, it's not the best delver variant and Delver isn't even amazing right now
Go with Grixis delver, it has better early removal options against the shite you'll deal with most of the time
>>
>>49615009
Kalonian Tusker could work. It's an unconditional 3/3 for 2. It can be bolted, but you don't have a bunch of options.
>>
>>49615009
Savage Knuckleblade could also work
>>
>>49615072
I like tusker more because knuckleblade is 3 colors.
>>
>>49614931
That one is too good. The one I saw was shitty as fuck. Common I think.
>>
>>49614887
It was Starcitygames Indianapolis

>I honestly think they'd print a better card to deal with infect before banning it.

It's kind of hard to print a card that deals with infect better without bending it over a table

We already have 1 mana kill infect dork cards, spellskite and Melira in some lists. Are you hoping they will print Meliraskite that enters the battlefield with a bolt?

It'd be way easier to just ban BE and call it a day
>>
>>49615121
If they ever did anything with original power and toughness, a 2 mana 1-power sweeper would be really effective and deal with a lot of the aggression in modern.
>>
>>49614931
I guess the reason I picked Scooze for the deck was because I wanted to control graveyards more and steal goyf food.
>>
>>49615152
you mean shrivel, electrickery, scouring sands, boiling earth, etc. etc etc.?
>>
>>49615236
no, those can be beaten with pump spells or blessing.
Something like
>Each player sacrifices each creature they control with original power 1 or less.
I know it's fucking busted but at 3 mana and instant speed, it could fix the format
>>
>>49615236
>>49615269
I'd also make it 1WU
>>
>>49615269
>with original power 1 or less

Has MTG ever used that phrase?
>>
>>49615296
Original is considered "base"
>>
>>49615296
MaRo actually said he'd never use the mechanic going forward
>source: Kaladesh Live Drive to Work
>>
>>49615321
Well if the wording was

>"Each player sacrifices each creature they control with BASE power 1 or less"

Then you could still beat it with a pump spell. AKA what's the fucking point
>>
>>49615357
Base is the ordinary power
>Source: Tempest Remastered humility
>>
>>49614743
lol like that glass canon is ever going to be ban worthy
>>
>Want to build a Merfolk Deck
>Too poor to get AetherVial
S-stonybrook Banneret + Deeptide Harbinger works just the same right? I just want to stay MonoBlue without pissing people off, I know everytime I set off a counter I feel like that guy I'm playing with is one step closer to putting in something like Blood Moon or Choke in his deck
>>
>>49615269
just play sudden shock
>>
>>49613726
Insane demand, mostly.
>>
File: Blossoming Defense.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Blossoming Defense.png
122KB, 223x311px
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/tournament/scg-modern-classic-indianapolis-2016-10-02#paper

SCG Modern Classic decklists
>>
>>49615500
>Infect against Valakut breach
>infect takes another tournament
really makes you think...
>>
>>49615519
What's wrong about Infect vs Breach?
>>
>>49615533
It's pretty easy for infect to deal with since they don't have much to intereact with you outside of bolt. It's the same reason the guy playing Goryo's lost to infect, this same guy actually, because the deck, while powerful, just doesn't have enough tools to interact with infect early.
>>
>>49615432
>infect
>glass cannon

Do you play modern?
>>
>>49615357
>>49615389
There's actually a bit of ambiguity right now.
According to MaRo, "Base" power as wording may only apply to spells or abilities that set p/t, but it also might actually work perfectly fine?

Basically, the rules don't actually outline it but the wording is a little muddy in some places, so it would be up to Tabak to determine the official ruling on it.
>>
1BW
Choose one:
Target player sacrifices 1 attacking creature
Target player sacrifices 2 creatures
>>
>>49615701
>3 mana
>get rid of 2 (TWO) creatures on your opponent's side, doesnt care if its it has any protection, hexproof or anything else

This would NEVER be printed
>>
>>49615701

why is one mode more than twice as good as the other

back to the drawing board you stupid fuck
>>
File: 57[1].jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57[1].jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>49615701
You should look at comparable cards before posting your own.
>>
>>49615794
EACH player sacs two creatures for FOUR.
>>
>>49615807
That's the point.
You're not going to get a targeted version for CMC 3 when the version that affects you too costs 4.
>>
>>49615834
Meant to add second reply tag
>>49615701
>>49615794
But still, literally borken if that ever made it past development
>>
>>49615875
>But still, literally borken if that ever made it past development
What about a colorless 5/5 hasted trampler for 5 with built in protection?
>>
>>49615889
Perfectly fine :^]
>>
>>49615794
>hey this one random card is exactly how all cards that have a similar effect should be balanced from now on

People aren't this retarded right?
>>
>>49615889
See, using our patented Colorless Mana Technology®, we are finally able to increase the immersive nature of the Eldrazi! To increase the ambiguity and mystery behind creatures loke Reality Smasher, we equipped it with a forcible discard protection to really make our players feel like they're losing their minds!

t. WotC development :^}
>>
>>49614613
I understand you have mana dudes and manamorphose and shit but 4 color blood moon deck is dumb. Just play New Chandra, Ajani, Huntmaster, and thrag tusk they will get the job done some lists even play Inferno titan.
>>
What does /tg/ think of playing Gifts in modern Storm?
>>
>>49616009
i know what list youre talking about, its dank as fuck
>>
File: 67[1].jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
67[1].jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>49615974
Okay, let's take another look.

So, here's the targeted version.
Now, Delve admittedly gets a little tricky to compare, but we can use other Delve cards for reference.

Murder's a CMC 3 card, right? Murderous Cut is 5. So then, where do you think a CMC 10 Delve card would fall comparatively?

It's not "one random card", you shitheel. Like I said, check "comparable cards". Plural. They're mostly going to tell you the same story.
>>
>>49616050
>wew they printed shock so they would never EVER print ANYTHING like """"Wild Slash"""" its goes against everything that MAGIC HAS EVER BEEN NOTHING CAN CHANGE
>>
>>49616076
In that instance you compare Wild Slash to Galvanic Blast, not Shock.
>>
>>49616076
except wild slash is so marginally better than shock that it doesn't matter
the custom card has such a wildly varying power level and cost that your comparison falls flat
also judging by the fact that you chose wild slash as a comparison shows that you're a newfag to the game and it makes you seem like even more of a gibbering retard
>>
>>49616076
A mild upside from a reasonably difficult to satisfy conditional clause is a hell of a lot different than shaving a few mana off a card.
>>
>>49616120
I'm not going to list off every single card that they just literally made a better version of

Sac 2 effects have generally never been played because they are generally overcosted

So who is to say at one point they won't try a 3 costed variant of the card?
>>
>>49612949
Thinking about buying into modern. What is the most skill intensive deck in the format? I want to have fun and make decisions. I never want to just go into autopilot and "my decks just doing it's thing". I hate that about delver and most combo decks in general
>>
>>49616159
They're overcosted by your retarded metric.
Development is probably perfectly happy with the power level of double edicts that have been printed.
>>
>>49616159
If they did, it would have extreme downsides. There's a reason vendetta is worse than go for the throat
>>
>>49616160
>hate that about delver
Delver and tempo are quite skill intensive. Combo can be too. You've got a shit attitude
>>
>>49616172
>by your retarded metric

You mean a competitive metric? By what "metric" are you saying that double edict for 4 is perfectly balanced? EDH or kitchen table?

Fuck off retard
>>
>>49616159
The effect on limited desu
>>
>>49615701
(You)
>>
>>49616203
Just make it mythic :^)

That seems to be their justification for everything else
>>
>>49616160
Delver and tempo are actually some of your best skill based options. Burn, aggro, and others are much less skilled. With delver and tempo variants, you have to use your counterspells wisely and time the drops of your own shit, while successfully preventing your opponent from getting a hand in the gamr
>>
>>49616196
You are so retarded that I wonder how you remember to breathe sometimes.

Let's go ahead and apply your logic to some other cards.

>I think CMC 4 is a little high for Zombify effects
>They should really just print a CMC 1 "Return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield" with 0 drawbacks

>Isn't it too much to be paying 5 mana to draw three cards? When will they reprint Ancestral Recall?

>I think it'd be "competitive" if they printed a 6/6 flying dragon for RR. Balance is an illusion.
>>
>>49616189
>>49616238
Alright, I'll takeback what I said about delver. I don't like it though. Not sure why, but it just doesn't feel satisfying as a deck. Like I'm not playing magic when delver is on one side of the table. A mirror match is actually fun to watch, but any other time it's not interesting
>>
>>49616196
Yeah, Power Creep doesn't mean anything. If people aren't playing cards, that just means they were overcosted and we should cut them down on the next round. That's why Burn has continuously only gotten stronger and stronger since Lightning Bolt was printed.
>>
>>49616265
>muh strawman

My evidence is that double edicts are so so so rarely played in competitive formats so it wouldn't be completely impossible for them to try to mix something up

>I think CMC 4 is a little high for Zombify effects

Except unburial rites actually saw play in gifts packages. If you are gonna try the le intentionally retarded strawman meme you could at least do a better job.

Literally kill yourself
>>
>>49616300
Which variants have you played, if any? Many of the delver decks are very fun as the graveyard sizing, deck sorting, and threat dropping is highly interactive and rewarding to play. You almost always utilise each zone available to you, and that's what I believe is fun to me.
>>
>>49616338
Your evidence is meaningless tripe. "This kind of card doesn't see play in competitive formats" doesn't mean shit for dick and it's not an invitation to undercost it.

>Except unburial rites actually saw play in gifts packages.

That's because a Flashback card is worth more than one that has to be in your hand, simpleton.
>>
>>49616355
I've only seen the legacy version one guy brought into the shop a while back. Afterwards I watched some pro tour videoes on it and tried it on cockatrice.
>>
>>49616379
Okay then you should definitely send a letter to WotC that reads

"Please never take an existing card idea and change it anyway. Never slash the costs of any card ideas and never fiddle with the stats of any cards per mana given to it. Make every card exactly how you already have."

-your friendly neighborhood cuck
>>
>>49616384
Try out some optimized Grixis or Temur Delver variants on cockatrice. I think you would like them more if you started using them a little more often. Otherwise, check out some other tempo strategies. Midrange is always an option, but isn't as interactive as tempo or delver tempo.
>>
>>49616415
And you should mail in your custom card so they can personally do you the honor of throwing it in the trash.
>>
>>49616160
Could try for a weird control deck like Skred. That shit's weird and hard, but powerful enough. 4c Gifts is probably the hardest deck to play right, but I not only think it's bad, but it's really just giving yourself headaches to find optimal piles.
If you looked at the Legacy DDFT list and thought
>this looks like a relaxing and fun deck to play
then maybe 4c Gifts would be for you.

Other decks which have complex interactions are Eggs, UWR Control and some of the Chord of Calling variants. You said you don't like combo, but there it is, a lot of combo decks require good sequencing, forethought and resource management.

I recommend you just get real good at whatever tier 3 rogue deck takes your fancy.
>>
>>49616415
There's a pretty goddamned large gap between "WotC should never push a card ever again" and "They should make Barter in Blood an Instant, make it one-sided, and reduce its CMC".

For someone who was just complaining about strawman, you sure know your way around writing one.
>>
>>49615465
If all you're after is mono-blue give this a look.
Also known as "anime delver" on account of the guy's card covers.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpind16/mono-blue-delver-snapdelverthing-with-arthur-fusco-2016-08-28
>>
>>49615701
so besides from getting rid to two creatures its also an instant? this shit is broken af senpai. keep trying
>>
>>49616447
I'm not even saying the design that anon posted is good or balanced

But to completely dismiss any possible changes to make it 3 mana is very closeminded. I'm just saying it's possible a 3 mana variant of the double edict effect could be balanced.
>>
>>49616446
Alright I'll check those out. Those seem like fun.

I also love getting headaches playing magic when I have to work things out in my head and also finding ways to tune a deck more and more.
>>
>>49616537
>it's possible a 3 mana variant of the double edict effect could be balanced.
If you had to discard 2 cards and lose life, maybe it'd be balanced, but as a once-sided effect it's nuts
>>
>>49616537
>any possible changes

No other "possible changes" were suggested. Just some asshat's extremely undercosted modal spell. You're getting upset about people dismissing things that weren't even posted, m8.
>>
>>49616589
Great in the board for Dredge vs. Infect :^)
>>
1BB
As an additional cost to cast ~ discard X cards and lose X life
Target player sacrifices X creatures
>>
If you're going to jump into a conversation to defend a guy who has deserted the argument, you need to make clear that you are no longer making the same argument as him. In this case, you do so by first agreeing the template was bad (so it can't be used against you), and ideally by suggesting an alternative based on what the thread is saying.

So,
>1WB Instant
>target opponent sacrifices two attacking creatures. You take damage equal to their combined power.
The issue being that a pump could get played to sneak some free damage in, which could actually make this card awful. I'm not sure how to word a clause preventing that from occurring, especially as the meaning of "base" power is still vague as other anons have pointed out.
>>
>>49616674
make it a B Sorcery with discard XX cards and lose XX life
>>
>>49616675
How bout cmc instead of p/t?
>>
File: 5[1].jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
5[1].jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>49616537
Guess what? There actually IS a CMC 3 Instant that can force an opponent to sacrifice two creatures.

Of course, you have to have Metalcraft and it only hits attacking creatures, so you might notice that's two noticeable drawbacks at once. How zany is it then that people would think someone should include drawbacks in their CMC 3 double edicts?

Besides, unless you jumped into the conversation halfway though, comments like >>49616076 aren't "just saying" anything.
>>
>>49616674
>>49616675
>>49616704
Dunno if it could lead to solid jank or not, but keep in mind that things like Burrenton Forge-Tender do exist.
I do like the W to justify more conditions to it so even with a way to prevent the damage it's not something that can be tossed around too easy.
>>
>>49616749
By the time you have to spend another card on it, it's no longer particularly worth playing.
>>
>>49616300
>Like I'm not playing magic when delver is on one side of the table
isn't that the nature of like half the decks in legacy?
anyways modern delver doesn't get land disruption so you're not gonna be oppressing anyone
>>
I'm starting to get into bant eldrazi. I have 2 caverns now and I'm wondering, does it really need 4 or is it more of an insurance thing?
>>
>>49617027
you not only need 4 cavern of souls but you also need them to be foil
>>
>>49617027
Cavern is a 6 color land, there's no reason not to run 4.. That being said with so little counter magic right now they're not that crucial.
>>
Would it be possible to trade off a masterpiece rings if brighthearth for 2 snapcaster mages?

Seeing as they're down to 40 and the rings is a collector item.
>>
>>49617180
I doubt it, you can buy one for just over $50 right now.
>>
Is there a option to rewatch the Indy Modern event? Can't find any? Thx for help
>>
>>49614651
Is brewing modifying an existing deck and building making a new one entirely?
>>
>>49617180
You can probably get one Snapcaster Mage for one Masterpiece Rings. Snaps are going for about $40 and the Rings are around $45.
>>
>>49613174
If we could get a Glimpse the Unthinkable reprint that would be great.
>>
>>49617606
Glimpse at uncommon please.
>>
>>49617669
>>49617606
That would actually make them want to put mill in as a viable draft archetype though.
>>
File: 1472510062858.jpg (113KB, 676x826px) Image search: [Google]
1472510062858.jpg
113KB, 676x826px
>snapcaster mage absolutely core in so many decks
>expensive as shit
>horrible artwork
>>
>>49617688
Good. They could also print Jace's Phantasm or Mill crab at common.
>>
File: thing.png (816KB, 2447x275px) Image search: [Google]
thing.png
816KB, 2447x275px
>>49617712
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cranial-flush/
This list is so janky. Are you trying to mill your opponent? Are you trying to play control? You can't do both. Mill is best played like an aggro deck.
Here is my mill list. It does pretty well on xmage.
Any questions?
>>
>>49617867
there is no control aspect, there's just milling with the infinite combo
>>
>>49617692
I think the artwork is fine but

>~40$
>expensive

Not that expensive bud-

>snapcaster mage absolutely core in so many decks

What are getting this from? It's only really played in what like Nahiri Jeskai and Grixis delver? 2 decks?
>>
>>49618033
I think trying to run a combo in a mostly mill deck just makes both parts weaker. Split personallity is the biggest kill on a deck's consistancy. If you want to do a crank combo you should either make the deck have a lot more draw and filtering or go for a hard control strat to stall until you get each piece.
>>
>>49613181
>come home from college for the weekend to celebrate grandfather's birthday
>brought MTG cards

nigga its called karma, unless you were actually playing with your grandpa
>>
File: 1464147896001.png (132KB, 249x315px) Image search: [Google]
1464147896001.png
132KB, 249x315px
>>49614743
>mono blue weeb got 14th

he is memeing it into existence
>>
>have an idea for standard
>oh wait, it would suck because it doesn't have good synergy
>try to find ways around it
>ends up being a mess
And back to modern I go
>>
File: bugz.png (140KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
bugz.png
140KB, 223x311px
Is this lil fella worth using?
>>
>>49618598
no
>>
>>49614743
I really hope they don't ban mutagenic growth, my mono red prowess would probably fall apart without it.
>>
>>49618598

Have you seen it in at least one deck on the tournament?
>>
>>49618598
It's like the worst impression of Bitterblossom possible.
>>
>>49618598
It's shittier Bitter Blossom what's the point? If it was 1 Mana it would be better but 2 Mana and can't block? What's the point?
>>
Got fed up with Tron after the eye ban and Affinity after losing 60% of sideboarded games after a month so getting into Infect, any tips and tricks from you poisoners out there that are not obvious?
>>
>>49619319
>I hated playing q cancerous deck and bother deck that is completely linear and hated in sideboards
>any tips on playing a cancerous deck that loses games very heavily out of the sideboard
Wow
>>
>>49619562
>boohoo muh cancer
>deck that loses games very heavily out of the sideboard
Lol what? The only two cards that Infect folds straight up are Night of Souls' and Sudden Shock, neither of which see any play really and can be answered with Nature's Claim or pushed through with another creature out of the 12.
>>
>>49619577
Okay buddy, enjoy your hyper liner cancerous deck. You sure will email the popular one at fnm, showing all the cool cats how to really play magic
>>
>>49619590
Go cry a river somewhere else, kiddo.
>>
>>49619319
You can vines on your opponent's creature to stop them from buffing it, e.g. temur battle rage on death's shadow.
>>
>>49619643
I actually did this once at a GPT when I loaned my friend's deck, was fun.
>>
>Provide Standard reprint of Innocent Blood
>Fix Modern

Fucking hire me already MaRo
>>
Do someone still use blue cards in modern ?
I want to use cryptic command but hey are too dark in my opinion
>>
>>49619884
This *SURE* will stop this aggro/combo heavy meta.

Nothing like Innocent Blood against Valakut and Affinity.
>>
>>49619884
And make it instant
>>
>>49619884
Just reprint armageddon
>>
>>49616160
>Kikichord is pretty fun, I'd take a look at it
>>
>>49619884
>Standard Reprint of Nimble Mongoose
>Make Tempo Great Again
>Modern saved
>>
>>49621280
See >>49620245

We don't need threats or narrow answers. We need things like Swords to Plowshares to stand a chance, and Swords alone isn't enough to stop this madness.
>>
Why does bant eldrazi run displacer? Is it literally to just bounce drowner?
>>
Anyone have a good Evo Elves list or is the BBD list still the standard one?

I have a hard on for legacy Evles but only own modern cards.
>>
>>49621280
I honestly don't think I'd run it over mandrills in modern
>>
File: theonlyway.png (250KB, 842x226px)
theonlyway.png
250KB, 842x226px
>>49613174
Does anyone else think they'll reprint Goblin Guide? I used to be able to find copies for $25 and was on the fence about buying a playset. Now I can't find any for <$30, but if it's going to get reprinted I'd wanna wait.

I'm sure there's not really any confirmation of what's going to be in the next modern masters, but have they hinted toward anything?
>>
>>49621784
It seems very likely.
>>
>>49621848
not to be overly suspicious or paranoid but we're all pretty sure the next MM is 2017, yeah? How tight-lipped is Wizards about this stuff?
>>
>>49618067

i think he meant legacy too
>>
>>49621554
Because that card is amazing.

Blink TKS to lock them out of the draw steps.
Blink opponent's creatures to tap them.
Blink opponent's creatures to remove them from combat.

That's a lot of stuff for a 3/3 for 2-3.
>>
>>49621933
http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/products/coming-soon

Yes, it's coming.
>>
File: brendanfraisersdad.jpg (83KB, 520x420px) Image search: [Google]
brendanfraisersdad.jpg
83KB, 520x420px
>>49614613
Yeah, here's what you do: Take that steaming pile of rabbit shit you call a deck, take out the blood moons, fetches, and shocks and throw the rest of cards into the toilet and take a shit on them, then flush it. Now build sell those fetches and shocks and build a skred deck with new Chandra and stop being a shitbrewing faggot.
>>
>>49622051

Is rabbit shit ever "steaming"?
>>
>>49622189
On a cold autumn morning out in the forest, aye, they'd be steaming.
>>
File: 1443462748973.gif (2MB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
1443462748973.gif
2MB, 514x205px
>>49622189
>He's never steamed rabbit poo before

>ishygddt
>>
>>49622051
>being this edgy
>build skred

anon pls
>>
File: QONVIyz.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
QONVIyz.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>49622361
> t. ass ravaged jund player that got his shit pushed in by skred
>>
>>49613155
I really wish you weren't joking, but you know they're gonna do it.
>>
Guys, is there something like a list of the sets sorted in tiers according to how strong a set is?

I've been away for a while, wanna get back into this, buy some boosters just for the fun of it, but I can't decide the set.
>>
>>49622451
You won't find any modern-playable cards in any printed sets right now.

Sorry, man
>>
>>49622451

I dunno man, never ever buy boosters. Just do one of those free online draft simulators until the need to crack packs fades away. That's what I did during Khans of Tarkir.
>>
>>49614613
how do you plan on winning? planeswalkers usually complement a strategy, they are not wincons. you are doing nothing to affect the board during your first turns and when you finally cast a planeswalker it wont matter because the effect the walker will have on the board will be so much smaller compared to whatever your opponent has been doing in the first three turns. and you are playing 4 blood moons in a 4 color deck?
>>
>>49622485
>he didn't crack packs and stockpile during Khans
it's all about the fetches tho. What are you doing anon?
>>
>>49622404
>implying jund cant play around blood moon

I dont even play jund but you are retarded. no need to waste time arguing here. I let you play your tier 10 shit deck
>>
>>49622519

If I want fetches I'll buy them. I won't buy a lottery ticket from Wizards or horde 2,000 boxes of a set like that autist from Alpha Finances
>>
>>49622542
It's not just blood moon. I don't even play Skred and I know jund is one of it's best match ups
>>
>>49622542
Please do tell us exactly why Skred is bad. I'll wait.
Those who hate on it never have real responses outside of meme text
>>
>>49622572
yes. its one of the best matchups, relatively. all of the other ones are terrible.

>>49622589
its a "control" deck with inefficient removal, without ways of generating card advantage and a very high mana curve.

im not saying it can't steal some games ever. but its ridiculous that anon here is being all edgy calling the other anon's brew shit and then proceeds to recommend on building a meme deck. because thats what is is. its ridiculous how popular it is for how bad it performs. its basically the bw warriors of some standard seasons ago for modern.
>>
>>49613827

OI VEY THINK OF THE PRECIOUS COLLECTORS
>>
>>49622667
I recommended him skred because its clear he's trying to build some meme budget deck, and he already has blood moons, which are the most expensive part of skred, so why not just build the ultimate meme budget deck that actually has the potential to put up results.
>>
>>49622589
Outclassed by naya burn

It is a literal, physical, tangible meme

Hasnt proven itself in the meta.
>>
>>49622667
>inefficient removal
What? Bolt is one of the most efficient pieces of removal ever printed, and Skred itself is a scaling bolt that gets better as the game goes longer.

>without ways of generating card advantage
In the stock lists there are several card advantage engines. Scrying Sheets actually puts up serious results and 2-for-1's win games.

>very high mana curve
are we talking about the same deck?
>>
>>49622740
The fact you think it's anything close to burn is ridiculous
>>
>>49622589
It's a controlley/midrangey deck that doesn't have enough disruption or card advantage. There's too many tools that you just wont have access to in mono red and it results in a lot of matchups where you're extremely gimped
>>
>>49622883
instead of removal I shouldve said lack of tools. skred only has bolt and skred as removal, creature removal specifically. see decks like jeskai harbinger and jund which have a plethora of options to deal with different situations. skred red just scoops to combo, has trouble dealing with graveyards, etc.
>>
>>49622883
have you seen the format? Skred has a comparatively high curve compared to shit like infect, zoo, and burn
The flaws of the deck are mostly that it's mono red and can't interact like the other control decks. The other control decks get blue counterspells and even those aren't good enough to make the archetype amazing. It's a bad deck in an already weak archetype. What can it do to disrupt infect? Jund, in addition to bolt, has decay, pulse, and hand disruption.
Skred is too bad to be control and too slow to beat out other top tier midrange decks
>>
>>49623230

>>49623173

Fair points gents.
I'm a Skred player, and I'm tooling around with Skred/White so I'm clearly deranged and should not be trusted.

Skred is great against Infect, because there are at least 8 instant speed dork killers, and a variety of sweepers which all hit relevant cards. I tend towards running 2 pyroclasm, 2 anger of the gods and 1 kozilek's return which are all good enough to slow down infect, or make them burn through their hand. Never had a problem at FNM against infect. Or many creature based decks for that matter.
>>
Modern needs Wing Shards.
>>
>>49622451
>>49622485

Or buy packs to draft with friends. At the very least you can buy boxes of Khans and RtR/Gatecrash to start building your mana base.
>>
>>49623562
>forgetting the best money set of all, Dragonmaze
>>
>>49623562

Well yeah. If you are going to buy boosters, do it for draft so you can actually play with the cards you crack. Just buying boosters and hoping to "luck into" some sort of deck for modern is extremely ill advised, though.
>>
>>49623628

Oh yeah, that's dumb as fuck. There are only two times I crack packs; one is when I buy a box of a new set to draft with and I just open three for myself just for the hell out it, then occasionally those three booster "mystery" packs at Wal-Mart or Target I very rarely buy and open them.
>>
>>49623173
>trouble dealing with graveyards
With main deck relics? Keep talking out your ass
>>
Infect only shows up in big numbers at SCG events because theres a lot of people on the SCG tour that are skilled infect pilots, the deck isn't really as popular as SCG makes it seem
>>
>>49625270
>skilled infect pilots
>>
>>49625330
Inb4 "b-but infect is actually super skill intensive! Y-you got to play around spot removal and decide whether to play noble or elf turn 1!"
>>
Are there any worthwile cards in Kaladesh except for those early game lands?
>>
>>49618850
if anything gets banned, its Become Immense. It hurts Infect and Suicide Zoo simultaneously without outright killing either of them.
>>
>>49625753
The early lands aren't that great. There's a few noncreature spells that seem okay but nothing in the set is doing anything in modern
>>
File: _20161003_151848.jpg (286KB, 1876x1000px)
_20161003_151848.jpg
286KB, 1876x1000px
This deck 9-0'd a modern mocs event on goldfish, seems cool
>>
>>49625753
If you exclusively play modern then kaladesh really doesn't do much for you. Even the fast lands are kinda meh cause the only color combination that really wants access to both those colors asap is maybe ur. The br fast land is the only fast land that sees tons of play.
>>
>>49625908
Hey, it's shardless-less BUG
>>
>>49625806
>still thinking BE will get banned
Keep parroting those words, anon. Maybe if you say it enough, it will come true!
>>
>>49625979
Cards got banned for retarded reasons before.
>>
>>49625995
It still doesnt change the fact that it ISNT banned and probably won't be. The last thing this format needs is less decks and less variance. We already mostly just have rush down decks and its not like those two are keeping any other decks 'in check' or out of the format
>>
>>49625908
Oh boy, more midrange good stuff
>>
>>49625270
That doesn't change Mutagenic Growth and Become Immense being the top third and fourth card after Bolt.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/tournament/scg-modern-classic-indianapolis-2016-10-02#paper
>>
>>49614435
>And don't even get me started on the savings over movie tickets.
For £15/month you can get unlimited access to cinemas here.
>>
File: turn2,7mana.jpg (459KB, 758x1043px) Image search: [Google]
turn2,7mana.jpg
459KB, 758x1043px
what do you guys think of tooth and nail?
>>
Reminder that Become Immense is better than Blazing Shoal.
>>
>>49626050
Not him, but wizards is unfortunately making it a habit of policing decks annually rather than either printing a card that is a response, or just letting a response to the deck arise naturally.

I agree that Modern doesn't need less decks or variance, but unfortunately neither of us gets to make the call on that.
>>
>>49626120
I loved my naya version. It can oops I win, play midrange, and be overall great.

It can also shit the bed.
Even with bosiju, playing against control is ass. Can be inconsistent too
>>
>>49621959
It's barely played in Legacy, less than Modern desu.
>>
>>49625833
>>49625753
>>49625958
Mainboard Cards

>Blossoming Defense
Some Infect builds are taking a liking to it. It's comparable to Apostle's Blessing, and actively contributes to your gameplan instead of just protecting it.

>Cathartic Reunion
A beautiful new toy for Dredge. Some builds had been cutting Tormenting Voice, but Cathartic Reunion is more than strong enough to take those spots back. It's an amazing Turn 2 play.

>Inventors' Fair
Could be playable in Affinity, though it probably loses out vs. Sea Gate Wreckage. Easily playable in Lantern Control where it can pad your life total and search out your most important cards.

>Madcap Experimentation
Has a lot of potential as a package enabler with Platinum Emperion. Dredge, Zooicide, Burn, and some other decks have almost no way to win past it, and even Jund and Junk absolutely have to get some piece of removal before they can move forward with the game.

Sideboard Cards

>Ceremonious Rejection
Decent against Bant Eldrazi and Tron. If either get too prominent, people might board it in to hose them. It's a little dangerous though, thanks to Cavern.

>Lost Legacy
A cheaper Slaughter Games, despite the downside. The lower CMC is very important against the decks you're using it for.
>>
>>49626347
Is Lost Legacy just for Ad Nauseum? Maybe Storm or Nahiri?
>>
>>49626416
Living End, though it hardly sees play.
Maybe Breach/Scapeshift style decks too.
>>
>>49626347
>>Lost Legacy

I don't know

I just can't see playing it when you could just play cranial extraction. LL is so much more limited in scope of what it can it, plus there's the card disadvantage.
>>
>>49626416
Jund could board it against things like ad nauseum. Jund honestly seems like lost legacy's best fit as a sideboard card, but there really arent any decks that jund needs it against.
>>
>>49626238
got a link to the naya version? also you even play it against ponza? its a fucking nightmare
>>
>>49626522
Not at the moment maybe I can type something up in a bit

>also you even play it against ponza
It's funny. My build utilized lotus cobra and Knight of the reliquary. The latter being insane against ponza if they didn't have the nut draws
>>
>>49626550
>lotus cobra
The definition of a format sleeper.

>T1 land dork
>T2 Cobra, fetch, crack it, float 3 mana, Explore, play a fetch, crack it, float 4, Oracle of Mul Daya, flips a fetch, play it, crack it, cast another 3 mana spell
>>
>>49626513
>so much more limited in scope of what it can it

The only thing you miss out on are Artifacts. There aren't any really relevant artifact combo pieces floating around right now. Besides, it's only gives them a card if they already had it in hand, so it's more neutral than disadvantage.

Even if you replace the cards they lost, if they're no longer capable of winning the game, it's worth the trade. Being able to prevent them from going off one turn earlier but giving them a card back is a lot better than losing the game because they go off before you can cast Extraction.
>>
>>49626550
what does TnT need to make it a tier better, some more resiliency?
>>
>>49626640

Yeah but it's also at the three CMC mana slot which means its going to be competing against Liliana of the Veil for that card slot. Plus the two big combo decks floating around right now, Infect and Valakut, will either kill you before you get to Lost Legacy mana or can survive getting hit by a Lost Legacy/Cranial Extraction. There just isn't any real reason to run the effect in Modern.
>>
>>49626742
>Yeah but it's also at the three CMC mana slot which means its going to be competing against Liliana of the Veil for that card slot.

>A sideboard card is going to be competing with a mainboard card for space

What the hell are you on about?
>>
Wanted to throw together a modern spirit deck, not going to be tier 1 but should be some fun to bring to FNM, any input? Not sure if splashing black for Lingering is worth it, or if I should add some more black stuff to the sideboard to justify it, or just drop black entirely. Sideboard should probably be some ghost quarters and some Kataki, War's Wage for starters.

Stuff:
2 Cryptic Command
4 Drogskol Captain
1 Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
4 Lingering Souls
4 Mausoleum Wanderer
4 Path to Exile
3 Phantasmal Image
4 Rattlechains
3 Remand
4 Selfless Spirit
4 Spell Queller

Land:
3 Cavern of Souls
4 Flooded Strand
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Godless Shrine
3 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
2 Moorland Haunt
1 Mutavault
1 Plains
2 Polluted Delta
2 Seachrome Coast
1 Watery Grave
>>
Is there a teir 1 or 2 graveyard based deck? I really like assualt loam but as far as i know its not very good
>>
File: last updated 8 10 2016.png (850KB, 1053x483px) Image search: [Google]
last updated 8 10 2016.png
850KB, 1053x483px
>>49626896
Tiers are usage-based. A Tier 2 deck can be better than a Tier 1 deck in a specific metagame.
Tiers only rate quality or strength of a deck implicitly.
>>
>>49626967
Oh ok so if your're good with a deck it doesnt matter if its not tier 1 or 2 persay? Also, is dredge pretty close to its legacy version in modern?
>>
>>49626967
That list needs updating badly. Abzan took top 8s where Jund did not in a lot of recent tournaments
>>
>>49627096
A big factor to why x deck gets into tier 1 is because of their power level. So if you played some tier 4 combo deck. Eventually the sheer power of the higher tier decks can run you over no matter if you're the best pilot in the world for that deck. If you played a tier 2 deck again tier 1 you'd be fine.

As for legacy dredge vs modern dredge. Modern dredge is a bit more grindy with the Neverending prized amalgams and co. While legacy dredge is way more explosive thanks to dread return.
>>
>>49627096
>Oh ok so if your're good with a deck it doesnt matter if its not tier 1 or 2 persay?

Not entirely. Some decks are Tier 2 because they have too many bad matchups against Tier 1 decks. Your own personal skill can't always overcome those matchups. If your local metagame is noticeably devoid of the Tier 1 decks that will wreck yours, a Tier 2 deck can shine.

>Also, is dredge pretty close to its legacy version in modern?

Pretty much the only shared cards beyond the actual Dredge creatures are Narcomoeba and Prized Amalgam.
>>
>>49626896
Molten vortex, smallpox, life from the loam.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shock-pox/
>>
>>49627096
Tiers only matter for knowing what else is on the field that you will run into.
It's why running Valakut Breach is a bad idea right now, because among other things it folds like wet paper against Infect, and Infect is T1 and all over the place. See: Indianapolis yesterday.

Go read deck primers. Often, the reason a deck is T1 instead of T2 is because it has better matchups against the other T1 decks.
If the meta shifts and those T1 decks go out, decks that were T2 shoot up to T1 because the things they lost to are gone, even if the deck never changed itself.

You could theoretically have some T3/T4 shitbrew pop up into T1 if the meta shifts enough due to new cards/bannings.

Play what you want. Just don't bitch if you have bad matchups against T1/T2.
>>
>>49622487
With Oath of Nissa you can drop any planeswalker which is why I focused on forests. Blood Moon and Stone Rain to slow down the opponent.
>>
>>49627333
A fairly humorous example of this in action is the prevalence of Dredge and Company decks accidentally giving Living End a better position in the metagame. Because Grafdigger's Cage is easier to cast and hoses Company as well as graveyard strategies, it became the premier hoser over Rest in Peace. In a bizarre twist, Living End was able to slip in underneath it because, while Rest in Peace was a hard counter, Living End narrowly dodges every part of Grafdigger's Cage. Cascade doesn't cast a card from it's library, it exiles it and casts it from exile. Living End doesn't return creatures from the graveyard to the battlefield, it once again exiles them and then brings them in from there.

It's almost cute.
>>
>>49627367
And the games where you don't draw Oath of Nissa?
>>
>>49627447
I'm fucked. I got the gitax probes and manamorphose to lower the chances to be fucked.
>>
>>49626896
Dredge
>>
>>49627590
You should not be that reliant on one card.
>>
I know it isn't the thread for it but should I dump a masterpiece while its high or just wait and see if it will go higher
>>
>>49627367
Still, your planeswalkers wont win you the game on the spot after you got through all the trouble to cast them. The format is too fast for a strategy like this. There are lots of decks that can reliably combo off or aggro you out in turn 4.
>>
>>49627675
Which one?
Unless you play the market and speculation games and are familiar with this stuff, you've got equal odds of making or losing money.
>>
>>49627719
Lotus Petal, I'm never going to use it. Not sure if it will retain its value. Truth be told I have no idea what it's used in.
>>
modern is "dreadge"
>>
>>49616706
Yeah, and Dispatch is a "strictly better" StP/Path.

But Metalcraft is such a huge restriction that it actually sees approximately zero play.
>>
>>49627675
Expeditions started off very high during prerelease, then dropped down to their nadir when everyone was opening them as the set came out. They climbed back up right before Oath came out, dropped down to a stable price and now they've hovered around that price since.

Assuming Masterpieces follow this same arc, the best time to sell them was about a week ago. The next best time will be probably be right before Aether Revolt.
>>
>>49627788
>But Metalcraft is such a huge restriction that it actually sees approximately zero play.

That was kind of the point.
>>
>>49627434
That is completely hysterical anon
>>
So I got the chance to play around with Cathartic Reunion in Dredge this weekend.

Holy shit it's hilarious.
>>
Help what version of Dredge do I build?
>>
>>49627977
Loamflagrate.
Gargbridge is too inconsistent.
>>
This one.
>>49627310
>>49627977
>>
>>49628058
I like the cut of your jib. Where do you stand on tome scour vs shriekhorn?
>>
>>49627788
>But Metalcraft is such a huge restriction that it actually sees approximately zero play.
quite a few affinity decks do run it somewhere in the 75
>>
>>49628131
Just having Loam in the deck doesn't make it Dredge.
>>
>>49628143
Fuck both of them. It was worth playing around with other options when the alternative was Tormenting Voice, but now that we have Cathartic Reunion, it's easily the best choice.
>>
File: 1463930726370.jpg (771KB, 1024x1729px) Image search: [Google]
1463930726370.jpg
771KB, 1024x1729px
>>49614285
I'm finnishing my Modern Uw Emeria.
I'm kinda bored with the creatures from the base list. I'm using Knight of the White Orchid for it's nice synergy with Path to Exile and Ghost Quarter. Lone Missionary is a staple and a real machine against damage based aggro decks. But it feels lack luster against everything else.
I need 2 drops that can help me against control mirror or Infect. I'm running Jotun Grunt for graveyard hate on the sideboard as it dosen't hurt my own graveyard.
>>
>>49628175
What's your list?
>>
Post delver lists
>>
>>49622667
>all of the other ones are terrible
skred has positive matchups against burn, affinity, and infect, even matchups against most of the rest of t1,2. The only "terrible" ones in the top tiers are scapeshift, tron, and AN

>>49628238
>d 2 drops that can help me against control mirror or Infec
do emeria decks really count as control?
anyways spellskite and thalia seem pretty good against infect
>>
I made the mistake of making an 8rack deck.

I have a full play set of Liliana of the veil, ensnaring bridge, bitter blossom, Inquisition of kozilek and thought seize.

What's a good top tier deck I can branch off into?
>>
>>49628343

Well it has counterspells, boardwipes and spot removal for permanents. Usually my aggro oponnents concede looking at an empty board without a card in hand even before Emeria is online so it at least feels a lot like a control deck.

I really, really like Thalia, and I was planning to create D&T somewhere in the future as well.
Any others that come to mind? Something that shits over control would be nice.
>>
>>49628320
4x Neonate
4x Narcomoeba
4x Bloodghast
4x Prized Amalgam
4x Stinkweed Imp
4x Golgari Grave-Troll
1x Haunted Dead

4x Faithless Looting
4x Cathartic Reunion
3x Life from the Loam
3x Conflagrate

4x Bloodstained Mire
4x Wooded Foothills
3x Copperline Gorge
2x Stomping Ground
2x Blood Crypt
2x Dakmor Salvage
2x Mountain
1x Steam Vents
1x Mana Confluence

The 21st land isn't exactly locked in. I've played around a bit with other options, but I ended up going with it to favor keeping Reunion hands and making sure to hit the mana for flashback Lootings. Consider tailoring to your meta though, I'm sure there are plenty of events where there's enough Infect to main a Darkblast.
>>
>>49628430
Tier 1 Jund and Tier 2 Abzan.
>>
>>49628480
Pretty close to what I had in mind, thanks! Have you experimented with Collective Brutality mainboard or do you feel it conflicts too much with Conflagrate?
>>
>>49628330
What kind
>>
>>49628447
hm i don't know about 2 drops but how is geist of st. traft?
>>
Which artist draws the most beautiful basic lands and/or which set?

Is it Lorwyn?
>>
>>49628623
Look for John Avon
>>
File: lands_unhinged.jpg (318KB, 1500x1412px)
lands_unhinged.jpg
318KB, 1500x1412px
>>49628623
>>
>>49628623
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&artist=[%22John%20Avon%22]&type=+[land]
Invasion block basics are a personal favorite
>>
>>49628520
Most people running Brutality were cutting into any of 4 spots to do it:
>Up to 2 Tormenting Voice
>1 Life from the Loam
>1 Conflagrate
>1 Land

Now that Voice has been obsoleted by Reunion, you just have to think about what you'd rather do turn 2. If you're in a meta with a lot of Infect, or other early aggression, or against decks like Abzan where taking a Path and killing a creature at once is a big deal, it can be worth it to run Brutality. In metas where you're relying on being the early aggression, you're a lot happier to be casting Reunion and exploding early.

I prefer Loam and Conflagrate over Brutality because Brutality is useless once it's in the yard. Loam and Conflagrate represent inevitability in your endgame and a midgame Conflagrate can completely destroy some opponents by acting like a one-sided Pyroclasm.

I do waver on the subject of the 21st Land, but I really do like flashback Faithless Looting.
>>
>>49628619
I've tried him before. He's great in an Empty board, provides a huge clock. But without support, it ends up trading with a regular Kitchen Flinks, maybe If I include something like Angelic Gift, also sounds fun to attach it to Sun Titan on it's attacking trigger.
>>
File: 290.jpg (62KB, 312x445px)
290.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>49628623
lorwyn basics are pretty sick.
I have a huge fondness for these plains from Mirrodin.
All of my plains are either these, white bordered 8th ed basics or snow. I run the white bordered ones only in Zedruu edh because they're faster to fetch and people get weird if you donate them
>>
>>49626091
What country so i can move and get fucked over by a different culture and legal system?
>>
>>49628734
Well I know an Infect player & Burn player at my LGS, and it can kill Eidolon + take a Lava Spike or kill a Heirarch/Glistener + take a pump spell. I'd probably be aggression every other match though. Maybe I can pick a few up for the board.

I'll probably replace the 21st land with a Rally the Peasants.
>>
>>49628796
Rally is a viable option. My only complaint is that it's a card that only gets good once you already get going. Most of the tension when putting Dredge together is on deciding between reliability and explosiveness. It comes down to your meta and personal taste, so feel free to play it and see how it works for you, but also be sure to be wary of it in case you start feeling like you'd rather be holding a different card whenever you see it.
>>
>>49628900
Thanks anon, I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>49627704
I just wanted to build a fun deck. ;_;
Red Moon seems to be the only expensive card on there.
>>
>>49628710
You must love generic stock photos too then.
>>
>>49629006
>>
>>49629006
>picture of a landscape
>wow, why does it look like a landscape, where are the lasers and the dinosaurs!?
>>
>>49628766
maybe try a planeswalker for controlish matchups?
only 2drops i can think of for control are really fragile: grand abolisher and spirit of the labyrinth

>>49628623
pic related is pretty nice

>>49628330
>6th place in scg indianapolis
>http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=108157
>>
File: 67.jpg (314KB, 1557x443px)
67.jpg
314KB, 1557x443px
>>49628623
These are the lands I use for limited and constructed. Full art lands are nice but Unhinged lands are so cliche and frankly I think they're pretty overrated
>>
>>49628978
If you're ready to drop money on Blood Moons, you could go with something like the R/G Land Destruction deck, Skred, or Blue Moon.
>>
>>49629033
John Avon lands are generic and boring.
The only interesting thing about them is that it's full art.
>>
>>49629079
Post what basic lands you think are good so I can call them generic and boring. You can call any land boring, they're lands.
>>
>>49629076
Unhinged Island and forest are spectacular
>>
File: Chippy.png (814KB, 936x445px) Image search: [Google]
Chippy.png
814KB, 936x445px
>>49628623
Classics.
>>
File: 420013_1.jpg (113KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
420013_1.jpg
113KB, 400x400px
>>49628623
>better border than Unhinged
>fairly unique landscapes because of Zendikar
>John Avon
>affordable

They're perfect, and I'm a richfag.
>>
>>49629077
I feel that would be too competitive.
>>
>>49629200
John Avon Zendikar lands aren't even the best Zendikar lands
>>
>>49629096
I like this Island from SOI.
Will post more in a minute.
>>
File: 258[1].jpg (50KB, 312x445px)
258[1].jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>49629248
Innistrad is a good place for lands.
>>
>>49629248
This one, from Kaladesh.
>>
File: Island-MtG-Art.jpg (488KB, 2000x1462px) Image search: [Google]
Island-MtG-Art.jpg
488KB, 2000x1462px
>>49629270
And this one, from Ravnica.
>>
>>49629306
My favorite Plains, from Ravnica,
>>
File: Mwonvuli Acid-Moss.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mwonvuli Acid-Moss.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49629405
>>49629405
>>
>>49629248
>generic town, featuring generic ship
>>49629264
>generic graveyard
>>49629356
>generic buildings + generic floating fantasy buildings
I'll give you the other two though. Your taste in swamp is shit though.
>>
File: 104401_200w.jpg (19KB, 200x285px)
104401_200w.jpg
19KB, 200x285px
I just got into the game and I like this one because it was the first one I got foil.
>>
>>49614743
How the hell did UR Gifts storm get 4th??
>>
File: $1.50.jpg (406KB, 768x432px)
$1.50.jpg
406KB, 768x432px
Are there any cheap rares from Kaladesh you expect to rise in price from Modern play?
>>
>>49630959
The one that searches your artifact and hurts you. The one that does 50 damage. The one in your pic. I like the haste car. I hope that one goes up.
>>
>>49625964
So it's... Shard Bug?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.