[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...Identity Spoofed ...Encryption Keys Generated ...Connecte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 46

File: city.jpg (78KB, 752x900px) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
78KB, 752x900px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: ******
>>>Enter Passcode: ************
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to EVONet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer.
>Last Viewed Files: >>49586902
>Tittilating_Tails.trid
>Why_Only_Four_If_You_Want_More_-_Liminal_Frames.bpr
>101_Uses_For_Chameleon_Skin.ndc

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 8129 (68% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "Centaurs are out of style, it's all about driders now."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running BewareTheSheBeast.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What's your favorite style of mage? Not just tradition, but the whole theme.
"In the ground where the street sam put them" is fine too.
>>
>>49606834
>cant search shadowrun in the catalog and reach /srg/
OP you fucker
>>
File: Tir Ghost.jpg (287KB, 1364x771px) Image search: [Google]
Tir Ghost.jpg
287KB, 1364x771px
>>49607020
Why shadowrun and not srg? Saves you some letters, and unless OP completely fucks everything up it's in the copypasta.
>>
File: anarchy cover.jpg (611KB, 880x1100px) Image search: [Google]
anarchy cover.jpg
611KB, 880x1100px
>>49607020

Literally just did this!

"Oh hey shadowrun anarchy is out, wonder what TG is saying"

*opens catalogue, CTRL-F "SHADOWRUN", Its Fucking Nothing!*

By the way, Shadowrun Anarchy is out! I think I liked the prototype cover better.
>>
File: Shamanic Mask.png (139KB, 384x329px) Image search: [Google]
Shamanic Mask.png
139KB, 384x329px
>>49606834
>What's your favorite style of mage? Not just tradition, but the whole theme.

I liked the traditional shaman archetype where you were actually dealing with spirits. Nowadays everyone can just snap their fingers and make a bundle of mana with different paint jobs appear and do whatever they want. I loved it when mentor spirits were things hermetics just couldn't grok because they simply couldn't understand magic in that way, when you had to find out who the spirit of the land was and what you could offer as a trade for their assistance, when the magic reached out and filled your whole body and changed you, flesh and soul.

Unified Magic Theory is imo one of the worst cases of a game compromising story for mechanics.
>>
>>49607207
It really bugs me that they're reusing art from Chrome Flesh for the cover. Should hardly be surprised after seeing art reused in Howling Shadows within ten pages of each other, but how broke are they that they can't spring for a new piece of art?
>>49607222
The problem with that was largely that if you couldn't coerce your GM into having the type of spirit you NEEDED be at that area, you were moderately fucked.
>>
>>49607473

Shit writers are much cheaper than the caliber of artist they have got us used to, I guess?

I actually wonder how much they pay for each book, on their end. What was the total cost of R&D, Q&A for Anarchy? Did they shit it out the door and expect zero return?
>>
File: Elf Nomad.jpg (17KB, 236x330px)
Elf Nomad.jpg
17KB, 236x330px
>>49607497
>Did they shit it out the door and expect zero return?

No company does something expecting zero return. Their goal is to make money off the 'rules-light' crowd, and tempt some of them deeper in the SR bog and get them to buy regular books.

>>49607473
It's not like any of the spirits were so awful that you NEEDED a specific one. There's generally an optimal type for what you wanted to do, but if the place happens to be the domain of a spirit of fog and not a spirit of the hearth, you need to change your thinking and work through the issue. That give and take is exactly what I liked about the system, and it set shamans apart from hermetics; one works with the mana, the other imposes upon it.
>>
>>49606834
>favorite style of mage
Either Christian that summons flaming judgment angels to purge evil, or bear shaman.

Speaking of mages, have you guys ever had weird mentor spirits in a game? Right now a player of mine has another PC as his, in the sense that the spirit guiding him manifested to the character as a more morally sound, idealized verson of another player. Its lead to some fun RP moments.
>>
>>49607570

Maybe they expect this to explode amongst the geek-chic, critical role watching type crowd who find standard too dense

In which case, minimum investment, good return potential. But I don't know how it plays, so maybe it's still over their heads.
>>
>>49607207
>>49607020
Man up and start using filters.
>>
>>49607570
I feel like the bigger issue with shamanic spirits ala 3e and earlier is that I shouldn't be able to render a summoning worthless by jumping through a door. Yes, I exaggerate a little, but I'm likely to go from, say domain of Sky or City because we were outside to domain of Hearth because I'm inside a building.

And at that point the shaman's spirit can't do anything to me. He could leave the domain of Sky or City to go into Hearth and do another summoning there, or possibly something tricky with services and guarding places, but that's likely to draw some heat, especially if the spirit was a City spirit and I have some way of following that goes from Hearth to Hearth.
>>
>>49607570
>No company does something expecting zero return

Sure they do. They'll even plan to take a loss sometimes. PS3s and xbox 360s had msrps at well below their manufacturing costs for a while, for example.
>>
File: 1467344212240.png (3MB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1467344212240.png
3MB, 1000x1333px
>>49607817
But in that case you haven't rendered the spirit worthless. If you were out on the streets, and the presence of a spirit means you've left the street, then you've just ceded the streets to the shaman.

If his goal was to murder you, then he is going to have to do it with spells or lead instead of spirit muscle- let's hope that by forcing you to go to ground you haven't put yourself in an even worse situation (like inside the building where his sammy partner is waiting with a cyberspur). If his goal was to secure the truck full of electronics you were supposed to be guarding, he's got his victory.

>>49608227
A loss leader is not a zero return. For all we know, Anarchy may be a loss leader (unable to recoup development costs on it's own) designed to pull people in the SR fold where the profit is made selling other books and merchandise. It's literally against everything a company does to act in a way that renders no profit to them. Even a company charity where they give away money is carefully designed to enhance the company's image, forge good networking ties, and end up producing a profit. You'd think someone in a cyberpunk thread could understand "Corps are motivated by money, and if you think they are doing something out of the goodness of their hearts you aren't looking close enough."
>>
>>49607207
I just wasted 15 US on it. light rules how about no rules while fulling up pages that say do what the hell you want. No skill list. Magic a small list of combat spells with one line after the name. Went from 5th ed, 10 guys that do not agree on the rules doing different parts of the book. Fulling it with useless rules (many that made it so the story stuff could not be done in/with the ruleset) to rules that flat out did not agree on the same thing. To this piece of "ruleslight" story telling. BOTH useless
>>
>>49607222
Unified Magic Theory also allowed people to fluff things they way they wanted.

Not everyone wanted to be a hippie to use spirits.

>>49606834
I liked the halfway autistic casters who dont really get that no one else is a mage and thus cant see the astral and the like.
>>
>>49608343
Well, if the shaman can stay in the Sky or City domain the whole time, then yeah, I haven't made the spirit wholly worthless, just wasted a service (although that could end up the same, all depends on how much he got on the summoning roll).

But by similar token, if the runner's goal was in where I ran to, then there's not a lot of net gain going on and possibly net loss if the conjuring dice were misallocated and he took some drain.

Or if the guy had to change domains as part of his goal, then I haven't ceded the streets, just been a bit delayed. And if I can shoot or send out a message from in there, well, it's possible to have come out ahead.
>>
File: Pipe.jpg (133KB, 600x709px)
Pipe.jpg
133KB, 600x709px
>>49608549
>Not everyone wanted to be a hippie to use spirits.

You didn't have to be. Shaman and Hermetic were broad categories defining your relationship with magic. If you go at things in an analytic manner to get the desired result, viewing spirits as tools, then you're hermetic. If you had a more instinctive grasp of magic, viewing spirits as independent entities worthy of your respect, you were a shaman. You could be a Theurge who studied Enochian and the bindings of Solomon (hermetic) or a fire-and-brimstone Southern Baptist who called on the Lord with his every action (Shaman). In 5e, you can only be a charisma-based theurge, and if you follow the fluff you have an uneasy relationship with spirits at best.

You had more freedom when you could place yourself into one of the two broad categories, instead of sorting yourself into a specific tradition in 5e. It's one reason why Chaos Magic is a thing- because they needed an odd sock drawer when they realised the rules don't support the fluff of mages coming in a bewildering variety of personalized approaches to magic.
>>
>>49608383
There's literally a section of the book called "Skill List", and you can optionally turn more power to the GM.

Don't be a bitch, but if you have to at least don't be a lying bitch
>>
File: 1473439383232.jpg (470KB, 1153x1545px)
1473439383232.jpg
470KB, 1153x1545px
>>49608662
If the shaman is summoning a spirit every time he moves from one domain to another, or the dice fuck him, the drain becomes a problem. Same thing if someone tried sprinting everywhere, they're going to get tired and take penalties. If his goal is inside a building that is part of a different domain than the street outside (possible, though as you mentioned before it's not like the doorframe is the hard barrier between domains), then he needs to either be prepared to summon twice, or to get into the building and summon once. If he plans on taking that truck and then moving the shipment to a boat for an aquatic escape, he can summon twice, once, or not at all as he chooses (though the head start he gains while you are trapped in the building because he asked the spirit to crush you if you came out, and it's going to take 10 minutes for someone else to get on the scene, is pretty nice). If he fucks up, it's possible for you to come out ahead. Same way that if the sammy walks up to the front gate of a building and starts spraying bullets, corpsec gets the advantage because she made a mistake they can capitalize on. Shadowrunning is all about the clever play, leveraging your limited resources in a way that outfoxes an opponent who is vastly stronger than you.

If you wanted a spirit on the leash you can drag around and throw at every situation, you should be playing a hermetic. If you want to handle situations with tact and precision, and at the right moment turn the very environment against your opponents because you're best friends with Spirit Jenny From The Block, then shamanic is the way to go.
>>
>>49608786
I looked again. the yes, hidden under they stat are list with one line. As to the more power to the GM- still does not replace rules. There is a middle ground most systems do well.
>>
File: conjuring anally.jpg (45KB, 222x290px) Image search: [Google]
conjuring anally.jpg
45KB, 222x290px
>>49606834
>What's your favorite style of mage?
>>
>>49606834
I want to make a social infiltrator sort of character. What's a way to do this without sucking?
>>
File: Gimmie A Hand.gif (399KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
Gimmie A Hand.gif
399KB, 245x160px
>>49609038
Get sneaky bioware.

Alternatively, get sneaky magic.

For examples, google "infiltrator shadowrun 5" and see multiple fully statted characters.
>>
>>49609038
Influence, Voice Control
>>
>>49609068
Should add for clarification: "Social infiltrator shadowrun 5", and sneaky as in subtle. Don't want you getting lost.
>>
>>49607207
Pretty fun stuff. I'm looking forward to playing this with my friends who enjoy less crunch.

Not sure if I'll be able to talk much about it on here since most people discuss minmaxing.

There is one glaring issue to me where they describe vehicle combat and its stats but when you go to the Shadow Amps page vehicles are simply listed under gear and have no stats.

Also some players are too wacky in my opinion and what worries me about the cue system will be the constant change in tone. I mean eventually the mic is gonna pass to "that guy". I'm glad they left in an Optional GM system.
>>
Wait wat. Do they mean this part is the preview and they go more in-depth later, do i have the wrong pdf or did they just release a "preview" and i was tricked?
>>
>>49609421
C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S
A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C
T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A
A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T
L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A
Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L
S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y
T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S
G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T
A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G
M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A
E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M
L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E
A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L
B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A
S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B
>>
>>49609421
It's just an editing issue.
>>
>>49609714
shoulda figured, thanks chummer
>>
File: Feels Bad.webm (693KB, 840x350px) Image search: [Google]
Feels Bad.webm
693KB, 840x350px
>>49609599
One more line and you would have had a full loop. It's incomplete.
>>
Whats the best way to learn more about different regions of the sixth world? I'm especially interested in Europe.
What countries states are there, how is the culture, any more information on the Fiux State (all i know is from the dragonfall game pretty much)?
>>
>>49609885
Anyone ever actually play a game in Tir Tairngire or any of the Native American locales?
>>
>>49609885
sixth world almanac and the various fluff books that focus on specific regions

look in the archive, most will be for 3rd and 4th edition
>>
>>49609038
Focus on disguise, impersonation, etqiuette for the infiltration part of social infil, with Con, Intimidation, Leadership, & Negotiation for social control. Charisma is your offensive attribute, but Charisma, Intuition, and Willpower (also Perception) are all used for social defence vs particular skills.

Take adept powers or bioware that gives bonuses to the above. It's hard to truly suck when you do this, unless you really try to gimp yourself or ignore combat / stealth.
>>
>>49609963
thanks
>>
>>49609959
The real NAN arent halfway as isolationist as Tir Tairngire is, you can not only go to the Sioux Nation but then leave it to others, however the NAN dont really let corps have a big prescence so shadowruns aren't as possible.

As for Tir do you really want to interact with THAT many elves?
>>
>>49609963
1st and 2nd ed London, Germany and Tir naOg source books all have lots of good world building also 4th ed Feral Cities has a few relevant chapters
>>
>>49609038
Offer the GM sexual favors.
>>
>>49608923
What rules aren't there? The game is a poor excuse for rules light because it's not actually rules light. It's basically 4e with the fat cut off, which makes it easier to keep track of things. No stupidly specific and arbitrary modifiers for every bit of equipment is an upgrade in my book.

There are problems with the book, obviously. It isn't perfect, but that's just how Catalyst does its thing. No helping that

I can tell people who care about shadowrun were involved, at least, and it's better than the alternative
>>
>>49609599
I'm impressed someone saved what I posted.

>>49609822
Then it wouldn't be a square, fuckboy.
>>
>>49610283
Sounds like you're suggesting sucking. Did not read conditions of request
>>
>>49610322
>Then it wouldn't be a square, fuckboy.
It wasn't a square in the first place
>>
>>49609822

Are you saying the editing is bad on our catalyst game labs meme?
>>
So the matrix has paydata buried in it, not just hiden in protected servers but just, page 52 of a google search hidden.

So is it posible to be a dataminer and just spend your days sifting through matrix searches to find paydata? I'm looking for a Shadowrunners former job.
>>
>>49609822

Given that it's Catalyst, this makes sense.
>>
>>49610441
Depends on the year. 5e has the "New Matrix" which basically means it's closely managed by corps. Would there be buried paydata in reality? Possibly. Is there in Shadowrun's setting? Maybe not, since they can just make a bot that goes and cleans all mentions out and such.
>>
File: Tsimshian Flag.jpg (58KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tsimshian Flag.jpg
58KB, 1500x900px
>>49610077
>the NAN dont really let corps have a big prescence

They try to keep out paleface corps. Homegrown stuff like Wind River are just as dominant, and Horizon taking control of the agricultural production of the Sioux and Tsimshian are cases of the white man (or the yellow man) getting in the door.
>>
>>49610818
I hate that flag. Flags should be made so even little kids can draw them
>>
File: Decking.jpg (559KB, 1024x926px)
Decking.jpg
559KB, 1024x926px
>>49610772
It is mentioned that the Matrix has been burned down and rebuilt so many times that there is all kinds of data in strange places- there's probably some forgotten server in a Trois-Rivières basement is still looking for somewhere to upload CatCO's budget for Q3 2064.

>>49610441
Go for it. Get that Code of Honour in RF that's about preserving data and say you ran pseudo-Foundation; not actually going into the weird hyperreal part of the Matrix, but picking around at the bones of networks that kept trying to lead you ever downward....
>>
>>49610818
I know that, one of the states is a corp itself.
Its just they arent any of the big ten or their subsideraries, which means you arent running in the heavy leagues and are going to have to deal with fuckers like Wildcats without the real pay of fighting a corp equivalent.
>>
File: CAS Flag.jpg (100KB, 1500x900px)
CAS Flag.jpg
100KB, 1500x900px
>>49610839
I like the idea that flag design was taken over by marketing people, who spend 8 months and 20 million dollars to crap out something like this.
>>
File: 1462157202603.png (1MB, 1100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1462157202603.png
1MB, 1100x1400px
>>49610913
>Its just they arent any of the big ten or their subsideraries

See again: Horizon owning practically every farm in the Sioux, and MCT once owning an entire Nation in all but name. The AAA's are there, especially in the form of subsidiaries, they are just as in your face about it. Also, there's no practical difference in going up against Plains Coding and their private army vs. Renraku and their private army, from the level of a shadowrunner. If your Johnson is cheaping out on you because the bullets going through your dick only have two A's instead of three, you shouldn't take the job.
>>
>>49610900
Oh, that much is true! Not sure how useful that data would be, but maybe that's why they became a shadowrunner in the end

It's an interesting thing to throw into a game. Some water-proofed stack down in the bowels of the redmond barrens with some corp's OS the crash of 29 never let see light
>>
>>49610366
No, I said favors instead of just sucking for that exact reason. Handjobs and anal exist too.

>>49610386
It's 16 rows, 16 columns, genius.
>>
File: Decker Dumpster.jpg (353KB, 713x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Decker Dumpster.jpg
353KB, 713x1004px
>>49611057
Digging up lostech from the First Crash used to be a big thing in previous editions of the game, but strangely it never got brought up after the Second. I guess their desire to save what the world was prevented the writers from setting any of that up.
>>
>>49611057
Somewhere, in the darkest parts of the internet burried under the corpses of a thousand deckers is a fragmented remains of Echo Mirage's deleted data. Including a list of all their identities.
>>
>>49606834
Gimicky dicks. My next mage is going to wear all red and cast nothing but fire spells. If I can think of any fire puns, I'll be making them.
>>
>>49611130
At some point lostech is now considered just outdated crap that occasionally ends up really dangerous like a snooping program that broke optic communications that could've started a world war.

The fifth world gradually fades from memory, ceasing to be a ideal and just ends up a history lesson no one cares about.
>>
File: cool_down.jpg (68KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
cool_down.jpg
68KB, 800x528px
>>49611180
I think you need to chill some.
>>
>>49606834
I'm currently playing a Mobster Mage in 3rd Ed and having stupid fun with it. Talked to the GM about how I could make a pair of smudges float and fire themselves, and finally figured out that between levitate and magic finger I could successfully handle the pair without using my physical scores.

Then I full-powered a powerball into a car and nearly killed myself on the first session. It was good times.
>>
>>49608734
>You had more freedom when you could place yourself into one of the two broad categories, instead of sorting yourself into a specific tradition in 5e
Except custom traditions are easy as fuck. You literally just chose a grab bag of spirits and a drain stat, then ask the GM if it's OK.
>>
>>49611228
>I could make a pair of smudges float and fire themselves

?
>>
>>49611229
Or even lazier ask the gm if you can just rename Heremtic as "Jew".

One big magic system is no less flexible then 2 big magic systems.
>>
>>49611125
>It's 16 rows, 16 columns, genius.
Still doesn't form a square. The rows and columns aren't the same size.
>>
>>49611224
I'm not a very chill person. Real hothead, in fact.
>>
>>49611269

Huzzah! Story time.

First off, smudge = SMG.

2. So we're doing a kitchen-table type game at the LGS down the road from us, me and a few co-workers, and I went to the GM like "Hey, so I wanna make a mobster mage who uses his magic instead of his hands to do wet-work." and he was like "I think that's possible... Let me have a look at the book and see what I can figure out." and I was like "Good stuff!"

Comes around to first session, and he's struck with inspiration. He says "If you used Levitate to hold the guns in the air, and then Magic Finger to work the triggers, you could totally accomplish the magical guns thing."

So, now I have smudges that can be fired with the power of my mind, looking as though they fire themselves (Smartlinked to a pair of goggles, because cyberware is scary for us Full Mages.)

tl;dr version: Miracles.
>>
>>49611314
Fix your display, then.
>>
>>49611348
What does his display have to do with it? Ascii characters are taller than they are wide.
>>
>>49611697
Fix-your-display anon's browser may have bigger spaces between lines
>>
File: PScrabCakes.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
PScrabCakes.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
Let's play 'Create a Snackbar'. Rules are:
> Has to be a snackbar - no slimjims, or bags of chocolates, or things of that sort. Oblong shape ideal, though if you wanna stretch your luck with a multi-stick Kit-Kat type deal, that's fine.

> Unique company brandings are eligible, but not necessary

> Nutritional value is open-ended: Is it a protein snackbar used for bodybuilders? Nutrition-sticks for people with symbiote bioware? Soylent Green? Or just good old fashioned bad-for-you candy, it's your call.

> Has to have a catchy or witty name / alternatively, a name so banally unimaginative that it is humorous ("Try Nutrient-Compound 77K! It's delicious!")

To get the ball rolling:
MunchCo Mouthfuls - A soft, spongy cylinder with a gloopy nutrient paste packed into it, MunchCo Mouthfuls get their name because of pellets containing compressed secondary gloop inside the paste. Biting down on one of these pellets results in a "Mouthful of surprise flavour!" as the contents spill out. First-time eaters often fail to estimate the pellet's volume, leading to potential choking hazards when consuming a literal mouthful, only to bite into a pellet and receive more than you bargained for.
>>
File: America First Union.jpg (10KB, 300x158px) Image search: [Google]
America First Union.jpg
10KB, 300x158px
>>49610918
What a disgusting flag.
>>
>>49612077
MANBAR
Yes, it is capitalized like that. It's supposed to be for body builders and claims to be full of protein. It is not. It is a candy bar that happens to have a jet black wrapper and a really obnoxious advertising campaign targeted squarely at people who think eating a candy bar will make them more masculine.
It has a jerky flavored spinoff called MANMEAT.
>>
>>49612313
Not to piss on your parade, but isnt most things in the sixth world made of soy? Because thats a lot of protein there, i dunno what kinda garbage they must put in it to NOT make it full of protein
>>
>>49612366
Byproducts from the creation of soy goods that did have protein in them.
>>
>>49612366
Would the myth that soy lowers testosterone still be a thing in 2078?
>>
>>49612077

Stuffer's Shack's Stuffer Snack

A generic bar designed as a cheap knockoff alternative to higher brand protein bars that Aztechnology already owns like "Jaguar Chow". Its bland, tasteless, and makes you hate yourself a little with each bite.

Just like Stuffer Shack itself.
>>
>>49612500
Wait, isn't Stuffer Shack Aztech itself, or is that what you meant?
>>
help me /srg/ all of my fellow players are taking tens of thousands of dollars in Debt at character creation and the GM is letting them, how do I dissuade them
>>
>>49612513
It is, but not everyone makes the connection, AAA corps dont like people finding out exactly how much they own. Hence why they have subsidiaries in the first place.
>>
>>49612530
Don't, ask the GM to make it all to the same group, play someone with the Omertas code and be the legbreaker assigned to make sure they pony up.
>>
>>49612530
Is there a quality that makes someone else indebted to you? If not, ask if the GM can implement it and use it to make the players indebted to YOU.
Then use it to make them your slaves, you are now de-facto team leader.
>>
>>49612601
There isnt a mechanic that dominates PC politics becuase thats the worse idea ever.

Now having the fluff where they are all indebted to the same group or a member of it works, but even then that money goes to someone else.
>>
>>49612077
'Nutri-Sweet!'
High in all the necessary nutrients to make it through your day, a single bar has double the nutritional value, with only half of the health benefits. Comes in seven different flavours: Raspberry, Strawberry, Banana, Peach, Maple Syrup, Chocolate, and the yearly Halloween 'Monster Orange' flavour.
(Has been known to cause weight gain, particularly in the chest and waist area of women. Scrutiny suggests that the nutritional rates are achieved through hormone-affecting chemicals.)
>>
>>49612624
yeah, i fell in love with >>49612592 s idea as soon as i saw it, ignore my post
>>
What do they call Johnssons in the AGS? The same? Asking since i heard they have different names in some countries.
>>
>>49612530
If the GM does not have your back and it sounds like he is half pushing this. Make sure that loot is equal cuts and let them know you want yours. Had the same problem in my Sunday game. Even if the damm ass might start off better than you, you past them in time
>>
>>49612647
So a health bar that makes women's tits get bigger? Guys must buy this shit in bulk for their girlfriends.
>>
>>49612530
Stop being that guy.
Their characters, not yours
>>
>>49612665
Fun thing is this actually solves some problems. Its the perfect opening hook.

Several people all, independentaly gets in the red with the Mafia, rather then break them, the opportunistic crime gang forces them to work together to shadowrun for their advantage, originally by pushing out gangers from territory and then gradually hitting bigger leagues like robbing Banks that dont pay the protection money.

Its actually a solid story hook.
>>
>>49612782
Yeah, but they get fatter too.

>>49612803
Read the thread m8, problem got resolved.
>>
>>49612810
Just don't have this faggot be the legbreaker. If he's complaining about other people's characters ALREADY he's just gonna ruin it for everyone else
>>
>>49612647
>targeted fat gain

omae please
>>
>>49612880
Eh, today we already know genetics determines where fat gets stored- not whether or not it's gained- and it should theoretically be possible to mess with that by Shadowrun's time. It's still obvious fetish bait, but it's slightly plausible fetish bait.
>>
>>49612803
>>49612871
He's that guying because he cares. In-debt can really screw a character over in the long run and he just wanted to find a good way to convince them not to do something that may regret.

Friends dont let friends play technomancers.

>>49612848
If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
>>
>>49609038
Horizontal diplomacy is a part of every face's toolkit chummer.
>>
File: Lofwyr.png (57KB, 180x287px) Image search: [Google]
Lofwyr.png
57KB, 180x287px
>>49612726
Schmidt is the preferred pseudonym in the Allied German States.

if someone introduces themselves as Herr Brackhaus, leave. Either they are some two-bit dick jockey trying to cash in in S-K's rep to strongarm you, or they actually are S-K and you don't want any of that
>>
>>49612997
Seconded. Do not dragon. Do not let your fixer make you dragon.
>>
Whats a good way to justify being a swordsman with Stirve for Perfection besides being a samurai.
>>
>>49612997
Leave POLITELY, do not try to snub a dragon.

>>49613041
Athiest neckbeard. While you asked questions on 4chan
I studied the blade.
>>
>>49612997
Thanks
>>
>>49613041
A weeb who wants to be a sammy
>>
>>49613041
HEMA
Indian/Chinese swordfighting
Having abused so many weird-as-fuck BTLs and personafixes that he can no longer experience an orgasm without severing someone's head in a single strike
>>
>>49613041
You could also just be terrified that if you arent the best the best will end up fragging you.
>>
>>49612997
>>49613035
>>49613099
If you aren't well informed / smart enough to shit your pants before the face to face meeting, and it's actually a dragon, then you're right where they want you - anything option you could choose has been analysed and calculated a dozen ways more than you could imagine. Which means politely declining is either all according to keikaku, or you won't really have a choice in whether you're a pawn for the dragon or not.

>>49613041
Homebrew. Strive For Perfection isn't shy in telling you what kind of weapons it works with.
>>
>>49613909
Herr Brauckhaus is the name of all SK mr Johnsons, there is no guarantee it even is something that Lofwyr knows cause hes cunning not a hyper middle manager.

However SK is just ridiculously high risk to work for.
>>
If you were to mount weapons on to vehicles that came with smartgun systems build in, what would you need to make use of the smartgun bonuses whilst jumped into said vehicle?
>>
>>49614054
Presumably a smartlink installed on your sensor array. Just my guess.
>>
>>49614017
>there is no guarantee it even is something that Lofwyr knows

It's strongly implied.

>Hans Brackhaus might be one person, several people, a great dragon, or all of the above. What Hans Brackhaus definitely is, though, is the kind of ghost story that runners and corporate managers alike tell their kids at night.
>There is, of course, the rumor that Hans Brackhaus is a name used by Lofwyr himself when he wants to take human form (different from his customary form, of course) to micro-manage his operations. But a rumor’s not a rumor that doesn’t die, and this one has been kicking around for decades.

> All right, so that explains why Joe Wageslave working for S-K Prime would use the Brackhaus name. But why would using the Brackhaus name benefit Lofwyr himself? Wouldn’t it make it easier for him to be tracked, identified, and targeted?
> Pistons

> Perhaps because there are so many other Hans Brackhaus “clones” out there that it allows him to move around completely incognito to keep a hand in his own operations? Or perhaps because it is always advantageous to have your enemies underestimate you.
> Winterhawk
>>
>>49614299
>Brackhaus was publicly implicated as being Lofwyr’s agent in the death of Michael Beloit by his widow (and Lofwyr’s most public enemy), Wilhelmina Graff-Beloit. He was, of course, never officially charged. Financial records indicate that he was also responsible for the shell companies and proxies that were grabbing up BMW stock to facilitate Lofwyr’s hostile takeover of the company in 2037. When Graff-Beloit put out a contract on the great dragon (spoiler alert: he survived), it seems that another team of operatives hired by her severely wounded Brackhaus. He did not resurface until the 2050s. Records indicate that his intervening time was spent in a coma, being rebuilt with the best cyberware money could buy, and in recovery/physical rehabilitation. That seems like an awfully long time to be out of action on medical leave, however, so I doubt we’re getting the whole story here.

> O f course, there are also those who believe that the real Brackhaus was dead by 2040, and that Lofwyr began using the name in the next ten years.
> Fianchetto
>>
>>49614312
>In any case, by the 2050s Brackhaus had reemerged, acting as a middleman between Saeder-Krupp Prime and the global shadow community. Of course, the increasing number of others using the Brackhaus name provided an almost impenetrable smokescreen for his activities.
>>
>>49614299

Notice how it mentions that there are many imitators?

It could be Lofwyr, or it could be a completely different guy who likes the name and knows there is no reprecussions for using it because no one else turned up dead.

Granted Never Deal with a Dragons a misnomier, because if you ever meet a dragon you are already dealing with it. You just got to avoid trying to outplan it.
>>
File: Draco Foundation.jpg (10KB, 183x243px)
Draco Foundation.jpg
10KB, 183x243px
>>49614386
>Granted Never Deal with a Dragons a misnomier, because if you ever meet a dragon you are already dealing with it.

Different usage of the word deal. You may be dealing with a dragon, but you did not make a deal with it. Huge difference between trying to survive a brief and undesired encounter with a dragon and putting yourself into a situation where you have an obligation and, possibly more terrifying, it has an obligation to you. For an example from 2D Storytime, landing on Ryumo's island vs. pretty much every other part of the final run.
>>
>>49614550
My point is the danger of following a dragon is matched by the danger in pissing a dragon off.

As soon as a dragon shows up your fucked.
>>
>>49614017
>Lofwyr [is] cunning not a hyper middle manager
Lofie is a great dragon. Hyper-intelligent micro manager comes with the scales.

>>49614386
It's like you didn't bother comprehending anything. Brackhaus isn't good for anonymity if zero SK employees use it.

>no reprecussions for using it because no one else turned up dead
Wrong on both counts; it's nom de business for SK, which means repercussions for using it without sanction if discovered, and numerous Brackhausen have died - just not the ones that experienced runners ping as being 'completely normal and mundane to assense', but off somehow in ways that made them shit their pants - ie; Lofie!
>>
>>49614595
>My point is the danger of following a dragon is matched by the danger in pissing a dragon off.

I'd disagree strongly. Bow, apologize that you can't do it, bow again, and gtfo. A dragon isn't going to be infuriated with someone just because they didn't agree to a business to the point that it's dangerous for the mortal (or at least, it nowhere near matches the danger of getting involved in that dragon's schemes).

Frankly, the big snake has better things to do than worry about some shadowrunner who does not want to do a job. Lofwyr is notable precisely because he is hyperorganized and controlling, and he will have made plans for if you don't accept his offer (which might be as simple as keeping tabs on you to make sure you don't run your mouth). Another dragon, especially one who is not a great, might be disappointed that you didn't sign on, but they're not going to drop everything and come hunting for your scalp.
>>
>>49614729
You forget that a dragon can pretty much get away with just eating someone. Especially a sinless.

Lofwyr will not be screwed if you snubb him, but ever a prime runner is way behind the leagues of a dragon. Besides the sheer fact a dragon knows you exist is not a particularly good thing. Because you area already on their game board.

>>49614677
Numerous Brackenhausens have died but not for copyright infringement on a name that means "Anon".

Yes Lofwyr is Brackhaus, but the reason he uses the title is because he got several thousand people doing the exact same thing.

So just because a Herr Brackhauss contacts you doesnt mean its Lofwyr or even someone Lofwyr particurally cares about. Even Kruup has low end wageslaves.
>>
>>49612950
>Horizontal diplomacy?
>>
>>49614992
>Numerous Brackenhausens have died but not for copyright infringement on a name that means "Anon".
If someone is trashing the SK brand (lets be honest here; it's SK branded in the shadows) by using it to give themselves a leg up, that's going to be frowned on sooner or later. And by frowned on, I mean terminated with extreme prejudice and extra ammo.

>Yes Lofwyr is Brackhaus, but the reason he uses the title is because he got several thousand people doing the exact same thing.
Yes. Lofwyr has many, many people employing shadowrunners, when he's not directly micro-managing situations.

>someone Lofwyr particurally cares about
Lofie doesn't care about any of them. Just results.

>Even Kruup has low end wageslaves.
Those aren't Brackhausen. They're wageslaves.
>>
>>49615375
Mr Johnsons, which Herr Brackhaus's are, do not kill Mr Johnsons, they kill the runners, they thrawt plans, but its a unspoken rule that you can NOT kill another Mr Johnson.

So your get away with it. No one crosses that line who lasts, because once Mr Johnsons start trying to kill each other off the proxy war just became a normal war and that affects the bottom line.

As for the rest, its a ALIAS not a label of "Lofwyr is particurally interested in this". If it was just a term used for Lofwyr's personal Mr Johnsons then it wouldnt be a rumor it'd just be a known title.

It's not because not all Brackhaus's are tied to the great dragon.
>>
>>49615463
>Mr Johnsons, which Herr Brackhaus's are, do not kill Mr Johnsons
If you believe that, and accept there's no concept of turf boundaries in play here, then I have a bridge you might like to purchase.

>not a label of "Lofwyr is particurally interested in this"
Nothing is.
>conducting business in Lofwyr’s backyard is best described as “precarious,” as no one truly knows where (or when) their interests may conflict with those of the great dragon.
Lofie keeps his thoughts to himself, micro-manages and oversees where he wishes.

> If it was just a term used for Lofwyr's personal Mr Johnsons
I said SK employees, not whatever you're interpreting that as.

>It's not because not all Brackhaus's are tied to the great dragon.
If SK use the nom de business for shadow work, and no one else does, what does that make it?
>>
>>49615688
>>Mr Johnsons, which Herr Brackhaus's are, do not kill Mr Johnsons
>If you believe that, and accept there's no concept of turf boundaries in play here, then I have a bridge you might like to purchase.

This is explicitly mentioned in Run Faster. Johnsons will not call a hit on another Johnson. Period. Full stop.
>>It's not because not all Brackhaus's are tied to the great dragon.
>If SK use the nom de business for shadow work, and no one else does, what does that make it?

Except as I said before plenty of people use it. The most common being everything in SK, but there are plenty of others in germany who use it.
If someone comes up to you and calls themselves Herr Brackhaus as asks you a job, it could be anarchists from Flux, a dragon totem shaman, Black Lodge, in addition to SK. The whole point of the moniker is that its only MIGHTS never definitive.
>>
>>49615791
Germans in general use Schmidt.

>S-K Johnsons quickly learn to stop trying to figure any reason behind the missions they are tasked to resolve.
Micro-management again.

>as I said before plenty of people use it
Only comes up in RF under SK.

Anyway, I'm out; clearly you're just in it for your autism.
>>
>>49615791
>Johnsons will not call a hit on another Johnson
They also don't kill runners, except when they do.
>>
File: IMG_5070.jpg (563KB, 1338x1950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5070.jpg
563KB, 1338x1950px
How would your Runners react to a corporate Johnson for a high risk run that, if done well, means you not only get paid, but get extra bonuses such as a Corporate SIN [Spoiler]that they can remotely erase and detach themselves from should you be too much of a dangerous liability[\spoiler], access to their near limitless funds so long as you have the Corp SIN, and any other amenities that your runners might want? What if he looks like this?
>>
Does taking the Divination metamagic automatically give you the related Ritual for free, or do you have to pick it up separately?
>>
>>49616014
>failed spoilers
>effectively a high rating fake SIN
That's worth about 15k and the effort of finding a seller, right? With the exception that now there's a Johnson & corp who have one of your SINs details.
>>
How does one get a character exported out of Chummer5 that one could copy and paste into a post without a crap ton of editing?
>>
>>49616285
>I know I fucked up my spoilers.
Being successful means that you are their first choice for runs, the SIN issued to you would allow access to everything you could ever need, from Delta cyberwear if you don't already have it, a luxury lifestyle, restricted gear, etc. Selling it would be a waste. However, if you do something against their wishes or make them look bad, that SIN is wiped, and you effectively have a burn notice on yourself.
>>
>>49615921
Johnsons do not LAST when they kill runners. Because if you kill Tod the greenie, the bigger runners take notice.

A johnson that a fixer marks as having runners disappearing when trying to get paid AFTER they confirmed the job was done is a Johnson that ends up with a Ares Roadmaster plowed through their house by a older rigger on the street as a example.
It still happens, but its a stupid idea.

However Johnsons wont kill another Johnson. This is explicit. At the least not the real Johnsons who actually WORK as Johnsons. You can probbably end up getting hired by a gang to kill another gang who hired someone to do the same thing to the other guy.

But the Johnsons don't order hits on each other thanks to a little thing called "if I do then I become a target and the corps start fighting proxy wars rather then just stealing from each other."

The Johnsons dont kill each other for the same reason that Ares didn't send Firewatch to aid Amazonia in the war and instead just supplied weaponry.

The "Dont kill runners" is not only not explicit, its specifically stated it happens but is rare because its not a good idea.

Try harder.
>>
>>49615791
>trusting what CGL writes
cuck
>>
>>49616014
Infinite funds as long as they have the SIN? Not even if they WORK?

So this is a end game run right? Because thats the kinda money where smart runners retire because they dont need to get shot anymore.

As for the image... I have no idea what kinda troll would have that prestige and gaudy horn stuff. Trolls tend to be rather kicked around.
>>
>>49616455
>corps never fight each other
>I know this because m-muh CGL said so
k y s
>>
>>49616460
See hers the thing.

If we ignore anything CGL writes then we can either argue this entirely from a 3rd edition perspective, OR we can just give up because everythings arbitrary because the people with the authority to write on the subject are also the people you cant trust in this.

In this case Lofwyr might as well actually be a Gopher in a dragon costume and no one noticed. No writing contradicts this and the stuff that does doesnt matter anyway.
>>
>>49616433
What kind of post? If it's here, it's generally easiest to print out a pdf.
>>
>>49616493
Corps dont fight each other openly.
Its called the whole reason the Court exists. Ares would love to fuck over Aztechnology but for some reason their HQ is not under constant orbital bombardment.

This was ALWAYS a thing.
>>
>>49616564
What about the times where corps have openly waged wars against eachother
>>
>>49616564
>he g e n u i n e l y doesn't know what extraction and assassination are
>t-the Court stops ALL coporate infighting!
>CGL SAID SO
>IF YOU CAN'T TRUST CGL WHAT DO YOU DO
lmao!!!!!!!!!
just... dude.... use COMMON SENSE

lmao... don't just gobble up all CGL's shit, dude...!!!
>>
>>49616484
You still earn NuYen when you complete more jobs for them (you can always have more spending money), but the SIN loses some of its privileges after you retire. When you accept the SIN, you are contractually obligated to complete at least five more high risk, high profile jobs for them before you can retire. Even in retirement however, they can still call on you for a runner's view of their defenses, except less lethally so
>>
>>49616579
I said dont not never have.

Its very explicit the corps used to openly war against each other until they realized that fighting this way was costing them more money then it was worth.

To my knowledge the Triple As have ceased to try that trick since, especially since doing so would be stupid because your giving the other nine a reason to kick you out, take your 10% bank stock, and descend upon you like a pack of well dressed wolves.

This is the same reason I believe that Johnsons dont actively war against each other, for one thing if they actually all have their names handed out with a price tag on it then they cease to be Mr Johnsons, now they are just Clyde from HR.

It cheapns the whole thing.
>>
>>49616668
But corps /do/ wage enthusiastic war against eachother. The corporate court is about as effective as the United Nations.

Also, if the AAAs really wanted to duke it out, no doubt you'd get WW1-esque bullshit with most sitting out, and picking sides as the conflict goes on.
>>
Is binding actually important for mages? It seems a fair chunk of karma to invest into something that pisses spirits off and doesn't mesh with a lot of philosophies.
>>
>>49616484
As for the Troll's Prestige, think Butler from Artemis Fowl, but Maori
>>
>>49616693
I havent read that anywhere, and no im not just talking about the source book. Like if Ares got into a war with anyone I'd expect I'd actually read about it.

I was on the assumption shadowrun was in a perpetual corporate cold war because as soon as open war starts Runners have a lot less jobs. After all, the whole point of a runner is they are deniable access. In open war you dont really have much to deny, and the stuff you do is not things you hire mercs for.

>>49616740
It has its uses but isn't necessary. If your a mage you got a lot of tricks already.
>>
>>49616484
>>49616761
As for his horns, it's Toi whakairo, or art carving. Another part of Maori culture
>>
>>49616784
It's happened throughout the lore of Shadowrun. Also, corps do take direct shots at eachother. Johnsons killing Johnsons is likely to be common, considering they are valuable corporate assets, and with deniable whatevers, you could do it with relatively no penalty.

It's mostly AA corps that go to war with eachother though, I know that. But they've had some reasonably sized scuffles.
>>
File: guide[1].jpg (116KB, 507x271px) Image search: [Google]
guide[1].jpg
116KB, 507x271px
>>49616455
>Because if you kill Tod the greenie, the bigger runners take notice
They won't stick their necks out for Tod, though.
>Your biggest defense is checking on Mr. Johnson’s background [...] typically recidivists and they earn black marks from savvy teams [...] serious bad rep in the community.
Rep only matters as far as you take it, and there are plenty of ways to leave it behind.

Need to pull your head out and get some fresh air, mate.
>Final thing to look for in your initial meet: Will Mr. Johnson try to kill you at the end? [...] Mr. Johnson might try to liquidate you [...] This typically happens with politicians or extremists.

>One of the best ways to cut an evidence trail between the crime and the boss who ordered it is to simply kill everyone who knows anything about it. They constantly do this with their own people—I hope you don’t think they will feel in any way shy about doing it to you.

>make it clear you aren’t interested in taking what belongs to the Johnson. [...] that messing with you isn’t worth the effort, but that he doesn’t need to preemptively kill you.

>the mob typically [...] pay you fully or kill you.

>The Vory [...] kill everyone you know, knew, or might possibly get to know [...] as they work their way to you.

>Most likely, you are an unbeliever to their cause anyway, so you’re just another unclean they need to burn in their crusade sooner or later anyway, right? Now is as good a time as any to kill you.

>Losing a dozen to kill four or five runners isn’t a big deal—assuming their supply of loyal underlings is holding up adequately.

>Amateurs [...] might try to kill you once you acquire that thingamajig, but [...] you just sidestep pretty easily.

Everyone gets killed. It's just a matter of when and over what, rather than 'just because'.

>Johnsons wont kill another Johnson. This is explicit.
And yet, not referenced or quoted by you. When's that going to change?
>>
>>49616827
>It's mostly AA corps that go to war with eachother though, I know that. But they've had some reasonably sized scuffles.
Depending on your source material, AAs can be as large in manpower and force as AAAs, simply lacking the clout and council seat.
>>
>>49616740
Important, no. Useful, yes.

It basically depends on your tradition. Hermetics for example believe that the spirits are bound for servitude while psionics think that spirits are actually manifestations of the caster's own ego. Followers of neither tradition would canonically give a shit about what the spirits think.

Shamans, however think differently about them, but they still do conjure and bind them. Their relationship is more reciprocal though and they try to appease spirits by giving gifts, making promises and actually talking with them. I doubt any shaman would keep a spirit bound against its will.
>>
>>49617407
>Important, no. Useful, yes.
Depending on your relationship with spirits, it can be pretty important. The difference between how a summoned vs bound spirit need interpret your orders is the letter vs the spirit of the order, respectively.
>>
>>49617466

Just binding spirits don't make them hate you. If you even believe they are capable of hating someone, that is.
>>
>>49617476
t. hermaphroditic mage
>>
>>49617524

Well you can't just say that one interpretation is correct, since all of them have different views on spirits.

It's like arguing about religions IRL.
>>
>>49617531
Except spirits and the Passions/totems/mentors/gods are actually explicitly explained if you go into the DEEPEST LORE. So there's one objectively correct view and it's not (((you)))rs.
>>
>>49617552

Those are explanations from one point of view, all traditions have their own views on the matter.

That's also explicity stated in the books.
>>
>>49617562
It used to be explicitly stated that you could NEVER EVER do shit to Harlequin or dragons because muh special snowflakes, but that was faggy and stupid too, so it got disregarded like it should have been.
>>
>>49617574

I don't know when that was, but it's irrelevant.

You should actually read the descriptions of different traditions in CRB, SG and SS.
>>
>>49617585
>read what CGL writes!!!!
>it is tHE OBLY ACCPETALBE ANSWER
ok lad have fun being shit :-)
>>
>>49617598

So you were just shitposting, gotcha. Carry on.
>>
>>49617603
>someone disagrees
>SHITPOSTING, SHITPOSTING
How often do you cry wolf?
>>
>>49617476
I didn't say anything about making them hate you. I solely spoke about the difference between summoning and binding on how a spirit reacts to your orders, and how that might be important, depending on the state of your relationship with said spirit(s).
>>
The Ultimax RF carbine looks pretty damn good for a skilled marksman, any major downsides to it I havent noticed? Biggest downside seems to be magazine size but slap an extended mag on it and it looks good.
>>
>>49617633

That's still within the realm of 'not important, but useful'. You won't have to think about the exact wording of your order when you have your bound spirit do the dirty work instead of a freshly summoned one. Useful, but not necessary.
>>
>>49617638
Most tables either ban it or use the Missions FAQ statline, which IIRC is kinda shit for the price.
>>
>>49617653
>That's still within the realm of 'not important, but useful'
I disagree.
>>
>>49617667

And you're entirely within your rights to do so.
>>
>>49617656

>changed from 14 to 11

Well..shit might as well just get an alpha.
>>
>>49615193
ooooh, I get it.

Sex.
>>
What sub-optimal gun do you use because you love it too much to ever let it go?

I know the guardian is the best heavy pistol, but I just cant trade my colt government in for it.
>>
File: latest-deuce.jpg (220KB, 388x570px) Image search: [Google]
latest-deuce.jpg
220KB, 388x570px
>>49607207

A-am I interpreting the rules right for Anarchy? Do mages seriously get like 2/3 spells? Or is spellcasting now a catch-all skill for you can do whatever the hell with magic?

SO CONFUSED.
>>
>>49617677
Well, there are still reasons, it's restricted not forbidden and a carbine so logically it would be easier to conceal based on the table in the core book.
>>
>>49618043

Yeah but I'm not looking for something to go concealed with since I already have that covered, I need something big and loud.
>>
>>49618057
No but hear me out. Dual Smart-Linked Submachine Guns with explosive rounds.
>>
>>49618118

You'd need some insane dice to split the pool, I think that would come under 'future investments'.
>>
>>49618130
Oh for sure, but if you're going for loud you can't do much better than a Chicago Type-writer loaded with explosive rounds.
>>
I'm trying to remember the name of a serial killer mentioned in the fluff that was a vampire or something, I know its vague but anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>49617882
Cavalier Deputy, because I love the looks. Ingram Valiant LMG, stats are just worse than comparable Assault Rifles but I like having the option to fire a Rocket Launcher or Assault Cannon should I need to.
>>
>>49617894
Depending on the spells, yes. Costs 2 of your 10 Amps to become Awakened, then each spell costs between 1 and 3 Amps from there.
>>49618237
Any more details? You might be talking about the Mayan Cutter, but I can't remember any straight up serial killer vampires in the fluff.
>>
>>49618276

I distinctly remember eating or food involved. Maybe it was a ghoul?
>>
>>49618281
Oh, the Meal Time Killer! She's from Another Rainy Night and Sail Away, Sweet Sister. She was a vampire that'd kill someone, then use some of their remaining blood to write down what meal they were; breakfast, lunch, etc.
>>
>>49618317

Ahh thanks man. I knew it was food related.
>>
Thinking about making a driver, is that the same as rigger? What all do I need for that in general?
>>
>>49618519

Do you want to go control rig or not? thats the first major question. Control rigs are fucking nice but if you dont want to jump into a vehicle you can pick up vehicle empathy and steely eyed wheelman.

Then after that you need a sexy car that can go fast and has a gun of your choice on it (sniper rifles are good because you can park them wherever and still influence the run), an RCC with the usual firewall stuff to protect your car and to run autosofts so your car can snipe on its own and thats about it really..
>>
>>49618519
A driver is a kind of rigger. You need a Control Rig and Reaction Enhancers, and one or two good cars with Rigger Adaptation. Get your REA maxed out, that's what you'll need the most. Then think about what you want to provide to your team: you can put points in AGI and be a backup sam thanks to your high initiative, put points in LOG and take engineering, hardware and first aid skills, to be the Mac-Giver kind of guy, or whatever else you can think of.

>>49618545
You really don't need the RCC if you only have the one car. Especially if you drive jumped-in and therefore do not need Noise Reduction.
>>
>>49606834
Counterspells (Anti-Mage/Null Mage). Imagine the party mage not being able to do anything, since the enemy mage is just tying him down.

>>49612077
Mana Bar
>Styled as a bar for young spellslingers, usually with a 'cool-looking mage' on the side.
>Comes with coloured pop rocks and obnoxious flavour names such as "Orichalcum Overload", "Toxic Treat" or "Burning Spice".
>The kicker: There is a hidden 1/100,000 bar called "Melange". Its packaging is similar to any Mana Bar.
>Orange pop rocks, and it causes the consumer to project themselves astrally for a few minutes. >Usual side effects include: Seeing the future, temporary hyperintelligence, loss of muscle control along the extremities, belching fire, and/or random spirit journeys.
>>
>>49618657
>You really don't need the RCC if you only have the one car. Especially if you drive jumped-in and therefore do not need Noise Reduction.

Its true you dont, but its nice to have anyway if you want to, like I said, have your car act as an overwatch sniper because you need a place to put those autosofts
>>
>>49618689
>Using a ground vehicule to provide overwatch, let along fire highly restricted weapons, in a mostly urban setting.
I'm curious. Please tell me more.
>>
>>49618726
>park vehicle in parking lot near wherever you're going to infiltrate
>make sure vehicle is equipped with a sniper rifle that is packing as much ap as possible
>shoot through walls
>>
File: Cars are drones.jpg (65KB, 517x207px)
Cars are drones.jpg
65KB, 517x207px
>>49618689
>>
>>49618749

Drones can only run 'softs at half their device rating, which is their pilot rating. You can enhance a pilot rating but it would cost you 30k to run 3 of them. An equivalent RCC lets you run 4 as well as 4 programs to increase firewall, biofeedback resist etc.
>>
>>49618766
Makes sense. I still think that's steep price tag to be firing a couple shots from a poor platform at massive penalties.
>>
>>49618825

Well you can use other weapons for other purposes.

You running for the car under fire? have it suppress for you. You need some cover? grenade launcher with smoke. Its not going to be matching players but sometimes an extra gun is all you need.
>>
>>49616784
>Like if Ares got into a war with anyone I'd expect I'd actually read about it.

>Not understanding media collusion to keep Joe Normal out of the loop
>Not understanding that megacorps are so huge that they get away with shit right under peoples' noses and that's what makes them terrifying

..it's like you don't understand the way that Shadowrun-- no, the entire cyberpunk **dystopia** genre works.
>>
>>49618665
>Mana Bar
Isnt mages kind of rare? Seems like a bad buisness decision to market a bar to such a small group.
Unless they market it as a way to "Possibly awaken" or something, so all the mage wannabees buy it in droves.
>>
>>49618862
Isn't the thing that they handle all this shit through proxies though? Why go into a resource-costly all-out war when they can just feed resistance groups guns and hire runners?
>>
>>49619314
There's always a niche, and for suck-up wannabe members of that niche who like to pretend that they are part of it, even though they aren't. See: Tumblr's general and transgendereds - cause I'm tooootally sure that 0.8% of the global population, whose only common denominator is their gender dysphoria, all congregates on ONE website and acts in exactly the fucking same autistic, unique snowflake kind of way.

Basically, a mana bar would be like that. You'd have a handful of legit Awakened mage types, and then a slew of 'Oh yeah, I'm totally Awakened -- prove it? What are you some kind of bigot?!' assholes. Hell, we already have that in Shadowrun with people getting cosmetic surgery to look like elves.
>>
>>49619340
They do both. Yes, the Corporate Court will breathe down the neck of any warmonger, but that doesn't prevent corps/nations to do anything they can get away with.
>>
>>49619314
Just because the marketing is magic flavoured doesn't mean that only mages eat them
I would think that a lot of mundane people eat them simply because they like the magic theme, kinda like people have harry potter style things.

Of course I don't know what "Melange" would have on a non-Mage. Force them to astrally project? Give them temporary astral perception? We already had this drek with Tempo
>>
>>49619340
>when they can just feed resistance groups guns and hire runners
..You literally just described how corporations go to war. That is the very definition of how corporations go to war. It's even how we fucking do war today most of the time.
>>
>>49618862
>>49619340

Ares has gone to war before and everyone did hear about it. Operation Reciprocity was a a corps v corp war, but it didnt go as far as it could have.

Hell the Atz-Amazonian war was a proxy war between Aztechnology and Horizon, though that was only talked about in the shadows.

So it really depends on if the corps WANT joe average to know about their heroic war against the evil hordes of 'x'. But runners will always know, its kind of their thing to know when shit like this is going down so they can duck and cover.
>>
>>49619365
What I think the "No corp vs. Corp war" anon meant that the war is a shadow or cold war
There are no open conflicts where you can see the military of corp 1 fight against the military of Corp 2. Instead it's all done through sabotage, datasteals and other methods of gorilla warfare
>>
>>49619365
Which was kind of my point? They don't go into open war? (At least not often)
>>
>>49619367
>But runners will always know, its kind of their thing to know when shit like this is going down so they can duck and cover.
Even the Runner community can't know everything. It's why Runners have the general unspoken consensus of 'if you find out that the megacorps are planning to fuck the shadows, you let your fellow shadowsteppers know'.

Hell, the Bug Spirit crisis was something that the corps managed to keep under wraps for the most part until Chicago dropped. Up until that point there'd been some shaky rumours and word of mouth, and a whole lot of, 'you're making that shit up, piss off with your crazy' from a lot of Runners.

The shadow community, while trying to keep one another informed, doesn't always agree, for that matter. Someone might claim that Ares is doing this or that, while someone else might say that the assertion is hyperbole or a nutty conspiracy theory. Hell, in the 2050's, a lot of people STILL weren't wholly convinced that magic was magic, and even to this day there's plenty of people who look at dropped info on essence loss and the likes and call it hogwash.

What I'm driving at here, basically, is that if the megacorps don't want you to know, you usually won't know - even in the shadows. If there's something that can be ratified in the shadows, sometimes it can be because of an intrepid runner breaking the story (at which point he'll promptly get disappeared), or it's because the megacorps are fine with the shadow community knowing it (but they'll still disappear the poor bastard who broke the story to make it seem like they don't).
>>
>university student who moonlights as a decker to pay tuition

Good backstory idea or retarded backstory idea?
>>
>>49619613
Where did (s)he get decking skills and why is (s)he running instead of marketing those?

If you can answer both these questions, you're golden.
>>
File: Dorm Computer.jpg (288KB, 1014x788px) Image search: [Google]
Dorm Computer.jpg
288KB, 1014x788px
>>49619613
Can you justify them having the gear well enough?
>>
>>49619671
>>49619786

Its late so I havent thought past the initial concept stage yet. I'll have to think about the specifics.

And if I cant think of the proper justifications it'll just be back to the drawing board.
>>
>>49619671
>>49619786
>>49619819
It's not that hard to justify. College is expensive, and not everyone wants to employ someone who's still in college. Decky McDecker lost his scholarship, so it's either he does crime, or he has to leave college and go back to working at stuffer shack.
>>
File: 1465474919142.jpg (258KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1465474919142.jpg
258KB, 675x900px
>>49618317
Did they ever prove it was a vampire? I remember that it used to be that people were always afraid of the Meal Time Killer, but the MOs on different sprees (and the fact that those sprees tended to end with the fuzz shooting someone to death and declaring the terror had ended) made people wonder if it was a bunch of copycats following in one guy's footsteps, and different kinds of infected using it as cover.
>>
>>49618657
>>49618545

If you've got weapons with smartgun systems built in mounted on a vehicle, what do you need to make use of that whilst you're jumped in? Because normally I'd say smartlink in cyber eyes but that wouldn't apply when you're jumped into a vehicle.
>>
>>49619948
We don't need to know the exact justification. He needs to come up with one for his character, preferably one that isn't too outlandish for his GM. That's the main point here.
>>
>>49620004
Don't you need the smartgun autosoft?
>>
>>49620044
Smartsoft is for drones. There's non written for "chaotic amalgam of misfiring neurons that is metahuman brains".

I think you just can use the smartlink in your eyes, since it only projects ARO to tell you how to improve your shooting. It can do so while you are in VR as well.
>>
>>49620044

See that would be my next guess but it seems odd given that you'll be jumped into it, why would you need the autosoft when you're the one piloting it?
>>
>>49620070

But are you even using your eyes when you're jumped in? I thought it would be the vehicles sensors you'd be using instead, which would suggest some kind of smartlink upgrade for sensors but I can't seem to find any.
>>
>>49619993
Ehhhh. Okay, so the short version is that there's this Infected terrorist group slash network of gangs called Fear The Dark (Because of course there is, that's absolutely a thing that makes sense, thank you CGL) with beliefs that range from 'Everything that's not Infected like us is food and should act like it' to 'I'M GOING TO POZ YOUR NEG HOLE YOU BREEDER, YOU DESERVE TO BE LIKE ME'.

Because this is, again, a thing that happens in Shadowrun, FTD funded the creation/corruption of copy-cat killers in order to... inspire people to want to kill them more, I guess? I dunno, it's weird.
>>49620004
>>49620155
The conventional logic is that if you don't have an implanted smartlink, the camera(s) you're using while jumped in need to have the Smartlink vision enhancement. Your natural eyes aren't in use while jumped in, unless you're taking the distraction penalty of -2.
>>
>>49618862
Shadowrun's info is often WAY beyond what a pc should know.
We know quite a lot about 4th world fuckery, what horrors are, and a lot of things that the common chummer, and even a normal runner, should NOT know.

So yes, if there was a war, I should have been able to hear about it. You cant assume stuff happens in setting that you never heard about just because the settings all spoopy.

>>49619367
See, this.

Though this partially proves my point, since getting 4 AAAs on your ass at once is exactly why the corps avoid openly flouting power.

>>49619365
Thats actually how we very explicitly 'Not' war. As in, everyone knows we are at war, but America never actually DECLARES war, and so you get some cold war "Fuck each other over but not admit your doing it."

>>49619432
There are entire adventure books on the fact that "If the megacorps dont want you to know you won't" being wrong. Hell Aztechnology funnels Trillions of Nuyem into the most powerful "We are not blood mages" legal department in the world.

Still doesnt work in the shadows. If shit needs blackest ops it inevitably ends up going to runners because getting implicated when shit goes sideways is worse then 5 fucks on a bbs board knowing about it.
>>
>>49620868
But America wasn't at war with the CCCP during the cold war, because American soldiers never engaged Soviet soldiers. Where as corporate soldiers have engaged other corporate soldiers, many times, throughout Shadowrun's lore.
>>
>>49620415

How would an implanted smartlink work whilst you're jumped in though? Surely you're not getting signals from your meat body whilst you're jumped into something else, so an implanted smartlink wouldn't help.
>>
File: 1465482870978.jpg (406KB, 1920x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1465482870978.jpg
406KB, 1920x1020px
>>49621184
It depends largely on how you interpret it. If you assume that the smartlink stuff is all only in the eye and can only connect with that camera and a gun, then it doesn't.

If you instead say that the control rig is designed to provide you with alternate sensory input, and the implanted smartlink is designed to take sensory input and apply smartlink software to it (especially digital sensory input, like a cybereye which is already just a camera), then it might follow that the implanted link allows you to take the camera feed from a drone and use your implanted smartlink on it.

I think the latter is a stretch, but I've seen it done.
>>
>>49621109
We did actually engage the soviets back during the russian civil war. Sorta like how corp troops engaged each other back before the foundation of the CC.
>>
>>49621483
But that was long before the Cold War.

Also, was America involved in the Russian Civil War? From what I remembered, it was mostly Europeans countries that dug in to that.
>>
>>49621555
Yeah, we were involved. Sent about 13,000 soldiers to aid the european powers.
>>
Can you use Rapid Draw to make a quickdraw attack on someone, and then follow it up with a Half-sword? Rapid Draw makes Quickdraw a Free Action, and it includes an attack as part of that. Half-sword would be a seperate action entirely, and would take your Complex.

It seems doable?
>>
>>49621744
You can only attack once per round unless you take the Multiple Attack action, which eats up your Free Action.

So no
>>
>>49621845
So if you do that, then you can slash a dude twice?
>>
>>49621881
>slash a dude twice?
No. You can only attack the same person once. Multiple Attack action means you can hit multiple people as long as you evenly split your dice pool per person to a max of half your Rating in the skill.
>>
>>49621960
Alright, but why? The whole iaijutsu draw and slash thing is pretty iconic?
>>
>>49621988
Because them's the rules. Did you not read the combat section?
>>
>>49622017
MULTIPLE ATTACKS
Characters sometimes want to really put on the hurting
in a single Action Phase and can choose to attack more
than once in a single Action Phase by using the Mul-
tiple Attacks Free Action. This action represents both
attacking multiple times from a single melee weapon
and attacking with two different weapons (firearms
or melee). The attacker’s dice pool is calculated with
all modifiers (Wound, Environmental, Situational, and
the full recoil of all attacks if it’s a ranged attack) and
then split as evenly as possible between all attacks, and
each attack is handled separately. (Keep in mind as the
dice pool gets smaller the chances of a glitch rise.)
Dice gained by spending Edge applies before the
pool is split, while dice from both pools can be re-rolled
with a single use of Edge.
The total number of attacks you can make in a single
Action Phase is limited to one-half the attacker’s Combat
Skill.

Did you? You just split your dicepool between the attacks, and you can attack twice.
>>
>>49622046
Multiple Attacks
A character may use a Free Action to attack multiple targets
in a single action (see Multiple Attacks, p. 196) by
splitting their dice pool. This action must be combined
with a Fire Weapon Action, Throw Weapon Action, Melee
Attack Action, Reckless Spellcasting, or Cast Spell Action.

>attack multiple targets

Yes, I did
>>
>>49622089
>Attack Multiple Targets
Yes, you attack two targets. Target 1 is "The guy in melee range with me", Target 2 is "The guy that I just attacked"
>>
>>49622117
Thats not how multiple works. "Target 2 creatures they take 3 damage" is not the same as "Target a creature it takes 3 damage. Target a creature it takes 3 damage."
>>
>>49621988
iaijutsu isnt really known for double attacks in the first place though.
>>
>>49622178
Alright, so why is my sword unable to hit a person twice, yet I can swing at two separate people without problems? It'd be more effort to aim and swing at two separate targets, yet you can. But you can't hit a guy twice. Why?
>>
>>49622178
This is, specifically, using Rapid Draw to get a Quickdraw attack on a guy, and then using an entirely different action to make an attack on him. Multiple Attacks is for using one action to shoot multiple people, so it doesn't apply in this case.

The guy seems to be correct in this case, though it wouldn't work outside of that specific combination. Even normal Iaijutsu is a Simple Action, though even that debatably has a clause where it says that all your melee attacks for the turn are now Simple Actions.
>>
>>49622217
Balance reasons, to prevent Sword Autist from pinballing around the room killing someone every pass. They can do a lot of damage to multiple targets, but they aren't a blender. We had enough of that in 4e
>>
>>49622217

>>49622017
>Because them's the rules

Balance, mostly. Street sams or anyone specc'd for combat would instantly kill anyone otherwise
>>
>>49622217
Because it can, it just all uses the same damage pool.
>>
>>49622285
But it's melee. Unless you're a Troll, you're doing less damage than a gun, with no real upgrade potential aside from a Weapon Focus, no ammo options, lack of Full Auto or anything to decrease defense, you have to deal with getting close enough to your target to do anything.

>>49622297
But people already do that? Even a basic AR with 10P -3 AP is going to kill almost anything it shoots. A mainline combat guy is looking at somewhere around 16+ dice to shooting at chargen, before Edge or anything, plus possible variant ammo, burst/FA, and other shit. You can easily take out 1+ guys per pass. Specialized builds could do more than one guy, since you can fairly easily hit a 25+ DP in chargen if you really try, and just do Multiple Attacks normally.

And that's not getting into Indirect Combat Spells, Spirits, Grenades, or Explosives.

>>49622375
Except it's not using the same damage pool. It's using the same DICEPOOL to swing, and splitting it, but you're doing that damage to two seperate targets. Even using two weapons doesn't appear to let you attack a guy twice, which I don't even know how the hell you justify that. In the case of dual-wielding, you are literally firing double the amount of bullets at a guy, yet it's exactly as effective, or WORSE, than using one gun.
>>
>>49622402
Stop trying to rules lawyer a way to justify you cheating the system.

It doesnt work, thats the end of it.

You can always SAY you are hitting someone twice and just use one attack to do it. Which is called "pretending" aka "Roleplaying."

But dont be a little bitch about not getting to weaboo your way into making the game more about your l33t fighting skillz.
>>
>>49622640
Bait harder, son.
>>
>>49622402
>A mainline combat guy is looking at somewhere around 16+ dice to shooting at chargen, before Edge or anything, plus possible variant ammo, burst/FA, and other shit. You can easily take out 1+ guys per pass
>cover doesn't exist
>adverse combat conditions don't exist
>all battles are in featureless white rooms
Anon, stop.
You are making it clear you don't actually play the game.
>>
>>49622640
>Says the guy trying to desperately bicker his way for the approval of strangers on the web.

If you are so desperate for your doublestrike weebarai whine to your gm.
>>
In other news what do people feel about "Competitor imitators" aka what if I played a character thats really big Renraku products (maybe hes a ex corp, maybe hes just a tool) but want to give him a Ares Roadmaster, how do people feel about items that are identical statewise but have different names and aesthetics?
>>
>>49622866
Pretty sure the CRB has some vehicles with alternate versions listed somewhere
>>
>>49622908
Fair.
On a seperate note what about a weapon based lootcrate.

It seems Shadowrunny to be able to buy a subscription for a set of arnaments that "Fell off a truck"
>>
File: 1442279856400.jpg (252KB, 1024x1746px)
1442279856400.jpg
252KB, 1024x1746px
>>49622866
That's explicitly part of the rules. Specific examples are given, but you can get pretty much anything made by pretty much anyone. Rigger 5 goes the extra mile and gives names to some variants of the drones and cars.
>>
>>49623056
I get that with lower ones, I just thought coping top of the lines like Farlight's might be crossing a line.
>>
File: 1445520083578.jpg (1MB, 2918x1915px)
1445520083578.jpg
1MB, 2918x1915px
>>49609038
>social infiltrator
Start with an Adept.

Give them the Commanding Voice power, the Astral Perception power (casing is super important for any kind of infiltrator), and the First Impressions and Bland Qualities.

Bring Charisma and Intuition to maximum or one-shy-of-maximum - favor Charisma for an elf, Intuition for an ork, and whichever you please for a human or dwarf. If you're playing an ork or elf, remember to be Human-Looking.

Take Tailored Pheromones 3. Don't be a faggot - this is absolutely mandatory.

Pick up a really nice suit (Mortimer of London or Vashon Island ideally) and give it Electrochromatic Clothing so that you can change what your clothes look like for blending - a Berwick suit with an Argentum longcoat is a great choice for this, since you can take the overcoat off to completely change your profile.

Get Agility and Logic up to one-shy-of-maximum. You need Agility for Lockpicking, Sneaking, and Palming - three extremely important skills for any infiltrator - and possibly gymnastics, for when a social infiltrator turns physical. Logic is mainly needed for Hardware (analog hacking) but don't underestimate how useful Knowledge skills are to the person doing infiltration and casing.

Spend the remainder of your Adept points on Improved Reflexes (so that you can participate in combat, even if it's not your specialty) and buy social-related powers with any remaining points - don't worry too much about this part.

Congratulations! You're now the social infiltrator and also the party face. Your job is to walk right in through the front door (with the Decker providing matrix overwatch to make sure you get through security without issue), case the joint, steal keycards, and generally collect information and pave the way for the eventual real intrusion by the rest of the team.

In combat, you'll mainly use Commanding Voice to fuck with enemies (super powerful effect), Leadership to buff allies, and occasionally shoot a gun.
>>
File: 1460393674100.jpg (300KB, 1024x1444px) Image search: [Google]
1460393674100.jpg
300KB, 1024x1444px
>>49623091
Unless you have Brand Loyalty, it shouldn't be a problem so long as you pick a similar competitor for continuity's sake (i.e. a Fairlight equivalent made by Plains Coding, NeoNET, or another Matrix company).
>>
>>49623139
Look at this fucker with the plan. Someone played multiple campaigns.
>>
File: 1355292673257.jpg (284KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1355292673257.jpg
284KB, 426x640px
>>49611057
>Oh, that much is true! Not sure how useful that data would be, but maybe that's why they became a shadowrunner in the end
Here's the thing. You can make money off of datamining the net for paydata. But unless you strike it big, it's not going to be a lot of money, and it's going to be a lot of grunt work.

You're going to spend 12 hour days setting up custom agents to endlessly sift through the Matrix's trash heap, then hand-sort through anything it finds, before sending it to your data broker, where it hopefully eventually sells. Most of it is going to be minor junk that still earns you some cash, but you're unlikely to find paydata on the order than a serious decker does while sniffing around the inside of a corporate server.

Every now and then data prospectors will find serious gold - some buried lostech schematic, or choice blackmail material, or modern corporate documents that an incompetent managed accidentally let slip. But mostly, you're probably going to be living in the equivalent of a Low lifestyle in the side room of a Barrens server farm hoping that this week scrapes together enough paydata that you don't have to dip into your savings to afford the month's rent on the place.

That's why you become a shadowrunner. Sure, it's more dangerous, but one day of work on an average run can earn you enough money to pay for a Middle lifestyle for a goddamn month. If you're sick and tired of the long, boring hours of trying to scrape together enough digital gems to make a living, becoming an honest to god digital cowboy starts to become a bit of a fantasy.

It also explains why your decker has that data broker contact in the first place, am I right?
>>
>>49623295
Just like a real miner.
>>
>>49621483
>>49621707

"We"
>>
>>49614054
>If you were to mount weapons on to vehicles that came with smartgun systems build in, what would you need to make use of the smartgun bonuses whilst jumped into said vehicle?
A cybernetic smartlink.
>>
>>49623362
>>
>>49623139
>If you're playing an ork or elf, remember to be Human-Looking.
I hope you mean sculpting powers and not the quality.
>>
>>49623394
Does it say ".us"?
>>
>>49616484
>I have no idea what kinda troll would have that prestige and gaudy horn stuff. Trolls tend to be rather kicked around.
That's just a general trend. In the same way that ethnic minorities tend to be rather kicked around today, there are still a plentiful minority who ended up successful, wealthy, and powerful despite those disadvantages.
>>
>>49622719

Trying too hard anon. Do you even shave yet?
>>
>>49623449
I suppose Trolls dont have the disadvantage of the half life orks do.
>>
File: Troll Minotaur.png (637KB, 543x715px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Minotaur.png
637KB, 543x715px
>>49616484
>I have no idea what kinda troll would have that prestige and gaudy horn stuff

The Seattle Sprawl Box mentions that horn scrimshaw and body mods are very common in the Underground, to the point that you can sit down at a stand beside the path and get someone to carve up your dermal deposits.

Same reason the people with tons of tattoos tend to be poor/in prison or gangs. Identity carved on the flesh is important and available.
>>
>>49623418
>I hope you mean sculpting powers and not the quality.
He almost definitely doesn't have enough PP left over for that after Commanding Voice, Astral Perception, the 1 PP lost to Tailored Pheromones, and then Improved Reflexes. It's far easier just to take the Human-Looking Quality and let Blandness do the rest of the work of keeping you ignored and forgotten.
>>
>>49623341
>Just like a real miner.
Just like a real prospector. A miner gets a wage, regardless of whether a vein's dead or they strike gold. They're a prospector - living and dying by what they can find and sell off on their own.
>>
>>49623591
Look man I just want to have a decker persona with a face obscuring beard and a hard hat I don't need details.
>>
>>49623564
Sculpting powers are infinitely more useful though, as you can disguise yourself as a human/orc/elf of either gender.

Also if you want to be the gray man, being an elf that looks like a human is more dangerous than being an elf that can look like basically anything.
>>
>>49622706
That's why he said 16 dice, and that's why anons always recommend 15 dice in your specialization. That's how many dice you need to reliably kill somebody with a gun in average adverse combat conditions including cover, moving vehicles, and weather.
>>
File: TheOldProspector.jpg (112KB, 700x945px) Image search: [Google]
TheOldProspector.jpg
112KB, 700x945px
>>49623620
>decker persona with a face obscuring beard and a hard hat
Have a decker persona with a face-obscuring beard, a prospector's outfit, programs skinned as things like a sifting pan or a pickax, and an Agent that looks like a mule.
>>
They explained the cover re-use:

http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/151297898501/shadowrun-anarchy-cover-development
>>
File: Saracen Glance.png (255KB, 602x388px) Image search: [Google]
Saracen Glance.png
255KB, 602x388px
>>49623754
>Then there are times when a book is potentially a big enough deal that you move beyond the in-house process for cover reviews and instead you push out towards your distributors and sometimes even some Power Retailers ™.
>>
Are Homunculi all that useful?
>>
>>49623654
>Sculpting powers are infinitely more useful though
Of course they are - they're adept powers specifically dedicated to disguise, rather than a piddly little quality that just makes you mildly less remarkable.

But unfortunately, just not something the character will be able to afford, at least at chargen. There's only so many PP to go around, and taking them out of anything else will seriously impact the usefulness of the character as a whole (Commanding Voice is just the goddamn best, Astral Perception is super important for casing, and Improved Reflexes are important for basic combat utility).

Face-changing powers are a great route for a social infiltrator to go once they start Initiating, though; after they pick up Masking, anyway.

Chargen is a game of figuring out what's most urgent to take immediately, and what you can afford to improve later on.

If you feel the absolute need to have shapechanging adept powers out of chargen, though, here's how it needs to go. Of your 6 starting PP, you dedicate 1 PP to Commanding Voice, 1 PP to Astral Perception, and 1 PP lost to bioware (tailored pheromones). Of the remaining 3 PP, you spend 1.5 on only the first level of Improved Reflexes (still much better than nothing), .25 PP on Facial Sculpt, and 1 PP on Body Sculpt. Your remaining .25 can be spent on something like 1 level of Agility Boost or something, for clinch lockpicking, stealth, and occasional shooting.

For my money, though, I'd go with Human-Looking and Improved Reflexes 2 at chargen, though, because I think that'll be more useful for participating in the non-social-infiltration segments of runs alongside your team.
>>
>>49623885
>and 1 PP lost to bioware (tailored pheromones

Drop that part, or pick prototype transhuman instead. Losing PP for 'ware is stupid especially when filters will cancel them out.

And don't forget qi foci.
>>
>>49623976
>Losing PP for 'ware is stupid especially when filters will cancel them out.
1 PP for +3 to your social limit and +3 to all social tests in 99% of social situations is the opposite of stupid. It's extremely worthwhile.

Prototype Transhuman on an Awakened character, on the other hand, is scummy, bullshit nonsense.
>>
>>49623394
It might eventually. Or some other European host, considering that it sounds like Kim-Jong-Clinton is gearing up to have 4chan nuked for making teh maymays about her.
>>
File: 1460570279904.jpg (604KB, 1000x790px) Image search: [Google]
1460570279904.jpg
604KB, 1000x790px
>>49624208
In that case, it's more likely that the gook behind the curtain will pull it over the Pacific, and set it up next to it's big brothers.
>>
>>49624123
Your social limit will be high enough, and while +3 dice is nice, the extra versatility of something like body sculpt is more valuable.
>>
>>49624246
I for one welcome our communist overlords.
>>
>>49624123
Or
Or, anon
You could get an actual power and character, and not be a nigger
>>
>>49624250
>the extra versatility of something like body sculpt is more valuable
I strongly disagree. The only thing that Body Sculpt actually does mechanically-speaking is provide an extra +2 dice on Disguise tests. The +3 dice on Con and Impersonation (the skill that combines with Disguise) are far more valuable, when push comes to shove, especially when it comes to making people to just decide that you're not worth paying attention to in the first place.

Your advice in this case - of dropping Tailored Pheromones on a fucking social infiltrator of all things - is just absolute trash. While there's room to argue that dropping a level of Improved Reflexes in favor of Body Sculpt is worthwhile (really, I'm willing to give you that it might be for some people) Tailored Pheromones is just flatly more useful and beneficial than Body Sculpt.
>>
>>49624250
>>49623976
>>49623654
You realize that having Body Sculpt sustained is immediately and recognizably obvious to Assensing and throws up big red flags, whereas Tailored Pheromones requires active chemical sniffers to even remotely notice and is a fairly common augmentation, and Human-looking isn't detectable at all, right?

Body Sculpt is actually a really shitty power as far as 'not getting noticed' is concerned until you've Initiated at least once and picked up Masking.

You know, in the same way that a False Face is a really shitty augmentation unless you've picked it up at a Grade high enough to not get detected by cyberware scanners.
>>
>>49624442
>>You realize that having Body Sculpt sustained is immediately and recognizably obvious to Assensing and throws up big red flags

Being awakened at all is a big red flag to anyone Assensing you, especially with a magic of 5+, which is immediately recognisable with just one hit. You just can't do anything about that until you have enough karma to Initiate.
>>
File: Assensing.jpg (53KB, 658x396px) Image search: [Google]
Assensing.jpg
53KB, 658x396px
>>49624535
>, especially with a magic of 5+, which is immediately recognisable with just one hit
No it's not
>>
>>49624535
No, you need 3 hits before you even know if the subject's Magic is higher or lower than your own, and 4 to know the exact Magic score, but having Body Sculpt active is so much more than that. For an active Body Sculpt, the red flag is, 'Oh, and this motherfucker is disguising himself, not just someone who's Awakened.'

Body Sculpt is a really solid option for a social infiltrator who already has Masking.

But for someone without Masking, it's more of an anti-disguise liability - again, akin to a False Face, which can totally ruin your disguise by getting flagged on a cyberware scanner - rather than something that actually benefits you.

Plus, according to what this guy said, it only even provides a +2 on Disguise tests anyway:
>>49624393

Like, it's good. It can be useful, especially when you actually have the background metamagic to make it work. But as far as prioritization is concerned, there are several options that are much higher on the list than it is.
>>
File: 1461493041573.jpg (111KB, 835x1280px)
1461493041573.jpg
111KB, 835x1280px
>>49624614
>For an active Body Sculpt, the red flag is, 'Oh, and this motherfucker is disguising himself, not just someone who's Awakened.'

You'd still need 4 hits to get that level of detail on an astral signature, if you take 'disguising adept ability' as a general cause of astral signature. Two hits will tell you if it's the same aura you've seen before (most likely way to get caught, if the mage knows the person you're impersonating), and three will (on a generous reading) tell you they are using an Adept power at the moment, but not which one.
>>
>>49624593
They mean that if the person with high essence assens you its easy to find out if you are awaked, which is correct cause it is 1 hit.
>>
>>49624593
>>49624614

1 hit on assensing doesn't tell you that the subject is using body sculpt, that's 4+ territory. 3 hits to tell how strong the character is in magic is more likely than he going to get through your body sculpt power.
>>
>>49624709
What?
>>
>>49624817
This person i commented on said you couldnt assense if someone was awakened with 1 hit, but thats exactly what it says on the table.
Dont ask me why.
>>
>>49624876
No, I didn't. I said you couldn't tell if they were magice 5+ with one hit, which the guy I was repsonding to said.

lrn 2 red
>>
>>49624904
No he didn't, he said a dude who was magic 5+ could easily assense someone.

You can tell this because he used especially, implying the higer rating assists rather then having no affect.

That only applies when the one with the magic is the assenser.

Lrn 2 red.
>>
File: YES.png (40KB, 152x254px)
YES.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>49624123

>mfw my prototype transhuman mystic adept was allowed at the table
>>
>>49623438
The internet was invented over here, so we get to be the default.
>>
>>49625032
>a dude who was magic 5+ could easily assense someone.
??
>implying the higer rating assists rather then having no affect.
???
>That only applies when the one with the magic is the assenser.
????????????????????????????????????

this is so confusing

what I understood of this is that Anon1 said that with a MAG of 5+ you are distinctive
Anon2 replied that this had no effect on assensing since the assensing person needed 3+ hits to notice the magic rating, at all
after that came anon3 writing a modern "Has anyone rather been decided..."
and after that came chaos

so far correct?
>>
>>49625261
>>49625032
>>49624904
>>49624876
This is the dumbest fucking nit-picky, semantic argument that I've ever seen on 4chan, and that's really, really saying something, you stupid faggots.
>>
>>49625287
Thanks!
>>
>>49625287
>>49625261 here

I don't even know what the fuck they are arguing about right now
>>
>>49625081
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
>>
>>49625261

Anon 1 said that with magic at all you are distinctive to any one assessing you, especially if that person has 5+ magic.

Anon 2 thought this person meant Mag5+ are distinctive and argued against that.
>>
>>49625579
>Anon 1 said that with magic at all you are distinctive to any one assessing you, especially if that person has 5+ magic.

Anon who made the claim here, this is correct

I didn't remember that 1 hit was only telling whether the guy was awakened. But they were also wrong about body sculpt being easily assensible, so it's even
>>
>>49625579
>especially if that person has 5+ magic.
that a mage is distinctive I can understand
but what difference does the rating do?
Because unless you get 3+ hits on the test you don't even know that one of them has higher or lower magic than you, and you need 4 hits to know their respective exact magic rating to be able to compare them
>>
Since we're on the subject: how does lower essence make you harder to detect, astrally? I don'tsee anything about essence under Astral Perception
>>
>>49625718
It doesn't
>>
>>49625667
That person refers to the assensor, not the guy getting detected.

So a mage who knows what he's doing is definitely getting that hit.

>>49625729
It worked for Glory? Maybe its a older rule.
>>
File: 1432685073798.jpg (174KB, 895x892px) Image search: [Google]
1432685073798.jpg
174KB, 895x892px
I just stumbled across a document on my computer from back in 2013 when I was attempting to get a SR game started on a deployment. Since I lacked a hardcopy of the core rulebook and none of my players actually wanted to learn we played a single session of D20 modern before it fizzled out and everyone went their separate ways.

This document was actually a list of Warriors-esque gangs I was planning on having the players encounter during the game that never happened. I had completely forgot about them but I'd love to get some feedback. Should I post them now or wait until the next thread?
>>
>>49625798
Post them here and quote the page in the next thread.
>>
>>49625741
>So a mage who knows what he's doing is definitely getting that hit.
how?

Again, I'm tired and maybe missing some of the conversation:
We have:
Target mage in question, 5+ MAG, let's call him M
Assensor, has astral perception, has assensing, MAG 3 let's call him A
And another mage, this time with MAG 2, lets call him W, for Weak

>M and W enter a room where A is
>neither M nor W have Masking
>A is suspicious, tries to assense them
>A rolls INT+Assensing
THREE SCENARIOS
>A rolls either 1 or 2 hits
>A knows that both M and W are awakened
>A doesn't know that M has a higher Magic

>A rolls 3 hits
>A knows that M has higher magic, W has lower
>if A had MAG 1 he'd know that both are higher than him
>If A had MAG 2 or 5+ he'd know that one of them has the same as him

>A rolls 4 hits
>A now knows that M has MAG 5+ and W has MAG 2

Tell me, how exactly does A's MAG rating help him?
>>
>>49625920
No A is supposed to have the 5+ mag not M.
The intent is that Assensor, with his high mag rating, is rolling to many dice to not get a hit and out the infiltrator as a awakened. Which doesn't out him as a infiltrator per-say but is rare enough that he's getting signaled out.
>>
>>49625741
>It worked for Glory?
The fuck? When?
>>
>>49625973
You realize that Magic isn't added to Assensing rolls, right? It's Intuition+Assensing.

I'm not sure what bearing Magic could possibly have in all of this, other than the infiltrator's own Magic score.
>>
>>49625973
>No A is supposed to have the 5+ mag not M.
what? In all the discussion we were talking about the social infiltrator, that him having 5+ MAG is far more obvious than having Body Sculpt on
The Infiltrator has the 5+ MAG
>Assensor, with his high mag rating, is rolling to many dice
and again
MAG doesn't give a DPM on assensing tests
You roll INT + Assensing
>>
>>49625872

I'll post them on the next one since this isn't bumping anymore.
>>
>>49626022
You know the chrome she's decked in? The reason she wears it is to shred her essence so low that the Adversary, her own toxic mentor spirit, can not find her after it coaxed her into slaughtering her own mother.
>>
>>49626126
..no. I see where you're confused. It didn't make her hard to find with assensing, it dropped her Magic score to 0 due to essence loss. You lose your connection to any mentor spirits if you're Magic 0.
>>
>>49626166
Ah, they don't really explain the crunch, though she also gets magic later how did that work?
>>
>>49626242
>though she also gets magic later how did that work?
Basically? Think of it like this. She was Magic 5. She got enough 'ware to drop herself down to, say Essence 1.5. She's now Magic 0, with a Maximum Magic of 1. Through an explicitly-allowed-in-setting GM-fiat encounter, she rekindles her awakening, and buys her Magic back up to 1 immediately in play.

Technically, if she was so inclined, she could go on to do a series of Initiations and Magic purchases after the end of the game too, after that point.
>>
>>49626354
That sounds like somethng she'd do yeah, man such a developed character.
>>
New thread theme?
>>
Why does Chummer crash so fucking much?

And corrupt my characters to boot

Even the crash handler crashes
>>
>>49626716
Have you tried reporting the bugs and using the latest version?

If you don't report crashes, then it never fixes, man. Yekka's actually good at fixing shit when it's brought to him, but that requires, well, that to happen.
>>
>>49626732
Can't get the crash report because the crash handler crashes before it can write the log to send it.
>>
New Thread
>>49627423
>>49627423
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.