[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/- Shadowrun General- Forced Chrome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 43

File: 1474507199400.jpg (215KB, 503x733px) Image search: [Google]
1474507199400.jpg
215KB, 503x733px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Endolite...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>49561091
>From_Pistorius_To_Hatchetman_A_History_of_Cyberpsychosis.zdf
>Bulk_Mods_Gone_Wrong.trid
>Cybertechnology.sklchp
>Four_Chrome_Limbs.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 5578 (72% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message: "Do I really need a cyberskull?"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running DaddySpentFiveCapacityOnCummies.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Have you ever seen/played someone with involuntary cyberware? Not Mr. Two Legs That Let Me Outrun A Westwind, but Mr. One Leg Because Of An Azzie Mine.
>>
>>49586902
I once played a game where a guys only cyberware was his cyber head. He was the groups fixer, and had apparently taken a shotgun blast to the lower part of his face at one point. It completely destroyed his face and neck, but his brain was largely intact. They saved it, stuck it in a jar, and then stuck the jar back on his body.
>>
Anywhere I can download all of the Neo-Anarchist podcasts, WITH titles?

I tried downloading them one by one from podcast sites, but the file names are just gibberish and I don't wanna name them all manually.
>>
File: 1461531465135.png (655KB, 833x756px) Image search: [Google]
1461531465135.png
655KB, 833x756px
>>49586958
So was he just a floating brain in a jar, or did they rebuild a proper cyberskull?

>>49586993
The iTunes selection seems to be fine.
>>
>>49587030
Anything for an Android/Windows user?
>>
>>49587030
Proper cyberskull, but it wasn't covered in skin. So he had a robot head, but a human body.
>>
>>49584731
Re-posting this here
>>
>>49587072
You blew it
>>
File: Terminator Skull.jpg (35KB, 620x414px)
Terminator Skull.jpg
35KB, 620x414px
>>49587045
Download iTunes, get podcast, show files, place wherever, get rid of iTunes. I don't use a Mac and I still have iTunes because they tend to be good about releasing episodes properly.

>>49587064
I have a job for you, Anon. Wetwork, target's name is Connor. Collateral damage is allowed.
>>
>>49587072
Riggers are terrible in 4e, I doubt anyone would have tried to mix them with anything, especially another gimped archetype like aspected alchemist.
>>
>>49586993
>can't even be bothered to type in a new name while downloading the file

That is some lazy ass shit right there. Enjoy your cancersticks.
>>
File: 1470932081218.jpg (192KB, 900x1286px)
1470932081218.jpg
192KB, 900x1286px
>>49587109
What about a hacker/rigger who enchants spy-flies to deliver spell payloads?
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.png (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.png
16KB, 500x500px
>>49587146
>riggers and alchemy are terrible, and dedicated hackers in 4e are a joke

>what if I do all three at once?
>>
>>49587045
On Android, I use Podcast Addict just fine. Subscribe to the iTunes feed, and you get the titles, thumbnails, notes, everything.
>>
>>49587164
Alright then. Is the first combo any good in 5e?
>>
>>49587259
Alchemy is an absolute joke in 5. I think rigging is pretty fiddly too, but don't quote me on that. Even if rigging is good, alchemy is bad enough to invalidate the combo.
And to answer what I presume will be your next question, hacking in 5 is okay I guess but it is also fairly resource-intensive so it doesn't combo very well with much, let alone alchemy.
>>
So if you were to do Shadowrun in a lighter system what would you choose? Or are the rules part of the draw for you guys? I can't really contribute too much because I know neither system nor setting THAT well (but I do love some cyberpunk).
>>
>>49587275
Damn. Had a character in mind and everything.
>>
>>49587285
Sorry bud, them's the breaks.
>>
>>49587279
I'd just use Shadowrun?
>>
>>49587279
Blades In The Dark? I hear there's an SR hack for it somewhere. Nova Praxis sorta works. Maybe Dogs In The Vineyard.
>>
>>49587338
You call Shadowrun a rules light system?

>>49587404
Blades in the dark could work well for my style. Thanks for reminding me of that game.
>>
does anyone have any clue what Extravagant eyes would apply mechanically, or is it just one of those obsolete/lost qualities that needs to be houseruled.
One of my players was planning on being a hobgoblin, but I could not find the rules for that metagenic quality anywhere.
>>
>>49587275
To be fair, alchemy is better in 5e, if only for reagents.
>>
>>49587462
Lost quality, I guess. Shouldn't he just take Distinctive Style in its place?
>>
File: AnarchyCover.jpg (611KB, 880x1100px)
AnarchyCover.jpg
611KB, 880x1100px
Anarchy's out.

>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/194759/Shadowrun-Anarchy

>Man. Machine. Magic.
>Shadowrun. The Sixth World. Orks in pinstripe suits with uzis; mohawked dwarves jacked into vehicles racing through megasprawls at breakneck speed; humans casting fireballs at corporate-trained paracritters; elves hacking the Matrix for a datasteal of the latest tech or working to topple an upstart corp. It’s where man meets magic and machine.

>Dive into a cyberpunk dystopia and become a shadowrunner, a deniable asset who does the jobs no one else can—or will—do. It’s not an easy life, but it beats selling your soul to the megacorps. You’ll break into top-secret labs, stand up to gangs bent on destruction and chaos, encounter dark spirits hiding even darker secrets, and come face to face with some of the infinite dangers the Sixth World can throw at you. And you’ll come out on top—because if you don’t, you don’t get paid.

>Shadowrun: Anarchy is a new way to get into the best cyberpunk/urban fantasy action around. Based upon the rules-light and easy-to-learn Cue System, Shadowrun: Anarchy is a narrative-focused game experience that has everything you need to quickly grab some gear, load up on spells, and get to throwing the dice. With loads of characters and missions, the book makes it simple to get up and running. Immerse yourselves in the Sixth World!
>>
>>49587747
Did they really not come up with new art for the cover? I mean, it's better than a bunvh of the 5e covers, but even so.
>>
File: mad jelly.gif (5MB, 216x384px) Image search: [Google]
mad jelly.gif
5MB, 216x384px
>>49587747
so motherf'in hype RIGHT NOW!!
>>
>>49586902
shadowrun anarchy just released, anyone got a copy of the PDF? Might be fun to play with some normies.
>>
>>49587747
Rules light?

This doesn't sound too good. 5th already had issues with not having as much content as 4th. Are we switching gears already?
>>
>>49587905
anarchy is a game for normies who cant learn the rules and want a alternative system to be able to RP in the SR universe without spending a month building a char sheet.
>>
>>49587905
Alternate ruleset of questionable compatability with the core. Basically a quickplay book to get new groups invested in the game so they don't get immediately scared off by the tidal wave of rules and shitty editing.
>>
>>49587905
Rules light is the new vogue.
>>
>>49587920
>>49587926
Fair enough. As long as this doesn't become the new focus, I'm down.
>>
>>49587936
Depends how it sells. If it's a hit, expect SR6e to be ShadowFATE.
>>
>>49587946
...Whelp, I guess I'll always have 5E, at least.
>>
>>49587946
nah they have said they want this to be an alternate rule system to co-exist side by side with their more complex rule set. Theyre always going to have two, a full version and a lite version. Or so they claim.
>>
>>49587926
>Implying the editing'll be any better this time around.
>>
>>49587905
Believe it or not there's a large crowd of fans who adore the games setting and stories but dislikes the min-maxing crunch of the pen and paper game. (but still have a desire to play it in PnP form).
>>
>>49587998
I trust CGL about as far as I can throw them, and half of them are manlets.

>>49588014
Shitty editing is tolerable when the rules are low volume. With this much crunch, its impossible to infer how its all supposed to work together or if anyone even thought that far ahead.

>>49588029
But why use a different system for every setting? There are enough universal systems to plug into the setting without having to playtest all the shitty setting specific systems.
>>
>>49588066
Name a single generic rules lite system that would capture shadowrun properly, including decking, magic, and ware
>>
>>49588082
>implying shadowrun could capture any of those properly
>>
>>49588066
The thing about Anarchy is it tries to feel as close to Shadowrun as it can. So it has the D6 dice pools, skill tests, and so on.

I could play Shadowrun on Savage Worlds, Fate, or so on, but it feels alien to me.

This is more like playing Shadowrun's brother/cousin. and It's a great way to make those fans feel at home with the rest of the community
>>
>>49588130
I played a 3.5/3.P campaign for 5 years and that's exactly how I feel about 5e.

That said, I think this is aimed at attracting new players rather than the old guard.
>>
>>49586902
>Mr. One Leg Because Of An Azzie Mine.
I literally never take replacement cybernetics for non-medical reasons. The notion of someone chopping off a perfectly health arm or leg for a cyberlimb - no matter the reason - makes my stomach turn with discomfort.

A character might then capitalize on the loss, mind you, tricking out whatever replacement they do end up getting. But Bob has those cybereyes because he looked into the detonation of the nuke at Chicago, Sally has that cyberarm because of an industrial accident with a hydraulic press (which pushed her to start shadowrunning because of how the company treated her afterwards), and Harry has that cyberleg because he got so shot up one time that the doctors had to amputate to protect him from sepsis and hemorrhage.

Non-destructive cyberware I'm fine with. Someone getting a smartlink implanted in their eye without having their eyes or retinas removed or anything is fine. But if someone has a cyberlimb or other Capacity-granting replacement, it's because they had some kind of accident, or defect, or illness which robbed them of the organic version and required a replacement.
>>
>>49588186
I have a group of oldies who are excited about this.

We've been very welcoming to the latest trend of narrative gaming, and when we heard of anarchy's release we were beyond gitty with excitement. It's not that we hated 5th edition, but we really wanted something that flowed more with our playstyle.
>>
>>49587275
Rigging is really good in 5e now that they released the splatbook for it, but yes, Alchemy is trash.
>>
>>49588191
Cybereye description notes that in universe cybereyes are so useful, inexpensive, and the surgery so perfected, that even people with perfect normal vision will get their bio eyes replaced with the cyber version. They're pretty much one step away from being on the same level as a commlink, IE something you need to even function in modern society.
>>
>>49588098
But it got points for tryin.
>>
>>49587064
>robot head
So we talking Terminator man or we talking something that wont scare the kids?
>>
No one bought anarchy yet? hit us with that PDF
>>
>>49588232
Fuck that. It's literally revolting to me. If someone was blind or had some kind of physical defect with their eyes, sure, but I'll never be making a character who got their eyes replaced because 'fuck it, they're just too useful not to.'

I get why other people do it, and that's their choice, but I can't bring myself to make a character like that.
>>
>>49588287
The bar is low, so no kitbash has to pull it off right, just better than the core did.
>>
>>49588316
Thats fair, essence is a precious thing, dont squander it.
>>
So, lads, first time GMing 5e, most of my players are also new. Should I be enforcing downtime required to train stuff, and double quality costs after chargen?
>>
>>49588353
Nah, fuck Essence, I'll cram things into my body all day every day. It's the removal of the perfectly healthy, perfectly functional things that turns my stomach, not the addition of the artificial parts.
>>
>>49588371
I've been told if you teach them wrong in the begining they will never get it.
>>
>>49588316
>>49588375
Then it's not for you. Most people don't have perfectly functional organs though, just ones they're quite accustomed to. Not that anyone is in a hurry to cut out their appendix, even though it's a ticking timebomb.

Keep in mind that this is a contemporary perspective of a speculative culture. One we may see within our lifetimes.

Ghost in the Shell had a mention of this in one of the ARISE episodes - opting out of having your body cyberized was considered a mental disorder because it's equivalent to opting out of society. Kind of like not chipping yourself with a tracking device and continuously maintaining and upgrading it at your own expense. Smartphones and to a lesser extent laptops.
>>
>>49588397
>Then it's not for you.
For sure, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't expect anyone else's characters to necessarily cleave to my feelings on the matter, but while cybernetic implants themselves don't bother me in the slightest, destructive ones that require people to electively remove healthy body parts in order to receive them are the sort of thing I could never even consider giving one of my own characters.

I might have a character with two matching, tricked-out cyberlegs, but it'll be because he lost them both above the knee to a tragic traffic accident, not because he had his normal legs chopped off in favor of an 'upgrade.'
>>
>>49588371
I'd say keep the downtime in part for lifestyle costs. Seems like annoying bookkeeping, but the looming pressure of needing money to live (or, if very successful, maintain luxuries) and crime being the only reasonable option (that doesn't sell one's soul to a corp) to get it really fits in with the theme.
As for double quality costs after chargen... uh, yeah, keep that. Not sure why you wouldn't. It's a balance thing, not a bookkeeping thing.
>>
File: baron-samedi-1.jpg (122KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
baron-samedi-1.jpg
122KB, 396x396px
Who here has made custom traditions for magic?

I thought of something (probably been beaten to the punch already, but eh) that would make sense as a common (in New Orleans, at least) CAS magical tradition: Voodoo. What does /tg/ think?
>>
>>49588536
Exists, I think, in Cuba.
>>
>>49588315
It got released like, three hours ago. Calm your tits. Also I have no interest in it aside from the art so I won't be providing it.
>>49588536
Already exists in Street Grimoire.
>>
>>49588536
Street Grimoire.

Nothing wrong with custom traditions imo but always dobule check before makin one.
>>
>>49588580
Well damn. I'll have to check Street Grimoire again. Thanks for telling me.
>>
File: gear.jpg (130KB, 575x359px)
gear.jpg
130KB, 575x359px
>>49588029
Welp they mentioned vehicle stats but didn't offer stats for them.
>>
>>49588635
R U L E S L I T E
>>
>>49588316
Spoiler: contacts/glasses do the same thing just are easier to haxx0r
>>
>>49588635
C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S
A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C
T A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A
A L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T
L Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A
Y S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L
S T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y
T G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S
G A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T
A M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G
M E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A
E L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M
L A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E
A B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L
B S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A
S C A T A L Y S T G A M E L A B
>>
File: srun slipstream elf.png (902KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
srun slipstream elf.png
902KB, 900x600px
>>49588718
>>49588669
So far that's like the only glaring issue to me.
Everything else looks really good.

They have like 30 sample characters and around 40 (I think) sample missions to start out with . And they left a lot of explanation on making your own gear/magic for stuff.
>>
>Matrix Perception is a complex

>if anybody you're fighting in the same room has their links/decks on hidden you have to use one IP just to find them in the matrix even if you can see them

>This is shadowrun so everybody and their mother runs silent most of the time

>>>you then have to spend another IP to get a mark

>By that time any half-competent party is in the wrap-up stage of combat
>>
>>49588760

Worth the read?
>>
>>49587747
Aww man what happened to the Sledge cover? Get this ugly keebweeb and inverted colour circuits shit outta here.
>>
>>49588796
If you enjoy the crunch of fifth stick with it.

If you're looking for something faster/more story based or something to introduce friends relatively new to pen and paper games into. Check it out.
>>
>>49588821
Well given i was going to make a quest i'll probbably check it out after finishing core.
>>
>>49588430
I can get this. That one line from RoboCop(you should know the one) bothered the shit out of me.

In my case I could still probably write a character that went for optional part replacement, but I know everyone has their own thing where they just don't want to write it.
>>
>>49588316
>Fuck that. It's literally revolting to me
How can you be such a child?
>>
>>49586902
that's a hella dumb design

it has zero flection and looks like it was printed from inferior materials

t. a future amputee
>>
How do I brick a Transys Avalon in one Data Spike, no other actions? Can it be done with my current set? Goal is to Matrix Perception and then Data Spike next turn, flat one-two.

Here's my current calculations

Transys Avalon - R4 F6
Matrix Resist : 10 DAM
Condition Mon: 11 box

Required DAM: 21 to brick in one shot

Shiawase Cyber-4
Rating: 4, Program Slots:4
Attack 8+1 Quality (Overclocker)+1 Decrypt Program[1 slot]
Base ATK = 10

Data Spike:
10 Base ATK+ Hits + 2/Mark + 2 Hammer Program [1 slot] +
Data Spike Dice=12 + 2 Hot Sim + 2 Device Spec Mean = 5 1/3 hits
10+5 1/3+2=17 1/3 DAM

So we're missing 3 2/3 DAM. Help me find it, anons, I know it's in these books somewhere.
>>
So have any of your teams used a legitimate business as a front for shadowrunning? seems like a good idea to have a lagoon company-esque fallback to keep suspicions low.
>>
>>49589319
One of my characters was a unlicensed doctor who started as nurse to a street doc. Later they became business partners and in the halfway through the campaign started their own company to cover all their business.

I retired the char soon after, but he became useful contact and Mr Johnson for our runners.
>>
Where's the best place for an Ork Rigger with a low lifestyle to live in Seattle?

I'd live in the Ork Underground but when you can't drive about there, it just seems like an unnecessary hassle for a rigger.
>>
>>49589319
Pub that my runners usually go through for work has its own runner team hiding amongst the staff.
>Face works as the second bartender
>Head Chef is Street Sam, Blades Spec.
>Bouncer is a Rigger/Heavy Weapons Spec.
>Second, wiry bouncer is a Physical Adept.
>Decker runs cams and SIN tracking, basic IT.
>Mage hides as primary bartender, doesn't show the fact that he has magic (Astral Chameleon)
>Doctor runs a private practice in the basement, skilled in surgery.
>Fixer/Secondary Face/Connections Man is the Manager of the pub.

The runners only know the Face, the Doctor, and the Fixer. Besides, the pub hosts at least three other teams and a Safehouse next to the Private Practice.
>>
File: Sons_of_Sauron_Gang.jpg (375KB, 1280x898px) Image search: [Google]
Sons_of_Sauron_Gang.jpg
375KB, 1280x898px
>>49589747
>Ork Rigger
>Low Lifestyle
>Seattle

Well...
>Redmond Barrens
>Renraku Arcology
>Redmond near the Barrens
>Puyallup near the Barrens
>Puyallup Barrens
There's more, but you'd have to find a map. Safety ratings haven't exactly changed since 3rd Ed.
>>
>>49589747
>>49589966

Auburn, Tacoma and Everett would have their share of low lifestyle locales. Auburn is a working class region so you could score a cheap flat, Tacoma has its infamous aroma which would drop property prices and Everett is on the edge of either collapsing into poverty or being gentrified.
>>
>Anarchy is a precursor to a rules light Shadowrun, oh no the normies are invading the sky is falling!

Chill the fuck out.

I can promise you, and I mean super promise, that Anarchy will never replace the crunchy mess we all love. Even if it becomes the best-selling RPG of all time and displaces D&D as the thing people think of when they hear "RPG" there will still be regular Shadowrun right alongside it. CGL likes money, but they also know you guys would annihilate them if they even tried to motion in the direction of abandoning Shadowrun as we know it.

I don't know what I'm allowed to say about upcoming books without breaking my NDA, but you don't need to worry about Anarchy sucking up resources or getting books that SR5 "should" get.
>>
>>49588300
The way the GM described it was featureless, but with the suggestion of a face. Like an abstract statue or something. I suppose so he could pass it off as a mask. He was a pretty stylish character, and always put a lot of effort into appearances.
>>
>>49590024
Nobody was saying that you PR jockey
>>
>>49588536
I've made a Christian Charismatic tradition (distinguished from the Christian Theurgy tradition in the game in that it's entirely Protestant, and it doesn't profane itself by mixing in pagan/Hermetic practices), personally. Posted it here months and months ago, and got yelled at because I apparently managed to pick all of the most powerful spirits when I was picking them based on flavor.
>>
>>49590375
Ah, I found a copy of the write-up I made for it, and posted it onto pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/V8XuMGh3

Enjoy, chummers!
>>
>>49590375
Picking things based on flavor and accidentally making a broken character is the worst feeling.
>>
>>49589747
Just because it's underground doesn't mean the entire thing is human-sized tunnels, nor do you need to drive inside to keep a vehicle somewhere on the surface.
>>
>>49584455
>During the 2050's, who would you say would be the main law enforcement groups in San Francisco? Mitsuhama?

Repostan cause I didn't get a response last night.
>>
>>49590894

Jap imperial marines. It was under military occupation during that time. Think what the US did in Iraq post invasion.
>>
>>49590894
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Japanese_Imperial_State

There you go. OP has enough that you can start reading.
>>
>>49589224
Honestly, you don't need 21 unless you want the destruction guaranteed.

On average, the 17 and a third you have should still brick the thing in one Data Spike. Oh, and don't forget any dice from Codeslinger or specialties.
>>
>>49590939
Hmm. So generally speaking a teenage (not old enough for jail) amateur decker's mischief would land them in hot water either in the form of:
- Knocking on a corp's server doors and them sending their own security company to kick down their doors - possibly with a fine and observation over a trial period.
- Knocking on government server doors and having Imperial marines kick down your door, put a bag over your head and disappear you.

Is that about accurate?
>>
>>49590994

They'd probably kill him in option A too honestly. When San Fran was under Jap, and later Saitos, rule the Japan corps were fucking yuge there.
>>
>>49590994
>teenage (not old enough for jail)
That doesn't apply post-territoriality. If a corporation wants X to be (il)legal within their realm, it is.
>>
>>49591005
Hmm, fair enough. I'll work around the plot connotations of the backstory with that in mind then. Basically was trying to come up with some kind of slip-up in their past that would make them more cautious and less reckless in the future.
>>
so a friend is running a game in the PCC and I'm auditioning for group mage. Input, Insults, and suggestions appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/FdnxvAFJ
>>
>>49591075
Zuko? Really?
>>
>>49591238
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease_(film)

less fire nation more stereotypical italy
>>
>>49586902
My current Shadowrunner, a geology student trying to make ends meet Shadowrunning, lost both his arms. Not at the same time, but one after the other. Left arm got crushed at the shoulder by rocks falling in a cave he was spelunking and collecting samples for the paper he was writing. Lost an arm, but he did get those samples. The new arm isn't exactly stealthy though, since it has this constant whirring noise that just won't GO AWAY. As if that wasn't bad enough, it'll just stop working at the most inopportune times.

His right arm was taken from right above the elbow and he lost that one by trying to toss back a frag grenade thrown by some Anti-Runners, a group of Corp. endorsed Shadowrunners that worked for the company his team was stealing tech for. He would've used his left arm, but that stopped working in the middle of the firefight.

Not the most fun of times for either one. The first cyberlimb took most of his savings (and designated college funds), but the other was pretty much paid by the job after he was done.

At least everything else he had in him was consensual.
>>
>>49587404
>Dogs In The Vineyard

That would be an impressive hack to make DitV work with SR. They're very different games with very different design philosophies.
>>
File: Horace Bulldog.jpg (152KB, 650x715px) Image search: [Google]
Horace Bulldog.jpg
152KB, 650x715px
>>49587462
>The character’s irises, whites, or possibly even entire eyes take on an unusual color. For example, a character may develop bright green irises, both eyes may turn light silver, or one eye may turn white and one black. Many onlookers will simply assume the character has cybereyes. Altered eye color has no effect on the character’s vision. This effect is incompatible with cybereyes or bioware eyes.

It was in 4e. Distinctive Style works as a substitute.
>>
>>49591635
It's not even supposed to be for the hobgoblin. It's an oni negative.
>>
>>49591615
Depends on how you handle traits and fallout, from what I've read of it.
>>
>>49588430
>I might have a character with two matching, tricked-out cyberlegs, but it'll be because he lost them both above the knee to a tragic traffic accident, not because he had his normal legs chopped off in favor of an 'upgrade.'

...which is amazingly less likely than just getting the upgrade.

He could have had cloned replacements for a fraction of the price. Nothing forced him to get the cyberlegs and say "hey, with cyberlegs like this, may as well be a street samurai".
>>
File: Screenshot (233).png (20KB, 568x125px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (233).png
20KB, 568x125px
>>49591668
?

Oni have Striking Skin Pigmentation, nothing wrong with their eyes (a bit bulgy, but no negative quality). Hobgoblins have totally black eyes.
>>
>>49591774
Wasn't clear; I was talking about 4e, though looking at the MRP Runners Companion now doesn't have it. Still, hobgoblin eyes back then were just 'dark', and 'a bit bulgy' is talking protuberant eyes down as they are now.
>>
>>49591760
>He could have had cloned replacements for a fraction of the price.
>Full cloned arm/leg bioware - 40k nuyen.
>Full cybernetic arm/leg cyberware - 15k nuyen.

You can disagree without lying, chummer. The only time a cybernetic limb costs more than a cloned replacement is if you've Customized it up to 6 Strength, 6 Agility. And while 40k nuyen is indeed a fraction of 45k, it's a large enough one that calling it 'a fraction of the price' is, at best, misleading.

And, more to the point, it sounds like 'intentionally removing a healthy limb' is the part that fucks with him, not 'opting for cyberware rather than splurging on biological replacement.'

Dude even went out of his way to say that it's just a personal thing, I don't really understand how you can try to write a disagreement to some chummer's personal preference for his own characters. Do you find it somehow personally challenging for someone to not like cyberlimbs in the same way as you, or something?
>>
>>49592024
I wouldn't call a Str 6, Agi 6 limb tricked out. 8, 8 is the min for tricked out if we're going pure stats. But even then I'd say it should have some other goodies in it. Like an implant weapon and a rating 5 sensor.
>>
>>49592024
Personally, I would only question the 'tricked out' part.

Financially speaking, cyberlegs are the more affordable option, so if you can't shell out for cloned legs then those are the ones that you wanna get - otherwise, if you can afford it, it's kind of a natural thing for someone who lost their legs to want actual, flesh and blood legs once again, as opposed to cold, metallic ones.

Them being tricked out seems more like a case for 'after I got them, I decided to accessorize' in the same way that once you get your first motorcycle, you start thinking 'how can I personalize this sumbitch?'
>>
>>49590024
TECHNO AND AI BOOK WHEN
>>
>>49592113
>>49592113
Seconded.
>>
>>49592084
>>49592085
It's absolutely tricked out, because a basic cyberarm/cyberleg that's human average - and therefore perfectly adequate for most humans - is just 15k nuyen.

Dropping 45k on a human-maximum customized cyberarm instead of the 15k version is like getting a luxury vehicle with a powerful engine instead of the basic, cheap sedan you actually need.

Is it a good investment for a street samurai or anyone else who'd be putting the limb into an extreme situation? Obviously, the same way that a more powerful, faster car is probably better for a runner than the basic shit too.

But it's even literally called 'customization.' You're getting a customized, more powerful, more precise limb, even if in practice no PC is going to settle for anything less unless they just absolutely can't afford it.
>>
>>49592120
>>49592113
thirded, gimme my fucking book.
>>
>>49592084
>I wouldn't call a Str 6, Agi 6 limb tricked out.
>Personally, I would only question the 'tricked out' part.
What the actual fuck are you talking about? I never called it 'tricked out.' I said:
>The only time a cybernetic limb costs more than a cloned replacement is if you've Customized it up to 6 Strength, 6 Agility.
>>
>>49592149
You didn't. The guy that you were talking to was quoting a person that said they'd get a tricked out cyber-leg.

Seemed a natural line of conversion to me.
>>
Hey, Yekka, even with Knucks Benefit from Unarmed Bonuses ticked, Penetrating Strike doesn't seem to properly apply to them.
>>
>>49592149
The tricked out part comes from the original anon who didn't want to replace his legs.

>I might have a character with two matching, tricked-out cyberlegs, but it'll be because he lost them both above the knee to a tragic traffic accident, not because he had his normal legs chopped off in favor of an 'upgrade.'

The point anon was making is that it seems likely that someone would try and get bioware if they just wanted their legs back, and not go for the awesome tricked-out chrome versions. To use the car metaphor, when you buy a new car you generally don't go from a Toyota to a Maserati unless there is a huge change in your life that justifies it, because you just don't need a car like that and having it means a whole lot more upkeep and specialized care.
>>
>>49592203
>>49592235
The way I took his statement was that such a person would opt for cybernetic replacements, then go on to trick them out. Aside from Customization, all other enhancements and upgrades are installed after the fact, not at the time of purchase. A dude with some crazy tricked-out cyberlegs probably started with some Customized Agility 6/Strength 3 cyberlegs (30k nuyen per leg - not only a full 1/3 cheaper than a cloned replacement, but it'll let you run faster, trip less often, and so forth too!) and then went on to later pick up things like Hydraulic Jacks, Skimmers, Armor, and Agility Enhancement too.

I don't find that an at all unreasonable explanation for how someone ended up with their legs that let them run as fast as a commuter train, especially if you're the kind of person who's disturbed by elective amputation.
>>
I'll play SR5 for the first time after GMing it for one year. I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>49592593
>someone escaped the foreverDM life
jealousy but also happiness

Best of luck, man, let us (me) know how it goes. What're you gonna play?
>>
>>49592662
A total nutcase of a decker, paranoid, with OCD, poor self control and an abusive AI as sole contact and companion. Obsessed with conspiracy theories. Name's Henry Mason Case Pines but he needs an alias.
>>
>>49592708
>nutcase
>paranoid
>OCD
"Monk"
>>
>>49592708
Pinebox or Masonjar are my suggestions.
>>
>>49592708
Also the AI is ultimately powerless, but she acts like a jealous and possessive girlfriend.
>>
So I'm >>49590894 again. Reading through some stuff here and there on the books, and I'm probably just an idiot who's missing it, but do megacorps provide schooling to their employees' kids outside of Japan? I know that Japan does it to the point that a megacorporation pretty much feeds, clothes, and raises your kid on its own products.
>>
>>49592934
Depends on what you are in the corp
Take this with a grain of salt:
>Normal wageslave? Tough luck, though promising students may be supported by the corp
>normal Corper? Most likely to keep you in it, you wouldn't want to sabotage your children's education, would you?
>Lifer? What do you think, omae? Of course, the full program: from Corp Preschool to their graduation they live, eat, watch, even THINK [insert Corp here]
>>
File: Education Meets Metatype Limits.jpg (138KB, 900x635px) Image search: [Google]
Education Meets Metatype Limits.jpg
138KB, 900x635px
>>49592934
Yes. Common education seems to be charter school-type things for those who can afford it; corp-sponsored schools for the middle class to keep them in the loop and out of those dirty low-class public schools.

If you have a limited corp SIN, you pay for the privilege of educating your kid at MCT High, probably at a discount. Full corp SIN, and you might not have to pay at all, though your kids still go there.

If you're not an employee, you might try to push your kid to excel at schooling so they can win a slot at MCT High; then, for only 20,000 nuyen a semester, you can give them a good education and a chance to land a steady job at MCT when they graduate, escaping from the cycle of poverty into the cycle of wageslavery. Why, you'd be a fool not to do it.
>>
File: 1463872465658.jpg (137KB, 900x678px)
1463872465658.jpg
137KB, 900x678px
>>49592708
>abusive AI as sole contact and companion

Insect
>>
>>49592991
>>49593025
Thanks. Basically, the parent in question is what I guess what you'd call a 'normal Corper'. Shiawase Biotech specifically singled him out for his research, in exchange for treating his kid's genetic disorder. So he's not wageslave, since he's in charge of his own project and has a team, but he's still obviously obliged to them and isn't going to be anywhere near a high-end position (not that he'd want one, at that).

So I guess you could say he's mid-tier in regards to his placement in Shiawase Biotech's rankings? So based on that, yeah, I guess that means his kid's going to a Shiawase charter school.
>>
>>49588316
You =/= Your character
>>
>>49588580
Btg here
We get new releases 30 minutes after release, step your game up :^)
>>
>>49593326
Literally who?
>>
>>49593326
see >>49588635

someone has it, they're just not sharing, and I don't want to fork out for it because I'll never actually play it.
>>
In the same light as Anarchy, there is also an updated core reprint and a master index. Someone should upload at least the index, but I'm in no hurry.
>>
>>49593335
BattleTech General, the unloved other game by CGL
The Hugo to /srg/s Bart Simpson
>>
File: 272446_1268837225_submedium.jpg (143KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
272446_1268837225_submedium.jpg
143KB, 600x700px
>>49588315
Anarchy Burger. Thanks to the anon who uploaded it first.
https://mega.nz/#!1tUDmRgL!8q-wlhnIbuftm9VCZ5tQwNLmWKBiexeNAb246BKVMkA
>>
>>49593505
People actually play that? I'm a bit impressed.
>>
>>49593531
Thank you and thank orginal uploader
>>
Is it just me, or is distinctive style pretty much mandatory for any character that actually has a visual design other than "nondescript guy in suit"?

I am asking because i may get a machine head, and that seems distinctive
>>
>>49593724
No, you aren't special. There are tens if not hundreds of thousands of shadowrunners, and a significant percentage of them have cyberskulls. Wow, oh no, you have a metal head, just like the 10,000 other guys who also have one. No one cares.
>>
>>49593742
Well, how outsyanding do you have to beshadowrunners tend to be fairly distinctive.

Or is the trait reserved for the super outlandish, like frank the hotdog guy?
>>
>>49593760
Man i mangled that first sentence.
Damn my fat thumbs
>>
>>49593760
Do things in a particularly unusual way, have a bunch of weirdly customized gear, leave behind calling cards, whatever.
>>
>>49593760
Why would you even want to have a distinctive style that makes you stand out?

Unless of course you WANT to be easy to track down and shoot in the head while taking a shit.
>>
>>49593783
>leave behind calling cards

That's a different Quality, though I don't know why.
>>
>>49593794
I was asking if you guys thought it was mandatory given the flair runners usually have.
>>49593783
Some of those dont sound very distinctive at all, but the calling cards one is an ok barometer of suspicion
>>
>>49588886
>t. a future amputee
Got the 'beetus?
>>
>>49593724
Distinctive Style is meant to illustrate something about your character is distinct. Try to remember what the setting is. Tons of weird things are going on. But how many people are dressed in billowing wizard robes with cotton pointed hats? That's a little distinct. How many people have four legs and tank treads for feet? Distinct. How many people have replaced their dick and balls with an automatic shotgun? Distinct.

pic related probably sticks out in the 6th world
>>
>>49593822
>I was asking if you guys thought it was mandatory given the flair runners usually have.

Considering that it's actually an optional FLAW in the sourcebooks..?
>>
>>49593844
>How many people have replaced their dick and balls with an automatic shotgun? Distinct.
Plenty, omae. Cyberpenis, implanted weapon.
>>
>>49593864
I think that the more important qualifer for that one is if you go around showing it off.

Definitely would get that negative quality and probably others besides.
>>
>>49593760
Distinctive style means that using a short description people can identify you
e.g
>Not DS
"Okay, can you describe the runner to me?"
"Well, he had neon pink hair, and a cyberarm and wore a trenchcoat"
"Sir, that applies to half a million people in this metroplex alone"
>DS
"Can you describe him to me?
"Well, he wore a big red helmet with Red horns and a devil face" or
"Well. he had four arms and Bright blue skin" or
"Well, he seemed incredibly charismatic and had that certain appearance of otherworldlyness" or
"Well, he always left some wooden figurines with the bystanders"
>>
File: dtd_sexmachine.gif (2MB, 320x180px)
dtd_sexmachine.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>49593844
>How many people have replaced their dick and balls with an automatic shotgun?
>>
>>49593886
>"Well, he seemed incredibly charismatic and had that certain appearance of otherworldlyness"
Fuck off
>>
>>49593920
why so angry, chummer?
>>
>>49593864
You can do it, doesn't mean that everyone does it.
>>
>>49593531
thanks to both of you!!
>>
File: 1445446770081.jpg (280KB, 1016x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445446770081.jpg
280KB, 1016x1080px
>>49593886
>"Well, he wore a big red helmet with Red horns and a devil face"

Distinctive Style is stuff that sticks with you. Unless you always wear the helmet and refuse to ever take it off, I'd say it doesn't count. I'm always leery of the 'fashion' option for Distinctive Style, because it tends to be the one people use to weasel out of the actual negative the most.
>>
>>49593531
Jesus christ the woman in the back of that picture has no ribcage.
>>
>>49593844
If I recall correctly, 4th edition says having a chromed cyberlimb is grounds for distinctive style.
>>
>>49593899
Fucking Dusk Till Dawn is the only movie that starts like what seems to be a good crime thriller, and then ends with a part of vampire hunters where the GM let a player make "Sex Machine".
>>
File: image.jpg (650KB, 634x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
650KB, 634x1100px
>>49588316
I wanted to make a character who had a similar outlook, they would see ware as a form of artistic expression and spend all kinds of crazy Nuyen on custom casing and looking cool while being functional, but they could not get past cyber eyes not looking entirely natural in an uncanny valley sort of way. "Eyes of the gateway to the soul" and that sort of thing.
>>
File: Runners Companion p104.png (49KB, 434x484px) Image search: [Google]
Runners Companion p104.png
49KB, 434x484px
>>49594039
It depends on the GM, the players, the campaign and other factors
see pic related for 4e
>>
>>49593094

Might trigger Ares and other runners. And by trigger, I mean get fragged just in case.
>>
>>49593094
>>49592708
Nutcase, Headcase, Bill Cipher

I like the way you think.
>>
Yekka, Mentor Spirit: Cat doesn't properly give two ranks of Light Body, and you can't take further ranks in it without adding an entirely new power for it.
>>
>>49594638
Alright, mild edit to this.

If you take Light Body before taking Mentor Spirit: Cat, it doesn't give you the ranks, but you CAN add ranks.

But the ranks are free.

Now, granted, it's not really all that amazing of a power, but a bug's a bug.
>>
How deep could one go into a corp with a hotdog mascott outfit, a cart of dogs, and claims to be discount catering services?
>>
>>49594684
Unless you have a good fake SIN and digital records of you being hired, you're not getting in the front door, chummer.
>>
>>49594684
To just before the front doors, unless you've got a SIN, a business license, and an order from someone inside the building.

If you're incredibly charming, you might be allowed to loiter in the lobby for a minute while they call upstairs if your scans don't check out, then security brings the food up themselves.
>>
>>49594694
>>49594717
Assume sin and fake business are there.

As for an order, that rreaaaaally depends on the decker
>>
>>49594777
As far in as your decker can make a fake order from, then.
>>
what are some good character builds that are strong for low power campaigns?
>>
>>49595220
>low power campaign
>strong
No.

Details, chummer? What are you looking to do? What are the limitations?
>>
>>49595238
Its 5th edition, I haven't met with my DM yet so I assume nothing is off the table for now.

Honestly I don't have any concrete ideas I desire to do. I was thinking either a human mage or adept if possible? Though idk how good they are in a low power setting compared to a street sammy.

If anything, I would be interested in a character that has some form of self preservation. Two of the PCs I know are much more pink mohawk than black trenchcoat, and throughout the years of playing with them in multiple settings, they tend to get caught up in the stupidest drek. They're not 'bad' players, they just tend to RP out silly situations that is usually at the expense of other players.

Any advice would be great, I'll be around for a couple of hours minimum
>>
>>49595220
>>49595500
It depends on what kind of low-powered campaign it is. What kind of character resources are getting limited, what kind of restrictions will be in place.
>>
>>49595500
Problem is, that we don't know what kind of "Low Power" you mean
Is it KarmaGen with reduced Karma?
Is it Priority with Street Level/Scum Rules (Distinction is VERY IMPORTANT)?
Is it Sum-To-(Number<10)?

All of these are Low Power and all are different
>>
>>49595532
>>49595548
Oh sorry. Its priority with street LEVEL rules from the 5th edition core book. Maximum availability on items can't be higher than 6R/6F. That's all I know so far.

Do i have enough information to request advice from you guys? If not, what kind of questions should I be asking my DM? Sorry for being vague
>>
>>49595674
>street LEVEL
>Maximum availability on items can't be higher than 6R/6F.
Play an Awakened character. The only thing Street Level does is take away money from the mundane archetypes and make things impossible to purchase at chargen. That makes things like Street Samurai, Deckers, and Riggers literally impossible to properly play.

Adept, Mage, Mystic Adept, or even a Technomancer - that's what you want to be in order to avoid being fucking trash.
>>
Is there some kind of Technomancer version of Mentor Spirit? Because that seems like it should be a thing but I'm not sure if it is or not.
>>
>>49593724
If you want to take it your character probably has something distinctive about them already. Literally any identifiable trait at all. Maybe he tries so hard to be a generic nobody it sticks out how contrived his plainness looks.
>>
>>49595877
There is in 4e, but Technomancers are currently the least-supported archetype in 5e, so I wouldn't expect anything like that until the technomancer book comes out.
>>
>>49595885
>Maybe he tries so hard to be a generic nobody it sticks out how contrived his plainness looks.

Isn't that just Blandness? Though that's mutually incompatible with Distinctive Style.
>>
Alright, you all, is there any resources for making effective 4e SR characters?
I'm in a game, and was told the book's sample pcs are shit, so what is an example of a good pc?
I'm looking at a basic streetsam pistolero, honestly.
>I was warned by the gm about milspec armor and "personal underarmor" or something like that, as well as anything he called edge end optimizing
>>
>>49595920

You'd think they'd just include a Technomancer only effect in the Mentor Spirits that are already in 5e, it's not like it would be hard to refluff.
>>
>>49595972
They really don't want to give any ammunition to people saying that technomancers are just another type of Awakened, so they give them exclusively their own content, instead of having any crossover with mage stuff.
>>
>>49595985
>They really don't want to give any ammunition to people saying that technomancers are just another type of Awakened
Too bad they are
Awakened bias
>>
So /srg/, what was your players' most paranoid moment?
Mine was last session:
>Party consists of people all new to SR, I as the GM am also new to both GMing and the SR pnp
>their first run was to steal a small briefcase from a container. This was, in fact, a test by the Johnson to look for basic competency. Obvious cameras, non-electrified fence, only 2 guards on patrol
>team manages run well, J is happy
>multiple sessions later
>J contacts them again, Decker tries to gather data on him but glitches
>they meet in a park, the sniper is located closely to observe, face and second face/sammy go to talk
>J congratulates on that run going well, offers them new run, supposed to break into a SecCorp (B-Level), steal some data and delete it from their servers, think that it's a run they should be able to handle
>runners make several mistakes, face introduces himself with Fake SIN, forgets he did some runs, small stuff
>J is pretty smug, I am getting smug as well
>runners fail the roll to negotiate a higher price
>they get more and more nervous and frightened, constantly expecting some backstabbing
>decline the run, J is a bit surprised but accepts it and wishes them good luck next time
>runners leave and converge at their shared base, terrified as all hell, thinking that they'll get blackmailed/marked/ostracized/Notoriety/etc.
>devise the brilliant plan to ROB THE FUCKING B-CORP IN ADVANCE, thinking that they can then immediately get paid by the J's employer
>next day: still nervous they get a call by their fixer
>"oh shit nigger we going to get annihilated".jpg
>fixer tells them to calm the fuck down, that there's nothing wrong with declining runs
>runners calm down but still think about enacting their "brilliant" plan
>>
File: max normal.png (419KB, 946x404px)
max normal.png
419KB, 946x404px
>>49595885

Why does that remind me of Max Normal from Judge Dredd?
>>
>>49596130
I made my players entirely paranoid after a session involving plastic flamingos and garden gnomes.

They still ask for perception rolls to see if they see gnomes.
>>
>>49596194
What did you do them you sick bastard?
>>
Here's an interactive version of the Anarchy character sheet. Everything besides the character portrait (which you can just paste in) should work, can you guys poke at it, make sure I didn't fuck anything up before it goes live?
>>
>>49589224
I'm a bit confused here.

For example,
>Matrix Resist: 10 DAM
A Transys Avalon has a device rating 6, so its Firewall is also 6, giving it 12d6 dice to resist matrix damage. Isn't that an average of 4 damage resisted? (12 * 1/3) Where's the 10 come in?

Also
>Data Spike Dice=12 + 2 Hot Sim + 2 Device Spec
I thought commlinks were always personas because people are constantly using them to access the Matrix with AR and for two-way communication. Am I wrong?
>>
>>49596194

Okay... storytime. You can't just leave that shit in the open and not elaborate
>>
>>49596427
>>49596842
We're playing a very low-magic campaign, but the players let a dragon (former associate of Alamais) free a few sessions before to cover their tracks. The goal was to lay some plot hooks for the next sessions, because the last ones had been nearly non-stop combat.
>players get a call telling them to come to some old dockland full of containers in Genoa
>decker traces the call, it's coming from that place
>they go there
>dockland seems abandoned, it's raining, rust everywhere, the whole ambiance
>player calls the number
>razorboy hear the ringtone in the distance on top of a tower
>they get there
>corpse
>medic/face checks the corpse, the guy clearly killed himself
>records show nothing of what can be in all those containers
At this point they were spooked as fuck and the sam wanted to get the fuck out. It should also be noted that I made a d100 table for the containers
>medic opens a container at random
>huge crab used the container as shell, fight ensues, the team blast it easily
>open another container
>dozens upon dozens of CRT monitors
At this point they started open up more of them in hopes of more "valuable" loot, so they found
>a gonzo journalist
>theatre costumes from the 1950s.
>soviet cigarettes
>a lot of newspapers they haven't investigated yet
>lots of pictures of the same woman
>fortunes cookies
>flamingos and garden gnomes

(cont)
>>
>>49595921
It would be like Blandness but if you accidentally went too far and came out the other side.
>>
>>49597076
It should be noted that they bit fortune cookies and the predictions were, like, very personalized. They also didn't close the door for the flamingo and gnome container.
>animated mannequins
>a mutant alligator
>a gnome laying in the mud outside of the alligator container, they don't remember if it was there or not
>LARP gear
>a pic of Lofwyr used as a target for darts
>a gnome on top of that container
>sam shoots the gnome, pieces everywhere, laughs at it
>they come back to the gnome container, there is only 10 gnomes inside, sam shoots at one, leaves a fly spy and close the door and resume
>an active Ouija board
>a 10-feet pole able to feel danger
>they go back to the journalist, there's a gnome on his desk but he doesn't seem to care
>a giant oyster
>a violent hobo
>a power chord plugged on itself with the words "infinite power"
>more gnomes everywhere, but now I ask them perception checks for them
>also the sam's drone didn't record movement, but the gnomes are all watching it now, and the broken gnome is whole again
>jars with screams inside
>decide to open one last container
>there is a drake restrained inside
>apparently from S-K
>razorboy decides to help him
>it flies away
>gnome was watching the scene
>tower phone rings
>sam runs to it, but can't catch the phone in time
>there's a gnome in the lap of the dead guy
>he discharges his Enfield on it, leaving a mess
>the gang they took control a bit before arrives, everyone loads trucks with some of the shit they found while the players shoot maniacally at gnomes
>>
>>49597452
>a few sessions later they have to find a hidden facility
>don't have enough contacts
>decker botches his rolls
>don't notice evidences on a map
>fail to interrogate people
>they find one of the fortune cookies that are supposedly in their basement in the mud of a refugee camp
>there's also a gnome on top of a shack
>GPS coordinates
>medic says "thank you"
>they go back to their car
>sam sits on the driver seat
>crushes a cookie
>message says "you're welcome ;)"

I still have 0 idea about what to do with this dragon (and the gnomes). I actually only added it to the campaign because some anon here told me to.
>>
File: 1432768430387.jpg (89KB, 463x800px)
1432768430387.jpg
89KB, 463x800px
I'm reading through 4e, and the thing that strikes me is how similar the hacking rules are to Eclipse Phase. Is this because the two games share some of the same writers?
>>
>>49597662
If I recall, Eclisp Phase was originally designed as a "what if the horrors from the 4th world (earth dawn) came back in the 6th(Shadowrun) or 8th world and meta humanity decided to fuck off rather than deal with it.

I never played or read through the book so I don't know shit about the setting other than that.
>>
Would it be possible to make an AI character whose home device was a Direktionssekretar? Because I'm trying to make heads or tails of the AI character rules, and it reads as if it's doable but the rules for making an AI character are not the easiest thing to make sense of.
>>
File: Erato.jpg (801KB, 1600x967px) Image search: [Google]
Erato.jpg
801KB, 1600x967px
>>49597777
Huh. Neat. May want to run that as a hybrid.
>>
>>49596589
Nice work
>>
I have been thinking of running a Greco-Roman Shaman as my next character, but the problem rises as Shadowrun doesn't explain much how Hellenic mages or shamans work or how they worship gods.
I do know that Oracle of Delphi is back at work, but not much after that.

Also how would you go with Taxi Driver being a contact as GM?
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m082kh360lkbnw1/Shadowrun+Anarchy.pdf

enjoy faggots
>>
>>49598285
Already got posted senpai-i-lam
>>
Updated version, because I didn't do the Skill boxes right. Whoops.

Either way, here you go.
>>
Since our group is still kinda new to shadowrun I dont want to bog the GM and the group down any more than necessary, but I still want to make a rigger. So instead of getting an army of drones I figure, why not go the wheelman route.

Anyone play a vehicle rigger before? Seems like I would just build a street sam with high as fuck reaction and pick a sweet ride for him right?
>>
>>49597802

Yes, but anthroform drone AI riggers are one of the most complicated and rules-ambiguous things you can do as PC in SR5
>>
>>49599019

From what I'm reading, the AI part is the hardest bit.
>>
>>49598980
No, riggers are still pretty resource-intensive. You'll need Logic and Willpower to do shit effectively, and loads of dosh for your gear. Doesn't mesh well with a sammy. And even as a vehicle rigger, you'll still want/need multiple vehicles, even if it's just the battle wagon and a normal-looking getaway car as a backup.
>>
>>49599037

Ah okay. I'll save some cash by not having an RCC but even if I go vehicle should I pick up a surveillance drone to act as eyes in the sky? Having one or two shouldnt be a problem, just not 50 rotodrones playing ride of the valkyries.
>>
>>49599032

It's certainly not easy. The Pilot Origins quality is the way to go, from what I hear.
>>
>>49599062
Yeah, drones are great for filling utility roles if you get decent software for various types of crafting/medicine.
>>
>>49593839
No, I actually don't. It will be an elective amputation because knees can't be replaced continuously.
>>
>>49599078

No I mean the AI character rules are almost impossible to parse.
>>
>>49598980
>Anyone play a vehicle rigger before?
Yeah.

You need a Control Rig - rating 2 is perfect for most purposes.

Then you need Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes - when they're wireless enabled, they can stack to up to +6 Reaction, though at chargen it's probably going to be more like RE 3 and WR 1.

Minmax your Gunnery and Pilot: Groundcraft. Maybe invest in Electronic Warfare to make good use out of your car's sensor suite.

Buy a good, fast car with enough seating. Upgrade the shit out of it, especially with things like a sniper rifle so it can remain remotely useful when you're forced to enter buildings.

If you have money left, buy an RCC for the biofeedback-reducing Firewall and cyberdeck programs, give it a Multidimensional Coprocessor for better jumped-in Initiative, and pick up some autosofts so that you can tag-team with your car.

If you also have good meat stats, a good gun, and some good armor, you can also be a halfway decent street samurai, with a tricked out escape vehicle/overwatch drone.

And that's basically it. It's pretty simple.
>>
>>49599678
>using your car as a sniper

I never thought of that..what sniper do you suggest? something like a crockett so its more adaptable or something...bigger.
>>
>>49599120
Take Pilot Origins (Ground) at least once. The AI while jumped into the drone now operates just like a rigger jumped into the drone, except:
- Use Depth in place of Pilot. A drone's Device Rating is equal to its Pilot, and its Data Processing and Firewall are equal to its Device Rating while its program slots are half its Device Rating. So, Device Rating, Data Processing, and Firewall are all = Depth; program slots are 1/2 Depth. (This also means you will always only use one autosoft slot because your Depth will never be higher than its Device Rating.)
- Optimizing gives a +1 to one vehicle stat and +1 program slot (net +/- 0 because you take one up). Just don't put it in Pilot because of the above.
- If destroyed or bricked, the AI is disrupted. Enemy deckers aren't just able to dump you, they can kill you if you don't have a solid way to deal with matrix threats (at least good firewall and a friendly decker).
- You can use autosofts in place of skills. Weapon skills aren't as necessary because you use Gunnery for /every/ ranged weapon, but it's neat to be able to just slot in one for First Aid when needed. Smartsoft is recommended for smartlink weapons. Just remember your limit of ESS+DEP programs known.
- AI advanced autosofts are pretty shit. Don't expect much from them.
>>
>>49599775
You want as much damage/AP as possible for disabling other vehicles and for piercing through solid walls to hit ARO-marked targets. The Remington 950 for those on a budget, the Ares Desert Strike for those with money to spare, or the Ranger Arms SM-5 for those willing to wait until post-chargen. The ability to fire an APDS round from a suppressed sniper rifle into a pursuing car's engine block is basically the best thing ever.

Also, remember that your car has a Sensor Suite. Even if your car is outside, a smart purchase of sensor options can let you use it as a surveillance station, feeding you intel through AR to give you a really good heads up of the environments you're moving through.

Having your car play both spotter and sniper for the actual infiltrating team is more or less the best possible things for your car to be doing, rather than sitting completely idle until it's time for the actual getaway.
>>
So o get the unwitting task of trying to do my own campaign. How do I gm a shadowrun campaign effectively so everyone has their use?
>>
>>49600033
Everything happens in parallel
>>
Why can't you fit a rigger cocoon and the walker modification onto a motorcycle? There's no bike with a Body high enough to pull it off.
>>
>>49600045
For some reason Shadowrun has an unwritten "NO MECHA" rule.

That said it's perfectly doable in 4e.
>>
>>49599779

See that all makes sense, but I'm trying to figure out how to actually make an AI character in the 1st place, not to mention all the stuff about emulation and essence loss on the grids and restoration and realignment and... yeah.
>>
>>49600082

Damnit. I'd do it with a car but I'd have a hard time justifying fitting a car sized mecha into most buildings.

Speaking of which, Yekka for some reason Chummer won't let you put melee weapons into light weapon mounts for vehicles.
>>
>>49600045
>Why can't you fit a rigger cocoon and the walker modification onto a motorcycle?
BMW Blitzkrieg, chummer. Enjoy.
>>
>>49600230

Would it be worth getting Restricted Gear for it though?
>>
>>49600296
Do you want a motorcycle-sized walker that comes complete with both forward- and rear-facing heavy weapon mounts directly out of chargen?

If yes, then yes.

If no, then no.

That's the only way you're getting it; whether it's worth it depends on whether you really want it.
>>
>>49599104
So, you've got plenty of time to design some bitchin' cool robot legs and become a cyborg super-villain?
>>
>>49600320

Fair point. Could you remove/repurpose/modify the heavy weapon mounts though? Because I'd really like them to be flexible so that I can justify putting a sword in one and some kind of machine gun in the other, and by default they're not. Also, external visibility is going to be an utter bitch in the long run because police.
>>
>>49600397
>Could you remove/repurpose/modify the heavy weapon mounts though?
No.

You could attach new weapon mounts, though. Integral mods don't take up mod slots.
>>
>>49600397
>Also, external visibility is going to be an utter bitch in the long run because police.
They're built in to the bike, and the bike is just Restricted. You'll draw attention, but it's street legal. You can also leave them empty, if you prefer.
>>
>>49600442
>Restricted
>in the long run
Lad, eventually someone's going to notice your license is fake.
>>
>>49600475
>Lad, eventually someone's going to notice your license is fake.
Statistically speaking, no, nobody's ever going to notice that a Rating 4+ License is fake.
>>
Quick I need a name for an Irish runner that isnt Leprechaun.
>>
>>49600513
Cluracan.
>>
>>49600513
Shillelagh, great for a street samurai or other beat-stick type.
>>
>>49600513
Clover.
>>
>>49600504
prooooooooooooooofs?????????????????/

>>49600513
paddy
mick
paddy the mick
mick the paddy
paddy mcmick
mick mcpaddy
>>
>>49600513
Lucky.
>>
>>49600513
Gallagher
>>
File: death is not amused.jpg (133KB, 547x330px) Image search: [Google]
death is not amused.jpg
133KB, 547x330px
>>49600520

You think this is a fucking game chummer?
>>
>>49600551
Well, yeah.
>>
>>49600567

...Okay fair point.
>>
>>49600513
No Hat
>>
File: 1387006250436.jpg (349KB, 986x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1387006250436.jpg
349KB, 986x1400px
>>49598881
Mad props to you Anon.
Rep Score +1 (Positive)
>>
>>49600532
In order for a Rating 4+ fake SIN/License to get burned, a scanner needs to get 5+ hits on its check. That's not even mathematically possible until rating 3+ - and Rating 3 is the absolute peak of what you should ever expect to find outside of an absurdly secure facility, because Rating 4+ involves taking detailed biometric readings and even samples from the person being checked against the SIN.

The majority of police SIN scanners will be Rating 2 - and therefore capable of coming up with an Inconclusive at absolute worst - and the majority of non-police scanners will just be Rating 1, simply checking to see whether or not you even have a SIN at all.

Unless you're getting booked at an actual police station or trying to pass through a secure corporate checkpoint, the type of scanner checking you is literally incapable of burning a Rating 4+ SIN.
>>
>>49600656
Rating 4+ is found in A-zone security and higher, iirc.
>>
>>49600656
>>49600720
If we accept this as a reasonable guideline, even C-zone security could sometimes theoretically burn your SIN.

http://basement-shadowrun.obsidianportal.com/wikis/security-ratings
>>
>>49600755
Probably shouldn't, because it says "average" is 3 when the book says that's 2.
>>
>>49600904
Okay, so lower all those numbers by 1 and we still have AAA and AA zone security who can burn your SIN.
>>
>>49600952
That other anon was saying that places like those are the only ones that would be burnin' your SIN anyway. So i guess you just proved them correct?
>>
>>49600102
http://pastebin.com/u7tb2gad
It's disorganized and shittily formatted, but I got everything relevant I could think of into a list instead of buried in CGL's writing.
>>
Is Alchemy really as bad as everyone says? I just had a player reroll and he wants his character to be an Alchemically focused face/mage, specifically blasting spells out of Alchemically enhanced bullets, and I ok'd this. It's my first time running Shadowrun, so I didn't know it was possibly so shitty.
>>
>>49601250
You can't enchant bullets
>>
>>49601250
The fact that bullets don't work as preps in RAW helps its shittiness. Arrows and bolts work though.
You take 1 minute per force to cast a spell, but instead of going off right away, it has a trigger. It also has a potency, determined by an Alch+MAG [Force] v. Force test. Potency stays at full for Potency x2 hours; every hour after reduces it by 1. At 0, it stops being magical.
When the spell goes off, it uses Potency in place of Spellcasting to roll and Force in place of MAG. To be clear, that means you have to ROLL to determine what your casting skill will be, and that roll is OPPOSED. You can compensate by using a high Force, but have fun with Drain that way. A mage using high Force only takes the penalty of Drain after casting; your alchemist gets to deal with it for the whole run if they haven't slept it off. And if they have, they've probably lost most or all of the Potency.
>>
>>49601315
One of the books mentioned enchanting empty cartridges to load in manual load guns like revolvers or shotguns and using the command trigger when they're up next in your gun, and that's what we were going off of.

>>49601323
Shit, I hadn't thought about how the Drain would continue to stay with him for so long. I also didn't remember that the spell going off at the end had a different roll. He's already made his character, and it took way to long for me to fell good to ask him to do it again with another new concept, is there any way to make the concept not shit?
>>
>>49601250
You want to know how bad alchemy is in 5e?

I want you to imagine that you have been strapped to a table and a grossly overweight, hairy Russian man is squatting above you, grunting and basturbating as he begins farting and sending little flecks of shit into your face along with curly little pubic ass hairs. His breathing gets heavier and the grunts louder as dairrhea sprays into your eyes, and by the time he cums, you begin to wish that you had drowned a long, long time ago. The smell has invaded your sinuses and garrisoned in your lungs. Your manic thrashing to be free finally breaks the straps, and finally, you rise from the table, only for your head to be encapsulated in the Russian man's unnaturally loose, flexible rectum. His anus clenches as he begins his second jerkoff, and the pressure grows with enough force that your skull is slowly pulped. The stench becomes your entire universe as your eyes and eardrum pop, and the last shreds of your consciousness fade as your gray matter puddles in a weeping fistula inside his colon.

Alchemy has nothing to do with any of that, but it's still pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>49600656
>the majority of non-police scanners will just be Rating 1
That's just checking whether a SIN is present. You'd receive a "do you have a SIN?" check just going somewhere that gives no shits, but wants to appear legit. Anywhere less than middle class, but conscientious of fake SINs would be rating 2, while standard security SIN checks should line up with security device ratings - 3.

Biometric checks are nothing major in the sixth world, either - you can get biometric readers for fingerprints, retina scans, voice patterns, tongue prints, etc (anything but a full DNA scan) for 200¥ (blackmarket prices) per scan type.

Run Faster's Neighbourhood rating - 1 creates a functional guideline for SIN checks. (though I'm inclined to use the ratings directly)

That gives;

0/Z & E: Low-rent/industrial districts mostly filled with SINless squatters and the homeless, plus the lawless areas deep in the heart of many barrens.

>1/D: Run-down business districts, forgotten tenements, landfills, freeway junctions, old cemeteries, and large parking lots.

>2/C: Low-rent residences, storage facilities, small bodegas, etc.

>3/B: Middle class, along with the commercial places they use and the occasional light industrial facility.

4/A: High-class residences and corporate buildings.

5/AA: Luxury-class residences and posh commercial places. If you ask the price, you can’t afford to live here.

6/AAA: Corporate headquarters. Skyraker condos. Occasional private islands. This is where the world’s wealthiest pay to make sure they’re kept safe.
>>
>>49600522
Stealing this.
>>
>>49601367
By the way, I forgot that you can't just turn regular spells into preps, you need to learn a separate copy of a spell that can only be used for preps. Anyways,

Hard Targets 192 has the Recharge Potency spell: Drain F+1; MAG+Spellcasting vs. original prep Force test; hits restore 1 Potency up to original Potency -1. Cannot be cast on a prep more than once.
Give him some leeway with getting something like that even if he's an aspected.

When creating a prep, you can use reagents to set the limit for your creating test instead of Force (equal to drams spent). Limits aren't really useful to bump unless they're really low, but it means you can make low-Force, low-Drain preps and still get okay Potency on them for low-power spell use.
Costs money in the form of drams of reagents, but Alchemy is the skill you use to gather those, so maybe be nice about letting him collect some for magical ammo.
>>
If you learn a spell for alchemy, does that mean you can't cast it?
>>
>>49601619

Yep. Enjoy the suck.
>>
>>49601619
Ayup.
>>
I have 20k nuyen left over for a mage. Assume I've already bought all the necessary gear for my starting build, what do I do with the rest of the dosh? What fun shit should I buy?
>>
>>49602081
Foci if you've got some karma left over, reagents for binding if not. Make sure to get earbuds and contacts for sound and image linking, maybe get magical lodge materials in advance instead of needing to set one up ingame. That's all I can think of.
... a suit might come in handy though.
>>
>>49602113
I got the Ace of Coins for a suit. Do mirrorshades work for contacts?
>>
>>49601625
>>49601634
That just makes alchemy even worse than I thought
>>
>>49602132
They're more obvious, but also more cool.
>>
>>49602142
See >>49601396
>>
File: Terrifying.gif (3MB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
Terrifying.gif
3MB, 500x434px
>>49601396
>>
is 5e 2050 translated already?
>>
>>49601396

I've gone through a similar situation before and personally I would choose to just play a shadowrunner who uses alchemy...

No accounting for taste though, I guess.
>>
File: 1416807863457.jpg (349KB, 1033x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1416807863457.jpg
349KB, 1033x1026px
>>49601396

>Alchemy has nothing to do with any of that, but it's still pretty fucking bad.
Holy shit that's the hardest I've laughed all week, thanks anon.
>>
>>49602410
Glad my shitpost brightened someone's day.
>>
>>49602341
Only in German, afaik.
>>
>>49601003
Other person here, I'm reading through this, and... how does an AI actually get a Sleaze modifier?

Also, how the hell do you actually allow an AI to take shit like Gunnery in Chummer at all? Can you ONLY get it as an autosoft?
>>
>>49602571
Gotta' get Sleaze from a device.

As for literally any skill based on a physical attribute: you can't. Chummer doesn't let them put points into it, but I'm really not sure why. I've read and re-read the AI rules a lot and the only thing on skill selections I can find is
>Obviously, the lack of a body limits the usefulness of a number of Active Skills to AIs. An AI may still learn these skills at the normal cost for use when remotely controlling devices.
>>
>>49602607
Alright, so, until Yekka fixes that, you're limited to Autosofts on Chummer.

Are Autosofts capped at R6, or am I missing something?
>>
File: kyaaa2.jpg (2KB, 102x125px) Image search: [Google]
kyaaa2.jpg
2KB, 102x125px
>>49598881
thanks chummer!
>>
>>49602621
Autosofts are capped at R6.
Yes, this means that unless your GM houserules your AI can write their own autosofts at a higher rating, every advanced autosoft becomes useless if your AI gets 7+ Depth.
It's not much of a stretch though. After all, it's not like the rules for AIs writing their own autosofts address the fact that 'softs have ratings at all in the first place.
Such is CGL.
>>
>>49602639
Is it time to start screaming? It feels like it's time to start screaming.
>>
>>49602607
Alright, so how do you actually get Sleaze from a device, if you're forced to do it that way? Does this mean that an AI Rigger is forced to get Pilot Origin, a Deck, an RCC, Drones, all the augments for their drones, AND all the other shit?
>>
>>49602781
You make a cyberdeck/device with sleaze your home.
>>
>>49602781
My recommendation would be to grab Virtual Stability and Designer, and get some modifications (DT 66) for your home device.
Add Sleaze to it, modify to get -1 Data Processing (you get a +1 from Designer) and +1 Sleaze.
Hardwire in a Vectored Signal Filter, run Virtual Machine, run Smoke-and-Mirrors in the net +1 program slot. (Alternatively hardwire in a Program Module for Virtual Machine and run Smoke-and-Mirrors + Signal Scrubber.)
Doing that you've got 6 Sleaze with +/- 0 noise and net 0 program slots taken up.
>>
>>49602826
Can you actually do that for a vehicle, if you're an AI Rigger?
>>
So an RCC can do whatever a commlink does, plus all the drone stuff. Its the size of a briefcase and it seems stupid to drag it along everywhere you want to go.

Should I buy a cheap ass commlink to call people on and shit?
>>
File: SR5 p.269.png (143KB, 382x358px) Image search: [Google]
SR5 p.269.png
143KB, 382x358px
>>49603000
Vehicles are devices with Device Ratings equal to their Pilot unless otherwise specified, so yup, you can.
... But I just noticed that devices are supposed to only be able to fit one modification, so to revise that: just add Sleaze, run VM+SaM+SS. 5 sleaze, +/- 0 noise, net 1 program slot used. Not as good but still workable.
>>
>>49603056
If you DON'T do that, then can you even use Gunnery? Like, I'm sorry, but it just seems fucking downright WEIRD that you have to do this weird fuckery to use normal gunnery with a vehicle as an AI.
>>
>>49603038
Would be useful as a backup if you're ever separated from your RCC (hopefully never). RCCs are all Restricted though, so could happen.

>>49603076
You're supposed to be able to put points into Gunnery, and I'd imagine you're supposed to be able to use LOG+Gunnery to fire while jumped in, unless you don't consider operating it from a remote position to be "remotely operating" it. At the absolute minimum, the rules on SR5 p.184 for sensor targeting let you use LOG when passively targeting.
>>
>>49603128
Wait a minute. Relatedly to this, if you have a High Depth, and you're using a vehicle as your Home Node, and that vehicle has a Rigger Interface, does it count as having the Device Rating=Depth like a drone, or what?

Because if it does, doesn't that just... add ANOTHER way for it to assfuck you by forcing you to pay a huge Lifestyle cost?
>>
>>49603148
/Technically/ it only has a high device rating as long as you're jumped into it.

... but I'd estimate that if you're looking to benefit off the DR=DEP, then yeah, pretty much get ready for a fucking. AIs need a lot of build optimization to compete with meatbags.
>>
>>49603176
Son of a bitch.

Alright, how the fuck do you actually make a decent AI rigger, then? Because between ONE HUNDRED AND FUCKING EIGHTY KARMA cost for them, hurr durr lifestyle forced costs, being forced to take Piloting Origins and eat quality points just to even really BE a rigger, if you ever get hit bad you permanently lose essence and forever lose programs, and a bunch of other shit, I'm just... Goddamnit, man.

I just want to be a fucking Tachikoma. Is that really supposed to be this hard? Is there an easier way to do it?

Should I just wait and build a Technomancer, and never leave my vehicle body?
>>
>>49599678

Can RCC's even take modules? I remember reading that they cant take dongles, so why modules?
>>
>>49603243
Because you can hardwire modules into devices that weren't meant to have them (everything not a deck).
>>
>>49603252

Oooh okay.
>>
>>49603204
Pilot Origins 2 to start with. Riggers jumped in with hotsim only get a +1 to matrix actions, so I'll assume that instead of the standard +2. Since vehicle actions are treated as matrix actions while jumped in you've got a +3 to gunnery and pilot whatever there.
DEP should be as high as possible despite the lifestyle costs imo; ramping up your Device Rating means you have more program slots for autosofts and a higher Firewall to resist matrix damage with.
Take advantage of the benefits of being a vehicle. Your speed is fucking absurd compared to a meatbag without even trying, you can slot in autosofts for practically free skills, you ignore Stun damage (including any Physical DVs that don't break your effective Armor), and you've got sensors to target with. Simple action INT+Perception (or INT+Clearsight) against Stealth+AGI (or Pilot+Stealth autosoft for non-meatbags) and you take away net hits from the target's defence pool on your attacks as long as you keep the lock.
Get a Smartsoft and make sure your guns are Smartlinked so you get another +2 dp for firing them.
Lifestyle costs are something you're just going to have to bear with. Maybe off-and-on them between months to halve the cost and only ever get Gremlins 1, but that might be too much cheese.
>>
>>49603204
>>49603338
You may want to consider the Shunt advanced program in case of emergencies, since it lets you take Core damage in the case of a near-bricked Matrix monitor.
Also in the part about sensors is the type. They've got a rating equal to your sensor rating, so be sure to exploit the fuck out of that. A high Sensor stat to fit in plenty of enhancements on your cameras/microphones/whatever can make tricked-out cybereyes and cyberears look like a joke.
In truth you end up more like an AI street sam than an AI rigger by picking a vehicle rather than an RCC as your home device, but it's still fairly doable.
>>
>>49603368
As long as I can be either a Tachikoma tank based on a reconfigured dumptruck, or be a wall-crawling motorcycle that breaks the soundbarrier, I'm a happy person.
>>
>>49603388
There are a /lot/ of options for those, so the most helpful thing I can say is: Rigger 5.0 is your friend.
>>
File: tumblr_ocxqekhpiI1vdixnwo3_1280.jpg (215KB, 1280x815px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocxqekhpiI1vdixnwo3_1280.jpg
215KB, 1280x815px
>>49602607
Woops. Problem is based on a shortcut we use to determine whether you can increase magical skills. Generally we assume that attribute 0 == no skills. I should be able to have it fixed shortly.
>>
>>49603458
Please see
>>49592233
>>49594638
>>49594660
>>49602621
>>
>>49592233
Mm, code was never set up for that. Probably needs to be a global option, but that can be a future problem. Fixed in the next build.
>>49594638
Works fine for me with an adept that has more than one point of MAG, can't see any other issues. Details?
>>49602621
If there's a rules reference that AIs can create their own autosofts or whatever that's fixable easily enough, otherwise you'd have to make a custom item that allows it.
>>
>>49603552
On the last one, that was more about AIs being limited to Autosofts until the Skills thing was fixed.

I'll redo a sheet with the magic thing and see how it comes out.

Well, apparently that was just a fuckup on my end, for the Cat thing.

Also, on the Knucks thing, I... thiiiink the same thing ought to apply to Plasteel Toe Boots? They're just a variant of Knucks, so it seems like it?
>>
I'm making my first rigger and want to make a guy that rides his bike whilst remotely controlling (or set to auto with a program) 3-4 others, kinda like drones people can ride. Being his own motorcycle gang.
Is this something I can do, what do I need to pull out off?
I've been scratching my head about it all night.
>>
File: 1405880661515.jpg (1MB, 1155x1980px) Image search: [Google]
1405880661515.jpg
1MB, 1155x1980px
>>49601404
The section on SIN scanners/SIN burning directs us to the chart on 234, where the listed device ratings go:
>2 - Residential security.
>3 - Corporate security.
>4 - Military security.
>5 - Black ops security.

You're likely to see Rating 2 anywhere outside of a corporate site, and with any kind of patrol cops.

Rating 3 at corporate security checkpoints and probably while being processed at an actual police precinct rather than out in the field.

Rating 4 at secure government/corporate facilities - the type of place where 'security clearance' starts being an active concern.

Rating 5 at secret, black ops, extremely high-end facilities.

Rating 1 would probably just be the sort of thing you find at any kind of store where you can pay in cash (certified credstick) rather than needing a credit check - they just check to see whether you have a SIN automatically before proceeding. Rating 6, on the other hand, would be unlikely to be found anywhere except bleeding edge facilities or security checkpoints designed to deal with meeting the President or a AAA CEO.

At least, according to the core book, and not whatever you're extrapolating from.

All of that means that, unless you're actually on a run, trying to get into some type of corporate facility or office, you're not likely to ever have a SIN or License burned as long as it's Rating 4. You'll get, at most, an Inconclusive reading when the cops pull you over, which is the sort of thing a 50 nuyen bribe can sort out nice and quick.

It's only when you go into locations that could be called 'secure' that it starts being in issue, and that still requires rolling 5 hits on 6 dice.
>>
>>49603038
A Rigger should have an expensive commlink to slave their 'ware to, actually. Then the RCC gets left in the trunk of your car, with all of your drones slaved to it.

You know, unless you want to actually protect your RCC from hackers, in which case you keep it on your person so that you get to add Willpower to its defenses.
>>
>>49603728
>Is this something I can do
For sure.

>what do I need to pull out off?
Four copies of the same bike and an RCC. You buy Rating 6 Autosofts for the model of bike and whatever type of gun you equip them with. Then you mod them up - armor, gecko tips, Pilot upgrades, weapon mounts, whatever the fuck.

And then you just slave them to the RCC so they get good autosoft ratings and command them verbally or through AR.
>>
>>49600513
>>49600532
Clover
Shamrock
Pot o' Bold
Shillelagh

You can also go deep into the mythological drawer and steal the name of some legendary weapon or figure. Fragarach for example.

Bonus points for driving the whole group crazy with strange pronunciations.
>>
File: tumblr_ocxqekhpiI1vdixnwo4_1280.jpg (208KB, 1280x702px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocxqekhpiI1vdixnwo4_1280.jpg
208KB, 1280x702px
>>49603622
Arguably it should probably apply to anything that uses Unarmed Combat as the linked skill, I suppose.
>>
>>49603918
Yeah, probably.

Would you have any idea when a new release with the stuff from today might be out?
>>
>>49603918
>Arguably it should probably apply to anything that uses Unarmed Combat as the linked skill, I suppose.
Including cyberweapons?
>>
A quick question about terminology. My ex hijacker turned runner has his old boss, an old bastard who organized crews to steal shipments for the syndicates, as a contact so our group can occasionally be street pirates. Would he be put under the Mr Johnson or Fixer category?
>>
>>49604134
Sounds very much like a Fixer if he's just organising hits on shipments to sell to whomever, and if they know roughly who he is. But does it actually matter? Do you have an OCD tendency to list your commcodes by contact class?
>>
>>49604410

...Yes. I actually have my contact list organized like that.

Dont judge me.
>>
Quick question for 4e
One of my players wants to make her own magical tradition to fit her character
Since I remember Christanon and the fact that he accidentally an overpowered spirit selection I want to ask you guys
Is this too OP?

>Drain WIL+INT

>Combat: Guardian
>Detection: Fire
>Health: Water
>Illusion: Air
>Manipulation: Guidance
>>
>>49604441
Will the player enjoy it?
If yes, proceed to Question 2.
Is the player a cunt?
If yes, stop. If no, then who gives a shit? It's magic. A baseline chargen mage can kill anyone with a Manabolt, with almost a 100% chance of success.
>>
>>49596608
It could be a commlink speciality, persona specialty, or what have you. The thing is it applies. (Also I messed up earlier, should have been brand loyalty I was talking about.)

As for the ten, my guess was either that the guy had the 'link wrong or that something was up with the stats.
>>
>>49604501
>It's magic
do YOU remember christanon?
Remember the reactions?
The fact that the spirits he chose were OP as hell?

>A baseline chargen mage can kill anyone with a Manabolt, with almost a 100% chance of success.
?
In this case (if the character even had manabolt)
MAG 3 + Spellcasting 4 = DP of 7 so usually 2 hits
maximum force for Stun drain is 3 so the damage is 3 + hits, so usually 6
it's resisted by WIL so with average WIL 3 they get 1 hit
Damage per attack is thus 5, enough to give them a CM of -1 but alerting them to the fact that a mage is there
>>
>>49604551
whoops, small change
MAXIMALLY 6 damage
usually 5
which means that with most people they need to cast it 3 times before they're
>>
I really enjoyed the shadowrun videogames. Im going through hongkong right now.

Theyve interested me enough that id like to try the pnp version. Ive never played a ttrpg before, can i get some advice? Obviously i think i should get a copy of the rulebook(s) and try to find a group but beyond that what? How does an actual game play out
>>
>>49604551
>Mag 3
Just boot them from the game, honestly.
>>
>>49604629
>Just boot them from the game
why?

maybe I gave not enough info about the character:

MysAd
3 Mag for magic, 3 Mag for adept powers
Spellcasting (Illusion) 4 (6)
Spells:
Detect Life
Increase Reflexes
Imp. Invisibility
Moon Maiden Mentor Spirit (+2 dice on Illusion spells, +2 dice on Negotiation Tests, -1 die for Combat Spells)
Adept Powers still need to be chosen due to wrong understanding of the Adept Way rules on their side
>>
>>49604755
Oh, and forgot
Spirits as said above
Summoning and Binding both at 2
>>
>>49604755
>>>MysAd
Yeah, just remove them. They're a bad player.
>>
>>49605077
>just remove them
and again
why?
>>
>>49605125
>>>>>>>>>>>>MysAd
>Splitting magic
>Only taking 4 ranks in Spellcasting
Yeah just boot them. MysAd is bad, and they'll actively drag your game down.
>>
>>49605192

You seem like a really fun guy to play with.
>>
>>49605192
So what would you advise them?
Put more into magic, being a mage with 1 or 2 adept powers?
Be more adept, meaning that all their spells (all three of them) will be shitty?
Or do you want them to optimize until they can level every run by themselves?

The player had intended the character as a support character, mostly buffing the team mates and providing counterspelling, using the adept powers for face stuff.
>>
>>49603552

Found a bug with weapon mounts on vehicles: you can't fit melee weapons into them despite the rules saying you can.
>>
File: SR_Manga1.jpg (170KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
SR_Manga1.jpg
170KB, 600x856px
So has anyone ever read the old Shadowrun manga from the 90's, and is it any good?
>>
>>49605329
Nope
Sure would love to, though
That and the Japanese books, too, those look rad
>>
>>49605276
You don't advise it, you remove it. If it's too stupid to learn on it's own, then it gets thrown in the trash where it belongs.
>>
>>49605329
is it just called shadowrun?
>>
>>49605347
Same. Plus I just am a general sucker for the 80's/90's art-style when it comes to anime and manga. From the mech aesthetics, to the way that demons and monsters were illustrated. That shit was my jam back in the day.
>>
>>49605385
As far as I can tell, yeah.
http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowrun_Manga
>>
>>49587747
pdf when?
>>
>>49604755
>>49605276
Yeah, 4e isn't friendly to MysAds.
What was the old Adept Power selection and what Way did they take? (4e's Way rules were fucking nutso as well, being tacked-on as a solo job)

Probably doesn't need much in Power Points - Kinesics is probably all they'd really be able to get mileage out of, and if your player doesn't take Astral Perception (really should, though, Assensing is a great way to get empirical reads on targets in an inconspicuous manner) they have a whole extra PP to spend.

MysAds are fucked on skill points being spread thin. Should likely give up conjuring at all, as that absolutely needs a monstrous dicepool to pull off safely, let alone optimally.
>>
>>49605451
read the thread
>>
File: 1405845719731.jpg (220KB, 600x1037px)
1405845719731.jpg
220KB, 600x1037px
I WANT TO BREED THE CHINESE ORK
>>
>>49605458
Thanks for the helpful post
The adept powers were chosen wrong since they apparently assumed they get a discounted power per point MAG instead of per 2 points
Current powers were:
Enthralling Performance (Artisan) usually 0.5 discounted to 0.375
Kinesics 1 usually 0.5 discounted to 0.375
Voice control usually 0.5 discounted to 0.375
Mystic Armor (I'm guessing we can scrap that) not discounted at 0.5
Enhanced Perception 1 usually 0.25 discounted to 0.1875
Improved Ability (Non-Combat) Artisan 1 usually 0.25 discounted to 0.1875
Astral Perception usually 1 discounted to 0.75

Artisan is at 3 with Spec Guitars
Assensing is at 1
>>
>>49605329
Well, as far as whether it's any good or not, I found this review: http://pl.shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowrun_Manga

tl;dr of the review is that it seems its primary wrinkles are that it's a bit heavier on the cyberware than typical SR of the time (but hey, it's Japan, so why the fuck not?) and that it's got your typical anime/manga moments of levity breaking things up (which, may or may not put you off if you're one of those 'my Shadowruns must be edgy and serious at all times' types).

Otherwise it seems that the plot is pretty basic in the first volume (protect a damsel / deal with corporate double-cross), the artstyle is 'okay' (can't judge for myself since I ain't seen any fucking pages so far beyond the cover art), and the characters are your standard archetypes for the most part.

At least, that's what this review says - still kind of want to see it for myself to make my own decisions.
>>
>>49605550
>Artisan (Guitars)
Oh gee, another wannabe rockerboi. I personally like taking one or two "vanity" actives, too, but they're really trying to ride five different horses with one ass on this one.

Speaker's Way would be the better choice for them, really.
>>
Can you get two F4 Qi Foci with Combat Sense to add to your Combat Sense pool?
>>
>>49605764
I assume that Adept Powers from Qi Foci still have to follow the rule that any one Adept Power's rating can't exceed your MAG rating.
>>
new fred when?
>>
>>49605917
When someone makes it. Feel free to do one yourself, remember to rewrite some of the lines about files.
>>
>>49605843
On the other hand, assuming that >>49605764 's character has magic that high it'd probably work.

It's not the biggest waste of karma I can see, but it's a pretty big one.
>>
>>49604134
Honestly, it's kind of neither, but it's closer to a Fixer than a Mr. Johnson. You rarely see the same Johnson twice, and rarely know who they personally are.
>>
>>49605939
A F4 foci only gives R2 Combat Sense, since it's .5pp per.
>>
>>49605764
>Can you get two F4 Qi Foci with Combat Sense to add to your Combat Sense pool?
I prefer to be lenient on interpretation of the rules, so I'd say that yes, you can double up Qi Foci like that.

That said:

1. You can only have a number of active foci equal to your Magic rating, so that's a super suboptimal thing to do.

2. Each Force of a Qi Focus only grants the equivalent of .25 PP, so you're looking at a total of +4 to your Combat Sense, in exchange for taking up two entire Focus slots.

3. I don't know how much Combat Sense you already have, but hopefully you're not blowing straight past your Magic with this, because you can only have a number of ranks in a power equal to your Magic score.

As long as you're good with all three of those items, I don't see any reason why it'd be a problem.
>>
>>49606022
I forgot to put in safely in my statements. Because unless you have magic 8, that makes the pair addictive, and while it's a low roll, it's also not one you want to be making anywhere more often than every three weeks.

And if you have any other foci, it's going to be more often than that.
>>
>>49596589
A lot of the dots (especially in Armor) are off-center.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.