[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite races in canon settings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 381154[1].jpg (612KB, 1800x1168px) Image search: [Google]
381154[1].jpg
612KB, 1800x1168px
What are your favorite races in canon settings?
>>
>>49601111
>uses pandaren image
Best race in WoW, honestly. They have some of the best story/lore that blizzard has made in a long time.They can be serious or light hearted without breaking any character or rules.

Anyone who says otherwise is a faggot and thinks it's just
>kung-fu panda
or
>furries
>>
>>49601244
Is it not just furries and kung-fu panda?
>>
>>49601258
its really not. Like a lot of their lore is tied in with the Old Gods, Titans, and general origins of the world of warcraft

I mean yeah sure it's kung-fu but the reason behind it is rad.
>>
>>49601258
They are honestly one of the best executed Asian melting pot races I have seen in a while. There is obvious inspiration for China and other races, but Blizzard also adds their own unique addition to the overall Asian aesthetic.
>>
>>49601258
I agree, anon, I think these guys are playing us for fools.
>>
>>49601258
>>49601311
Dont get me wrong, plenty of furfags have taken to pandas and have their big-tittied panda girls but they ruin everything.
>I'm looking at you space wolves
But if you go deeper than the blatant rationalization and explore the story and culture of pandaren, they're very well done.

An example being, their whole society is built around having inner harmony, otherwise you manifest Lovecraftian goop monsters that kill your family.
>>
>>49601368
I feel like there's a bit of an unfair double-standard there. I'm willing to believe you that the Pandaren have deep lore, but why must Space Wolves fans who just wanna be vikings suffer the accusations of furfaggotry they had no hand in, but the Pandaren - who ARE anthros - get a free pass?
>>
>>49601391
I'm not saying that space wolves are bad. I'm saying furries ruin everything.

I love space wolves and played one in a sort of free-formed w40k roleplay thing (because nobody knew how to look up a fucking system)
>>
>>49601391
>who just wanna be vikings suffer the accusations of furfaggotry they had no hand in
Because they play the furfag legion. Space Wolves haven't been space vikings for a long fucking time. Honestly the Minotaurs are actually culturally more akin to vikings than the Space Wolves are.
>Entirely fleet based
>Quickly strike with the overwhelming force of their entire chapter and leave
>Steal all kinds of shit from their defeated opponents
>Everyone hates them

As opposed to Space Wolves
>Live on the wolf world where people turn into wolves
>Their fleet isn't particularly notable
>Their fighting style is in no way akin to vikings except they use axes
>They are really nice guys and shit
>Only squares and the man hate them, everyone else loves them
>LOL they drink and eat a lot
>>
>>49601638
Well the Minotaurs are Greek-themed.

I wonder if this is what Ultramarine fans felt like during the Wardian days. The Ultramarines have a lot of potential in them to be the super-Roman, nicely ordered, glorious warriors faction, but they were (and still are recovering from) being turned into a bunch of Sues.

Now the Space Wolves have gone from being hero vikings who stick it to the man to wolfing the wolfish wolf wolves of wolf. The fans didn't write that lore. The fans still want vikings, but GW lore spat out this furry wolf bullshit.
>>
>>49601742

Anon as of late GW has a habit of taking a theme and ratcheting up to a fucking million.
>>
>>49601292

Too bad you could never have that set as a pandaren warrior.
>>
I really like undead forsaken and warcraft trolls.
>>
>>49601834
What? Yes you can.
>>
>>49601874

No if you wanted to transmog that set you never could.

That set has multiple leather pieces threaded through it. The helmet and the belt are both leather items.
>>
>>49601890
The belt is actually mail
But yeah it sucks
>>
>>49601848
Forsaken were cool before WoTLK.
Now Sylvanas as a character ruined them and the Horde.
>>
>>49602000
What did Sylvanas do?
>>
>>49602086
She turned into the Lich King 2.0 with some of the shit she's been doing with the Valkyr and the new homemade plague. There's some other stuff, but those are pretty big.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.