[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes an Abhuman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Ratling-Sniper.jpg (17KB, 291x347px) Image search: [Google]
Ratling-Sniper.jpg
17KB, 291x347px
Where exactly does the imperium of man draw the line between human and abhuman? after thousands of years I would imagine human phenotypes would drift further away from 21st century humans, What does the Imperium consider to be truly human?
>>
>>49588475

They have to be of human descent/origin but more importantly:

1. The mutation has to be stable so nothing like have random tentacles popping out everywhere

2. It can't have come from warp influence. Mutation can and is often a sign of corruption hence point 1 about it being stable otherwise it's not worth it to keep them around.
>>
>>49588475
Something closer to 21st century phenotypes. About 6 foot on average, average build, and what have you. Colours and shapes are probably a little looser.
>>
>>49588475
That was a big theme in the Horus Heresy books, a lot of worlds got purged due to unacceptable genetic drift.
>>
File: Felinid_Guard.jpg (131KB, 950x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Felinid_Guard.jpg
131KB, 950x1200px
An abhuman is a distinct sub-species of human, and the causes are either natural evolution or geneological modifications made to a population during the Dark Age of Technology. They are distinguished from mutants by the fact that mutation is usually caused at random by a variety of different factors and there aren't really any distinct mutant sub-species, or at least, not any large ones. Additionally, mutation is a symptom of warp exposure, whereas abhumans were not created with warp exposure.

For more info:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Abhuman
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Abhuman
>>
>>49588475
Abhumans are genetic outliers made to survive and work on certain conditions, they are human in that their genes are stable and not rampant with mutations but they are not the norm of humanity as they dont fit the criteria that they are similar to our perception of a normal human. So I guess to the Imperium a human is between a certain height/weight/proportion/strength/age span parameters and then I guess they could take account the type of planet the humans have been living on with Terra being the standard upon which all are measured while an abhuman is on the outliers of these criteria and their planets offer some sort 'problem' that these abhumans have adapted to.
>>
Would something like this be considered human? or abhuman?
>>
>>49588475
two ratlings = a ratling
two ogyren = ogyren
two mutants = some hideous new kind of mutant
>>
>>49588544
Correct. Abhumans are stable substrains of the human species. You can see this in their nomeclature, where abhumans will be labelled things like "Homo sapiens rotundus" or "Homo sapiens gigantus" (humans are Homo sapiens sapiens).

Other mutants, however, have no stability. One warp-tainted/pollution-spawned mutant with a tentacle for an arm will not necessarily give birth to a child with the exact same mutation - marking them as unstable and possibly subject to Chaotic influences.
>>
>>49588475

Heresy
>>
would 32 or 40mm hrud be considerd ratlings if some IG force could pressgang them. I'm thinking of putting rat heads on genestealers and casting clear resin cloaks with trash in them to make them look magical and hrud.
>>
>>49588475
>>What does the Imperium consider to be truly human?
Usually they consider those that are "useful" or "practcial" for the their goals.
>>
>>49588776
KAWAII!!!
>>
>>49588776
Well 50,000 years is roughly how long it took to split europeans from east asians. I'd say that 38,000 years probably wouldn't be long enough to get that without genetic engineering fuckery.
>>
>>49588475
Official administratum decree.
With the bureaucratic clusterfuck that is the administratum, you can easily imagine how bad it can be.

>Abhuman rating of Laxius VII population was pending for 237 years, and the planet was purged in the meantime. In the off chance that there is any survivor, please contact the sector capital to begin retroactive tithe payment.
>due to clerical error, Pelerin Secundus population was classified as Ogryns. Guardsmen were equipped with Ripper Guns and sent on frontal assaults, and the administratum refused the shipments of electronic components from the planets, since ogryns have subpar manufactoring abilities.
>>
>>49590906
>entire regiment of regular Guardsmen gets issued heavy weapons as their main weapons due to a clerical error

On the upside, since Ogryns are well-known for breaking their weapons due to stupidity, they'd have ready access to replacement weapons, and they'd likely be able to do some under-the-table trades with other regiments deployed nearby to get weapons that they can use without having to hunker down and brace them.

They'd probably make pretty good siege infantry, though. Having that many full-auto shotcannons and autocannons would make mincemeat of anyone who tries to assault their position once they're able to dig in.
>>
>>49590503

With strong selective pressures, this can happen incredibly fast.

>>49590458

This. The books have even said that within certain parameters like the mutations being stable, the definition is highly arbitrary and political.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.