[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/FLGS/ General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Facade-sign-closeup.jpg (399KB, 1296x968px) Image search: [Google]
Facade-sign-closeup.jpg
399KB, 1296x968px
So I was wondering if we could get a general going about Friendly local game stores? I just found out today mine is closing this sunday and the other one in town is a local piece of crap. Sad day for gamers here. How is everybody elses?
>>
Who here /inthemiddleofnowhere/?
>>
>>49577917
Right here. Nearest game store is 2 hours away. I last went there in May, and when the group I was with was coming back, it snowed.

I DID manage to get a deceleration in stone and some slip through spaces I needed for a storm deck, so the trip was worth it.
>>
>>49577917
I'm, I usually only go pre releases at a store that's 30km from me, it's a very nice store though, everyone is very friendly while maintaining a competitive tone as there's people who play at international GPs.
>>
Here's the exterior of mine, located in Issaquah, WA.
>>
And the interior. The staff, father and son, are extremely polite and well-humored and I haven't even heard of a negative experience about them. They keep the store meticulously clean and with no sweaty nerd smell hanging around. The MTG players are pretty casuals and most tryhards get knocked down a bit and almost everyone is friendly. Been going since they opened a couple of years ago, and I plan on being a regular for a few more years to come
>>
There are two in my area. One is usually very busy but full of magic players and pathfinder groups. It's pretty big, and can get noisy. They pander mostly to the mtg crowd and the rest of us organize our own events and sometimes get to give away store credit. They rarely have new stuff the day it's released (except mtg, obviously). When they do get my kind of stuff, it is often in insufficient amounts and you end up waiting for restocks to get more.

The other is more like a gamer den. A lot of magic, and a lot of TVs set up to play street fighter or whatever in big raucous groups. They recently bought a neighboring storefront and have been putting on war gaming and stuff in there. Some of the guys who run the shop bother to dabble in popular games in order to learn about them, but a lot of the staff are vidja bros who pull the cash register crank and know nothing. However, if something comes out on a Tuesday (or whatever) they fucking have it that day, and usually don't run out.
>>
>>49577917
Yup

I did recently visit a FLGS in a town about an hour away. Beats the FLGS in my hometown into the ground. Literally filled to the brim with cool shit. The worker was super helpful and cool when I told him this was my first time visiting. Was literally the first time I'd ever seen Mantic boxes and figures in person. Also, I nearly shit my pants when I saw they were selling boxed sets of Tunnels & Trolls 5th edition. I'd heard some rumors that the place smelt bad and was falling apart on google reviews, but the place was fine, other than behind the counter there was a hell of a mess.

Can't wait to go back and grab some board games and minis.
>>
>>49577917
I'm in milton keynes and the only form of traditional gaming i can find is travel chess sets and wargames, not a mtg pack or dnd book in this entire fucking city i swear
>>
File: gunshine-state.jpg (169KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
gunshine-state.jpg
169KB, 1600x1600px
>>49577864
JACKSONVILLE, right?

Shit I used to go to FLGS. Sad day my man. Why are they closing up?

Anyway, if the "other one" you're talking about is CoolStuffInc, it's not crap. It's just that they cater primarily to the Magic crowd and other games they can sell in booster sets. Not many people really show up for board games and RPGs, although they do host those.
>>
>>49577864
Central VA here

We have one good store that does pretty much everything, but ever since management changed and the fact that none of the employees actually play 40k, that's gone downhill for a while.
Used to be the best store in the area, bar none. Then the new owners started hiring magic players. I think they finally got some decent people working for them, though it took almost a year.
It's a big store, seating for nearly 100 in the main area, plus room for 6 6x4 tables (which are arbitrarily being used to display products?), another large table for a minatures game then all the product space. Other area holds 7 full 6x4 tables, would be 9 (god knows we need it) but there's some gamecube shit and tv's in place.
What's sad is we used to have a massive 40k community, complete with tournaments that required us renting space at the nearby bar. We still have over 40+ 40k players in the area, at least 20 of which are highly active and we gain new players all the time. WAAC players are shunned until they stop playing like dicks.

I've seen other stores, some make it, some fail. One thing to note is a FLGS that's run like a business is very hard to have fail. Don't run yours like a clubhouse. FLGS's can make money hand over fist if you work instead of playing, but there's always a little time to play anyway.
>>
>>49582273
OH SHIT, we go to the same store. What army do you play?
>>
>>49586788
I realized here I assumed you played 40k, but if you don't then I probably don't know you. Still a neat coincidence.
>>
>>49577864
So I'm working at the closest thing my city has to an FLGS. At least inside the city limits. Rising rent priced everybody else out ages ago. My guys bought the property they're in early enough to survive.

Also it's more of a comic shop because they don't really have the space for tables.

Still, it's fun helping new players pick dice and shit. Kinda wish I knew more about board and card games we carry so I could help people out with that better.
>>
i only have two near me. one is filled with tubro autist try hards and the other one never really has many people in it except for friday
>>
>>49586818
Different person than the one who originally posted the pic of the store, but I play Deldar and Krieg there. That probably makes me pretty obvious.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.