[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anthropomorphic Miniatures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1474714779346.png (211KB, 262x264px) Image search: [Google]
1474714779346.png
211KB, 262x264px
Been trying to find a good set of wolves, foxes, or other canines to use for a homebrew wargame in the works. So far, most results have been far too "werewolfy". Was hoping you guys could help me in my search for some decent scifi canines.
>>
>>49577183

Might find a few things here:
http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/visions-in-fantasy-critters.html
>>
>>49577183

Search for Vargr, the uplifted canine guys from Traveller. Grenadier used to make minis for them back in the 80s, and various other companies have made minis for them since then.
>>
>>49577674
Vargr are awesome, seconding this suggestion
>>
>>49577674
Funny thing is, the Vargr were originally my inspiration for the faction in our homebrew. I just didn't think anybody made miniatures for them anymore.
>>
>>49577183
All I have is fantasy, anon. Sorry. Maybe you can stick guns in a few of their hands.

Reaper makes a few that you've probably seen. Splintered Light makes a line of them, but they're 15 mm if I remember correctly - so they wont fit in with your other guys.
Currently, I think the best furry fucker miniatures are the ones made by Oathsworn Miniatures for their Burrows and badgers line.
http://www.oathswornminiatures.co.uk/c/4555401/1/miniatures.html
A lot of them have the same alt armies/mousling look that plagues anthro miniatures, but a few look like deviantart anthros and a good amount of them look redwall as fuck.

There was a company called Black Orc Games once upon a time that sold african looking lion-folk, but they've been gone for a couple years now. You can probably scrounge a few up on ebay or other similar sites still.

Alkemy makes some fancy cat dudes in their Khaliman Republic line. Crocodile Games has some cat/jackal guys in their Wargods egypt faction.

Know its not what you're looking for, but I hope it helps.
>>
>>49577674
Problem is, any official Vargr minis (inc. Grenadier, Ral Partha, etc) are gonna look tiny next to modern minis because muh scale creep. They were all made back in the '80s.

Can't wait for 3d scanners and printers to git gud enough to scan existing minis, then print them out in a slightly larger (or smaller) size.
>>
Related question. Is there a market for furry minis? Because that seems like some sweet untapped dosh right there.
>>
File: Wul'Vin.jpg (136KB, 680x505px) Image search: [Google]
Wul'Vin.jpg
136KB, 680x505px
>>49578738
Damn. Brightside, one of my friend might be interested in some of the Oathsworn stuff.

It's really too bad this guys kickstarter didn't take off. These models would have almost been perfect for what I was planning for my faction.
>>
>>49578870

Perhaps, but it seems more geared towards artwork and crossovers, and more related to RPGs than wargames. You could sell RPG minis, but people are pretty into their own characters or waifus, so you'd get more by making commissions. But considering the amount of work that goes into a single mini, commissions would be pretty damn expensive and would probably turn off most potential customers.

RPGs are easier because the amount of work that can go into a furry character portrait or image is less than that of a singular miniature of similar visual quality. And they allow for more interaction between characters, which is what they want. Mass-producing miniatures would be more in line with skirmish or wargames, and those tend towards violence than roleplaying as a resolution mechanic.

Basically, it's too tangential to furry interests, and even where it direct overlaps there's conditions and barriers that keep it from being more commonplace. People who sell to furries have explored a whole lot of avenues already, and even a passing glance at the issues associated with furry miniatures shows that not everyone has or is willing to sink the resources into it in order to tap that dosh when there's other more profitable markets for those skills or easier ways to get furry money.
>>
>>49578894
Fuck, I want those minis so bad
>>
>>49578894
Know of any similar miniatures?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.