[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

File: NWR01.jpg (219KB, 668x351px) Image search: [Google]
NWR01.jpg
219KB, 668x351px
I'm going to ST a Miami 1980s Vampire the Masquerade game. It's going to be short campaign about drugs, AIDS and Sabbat. Got any ideas? Character ideas? Maybe some hooks? The players voted for "Domain" (so they want their own turf, defend it, manage it and stuff), "Horror and Secrets" (serial murderers, abandoned buildings, grave atmosphere) and "Sabbat" (so it's going to get bloody on their Camshit hands).
>>
File: Fernando_Martinez.png (1MB, 1451x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Fernando_Martinez.png
1MB, 1451x1800px
I already have Fernando Martinez (yeah, the one from GTA VC) as Malkavian radio host, a former Slave Owner Prince, a Catholic anti-drugs Tremere Regent and Setite + Sabbat cocaine dealers.
>>
Crazy drug addled psychopathic possibly animalistic killer ala hotline miami?

Chicken Strips, it's a bar, stripper joint and deep fried wings all in one.

Vice Cops are mandatory, whether they're thralls or wahtever (I don't play VTM I don't know how the shit it works but you know what I mean.)

Yachts or a Yacht is also mandatory.

Cocaine and cocaine dealers, maybe people are getting hot dosed for some nefarious purpose.
>>
File: Boat-Cruise.jpg (152KB, 641x300px) Image search: [Google]
Boat-Cruise.jpg
152KB, 641x300px
>>49576341
>Crazy drug addled psychopathic possibly animalistic killer ala hotline miami?

Sounds good.

>Chicken Strips, it's a bar, stripper joint and deep fried wings all in one.

Now to give it to some vampire.

>Vice Cops are mandatory, whether they're thralls or wahtever (I don't play VTM I don't know how the shit it works but you know what I mean.)

Sure thing. Also corruption here and there.

>Yachts or a Yacht is also mandatory

You mean assaults on Yachts, where the Prince has his meetings with the Primogen? Why, yes.

>Cocaine and cocaine dealers, maybe people are getting hot dosed for some nefarious purpose.

Some problems with their Domain. Sure.

Thanks for the ideas.
>>
File: vice-city-hot-girl-car.jpg (344KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
vice-city-hot-girl-car.jpg
344KB, 1280x960px
Miami in the 80s is THE cocaine hub. Planes and boats sneak up the Caribbean and bring crazy powder for bushels of cash. Everyone is getting high, everyone is selling it, everyone is getting rich, having insane parties, and dreaming big.

At the same time it is a cultural forge, confronting hillbillies with Cubans, stock brokers with drug kingpins, and prom queens with gay sex workers.

Then there's the iconology. European roadsters, beachside vanity developments, speedboats, jetskis, bikinis, white suits, and gold chains. At the same time all that affluence is nouveau riche and pathetic in its attempts at grandeur, desperate for validation. And in the 80s that means deals and contacts. The suitcase of bills for a truckload of coke to Massachusetts can make and aging beach boy feels posh enough to get through a week of dealing with Hispanic accents and low lives, with inflated ego intact enough to entertain bimbos with champagne and yachting all weekend.

Obvious spheres of influence include money managers, the club scene, the gay scene, cuban ghettos, organized crime, politicians and cops, white power bikers, working civilians, and maybe a shipping business? For a domain game these should overlap and create tensions for the players to navigate.

To get hooks a simple way is to take two groups, have them both go for a power play or big deal, and have those two plans be mutually exclusive. Then polarize the other factions along that line. Pick individual NPCs from each and list what they know about it, what that makes them want to do, what is in their way, and how the players might discover and leverage that.

To make it Horror and Secrets just use an investigative format. Use clues as rewards and plot rail but make sure the players make the relevant decisions. Frame success and failure so that it doesn't impede progress but enables preparedness (not 'you don't find the clue' but 'you find the clue but don't understand the hidden Chekhov's Gun it contains').
>>
>>49576784
Thanks for ideas and condensing information for me. Very helpful.
>>
how about some oldies who want to leave Miami? "too much crazy on the streets these nights" you dont have to help them since they could very well take care of themselves. but it may cause a power vacooum. like the first or second night they are on the plane out and slowly things are shifting. i like to put some elements in the background that may or may not be even realized by the party. but have distinct effects on the game later.
also in Coca paradise maybe breaking the masquerade is a little bit harder. ppl have blood all over their faces anyhow from all the blow. police gets calls every night about strange things but disregards it as "junky babble" maybe the sabbat takes advantage. the camerilla is still upholding the code because they never knew anything else, but the sabbat is now at the advantage.
defending a night club might be to expected. so how about a scrapeyard? a mall? you know the the locations where money would be exchanged for powder.
as for characters. how about some FBI newbie who wants to finaly get this Sodom like city behind him and is looking for everything that would warrent investigation? some german terrorists like RAF who would use all the ruckus to slip under the radar, hiding in some abbandoned projects plotting? how about some rich arab son of a sultan whatever whos here to spend a few nights in the club, always attracting trouble? its the 80 DO ALLOT OF COCE AND VOTE FOR RONALD REAGEN
>>
>>49576278
sounds pretty cool
make sure the vampires look very neo-romantic
>>
>>49580696
>>
>>49580722
You know like eldars basically
>>
File: adam-ant.jpg (36KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
adam-ant.jpg
36KB, 264x400px
>>49580733
>>
File: new-romance-ii1.jpg (72KB, 529x251px) Image search: [Google]
new-romance-ii1.jpg
72KB, 529x251px
>>49580747
>>
>>49580696
>>49580722
>>49580733
>>49580747
>>49580756
Getting some real David Bowie vibes from these.
>>
>>49581014
That's the point.
in 1982 everyone was trying to be Bowie.
>>
I don't have all that much in the way of ideas, but I wish you luck and have an interest in this. Keep us up to date once you've got the campaign going.

My immediate direction to point in is another drug parallel. Does VtM have blood as having druglike effects for vampires that consume it, or is it just food to them? I'm not familiar with VtM, my WoD leaning's always been toward Promethean, but a cursory search didn't turn up anything. If it *does* have those effects... well, it's going to be another drug alongside the piles of coke you're dealing (with).

Early 80s or late 80s? The Cure and related acts would be particularly fitting in the early 80s but still relevant throughout; good for setting a tone, at least. Bowie, too, as others have mentioned.

I'm not sure what aspects culturally you'd need to play up, and that's the big part where we distinguish between "regular VtM game" and "1980s Miami VtM!" >>49576784 hit most of it on the head.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.