[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General Ramming Speed ed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 76

File: PHR opener.png (984KB, 1390x720px) Image search: [Google]
PHR opener.png
984KB, 1390x720px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

Ramming Speed edition

>>49551038 → Previous Thread

>Hawk Wagame's website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZ Phase 2 units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf

>DZ Phase 2 fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>dropfleet preorder, showing prices and lotsa pics
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

>All currently leaked photos of the DFC rulebook, courtesy of the facebook group
http://imgur.com/a/UhEVg

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Currently running polls:
http://www.strawpoll.me/11297065
http://www.strawpoll.me/11321886

Opening Query: Which faction's corvettes will be the best and/or cutest frigate murders?
>>
For anti-frigate work: Niccar and Santiago are tied, the Niccar is faster, but it's attacks are more swingy and less reliable.

For fleet support: Echo's are actually as capable as other races frigates, and with Stealth it makes them good at engaging targets both in and outside of atmosphere. I'd say a trio of these will be enough to give a mothership a really bad day as well. That point cost though.

The Shaltari one is... only good for dealing with Shaltari and Scourge frigates. Anything with a decent armour score (PHR for instance) will laugh it off. And for 33pts each, the most expensive of any corvette, you want something a touch more multirole than that.
>>
>>49575301
Important to keep in mind that so far the Shaltari corvettes are their only option for hunting frigates in atmos. Their own frigates can't enter atmosphere. Glass corvettes might be needed just to keep enemy frigates back from your ships and to keep yourself from losing the ground game due to harassment of your gates.
>>
>>49575243
Hard to look past the PHR corvette as best. Best armour, reliable 5 shots at 4+ lock, stealth, and the ability to fire outside CA range. Incidentally, the "medium calibre turret" it's armed with is the same weapon as on the prows of many PHR cruisers so that gives a bit of an idea what the ship may look like.

Shaltari one is...interesting. I wouldn't say it's outright the best, which may be a problem given their frigates can't go into atmosphere. I guess the idea is its extra PD gives it survivability, given how much atmospheric shooting is CA, but I don't feel 3 is quite enough to keep it safe.

UCM and scourge ones both look solid, in their own ways. Nickars will probably need to be taken in 2s or 3s to limit the unreliability of their shots though.

I'm hoping they do a chinese dragon/flying worm type affair for the Nickar. If they do it'll definitely be the cutest.
>>
File: colony drop.jpg (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
colony drop.jpg
375KB, 1920x1080px
>>49575348
I'm not sure how to feel about the Ganymede when the Orpheus has what looks like an Ajax-worthy weapons layout. Probably better at bullying frigates near clusters with those light batteries instead of trying to do three things at once.

We need those point costs!
>>
>>49575320

Mathwise, 3 of them should be enough to take out any Frigate that isn't PHR, for which you'd need 4. It's also worth remembering that as a main weapon the frigates wont get PD defence against their attacks whereas against the others they would (Hence why pairing up your UCM Strike Cruisers with Jakarta's is a really good tactic if you know your opponent is bringing Corvettes) so there's that.

>>49575348

In terms of pure stats independant of costs the PHR Echo is objectively the best Corvette out of the 4. However it costs almost a full third more than most of it's contemporaries (apart from the Shaltari one) at which point it enters Frigate prices.
Ultimately you might have to view the Echo not as a Corvette but as a frigate that's designed to be able to hunt Strike Cruisers. Which puts it in contention with the Europa and the Andromeda (because those PHR Bombers are fucking terrifying). Sure it's the best at hunting stuff that's in atmosphere out of the three, but the extra cost on the Echo comes from stuff that makes it good engaging outside of atmosphere as well. So, choices choices choices.
>>
>>49575428
I think a neat advantage the PHR have is they don't have to take separate bombardment and troop-landing ships like every other faction, they have ships (the ganymede and the medea) which can do both. So if the enemy has some armour stacked up on one sector of a cluster you don't actually have to engage it, you can bombard it while at the same time dropping troops onto another sector.

So, yeah. I view the ganymede as a troop/bombardment ship with a bit of shooting, while like you say the orpheus is a ajax that can drop troops.

Fucking PHR, man.
>>
What does the Air To Air rule do? I can kind of read half of it, think it's "no penalties for shooting in atmosphere" but not sure, specifically whether it's only for shooting within atmosphere (which would make sense given the name) or if you can also shoot down into atmosphere without penalty as well.

In either case, I notice the Echo doesn't have the A2A rule on its turret, so only really has the same (reliable) firepower as a Santiago when down in the soup. Might explain why it's not as expensive as the Glass, while at first glance seeming superior.
>>
>>49575734

AFAIK, that applies only to atmo-atmo fire.
>>
File: FacebookShaltariFluff.png (714KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
FacebookShaltariFluff.png
714KB, 960x528px
>>49576204
>I thought Shaltari normally have crews of 3-9, why so many on a shitty corvette?

Nah, only the cores of Shaltari ships have 3-9 Shaltari; the actual ship runs to a few dozen to maybe a hundred.
>>
File: ShaltariGlassRules.png (2MB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
ShaltariGlassRules.png
2MB, 1224x1632px
>>49575301
>The Shaltari one is... only good for dealing with Shaltari and Scourge frigates. Anything with a decent armour score (PHR for instance) will laugh it off. And for 33pts each, the most expensive of any corvette, you want something a touch more multirole than that.
Keep in mind that their weapons, while A2A, are not CAW; this means that, depending on the actual A2A wording, they would be able to engage at scan+sig range.
>>
Did someone scan the DFC rules, yet?
>>
>>49575243
>still not the shippening
What are you, a PHR infiltrator?
>>
>>49576731
>those hazard stripes
>on models of this scale
Fucking hell. Got any more pics of that ship, incidentally? Looks like an interesting twist on the UCM scheme.

And no, I don't believe so. We got pics of the corvette/strike asset pages & most of the atlantis rules in the last thread, I guess stuff will trickle out over time.
>>
>>49576731
Nej, that'll be the second thing I do when my stuff gets in, which will presumably be next week.
First thing is to read the book front to back a few times
>>
>>49576678
post Echo pls
>>
File: 1456023994247.png (592KB, 469x542px) Image search: [Google]
1456023994247.png
592KB, 469x542px
>>49576678
>those fighters
O-oh my.
>>
File: 1475180097736.jpg (526KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1475180097736.jpg
526KB, 3264x2448px
>>49576814
I only considered posting the vidya dolphin briefly.
>>
File: PHREchoRules.png (2MB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
PHREchoRules.png
2MB, 1224x1632px
>>49576814

>>49576831
>not rotating it
>>
>>49576843
I did rotate it, but it went back for some reason. Whatever.
>>
File: FacebookBasaltRules.png (689KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FacebookBasaltRules.png
689KB, 960x720px
>>49576822
>Shaltari carrier can put out +20 PD in a single turn
>>
>>49576797
Cheers, sounds great! Can´t wait for the scan, especially because I was dumb enough not to back the Kickstarter and therefore have to wait for the retail release.

>>49576765
Sorry, don´t have any other pictures. I stole that one from the Facebook group and the guy doing it got (naturally) a very positive response. The flyers are also painted btw.
>>
File: Shaltari_Battleship_Platinum6.jpg (129KB, 799x530px) Image search: [Google]
Shaltari_Battleship_Platinum6.jpg
129KB, 799x530px
>>49576731
>those flyers
l-looks like Dave really won't be doing faction specific assets ;_;
>>
File: IMG_7710.jpg (49KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7710.jpg
49KB, 480x269px
PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED
>>
>>49576875
They need to, seeing as shields apparently use the same power supply as their point defence. Without fighters, onve other ships get close the hedgehogs have a choice of getting rekt by close action weapons or spanked by regular guns, both with just 5+ armour
>>
>>49576678

Atmosphere is scan range only though anyway.
>>
>>49577158
>crippled result: engines offline
>>
>>49577161
I thought the fluff reason why PD doesnt work with shields up was that the PD weapons can't fire through the shield.
>>
>>49577243
Or maybe A2A ignores that?
In any case, it means that the Glass is also a fairly useful ship in orbit as well, being able to chuck 5 shots from far away while on approach to your quarry isn't that bad anyways.
>>
>>49577350
Can other weapons? I guess you could modulate the shields to allow firing for main weapons, but pd is to small/numerous/whatever?
>>
>>49577395
Will they do anything, though? 5/3 hits and no crits...
>>
>>49577425
Statistically, yes, they'll help out.

They're not going to be putting out loads of damage, but taking potshots from a nearly invisible and fast platform will still contribute a bit.
>>
>>49577425

I think the Glass is a good ship for darting in and out of the atmo layer at range.

5 dice even at 5+ has a lot of damage potential. I could really pick on weaker armored ships like frigates, unshielded shaltari and some lighter scourge stuff.
>>
I'm not really liking the idea of pd applying to all close action attacks. It feels like it ought to be how many dice you get per turn, and if your pd gets overwhelmed... well, sucks to be you?
>>
Where were you when Hawk ruined their own game with (((ramming)))?
>>
PD can be overwhelmed by piling in extra bombers
>>
Many seem to forget the benefit of low damage in picking off nearly-crippled stragglers.

Only you can reduce overkill.
>>
>>49577350
Possibly. I can't remember the fluff reason, just the fact you had to choose between shields and pd. I think with shield up they get to save against the damage from close action like normal, but can't reduce the number of attacks coming in.
>>
>tfw you couldn't back the kickstarter
It hurts seeing all the shiny models coming in with none foe me, specially when there's nothing useful on the tradepage, not that I could afford it.

I just want shiny ships ;;
>>
>>49577395

I doubt it, A2A most likely just means that the weapons hit on their native lock value instead of on a 6 like other weapon.
>>
>>49577627
Keep in mind that PD represents a ships ability to deal with a certain volume of CAW, not actual attacks. It's harder for a ship to shoot down one big blast of CAW, rather than a few smaller ones coming in from different angles.
>>
>>49577633
>game isn't even out yet
>it's ruined
Oy Vey.
>>
>>49577633
Go back to spacebattles.net you turbo autist.
>>
File: image.png (40KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
40KB, 362x362px
>in your roomy Echo in atmosphere safe on silent running waiting to ambush enemy strike carriers and warp gates

Who comfy here?
>>
>>49577833
Go back to 40k screaming "WAAAGH" you faggot.
>>
>>49577633
>implying it's not an entirely reasonable (for the reason of fun) mechanic for the game to have
>implying it's totally ridiculous, if the ship has sufficient velocity
>>
>>49577633
>(((ramming)))

The Protocols of the Elders of Shaltari prove that the Pungari did 9/11

Furnace cannons can't melt steel beams
>>
>>49577856
>anyone who isn't a hard sci-fi autist is a science-fantasy "lel anything goes" memelord
Didn't we have this argument last thread?
>>
>>49577871
The Scourge were actually engineered by the Shaltari for the purpose of taking human worlds and women!
Human pride galaxy wide!
>>
>complaining about ramming
>when the Scourge are an entirely parasitic, Yeerk-tier race with the ability to integrate themselves with any species of sapient, sub-sapient species as well like vampires and razorworms, taking over wildly different neural architectures and biologies
D*C is already soft sci-fi, and ramming isn't what pushed it over the edge.
>>
Does anyone happen to know the weapon load out of the Yokai and Sphinx? They seem to be roughly the same as the Shenlong by description but I can't tell exactly what's different.
>>
>>49577956
>There are people alive, right now, who are complaining about Ramming
Holy fuck, get the stick of your asses
>>
>>49577965
Scourge occulus weapons come in four tiers, as of now:
>Occulus Rays
3+ lock, 1 attack, 1 damage.
>Occulus Beams
3+ lock, 1 attack, 2 damage
>Occulus Beam Array
3+ lock, 2 attack, 2 damage
>Heavy Occulus Beam Array
No idea, yet.

The Yokai and Sphinx are both armed with Occulus Beams in the front arc, an Occulus Beam Array in the front and side(left) arcs, and an Occulus Beam Array in the front and side(right) arcs.

The Shenlong is the same, except that it's Occulus Beams are replaced with an Occulus Beam Array in the front arc.
>>
>>49577989
this tbqh mi familia.
>>
File: Ivan you want flower.jpg (61KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
Ivan you want flower.jpg
61KB, 540x405px
>>49577989
>Play resistance
>mfw no planet cracker drilling ships to ram with
>>
>>49578068
>implying the Resistance even have the resources to build an asteroid cracker, let alone a planet cracker
>>
>>49578079
Anon I know it could never work. I know, deep in heart that Resistance will never take to the stars. But, I can dream.
>>
>>49578097
But anon, they can and are taking to the stars.
by being assimilated into the UCM :^)
>>
File: Big ol bee.jpg (2KB, 103x90px) Image search: [Google]
Big ol bee.jpg
2KB, 103x90px
>>49578115
Go fuck youself anon, even though that's probably right. Have a bee
>>
>>49578123
Thanks for the bee, anon.
This first legions are already being raised on Eden
>>
>>49577744
It's only a month or so before it's on general sale anon. I'm in the same boat, it really isn't that long to wait. Kind of sucks to miss out on cheaper prices, but that's water under the bridge.
>>
>>49578208
I'm a jobless student so I'm not sure I can afford any shiny ships, as not been having the best luck getting a part time thing.
>>
>>49578229
I'm a jobbed ex-student, and I don't have time to actually spend the money I'm making.

Enjoy it while it lasts, anon.
>>
Thank god BFG is coming back, this game is looking like shit. There are a few nice models but that's about it.
>>
>>49578229

You should be able to scrounge up the $35 for a starter fleet at least
>>
>>49578014
Neat. Thanks.
>>
>>49578262
Would you prefer it if the models were prepainted?
>>
>>49578275

I prefer my broadsides dependent fleet to be completely dependent on torpedoes and launch assets

...wait
>>
>>49578270
Well, all else fails I should be able to get something at chrsitmas time- december birthday and not wanting much means I tend to get a lot of cash around that time rather than other gifts, so I'll probably be able to get a buffer around then.
>>
>>49578262
Why don't you like it, anon?
>>
>>49578262
>Looking like shit
Explain?
>>
File: Minder-1_1024x1024.jpg (102KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Minder-1_1024x1024.jpg
102KB, 900x600px
>be a minder
>dutifully do my job over years and years
>job sucks
>long periods of having nothing to do, but always there when needed
>start getting old, losing control somewhat
>hope to be transferred to a monitor, and go out in glorious destruction
>Champion calls me into his office, tells me I will not be going into a monitor
>sadminder.notyetunderstoodcommunicationsystem
>he says he has something better
>I will be going into a Strix cruiser, my job is to get close to a UCM battleship, and unleash a plasma tempest upon it
>very proud
>succeed in my mission, but take critical damage to the ship
>I will not go out explosively as a monitor
>my final act will be much, much better
>ram battleship and explode
And that's the story of The Little Minder That Could.
>>
>>49578262
Sup Sheltari.

>>49578310
That's how the Imperial Navy actually was in Gothic.
>>
>>49578314

Dropfleet is not looking extraordinarily expensive so far. A starter fleet is 3 cruiser sprues and 4 frigates for $48 ish, the cruiser box is two of them for $24, the frigate box is 8 of them for $31 and a battleship is around $36.

All things considering I think a clash level fleet is going to end up cheaper than a regular dropzone army.
>>
>>49578367

That's the joke
>>
>>49578361
Thought Jellies Couldn't re bond?
>>
>>49578390
That's something yeah. Just need to work out how to do things for it all / what I get.

Still not sure how I want to paint some of them though.
>>
>>49577627
I thought thats how it was? Or has it changed over the testing period?
>>
>>49578330
>>49578320

He is the DZ general troll. Says dumb shit

Makes claims like AOS is a space game or dave is to fat or BFG is a better game blah blah blah.

Just ignore him. The main rule of the threads is to only accept clever bait. Sometimes he tries hard and his dumbassery is hilarious.
>>
>>49578468

Feel free to start small, everyone else will be too. There's also a two player starter set you can get and split with a friend if you're interested in UCM or Scourge
>>
>>49578509
Speaking of Dave's flab, has anyone noticed that he's trimmed down a bit in the last few months?

He's been lifting those heavy pledge boxes into the vans himself. Our hero. By the time he's done he'll be a thousand boxes closer to Marcus tier a e s t h e t i c s.
>>
>>49578578
> be a thousand boxes
Four thousand.
>>
>>49578509
Goddamn, that's retarded. Thanks anon.
>>
>>49578563
I'm thinking UCM or PHR
UCM because standard, can use homeworld looks.
PHR because A E S T H E T I C S, fuck you broadsides, the DMC gun, "party like its 1884" of their BC, jesus christ bombers, with the downside of "Im not sure how to paint them"
>>
>>49577250
Can anyone put up the crippled tables? I want to get started on making tokens.
>>
>>49578578
10 hours of CAD and 10 hours of packing a day will do that to you.
>>
File: 1471379020463.jpg (328KB, 1600x810px) Image search: [Google]
1471379020463.jpg
328KB, 1600x810px
>>49576204
With regards to Shaltari crew, I'm pretty sure the 3-9 count is the number of personnel inside the command pod.
There's not a whole lot of real estate outside the pod, but it's conceivable that there are crew members dispersed around the ship. Somebody has to wrangle the Pugnari in a crisis, right?
>>
>>49576908
I remember Dave saying that even he isn't that autistic.
>>
File: image.png (718KB, 838x911px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
718KB, 838x911px
>>49579170

>when you shoot a Xenos mothership with your Yamato cannon and they deorbit into the atmosphere just right
>>
>>49578725
O-or maybe just a list of conditions? I want to get me some prep done.
>>
File: 412341234.jpg (18KB, 229x278px) Image search: [Google]
412341234.jpg
18KB, 229x278px
>Every time my inbox says 1 Unread
>It's never Hawk

I CANT TAKE THIS
JUST GIVE ME THE STUFF MAN
I NEED MY STUFF
>>
>>49579260
>>49578725
Well, this is one of the token sheets you get in the starter box, and I'm assuming that between sectors and launch assets are the crippled result tokens. From info in earlier vids etc. from the top down I'd say:
>Scanners offline
>Weapons offline
>Engines offline
>Spike maybe?
>Losing altitude?
>Fire (continue taking hull damage)
>Cracked armour (save down to 6+)
I'm pretty sure everything that doesn't have a question mark has been mentioned somewhere, the question marks are my speculation (can't remember if engines offline causes you to lose altitude, or if that's a separate result).

With the normal disclaimer that rules may also have changed since the videos happened as well.
>>
I've been playing some Sins of a Solar Empire to get me into a spaceship fightan mood, and holy shit the music is good. I think I'll play some of it during DFC games, it would fit the game perfectly.
>>
File: Ankylon[1].jpg (124KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ankylon[1].jpg
124KB, 1600x900px
>>49579645
Daily reminder that the Ankylon is superior to the Ragnarov.
>>
>>49577956
Hey now, let's give Dave some credit here. The scourge could be genetically modified for compatibility with each host and it is strongly implied that not all species are potential hosts.
>>
>>49577989
>People can't possibly dislike ramming for gameplay reasons
False
Counterexample: me
>>
>>49579787
Fair point, but that only bumps it up to "relatively malleable" sci-fi.
>>
>>49579776
God damned right. Dat group damage reduction can carry a game.
>>
>>49578123
What is this, a bee for ants?
>>
>>49580131
Anon....
>>
>>49580131
10 points for Gryffindor.
>>
File: detail.jpg (32KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
detail.jpg
32KB, 528x960px
hype intensifies
ad vindictum
>>
>>49580244
Is this facebook, or your own ship?
>>
>>49580255
Facebook. Someone's talking about how to magnetize.

Makes sense. Only two magnets on either a light cruiser or fleet cruiser hull means you get all the options. And some like the bombardment or troopship are more specialized than the mass driver / BTL swaps.
>>
File: image.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>49580244

>the entire prow is one section

How did I not notice this before? That's a trivial magnetization.
>>
File: FBShaltariAssemblt.jpg (924KB, 1354x1924px) Image search: [Google]
FBShaltariAssemblt.jpg
924KB, 1354x1924px
Found some more stuff from FB.
>>
File: FBUCMQuickStats.jpg (534KB, 1266x1782px) Image search: [Google]
FBUCMQuickStats.jpg
534KB, 1266x1782px
>>
>>49576908
He will. It's only a matter of time.

Keep the fire, anon.
>>
>>49580484
Nice
>>
>>49580484
So they've slowed the moscow down by an inch, and dropped the UCM frigates' PD by 1, but I think that's all that's changed from the leak. Oh yeah, and some weapons have been renamed.
>>
>>49580654

Well that version of the beta leak was like the v 0.9 so it makes sense it might not have changed much. I bet the points were reclassed with a free nickles and dime changes.

In the end it will be a better product. Hype train is almost at ludicrous speed.
>>
>>49580484

>New Orleans have the open special rule

Wonder what that does
>>
>>49580748
It's coherency related. The New Orleans can operate out of coherency from their group without penalties.
>>
>>49580748

Open lets ships ignore the penalty to strat rating for being out of coherency.
>>
>>49580777
>>49580768

Neat. Makes sense too
>>
>>49580484

>Moscows are slower and only have cruiser tier PD

Good good
>>
>>49581012
>slower
By 1 inch, anon.
>>
>>49581055

By 12.5%*
>>
>>49581073
The battlefield is 48 inches long.
A Rio can cross 16.667% of the table on standard orders, bringing it right to the edge after 6 turns.
A Moscow can cross 14.583% of the table on standard orders, leaving it 6" away from the edge after 6 turns, and having its scan bubble touching the edge.

It's not going to be that noticeable in all but the late-game.
>>
So apparently, ramming can ONLY be used if that ship is at 1 hull remaining, and is at least of medium tonnage.
>>
>>49581152
I guess the only situation I can see it mattering is getting to sectors in the very middle of the table. Say you slow down your jakartas to keep the moscow in their bubble, and then slow the troop carrying ships to keep them in the jakarta's bubble, and THEN the enemy gets to the midpoint first. But the jakarta's bubble is probably big enough to absorb a 1" movement difference, so meh.
>>
>>49581172

I like that idea.

I am not in the anti-ram group, but while it could be fun and thematic the worry is everyone just decides some ships are useless and the whole faction decides suicide bombing is the way to go every time because the math makes it worth it. It would ruin some of the game immersion.

>>49581152
>>49581242

I think you guys are discounting the face you might be turning to get guys into arc for shots or to maneuver away from incoming attacks.

Though I bet the one inch is more just to differentiate heavy cruisers from lighter ships.
>>
>>49581152
This might be more noticeable when you're playing against factions with better scan ranges. It makes it easier, for example, for a PHR player to swoop in to optimum broadside range without getting torn up by your full batteries.
>>
>>49581152
Implying a Moscow is going to get anywhere near the middle of the board after going weapons free every turn.

Silly baselines
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 640x480px
>>49580484

>reading this and realizing there really isn't a good reason not to take berlins in squadrons of 2
>>
>>49581982
Why so?
>>
>>49581626
We had that problem with 2 players during our full thrust campaign. Along with the "space shotgun" tactic. Only because they couldn't think of ways to handle stations and fighters.

It was god damn awful bullshit, but the silver lining is that they still failed miserably.
Schadenfreude is the only true joy.
>>
According to one of the admirals on KS, the non-KS name for the Leonida is the "Agamemnon".

I wonder if the Scipio will remain named as the Scipio, and the same for the Manticore. I doubt the Mithril will remain with that name, however.

>tfw we will never see what a KS-exclusive scipio, mithrill, and manticore would have looked like
>>
File: 1360530656650.jpg (158KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1360530656650.jpg
158KB, 1600x1200px
>>49579645
I'm in sort of the same boat except its with Homeworld instead. The music is just sooo goooood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VlgYgN8qos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3YmmPM5ohw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6JZhaNWA9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO8r8PSCdNI
Also BFG music is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80QrqY_FgQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DhAAGZVAVo
And one for the road
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY
>>
File: UCM Ships.jpg (382KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
UCM Ships.jpg
382KB, 1500x997px
>tfw can't decide if the UCM would look better with the white panels, or if they were grey, or if the entire ship was the same uniform grey-blue.
>>
>>49583505
No reason you can't try all three in one fleet, anon. They'll still look uniform.
>>
File: squadron.jpg (209KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
squadron.jpg
209KB, 1600x900px
>>49583505

I think the panels add some character. You don't have to do white. This anon did some blue colors and they look nice.

I think I am going to do panel colors by role. Then depending on how big the ships are maybe print some name decals to give every ship an ID.
>>
>>49583603
Those are some sexy ships.
>>
>>49582186

Two cobra BTL in one battlegroup activation is a gigantic alpha strike that can be done on normal orders or even a come to new heading order
>>
File: 1446420335865.jpg (222KB, 680x696px) Image search: [Google]
1446420335865.jpg
222KB, 680x696px
>>49583958

>only 2 BTL's
>Not taking 4 New Cairo Lt Cruisers in a single Line Battlegroup
>>
Someone really needs to leak the color scheme pages in the DFC book...
>>
>>49584005
Not that other anon, but we don't know if Cairo's are rare or not. Or if they even have he same laser still.

If not they are going to be our bread and butter along with Berlin's. It seems like laser spam may be the way to go. It is just too powerful. I feel like some of these guys have to be rare. Or at least have a downside.

Using a Lima to spot then flash with laser for major spike followed by a weapon free order to take out big targets in one turn seems like the go to UCM plan.

>>49584021

Someone really needs to leak the whole fucking thing
>>
Statistically, does a 2-attack, 3+ BTL with cap 6 really compare with a 4-attack, 3+ Heavy Mass Driver on a full turret?

It seems comparable, if somewhat more capable of big swings. Adding the flare makes up for it, vs the better fire arc.
>>
>>49584319

Yes, it's actually better in general. Cobras have a good chance of hitting their hit cap with a good amount of crits. They can just flub it by missing the first hit
>>
>>49584319
>>49584371

However I am only speaking in terms of pure damage. The heavy guns have an advantage of being able to fire in three entire arcs while BTLs are front narrow only.

Once a ship is in a close range side arc of a BTL ship, it's going to be very difficult for that BTL ship to get a front narrow shot on that ship again, even with the double turn or hold station order
>>
>>49584513
The way I imagine it is that you have lines of ships.

Front Line is your gun boats

Section Line is you Cobra Laser ships to act as snipers

Next Line is your Carriers

Then you have your Limas

A few of the laser ships are going to be forces in close, but for the most part I imagine some will simply hang out on the flanks moving forward slowly engaging targets the other ships have spotted. It is going to be a tough game of managing distances to keep them safer.
>>
>>49584513
Also worth pointing out is that burnthrough's lose a lot of potential with every shift to their lock value. Firing at targets in different orbital layers makes them lose a lot of damage.
>>
>>49584676
This is one of the reasons why I plan for every battlegroup to have a Calypso. That +1 to lock value is pretty brutal.
>>
more facebook pics
>>
>>49585012
Hnnnngh
>>
>no shipping email yet
;_;
pls hurry Hawk
>>
>>49585012
Huh, they decided to assemble these guys EXACTLY as they are on the starter box images.
>>
>>49585555
That probably seems sensible if you haven't spent months theorycrafting on scant information like we have.
>>
File: DUBSOVERWHELMING.jpg (113KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
DUBSOVERWHELMING.jpg
113KB, 816x816px
>>49585088
>>49585433
>>49585555
checked
>>
>>49585088
>>49585433
>>49585555
>three dubs ending with a quad

This seems sinister.
>>
>>49585678

In a it's trio the Hector isn't actually a bad choice because the other two ships do very different things. I will also withhold judgment until I see its price, if it's a budget heavy cruiser that's an affordable way to get a cobra laser then it'll be alright

I recall the UCM starter default fleet is pretty good
>>
>>49585750
Kek has blessed this thread.
SHADILAY
SHADILAY
>>
>>49585854
Extremely sinister.
>>
File: 1469861644155.gif (359KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1469861644155.gif
359KB, 640x636px
>>49585881
It's okay, I'm sure the PHR and Shaltari have both tapped into the universal memeplex.
>>
>>49579816
Well anon, counter-counterexample, please explain why you dislike it, and what you would do to fix it
>>
>>49585980
>Tfw the PHR have a choke hold on the memes in the future
>tfw hard working Resistance Fighters will never have the dank memes their ancestors had
I blame Salakhan for this
>>
>>49586209
>the PHR actually have a single goal during the reconquest
>reclaiming the lost dank memes of old humanity
>>
>>49580465
What ship is that A option?
>>
>>49586362
All of the cruisers and heavy cruisers?
>>
File: praetorian1.jpg (31KB, 403x521px) Image search: [Google]
praetorian1.jpg
31KB, 403x521px
>>
You guys gonna assemble then paint or paint then assemble?
>>
>>49587053
magnetize and paint seperately.
>>
>still no Phase 2 rules scan
>>
>>49587214
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf

Apologies anon, I really have no excuses for how long this took beyond "sorry, I forgot".
>>
>>49587553

ty m8
>>
>>49587148
Why magnetize?
>>
>>49588047
One cruiser sprue has enough bits to make one cruiser of any variant. If you magnetize you can change variants.
>>
>>49588047
>Why magnetize?
Because there are lots of variants and I would feel bad letting all those pieces go to waste.

I'll have to see how much I can magnetize when this ships get in; I'm fully expecting to be able to fully magnetize the UCM, Scourge, and PHR, but the Shaltari might be a bit tricky.
>>
>>49588077
Just to show what I'm talking about;
>UCM
The core hull shared amongst all UCM cruisers is the main hull, and the lower parts of the engine nacelles. In order to fully magnetize for all possible variants, I would have to magnetize the top parts of the engine nacelles (light cruiser, cruiser/heavy, and carrier), as well as the dorsal prow covering (normal and heavy). After that, I would have to magnetize each hardpoint (two on ventral prow, one per cruiser/heavy nacelle, and two on dorsal prow).

>Scourge
Depending on how well this works out, I can use three (or two) magnets per wing join if it's too difficult to pin them with an axis in order to allow for articulation and exchange; one in the receiving slot, and one in the inserting protrusion. I can do she same with the smaller wings, the light cruiser caps, or the carrier wings.
On the front of the ship, I can obscure powerful magnets (to compensate for the lack of contact) beneath the surface of the hull behind both sides of the "jaw", as well two underneath the dorsal prow where the heavy cruiser crest would be. I can then embed magnets within the jaw inserts, and possibly within the heavy cruiser crest struts if they're big enough (if not, I may just have to fill it with magnetic metal).

>PHR
These will require the overall most magnets, but thankfully are fairly simple. Two magnets per broadside slot, a magnet for the upper prow weapon, magnets for the light cruiser ventral armor, the cruiser ventral armor, and the heavy cruiser ventral stalk. On the heavy cruiser ventral stalk I must magnetize at the bottom (Hector, Bellerophon, troopship modules) and in the middle (achilles) for the prow spur, and on the spur I must magnetize for the lower prow weapon.
The maneuvering fins, I'm not too sure on.
>>
>>49588233
>Shaltari
These will be the trickets, because there are many "core" hulls. I would have to magnetize the light cruiser, cruiser/heavy, and mothership hulls separately, along with the wings, along with the mounting points on the wings for the sensor arcs or hangar pods. I must also magnetize on the weapon slots on the wings. In addition, I have to magnetize the dorsal arcj for the cruiser/heavy and mothership hulls, and it ALSO has a point that I must magnetize for the cruiser/mothership spur, OR the heavy cruiser dorsal prow weapon slot.
The problem is whether that dorsal prow weapon slot is big enough, or if the dorsal arch is, to mount a magnet capable of supporting the weight of the dorsal prow weapon.
>>
>>49588242
Basically, every arrow in >>49580465 is going to have to be a magnetic link, and I'm not sure if the model itself can host magnets strong and powerful enough to support all that weight.
>>
Optimal UCM Magnetization config:
2x Unmagnetized Seattles (your max capacity in most games, seem useful)
2x Heavy Cruiser hulls, no weapons (Heavy cruisers seem to be rare types and expensive anyway)
4x medium cruiser hulls, no lower weapons bay (swappable for bombardment, laser, cannons and troopship bay)
4x light cruiser hulls, no lower weapons bay (swappable for laser, cannons)
>>
>>49588442
>2x Unmagnetized Seattles (your max capacity in most games, seem useful)
Max capacity is actually 3 seattles for skirmish, 5 for clash, and 6 for battle (assuming no new yorks)

UCM ships really do seem to be the easiest to magnetize for cross class variability, since all you really need to do is pop on or off the dorsal prow plating, and the dorsal portions of the engine nacelles. It'll take a good amount of storage space to store all those bits and gubbins, but you could each turn six heavy cruisers into six light cruisers into six troopships.
>>
File: Scourge_CruiserTroop_Chimera1.jpg (128KB, 798x532px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge_CruiserTroop_Chimera1.jpg
128KB, 798x532px
>>
>>49588511

Seattles are a rare choice, my dude.
>>
>>49588822
Do you see "rare" anywhere in here? >>49580484
>>
>>49588847

I don't see any points cost either m8. Its obviously the rules for the starter fleets by themselves.
>>
File: FacebookFleetorg.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FacebookFleetorg.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
>>49588866
In addition, it makes literally no sense for their one and only carrier (besides the New York, which I am going to presume WILL be rare) to be rare, especially with only a launch of three.

If the "rare" rules structure holds over from DZC, being 1 per skirmish, 2 per clash, 3 per battle, that would mean that the UCM would only have a maximum launch capacity of 3 in a skirmish, which has a total launch capacity of 10 for all factions. Add on to the fact that UCM launch assets are baseline compared to all factions (and arguably the worst, depending on points cost), the Seattle being rare would utterly and totally gimp the UCM in a major mechanic of the game shared by all factions.

Unless, of course, you have the book on you (which I don't) and would like to show otherwise.
>>
>>49588890

>their one and only carrier

Atlantis/Johannesburg is also a launch 3 carrier and is not rare.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 540x960px
>>49588890

Anon, I...
>>
>>49588900
If their big fuckoff battlecruiser carrier isn't rare, why would their cruiser carrier be? I'm not going to accept that until I read it for myself, because there is literally no rhyme or reason to have the Seattle be rare.
>>
>>49588919
>beta rules
I'll put a shoe on my head and take a timestamp if it's rare in the actual book.
>>
>>49588923

I have no idea either mate and if that changed from the beta I wouldn't think it that weird for UCM.

The seattle is pretty dank tho.
>>
>>49588936
>The seattle is pretty dank tho.
Oh yeah, definitely; depending on the cost, I may take it as a premier gun-armed medium choice over the Osaka.
>>
>>49588919
Beta rules though, and things can have changed. Esepcially considering that they lowered the total launch capability limits, which kinda accomplishes the same thing as 'rare' on standard carrier.
>>
>>49588939

>I may take it as a premier gun armed medium

might be exactly why it is/was rare.

Then again the basalt is fucking bonkers for its cost and its not.
>>
>bellepheron
>cobra laser
>4 launch
>standard heavy PHR heavy cruiser stats, 6 sig, 8 scan, 13 HP(ish).

Who wants to bet on price? I'm guessing 190 at least.
>>
>>49588958
>Then again the basalt is fucking bonkers for its cost and its not.
This is probably my biggest reason to believe that the Seattle isn't rare; the Basalt is 25% more powerful (at the very least) with a comparable weapon system (with high potential damage).
>>
File: d83.jpg (233KB, 750x1087px) Image search: [Google]
d83.jpg
233KB, 750x1087px
>>49589040

If it makes you feel any better the Seattle out damages it, gunwise at least, by about .1111~
>>
File: 199473.jpg (52KB, 639x204px) Image search: [Google]
199473.jpg
52KB, 639x204px
Honestly the Icarus should probably be the cheapest carrier in the game, besides the escort carrier. Lower launch but 2+ hit bombers really do make a difference.
>>
>>49589051
average damage wise, sure, but the possibility that a Basalt could cripple a (UCM) heavy cruiser in one attack is also something to consider.
>>
>>49589096

Maybe with bombers but with only 5 attacks it couldn't cripple a heavy cruiser even by rolling 5 6's. It'll average out to about 1.66~ damage per volley on any 3+ ship.
>>
>>49589130
>5
Anon, the Basalt's disruptors have 6 attacks.
>>
>>49589141

thats what I get for squinting at the picture.

And apparently my napkin math had a 6 in there anyway, 1 crit on average and 2 normal hits for 1 +2/3rd's damage on average.
>>
>tfw hoping for a shipping notification on the weekend, but not expecting it
>>
>>49588948
Don't forget, UCM have the Taipei frigate for pd, so carriers can focus in bombers. Even if the Seattle remains rare, they shouldn't be badly off.
Ordnance isn't their main deal. It's a useful extra tool for some jobs, but UCM have other areas they excel, like lasers.
>>
>>49589464
I dunno, that Hawk update on the 29th said
>One example of this is that most carriers can't launch quite as many Bombers as before, bringing their destructiveness into line with regular weapons.
so if most carriers can't launch purely bombers the Seattle may not be able to throw out 3 bombers a turn. We just don't know at this stage.
>>
>>49589816
You may be right , I guess we'll see soon enough. My impression from that update was that they'd reduced the overall number of assets that could be launched by each ship, rather than specifically bombers. (a couple of admirals said this change had been made, so it wasn't unexpected)
My main point is that from what I've seen so far, UCM aren't really a carrier-based fleet. They've got several options to bring launch assets to the table but their strength is adaptability. as long as they've got ways to deal with other factions ca attacks I don't think we need to worry. Also, the Taipei looks baller
>>
>>49589464
Isn't Taipei the close action frigate, while the Jakarta is the PD frigate?
But yes, the Taipei looks awesome.
>>
>>49590055
My bad, you are absolutely correct.
>>
File: 1474925482079.jpg (1MB, 2362x2188px) Image search: [Google]
1474925482079.jpg
1MB, 2362x2188px
>>49590055
Both of them look awesome anyway. UCM frigates are top tier shipfus
>>
Okay, since I spent my time in uniform far away from open waters and anything naval related I don´t quite understand the role of light cruisers. They´re "weaker" than standard cruisers, but "stronger" than frigattes (in terms of armour, armament etc.), right? So why would I include them in a force (i.e. in DFC) if they fill such a niche role? Anything I´m missing?
>>
>>49590202
Word
>>
>>49590217
Depends on the fleet. They tend to be cheaper but sacrifice something for that. Scourge light cruisers have cruiser-tier weapons but aren't as durable. UCM lose the medium turrets, which are only useful when going weapons free
>>
>>49590202
>>49590223
I love all of the apart from the N'Orleans. I wish it had the more interesting silhouette that the others have rather than being straight lines, even though I understand the logical reason for not setting up one's drop bays along a diagonal.

>>49590217
Depends on the faction, but some light cruisers have identical firepower to cruisers, e.g. the yokai and strix put out the same firepower as the sphinx and wyvern cruisers, and when not weapons-free the osaka and new cairo put out the same firepower as the moscow and st petersburg heavy cruisers, but for less points. They're also generally a bit faster, so may be able to get that firepower to slightly more of the battlespace.
>>
I've always been a fan of space ship games (And so few have capital ships) so I'm pondering getting into Dropfleet, I don't know the rules/factions at all yet beyond 'The guys with mechs in Dropzone look cool'

What faction has the toughest, meanest bricks of ships? I like my capital ships to be real dreadnoughts.
>>
File: PHR starter.jpg (158KB, 798x503px) Image search: [Google]
PHR starter.jpg
158KB, 798x503px
>>49590311
That would be the PHR, who coincidentally are also the guys with mechs in dropzone. They have the best armour in the game and the most hit points on their ships. A curious thing is most of their firepower is in broadsides, so their ships can't throw as much firepower at a single target as other factions, although if they can get in position to fire all their guns they'll generally be throwing more dice than anyone else.

The other faction who you may like are the UCM, who also have tough fucking ships (if marginally less tough than the PHR's) and lots of guns. Theirs are on turrets so they can shoot all of them at one target if they want.

Pic is what PHR ships look like, the UCM's look like this >>49583505. Because I know looks can be important in miniature wargaming.
>>
>>49590365

Hmm...the UCM look pretty cool. Though the PHR do as well (Though rather different). I slightly lean the UCM but I think that might just be the plain white colour scheme on the PHR being a bit dull, while the UCM ones look a bit more detailed.

Are there other major differences between the two?

I must admit, I'm glad the answer wasn't >>49588673 or >>49580465 (The aesthetic doesn't appeal to me)
>>
>>49590400
PHR currently have the meanest bombers in the game. And second best fighters, and has a frigate with launch capability. If that helps?

I was considering blue/green metallic a la Alpha Legion for my PHR extras. Hopefully we'll have some leaks of offical colour scheme variants soon.
>>
>>49590400
The main things though are the broadside/turret thing, and PHR begin slightly tougher (extra HP on cruisers upwards, more armour on frigates & corvettes), but off the top of my head:
>UCM are mostly the vanilla faction others jump off in terms of scan/sig/thrust*. PHR are slower but have better scan, for example.
>UCM have some of the best lasers in the game, the PHR's are a bit meh.
>In terms of strike craft stats the UCM are again sort of the vanilla ones, the PHR have great bombers and slightly better fighters. Seems the other two factions (scourge and shaltari) will be able to put more strike craft in the air** though.
>PHR ships were quite expensive points-wise in the beta, so they may be outnumbered, but we don't know final values.
>Each faction has a specialist frigate. UCM's is a detector (see ships from further away), PHR's is a ECM ship (makes your ships harder to hit).
>PHR battleship has an insane number of HP.
There's probably more, hopefully some other anons will jump in.

*Scan and signature are that stats that determine whether a ship can see, and thus fire upon, another ship. Your ship's scan + their ship's signature = range.
**You know what I mean.
>>
>>49590400
The UCM is vanilla ice cream. There's very little special about them, but they do all things decently. Their lasers are powerful, their turrets are versatile and their strike craft are okay. Not many gimmicks here.

PHR ships are tough, slow, well armed and expensive, but because they have an intense hatred of efficiency many of their ships have their best guns on broadsides. Good strike craft as well.
>>
>>49589464
>>49589040
>>49588948

Given that the Atlantis ISN'T rare, and that thing is a Moscow mated with a Seattle but with better speed than the former and 4 more points of hull than the latter I think it might be fair to assume that the Seattle might not be rare any more.

Given that, whilst I was going to build one of my UCM cruisers into a Seattle, I'm now deeply tempted to add a top-deck of Rail Guns and affix some outrider turrets to the top of the Seattles flight decks and call it an Atlantis/Johannesburg.
>>
>>49590575
> their strike craft are okay.

No, their Strike Craft are the worst in the game. Their fighters are the slowest and tie for worst PD rating with scourge. Their bombers are tied with slowest speed with the PHR, and have the same average attack line that the Shaltari and Scourge have.

Plus, Scourge get more Launch Assets on their carriers apparently. So, yeah, build around Jakartas, use your carriers to launch bombers.
>>
>>49590633
They're the worst in the game, but they're still okay. If I said they were shitty that would come with the connotation that UCM carriers aren't worth using.
>>
>>49590481
>>49590515
>>49590575

Ok, thanks a lot. It really sounds like the PHR are my sort of thing.

Since they have higher scan and scan works out range, that means that they are also very long range ships?
>>
>>49590702
they're not THE high range faction but they're above average.
>>
>>49590702
Well, not really, I'm afraid. Their scan range is 2" more than UCM and scourge, so they have a small advantage but it isn't much. The long range faction is the shaltari, with a scan range 4/6" more than other factions' (and lower signatures to boot).
>>
>>49590720
>>49590734

Right. I imagine 'Longest range' + 'Highest armour' would make them ungodly annoying to fight.
>>
>>49590734
The slightly higher scan hopefully compensates for their slower movement. (as effective range is basically move + scan, not counting enemy signature)
>>
>>49590575
It should be noted that PHR ships are also versatile.

For example, their troopships are basically heavy cruisers with troop landing capability, whereas other factions have to sacrifice weapons for that bonus. Their strike carriers also have bombardments capability. They have the only frigates in the game with burnthrough lasers and launch capacity.

PHR are the 'expensive but pulls more weight' faction.
>>
File: Needmoreships.jpg (8KB, 236x185px) Image search: [Google]
Needmoreships.jpg
8KB, 236x185px
>tfw you realize you will never have enough ships and should have done another LT pledge to supplement your addiction.
>>
>>49591608
See, this is why I probably wouldn't have actually saved any money had I backed the kickstarter. My lack of self-control would see me getting all sorts of battlecruisers I don't need and whatnot. At least this way I can add to a fleet as I paint it and decide what I actually need next.
>>
>person asks for a scan of the rules onna facebook
>gets told off and that piracy is a crime
Good thing we aren't like that, right guys? :^)
>>
>>49591739

Well its true. With the KS you could get around 1200 points worth of ships for a faction it ended up being a great deal because of the extra cruiser and frigate goals we met. One more starter set would have been a nice.

However, there was really no way of knowing this at the time. It would have been too big of a risk especially if things went south with the KS.

Also my fucking commodore order is coming and I will have to paint my own fleet, my bros PHR, and then still have a left over scourge fleet I won't know what do to with lol. Buying more would have just made the mountain of plastic even larger.
>>
>>49591865
>Also my fucking commodore order is coming
Where are you?
>>
More facebook stuff, and a question.

Vallejo's model color Intermediate Blue is the same as the model air U.S. Intermediate Blue, correct?
>>
>>49592027
Yup, the model air range has the same colours as the model color, just at a consistency more suited for airbrushing.
>>
>>49592068
Awesome, thanks anon!
>>
File: UCM_Battleship_Beijing3.jpg (65KB, 796x247px) Image search: [Google]
UCM_Battleship_Beijing3.jpg
65KB, 796x247px
>>
>>49592949
Is it just me being unobservant or are there no ship classes named after British cities? It's a British company, after all. I'd expect a London-class cruiser or something.
>>
>>49593217
They're either saving it for the dreadnought, or just trying to not play favorites.

If you notice, the UCM doesn't have a Hawk class gunship in DZC.
>>
File: DFC variations cruiser.jpg (193KB, 852x768px) Image search: [Google]
DFC variations cruiser.jpg
193KB, 852x768px
>>49593217

I suggested a few when I was photoshopping some other variants.
>>
Anyone got alternative PHR schemes in mind?
Not sure how keen I am on the default.
>>
>>49593249
literally who
>>
>>49593266
Technically speaking, those are some of the most well-known places in Britain, anon.
>>
>>49593266

They're all fictional towns from english soaps and comedies.

Which one you consider Port Vale to be depends on your opinions of how their seasons going year.
>>
>>49593283
literally where
>>
>>49590515

>PHR BTL are a bit meh

The PHR BTL is just a cobra laser cut in half to fit on a small prow hard slot like the Ajax or frigate.

The ships that have two of them have a full cobra laser on top of combat cruiser weaponry, like the Hector or Bellephron
>>
>>49593392

When you say cobra cut in half, does that mean (3) damage limit, or just 1 attack?
>>
>>49593610

Both.

That said, they do come on frigates.
>>
Looking forward to the London class Dreadnought
>>
>>49593835
And the PHR's Lancelot and Merlin classes.

Struggling a bit for British names for the other two though. The scourge Loch Ness Dreadnought? The shaltari Crown Jewels Dreadnought?
>>
Anyone know how bombers, CA weapons, and PD/Fighters work?
>>
>>49593610

Both, interestingly they still had flash last time I checked, which makes the BTL frigates quite good at putting spikes down on the enemy if they can hit
>>
>>49593933
Nah, the PHR will be something like the Jason class.

For Scourge, maybe the Demiurge or Titan class?

Shaltari might be something like Gold class.

>>49593942
>CAW
Can only be fired at targets within scan range. The target ship rolls a number of dice equal to its PD score against every attacking CAW profile. a 5+ is a successful PD save, and one successful save may be used to nullify a CAW hit, or two may be used to nullify a CAW critical hit.

>Fighters
Add a certain PD value to their target ship

>Bombers
Make CAW attacks against a target ship
>>
>>49593942
So, this is based on older info, don't yet know how stuff might have changed in the final rules. But:

>CA: Only usable in scan range. Roll to hit as normal, with crits as normal on a roll 2 higher than required (e.g. 5+ for a 3+ lock attack).
>Defending player rolls as many PD dice as are on their ship's profile, plus any fighters (see below). Success on a 5+, one success takes out a normal hit, two success can take out a critical hit.
>Any hits after PD than force armour saves/crits do damage.

>Fighters are a token that can be assigned to a friendly ship, granting a bonus to PD depending on race (e.g. +3PD dice for a UCM fighter token).
>But each fighter token can only be used against one attack, while a ship's intrinsic PD can be used against every attack. (Whether this has changed is one of the big things we don't know.)

>Bombers are tokens assigned to enemy ships. Roll to hit as for weapons, then face PD.
>Don't know if you do all bombers on a ship in one go, or each carrier's bombers go separately, in terms of PD.

>Fighters, bombers and torpedoes can be assigned to ships within their Thrust value, or double their Thrust value for next turn. (Again, that may have changed.)

>Torpedoes are immune to PD, incidentally. Can be shaken on a 6+ if you go Max Thrust or Course Change, otherwise you just hope it misses.
>>
>>49593942
Gonna be putting down what I'm aware of, might have aspects of it wrong.

CA weapons are the best understood. They're weapons you can only use within your scanning range. In addition to that weakness, opponents can use their point defence numbers as a way to counterattack CA weapons. You roll dice equal to your PD value, and every 5+ removes one normal hit and 2 5+ together can remove a critical hit.

Bombers act as a CA attack. I believe they can group together and deal damage based on the faction's stats. They can also be prevented by PD. So to give an example, a PHR carrier could launch 3 bombers, who would then fire off 1 2+ to hit attack that would do one damage each.

Fighters act as PD. From what I understand you cash them in if they're near a ship being attacked to add a certain number of PD to the defending ship's PD value. They are only added for one attack though. The obvious combo here is to use fighters for Bomber PD attacks, since bombers don't put a ton of shots out on their own and fighters usually add decent PD values.

That's what I'm aware of, part of it might be wrong or I might have missed some details.
>>
File: image.png (374KB, 808x528px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
374KB, 808x528px
>>49594081

>takes two PD hits to nullify a bomber crit
>PHR bombers crit on a 4+ with two attacks each
>>
File: The_treachery_of_abandonists.png (110KB, 403x521px) Image search: [Google]
The_treachery_of_abandonists.png
110KB, 403x521px
Daily reminder
>>
>>49594104
>>49594083

Ok I got it so far thanks!

Next question is with launch again. Seattle has a launch of 3. That means it can launch one fighter or bomber token up to three tokens.

Does that mean a Seattle can only have 3 tokens out at once. Or is it just three per turn? Are there unlimited fighters and bombers?

Can you remove tokens? Do they have to go back to rearm after a volley?

It was stated that fighters and bombers were OP before. I am not seeing how. Say a PHR ship launches 3 bombers. That is max potential damage of 6. They still have to travel to a target. Roll all 2s. And not be negated by PD. You are still likely to get a few hits in, but that doesn't seem any more powerful than a BTL.
>>
>>49594428
You can reach out and touch pretty much anything from a safe distance, and you aren't bothered by ships beaing sneaky and trying to stay out of scan+signal range.
>>
File: Mothership_concept.jpg (37KB, 400x904px) Image search: [Google]
Mothership_concept.jpg
37KB, 400x904px
>>49593835
I really hope we get some vertical ships.
>>
>>49594529

I was wondering if the Scipio or the non-KS version of the Leo would be like that.

Basically a Leo, as tall as the Leo is long.
>>
So I keep seeing people complain about ramming on the Facebook page, Kickstarter page, and other places. What's the deal?
>>
>>49594551

Autism.
>>
>>49594551
People seem to have gotten the idea somewhere that this is a hard scifi universe and so ramming doesn't fit in.
>>
>>49594428
They're unlimited, and there's no rearm/refuel mechanic, you just decide what your three (say) tokens do that turn. If unused, say a fighter that wasn't needed for PD, I think you just remove the token at the end of the turn.

I think the in-universe explanation is there are fighters and bombers being launched constantly, and there's loads of them just flying about. So when you tell some bombers to attack a ship they may not be coming out of the launch bays and going to the target ship, they may have been holding station somewhere and receive the orders for an attack run. The rules are a bit of an abstraction, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>49594551
Because they're plebes; take a few screencaps so we can laugh at them.
>>
>>49594568

Can you intercept bombers with fighter tokens?
>>
>>49594663

That's effectively what you do when you place fighter tokens down on a friendly ship that your opponent is attacking with his bombers.
>>
>>49594663
Think so. Hell, the fluff says you can send fighters against fighters to help your bombers get through. Don't know how that works though, assuming it's in the game.
>>
File: UCM_CruiserTroop_SanFrancisco0.jpg (110KB, 799x532px) Image search: [Google]
UCM_CruiserTroop_SanFrancisco0.jpg
110KB, 799x532px
>>49594698
>massive troopships capable of carrying 60,000 men
Well there's your numbers, thread.
>>
>>49588919
>>49588935
>>49588948
Yeah, carriers used to be rare in early/mid beta, but that was before total launch capacity was a thing -- that change happened over the summer -- from what we've seen the final rules will keep that format.
>>
>>49589816
>>49589997
during beta the launch limit was introduced and every ship had its strike craft # reduced
>>
>>49594754
For perspective, a full legion is 1 million, right?
>>
>>49594756
>Yeah, carriers used to be rare in early/mid beta, but that was before total launch capacity was a thing
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks admiral anon.

has your stuff been shipped yet?
>>
>>49594754

>60,000 into 92 Escape pods.

So, each of those pods must be able to carry AT LEAST 652 people.

Are there any pictures of the pods next to DZC infantry for scale?
>>
>>49594780
Yep, and according to the Avenger fluff a Legion is comprised of Cohorts, each being 1,000 men strong, so 1,000 cohorts per legion.

I wonder what the organizational structure is for a full legion is.

I'm going to go ahead and say that the base unit of a legion, at the very bottom, is a sub-squad of 5 men which are then joined into squads of 10 or 15 as needed.
>>
File: IMG_1968[1].jpg (177KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1968[1].jpg
177KB, 1024x576px
>>49594798
I don't think there are enough pods on that boat, anon.
>>
>>49594798
I still think that they would probably depend on using the bulk landers as 'escape pods' quite a lot since they are fully void capable. It's cheaper if nothing else.
>>
>>49594783
not yet :'(
>>
File: ships.jpg (621KB, 1949x712px) Image search: [Google]
ships.jpg
621KB, 1949x712px
sorry for potato camera but started on my PHR
>>
>>49594876
You're gonna put hot rod flames on those, right?
>>
>>49594876
nice! I was thinking about going red myself, glad its looking good! Difficult to tell by the picture, but it looks like you have a nice color blend going on there!
>>
>>49594847

Well, I can see how you could fit a fair few floors onto those escape pods, and each floor can probably hold, let's say 50 people? It's about 8 people wide, hmm, let's give those walls some width and drop that down to about 30.
So I'm eyeballing here, but let's give the pod 10 floors for 30 people. So that gives us an escape pod that can carry 300 people fully loaded.

So, that means that we need about another 110 escape pods for everyone in the troop deck to escape. Or, as you say, get in the Bulk Lander and try and fly out.
>>
>>49594928
thanks, im trying to give it a really small blend noting over the top

Painting these really make me want a battleship
>>
>>49595004

Any chance you can post the stats the battlecruisers Moth? I am curious about the Avalon and the Leonidas.
>>
>>49595157

For my part, I'm interested in the points cost for the Atlantis since I'm thinking of converting my Seattle into one to make up the points in my UCM fleet, since I only bought the Scourge Basilisk as a bolt-on.
>>
File: leo.jpg (131KB, 1312x984px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
131KB, 1312x984px
>>49595157
here you go
>>
File: avalon.jpg (113KB, 1312x984px) Image search: [Google]
avalon.jpg
113KB, 1312x984px
avalon, on a side note for UCM seattle is no longer rare just a normal Medium class132pts
>>
File: belle.jpg (121KB, 1312x984px) Image search: [Google]
belle.jpg
121KB, 1312x984px
now to post belle and ikarus as I love them so much
>>
File: ikarus.jpg (95KB, 1312x984px) Image search: [Google]
ikarus.jpg
95KB, 1312x984px
>>
>>49595466

Cool man thanks!
>>
>>49595466
>>49595483

So are all the Battlecruisers 195 points?
>>
>>49595466
>>49595483
>>49595498
>>49595515
Nice! Just out of curiosity, can you take pics of the Basilisk, Manticore, Scipio, and Mithril, if they're in the book?
>>
>>49595466
Wait. 10" thrust!?

ZOOM! :)
>>
>>49594428

>launches 3 bombers, can only do 6 damage total

They have a few advantages

First PHR can put out a ton of bombers while still spamming BTLs on their carrier battle groups so the BTL vs Bomber debate is null for them since they do both very well at the same time.

Second bombers, especially PHR bombers, are excellent at delivering critical hits at a F/S/R angle, while BTLs are strictly forward narrow. PHR bombers in particular are going to be excellent at punching through PD since PD only hits on a 5+ and requires two PD hits to nullify a bomber Crit

Third, cobra lasers are very strong main guns for a cruiser sized ship. They're quite good but as discussed in the previous thread, they have issues getting their target on angle once they're at close range
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 720x960px
>>49595466

>linked
>15 hull
>thrust fucking 10"

Worth every penny

>>49595483

>burnthrough 8, 4 attacks
Aw sh-
>bloom
It gets one round of shooting before evaporating

>>49595498

>180 points
>not rare

God tier

>>49595515

>115 points

Wonderful
>>
>>49595922

I am surprised the Icarus is so cheap. Isn't the Seattle 135? Their stats are roughly the same except the Ikarus has more guns and -1 launch.
>>
File: homeworldIMMAFIRINMAHLAZAH.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
homeworldIMMAFIRINMAHLAZAH.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>49595922
>It gets one round of shooting before evaporating
Leave it in a sniping role at the back of the field. At least that is what I'd do.
>>
>>49595979

Two half light broadsides and one less lay X versus 3 launch and a heavy gun battery
>>
>>49595922
>>burnthrough 8, 4 attacks
>Aw sh-
>>bloom
Slap a group of Limas in its BG.
>>
File: IMG_0089.jpg (581KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.jpg
581KB, 3264x2448px
This is my last batch of stuff for now
>>
>>49595922

Think of it more as a gun you have to go Weapons Free to use. Because there really isn't THAT much of a reason not to incur that Major Spike and toss a further 8 (!) 4+ shots downwind at the target.

Hell, at that point those railgun turrets alone should do about 3h1c tot he target. The Viper itself is actually pretty hard to math out, but I'm thinking around 6 hits, 4 or so being crits.

So, let's say around 7 points of damage after armour saves on a target. That's pretty good, should cripple just about anything that isn't a battleship, and hell it still might if you roll a little bit above average.
Full damage output of this thing is 16 after all, and the Viper has a very real chance of hitting it's max 8 damage output a lot.
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (589KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
589KB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_0088.jpg (629KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0088.jpg
629KB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_0093.jpg (576KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0093.jpg
576KB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_0083.jpg (667KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0083.jpg
667KB, 3264x2448px
Someone better save these to post next thread as we are getting near limit
>>
>>49595988

Due to the way bloom works and how low UCM scan ranges are, it's going to have a hard time shooting things while remaining out of return fire range

>>49596007

Same deal, even if the enemy has a minor spike, the Avalon will have one too after firing.

>>49596029

Yeah it'll hit hard and then immediately get blown up. Not saying it's shit, but it's a one shot deal.
>>
>>49596037
>>49596021
Neat!

With the Light Calibre Broadsides you get 12 shots. Do those all have to strike a single target? The Leonidas has Calibre (light) it seems worthless to shot a fucking toulon with 12 shots.
>>
File: IMG_0092.jpg (584KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0092.jpg
584KB, 3264x2448px
I feel bad that I dont see much use for achilles in PHR id rather just put the points elsewhere
>>
>>49596087
Don't worry, saving as we speak.
>>
>>49596106

That's a cheap as fuck torpedo
>>
File: IMG_0095.jpg (701KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.jpg
701KB, 3264x2448px
shaltari BCs now
>>
>>49596037
>>49596056
>>49596121
>it's entirely possible to build KS variants for both variants
Based Dave!
>>
File: IMG_0094.jpg (680KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0094.jpg
680KB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>49596089
>it's going to have a hard time shooting things while remaining out of return fire range
I was under the impression that once a ship gets into scan range of another friendly ship, any ship can shoot at it. Is that not the case?
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (641KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
641KB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>49596143
Not at all; ships can only shoot at a target if that target is within their scan range + the target's signature.
>>
File: IMG_0086.jpg (688KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0086.jpg
688KB, 3264x2448px
last one for now
>>
>>49595498
>>49595515
Thanks!

So seems PHR launch capacity is slightly down on others'. Seems fair given their fighters and bombers are slightly better.
>>
File: image.png (212KB, 390x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212KB, 390x750px
>>49596149

>8 scald 3+ hit 2 damage occulus shots

>>49596168

>full cloak
>also 8 occulus shots

No no no no nononono
>>
>>49596174
they need to buy more ships to get full capacity but the ships with launch capabilities are all good choices. Im gonna be running 1 bellerophon 2 ikarus 4 andromedas in most fleets
>>
>>49595466
The interesting thing to note about the Leo is that it 's the lights and the mediums that are linked, rather than it being the light + medium per side that are linked.

So Im seeing the best use of this one just drive straight down the middle and open up.
>>
>>49596168
Thanks again dude. Much appreciated.

Have the say, the manticore looks like a right laugh. And that was before I noticed the torpedo.
>>
>>49596174

They can just pop in a pair of escort carriers into nearly every battlegroup they have. Their launch capacity is deceptive
>>
>>49596149
>plasma cyclone
>4+, 4 attack, BTL(8)

>>49596168
Huh, so that's what those big pods on the Basilisk were supposed to be; big ass occulus weapons.

>>49596186
[laughing jellyfish]

It's awesome to see that every battelcruiser variant can be built in the KS hull.
>>
So, with the minos stats posted- what to people think is the better PHR battleship?

Same for their battlecruisers.
>>
>>49596149

>Gorebringer

Isn't that a Chaos Heavy Cruiser from BFG? I think I see clear to a Scourge ship naming method.
>>
>>49596250

I like the Hercules, the DMC is the way to go.

Of the BCs

Atlantis
Scipio
Basilisk
Ruby
>>
>>49596250

Double torpedo is fucking sickening and weirdly enough I think it's the cheapest method of being able to fire two torpedoes in one turn in the game. That and it's still no slouch in close combat.

The scipio is pretty fucking nice but the unexpected 10" thrust makes the Leonidas terrifying
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (650KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
650KB, 3264x2448px
also have some bonus info, these crippling effects hurt
>>
>>49596149
>A3+ HP 18
>Actually just as tough as a UCM battleship
Must not get hype. Must not get hype.
May have somewhat got hype.

>>49596168
And that's some delicious shooting for a sneaky beaky ship, it's putting out as many oculus shots as a battleship.
>>
File: IMG_0101.jpg (686KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0101.jpg
686KB, 3264x2448px
and some incentives not to group up too much
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 500x369px
>>49596347

>all I have to do to is roll two 4+'s on 2D6 to force at least two rolls on this table
>>
>>49596250

Crippling happens on hit, the Minos shoots D3+1 vortex missiles and they hit on 2's. Potentially 4 crippling rolls in one colley
>>
>>49596361
>Distortion Bubble
>uncontrolled reactor event
[scared]
>>
>>49595466
>Light Cal Broadside S(L)
>Light Cal Broadside S(R)
>Medium Cal Broadside S(L)
>Medium Cal Broadside S(L)
>L
>R
>L
>L

DAAAAVE
>>
>>49596361
just a note ships that start with less than 4 hull dont roll on the chart, any ship with more than 10 hull adds +1 to their roll
>>
>>49596305
>>49596322
>>49596456
I still think I like the heracles over the minos just as the DMC is a pretty reliable crippler that doesnt need to be in CA range to get the hits in.

BC wise, I'd probably take the leo because ludicrous speed, and because PHR having launch frigates means I'd probably be close to launch cap anyway.
>>
>>49596250

I think the Minos and Heracles are pretty much tied. The Heracles has got better striking power whilst moving up to engage, so for clearing a path for your Troop carriers, the Heracles will be better.
But for handling itself in a brawl, the Minos is better since it's crippling weapons are Forward and Sides and it's Torpedoes can attack from any angle.

As for Battlecruisers

>UCM
>Atlantis Vs Avalon
Avalon has more straight alpha potential, but Bloom will make it a massive target, the Atlantis is more multirole combining a Moscow's gunline and Hull with a Seattles Launch capacity and speed. For that I'd say the Atlantis takes it. There's always going to be the day when your Avalon cleaved a Demon clean in two, but for every one of them there's gonna be six games where it fired once, crippled a cruiser and then got taken out.

>Basilisk VS Manticore
This is tight. The Manticore is last piece of the Scourge Ships You Don't Want To Get Close trifecta started by the Stryx and Wyvern, and with a full cloak and stealth neither of those guys could close the distance as easily as the Manty. Plus it also has a fucking Torpedo because why the hell not.
So what does the Bassy have? Well. It has the ability to throw 8 3+ damage 2 attacks from it's front arc without taking a goddamn spike. That's about 3h2c, with a maximum damage output of 16, and thats assuming you stay at scan+sig range and don't close into scald range, which adds abour 2h1c onto the total before PD.
Then next turn it runs silent and fucks off at thrust 10. Honestly, both are great and with the "jaws" part of them the only thing that differentiates you can bet most people are gonna magnetise for swapping about.
>>
>>49596490
QUIET ANON
DON'T RUIN THE MOMENT
>>
>>49596509

Actually it's kinda neat to have a BC fleet carrier that can keep up with its escort carriers

None of them have to fly in any sort of direction towards the enemy, it might be one of the few legit kiting battlegroups in the game
>>
>>49596078
>The Platinum ass
>>
>>49596522
>>49596250

(continued)

>PHR
>Leonidas Vs Scipio
I'm sorry have you fucking seen the stats on PHR Bombers it's the Scipio no contest. I'd only take a Leo if I needed those 15 points elsewhere or I was already hitting my Launch assets cap.
A Vanguard Squadron consisting of a Skippy, a Bell and a pair of those Fleet Carrier frigates will be 10 Launch assets and an absolute stone cold bitch to deal with.

>Shaltari
>Palladium Vs Adamant

Well, this is tricky because we don't exactly know how Impel works. D6+3 Close Action weapons that ignore PD and hit on 3's should do about 2h2c on attack, with the normal CAW's adding maybe 1 more hit after PD if you're lucky.
On the other hand it's a pretty brutal bombardment weapon. So the Pally seems more like a utility vessel than a damage dealer, so maybe if there's a hole in your fleet that needs that kind of multirole utility then great. The only thing it's lacking at this point is a Mothership capacity. It is however the cheapest of all the Battlecruisers, barely more expensive than most heavy cruisers.
Prince Charming on the other hand, we get just fine.
Disintegrators give it broadside capability which most Shaltari ships lack, and those Particle Lances are pretty much the icing on the cake. I'd say the Adamant probably wins this, but Palladium is such an odd duck it's almost unfair to compare the two since they seem to have quite different roles.
>>
Moth, moth!

Could we see the Orion? It'd be cool to know if its broadsides are linked.
>>
>>49596875
they are not, ill do more photos of stuff later
>>
>>49596149
For weapons that almost seem an afterthought, those burnthroughs are seriously nasty.
>>
Minos is probably more general purpose than Heracles.
Scan range 10 is pretty good for the CAW Neutron Missiles, and you're still likely to get in a few hits even with enemy PD. You also can fire with full arsenal broadside, and open the game with two torpedos in the air which is amazing.

The DMC is still a better overall weapon, but that narrow arc is limiting.

The critical damage table is horrifying. There's about a 40% chance of gravity control failure, which means you've got a 20% chance of losing orbit whenever you take a single crippling result...
>>
File: black-hole-1-455007.jpg (62KB, 590x436px) Image search: [Google]
black-hole-1-455007.jpg
62KB, 590x436px
>>49596466
>>49596361
Incoming homebrew!!!
>The overload creates a miniature black hole on a +6
>The hole pulls all ships (launch assets included) within 6" if it 3" toward its center and reduces speed by 1/2
>Ships within 1" if the holes center fall into its event horizon and are destroyed.
>The Black hole begins to decay at the end of the next turn. on a 4+ the black hole decays. Add +1 to the roll after every turn.
>>
>>49597099
I can see that being a Shaltari special weapon, tbqh.
>>
>>49597042

Yeah, those appear to be two furnace cannons merged into a single statline.
Which seems to have had the effect of increasing the Burnthrough limit by a third on both, and adding a second dice to the alt-mode.
Statistically, I think that's the mode you should always be using 9 times out of 10, as I'd be suprised at it not scoring 3-4 crits every time all by itself. Then there's the Occulus Arrays which should score 3 hits and 2 Crits like the Bassie should. So, going weapons free should net you 5 crits and 3 hits on whatever you target on average.
That said, unlike when the Bassie does this, you haven't got any Cloak shenannigans to stop you from lighting up like a christmas tree. On the other hand, the Bassie doesn't have 18 hull and 3+ armour.
>>
>>49597287
Both those scourge shipps seem like prime choices to get a DMC shot right away before they get to murdering
>>
Rules Questions: Scald causes -1 armor. Is it permanent?

Caliber (X) means that shooting at X hull type is -1 to lock value?

What do minor and major spikes do? I know it inscreases you signature, but by how much? Do they stack? Meaning do you get a minor or major spike token, or is it just two states?

Seems like any ship can active scan, so what makes the Lima special?
>>
>>49597287
I can't get over the sheer shenanigans potential of the scourge battlecruisers. They look like so much fun.
>>
>>49597319

Too bad the Basilisk has a Full Cloak then isn't it?

Although with a Heracles on the board you'd probably take a Manticore over the Bassie, Silent run your way into Torpedo range and let corruptor do it's thing.
As for the Dragon, well, if you're facing PHR, you'd be mad not to take the Daemon and it's fighter support and double Torpedo loadout instead.
>>
>>49597354

You need more than 4 HP to active scan. The Lima has the detector rule which allows it to not only active scan, but to do it in addition to any other orders the battlegroup does
>>
>>49597354
>No
>Yes
>Increase the range by 6" per each level of spike. Yes they stack.
>Lima's can do it even if other ships in their battlegroup aren't, and ALL of the LIMA's can do it, mean two can put a major spike on anyone on the board.
>>
File: FacebookRules1.jpg (65KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FacebookRules1.jpg
65KB, 960x720px
>>49597354
>Rules Questions: Scald causes -1 armor. Is it permanent?
No, it is only for that specific attack for that specific weapon.
>Caliber (X) means that shooting at X hull type is -1 to lock value?
Yes.
>What do minor and major spikes do? I know it inscreases you signature, but by how much? Do they stack? Meaning do you get a minor or major spike token, or is it just two states?
A minor spike adds +6", and a major adds +12". Getting a minor spike while you have a minor spike replaces them both with a single major spike, and losing a minor spike while you have a major spike downgrades it to a minor spike.
>Seems like any ship can active scan, so what makes the Lima special?
Normally, only a single ship per group can active scan, but every Lima in a group can active scan at once. In addition, they can always choose to active scan rather than using whatever special order their battlegroup has chosen.
>>
>>49597392
I like that there are counters to everything, but at the same to you have to have a vague idea what you're doing to make it work.
>>
>>49597446

And an active scan is place a 1 minor spike on an enemy and a major spike on yourself when you turn ends?
>>
>>49597581
Correct
>>
New thread, commanders

>>49597614
>>49597614
>>49597614
>>
>>49596100

Actually it takes 12 shots exactly to do 4 damage on average to a 4+ save frigate.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.