[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Return of the Moffrence Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 72

File: 1475044506177.jpg (478KB, 1120x736px) Image search: [Google]
1475044506177.jpg
478KB, 1120x736px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign/

Because I wasn't going to wait another hour for it to hit page 10 just so I could post this. GLORY TO THE MOFFRENCE
>>
Gonna get into X Wing.

How are Tie Punishers, Decimaters, Force Awakens Tie Fighters, and Tie Defenders.
>>
File: tie-interceptor.jpg (77KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
tie-interceptor.jpg
77KB, 900x601px
>>49574547
>Tie Punishers
Big, expensive once equipped, pack a huge wallop, not really worth the cost unless piloted by Deathrain or Redline, because their abilities are really good
>Decimators
A big lumbering death-brick. It has pilots & a title that make it either a vicious turret-shooter or ram-o-rama
>Force Awakens Tie Fighters
A step above regular Ties, as they have all the same stats but a with a single shield point. They also have access to 2-speed S-Loop maneuvers and just as good of a selection of pilots.
>Tie Defenders
Used to be expensive and kinda crap, currently thanks to the Imperial Veterans pack they're the best single fighter in the game before you take pilots into account, in either gotta-go-fast-to-stay-alive /x7 or glass cannon /D forms.
>>
>>49574613
I should also say that Decimators have 3 crew slots to really fuck with the other squad.
>>
File: 1468657191114.jpg (261KB, 881x783px) Image search: [Google]
1468657191114.jpg
261KB, 881x783px
>>49574547
No experience with Punishers, and I haven't gotten to use my Decimator, but...

>TIE/fo: I personally enjoy using these over standard TIE/ln's. For a modest 3 points, you gain not only a shield, but target lock and S-Loops for added survivability. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I've found it can keep them up long enough to either get them out of the fire completely or pull another ship into the fight to save their ass. Their aces are fairly useful as well. Other than that, they fly like traditional TIE Fighters, and can also benefit from any abilities or conditions that specifically refer to TIE Fighters as a result.

>TIE/d: Like a slightly fatter TIE/i, the Defender is fast, mean, and still quite agile for its size. While it can't do 1 or 2 hard turns well, it has green straights all the way and a white 4-speed K-turn. The Imperial Veterans pack recently gave the ship a healthy boost in the form of two more pilots (I personally enjoy Countess Ryad, who can treat straights as K-turns), not one but two titles, as well as other goodies. As a downside, they're costly, starting at 28 points for the most basic pilot with the TIE/x7 title, but they're powerful ships to build a squadron around. They'll also draw a lot of fire, so be prepared to put that barrel roll action to good use.
>>
>>49574613
I've found the generic punsihers are good if you're flying them with jonus and careful not too overload them.
>>
Ok, from what I can tell Deathfire is how I wanted to run my Punisher, dropping bombs everywhere.

How do Defender's compare to Interceptors? Are they worth the points? I happen to love both their models, so it's no skin off my back if I go with one over the other.
>>
>>49574711
If Interceptors are high-end versions of Fighters, Defenders are high-end versions of Interceptors. If you want a Defender, run just one, and then support it with Interceptors or even Fighters. Two, or even three Defenders in a list is technically possible, but you lose a significant amount of power with each one lost as well, because they will be targets.
>>
which xwing list building do people use that gives younan image with all the cards laid out?
>>
>>49574824
One of the most powerful lists right now is 3 Defenders with x7 title
>>
How do I convince my group women can't survive in space? I mean, it's just science.
>>
>>49574858
X wing squadron builder can do it.
>>
>>49574824
I've had a blast running two Defender and a bomber (Ryad, Steele and Bren)

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!195:27,-1,-1:33:17:;193:-1,144,-1:34:17:;190:140,-1,-1,14,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=DDB%20Zoom%20and%20Boom
>>
>>49574858
Just to make >>49575540's post clear, the website is:
>http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build

Put your squad together, press 'Print', then select 'Display as cards.' Not all card images are available.
>>
File: Deckplans & Heads.jpg (272KB, 1375x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Deckplans & Heads.jpg
272KB, 1375x1049px
>>49575199
There are horrors in space that everyone shares anon
>>
>>49575742
>That picture
This can't be real
>>
>>49575698
Thanks.
>>
>>49575199
because they'll depressurize like everyone else?
>>
File: 1413818719104.jpg (537KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1413818719104.jpg
537KB, 2000x1125px
>>
File: CloneFlightSquadSevenVwings.jpg (237KB, 1568x992px) Image search: [Google]
CloneFlightSquadSevenVwings.jpg
237KB, 1568x992px
>>
File: paul_dainton_03.jpg (305KB, 1800x1242px) Image search: [Google]
paul_dainton_03.jpg
305KB, 1800x1242px
>>49577169
Poor V-wing, she barely gets any attention
>>
File: 1463868082264-3.jpg (158KB, 556x582px) Image search: [Google]
1463868082264-3.jpg
158KB, 556x582px
>>49574197
Holy shit that Braylen.
>>
File: v-wing airspeeder.jpg (239KB, 1475x1500px) Image search: [Google]
v-wing airspeeder.jpg
239KB, 1475x1500px
>>49577269
She certainly gets more than the OG V-wing.
>>
File: 1418317627953.webm (2MB, 941x400px) Image search: [Google]
1418317627953.webm
2MB, 941x400px
>>49577269
It's because she competes with the Eta-2, which admittedly is a very sexy fighter, for screen time.
>>
>>49577347
So, why is the Emprie phasing out all they old space fighters for crappy TIE? They Y-Wing and the Arc are two beast, and apart of beign cheap and nimble TIE are pretty meh and very squishy.
>>
So the Shadowcaster, is there any build out there that kind of shines? Everything I've seen just makes it seem so reliant on chance.
>>
>>49577429
Ties are way, way, way cheaper and easier to maintain/replace/produce.

>>49577438
Asajj w/ K4, fearlessness, gyroscopic targeting, glitterstim, and slicer tools is pretty solid all around.
>>
>>49577429
>TIE
>Crappy
Except it isn't. The TIE/LN, in the right hands, was the apex predator of its time. The Z-95 and Y-wing couldn't touch it, and the ARC was too expensive--hard to maintain due to all those moving parts, required three trained crew, plus an astromech. In a one-on-one fight, the TIE/LN beats Zs and Ys in nearly every piece of media where they can face off. Empire at War also showed that TIE/LNs beat Vs in 1:1 odds every time. On top of that, ANH showed that TIEs have a crazy rate of fire.

The cheapness is also a massive bonus. For the same price as a new X-wing, you get 5 TIE/LNs, and those 5 TIEs will statistically beat the one X-wing every time, barring outliers like Wedge. Credit-for-credit, the TIE/LN really was the most cost-effective starfighter in the galaxy.
>>
File: 1472550500267.jpg (370KB, 1500x1128px)
1472550500267.jpg
370KB, 1500x1128px
>>49577429
IIRC cost and doctrine changes. I believe the clone wars showed the Empire that it was more cost effective to field light fighters than heavier fighters even if you had a higher casualty rate. Also the TIE isn't bad, it mops the floor with clone wars era and crappy pirate stuff. it's just designed to operate as a screen for larger imperial elements or as a huge swarm.

>>49577313
>airspeeder
laughingareskoandgrint.jpg
>>
>>49577490
>Empire at War also showed that TIE/LNs beat Vs in 1:1 odds every time.
Mind you those were possibly undermaintained pirate V-wings but generally TIEs seem better.

And TIEs vs Headhunters/Ys/Starchasers can often come down to the opening ordinance volley. But after that TIEs generally have the edge.
>>
File: balls.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
balls.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>49577490
>The cheapness is also a massive bonus.

Good job anon, you shot down that TIE fighter... now go kill the other 71 that just launched from the stardestroyer
>sheeeeit
>>
>>49577490
I'd also bet 3 TIE/LNs beat 1 ARC handily, with the same crew and likely lower cost.
>>
>>49577429
Ubiquity in design also helps. Needing to maintain 20 disparate designs of varying ages, manufacturers, etc can be a huge logistical strain, especially on a scale as wide as the Empire's. Imagine being a Star Destroyer commander with 10 ARCs but only 1 Y-Wing (numbers are examples), requesting parts, and getting 10 sets of Y-Wing parts and only one set of ARC parts. And engineers that would need to know so many entirely different crafts.

Not to say that repairing a plain ol LN and a Defender are the same thing, but you can still have TIE Engineer who can at least maintain all of them to a good degree, even if he is (say) a Bomber expert rather than a Defender expert.
>>
>>49577599
>>49577628
And since we both spoke of logistics and cost:
If you need to make 10 examples each of 10 designs, they'd cost more than 100 examples of one design.
>>
>>49574547
>Punisher
Pretty good tanky heavy-hitter, but do NOT overload it. Any opponent with brains will want to knock out a Punisher before it uses all of its ordnance. Just give it a couple of explosives that you're fairly sure you can get use of in short order.

>Decimator
I usually have Commander Kenkirk with Ysanne Isard and Darth Vader on-board. Shit is pretty cash.
>TIE/fo
I love these. You can have a slightly more irritating version of the standard TIE swarm. If you're using any aces, make sure their ability has good synergy with the rest of the squad. If you have Omega Ace, for example, it's worth investing in a Fleet or Systems Officer to help get your Focus and Target Lock.
>>
File: 1434002315569.jpg (301KB, 1200x1800px)
1434002315569.jpg
301KB, 1200x1800px
>>49577490
>TIEs have a crazy rate of fire
Fucking this! I wish nucanon writers remembered this more often. The TIE fighters in Rebels, for example, are completely sluggish in both speed, maneuverability and fire rate.

Hell, going into shield-piercing machine gun mode should've been the secondary ability of TIE fighters in Battlefront instead of those awkward torpedoes.
>>
>>49577569
Anyone have that comic of the Empire conscripting random schmucks off the street to be their TIE pilots?
>>
>>49574547
>Tie Punishers
Big, heavy-Tie. Think of it like the Imperial version of the B-Wing, or K-Wing. It's big, it's fat, and it carries a truckload of ordnance. Unlike those other heavies however, Punishers rely exclusively on ordnance for their damage output. In that regard, they're a beefier Tie Bomber.

>Decimaters
The Empire's primary weapon turret. It serves as a nice centerpiece wall of HP for a fleet, a party-wagon, and as a limo for Palpatine and/or Vader when the shuttle is just too much suck for you.

>Force Awakens Tie Fighters
Awesome. They're what happens when a Tie Fighter makes sweet sweet love to an Interceptor, and has a shield installed. The dial is great, and adds some nice tricks to it. The pilots are all solid, even the cheap low PS aces. And there's a lot of fun shit you can do with these. 15pts gets you a solid low-end little filler ship. 18pts gets you an upgraded Crack-Black Tie.

>Tie Defenders.
With Veterans, and the standalone Tie Defender blister, this is probably the surest Empire version of "quality over quantity". They're mean, they have a bag of tricks, they mug school children for lunch money, and they can be built a variety of ways. Worth having, using, and trying out for sure.
>>
File: 1467945394518.jpg (569KB, 993x667px)
1467945394518.jpg
569KB, 993x667px
>>49578700
>>
>>49577628
The Tie designs strike me as one of the biggest examples of WW2 influence in Star Wars. They're so much like the tank designs from various nations, but notably german and russian. You have the base model chassis (T-34/Panzer IV) that got upgraded over time. Specialty vehicles were built off that chassis (SU-85, SU-100, OT-34, flammepanzer, Panzer IV/70, StuG), and all of them used the same basic parts that were interchangeable.
>>
File: here goes nothing.webm (3MB, 747x420px) Image search: [Google]
here goes nothing.webm
3MB, 747x420px
>>49578617
Every time something's flying it's really sluggish. Disney really like their ultra-smooth animation curves and it bugs the shit out of me. The original film had very slow flying largely because they used huge models that couldn't be flung around, which was mostly rectified in ESB & RotJ when they did a combination of using smaller/lighter models and much more practiced technique. They were still extremely limited in what kinds of maneuvers could be shown due to how hard it is to composite the two images together without it looking like paper cutouts, so they made up for it with speed.
>>
>>49577569
Reminds me of an EotE game I ran. Wanted to give the players a ship and sent them on a mission to capture a Decimator from an Imperial outpost. It was a relatively small gsrrison base, but still had 6 full squadrons of 12 TIEs each and a full regiment of Stormtroopers and a complement of AT-ATs and AT-STs. Basically informing them in not-so-subtle terms that a direct engagment would be a very bad idea. They'd have to use all their cunning, smarts and slicing skills to sneak in. And they did great at first, inciting locals to attack from the outside as a distraction while they snuck in and disabled the base's anti-air cannons. Then once they got into the Decimator and blasted off, I pointed out they suddenly had 24 TIE fighters on their tail(I made sure they got the info that two squadrons were kept on alert at all times). They got all pissy at me because they though it had 6 fighters total, rather than 6 squadrons of 12.
Needless to say, I had to fudge a lot of dice to get them out alive. They did manage to kill 4 of the TIEs, but I made it clear that the remaining 4 squadrons were all launching so they better cheese it before they got cocky.
>>
>>49574518

Hey Guys

I've been looking for a miniatures game to play and I keep hearing great things about X-Wing. I'm wondering how one gets set up? I don't know much about factions or such but I do generally like the Scum ships I've seen in my LFGS.

My problem is, whenever I go to my LFGS and try to talk to the people there and get them to shill me on X-Wing.... they promptly start trying to shill me on Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>49579262
And there goes Nora Wexley. Off to get her PTSD.
>>
>>49579604
First off, AoS is trash so I'd avoid it unless you have bros to play with.

Best way to start X-Wing is to grab a core set (or both) and some ships you like and go from there. Learn how to fly, how not to hit asteroids, and go. All the cards are on the various squad builders, so take a look and see what you want to get next.

If you like scum, grab most wanted for a nice introduction to the faction. That, a HWK, and a jumpmaster would be a solid start.
>>
>>49579613

Jake's in there too, I think he's canon now as well. He was mentioned by name on one of the official star wars pages
>>
>>49579683

I'm more of a Lorefag with games anyways. I'm not against general Warhammer Lore but I consider Age of Sigmar to be pure shit in that department so I have no interest in getting a force. And I've heard the rules are lame anyways.

Anyways, thanks for the tips. How much stuff do you normally accumulate for X-Wing? Will I need a lot of boxes and stuff?
>>
>>49579604
You need at least one Core Set (Original or Force Awakens). I recommend shilling some friends on the game and establishing a shared fleet that's kept at one person's house that anybody can contribute to and play anytime.

It's what I do. I have a shelf just across the room from me with every expansion in the game. Huge ships included.
>>
>>49579693
Yup!
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jake_Farrell
>>
>>49579735

I have about 10-11 fighters and one huge ship

I keep them in a tool organiser (intended for sorting out screws and stuff) they fit nice and snug and I've got space for probably another 5-10 fighters depending on size
>>
>>49577490
This is the shit I love
Plus imagine how much cheaper TIEs are actually once you take out the military spending inefficiency
>>
>>49579735
I've been playing since it started, so I have accumulated a lot. At least 1 of everything and lots of what I like (tie fighters, interceptors, bombers, Z-95s)

A normal game is 2-8 ships per player and the average is closer to 3-5, so not much really.
>>
Does anyone here play Armada. I like X-Wing, got couple of friends playing itm but i'm more into CapShip Warfare. Does Armada compatible with X-Wing in terms of balance?
>>
>>49579158
Yeah that's kind of a vibe that I was going for, but I was thinking of it more generally, and thinking of cars. Base chassis, with upgrades and specialty on that. Parts can be interchangeable, or at least a lot of them, layouts are familiar to engineers, and you have a unified "brand image" to any dissidents as an added bonus (in the Empire's case).
>>
>>49580038
>Z-95s
Why do you like that ship? I have flown it a couple of times to fill in the remaining points and it flies like a brick, the lack of boost or barrelroll is really bad.
>>
Is this too many points for a B-Wing?
>Keyan Farlander
>Stay On Target
>Enhanced Scopes
>Heavy Laser Cannon
>Mercenary Copilot
>B-Wing/E2

I was thinking of having something that could chill at Range 2-3 and just unleash Cannon fire.
>>
>>49580195
I think you could do fine with a Dagger sqdn. B-Wing in that role to save some points, and use other ships to keep the space around it clear. I've had a bunch of games with a HLC+FCS B-wing in the back pumping out shots, and it ended up alright because the HLC shot after the higher PS pilots burned off tokens.
>>
Ultimate Star Wars, courtesy of Scanon from /co/: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1Ev0h6J50-NcnhQQ2dYRmFoWjg?usp=sharing
>>
>>49580195
Keyan is actually not best suited to the HLC B-Wing role - with Stay on Target, essentially his entire dial sets up his ability. If you give him Advanced Sensors instead, he can perform an action before executing the maneuver that will inevitably stress him, allowing you to make a quick adjustment with Barrel Roll to help escape the enemy arc. If you bring him in after the merge, suddenly he's a nightmarish knife-fighter.

>>49580295 is right in that the Generic Dagger or Blue Squadron Pilots with FCS and HLC will serve you much better in the long-range role.
>>
>>49580195
If you take Keyan with Stay on Target, you go with Advanced Sensors. Enhanced Scopes is only good if you're trying to make generic blocker B-Wings (which are doable). Or you really want Deadeye Nera to always have her action for lower cost than Advanced Sensors.

Keyan can rock an HLC, but he becomes a disturbingly huge target at that point. If you go that route, take Biggs. Otherwise, leave the HLC at home, and trust in his awesome ability with just Adv Sensors and SOT. Toss Jan Ors on board if you feel like he needs a little bit extra survivability.
>>
>>49580180
It's cheap and so damn efficient. Rebel Zs unleashing missile hell and scum Zs pulling crazy shit with illicit upgrades is hella fun.
>>
>>49580195
Farlander with Opportunist is a good build, because you can get an extra die and provide the stress that you need for the ability, and do so without spending a whole mess of points. He does usually require someone to help him setup the shot- Wes Janson is the optimal choice, both because of when he shoots and what his ability does, but a couple of blockers can generally do the same thing if you haven't got Wes.
>>
>>49580364
Must also add this is just the character section, rest is coming soon.
>>
File: latest[1].png (6MB, 2362x3260px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
6MB, 2362x3260px
>>49580295
>>49580370
>>49580372
>>49580515
Thanks for the advice! I'm working with cards I actually own so I'm somewhat limited but I'll keep working on this build.
>>
>>49580515
The only problem with Opportunist Farlander, is that he's 1pt less than SOT+Sensor Farlander, and has none of the hilarious knife-fighting gimmicks. Plus he really needs Wes to make Opportunist work, as Keyan's at that spot where most pilots/aces will still have their tokens going.

My favorite use of Farlander was having him out knife-fight a Tie Phantom. Opponent was getting frustrated because Keyan was reacting to the decloak location and I was accurately fucking up the shots he was trying to get off. So finally he decides to use Intel Agent on Keyan, and looked at the dial to see... 2 speed K-Turn... and nothing behind or even headed into Keyan's backfield. He just looked at me and was like "What the fuck am I going to do with this?"
>>
Did the Expanded Universe ever touch on Force-Sensitive Planets?
>>
>>49580591
The two places to get "the Keyan Special", Stay on Target and Advanced Sensors, are the Outrider (YT-2400), and the E-Wing. Both are actually worth getting if you get the chance. The Outrider is a lot of fun. And the E-Wing, while terrible for a generic filler ship, has Corran Horn. And he's still one of the best Rebel aces.
>>
>>49580763
I have an Outrider actually. Love it!

I was actually thinking of a K-Wing next for dat Extra Munitions and Turrets.
>>
Should i buy Imperial Raider or Imperial Assault Carrier. I got recently in X-wing with a starter pack plus Imperial Ace pack and i want to play with some Big Guns.
>>
>>49581009
K-Wing's a solid choice as well. Extra Munitions is needed for any multiple ordnance build. But Guidance Chips is also needed, which (unfortunately) are only in the Jumpmaster 5k (marathon), and the Inquisitor Tie. Without the Guidance Chips, ordnance is pretty "meh" in most cases.
>>
>>49575742

This is why logistics are important, people. Don't accept deckplans that don't contain facilities.
>>
>>49581154
Do you like Tie Fighters, or do you like the Tie Advanced and Sheev?

The Raider is the bigger badass ship, and comes with Tie Advanced and the fix-cards the Advanced needs. It also has cool pilots for the Advanced, like Juno Eclipse. Plus it has Sheev! The Carrier on the other hand gives you two more Tie Fighters, some badass Tie pilots (Wampa, Youngster, Chaser), and has Agent Kallus.
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/30/life-undercover/

Looks like it's F&D not XWM so far today. Still, some interesting stuff.
>>
It should not be this hard to find their damn proprietary rpg dice
>>
>>49581262
Just checked Imperial Raider content. Looks sick, probably gonna buy it. But i can't get how does the ship act? Do you spend energy from aft to fire second time from fore or what?
>>
>>49581154
Might get more use out of the Gozanti honestly. It's cheaper and easier to field than the Raider, and it'll give you things that'll support your basic TIEs (as well as, surprise surprise, more TIEs)
>>
>>49581638
>Pantoran, Muun, and Gand
>Sentry is a lightsaber class
Sounds interesting. I wonder if one of the three will be a double force rating class like hermit/seer/sage
>>
File: dread34.jpg (264KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dread34.jpg
264KB, 1920x1200px
Man, I really want a Carrack upgrade in this style now.
>>
>>49581706
Speakingof dice, I'm working on a Discord bot, but doing it the Orokos way sounds annoying (and I'm lazy).
>>
>>49583389
Nice, I forgot to post half of it.
Does anyone call dice as like... their names? Orokos does it "XeY" whiere Y is the first letter of the kind of the die, but I'm thinking instead of... 2dA, having it just AA, since the amounts of dice are small.
>>
File: 1471952534068.jpg (342KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1471952534068.jpg
342KB, 1000x750px
Legends stormtrooper armor is often touted as being highly resistant to slug-based firearms, but are there any sources that give actual comparisons of its resistance to different calibers and ammunition types?
>>
>>49583552
no because space fantasy and science fiction authors aren't too great at guns and real world math
>>
>>49583552
Nope. And that's probably a good thing, because sci-fi authors trying to put IRL comparisons or numbers in their work never ends well
>>
>>49581638
Cool Muun, Pantorans and a reprint of Gand. I'm going to bet Zeltron too in this or the next FaD book.
>>
>>49583840
With a VERY few exceptions, which is the few guys who are massive gun nerds.
>>
>>49583921
Wait is this a Devaronian or a Zeltron?
>>
>>49584141
Devaronian. Note the freckles and the forehead circles.
>>
>>49584161
Yep I see it now. At first glance I thought it was a Zeltron.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px)
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
Question from an EotE player: How do I into identity theft in Star Wars?

Our group was recently backstabbed but good by a rich dude on Bespin, and we've taken it upon ourselves to destroy him. The initial plan was to just to turn him for his shady dealings, but I convinced the group that letting the Empire freeze his assets would be a terrible waste.

So now we're planning a heist to steal his jewels and shit, but I want to go bigger. We theoretically have his Banking Clan account number (we transferred our haul to him before he backstabbed us. It's probably a proxy, but we have a Slicer who can follow the money). How many more steps are there before we can withdraw all of his liquid assets as a lump sum of cash?
>>
Rebels Season 2 OST is out please post link to MP3 downloads thank you.
>>
>>49584141
>>49584161

Preeetty sure that's a Mirialan, due to the geometric facial tattoos.
>>
>>49584401
I was thinking that too. But in both Legends and Canon Mirialan only come in green or yellow flavors.
>>
>>49583921

It's about time Pantorans got printed. They've been used in the art resources since the very first EotE Core book.

Btw, anyone have any idea how Pantorans and Chiss are going to be explained, now that there are two, nearly identical Blue-skinned near-humans?
>>
>>49584330
You're probably going to have more luck asking over in the /co/ thread, assuming it isn't there already.
>>
>>49584462
Well in Canon Chiss are still from the planet Csilla in the Unknown Regions so... Just another blue skinned humanoid acclimated to cold environments. Maybe even subterranean too cause they still have red eyes.
>>
File: thrawn.png (953KB, 687x826px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn.png
953KB, 687x826px
>>49584462
Thrawn seems to have a really defined... skull line? I'm not sure what to call that.
>>
>>49584563
Bone structure. And I agree
>>
>>49584230
>withdraw all of his liquid assets as a lump sum of cash?
That's not gonna be possible; too many safeguards in place to prevent that exact thing to happen. And even if you managed to cash out like that, it'd be very easy to trace
>>
>>49577310
PS3 is the only problem (sort of, it's better for Seismic Torps), I should put Roark in and just cackle forever.
>>
File: Closeuptarkin.jpg (20KB, 270x365px) Image search: [Google]
Closeuptarkin.jpg
20KB, 270x365px
>>49584563
Is my minds fucking with me or does he look very similar to Tarkin-era Peter Cushing?
>>
>>49583840
>>49583670
Well, I suppose that's a double-edged sword for me. On the one hand, it's a relief nobody put down stupid numbers. On the other hand, I have no precedent on which to base sneeki-breeki writing. Blasters aren't exactly stealthy, and writing an ImpCom piece is going to be tough with regards to figuring out what sorts of slugthrowers and solid ammunition could be (reasonably) used to reliably, quietly put down a stormtrooper.
>>
>>49585328
>Blasters aren't exactly stealthy
IIRC there was a Legends story that involved blaster sniper rifles and weird crystals that made the bolts invisible? Mostly a tool for assassinations, not for regular soldier types.

You might do something with compressed-air weapons. Brian McClellan's Powder Mage series has these show up in the hands of people who are vehemently against the titular powder mages. They're supposed to be really quiet, which is something that regular weapons+silencers really aren't.

But otherwise, stormtrooper armor, depending on the writer, was either not far off from our current ballistic plate, or basically completely impervious to any projectile.
>>
>>49585328
You could always steal from Karen Traviss* and use Verpine shatterguns/pistols. Verps are murder on rails for armor up to and including mando Beskar'gam plus they are pretty much as silent as a modern day air rifle (except if you target survives a hit and scream his life out instead of slumping down all quiet like a good lad)

* Yes, yes i know mentioning her is inviting to get tarred and feathered around here. i still like her RepCom stuff.
>>
>>49585328
Purely my personal opinion, but I'd say that you'd want something kinda like a 9x39, but with more energy behind it.
The real problem is that reliably punching hard armor generally requires hi-vel AP ammo, which is not very conducive to suppressed use, but 9x39 is the closest RL round for what you're describing (that I'm aware of. Maybe something exotic like a hi-velocity large caliber round based on the QSPR/PSM system out of a pumpgun.
>>
>>49585434
This is as close to a Verpine Shattergun we can get with modern technology.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4ANd0NCQQ

It's missing the variable load setting (e.g able to shoot anything from machined rounds to large pebbles with the same accuracy) and the ability to fire multiple rounds in short succession with equal pressure for all shots.
Still a very nasty rifle though.
>>
>>49585434
Her first few RepCom books are fucking great.
Order 66 is pretty bad all around though, and her LotF stuff is easily the worst of that already terrible series.
Basically, Karen Traviss does decent-to-good stuff as long as she's working in a bubble, as it were. As long as her stuff is small-scale and self-contained, her annoying predilections aren't really noticable. But get her around galactically important plot, and she inevitably fucks it all up, like she did in Legacy of the Force, like she did to Gears of War, and like she did to Halo.
>>
>>49585434
Got sauce on that story? I'd like to read up more on it.

>>49585434
Aren't Verpine shatter weapons extremely fragile? Or am I remembering my RepCom wrong?

>>49585487
>9x39
The cartridge used by the AS Val and its variants?
>>
>>49585503
Yeah. As Skirata says: "Verps don't bounce". Still murder on rails for pretty much any type of armor.

A Verp shatter pistol punches through Clone Commando Armor in Hard Target, and Verps features heavily in Triple Zero and (i think) True Colors
>>
>>49585503
>Aren't Verpine shatter weapons extremely fragile
Yeah, they don't take well to rough handling.
>>49585503
>The cartridge used by the AS Val and its variants?
The VSS "Vintorez" marksman rifle is the "daddy" in that family with everything coming from it at the start, but yes.
>>
>>49585503
>The cartridge used by the AS Val and its variants?
Yes. The Russians have a fetish for subsonic AP rounds, and have a number of them, but 9x39 seemed most appropriate for the application you seem to be thinking of
>>
>>49585552
>>49585503
Kal Skirata uses a Verp shatter pistol in True Colors to gun down mando bodyguards. If i recall it punched clean through their beskar'gam (or at least penetrates the first layer and the meat inside)
>>
File: odst drop pod.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px)
odst drop pod.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>49585553
>>49585570
Well, I guess it's Space Slavshit for the next generation of Imperial Commandos, then. I can't see Jag or Boss approving procurement orders for Verpine weapons if the grunts are expected to handle hazardous environments, rough handling, and drop pod insertions.
>>
>>49585620
Of course, there's also the option of space .458 SOCOM with AP rounds if you feel american
>>
File: Bor Rifle.jpg (92KB, 872x350px)
Bor Rifle.jpg
92KB, 872x350px
>>49585620
Yeah Spess slavshit would be better than Verps when it comes to rough handling.

Speaking about the Verp, here's some curio for ya'll. The Verpine Shattergun's physical description was based (mostly) on the Bor Rifle,a polish bolt-action sniper rifle chambering 7.62x51mm NATO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bor_rifle
>>
File: z_95_green_squadron_by_brandx0.jpg (117KB, 1340x595px) Image search: [Google]
z_95_green_squadron_by_brandx0.jpg
117KB, 1340x595px
>>49574518

Currently planning a sequel trilogy-era campaign where the PCs are a mercenary starfighter squadron caught up in the First Order-Resistance conflict. What are some good ideas for missions/storylines?

(If it helps to know, I've got four players, all flying heavily-modified Z-95s from a surplus Gozanti carrier retrofit.)
>>
I need a real scan of Forged in Battle and a not shit scan of Savage Spirits.

GO! GO! GO! GO!
>>
>>49586035
>starfighter campaign
>four players in variable-geometry craft
>>
>>49586138
>starfighter campaign
>three players in variable-geometry craft
ftfy
>>
>>49585116
It's the sunken cheeks and high cheek bones, but yeah.
>>
>>49586049
no
>>
File: parenting.gif (488KB, 490x327px) Image search: [Google]
parenting.gif
488KB, 490x327px
>>49585328
I'd use something like a Squib Tensor rifle, set to British nanny levels and it just rips shit apart.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tensor_rifle

Probably not completely silent, but its not going to go BOOM either- and anyone wanting one, has to deal with Squibs which is essentially= fucking annoying

Either that or Muad'Dib them with some kind of ultra-sonic weapon
>>
When should we expect Heroes of the Resistance to come out by? It was initially supposed to come out today, did that shipping company going bankrupt delay it somehow? Also, how is Wave 10 supposed to show up before Rogue 1 releases in theaters?

I want that expansion.
>>
>>49586888
>It was initially supposed to come out today
That was just a rumor though.
>>
File: D'Gluss EF2-T Starpirate.png (54KB, 835x521px) Image search: [Google]
D'Gluss EF2-T Starpirate.png
54KB, 835x521px
Would this be a good Corporate Sector escort fighter?
I'm thinking something designed somewhere in the timeframe of SW Rebels and some CorpSec arms developer taking inspiration from the ARC-170 and applying them to more modern technology (TIE engines, better cannons and radiators that don't need ~50 hours of maintenance for ~4 hours of operation)
>>
>>49586984
And for you aircraft buffs out there i based it on the Douglas XTB2D Skypirate torpedo bomber.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_XTB2D_Skypirate
>>
>>49586888
>how is Wave 10 supposed to show up before Rogue 1 releases in theaters?
They're probably going to do the same thing they did last year. The U-Wing and Striker come out before the movie, but the rest comes out later.
>>
>>49586827
>Muad'Dib them with some kind of ultra-sonic weapon
That was the dumbest shit, and the single greatest thing about that film that pisses me off as a fan of the book. The Weirding Way is super martial arts through complete control of the body. It is NOT stupid boxes that turn shouting into death rays, that's fucking retarded and completely out of tone with the rest of the setting.
>>
>>49587296
amen
>>
>>49587296
>the single greatest thing about that film that pisses me off as a fan of the book
And not the literal rain on Arrakis (read: ecological DISASTER) at the end?
>>
>>49587296
Hollywood will shit all over everything you love and you can always count on GW stealing the rest of Herbert.

Anyway, was thinking more along the lines of something like the Geonosian sonic blaster as an alternative to a 'not blaster' ways of defeating enemy armour and possibly a variation thereof which isn't audible to most peoples and species.
>>
>>49586035
Both sides are offering the same contract: the location of the map to Luke Skywalker. Give it to both of them for double the reward!
>>
>>49583020
Even Fractalsponge can't make the Carrack look very good. It's the ugliest spaceship out there, right up with the Victory.
>>
File: dTlYnoG.jpg (174KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
dTlYnoG.jpg
174KB, 1600x1584px
>>49587802
>Victory
>ugly
Too obvious anon, try some subtlety.
>>
File: vsd11.jpg (81KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vsd11.jpg
81KB, 1600x1000px
>>49587802
He's working on a Victory
Looks promising
>>
>>49587904
I'm sorry, anon, adding boxes to the sides of an ImpStar just makes it look like shit.
>>
>>49586035
Cadre duty is always a classic, especially if you want to throw them a non-fighter adventure
>>
>>49586035
Send them to the one place that scares fighter pilots more than any other.
Squadron Officer School
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MF0Nki4_azk
>>
So the ARC is clearly the new hotness. Are there rules for using them in Heroes of the Aturi Cluster yet? I want to bounce Imps and impress my friends.
>>
>>49577490
So the TIE is essentially a space MiG-21?
>>
>>49588685
Based on the WWII inspiration for Star Wars as a whole, it's more like a Space A6M Zero.
>>
I have a bit of a fanfiction related star wars question, and you're the only ones worth asking:
If Anakin had walked away from the Jedi (for actually good reasons) near the end of the clone wars, do you think obi-wan would have followed him? Would Ahsoka? Any of the clones?
>>
>>49588711
Obi-wan, yes. (In fact, the Obi-wan and Anakin comic is about how if Anakin had left the Order early, Obi-wan would have left to train him as well.) Ahsoka, yes. Clones is from the wrong perspective, their allegiance is to the Republic, not to the Jedi. If Anakin joined the Republic Army as an independent, he would have gained rank pretty quickly.
>>
>>49588711
If the council found out about padme and told him he can't be part of the order anymore and decided to walk. I think Obi-wan would be able to let go and talk to ahsoka who would leave if it weren't for Obi-wan. Anakin had a close relationship to Sidious who would still try to sway him to the dark side but keep him as a general due to his past service and close ties to his clones.
>>
>>49588711
Ahsoka, in an instant. Obi-wan probably would, depending on why, but since you said a good reason, most likely. The clones would be interesting, it would really depend on what he planned to do after leaving. If he was going to stick around as a soldier of the republic, I could see something like the 501st "being discharged" from the GAR and immediately returning as a "newly raised" regiment under anakin's command (assuming he lost general's rank when he left the Jedi. If he didn't, literally nothing would change for the clones). Otherwise, they'd stay in the army, but I'd expect some of them (Rex almost certainly, a decent few others probably) might seek him out after the war
>>
>>49588711
Either way it definitely would have been better for the lad. Get that stress off his shoulders.
>>
File: Empire Build.png (1MB, 780x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Empire Build.png
1MB, 780x1344px
Thoughts on this build?
Three-way game and I know for certain that Rebels will use ARC and Scum will use both new ships.
>>
>>49589152
Shit, forgot to explain:
The Inquisitor will stay close to the Shuttle, who can consistently do green maneuvers and pass target locks and consequent evades that can be juked.

TIE/sfs have a lot of red maneuvers, so I want Backdraft to be able to barrel roll before maneuvering to increase my chances of getting someone behind him. Epsilon Leader will stay close to clear Backdraft's stress and stay defensive with the sensor cluster.
>>
>>49580052
I play Armada anon. Dont bother asking around here though.
>>
>>49583020
I really don't like the nose or how few barrels the bumps have. (Also how they don't look like they can close.)

Also don't like the rounded engine exhausts.

>>49584462
The EU hasat LEAST four, Chiss, Pantoran, Wroonian, and Omwati.

>>49585611
The gun itself is delicate as fuck.

>>49585497
She needs a tight leash, and small scale with NO access to characters she doesn't like.
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg (68KB, 300x473px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon.jpg
68KB, 300x473px
>>49589552
>NO access to characters she doesn't like
Even characters she likes aren't safe.
>>
Have a Hutt looking thing.

>>49589569
That was Denning's idea, not hers. Same with that Drizzle guy and Chewie.
>>
>>49589152
>>49589176

This is the weirdest hodge-podge of ships I have seen in quite a while.

Why have a whole 20+ point ship for the purpose of giving Inky target locks/evades when PTL does the same thing for 3 point (you don't get the juke it is true but 3 points vs 21 is a fair trade for that, especially as when the bomber dies as they are want to do you are out of luck).

The same thing goes for Epsilon Leader where you are spending points on a whole ship when you are already spending points on an upgrade (advanced sensors) that pretty much does EL job for him. The sf's dial also really isn't that bad. Just know your limitations coming in.

So I'd say keep Backdraft and Inquisitor but work something else out for the rest of the points.
>>
>>49589592
>That was Denning's idea, not hers.
How much of it was really him, though? Was it his idea to make his death so unfitting and disgraceful?
>>
>>49589615
This *IS* Troy "Bugfucker" Denning we're talking about.
>>
>>49589638
True, but this is also late Legends Traviss. I get the feeling that at least part of the situation was on her. Namely, the part where Pellaeon's body was retrieved by Boba fucking Fett and the Mandalorians. I am still irrationally salty about that.
>>
>>49586984
I like it, it looks close enough to a Z-95 to be a kind of chinese copy of it too.
>>
>>49587935
Flattening and lengthening the bridge module seems like a really bad idea.
>>
File: 84b2616873afd3a241e3a96015502af0.png (783KB, 1070x609px) Image search: [Google]
84b2616873afd3a241e3a96015502af0.png
783KB, 1070x609px
r8 b8 h8? Relatively new to X-Wing, have boner for Firesprays
>>
>>49590562

Not sure you need the Mangler if you're going for Greedo. I'm not sure what you'd take those spare 4 points on though.

Ultimately I don't see anything completely nonsensical here, you might as well give it a go.
>>
>>49590562
New player here aswell, but why don't you switch Greedo with intelligence agent from the other ship?
I might be wrong but Greedo doesn't change hit into crit. So if you roll crit and hit, the crit gets resolved first and since it's the first damage card it gets turned face up by Greedo's ability, which it would have even if he wasn't there. Unless I'm completely wrong.
>>
>>49590920

No. Crits work in the opposite of what you just said.
You ALWAYS deal normal hits before you resolve crits.
>>
>>49590920
>>49591063

So, to explain further, say he hits a Y-Wing without shields and get's 3 hits with his mangler. He turns one of them into a Crit with the Mangler effect. His opponent flubs his one evade dice.
So he's dealing 2hits and 1 crit.
First he resolves the normal hits, the first one he deals is face-up because of Greedo, the next one is face down. He then resolves his crit.

So that's a total of 2 face-up damage cards and one face down.

Now, if he'd only rolled 2 hits (which the mangler then converts to a crit) and his opponent had rolled an evade, that means that he wouldn't use Greedo because he's already dealing a crit.
>>
I got to play another game of Rebellion last night. Would you Moffs care for a story time?
>>
File: The Moff.jpg (40KB, 426x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Moff.jpg
40KB, 426x360px
>>49591464
Dark greetings, fellow Moff.

Tell me your tale, I am listening. Perchance, are there any whaladon sashimi snacks on offer?
>>
>>49591464
These are always fun, but I won't be around to hear it.
>>
>>49591464

I am off the opinion that the Rebels have it seriously easy compared to the Imperials, who literally have to dot every I and cross every T as the single smallest mistake is a hole big enough to redeploy your rebel base through.
>>
>>49591555
>iterally have to dot every I and cross every T as the single smallest mistake is a hole big enough to [collapse your entire civilization]
Welcome to Empire, take a seat between Caeser and Napoleon. Someone will take your complaint in a moment.
>>
>>49580180
Most other ships in the game can be described as follows: "Its like a Z-95, but with..." The very basic nature of the Z is kind of charming. You get the feeling that this used to be Hot Shit waaay back, but not quite up to snuff anymore. It is quite satisfying when you manage to take down, say, a Tie Advanced with a humble Z.

As has already been said it is also very cheap, so it is easy to fit into an existing list. It also lets you add a missile or an illicit upgrade very cheaply to your list.
>>
>>49591521
>>49591523
>>49591555

>Be Empire
>Rodia and Sullust subjugated, Saleucami, Mandalore, Mygeeto controlled
>Rebels have Naboo, Bothawui, Mon Cala
>Rebels starting with Mon Cala
>I don't have Corellia to start
>Split in 2 chunks: death star and ISD on Saleucami, bulk of fleet on sullust, smattering of garrisons
>Rebels take Utapau, draw objectives, sabotage me
>Focus on getting production up, Vader moves in to Corellia and Sheev takes it, Tarkin builds ISD right away, Tagge removes sabotage and draws project
>Bad starting planets but I at least match the Rebels in cap ship production
>Pick up Yularen, he gets Luke
>Focus on getting projects and production
>Rebels recruit Mustafar, start building a fleet on Utapau and Naboo, sends Luke to Dagobah, continues sabotage
>Tarkin removes sabotage and builds another ISD on non production turn, Tagge draws projects (superlaser online!), Sheev solidifies control of Sullust, Vader moves to Saleucami, Yularen starts spyshit and gets probes
>Recruit Boba, they get Han
>Rebels start some shit, Luke sends a fleet to hit Sullust
>my dudes have better things to do
>accordingtomydesign.jpg
>debuffs his fleet, gets run off by superior imperial navy
>Rebs try sneaky shit, draw objectives
>Boba tries to capture Dodonna, gets run off by Han
>Vader moves to Felucia with death star and good sized fleet
>No base
>need Mon Cala on production turn
>byeFelucia.jpg
>Planet destruction turns Mon Cala neutral
>Yularen sends a token fleet, Sheev takes it over
>Put my last ISDs on the build queue
>Ran out of ISDs to produce
>[Imperial March intensifies]
>>
>>49591768

>Recruit Ozzel, he gets Obi-Wan Steve Ben Larry Kenobi
>He drops 2 Mon Cals on Naboo to link up with the Dagobah fleet, puts ton of dudes in the base
>Drop 2 ISDs on Corellia, fortify everything
>Luke hits Sullust again, manages to destroy an ISD before I can retreat
>Objective scored
>Rebels sneak shit, draw objectives, sabotage, take Bespin
>Vader leads counter attack on Sullust, runs Luke off
>Ozzel moves in to subjugate Bespin
>Rebels spark an uprising, barely managed to throw off imperial shackles
>Capture Leia on Mon Cala
>Yularen does spyshit on heavily crowded rebel base, draw fuckton of probes
>Reikan redeploys bulk of fleet from base to Alderaan
>Build again, drop more ISDs to reinforce
>Have a handful of missions for captured leaders
>Luke hits Coruscant, runs off token fleet
>He has that objective
>Could try and send a fleet, but it's just barely stronger and I could just bring a bigger one next turn
>Start moving to surround Coruscant
>Leia gets interrogated by Vader, kill one of his objectives
>Leia gets interrogated by Yularen, gives up 3 systems and 1 must be the base
>Kashyyk, Mustafar, Endor
>If you won't serve the Emperor, then perhaps she will
>Leia turned
>Send a decent fleet to Kashyyk
>Not the base
>Draw Endor at end of turn
>I have you now
>>
>>49591986
>Leia turned
Wait you can do that?

That's awesome.
>>
>>49591986
>Scores objective for holding Coruscant
>3 turns to win
>Recruit Jerjerrod, he gets Chewie
>I know he's on Mustafar, but don't want him to slip away
>Reinforce Sullust, Cato Nemoidia, Coruscant, Saleucami and death star
>He fortifies alderaan and naboo
>Rebels engage in diversionary tactics, spark uprisings on various systems away from mustafar and sabotage to bait me
>Hold steady, let them exhaust themselves while I position to jump on Mustafar at once
>Start second death star on Dagobah
>Draw superlaser
>Liberate Coruscant with second largest fleet
>He scores for holding a region
>2 turns left
>Build last of my ISDs, drop both on Sullust and rest around Alderaan
>Huge fleet on Alderaan and massive base on Mustafar
>I use Jerjerrod to search my projects for one that lets me get the death star out early
>I assign Tarkin to superlaser duties
>Rebels prepare to move the base
>Dodonna and Alderaan fleet goes for Coruscant, fights me off it
>Vader retaliates from surrounding systems, fairly even fight (2 ISDs, swarm of ties vs 2 mon cals and a group of Ys and Xs)
>Even fight, rebels flee to Alderaan
>Not an important battle, just trying to draw Luke out
>Rebels draw objectives, Chewie leads a wookiee uprising on Kashyyk
>Jerjerrod finishes the death star early, drops it in the Sullust fleet
>Han destroys my production
>Gotta win now
>Sheev invades Mustafar with the largest imperial fleet
>3 ISDs, 6 ties, assault carrier, AT-AT, AT-ST, 4 troopers, death star
>Luke counters with base fleet
>2 corvettes, 6 fighters, lots of ground forces
>navy sweeps through, crushing the rebel fleet
>ground battle is intense, rebels barely pull out a win
>>
>>49591986
Let me guess how it ends: You can not bring up the Death Star from the other side of the map quickly enough. The rebels have a strong enough fleet to stall your advance to Mustafar until the game ends.

Unless you manage to pull off something sneaky, of course.
>>
>>49592555
>Sheev monologue
>All has transpired according to my design, young Skywalker. Your sister serves me now, your pitiful fleet is shattered, and your rebel base cannot hold out forever.
>You're overconfidence is your weakness, emperor. My friends have cut you off, diverted your support. You may have my father and sister, but I am a Jedi and you will not have me.
>Return of the Motherfuckin Jedi
>Luke takes out Sheev
>Rebels win at the end of the turn
>Vader, conveniently already on Coruscant with his new apprentice, Leia, enacts the final phase of his plan
>Forgive me, my son
>The Death Star destroys Mustafar and the rebel base
>Vader overlooks his new empire
>All too easy

I love this game
>>
>>49592579
>Your not you're

Fucking autocorrect. Kill me.
>>
>>49592579
Killer ending! I had no idea you could turn Leia.
>>
>>49592714
Thanks!

You can turn any captured leader. I had one game where Mon Mothma got turned on me. They put the pacifist in charge of the death star to be extra dicks.
>>
Which of the FFG SW RPGs are best?

I have the Edge of the Empire Core, but none of the others.
>>
>>49592892
They're the same game (to the point where you can mix and match them almost as you please), just with different flavors.
>>
>>49592805
>>49592579
>>49592555
>>49591986
>>49591768
Holy shite I NEED to get my hands on the Rebellion board game. As a hardcore Rebellion pc game fan it seems to tick off all the strategic angles i loved in the pc game
>>
>>49592892
Edge of the empire is the most useful/can cover the most types of star wars games, but Force and destiny if run well is in my opinion the best.
>>
This is a bit of a longshot, but does anyone remember those star wars books that had you build a character and go through all the adventures they plotted out for you with dice and stuff? I could never find the ones that let you build your guy, so I always had to satisfy myself with just reading the latter ones where you go on an adventure.

And more hopefully, does anyone have a link to all of them?
>>
>>49593135
The sourcebooks all look like they're focused on specific classes. Are they worth getting if you're not interested in the said class?
>>
>>49593041
It definitely scratches that grand strategy itch. Plus, for me, it's a great way to create stories, what ifs, and generally have a blast geeking out and quoting star wars. It's especially fun doing Sheev voice in the flgs next to all the x-wing players.
>>
>>49593467

Possibly, they all have new weapons, equipment and vehicles in them which can be interesting and useful to anyone - but primarily they're for players and GMs either interested in running a career or something like it.

Also F&D books have new Force Power trees in them, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>49593467
Most are, as most contain a solid amount of info that people can use like race/gear/plot hooks and unique mechanics. Special modification comes to mind as a must have, it has a ton of gear and crafting rules that anyone can use. Some of the sourcebooks are regional books which are worth picking up if you are running a campaign in that area.
>>
>>49593527
Back in SWSE the general feeling was that if you were a force user during the Empire's reign, you had to be incredibly careful lest you have Inquisitors sent after you. How does Force and Destiny get around that?
>>
>>49593587
... The same way? I mean, it's in the setting, not in the rules.
There's no "threat meter" or such, it's just the GM going "alright, you used your lightsaber in public, be aware that now there's gonna be someone hunting for you"
>>
>>49593587
Largely up to GM discretion and competence, but Force-sensitive PCs are generally less powerful than their d20/Saga counterparts, so maintaining opsec is generally even more important.

Unless your GM decides that it's cool to go pink mohawk, anyway.
>>
>>49593587

You have to be incredibly careful lest you have Inquisitors sent after you. And you'll have a very bad time.

Of course, if you're not doing Knight level (stronger starting PCs) you don't start with a lightsaber so you have a bit of time to like, build to "redblades are on your ass". But yeah, they're out there. It isn't fun.
>>
Apparently Heroes of Resistance are coming out this week?
>>
>>49593874
The rumor mill says that every week, and yet it's still "On The Boat."
>>
>>49581223
>mfw just jumped on a K-wing
All i need are two ARCs and fun begins
>>
Apparently the Alderaan "cruisers" are about the same size as the CR90. My excitement for them in Armada is dampened.

Damnit Star Wars, you will never be consistent about sizes and ship classifications. Guess they use the classical age-of-sail definition of a cruiser
>>
>>49594074
>Guess they use the classical age-of-sail definition of a cruiser
that's what I've always figured. it's also the only explanation for the staggering size differences between vessels labeled as cruisers
>>
>>49594074
>Guess they use the classical age-of-sail definition of a cruiser
They seem to do that generally, which combined with their dislike of using the term "battleship" just serves to confuse things further.
>>
File: Untitled.png (212KB, 1168x327px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
212KB, 1168x327px
New player here.
Would you anons like to give me their opinions on this? I have wanted to try out seismic torpedos, but with those my options with the third ship are very limited.
I'm not exactly feeling it with that A-Wing either though and Wingman doesn't seem that great for it either.
The idea is that Poe and his mom fly close to eachother, that's basically all. Third ship could either go along with them or flank, with the A-Wing it would most likely flank, so that Wingman is kinda useless for him, maybe.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!175:18,-1,148,187:39:20:;205:56,-1,29,206:41:-1:;31:54,72:7:15:U.56&sn=Only%20true%20men%20bring%20their%20mother%20to%20their%20battles
>>
>>49593874
Stop believing rumors
>>
>>49594074

Yeah, even the Anaxes system is a little ambiguous.

But basically, those Alderaan hammerheads are probably like the Consular class or Arquitens and are "light cruisers" - general purpose ships which are not super huge. The C90 and other Corvettes are typically "gunships" the smallest class of warship and not technically capital ships, and which may not be assigned main "battle" duties. The description of a cruiser in AoR very closely resembles wikipedia's definition of a Cruiser during the age of sail though.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 279x180px
I'll try again.
Anyone figure out costs and such for the ARC-170 in Heroes of the Aturi Cluster yet?
>>
File: Empire Build.png (948KB, 922x937px) Image search: [Google]
Empire Build.png
948KB, 922x937px
I'm kind of divided on Maarek Stele's EPT. Should he have Calculation to capitalize on his pilot ability or Veteran Instincts so he can Tractor Beam a target for Inky?
>>
>>49594683
I've just been playing it like the B-Wing.
>similar statline
>astro/aux arc vs cannon/system/torps
>no roll

Thane's ability is baller in HotAC
>>
What FFG RPG Book had an NPC Houk Brute? I remember seeing it but can't find it...
>>
>>49594891

Me and a friend have been wondering about the potential of Snap Shot with Backdraft.
>>
>>49594972
There's nothing to consider. You can't fire secondary weapons out the aux, snap shot can never be modified, and you can't attack again that phase after using snap shot.
>>
File: houk and weequay.png (2MB, 2205x2873px) Image search: [Google]
houk and weequay.png
2MB, 2205x2873px
>>49594965
Lords of Nal Hutta.
>>
Offtopic but I figured you guys may know better than most. I'm struggling to find a place to watch the non re"mastered" versions of the original trilogy. I'd like to stream it.

There seems to be a despecialized version but it requires an blu ray copy of the remastered version and they're not getting my money for those.
>>
>>49594074

Also, apparently there's at least one variant of the A-Wing which has a backseater. I wonder what that guy does
>>
>>49595335
I have them on VHS.

I haven't had a VCR in about 8 years.

:(
>>
>>49595335
You can just torrent the despecialized editions.
>>
>>49595311
Sweet thanks.
>>
Honestly aside from Han shooting last and blinking Ewoks the "canon" version of the movies ain't bad.
>>
>>49595346

Cockpit doesn't look any bigger compared to previous A-wings on Rebels, so maybe a backseat is always an option? Maybe the seat is optional and you can stuff cargo (EG: survival supplies) there?
>>
>>49595551

Either way, I welcome extra seats on fighters, good for budget transport and for when you gotta steal a ship to escape.
>>
>>49593260
Try checking out Star Wars Missions, Star Wars Episode I Adventures, and Star Wars Adventures, all from Scholastic. They're probably what you're looking for.

And I actually tried to download them a couple years ago, but had trouble finding anything except for scans of the cards.
>>
File: Grandma A-wing pilot.jpg (69KB, 625x268px) Image search: [Google]
Grandma A-wing pilot.jpg
69KB, 625x268px
>>49595551
>>49595559

What sort of shenanigans could you do with a crewslot on an A-wing in X-wing?
>>
>>49595335
I torrented the despecialized versions, it wasn't hard. Might need some searching for the link, but I found it on KAT back when so it wasn't an ordeal or anything.
>>
>>49595601

Break the game over your knee for a start. We're talking about a ship that already has access to double EPT's, adding a crew slot to that is just nuts.
>>
>>49595551

Well, most rebel fighters do actually have stock of consumables and some decent storage space. An X-Wing can hold like, 110 kg for example.

It also has different markings than the normal ones, so it might also be like, a trainer model designed to accommodate an instructor instead of normal cargo capacity. Phoenix Squadron needs to replace all those A-Wing redshirts somehow.
>>
>>49595645
Or you could just make it a title, so that crew and double EPT are mutually exclusive
>>
>>49595346
trainer model?
>>
>>49595794

That'd probably be the most balanced thing.

Tycho with Ezra or Hera would be an obvious combo. Sabine has some neat interactions although not great. Cassian and Arvel has some potential, as does Jake and Rey or Recon Specialist. Chewbacca increases your effective HP total by a third and makes your A-Wing as durable as a TIE Defender and Finn has obvious benefits for pretty much everyone.
>>
>>49595601
If the two-seater version is mod like B-Wing/E2

Tycho/Ezra "Critical Stress"
>Tycho, Test Pilot, Wired, PtL, Two-Seater Mod, Ezra

Jake/Sabine "Zoom & Boom"
>Jake, Test Pilot, VI, PtL, Two-Seater mod, Sabine, Bomb of choice
>add in Kyle HWK with Jan to trigger barrel roll
>>
File: trainer a-wing.jpg (32KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
trainer a-wing.jpg
32KB, 600x347px
>>49595755
>>49595797
>trainer

That'd be a good explanation, though for a dedicated trainer model, I would think they'd modify the cockpit area to give the backseat (where the instructor probably sits on most flights) better visibility.
>>
>>49595601
Tycho with PtL, Rage and Hera.
Enjoy a pilot which didn't get the memo about stress tokens and later on dies due to heart attack.
>>
>>49595514
Umm the new song in RotJ... Replacing the wolfman with stupid Rasta Lizard and Elephant Man... Pointless Jabba scene... I do really like the ESB Blu-ray Edition though.
>>
>>49595514
Han always shot last, the problem was that he didn't ALSO shoot FIRST.
>>
>>49585491
This guy is unsafe as fuck. I know this is swg, but always treat your weapon with the respect it deserves.
>>
>>49596251
Meh he's a redneck guntuber. Some of his stuff is good for a quick laugh. If you want a more serious guntuber i recommend Forgotten Weapons
>>
>>49594683
As a starting ship? Same as an X-Wing, 5 starting XP - based on the fact that it's a Y-Wing with one more health and one more firepower.

You could also gate it, due to its relative rarity compared to the X- and Y-Wings, as a ship you have to have PS4 to change to.
>>
>>49595973
>>49596023
>Jake Farrell with Kyle Katarn
>Jake Farrell with Recon Specialist
>>
>>49595514
CG vomit all over Mos Eisely and Jabba's Palace was noticeable on a recent rewatch. A digital elephant's ass did not enhance the experience.
>>
Is the pacifist Mandalorian stuff in The Clone Wars? How is it? Mandalorians are probably one of my favourite aspects of the setting and I'm hesitant to commit to watching the series if it turns out to be as awful as it sounds. I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised though.
>>
File: 1475350065519.jpg (113KB, 1224x918px)
1475350065519.jpg
113KB, 1224x918px
>>49596507
>>Jake Farrell with Recon Specialist
That's awesome too!
>>
>>49596547
It's in TCW, and it's handled in such a way that the pacifists are not universally well-received in-universe nor are they necessarily representative of the true majority of Mandalorians. IIRC, they're more of a political party and Republic puppet faction than the leaders of a unified society.
>>
>>49596640

They also have to basically be extinguished by the time of the Empire and replaced by Imperial toadies.
>>
>>49596862
>replaced by Imperial toadies
Well, that's most planetary governments in general.
>>
They're pacifists for about five minutes.
Like, they introduce the pacifist faction, and an instant later other mandalorians start screaming "we wuz warriors" and a terrorist belligerant faction comes out trying to assassinate the pacifists leader - note that such leader is actually a capable combatant, not just a bumblefuck.
Something like three episodes later (in that particular storyline) you'll have most of the mandalorian population acclaiming totalitarianism.
Gradual spoilers, keep going as much as you dare
The pacifists leader was Obi Wan's former lover
She gets fucking murdered in front of him by the leader of the belligerant faction
His name is Darth Maul
He gained leadership by savagely destroying the shit out of their former leader and making his own soldiers bow to him
Palpatine notices.
>>
>>49596903
Meant to reply to >>49596547
>>
>>49596640

Rebels also introduces the Protectors, who are mandalorians who don't associate with the homeworld and helped train the Clones, and stick to the "old ways".
>>
I wish Braylen Stramm had elite pilot skill.
I'd love to put Elusiveness on him along with Treepio and Artoo.
>>
>>49596903
tfw Sabine is Obi-wan's bastard
>>
>>49596990
How many nire sub-factions could the mando have? I really like the idea of the protectors for RPG reasons, they associate with non Mandos ?
>>
>>49597094
Sabine is a shit tier waifu. Seventh Sister, the Imperial Governess or the new Imperial waifu are miles better. No one tops Orange buttcheeks tough.
>>
>>49597117

Technically I think by the Rebels era, there's just Imperial Mandos, Death Watch and groups like the Protectors who are "respectable" mercs.

They've only been in one episode so far, but they seem willing to offer services for cash, at least. They also seem to have a sense of honor.
>>
>>49597140
Cool, I think my X-wing army will be based on them then, y-wings, z-95 and those mandos ships. I could make a respectable list with that? I don't care much for unique pilots.
>>
File: Starfighter_size_chart.png (234KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Starfighter_size_chart.png
234KB, 640x480px
>>49597138
>Ahsoka
>Even close to the best waifu
>Im-fucking-plying
>>
File: 1475203125132.jpg (16KB, 504x428px) Image search: [Google]
1475203125132.jpg
16KB, 504x428px
>>49597138
Seventh "/ss/" Sister was the best.
I'd let her do to me, many things some consider to be unnatural.
>>
File: Untitled.png (30KB, 148x158px)
Untitled.png
30KB, 148x158px
>>49597187
Updated that for you.
>>
File: 10.gif (83KB, 550x712px) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
83KB, 550x712px
>>49597187
Fite me.
Also Y-wing best wing.
>>
>>49597340
>Y-wings
>best anything
Best target practice, maybe.
>>
>>49597117
The wiki has a list of families, so you could use as many as you've got there or make up your own.
I've had one who was into mengele-style experimental medicine, while still being capable soldiers. I've also had a homeworld style tribe that lived in giant mining landships. I've also had Blackrocks who specialized in espionage and archeatech, and the mad mandalore's tribe who were just a bunch of thieves in smelly armor.
>>
>>49597355
Not even that, it's like shooting a stationary well-armored fish in a barrel.
>>
>>49597340
>Dboy
Get out
>>
>>49597355
Best at shooting down Soontir mother fucking Fel.
>>
FFG really shafted these guys, they were supposed to be incredibly tough against thermal and even blaster weapons. They just got a TINY amount of environmental resistance and not so great stats, and no unique armors for either Southern or northern varieties.
>>
>>49596002

The old Droids cartoon has two-seater A-Wings. Just got this from the /swco/ thread.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_7h7_d2BUtI
>>
>>49598809
>Revenge of Kybo Ren
>Legends had an Endor pilot named Snoke
How far down does this rabbit hole go?
>>
>>49598882
Kybo crystals when? ;^)
>>
File: Barriss was right.png (126KB, 1240x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Barriss was right.png
126KB, 1240x1750px
>>49597340
No way best girl is isis
>>
https://youtu.be/UiXf--t6oZE?t=6m45s

Man I really hope that guy is Soontir, it'd be perfect.
>>
File: The Rock eats a microphone.jpg (82KB, 621x385px) Image search: [Google]
The Rock eats a microphone.jpg
82KB, 621x385px
>>49599206
>that guy
>perfect Baron Fel
Anon, I think we all know who the perfect Baron Fel would actually be.
>>
>>49599278
nah man, this was just his heel intro where he slams a couple of jobbers and sells his new moves in his flashy trunks. we'll get him running into the heroes and then maybe we'll get a heel turn.
>>
>>49599206
Calling it now: Maul's legacy is the Knights of Ren.
>>
Bzzzzz
>>
File: AT-ACT_-_Fathead_-_Rogue_One.png (4MB, 2000x3050px) Image search: [Google]
AT-ACT_-_Fathead_-_Rogue_One.png
4MB, 2000x3050px
>>49599539
choom
>>
>>49599206
>Wicket Goes Fishing
Nice.
>>
>>49599539

I'm curious as to why the cockpit/fuselage area is elongated. Bigger engines? More instrumentation?
>>
File: eyebrows.gif (258KB, 500x554px) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows.gif
258KB, 500x554px
>>49599672
Marital aid.
>>
>>49599552
I could have sworn the AT-AT looking thing in Rogue one's trailer had chinguns, or is this a different one just for ...Cargo I am guessing from the brown box in the torso and the C in the name?
>>
>>49593041
Here's hoping it comes to tabletopia or something similar. There might even be a vassal module of it.
>>
>>49595365
You better pick one up now, anon. The last VCR manufacturer shut down last month. They're going to be impossible to find soon.
>>
So our !wookiee just punched out a tank.

I love you, tabletop games.
>>
>>49600124
>They're going to be impossible to find soon
Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. If old vidya consoles, Saab, and firearm repro manufacturers are any indication, VCRs and VCR accessories will probably remain cheap and accessible for quite some time.
>>
>>49600124
>>49600177
Worse comes to worse we can just move to Milwaukee
>>
>>49599539
>>49599552
Looks like the TIE Striker stole the AT-ACT's chin guns and is running for the border.
>>
>>49600220
And pay those fucks tons of money for a VCR repair that takes 4 years? Fuck that.
>>
Anyone got a torrent for Rebels S3 E1 and E2? From what's on IMDB they've aired but i can't find any torrent for 'em
>>
>>49600633
I stream them. Streams are easy to come by. For some reason, torrents are much rarer.
>>
>>49600633
Ep 1 mega:///#!A8sVUCib!rXFZRyNpIffXyMkUoXh1CSgX0CmKQXyb8vNGJe-c9Ow
Ep 2 (even though it says ep 03 because apparently whoever uploaded it counted the 3 minute recap as ep 1)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Zi6AEHfL5WbnNjTkRZdHpyOGM/view
>>
I have just returned to /swg/.

Tell me, how is the new season of Rebels?
>>
>>49599706
>Marital aid
And that was how Sienar discovered that typos can hurt everyone.
Or they receive a book or martial arts, hands up who gets that one
>>
>>49600824
I've been enjoying it. its been moving really fast, and is pretty clearly trying to set up conflict and problems for later in the season.
>>
File: ashigara-bueno.jpg (139KB, 437x401px) Image search: [Google]
ashigara-bueno.jpg
139KB, 437x401px
>>49600830
>typos
>Implying starships aren't the ultimate waifu material
Oh no, I typed exactly what I meant to type.
>>
>>49600824
Pretty damn great. Next week is Wedge.
>>
>>49599552
What are these renders from?
>>
>>49600830
Jokes on everyone, it was me. I understood the reference.
>>
>>49600959
I want to say rogue one trailer
>>
File: 92-92230_clean_large.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
92-92230_clean_large.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>>49600959
ILM renders, done up as wall stickers by Fathead as per the filenames (they also did em for TFA).
>>
>>49599539

So, what do we think stats for the Striker would be like in EotE?
>>
How much does a ship cost?
>>
>>49602541
n > 20000
>>
>>49595645
>break the game over your knee
If anyone played a-wings, that might be a threat anon. I think if you included a decent crew choice in the pack you could really get A-wings (and possibly B-wings) back into being ships that people give a fuck about. That's a good thing.
>>
>>49603074
What are some good cheap A-Wing builds? It is a fun ship, but not worth spending 30 points on for most lists.
>>
>>49603569

Chardaan refit Green Squadron Pilots are pretty neat, I think they come to 18 points
>>
>>49603569
>>49603074
Come on guys, the A-wing is about the only good rebel filler ship when you have 20-25pts left. Chaardan with Adaptability, Crack Shot and Autothrusters. Chaardan with Juke, Snap Shot. Proton Rockets, Crack Shot, Vet Instincts and Guidance Chips. So many options.
>>
>>49604068
For 25 points you can get a decent generic of almost any rebel ship. Getting a rebel ship for exactly 20 is harder.
>>
>>49604502
>>49604068
I thought I'd demonstrate my point with the following: eight versatile builds for the A-wing for 18-27pts, with three below 20pts. I'll detail each in this post.

A-wing #1 - Proton Rocket Man (24 pts)
Pretty self-explanatory. He deals up to 5 damage and can crack shot one of their defence away. A sledgehammer.

A-wing #2 - The Dogfighter (23 pts)
This PS5 all-rounder is survivable, and almost always hits for 2 damage.

A-wing #3 - The Booster (20pts)
Pair him with a lower-level pilot for great action economy. At 20pts it's a bargain to throw one in with some of the new low-PS Elites the Rebs are getting (Pava, the two ARC-170 pilots).

A-wing #4 - Nightmare Mode (20pts)
These things are a pest. If I ever have 20pts left over, I throw one of these guys in - they're worth their weight in gold. Run five in a list to give your opponent a brain hemorrhage.

A-wing #5 - A Good Trick (21pts)
I just like weird synergy.

A-wing #6 - AND IIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEIIII (18pts)
If you have a valuable ship with low agility park this guy nearby for Crit absorbtion.

A-wing #7 - The Bastard (21pts)
Due to timing shenanigans, Snap Shot+Juke is deadly af. Anyone getting in your front arc WILL take 1 damage.

A-wing #8 - Golden Sledgehammer (27pts)
He's pricey, but he hits like a mofucker.
>>
File: 0Agility.jpg (57KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
0Agility.jpg
57KB, 960x540px
Stat me.
>>
>>49604739
Dmg: 1d10, crit range 18-20
Unwieldy, slash, two handed
>>
>>49604783
Poor form. 3/10.
>>
>>49604739
>>49604809
SSD
Waifu: 2
Glam: 9999
Length: 8
Gun: 10
Durability: 6
Shields: 4
>>
>>49604739
Rocks fall: Everyone dies
>>
>>49604739
Super Star Destroyer

Fondor Shipyards Super Star Destroyer CL 40
Colossal (station) space station
Init -4; Senses Perception +6

Defense Ref 18 (flat-footed 18), Fort 74; +18 Armor, Vehicular Combat
hp 3000; DR 20; SR 400; Threshold 574

Speed fly 1 square (starship scale)
Ranged 25 heavy turbolaser batteries +15* and
25 turbolaser batteries +15* and
25 heavy ion cannon batteries +15* and
8 tractor beam batteries +15* and
25 heavy concussion missile batteries +15*
Fighting space 2x2 (starship scale); Cover total
Base Atk +2; Grp +86

Abilities Str 138, Dex 10, Con -, Int 20
Skills Initiative -4, Mechanics +6, Perception +6, Pilot -4, User Computer +6

Crew 280734 (skilled); Passengers 38000 (troops)
Cargo 250000 tons; Consumables 6 years; Carried Craft 144 starfighters, various support craft
Payload 50000 heavy concussion missiles
Hyperdrive x2 (backup x10), navicomputer
Availability Military; Cost not available for sale

* Apply a -20 penalty on attacks against targets smaller than Colossal size.
>>
File: 20161002_150141.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px)
20161002_150141.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Customising my Z95s today. Im kind of alarmed by how easy the guns come off. I just pulled them off, didnt even exert much pressure

I went with the micromachines because I found them for cheap, and they were roughly the same size as x wing miniatures. They have way less detail, but hopefully with a decent paintjob it should end up okay. If not Ill chop up the Z95 cannons and see what I can do with them
>>
>>49605132
How are you customizing them?
>>
File: 20161002_163301.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_163301.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>49605858

Oh yeah forgot to mention that

Im replacing the cannons, fitting them beside the missile pods. I was going to use the guns from the micromachines but they were too ugly and thick. So I just chopped the original cannons in half instead
>>
File: z95.jpg (31KB, 400x352px)
z95.jpg
31KB, 400x352px
>>49606037
That actually doesn't look bad. I like the Clone Wars/late model blend going on.

Eventually I'll get a spare to chop up and try this with, but I'm not ready for that.
>>
>>49606158

It reminds me a little of the E-Wing. I got my inspiration when my gf accidentally broke my first one (one of the cannons fell off). I thought it looked so much better without them, so I bought two more just to chop up.

It looks a bit more like it's own ship now

The swing wing variant looks fantastic though, it'd be a challenge to make though
>>
File: swx62_spread.png (599KB, 700x582px) Image search: [Google]
swx62_spread.png
599KB, 700x582px
I'm not sure about whether or not I'll get this, but there is something that caught my eye:
From what I can read, Bistan is going to be a crew version of the Mangler Cannon.
>>
>>49606730
6 (six) focus tokens, there is something fishy about that.
>>
File: swx61_layout copy.jpg (436KB, 900x630px) Image search: [Google]
swx61_layout copy.jpg
436KB, 900x630px
>>49606804
Not as fishy as FIVE TRACTOR TOKENS.
>>
File: Swx62-jyn-erso-crew.png (118KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
Swx62-jyn-erso-crew.png
118KB, 196x300px
>>49606804
This is why.
>>
>>49606846
one of the pilots has the ability to give tractor tokens to ships you bump into
>>
>>49606923
Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm not sure that we could have managed without you.
>>
>>49606846

Unkar Plutt: Ace Blocker.
>>
>>49606958
I mean, that's why it has so many tokens

it's not fishy in that case

the U-wing one is fishy as fuck though
>>
>>49600916
>Wedge

Who ARE those mysterious bloodstriped squints!?

https://youtu.be/UiXf--t6oZE?t=6m43s

(I really doubt it is who we think it is)
>>
>>49608255
>>49608255
New Bread
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.