[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Characters with terrible stat rolls in D&D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1439819894279.gif (2MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439819894279.gif
2MB, 350x300px
Greetings, elegan/tg/gentlemen. My group is starting a new campaign, so I rolled stats for my tielfling monk. We do a basic roll on each stat at 4d6, remove the lowest, with the result being final. Did well for everything else, but my Cha turned out to be a grand total of 4 (6 with the racial modifier).

How exactly does the substandard value of Cha affect a character? How do you propose to roleplay someone with limited Int, high Wis and 6 Cha? Is a tielfling with those stats more of a devil/demon and less human in apperance?

I guess we can chime in some stories of characters utilized their low stats.
>>
>elegan/tg/gentlemen

And this is what happens when you are low on Int, I guess.
>>
>>49574436
just play the character shy. insecurity = low CHA

>I guess we can chime in some stories of characters utilized their low stats.
SW Saga Edition Wookie Noble with Dex 4 here. this is terribly bad in a game in which firearms play a prominent role. so, instead, my char has become the skill monkey(-dog). next level I can buy a feat that allows me to use INT for AC, so there is a partial workaround there. still can't shoot for shit. but I have come to be fairly decent in melee now. overall, the char is shaping up at level 6.
>>
>>49574436

This is why in my group rerolling a stat that goes under 8 is pretty standard. Just running around and being immediately assfucked to hell by anything that imposes a CHA save isn't fun and will make the DM feel like he can't impose CHA saves because it's essentially the same as saying "fuck you" to the guy who just happens to have a -4 to his save.
>>
File: 1439335035328.png (431KB, 855x515px) Image search: [Google]
1439335035328.png
431KB, 855x515px
>>49574657
Makes sense to play a monk as a shy, sheltered individual. Thanks, friend!
>>
>>49574436
>rolling stats
>playing monk
Anon...
>>
>>49574436
Watching that Critical Role show, their druid has low cha stat, she plays it off as shy and awkward. Can't keep her opinions to herself, ruined an alliance with the thieves guild because she was NG and got all judgmental and snobbish.
>>
>rolling stats
No.
>>
File: 1448959248466.jpg (69KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
1448959248466.jpg
69KB, 600x452px
>>49574729
>not predominantly playing monk
>not becoming a self-made deity that kills people with a touch
What's your bench, brah?

>>49574751
Good suggestion, since I also plan on going NG. Will give it a watch for some pointers. Loved that DM in the Vin Diesel episode they did.
>>
Personally I think shy is lowballing it. A six is on the extreme low end of the human spectrum. You should makes this character unpleasant to interact with. If you go awkward don't play it as cut, rather extreme autism spaghetti. You could make him a that guy douchebag, or just plain weird. Just make sure people wouldn't want to interact with them.
>>
>>49574812
I like the show it's what's gotten me into D&D and browsing /tg/, from what I've seen most people here don't talk about it.

Matt Mercer is a story teller DM with large plots, so I guess people don't like him railroading the party so much.

But I find the voice acting incredibly entertaining.
>>
File: 1446723074116.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1446723074116.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>49574836
So you are telling me I have full liberty to go full chicken tendies yummy gummy for my tummy mode? You are on a slippery slope towards creating a monster, good sir.

>>49574839
Yea, I loved Mercer in the aforementioned Diesel one shot. Playing with a group of professional voice actors does have its perks, but he is a mighty fine DM to boot.
>>
>>49574436
Low CHA can mean various things: Shy, lacking tact, having absolutely no social graces, obnoxious, a snob. Basically anything that makes them falter in social instances.

I got a ranger with 7 in CHA right now, and he's also a inventor of sorts. With that in mind I made him very direct and brash, quick to point out bullshit despite the various social and tactical hazards. This has gotten my character kidnapped, several times, but it also brought some of my fellow adventurers in line because he said "That's bullshit, stop."
>>
>>49574436
Act like any /tg/ poster. You will be in the 4-8 range for most stats. You might actually get to around a 3 Cha if you act like some of the regulars.

Easy.
>>
>>49574657
>just play the character shy. insecurity = low CHA
Or rather...
Charisma is your personal force. Not how good you look, but how you utilise it. Hence why a 6 charisma barbarian can still be a delicious piece of eye candy, but would get rejected if he made any moves on someone.

Low charisma is about being awkward, devoid of any social abilities. You can still train yourself (through skills) but it just takes a massive amount of effort. You are just terrible at being around people, and whether that is because you are shy and insecure to the point where you can barely finish a sentence, or because you are a rude and dirty hobo who weaves dirty jokes into every sentence, doesn't really matter.
>>
>>49574436
What is:
> Point buy
> Complete reroll rule

There are ways to have avoided that.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.