[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 52

File: 1475188464018 (1).jpg (270KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475188464018 (1).jpg
270KB, 1034x775px
Cults stole the original defrolla edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
Nth for just borrowing the pdf real quick so bugs can eat your planet.
>>
As a new player with Deldar, what is so special about the Haemunculous coven book? I don't get it. What makes it special?
>>
Poll for the thread:

What is your preferred base for your army (Desert, Urban, Snow, Jungle, etc.) and why?
>>
>>49574207
brown dirt and green grass

because with everyone trying to one-up themselves in uniqueness, vanilla stands out the most
>>
>>49574202
They make dark eldar "viable" as an army, since they won't die to the insinuation of getting fired, since most armies will kill them before they get to do something.
>>
>>49574207
Urban because my group prefer cities to spam LoS blocking terrain and stop the waac fag in our group to stop playing gunline.
>>
>>49574207
Snow, because I love wintery battlefields. Also because it looks good with dark schemes.
>>
>>49574207
Muddy trenches, because my army is chaos renegades themed as basically WW1 in space with daemon robots.
>>
File: TOPTIER.jpg (648KB, 3301x3593px) Image search: [Google]
TOPTIER.jpg
648KB, 3301x3593px
WHERE IS THE RADICOOL VERSION OF GSC IN OPS PIC
>>
>>49574202

It's just Codex corpsetheif claw. That's all it is.
>>
File: Grimderp.jpg (233KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Grimderp.jpg
233KB, 1024x768px
>>49574154
I love all the tiny additions to that picture.
>>
>>49574207
I like snow and desert, though for my Crons I have a uniform primed sand with the top drybrushed over with necron compound to have a look as if the terrain is being converted into one of living metal.
>>
Is there like an imgur compilation of all the leaked gsc rules?
>>
>>49574355
primed black*
>>
>>49574362
just go to the archive of the last thread, it's all in there
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>49574325
>>49574225

Let's pretend I'm a new player and have no modes what you're talking about.
>>
>>49574362
>imgur
REEEEEEEEEEddit
>>
New to wamham, quick question: what's the power source for space marine armor? How about those jetpacks they use, do they just plug in and run off the existing power supply or are they their own thing?
>>
>>49574387
Then you should read the codex cover to cover.
>>
>>49574398
The reactor pack on their backs.

The jump packs are scaled up to provide more juice
>>
I'm collecting all the leaked pictures too assmble into a GSC rules PDF.
I'm just mising or can't find some of the formations so if anyone has these saved could you please post them.
>Lords of the Cult
>the first curse
>shadow skulkers
>cult mutants
>brood brothers.
>>
>>49574403

I have. I don't get what makes it good. It's a bunch of tough dudes who have get to melee to do anything. Why is that good? All you guys do is bitch about how melee sucks.
>>
>>49574428
That's the point of the nickname.
The entire point of the codex is just to deliver the corpsethief claw into melee.
>>
>>49574387
Basically, you avoid every unit on the vanilla codex and focus only on the haemonculli units, wracks, aberrations, Talos and spam the fuck of them, specially the Talos.
>>
File: 1474728305320.jpg (300KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1474728305320.jpg
300KB, 1034x775px
>>49574309
Save it for a rainy day.
>>
File: Mal.jpg (116KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
Mal.jpg
116KB, 600x857px
Posted this last night but it got lost inthe waves of GSC information:

Trying to work out my first Tyranid list (1500pts). I have 90pts left and a vague idea of good things to take, but I'd appreciate some input on which upgrades I can give them.
HQ

>2x Hive Tyrant (Wings, 2x TL Devourers) - 460

Troops

>30x Termagaunts, Tervigon - 195 + 120

>Hormagaunts (2 x 10) - 100

Elites

>2x Zoanthrope - 100

>2x Malanthrope - 170

Heavy Support

>Sporocyst - 75

>Trygon - 190

The idea would be to have a large OS blob moving up the field covered by the Malanthropes and with a little luck, the FNP power, then to bunker down with the Sporocyst while spread over a few objectives.

The Hormagaunts would be held in reserve and come out after the Trygon to contest objectives late game.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
>>
>>49574461
Truly the dawn of a new era.
>>
>The space around the Fatal Redress began to undulate and shimmer. Instinctively, ork and tyranid ships in proximity to it peeled away in all directions, seeking to put as much distance as possible from the wounded frigate. Sekor watched the vessel’s Geller field shimmer into being, as the space in front of it began to tear like a velvet curtain.\

>Entering into the warp, even in the most calm and calculated conditions possible, was still a feat that was rife with peril. There were reasons Imperial law dictated that jumps occur only at designated points in planetary systems. Even the most flawless translation into the Sea of Souls was a horrifying cataclysm, as reality was torn open to admit the departing vessel into the beyond. Emergency warp translations were nearly always absolutely ruinous to the space around them.

>An emergency warp translation conducted in the centre of a void battle was nothing short of apocalyptic.

>The Fatal Redress dived into the roiling psychic syrup of the immaterium, and those ships too close to the vortex were pulled in as well, ork and tyranid alike. Vessels further away collided into one another under the pull of the translation point, rippling with internal detonations before shattering in clouds of twisted metal and hissing ichor.

-LotDM "Deathwatch|"

This is for all the Gothic /v/ idiots who said that "short Warp jumps" mid battle are safe and are not lore breaking.

Turns out? It's incredibly dangerous to the ship doing it and everyone around it. It's not something you can spam like it is in the game.
>>
File: 0_61_070731_orangutan.jpg (17KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
0_61_070731_orangutan.jpg
17KB, 320x240px
any reason to not just spam flyrant allies with a GSC? Not much else to bring in from tyranids.
>>
>>49574442
>>49574455

So the only way to play Deldar is to buy one model a billion times that isn't even a dark eldar?
>>
>>49574535
Welcome to 40k.
>>
>>49574535
The only way to play with tryhard netlisters that it.
>>
>>49574486
>warhammer 40000
>consistent lore
You're equally idiotic anon, don't get into arguments about fictional settings, 40k like marvel and DC depends on how much of a duche bag the writer feels that day, don't forget that goto exists anon.
>>
>>49574497
Their artillery is nice if you don't want to run mechanized infantry
>>
anyone have a pdf of the apocalypse book?
>>
>>49574551

What if I'm not playing with tryhard netlisters?
>>
>>49574535
Yes, you can only play deldars as mad scientist and not as pirate lord or enchantress gladiator lady, otherwise you'll struggle even against other beginners.
>>
So what crackhead at GW figured that giving Marines a metric assload of free transports in formations was balanced? I've seen lists that shave nearly four hundred points by not paying for transports, and instead replacing them with grav flingers.
>>
>>49574497
biovores would be a good artillery choice.
exocrine or devourer fexs for firesupport are worth a look.
>>
>>49574560
Then you can just try anything, experiment.

Might win might lose.
>>
>>49574486
>Gothic /v/ idiots
you do realize that disengaging is something you do in the tabletop as well, right. It's an extremely important aspect of the mission and campaign systems.

The video game didn't create the idea. Andy C, overfiend of 40k made it.
>>
>>49574560
Then play what you think is cool, simple as that.

But put all your infantry in Raiders or Venoms, that's just a non-negotiable fact of life for Deldar.
>>
>>49574560
You can play with them, but pure deldars have probably the highest learning curve in 40k.
>>
Tfw when gw kits cost almost $50 more in Australia
>>
>>49574569
Not their greatest idea surely, the problem is that we have other meq armies complaining they didn't received the same treatment (specially csm players this days) but it's actually good that cancer haven't spread to other armies, I hope they take away that shit from marines and mechanicus.
>>
>>49574595
Move to another country
>>
>>49574609
I don't consider the free equipment for Mechanicus as cancerous as free transports, it makes more sense from a fluff persepctive.

Don't get me wrong though, it's still fucking busted and shouldn't exist.
>>
Rock grinder is the best middle ground between battlewagon and chimera?
>>
>>49574202
You literally just asked that in the old thread. Fucking google it.
>>
>>49574572
>disengaging is something you

It's not about cutting and leaving the battlefield.

There an anility in the game where a ship can do small warp jumps to teleport across the map. This is complete bollocks.
>>
>>49574554
>don't forget that goto exists anon.

His offending books were removed from BL years ago.

And don't cite inconsistencies when you cannot point at anything supporting your position.
>>
Just a quick question. I was thinking about two allied detachment for my GCult - tyranids and IG. Does that mean that tyranids and IG will suffer all the consequences from Come The Apocalypse ally rules when it comes to each other? I wanted to include broodlord hunting pack formation.
>>
>>49574662
Probably it isn't full transition to the warp anon, just let it go, is not worth it.
>>
>>49574662
oh, is there?

Yeah that's just videogame stuff. That novel text is exaggerating how bad warp travel is, though.
>>
>>49574674
What do you want from IG that you don't get from cults? The CTA rules wouldn't matter much with fliers anyhow.
>>
Still no Traitor's hate PDF?
>>
>>49574671
Why does this bothers you anon? Gw will probably make it canon anyways, just forget it
>>
>>49574674
yes. it shouldn't bee too much trouble.
I imagine you'll be infiltrating or outflanking the tyranids which ahouls keep them plenty far away from the IG units.
>>
>>49574643
It's how we've taught children to behave:
If you don't get an immediate (or desireable) answer, repeat it louder and anyone who dares telling you off is an -ist.
>>
>>49574687
I have tons of Necromunda cawdors and redemptionists I want to use as cultists and don't want them to proxy neophytes, because FUCK YOU GW FOR NOT INCLUDING HUMAN CULTISTS IN C:GC!!!!!!!!!!!!! So - Come the Apocalypse between tyranids and IG, even if they are just allies for the warlord detachment, right?
>>
>>49574677
There is no such a thing as partial warp transition. You either enter the warp or not.

>>49574680
>That novel text is exaggerating how bad warp travel is, though.

Not really. Multiple sources agree on how difficult and dangerous Warp travel is.

>>49574693
It hasn't, so I get to point out that it is bullshit. Like how in the game Abaddon took control over the Blackstone Fortresses without the Eye of Night and the Hand of Darkness.

The game devs have no respect for the setting's lore.
>>
Why does the ork gimmick have to be bs2? What's the point of a single shot rocket if it's bs2?
why do I have to pay 40 pts for 10 boyz to have 4+? I thought my love of the orks and their models and lore would carry me over but I think i'm gonna falter like Horus.
>>
>>49574698
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>49574690
Nope.
Everyone worth anything uses the epub or converts it themselves.
>>
>>49574706
So the skimdrive wasn't a thing even when it was in a codex?
>>
>>49574707
Kthxbai, remember to put your stuff up for international shipping.
>>
Hey /tg/, is Deathwatch Overkill any good as a standalone game? Been out of the hobby for a few years and thinking of dipping back in, the box looks like it's standalone with simplified rules. Is that true, and if so, how does it play if I want to use it to introduce it to folks that have never touched a GW product?
>>
File: 4502_genestealer.tyranids.jpg (308KB, 656x450px) Image search: [Google]
4502_genestealer.tyranids.jpg
308KB, 656x450px
>>49574707
I used to be like you

Then I heard the call of the spiral.
>>
>>49574727
Fuck you, i'm actually tearing up at this point. What the fuck am I supposed to do? I need legitimate help in this time of need.
>>
>>49574716
Skim drives are a Tau thing and they don't use it to enter the Warp.
>>
>>49574706
>Not really
yes really

Emergency disengagement isn't apocalyptic, beyond the normal risks you'd face taking a crippled ship through the warp.

And warp jumps don't pull nearby ships in, outside this one novel. That's what happens when your warp drive explodes, which is a little different.
>>
>>49574707
Do you want an answer or an excuse to argue and complain?
>>
>>49574736
Wait for GW to release a supplement for a formation that's made up of eight gorkanauts or whatever the fuck and the bonus is that if you let your opponent slip their finger in your ass you reroll reserve rolls or some stupid shit.
>>
>>49574736
Really?

No part of your post included anything anyone on /tg/ can help with.
>>
Servo-skulls do not work against Cult Ambush as Cult Ambush is not Infiltrate.

They are two different rules, which just happen to be similiar. It would be the same thing to claim that Run and Turboboost are the same thing.

They're both similiar, yet they are different rules with different names. Servo-skulls block infiltrators and scout, nothing more.

That's the factual end of it, anything else is just ones subjective misunderstanding and uncapability of reading and understanding the rules.
>>
>>49574736
Need help? Have faith, ork player.

Or you can use the GSC dex until a new corkdex is out (and this is coming from a chaos player) and count as everything;

neophytes - gretchins
acolyte and metamporph - ork boyz
stealers - choppy nobs
aberrants - don't bother
chimera & trucks - you already have these
russ - looted wagon
patri - boss
magus - weirdo
primus - gretchin enslaver
sentinel - tincans

Dunno anon, use your imagination. Or do drugs and worship slaaensh
>>
>>49574746
>And warp jumps don't pull nearby ships in, outside this one novel. That's what happens when your warp drive explodes, which is a little different.

Yes, they do. Creating a Warp vortex in a middle of space will create a force where previous there was nothing. This force will affect nearby ships.

>Emergency disengagement isn't apocalyptic

unplanned Warp transitions in unsuited spots within systems is very dangerous. You can't just enter the Warp willy nilly and expect everything will be okay.
>>
File: 300px-Myrmidon_Secutor.jpg (45KB, 300x498px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Myrmidon_Secutor.jpg
45KB, 300x498px
So I'm starting up Skitarii and wanted to get some ideas on fun allies to run with them. Fun and weird is welcome, I'm not exactly wanting to guarantee a win or anything just have fun and do fluffy or enjoyable things.
>>
>>49574707
Accept Orks are a collectors army and focus on that.

Play casual games.

If you can't enjoy that you should take a break or get out.
Before the numbness sets in
>>
Where are the current rules for the Baneblade?
>>
>>49574737
yeha they do. thats why they're called skim drives.
because they skim.the warp instead of going completely in.
>>
>>49574737
>Skim drives are a Tau thing and they don't use it to enter the Warp
You do know the skim driver is based on the imperial warp driver they discovered in the tau moon right?

The reason they don't go full warp is because they lack the necessary psykers to make the translation to the warp.
>>
File: IMG-20160929-WA0008.jpg (580KB, 1600x1276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160929-WA0008.jpg
580KB, 1600x1276px
So what is a Rogue Trader supposed to do exactly? I'm gonna be running my first RT session tomorrow and I'd like to know if this sounds correct for a Rogue Trader mission;
Coltan mining planet stops paying the imperial tithe and starts trading ores to the Tau, while claiming independence from the planet. Secretly there is a genestealer cult dominating most of the underhive, and the planetary defense force, comprised in its majority by cultists, escaped ten years ago to seek the children of the void. The doomsday is quite near since the psychic beacon of 9 billion cultists is quite big.
I'm planning switching to an only war/deathwatch game if my players want to.
>>
File: Warp jump.jpg (44KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Warp jump.jpg
44KB, 1024x768px
>>49574783
Cont'ed.

This is an Imperial Warp jump. Look at the hole. This whole drags the Imperials ships and anything nearby towards it as long as it remains open and then collapsed on itself in a reality warping manner.
>>
>>49574818
Shit I meant claiming independence from the imperium not planet
>>
>>49574792
escalation.
>>
>>49574801
>>49574803
My dear goodness.

Skim drives don't enter the Warp or interact with it. The Tau skim the void between reality and the Warp. Source is BFG.

And even the Tau skim drives cannot be used willy nilly. They must do it in certain points in space or they will risk being thrown off course of crashing into whatever.
>>
>>49574827
>This is an Imperial Warp jump. Look at the hole.
that's relic's interpretation of a warp jump

The rest is your own headcanon. The only thing that's certain is one novel presents information that runs counter to battlefleet gothic's version of the fluff.
>>
>>49574818
that sounds long overdue for exterminatus, what are you doing there?
>>
>>49574818
Find useful worlds, harass xenos merchants, make deals and trades imperial officers can't be related to oficially or even theoretically.
>>
Sometimes I feel like smashing all my orks because of the way you faggots make me feel.
>>
>>49574851
Relic and the Gothic game designers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJVq2kT0S8

And it's matches the description provided in the rulebooks and novels. The hole pulls the ships towards it and that's not headcanon (look at the video).

>l presents information that runs counter to battlefleet gothic's version of the fluff.

The TT or the video game? Are you citing in-game mechanics in a fluff discussion as fluff? Getting desperate here.
>>
>>49574859
It's you again, Kryptman?
>>
>>49574707
Play 3d edition then? Or just houserule, hell, pay some extra to upgrade the boyz to BS3, as long as you're not playing against tourneyfags or other no-fun WAAC spergs, who cares.
>>
>>49574832
Also in Mont'ka.
>>
>>49574888
Stop, just stop anon, no one here cared about this shit before you came here sperging about it, I want to talk about GSC hype and the future releases that might come, lore discussion always ends up as shitposting
>>
>>49574730
It's a assymetric dungeoncrawler focused on combat mission scenarios basically. On guy plays Marines and the other spams tons of cultists and ambushes to try to kill a couple of the marines.
It will probably be boring quickly once you've run through the scenarios a couple of times though, just like Space Hulk, but you could always make your own rules for new ones.

And either way you'll have models you can use in Killteam or regular 40k.
>>
>>49574461
They look so happy.
Why there must be only war?
>>
>>49574912
Ignore this post chain and talk about the GSC. It's one conversation among many in the thread. Stop trying to censor me!
>>
>>49574770
Wrong. Stop flogging a dead horse.
>>
>>49574818
They are Imperial Privateers.

So take the historical ones and replace foreign nations with foregn species, islands with planets and sea with space.
>>
File: a03313.jpg (236KB, 1500x864px) Image search: [Google]
a03313.jpg
236KB, 1500x864px
help me anons

what model would be a nice base for my ISIS-GSC army patriarch?

wanna use humans only

neophytes > cadians
acolytes > catachan
metas > catachan
stealers > catachan with cloacks

But i need something human and big for the patriarch.

Pic related for trucks
>>
>>49574944
Tallarns
>>
>>49574944
An ogryn?

Whfb Ogre kingdoms also has an ogre with headwrap and scimitar for "rending talon"
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
So im looking to get into 40k and have narrowed down my starter armies into either tau or necrons. i like armies with dakka and the aesthetics of these races (even though marines are cool, theres just too many floating around my FLGS). I already have 10 fire warriors and 2 drones (tau kill team set) so im guessing tau will be the cheaper army to build however im looking to get around a 1500 pt army with a budget of 400$ or so (i already have plenty of paints and brushes from AOS so its not factored)

Which army should I run?

With the release of genestealers how likely is it that tyranids will receive a buff? they were another potential army but i didn't want to be locked into flyrant spam.
>>
>>49574944
Turn a WFB Ogre into a fat greasy sultan with turban and all. Remember the finger pointing up. Give him a magic lamp or something for totally-halal psychic powers, I dunno.

For the infantry, get some of the totally-not Tallarns heads to make them look suitably kebab.
>>
>>49574859
The Imperium is unaware of the cult, and the world is key for the sector's welfare since it has a really elevated production
>>49574884
So... Shooing Tau then
>>49574941
Hmmm
>>
>>49574933
He's right you know. Servo Skulls wont affect Cult Ambush. Cult Ambush =! Infiltrate. And its retarded to say anything about fluff here either since even if you argue that it affects Infiltrate then it magically somehow doesnt help against Cult Ambush next turn?
>>
>>49574974
Necrons if you don't want people to give you dirty looks for spamming suits and riptide bullshit.
Doubly so if GSC is the new big meta-shaker, as Necrons are at least tough enough to not crumble when they get swarmed with ambushing cultists.
>>
File: Confused.jpg (27KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
Confused.jpg
27KB, 308x308px
>/tg/ said that Tyranids don't communicate to other races
>mfw the Genestealer Patriarch communicated with its attackers and warned them about the deception of the Inquisitor

Source the Genestealer Cults novella

/tg/ please staaph.
>>
>>49574978
And "relocating" exodites, bribing bad moons to go bother someone else, apropriating worlds and tech from lesser xenos races.
>>
>>49574999
Cults and tyranids aren't the same thing.
>>
>>49574786
maybe scions without any vehicles, just shocking small suicide plasma/melta squadss where they can have fun blowing things up....
>>
>>49574986
Cult Ambush is a variation of Infiltrate. Skulls affects them if you place them on the first turn as if they were infiltrating.
If you throw ambush out of ongoing reserves later, it does not affect them. Simple as that.
>>
File: gw-99810213009.jpg (81KB, 920x950px)
gw-99810213009.jpg
81KB, 920x950px
>>49574975
>>49574944
>>49574972
>>
Every guardsman in the imperium is issued a stormbolter. How much better do the IG do?
>>
>>49575004
The Patriarch is 100% Tyranid.
>>
>>49575006
Deploying via Cult Ambush =! Infiltrating

Stop being so damn redditbaby with your rules understanding.
>>
>>49575013
Far worse. Like, the Imperium gets wrecked.
>>
>>49575013
Worse, as the Munitorium will never be able to ship enough ammo around.
>>
File: 99810213012_ManeaterNinjaNEW01.jpg (38KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99810213012_ManeaterNinjaNEW01.jpg
38KB, 600x620px
>>49574972
>>49574975
>>49575012
thanks! and this one?
>>
>>49575018
I could say the same to you.
>>
>>49575018
So what's the point of rolling a 6 allowing you to charge if you can always do it?
>>
>>49574933
Nah, right. They're different rules. Simply how it is.
>>
>>49575021

>This order of magnitude better weapon will get them all killed!

Reason?
>>
File: 1475071981189.jpg (92KB, 312x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475071981189.jpg
92KB, 312x700px
>>49575038
>Units with this special rule THAT INFILTRATE
It's really that easy. You just have to learn how to read.
>>
>>49575006
No, Cult Ambush isn't "a variation of Infiltrate" - that's something you just came up in your head.

It's a different rule. Fact. Servo-skulls work against Infiltrate and Scout.

Is Turboboost a variation of Run? Is Feel No Pain a variation of Armoursave?

Yeah, didn't think so.
>>
>>49575048
Exactly, I wish you knew how to read. They aren't Infiltrating, but instead deploying via Cult Ambush.
>>
>>49574993
I wasnt planning on suit spam or riptide spam, the list i was theorycrafting used 2 broadsides and 1 riptide backed up by some crisis suits and pirahnas, the bulk of my force was gonna be fire warriors and some pathfinders. unfortunately i think the strategy will devolve into utilizing the suits more than the troops

are necrons an expensive army to build? the start collecting box seems really good but the canoptek units are a little pricey for how many people seem to run
>>
>>49575049
>>49575054
I'm going to enjoy when the FAQ proves you wrong.
>>
>>49575017
He is distinct from the hivemind and purpose built fir the job of infiltration and manipulation.

A hive fleet only broadcasts a blanket of fear and pain.
>>
>>49575063
I'll do the same when it's you who is wrong and GW decides it's not worth it to shut down a whole army with 9 points of wargear so some gunline playing homo doesn't feel insecure about having a hardcounter around.
>>
>>49575034
you need the 6 too let you charge out of reserve.
>>
>>49575049
Look, just try reading the text. It's super easy. You can read right?

If you infiltrate round one with Cult Ambush, you still infiltrate, Infiltrate is the main rule that Cult Ambush modifies to give them a different way of placing onto the board. You're still Infiltrating, Servo Skulls still apply. This is RAW, there is no denying it. You can sperg all you like, but that doesn't make you right.
>>
>>49575043
>Assault weapon heavier than a lasgun
>Solid ammunition
>Less rate of fire
Yeah, no. Maybe if the Imperium gets extra billions of stormbolters for no cost it would help a little, but investing into that and replacing lasguns with stormbolters is retarded.
>>
>>49575063
Oh the non-official FAQ GW releases that makes retarded statements like one-grenade-per-squad and Drop Pod doors?
>>
>>49575072
How many times have FAQ ruling fallen out in favour of the melee side?
>>
>>49575082

Yes, they are magically handed out for free. Did you not grasp the concept or something?
>>
>>49575072
Servo skulls do fuck all anyway, Just arrive turn two and then you don't have to worry about winning first turn.
>>
>>49575078
There is no "Infiltrating with Cult Ambush" - there are units that deploy with the Cult Ambush Special Rule, which is different from Infiltrate.
>>
>>49575100
They have to infiltrate in order to roll on the table.
>>
>>49575072
Jesus Christ, the army has just been fucking released, and the WAACfags are already sperging out in full force.
>>
>>49575072
win
>>
>>49575100
you are some kind of special, aren't you?
>>
>>49575107

>Taking an allied servo skull inquisitor with a boltpistol who spends the entire game huddled in a ruin in the corner doing nothing isn't WAAC
>>
>>49575043
Supply.

Bolter ammunition is expensive, labour intensive and requires solid logistics.

Lasguns can literally charce with on sunlight or campfire warmth.

Like how LRs are tougher and faster than the russ, but russes can easily be modified to run on wood or coal and ammunition can be adapted from most ordnance.
>>
>>49575100
>Can't even read a tiny paragraph
>>
>>49575078
Look, it's really easy. You just need to read the text. "Units that deploy or arrive by Cult Ambush."

They arrive or deploy by Cult Ambush, as described. They do not deploy by Infiltrate.
>>
>>49575117
Yes lets attack the person and not the argument, that's how I can go post on /r/atheism that I once again managed to win a internet argument with my enlightened intelligence.
>>
>>49575125
How are you deploying with cult ambush if you didn't infiltrate? You wouldn't get to roll on the table.
>>
>>49575107
Tryhard WAAC players are both cancerous and somewhat vital unfortunately. If they didnt try to find every broken strat and min max every little goddamn thing then its possible that really op stuff manages to leak into the main game without anyones notice and the ensuing powercreep ruins everything
>inb4 that already happened

WAACfags are like a net for the community, immedietly trying to break the game and ruining any chance of us having it so it doesnt ruin the entire game
>>
>>49575117
Apparently, it's special to possess the reading comprehension level higher than that of an ameba. Also, ad hominem.
>>
>>49575123

>In your "Stormbolters magically appear out of nowhere" scenario, where does the ammo come from?

Is this just one autist replying here or what?
>>
>>49575137
I understand your point but then again, I also understand how Hitler was kinda right.
>>
>>49575140
That would really only matter if steps were being taken to fix the broke shit that they take advantage of. As it is it's just powercreep that is bleeding out of the tournaments.

If there were no WAAC fags, then even if there was broke shit it wouldn't matter because nobody would be abusing it like they do.
>>
>>49575137
The prequisite is irrelevant. In the end the unit is deployed with Cult Ambush, not Infiltrate, as clearly stated above the table.

You can counterargument aslong as you like, it's stated there in black and white and there is no way around it until the end of time and space.

They deploy with Cult Ambush, not Infiltrate. This has already happened before the Servo-skull would do it's magic. There is no one deploying with Infiltrate. Ergo, infiltrators who don't exist aren't affected. Neither are units arriving by/deployed with Cult Ambush.
>>
>>49575144
I have no idea what your point is.

How does the magical appearance of weapons change how logistics work?
>>
If GW made a Supplement: Cult of Strife, what would it take to make wyches playable?
>>
>>49575173
Well you've obviously made up your mind. Good thing any contested rule is a roll off to see who was right.
>>
>>49575167
True but GW is a "hobby company" first by its own admission right? They seem to be heading in a good direction recently (although im rather new to WH, 3 months) so maybe these things will change. I can understand the hesitation to nerf someones models, the backlash could be considerable (tryhards and shitters are the most vocal goddamn people)

also any game with a "competitive" (which is basically anything) will have some broken or cheesy bullshit, WAACfags literally exist to suck the fun out of every system and abuse any loophole they can find
>>
>>49575189
A new base codex
>>
>>49575194
I wonder how you would contest a unit isn't -deployed- with -Cult Ambush- when the text above the table says:

"Units that -deploy- or arrive by -Cult Ambush-"

:/
>>
File: infiltrate.jpg (201KB, 615x806px) Image search: [Google]
infiltrate.jpg
201KB, 615x806px
>>49575125
k.
>>
>>49575207
I'd say they're still infiltrating even if they deployed by cult ambush as nothing there states they stopped infiltrating at any point. And if you pushed it I just wouldn't play you, as you're obviously using it in order to charge first turn on any result on the table.
>>
>>49575205

Ok, what would it take to make Wyches playable?
>>
>>49575200
Yeah, but GW doesn't care so much about what someone who has already bought something says. And if they cared about backlash then the game would be different than it currently is.

And the WAAC cocksuckers that play 40k have latched onto a game that has no competitive balance and is not intended for such play. I will agree that WAAC fags are fucking parasites that shit all over fun.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (225KB, 700x613px)
Untitled-1.jpg
225KB, 700x613px
>>49575218
kk.
>>
>>49575207
Because the text for the actual Cult Ambush rule clearly writes out that it is a supplemental rule building upon the Infiltrate rule.

You don't need to have a law degree to be able to understand how one rule can be based on another rule and that they are both active at the same time.

Do you seriously need to win so much that you twist the obvious wording of the rules around just so you can smugly tell the opponent he can't do anything to counter you?
>>
The genestealer cult faq says ambush the unhallowed isn't affected by servo skulls. Cult ambush uses the same phrasing.
>>
>>49575232
What are you even trying to argue? They deploy by Cult Ambush, which, as per it's rules, functions as a modified version of Infiltrate. You can't just read one part of the rules and ignore the other part that clearly contradicts you.
>>
>>49574792
they are included in montka, which allows you to field it outside of escalation and apocalypse
>>
>>49575228
Waac ruins everything, but it'll always be around even if everyone hates it.

I used to play yugioh in tournaments. Someone figured out they could make the best deck even better by using some obscure fucking common card that nobody ever used or remembered existing. It locked your opponent out of special summons, basically most decks couldn't play. I liked the deck and played it, minus that cheese ball lock but everyone thought I was an asshole the second I played my first card. Just like everyone thinks tau and eldar players are tryhard jerkoffs
>>
>>49575224
Unit entries.
>>
>>49575054
It's clearly infiltrated, the cult ambush modifie the rule about how you infiltrated.
>>49575049
It's like the elder SW scoot rules, before we can infiltrate behind the ennemie deployment zone but the rules as ever been infiltrate. Same as cult ambush it's the infiltrate rule with the armies rules variation.
>>
>>49575247
Nope, I'm saying the book states the units are deploying via Cult Ambush and are no longer Infiltrating. What part of Infiltrate is present when deploying with Cult Ambush? What part of the rule is functional? How can a unit deploy with Cult Ambush at the same time (as the book states) as it Infiltrates?

The unit can only deploy one way. You cannot deploy with 2 special rules simultaneously. The one in effect is Cult Ambush, a rule with a different name, and different mechanic than Infiltrate.

I don't play GSC, and I don't plan on it. I play Daemons. The statement above the table is obvious. The unit deploys via Cult Ambush, a rule Servo-skulls do not block.

As mentioned, it was also previously stated in the Genestealer Cult FAQ that ambush the unhallowed ignores servo-skulls.

Conclusion: The intent is as obvious as the completely black and white statement above the table: GSC doesn't care about Servo-skulls that block Infiltrate while they're deploying with Cult Ambush.
>>
>>49575257
This is very important. Shows clear intention from the designers.

Servoskulls wont affect Cult Ambush. End of dicsussion.
>>
>>49575266
Well, I've met some decent Tau and Eldar players. The Tau player doesn't even use any Riptides. He's fun to play against. Haven't seen the Eldar player in a while, but he avoided the larger models and didn't abuse bikes. They seem to be the exception unfortunately.
>>
>>49575285
Deadly trap is going to be nasty then, double tap weapons then charge.
>>
>>49575224
>better transport
>more ap 3
>2 ppm discount
>>
Can someone post the actual Cult Ambush rule entry so this bickering will end. It should be on the same page as Unquestioning Loyality
>>
File: guard.jpg (42KB, 490x548px)
guard.jpg
42KB, 490x548px
>Get shit stomped daily by deathstars and Gargantuan monstrous creatures.
>Marines turn 1 charging me from fucking everywhere
>Don't want fucking genestealers turn 1 charging my lines as a fucking army before I get a turn
>You...You're just a WAACfag!
Feels fucking bad being a guardsman bros.
>>
>>49575292
The turn after.

Deadly trap 5 roll lets you Double tap
The 6 lets you charge from infiltrate.
>>
>>49575312
It already has been >>49575048
>>
>>49575322
But you're not infiltrating so nothing stops you from charging.
>>
File: Arbitrator_b&w.jpg (58KB, 714x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Arbitrator_b&w.jpg
58KB, 714x1176px
>>49575321
>inquisitor with psychotroke grenades and rad grenades
>brings his servo skull buddies
>in a retinue of crusaders with power mauls
T3/2 stealers and hybrids that may not even fight in close combat at all

just mash them potatoes
>>
>>49575312
You can see above the Cult Ambush table that the unit is stated to arrive by being deployed with Cult Ambush. There is no deployment with Infiltrate AND Cult Ambush.

There is deployment with Infiltrate, and there is deployment with Cult Ambush. Also, see Ambush the Unhallowed.

The intent, and the intended difference is clear. Well, to everyone except the people who are desperate about not being able to counter it with just 9 points of wargear.
>>
>>49575289
WAAC isn't just about taking the most broken units.
>>
>>49575347
I'm more concerned that infiltrate is what stops first turn charges. 5/6 results allowing it instead of 1/6 is significant.
>>
>>49575341
Apparently Servo skulls mean jack shit to genestealers, they deploy 3 inches from your lines and fucking charge before you get a shot.
>>
>>49575351
I know, the guys I mentioned were the furthest thing from it. Both played their respective armies before they were injected with steroids. They are both casual players, but get shit on despite the way they play and act.
>>
>>49575356
Until FAQd they work on stealers, otherwise the cult ambush rules kinda fall apart and you can just poke holes in that until the WAACfag gives up.
>>
>>49575362
People need to stop blaming the players (espeically if they aren't being a dick about it) and more the wonky codex releases. Then again some players just use it as an excuse to be shitty to others.
>>
>>49575327
I hope you get colon cancer.
>>
>>49575378
I'll admit to making jokes with the Tau guy, but it's all in good fun. I try to keep my judgements until I play them. Like the one time I played an Eldar guy who wanted to test out a "fun" list only to pull out what I found out later was a tourny netlist, and I got pasted.

I'll play anyone with any codex as long as they are there for the same reason I am. Fun, for both sides.
>>
>>49575395
Can't have it both ways anon.
>>
>>49575351
Sure, there's also rules lawyering, list tailoring and simple cheating.
>>
>>49575395
why? because he actually knows the rules?
>>
>>49575401
Can't both be immune to servo skulls AND infiltration immunity?
>>
>>49575417
Can't pick and choose what bits of infiltrate you choose to apply.
>>
>>49575427
The parts the codex don't specificly override is enough
>>
>>49575433
You have to deploy using infiltrate rules in order to be prevented from charging. If cult ambush doesn't count as deploying with infiltrate you can charge just fine.
>>
>>49575284
You need to be either deploying via Infiltrate, or coming on from Reserves as it outlines under the Cult Ambush rules.

Or are you going to also say Interceptor won't work on subsequent turns after your fade into the shadows and come back?
>>
>>49575452
it doesn't count because you're not coming in from reserves you're coming in from cult ambush :^^^^^^^)
>>
which ebook reader is best too grab for android for epubs
>>
>>49575457
>:^^^^^^^)

Ah well I hope you play one game with your interpretation and are then never invited back.
>>
File: IMG_1963.jpg (23KB, 217x292px)
IMG_1963.jpg
23KB, 217x292px
>>49574595
You auzzies fucking whine all the time about the prices of shit when your minimum wage is $17.70 an hour which is $13.50 usd and £10.40
You whine more than anyone else
>>
>>49575376
>Until FAQd they work on stealer
No, no they dont
>>
>>49575501
well then you have to put them into ongoing reserves, because we're deploying infiltrators right now
>>
>>49575321
I still have people in my area bitching about leafblower and meltavets.

Tau players predominantly.
>>
>>49574225
>>49574325
>>49574702
>>49574455
>New player asks a question
>call him stupid and repeat technical terms at him until he understands
Oh /tg/.
>>
>>49575507
Yes, and they're use their cult ambush.
Is there a problem?
>>
>>49575543
if you deploy using cult ambus you're infiltrating. it's literally right there in the cilt ambush rule.
>>
>>49575543
So you're saying they're infiltrators?
>>
>>49575543
Only if you decide to deploy your infiltrators within 12" of my skulls.
>>
>>49575207

>Let's just ignore the fact they have to infiltrate for the rule to come into play

Refusing to read won't make the text go away.
>>
>>49575565
Good thing they're ambushing, not infiltrating.
>>
>>49575570
then you can put them into ongoing reserves, because we're deploying infiltrators right now
>>
>>49575462
Kobo
>>
>>49575576
Nope, sorry, they're using their cult ambush right now.
>>
>>49575498
Cost of living is high here, mang.
Shipping actually does shit on our luxuries tho.
>>
>>49575603
Right, and as they aren't infiltrating you can't deploy them before the game starts. Per the cult ambush rules, they go into ongoing reserves.
>>
>>49575607
I'm afraid not, they're coming on now.
>>
>>49575603

That's a rule that only effects units that infiltrate or arrive from ongoing reserves. So are you infiltrating or arriving from ongoing reserves?
>>
>>49575622
If you don't want to play by the rules the only place they'll be ambushing is your carrying case, bro.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 358x447px)
image.jpg
32KB, 358x447px
What's the deal with Grey Knights?
>>
>>49575626
I'm bringing them on via infeltrate but I choose to use the cult ambush rules instead of infiltrate when doing so.
ergo, they're ambushers, not infiltrators.

>>49575631
Sure man, if you have a problem with he rules of game and are going to try to argue them for an advantage all game then I think it's best we don't play each other.
>>
>>49575605
>Cost of living is high here
Join the club, rent in my hometown (which is 40miles from london) is £800 a month for a 1 bedroom flat and that's not including bills
It's suffering knowing you can only buy possibly 1 kit a month so you can actually feed yourself
>>
File: 1299601996573.png (321KB, 1095x2380px)
1299601996573.png
321KB, 1095x2380px
>>49574818
Here is an inspiring story of what Rogue Trader is all about

> wich is Foie Gras, mon ami
>>
>>49575607
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>49575649
>I'm bringing them on via infeltrate but I choose to use the cult ambush rules instead of infiltrate when doing so.

There is no point where you choose to ambush instead of infiltrate as ambush is dependent on infiltrate. You infiltrate in order to get a roll on the ambush table.
>>
>>49575327
only result that allow to charge is #6
>>
>>49575685
I deploy via infiltrate and choose to ambush instead, when I place them they are no longer infiltrating.
>>
Okay this is going to sound crazy, but:

How the fuck do you deal with Dark Eldar boats? Those things are insanely durable when they jink, and if you deal with them in close combat the contents are completely unarmed and clog up whatever unit charged their boat forever.

The DE player in my meta seems to have sat done and scientifically designed the least possible fun army to play against. It's like... Everything he does is based around limiting enemy options rather than actually trying to do damage or even seemingly trying to win.

He also has three flyers, which do all their damage right away by using up all their one-use missiles in a single go.
>>
File: cult ambush.jpg (108KB, 962x820px) Image search: [Google]
cult ambush.jpg
108KB, 962x820px
>>49575694
>and choose to ambush instead
Ambushing isn't a thing, it's a method of deploying from infiltrate or reserves.

which is why they specifically mention it in #6
>>
>>49575697
Use ignores cover.

That's it.
>>
>>49575709
>Ambushing isn't a thing,
Yes it is, it's a special rule in codex: genestealer cults.
>>
>>49575709
BINGO!
>>49575717
Read result #6. It states clearly that they're infiltrating, so unless you roll a 6 no charge for you :^)
>>
>>49575721
Or you moved your big thumb, which is very conveniently blocking the full rules, you would see that ambushing includes coming on from reserves.

They're not infiltrating, they're ambushing.
>>
>>49575586
thanks
>>
>>49575694

>and choose to ambush instead

It doesn't say you use ambush instead of infiltrate. It says you infiltrate to use ambush. If infiltration played no part in this song and dance they wouldn't give them infiltrate in the first place and name it as a prerequisite of the ability. You know damn well it says you have to infiltrate so at this point you are just dishonest and trying to argue the most convoluted and redundant interpretation of the rules for a measly advantage. I pity the poor bastard that has to play you.
>>
>>49575712

What if I'm playing an army that doesn't really have ignores cover?
>>
Playing Freeblade right now; can't seem to 3 medal the speedfreakz storm mission as the mission ends before you can kill enough orks.

Anyone else had this problem?
>>
>>49575735
>Unlike other units that infiltrate or arrive from reserves
using the powers of ~reading~ >>49575048
, we know that Cult Ambush™ is a special rule used by units that INFILTRATE or that ARRIVE FROM RESERVES

If you are INFILTRATING or ARRIVING FROM RESERVES via Cult Ambush™, you're still limited by the rules and restrictions pertaining to them. That's why Cult Ambush™ has to specify that when rolling a 6, UNLIKE STANDARD INFILTRATING OR RESERVE units, the units can charge on the turn they arrive, as an exception to the normal rules for INFILTRATE and RESERVES.

You, for some ridiculous reason, think these units are not INFILTRATING or ARRIVING FROM RESERVES. Likely because you were dropped on your head many times as a child.
>>
File: 1474919720853.png (452KB, 623x763px) Image search: [Google]
1474919720853.png
452KB, 623x763px
>>49575735
>>49575758
fucked it, this one
>>
>>49575758

Power picks look damn nice. I'd love to be able to get that as a power weapon options in general.
>>
>>49575735

>you would see that ambushing includes coming on from reserves.

Exactly, they need to infiltrate or arrive from reserves in order to ambush.
>>
>>49575759
Which army?
>>
>>49575759
well, what do you play? you might have to force them all to jink, at the least you're making them snapshot to save their flimsy skimmers from dying fast
>>
>>49575792
really? i would have figured the Unwieldy would make it suck
>>
Do I need a PCS or can I just attach squads directly to my CCS?
>>
>>49575792
Still have rule here -> >>49575777
which clearly states that you're either in reserves or infiltrating.
>>
>>49575259
he's just trolling hard
>>
>>49575833
>Anyone who doesn't agree with me is just trolling
>>
>>49575144

This is 40K. If hundreds of trillions of brand new weapons with infinite ammo suddenly turned up then there's no way the Imperium would touch them with a Munitorum Standard Issue Ten (10) Unit Length Pole. Because that stinks of Chaos with a capital Z. Besides, it's 40K. Every time the Imperium thinks they've found something good, it turns around and bites them on the arse. First Gaunts novel, they find a cache of Iron Men and an STC to produce them. Free unlimited troops that are immune to morale! What could possibly go wrong? Oh that's right, they're corrupted by Chaos and are insane.

There is always a viper.
>>
>>49574706
If warp travel was as fucking dangerous as it is portrayed in the grim^dark texts there would be no setting to play.
>>
>>49575833
Gotta say lad, i dont think he is, and he is kinda convincing me
>>
File: At 5rst I was like.jpg (346KB, 3189x2105px) Image search: [Google]
At 5rst I was like.jpg
346KB, 3189x2105px
>>49575640
>>
>>49575640

>says it all
>>
>>49575650

I live in a tiny 2 bedroom townhouse with my wife and daughter in an outer suburb of Brisbane and my rent is $325 dollerydoos a WEEK. And that's considered cheap for an area that only has moderate amounts of bogans and ice.
>>
>>49575892
>brisvegas
>expensive
Randwick, sydney. Two bedroom place. 720 dollarydoos a week. Even a shack-like cottage is 650+
>>
>>49575867
Servo skulls never stopped GSC ambushing, there has already been an FAQ on it.

Watch them try to squirm out of this with
>B-B-BUT THEY'RE NOT THE SAME RULE
I can only assume the people arguing against it at this point are just WAAC fags throwing a tantrum at the idea their precious meta is going to change and they're going to have to buy another new army, 3 colours minimum and all.
>>
>>49575650
>not living in scotland
i pay 650 a month for a 2 bedroom ground floor flat, with high ceilings throughout, with my partner and 3 cats.

The oil crash really helped me out
>>
>>49575914

But it's ok, the government confirmed that there is no housing bubble in Sydney.
>>
>>49575892
London here; looking at 1200 quid per month for a 2 bedroom apartment in a slum like Lewisham.

Plz.
>>
>>49575919
To be fair they AREN'T the same rule, though it does kinda set a precedent for this kind of thing
>>
emperors wrath artillery company as allies for GSC. is good yes?
>>
>>49575867
Maybe he isn't but looks like he's trying so hard to bend the rules. Result number six of the ambush table states that units deploying this way are either infiltrating or coming from reserves.
>>
>>49575924
see >>49575914, for the actually expensive places you can have nearly 1700 GBP per month for a two bedroom place.
Lets agree the cost of living is fucking bonkers in both countries
>>
>>49575919
>B-B-BUT THEY'RE NOT THE SAME RULE
That is literally the answer to your supposed evidence, though.

And using rulings on separate formation specific special rules to ignore RAW in your favor while calling others WAACfags is pretty fuckin' ironic.
>>
There team of Crysis suit and marka drone. Can suit benefit from drones markalight?
>>
File: a5f.png (443KB, 655x653px)
a5f.png
443KB, 655x653px
>>49575919
HAHAHAH BTFO THE WHOLE THREAD
>>
>>49575935
You'll be pretty close to the enemy so it could backfire as you won't be getting much twin-linking from vox-casters.
>>
File: now.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
now.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
>>49575924
>>49575946

Ergo, overpaid london factory workers paying 1k GBP a week for their shitty little villages are the true enemy here.
>>
>>49575013
What the imperium needs instead would be to produce hotshot lasguns and volley guns in the quantity that they make lasguns.

Both las weapon types can either use rechargeable batteries or power generator backpacks.

But hotshot lasguns can penetrate space marine armor.
>>
Do we have scans of the October white dwarf yet
>>
>>49575640
They are the bestest of the bestest. Best.
>>
>>49574207
Dirt and rocks, not necessarily mud.
Lets me give the boots a few washes of brown to get them a "Been in battle" look.

However, each army has its strengths as to what compliments it best.

Grass works for everyone but Necrons.
Cracked, dusty earth works great for everyone and even looks city enough to blend in with urban terrain.
Mud is a friend to guardsmen, renegades, and Orkz.
Jungle is made for Tyranids, and a few auxiliaries like Kroot, Catachans, and Kommandos.
Snow is fucking money for Space Wolves, but I find that Tau and Eldar are clean enough to get a neat compliment from it.
Urban works for everyone, but shines for Space Marines, chaos or loyalist. The destruction and ruin makes your supersoldiers look more resilient than the battle.
Sand works for most factions, minus Tyranids, but helps Necrons starkly stand out, and is also as lifeless as them.

Then you get your stuff like lava, or wraithbone, or spaceship interior. I don't the odd stuff enough to get a feel for what works best.
>>
>>49576092
How do you rate clear perspex to match whatever field is being played on?
>>
>>49576045
More complex in maintenance. Yet it probably fluff excuse.
>>
>>49574462
I've always wanted to try this one:

Upgrade your Trygon to a Trygon Prime. It can keep the Hormagaunts in line, so you can split it into two smaller squads.
It also allows you to take Bio-Artefacts. Grab the Miasma Cannon and slap it on your Prime.

It can now piss out wounds between its improved bio-electric pulse, and a 2+ poisoned AP4 template.

Take the remaining 25 points, and add 5 spore mines. Drop them near something you don't want to fire at you, because now they have to shoot the mines.
>>
>>49574944
Another thing I've found is that the Empire Flagellants give a good deal of conversion fodder to work with for any "Araby-themed" army, since most of the models are of the "robed/bare-chest" variety. If you'rew anting to do something like Cult Magus Jafar, you even get a giant hourglass sprue to play with.
>>
>>49575396
I dunno, fun isn't just the list you play but "how" you play it. Like, I ended up against a VASSAL list where the guy placed D-Scythe Wraithguard in a Tantalus; since VASSAL doesn't have a Tantalus model, he used a "Ravager" model to "count-it" as.

I still had the ability to counter it, by summoning Screamers and enclosing it with multiple units before attempting to ram it to death, but then he goes:

"Actually, this thing is as big as a Baneblade"

and whether or not he was trying to be forthright about it, it came off as "gaming the system/aha!"

I think, besides the "lists" thing, one major thing is being lenient with honest rules-mistakes. As an example, say a Guard player is about to shoot you before issuing orders. Rather than letting your opponent shoot then try to issue orders and go "actually, you forfeited Orders, neener-neener", remind your opponent beforehand.

Don't be that guy, and be a sporting opponent.
>>
>>49576097
Good on the field, but when on display off the field, they're standing on a cardboard chunk or the foam they're carried in.
Good for games, bad for display, especially since they look like they're floating if not viewed from above.
>>
>>49576282
My rule of thumb is that the guy with the most models should pick his list based on whatever the other person is running.

For instance I've got nearly 5000 points of guard, so when my friend wants to play with his 2000 pts of eldar and can only field scatbikes/wraithhost, I pack my models and tell him to suk my dik.
>>
>>49575232
Pretty clear that cult ambush is a method of deploying via infiltrate.
>>
>>49576325
If you read anything in this thread you would know you are wrong.
>>
>>49576313
Just bring all 5000 points of Guard.

>>49576325
Units that try to deploy during Cult Ambush cannot, as there is no rule allowing them to deploy after the rest of their armies. They simply remain off the table.
>>
>they're not infiltrating, they're ambushing
>>
File: 1456856146799.jpg (561KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1456856146799.jpg
561KB, 2500x2500px
>>49575919
The density level of this one is approaching that of a Neutron star.
>>
File: 1281391185927.jpg (79KB, 350x218px)
1281391185927.jpg
79KB, 350x218px
>>49575919

Delicious

>Imperial playing faggots will drown us in tears because their miniscule point cost wargear cannot undo an entire armies special rule
>>
>>49576325
Except it isn't. This is the relevant line:

"Units with this special rule that Infiltrate, or arrive from Reserve or Ongoing Reserve, can instead choose to roll on the Cult Ambush table, opposite, instead of deploying or arriving from Reserve normally."

>Units with this special rule that Infiltrate, or arrive from Reserve or Ongoing Reserve

This specifies which units can use the rule.

>can instead choose to roll on the Cult Ambush table, opposite

This describes how the rule functions.

>instead of deploying or arriving from Reserve normally.

And this specifies that it over-rides the existing rules. Infiltrate enables Cult Ambush, but Cult Ambush itself is not Infiltrate.
>>
File: _9a05Isl-Ks.jpg (86KB, 1022x651px) Image search: [Google]
_9a05Isl-Ks.jpg
86KB, 1022x651px
>make multiple weak weapon choices for mighty Hammerhead
>not an option to turn Devilfish into Tauish Razorback
>>
File: cSAGw.png (472KB, 1017x589px)
cSAGw.png
472KB, 1017x589px
>>49575919
>>49576440
Imperium BTFO.

I can smell the salt from there
>>
>>49576447
>this specifies that it over-rides the existing rule
except it clearly doesn't, because cult ambush is still limited by the standard infiltrate and reserve rules (most notably, not being able to charge on the first turn or the turn they arrive)

I'm sure you'll just ignore that, though, despite it actually being plainly spelled out in the cult ambush rules themselves.
>>
File: 1472830518138.png (55KB, 400x400px)
1472830518138.png
55KB, 400x400px
>>49576447
>WAAAH, NOO, NOTHING CAN STOP MY ARMY BECAUSE IN MY AUTISTIC, EXPLOITATIVE MISINTERPRETATION OF THE RULES, IT SAYS I ALWAYS WIN!
>Isn't that right, mommy?
>>
>>49576447
Ambush table just changes the deployment restrictions of how they infiltrate. Its still infiltrating as described in option 6.
>>
>>49576325
Wait for the next FaQ ;^) but please but ourself on suicide watch before.
>>
>>49576447
>This specifies which units can use the rule.
Either they're infiltrating or they're not infiltrating. If they're infiltrating, they infiltrated. If they're not infiltrating, they can't use Cult Ambush. There was no point in time when they were "sort-of" infiltrating and then stopped.

Shooting enables Shred and Gets Hot, but units which shoot weapons that Shred and Get Hot are still making shooting attacks.
>>
>>49576476
>NOTHING CAN STOP MY ARMY

I play Eldar, kid, I'm going to kick the shit out of GSC armies one way or the other.
>>
>>49576477
>>49576467
>>49576476

I can't wait for next week for you faggots to get BTFO the same way the servoskull faggots just got BTFO.
>>
So even in the RAW that means that GSC units which don't have infiltrate have to roll their reserves before they can cult ambush?

I'm 'k with it.
>>
>>49576507
I guess spouting memes is the last resort when you know RAW doesn't support your case.

a FAQ could go either way because it's GW, but you're being pretty buttblasted about this

>>49576517
pretty much, though there are easy ways to give everyone in the army infiltrate

but yes, you roll reserves, then instead of deploying them on your table edge as you normally would, you can opt to roll on the cult ambush table
>>
>>49576517
You dont roll for reserves in Ongoing Reserves.

And even if you do, cult detachment gives you +1 reserves.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (811KB, 1286x1254px)
serveimage.jpg
811KB, 1286x1254px
>>49576507
>the same way the servoskull faggots just got BTFO.
Just because it happened in your fantasy la-la land, doesn't mean it actually happened in reality.
>>
>>49576543
ongoing reserves is only for guys doing the meld into the shadows thing

if you hold guys back in reserves instead of deploying them at the beginning of the game you roll for reserves as normal
>>
>>49575982
I was more just looking for a way too take some artillery without a bunch of attached infantry which I'll already have heaps of in the GSc detatchment.
>>
>>49576543
Ongoing reserves will only happen if you Return, or if you walk off the board e-
.. Hoshit.

T1 Return To The Shadows.
Ultimate game break.
>>
>>49576543
A GSC unit has too have been on the table for it to go into ongoing reserves.
You could deploy all the units without infiltrate in your deployment zone and meld into the shadows turn 1 so everyone can ambush turn 2 if you want too avoid rolling.
>>
BIG BIRD HAS ARRIVED

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Space-Marine-Sokar-pattern-Stormbird
>>
>>49576563
not much of a game break, because if you return too many guys there's the chance your leftovers will be wiped out and cost you the game
>>
>>49574792
Astra Militarum Supplement- Cadia I think
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 233x250px)
image.jpg
28KB, 233x250px
I've never played the table top version of 40k, how would I get started? Other than codexes and models.
I'm probably going to go with either GK or Orks.
>>
>>49576572
Man, it looks awesome, but I can't even imagine how it would ever be useful in a game. At least the Thunderhawk had a banging cannon.
>>
>>49576606
go with GK, the are more fun.
as for how you play, head to your local GW and ask for an intro game, they are generally pretty good at giving you a rough feel of the game
>>
>>49576608
Drop five Leviathans in your enemies rear? Five ought to be able to kill anything not a Warlord
>>
>>49576606
What do you mean, beside models and codexes? Learn the rules, build and paint the models, get people to play with, that's all you need. You could watch battleroprts and browse 1d4chan for tactics and how to build your list I guess?
>>
>>49576606
GK are pretty fun and also easily the cheapest army to build because there are so few models

get battlescribe and make a 500 point army, ask an LGS for a beginner game
>>
>>49576572
>50 model capacity
>Dreadnoughts count as 10 models
>Rhinos and crew count as 25
>ALL THAT WEAPONRY
HNNNG!
>>
>>49576629
Right, so fly the thing in, spend a turn to land and drop them out. I'm pretty sure just getting Dread droppods would be cheaper and more effective.

It's just the kind of model, like a lot of the big ones, that doesn't fit the scale. It would've made sense in Epic.
>>
>>49576447
>Units with this special rule that Infiltrate, or arrive from Reserve or Ongoing Reserve
>This specifies which units can use the rule.

I interpret this as meaning a unit which is actively deploying via Infiltrate may do so under the Cult Ambush rules.
You interpret it as meaning a unit which has the option to Infiltrate may instead deploy under the Cult Ambush rules.

I would agree with you if the rules read "units with the Infiltrate special rule can instead choose to roll on the Cult Ambush table".

However, the rules do not read that way. Therefore I still think the unit is held to the same limitations as though it were Infiltrating normally, albeit the changes as described by Cult Ambush. It's ambiguous as fuck, though.

>tl;dr: you are still deploying via Infiltrate, but you receive bonuses by rolling on the Cult Ambush table (written shorthand as deploying via Cult Ambush)
>>
>Sorry Sir, as you chose to have your pre-orders shipped to your home we dispatch them on the day of release and should arrive early next week.

>early next week.

fucking. hell.
>>
>>49576655
Check>>49575919 . GW's intentions on the subject are pretty clear.
>>
>>49576655
Its not ambiguous.
Consider result 6 which specifies that you can charge "unlike other units that infiltrate "
>>
>>49576572
>massive blast D barrage with unlimited range but only indirect fire accuracy

fucking hell that looks fun
>>
>>49576673
Different unit, different rule. So no, it's not clear.
>>
>>49576685
Well shit, you're right.
Then disregard ambiguity, I'm correct as balls.
>>
>>49576695
Now you are just being autistic.
>>
>>49576711
I, too, blindly assume that completely different rules are the same when it suits my purposes.
>>
>>49576608
This still has a big gun so too speak.
You can give it orbital bombardment for a 7 inch SD blast. Plus it has 6 SD missiles.
>>
>>49576711
Now you are just being a cunt.
>>
The Chaos Space Marine Codex isn't in the thread dump, anyone got the file handy?
>>
>>49576727
Yes, true. But this discussion has degenerated to cuntslapping contest long ago. Neither side is exactly right nor wrong.
>>
>>49576746
Personally I stand on "Servoskulls dont affect it"-standpoint due meta that 34pts models wont wreck whole armies like they already do win some battles and how GW has stated how pretty much same ability works on same models.

If it turns out that GSC somehow dominates all opponents due them being OP then I might change my opinion on sake of balance.
>>
>>49576746
There's only one way to actually read it when you take all the rules for Cult Ambush into account.
Any insistence that ambush is different from Infiltrate in the sense of Servo Skulls, yet still the same as Infiltrate since the text literally state the units are infiltrating and thus have to roll a 6 to assault, is just delusional.
>>
>>49576725
Missiles are only S10, unless I'm missing something.

Still a hell of a unit.
>>
What are some more obscure weapons in future hammer?
Im making a homebrew Rpg and I need cool weps to include
>>
File: XXL.png (267KB, 1366x768px)
XXL.png
267KB, 1366x768px
would you?
>>
>>49576774
>wreck whole armies
You know, some armies NEVER get to stick their entire army ass-deep in the enemy deployment zone and perform first turn charges as the game begins.
>>
>space marine players say servo skills should completely shut down an entire armies special rules
>because getting all up in the enemies face turn one breaks the game
>still unironically use drop pods

Explain
>>
File: 1i.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1i.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>49576905

>XXL out of stock
>>
>>49576905
>XXL out of stock
>>
>>49576932
>>space marine players
>assumptions
Yes, anyone who disagrees with you is a space marine/eldar/tau player, go back to your safe space now
>>
>>49576932
>FotMfags up in arms because they might not be able to deploy into close combat
>>
So no leaks/novels/codices/other have been uploaded yet?I'm gonna be internet-less upwards to a week and I'd hate to wait another week for the GSC codex
>>
>>49576951

>t. space marine player

inb4 you respond with, 'I'm an Ork player'
>>
Anyone else running multiple simultaneous tactical Skyhammer formations?

It's dead fluffy, I'm playing the Dev/Ass reserve companies and no other formations properly simulate that.
>>
>>49576951
>>49576962
So you agree drop pods and deep strike should be removed from the game?
>>
File: 1436186524483.jpg (31KB, 500x590px)
1436186524483.jpg
31KB, 500x590px
>>49576963

Yeah, sorry the world doesn't revolve around your schedule.
>>
>>49576905
fuck it .. yes.
>>
>>49577004
I'm not making any demands buddy,it doesn't hurt anyone to ask
>>
What makes a great Urban base, /tg/? I want them for my GSC.
>>
File: 3QSlSKu.png (175KB, 311x299px) Image search: [Google]
3QSlSKu.png
175KB, 311x299px
>>49576939
>>
File: 1422462747240.jpg (171KB, 825x712px) Image search: [Google]
1422462747240.jpg
171KB, 825x712px
>>49576985

>I play broken armies for the 'fluff'
>>
>>49577014
Back one thread, knock yourself out.
>>
>>49577045
thank you
>>
>>49576963
We've had pretty much the whole things rules leaked in previous generals.. Just short a couple of formations i think.
>>
So GSC Artifact Staff of the Subterran Master: Awsome, a trap, halarious or all of the above?

18" S2 AP- Assault 10(!), Ignores Cover, Rending for 20 points.
>>
>>49577171
Well,I'm mostly interested in the fluff and the art so there's that
>>
What ebook reader are you guys using to read these codecies???
>>
>>49577279
Readium
>>
>>49577230
Decent but something too drop if you need too shave points.
You'll be replacing the magus autopistol for it and it is much better than that. Could be pretty good if you manage too double tap with it, with rending every marine or terminator you do wound will be ap2.
>>
>>49576905
They sell coats or commissars?
>>
>>49577279
For what is probably the 40,000th time, Readium.
>>
>>49577299
Shaving points isn't really a problem I'm having yet. The opposite actually.

I'm looking at using a Devoted Throng formation which encourages the unit my magus joins to get in melee. Think the Crouchling might be better in that case for 2 extra s4 rending hits in meele and an extra psychic power at the same cost?
>>
>>49577472
If you have the points you could take both.
>>
>>49577517
one relic per mini my dude
>>
>>49574786
Grey Knights are good allies, they help compensate for each other's weaknesses as armies.
>>
Is it possible to use an Hive Tyrant for CC at all in current edition? Noncompetitively that is.
>>
>>49577279
>google retarded shit like 'what opens epubs'
>problem solved
>>
>>49575919
I'm not even sure what GW's reasoning on that ruling is, other than "gotta sell new models.". The whole FAQ process has been a disappointing mess, and I'm hoping ITC uses the opportunity to make their FAQ a more comprehensive balancing attempt.

I'm disappointed that there is going to be zero defense against GSC. The game needs more interactive gameplay. I'm not sure what the point of adding Interceptor was if next to nobody has access to it.
>>
>>49577472
Crouchling is probably the only relic really worth the points cost on the list. It's a really good one, though.
>>
Leave GSC to me
>>
File: stealer.jpg (107KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stealer.jpg
107KB, 752x1000px
>>49574462
you don't have any damage per turn
start thinking about it like that

2 flyrants?
>dude I'm sorry that the meta is what it is but thats not nearly enough firepower

don use horms, termies and a tervigon is ok sometimes in this edition, but will get fucked vs almost every army but IG and necrons maybe

2 zoanthropes? dont use them at all
you only need 1 malanthrope really

drop the sporocyst and trygon for another flyrant
>also put esg on those flyrants nigga

just trying to help, no one wants to play a game ending on turn 3 where most of the fighting is you taking your bugs off the table and putting them in a bucket
>>
>>49577919
>corteaz vs GSC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs
>>
>>49577928
> wants to play a game ending on turn 3 where most of the fighting is you taking your bugs off the table and putting them in a bucket
I'm not disagreeing or anything,but I imagine that in order to be a Nid player and enjoy it,you have to have a hard-on for throwing cannon fodder in the meatgrinder
>>
The meta has been dominated by tau riptides, scatterbikes, wapr spiders and gladius gravcannons for like two years, who can shoot entire armies off the table in 2-3 turns.

At this point I'm really happy if there will be an actual counter to these, but I doubt it. GC can push a lot of fodder to opponent's face but is made of paper and has no real damage potential.
>>
>>49576209
why are you lying to children like that?
>>
>>49578185
Hardly if all it takes is some servo skulls to shut them down, 25 points for an inquisitor tax and then, something like 3 points, each for the skulls and you basically have a 24" exclusion zone where they can't infiltrate on to the table.

The meta will stay same.
>>
>>49578231
I like how you think potentially losing the alpha strike with the GSC makes them instantly garbage.

As if they're not loaded with choice units and rules, for bargain prices.
>>
>>49577592
Is that a general rule?
Cos the codex doesn't impose any limits beyond no duplicate relics.
>>
>>49577774
Sure, but given the 6e codex really nerfed Tyranid melee weapons:
>A melee kitted one with Lashwhip and Bonesword only gets +3I and ID on 6s
>Scything talons do nothing
>Artifact Claws give Preferred Enemy after killing. Which isn't bad.
>Artifact LS/BS gives +1S, +3I, ID on 6's, and Shred. Pricey for basically paying for Shred

Personally I find Tyrants are usually fast enough I'd rather just run them with double Devourers and Ymgarl Factor and not be afraid of getting into melee. As you'll beat most non-dedicated melee, but imo Tyrants even pimped for melee can't go toe to toe vs other melee pimps so I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket.
>and for those you have the guns

>Dakka the Choppy and Choppy the Dakka
>>
>>49578231
Even if Servo-Skulls work, all it means is the GSC player will leave everything of any relevance off the table and Ambush out of reserves on turn 2 instead of pseudo-infiltrating.
>>
>>49578231
They don't because FAQ precedent.
>>
>>49578185
Basically the people who it punishes most are those who were shit on by the OP armies anyway.

IG are going to feel the pain from the lack of Interceptor or any good melee units.

Or fight null deployment with null deployment and put everything in Valkyries.
>>
>Useless Thunderhawk variant with no gun release

Where's my railgun?!!? You said the railgun would be first avaliable at tomorrow's Amsterdam open day! It should be up for pre-order if people in fucking Holland can walk away with one tomorrow!
>>
>>49578274
>>49578288
Their cult ambush says it uses the rules for infiltrating, ergo it doesn't matter if it's turn one or turn two. they're not allowed to appear within 12" of a servo skull.
Their only way to do it is move some cannon fodder up the table to destroy the skulls while they all get shot off the board.

>>49578291
FUCK OFF
>>
Why does the game end if you have nothing on the table but guaranteed reserves next turn?
>>
>>49578346

>FUCK OFF

You know it's true and it's just a matter of time until they put one up.
>>
File: flyrant.jpg (32KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
flyrant.jpg
32KB, 600x481px
>>49577994
yeah if there is a possible feast at the end of the game
>just do math
Swarm style nids is not viable in this edition, thats it.
I'm sorry but you're going to get blue balled and shot off the table unless you play orks or DE
>learn to love flyrants and mawlocs/crones

remember that game are only fun if each player has a chance to win or lose, don't take the fun away from someone. run flyrants and mawlocs, maybe deathleaper too if you want the most fun from a match

that or...
3 flyrants
dakkafexes- tyrannocytes
hive guard, biovores, zoanthrope for synapse
then mawlocs or genestealers to grab objectives

or......
deathleaper assassination brood and broodord hunting pack with a bunch of flyrants and mawlocs
>>
>>49578346
Well, rolls of 1-4 still work because 1 is normal reserve deployment, and 2-4 are variants of outflank aren't they? So you could pop up on your opponents board edge within range of a servo skull.
>>
>>49578374
Because in battlefield terms, the enemy has secured the area.

It would be like "Woah, why did the enemies win the siege of this castle by killing everyone when I have forces on the way?"
>>
>>49578346
>Their cult ambush says it uses the rules for infiltrating

Infiltrate "or arrive from Reserve". They aren't Infiltrating. They're arriving from Reserve, and rolling on the table to determine how and where they do so. Even if you want to make an issue over how the 6 result mentions it bypasses assaulting after Infiltrate, it also specifies bypassing assaulting out of Reserves.

Besides, if we're talking about a competitive situation (and if someone is bringing servo-skulls purely to screw over a Cult player, it damn well should be a tournament), the GSC player is going to be allying Flyrants for anti-air. So they can just swoop up the table, clear the servo-skulls, and bring the Cult on turn 2.
>>
>>49578397
True, but that leaves the skulls in the center of the board and means you have to wait until turn 2 while the riptide wing blows half your guys off the table turn 1.
>>
>>49578440
If a Tau player takes an Inquisitor for the sake of denying Infiltration then it's your duty to smash their models at the earliest possible convenience.
>>
>>49578424

You say that, but in the context of this game it's perfectly feasible for three units to come in from reserves and say, genuinely table a foe.
>>
>>49578374
Remember that its GAME turn, not player turn. If you go second, it doesn't matter if your opponent tables you on their turn, as long as reserves come in on your turn your fine.
>>
>>49578497
Well too bad, the enemy have taken everything they wanted from the field and got the fuck out of there.

My admech army have already nicked the good shit and pissed on your tech.
>>
>>49578483
It's a radical inquisitor, perfectly fluffy ;^))))
>>
>>49578546
Enemy Mine
Inquisitor is the sole survivor of a Genestealer attack. Before the Cults can kill him Tau appear and work together to stop the Cult

>Forge the Narrative
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2228x1759px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2228x1759px
Now now Angels, Fallen, perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything.
>>
>>49578593
>Before the Cults can kill him Tau appear and the Inquisitor calls an Exterminatus because "Way too many fucking xenos on this planet"
FTFY
>>
So are Beakies without jump packs Ostriches or Penguins?
>>
>>49578346
>Their cult ambush says it uses the rules for infiltrating
and arriving from reserves. Skulls have no effect on units arriving from reserves, which cult units coming in on turns 2+ are doing.

The point of contention is from salty faggots being buttmad that they might not be able to have the first turn charge. We saw the same fucking arguments for Blitz Brigade.
>>
>>49575802
Imagine guard Sargent's with s5 ap3 attacks
>>
>>49578701
Wrong, the skulls effect infiltrators and cult ambush uses the rules for infiltrating.
It doesn't matter if it's during deployment or turn two or whatever.
>>
>>49578661
>"Chapter tactics:Penguins: Any movement moving down a slope is doubled"

>"Chapter tactics:Ostriches: All models gain the one use melee weapon, "Explosive beak" which gives +2 S and shred."
>>
>>49578701

I'm mostly seeing idiots who, whether they be right or wrong about the rules, think it's remotely acceptable to camp a single inquisitor with a bolt pistol in the back field and call it a detachment because mechanical advantage.
>>
>>49578732
>and cult ambush uses the rules for infiltrating
or you could read

>>49575048
>>49575775

these rules are fucking simple
>>
>>49578732
Prove it. I'm willing to accept that Servo-Skulls work against Turn 0 deployment ambushes, but there's absolutely no reason why they would work against units arriving out of Reserves. If Cult Ambush is Infiltration, and Infiltration only functions during deployment, units using Cult Ambush to arrive in-game cannot be Infiltrating.
>>
>>49578774
This.
Infiltrate happens before game. Servoskulls *may or may not* stop this (personally leaning to stops)

Reserves happen during game. Servoskulls don't stop reserves.
>>
>>49578622
so now white dwarfs will come with free comic books? slightly interested
>>
>>49578774
Entry 6 of the cult ambush table.
>>
>>49578841

Don't be, it's a shit preview comic with like 10 pages, and it's a one-off.
>>
>>49578854
See >>49578427.
>>
>>49578819
They stop infiltrating.
Which, in the case of genestealer cults, happens during the game as well.
>>
>>49578854
>Entry 6 of the cult ambush table.
dude

>Unlike other units that Infiltrate or arrive from Reserves, the ambushing unit can charge in their first turn or on the turn they arrive from Reserves

are you fucking blind
>>
>>49578861
right right; but dark angels killing themselves is hilarious
>>
>>49578874
The Cult Ambush rules come into play when you are
INFILTRATING
OR
ARRIVING FROM RESERVE.

the same deployment method happens in BOTH cases. Servo skulls only stop infiltrating.

1) when you ambush via infiltrate, you are infiltrating and skulls stop this
2) when you ambush via reserves (or ongoing reserves) you are arriving from reserves, and skulls have no effect here.

This is very clearly spelled out, using the rules for reference MANY times in this thread
>>
>>49578889
They enter the table by infiltrating and are subject to all it's rules.

Ergo they can't appear within 12" of a servo skull.
>>
>>49578889
I'm convinced people are just memeing over the Servo-skull point now. Sure, arguably it stops Turn 0 ambushes, but everything else is just trying to get a rise out of anons hyped over Cult armies.
>>
>>49578940
my opinion of 40k general's rules knowledge is pretty fucking low, so I'm not entirely convinced these guys are just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>49578940
Ultimately, I think the 40k rules writers are to blame for this shit-show.

It's a situation where the rules are so convoluted and the jargon so twisted no one knows what is what anymore.
>>
>>49578998
This really just proves that GW doesn't consider how their new rules are effected by those that already exist. As an IG player I appreciate the opportunity to not have my shit pushed in turn 1 but all this ambiguity would be fixed if they had just done some basic checks against existing armies.
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.