[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zaibatsu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 3738.jpg (22KB, 350x488px) Image search: [Google]
3738.jpg
22KB, 350x488px
Zaibatsu is a Cyberpunk RPG that is basically super close to Cyberpunk 2020, except without the useless rules. I'm tempted to call it a retroclone but it would be an anachronism as this unknown gem was written in 1994(!)

Basically, here's how it works. You roll under a target number with 2D, as in Traveller Classic, and you get Skills (which are things you either have or don't have, and don't tell you what you can or cannot do but what you're good at), some Gear, a concept and backstory, and you're done. The game is currently available in html format free of charge if you just type Zaibatsu by Paul Elliott in Google. I'm gonna try it out soon, just wanted to let people know that there is a traditional, rules-light yet setting-full retrofuturistic Cyberpunk game, and it's not even new.
>>
>>49563649
I've been mentioning this game in cyberpunk threads here since forever but this is the first time I've seen someone actually play it.

It partly inspired my simplified take on Cyberpunk 2020 which I'm currently playtesting.
>>
>>49563784
I'd love to hear more about that. I've spent years tweaking CP2020 but I've never found a "final" version that satisfied me. I don't hang much in cyberpunk threads as it triggers my vapid autism and makes me want to yell at people about the meaning of Cyberpunk and my opinions and Shadowrun, non-productive shit.
>>
File: 156343.png (89KB, 695x900px) Image search: [Google]
156343.png
89KB, 695x900px
>>49563649
For a minute there I thought you were talking about pic related
>>
File: mgpbn4ewiZ1qz9b3ko1_1280.jpg (78KB, 750x609px) Image search: [Google]
mgpbn4ewiZ1qz9b3ko1_1280.jpg
78KB, 750x609px
>>49564020
>the meaning of Cyberpunk
Yeah, nobody needs that shit. It kills every cyberpunk thread.

My "retroclone" is basically a boiled-down version of CP2020 with:

>Fewer skills, only 20
>Fewer attributes, only 6
>HP instead of wounds
>No classes
>More espionage-focused rather than street punks
>Edges & Flaws rather than Special Abilities
>Disadvantage rather than granular stacking modifiers (thx D&D5)
>Modular hacking system that's less complex than netrunning but more complex than just a hacking skill check.
>Updated timeline, corporations and world setting
>Same guns, armor, vehicles with some tweaks
>Tonnes of weird stuff inserted from my favorite cyberpunk books (Night Sky Mine, Stand on Zanzibar, China Mountain Zhang, etc.)
>>
>>49564020
>I've never found a "final" version that satisfied me
Neither have I. I change it every month and probably will continue to do so until they lower my corpse into the earth. It's like chasing the ghost of a Platonic ideal in a funhouse mirrorland.
>>
>>49564118
That sounds like 3.0 + Cybergeneration + Efforts
Care to share?

>>49564162
Y-yes. Seriously though, take it easy, you won't ever find happiness but it'll be a long and powerful journey.

>>49564118
How do you do HP, what kind of hacking and timelines are we talking about?
>>
>>49564344
Sure, hit me up at username: krypter on the hot mail email service.com. We can exchange ideas then. Mine homebrew's not ready for a full dissection here yet.
>>
>>49564693
Sent you a mail, I think.

So, anybody tried to run Zaibatsu (the Paul Elliott one, even though kudos to anon for the Hotline Miami one, it looks very fun)
>>
>>49564118
>Modular hacking system that's less complex than netrunning but more complex than just a hacking skill check.
Do tell more pls
>>
>>49564085
Got a link to this one?
>>
>>49565778
On my phone at the moment, but pdf is free on drive thru: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/156343/Zaibatsu
>>
>>49565105
Too busy now, sorry. Will post in the evn when i have time.
>>
This cyberpunk thread is better than the other one.
>>
>>49568849
I've ran a Fate Core game for my group before and wasn't too impressed with it (other than its wound system).

Does this game do anything?
>>
>>49569577
No idea, I'm not a fan of FATE either.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.