[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work in Progress Thread WIP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 101

File: Harad.jpg (71KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
Harad.jpg
71KB, 920x950px
Easternling Edition. What are you fa/tg/uys working on? Someone Post the link farm that's usually accompanying these General threads. I finished the Mumak last night, so now I'm working on her crew of easterlings. The western men of Gondor will pay!
>>
the current figure I"m starting with. The Mumak kit comes with a decent amount of crew.
>>
File: IMG_20160929_024148.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160929_024148.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Last bit of wip on the Kingdom Death Flower Knight before I finish him tomorrow
>>
>>49556918
Looks freaking amazing.. Again can you let us know what model this is from or what you kit bashed to make it?
>>
2nd pic of the Harad mumakil leader
>>
File: wip dumbass.png (12KB, 439x170px) Image search: [Google]
wip dumbass.png
12KB, 439x170px
Adding this guy to my "stupid shit people have said in WIP" folder.
>>
Is the G.W Basilisk model still in it's current range? I'm looking to get 3, to create a diorama of an artillery battery of sorts.
>>
File: wipdumbass.png (8KB, 709x71px) Image search: [Google]
wipdumbass.png
8KB, 709x71px
>>49557074

Still doesn't quite top this one though.
>>
>>49556961
>Last bit of wip on the Kingdom Death Flower Knight before I finish him tomorrow
>Kingdom death flower knight
>>
>>49557092
Also, has there ever been a GW Imperial Guard boxed set themed for artillery?
>>
File: IMAG0318_BURST002.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0318_BURST002.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Thinking about skin tones to get started on the faces... Does anyone have a good progression for blond hair?
>>
BTW the base of the mumak... is simply gorgeous...
>>
I just picked up a Kill-Team box. I'm doing my Marines up as my custom chapter (brass and Castellan green), but I'm tossing up a couple options for Tau.

>Khorne Red/Evil Suns Scarlet?
>Castellan Green/Zandri Dust?
>Stegadon Scale "Green" (it's fucking blue)/Fenrisian Grey?
>Attempt to salvage my various pots of white and put them to use, with accenting from one of the above?

I'd like to work with the paints I already have, ideally.
>>
>>49557676

My first tau army was white armour with red jumpsuits.

I ended up switching to silver armour and blue jumpsuits when I realized I had made a squad of rebel starfighter pilots.
>>
>tfw invariably fuck up transfers

Why is something that, at first glance, would seem to be the easiest aspect of modelling so fucking hard?
>>
>>49557862

I just recently printed my own, had to pick up special paper and everything.

You better believe I spent two hours trying to test it out on regular paper to make sure I didn't end up making them useless blue blocks.

Thankfully they turned out pretty good, except I will have to underpaint the model where I apply them since the printer doesn't print white.
>>
How much do you guys thin your paints to? do you add water to the pot, or dab the brush in water before dipping your brush on a palette?

I honestly tried thinning paints..but it just runs everywhere on the model, and it's hard as fuck to control where it goes.. I don't get the whole "MUST THIN YOUR PAINTS" meme.
>>
File: 2016-09-28 21.13.55.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-28 21.13.55.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
Tried to make the building look like it had been flooded
>>
>>49557975
What's the material intended to be? Concrete stains brown from flooding. (Source: Frequent flooding in wooded valleys.) Metal... would rust or oxidize, so *also* brown for most silvery metals.

Dunno what advice to give you for it. It looks like you did your flooding effect before you actually painted the walls that're being flooded, so the coloration may be completely wrong or completely right.
>>
>>49558000
its grey concrete. The picture is kind of washed out but theres some drybrushing and details picked out on the building
>>
>>49557959
just add some water to your pot, about 25% of the pain should be water.
>>
Just to make sure I'm going to do this right.
First remove model from sprue, then remove flash, clean any residue off, then spray with primer once that dries you do the base coat then the details and then use a wash and finally dry brush the highlights?
I'm getting my first set tomorrow and don't want to screw up. I'm getting some cheapo Walmart paint and some reaper minis
>>
Question, can you just spray primer over top of base paint? Or is it mandatory you strip the paint first?
>>
Which tools should I get to use Green Stuff properly.
>>
File: 3scheme.jpg (104KB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
3scheme.jpg
104KB, 1200x500px
>>49557725
>>49557676
Went ahead and illustrated the three schemes mentioned. Opinions? I'm leaning toward the red scheme seeing it all together.
>>
Not sure if it would be better here or in the Age of Sigmar ib4 Age of Smegmar general, but I'm looking at the Celestial Vindicators scheme for Stormcast Eternals, and the book has them washed with Coelia Greenshade, while the WHTV video uses Nuln Oil. If anyone's done up some CVs, which did you end up using, and how did it turn out? Also, did you bother with the blue undercoat before the Sotek Green, or was it just right over whatever primer you had?
>>
>>49557917
There is white backed transfer paper, could have saved you some time.
>>
>>49558162
You can, but the primer will bond better to the naked material than the paint does. Also, you may end up obscuring details.
>>
File: Astorath.png (2MB, 603x2115px) Image search: [Google]
Astorath.png
2MB, 603x2115px
>>49558477
I reprimed my figure to black (which I already had primed to a flesh tone cause I had another colour scheme in mind for them) and it actually came out better. I think the new layer filled in any imperfections but didn't lose any of the detail to the model.

As well I just finished the jump pack for my Astorath, may as well get some feedback.
>>
How do you guys prime your Marines? I popped the guns off their sprues already, but they're not attached; backpacks and pauldrons are still on the sprue. Legs, arms, and heads are already attached, and they're based (I really don't like working with the whole "drill a hole and use a paperclip" deal, not to mention I don't have a pin vise drill). What's the best way to go about priming these with spray? Odds are I'll blow the guns all over the place with the spray can if they're loose, and I don't need nearly all of the sprue primed right now (plus it'll be unprimed in the areas I have to cut the sprues off/smooth it down).
>>
File: nob 1.jpg (457KB, 1192x1812px) Image search: [Google]
nob 1.jpg
457KB, 1192x1812px
I'm quite satisfied how he turned out. Especially with shoulderpads and choppa.
>>
>>49558176
Clay sculpting tools. The metal ones work fine but the silicon tipped ones are even better. Always keep your tools and the green stuff itself wet.
>>
>>49557302
If only you put some depth into it instead of using a crap dry brush technique where you have missed whole hunks. The same with the mumakil. Obviously sped through with no real care, it should be a crime in a mini that detailed, and definatly a faux pas to keep posting it on Wip as if you have finished and no ones told you what a shitty job you have done
>>
>>49558819
Poster TAC and toothpicks or just poster tacddepending on the part
>>
>>49558844
only 199 more to go
>>
>>49556781
>>
So I nicked my car with a rock.

Will painting ardcoat over the metal stop it rusting?
>>
>>49556781
You post the fucking link farm.
>>
>>49557109
I wish.

Basilisks are the same though.
Inb4 plastic medusas.
>>
File: DGupdate.jpg (1MB, 1632x2936px) Image search: [Google]
DGupdate.jpg
1MB, 1632x2936px
>>49556781
1000p Death Guard guy here. Okay, the base layers are finally done. Looks pretty shitty at this point, but the magic is about to happen.

>>49557268
Vermin Brown, a careful wash with Gryphonne Sepia or Reikland Flesh. Then broad highlights with Vermin Brown again and final thin highlights with Bleached Bone.

>>49557302
Well, you made some fast progress there. Looks pretty good!

>>49558208
Replied to you in the other thread, but i don't know which one will pull through, so: Blue because it's easier to make blue look good.

>>49558748
Wings and parchment came out really nice, but the gold looks a bit flat and could use a wash and maybe some highlights.

>>49558844
Great work, as usual.
>>
>>49558844
Looks fuckin RAD anon. pops.
>>
File: Nid3.jpg (215KB, 908x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Nid3.jpg
215KB, 908x1210px
Like, 90% finished.
>>
File: Nid2.jpg (242KB, 908x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Nid2.jpg
242KB, 908x1210px
>>49560866
Another angle
>>
File: rifle4.jpg (40KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
rifle4.jpg
40KB, 405x720px
AMR-anon here, the original version built off a Reaper Autocannon looked awesome but was far too big for even a Marine to reasonably carry with their stumpy range of arm poses, so I got hacking with my razor saw and substituted a Heavy Bolter reciever. It's still huge but more reasonable.

Design-wise, it's a heavy AMR and thus has no foregrip like you'd expect on a conventional sniper rifle because even a Marine can't properly shoulder this rifle and it's intended to be fired from the bipod at all times. Being a Chaos Marine he doesn't give much of a fuck about procedure and is inappropriately holding the weapon half-shouldered by the barrel instead of the dedicated carry handle because it's quicker to deploy this way. That's my logic to get around modelling limitations. Thoughts?
>>
>>49561189
Mh, i'm split on this one. For one the conversion is top notch and the gun looks great. For the other, it's just a *tad* too massive and big for the marine. Reminds me of certain anime where the protagonist slings around weapons that are big enough to topple buildings. If that's what you like, go for it.
>>
>>49561189
It's well done, that's for sure. But it just looks too comical, even for 40k. Not to mention you could probably never bring that anywhere to play the game with it. But if you just want to keep it around at home, I say keep going for it. It looks nice, just not something I'd do personally.
>>
>>49557109
Yes, 4 years ago they put 3 in a box for £50
>>
>>49561189
Only thing I find a tad bad is teh awefulyl small ammobelt..
>>
File: Anzio20mm.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Anzio20mm.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>>49561207
I agree, and I'd LOVE to be able to shrink it by like 10-15%, more than anything so I can get the marine to hold it by something more sensible than the barrel. The original was beyond silly though. That said, you look at shit like pic related and the PTRD-41, and consider this is supposed to be an Autocannon, the main gun on a Predator, and maybe it's better it's a little huge.

>>49561240
>Not to mention you could probably never bring that anywhere to play the game with it.
It's an Autocannon. Chaos gets -some- nice toys.
>>
>>49561298
Agreed, the belt feed fits the Chaos aesthetic but I'm considering scratchbuilding a fat fuck BAR magazine.
>>
I'm in a bit of a pickle and hope that you guys can help.

I tried posing one of my figures with its arm raised and intended to let the gluevdry over night but the arm apparently somehow lost hold and slipped out of place and is now glued on extremely awkwardly.

Is there a save way to dissolve that glue without damaging the model? The figure isn't painted yet, so no worries about paint. It's a regular SM Captain made of plastic and I'm using Revell glue.
>>
>>49557094
Holy shit, this is a thing of beauty.
>>
>>49559380

Not the guy you are replying to but you are exactly what puts people off posting in wip.

>definatly a faux pas to keep posting it on Wip

Yea holy shit, its definitely a retarded move to post your work in progress models in the work in progress thread, what a fucking moron, i wonder where he got such a spastic idea from.
>>
>>49557959
Take some paint from the pot with your brush and put it on your palette.

Then, get some water on your brush, and mix that in with the paint on the palette.
It should be the consistency of milk. If it is to runny, then it is to thin.

Don't put water in the actual pot, you need to know what your doing to get the mix right if you are doing it like that.
>>
>>49561407
You missed the point, the continuing on, ignoring what people have already suggested he do to clean it up is the annoying thing. Yes, that's it, ask what people think, receive suggestions, then ignore them! That's the shittiest type of person I can think of!
>>
>>49561407
>puts people off posting in wip

I'm not that guy either, but i'm perfectly okay with seeing less paint gore in this thread. And i really don't care if we have to get rid of a few scrubs to archieve that. This isn't a hugbox. If they want people to lie to their face, then they can fuck off to reddit for all i care.
>>
>>49561717
you can criticize a work without doing it in such a way that makes it look like your primary goal is to hurt the guys feelings. instead of just telling the guy you didnt like his paintjob, tell him how you think he could have done it better.
i'd rather see a flow of pictures from new painters finding their feet than a bunch of posts of people tearing it apart and one guy posting some golden demon models.
>>
>>49561717
Thanks for the back up, I wasn't however saying bad stuff shouldn't be posted, I was more saying if you post something your next post should show improvement, not just another post of it saying "finished"
>>
>>49561870
That's the point, , he was told on the previous thread, but instead of listening to people he has just carried on unhindered. If your not gonna listen, don't post!
>>
>>49561898
oh, i didnt know it was a continuation of something, i was commenting on just the general policy of the threads.
>>
>>49561920
Which I whole heartedly agree with, it's good to have a place where you can receive true Crtique so you can improve
>>
>>49561367

If it melts plastic together there's a chance a bit of force can remove it still, you'll get a lot of strings and have to clean up the torso once it's dried but I've salvaged late night bad-ideas the next morning this way.

If it just sticks the pieces together with a glue layer in between you can try jimmying it with your hobby knife and slicing though.

If worst comes to worst you'll have to sacrifice the whole arm to the ravenous clipper god.
>>
>>49557092
It's been Online Exclusive for a long time. Don't quote me on this but since it's an old-ass kit it might get updated along the lines of the Hydra/Wyvern dual kits and include parts for a Medusa.
I might be just be wishlisting but this old piece of shit doesn't even have crew anymore in the kit since GW decided to cut back on metals.
For my part, I'm waiting a while before I get any.
>>
File: Helbrute Iron warriors WIP.jpg (953KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Helbrute Iron warriors WIP.jpg
953KB, 1920x2560px
I've just about finished this guy, Just have some cleaning up to do, and the base of course.
>>
>>49558059
lel
Don't do this or you'll come running back wondering why your paints are fucked. Use a wet palette (google it, it's not difficult to make), get your paint on that and thin with water to find the sweet spot where it both covers and flows well.
>>
>>49558423
No one gives a fuck about precisely which colours you use to achieve a scheme. If it looks good to you, run with it. Try out a bunch of variants and see how they look IRL.
>>
>>49556918
I'm into this one late, but what technique did you use on the fabric? It almost looks like blending achieved by airbrush.
>>
File: artorias sword.jpg (12KB, 471x628px) Image search: [Google]
artorias sword.jpg
12KB, 471x628px
For the benefit of the anon who asked in the previous thread regarding the sword:

>>49550860

The sword I got I commissioned from Cosplay-Shops for entirely too much money because I had no other options at the time. Its 4 1/2 feet long and mostly fiberglass. Its pretty cool overall, but while it looks detailed from afar the closer I get to it the less happy I am with the detailing on the guard, since the fact that it is all done in plastic tubing makes it look too much like an obvious prop for my tastes. That's the part that I am hoping to fix by filling in some gaps for more solid shapes and variety instead of squiggly tubes.

If you really want an Artorias sword, try Etsy. There is a guy making Artorias's sword on there for less than half what I paid for mine out of wood and 6 feet long. I probably would have bought from him if it wasn't for the fact that he didn't start selling until over a month after I placed my commission with CS. Probably a better deal, though so far all he has is work in progress photos.

Sorry for the interruption, everyone else. I just felt I owed him that information.
>>
>>49562260
Yup. It is. The final highlights were by hand. Other than the base colour of Vallejo Model Air Mahogany, the colours used were from the Scale 75 Fantasy&Game red/orange/yellow set.
>>
File: 300_xerxes_0.jpg (43KB, 550x391px) Image search: [Google]
300_xerxes_0.jpg
43KB, 550x391px
I really want my soldiers to have a golden skintone.

What colours should I use?
>>
>>49562415

Swords aren't cheap. $100 wall hangers literally fall apart when swung. Quality swords can be had for $250-500 but they will be plain and tend to be arming or long swords. A good sword is minimum $850 or $1000 USD with the ones you would trust your life with are $1250 to $1500. And these are for 4 foot long swords.

The large Japanese style weapons and giant zweihanders don't necessarily cost more due to size, but you will have to pay the same premium price for reduction in weight. A $300 great sword weighs 15 pounds and is unusable in actual combat. The same sword made by a real swordsmith costs $750 and weighs 5 pounds.

So don't be surprised if a mere cosplay stick costs a lot, because the shape and fitment of the parts have to be made from hand, from scratch. That's what you're paying for, even if the fit and finish isn't too good. Remember this shit is smelted out of metal. Of course a wood carving will be cheaper and easier.
>>
>>49562602
You could try blending flesh tones with gold pigment, or a very very thin coat/drybrush of gold so that the skin tone sort of 'shines' through.
>>
>>49562850
Sorry, that's an expression I have in my language, maybe you don't have the same.

With golden skintone I mean that sahara/arabian/persian/indian skin, not actually gold.
>>
File: DSCN0217.jpg (873KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0217.jpg
873KB, 3264x2448px
>>49562602

I did this Salamander the other day.

Its just light brown basecoat, brown wash, light brown highlights.

Instead of washing with brown, wash with a yellow-brown wash like Seraphim Sepia, or AP Soft Tone.

Or experiment with yellow wash and brown wash mixed together.
>>
File: DSC02152.jpg (163KB, 2048x703px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02152.jpg
163KB, 2048x703px
>>49562956
Scale 75 do a very good skin tones paint set that I have used to get a range of skin colours for my Kingdom Death models.
>>
File: 20160929_164851.jpg (716KB, 1240x1069px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_164851.jpg
716KB, 1240x1069px
been painting some zombicide black plague heroes
>>
>>49562814

I didn't mean to disparage the work that went into it. But the guy from the previous thread seems interested in getting one, and it felt prudent to let him know that a cheaper option was available elsewhere than where I got it.
>>
File: Zn8xViT.jpg?1.jpg (502KB, 2327x2459px) Image search: [Google]
Zn8xViT.jpg?1.jpg
502KB, 2327x2459px
I'm not sure how to finish this guy, I want to make the fur lining his gear stand out more from the gear.

Any other tips would be appreciated too
>>
File: snail.png (3MB, 1569x2077px) Image search: [Google]
snail.png
3MB, 1569x2077px
Working on my snail, about 50% done and a lot to do with his base as well
>>
Trying to think up a good base for HH Dark Angels. I think a red desert would provide the best contrast with the black armour but I would also like a forest base as if they were on Caliban or some similar world.

Anyone have any input? I prefer the idea of a forest base but I'm worried it will just make things black and brown and dark green.
>>
File: 2_2404.jpg (200KB, 1024x740px) Image search: [Google]
2_2404.jpg
200KB, 1024x740px
>>49562956
Ah okay, I thought you meant tropes like Xerxes and pic related where they've literally been rubbed with oils and pigments to give their skin a golden sheen.

>>49562983
Hold the phone. Am I racist or does that Salamander head actually have negroid features like the broad nose and full lips?
>>
>>49563952
>Am I racist
Recognizing somatic features is not racist.
>>
>>49563244
Maybe add white tips?
>>
File: 20160929_115822.jpg (115KB, 547x800px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_115822.jpg
115KB, 547x800px
Here's my progress so far on General Sorin (for Star Wars Imperial Assault). I have a little bit of touching up to do, then some details, then washes, then more details. I would like to do the eyes, but I really don't think I have a steady enough hand to try.

He should be done very soon, maybe even in time for our campaign session on Sunday. Then I'll be able to dive into another project. Thanks to a wonderful, warm, dry, still day on Monday, I have 20-some figures primed and ready to paint. I think I'll do Han Solo or the Royal Guard Champion next.
>>
File: fsgsdfgdf.jpg (4MB, 2530x1562px) Image search: [Google]
fsgsdfgdf.jpg
4MB, 2530x1562px
'stealer cultists with some new wrecker boys I made using Ork bits.
>>
>>49564743
I happen to have a tyranid force ready to repaint which are going to use purple skin tone just like your genestealers. Any chance I can get a few tips on that?
>>
File: adadw.jpg (58KB, 1179x483px) Image search: [Google]
adadw.jpg
58KB, 1179x483px
>>49563952
yep it definitely has african features.

I did the opposite with it, and painted it albino, with pinprick black eyes, because it looks great for Space Sharks, almost like a literal shark man
>>
>>49564930
>>49564930
1. genestealer purple basecoat.
2. purple wash.
3. 50/50 rakarth flesh, genestealer purple.
4. re-do some more wash into crevices.

this is whats on the abherrants, and patriarch

if you want a even whiter highlight, i'd recommend maybe 50/50 genestealer purple, and something off-white like pallid wych flesh.
>>
>>49563047
nice, the girl looks positively wicked
>>
>>49564988

What is GW's hardon with unhelmeted marines.

What the fuck
>>
>>49564225
My 'racist' dilemma was whether I was seeing racial features that weren't actually there simply because of the colour its painted.
>>
Is any one taking part in the PMP league's 6 month group build?
>>
>>49563952
Clearly a nigger head, but that's also a near standard sculpt for old GW
>>
File: 20160929_205207.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_205207.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
How am I doing?
>>
File: 20160929_205216.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_205216.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Back view
>>
>>49556781
mumarkfag plz leave
>>
>>49566263
Pretty good, don't forget to highlight.
>>
File: 1467271422439.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1467271422439.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>49566263
>>
>>49566263
you have ruined those models, the paint is way way too thick. Strip it, go watch a video on thinning paint.
>>
>>49564743
Damn. I'm really tempted to get some cultists.
Lovely work, anon.
>>
File: 20160929_155111.jpg (110KB, 572x840px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_155111.jpg
110KB, 572x840px
So just trying to clean up Astorath now but I am really conflicted on his face. I thought his expression would be cool to make into a mask but I have no clue if that shade of red makes it look good or if I should go with gold. Or if I should just scrap the idea all together.
>>
>>49566263
Thin ya paints m8. Rules of 3, always paint 3 layers of thin paints to create a nice even, smooth coat.
>>
>>49560514
Thanks, also I already washed the gold with Agrax, it looks better in person but I do want to do highlights, for the gold but will probably leave that for last.
>>
>>49566587
Reminds me of a kabuki or harlequin mask. Looks not bad, but doesn't work at all with the body.
>>
>>49566739
Think it's just the colour or the concept of it being a mask? Cause now I am even considering going with a really dark silver tone.
>>
Any one got recommendations for good Night lord's shoulder pads? Looking at https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=154 for now. Like it but not sure it's Night lordy enough.
>>
>>49560514
I can only hope you will paint them accordingly, because the conversions are just great.

Where did you get the front plate for the rhino on the right? And the tank tracks?
>>
>>49566830
Would look better if they were bat wings. I have no clue where you would find something like that though.
>>
File: 9848179.png (237KB, 271x421px) Image search: [Google]
9848179.png
237KB, 271x421px
>>49566263
I've seen some shit.
>>
>>49556918
Beautiful bro. Make sure to give us pics of the finished version
>>
>>49566769
The colour certainly doesn't help. But honestly, Astoroth's face is so badly sculpted that it hardly even looks human. If it would be up to me, i would just switch the head alltogether. His expression doesn't work at all with his pose and the combination of face, pose and armour just make him look like a very edgy goth on his first larp. I don't have any other quality advice on how to fix it, sorry.

>>49566855
Front plate is the inside of a FW chaos landraider door. As far as i know all of them have the same plate on the inside.

Tracks are made by blood and skulls industry and can be bought on ebay.
>>
>>49566263
looks like chocolate icing on the bases.
>>
>>49567257
Thanks for the opinion anyways. I painted the face with Leadbelcher and did a heavy was of Nuln, it actually looks pretty good now and think imma stick with it. Thanks.
>>
>>49566263
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
>>49566286
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
>>
>>49567594
That's really constructive dude, I'm sure that will help him improve his painting skills for the future.
>>
>>49567621
>2016
>still thinking /wip/ is about constructive advice
>>
>>49567703
>2016
>still thinking being a cunt is useful and will make Daddy love you
>>
>>49566587
It might be a little late now but with all that red and black already on the model a white mask might give an interesting contrast. The same hue of red as the armour might make it all blur together.
>>
>>49568094
Was considering white hair/grey hair.
>>
File: 20160929_142941.jpg (910KB, 1328x2062px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_142941.jpg
910KB, 1328x2062px
Got my board more or less finished up

Just got to get a vindicare and Snikrot painted up.

The vindicare will be in the red oval pointing his rifle at the warboss, and snikrot will be behind him in the green oval
>>
>>49568128
Not a bad idea, you can give the mask pretty stark highlights too to make it stand out.
>>
>>49564743
Really nice, crisp and clean.
>>
>>49568181
Hmm, will try Ironbreaker ith a lil Evil Sunz Scarlet to layer on the mask and see where that takes me. Or I just use Gehenna's Gold.
Ran into a snag though, glued the model to the jump pack and it turns out the nickle I used to weight the base was not enough. Shoved a few cut outs from washers into the terrain and glued a washer on the base just to add more weight, now I have to wait a few hours for the glue to dry.
>>
File: Sep 29 2016.jpg (454KB, 1502x2003px) Image search: [Google]
Sep 29 2016.jpg
454KB, 1502x2003px
Finished Flower Knight
>>
>>49568794
Stunning. Your pumpkin's face is better than most people's model's actual faces
>>
>>49568826
Flawless.
>>
What would you guys say the "majority" color is on the blue/purple Genestealer Cultists?

Tryna figure out what color to spray them down with to start out that will save me the most time and effort.
>>
>>49556781
How do I paint Horus Heresy Night Lords? I cant seem to find a good dark blue color for them.
>>
>>49558748
that's a really cool effect that you've gotten with the feathers
>>
Sup /wip/

So because the actual keeper of secret model is ugly as sin, what do you think of the potential of converting pic related? Planning in giving it claws etc and a bunch of slaaneshi icons.
>>
File: IMG_1890.jpg (1MB, 4000x2664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1890.jpg
1MB, 4000x2664px
>>49557268
Very nice work. I like those robes.
>>
>>49568794
Astonishingly good.
>>49558748
I've saved this pic to reference for purity seal painting on future models.
>>
>>49569920
Sound plan. Easy enough to sculpt on cloven hooves and even make it androgynous if you want.
>>
File: 20160929_202550.jpg (129KB, 514x686px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_202550.jpg
129KB, 514x686px
So Astorath has been eating too many muffins and became too heavy for his base. So now I have to redo the entire base and weigh it down heavy enough so it doesn't tip. Did a base coat of grey for his hair which I was planning on making white, though now I am conflicted if it would look good, opinions?
>>
Hey guys, there is a local Painting contest 'round where I live. The Halloween theme this year is "Eldritch horror" I could do any model but it will have points against it if it's not in theme, and will not be accepted if there is not at least one tentacle on the figure or in the scenic base. Any suggestions for miniatures?
>>
>>49567621
0/10, at least you tried.
>>
File: Chaos_Spawn_2.jpg (54KB, 740x531px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Spawn_2.jpg
54KB, 740x531px
>>49570440
Chaos Spawns, but that's without thinking.
>>
>>49570483
Eh...I'm trying to avoid 40k, I'm thinking about doing a Slenderman from Kingdom death but I don't know if that might be interesting enough to look at.
>>
File: DSC02327.jpg (1MB, 1246x1869px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02327.jpg
1MB, 1246x1869px
>>49570605
Slenderman is a great model to paint. I've painted it twice now.
>>
File: Collections.jpg (3MB, 5120x5120px) Image search: [Google]
Collections.jpg
3MB, 5120x5120px
>>49570605
>>
>>49569069
looks to be blue.
>>
>>49570717
>>49570734

That fun huh? alright I was already thinking about pulling the trigger think I will now. I have an idea to have a little girl from the "nightmare" warjack hiding behind a tree or something.
>>
File: time to get started.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
time to get started.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Let's do this.
>>
File: sfsg.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
sfsg.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>49570828
So far so good...
>>
>>49562983
man I gotta comment on the face tattoo as I've been seeing it these last few /wip/s. it's waay too dark. Try using a dark blue. Think about how old SMs can live to be and then look at old sailors and their tattoos.
>>
>>49568177
i like the inclusion of snikrot
>>
>>49570734
Okay, this is seriously amazing/creepy.... What company is this from?
>>
>>49571826
Kingdom death

https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/in-stock/products/slenderman-expansion
>>
so WIP general, what's the difference between Biel-tan Green and Coelia Greenshade in terms of say how they would look layered over Rakarth Flesh?
>>
OP here with some progress pics of the Mumakil crew
>>
File: IMG_20160928_240250901_HDR.jpg (52KB, 548x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160928_240250901_HDR.jpg
52KB, 548x974px
>>49571938
working on a Lizardmen army, and own a bottle of Biel-Tan green and don't feel like buying another slightly different shade for 5 models, but also don't want to have it turn out utter garbo and have to strip 5 models.
>>
>>49571957
>>
>>49572114
>>
>>49569948
White is hard to paint, but this looks a tad chalky
>>
>>49572114
woah nice work on the elephant
>>
File: ultra_nid_and_sky.png (1MB, 1416x936px) Image search: [Google]
ultra_nid_and_sky.png
1MB, 1416x936px
Well, a few days ago I ran a dubs contest to see what I would paint a nid and ended up declaring my intentions to pain two nids.

Have only been able to clean up mold lines and base ultra nid since I was suddenly offered a job and am now moving into a new city.

So, progress is slow, but still moving.
>>
>>49572196
thanks!
>>
>>49568794
So much love thrown your way. mwah xoxo.
>>
>>49568794
>>49572234

Very much so... God damn that looks good... Are you painting this just to paint? or are you using it for a proxy for something?
>>
>>49572114
>>49572225
How many more days am I going to have to see this elephant in all its 20 different angles single post replied to itself? Make a collage or something man, and besides, didnt you finish it yesterday, why you gotta keep posting it over and over? It's not like you'll take any advice anyway.
>>
>>49572256
He's probably using it for Kingdom Death, the game it's from, though quite a few peeps have multiple models like the slenderman guy above, so who knows :p
>>
>>49572224
Grats. Look forward to seeing them painted.
>>
>>49572285
>>
>>49572327
>>
File: space_marine_assault_artwork.jpg (83KB, 300x436px) Image search: [Google]
space_marine_assault_artwork.jpg
83KB, 300x436px
>>49565422
>What is GW's hardon with unhelmeted marines.

The blessed protection of auto-senses is no substitute for the unfiltered din of battle.
>>
>>49568794
Not everyday you see professional grade work on 4chan. Great work!
>>
>>49572512
He needs to apply for GW's 'eavy Metal team..
>>
>>49561973

Hey man at least he stopped with the namefagging
>>
>>49562020

>big fuckin gaps ERRYWER

Come on, man.
>>
Am I lazy if I use an airbrush to apply basecoat and main highlight?
>>
>>49572625
:( Why is everyone on here so fucking mean spirited? Jesus, I just posted literally a model I *was* sort of proud of. I think I'm now more angry and annoyed that I can't post something I put time into, without it being torn apart.

Whatever you fags, keep on being assholes to each other then. I won't post here anymore
>>
>>49572681
Those guys are dicks, your mumakil is dope. I don't blame you if you leave.
>>
File: Wd112p07IGWoundedxx-01.jpg (39KB, 900x260px) Image search: [Google]
Wd112p07IGWoundedxx-01.jpg
39KB, 900x260px
So, I have been painting and building for the last 12 hours while BoJack was playing in the background and I just found out I finished season 2.

Those 12 hours have now just hit me.

pic related
>>
>>49572681
Yisssss, another scrub bites the dust. Enjoy your reddit fggit.

Srsly, if you're looking for your own personal hugbox, you belong on reddit. If you you can't handle artistic critique, that is.
>>
>>49562983
That Salamander triggers me. He should be legit Black, like charcoal or an Argentinian, not African. I rate your Deathwatch 7/10 for the dedication you've put into it, however.
>>
>>49572819
>Yisssss, another scrub bites the dust. Enjoy your reddit fggit.
>srsly

Cringe.
>>
>>49572681
Not any of those anons who posted.

Your Mumakil looks nice and you should be proud of it, having said that though the way you went about presenting it was pretty obnoxious. That's not a crime really but remember you are on a site famous for it's autistic shut ins.

Some people here don't like it when others "show off" (which is retarded because this is a wip thread). Keep posting your work, however my advice is only post pics if you are looking for advice on what to do with a project and when posting finished work take multiple pictures and fit it together in all one image using any art program. This is just to make it look like a "portfolio."

Now you don't have to do any of this, actually you can just keep doing what you are doing, idgaf. This is just how personally try to conduct my sharing here because it keeps the hordes of autismos at bay.
>>
>>49572681

I wasn't trashing your painting at all. I think the elephant looks great and I was surprised by the amount of progress you had on it through the course of one thread. Namefagging is annoying though.
The other guy is being a dick about it, but it does kinda seem like you were ignoring others' advice on it.

Here's the trick to taking criticism in these threads: Imagine the person speaking is doing so in a town that suggests they have at least 3 fewer black cocks shoved into their various bodily cavities and that's a more accurate representation of what's actually being said.

It's the internet. Can't be thin skinned.
>>
>>49572819
>artistic critique
>artistic

You spelled "autistic" wrong.
>>
>>49572819
The fact you get pleasure from putting people down, and trying to elevate your own opinion of yourself, is just quite sad. You're going to have a long and lonely life my friend...
>>
>>49572863
>Imagine the person speaking is doing so in a town that suggests...
>in a town

That should have been "in a manner". I have no idea where "town" came from.
>>
>>49572256
I got the flower knight expansion for Kingdom Death. So this is to play the game with everything painted.
>>
File: 1471976935756.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471976935756.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>49566263
>>49566286

By the Emperor.
>>
>>49572681
Oh, it's the same shit every thread. There are trolls a plenty on 4chan. There is literally nothing you can do, that people won't hate. Some anons dislike seeing the same model twice. Some anons expect you to follow their advice, once given, to the letter - or else! Some anons only want to see 10/10 cmon stuff in here and only 10/10 cmon stuff. Some anons just want everything to be nice and quite. Some anons want to literally rape you, every time you post something that doesn't fit their mile high standarts, because, you know, telling you to kill yourself improves your work, right? Some anons will hate you for using non-GW parts, some anons will hate you for recasting, some anons will hate you for airbrushing...

Look, it really doesn't matter. I myself don't mind seeing a painted mini a couple of times. I come here to see work logs, not to be a dick and be proud about it.

>>49572819
Pretty much this.
>>
>>49572840
>Argentinian
I get the referance.

>>49572224
>Ultranid
The meme comes to life!
>>
File: AK.jpg (64KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
AK.jpg
64KB, 300x300px
>>49572905
This guy uses a name but you don't call him out for "name-fagging". Why did I incur such anger? He's a better painter than me? Really great reasoning guys... anyway I'm out. Enjoy your lives of misery and thinly veiled self loathing
>>
>>49572681
>muh feelings
Muma-kill yourself.

Fucking newfags.
>>
>>49572956
You literally have more people defending you and treating you respectfully than those who are just being dickwads. But here you are acting like a moody teenager because he had to pause the latest Call of Duty because mommy told him to take out the trash.

Thread is better off without you bud.
>>
>>49562814
You seem to have some experience, so how does this look as a first sword? http://kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=CS88NORM&name=Cold+Steel+Norman+Sword+-+Man+at+Arms+Collection
>>
File: IMG_20160929_212922.jpg (2MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160929_212922.jpg
2MB, 4640x3480px
Boromite Mag light support gun, doing this for a buddy
>>
File: IMG_20160929_212947.jpg (2MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160929_212947.jpg
2MB, 4640x3480px
>>49573163
rear view with a couple X-launchers alongside
yellow is pain
>>
File: 1457004654293.jpg (193KB, 1057x801px) Image search: [Google]
1457004654293.jpg
193KB, 1057x801px
>>49572681
Holy smokes, another WIP happening!

How shall we dub this one?
>>
File: 7vamCz.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
7vamCz.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>49573188
>Legolas = mean anon critics
>Mûmakil = Mûmakil poster.
>>
File: gimli.jpg (59KB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
gimli.jpg
59KB, 960x404px
>>49573258

That still only counts as one.
>>
File: IMG_1897.jpg (3MB, 4000x2664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1897.jpg
3MB, 4000x2664px
>>49572161
Yeah, but it hasn't been varnished yet, so the texture will always look a little rough. Plus, compared to my the battle sisters in shiny black robes, a bit of chalkiness is OK.
>>
>>49562020
>that fokken ugly toenails that remind me of old people in public transport wearing sandals
10/10 would spread chaos with
>>
>>49571966
your lizards looks way way bettter with that yellow on spine and red shield.
>>
>>49573258
>>49573188
HAHAHAHAHA

R E K T

E

K

T

>>49572681
>>49572956
Capped for all time
>>
>>49560866
>>49560876
I like it. Duncan made a video on zoanthrope brains if you want to add a bit of glow.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CxKCl6giaTM
>>
>>49574124
Thanks. I'm a bit less certain about the head crest being yellow, but I think that might just be a reaction to seeing all the citadel guides having the crest be the same color as the main body.

Do love the way the yellow gives the model a big pop though.
>>
>>49573188
The Mûmakil meltdown.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=025oibV_Cfw
>>
>>49574209
duncan is a bro
>>
I'm this guy >>49572285

What this guy said is perfectly how I feel about this >>49572853
It's one thing to show your progress and your finished mini and be proud, but appearing to be seeking attention or ignoring the valid criticism is another. Everyone of various skill levels and talents can post, and not everyone has to follow the "how to take a photo in a home made lightbox etc" to the "T", it's all about how you present yourself and your work.
>>
>>49568794
How long did this take you?
>>
>>49574797
I would say over the last 5 days, including drying times and faffing with the airbrush, about 10 hours.
>>
File: Pz.IV 1.jpg (110KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
Pz.IV 1.jpg
110KB, 1184x666px
Ooowee
>>
>>49570745
Sounds like a good plan and should look really creepy. I would try and do some sort of OSL effect on the girl to reinforce the sense of her being alone in the dark with old slendy looming.
>>
File: rongnaybahood1.jpg (537KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
rongnaybahood1.jpg
537KB, 2000x1125px
Even slowgress is progress.
Going for a heavily rusted look and trying out a new method of painting ork skin.
>>
File: rongnaybahood2.jpg (570KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
rongnaybahood2.jpg
570KB, 2000x1125px
>>49575265
Flash gitz yellow + orkhide shade = radioactive 'ardboyz.
>>
>>49575279
They look...
... Virulent.

Good work on the metal, could maybe use a bit of shine somewhere tho, so they look like shitty metal, instead of looking orange.
>>
>>49575279
I've done something similar to my orks aswell. Try diffrent yellow tones and washes (biel-tan and camoshade) to add some variation. Overall very promising ladz.
>>
>>49575641
Don't worry, the turquoise parts will be copper and the orange iron.
The skin could also use another wash to darken it somewhat.

>>49575846
I'd rather a consistent tone, this is just supposed to be a quick and dirty paint job. I'll use a lighter shade for my gretchen though.
>>
>>49562983
That salamander is not black enough tho, but otherwise its good
>>
>>49572681
Hnnngh.

Fine. Paint your string.
You have real string on a plastic model it just makes the model look worse.
You've got to either paint it, or better yet dip it in PVC until it's shiny and stiff, and then paint it.

Hopefully that'll also fix the issue with some of the strings being too loose. It looks like a cat hocked up a furball all over your howdah.

See? We can be constructive. Go thin your fucking paints.
>>
File: Copper.jpg (76KB, 695x550px) Image search: [Google]
Copper.jpg
76KB, 695x550px
>>49575882
Oh sweet. Was going to say the cobalt copper needed some heavy loving.

Have a reference pic from someone way better than me.
>>
>>49570977
That's a big brush
>>
>>49575265
>>49575279
I am intruiged. Keep us updated brave anon
>>
File: Flower Knight.jpg (2MB, 3200x5120px) Image search: [Google]
Flower Knight.jpg
2MB, 3200x5120px
Last image for the Flower Knight collating together all the WIP and final piece.
>>
>>49566263
I see you saved money by just tipping the pot of paint onto the base instead of buying a pot of Stirland Mud.
>>
>>49576156
I think it's chocolate frosting.
>>
>>49576140
So what made you decide on the autumn theme?
>>
>>49576199
I think just that a lot of the other models in the range I had painted using greens, purples, blues, and deep reds. And most people have painted this model with greenish armour. I really wanted to nail the NMM so the orange against the cold blue of the steel was best. Plus I was feeling seasonal :D
>>
>>49562020

Use some Carroburg Crimson or a red wash of another sort for some variation of the skin tone (especially where it would be potentially inflamed around the metal that juts out of it, cabling entry points, etc). Maybe some mix with Druchi Violet for bruising.
Just a flat color with a dry brush looks too plain....

... as another anon already pointed out, those unfilled gaps are pretty bad.
>>
>>49575961
Hnng. Dat rust.
I'll try something similar but I doubt I can pull that off.

>>49576014
For you.
>>
>>49562020
Next time do a lot more dry fitting to see how much cleanup of the model you need to do. I suspect some of those gaps could have been dealt with by shaving off the plastic in places and using elastic bands to hold the pieces together while the polycement set. If you do all that at worst you would have just had to run some liquid green stuff around the seems and use a file.
>>
>>49575961
That looks nice and crunchy and rusty.
>>
>>49576249
I have heard (sic) that an unmixed or barely-mixed warplock bronze painted onto sand or stirland mud gives a good corroded coppoer.
>>
>>49560866
>>49560876
are those good on the board?
heard they are meh good against tanks, but need to get close, like the exocrine, but they only have a handful of good ones anyway.
>>
File: KoSwip15.jpg (561KB, 843x1189px) Image search: [Google]
KoSwip15.jpg
561KB, 843x1189px
>>49569920
I think it works pretty well.
>>
>>49571938
Coelia Greenshade is a turquoise more than a green.
>>
WIP nanoblock panda.
happy with my work so far but always looking for advice on how to improve.
>>
>>49576526
thin your paints
>>
>>49576540
im not sure if i wanted to keep the official colour scheme of black and white or if i wanted to do a custom panda chapter
>>
File: Hnnngh.gif (1MB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
Hnnngh.gif
1MB, 533x300px
>>49576575

was not the >pic related I wanted but.
>>
>>49576400
Ah that is so much nicer than the regular one.
>>
File: saint_duncan.jpg (218KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
saint_duncan.jpg
218KB, 1000x664px
>>49574259
>duncan is a bro

Praise be unto Him.
>>
>>49573163
>>49573181
like the colorscheme.
>>
File: Ice_bear_large.png (44KB, 1432x2807px) Image search: [Google]
Ice_bear_large.png
44KB, 1432x2807px
>>49576575

Your WIP needs more Ice Bear.
>>
>>49563047
zombicide minis are so fun to paint. i just basecoated all mine then did quickshade and minimal highlighting and think they look pretty good for board game minis. these here look good too. looking forward to getting my massive darkness pledge
>>
>>49568794
amazing model. i commented about it on /r/minipainting as well. id like to follow your work, is darker days radio your podcast?
>>
File: thick.jpg (68KB, 634x609px) Image search: [Google]
thick.jpg
68KB, 634x609px
>>49566263
>>
File: KoSwip12.jpg (399KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KoSwip12.jpg
399KB, 790x1000px
>>49576680
Thanks. There are some problems with it though; Since I added so much extra custom modeling, it's quite top heavy, which makes it hard on the small contact areas at the base. And I had to build it completed in one piece, so it was a pain to paint. And it's really hard to transport, but that's a problem with all large monsters.
It was a lot of fun to make though, and I'd love to see other people's take on a conversion.
>>
>>49573720
What model is that?
>>
>>49575900
i tried the coal black skin, but it looks shit with black armour.
>>
File: IMG_20160930_174448.jpg (977KB, 700x2569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_174448.jpg
977KB, 700x2569px
Update on my DKOK leman russ and killa kan, still laying in the base colors for the tank, killa kan is soon finished, needs more cleaning up and highlight. Ill ask this again in case i find some answers this time: anyone know where i could find 60-70mm round lip bases? For the killa kan and many others. I could only find 50mm or 80-120mm after extensive searching. Should i just model them myself in Blender and have them 3D printed? Thanks
>>
File: IMG_20160930_160511.jpg (455KB, 2111x1675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160930_160511.jpg
455KB, 2111x1675px
Working on the deathwatch overkill genestealer cult to see if I like them enough to make an army...so far I'm really digging them,even if its still really early days yet.
>>
>>49561189
it's too big, ya tard
>>
>>49557959
To keep the paint from running all over have a paper towel handy and dab the brush on it a couple of times before you put it to the model. Having to much material in your brush is called "loading it". You really dont ever want to paint with a loaded brush. Thin the piss out of your paints, get rid of the excess and apply in multipe thin layers. You'll get a feel for what works best.
>>
>>49562983
>Salamander not jet black
>African lips and nose
>>
For my armies on parade, should I do
>khorne + slaanesh daemons army display
>Slaanesh daemons only army display
>Orks vs slaanesh daemons battle display
>>
>>49577532
>anyone know where i could find 60-70mm round lip bases? For the killa kan and many others.
Okay first off that killa kan is beautiful.
Secondly, what the hell are you doing with round lip bases? They look terrible.

Personal bias aside I think if you check out Secret Weapon Miniatures and Dragonforge you might find a nonstandard size, because those two make their own generic bases as templates for their premodeled resin bases.

Failing that you could probably make them yourself by using a drill as a makeshift lathe.
Drill a hole into some 5mm - or however thick they should be - mdf and put a nut an bolt around that before putting it into a drill or rotary tool.
>>
File: IMG_20160903_110256.png (1MB, 800x1099px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160903_110256.png
1MB, 800x1099px
>>49578316
Thanks! have had plenty of fun with the kan, ordered a metallic OOP deff dread and anxious to get to painting it, will buy more killa kans later.

About the bases, I already am too far with basing some of my minis with round lip bases, so i think its too late now, but i understand your argument. Here is a wip of one of my death riders with a round lip base.
>>
>>49578316
Oh and I think for me it would be easier just to 3D print them, i have no tools for such things and i have experience with 3D modelling. I have searched through all the sites you mentioned, only 60mm base i could find was a slate base full of shit i dont want.
>>
>>49578394
>>49578409
>I have searched through all the sites you mentioned, only 60mm base i could find was a slate base full of shit i dont want.
but Dragonforge has them
http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/for%20sale/base_blanks_roundlip.htm
>>
File: Capture.png (65KB, 1049x384px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
65KB, 1049x384px
Who was it?
>>
File: IMG_1252.jpg (102KB, 1376x1720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1252.jpg
102KB, 1376x1720px
Brewmaster for malifaux. Hopefully now that he is painted he will perform better. Currently 0-6 in my league.
>>
>>49579048
Me ;)
>>
File: My_Dudes.png (1MB, 883x645px) Image search: [Google]
My_Dudes.png
1MB, 883x645px
What does your backlog look like, /wip/?
These guys are up next, right after my HH Night Lords.
>>
File: Meh(2).jpg (125KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
Meh(2).jpg
125KB, 980x735px
Just completed this one trying out how washes can paint a model instead of actual paint. Used a hybrid technique to do the skin and whatnot. Sorry for the ass photo.
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
These little things are so sexy holy shit
>>
>>49579842
Mold line on the right arm.

They are sexy, though. Fuck, I'm broke. I need some for Renegade conversions.
>>
>>49579249
Well, I look forward to the pics so you can join the collage. What chapter?
>>
>>49579842
I feel like those cultists maybe paired with Skitarii coats could make pretty cool Delaque gangers for Necromunda. They have a lot of goggle heads, too.
Looking good there.
>>
>>49579727
I'm impressed by the collections that I see on this board, but I can never understand how backlogs get so big. Did you buy all of these fuckers at a super obvious deal? That's a whole army of dudes. I might just be stupid but I don't buy any more models until I've finished painting all of the models I own.

Also, do you have pics of your Night Lords? I love me some batmen.
>>
>>49579842
arent hey supposed to ship tomorrow?

they are indeed sexy, preordered them already.
will have so much fun with them.

If I may ask you kindly good sir, could you post a picture of the head choices please?
>>
>>49580070
I'm not painting him, I just wanted to steal the mini away from someone else at a good price.
>>
>>49580489
Got them a little early.
It's kinda late for the head choices sadly as I already assembled them and put the remaining bits in the bits box, there's pics of the sprues on the gw website
>>
>>49580637
unfortunately the sprue pics show the backside of the heads. but thanks anyway
>>
>>49576959
I hope this method of telling people to thin their paints continues on forever.
>>
Building another hut, even if I have nobody to fucking play with.
>>
>glue jams up
>primer spray fucks up because of weather
>pauldron mysteriously goes missing

I think this box is conspiring to not get done in time for my next game. Any tips on superglue brands that don't require me to use a pair of wrenches to get the cap off after using it?
>>
>>49581737

Superglue just does that once it's opened. Even if you don't use it, once it's exposed to air it will harden out over time. That's why I use small tubes of Bison, good enough for 15 minis. Bigger ones might cost less but I end up throwing away most of it.
>>
>>49582163
Happen to have a specific one you usually use? Seems like there's a lot of options and all of them are pretty costly, but if it works, it works. Hopefully either locally stocked or Amazon available, I've got till next Saturday to get a kill-team together with an 80-hour+ work week.
>>
>>49582211

I don't have my kit with me at the moment but it's just the Bison super glue repair kit I think. It comes with little 4ml tubes iirc.
>>
File: Astorath.png (2MB, 458x2893px) Image search: [Google]
Astorath.png
2MB, 458x2893px
Finished Astorath
>>
I want to make waves of orange/brown transparent water (whiskey) on bases. How Could I achieve effect like that? I got myself drunkard crew for mallifaux and I want to make them look like they're standing on bamboo poles/barrels in pool of whiskey.
>>
>>49582464
mixing inks with your water effect?
>>
>>49582444
Pretty good. That weird base is really gonna get in the way if you ever try to play with him, though. The only way for him to get into base contact is by turning his back to the enemy.
>>
>>49582444
I know he's supposed to have red muscles and black outlines, but damned if this doesn't fit the theme of Death Company so much better
>>
>>49582404
Not seeing a listing anywhere, unfortunately.

Marine color scheme check. Castellan Green + Warplock Bronze won't look too horrific together, right? The kill-team I'm assembling/painting is a color scheme test for my eventual FW MkIII-armored army, and from the B&C army painter's looks, they should be fine. Just not sure if anyone's used the combination in the past.
>>
>>49582444

Ha, penis base
>>
>>49582491
Good cause I am playing him with a Death Company Army.

>>49582489
This I did not think of...
>>
>>49582505

http://www.bison.net/en/products/644-super-glues/product/2056-super-glue-gel/

This is the stuff, not sure where to get it where you live. I can just walk into most hobby/hardware stores here and find it for a reasonable price.
>>
>>49580348
Yeah, I got most of them in a single lump. I'm a recovering ebay addict, if that explains anything.
I don't have any good NL pics as of yet. I'm the guy from a few threads back who was stripping all the pewter Chaos Raptors. They'll get painted as soon as the new bases show up.
I've only just started on the non-jump troops today since my FW order of upgrade kits just came in.

The Valhallan pic was a whim. I wasn't sure how many I had. So I laid 'em all out, and began wondering who else has so much to finish.

But while we're on the topic of Night Lords, I've been looking at the ultramarines blue base coat spray from Army Painter. Does anyone know if it's dark enough to pull off midnight clad?
>>
File: Future_Night_Lords_Legion.png (993KB, 767x620px) Image search: [Google]
Future_Night_Lords_Legion.png
993KB, 767x620px
>>49582546
Actually, screw it. Here are my Night Lords to be.
Not shown are the Calth marines I'll be turning into Terror Squads and such.

The bag is a Sicaran and the miscellaneous resin bits up top combine to form a primarch.
>>
Does anyone have the link that's usually in the OP on what to use when stripping?

What would I use when stripping resin? (US)
>>
Anyone know any tips for cleaning up what seems to be pewter slag from a mini? I ordered some from Cadwallon, and one of them has a fuckload on the back. I've shaved some of it down from the back, but It's a slow going process.
>>
>>49577370
Daughter of the Crucible by Raging Heroes.
>>
File: IMG_2607.jpg (450KB, 843x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2607.jpg
450KB, 843x1500px
>>49579727
I have a bunch... I'm always interested in the potential of a new model, and I like building and converting them... But I'm a slow painter.
>>
>>49579727
11 Skitarii, a tactical squad, and a fire warrior squad. Not that bad, but heavy work schedule and no glue.
>>
what do you guys store models in? I don't just want to put them on my shelf to collect dust, I'm really lazy about cleaning it.
>>
File: IMG_0328.jpg (332KB, 1010x756px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0328.jpg
332KB, 1010x756px
>>49579727
I have a pretty large backlog. this isn't even all of it, just what i have organized. I think I also have a crop pod and half to finish, and several gundam models that need painting.
>>
>>49584331
*drop pod, even
>>
>>49584327
I am also asking this, I am considering a large fishing, tackle box.
>>
>>49584411
I store mine in one of those plastic utility drawers, for moving them I just use a carrying case with foam.
>>
>>49584331
Ooo, very nice
>>
>>49584327
Sabol Designs pluck foam carrying trays and case.
>>
>>49584327
Generic transparent plastic box. On the shelf.
>>
File: blue-moon.jpg (253KB, 1500x524px) Image search: [Google]
blue-moon.jpg
253KB, 1500x524px
with al the genestealer cult buzz goin on i realized that i never posted a groupshot of my cult

all mini's in the cult have been posted in some state on /wip before
>>
This is probably an extremely dumb question, but is it possible to re-paint something, or will it come out worse-looking?

I found my set of ultrasmurfs and tyranids that I had painted when I was 9 years old, and to no suprise, they're awful. I did the basecoat properly on all of the units according to a few vids on YT, and did a half-decent job on some bolters, but everything else looks like a retard filling up a coloring book

Would I want to remove the paint with chemicals, or just simply paintover them?
>>
>>49584327
https://www.amazon.com/STERILITE-03078601-Ultra-Seal-Storage-Piece/dp/B01CGHZQXU/ref=sr_1_3?srs=2601327011&ie=UTF8&qid=1475281276&sr=8-3

something like those is what I use while in various states or building/painting.

Then I have a homemade Magnetic Storage Tray system for once the models are complete
>>
>>49585189
Simple Green. Dump them in and let them soak for a day or more.

Scrub with toothbrush

Repaint.
>>
>>49581119

>even if I have nobody to fucking play with.
I know the feel man.
>>
Is How to Paint Genestealer Cults live yet?

I wanna know which colors to snag for my airbrush.
>>
>>49585189
i had these nurglings i painted this awful yellow colour, i stripped them with Dettol and repainted them
>>
>>49586346
not the best photo but heres what they look like now.
let em soak in the solution for 12-24 hours, then scrub em gently with a toothbrush. depending on how you primed them, if theyre primed at all, it should take the paint off to the plastic. just make sure you get a non-acetone cleaner as that shit will melt your models.
>>
>>49586346
Did dettol for my Tau, too.
Only issue is that I underdid it a bit, ended up leaving a little bit of paint in the nooks and crannies.

Which wouldn't be a problem except it was bright orange.
I do not want to double-down these models, they already smell like a hospital.
>>
>>49579727
My only backlog is a bunch of unassembled chaos which is waiting on a new 'dex.

Oh and a leman russ.
Emperor's Fist formation + Emperor's Wrath formation = Actually getting sick of painting tanks.
>>
>>49586530
yeah dettols good but i struggle in the little nooks and crannies for paint. usually its something like brown on the inside of a boot i'd paint brown again anyway, but still.
i think maybe i should get some more specialized cleaning tools
>>
>>49565422

In movies and TV, the stars always want their faces shown, and 40k is based on film and TV cliche.
>>
>realize far too late that I've attached my only power fist to the character that also has my only combi-weapon
>the glue is robust enough i can't remove it without cutting off the shoulder entirely

Well, the Void Sentinels' kill-team is gonna have one blinged out sergeant and one poorfag. Rest in peace, Sergeant No-Thrones.
>>
hows your paint space /tg/
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>49572819
>>
i finished my rotfly! fuck it was a fiddly model.
>>
>>49585124
Love that limo. Is it a custom job, or did you order it from somewhere?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 101

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.