[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 137

File: Magic Primer (+1).png (2MB, 1401x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+1).png
2MB, 1401x1800px
Innistrad edition! (Gothic horror tribal version.)

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>49492775
>>
File: Unburial Rites.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unburial Rites.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Reprint!
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE?! I ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE THESE THREADS BECAUSE EITHER EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO FUCKING LAZY TO DO IT, OR THEY'RE TOO FUCKING STUPID TO DO IT RIGHT! YOU ASSHOLES COULD AT LEAST FUCKING SHOW UP!
>>
File: Sonya Midnight Visitor.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sonya Midnight Visitor.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Dude. Relax. It's the middle of the workday for us burgermunchers.
>>
>>49552977
I'm in grad classes, COanon. Gotta get that Master's degree. Phoneposting now, I'll be more active when I finish up for the day.

Also, chill, dude.
>>
If you're going to make a new thread, at least post some new cards to stimulate discussion. NEW cards.

>>49553124
The first ability could just mill 1 then draw to cut down on text. You don't need the non-artifact clause on the second ability, unless there's a particular interaction you're looking to avoid.

I like that all the abilities work together, though it feels very similar to Ashiok though.
>>
File: Gilded Obelisk.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gilded Obelisk.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49553224
Home now. How about artifacts?
>>
>>49554028
I feel like this needs more concrete rules text. Like "Cards in graveyards have no abilities." or something.
>>
>>49554533
That's different from what the artifact does.
>>
>>49554602
I know what it's supposed to do, but I feel like it needs more than just that. Even MaRo says that type of wording or ability would ever only exist in a supplemental product.
>>
>>49554682
Easiest way to do it would just have it exile the grave until it leaves the battlefield. You lose out on the ongoing effect, but blanket graveyard hate was a mistake imo.
>>
File: Lagoon Lurker.jpg (49KB, 375x523px)
Lagoon Lurker.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
Innistrad's take on Merfolk.
>>
>>49554736
That wouldn't work in the set.
>>49554826
The design seems solid. Not sure about cost or balance, but the design itself is nice. Clean, simple.
>>
>>49554028
that's some fucking level of broken i haven't seen for a while
>>
>>49554984
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>49554994
>prevents cards from moving out of the graveyard through ANY means - exiling, shuffling, or otherwise - for as long as it sits on the battlefield
>on a 3 mana artifact that ALSO taps for mana
>>
File: Recurring Thought.png (248KB, 375x523px)
Recurring Thought.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49555041
That's what it does, yes. Can you elaborate on how that is broken? What strategies does it over-enable? Broken combos? What are your concerns?
>>
File: Zatanna Zatara14.jpg (48KB, 375x523px)
Zatanna Zatara14.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49554974
What's going on with that art? The sides look messed up.

>card
Seems... OK, I have no idea how to judge this, to be honest. There is part of me that feels like it doesn't shout being a mythic though. Maybe X damage to a creature? I dunno.

>>49555041
>>49555089
Wow, I love how this guy thinks anti-recursion is busted. It's like he's from bizarro world.
>>
>>49555089
>how is 3 mana for something that completely shuts down all graveyard interaction, isn't targeted by most removal and especially not black removal, and also generates mana broken?
>>
>>49555160
Jesus christ, whine some more. Not that anon, for the record.
>>
>>49554028
I actually don't know if this shuts off Flashback. It would try to enter exile, but stays in the graveyard instead. AFAIK, cards cast from graveyards don't actually leave the graveyard.
>>
>>49555218
>this massively weaker version of the same effect without mana ramp will show him i'm correct!
>>
>>49555235
I'm going to assume you don't play Blue, because otherwise there's no reason for you to have forgotten that spells go onto the stack to do stuff. Yes, the card shuts down Flashback.
>>
>>49555260
Hilarious, this coming from the guy who doesn't show that he's correct. Prove your point or shut up.
>>
File: RG03 Scion of the Lig.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RG03 Scion of the Lig.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49555160
Rest in Peace shuts down graveyard strategies just as hard, and for less mana. This even leaves the graveyard intact rather than exiling it, making recovering from it as a grave-centric deck much easier. So, yes, HOW is it broken? I'd appreciate specific answers rather than lazy greentext repetitions of my questions.
>>49555157
I'd make it top or bottom, but I love where you've taken this iteration.
>There is part of me that feels like it doesn't shout being a mythic though.
It just felt too efficient and impactful to be a rare to me, at least as far as limited is concerned. Haste and evasion, plus it gets huge just from playing the game. That on top of my set pushing big spells already is what pushed it towards mythic in my mind. Do you think it needs more oomph?
>>
>>49555281
you first
>>
>>49555305
No, this isn't how this works. You said it's broken. That is your claim, you have to back it up. I'm not claiming anything, I just think you're claim sucks. That's how arguments work.
>>
>>49555267
I'd always imagined the "stack" was a placeholder zone versus an actual zone.
>>
File: Giovanni Zataras Hat4.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Giovanni Zataras Hat4.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>49555464
No, it is an actual thing, not just a concept. This is why Prized Amalgam has the wording it does that takes into account a creature entering the battlefield that was cast from a graveyard, because casting a creature card from a graveyard puts it onto the stack, and then it enters the battlefield.
>>
>>49555285
>Obelisk
It is colorless, so can be played in any deck. It shuts down nearly all graveyard interaction rather than just a subset. AND it ramps you mana at a competitive rate.
>>
File: Marsh Wiitigo.png (908KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Marsh Wiitigo.png
908KB, 750x1046px
>>49552466
That art makes it a really good reprint.

>>49554028
I'm a bit of an inbetweener of all opinions posted. I actually think its a good card, although costly. It sits nicely at CMC 3, and would be absolutely broken, yet more playable, at CMC 2. I think it should have some sort of drawback, and be CMC 2.

Could be something like - Whenever a GY has 10+ cards, sac ~.

>>49554826
Isn't that a bit broken? Reminds mi a bit of >card and it also fits the edition. Yay.

>>49554974
I don't think if I posted my reply the last time you posted this, but I think it's exceedingly broken. The haste seems a bit weird at CMC 5, and it's a pretty strong card. I think you could lose it.

>>49555079
I don't think this works. I think it should be:
>The next spell you cast this turn has buyback [2].

Not sure, but I have my reasoning.

>>49555507
Fun.

>>49555956
Ramps you up, sure, but you won't be using flashback on T1-4 most of the time. I think as I said above, that it should have a drawback, but I wouldn't call it broken at all.
>>
>>49556174
I based the wording for granting buyback off of Narset granting rebound.
>>
>>49556233
I'm wrong, ignore the comment. Don't like how it reads tho.
>>
File: Ignition.png (847KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Ignition.png
847KB, 750x1046px
>>
File: Anton Arcane2.jpg (59KB, 375x523px)
Anton Arcane2.jpg
59KB, 375x523px
>>49555285
>I'd make it top or bottom, but I love where you've taken this iteration.
Thanks, but I don't think I want it to go on top, because then you can just recur it forever. It costs a draw, but... I think Dredge demonstrated that that isn't a huge deal.

>>49556174
>That art makes it a really good reprint.
Thanks. I actually like making reprints with /co/ art, though I don't want to post them very often because I feel like it just clogs up the thread.

>Isn't that a bit broken? Reminds mi a bit of >card and it also fits the edition. Yay.
Really? Compare to Undead Alchemist. In my opinion, it's weaker than that.

>Fun.
Cool, thanks.

>card
Could just be
>When ~ enters the battlefield, put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard. Then put a +1/+1 counter for each creature card put into a graveyard from anywhere this turn.
Pic semi related.
>>
File: Tomb Raid.jpg (54KB, 375x523px)
Tomb Raid.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>49555079
Kazy is right. By the time the delayed trigger your card provides resolves, its too late to pay a buyback cost. Either
>The next instant or sorcery spell you cast this turn has buyback {2} if it doesn't already have buyback.
or
>The next instant or sorcery spell you cast this turn has buyback {2}.

>card
A similar card that I threw together long ago and liked because of its simplicity.
>>
>>49555079
Wha? Why bother paying the cost later, just pay it now. Change the mana cost to 2U and use the actual rules text of Buyback on the card. Or Soulfire Grand Master. Here's some wording I think will work
>The next time you cast an instant or sorcery spell this turn, put that card into into its owner's hand instead of into that player's graveyard as it resolves.
Or just copy/paste the Soulfire wording. This is to make it more like Buyback.
>>
This one's going silly, bu I like it so much. :[
>>
>>49556616
Perhaps
>Whenever you cast a spell with converted mana cost 2 or less by paying its mana cost, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand without paying its mana cost.
>>
File: Skeletal Mage.png (273KB, 375x523px)
Skeletal Mage.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Ol Wormfang.png (273KB, 375x523px)
Ol Wormfang.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Unfetter the Flame.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unfetter the Flame.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49556832
So, the self exile is an oldschool blue penalty. But where is the indestructible coming from? What part of blue or black does that? Heck, mechanically, why is this card black?
>>
>>49556493
But then I won't get to put even more buyback!
I was actually concerned about reducing costs of cards that already had buyback, but then giving up a card for the ability actually is a fair cost.

The "from your hand" part actually becomes relevant with alternate ways to cast cards.

Without that though, the only abilities that are actually functional are rebound, madness, and abilities that let you cast for free.
>>
>>49557772
I'm thinking that the "indestructible until end of turn" on >>49556832 and >>49556813 is part of Maro's proposed shift away from the mechanically awful Regeneration to the almost-functionally-identical temporary Indestructible.
>>
>>49557868
Has to go to its owners hand, because you may cast an instant or sorcery you don't own, e.g. Wrexial, the Risen Deep.
>>
File: Owen Mercer Boomer.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Owen Mercer Boomer.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>49557868
>The "from your hand" part actually becomes relevant with alternate ways to cast cards.
But you didn't use it, which is actually a bit of a fuckup, since your current version can end up with you having a card you don't own in your hand. What's wrong with my wording? It's basically Buyback hacked onto a card.

>Without that though, the only abilities that are actually functional are rebound, madness, and abilities that let you cast for free.
What?
>>
>>49558137
>>49558070
It was "from your hand" initially, but then when I looked at other interactions, I actually liked some of them. So I cut it out and forgot to put the other half back in.

I was just trying to say that things like flashback don't actually work no matter what with buyback. And then other alternate casting abilities work with from the hand and other things not.
>>
File: Quicken.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Quicken.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49558190
>I was just trying to say that things like flashback don't actually work no matter what with buyback. And then other alternate casting abilities work with from the hand and other things not.
You don't need to say that though. I think people can figure those things out by themselves. Yeah, it doesn't work with Flashback because the Flashback ability that causes the card to exile itself comes into being after your card's pseudo-Buyback, so it takes precedence.

Also, I forgot on whether or not you're making a cohesive set or not. Are you?
>>
>>49558237
I have like the inklings of a cohesive set in the works, but mostly in the planning stages.

I've mostly posted standalone cards, though some have themes or flavor strung together.
>>
File: Stensia Flagellati.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stensia Flagellati.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
File: In Stensias Shadow.jpg (34KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
In Stensias Shadow.jpg
34KB, 375x523px
>>49559241
>>
>>49559241
>If a creature you control would be dealt damage, prevent that damage. Put a -1/-1 counter on ~ for each 1 damage prevented this way.
>When ~ dies, you may distribute a number of -1/-1 counters equal to the number of -1/-1 counters on ~ among any number of other target creatures. If you do, exile ~.

That said, seems to be doing too much. Protecting all your creatures, then exploding all over theirs. It would be different if it didn't prevent all damage to creatures you control, which is white anyways despite the -1/-1 counters.
>>
File: Pickman.jpg (179KB, 750x523px)
Pickman.jpg
179KB, 750x523px
>>
Does MSE support the modal bullet points that were introduced in the more recent sets?
>>
>>49560317
Yup, :: is the shortcut for them.
>>
>>49553124
Holy shit I love. I'm actually blown away by how fun that would be to run. Got any custom commanders similar to this? BUG is my favorite color combo but Sultai don't quite do it for me flavor wise.
>>
File: Kolstad Warmount.png (876KB, 750x1046px)
Kolstad Warmount.png
876KB, 750x1046px
>>49554028
Mind posting the art? :3
>>
File: Ravens Call.jpg (44KB, 375x523px)
Ravens Call.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49560679

~Can't be blocked by players who control fewer lands than you.

When ~ is blocked search your library for a land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
>>
>>49560712
Should be a comma not a period. The condition is also a bit lackluster, it doesn't seem that likely to come up.
>>
>>49560718
That's no the same effects anon kun :(
>>
File: Fleeting Calm.png (234KB, 375x523px)
Fleeting Calm.png
234KB, 375x523px
Apparently all-inclusive damage prevention isn't a spell yet.
>>
>>49556174
>I don't think if I posted my reply the last time you posted this, but I think it's exceedingly broken. The haste seems a bit weird at CMC 5, and it's a pretty strong card. I think you could lose it.
Last time, it triggered whenever you cast a spell. Now, it triggers only from the first spell you cast each turn. Did you notice that change and, if so, is this version still too much?
>>
>>49560679
Sure thing.
>>
File: Drown in Earth.png (296KB, 375x523px)
Drown in Earth.png
296KB, 375x523px
I feel like this is playable, but at the same time I also feel like the opposite is true.
>>
>>49560949
Looks like concept art for a Tomb Raider level. Old, Metroidvania Tomb Raider, not new "I can't believe it's not Lost!" Tomb Raider.
>>
>>49560901
I wonder why actually
>>
>>49561748
It seems this is the closest they've come.
>>
Should this have White in it for the second ability? Also, no idea how to cost this.
>>
File: Bela Hermit Sage.jpg (144KB, 750x1046px)
Bela Hermit Sage.jpg
144KB, 750x1046px
>>49563026
Nah. And given my minute knowledge of Destiny/Sandman, couldn't you just make it:

>If you would draw a card, you may instead search your graveyard and/or library for a card and put it in your hand. If you search your library this way, shuffle it.

Sure, this would allow GY recursion through certain abilities, but I'd assume it just sits neater as small text.

>Cost
I get that it's broken, but you even if it is, you need to think how playable it actually is regarding tempo. Again, not sure about the guy's well, everything, but you could probably get away with 3UUU, as a 2-3/3-5.

If you're feeling more adventurous, and it doesn't seem to hinder the card's style, you could even add a Frost Titan targeting ability, or a counter that only counters if ~ is targeted. The reason I'm suggesting this is for this to go par-on-par with Arcanis. Three cards is really close to four, which is a full playset. If a deck is properly constructed, for a constructed environment, this would mean chances say you're probably going to draw the card you need, plus other two. Here you only get one, but it's exactly the one you wanted.

Anyway. Not sure if I'm being clear enough.
>>
File: Ebon Banshee.jpg (127KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Ebon Banshee.jpg
127KB, 750x1046px
>>49560932
I did notice, and I think it's much better now, for sure, but if you're running this, chances are you've got some high-ish CMC spells. My big issue is the feel of the card regarding haste, and how the ability works.

You could go for a lower P/T, without flying, that procs on every spell.

or

Flying, without haste, that procs on the first spell.

Thing is, flying is a really good type of evasion, the fact that it can hit the board, swing for three, and on the next turn swing for... let's say 6+ seems a bit too good.

On the other hand, if it only had haste and a lower P/T, and proc on every spell, you could *really* use up all your resources attempting a swing (bolting creatures, buffing the Hand, etc) and get Doom Bladed, leaving you with 1-3 cards in hand, no resources, and a feeling of suicidal despair. Which is what red wants! All in or lose.

>>49560949
Also thanks!
>>
>>49563276
The idea is that the graveyard represents the past, and past isn't important to Destiny, so he turns it into the future (library). Though I'm also not an expert on the Sandman-verse either, so maybe I'm horribly misrepresenting the character, I dunno. Though to be fair, all he does is read his book. Also going through the other Endless. And probably other things, like the Corinthian, and, uh... shit, need to read more Sandman. Oh, did a card for Matthew already, that was easy. Hey, enchantments can be tied in flavor to dreams and dreaming, right?

Kazy, that's not how broken works. Most mechanics aren't broken in and of themselves, but due to the mechanic and the cost attached to it. Like, countering a spell, by itself, is not broken, but countering a spell at a very low cost, or no cost at all, is. As for the cost on the card, it's just placeholder right now.

Nah, I think you're being clear enough.

>card
Seems interesting. Kinda hard to really judge though.

>>49563333
On the card you're responding to, note that you have to actually pay the mana in order to pump it. In that respect, it's not much different from
>X: ~ gets +X/+0 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.

>card
Intimidate is dead. Ability is cool, though it could be win-more in the right situation, I dunno. Why tie to Tourach if there's no discard?
>>
>>
>>49563814
But doesn't his book contain past, present, and future? That's why I think it might be somewhat irrelevant to differentiate them in the ability.

>Brokenness
Well then I meant it's just a really high-powered ability! :p Still a bit broken, no matter the cost.

>Hand
Yeah sure, I'm saying that it having haste and evasion is a bit too much.

>Intimidate
I know, but the olden feels ;-;And because Tourach did have followers ;p

And Tourach didn't create the hymn!
>>
>>49563871
>slap illusionist's bracers on this dude
>win
I like it. Would use as commander.
>>
File: The Corinthian.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Corinthian.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>49563982
I'll have to read a bit more for Destiny then.

>Broken
Then use a different word.

>Tourach
Then why does yours discard? Also, should be sorc speed.

Here's the Corinthian. Unsure if dream characters should have the type Illusion, or the new type Dream. Probably the latter, but this guy's definitely a Nightmare.
>>
Anyone made Enemy colour Atogs yet?
>>
File: Ophania Fallen Guardian.png (886KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Ophania Fallen Guardian.png
886KB, 750x1046px
Vaguely related to the thread theme. I retooled one of my oldest designs into the BW counterpart to Bruna, Gisela, and Sigarda.

>>49563026
This + Tormenting Voice (discarding another tormenting voice) is pretty cool. You know what would be cool for Destiny, though? "When ~ enters the battlefield, you may Scry X, where X is the number of cards in your library." Fits with the idea that for Destiny, the future is already set in stone.

>>49563871
That's one hell of a typeline. I'd say the abilities live up to it, but I would swap out trample for menace or something

>>49565334
Given that the Corinthian's supposed to embody the worst aspects of humanity, it might be interesting to give him some kind of anti-Human tribal thing.
>>
File: Matthew Cable.jpg (81KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Matthew Cable.jpg
81KB, 752x523px
>>49565621
>Destiny
Sorry, but no. Ugh. Could you possibly imagine playing a Battle of Wits deck with that? Seriously, just imagine a huge commander game and everyone just waiting ten minutes or something for the one dick to finish ordering his library. And then imagine repeating the effect with flicker effects or something. I get what you're going for, but I think it isn't worth the pain.

>Corinthian
Well, the point of the first Corinthian is that he was supposed to do that, sure, but he failed completely. It was because he was a failure in Dream's eyes that he killed him, only to remake him later. This version just focuses on killing people, eating their eyes, then knowing their memories. It's not an exact translation, but I like the mechanic so far.

>card
Couldn't you just make it
>each player's life total becomes equal to your starting life total.
>>
>>49565334
>strictly better than Ramirez
tfw wizards will never make a good pirate legend ;_;
>>
>>49565074
\o/

>>49565334
Because I'm a silly man. In all honesty, I thought it needed another, short, impactful activated ability, on top of the -1/-1 ones.

>Corinthian
I love the shit out of that card.

>>49565621
What frame is that? Seems different from my Hi-res. Also, I remember someone had a M15 Hi-res in the works, anyone heard about that?

>Card
Hm. I'm digging this much more as a Sorcery.

>>49565894
Matthew the Raven. Still makes me giggle.

>Destiny
You do make a good point, but regarding Battle of Wits, you shouldn't use marginal case scenarios for feedback. As for Commander, in my experience, people give one or two shuffles and that's that. True randomization isn't <needed> for a casual format.

>>49566405
More reasons to hate WotC.
>>
>>
>>49566899
Cost reductions needs to be listed separately.
>Instant spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each Instant spell in your graveyard.
>Sorcery spells...

I also feel like flashback became prevalent enough that you don't need to not-keyword it. It also needs to target the appropriate card in the graveyard.

Wording aside, Mizzix of the Izmagnus is already more than powerful enough with relying on experience counters. The amount of cost-reduction provided on this card is ridiculous.
>>
File: Jwari Sage.png (292KB, 375x523px)
Jwari Sage.png
292KB, 375x523px
>>49566805
>What frame is that?
I use this shiny new M15 template (https://my.mixtape.moe/kytwzc.zip) that lets you mess with the textbox spacing. It also changes the color of "black" in MSE, so it fucks with the border of all card frames.

I haven't heard anything about a hi-res M15 frame, which is a shame.
>>
>>49567093
Neat use of evoke.
>>
File: Fleshscape.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fleshscape.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49566405
Well, that's what happens when you compare cards to Legends. Well, some of them are good. I actually like looking for good cards in garbage sets. There are a few things in Legends I would like to see done again, but better. Like making a version of All Hallow's Eve, but with Suspend, for obvious reasons. But as for Pirates, let's hope Wizards hires Pirate anon some day. Fuck, if I had to seriously say who had the best chance of that, it would certainly be him.

>>49566805
>Corinthian
Thanks.

>Matthew the Raven
Why does it make you laugh? Just curious.

>Destiny
Didn't mean necessarily Battle of Wits, just any library with hundreds of cards in it. Don't care about true randomization (in order to get that, you'd have to do that thing were you spread out all the cards on the table, shuffle them around a few times, then put them back into a deck, and fucking nobody wants to do that), just saying it would be a pain in the ass waiting for one player to order a large amount of cards like that.

>More reasons to hate WotC.
Oh shit, I didn't even notice that guy didn't have your trip until now, I thought he was you due to the emote. Though I am terrible at knowing who anons are without a trip. Didn't even know Sulking anon was Savage anon until someone else pointed it out.
>>
File: Impulsive Reasoning.png (305KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Impulsive Reasoning.png
305KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49568045
Don't think forced casting works. I think you'd have to control the player for that. And then you get... ugh, THIS monstrosity.
>>
>>49568045
>>49568233
Oh wait, that card is outdated, here's the even worse Oracle text.
>Look at target opponent's hand and choose a card from it. You control that player until Word of Command finishes resolving. The player plays that card if able. While doing so, the player can activate mana abilities only if they're from lands he or she controls and only if mana they produce is spent to activate other mana abilities of lands he or she controls and/or play that card. If the chosen card is cast as a spell, you control the player while that spell is resolving.
>>
File: Blessed Locus.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blessed Locus.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>49568262
Of course, because Mana Burn isn't a thing anymore, they can still just tap out in response to Word of Command, so its pretty much just Mana Short for BB.

If it hit yourself, and made your opponent pick one and you cast it without paying its mana cost, that'd be pretty cool. But it'd need a shuffle first, or its too open to manipulation with Scry and Top and Brainstorm. And a major cost bump, too, obviously.
>>
>>49568262
>>49568233
I'm not sure if it's actually the same effect. Word of Command also allows you to control your opponent for purposes of tapping lands and choosing targets, while this card would simply force them to cast it.

>>49568398
Even if they tap out in response, the mana is sitting in their pool until end of the step/phase.
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Ah, this seems relevant.
Though the proper wording is "if able" it seems.
>>
File: CA05 Resonation Orb.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CA05 Resonation Orb.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
So, more artifacts?
>>
>>49570097
Why not?
>>
>>49570326
It's a bit of a crime that something so heavily samurai flavored has absolutely nothing bushido-related on it.
>>
File: Shock Gloves.jpg (47KB, 375x523px)
Shock Gloves.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49570437
Eh, not a huge fan of Bushido, to be honest. And they didn't even put Bushido onto an equipment in Kamigawa either. Maybe Bushido 2?
>>
File: Wandering Blade.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wandering Blade.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49570326
Cool art, bruh.

Before anyone asks, the ordering of abilities here is taken from Ghostfire Blade, which has an Equip modifier after the Equip proper.
>>
File: CA04 Djinnis Lamp.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CA04 Djinnis Lamp.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49570663
I like that these gloves provide two extra damage, keeping them in line with Shock. Little flavor connections like that are some of my favorites.
>>
File: OMAC Unit.jpg (57KB, 375x523px)
OMAC Unit.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>49571000
Yeah, that is cool, but... Fuck, I just realized it might as well say "Equipped creature gets +2/+0." now. Shit. The previous version was ping-strike, maybe I should go back to that? Or make it something like Livewire Lash? Oh fuck, that's basically the same thing. Damn. Ugh, I guess I could have it apply to noncombat damage as well? Shit.

>card
Tokens seems a bit on the small side, and I don't quite get saccing it to get a card.
>>
>>49571117
Its slightly different from +2/+0 in how it interacts with trample and "power matters" effects (like Ferocious), if that makes any difference.
>>
File: CA01 Whip of the Chariotry.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
CA01 Whip of the Chariotry.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49571117
>I don't quite get saccing it to get a card.
The idea was that the djinni grants you a wish, then disappears.
>The previous version was ping-strike, maybe I should go back to that?
That sounds good. Two damage, triggered by attacking? Might have to adjust the costs, but the concept is solid.
>OMAC Unit
O-Ring/Phyrexian Ingester combo still gets my seal of approval.
>>
File: Castlecrusher Arbalest.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Castlecrusher Arbalest.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Its shit, but I liked the art and had to find a place for a giant crossbow fortress.
>>
File: Mother Box9.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mother Box9.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
New Mother Box. Fuck creature focus, I'll make a Boom Tube card for that. Probably went a bit crazy on this new iteration though.

>>49571275
>The idea was that the djinni grants you a wish, then disappears.
Well, then shouldn't that be something more like-- I need to go make a card.

>That sounds good.
Well, I was actually thinking something more like "Whenever this creature blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, it deals 2 damage to that creature." or something. When you say triggered by attacking, you mean something like "Whenever this creature attacks, it deals 2 damage to target creature defending player controls." right?

>OMAC
Shit, you already saw that. OK, how about... shit, I don't have many non-legendary things.

>card
Seems cool. Hmm, have you thought about making it untap the creature? Eh, probably too good.
>>
>>49570870
I like this. Not only does it capture the "signature" aspect of a katana- drawing and slicing in one motion- it also captures the aspect of moving from user to user.

I'd prefer something like a one-time +2/+0 and First Strike, if only to totally finish the cliche of two samurai charging one another, passing each other, and waiting for one to fall over.
>>
>>49571430
Cards don't "do" damage, they "deal" damage. COME ON
>>
File: Rip to Shreds.png (1MB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Rip to Shreds.png
1MB, 750x1046px
>>
>>49572735
>until eot
lel.
>>
File: Amy Winston Amethyst.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amy Winston Amethyst.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Last one for tonight. Another magical character, so I'm forced to wing it almost entirely.
>>
File: Dagmok Crash Crew.png (313KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dagmok Crash Crew.png
313KB, 375x523px
>>
>The phrase "treated as though it were" is the single least rules-supportable expression to ever appear on a custom card.

>I really suggest not using it on any template ever. It's basically a giant white flag to wave when you need to say "I don't know how to precisely define how this should work."

How correct is this redditor? Would you say to never ever use the phrase "treated as though it were" or anything synonymous with it?
>>
>>49575315
I'd certainly avoid it. There aren't many scenarios I can think of where it would be necessary.
>>
File: Torvac Mulwren Clanlord.png (285KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Torvac Mulwren Clanlord.png
285KB, 375x523px
>>49575315
Well, treating something "as though it were" means you're treating it as something else while not actually being something else.

Old Magic text used to use "treat this as" to designate property changes or define some tokens. They have since shifted to either just plain "is" or "is in addition to its other types".

"Treated as though it were" seems like a poorly-worded equivalent of "in addition to its other types."
>>
File: Transmorpho.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Transmorpho.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Does this card do what I want it to?

Basically it allows you to fetch it using anything that fetches in exchange for not fetching what you originally could.
>>
>>49575357
I don't think so, it'd shuffle your library but you'd still be searching it.
>>
>>49575381
Hm right, the original ability would still be in effect.

How would I go about doing the effect I want without referring to the initial fetch? It would just seem clunky otherwise.
>>
>>49575392
That'd be really tricky honestly, I can't think of the top my head how to go about in a way that would be concise and ironclad. It's tricky to try and replace an event while it's partway through.
>>
File: Ouroboros.jpg (45KB, 375x523px)
Ouroboros.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49575315
Yes and no. "As though" is an officially supported phrasing (CR 609.4). However, to treat things as though they were something they're not is probably the less elegant solution than simply making them something else or writing the ability differently in order to get what you want across.

That is, why write
>Creatures you control are treated as though they're artifact creatures.
instead of
>Creatures you control are artifacts in addition to their other types.
Statements of being necessarily imply treatment, and statements of being read cleaner and more objectively than treatments.

You still need "as though" wording to equate dissimilar events, though, like pic related. Blame 3 am for this monstrosity.

>>49575392
>If you would search your library, you may instead search your library for ~, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

The only problem is that this is a replacement effect acting from a hidden zone, which I'm not sure is 100% kosher. Revealing it makes it easy to prevent cheating, I guess, so perhaps its fine.
>>
>>49575416
Yeah replacements from objects you can't see is a no go. It's an effect which is easy to grasp from intent but not so much from a rules perspective.
>>
>>49575489
Panglacial Wurm has a very similar effect. As far as replacement from a hidden zone, revealing tends to solve a lot of problems. Obstinate Baloth is another example of a similar not-on-the-battlefield effect.
>>
>>49575520
It may work but I'm still a bit iffy about it. Baloth works as it's altering the event as it happens and is much more concise as discard is always the same action.
>>
>>49575520
>>49575753
Oh and there's the problem of not having to find a specific card while searching, whereas you do have to find a numerical value. While this is an unlikely interaction, it is something that could occur and has to be accounted for.
>>
>>49575357
>While you're searching your library, you may pay [cost]. If you do, reveal ~ and put it into your hand.
>>
>>49575771
It's a replacement effect, so you could effectively search for that card and nothing else. It doesn't matter what you were searching for initially.
>>
File: J.A.K.E. Checkmate Rook.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
J.A.K.E. Checkmate Rook.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Bump.
>>
File: Shaolin Robot3.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shaolin Robot3.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Elendra Festival.png (290KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Elendra Festival.png
290KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Saya.jpg (26KB, 375x523px)
Saya.jpg
26KB, 375x523px
I wonder what could make this token.
>>
>>49580943
A lonely weeaboo.
>>
>>49576273
My point is that you never have to find the card, so your opponent never knows if you actually have it.
>>
>>49581441
What? Whenever you search your library for something, your opponent is going to be notified if you picked up something or nothing. Whether they get to know what that something is, is something else.
>>
>>49581835
Because that hidden object is what allows you to replace that search, and there's no way to prove that you actually have it in your library.
>>
>>49581869
Then just lose the "search for" and just reveal and put it into your hand instead. Solved.
>>
File: Hearth Seer.png (284KB, 375x523px)
Hearth Seer.png
284KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49579815
The way this is worded, I believe you're getting X Faeries regardless if you put the cards back into that player's hand.
>>
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that land drops and planeswalker activations are "resources that aren't really resources"? Like, they're spent, but the rules surrounding them make getting additional ones more complicated than adding mana or untapping permanents. For land drops, it isn't that complicated though unless you're trying to make something like Rock Jockey.
>>
>>49584384
No, it's all pretty easy to remember.
>>
File: Tower of Madness.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tower of Madness.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49584384
Sort of, but not really? Are you implying you'd want a system where instead of
>You may play an additional land on each of your turns.
you have
>At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain a [LAND DROP RESOURCE].

Sure, this lets you have abilities like Rock Jockey where he effectively says
>As an additional cost to cast ~, pay [LAND DROP RESOURCE].

Planeswalkers are even more complicated because they're tied to a permanent but also to the rules, and the rules are by virtue of being loyalty abilities and not by being abilities of a Planeswalker. Which means you have to do wacky rules modifications to make it work. But the Chain Veil is probably enough to circumvent the fundamental balance of walker uses, which have more power than a land drop (arguably) but are easier to interact with and deny.

>card
Speaking of land.
>>
>>49584549
Enters the battlefield tapped if you played it from your hand would be clearer.
>>
>>49584384

Planeswalker abilities are just linked activate this activity only once per turn.
>>
>>49584384
Lands themselves are a pretty solid resource by themselves and land drops don't get super complicated either. Once per each of your turns, use it or lose it.
As far as additional resources, sacking lands is a pretty common way without straight mana cost.
>>
>>49584549
>>49584571
You could also use
>~ enters the battlefield tapped unless you played it from exile.
>>
Question: I realize how the exploit with O-Ring works, but couldn't that be mostly fixed by saying
>When ~ enters the battlefield, if it's on the battlefield, [...]
>>
>>49586863
Yes. This is how return from grave auras like Animate Dead, Corpse Dance, and Necromancy work. If they didn't have that clause that makes their presence mandatory, you could sac/destroy it in response to its ETB, and the ability would do as much as possible, returning the targeted card to the battlefield under your control without any further restrictions.
>>
>>49575357
This gave me a very silly idea based on an old multiland idea I had.

Mirrorvale
Land
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
As long as ~ is on the battlefield, in your library, or in your hand, it has all land types of lands you control.

So:

Desperate Temp BB
Creature- Human Minion
When you search your library, you may name a card. ~'s name becomes that name until end of turn. Repeat this process for card type, any number of creature types, and converted mana cost.
2/2
>>
>>49587451
Derp, needs a clause about it being in your library when that happens.

Desperate Temp BB
Creature- Human Minion
When you search your library, you may reveal ~ and name a card. ~'s name becomes that name until end of turn. Repeat this process for card type, any number of creature types, and converted mana cost.
2/2
>>
File: Cloudshifter.jpg (40KB, 375x523px)
Cloudshifter.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Boreas the Antarchanist.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Boreas the Antarchanist.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Hey! I'm new and was even dumb enough to make my own thread earlier like a moron.

>>49587112

thank you to the kindly anon who directed me here,

I've taken some stuff from my thread under advisement, still janky on whether I'm on color enough, whether I should keep fabricate and the wording of my emblem.

I'm a lapsed MTG player but I've been playing the Magic Origins game on steam
>>
File: Tommy Monaghan Hitman.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy Monaghan Hitman.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>49588357
>another target attacking or blocking
Seems super weird when it won't be attacking or blocking most of the time when the ability triggers. Why not just add a "you may" to it?
>>
>>49588452
Still no reason for fabricate.
>>
File: John Constantine.jpg (48KB, 375x523px)
John Constantine.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49588452
Ah, that would be me. My point about the first ability still stands though. Actually, my point about the entire card still stands. I think it should be toned down.
>>
>>49588535
Here's a version with more tweaks. Also why no reason for fabricate?
>>
>>49588535
Here's a further tweaked version, also why no reason for fabricate?
>>
>>49560679
Fewer lands.
>>
>>49588592
they generally avoid putting abilities like that on tokens.
>>
File: Blackest Night4.jpg (43KB, 375x523px)
Blackest Night4.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49588592
So, what's the story behind this guy?
>>
>>49588605
oh, I saw some tokens with infect on it and thought it'd be cool. thanks then
>>
>>49588636
That's a lot different from Fabricate. And, not him, but it's kinda weird to put it on a 0/0 that might just die on entry anyway.
>>
>>49588592
That's a really powerful +2, much more so than any of its other abilities.
>>
>>49588626
I don't have a solid backstory yet, I just wanted to make an Ice/Artifacts themed Planeswalker who can freeze shit and then make a cool big creature over time, help stall decks yknow?

Probably Mr.Freeze if he was a planeswalker, planeswalking for a cure for his significant other.

Though now I'm wondering if I should just drop the multiple golems angle, the idea is that he draws power from the ice/takes a chunk from the iceblock he's made your stuff into and turns it into a golem. But lots of small golems might be a bit too much, I could drop the costs a lot if he couldn't make a lot of weenies.

but what should the new costs be?
>>
>>49588653
should I drop it to +1?
or even make that his minus ability? but would that necessitate bumping up his loyalty?

also what are all your opinions on his costs?
>>
>>49588708
It really shouldn't be a plus ability, as it's basically land and creature removal. In all honesty I don't think he's very good from a design perspective as he's overly complex and has little synergy as he stands. I'd nix the tap down, pick from between making big or small tokens and give him another more artifact focus'd ability.
>>
>>49588691
>I don't have a solid backstory yet, I just wanted to make an Ice/Artifacts themed Planeswalker who can freeze shit and then make a cool big creature over time, help stall decks yknow?
I think you should pick one or the other. Freeze or artifacts. Personally, I lean towards freeze. Heh, maybe you could have a Winter Orb sorta effect as an emblem.
>>
>>49561374
It's OK, I think its closer to busted than unplayable, but I don't think it is either.
Reasonable as a 1-2 of in slower burn decks where it will be an end of game flame rift or a situational sweeper.
>>
>>49575416
This should cost like 2-3 mana depending on environment (likely 3 for modern design). It's pretty cool though.
>>
>>49589432
Really? I guess considering Panharmonicon at 4, yeah, it could be a lot cheaper. I hadn't thought about that when designing it.
>>
Kind of a cute idea I had for a legendary effect, made sure it didn't hit enchantments to remain within color pie.
>>
>>49589452
Yeah, honestly it being 2 mana is a dream of older ice age-urza's block design, but 3 mana is only 'broken' through the old fiend hunter type cards, which aren't in standard and aren't about to break modern.
>>49575357
Another card which would break multiple formats, but could be fine in the right environment.
This one works in less environments than most. It's pretty crazy honestly, trying to design around that effect would be way to limiting imo. Even if the card did literally nothing it would still be kinda insane.
>>
>>49589456
So many coin flips...
>>
>>49575357
Can't this just be "While ~ is in your library, it has all permanent types." ?

Changling is functionally that except while also in your hand and on the battlefield. I guess there is no precedent for having an effect only while in your library but I doubt WotC would have a problem with printing such an effect considering it's an ability from a hidden zone that doesn't actually do anything.

Panglacial Wurm also technically has an ability only applicable from the library.
>>
>>49555157
Not a bad Zatanna. The fact that you still have to pay all the costs makes it interesting because it means you're only really ever going to get cheap stuff with it, which is fine; it shouldn't be getting you anything over CMC3. Probably a bit better than the Pact concept. I agree that "top or bottom" might be better, or possibly shuffling it into the top X cards of your library? Or like Nth from the top? Blue gets a bit of that. I think I like the "Nth from the top" idea best, but... your card man. It's probably more balanced how you have it.

>>49555507
Hm. A repeatable counter for 4 is pretty strong, especially since artifacts don't have summoning sickness. The token is pretty negligible, and it can be used to save your own spells if they get countered. It also gets around "can't be countered" so that's another thing. I'd make it 5 or 6 personally.

>>49556297
Not normally a fan of your stuff but this one is okay. Would like to see more of this sort of thing from you. Combos as a finisher with certain cards a bit cheaply; I'd change it to 2BR myself to bring it a bit more in-line. 2B/RB/R may or may not also be okay.

>>49556353
Dredge likes him lots (well, assuming you get him onto the field somehow; I don't play competitive). I think it's funny that you've only made one other version of him but have some cards on their 30th+ version. I guess some things just click.

>>49556394
Hm. This is strong, but I think you can maybe cost it at 2B? I can't see it really breaking anything myself.

>>49556943
Seems too costy for what it does. 3R is probably okay, since even though the choice is round table, it's going to be whatever is to the advantage of the group, or the disadvantage of you.

>>49558137
The recursion might be a bit too much here. It's a bit cheap to get things back without asking for a tap.

>>49559307
This is nearly okay at rare, I feel. The draw is super-strong though. I'd cost it at 3B myself, but I'm usually hyper-cautious.
>>
>>49588626
Nice board wipe. Works for the /CO/ theme too of what it is.

>>49588541
Not too bad John, but I'd like to see you be more of a wheeler-dealer douche.
i guess this reflects your "don't mess with me, I know people" nature though.

>>49588474
First strike just because he's combat capable? Doesn't seem to gel with the rest of the card, which is usually why black gets first strike if I recall; it's like giving a non-UG card flash if it needs it to function.

>>49584549
I tried doing this in a set once. Dual lands though. They were too good; shame I didn't see it at the time. This is better.

>>49583156
Hm. Tentatively gonna say this is okay based on Explore; it gives you a 1/1 instead of a card, but it's cheaper. It'd be safer at 1G because it's an Elf though; that tribe actually makes it stronger than it would be otherwise, I feel. Not something that happens too often.

>>49579815
Neat idea, but the other anon may be right here.

>>49577514
Powerful, but spendy, and hard to get on the field. Probably fine. Not sure if in line with its powers though; know nothing of the character.

>>49577139
A bit scary, but also super expensive to the point where I'm not sure it competes with other creatures at that mana cost for tricking it onto the field.

>>49575340
Interesting play on both the Sengir ability and the Rebel mechanic in an ironically relevant class. I like it. He might be a bit huge though. 5/4 maybe?

>>49573917
Pushed, but might be okay. Interesting idea. Gobbos would love it I think.

>>49573091
I feel there's an EDH deck waiting for this.

>>49571560
I'd remove spell costs from this, and make it cheaper.

>>49567188
Seems fine. Dunno if it has to be rare though. Probably safe since if I recall most manlands are.
>>
File: Karen Starr Power Girl39.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Karen Starr Power Girl39.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>49589716
>Zatanna
So, that's two now for "top or bottom". I'm just not sure about top because then it's a lot easier to keep recurring something. If I keep hearing this though, I might change it. I do like your "Nth from the top" idea, I also find that effect interesting, and I'd really like to use it, but I need to find the right concept for it. Hmm, preferably something involving time travel. Any ideas?

>Hat
Should I have it make tokens more in line with Dovescape? If not, I'll just up the cost as you suggest.

>Anton
Cool. And yeah, sometimes the base concept is clear as day, so the iterations are more for balance than anything else. Other times, not so much, which can be very painful. Speaking of, here's my hopefully final version of PG. I was told artifact destruction is too narrow, so I added land destruction too. I mean, people play lands a lot, right? Unfortunately the firebreathing no longer affects the destruction ability, but I still like having it for the flavor of "OK, now I'm mad."

>Boomer
Blech, I need to find better artwork for him... But yeah, OK. The ability's from Soulfire Grand Master, so I might make it 1UR or 2UR to bring it sorta in line with that.
>>
>>49589456
Separate into two piles and flip, heads for one, tails for the other. Cuts it down from roughly six billion coin flips to one.
>>
File: Immortal Fame.png (246KB, 375x523px)
Immortal Fame.png
246KB, 375x523px
I'll be back for a bit. Maybe I'll actually get the set done this time :^)
>>
>>49589804
Seems simple and straightforward enough. Kara's not very forward-thinking; that's her cousin's forte. He got to be the snowflake. She just punches things and quips commentary like Whedon wishes his characters could.

>>49589864
>finishing sets
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahaha nobody finishes sets around here. Wait, no that's just me.
>>
File: Brightest Day4.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Brightest Day4.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49589797
>Blackest Night
Cool. I also have a companion card here.

>John
>wheeler-dealer
How do you mean? And actually, there was a previous design that didn't have the discard effect, but had the Sensei's Top ability to rearrange the top of your library. It was supposed to say "Don't mess with me, I might have a trick up my sleeve" but I felt like it wasn't going anywhere.

>Hitman
Yeah, that was lazy, shouldn't have done it.

>Shaolin Robot
Not much to know really, which is sadly the case for a lot of character, especially magic-users.

>J.A.K.E.
Eh, ability was stolen from Steel Hellkite and modified. Thinking of taking it off and giving it a static "Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, it deals that much damage to each creature that player controls." Similar case as above, not much very specific going on besides being a walking armory.

>Amethyst
Cool.

>Mother Box
How would that even work? "Non-mana cost costs you pay cost 1 less"?

>>49589880
Oh, finally, yes! I'm done! YES!!! Awesome. And actually, Supes is even more plain. He's 6WWW for a 7/7 with Flying, Indie, and Vigilance. People kept saying they liked Supes being simple.

>Wait, no that's just me.
No, that's most people. Actually finishing a set is something most people can't do. I can't, I've tried. And it just made me respect guys like Time anon and Pirate anon even more. BTW, which anon are you? Have I seen your set before? You know, I love the anonymity of 4chan, but in these threads, sometimes I wish there were a way to see who's who.
>>
File: ARnSKJd.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
ARnSKJd.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49588357
seems pretty reasonable within White's colourpie. Why the brownish border tho?
>>
>>49589903
I feel like this could be cheaper since it's symmetrical, but I'd have to see it play, or some precedence or something I guess.

>John
Eh, he's fine. I'm just tiredly musing. Well, I guess he's fine. I'm as good at balance as you'd expect from someone posting in this thread.

>J.A.K.E
Why not some kind of equip scaling then? I dunno.

>Mother Box
Jesus I have no idea. What you have there as wording for my suggestion reads terribly, so... maybe forget what I said.

>done with Peej
Knowing you, I doubt it. But for your sanity's sake I hope so.
>>
File: Zi9k0As.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zi9k0As.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Goyf+Become Immense+Overrun
>>
>>49589928
>>49589944
I like both of these, but Witness could probably be a touch cheaper. It's a delicate balance; cheaper = less potential card selection, but a better balanced creature if you can't/don't want to delve for a ton.
>>
>>49589936
>J.A.K.E.
Like what? Something like Uril?

>Peej
What do you mean knowing me? I consider a card done when I post it and get no comments on it suggesting a change. If I'd gotten thread approval on any of those other Peej designs, I wouldn't have made this many iterations. Is this a bad way to design things here?

Last thing for tonight jsut before I pass out.
>>
>>49590006
>I consider a card done when I post it and get no comments on it suggesting a change
Consider me mistaken then, and bad at jokes. G'night.
>>
File: LoGau.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
LoGau.png
237KB, 375x523px
"Cost this card" etc. etc.
>>
>>49590243
If its a creature that immediately shuffles itself into your library, why not just make it a sorcery?
>>
>>49590301
Muh snowflake flavor.

Also possible, unforeseen interactions. Fodder for constructed.
>>
File: Pale Socialite.png (273KB, 375x523px)
Pale Socialite.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>49590243
always fun to get back into this after a while. New ideas appear.
>>
>>49590315
I'd also like it to shuffle prior to the reveal, to reduce abuse.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, shuffle it into your library, then reveal the top card. If its a permanent card, you may put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand.
>>
>>49590359
>to reduce abuse.
But abuse is the whole point of Johnny cards.

I'll consider it.
>>
File: D0xHAGC.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
D0xHAGC.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
the Plummet synergy

>>49590346
pushed without being super busted, I like. Depending on the amount of self-mill and graveyard synergies this card's power level will fluctuate.
>>
>>49589797
>Hearth Seer
Yeah, this card was built with the intention of competing with mana dorks. Initially it was a rare that both tapped and filtered for free, but this feels much more concise and interesting. It's a kind of toss-up for me between the permanence of the additional land vs. being able to miss. May need to upgrade its rarity as increasing its casting cost would diminish its viability by a reasonable margin.

>Torvac
I suppose 6 is a bit high for something that is likely to get bigger. I was trying to tilt it based off the Titan cycles, but trying to balance favorably with some of the strongest creatures ever printed- probably not the greatest idea.

>Dagmok Crash Crew
I do love the nature of goblins.
>>
File: jdTAzyE.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
jdTAzyE.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49590243
adding a shuffle before the "cheat into play" effect allows you to tweak the power level somewhat. So far I think it's about as good as Unexpected Results, which isn't busted in the slightest.
>>
>>49590509
>"Creatures your opponents control have flying."
I don't think I've laughed at a card's rules text before. Good shit.

Fuck warping gravity though, I just imagine something stomping so hard that the earth becomes a trampoline and hurls all your opponent's creatures into the air.
>>
>>49590509
Pretty lackluster for that price.
>>
>>49590525
Cipher is generally difficult enough to track as-is. I don't think it needs any more pseudo-enchantment effects.
>>
File: zKC6dT2.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
zKC6dT2.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49589864
Could be just me, but the mechanic seems a little clunky. Like there's too many moving parts (a deck with GY synergy, deck with multicolour etc etc).
>>
File: Painting the Sky.png (255KB, 375x523px)
Painting the Sky.png
255KB, 375x523px
>>49590547
>Could be just me, but the mechanic seems a little clunky. Like there's too many moving parts (a deck with GY synergy, deck with multicolour etc etc).
For the specific card yeah, I get that, but outside of the rare slot is covers more general effects.
>>
>>49590547
Wording on "double damage" actually uses a replacement effect.
"If a source would deal damage to you, it deals double that damage instead."
See: Furnace of Rath
>>
File: Resonant Mimic.png (268KB, 375x523px)
Resonant Mimic.png
268KB, 375x523px
Don't blame me. I just wanted the creature type.
>>
Cleaned up some wording.

Hesitant about the cost of the ult. Oddly enough, the second ability has been printed twice, both times as mono-red.
>>
File: Moment of Hope.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Moment of Hope.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>
File: 55xIjES.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
55xIjES.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49590944
i kek'd
>>
>>49556353
I remember the last time I posted the Wiitigo you said the exact same thing, and I'll reply the same! I don't want it being responded to by a bolt, and I'd like for it to ETB with higher power.

>>49588474
Hm. You're right about that. And about the you may.

>>49588541
I can't remember the old ones, but I certainly like how elegant Constantine looks here, mechanics wise.

>>49588592
You totally had me at the name, card, and +'s. I don't get at all the rest, and why Johnny Winter cares about artifacts.

>>49588626
This is way better than the older versions. +1 point.

>>49589456
>>49589825 's suggestion's pretty good.

>>49589716
>Ignition
Sure! Glad you like it. What would 'this sort of thing be'?

>>49589804
That's much nicer. As a rule of thumb, I'd say this is a bit too much tho with all that evasion and indes, but. You know. Not the end of the world at 7 mana.

>>49589864
I remember you. I like the card and I absolutely love you. Made me think of a mechanic I've been needing for a long, long time.

>>49589880
>sets
Some of us do!

>>49589928
That's a really cool use of delve. Probably some memory issues, but I like that more than I mind the issues.

>Brown border
It's got to do with the set's history. UW is a long line of... Humanoids that have had contact with some sort of energies a really long time ago. And the borders look oldish.

>>49589944
That's really good x_x That'd cost a buck.

>>49590243
What does Cost this card mean?

Talking about that, I think it should just be UG so it can be run on Ezuri, Claw of Progress.

>>49590346
It is. Taking a break is as good as making cards. Nice guy btw. I can see some sort of of deck with a weird playstyle yet insanely powerful running this and cloudstone curio.

>>49590509
I was actually thinking what >>49590531 said.
>>
File: M01 Hand of the Kethiri-Clan.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
M01 Hand of the Kethiri-Clan.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
Fresh version of this mythic! Is the damage too much?
>>
File: yX17Zp8.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
yX17Zp8.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49592269
no legendary? Seems like a win-more card, if you're in the position where you can safely play a do-nothing 5 drop with abysmal stats and untap so you can get value off it by playing another huge spell you're probably winning already. Making it legendary would at least allow Commander shenanigans.
>>
>>49592340
It's part of a set, man. I can't just make it legendary. I can buff its p/t, though.
>Teuthos
"1: Tap target creature and put a sucker counter on it. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as it has a sucker counter on it and you control Teuthos, Son of Lorthos.

As long as there are exactly eight creatures with sucker counters on them, Teuthos has indestructible."
>>
File: Arigatou Teegee-sama.png (885KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Arigatou Teegee-sama.png
885KB, 750x1046px
>>49590525
That's a really interesting use of Cipher. I disagree with >>49590545 , although it honestly took me a considerable amount of time to grasp what the fuck Cipher did when it came out. I kept reading the card as [card effects], Cipher (then...) and I just couldn't get my head around until I stopped reading 'Cipher' and read the reminder only.

>>49590547
>>49590571 's right. Although, let's be honest, and say that this is a much effective wording that should have been included in the Comprehensive Rules a long. Long. Long. Time ago.

>>49590553
10/10. I love it as is; WotC would print that at rare. Can I have the art?

>>49590944
So good my man. So good ;_; I think it should be Legendary to run in EDH as a commander :P

>>49591093
Hm. Don't quite like that -2. Your opponent just won't use the resources, and its use for delaying a turn has a marginal application.

>>49591151
Well I like it, but it's not red.

>>49591321
You're missing 'another target creature'. Big difference. And I think it's not "If it doesn't", but "If it can't".

>>49592269
New art! Nope! Much better.

>>49592340
>A sucker counter
Teuthos has indest. Although I think Hex would be more accurate. If you want it to gain it, you should say When, not If.

ALSO. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
>>
>>49592340
>and you control ~
Then just give it a separate ability.
>Tap target creature and put a sucker counter on it.
>Creatures with sucker counters on them don't untap durin their controllers untap steps.
>>
File: Innerlines Druid.png (889KB, 750x1046px)
Innerlines Druid.png
889KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>49589864
This mechanic in general seems really hard to balance. You probably are planning it in a sort of limited environment but it wouldn't be that hard to push it into 3 colors fast which means you need to start balancing every card with Insight at 3x the effect.
>>
>>49590509
Feels like it should have reach for that kind of body and effect
>>
>>49593256
I actually really like this effect- but is nonpermanent actually a thing? I feel like it certainly should but I don't know if it actually is. Even if they just use "instants and/or sorceries", nonpermanent definitely takes up less space and should still be sensible.

Definitely feels like a Sultai-aligned keyword though, so if this is a set, White and Red probably shouldn't get Assimilate.

Lastly, as odd as it sounds, it should probably be "...where X is the converted mana cost of cards assimilated with..." just in case of edge cases and to line up with other wording cases.
>>
>>49595103
>is nonpermanent actually a thing?
According to Oracle, no.
>>
>>49591151
>>49592473
>not red
I'm not the creator, but it's riffing fortune thief and the one arabian nights card fortune thief was riffing.
I do think it fits in red, as a sort of inverse Final Fortune, but my primary beef is that it's another goddamn thing to stick on a scepter and spam every turn.
Or splash into ANT for some reason.
>>
>>49593256
...So, Imprint.
>>
File: And Then the World Ended5.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
And Then the World Ended5.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49590243
I think I'd have it shuffle only if a permanent got put onto the battlefield.

>>49592243
>Wiitigo
Shit, sorry. I have a rather poor memory. In that case, maybe
>As ~ enters the battlefield, put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard.

>Constantine
Eh, still not entirely sure on it, had a conversation about that with another anon, though I also like the sort of elegance of it.

>Blackest Night
Cool, thanks.

>Peej
Yeah, it's so impractical I don't think that's a huge issue.

>Some of us do!
Are you making a set? Again, poor memory.

>>49592269
I like this version a lot more than the previous versions.

>>49595213
>I do think it fits in red, as a sort of inverse Final Fortune
So... you think this effect that used to be Red but isn't considered Red now is still Red because it's the opposite of another effect that is no longer considered Red? I'm sorry, but that's probably the worst reasoning I've ever heard.
>>
>>49595292
>probably the worst reasoning I've ever heard.
Red's the color of running out of juice fast, but it's also the color of phoenixes, returning fire, and last-minute saves. What color did they redo final fortune in, specifically?
Trying new things for underrepresented themes in a color tends to get shat on in these threads, and I don't know why.
>>
File: Temporal Witness.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Temporal Witness.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49595540
>Red's the color of running out of juice fast, but it's also the color of phoenixes
Yes.

>returning fire
No, that's White.

>and last-minute saves.
No, that's also White.

>What color did they redo final fortune in, specifically?
They didn't, because extra turns is strictly Blue, and the drawback doesn't really justify that. One could argue that it could be reprinted in UR, but the fact that they haven't done that yet doesn't really prove anything.

>Trying new things for underrepresented themes in a color tends to get shat on in these threads, and I don't know why.
The reason some of these mechanics are "underrepresented themes in a color" is because they are no longer considered to be in that color. And the reason why is because most discussions in these threads are operating under the idea that the cards posted are meant to be in line with cards that are being printed in Magic right now. This is why we discourage people using Shroud or Landwalk or Intimidate, because those abilities are dead. You'll notice that most of the time we'll inform each other of changes in current Magic design and inform each other of this, because most of us want to be up to date with what's going on, because again, most of us make cards that are in line with the Magic cards being made now. But if you want to make cards that aren't in color, that's fine, just inform people ahead of time if you don't want people to keep telling you to change the color. Like how the attached card is colorshifted, a concept most people here already get, which makes it clear that it's not meant to be in-color.
>>
>>49595778
>"underrepresented themes in a color"
I said and meant themes, not mechanics. How would you do effects in red that callback to phoenixes being able to revive themselves? Though it works as a sort of damage shield, the posted card is a good try, I think.

>Last minute saves are white
The color of chance can't do last minute saves?

>Returning fire
I'll take this, worded my concept shittily. I meant fire returning from embers and ashes, not enough sleep.
>>
>>49592473

>Well I like it, but it's not red.

What colour is it then? The majority of cards with it are red.

It's only been printed outside red once, in white.
>>
File: Artifacts and Lands Progress.jpg (2MB, 1875x2615px) Image search: [Google]
Artifacts and Lands Progress.jpg
2MB, 1875x2615px
Before I finish the mythics, I'm filling in the final gaps in my set: Artifacts and lands. Uncommon lands still in progress.
>>
>>49595778

Where was it said that Ali from Cairo isn't considered a red effect any more?
>>
>>49596161
Worship, Angel's Grace, and Sustaining Spirit (old) vs Fortune Thief and Ali from Cairo (old).

I'd argue that its in Red AND White. White because its the color of saving graces, and Red because its in the color of the desperate last minute endeavor.
>>
>>49595987
>I said and meant themes, not mechanics.
Oh, so you're talking more about flavor than mechanics. In that case, it's because flavor dictating mechanics is a Pandora's box. When that happens, you can justify almost any mechanic in any color. Colorshifted cards are an excellent example of this, though Wizards did do this in the past. Really, just look at some very early sets and you'll be amazed at how much the color pie has changed. Now, colors care more about mechanics basically for competitive balance. They all have strengths and weaknesses so they play differently. Just start looking into the Commander format to see how important the color pie is.

>>49595987
>How would you do effects in red that callback to phoenixes being able to revive themselves?
I'd add White. Seriously, that's what I'd do if I wanted to marry Red flavor to White mechanics, though I'd also throw in some Red mechanic.

>>49595987
>The color of chance can't do last minute saves?
Again, mechanics over flavor. This is far more a White mechanic than a Red one.

>>49595987
>I'll take this, worded my concept shittily. I meant fire returning from embers and ashes, not enough sleep.
Actually, you bring up a good point here. What you say about phoenixes is accurate, they are Red, though that is due to their connection to fire. Their recursion is more about their flavor than being a Red mechanic, but that's one of the few small breaks in that philosophy that people accept. You could make a Red rebirth card, but it would have to be a huge, flashy mythic to get a pass.
>>
>>49596176
Please read the precedence article in the OP.
>>
>>49596244
>they are Red, though that is due to their connection to fire.
I'd say it's deeper than that, red does have the whole spark to create more out of nothing (like mana rituals) and phoenixes are a manifestation of that. It hangs out with green for a reason.
>few small breaks in that philosophy that people accept.
Which is why I'm asking how you would do it, purely red. Adding white just brings in multicolor arguments and accusations of chinese menuing.
>>
>>49596294

Which one, the mechanics doc? As I can't find a wizard's article specifically on it (Though I may be missing it)
>>
File: En Original Flame.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
En Original Flame.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>49596244
>huge, flashy mythic
That sounds vaguely like a challenge.
>>
>>49596163
Uncommon lands finished now, too. Also forgot that I added a reprint of Terramorphic Expanse to the set.
>>49596473
Huge, flashy red mythic achieved. On top of that, it's a really cool one. Good job, anon.
>>
>>49596473
That's very much a white or black ability. At the very least it should force all your creatures to attack each turn.

>>49596627
Lone Tower is neat. Harsh Wastes is too strong.
>>
File: Lifewell Phoenix.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lifewell Phoenix.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
>>49596473

My own attempt at a big, flashy phoenix mythic.
>>
>>
>>49596627
I am not digging the name on Cruel Quarry. Also it should be in the gold land frame, not the colorless one.
>>
File: 3 Mythics In Progress.jpg (395KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
3 Mythics In Progress.jpg
395KB, 1875x523px
Current progress on nonlegendary mythics.
>>49597331
Frame updated. Any suggestions for the name?
>>
>>49597419
Perilous Quarry?
Unstable Quarry?
Something like that.
Overworked Landscape should also be in the gold frame, and any other lands you have that say "one mana of any color" anywhere on them.
>>
File: 00000.jpg (134KB, 624x445px) Image search: [Google]
00000.jpg
134KB, 624x445px
>>49597444
Not him, but thats not always the case
>>
>>49596336
>Which is why I'm asking how you would do it, purely red. Adding white just brings in multicolor arguments and accusations of chinese menuing.
I don't think that's true for all multicolor cards, but OK. But if I were to make a Red "rebirth" themed card... Hmm, good question. Without having to care about life, it's easy though. Maybe something like...
>Exile all permanents you control from the battlefield, all cards from your hand, and all cards from your library. Return all cards from your graveyard to your hand, then put a card from your hand on top of your library. Until your next turn, you have no maximum hand size. Exile ~.
Hm, is that really just an Enter the Infinite variation? Eh, I can take it.

But if I had to play with life total...
>Creature - Phoenix
>Mythic
>X4RRR
>Flying, haste
>~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, you may have your life total become equal to its power plus its toughness.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 9 or less life, return ~ from your graveyard to your hand.
>5/5
>>
>>49597907
Oddly similar to what I had, though I'm a little leery on the wording.

On Wings Of Flame 3RR
Sorcery
Discard your hand, then empty your mana pool. Your life total becomes equal to the amount of mana emptied this way. Draw cards equal to the amount of mana emptied this way.

Which gave me some other silly ideas.

Fallowwatcher 2GG
Creature- Snake Shaman
Whenever mana empties from your mana pool, gain that much life.
3/4

Sudden Jolt RR
Instant
Target opponent exiles their hand, then draws that many cards.
>>
File: jXgaFss.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
jXgaFss.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Gold tokens are the same one that King Macar makes. This is for a Mercenary tribal set.

>>49597067
seems like it's too black/green of an ability, although I see what you're going for. Also I'd give it haste.
>>
>>49599057

The ability is actually a slight variant of Chandra's Phoenix, a mono-red card.
>>
File: lPSEMv5.jpg (50KB, 375x523px)
lPSEMv5.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
"Ignite" is the Obsidian Fireheart effect. It would read "1RRR: Ignite".

>>49597326
a little niche but nice flavour/casual appeal. I feel it's a little underpowered due to all the bad phoenixes in recent years.
>>
File: zJmDSqi.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
zJmDSqi.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Gold token synergy

>>49599072
but giving it to other guys besides the phoenix is a violation IMO. The phoenix kind of existed in a flavourful corner case. But I think the power level should be fine to avoid another Dismember/Hornet Queen fiasco, more of a Hornet Sting one.
>>
File: Z03 Zhaphod Pod.jpg (36KB, 375x523px)
Z03 Zhaphod Pod.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>
File: ec3oQ4Q.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
ec3oQ4Q.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49599170
seems like a decently fun design, why silver border tho?
>>
File: Sameface.jpg (30KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sameface.jpg
30KB, 375x523px
>>49580943
No no you're doing it all wrong. Introducing a new subtype for cute girls. You have to make a new supertype.
>>
These two cards are thematically tied, so I'm presenting them together. The planeswalker is the guardian of the Great Library (referenced in a few of my other cards as well) and gathers knowledge from other worlds to store there.
>>49599057
Your card is a bit of a mess, anon. The wording for gold tokens is incorrect. Take a look at Macar, or at Gild. I get the reference the flavor text is making, but it feels a bit trite. "Their" should be "his or her," and the card itself isn't nearly exciting enough to be mythic, or legendary. I'm pretty sure your keywords are out of order, too. Also not sure why your mercenary is paying your opponent in the form of gold; generally, mercenaries want paid, so the card paying your opponent is a flavor fail. Unless your mercenaries are different from the standard idea of a mercenary, which you'd need to specify.
>>
File: 141.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
141.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>49599207
New meta
>>
File: W07 Nerd Convention.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
W07 Nerd Convention.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>49599207
Because I fiddling around with goofery cards
>>
File: zGU0IOa.jpg (41KB, 375x523px)
zGU0IOa.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
I think I can get away with costing this as RR.

>>49599382
A weapon to surpass Flamewreathed Faceless!
>>
>>49599726
You can definately get away with that being RR 1R is even OK.
>>
>>49599726
this was actually a fusion of Arc-Slogger and the red card advantage effect. Was trying to explore new design space.

>Reverse Ulamog
>2RR
>Haste, menace
>When ~ attacks, exile the top 20 cards of your library
>6/5

Fits the flavour of red going all in, victory or death.
>>
>>49599322
This walker seems really weak at 4mana
>>
>>49599808
I can make it 3cmc, then.
>>
>>49599808
>>49599823
Eh, I'd say three mana is too cheap. You get to screw over your opponent's draw every turn from the turn he drops onward. Although since you don't get to remove cards I think four mana is fair.
>>
>>49590509
add flavor text; id make another one, but id have to be on the ground
>>
File: Workshop Boss.png (202KB, 375x523px)
Workshop Boss.png
202KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Lifeflame Phoenix.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lifeflame Phoenix.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>49596381
I guess someone didn't like it and removed it from the OP. Might add it to the next one.

>>49596473
Next edition will probably be either "Phoenix" or "Big, flashy mythic"

>card
Eh, not a big fan. If it had an ETB ability that revived a bunch of creatures, I could probably live with that. Just don't like how it's repeatable.

>>49597067
Eh... also not really feeling it. Sorry.

>>49599207
Pretty sure that art is taken by a token from the Kamigawa block.

>>49599322
>Exor
>+1
No, this screams making an opponent only draw lands for the rest of the game.

Not a huge fan of this card. I can kinda see how the abilities work off of each other, but the G in it is almost arbitrary.

>Great Library
I'm wary of that draw ability.
>>
File: M09 Thay Freedom Fighter.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
M09 Thay Freedom Fighter.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
More planeswalkers to balance!
>>49600556
>No, this screams making an opponent only draw lands for the rest of the game.
You can't move the cards away from the top, though, which limits the ability quite a bit. I can reduce it to two cards if necessary.
>the G in it is almost arbitrary.
U is not in the business of large colored mana generation, as far as I remember.
>Great Library
>I'm wary of that draw ability.
It's double Mikokoro for more than twice the cost. I figured the large mana investment required would be a balancing factor. Do you disagree?
>Lifeflame Phoenix
The wording feels a bit weird (just not something I can ever remember seeing; not necessarily wrong) but I absolutely love the card. Crazy, risky, powerful, fun. Very red.
>>
>>49600769
Ult needs to specify that the mana gained doesn't empty from your mana pool as steps and phases end until end of turn, unless you don't want it to be used as a trick

also +1 seems quite potent and a touch out of color. maybe make it W/R?

also also -2 needs to say "until end of turn, you may play cards exiled this way"
>>
>>49600836
>Ult needs to specify that the mana gained doesn't empty from your mana pool as steps and phases end until end of turn, unless you don't want it to be used as a trick
I don't think the card needs it. The emblem is public and the mana is added regularly, so you aren't really going to surprise anyone with it. The targeted firebreathing gives you a way to spend that mana precombat. Otherwise, it's use it or lose it, which I feel is pretty red.
>also also -2 needs to say "until end of turn, you may play cards exiled this way"
It does say that. The "those cards" wording is shorter and should work fine; I pulled it from Commune with Lava.
>also +1 seems quite potent and a touch out of color.
It does? Why? Making haste guys feels pretty red to me.
>>
>>49600769
>You can't move the cards away from the top, though, which limits the ability quite a bit. I can reduce it to two cards if necessary.
Two I think would be much better. Though if it were me, I'd probably change it to a different ability altogether.

>U is not in the business of large colored mana generation, as far as I remember.
OK, so one half of one of its three abilities is G. As I said, ALMOST arbitrary.

>Library
Meh, OK.

>Lifeflame
Wording is strange, as it's not exactly used very often, but it's just lifted from the Innistrad Trees. Pic related. Speaking of which, anyone else love little throwbacks in return sets like this?

>Thay
>+1
Cool.

>-2
Wording is confused. Should be either
>Whenever a creature you control attacks this turn, exile the top card of your library. Until end of turn, you may play that card.
Or
>Whenever one or more creatures you control attack this turn, exile that many cards from the top of your library. Until end of turn, you may play those cards.
I'm super conservative in my playstyle, so a part of me always dislikes Impulse effects, but this seems pretty good.

>-7
What a letdown. I'd much rather see something like
>You get an emblem with "Red mana doesn't empty from your mana pool as steps and phases end," and "Creatures you control get +1/+0 for each red mana in your mana pool."
Though the mana thing as a whole seems like it was just thrown in. Maybe pinging tied to creatures? Something like
>You get an emblem with "Whenever a creature you control attacks, it deals damage equal to its power to target creature defending player controls."
>>
>>49600997
>Lifeflame
I was referring more to the "X is your life total" part being its own sentence.
>Wording is confused.
Is the "you control" necessary? I took the current attack trigger wording straight from Ondu Rising, and the ability can only be activated on your own turn anyway (when your creatures are the only ones who can attack, making the "you control" bit feel redundant to me).
>Though the mana thing as a whole seems like it was just thrown in.
My idea was that the mana ability would work well with the exile ability and the token ability, giving you mana to use on the exiled cards AND mana to pump your creatures with, which need to attack to trigger the exile ability in the first place. If that isn't clear or doesn't seem good, I'll work on tightening up the concept. I just have a thing about my planeswalker abilities being connected to each other.
>>
>>49601093
>I was referring more to the "X is your life total" part being its own sentence.
Ah. Well, there are cards where an X cost in an ability is specified at the end, and other cards where an X value is tied to life total, so I just welded them together.

>Is the "you control" necessary?
Huh. I guess not.

>I just have a thing about my planeswalker abilities being connected to each other.
I get that, but be careful, because the main focus of all cards should be making a card that is good, with all other things such as theme being secondary.
>>
>>49601093
>>49601164
Oh, and I see your point now with adding mana, but I don't think that's as strong as a connection as you want since that mana only really ties back to the -2 ability, which can only be used once every three turns if you don't want to kill the walker.
>>
>>49601195
It also lets you pump the tokens from the +1 with the firebreathing, using the mana added during the precombat main phase. The postcombat main phase mana was intended for the exiled cards.
>>
File: tbf.jpg (675KB, 1500x1046px) Image search: [Google]
tbf.jpg
675KB, 1500x1046px
More weeb cards, starring the cast of Thunderbolt Fantasy. Great show that just finished up, and probably one of my favorite things I've watched in a long time. Chinese readings, so yes, I know, Shang is not a Japanese name.

Costs and bodies are probably a

>Shang Bu Huan, Swordkeeper
Turbo-Stoneforge, of a sort. Doesn't let you cheat the cost of the Equipment, but lets you cheat Equip costs. The character (at the climax) reveals that he's been going around, keeping magic swords out of the hands of idiots and villains, and uses one of the 36 he's been hoarding to save the day. Hence the exiling a bunch of magic swords (or Boots, or Batterskulls, or Jittes) and pulling them out.

>Lin Xue Ya
Vapewizard. Posted it before, didn't get a lot of complaints.

>Shou Yun Xiao
Badass archer. His technical title is Keen-eyed or Sharp-eyed Impaler, but that was too long. Character-wise, definitely black, so I didn't want to pigeonhole him into "Green hates flyers! Archers hate flyers!" There's a really cool scene early on where he fires arrows into the air, and manipulates his attackers into standing into the perfect spot for the arrows to fall and kill them. So I tried to capture that moment.

>Xing Hai
Demon necromancer. Revives things. Exiles to prevent abuse of cycling two creatures with the same CMC. Need help on the wording, because its unusual.

>Juan Can Yun
A brash youngster seeking fame and fortune as a hero, but yet inexperienced. When other people are watching, he charges recklessly ahead, hence the attack forcing. Has a spear, so first strike, I guess.

>Shang Bu Huan, Edgeless Blade
Beats the shit out of people with a wooden stick. Posted before, didn't get a lot of complaints.
>>
>>49601214
Oh yeah, forgot about that ability because it's so incredibly lackluster. It give all your creatures +1/+0, maybe at 1R, but it would still be a lot better than an effect you can get on a 2R enchantment.
>>
>>49601222
>Costs and bodies are probably a
I got distracted typing
>Costs and bodies are probably all over the place. Help.

>cont
>Mie Tian Hai
Also a necromancer, but doesn't do a lot of necromancy on screen, I guess. Master swordsman, obsessed with collecting swords good enough to match his skills. His ability ended up doing five different things in sequence, which reads really poorly, so feedback here is appreciated. Mechanically, black's power at any cost with blue's care for artifacts.

>Sha Wu Sheng
A swordsman who can't help but fight strong guys, even if it gets him killed. Considered upping the body and cutting the regenerate, for more counterplay, but regenerating forces him out of combat and the fight isn't optional, so maybe its fine.
>>
>>49601233
Meant to say that it should give all your creatures +1/+0.
>>
>>49601233
>>49601255
I got you. Should I 2R it, like Purphoros? Or would RR suffice? Really, the difference is balancing around a free +2/+0 buff or a free +3/+0 buff for all creatures you control (assuming that I added an extra R in the mana-adding portion of the emblem's abilities so that the mana could evenly be spent on the cost, which I would).
>>
please enjoy these green cards while i prepare the rest of the memes that i made today
>>
File: Dan Fei Seal Guardian.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dan Fei Seal Guardian.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>49601222
Whoops, forgot one.

>Dan Fei
Token waifubait. UW rearing its anti-fun head once more. The idea was "Triggered and activates abilities cost 1 more." But you can't unilaterally counter triggered abilities because a lot of them are detrimental. So it got weird and complicated, and so I costed it really highly.
>>
>>49601309
so i think ive accepted the fact that the only place my weird cards would make sense is in a time-spiral esque block so here's some backwards magi
>>
>>49601342
and whats time spiral without legendary creatures getting fucked up.
>>
File: Wheel and Deal.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wheel and Deal.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>49601380
fuck, yamazaki doesnt have a p/t
>>
>>49601222
>Shang
Not bad, but doesn't strike me as particularly exciting.

>Lin
Pretty. Girl or boy? Eh, doesn't matter. Abilities are just OK, and I don't see why it's mythic.

>Shou
With a name like that, it sounds like he belong on /y/. I think I'd like it more if it had an ability to place counters and another ability to kill something with a counter on it. I think it would make a much more interesting political tool in EDH. "Oh, you're casting that targeting me? And here I thought we were getting along. Well, let me just put your biggest creature under threat."

>Xing
God, whoever chose which Latin letters correspond to the sounds of the Chinese language is an idiot. Sorry, rambling, let's look at "Hsing". Wait, this ability is so wordy. Let's try
>Exile any number of other creatures you control with converted mana cost X: Put target creature card in a graveyard with converted mana cost X or less onto the battlefield under your control.
Ability is less than stellar. Hard to really exploit, not very interested. Pretty sure there's a mythic Skeleton or something that does this much better. Oh, sidenote: Things only get returned if they go from a player's graveyard to the battlefield under his or her control, or to his or her hand. If you're just taking whatever from anyone, it's not returned. At least, I think that's how that goes.

>Juan
Kinda looks like Cloud after he grew up and got over his angsty teen phase. Abilities seem wasted on a legend. I say put the abilities on some rare nonlegend and come up with something better for this guy. Also, Juan doesn't strike me as an Asian name. Oh wait, but he's not entirely Asian is he, with his blonde hair.

>Shang
What happened to him? The character, that is. Abilities are fine I guess. Again, not excited.

>Mie
Seems like it could be interesting. Though I say cut out the lifeloss and only search for an artifact with CMC less than or equal to the killed creature's CMC.

>Sha
Regen is dead. Why is this Red? Meh.
>>
>>49601399
And I forgot the it. Aaaaaa
>>
>>49601410
>Lin
Male. Will bump down to Rare.
>Shou
Starting at 6 CMC you get things that just outright destroy creatures, and then you start getting upsides. Maybe drop it down and then take multiple turns or more mana to destroy things?
>Xing
New text
>Exile any number of creatures you control with total converted mana cost X: Choose target creature card in a graveyard with converted mana cost X or less. Put that card onto the battlefield under your control.
Maybe, "T, Sacrifice a creature, Pay X life: Reanimate X"? A creature-based Reanimate might be too powerful.
>Juan
"Boring weenie Legend" was inspired a bit by Zurgo Bellstriker, a 2/2 for 1 with downside. Because ha, dash. Technically his name is Juǎn Cán Yún or 捲殘雲 or Ken San Un (even funnier since he looks like a Ken doll somewhat), but the diacritics get dropped because MSE throws a fit over them sometimes.
>Shang 2
Actually the first Shang. In the show, he's a wandering warrior who, against his will, gets wrapped up in a plot to stop Mie Tian Hai from getting the pieces of a magic sword. He seems to not care about the standard wuxia business of honor (as it tends to leave more dead bodies than not), and others mock his swordsmanship for being all brute force and no skill. Turns out he's been beating guys with a stick painted to look like a sword. At the climax, after Mie Tian Hai got the sword, accidentally unsealing an ancient evil, he reveals that in his wanderings, he's been going around collecting swords from idiots, and uses one of them to save the day.
>Mie
Sounds good.
>Sha
Blergh. Was original Jund, and thought there was too much Black, especially since he's not flavorfully black. The new temporary Indestructible trend is mechanically different in this case, so its back to the drawing board with me! Red because fight is in both R and G, flavor reasons, and auto-fight and uncontrolled fight in particular being precedented in RG (Gruul Ragebeast, Scab Clan Giant).
>>
>>49601410
>Regen is dead
Since when? It's shown up as recently as Oath.
>>
>>49601537
You didn't get the feeling something was up when it didn't show up in Shadows over Innistrad, Eldritch Moon, Conspiracy 2 (new cards at least), OR Kaladesh? Seriously?

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/regeneration
>>
File: Esthera Galvanomagus.png (268KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Esthera Galvanomagus.png
268KB, 375x523px
>>49601399
Hm. Don't really feel the card name fits with the effect very well, but the mechanic itself is interesting. Not sure if the cost is balanced though; not the best at groking costs on oddball cards like this. I like it though.

>>49601380
Holy shit. Uhhh.
Well, I don't even really know how to judge these. The costs on most of them seem prohibitive, and of course the abilities are all funky as hell. The thing that gets me though is that the WB one does some WB stuff and some not-WB stuff, but GU is so very very GU. A bit confusing. I feel like I am worse at Magic and understanding cards than I though just looking at these.

>>49601342
I like these. A bit stronger due to being harder to remove outside Limited, but also the lack of a useful body on some of them that came off larger-power creatures hurts them too.

>>49601333
I get that you're being conservative with this, and I don't blame you, I usually am too, but I think maybe 6 is too high. You can probably do 3WU and be okay. Screwing triggered abilities and activated abilities isn't that bad; it doesn't protect her or you from spells or anything U would normally hate on so it's of more limited use.

And speaking of conservative card design... this is probably pushed to high hell. I dunno how limiting the casting drawback is to be honest, so I went a bit nuts with the mana cost. It was CMC5 when I first made it with the same drawback but I realized that might be too expensive. Maybe 4? Also I don't have the regular colorless border for some reason, so I'm not too sure how to border it anyway. I thought I had it. Oh well. I'm sure someone will still complain and they have the right to.

Also unsure why I have artifacts and 'Murrika'-colored cards on the brain lately. Eh, whatever.
>>
>>49556616
>Whenever you cast a spell, add one mana of any color to your mana pool for each spell you cast before it this turn
This alone makes him an instant staple in Vintage, Legacy and Modern. Chain together cantrips, storm card, end of game.

>Whenever you cast a spell with converted mana cost 2 or less and play its costs, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 2 or less without paying its mana cost
This alone would probably be a balanced spellslinger ability for 3 mana. I could see it getting out of hand if you have enough manamorphoses, rituals, and draw spells, but not as easily as the 1st one.

Together, this leads to an almost guaranteed victory to a storm deck that gets him and has anything else in its hand.

Overall, I like the effect because I'm a dirty storm player. But you need to increase his mana cost at least to 4, probably even 5, or nerf the 1st effect considerably.
>>
>>49595292
Ya kidding me CO-chan, we actually tested the one I finished on Cockatrice, and the only reason I haven't started the second one is I can't find two more mechanics I'm pleased with.

>>49601813
The first ability goes insane, way too easy, since it doesn't restrict with tapping.

Really weird card. A nice exercise, at the very least.

>>49601954
Well he was originally a 2/3 for 1URG, but URG just seems so much neater. And yeah, the idea was for it to be really exploitative. Made a cycle of 1 CMC instants for each color with cantrips for him, which ended up being terribly overpowered, yet fun.
>>
>>49601954
Also [sorry for double posting regarding same reply], but wouldn't the 4-5 cmc worsen it considerably?
>>
>>49570326
This would be the perfect win condition for a creatureless control deck.
>>
>>49602049
>The first ability goes insane, way too easy, since it doesn't restrict with tapping.
They have to have an artifact you can use though, most decks are just gonna have Equipment, which means that you get to steal an Equipment for 1R, which isn't that out of line considering there's a spell that does it for R. I'm not saying it can't be insane, but it relies on an uncertain factor (your opponent's deck). Still, in certain formats where the meta is a pretty predictable thing, I can see the potential issue.

>A nice exercise
If you're gonna insult the card/me, just do it bald-faced. Sugar-coating is lame.
>>
How exactly should I template a card that for each creature, forced its controller to pay 1 mana of any color that creature is, or that creature is sacrificed?

(For example, you have a U/R creature and a G creature on board, and you would have to pay U or R for the first creature and G for the other.)
>>
>>49602049
Goddamn my memory is awful. A few more steps and I'll be like the guy from Memento. Hmm, probably should boot up Cockatrice again, see how hard you kick my ass this time. I was intrigued by reading about a Sliver deck however, might use that.

>>49602098
...What, really? Sorry, gonna need some explanation for that one.

>>49602141
Probably something like
>Each creature that's one or more colors has "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice this creature unless you pay one mana of any of its colors."
>>
File: download.jpg (896KB, 3000x1046px)
download.jpg
896KB, 3000x1046px
>>49602099
I don't sugar coat anything. The design of your card is unusual to say the least. The cost is weird, the colours, and abilities. I stand up for strange and unprintable cards, and yours is one of them. Design spaces that people don't explore, should be explored. I'm pointing out that it's easier than you think, if constructed properly (in which this particular case, I don't think I know enough of exchanging control cards to make such deck), you can get some pretty reckless things with just a single ability of those.
This would be an example
>Play card
>Donate: Gilded lotus = Infinite mana
>Donate: Doubling cube = Easy infinite mana
>Donate: Time Vault = Infinite turns
>Zedruu: Mindslaver

Etcetcetc.
Sure, requires three cards to make an inf combo, but that's the 'norm'.

>>49602141
>Anon's Color Sacrifice [COST]
[TYPE]
For each creature target opponent controls, its controller sacrifices it unless its controller pays one mana of any of its colors.

>>49602209
Oh don't be like that! It's all practice CO-kun <3 And we didn't play that many times, it can happen. I bet you remember this!

>Pic
>>
>>49602209
>>49602098
Probably because it just generates a 2/2 first strike, vigilance for free whenever the one spirit you have dies.
It rewards you very heavily for having no other creatures.
>>
>>49602298
Hmm. Well, now I'm afraid it's too good. I mean, if it's just that one strategy, I guess it's fine. Should I make it rare?

>>49602289
Yeah, I kinda remember those cards. And it's not just from playing against you, it's from playing against other people too. I'm just bad at Magic. Probably should play more really. Though there was a match where I beat a guy in EDH with a Bruna deck. It was kinda funny because it was pretty clear I was going to win through commander damage in two hits, and he realized that he didn't have a single thing in his deck that could block a flier.

You know what, I should make a deck that has something like Praetor's Grasp or Sadistic Sacrament that gets rid of your combo cards before you can draw them.
>>
>>49602289
I think Barrage needs a new name; it conveys the idea of a barrage of spells being cast but doesn't actually deliver. It's also very very strong.

>Esthera
I mean, again, yes I know it can do some crazy things, but three card win combos aren't really that obscene compared to what a lot of decks can do. I suppose if the ability is that offensive, I can swap it for something else. I just wish I was getting more feedback on it, but eh, I'm probably too crabby to be designing cards anyway. It's tough to smooth things out when a card get largely ignored, and it's one of the reasons I quit making the damn things.

Ultimately it's whatever. It's not like I took offense; I just prefer bluntness, and stating something is a "good exercise" is usually a very soft way of saying you think it's shit. So don't get bent out of shape over it; I'm not.
>>
>>49602405
Well, it probably doesn't really need to be generating a free token every time. Failing that, it certainly doesn't need vigilance.

The way I see it, it's a turn 2 play that gives you a token on top of whatever else you're trying to accomplish. Maybe just paying to make a legendary token or just plain entering with the one and only token would work.
>>
>>49602461
Damn. Am I really going to have to attach a mana cost to it? Oh well.

>legendary token
What would that solve? You realize is only makes a token if you have absolutely no creatures, right?
>>
>>49602526
I meant paying to make a legendary token regardless of board state. Of course you could just limit activation to requiring nothing on your field and making a regular token (after paying of course).
>>
>>49602640
I have no idea what you're saying. Why legendary? As it is, right now, it's a trigger that makes a token, but only if you don't control any creatures.
>>
>>49602660
I'm saying that that clause would be dropped and be replaced by just an activated ability.
>>
>>
File: Sword of the Samurai2.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sword of the Samurai2.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49602673
Oh. No, I like having a trigger. Here's a mockup of a new version.
>>
>>49602697

Endless Space has such good art...
>>
>>49602746
That's Endless Space? What faction is that ship?
>>
>>49602730
Hm. Not that anon, but this seems okay. Compare to Spirit Mirror. This is a bit better, but I think it should be okay.
>>
>>49602769
I always thought Spirit Mirror was just a mechanically unusual garbage rare. So, how exactly do creatureless decks work?
>>
>All this talk of creatures out of nowhere

Starmarked Guardian 3
Artifact
Whenever a creature attacks, ~ becomes a 4/5 Golem artifact creature until end of turn.

Dredged Drudge 1BB
Creature- Zombie Minion
Whenever a creature not named ~ dies, if you control no creatures, return ~ to the battlefield.
2/2

Oaken Plate 4
Artifact- Equipment
Whenever equipped creature attacks or blocks, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Equipped creature assigns combat damage based on its toughness.
4: Create a 0/2 green Plant creature token, then attach ~ to it.
>They'll grow into it.

Hunter's Oath 2WW
Enchantment
Whenever a creature with 4 or greater power attacks you, create a 2/2 white soldier creature token with first strike and "At the beginning of the next end step, exile this token".
>>
>>49602821
All the space you don't have creatures in is filled with more combo or more control.

...That's pretty much it. Consider how frustrating it is to realise all of your creature removal is going to hit reflections or these samurai duders and at best keep it from poking you another round. I know someone has the wizard soul section about control decks...
>>
>>49602880
Hmm, might have to make this the edition of the next thread.
>>
File: img000024[1].jpg (624KB, 1197x1672px) Image search: [Google]
img000024[1].jpg
624KB, 1197x1672px
>>49602821
A control or combo shell with some way of generating non-combat damage or tokens for the win. Storm is a creatureless deck, but there are also things like B/W Control in Standard that can get away with running 0-3 actual creatures because they present clocks/threats in the form of planeswalkers and manlands.

If your opponent is trying to win through actual creatures and you have enough permission and removal to negate their threats, sooner or later they'll die to your resilient threats. A 2/2 Vigilance First Strike isn't exciting, but you're probably running a playset of Swords. So you'll have a 3/3 or 4/4 Vigilance First Strike backed up by a removal and counterspell suite, plus probably manlands and other sorts of "slower" threats.
>>
File: Paralyzing Grasp.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Paralyzing Grasp.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49602903
>>49602926
Interesting. Kinda disappointed my attempt at a simple uncommon got so complicated, but that's alright. Man, I really should learn more about deck archetypes. It would probably help me figure out what playstyle I prefer so I can finally make up my mind about what to put into my deck.

Oh, and reprint with silly art since thread's nearly dead anyway.
>>
>>49602972
>Kinda disappointed my attempt at a simple uncommon got so complicated
I know this pain all too well. At least people get what you're doing.
>>
>>49602972
I've seen a few 43 lands decks that depended on a single creeping tar pit to win. The deck's mostly about horrendous Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale control, which manlands conveniently get around, but there's always something odd to be done with most cards.
>>
File: Fire at Will.jpg (44KB, 375x523px)
Fire at Will.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49603023
Even worse since my set has a gross imbalance of rares and legends. Sometimes I do just wanna do something simple. Oh well, still got a cool card out of it and some deck archetype knowledge.

>>49603086
I know enough to know that using Tabernacle like that makes you a sick bastard. Also, what do you mean something odd?
>>
>>49603112
43 lands unfortunately dies like a bitch to either blood moon or any graveyard shenanigans, so it's not played as much anymore.
>Something odd
Just unanticipated combos and synergies. Like Kamahl, Fist of Krosa, and Goblin Sharpshooter.
>>
>>49602972

Who's the artist?
>>
File: CO-themed reprint.jpg (103KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
CO-themed reprint.jpg
103KB, 750x523px
>>49603134
Why graveyard stuff? What, is Crucible part of the 17 nonlands?

>>49603147
Dunno. I believe the art is from Red Hood's appearance in Green Arrow, so I could probably track it down... but I kinda just don't wanna. I probably should credit people, but good lord, I have so many cards I'd have to do it for. Plus, there are lots of times where I've changed the art out for something better. Though I will admit, probably not going to happen with reprints.
>>
>>49603179

Red Hood has a better rack than I expected.
>>
>>49603179
The rest
>Life from the Loam
>Mulch to draw more lands
>Exploration and Manabond to play more lands
>Gamble to get Life from the Loam
>>
File: Dual Shot.jpg (42KB, 375x523px)
Dual Shot.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49603202
...What?

>>49603207
Wow, no wonder graveyard hate fucks you up. Oh, I'm curious, has Splendid Reclamation helped the archetype at all?
>>
>>49603237

>...What?

They were asking about >>49602972 not >>49603112
>>
>>49603237
Unlikely. LftL gets you whatever toolbox crap you need back out for cycling Wastelands and Rishadan Ports, and the rest is just broken Legacy acceleration.
It's not about big plays, it's about grinding them to death.
>>
>>49602697
I was just showering and thinking about this exact concept with this exact wording.
Fucking synchronicities, man.
>>
>>49603251
Oh, whoops. Artist is CallMePo. He's done quite a bit of PG art.

OK, I think this thread's time is up. Making a new one, be right back.
>>
NT: >>49603324
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 137

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.