[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should we Remove all all Thread Games from /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 28

File: aWPJh7V.jpg (89KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
aWPJh7V.jpg
89KB, 784x708px
Mod, you're probably going to delete this for being off-topic, but could you at least read through the OP before doing so?

There are a number of threads on here that have the same issue as Quests(low user count, high Front Page Presence) that should be moved to /qst/. I'm referring to the Risk Threads, PBP Skirmish Threads, and RP threads like the Mages Guild. These should be moved to /qst/, and /qst/ should expand its narrow focus to include all threads where games are actually played, leaving /tg/ as a pure Discussion thread. This would have the benefit of removing further bloat from the front page, and expanding the /qst/ userbase, hopefully putting an end to the barrage of Questfags/Anti-Questfags on here.(For the record, I'm not part of either side, I'm just sick of the threads de-railing then getting deleted because of it.)
>>
You know the thread at the bottom of the page right now is a retarded 0 replies shitpost which was posted 4 hours and 25 minutes ago, and is just now about to drop off the board, right? There's plenty of room on the board for the remaining thread games.
>>
>>49549488
If I'm not mistaken, some of those actually are suppsoed to go on /qst/ already.

I'm pretty sure for example the Risk games are SUPPOSED to be on /qst/.
>>
>>49549563
So why Don't mods crack down on those threads as well? They're pretty dedicated to removing Quests and Off-topic posts.
>>
>>49549620
Because you aren't telling them on IRC or reporting their posts.
>>
>>49549620
Because quests started because a mod had a hard-on for hating quests despite most fa/tg/uys not really giving two fucks about quest threads because filters and scrolling past them senpai.

I for one am enjoying that quest threads have just been replaced with 'why aren't there quest threads' threads.
>>
>>49549488
>complaining to mods in a thread about off topic threads
>board has report functions specifically for off topic threads

You're worse than the quest fags.
>>
>>49549515
t. OP of said shitpost
>>
>>49549488
Yes, without exception. We have /quest/, dump them there.
>>
>>49549488
I agree. If you want to roleplay or play little games you should do that shit on /qst/ where it belongs.

Don't forget CYOAs, which are just one person quests.
>>
>>49552745
This! You send the CYOA'S and Tower girls to /qst/ and you'll guarantee a major spike in /qst/. I'm Pro-Quest and barring the mod being replaced by someone decent, I'd accept this whole-heartedly.
>>
>>49549488
Its pretty minor problem, dont like em dont click em, they dont spill over into other conversations so it truely is nothing that bothers me
>>
>>49553067
The same could've been said of quests, but look where we are now.
>>
>>49553067
I don't have to step in shit if I see it either, doesn't change the fact that someone is shitting on the floor.
>>
>>49553113
>I don't like thing
>therefore it is shit
>>
>>49553162
It's fine if you like shit, but it belongs in a litterbox. Not on the living room floor.
>>
>>49553207
>My opinions on things are greater than others because reasons
>>
File: 1474432928312.jpg (24KB, 456x125px)
1474432928312.jpg
24KB, 456x125px
Unfortunately, /tg/ and /qst/ are the only boards where Hiro's decisions are overruled by the mod.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Hiro/deleted/deleted/type/op/
>>
>>49553258
It's not an opinion to say that quests should be on /qst/.
>>
>>49553325
Honestly I don't get why this is such a shit fest

Even when quests didn't have their own board, maybe a third of the threads here were games, but now? Literally 1/10 at the most.

You people are memeing about quests as if your 700th warhammer thread for the day will get pushed down a page
>>
>>49553371
Because we have a board for that shit now, they don't have to keep squatting in /tg/. They can go over there, play their games in their designated playpen, and give that board some traffic while they're at it so it doesn't die and quests are forced to move back here.
>>
>>49553433
Quests are not going to move back here even if the board dies. Feel free to screencap this post.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 454x453px
>>49553494
People actual believe the meme that quests will die?
>>
>>49553702
I don't know. Just saying death wouldn't magically regress the decision.
>>
>>49549620
We all know why, anon.
>>
>>49552745
Since they doubled down on /qst/ instead of admitting it's a poorly thought out concept, I agree that this is the next best solution.
>>
>Pick a random song from your playlist The next poster has to create a superpower based around said song and post a random song from their playlist

>Excuse me Lord Vador, why have we used decades of labor to develop and build the Death Star? Our Emporer can ravage planets with force storms and our fleet can leave worlds uninhabitable

>>"Hero, please! I need your help! You must assist me in reviving my swarm. I swear on my brood that if we are successful, I will repay your kindness a thousand fold. There may even be a place for you by my side as my fourth or even third consort when I reclaim the Hexathrone and take my rightful place as Queen of the Waspid! I promise you, Hero, the world can be ours, but we must act quickly..." What say you, Hero?

>Recommend me a good fantasy book

>Time to choose your banner and take your place among the noble houses of the Riverlands! singles: knight doubles: Lord of the keep trips: King until usurped by another trips quads or higher:
>>
Why are some people so obsessed with policing the board for "not-tg/" content?
>>
>>49554104
Because the creation of /qst/ has validated them. The board police now know that they have power.
>>
>>49554104
I don't know anon, but the mod has shown that he folds to the whims of the board police.

As has been said, /tg/ is for the DISCUSSION of traditional games only.

Quests, CYOAs, Risk threads, drawthreads, writethreads, worldbuilding threads. None of them are /tg/ any more.
>>
>>49554147
Get lost butthurt quest shitter, we finally killed the beast
>>
>>49554197
But what about all the other things you don't like?
>>
>>49554197
I'm just stating fact. It's very human to feel validated by being acknowledged by a higher authority, but now you're trying to throw even more shit off the board that isn't nearly the same level of problem quests were.
>>
>>49554104
Gotta get rid of all that BADWRONGFUN, anon.
Can't have people being creative or imaginative on /tg/ of all places.
>>
>>49554147
Because the /qst/ mess validated it and /tg/ is a clusterfuck of unrelated stuff. Half of it should be deleted right now. There are so many targets to police.

Moderation on /tg/ isn't about what's board appropriate.

>5 CYOA
>5 Excuse me, Commander/Captian/whatever threads
>A LOTR lore thread without any mention of any traditional game
>Inquisition, everyone put on your cool face
(Just spamming reaction pictures. 24/24 posts)
>A thread about books that should be moved to /lit/ (even if /lit/ is a bunch of fags)
>Anyone planning something for nanowrimo this year?

Not even getting into the thinly veiled food thread. (It's not about food for your games or even pretending to be related).
>>
>>49554531
You do know that /tg/ was made for 40k, making those threads detestable but still /tg/ related.

Honest question, why don't you just go on reddit since you want nothing but pure discussion?
>>
File: tg thread.jpg (204KB, 1257x932px) Image search: [Google]
tg thread.jpg
204KB, 1257x932px
>>49554667
Bitch I love 40k. Of course it belongs here. You're missing the point and I believe you're doing it intentionally.

That thread literally has nothing but reaction faces. It's not about 40k at all. That's the point.

I'm not one of those people that actually goes around reporting them or even cares. I can use filters or just not click on things I dislike. it's super easy without autism. I'm just trying to explain why they're easy targets for the fun police and do violate the rules as written. Because you can absolutely make the argument that they don't belong. It's easy ammo.

And I'm also trying to explain that /tg/ culture is all over the map and that mods are both selective and shitty at their jobs, as clearly evidenced by the threads running right now. Moderation on /tg/ is selective based on badwrongfun because the fun police are in charge. Any one of these thread types is next because all it takes is a a mod to change their mind, not any sense of rules.
>>
>>49554667
>You do know that /tg/ was made for 40k

This old lie again?
You're never going to stop with your "muh warhammer wednesdays" meme, are you?

For one thing, 40k was never banned from /b/.

Secondly, D&D was big in /co/, /v/, and /b/, and there were always scatterings of other games as well on those boards, along with random 40k threads outside of /b/. At some point, moot said "hey, there's these game threads in these boards that aren't comics or video games, maybe I should make a board for them." Hence, why it's called /tg/ and not /40k/.

If you have any evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.
>>
>>49554667

Those are less to actually do with 40k and more to do with just forcing a meme. One of the ones up right now isn't even 40k related, and not even really /tg/ related.
>>
>>49554849
My mistake anon, I misread your post.

My point still stands that the janitor-wannabes should go to reddit and should stop trying to suck all of the fun and content out of the board.

>>49554922
Every board has shitty memes, if you can't deal with it, you don't belong here.

>>49554891
Counterpoint: Which board is most often associated with 40k?
If I went on any other board and made a thread about 40k, where do you think people would tell me to take it?
>>
>>49549488
I agree with this, but I don't think they belong in /qst/.
Maybe a new board exclusively for forum games?
>>
>>49555026
No, you stupid sack of shit.

Prove your assertion the board was made for your shitty game, or fuck off. Because they'd say that about any OTHER tabletop game, too.

Your game isn't special.
>>
>>49555026
Most boards hate forced memes though. Only the worst ones tolerate/encourage them.
>>
>>49555103
>Implying

I hate 40k.
But I still believe that it belongs on this board.
And unlike faggots like OP, I can live with things I don't like being here.

>>49555125
Every board on 4chan is the worst board.
No matter how much policing you do, some shitty meme is always going to pop up, get laughed at, get overused, become hated, and then eventually fall into obscurity.
>>
>>49555026
The board police are the most cancerous shitposters on this board by a huge margin, questers didn't try to shit up threads.
>>
>>49555222
I'd argue that people who make shitty threads are worse than those who shit up already shitty threads.

This is unrelated to questers though.
>>
File: 1397968782970.jpg (64KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1397968782970.jpg
64KB, 441x705px
>people who make shitty threads
>This is unrelated to questers though.
REALLY?
>>
>>49555206
>Every board on 4chan is the worst board.

That's the "every board is /b/" mentality that shitposters have adopted. For the most part, 4chan was always modeled after 2chan, where while people are allowed to say whatever they want uncensored, the actual post quality is expected to be high outside of the random/designated shitposting boards. Even on 4chan, if you go to the smaller boards that are well moderated, you see very little shitposting.

To try and say that /tg/ should accept /b/-tard style posting is ridiculous, though "board-policing" can often get out of hand, especially since replying to shitposting trolls is kind of like kicking a hornet's nest (the 5 current Excuse Me threads, case in point). Report and ignore, and hopefully enough people will report it for the mods to take notice.
>>
File: 1442615111995.jpg (64KB, 1233x456px)
1442615111995.jpg
64KB, 1233x456px
>>49555293
Yep. There were shitty quests, and there were also really good ones.
>>
>>49550575
I'd say this is the most accurate summary of what's been going on so far.
>>
>>49549488
>no mention of CYOAs

dumb /qst/poster
>>
>>49555334
>Report and ignore, and hopefully enough people will report it for the mods to take notice.
>And then the threads get taken down.
>And then people make new "Excuse me" threads
>And then "Excuse me" threads get banned
>And then shitposters find some new "Excuse me" thread to shitpost

The point isn't to accept them, report them all you want.
The point is that no matter what, there will always be something like an "Excuse me" thread.
>>
>>49555413
The Excuse me threads were banned and taken down in the past. And, they did try to keep posting them for a while, but after a few more bannings they kept quiet for a few months. And, after they got their threads banned again, they were quiet again for another few months.

As long as the mods discourage something as ridiculous as a "question template meme", it stays down for months at a time. While not perfect, it's better than having to deal with different groups vying to spam their own personal memes in place, with competing "question template meme" formats.

Basically, the point is that while "Excuse Me" will try to persist as long as there's /r9k/ and /s4s/ type people in this world, as long as the rest of us just report and ignore, it won't get as bad as actual /r9k/ and /s4s/.
>>
>>49549488
OP here. This entire thread is a dedication to just how shitty the mod is. Post anything Pro-Quest, and he'll delete the thread and put a temporary ban on you. Post Anti-Quest/Creativity/Fun, and the thread is completely ignored.

Seriously, Fuck the Mod. It's not even about Quests, it's about how disgustingly biased this Shithead is.
>>
>>49555655
It's more of just the mods are asleep right now.

This thread still being up is one sign of that, the Excuse Me spam is the other.
>>
>>49555655
Tell like it is anon, this guy might just be worse than nazimod. At least that one didn't try to hide his attempts to totally sterilize /tg/.
>>
>>49554197
You killed one beast. Good for you. What's next? Warhammer Threads? Drawfag Threads? Roleplay Threads? Image/Cosplay/LARP Threads? Monster Girls? What's next big guy?
>>
>>49556098
>What's next big guy?
Crashing this board with no survivors
>>
Shhh, hush off with your salty butthurt quest fags. Get back to your containment board. These meta-threads are incredibly transparent
>>
>>49549488

While I must thank your ilk for getting rid of a competitor, it must be reminded that PBP Skirmish, Risk, and Roleplaying games are not, and will never be quests under their current definition, and those that are currently in /qst/ are technically off-topic and should be moved to the proper board, which /tg/ technically is. Now, move along quester, we have no beef with you, but turn this board against us, and we very much will.
>>
File: Vomit-chan.jpg (282KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Vomit-chan.jpg
282KB, 1000x1000px
>>49556417
Please tell me this post is supposed to be ironic
>>
>>49556417
Jesus, someone has their head up their ass.
>>
>>49556417
>and will never be quests under their current definition

Wut
>>
>>49556417
Are you one of those anons who waged that 3 person crusade against /wst/? You sound like them.
>>
>>49556417

get the fuck out
>>
>>49549488
>Should we Remove all all Thread Games from /tg/?

Here's my two cents:

Quest, CYOA and CIV *Generals*, Id Est: the discussion and workshopping of Quests, CYOA, CIVS, etc. Just like how we can talk about Magic the gathering Warhammer, Dnd, world building, etc- This is a place to talk about traditional games and all of these are just traditional games in an online medium.

I think though that the big three: Quests, CYOA, and CIVS should be kept on the quest board to justify, organize and give the hosts and players more options/better tools- it's a good board, it just needs TRAFFIC.

That is also why I think *Generals* specifically should be allowed on here: so people can not only discuss, but advertise their games, times, etc- so people can organize and let people know whats happening without creating a non-quest thread on the quest board.

For what it's also worth: I also think /d/ & /aco/ should have their own shared discussion board for general Kink, Fetish and ERP discussion between peoples, as at the moment /d/eviants have no one where to disgust degeneracy and we constantly see them sneaking over here to post. But that's a whole 'nother point all together.
>>
Why have the mods forsaken /tg/ this night?
>>
>>49556417
I want the thing you like to be taken from you just for spite.
>>
>>49557552
I've heard there are quite a few issues behind the scenes right now.
>>
I agree with OP, not sure why quests were singled out and CYOA, Risk, and other internet forum game threads remain.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the current situation. It's a huge improvement and if that's all that is done to clean up /tg/ well then I'll be happy with it.

But for reference, I tried looking at the current CYOA thread. It's not a /tg/ thread at all. It's just a forum game, looks similar to a Quest but with more audience participation. But since it calls itself CYOA it is still here...
>>
>>49558129
Because quests propagate like cancer.

Risk and CYOAs tend to stay in their own generals.
>>
>>49556417
There were more questfags than you fags and we fucking threw them out.
>>
>>49558316
This. While I don't like CYOAs myself, they pretty much exclusively stick to one thread.
>>
>>49556098
Let's go with all the things on that list that aren't related to traditional games.
>>
>>49558378
So did /wst/. The point is they take up space on the board that could be filled with something actually /tg/ related. Hell, there are 4 of them up right now.
>>
File: 1422318996833.png (108KB, 191x206px) Image search: [Google]
1422318996833.png
108KB, 191x206px
>>49558409
4?
That's like 50% of the board!
Golly gee, we should do something!
>>
File: 4chan_was_a_mistake.png (47KB, 512x279px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_was_a_mistake.png
47KB, 512x279px
>>49557731
meanwhile, no one has mentioned the 40k "collective roleplaying" obviously quest thread
>>
>>49558409
4 whole threads? Shit. We have to do something.
>>
>>49549488
the day mage guild is removed from being a /tg/ thing, is the day tg truly dies. Some roleplay threads (like mage guild) are reasonable. They're funny, sometimes inspire ideas for stories, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

/tg/ has always, ultimately, been about telling cool stories, either on the game board or off it. Trying to remove ALL such things to /qst/ is just asking for trouble.

I mean jesus h. christ. Is it even necessary? Even removing quests was only barely, arguably, necessary.
>>
>>49558409
wow... 4 fucking threads... that's like, a third of an entire page or something.

How about this. Compare it to the number of threads that are dying and not being participated in at all. Then tell us that they're a bad thing.
>>
The difference between quests and other shit like cyoa, civ builder, risk, etc is FREQUENCY and BOARD AVAILABILITY

/what/ explicitly exists for quests. It is true many of the above can fall under that, but that requires extrapolation.

More important is FREQUENCY - quest threads were constantly t snd omnipresent, 10-20 would be up all day every day. Compare this to the 2-3 risk, cyoa, etc threads you see. Therein lay the difference - acceptable levels of pollution.

Oh and >bitching about muh mod favoritism

Are you 12? Have we become rpgnet? Shut the fuck up and move along. 4chan barely has any moderation and ideally will stay that way.
>>
>>49558409
>document.getElementsByClassName("thread").length
>4/151

Well holy fucking shit, 2.6% of the board is taken up by these things. Stop the presses, call the mods, pick up the red phone, we need to get this shit gone IMMEDIATELY
>>
>>49558481
Now we get to the Crux of it. Are "Cool Stories" /tg/?

Should we ban Story Threads because they only exist in hopes of creating epic Screencaps?

What about the Creation Pages? Those are meant in the hopes of creating more homebrew Chapters/Characters/Settings that we can call our own.

Should Dorf Fort be banned because it's too vidya?

Basically, /tg/ is separated into two groups. The guys who think we actually made some pretty cool stuff before 2008, and the rest who think 1d4chan is full of memey shit.

You're either someone who wants /tg/ to be purely game discussion, or you're someone who thinks /tg/ can create actual content.

The mod says no. Nu/tg/ says no. I'd like to think a lot of us say yes, /tg/ gets shit done.
>>
>>49558528
/tg/ barely HAD any moderation... back in 2008. I've seen threads, images, and posts be deleted. Manu of them were of the "Is the Emperor White?" Or "Check out my Anglo Civilization from my homebrew setting." Neither of those were even racist. They just had the word White in them. The mod gets up to some SJW shit whenever no one looks.
>>
ITT:
>here's why [threads I personally like] belong on /tg/
>but [threads I don't personally like] should fuck off

All of this is subjective so the only way to not be a hypocritical faggot is to stop being a nofunallowed asshole and live & let live.
But apparently playing board police is all the rage now.
>>
>>49558528
I disagree with your conclusion, but you do raise an important point. This board has gotten a lot faster over time, to the point where board space is an issue.

I got here long after 2008, but I have noticed this board get a lot faster since I started using it, and with it an increase in general shitty attitudes and decrease of actual content generated. If we want to improve the quality of this board, I think one way of doing it that few would object to is an expansion of the board size and the number of threads that can be posted on it. That leaves more space for everyone and will allow interesting yet slow threads from being bumped off the board too quickly.

I mean, hell, the mods set up an entirely new board seemingly just to get rid of quests and it's barely being used. It should be dead easy to just expand /tg/.
>>
>>49558528
>4chan barely has any moderation and ideally will stay that way.
You're talking to the same board that almost got destroyed by Nazimod.
The days of relaxed moderation and near-completely free speech died with the creation of /mlp/
>>
>>49558562
Thank you. I mean, okay, fair's fair. Quests had an argument for removal. But anything else? A lot of it is game development, or it's story making. These things are quintessentially /tg/! I do have to agree, our biggest argument is between the folks who think that we should only post shit that's 'established' and those of us who want to create things.
>>
>>49558629
Here's the real underlying problem: Generals.

See, the board has become Reddit-tier Isolationist. Everything is a Generals thread now. It's one short step from containment boards, and it's killed creativity.

Have a JoJo idea? Gotta wait for /SSS/ to come around.

Want some peer review on your homebrew system? /gdg/

Have an interesting setting? /wbg/

Want to post your story for everyone to view? Don't post it where everyone can see it, and it's the main attraction. Post it in the Storythread.

Want to create some epic content? Instead of trying to spitball ideas until it happens organically, let's try and force a thread to do it with the Creation thread.

Everything is so isolationist. It's like we've forgotten that some of our finest work came from an off-hand comment that occurred halfway down a thread that started with a completely different subject.
>>
>>49558629
>threads I don't like had argument for removal
>but threads I *do* like? Nononono they're quintessentially /tg/!

You're happy enough to kick the lepers off to their colony. Don't be a hypocrite now that your fingers are falling off too.
>>
>>49558421
>>49558461
>>49558527
>>49558552

If 4 threads of catalog space at any given time were being taken up by /pol/acks shilling for Trump, and the mods refused to do anything about it, you'd complain. Don't try to pretend like you wouldn't.

You bitch when there are threads about things you hate and have no problems when there are threads about things you like. I do not say this to you specifically, I say this to everyone. This is pretty much human nature. The only way to have a stable board about a specific topic that everyone agrees on is to have very specific rules as to what is and isn't allowed. Making exceptions for one thing based on flimsy reasons will just result in other people asking why exceptions can't be made for them as well, and before you know it your board has become pre-moderation /v/, a.k.a. /b/2.0.

You call it slippery slope fallacy, I call it "history". It's exactly what happened to /v/. Mods let one thing slide, then let another thing slide, then let another thing slide, until "/v/ will argue about anything" was literally a meme at one point. Those of us who actually wanted to talk video games were damn lucky a "Nazi mod", as you would call it, finally came along. The truth is the Nazis had a point.
>>
Let's be honest: The crux of our problem is that we, as neckbeards, cannot get along with each other, and must constantly wage war against the Other.

And so, the balkanization continues.
>>
>>49558697
The whole point of /wbg/ or /gdg/ is so you can get more traffic, because just one setting creation or homebrew system won't always make it to the front page.
>>
>>49558725
Dude, I was against /qst/ all I'm saying is that there was a potentially valid argument for it having it's own board. There's not even approaching one for the rest.
>>
File: 1445401773908.png (70KB, 174x147px) Image search: [Google]
1445401773908.png
70KB, 174x147px
>>49558747
See, you went too far on your last line there. Now we all know you're just trolling.

If 4 threads at any given time were taken up by strawman arguments, I'd also be complaining.

captcha: leederville STOP
>>
>>49558763
THAT'S. THE FUCKING. POINT.

/tg/ used to be a ruthless gauntlet for content creation. If you made something that got the approval of /tg/, it meant that you had something that had genuine merit to it. Now, people just dismiss ideas as a whole, or circlejerk about it in their own little threads.
>>
>>49554104
Because they don't have actual shit going on in their lives, so they identify overly with the board and take it personally when it doesn't cater to their specific tastes.

I mean, the same problem is with people who give a shit about quests being on here too.

Like, yeah, /qst/ was a silly move but I'm not going to waste my time fighting to have it stay on this board. Oh no, I have to open up a second tab and look through a catalogue every couple of days!

Although I will say that I would like to see the board speed increase here. Give it one day and then shit falls off the board. It's not like these faggots here actually have any discussions worth anything except for quests and worldbuilding.

Don't believe me? Check suptg. All these supposed important discussions they need to have stay up for a week, and none of them are worth archiving. And since anyone can fucking do it, it's especially telling that not a single one of them is willing to do it.
>>
>>49558697
Too true, there is a general for damn near everything now. Fuck, there's even a general for horror up right now.

The problem with general threads is that in part no one who isn't immediately interested in the subject or is unwilling to get involved in a new sub community is going to browse a general. The end result is that the amount of /tg/ that is open to casual users or anyone not into everything is reduced.
>>
>>49558747
>>49558800
And here we see a perfect example of Godwin's Law in action.
>>
>>49558814
>Wanting to increase the speed of /tg/
You fucking what. That's half the root cause of all the general shittyness flying around these days.
>>
>>49558832
One of the main appeals of 4chan is that you can get fast discussion on the fly.

If you want something slow, you might as well just go on a forum
>>
>>49558818
Content Quality in Generals threads drops as well. If you're all Game Designers, it's all too easy to sympathize with each other and ease up on the criticism. See, I'd want some angry fuck to give me the most scathing review possible. He might actually see the flaws in the game.
>>
File: 1440106978983.jpg (43KB, 369x418px) Image search: [Google]
1440106978983.jpg
43KB, 369x418px
>>49558832
u wot m8

This board is the slowest of the ones I browse. If you can't handle your shit now, I don't know what to tell you.

>>49558852
Yeah, but he wouldn't tell you anything useful since he'd just be spewing bile without any constructive criticism.
>>
>>49558848
And one of the main appeals of 4chan is memes and trump posting, but do you think all boards should follow that example?

The problem with high speeds is it encourages everyone to post faster to keep up, which in turn reduces the number of posts that are actually well thought out before they go up. Ergo, the slower the board the less urgency to throw stuff up before any thought goes into it, and less fighting for board space, which is what all this shit is about, really.
>>
>>49558858
One guy would. Or seven. But they'd keep bumping the thread until someone else noticed. More people = More Reviews = Greater likelihood that constructive criticism is made available.
>>
>>49558858
It used to be a whole lot slower, and lot less pissy overall. Which boards do you normally use?
>>
File: Name_rater.jpg (715KB, 780x997px) Image search: [Google]
Name_rater.jpg
715KB, 780x997px
>>49558697
Unironically excellent post.
>>
>>49558904
My point is people are using /tg/ as a social thing, because they don't make sweet fuck all out of it.

Go to /soc/ if you want a place to hang out with "friends" because you're too fucking autistic to make them in the real world.

Or start making actually productive threads instead of jerking yourself off.
>>
>>49558893
But . . . there's so much board space.

Do you not use the catalogue or something?
>>
>>49558987
I'm gonna be honest with you here.
Some of the boards focused on making stuff to jerk off with have better content generation than us.
>>
File: 1406257652069.jpg (259KB, 1024x780px)
1406257652069.jpg
259KB, 1024x780px
>tfw dragonfucking furfags write more and varied stories than anything not storythread/That Guy
It's an embarrassment. Start a dragon or kobold thread and within a few days, multiple lewds of a fetish you never knew existed. Go to a general, stale memes at best and tripfag circlejerk at worst.

>>49559020
Yes.
>>
>>49559020
>>49559055

That's because they actually care about the shit they make, instead of trying to validate themselves to strangers online.

They just make shit they enjoy.

It used to be like that here. People came and just kind of did shit and didn't give a fuck if other people thought it was gay because one other person thought it was cool.

Then faggots who got all salty about board identity came in, but the problem is they don't actually provide anything of worth themselves.

Seriously, they just have bullshitting sessions.
>>
File: 07420f1515dad08b7309cb3d2ced8e70.jpg (167KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
07420f1515dad08b7309cb3d2ced8e70.jpg
167KB, 700x1000px
>>49559111
As a lewd/vore, gotta say I agree. Every so often, I see a thread that gives me an idea. Talk a bit with the thread about the idea, write some green, enjoy reading it again, telling /trash/ about it before I get banned, rinse and repeat. It's a lot of fun, and while it's nice to see people enjoying my stories, I've only written one that I wasn't mostly writing for myself.

Pic unrelated. So far.
>>
>>49559197
How in the fuck did I forget to type "writer" before that first comma.
>>
>>49558697
Absolutely this. Quests, CYOA's, and games of those sorts are inherently isolationist, but generals as well lead to the microcommunities problem. It's no longer a forum, it's sealed discussions where people stay to their land, and creative intermingling is greatly dampened
>>
>>49559111
>>49559055
The fact that you're both right is an honest tragedy. When did /tg/ get so fucking stale? How did we go from the rampantly creative place it once was to this?
>>
>>49559231
People started giving fucks about anonymous posts on a Lithuanian pantomime website. Like >>49559197 said, you do fine and can be really creative when you think of this place as somewhere to get ideas for stuff. When you start caring about what others think of you on here, you limit yourself and don't try to post interesting stuff for fear of public disapproval.
Which is really strange, considering this site started out or at least used to be with a bunch of people who were weird enough to stop caring so much what normalfags thought of them.
>>
>>49559197
The fuck is that comic trying to say?
>>
File: 1468520639407.jpg (16KB, 328x277px) Image search: [Google]
1468520639407.jpg
16KB, 328x277px
I was starting to worry that everyone else who knew already left. I started browsing 4chan in 08 just because of /tg/. I lurked daily for several years, the post quality was so high I felt compelled not to post because I didn't have anything as good to contribute. I remember noticing that the board started moving a little faster and post quality dropping a little, and I was ok with that (because for all its greatness /tg/ on weekdays was slow as fuck). I regret that now. It never stopped. And then questfags came and kicked things into overdrive. That's when I finally gave up and moved to the perceived source of the cancer, /v/. I started regularly posting within a week after years of lurking naturally because I was no longer afraid of ruining something good.

Same thing with /k/. Never as good as /tg/ (/k/ has always been kind of shit, and will forever be the easiest board to troll) but there used to be a lot more intelligent and experienced people sharing and discussing things. Somewhere along the way I learned enough to correct the increasing amount of idiots, and so I did, also trying to contribute to the discussions. Now I don't even bother anymore, 90% of the time when I type up a post I think to myself "What good can come of arguing with idiots?" and I backspace.

Sorry for the blogpost. I just sperg a little every time this shit is brought up because I've seen dozens of faggots defending what /tg/ and /k/ have become, gushing over it thinking they are reveling in its old glory when those same mastubatory newfag antics are what ruined them in the first place. The worst part is when they start namedropping tripfags as proof, most of whom are hilariously new.

It used to be about quality of contributions and people had the humility to not to add something if they didn't think it was good enough. Now it's a popularity contest where newfags trip over each other trying to prove how neckbearded they are, flanderizing everything that old-/tg/ was about.
>>
>>49559321
I get what you're saying, but if nobody is going to post something they know will only get ignored or shitposted to oblivion. What's the point of posting it here if everyone is going to hate it?
>>
>>49559347
How do we fix it? (I likewise stopped posting on /k/ around 2010)

Is it time for a new 4chan?
>>
>not mentioning the 40 odd generals on /tg/
>>
>>49559375
I know! /tg/ splits off into /tgg/ traditional games general, like /v/ split off into /vg/

Reality is, you're probably not going to be able to convince the site owners and moderators it's worth it to split such a slow board.
>>
>>49559346
It's a meme. "What is a man?" is the punchline. Like all memes, that doesn't mean anything and is shit if you don't get it or get it but think it's dumb, and the greatest thing ever if it's Your Meme.
>>
>>49559375
Generals are a lesser evil honestly. Instead of taking up 85% of the board they take up about half and leave room for other threads.
>>
>>49559408
Hahahahaha, ok, I'm just drunk enough to get it now. Thanks.
>>
>>49559346
It's a Castlevania reference. In one of the games, part of the pre-final boss dialogue is Dracula: "What is a man! A miserable pile of secrets. But enough talk, have at you!"
Drac's gonna sweep that game of Jeopardy.

>>49559362
Because someone might not hate it. And that's wonderful, because they were probably thinking they were some in their weird interests, too. Or someone will say "it's a good try, but you did X too much and Y too little" and you can learn and improve for the next time you have an idea.
Besides, you don't get praise or replies if you never post what you make.

>>49559371
Be the change you yadda yadda. Do things a certain way, keep doing them, eventually people will start to copy you. Like an older, slower version of a meme, with more staying power.
Works best on slow boards like /tg/.

>>49559408
That's, uh, most jokes. "A man walls into a bar and days 'Ow'" requires the "meme" of "bar is a horizontal pole and a drinking establishment."
>>
>>49559410
>85%
What the hell kind of threads have ever taken up that kind of space?

>>49559393
But they already split the board. Or at least made a containment board for it.
>>
>>49559408
I know the answer to the question, I'm on /tg/.

I just don't know what the context of those characters are.

Jesus fucking Christ you sour ass ash nigger. Would it fucking kill you to give an actual explanation?
>>
>>49559410
They contribute to the insular, "safe" tone of the declining board, though.

>>49559438
The sphinx is a sphinx. The other three are characters that appear in Castlevania (Dracula, Simon Belmont, Death). The hearts are the series' version of currency, IIRC.
>>
>>49559347
>>49559371

You have some rose coloured glasses there.

It sounds to me like you were shit, then you moved to /v/ and /k/ and learned to celebrate hatred and elitism while still being shit, and now you've come back to shit all over everything.

>>49559362
The entire point of this place, and it being an anonymous image board, is that you aren't supposed to give a shit if other people hate it or don't think it's good enough.

Like, fuck man if that happens you take the constructive criticism and try to get better.

If you want adulation go to your mom or reddit or something.

This place is for getting shit done.

Like if you don't want to get ignored or shitposted, learn to a) not suck, and b) not feed fucking trolls.

It's not hard.

It's also why I find it funny that people like >>49559347 worry about that sort of shit. And ironically, their censoring of failure or insistence on ultimately arbitrary standards are what's choking the life out of /tg/.

Now, gimme some bitches for Thulsa Doom, I need inspiration for my Celestial Pony Empress that's actually a 1:1 expy of the Emperor and is going to be super cool by subverting Equestria into a "mature" Grimdark universe.
>>
>>49549488
I agree with this

These fucking threads have been clogging up the front page, and WHY? They are thread games, CYOA threads seem like they are just using a loophole to sit here instead of on qst
>>
>>49559494
Make the Chaos Gods draconequui?
>Tzeentch - Discord
>Slaanesh - Eris
>more OC mix-n-matches for the others
>>
>>49559458
Congratulations. You've explained all the parts of the picture without actually contextualizing it or explaining the meaning like >>49559431 did.

Thanks for coming out, I hope your autism gets better.
>>
What if we gave 40k it's own board?

Also the 4 threads being quest threads is not a good sample, there are usually far more, around 10-15.

Quests are bad for the community. For example, I recently showed my brother /tg/ as he has been playing DnD, GURPS, 40k, and board games since he was 12 (he is now 21) and figured he'd get a kick out of us. He happened to go on on one of the nights when the questfags were chimping out and when he brought it up to me he said he just wasn't that interested in jumping into Jump Chain #1745 or Magical Little Girl Quest #321. It's off putting to people who could be potential content creators.

I've posted and lurked for the past 9 years and truly believe that quests are why we have the shitposting epidemic that we do. Quests encourage you to wait for somebody else to do the creating and thinking for you and instills an attitude of "entertain me /tg/" in the community.
>>
>>49550575
wait, I didn't know I was a mod

only mods hated those fucking worthless front page clogging threads, right?

mod me baby
>>
>>49559573
>What if we gave 40k it's own board?
Yes, please.

Please also make common 40k words a filter on other boards, like f a m.
>>
>>49559573
I'll take 'shit that never happened' for 500.

Also, if you had bothered to actually read the thread before posting about it, you would have realized the 4 threads they were talking about are smut/lewd threads.
>>
>>49559573
>Quests encourage you to wait for somebody else to do the creating and thinking for you and instills an attitude of "entertain me /tg/" in the community.
Maybe that's why other threads are full of Forever GMs. All the players are paying in their quests.
>>
>>49559601
I know it was fun to type the meme and do the captcha, but this did happen and until you guys stop clogging the front page (I'm aware catalog exists but you morons don't seem to get that new people aren't and new people are good for the community) this board will only get more and more like /b/
>>
>>49559562
I was kidding. It was a reference to the "golden age" of /tg/ this guy was bitching about, which was pretty much "wow, this idea is pretty much horrible in every way. Well, how can we make it better" instead of "REEEEEE GET OFF MY BOARD, YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND NOBODY WILL EVER LOVE YOU" projecting.

I seriously don't know jack shit about Pony's though.

I would probably try to tie it into The Last Unicorn instead because I do know about that. Celestia is actually the immortal Unicorn who has succeeded the Emperor who was actually King Haggard during the DAoT who was going through a bout of ennui of the kind only immortals can get, and Equestria is the result of the unicorns all being let go.

Unicorn got all fucked up in the head by having been mortal for a bit, and decided to try and make a race of mortal ponies to have someone to relate to and they ended up genociding all the humans because the only ones Unicorn now Celestia ever gave a shit about died a long time ago. Except she's still a sociopath and they just result in being toys that are more durable than the old humans.

The Red Bull is obviously a Demon of Khorne, and the others came later.

Why am I unnecessarily forcing this shit in?

Because I fucking well can.
>>
File: 1470595477732.jpg (7KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
1470595477732.jpg
7KB, 321x306px
>half the threads on the board are generals and CYOAs
This is a sign the board has straight up run out of things to talk about.
Thank god it's almost over.
Just end this board now.
>>
>>49559596
I'd rather see M:TG get it's own board. A different general for each brand of card autism, and two to five "lore" threads that are just /pol/ and SJW bitching.
>>
>>49559346
A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS!
>>
>>49549488
We told you they'd come after other things that people find fun on /tg/.

The Board Fun Police are working their hardest to ruin /tg/ for anyone who isn't part of their elite board culture.
>>
>>49559715
Then why are you even here?
>>
File: phoneAchilles.jpg (25KB, 358x321px) Image search: [Google]
phoneAchilles.jpg
25KB, 358x321px
we had a good thread not long ago about ideas for a group of PCs manning a frontier tower and watching over a small village

more of that.

make a 40k/Warhammer board, they have a fucking 1000 posts a day and 3-10 threads on all the tiny different parts of 40k, Warhammer fantasy, table top miniatures, different rule sets, fucking blah blah blah

move all non-tabletop game shit to Quest, especially all thread games

there is no downside to moving people who likely NEVER interact with the rest of the board to their own containment area
>>
>>49559732
Because there is nowhere else for us to go, and we will not go voluntarily into your ghettos.
>>
>>49559739
As someone who regularly GMs and plays 40k I agree with this. Having a 40k board AND a role playing game board without any quest cancer on it would be comfy as fuck
>>
>>49558609
thank mod it ended

s4s and b are for the random shit
>>
>>49559732
Because we love /tg/ for things other than quests and smut? I hope you don't think that every quest player came to this board exclusively to play quests.
>>
>>49559749
Well obviously nobody except quest fags care about quests and they already have their own special board to hang out with the CYOA idiots.

Quest threads would not be missed and you can be in your little space where you aren't expected to type big walls of text and can make threads where 95% of the posts are just "1" and "no guys 2!"
>>
>>49559739
Would said 40k board allow specific Quests on it? If we had a 40k board that allowed Heretical Love Quest that would be awesome as fuck!
>>
>>49559779
No quests go on /qst/.
>>
>>49559739
>there is no downside to moving people who likely NEVER interact with the rest of the board to their own containment area
Do you really think no wargamer ever posted in an rpg thread, or either never had anything to do with quests? What made /tg/ great in the first place was a whole bunch of disparate elements coming together and mingling with one another.
>>
>>49559784
I usually find myself able to contribute to pretty much every thread except quests and MTG spam. So yes.
>>
>>49559784
I've thought of quests as cancer for pretty much the entire time I've been here
>>
>>49559797
How long have you been here?
>>
>>49558602
That's laughable.

The Board Fun Police made sure that anyone who generated content isn't welcome here. The speed of the board is illusory because of the 'wat do' threads and 'this character asks a stupid question/presets a stupid scenario' and 'hypothetical trope situation is presented, how cope'. They get attention for a little while and then fall off the board while another swarm of post do the same exact thing. There are 50+ threads of it, and there will be more when the ones that are dead drop off the board.

The Board Fun Police don't care about 'board space' and lied about how much space is taken up by things they don't like. The only reason they get things banned is because THEY DON'T LIKE IT.
>>
>>49559802
Well I was very underage when I started lurking and am now 24.
>>
>>49559803
Not saying I necessarily disagree, but you're going to have to phrase that in a more comprehensible way in order to be taken seriously as an argument.
>>
>>49559803
Maybe the "board fun police" as you so autisticly put it understand the need to tackle on issue at a time to try to preserve the board.
>>
>>49559111
>Then faggots who got all salty about board identity came in, but the problem is they don't actually provide anything of worth themselves.
This.

The Board Fun Police like kicking shit they don't like out, but they can't replace it with anything. Hence why '/tg/ used to be better' is a fact, not a meme.

Cue BFP shouting 'rose colored nostalgia glasses lies'.
>>
>>49559831
The problem is that they have a very, very different idea as to what 'preserve the board' actually entails than most of /tg/.
>>
>>49559812
But, like what year did you really start to get engaged with the board? I can't, and I'm 25.

The popularity of quests waxed and waned over time, have you got any idea when you noticed them?
>>
>>49559573
>quest runners chimping out
>little brother didn't want to peruse ther threads
>visible creativity is offputting to other content creators
>quest writers aren't ever other types of content creators
I'll take "Things that never happened" for $400, Jack.
>>
>>49559631
>quests clogging the front page meme
They never did that.

Next you'll say they took up 50% of the board.
>>
>>49559849
How are you able to say what the majority of this board even wants? It's anonymous so there's no way to really find out.

We have a quest board and a sticky. Don't like it? Leave and show the mods/admins decreased traffic to the board.
>>
>>49559814
Sure.

Shitthreads are cluttering up the board which makes it look fast and more shitthreads will be posted after they get knocked off. Shitthreads are not really content, there are 50+ of them right now and they make the board go fast.
>>
>>49559773
I'm trying to figure out how exactly you can hate something while knowing so little about it the way you do.
>>
>>49559872
Not talking bout quests in this particular instance, actually. I'm talking about the principle of any group being able to evict something that has been a part of /tg/ creative outlet since it's beginning through concerted shitposting is a bad precedent.
>>
>>49549488
I honestly wish we had dealt with these issues here.

Mostly because I'm excited to possibly have a board for all the content creation that used to occur on /tg/.

I say we move all that stuff to /qst/.
>>
>>49559831
Preserve it from what? Content? People who actually create stuff? They have a very narrow definition of fun, and worse, they can't create anything themselves. They never have. That's why where is less creative content every time they get a bunch of people kicked off the board. People who get kicked off the board don't come back very often, because why would they contribute if they're not allowed to enjoy themselves while also providing other content that is useful to the board at large? If they are only allowed to provide content and not enjoy themselves while doing so, there is no pleasure in it - it becomes a thankless job that garners hate because it's not always exactly what is wanted.

But that's something people who aren't creative wouldn't actually get since all they do is take the content at face value and don't consider the source of it might actually do something other than provide useful content for them to peruse.

Not that it matters. The people who hate fun won already, and /tg/ is losing more and more interesting content by the week.
>>
Here's my story. I came on /tg/ around 2012 as a way to reconnect with the tabletop roleplaying games I had played more in my youth and discover new settings.

I enjoyed various threads, but I most enjoyed the X-COM and /wst/ weekend smut threads.

When those were banned in late 2014 as being not-/tg/, I left. I came back about a week ago to see if things have changed and it seems there's even more board policing going on. I don't think this is a positive direction.

Not saying I love quest threads, even though I've enjoyed a few. I don't mind them being moved to a new board. I just think you may be splitting your audience unnecessarily.

That's all I've got. Sample size of one, I know, but just wanted to share. I don't have any stake in this, as I'm probably going to move on soon anyway.
>>
>>49559864
Yes that meme was clever the first time I saw it but it refutes none of the points made.

Sure, quests are content creation by one person and one person only.

Sure someone could somehow see German hollow quest #50 gorrillion and say " gee that sound like the thread for me"

Sure, you could say anybody who is a little brother is inherently useless due to them being someone's little brother.

But why would you be this obtuse? Why are you so angry even though you have your own board now?

/tg/ WAS the nice board on 4chan at one point. It was where the neckbeards with no friends IRL hung out.

I believe that a good number of quest fags and mtg posters have brought their /pol/ shit to this board and chimped out because every board needs to cater to their special needs just like /pol/ does.
>>
>>49559918
If you hate it, leave. Like Jesus Christ, how fucking stupid do you have to be to keep coming back after getting your feelings hurt so bad?
>>
File: 1360114704265.png (61KB, 1260x173px) Image search: [Google]
1360114704265.png
61KB, 1260x173px
>>49559937
The failure of your logic here is that a good number of quest players were fully indigenous to /tg/, and their audiences by and large were even LESS /pol/ than /tg/. Don't forget, there has always been a fair amount of overlap between /tg/ and /pol/ userbases, and the /pol/ leaking thing is something that has been experienced by basically all boards as the election has heated up.
>>
>>49559937
>/tg/ WAS the nice board on 4chan at one point. It was where the neckbeards with no friends IRL hung out.

Nigga, you what? The neckbeards with no friends is the influx that's killing this place, because you faggots think it's somehow part of your identity or that there should be some sort of culture.

Why don't you just pick up a trip and end it you fucking faggot.
>>
>>49559937
>Sure, quests are content creation by one person and one person only.
See, this is where you make your first mistake. A QM who writes for a quest does not only write for quests. Several f them have generated fluff for varous world /tg/ as a whole created. Many of them participated in creation threads, world building and the like. And when you kicked /qst/ out, you told them they weren't welcome anymore. So they stopped participating in the non-quest threads they made content for, because you were a dick to them.

>/tg/ WAS the nice board on 4chan at one point. It was where the neckbeards with no friends IRL hung out.
Yes, and you just kicked a bunch of them out. Great job!

>quest fags and mtg posters have brought their /pol/ shit to this board and chimped out
Funny how the /pol/ shit was entirely unrelated to quests, happening long before /qst/ was made and continued even after you kicked quests out. Its like /pol/ posters were entirely unassociated with quests or something.

>chimped out
Really? Most of the 'chimping out' was done by people who didn't like quests. Hell, people who don't like quests are the first ones to scream bloody murder if something they don't like happen in /tg/. Except where /pol/ is concerned - they like /pol/ threads a lot. /pol/ is welcomed on /tg/ nowadays. It takes concerted effort to get mods to notice it at all. Strange how that works, it's like the people who got rid of /qst/ like /pol/.
>>
>>49559967
How can you even say what the demographics of quest players even are? Did you personally ask every quest poster over the course of the entire time /tg/ has been a board what their main board is? You can't just make up statistics to suit your argument.

The only thing we actually know is that there is a quest board and quests are no longer allowed on /tg/. If you don't like it then leave. If you want to follow the board's rules then stay and have fun.
>>
>>49559966
Because if it keeps people like you from ruining /tg/ more, I'll state my opinions and beliefs and the facts, and you can suffer through it.

When the mods ban me for stating my opinions, /tg/ is officially dead.
>>
>>49560000
Funny, people who got /qst/ made and quests banned made up entirely imaginary statistics constantly to suit their arguments.
>>
>>49560000
I'm saying quest players are generally less /pol/ than the rest of /tg/ because of a distinct lack of /pol/posting in quest threads and threads frequented by self identified quest players. If you're going to argue that there is no way of telling how many quest players posted /pol/ shit in /tg/, then how did you arrive at the conclusion that all quest players are from /pol/?
>>
>>49560000
>If you want to follow the board's rules then stay and have fun.
See, the issue is that OP is trying to remove more fun from /tg/. Don't you fucking get that?
>>
>>49559994
This isn't some big conspiracy you know. The mods made a decision and you are unhappy with it. If you don't like quest threads, then you get what you want. If you do, then you can continue to post them in the quest board. It's really as easy as that. You can post on more than one board. Everyone should be happy that there's a quest board. /tg/ basically has two boards now.
>>
>>49559994
> /pol/ posters being related to quests.

It's like they've never gone to a M:TG thread.
>>
>>49560022
Because false flagging is now the board fun police work, anon. Scapegoats are useful.
>>
>>49560026
Your smug is gross.

Like, these are the victories in your life.

Congratulations.
>>
>>49549488
While we're at it: >>49559896
>>
>>49560024
how are you not getting that there is still a place for you to post quests? It's not like quests have been banned from 4chan.
>>
>>49560036
I do not know if you have read the OP, but he was talking about things other than quests you nob.
>>
I never bothered to QM my own quest until /qst/ came around.

I'm not really seeing why people are still having this discussion, the only problems I can see with the split is the stragglers who are apparently an exception to the rules and the resulting slowness of /qst/.
>>
>>49559937
You realize that quests have been on /tg/ since /tg/ was a thing, right?
You realize people who play and run quests are not here just for quests, right?

There has not been some kind of invasion. You are just pointing your finger and claiming x group are outsiders when there is no real x group, just people who have always been on /tg/ who like x thing.

>Why are you so angry even though you have your own board now?
Gee, I wonder. Well for starters, it's a shothole, we never asked for it, it was never needed and still isn't, and it offered irrefutable proof to everyone watching (which was clearly not you) that all you need to do to get what you want is to scream and have a tantrum and shitpost for a few years and the mods will do whatever it is you want. The only people that ever had a tantrum about quests were the few insane morons that hated quests and wanted them gone because they hate people who like things they hate.

How about this. Pick one of the reasons you come to this board. It has just been given a containment board, talking about that thing here will result in thread deletion, and your new board was made by someone who lacks even the faintest idea of what that thing is and makes the board total shit while claiming he is making it just for you, and then the board is instantly filled with shitposters screaming about how they won and got you and the thing you like kicked off /tg/.

Then, a few months later, you complain about it in a thread on /tg/ about feedback, and someone says "Why are you so angry even though you have your own board now? Isn't that what you wanted? You asked for it, afterall."
>>
>>49560031
What's sad is that you care so deeply about what URL is displayed when you pretend to be a magical little girl.
>>
>>49560047
Fuck yeah I'd love my own 40k board
>>
>>49560047
>and your new board was made by someone who lacks even the faintest idea of what that thing is and makes the board total shit
As someone who's actually used it, what's wrong with it?
>>
File: tg.png (104KB, 1453x609px) Image search: [Google]
tg.png
104KB, 1453x609px
Quests are /tg/ related because there's nothing which isn't /tg/ related
>>
>>49560047
Got sick of complaining on /qa/ so you decided to rant on /tg/ again eh?

Get over it and either adapt or go somewhere else you fucking manchild.
>>
>>49560050
>Not wanting to be a little girl
What are you, a faggot?
>>
>>49560065
Literally nothing, these people are exactly the same as the ""board fun police" they complain about.
>>
>>49560073
Different anon here, but it's entirely okay for anti-questfags to shitpost for 8 years straight but not questfags?
>>
>>49560070
Well I'm pretty sure the sticky and rules say otherwise but okay
>>
>>49560086
See, their rules and techniques are theirs only and everybody else isn't allowed to use them because otherwise they'll whine harder and as proven from the creation of /qst/ they can whine pretty damn hard.
>>
>>49560076
I was talking about caring about the URL.

Nothing wrong with wanting to walk the same path as Moot
>>
>>49549488
>badwrongfun
Boards shouldn't be split up unless absolutely necessary.
>>
>>49560065
Board IDs, 72 hour perma sage, limiting text formatting to OP, OP can't delete their own threads, etc.

All this is secondary to the fact that board is simply deader than /po/ and quests have lost a significant chunk of their playerbase in the move to begin with. I could go on.
>>
>>49560101
Obviously someone felt it was necessary
>>
>>49560073
Nice projecting, but I may as well start, since almost a decade of rampant shitposting on /tg/ and /qa/ by people who hate quests is what got /qst/ made in the first place. You seem surprised people try what is proven to work.
>>
>>49560026
>This isn't some big conspiracy you know
Really? That's not what the people who got /qst/ made said at all. In fact, they were quite proud of how they managed it and bragged so much they got repeated bans when they complained it wasn't being implemented properly.
>>
>>49560105
Oh please do, everyone is just dying to hear about how upset you are that some mean people said your interests were dumb.
>>
>>49560086
>Different anon
Yeah, no.
And are you honestly saying you're going to whine for eight years about this...?
Fucking why?
Are you autistic?

At best you should have whined for a week, realised you weren't going to get anywhere, then just accepted how things are now.

Deal With It.
>>
>>49560045
Read the OP very carefully, and you will understand why this is being discussed.

In the mean time, let's ban Character Advice Threads. They're not /tg/ enough.
>>
>>49560105
I was wondering when the
>muh /tg/ traffic
Argument would come up
>>
>>49560118
So it would seem as if you have not actually been on /qst/ at all.
>>
>>49560115
>People got what they wanted and were happy
>That is proof of a conspiracy
You are proof of retardation.
>>
>>49560120
Why not? You faggots did, and it worked.

We're just following in your footsteps.
>>
>>49560126
Do you think quest players and all the other /tg/ posters are just two totally separate communities? Do you actually think there isn't as much overlap as there is with literally any other interest on /tg/? Are you actually that dumb?
>>
>>49560123
Let's just ban traditional games because we can't even have quests. God, everyone is so mean to us quest posters.
>>
>>49558380
state what they are then
>>
>>49560065
>>49560073
>How about this. Pick one of the reasons you come to this board. It has just been given a containment board, talking about that thing here will result in thread deletion, and your new board was made by someone who lacks even the faintest idea of what that thing is and makes the board total shit while claiming he is making it just for you, and then the board is instantly filled with shitposters screaming about how they won and got you and the thing you like kicked off /tg/.

See, the part you people are completely ignoring is that if this can be done to /qst/ it can be done to ANYTHING. Even things YOU like.

And you're complaining because we're pointing this out in trying to defend /tg/ things remaining on /tg/.
>>
>>49560130
No, because I do not normally partake in quests as I am not a faggot
>>
>>49560134
Enjoy wasting your life I guess.

You could just spend your time making /qst/ better instead, but obviously you don't care enough about quests, you just want to bitch.
>>
>>49560143
I would like it if they have my interests their own board. Sure it might be slower but it would be jam packed with things relevant to my interests rather that hidden amongst all the mtg garbage.

Mtg needs its own board while we are on the subject of culling cancwr
>>
>>49560143
OH
NO
NOT
THE
SLIPPERY
SLOPE!!!
>>
>>49560140
>missing the point
It's tragic that you can't comprehend the basics of the issue. You have to turn it into quest/anti-quest stupidity. That quests were banned is the end of that obviously. And when wht you like gets banned, and loses content creator, and vanishes into a containment board to die - if you're even that lucky - you'll finally understand. But until then, yes, it's all about quest/anti-quest, and nothing more.

You are literally the reason the "They came for X, I did nothing" parable exists, you know.
>>
>>49560157
You seem to be unaware that /qst/ users have been bombarding the board with recommendations to improve it since the first day, and the mod either ignores them or bans them for the trouble.
>>
>>49560163
>Muh slippery slope fallacy

Quests are not the first things I have seen get kicked off /tg/. You can't call it a slippery slope when it has been unfolding right in front of your goddamn eyes for years.
>>
>>49560169
>But I HAVE been whining
What great content for your fledgling board, idiot.
>>
>>49560163
Why not?

This is not the first time something has been falseflagged/shitposted/banned by people who hate something has happened. If it was the first, you might have an argument. But it's not. It's not even the third time.

>>49560157
That's laughable. The mods don't listen to anyonone /qst/. They literally ignore it. You can't make somethign better if no one listens.

You can make thing infinitely worse by not listening too. Read OP, realize it isn't about quests, and buy a fucking clue.
>>
>>49560165
See you keep throwing around the word "content creation" like it justifies masturbatory fantasies about being a little girl.

I could make shitty mspaint drawing of dicks and technically I am a content creator, but that doesn't mean we want my content on the board.
>>
>>49560175
>Slippery slope defended with Slippery Slope 2 electric boogaloo and a call for people to "wake up"
Did I misclick and end up on /x/?
>>
>>49560182
Why do the mods have to make it better. It's almost as if the quest community is aware that they are garbage.
>>
>>49560182
>The only way to make it better is to bitch
>not to make quality content
Uhuh.
I don't get it.
>>
>>49560181
>anyone can write a quest
>quests run 24-7 nonstop
>there are plenty of players everywhere checking /qst/ all the time
>it's all on you and the 25 people who QM to make an entire board go
Wow. If that were the case, the board wouldn't take 8-10 days for a single thread to drop off.
>>
>>49560181
You could at least pretend to make an argument, or at the very least bitch about something that was actually in the post you fool.
>>
>>49560182
Do you have to ask the mods for approval to make a good quest?
>>
>>49560197
>I'm too lazy to QM
>But I'm ready to whine for 8 years in meta threads
OK.
>>
File: 1082.jpg (37KB, 554x426px) Image search: [Google]
1082.jpg
37KB, 554x426px
>>49560190
I honestly don't know what the fuck to say to you at this point. There is more than enough evidence from past mod actions to claim a trend exists of shitposters getting things they don't like banned. You can call that a fallacy all you want, it just means you approve of the trend. Congratulations.
>>
>>49560105
>Board IDs
You mean the thread IDs? That's a good thing.
>72 hour perma sage
That's only because the board is slow as molasses. I'd imagine if the board ever gets fast enough that it becomes an issue it'll be removed.
>limiting text formatting to OP
I can see why that would be an issue to certain threads, fair point.
>OP can't delete their own threads
Would be useful everywhere. It would be a good point if it only applied to /qst/.

>All this is secondary to the fact that board is simply deader than /po/ and quests have lost a significant chunk of their playerbase in the move to begin with
That has nothing to do with what I was quoting. How is it the mods/numoot's fault that nobody uses it?

>>49560130
Don't assume everyone is the same guy, dumbass.
>>
>>49560215
Making stuff is hard. Whining is easy. I mean just look at every single anti-quest fag. Instead of trying to drown out quests with their own 'quality content' they whined about quests.
>>
>>49560185
>QMs only write quests and that's all they ever write
So, about that fluff you wanted for your world building...who are you going to ask for that? Writers probably. Oops, you got rid of most of them out by getting rid of stuff they happened to enjoy too. Why aren't any more showing up? Maybe because they see how writers on /tg/ get treated? Nah, couldn't be.

>>49560194
Because they made the board, and only they can make the board work effectively for QM's? It's not rocket science.
>>
>>49549488
>Risk Threads , PBP Skirmish Threads, and RP threads like the Mages Guild.
So you want to remove people playing/participating in tg content from /tg/?
Ahmm.
>>
>>49560197
But anon, anyone CAN make a quest!

Perhaps we are touching on the truth of the issue; quest fags actually believe you have to be gifted to run a quest and have some sort of "towering intellect" to understand it.

Your way of having fun isn't better than anyone else's, and now, because you guys decided to be such fedoraS about the whole thing you have your own board where we do not have to look at you. You are /tg/'s shame.
>>
>>49560123
>Read the OP very carefully, and you will understand why this is being discussed.
I did, what I mean to say is why isn't it a given that
the
>Risk Threads, PBP Skirmish Threads, and RP threads
should move? They're the same thing as a quest in spirit.
>>
>>49560195
>>49560194
>>49560214
>>49560215
>All this goalpost moving
It's like you spergs are incapable of even shitposting properly.
>>
>>49560226
>Accept what I claim as evidence
Shit I really am on /x/
>>
File: 1342062388539.png (376KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1342062388539.png
376KB, 900x702px
>>49560214
>>49560195
>>49560194
You don't have good reading comprehension, do you?

Please, oh wise shitposters, enlighten us how to alter the functions of a goddamn board without a mod or admin.
>>
>>49560050
Actually I don't much give a shit about posting on /qst/. I only follow H&D and BQ, and they just link from their twitter.

But I do love to shitpost.

And I seriously do hate forcing everything into Generals.

But yeah. /tg/ isn't my only outlet for creativity or socializing soooooooo I don't much give a fuck.
>>
File: ash.jpg (64KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
ash.jpg
64KB, 500x378px
>every fucking argument in this thread

God damn, use some fucking logic for once in your lives and quit trying to blame everything wrong with the board on some random anon who happened to reply to you. This is some /v/-tier bullshit.
>>
>>49560238
>They did it, so we will domit too until we get what we want
This argument is literally that of a child having a tantrum. You realise that right?
>>
>>49560143
>See, the part you people are completely ignoring is that if this can be done to /qst/ it can be done to ANYTHING. Even things YOU like.
But I like quests. Why are you trying to tell me that I should be outraged?
>>
>>49560257
>>49560265
>We can't make good content with mod approval
OK.
>>
>>49560270
I think the saying goes 'If it is stupid and it works, it ain't stupid. '
>>
>>49560265
You do know that if you actually use the board you'll get more attention right? It's like if your parents buy you a bike and you literally never ride it, but then you get upset that your parents don't maintain it for you.
>>
>>49560185
> I could make shitty mspaint drawing of dicks and technically I am a content creator, but that doesn't mean we want my content on the board.

It would be more than anything else you've ever created on it, I bet.

So really you're just entitled parasitic scum, coming here to mine for greentext posts to repost to reddit?

You and I both know that you don't actually play any games.
>>
>>49560236
It's numoots fault for setting up a board that is completely limited to a highly niche activity with only a small number of QMs willing to make the effort required.

There have never been, and never will be, enough quest masters or even quest players on 4chan to fill even half of an entire board. Even dedicated sites for questing never get more than about a dozen quests going at any one point.
>>
>>49560252
This is some straight up native black scottish level of historical revisionism right here holy shit.
>>
>>49560284
Okay, I'll just make sure to report your whining threads in the future.

If the mods are so against you what makes you think that would work?

I believe the saying goes "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"
>>
>>49560284
But its not going to work this time.
That's the difference.
This separation is a good thing, if only so called qst users would spend time actually using qst rather than just moaning...
>>
>>49560297
Ok. I'll make sure to let the boys know that 40k night, our GURPS campaign, and board game night are cancelled because I don't play games.

Really grasping at straws now, huh?
>>
>>49560320
Oh look, you pulled the two most commonly uttered games on /tg/, what proof that is.
>>
>>49560281
Please read posts you reply to.

>>49560294
Please answer the question. I really want to know how to fix /qst/ without an admin to update the board.
And make the bike a unicycle that was never asked for in the first place, and then people yell at you about why you don't want to use it, and the analogy will be more accurate.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>49560330
Sorry I don't play your esoteric anime games.

Here's a chapter captain to make you feel better
>>
>>49560215
>>49560214
What good is making a quest if the board doesn't support it well?

Oh that's right, you actually think the board is good already because it exists. You don't actually try and run quests there, so you don't realize how bad it is. And you don't care, so you can say things that don't actually have any relevance to the board. But that's not really the problem. It's a symptom of the real problem.

/wst/ and ERP were easy to get rid of, because it takes zero effort to false flag them. It will be the same with CYOA, RISK threads, and the RP threads as well. They couldn't do that with quests because it requires creativity.

That last word is the important one, because when quests were banned on /tg/ that told creative people they weren't welcome. And it tells people who come after they leave that if they post creative content, they're not welcome here either.

The patter becomes clear: people who post creative things get banned on /tg/ because people don't like it.

And that's why /tg/ is sucking more every year. The slippery slop is already in place and more and more content is being removed from /tg/ because of it. OP might be posting satire, but it is proven that content removal really happens, and often now.

But hey, it's your board, right? Nothing you like could possibly be gotten rid of.
>>
>>49560270
It works for becoming president. From the mouths of babes and fools comes truth, and all that.

>>49560267

I liked the guy who pointed out that the real poison is funneling everything into "Generals" threads. It's interesting to see how the board is slowly being broken up and divided as people identify with only their specific interests and refuse to interact with or even tolerate other people having different interests.

The funny part is that they're all oldfags, or claiming to be I know some of them faggots are fucking lying.

I wonder if it's some sort of "board senility" where they slowly become bitter and cynical with age and can't see anything new on the board ever matching up to what it was like back when it was new and we had consistent high quality posters who were fucking namefags but still not shit, and got stuff done. Wafflehousemillionaire, Shas'o, Gropey etc

You know, people with actual lives and groups who slowly moved on while they just stayed spinning their circles.

Or if it's actually just a bunch of newfag millenials who grew up with shit like reddit and hugboxes and facebook narcissism and don't understand how anonymous message boards work.

Most importantly, though, I get to bathe in the tears of everyone involved as they come here to shitpost.
>>
>>49560346
You know what, I'll go to quest and make my own quest, with black jack and hookers.

Then I can say I've done more for the quest board than the people who birch about the quest board.
>>
>>49560306
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

>>49560320

> Plays three fucking game nights a week, while posting in the middle of the night on /tg/, and one of them is GURPS

I mean, do you even try to make it believable?
>>
>>49560341
>Here's an image of a model
And?
Its not like those aren't ten a penny.
>Anything not GURPS or 40K is animoo
Really not doing your claim much service here lad.
>>
>>49560349
I am an oldfag and I think generals should be banned. Just make a fucking thread you chucklefucks
>>
>>49560346
Too autistic, couldn't read.
>>
>>49560236
>IDs
No, they're really not. The players hate it and it causes namefag-type problems and personal issues between players to crop up.
>permasage
Yes, the board is slow as molasses because there are only a limited number of actual QMs postign at any one time. All the permasage does is prove that there aren't enough people to make /qst/ successful as a board, and make the "50% quets on /tg/" and "all the front page is quests" lies exceedingly obvious as the lies they were.
>useful everywhere
OP can delete their own threads everywhere else.

>How is it the mods/numoot's fault that nobody uses it?
Because they're the ones who listened to the lies about quests being all encompassing and entirely overwhelming and crowding out anything at all. Look at the first page of /qst/ and youll get a really good idea of how many quests run at once at any given time.

Not enough to fill a board with.
>>
>>49560346
>What good is making a quest if the board doesn't support it well?
Never stopped anyone before /qst/ was made, why would it now?
>>
>>49560255
>slippery slope is a GOOD THING
>whiners in control of /tg/ is a GOOD THING
>people who allow only certain kinds of fun in /tg/ is a GOOD THING
Wow. Truly the board will flourish.
>>
>>49560367
You know what a general is, you little mental midget? It's a thread with a bunch of people who all like to talk about the same fucking thing.

Holy fucking shit. Generals are not mandatory, and it simply acts like a place for people who want to get simple answers or talk about the shit they like with other people that like that shit to talk.

Let's say you ban Generals.

Ok, sure. How the flipping fuck do you ENFORCE THAT? At what point does it go from people talking about shit they like to a general? Do you understand how fucking stupid you sound?
>>
>>49560361
Well I'm engaged to another RPG player, my neighbor and roommate both have 40k armies, I pretty much make my own work schedule (general contractor), and tabletop games are my passion.

I don't see wants so unbelievable about it.
>>
>>49560294
Attention from whom?

The players? The mods?

It is in use. That's the thing, even the people who don't like it come and use it. And it isn't used enough because there aren't enough people to use it. But hey, that's not really the important part.

The important part that you keep glossing over is what will happen now that people can moderate content by being whiny bitches to the mods. That's obviously less important than reassuring yourself that the containment board is working.
>>
>>49560389
Banning them is stupid, I'll agree with you there.

It's equally stupid banning shit unless it's in a General thread though. That's where it gets cancerous.

Let's not even get into how many of them are thinly veiled shitposting or /v/ refugee threads.
>>
>>49560361
>GURPS is so much harder than all other systems
>you literally have to do calculus to even move!

So tired of this meme
>>
>>49560404
The fact that you're practically autistic with your arguments, and it's super easy to lie on the internet?
>>
>>49560415
>Slippery slope
No mate, we're just ignoring that fallacy.
>>
>>49560365
Please explain how GURPS is "one of the most popular things on /tg/".

That would be sweet, but it's not true in any way shape or form.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (18KB, 293x364px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
18KB, 293x364px
>>49553433
> squatting in /tg/
> quests originated from /tg/
> quest threads are currently the palestinians of board kultur, robbed of home and forced to take refuge in a new board made for them where they're herded and fenced in.
???
>>
>>49560417
Yeah, but that's the thing. It's in no way banned.

If it was, I'd be right there at the baracads, myself.

And Generals that are in no way actually related to /tg/ ARE a problem. But generals in, uh, general? Fuck off.
>>
>>49560358
Let me know how many players you get. I'll be interested to see if you can actually make a quest, run it, and get more than 4 players involved.

After all, there are literally hundreds of threads like that in /qst/ that have failed because either no players, or the QM gave up. But then, you'd know that if you ever went there and used /qst/. I know it because I run quests there. They have a decent amount of players still, because my quests started before /qst/ was made and I have a reputation with certain types of questers.

So, good luck fixing /qst/ for us. It'll be fun watching your 'quest' crash and burn because you're playerless and unable to continue beyond the first thread.
>>
>>49560451
>salty QMs crying.
Maybe you don't have players because you're a salty bitch?
>>
>>49560433
Please explain where I said that first.

At most I said it was a commonly used game name, mainly for the memes of how hard it is. Saying FATAL is a well known meme doesn't mean it's being played a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>49560425
Well sorry you don't believe me but here's an assault marine to soothe your rage.
>>
>>49560374
>The players hate it and it causes namefag-type problems and personal issues between players to crop up.
Such as?
>Yes, the board is slow as molasses because there are only a limited number of actual QMs postign at any one time. All the permasage does is prove that there aren't enough people to make /qst/ successful as a board, and make the "50% quets on /tg/" and "all the front page is quests" lies exceedingly obvious as the lies they were.
Do you even know what the permasage is for? It's because the board is too slow for a post limit to function properly which can result in a dead thread getting bumped for months. I'm not really sure why you think the place needs a gorillion people clamoring to QM, more players would suffice. I don't think the split was 100% necessary but I'm still not seeing what the big deal is.
>OP can delete their own threads everywhere else
I could be wrong but last I checked they definitely could not.

>Because they're the ones who listened to the lies
Don't be unreasonable. Don't you think it's a little absurd to think that just because they came to a decision you didn't like that they're blindly following the sound of the loudest screams?

For the record, I've QM'd before and I intend to continue to do so.

>>49560386
>whiners in control of /tg/ is a GOOD THING
Nobody's in control of /tg/ but the admin. Still not really seeing why forum games being on /qst/ stop /tg/ from having a culture. They aren't and never were /tg/'s main thing.
>>
>>49560418
Nah, it's just not very popular and it's the kind of thing a liar would claim to play in order to pretend to authenticity.

Like shit, I still play AD&D 2nd Ed because honestly we've house ruled so much shit over the years that I could give less of a fuck about changing. But because we all have shit going on in our lives now that we're older, we usually just play one-shots with regular dice and characters fleshed out just enough to cover whatever kinds of skills seem appropriate.

Because we're fucking lazy now. And also we're adults who are capable of not sperging out to make special snowflakes and talking to each other we feel someone is pushing it.

Like, I would think someone who actually plays traditional games a lot would be all about playing varieties like that.

But if you really do only play GURPS, board games & 40k, then you probably are a roll-player.

MFW I actually really look forward to the day people start talking about trump games on /tg/
>>
>>49560458
Misunderstood your meaning. My bad mate.
>>
>>49560470
Sure you have. What quests?
>>
>>49560480
S'ok. I too wish more people were into gurps. Even my own group are dead set against it.
>>
>>49560457
>namecalling will prove my point
Well argued. Didn't even read the post, did you? I'd love to see 'anyone can run a quest' anon succeed and prove me wrong. It would be wonderful to be proven wrong in practice rather than by being told so because you know more about how /qst/ works than I do.

Good luck with that. And even better luck with keeping /tg/ running well. I'll be happy if the trend that /tg/ has been following turns around and changes for the better. I really will. Being proven wrng would be nice at this point.

But so far I haven't been.
>>
>>49560475
No wonder no one plays with you when you're so bitter I can literally taste you through the internet.
>>
>>49560475
Nah, just moved away from 3.5 into GURPS because we were sick of playing the same character builds over and over and 4e hadn't dropped. We like Gurps dungeon fantasy and the tactical shooting so much we never tried the new dnds.
>>
>>49560487
Relatively small ones, Sudsventure and Door Puncher.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/119739/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/121711/
>>
>>49560502
It's like you would prefer that quest fails.

You know we won't let you back right?
>>
>>49560470
>Such as?
You've seen two anons throwing down about pointless stupid shit in generals, haven't you? You're not THAT new to /tg/ I hope. Now make them all namefags.

This thread would look a lot different if it had IDs. You would see exactly how few people are actually arguing about real issues and how many are just being obtuse.

>didn't like that they're blindly following the sound of the loudest screams
That is exactly what they did. If you had been in the first /qst/ discusson thread, you would know that and have seen proof of it - those IDs and the poster count proved it beyond doubt, even if the people doing victory laps hadn't.

>I've QM'd before and I intend to continue to do so.
Good luck with that on /qst/ friend. You're in for a rude awakening.
>>
>>49560487
>>49560523
>How btfo can one man be.
Find out next episode.

Also cool quests Wilba. I feel like this guy is going to start shitposting you though because you went against his narrative.
That is, if he has the balls to even reply to you.

Kudos mate. Nice drawings.
>>
>>49560540
Oh, but didn't people just say that you weren't in control of /tg/ content and how the boards do or don't get made? That there was no conspiracy?

Gee.
>>
>>49560470
>Such as?
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/570135/
Well, it's varied..
>>
>>49560470
>Don't you think it's a little absurd to think that just because they came to a decision you didn't like that they're blindly following the sound of the loudest screams?

If the other decisions made by Hiro are any indication, then no, he seems to have taken the loudest complaints on /qa/ and made them official board policy. So far as anyone can tell, he did this without asking anyone on the boards affected for their input.
>>
>>49560564
Well I'm against quests on /tg/ and the mods are of that view point too so I don't see how agreeing with the mods is a conspiracy.
>>
>>49560580
Mod did ask /tg/ for input one /qst/. The thread is pretty funny in my onion.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911/
>>
>>49560564
You realise the more you scream conspiracy the less likely you are to be taken seriously.
>>
>>49560523
When you "confirm" something you use your trip. It's not confirmed otherwise. Just saying in case someone gets uppity about it.
>>
>>49560599
Do you actually think I care about being taken seriously at this point?

I've stated my arguments, had them ignored, business as usual. 'Ill go back to watching /tg/ die from slow hemorrhage and laughing when people ask where the things that made /tg/ good has gone.
>>
>>49560632
Well if you actually care about /tg/ and not just fluffing your ego, yeah, I'm sure you would want to be taken seriously.

But that last reply really makes me realise all you care about is feeling right and/or subjugated.
>>
>>49560554
>You've seen two anons throwing down about pointless stupid shit in generals, haven't you? You're not THAT new to /tg/ I hope. Now make them all namefags.
>This thread would look a lot different if it had IDs. You would see exactly how few people are actually arguing about real issues and how many are just being obtuse.
I thought we were referring to the board that has the IDs, /qst/. I don't lurk it heavily but I'm struggling to think of a reason for thread IDs to cause any actual problems. Again, could be wrong.
>>
>>49560632
>where the things that made /tg/ good has gone.
tgchan is available too.
That furfag quester tgweaver still does quests sometimes.

>>49560654
It's telling when argument and logic stops dictating a man's motivations, isn't it?
>>
>>49560661
IDs do not cause problems, the board users are just used to /tg/ and enjoy thread post anonymity.
>>
>>49560603
Well, since you asked. I don't like using trips unless explicitly called for.
>>
>>49560632
>'Ill go back to watching /tg/ die from slow hemorrhage
>/tg/ is more popular than ever which is the whole reason we had to get rid of clogging quest threads in the first place.
>Boardgaming is exploding and shows no sign of stopping.
>New mini games every day.
keknomicon buds.
>>
>>49560665
But it's so much easier to shift goalposts and ignore any actual evidence.

>>49560654
Yes it is, especially when it's so much easier to say "well we got what we wanted, nothing bad can happen to us."
>>
>>49555077
qst SHOULD have been the board exclusively for forum games, because at that point it would actually have a broad enough scope that it could develop a community instead of having rules set up so you literally cannot have a thread that isn't an active quest
>>
>>49560506
Anon, moving past the stage of needing systems as anything other than a work saving device and a setting is a good thing. We just kind of mash shit together and have fun. It's the best, we don't have to worry about shit being too over or underpowered etc.

And believe it or not, but having other shit in your life is actually fulfilling. You should try it some time.

>>49560520
Fair enough. We looked at that but honestly I've been with the same group that we just kind of slowly homebrewed our own AD&D abomination.
>>
>>49560742
My sides.
You're projecting so hard you show run a film reel buds.
>>
>>49560732
How can we ignore things you haven't shown?

Honestly at this point you seem more like someone pretending to be pro quests just stirring up controversy, because you don't seem remotely interested in doing anything but making "your side" look like drooling mouth breathers.
>>
>>49560732
What are the goalposts and why haven't you met them? Maybe that's a better question.
>>
>>49560761
THISSS
>>
I just realized the mods are in fact awake and in this thread. Wish I knew what was going through their heads.
>>
>>49560590
>http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46945911/

>>46945926
> So no fanarts, drawfags, mixtapes, and users collaborating on plans and stuff for quests ever?

> Got it.

I actually did laugh.
>>
>>49560889
Yeah, the mod certainly has some gems. I mean, half the quests involving being a conqueror in a setting basically required players to share maps, fortress designs, battle plans, etc. To speak nothing of civs.
>>
>>49560905
Fanart especially.
>>
>>49560884
The usual.
>>
>>49560957
t. mod unironically
>>
I like how the things that were supposed to be gotten rid of with ERP, /wst/, and /qst/ are still in /tg/ and worse than .
>>
>>49560661
Well for one I''m a drawfag who regularly draws shit for a quest or two,but when I'm not drawfagging I take off my name since I want to be seen as just an anon.Thread IDs are going to fuck with that.
>>
>>49561479
Hush now, /qst/ is perfect and doesn't need to be fixed. Run along back to your containment board, don't bother /tg/ with your nonsense..
>>
>>49561479
Same. I just reset my ID through my router though to bypass the feature.
>>
>>49559584
>a mod
>most

>only mods

Mods may be retarded but you lack even basic reading comprehension and logic skills.
>>
>>49559633
I don't know much about TLU, but that sounds pretty cool!
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.