[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse me, Lieutenant. If our primary weaponry is laser based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 16

File: index.jpg (7KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 244x207px
Excuse me, Lieutenant.

If our primary weaponry is laser based with no appreciable recoil and near light speed impact time, why are we only BS 3?
>>
>>49549320
Laser pointers don't hurt much, Guardsman
>>
>>49549320
Fuck off with your gay forced meme.
>>
>>49549330
So the BS 3 and S 3 is a combination effect to reflect high-accuracy, low damage weapons?

I can pay that. I was going to ask why not make it BS 6 and S 1, but then I realised that would mean there would be some units that it would be impossible to wound with a lasgun. The stats must thus represent mass, co-ordinated fire over single shots.
>>
>>49549338
>>49549269

YOU'RE SPREADING IT.
>>
It'd still have minor recoil issues from the flash-heated air expanding, but not too appreciable. My operating theory is that lasgun lenses are profoundly imperfect and the beam doesn't stay coherent for long; explains the range limitations on both tabletop and RPG fairly well in my book. As for why they aren't accurate at close range? Good question, likely down to the abstraction of the game's stats.
>>
>>49549320
>this forced meme again

Has it really already been three months?

Do you have calendar dates set up as to when you're going to try spamming these shit threads, hoping people have forgotten how much of a faggot spammer you are?
>>
>>49549366

Maybe the guns are perfectly accurate, but the guardsmen aren't? Isn't there a train of thought about how people need to be trained to shoot someone else, because we'll instinctively not want to hurt them?
>>
>>49549382
>this forced meme again

How do you force a meme, exactly? Once more people than the original poster start using it, hasn't it gone viral at that stage?
>>
>>49549382
Not OP, but why do you feel compelled to post in threads you don't like instead of just ignoring them? Do you feel that being a vigilante mod is a productive use of your time?
>>
>>49549409
According to Officer Nofun, all threads he dislikes are started by the same person.
>>
>>49549429
He's right.

Ignore the numbers down on the bottom right. There's only ever three people on 4chan. You, me and the other guy.

And I'm not sure about the other guy.
>>
>>49549320
Because guardsmen simply don't have the aim of cybernetic and genetically enhanced humans
>>
>>49549514
But it's just light.

You can use a mirror and your hand to hit a fucking plane pilot in the eyes from dozens of miles, why the hell can't they hit a charging carnifax from across a football field?
>>
This is one hell of a cringey forced discussion. It's so creepily unnatural.
>>
>>49549550
Try aiming a laser pointer at a moving target without holding down the button, then tap it. I'd say it's not unreasonable to assume that half the time you'd miss.
>>
>>49549550

A laser pointer won't flash boil the liquids in your body if hit by the beam
>>
>>49549550
Most will be scared shitless and not really aim.

Also bs3 is baseline trained soldier, everything above is elite of the elite or augmented or inhuman shit.

>>49549564
>>49549382
Also this.
>>
>>49549382
all memes are forced you dumb newfag
>>
>>49549723

No, only the ones I don't like are forced.
>>
The aiming capabilities of the user do not match up to the precision of the gun.
>>
>>49549791
>>49549723
>>49549564
>>49549382
>>49549360
>>49549338
You're all aware, of course, that Excuse Me may have been spammed to hell, but the people spamming it were a group, not one guy? And at this point, it's just a joke? Calm your autism, and stop trying to police fun

>>49549320
Because the guardsmen are very poorly trained, and BS3 isn't actually low, since the numbers are an abstract of shooting prowess in a setting with god-like figures and power armoured demigods. So they're pretty accurate, but in comparison to a space marine, they're nothing.
>>
>>49550482
At this point, it's a really, really, really sad forced meme, especially because you're still trying to try and dig it out of the hole you've sunk it into while only digging it deeper.

>Because the guardsmen are very poorly trained, and BS3 isn't actually low, since the numbers are an abstract of shooting prowess in a setting with god-like figures and power armoured demigods. So they're pretty accurate, but in comparison to a space marine, they're nothing.

See this? This is some embarrassing forced discussion to go along with your embarrassing forced meme.
>>
>>49550508
Bro I hate to tell ya but

all the people in this thread are bumping it specifically because of your posts

think about that

you post, they post

you don't post, they _________

I 100% guarantee you that if you stop replying they will stop making these threads

but we all know you won't stop replying
>>
>>49550508
You seem convinced everyone who tried to participate in the thread instead of whining is OP and his proxies. I'd try and tell you you're wrong, but you're caught up in your own self image as the righteous crusader saving /tg/ from the memes that trigger you. Kinda sad.

>See this? This is some embarrassing forced discussion to go along with your embarrassing forced meme.

Embarrassing discussion, is it? What makes it embarrassing lad?
>>
>>49550623
don't tell him that, I'm enjoying myself
>>
>>49550644
I already told him a couple times. He accused me of being the OP and trying to force a meeeeem.
>>
>>49549612
Is the laser pointer the size and shape of a rifle with appreciable sights on it?
>>
>>49550623
>I 100% guarantee you that if you stop replying they will stop making these threads

How does that even work, when it's them making the thread yesterday to try and force their meme again that started this whole thing?

I can 100% guarantee you that if you stop forcing this meme, people will forget about it and won't complain about it.
>>
>>49550689

Not him, but I'm curious, what exactly is the difference between a "forced meme" and just a regular old meme?
>>
>>49550689
See, there you go again, implying I'm the OP and replying to the thread. The two things you're not supposed to do.

If you just ignored these threads, the jackanapes in them wouldn't see you as a ready source of entertainment. You're not going to shame anyone into going along with your autism, because every time you reply it makes people happy. Stop replying, don't reply, and most importantly, stop replying.

Or just reply with another post about how "pointing out that you're creating a perpetual lolcow situation" is forcing a meme.
>>
>>49550702
He doesn't like this one

At this point, the meme is saying that Excuse Me is a meme.
>>
>>49550702
Forced memes are spammed just to try to get them to go viral. It's a brute force tactic that's essentially a small group or even an individual taking advantage of an anonymous image board to try to get a meme to stick.

It's what happened with this thing. The same threads were made and then repeated over and over again, spammed daily in hopes of getting it to become popular, but it instead had the inverse effect of making everyone hate it, outside of a few trolls.
>>
>>49550904

>Forced memes are spammed just to try to get them to go viral. It's a brute force tactic that's essentially a small group or even an individual taking advantage of an anonymous image board to try to get a meme to stick.
You've yet to prove that, you do realize that anon, right?
>>
>>49550904
>I AM THE MAJORITY, ALL OF YOU ARE ONE GUY AND HIS GROUP OF FRIENDS/PROXIES

yeah, nah.
>>
>>49550934
That's was proven years ago. You can actually find the proof yourself, just by searching 'Excuse Me" in the archives and finding the cycles of repeat threads. Shouldn't take you more than a few minutes.

Someone was definitely trying to force this thing, and doing it blatantly probably because they thought that it would be hard to string together something that's really obvious.
>>
File: milhouse is not a meme.jpg (19KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
milhouse is not a meme.jpg
19KB, 407x405px
>>
>>49550987
>years ago
Pretty sure this meme isn't years old lad.
It was last year at most.
And they seem to have succeeded, since it's now a meme
>>
>>49549388
A guy from Hive World became an officer because he killed somebody, or so I heard.
>>
>>49551026
2012 at least. I remember seeing it back then.
>>
>>49551026
It's part of a cycle, where they try to bring it back, and people call it out for being faggotry, and then they hide away for a while, and then they come back again hoping everyone's forgotten how awful their spam is and how forced their conversations are.

They've been trying for years now. Years. And, the same thing is just going to happen again, because the people who spam it might be literally retarded. The only meme they've secured is that Excuse Me guy is a little seasonal plague on this board, like the flu.
>>
>>49550987

Or, you have a lot of uncreative people.

>Elf slut what do

>Your character gets a power from your latest soundtrack

>Your campaign are now lolis for no reason

Are all also extremely repetitive and uploaded constantly. That's a long way from proving there's one guy or a small cabal trying to force it.
>>
>>49551086
You seem to think I'm on your side. I think you're an easily triggered moron trying to police a board.
>>
File: Groucho-Marx.jpg (27KB, 454x365px) Image search: [Google]
Groucho-Marx.jpg
27KB, 454x365px
>>49551086
Like the flu? Sounds pretty viral to me.
>>
>>49549320
I thought this shit meme died.
Fucking 4chan won't let me put sage in all fields.
>>
>>49551102
You're really doing your best to try and extend the benefit of the doubt. Remember, there's a difference between any doubt and reasonable doubt.

We're not talking about similar threads. We're talking about identical threads, in a cycle, complete with a schedule. It's not even deep detective work, it's what's blatantly obvious just by doing a three second search in the archive.

It was spammed, and even now the only thing left in this husk of a meme is that people like using it for spiteposting because it's easy to troll with. It's about time the few people still trying to drag it out of its grave just moved on, and did something more productive with their time.

Maybe try and spam more pepe on /pol/ or something.
>>
>>49551234

>You're really doing your best to try and extend the benefit of the doubt. Remember, there's a difference between any doubt and reasonable doubt.

Yes, and mere similarity of thread types, which hell, aren't even as similar as some OTHER threads we see a lot of, seems to be a pretty reasonable doubt to me.

>We're talking about identical threads, in a cycle, complete with a schedule.

What identical threads? How is it more or less identical than "Elf slave what do?" What schedule?

>It was spammed, and even now the only thing left in this husk of a meme is that people like using it for spiteposting because it's easy to troll with.

The only person being trolled by this seems to be you.
>>
>>49551288
>What identical threads?
Identical picture, identical text. Same filenames even. Same inane questions made purely just to spam the meme, sometimes even with identical responses immediately following it.

It's pretty fucked up when you actually think about it, because it seems like the guy was really going all out, all without realizing that everything he was doing was not only archived, but readily searched. In fact, them using the same images and filenames makes it so easy to trace, that anyone with even mild curiosity is forced to come to the same conclusions. Of course, this was a few years back and the archive wasn't as well known, so it's easy to see how they didn't know that their spamming was so obvious, but that only makes you wonder what lengths they would go to if they did know.

I'm sorry, but "reasonable" does not mean being an idiot, and there's no real way to explain away the spam as anything other than spam, even if you wanted to extend the benefit of the doubt, which is assuredly misplaced for this meme spamming.
>>
>>49551416
I personally find you more annoying than those forced memes. Learn to use filter you dipshit detective board-police wanna be.

At least put up a name so I can filter you.
>>
>>49551517
It's hardly detective work, and I'm sorry you thought you were so clever with your meme spam that even five minutes with an archive search engine could link it together.
>>
>>49550508
What the hell is forced discussion?
>>
>>49551546
We're insulting you because you're easily trolled and incredibly butthurt over a joke

>>49551549
For whatever reason, the Excuse Me meme pisses this guy off so much he spends hours of his life yelling at the people who use it.
>>
>>49551416
>Same inane questions made purely just to spam the meme, sometimes even with identical responses immediately following it.
Yeah, I recognized this pattern too:

>Excuse me, Commissar...
>FORCED MEME REEEEEE

>Excuse me, Cult Leader
>FORCED MEME REEEEEE

>Excuse me, your highness
>FORCED MEME REEEEEE

Whoever that guy is, he's pretty dedicated to finding every Excuse Me thread and whining about it.

>>49551549
>What the hell is forced discussion?
It's like regular discussion, except one anon is convinced that everyone else in the thread is just one guy with a lot of fake IP addresses.
>>
>>49550997
Get out of here with your forced meme. Everytime you post this people flood the board with the same shitty forced meme until they are banned. You and you tiny cabal of memers are trying to ruin this board with forced discussion.
[Spoiler]:>)[/spoiler]
>>
>>49551569
>>49551577
Kind of weak damage control, but not unexpected.

It's like watching the top of a snake die after it's been cut an inch below its head. A few weak spasms, a few snaps of the jaws, nothing more.
>>
>>49551416
>>49551577

It's obvious, don't you see? The guy complaining about the forced meme IS the guy forcing the meme.

How else to ensure its visibility by ranting and raving and carrying on every time there's an "Excuse me" thread? Make it, let 5-10 replies develop, and then go on the assblasted crusade, ensuring that it stays in the top of the catalogue.

Meanwhile, he acts (in a deliberately stupid way) as the board police, accusing anyone and everyone who doubts his "theory" as being in on the conspiracy. This in turn makes people think he's crazy, because he's acting crazy, and it must therefore be a pretty nice meme, as evidenced by posts like this. >>49551517

It's an incredibly devious plan.
>>
>>49551621
>damage control

get out of here with that forced meme. I see you and your proxies spamming that all the fucking time and it makes me sick. Sure it dies down every now and then, I don't see it for a while, but don't think I don't know who you are. You're a sad, pathetic loser spamming your stupid meme which 99.999% of /tg/ (who, after all, I represent) hate.
>>
>>49551659
The man's a genius.

>>49551621
Stop forcing your stupid meme, OP, no one wants to see it.
>>
>>49549320
Where is the face of the Excuse Me ____ guy from?

This is a shitty forced meme but I gotta know the origin of the face
>>
>>49551733
>shitty forced meme
I love that meme
>>
>>49551733

It's from one of the redshirts in One of the Star Trek movies. I think it's First Contact, but I'm not sure; definitely one of the TNG movie era though.
>>
>>49551733
Star Trek movie. Same as the dialogue, I guess.

I never saw it, so all I know about it is from the 1d4chan page:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/%22Excuse_Me%22_Guy

For added humor, check out the
>d-d-d-damage control

in the History page:
https://1d4chan.org/index.php?title=%22Excuse_Me%22_Guy&action=history

You can tell that Mr. Board Policeman has been editing the wiki.
>>
>>49551659
>>49551663
>>49551694
I don't know if you think you're actually being funny or if you've really just been pushed past the breaking point, but there's really not much left to discuss.

So, let's just bury this forced meme, and not have you guys spend so much effort defending the indefensible.
>>
>>49549638
This is why space marines need an increase of 1 in every single stat of theirs. WS 5, BS 5, S 5, T 5, etc. Because being just 1+ to human is fucking retarded.
>>
>>49551770

I'd love to. Stop forcing the meme, OP.
>>
File: laser rifle.jpg (1MB, 2500x1655px) Image search: [Google]
laser rifle.jpg
1MB, 2500x1655px
>>49549330
It takes less than half a watt to blind someone. With multiple kilowatts and a wide angle lens, you could disable entire squads.
>>
>>49551770
New anon here. Fuck your forced meme.
>>
>>49551770
Stop forcing this meme, it's an addiction

>>49551787
Eh, the stats in WH40k are incredibly vague, so we don't really know by how much a person's strength increases as they get +1 to it, alongside WS and BS etc.
>>
>>49551825
Considering that guardsman's stats can be summed as "complete dogshit" I think it's safe to say they're godawful. 60% increase in a normal human's stat values should be how the space marine stats are derived, including points cost. Keep them at 1 wound though, only give Terminators the special 2 wounds.
>>
>>49549320
BS3 is fine, it's roughly average for a well trained troop who doesn't have either extremely sophisticated targeting systems or reflexes so fast they make the world essentially slow motion.
>>
>>49551770
You want people to pay attention to your meme spam. That's why you bought up the archive. You must feel really proud now.
>>
>>49551864
>>49551886
>cue forced conversation

Ugh. Just let this thread die.
>>
>>49551864
We don't know if the +1 is the same increase each time, or if there's some sort of diminishing returns thing going on, but, on principle, I agree with you.

It's just 40k would become very unbalanced if Space Marines were made into the fluff based monsters they really are. Or space marine armies would be even smaller and GW wouldn't be able to extract every penny they can from their legions of fans.
>>
>>49549320
it's mainly representing the odds of a shot that actually has a chance to do damage. So a guardsman who is even hitting 90% of the time probably isn't getting a lot of hits on areas weakly enough armored that he can hurt it.

Also, accurate fire in a combat situation, especially when the enemy is shooting back, isn't as easy as it looks. Usually you'll be snap firing from cover or something. So its not like that guardsman is sitting there like he's on the firing range calmly plinking orks at 200 yards.
>>
>>49551825
We know for Initiative, i3 is human speed, i4 is holy shit that's inhumanly fast and i5 is so fast it blurs.
>>
>>49550508
That is real discussion though
>>
>>49551913
Well that's the thing, with increased stats come stiff points increase. This results in a smaller army that makes it even easier for beginners to get into, like Grey Knights.
>>
>>49551937
See
>pace marine armies would be even smaller and GW wouldn't be able to extract every penny they can from their legions of fans.

And I wouldn't want to shrink space marine armies further, given the vast number of low AP high strength template weapons around, sounds like a recipe for disaster.
>>
>>49551955
Well you can always increase their base size, or add a special rule that increases the range the unit can be spread out.
>>
>>49549388
>aim gun
>pull trigger
Training complete.
>heres the platoon you'll be replacing cause these guys are pacifists
Shoot them.
>indoctrination complete
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (200KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
200KB, 1000x1500px
>>49551893
Sounds like meme-forcer talk to me.

Hey everybody, I made a thing
>>
>>49552017
Can you stop forcing the forced meme forced meme. I don't want forced discussion on my board.
>>
>>49552106
Force me.
>>
>>49552178
you and your 80 proxies cant fool me
>>
>>49549382
Three months? It feels like years since I saw one of these threads around here.
>>
>>49552348
Thats because you dont autistically search for them.
>>
>>49551763
Wow somebody changed the entire article today to shit on it. Forced meme guy really is butthurt about this.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (74KB, 453x479px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
74KB, 453x479px
>>49550508
wew lad
>>
File: wedont.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
wedont.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
Am I the only guy that finds this meme genuinely funny?
>>
>>49549320
Because precision counts for nothing without accuracy, guardsman!
Are your sights set correctly?
Are you aiming at the target?
Where are you aiming on the target?
Are you shooting accurately, and not just screaming the catechism of accuracy while holding down full auto?
Are you holding it right?

Now shut up and get back to the line before I have the commissar assign you to latrine duty for a month.
>>
>>49550904
Or maybe its just the most popular meme to use for a discussion of lore.

If I had a question about the Chaos Gods, I'd use an Excuse MeGuy to ask it because there aren't any memes I like better for it.

If you want to stop seeing it, make a better formula meme to use in its place.
>>
>>49552787
I like it

But then we're the same person
>>
>>49552348
It's been years since the genuinely funny ones turned up.

I can empathise with the REEEposter, because the easy way to spot the difference between a shitposter/spammer and someone trying to make a joke is to see if they get the meme right.
Done right, it points out a silly flaw of setting consistent logic and everyone has a chuckle and/or adds something to the joke.
Done wrong, it either asks questions that are answered in the fluff already, or asks questions where the answer is separation of fluff and crunch, which are usually blindingly obviously the case.

Both the excuse me threads currently up fall into the latter.
>>
>>49552787
Some of them can be genuinely amusing, but most of the time they seem to be shitty. Then again you could pretty much say that about most of the board.
>>
>>49552787
I do, I just wish there was more versions.
>>
>>49552787
no I like it too
>>
>>49552937
>>49552963
I mean I think it's funny for
1. Pointing out genuine silliness in 40k
2. The discussion that follows usually has some funny points
3. The level of butt hurt it causes
>>
>>49550482
Shut up, nerd.
>>
>>49552985
I think if you had to make a new version every time it would be more funny.

But hey. This is the site with Baneposting on every board. Repetition is assured.
>>
>>49549320

Because you are untrained meat shields. The only reason you can hit anything at all is because the weapon is so easy to aim.
>>
File: bane3.jpg (88KB, 666x498px) Image search: [Google]
bane3.jpg
88KB, 666x498px
>>49553036
>Implying it's me

I'm not creative or savvy enough to photoshop shit. Just accept that the Fire Rises
>>
>>49549360
Good, these are always the best threads on here.
>>
File: Excuses.png (151KB, 519x232px) Image search: [Google]
Excuses.png
151KB, 519x232px
This is a bit much.
>>
File: il2012.jpg (117KB, 1144x582px) Image search: [Google]
il2012.jpg
117KB, 1144x582px
>>49553078
I never noticed that Gotham license plates were just Illinois plates.

And wait a second, is Gotham an entire state now?
>>
>>49553044
>have tanks shit out tanks which shit out tanks which do a fuckton of damage when massed
>have useless, easily ignorable rabble to "cover" for tanks
Even orks understand horde tactics better than Imperium, since their meatshields actually do damage.
>>
>>49553044
>Because you are untrained meat shields
We're not talking about PDFs lad.
>>
Whoever just updated the wiki, you made me laugh and I genuinely enjoy sharing a planet with you.
>>
>>49553201
fuck you
>>
This meme is like 5 years old, how is it forced?
>>
>>49553253
Do yew knot now what forced meme means?
>>
>>49553292
>Enjoying the crap out of this site
AHAHAHA WHAT A FAGGOT
>>
>>49553253
>This meme is like 5 years old, how is it forced?
we've gone over this, because buttmad Anon doesn't like it.
>>
Because every stat above 4 is superhuman (even for SMs). 4 is peak human (as in, so good in a certain stat he equals SM territory, i.e. Ogryns Toughness or some special IGs BS).

10/D is God Emperor/Gargantuan Creature tier

8-9 is Primarch/C'Tan/named Greater Daemon tier

6-7 is Greater Daemon/Monstruous Creature tier

5 is peak SM/elite Necron tier

3 is trained human.

2 is average imperial citizen.
>>
>>49553363

Actually, we have gone over this.

>>49551234
>>49551416
>>
File: For when I'm burning to death.png (47KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
For when I'm burning to death.png
47KB, 384x384px
>>49553363
Stop forcing the it's not forced meme you fucking memers
>>49553425
STOP FORCING THE IT'S FORCED MEME YOU FUCKING MEMERS
>>
>>49553425
Our forces grow
>>
File: Lasgun.jpg (101KB, 1967x562px) Image search: [Google]
Lasgun.jpg
101KB, 1967x562px
BS3 is like a Trained human BS 4 is along the lines of trained and experienced, thats why vets are BS4

What I find odd is the depiction of the lasrifle. It has recoil, and it goes zzap. When the sudden boil and ionizing of the air would be more like a sonic crack than anything else.

Then theres the power the Lasgun outputs. In the Uplifting Primer it says it has a 19 megathule charge pack. Now 40k is wrought with changing out words so lets assume they mean Megajoule.

Only War says that the Lasgun charge pack has 80 shots to it. The uplifting primer says its 150. So we'll say its 100 for simplicity, that means there is roughly 320kilojoules of energy being released at once PER SHOT. For comparison the .50BMG round gives out roughly 10-15 kilojoules of energy per impact. That means the Lasrifle is 300x more powerful than a .50BMG round.

Now things get fuckier when you apply more lashots with something called "Ablation". Ablation is where material is burned off and that burned off material burns off producing thrust. the more lasers you apply to a spot the more ablation. Meaning volley fire of lasguns will cause targets to generate an exponentially increasing amount of thrust, akin to a rocket taking off. Imagine for a moment a group of charging Berserkers suddenly flung off into space after a FRFSRF.

The lasrifle is not to be fucked with, and this thing is S3 AP- Now imagine the Lascannon which is S9 AP 2
>>
>>49549564
I'm triggered by this forced maymay. I did not consent to this.
>>
>>49553590
Then let's talk about something else. How are the kids doing these days?
>>
>>49553758
Grown up, underachieving in life and asking silly questions to strangers on 4chan's /tg/.
>>
>>49553800
Excellent. Seems like you are raising them well then friend.
>>
>>49553525
>and it goes zzap
only in fanfiction and video games (which are basically just licensed fanfiction)

the fluff has them crack
>>
>>49553525
>That means the Lasrifle is 300x more powerful than a .50BMG round.

I don't know about that, if they operate on the same general principles as modern lasers part of that massive amount of energy will be expended simply traveling several hundred yards through an atmosphere. Kinetic weaponry is far more efficient in terms of retaining energy while moving through matter as a rule of thumb, at least more so than beams of concentrated light. So while the lasgun would pack one hell of a kick in comparison with modern weaponry, I have trouble believing that a single shot from one is equivalent to 300 rounds from an M2.
>>
File: 8QVooRZ.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
8QVooRZ.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>49553525
>Then theres the power the Lasgun outputs. In the Uplifting Primer it says it has a 19 megathule charge pack. Now 40k is wrought with changing out words so lets assume they mean Megajoule.
>taking the primer seriously
Spot the fucking retard right here.

It's painfully clear that megathules are not megajoules because not only would that make the lasgun more powerful than a FUCKING ABRAMS TANK, but it would also make it more powerful than the meltagun (which is lower in megathulage), and people don't instantly turn into fucking ash when shot by a lasgun.
>>
>>49549320
>If our primary weaponry is laser based with no appreciable recoil and near light speed impact time, why are we only BS 3?

Because you can't hit your fucking targets, you fucking scrub. Now get practicing, you shitter!
>>
>>49553525
>320 is 300x more than 10-15

I may not be a mathieurgist, but I don't think that works out.
>>
>>49554829
Oh it's worse. If lasguns were 19 megajoule, that means they have 1,900,000 joules of energy. Russian 7.62x54 meanwhile only has around 3,500 joules of energy.
>>
>>49554875
Well that's 19 megajoules for, what was it, 150 shots? So that would mean a single lasbeam is something like 12,700 joules of energy. That's believable as for the standard infantry weapon of a space faring civilization, comparable to our current weaponry but still significantly more potent.
>>
>>49554779
fit in line with the 40k of EVERYTHING IS SUPER DUPER COMPARED TO MODERN STUFF

>>49554695
The main thing about how the laser works is that it takes until the target heats up to punch through. So say you have a soft fleshy target it will rip it to fucking bits, then say you have a hard armored target like a space marine. Its going to take a few seconds of a concentrated beam ( or volley fire) to punch through.
>>
>>49554695
Not to mention that radiant energy is a lot harder to cause damage with than kinetic energy. It's easier if you pulse the laser, but in general it still takes more energy in a laser shot to cause damage.
>>
>>49555104
>fit in line with the 40k of EVERYTHING IS SUPER DUPER COMPARED TO MODERN STUFF
Or rather, it fits in line with your being a drooling retard. Because lasguns never, ever deal the kind of damage expected from such a high powered shot. Lasgun damage is comparable to modern day high powered rifle rounds from DMR's, which actually are capable of blasting off limbs with good hits. Just go google sniper bullet wounds or look up liveleaks.

>>49555104
>The main thing about how the laser works is that it takes until the target heats up to punch through. So say you have a soft fleshy target it will rip it to fucking bits, then say you have a hard armored target like a space marine. Its going to take a few seconds of a concentrated beam ( or volley fire) to punch through.
Except that's not how Lasguns work, at all. They're explosive penetrators, either causing flesh or armor to instantly detonate with violent force or punch a hole through it. Lasguns also have kinetic energy, and the gun itself kicks. They aren't pure lasers, and don't behave like pure lasers at al.
>>
>>49550904
I like this meme
>>
>>49555161
>They're explosive penetrators, either causing flesh or armor to instantly detonate with violent force or punch a hole through it.
Yes, by superheating with massive amounts of thermal energy until it vaporizes from the force of it.
>>
>>49555161
I stopped reading round "drooling retard"

Not one is impressed by how angry you are.
>>
Because stats above 3 are superhuman you dingus. Strenght 4 can rip through an advanced sci-fi tanks rear armour.

Normal humans have WS and BS 2. Even Chaos Cultists are the cream of the crop.
>>
File: coadeLasers01.jpg (29KB, 375x271px) Image search: [Google]
coadeLasers01.jpg
29KB, 375x271px
>>49553525
>So we'll say its 100 for simplicity, that means there is roughly 320kilojoules of energy being released at once PER SHOT. For comparison the .50BMG round gives out roughly 10-15 kilojoules of energy per impact. That means the Lasrifle is 300x more powerful than a .50BMG round.
Probably an awful idea to compare a laser directly with a bullet weapon. If it dumps all that energy at once it might just end up putting most of it's energy into the vaporised material, depending on the pulse length.
>>
>>49555287
I'm angry because you're retarded enough to not only think that megathules = megajoules, but that anything in the Uplifting Primer is fucking serious, when the entire thing is a bullshit in-universe propaganda booklet that claims Genestealers are slow, weak beasts and that you can actually kill Orks in melee.
>>
File: 40kInANutShell.jpg (113KB, 488x853px) Image search: [Google]
40kInANutShell.jpg
113KB, 488x853px
>>49549320
It's because the toasterfuckers can't build shit, guardsman. These fucking flashlights are out of focus most of the time.
>>
>>49554875
19,000,000 J / charge pack
80? shots/charge pack
237,000 J /shot
3500 J / moist nugget

About 67 nuggets per shot.

it's a bit unreasonable, but not entirely what I'd consider unreasonably unreasonable.
>>
File: mozart.png (117KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
mozart.png
117KB, 720x720px
>>49551659
>>49551770

I see it now, it's so obvious
>>
>>49549320

Because you suck. Acquire skill.
>>
OP here.

Only took nearly a hundred responses, but finally got some good answers.

Is the Lasgun really a laser weapon? Everything seems to suggest that it's actually firing some form of plasma projectile instead of just light.
>>
>>49549320
Because your aim is just that bad guardsman

Actually it's because 40k makes NO GOD DAMN SENSE but we tale that for granted
>>
a 50/50 chance for any given burst of fire is actually not bad, at close range you are guaranteed a hit

considering that a modern day soldier will never actually hit anyone with even a dozen bursts of fire
>>
>>49561908
Wow, you are one hell of a stupid faggot.
Your answer is in the wiki, and this discussion has just been going through the same circles of "people who don't have a clue about the lore talking about shit they don't know."

This thread is an embarrassment, and OP? You are a retard.
>>
>>49561937
>>49561962
See? Same answers that have already been delivered ten times already, and they're still just as stupid.

Four seconds on the wiki would cure you of being so dumb.
>>
>>49561977
Says the fag bumping the thread instead of quietly saging like a good shitposter.

>>49561962
>a 50/50 chance for any given burst of fire is actually not bad, at close range you are guaranteed a hit

That's actually a fairly solid answer. It doesn't explain why guardsmen would be just as accurate with plasma, solid, bolt and las weaponry, but it's still a great answer.
>>
>>49562024
No, it's a retarded answer, and you yourself explained why it's retarded.
>>
>>49562024
short answer: modelling different BS for different weapons you re holding is a big hassle

slightly longer answer: guardsmen are rigorously trained and are usually taken from the best of the PDF, they would be considered par excellence if facing modern day equivalents, this top of the line training means that the decrease in accuracy from switching from las to plas isnt big enough to justify book keeping
>>
>>49562077
Your answer is getting dumber and more convoluted.

This is like a low point in discussion.
>>
>>49562037
read
>>49562077

Your inability to come up with an answer to the questions just points at your lack of creativity or problem solving ability, more than anything about the OP.
>>
>>49562099
>hurr durr being well trained with different weapons is a dumb answer
>hurr durr the combat system being an abstracted simplification of a range of factors is a dumb answer
>>
>>49562125
It sounds like you're just fishing for any response, no matter how stupid, pointless, or downright retarded it is.

Kind of why this entire thread is so awful. It's like a special education kindergarten.
>>
>>49553101
Excuse me threads are clogging up our board!
Clearly they need to be moved to their own special board, there are no less then 20 threads at all times!
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.