[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 24

File: Terminate.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Terminate.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

Decklists:
>http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper

Primers:
>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

FULL Kaladesh spoiler
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/kaladesh

[No banlist changes to any format]
>>
LMAO TARFIRE
>>
I claim this thread in the name of the cutest Hitler
>>
dead thread
dead format
sell your goyfs
play frontier you scrubs
>>
>>49549854
>frontier
Is the most boring pile of shit they've tried yet. Standard + for literal poor people
>>
>>49550128
I think you mean Khans standard with shadows and kaladesh. Aka Khans standard cause the rest pale in power level.
>>
>>49549854
>play frontier you scrubs

At least name it Postmodern you faglords.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-09-16-mardu-superfriends/
How am I looking?
>>
I play Owling Mine and Skred-White because I don't like winning games, I just like making other people lose.

Skred-White has Nahiri, 4x Blood Moon and 4x Anger of the Gods to really make people shit their pants.
>who the fuck runs Anger main
is a question I get asked more often than you'd think.

Owling Mine has dropped all the Owls, and the slots are taken up by Fevered Visions, which in testing churn out more damage more reliably. It means you can't SSG an Owl out t1 any more but that's ok.
>>
>>49551757
>>who the fuck runs Anger main
scapeshift
>>
File: ____skeptical_girl.png (493KB, 481x541px) Image search: [Google]
____skeptical_girl.png
493KB, 481x541px
> playing a solved format with a $1000 entry cost

There's barely any point to brewing for this format because all the tier-1 decks are solidly in place. Half the point of MtG is creative deckbuilding, the gameplay itself is barely fun and a much more enjoyable play experience could be constructed in a non-TCG setup. Therefore customization is half the game. Take away that, and add on a 500 dollar entry cost, and you've got an autistic money sink that provides less for more.
>>
So I'm running the stock spoils Ad Nauseam list with Sleight of Hand replaced with Anticipate. My reasoning is that you can instant speed look for Pact if something game-ending is about to resolve (Scapeshift efc), play around Remand/Mana Leak to some extent, get some value out of K-commanded Prisms and that it digs 1 card deeper. Convince me otherwise.
>>
>>49551802
Just go back to the frontier thread. This is just sad. You clearly don't know the premise of competitive environments.

I'll give you a hint, it's not muh snowflake decks

>playing magic isn't fun
Why should I care what you think then?
>>
>>49551802
>the gameplay is barely fun
Then why play at all?
>>
>>49551802
>solved format
yikes
>>
>>49551802
There can be innovation in existing archetypes.
>>
>>49551869

Is that WotC-speak for "keep buying cards as we make the same sets over and over again"?
>>
>>49551843
>You clearly don't know the premise of competitive environments.

Dumping 1000 bucks into a stack of shitty cardboard and having to go mad learning how to win so you can recoup your investment, is a competitive environment? I mean I guess so, in the same way that a horde of Jews running from an MG42 is a competitive environment.

You do understand most game stores make most of their "money" from Magic, right? So someone's gonna lose money, no matter what. And more likely than not, it's going to be you.

>>49551865

> "Look ma! I found another 3-card combo that might give me a card advantage one in 300 times! See? There's still plenty of design space to explore!"
>>
no shit the thread goes nowhere if people just reply to low tier bait

start with filtering frontier
>>
>>49551998
>investment
There it is again. I'm not investing in anything. I'm throwing my money to the wind for some fun and you can't seem to comprehend it.

We're not all penny pinching floor scrubbers
>>
>>49551998
You're a retard and an obviously butthurt casual. You look like such an idiot when you speak without knowing. Do all of us and yourself a favor and just stop.
>deck building is half the game
Gotta be fucking kidding me.
>>
>>49551998
>Dumping 1000 bucks into a stack of shitty cardboard and having to go mad learning how to win so you can recoup your investment, is a competitive environment? I mean I guess so, in the same way that a horde of Jews running from an MG42 is a competitive environment
Thanks for the laugh. Haven't seen stupidity on this level for a long time
>>
>>49551998
$1000 is a lot of money to some people.
Woah
>>
File: BA.jpg (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BA.jpg
185KB, 600x600px
Worth bording into controll deck?
>>
Hi, what so you think about my Deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cunning-jeskai-sledgehammer/
Any suggestions?
>>
>>49552700
I run one main one side in Esper

It does some things that Path and Verdict can't.
>>
>>49552728
Personally I dislike path due to fact it ramps the opponent.
It's either Bolt or Helix for me.
>>
>>49552700
Yes. Blows out certain decks when they don't see it coming.
>>
>>49552828
Such as? Who gets blown out by this card?
>>
File: 1468765158701.jpg (22KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1468765158701.jpg
22KB, 500x376px
>>49551998
>Is another Frontier is better format shitpostier
If your format is so good why your general is just people shitposting about how other formats are better? Is your general so bad that you have to come here and be the troll? You have your containment thread to brew your shit, go post there. Oh wait nobody actually cares about it and are just complaining. Sure is a more fun format
>>
So what incentives are there for play MTGO? I play 10 bucks to sign up, buy my virtual deck and then just win more virtual cards? I have read that there isn't even a ranking system. Why play MTGO instead of 3rd party?
>>
>>49552925
Infect and suicide zoo and bogles can get blown out potentially.
>>
>>49552989
Pretty much the biggest reason to play mtgo is to play magic whenever you want. As for what it offers over xmage and cockatrice, you get a much larger playerbase, things like drafting and other special events, and I know this sounds like a joke, but your virtual collection is worth something.
>>
>>49553058
>drafting
XMage has that, and I think Cuck does too.
>>
>>49552927
>b-but anon, you're just scared that frontier is going to replace modern. t-this is the direction that wizards is going eventually!

Frontierfags actually believe this.
>>
>>49553024
>Tfw survived an emrakul thanks to Blessed
Card is great as a singleton mainboard, the whole escalate cycle is good imo.
>>
>>49552024
>We're not all penny pinching floor scrubbers

Neither am I. I make 42 dollars an hour. I also don't spend it on stupid-ass shit.

>>49552531

It's a lot of money to spend on cardboard. That's okay, though, magic cards are easy as fuck to steal. I've probably ripped off my FLGS of about 500 bucks so far. That's what they get for putting 2 to 3 dollar cards in open binders.
>>
>>49553354
>$42 an hour
lol
>>
I bought a Necropotence from my LGS once for $6 or so and when I took it out of the sleeve at home, there was a second one. I took it back, of course, and I can't really imagine doing anything else.
>>
>>49553482
It's not like you can run two copies of it.
>>
>>49553354
My dad works at Nintendo
>>
>>49553582
Just making a point.
>>
>>49548687
We should spam Aarón forsythe Twitter asking for unbans the next season. That the format is fine should be an incentive to explore
>>
>>49551757
you should start calling its howling visions if you removed the owls. Also have you tried spiteful visions in the deck for added walker removal?
>>
I was away for the summer and suddenly Abzan Company isn't a deck anymore? What gives? Is it that horribly positioned?
>>
>>49554428
It was only a deck because it could beat eldrazi winter. I never found it that great.

Easily hated out and all it's creatures are easy to kill with the exception of finks. Folds hard to blood moon too.

With the printing of grim flayer, abzan went back to midrange
>>
>>49554428
Too many Grafdigger's Cage around. Literally everyone plays it now that Dredge is a Tier 1 deck.
>>
Is there any reason not to run junk instead of jund if I don't have the kalitases?
>>
>>49551695
You look like an idiot desu ohana
>>
>>49554627
LINGERING SOULS
>>
>>49552709
Bad, move on.
>>
>>49554627
With Bant Eldrazi, Death's Shadow and Titanshift being a good part of the meta Path is much better than Bolt
>>
>>49551695
Bretty good

You should run fewer shocklands, though.
8 fetches
5 shocks
5 basics
1 colorless utility land
4 manlands
1-2 checklands
Would be a better manabase.
>>
>>49554771
Path isn't much better against Titanshift, it actually helps their game plan. Abzan typically runs 4-5 instant speed removal that hits Prime-Time; 4 Paths and either 1 Slaughter Pact or 1 Murderous Cut. Jund usually runs 3-4 instant speed removal that hits Prime-Time; 2-3 Terminate and 1 Slaughter Pact. The matchup really isn't that much better.
>>
>>49552700
yes, it fucks infect hard
it also takes out emmy if you get the chance, super underrated card. I've lost a lot of games because I didn't expect it
>>
>>49552777
I can't imagine you bolting a fucking kalitas, tasigur or grown up tarmo
>>
>>49556395
I love gaining life against infect! Probably better against boggles.
>>
>>49556640
Sacrifice attacking creature is what makes it good
It's removal that gets around all of infect's protection, it trips up players that don't expect it
However if they get smart it can be useless
>>
>>49556640
Just cast it for two against Infect. It beats Vines and Blessing. The Infect player will usually attack with one creature because of Exalted.
>>
>>49556650
>>49556677
Celestial Flare has been in the format for a while and I don't remember it seeing modern play. Is Blessed Alliance better enough for it to see play?
>>
>>49556776
Alliance's other modes are decent enough for it to see play post board
Flare is double white and doesn't really do much, alliance can do alright against burn, infect, and midrange with untap mode. i'd say it's alright in control as a 2-of and maybe a 3-of in DnT
>>
>>49556776

Yeah, it's strictly better than flare since it covers a lot of shit. Plus the infect/boggle chucklefuck will never see it coming.
>>
>>49556868
Not quite. Flare can get rid of blocking creatures.
>>
>>49557227
If you're playing Alliance, chances are you aren't so aggressive that the enemy is block, especially in this meta
>>
eggs is funny as fuck with aetheworks marvel and era of innovation
I don't know why the cucks at gathering magic thought that going for less lotus blooms and reshapes made sense though
>>
>>49558032
All the hits I get are from at least a year ago, can you provide a link to the list or video?
>>
>>49558130
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/carlosgutierrez-09272016-hardboiled/ this came out today, but I made some changes to make it more like the old, busted lists and mine look like pic related
you can really abuse era of innovation with faith's reward since you can stack the triggers so that when it comes into play with all your artifacts you sac a lotus bloom to pay for 3 of the ETB effects and essentially get a free draw 3 and it feels absolutely nuts
>>
>>49558154
Oh, I hadn't noticed that you need to pay for Era's energy, that makes it substantially worse than I thought but it still looks promising. I'll give it a read tomorrow, gracias amigo.
>>
>>49552470
Goddamn is /tg/ bad at Magic.
>>
>>49558321
I've been tweaking it, you can go off as early as turn 3 with great luck but the flaw of the deck is sometimes you get really bad hands
I also threw in some mox opals over codex shredder, marvel, and a KCI, and turned the citadels into islands
>>
Should I include 1 r/w fastland in my boros burn deck?
>>
>>49551802
Exactly this.

Modern is quite fucking litteraly a bunch of 14-45 year old autistic rejects who are delusional to the point of spending 500- 1000$ on 75 MOTHERFUCKING PIECES OF CARDBOARD... PER. DECK. And then dick battling with said 1000$ cardboard and implying that anyone who spent 100$ on their deck is wasting thier money and time and then proceed to rip those same players off for anything remotely valuable they might have.

Like honestly that money could buy a new hd tv downpayment on house or car bus pass for a year.
Food to last 3 entire months. A few ounces of weed.
A month of drinking at the bar. Home improvements. A new apartment.

Fucking anything and you faggots chose to waste your money on THIS. A bunch of fucking card board that people like alpha investments purposefully buys out EVERYTHING he can get his hands on just so you will have to pay double or triple in the future.

What the fuck is wrong with you??
Humanity really can't be this fucking stupid can it?

Fuck this shit game and its shitty community.
>>
>>49558464
u mad white boi?
>>
>>49558464
>stop liking what I don't like!!! REEE
>>
>>49558464
For what it matters I wholly agree with you. I enjoy the game but hate it for all the reasons you listed.

The only way I justify such ridiculous spending behavior is friends. This is something I can enjoy with my friends. I think it's stupid as fuck but I'm not poor and I'm happy to have something in common to do with people I enjoy the company of.

To be honest, I'd rather just sit at home put some meat in the smoker at noon and have everyone around for a barbeque and beer for the price of a Scalding Tarn and bullshit until midnight. But the thing is that people want to do things and be excited about doing things.

So I buy into this stupid fucking game that I used to enjoy. Because it brings us together.

I'm not particularly thrilled about making friends from the people I meet in Magic, they're pretty much 95% scum as you've said. Their priorities in life are broken simply because they're playing this game outside their financial means.
>>
what is the best version of elves?
>>
File: bait.jpg (395KB, 817x598px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
395KB, 817x598px
>>49558464
>>
>>49558682
As an Esper player I fear Gb with Shaman the most, but the white splash might give you better sideboard options against this crazy format.
>>
Why is Burn always good but not great?
>>
>>49558903
Because it's good but bit great
>>
>>49558903

because burn is literally "each card directly converted to an efficient unconditional mana to damage ratio" and that has to be balanced to be not overwhelmingly strong because its easy to play and hard to answer. its a standard point that many cards are balanced around. for example, atarka's command can give you like 6 damage for 1 card as long as you have dudes, but that's a caveat that zoo manages to get around by running efficient dudes.

basically, being usually uninteractive (unless absolutely necessary) non-combo kill, it's the standard to compare great and not so great decks to for speed or interaction.
>>
>>49558462
There's almost no reason in Boros burn to not run multiple fast lands

I'd try maybe a 2/3 split between sacred foundry and the fast land
>>
tfw getting a dank 50 damage banefire off with eggs on turn 4 against jund
>why no pyrite spellbomb
im too fucking lazy to go through those motions
>>
>>49558860
esper control?
>>
>>49553931
>>>49551998
Sylvan Primordial did nothing wrong.
>>
how does new Thalia do in death and taxes?
>>
>>49559023
Yep.

You want a list, or something?
>>
>>49559308
Oh God no.
>>
>>49559308
sure
>>
File: dlvQGAh.png (30KB, 449x589px) Image search: [Google]
dlvQGAh.png
30KB, 449x589px
behold, the ultimate meme deck

I must play it
>>
>>49549854
poorfag detected

maybe get a good job and pay for what you like
>>
>>49551802
A real money sink would be a format where your cards become worthless IE standard.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>49553354
You sound like a broke bitch. If you like playing magic than you have to understand the secondary market is part of it and the game is run by supply and demand, like EVERYTHING in the world. Fucking poorfags, man. Gotta try and ruin everything.
>>
>>49559360
3 Snapcaster Mage
1 Vendilion Clique

4 Path to Exile
3 Spell Snare
4 Think Twice
2 Logic Knot
1 Negate
1 Blessed Alliance
4 Esper Charm
4 Cryptic Command
2 Sphinx's Revelation
2 Secure the Wastes

3 Supreme Verdict

4 Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Watery Grave
3 Island
2 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 Mystic Gate
2 Ghost Quarter

SB:
2 Engineered Explosives
2 Thoughtseize
2 Extirpate
1 Duress
1 Dispel
1 Negate
1 Blessed Alliance
1 Anguished Unmaking
1 Wrath of God
2 Baneslayer Angel
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
>>
>tfw I want to play jund but no $2000 of disposable income
>>
>>49558464
>14-45 year old
that's a pretty specific range, do people turn 46 and just immediately sell all their modern decks?
>>
Is there something about to signifigantly change in Moderen next Friday that people would rather play it than Standard decks that are about to cycle out? And yes, I'm talking about people who have Standard decks.
>>
>>49559758
People who sold their standard decks before they hit rock bottom maybe?
>>
>>49559720
Yes. It's the law.
>>
I have a rulings question:

I have Maosoleum Wanderer and Anafenza spirit in play and 2 mana up. Opponent plays Scapeshift and leaves two mana up. In response I cast Rattlechains, triggering MW ability and Anafenza and bolstering MW, which now has a PT of 3/3. Can I hold priority after the triggers resolves so I can sacrifice MW to counter Scapeshift?
>>
>>49559758
What
>>
>>49559924
No, but you don't need to. Once all the triggers resolve the scapeshift player gets priority, then once they pass you will get priority and can sac the wanderer before scapeshift resolves.
>>
>>49559426

>all these creatures
>access to the green mana
>no collected company

What is this clusterfuck?
>>
>>49559964
But I thought that if they got priority back after I respond to their spell then their spell resolved immidiately right after?
>>
>>49559974
It's a pure beatdown deck

It doesn't wasn't company at all
>>
>>49559992
*want
>>
>>49559989
The top spell/ability on the stack resolves when all players pass without casting a spell or activating an ability. So you cast rattlechains, you pass, they pass, rattlechains resolves, you put your triggers on the stack, they get priority, they pass, you pass, first trigger resolves, they get priority, etc for all the triggers. Then with just scapeshift left on the stack, they get priority, they pass, you sac the wanderer.
>>
>>49558903
Because it's a combo deck, easy to hate.
>>
I was thinking of making a mardu controll and I have couple of questions.

Is Eldritch Moon Lilly good for a win con? Or should I maybe opt for late game IE. that 6 mana Sorin?

Ruinous Path or Anguish Unmaking?

And as of card advantage, read the bones, phyrrexian arena or something else? Was thinking of also testing the deck with two Kothophed, Soul Hoarder since he's a decent clock and gives card advantage.
>>
>>49560504
Dark Confidant
Lightning Bolt
Lightning Helix
Lingering Souls
Liliana of the Veil
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
Terminate
Path to Exile
Thoughtseize
Inquisition of Kozilek

those cards are all a good start
>>
>>49560650
>>49560504
Mardu tokens is pretty solid. Phyrexian arena over bob as it dies to less removal and won't kill you.

New lili is ok but I don't think she'll make a good win con.
>>
>>49558464
Kill yourself
>>
Hi, what so you think about my Deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cunning-jeskai-sledgehammer/
Is there no one with any suggestions? -_-
>>
Is running Gitaxian Probe in any controll deck worth it or maybe I should skip it?
>>
>>49551802
I agree with you. The tier 1 decks are established and susceptible to bans. Tier two decks are worth playing. The rest are piles of shit.

The solution to this is to play Legacy using proxies
>>
>>49558903
>Most enemies start at 15 health due to fetching shocks
>Your spells do an average of 3+ damage each
>Resolve 5 spells
>????
>PROFIT
Burn in modern is great. I've borrowed a naya burn deck at FNM and went 2-1. Some friend went 3-1. Neither of us had played the deck before.
>>
>>49559682
Buy chinamen fakes
>B-but i don't want to
Then fucking kill yourself
>>
>>49561024
It can be good against other control decks to see if they have counterspells before casting your threat.
>>
File: 1264005978294.jpg (13KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1264005978294.jpg
13KB, 375x360px
>>49560797
>Phyrexian arena
>modern
>>
>>49561409

Oh wait, never mind me. I suck cocks.
>>
File: 1395959946392.jpg (174KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1395959946392.jpg
174KB, 720x540px
>>49551802
>>49558464
>tfw these two are absolutely right and the only argument people have is "P-Poorfag"
>>
>>49561417
>>49561417
Did you think I meant that piece of shit obliterator?

Through testing I have found arena to be more effective than bob. Doesn't die to 1+ damage removal. Can't drastically drop your health in 3 turns.
>>
>>49561625
>Through testing I have found arena to be more effective than bob
Effective at what exactly?
>>
>>49561550
Yup. Sell out while you can. I am. My friends have. They've each sold out several thousand of modern and edh staples.
Now is the perfect time, of you got in before the bubble than your cards are worth enough that selling out makes you money
>>
>>49560014
This cleared a lot of doubts I had about the stack in general. Thanks anon.
>>
>>49561978
That post was more about priority than the stack. There are 4 simple rules about priority you need to know to understand it:

1. A player may only cast a spell or activate an ability when they have "priorty"
2. Whenever a spell or ability resolves, the active player (whose turn it is) recieves priority
3. Whenever a player casts a spell or activates an ability, they retain priority
4. If both players pass priorty in succession, the spell or ability on top of the stack resolves. If the stack is empty, the game moves to the next phase

Honestly that's literally all there is to priority. It's just a logical way of stopping people going "NU UH I BOLTED YOUR LILLY BEFORE YOU ACTIVATED IT".
>>
File: Confused-Doctor.jpg (25KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
Confused-Doctor.jpg
25KB, 800x532px
>>49558464
>have money to spend
>enjoy thing
>buy thing to enjoy it

Do you have autism?
>>
>>49562040
>4. If both players pass priorty in succession, the spell or ability on top of the stack resolves. If the stack is empty, the game moves to the next phase
Maybe it's cause I'm sleep deprived but that seems off. Wouldn't it mean you can only cast one creature in your main phase before combat
>>
>>49562170
Yeah it's because you're sleep deprived. I meant that if the stack is empty while both players pass priority, then the game changes phase.

This is why old templating like "During your upkeep" became redundant.
>>
>>49561881
Yes, clearly after all this time modern is just right now about to crash. Probably tomorrow and you are just a genius for cashing out.
>>
>>49562170
He means 'if both players pass while the stack is empty' it moves to the next phase
>>
>>49562202
>>49562190
Gotcha, sorry midterm season, I slept for the first time this week (a whole four hours) so I figured I'm misinterpreting it
>>
>>49562201
The crash will come when prices go to 2k+ per modern deck.
90% of the population cant justify paying that much.
>>
File: WP_20160929_002.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160929_002.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
8seas or 4seas?
>>
>>49562749
Have you considered splashing white for Sphinx's Revelation?
>>
>>49562779
?????????????????????????????
>>
>>49562779
They are already splashing white with all those hideous white border cards.
>>
>>49562717
There is no amount of money to crash the market. Wizards will finagle with market forces as it always has; the periodic injections into Modern seems to have stabilized the prices at this completely retarded point. It's only when the stores stop supporting Modern for whatever reason or stop buying cards from Modern that the format will die. And there is no end of addicts who will buy up the cards players sell back. My local store buys a set of Cryptics, disappears in less than a day, same with Snapcasters, same with Scapeshift, same with any ZEN fetch, any key card you imagine.

The population CAN justify paying that much. It has lied to itself that building one card at a time is okay to achieve a single deck. The population believes that taking years to construct a single deck is a worthwhile endeavor.

What we have now, this state, is accepted widely by the Modern-playing population and will be accepted by the people coming into the game.

The people who think this situation is retarded, they never started playing, they saw it was stupid and stayed away.

This is by no means a defense of the format. But it is the reality.
>>
>>49562951
>people coming into the game
You mean like no one.
>>
>>49562915
>>white border
>>hideous

Look at this pleb
>>
>>49562970
So long as players can't fucking shut up about cards like Tarmogoyf or Snapcaster Mage enough people will be tempted to play.

There is something about talk about "the most broken shit ever" that presses buttons in peoples' brains.
>>
>>49563098
>Hey guys come play this cheap format HAHA I'LL CAST TARMOGOYF WHAT IS IT YOU SAY? LOL ENJOY LOSING TO MY MONEY
When the most powerful cards are the most expensive, there's always going to be this problem.
>>
>>49563127
That's just what happens when they print powerful cards; they get expensive.

If you don't like it, you can stop playing at any time
>>
>>49562717
Yeah, just like the bubble crashed when legacy hit 2k+, right?
>>
>>49552927

I never said I was into Frontier. So that's that strawman BTFO

>>49551855

I don't, I'm just coming in here to tell you you guys are pathetic for wasting this money on literal gambling that you never get back.

I can play a card game for fucking 10 bucks that is just as fun as Magic.

>>49552470
>You're a retard and an obviously butthurt casual

That doesn't refute any of my arguments.

> You look like such an idiot when you speak without knowing.

With so many (You)s, clearly I do. I didn't even know this would be an inflammatory statement since I figured modern players might actually be self-aware. I guess not.

>>49558464

This.

>>49558903
>>49558959

See this is the only discussion left to have, some sort of shitty meta discussion where "it's sorta good but a bit great" bullshit from a game that has nothing left to explore, besides recycling the same old shit discussion over and over again.

That is Modern MTG.

>>49559440

Yep, that'd be even more of a money sink. Modern is better than Standard but Modern is still a heap of shit money sink.

>>49559526

> broke bitch because I don't want to waste my money on stupid shit

Actually it's more the other way around. See I can afford an expensive hobby, most people can, that's why you see 45 year old men with boats. But see, they have a boat, and you have a bunch of cardboard. Who's winning now?

> Gotta try and ruin everything.

Not really, that'd be like pissing on a pile of shit.

>>49559792
I wish.

>>49561235
The solution is to stop playing Magic entirely and play games meant for the age range of this board (18+).
>>
>>49563127
tarm sees play in about 2 different decks now, it's not even that strong
>>49563192
>I can play a card game for fucking 10 bucks that is just as fun as Magic.
don't forget to eat some fruit just as delicious as grapes while playing
>>
>>49563017
what are you even talking about? wb has never been a desirable trait outside of obscene vintage pimps running summer duals that cost more than p9
>>
>>49563127
2000+$ Jund deck literally scoops free to 120$ UTron
>>
File: Wrath of God.full.jpg (116KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Wrath of God.full.jpg
116KB, 480x680px
>>49563257
Except some cards objectively look better wb than bb
>>
File: Plains_C_card_from_7th_Edition.jpg (257KB, 586x750px) Image search: [Google]
Plains_C_card_from_7th_Edition.jpg
257KB, 586x750px
>>49563257
white bordered plains are an aesthetic experience
just look at the way the white border accentuates the color gradient across the artwork
>>
File: 1466546140494.png (1MB, 778x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1466546140494.png
1MB, 778x1064px
>>49563192
Are you autistic? Cause you're acting autistic. Here's a quick pro tip buckaroo. If you don't act like a fucking retard, people won't treat you like one! I hope this helps!
>>
>>49563449
There is really nothing he said that was particularly factually wrong though it was delivered abrasively. Whereas you've not addressed any of his counterpoints and just went straight to an ad hominem attack and saying nothing of substance.

Doesn't look great for you man. And that's just being honest.
>>
>>49563192
>18+
>playing games
Whatever you fucking manbaby
>>
>>49563430
Avon lands is cheating though
>>
>>49554807
You sir, know how to mana base
> not being sarcastic
>>
>>49563383
that's just wrong though

>>49563430
but it makes the deck as a whole look worse. it's about the overall aesthetic. full bb or gg nub
>>
>Keked hard
>>
>>49563494
I didn't say he was wrong, I said he was acting like an autistic child. He's coming on here and flaming people because they're enjoying something that he doesnt enjoy. That's pretty autistic oniifam.
>>
>No GP Charlotte for 2017

what happened?
>>
>>49563880

The format has died.
>>
>>49563880
P sure Wotc is just boycotting the state for PR reasons
>>
>>49564400

Because of some Religious "Freedom" law or because of armed black men being shot by Police?
>>
>>49564549
religious freedom law
>>
File: 1459100267495.png (92KB, 503x257px) Image search: [Google]
1459100267495.png
92KB, 503x257px
>>49563192
>I hate mtg players so i waste my time yelling in a mtg board how shit you are for waste your time playing
The most intelligent man i have seen. anyway nice job triggerin autists 7/10 made me reply
>>
What do you guys think about the metagame for the upcoming MOCS Monthly?
>>
>>49563192
What is it with you poor people?

Why is everything an investment or every penny you spend is wasted if you don't get it back?
Why is the concept of disposable income so damn foreign to you?

I feel sorry you're burdened by labels and restrictions of age and what someone tells you is mature. Think for yourself for once.

Just because you're miserable, doesn't mean we are.

>b.. But I'm n...not sad

Coming into a thread for a game you have no interest in and spewing vitriol seems to indicate otherwise.
>>
File: 1450835535045.png (285KB, 610x481px) Image search: [Google]
1450835535045.png
285KB, 610x481px
Ive been eyeing mtg more and more recently and am considering buying into modern. It will likely be MTGO because the closest game store is over an hour away and its in a college town that is dead during the summer. From looking around and seeing videos its apparent that aggro is very dominant in this format but just how badly is control behind? Something like a flash jeskai deck looks like tons of fun to play
>>
>>49565467

>tfw that one retard travelling between threads never that never stops his ramble about poor people

If you're poor and want to play just buy chinaman's.

If you can afford it just play it.

If any of you anons consider this game as an "investment" (no matter if you're poor or not) then you're a retard and you should off yourself, because you have a slave mentality.

To all of you - It's a hobby, you burn your money for fun. Some people spend cash on coke and whores, other people donate for charity, and for some reason you spend your money on overpriced pieces of cardboard. If you want to play and can't afford it just order fake ones. If you can't even afford fakes then play on some shitty online client like xmage.
>>
>>49565837
Wow. Fucking lol. Try reading again. Your comprehension is abysmal

>charity
>good way to spend your money
Give me a break.
>>
>>49565865

No better than wasting your cash on cardboard. And it wasn't just a reply for you, you dumb autist, but to all the faggots being busy spewing shit about financial aspect of this game.

At least shut the fuck up with "poor people" because I'm tired of reading it.
>>
>>49565823
Your going to lose a lot of games because your opponents threats are going to be more efficient than your answers but control isnt unplayable by any means. I HIGHLY suggest trying out pauper before buying into a competitive format, especially if you have never played the game before and doubly especially if you are buying virtual cards that have no tangible value and can be a pain to cash out.
>>
>>49565921
>because I'm tired of reading it
Boo hoo

>giving your money to someone who pretends to support a cause is better than a hobby

Why are you so fixated on the material we use for our hobby. You're obviously underage or just retarded. Hurrr just do cocaine instead
>>
>>49565823
There isn't a terribly large selection of viable control decks at the moment, although different tier 2 or even 2.5 decks can perform well in the right metas.
Right now the consensus seems to be that the Jeskai Nahiri deck is the control deck of choice, so you could give that a shot IMO it's a fun challenging deck to pilot.
Otherwise you could look into something like blue tron or grixis control, which are also good
>>
HIGH VALUE JAPANESE GOBURIN
>>
File: GoblinGuide.jpg (42KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
GoblinGuide.jpg
42KB, 223x311px
>>49566029

forgot my picture
>>
>>49565921
Bruh, poor people are garbage.
>>
>>49566046

>lower middle class hanging onto mtg to entertain himself
>shitting on poor people who are trying to hang onto mtg to entertain themselves

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT YOU DONT DESERVE IT

REPEAT AFTER ME

POORFAGS DONT DESERVE PLAYING CARDS
>>
>>49566073
Bruh, you seem agitated. All this projecting too.
>>
>>49566073
Just go collect your welfare check and fuck off.
>>
>>49566129

Epic win, richfag.
>>
>>49565951

>Why are you so fixated on the material we use for our hobby.

Because that's what it is: cardboard, overpriced cardboard. Go and play some esper draw-go.
>>
>>49566347
>Go and play some esper draw-go
Woah what a burn

And cars are overpriced metal
And cigarettes are overpriced poison
And I'm sure your patrician hobby can be broken down into simplest terms too.

Just stop
>>
File: 1270396188306.png (38KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
1270396188306.png
38KB, 348x348px
>>49566379

>And cars are overpriced metal
>>
What's with all the butthurt poorfags shitting up the threads since that frontier thing got posted?
>>
>>49566419
Yea that car totally cost it's retail price to make it
>>
>>49566433

It's just one retard triggering like 2-3 poorfags (who for whatever bumfuck reason are hanging out here despite not playing modern).

I have a hunch the rustlemaster here is the same person who shitposted a few months ago with the superfriends list.
>>
>>49566379
I hate to a nigger here, that overpriced metal is a necessity nowadays. A purchase like that is perfectly justified.
>>49566495
I wouldn't know, it's bad enough the anti-competition laws keep the prices where the dealerships want them.
>>
>>49549234
That isn't Urza
>>
>>49566522
Yes but people collect cars
>>
>>49566634
You got me there, Anon.
>>
>>49561881
Funny, because while you sit here pretending that the game is falling no prices are dropping enough (or at all) to indicate heavy movement in the market. IE you're an idiot and you're full of shit, the game is still growing and your shilling isn't doing shit.
>>
>>49563192
>Yep, that'd be even more of a money sink. Modern is better than Standard but Modern is still a heap of shit money sink.

Not really. As long as you aren't stupid and resell your cards to shops at 60% value you can easily sell them yourself on TCGplayer or Ebay and recoup at least 75-80% of what your originally spent.

>Actually it's more the other way around. See I can afford an expensive hobby, most people can, that's why you see 45 year old men with boats. But see, they have a boat, and you have a bunch of cardboard. Who's winning now?

No one is "winning" because in the end all that matters is what you enjoy doing. If boating is what you like, a boat is worth it to you. If playing modern is what you like then buying the cards and playing is worth it to you. To act like one is better than the other shows how fucking stupid you are, when it's subjective and up to individual opinion. You are retarded.
>>
>>49563127
>doesn't understand supply and demand
>>
>>49566962
not him but

>implying a positive shift in supply doesn't decrease prices
>implying wotc can't print more goyfs

in all honesty they should've printed goyf in SOI. it went along the graveyard theme and it was a future sight card
>>
>>49566910
I personally think buying into this game with the intent of selling your cards later is the wrong way to approach this game.

You spend money and it's a sunk cost - like a movie; you shouldn't treat it as something you're going to claw back cash for.

I've seen people treat their cards like cash, and it's fucked up. They go to events with no cash assuming they can sell some cards for the return bus fare. And sometimes, they don't sell the cards and have to fucking find some means to get back home. Some people go to events and pay for their carpool and shared hotel room in cards.

Some guys bum rides to events in the next city assuming they can bum a ride back. I was shocked when some people from my store asked if they could have a ride back to our city and I was like, "How the fuck did you get here?"

No, your cards should be treated as worthless the moment you buy them. It's not true but it's good discipline.
>>
>>49567053
That would never happen and you know why. If wizards printed a super high dollar card like Goyf in a standard legal set then no shop has incentive to sell sealed product since it would be more profitable to crack boxes for singles instead.
>>
>>49567091
agreed. i find it weird that some people get into hobbies with the intent to monetize it.

i have a few hobbies/side projects that I can and do occasionally monetize or barter (small electronics repair, knife sharpening, homebrewing) but I don't rely on them for money like a day job. just wouldn't work for me.

and especially in the examples you listed, that's dangerously short-sighted to operate without a plan for travel. there are so many factors that could torpedo such a flimsy plan and then then you are subject to the mercies of strangers.
>>
>>49567091
>No, your cards should be treated as worthless the moment you buy them.
Then only a fool would play constructed.
>>
>>49567091
>I personally think buying into this game with the intent of selling your cards later is the wrong way to approach this game.

It isn't intent, retard. It's just an option. In a game where older cards had smaller print runs, the best and most wanted cards are going to be pricier, therefore it is your fiduciary responsibility to be smart in how you buy cards and play the game.

For people who talk about hobbies being "sunk costs" you poorfags sure cry a lot about these cards being too expensive.
>>
>>49551757
Post Mine list please.
>>
File: 1440071364872.png (193KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1440071364872.png
193KB, 680x680px
>IT'S JUST A CARD GAME
>HOBBIES SHOULD BE A SUNKEN COST
>I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO SINK THOUGH
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49567334
What are you trying to convey?
>>
>>49567334
Just buy proxies and be kind enough to not trade them.

If you aren't taking your deck to a big tourney, then it doesn't matter if you buy proxies as long as you aren't trading them for actual cards
>>
>>49567399
>run Creakwood Liege
>nobody has tokens he makes
>proxy them

I feel bad about even proxying tokens.
>>
>>49567446
But why oniichan?
>>
>>49567137
it depends how good goyf would be in standard. it might not even be playable. but still, their policy of not reprinting an eternal staple like goyf in sets with unlimited print runs like conspiracy because they don't want to upset collectors is bullshit
>>
How the fuck do I play Grixis Delver.

I cant seem for the life of me to even pull off marginally good results. It just feels like what everyone else is doing is way more powerful than what I'm doing
>>
>>49567944
Just keep practicing. Delver decks are very skill intensive
>>
>>49567944
Delver shells always take a lot of practice.

That's why people who are good with the deck love it; because you're rewarded a lot more for good plays than any other deck
>>
>>49567576
As long as they print the cards with different or superior art reprinting large amounts of modern staples would only marginally affect the prices of current supply and drive the price of foils through the roof due to hugely increasing the player base.
>>
>>49567944
Youre probably playing aga o nst aggro decks. Delver is bad against agro, which is why delver decks have morphed into midrange decks lately.
>>
>>49567576
You're right, that's what the reserved list is for
If they're going to be cunts about not reprinting stuff, even stuff not on the reserved list, they can go fuck themselves
>>
>Watching a modern tournament at my FLGS
>Everyone else in the round is finished besides one table
>Control-Control matchup
>They take another 10 minutes to finish and BEGIN their second game.
>Owner comes over and tells them they have fifteen minutes per game before he declares disqualifications.
>One immediately concedes and leaves the store in a big huff complaining about how magic is supposed to be played.
>Placed 7th/15
>>
>>49568144
>>49568086
>>49568391
Ive played against every type of deck I cant seem to pull out wins. I've only ever beat RG Tron and Affinity because the dude was playing like a retard. All my other games have been against jund, affinity, infect, burn, breach and abzan and even some shitty terrible brews and each time the deck feels underperforming
>>
>>49568477
>>Owner comes over and tells them they have fifteen minutes per game before he declares disqualifications.
what the fuck
>>
>>49568477
>it's an everyone involved in the greentext is a jackass episode
>>
>>49568391
Delver struggles against midrange. Aggro, combo and control are pretty easy
>>
>>49567576
>it depends how good goyf would be in standard
no it doesn't, because it's so fucking good in modern that it's price would still be high as fuck, meaning it'd be smarter just to crack boxes
>>
>>49568477
If this story is even real your LGS owner is a fucking idiot. Has he not heard of going to time?
>>
>>49567446

Imagine this: all the custom tokens, those people use to bling-bling their deck are nothing more but... proxies.
>>
>>49568477

>two UWx retards ruin the fun for everyone

Who could expect?
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 680x964px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 680x964px
>everyone complaining about the price of modern
>Tfw I remember getting into the game and being mad about paying more than a dollar for cards in standard
>Tfw I got a job and suddenly I have 6 modern decks

So how many of you guys are jobless
>>
>>49568648
>what are khans of tarkir fetches
>>
What would the response be if tarmogoyf was printed at uncommon in a standard set and no spoilers were given about it?c
>>
>>49569247
Not $150-200

What are you implying?
>>
>>49569278
It would sell absurdly well
It would also kill draft so they wouldn't do it bc muh pro tour
>>
>>49569207
>heart pupils
sauce?
>>
>>49569295
onslaught fetches were more than $50 dollars and dropped to $10 when khans was released. literally every multicolored deck in every eternal format wants to run fetches. goyf is popular but only in grindy green decks and its so expensive because it was printed in a set that wasn't printed a lot and other limited print run sets.
>>
>>49569400
plus onslaught fetches weren't even modern legal just before they were reprinted and were already crazy expensive
>>
>>49569400
>$50 is the same as $150
>>
>>49569619
>this is what i think the poster was saying
>i'm literally retarded
>>
File: 1473904618022.png (153KB, 407x454px) Image search: [Google]
1473904618022.png
153KB, 407x454px
>>49569330
its a boy you don't want that
>>
File: needless.png (374KB, 699x492px) Image search: [Google]
needless.png
374KB, 699x492px
>>49570435
>>
>>49562749
Grimer you cheeky boi
>>
>>49569247
>still pricy
>printed at rare
>goyf will never be less than mythic

you are retarded
>>
>>49571661
khans fetches are expensive to you? i think you need a new hobby senpai
>>
>>49562749
Nice English Aether Vials you filthy casual.
>>
>>49562749
I have 4 German vials if you're looking for a trade :^)
>>
>>49568498
It is true that Delver has a high skill ceiling to success.

However, there's a difference between Modern Delver and Legacy Delver in how they build tempo to win the game.

Modern Delver can only react to threats. Drop a threat and protect it. Or react to all your opponent's threats and put out your own and hope that the card advantage from Snapcaster and the mana advantage from your Delve guys get you there. The deck in both formats are essentially just a bunch of Time Walks but in Modern you can typically only do a threat or a Time Walk at a time initially and start crushing when you can do both.

Legacy Delver is not only reactive, it's also be proactive. It can both drop a threat and have the means to protect it through Force/Daze or it can drop a threat and Waste their lands. Your Time Walks can be performed at the same time you establish your threats, giving you 1-2 key turns to get in damage while their legs are broken.

Furthermore, the Modern environment is just more hostile to creatures so there is a greater frequency that your deck is just going to get blown out because there are more decks running more removal than in a Legacy environment.

I enjoy Delver very much. It's been a long time since Thresh was relevant and Delver brought back the play style and adds good variety to Modern and when it was in Standard.
>>
>>49567091
So does this mean my hobby of playing buying and selling magic is wrong? I love playing magic, but I also love buying and selling stuff. Magic, as a hobby, allows that. I only started playing 1 year ago, and already sold many Modern deck. Since I played smart, built always popular not very expensive decks, I ended always getting a bit of profit in each sale, profit which I ended up using to build an improved deck (both in quality and/or personal enjoyment). Currently I have got both Merfolks and Baby eldrazi, and only wasted a total of 600€ (directly from my wallet), earning the difference by investing. Very few hobbies allow this to happen, in the end I can say that MTG can be both a hobby and an investment (hobby-like).
>>
looks surprisingly good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TePiXSMjfbc
>>
Why is Jund just the most fun deck to play?

Holds it's own against nearly every deck in the format (except Tron), can shift gameplans at will, has a cardpool to cover anything, and has a high skill ceiling to always let you improve.
>>
>>49569619
its obvious that you don't understand basic supply and demand. even if goyf was printed as a mythic the prices would be driven down given that there is not as much demand for eternal format cards as there is for standard ones (just look at the drop of flip jace). you'd need a massive influx of new players that create a demand shift big enough for the price of goyf not to drop.
>>
>>49572884
The gall you have to make a statement like this. Look at the price history of tarmogoyf when it was reprinted.
>>
>>49572851
>high skill ceiling
If you're a mouth breather. The fact that all your threats and answers are so simple makes decisions incredibly obvious and easy.

Midrange was a mistake
>>
>>49572943
>limited print run
>>
>>49572884
Yea but flip jace is kinda bad. It just took everyone awhile to realize
>>
>>49572966
Then why doesn't Jund always top or win every event, yet supposedly less linear decks like Affinity and Infect do?
>>
>>49573004
I don't know. Probably because you're making things up?
>>
>>49572851
because it creates the illusion of very skilled decision making when you are really playing the best cards in jund colors and start beating them in the face turn 3 with $200 dollar bills

don't get me wrong. i'd play the shit out of that deck if I could afford it
>>
>>49572598
There's nothing wrong about enjoying what you're doing. And I understand it's difficult to do more efficient investment trading like in stocks if you're not interesting in the product like with Magic cards.

The thing is, I feel the whole obsession of buying and selling for profit aspect of Magic is terrible for the community. And I'm talking about the extreme bad behavior like people treating these cards like money (they essentially are) like trading cards for entry fees because they don't actually have money because they irresponsibly bought cards. And on top of that I see people complaining about financial issues yet here we are enjoying this luxury product. I'm disappointed in seeing people balk over imbalances in trades over a mere dollar. It's just undignified behavior and I am just repulsed by it; I'm here to enjoy myself and I can't help but feel sorry for these sad sacks at Magic as they bitch and moan about value. People complain about entry fees, they complain about prize payouts, they complain about every little fucking injustice in the world like someone is screwing them out of a few dollars like they're the only people in this world. I mean that shit would not fly anywhere else in the world. And I'm not talking about your behavior in particular, only that those who take that behavior to excesses seem to be rampant in this game.

I just want to play the game. I want to trade for cards or buy cards or just give away cards and play the game. I don't want to hear a fucking story about how you traded away a card for much less than it is worth now.

I want to go to my store, drop my $15 and draft but I can't because $15 is too much to ask of Magic players. I don't want to do it online because motherfuckers double-queue and waste my time. I want to see a higher concentration of people being charitable and giving away cards instead of being miserly hoarders who think every junk-rare is like a precious nickle worth your time to be saved.
>>
>>49572994
doesn't matter, it was a standard powerhouse. every deck that could run blue ran blue because of jace. standard drives prices up like a motherfucker for new cards, eternal formats not so much
>>
>>49572851
>deck immediately wants to enter topdeck mode
>skill
Kek
>>
>>49573022
literally the only people who complain about prices are children and neets. almost all of the people at my lgs have stable income and good finances and never bitch about the game. you've had bad experiences friend.
>>
>tfw stable meta means it's easier to brew because it's easier to assess threats
thanks for no changes wizards
>>
>>49573087
Maybe you're right and the stores in my area are just full of shitty people.

I played for a week in Seattle and it felt like I was playing with grownups and professionals. Microsoft and Amazon employees. Perhaps it is like that in all big cities.
>>
>>49573207
I played at the most famous store in my state and everyone was 30+ and played with foreign foil Jund and Twin decks, every single person there was competitive. Even the poorest people were playing 400 dollar decks. They were still spergs but it was great
>>
>>49573207
Every time I go into fnm with jund, I always am faced with people's jank home brews and people who bring their standard decks that wanted to play in the free tournament.

Needless to say, I've won a lot of fnms
>>
>>49571694
No, my point is that they aren't expensive, but they aren't restricted in supply like Goyf would be because they are rares, meaning goyf would still be worth quite a bit. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>49550128
rhinos begone
>>
>>49572073
>>49571812
Yeah, a recent deal for a playset of japanese ones recently fell through, bite me. German isn't really my cup of tea though.

>>49571216
I use Grimer tokens for almost everything. It just fits.
>>
>>49573022
>I'm disappointed in seeing people balk over imbalances in trades over a mere dollar.

Shit son, that's pretty extreme.
>>
>>49567576
the only reason goyf would ever be bad in standard is if only combo decks were viable, he's not even a bad threat for a control deck, lets you hold up counter magic and kill in 4-5 hits on average
>>
>>49575226
You vastly overestimate gofy. In standard it's the same level as grim flayer, which isn't even crazy good.
>>
>>49575226
Goyf is too good. Do any of your lands tap for green? Slam him in there.
Playing against jund, I use up 8 forms of removal, sneaky combat tricks and they still win when they play that third or fourth goyf. Late game he is disgusting. Totally balanced card
>>
>>49561336
sauce on this
>>
>>49575908
Reddit bootlegmtg
>>
>>49573004
Affinity has the largest decisiont trees out of all the decks in Modern, granted all of them revolve around combat damage.
>>
>>49562749
The non-cantripping "LD" whatever its name was is just bad, play Dismembers and Kiras instead.
>>
>>49576585
Sea's Claim
>>
>>49575386
>Goyf is too good

depends on the card pool. play a format without fetches or early interaction and he is just mediocre.
>>
Just picked up rug delver. Deck is fun as fuck but is going to take an eternity to master.

Is delver easier in legacy because of land hate and better free spells?
Just curious
>>
>>49577531
sort of?
You're also a lot more likely to outright lose on the spot due to one misplay in legacy.
Delver decks are my shit though, definitely the most fun you can have in magic aside from legacy DnT imo
>>
>>49577531
The only luxuries you get in legacy over modern is there are more combo decks to prey on and there just isn't as much removal for creatures
>>
>>49577531
>tfw lost to grixis delver with bant eldrazi
>played 3 delvers on turns 1+2
>turn 3, they all flip
>mulliganed, still no eldrazi land
it was too funny to get angry
>>
>>49577531
See
>>49572237
>>
>>49577531
>tfw rug delver looks fun as hell but have to drop 600+ dollars on misty rainforests and goyfs

I can't help but feel the biggest reason why rug delver isn't tier 2 is because people dont wanna buy goyfs and mistys, and those who have the goyfs just go and play the other goyf decks. I honestly think rug delver is better then grixis delver but thats just me.
>>
File: DSC_0012.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0012.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>49577531
Welcome to the jungle, brother.
>>
Modern is bloated, no cuts in 13 years and to be honest I think its time to cut some fat.

Yeah people are going to cry, but its getting too big for its own good. Too many blocks, too many cards.

Cut it down I say.
>>
>>49578860
Nice points... Oh wait, you're just saying things
>>
>>49578897
Okay im just saying things.

Things that are true.

The format is fucking HUGE Its like a bloated dying whale on the beach going through its last few breaths as a bunch of slack jawed idiots stand around with it saying the format is fine.
>>
>>49578860
I agree. All blue cards removed when?
>>
>>49578937
You're still not making any arguments. Modern hasn't been around for 13 years either.
What your saying is moronic
>>
>>49578995
No it hasn't been around for 13 years, but it has 13 years worth of cards in it.
>>
>>49578860
>>49578937
>modern is dying
What is this meme?
It's one of the most played formats and demand for the staples is continuously increasing
>>
>>49578860
There's such widely varying power levels it's hilarious
Like we get to play with bolt but nobody gets counterspell
>>
>>49578527
HHNNNNG that's nice
>>
>>49579133
Too be honest as a whole magic is dying.

Name a good set in the past few years.
>>
>>49579296
Kaladesh
Khans Block

BFZ is by far the worst in the past few though
>>
>>49579296
RtR
Khans

Stop being a cynical child
>>
>>49579296
Innastrad, RtR, parts of theros, Khan's, kaladesh
>>
>>49578527
>Disrupting Shoal

My nigga

I'm currently building Grixis Delver and just ordered a playset of Disrupting Shoal. Such a sweet card
>>
>>49578860
Damn, you're right! We should also do the same for Legacy! I mean, jesus, every single set AND things like commander precons are legal in it! It's waaaaaay too big!
>>
>>49579320
>>49579322
>>49579535
I thought you guys were better at not replying to obvious bait.
>>
>>49579545
It's insane really. I mean sometimes it's a dead draw but the pros way outweigh the cons.
>can pay for it late game to counter big things
>opponent never knows if you have an answer or not
>people feel comfy on the play and get blown right out
>can actually play your delver and protect it

Modern's FoW. I'd say it's underrated but really only Delver decks seem to have the means to utilize it. Bigger control decks don't want it.
>>
>>49568477
>Thathappened.jpg
>>
>>49580163
I totally get you on the pros of the card. I'm having to start making Modern Grixis Delver after my LGS stopped doing their Legacy nights. (feelsbadman)

Disrupting Shoal is the only free counterspell in Modern and I'm willing to sacrifice to use it, since that's what makes Delver so strong in the first place.

And much agreed, Delver makes the best use out of it.
>>
>>49579043
So? A large amount of cards to make decks out of is a bad thing now?
>>
They will reprint enemy fetches after all the fetchable duals rotate out.

CALLING IT
>>
>>49580729
>onslaught - 2002
>zendikar - 2009
>khans of tarkir - 2014
>expeditions reprint last year

I doubt it. give it at least 3 more years.
>>
Elves seems underrated
>>
>>49569412
i came into modern around ktk and it freaks me out that for most of its life, modern was missing half the fetches

>>49577531
>>49579545
dang i'm about to build delver too, pretty hyped that i finally have a job

>>49580163
>shoal
my lgs owner sometimes runs it in merfolk
>>
>>49581886
>i came into modern around ktk and it freaks me out that for most of its life, modern was missing half the fetches
Enemy color combos have always been strongest in modern so it didn't matter as much as you think
>>
>>49581886
>i came into modern around ktk and it freaks me out that for most of its life, modern was missing half the fetches
>tfw realizing i've been around long enough to see BBE get banned, eggs come and go, twin rule and get culled, temepered steel and geralf messenger in tier 1 decks
feels old man
>>
>>49581746
Why? What a useless post
>>
>>49577531
>Deck is fun as fuck but is going to take an eternity to master
Please, don't give credit where it isn't due. No deck in Modern is either difficult to master, or fun.
>>
>>49583083
Lmao, lighten up. Try playing it before you say shit like that you jaded cunt
>>
>>49562779
Why the fuck would he
>>
>>49582134
>temepered steel and geralf messenger in tier 1 decks

which decks?
>>
>>49583258
>He thinks I haven't played Modern "Delver"
T1 Delver, T2 pray to god that you didn't play a vanilla 1/1 on T1.
>>
>>49583612
(You)
>>
>>49583413
memes
>>
>>49583600
T steel was in ancient affinity builds
Geralf's was back in jund with BBE
>>
Do you think Grim Flayer will drop in price or is he forever Goyf 5-8?
>>
>>49584376
might drop once he's out of standard
he's not as good as goyf
>>
>>49584424
He actually has utility to him
>>
>>49584567
I never said he had any more or less utility, goyf is just good because he costs 1G instead of BG and gets bigger continuously instead of at once
Goyf also tends to get bigger than flayer but you're right, flayer has a lot more utility
>>
>>49584376
Just like everything that has a place in jund, it will stay at at least $10
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.