[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be bad to include whites in a not!Africa setting? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Afrikaner_Commandos2.jpg (260KB, 776x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Afrikaner_Commandos2.jpg
260KB, 776x1014px
Would it be bad to include whites in a not!Africa setting?

I don't know if it'd hurt the local flavor or not

Lots of people were pissed off about the Hobbit film throwing in the odd black extra near Laketown

Can they really be considered "african"? Or would it be like tossing in random samurai in a medieval europe game?
>>
>>49540023
It's only bad if done badly.
>>
>>49540023
Who cares what retards think?
>>
>>49540023
I want to play a hearth of darkness based game.

I'd wear a colonial hat while playing.
>>
>asking /tg/ advice about anything that resembles social tact
You've made a grave mistake.
>>
>>49540023
If you treat them as a faction of high technology imperial invaders, that's going to change the entire setting in ways you may or may not like.

The odd far-ranging trader or adventurer is no big deal.
>>
>>49540023
Hey, if they're starting to make European aristocrats black and asian, why not the other way around? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Put white people everywhere.
>>
>>49540023
What era of NOT! Africa is it? If it's colonial era then why the fuck not?
>>
>>49540134
>hearth of darkness
Sounds firey
>>
>>49540172

This. I steal mercilessly from real life culture, chinky religions and folklore are great for plundering, africans have some awesome monsters and wizards who literally did DBZ battles back in the day but with magic and spiritualism, india has some sick designs for weapons and buildings. So I stole all of it but made everyone white because I want the people in my setting to look like me. Fuck everyone else.
>>
I'd do it the same way I expalin Blacks or Asians in not Europe.

There's a very cosmopolitan city state/area where a lot of people from all over the world can be found, most certainly near a coast.
>>
>>49540023
Depends entirely on what kind of setting feel you're going for.
If you're doing something that's basically supposed to be "pre-Imperial Congo, but with real magic!" then I would say no or as an extreme rarity.
If you're doing what I think of as generic DnD but with an African flavor, where people of all real world ethnicities show up in a vaguely defined historical setting, then I say go for it.
If you're doing something in-between, have them show up as descendants of foreigners or traders in port cities.
>>
>>49540023
Africa had contact with Romans, Greeks and Iberia long before white colonization. So have those Whiteys in your setting be not!Roman soldiers, not!Greek slave traders and not!Iberia mercenaries etc.
>>
>>49540023
>Would it be bad to include whites in a not!Africa setting?
Why? What's the worst that can happen, that you hurt someone's feefees? It's as appropriate as shoehorning in a black guy in medieval Europe: tasteless, but it's done all the time.

>>49541462
>>49541808
This too. Arabs too, if you consider them white.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.