[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do the different factions of Eldar view each other?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

I don't know much about Eldar, so I kind of want to know how they'd interact with one another.

Any inter or intra faction rivalries and grudges?
Alliances?

preconceptions?
>>
>>49528365
For instance, how do Craftworlders see DEldar?
>>
>>49528398
Well, the Dark Eldar once saved a craftworld from destruction by the Tyranids because the Dark Eldar found the Craftworld's angst about how most of their dead were resurrected as constructs because their population was so low hilarious, and the Dark Eldar wanted to prolong their suffering, so there's that.
>>
>>49528507
would craftworlders care if any deldar get killed?
>>
File: 1430411365984.jpg (123KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1430411365984.jpg
123KB, 1000x1500px
>>49528637
Mostly no, they acknowledge and regret the loss of their kindred as any loss of their kind brings the 40k elves species closer to extinction and the space elves would prefer to have some group of their kind survive rather than none of them. However, the space elves are shamed by the continued existence of the rape elves being a reminder to the depths of depravity that their species had succumbed to before the fall
>>
>>49528723
so, say, in a situation where some d eldar are in peril, they'd come by and rescue them? Like, rescue a handful of dark kin by leaving a billion humans to the slaughter?
>>
>>49528365
Yes, other space elves view the craftworld Same-Ham as barbarous because they engage in honor duels sometimes to the death.
Eldard used his visions to manipulate and save the craftworld Iyawnedin which he wasn't from.
Other examples of distrust and rivalries between craftworlds exist but they work together to fight chaos and other threats
>>
File: 1466179434603.jpg (251KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1466179434603.jpg
251KB, 1024x1453px
>>49528833
In that hypothetical situation probably not. It would risk craftworlders who are more valuable than both the other factions.

If seers received visions of the peril a significant group of rape elves were to come within interaction with then it's very possible they would spread the word to the harlequins to spread it to the rape elves as long as doing so did not alter the course of the future in a manner that would risk space elves down the line.
>>
>>49528833
If a Farseer leading a group of Aspect warriors saw that, they would probably scatter some wraith bones to get a quick portent of the future and make a decision based on that. Saving the Dark Eldar rarely has a good outcome since it's generally a bad idea to hang around your crazy heroine obsessed murderous cousin for any reason.

For another Craftworlder or an Exodite however, if it had no repercussions in the foreseeable future, the Eldar would gladly glass a planet of Mo'keigh
>>
Its worth mentioning that Craftworld Eldar are a flash in the pan compared to Dark Eldar numbers wise.
Craftworlders resent their darker kin for the previously mentioned reasons, but Deldar opinion on Craftworlders range from "they are a bunch of quaint simpletons" to "I HATE THOSE SMUG BACKWARDS FOOLS"

Craftworlders are like the Eldar Amish. Exodites are like some obscure tribe in New Guinea.

But at the end of the day, all Eldar seem still believe that even the lowliest of their kin is miles above any of the lesser races.
>>
>>49528833
Frankly, it'd be a crapshoot. Equally possible they'd let the darkeldar burn if the billion or so humans could be useful, or just let fate take its course and not fuck with either.

Any other group besides craftworld and exodites are just tools. The eldar won't risk any of themselves for the sake of their tools, but don't waste them either. Eldar have at times nudged events to preserve human lives or presence in a region/planet so they can use them as tools later.

For grand scale examples look to ways they've helped humans survive tyranid invasions/prep them for them so the humans fight the bugs instead.

For ancidotal examples, look at Dawn of War Winter Assault. Half of the 'Order' Campaign involves the Eldar saving the IG's ass because they want their help to kill the crons.
>>
>>49529650
And humans are often more useful tools since Dark eldar have the capacity to be as cunning as their less rapey cousins. So the humans may well be more valuable...though still, crapshoot. Humans are the galaxy's cockroaches. One or two billion is nothing. You can run down to the nearest hive world and grab 6 billion pack for a weekend war.
>>
File: 12.jpg (29KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
29KB, 320x283px
>>49528908

Any more artwork like this?
>>
>>49529747
why does tim curry always have disturbing slasher faces?
>>
File: TimCurryRockyHorror.jpg (85KB, 990x556px) Image search: [Google]
TimCurryRockyHorror.jpg
85KB, 990x556px
>>49529777
>>
>>49529696
Now I'm picturing some Dark Dldar talking about raiding an Imperial world like you or I would about making a quick beer run.
>You want Agri-World or Hiver this time?
>Eh, either's fine
>>
>>49529915
oh my god, or like when you're sending someone to the hardware store

"so, we need to do some housework this weekend, could you pop down to Rape and Pillage for a pack of slaves"

"oh yeah sure, should I get the gangers this time or the druggies"

"oh man, I dont feel like breaking fresh gangers in, I had a bad week. just get two packs of disposable druggies and we'll throw them away when we wear them out"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.