[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New thread starter, HERETIC. For all your questions on Dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 30

File: Warhams The RPG (dead).jpg (23KB, 345x146px) Image search: [Google]
Warhams The RPG (dead).jpg
23KB, 345x146px
New thread starter, HERETIC.

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), /tg/ made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things. Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Additional Resources:
Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Old Thread:
>>49490596

How often does your party burn fate?
>>
>>49523235
We've played approximately 14 sessions up to now.

In the first session a player burned Fate to avoid falling in a bottomless chasm, narrowly falling onto a ledge and breaking half his teeth. He replaced them with platinum afterwards.

Later, another burned Fate when the Psyker stunned him because of Perils of the Warp, leaving him wide open to a full auto-pistol volley from a cultist.

Lastly, another player fell from a great height while climbing under enemy fire. She now has chronic back pain and a fear of heights.
>>
Mars Needs Women! Rampage of the Nerds! (V1.1.9)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dmylf4f40eslea9

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! Relax! Have Fun With It! (V1.7.15)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5lqt5r2wel6w25q

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.
>>
Also, for the anon that asked about our groups old that guy.
He is the guy that was mentioned before that, due to GM mistake, rolled a nat 100 Warp Made Manifest mutant at chargen. And he kept it.
>that was his first character, and if you want to know his fate, I believe it's in the last thread.
His next character was a Heretek Sage that was tolerable until the player's desire to attention hog became to great and derailed the entire game, being captured by the cul we were investigating, having our names and identities pulled from him in the most 10 minutes (it was only 10 because I went outside to smoke a cigar with another player) of rp I have ever seen from a player, then we had to force an assault that went tits up (of course), skipping a whole lot. The part that matters is that he basically declared himself a heretek in front of our sage/team medic/team mom AND a fucking tech adept. Team mom promptly told the warband whilst we were recuperating (and the heretek had been dosed with obscura to shut him the fuck up because he was also blind, having had both his eyes plucked out, and couldn't talk because he was shot in the mouth at point blank range), and the guardsman in the party sold him out to the admech, literally.
His last pc was a... well, I can't remember, and it doesn't matter, he lasted 3 sessions. He wanted to play a jedi mockup, and the gm gave him allowance, even creating an "order" and allowing him to be a sanctioned psyker outside astra telepathica for xp. He was calm, reserved and all that jedi shit for a few games, then he sperged out because the sororitas wanted to destroy the warp tainted staff the mutant had left at our base, and he wanted to keep it.
It caused such a kerfluffle, and the ensuing nonsense afterwards, that he was voted out of the group entirely.
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>God Emperor? I suppose you also believe in Dark Eldar and Daemons coming to get you in the night.
>>
>>49523966
Please, someone make a Tech-Priest version or something.
>>
>>49523448
>Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.
Why?
>>
>>49523981
Immensely more flexible when it comes to character creation and possible ideas, mechanics are the end product of FFGs 10 years of experience with the system, includes most of the updated rules and equipment spread across the what, 12 DH1e books on top of being back end friendly to all other editions, rules themselves support the idea that you are agents of the most feared organization in the galaxy that aren't the Harlequins, not bumblefucks that happen to have a new job.
>>
>>49523981
You know, I'm bothered by the systematic posting of this. Maybe the majority agree on this issue but /tg/ isn't a hivemind and I'm sure some people will have valid reasons to choose DH1 over DH2.
>>
>>49524104
>not bumblefucks that happen to have a new job.
This is where you lost me. I really like the sound of being a bumblefuck though.
>>
>>49524104
>Immensely more flexible when it comes to character creation and possible ideas,
I heard they come out samey and ill defined and that it ended up being more restrictive, not less. But that wasn't on this site. It was a thread I read elsewhere. It's pretty damn hard to make this decision when both sides say the other is wrong about absolutely everything. Based on the rule book alone, I kind of like the "feel" of DH1 more but not having played it's admittedly not a very well reasoned decision.
>>
>>49524104
>that you are agents of the most feared organization in the galaxy
You can play as Necrons or Tyranids now?
>>
File: Whelp, better kill myself.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Whelp, better kill myself.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>49523235
Our tank commander tried started yelling out to charge on open comms to the entire region. Orks heard that people were coming and now I don't have an arm or a tank left. Good thing is, the company commander gave me a commission to command my own tank and a prosthetic. Bad news is, intel says that because of the incompetence of my previous commander, I'm to engage with another ork tank kompany of some sort that is running with deff koptas.

Die well, I guess...
>>
>>49524179
I'm not sure how it can be more restrictive when 1e limited your options to what was on your advancement lists when 2e has 'pick whatever you can afford'.
>>
>>49524264
The complaint was that it was hard to implement a given character idea because the options were too open and vague
>>
>>49524153
Why, anon?
Literally no other game, not even OW, has you start off as incompetent even in your chosen skill set as DH1e, and that is because I have every confidence that Black Library was using 3.x as a framework of a "successful" pnp game.
>>49524138
Why? Because they like full auto being the be all, end all option in combat? Chargen characters who have at max at 40% chance to succeed at any test unless they are a psyker or techpriest, actively punishes you for being anything outside your "job class" despite the point being you have left the life you had behind to be an Inquisition agent?
The lore is good, but that isn't system specific.
>>49524179
>I heard they come out samey and ill defined and that it ended up being more restrictive, not less
The only reason that can happen is because some of the choices for chargen aren't used often. You don't see people using Exorcised or Mutant unless it fits, and Seeker, Assassin, Warrior are extremely good at what they do.
DH1e tried to capture the progression of characters as though they were still a part of the organizations they came from, arbites became better arbites, guardsmen became officers. But I believe, and it shows I think, that the decision was based not on what was best for the game they were creating, but what was popular game design of the time.
>>49524224
Those are factions, not organizations, anon.
A necron faction would be the Destroyer or Flayed cults, neither being well known outside Necrons.
Please, think before you post, make /tg/ a better board, not worse.
>>49524241
Ambush the deff koptas.
>>49524299
>too open and vague
Only if you have no imagination or knowledge of the setting.
>>
>>49523414
I love cosmetic consequences like that. Like mechanically they mean nothing but they're nice touches for role playing
>>
>>49524392
>Why, anon?

>literally no other game, not even OW, has you start off as incompetent even in your chosen skill set as DH1e,
That would be why.
>>
>>49524392
>Please, think before you post, make /tg/ a better board, not worse.
Autistic pedantry over a simple joke is what the board needs, for sure.
>>
>>49524466
Then you could quickly suss that being incompetent at chargen is NOT the stated intent of the game, because why does the Inquisition need useless people?
>>
>>49524499
>people
>valuable in the Imperium
>>
>>49524392
Maybe they really like fully automatic weapons, yes. Or maybe, as
>>49524153
said, some people really do like the idea of playing an actual "nobody" before becoming a "somebody".
>>
>>49524392
>>49524499
You've pretty much convinced me that DH1 is for me. I'm bored of power fantasy and I'm pretty sure my tastes are totally different from yours from what I've seen you post.

>>49524534
>said, some people really do like the idea of playing an actual "nobody" before becoming a "somebody".
Exactly.
>>
>>49524224
>You can play as Necrons or Tyranids now?

I know you're shitposting but playable Necrons are in Fear and Loathing.
>>
File: 1268209474102.jpg (60KB, 284x276px) Image search: [Google]
1268209474102.jpg
60KB, 284x276px
someone asked for the Dark heresy beta pdf. I do have it, it is a 26 MB file. where shall I upload it to make available ?
>>
>>49524534
>>49524552
Do either of you really understand what is a somebody in 40k, or the fact that you are agents of the secret police?
A person who is somebody in 40k can walk into the planetary governor's household, tell him to jump, and he asks how high. It is not someone who can expect to pass a basic check 40% of the time if it is the least bit challenging to their skills.
You are confusing "I am good enough at what I do to face the biggest threats of the galaxy (that will kill me)" with "I can walk all over everything because the game says I can", and I think it says more about you lack of knowledge of the setting than anything else.
You are a regular human in a setting that mulches humans by the bakers dozen every second. Exactly who do you think you are to buck the trend?
>>
>>49524593
Toss it on mega.nz, call it a day.
>>
>>49524722
You're just further convincing me that DH1 is better for me. I don't really like your reasoning at all and don't want to play a game you think is good going by your posts.
>>
>>49524773
Well, you can see for yourself why people recommend 2e over the older edition. Straight up, no one in these threads advocates for 1e unless it's houseruled, and just as many use 2e mechanics in the 1e's Askellon setting.
What is your knowledge of the setting and game experience?
>>
>>49524830
Really, the main things 1e has over 2e are included setting and the sheer amount of equipment splats, both of which can be ported over with some fangling.
>>
>>49524722
>>49524773
You're really not convincing anyone here, and calling us out on our supposed "lack of knowledge of the setting" just shows you have nothing to contribute here.

My players' characters have deftly risen up to the challenge of surviving this brutal universe, despite their "40%" chance of success, through quick wits, critical thinking and intelligent use of tactics.
>>
File: goodgood.jpg (74KB, 355x750px) Image search: [Google]
goodgood.jpg
74KB, 355x750px
>>49523235
Requesting the squatted original Beta for Dark Heresy Second Edition. For research.
>>
>>49524947
an upload on mega is goin on, good lad.
>>
>>49524943
>my personal situations do not apply to the objective mathematical base of the game
Is this a 3.pf thread, now?
What you said applies to literally every game in the franchise because, amazingly, being capable != the game being easy or a "power fantasy". Even DW characters can, and will, be challenged, but that falls on the gm, not the system. If you need your pcs to be weak in order to challenge them or have them exercise "quick wits, critical thinking and intelligent use of tactics", then I posit that you, the gm, are the problem, and the players are simply doing what players in any game would do.
>>
If nonbelievers are rewarded with a quick execution, what happens to faggots and other degenerates in IoM?
>>
>>49525035
A slower execution.
>>
>>49524947
>>49524967

here the link, hopping it is working, first time I'm using Mega.

mega:///#fm/rURVCTYJ
>>
>>49525053
You need to include the decryption key.
>>
>>49525027
>he doesn't try to get contextual modifiers to turn basic challenges to easy ones
>>
>>49525035
Does the Imperium even have an official stance on weird sex, as long as we're not talking Slaaneshi rites?
>>
>>49525063
where I need to put it ? really sorry for the newbie question, needs to lurk more, and all that...
>>
>>49525035
Emperor's Justice comes in a pinch.
Being flayed, disemboweled, drawn, quartered, immolated, all while alive is preferred.
>>
>>49525027
>then I posit that you, the gm, are the problem, and the players are simply doing what players in any game would do.
I'm a player. I like feeling insignificant and lost.
>>
>>49525097

I would think faggotry and other degeneracy would be considered Slaaneshi rites.
>>
>>49525105
This is the book repository link in the op
>https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
You're missing
>!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
Except don't put this one, use the one mega generated for your link.
>>
>>49525097
>>49525035
The Imperium, as an institution, does not give a single fuck about your genitals or which genitals you interact them with or how. As long as you obey the Adepta, pay your tithe, and are a productive citizen of a productive world, the Imperium does not give a shit about you.

However. Individuals within that institution, or the cultures of specific worlds, might. A particular Ministorum priest might advocate that all homosexuals be put to the pyre. Or a different one might claim that sex between an adult teacher and his teenage boy student is the purest form of love short of the Emperor himself. A world might have any or no policy about that sort of thing. An Inquisitor might see BDSM as evidence of Slaanesh worship. In short, it varies.
>>
>>49525138
alright.
mega:///#fm/rURVCTYJwOx7xfE-eBJbdcX4rLAEWg
then. let's see if it works then.
>>
>>49525079
Assuming they can be had, and ignoring how the general bonus is +10 for gear and +10 for a possible situational bonus that may not exist.
>>49525116
Then OW and DH2e do that just fine. Your duty is to take on monstrous, inhuman threats, possibly, usually with no support outside your squad, with no more information than what you have gained yourselves and a light briefing. I am asking what your knowledge of 40k is because you don't seem to know, for example, that running into almost any xeno in the game in combat is a lethal affair, much less forces of Chaos. You can be good, they will be better, and if you are alone, you are as good as dead, and since they aren't orks, they can be just as subtle and stealthy as they desire to be.
>>
>>49525183

Homosexuality is unnatural, and anything unnatural is an affront to the Emperor and must be quickly dealt with.
>>
>>49525097
Ignore >>49525120, listen to >>49525183.
It is up to individual worlds and cultures.
>>
>>49525183
>An Inquisitor might see BDSM as evidence of Slaanesh worship.
Eisenhorn books said that the line between "esoteric" sexual interests, and heresy, is really blurred and undefined.
>>
>>49525197
>Homosexuality is unnatural,
So is filling yourself with bionics and replacing half your brain with a computer. And guess what, an entire Adepta does it as religious doctrine.
>>
>>49525120
Dont think so. Imperium, despite looking catholic and fascist, has different morality altogether than its aesthetic inspiration. Lot of things would depend on the world in question, but for the greater Imperium, most of things we consider taboos, or just unacceptable in conservative society, is not worth caring. Worshiping Slaanesh is slightly more complex.

Servitor/Mind-cleansed concubines of both sexes for example, are totally legit, if I remember the Ascension adventure correctly. Also good place for plasma-grenade booby traps.
>>
>>49525219

Improving oneself has always been a core part of Humanity.
>>
>>49525229
So has fucking everything that stands still long enough.
>>
>>49525236

Not the same gender though.
>>
>>49525248
Go back to /pol. Imperium does not care.
>>
File: mega link.png (6KB, 620x134px) Image search: [Google]
mega link.png
6KB, 620x134px
>>49525184
You're still fucking it up.

Right click on the folder/file and under get link/update link, do pic. Copy and paste into reply the link it gives.
>>
>>49525195
>I am asking what your knowledge of 40k is
I've been into the setting off and on for about a decade. If DH2 is for pompous autistic internet dudes though, I'm going to avoid it.
>>
>>49525197
>Homosexuality is unnatural,
So is homosexuality in rats a social construct then?
>>
>>49525223
>Worshiping Slaanesh is slightly more complex.
Yeah. A shame Slaanesh gets boiled down to "lol sex" so often. He's more about obsession than anything. Sex is a big way to hit excess, of course, but still.
>>
>>49525291
No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue.[26]

Nice meme.
>>
>>49525276
Well, we are on tg, arent we. DH2 is the most streamlined of all 40k systems. Some people hate it, but being most flexible, you can edit it to your taste. I liked it more than the first 40kRPGs (careers were not that cool, too much DnDish) Check it out from the mega.
>>
>>49525319
>quoting something that agrees with me like it's a refutation
Mein Fuhrer...
>>
>>49525265
sorry anon. let's hope this time is the good one.

https://mega.nz/#F!CVx0iSjZ!EixzbPkmsoIaHWYG0M1Yzg
>>
>>49525332

It goes on to point out that it can all be attributed to other factors such as domination.
>>
>>49525334
Congrats, it works.
>>
>>49525348
So? It's still male on male.
>>
>>49525365

It's not about sexuality, though. Being homosexual is still an aberration.

Moreover, there are no species that have sex with only their own gender.
>>
>>49525276
I apologize if I'm not being sensitive enough for your asshole, but I'm tired of people championing poorly made games (especially based on the 3.x mold) as though they have value compared to games made with some sense.
Because guess what? Anyone who is a psyker or techpriest in 1e is going to roll everything, by rote, in the game from around 4k xp on, unless they make a character by throwing darts at a board.
But that's ok, because some guy on the internet makes decisions for you, and being contrarian is the new black.
>>
>>49525334
Original requisitionist here. Thank you very much anon, many players tears shall be shed thanks to your contribution.
>>
>>49525379
>sex is not about sexuality
>>
>>49525386
you're welcome. and you shall thank more the poor anon(s) who had to help get the download on working order.
>>
>>49523595
I swear this sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure that guy was posting in these same threads about his character(s).
>>
>>49525380
>But that's ok, because some guy on the internet makes decisions for you,
>NOW DO WHAT I SAY
>>
One of my player on my Deathwatch table is tired of being a dump Space Marine. I offered him to play a disguised Chaos Space Marine, but it doesn't makes lot of sense.
How could I entertain him but staying lore-respectful ?
>>
>>49525291
>homosexuals are rats
Damn, /pol/ WAS right!
>>
>>49525462
Playing Chapter on the edge, such as Marines Malevolent or Relictors or being a Blackshield?

What does "dump" means in this case? Maybe he just need an intresting Chapter.
>>
>>49524853
Speaking of which, although I personally like the idea of Influence tests, my players don't like not having a concrete number to determine how much stuff they have. This appears to be the main sticking point keeping them from breaking out of 5E D&D. I'm willing to do the work to convert DH2E equipment to prices to help them transition, but has anyone already done this to save me some work?

Also, are there any general rules or guidelines to convert the wealth of setting equipment in DH1E into DH2E rules, or should I do what feels best?
>>
>>49525534
Do what you feel best, lot of stuff from DH2 has price in DH1 if it helps and you can aproximate the rest. I am for the Influence/like since the RT Profit factor, but honestly, you know what is best for your group.
>>
>>49525462
I used to think space marines were dumb as fuck but then I got into some of the lore though Dawn of War. The idea of legions not splitting cleanly and the Blood Ravens and Carchadons possibly being loyalist Thousand Sons and World Eater/Night Lords is really interesting to me
>>
>>49525573
Carchadorons are 95% Raven Guard, they were pretty savage before the Delivarence. Blood Ravens are the TS with almost same probability though.
>>
>>49525603
My theory on the Blood Raven Custodes armor is that they got it from the ruins of Prospero off a previously overlooked corpse.
>>
>>49525564
Damnit. I was hoping I could use somebody else's work, but it seems I can't be lazy on this one. Thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>49523235
Preparing the two sessions in what would fortunately became new DH2 campaign. Setting will be the off-handedly mentioned world of Sarcossa, home of the Sarcossan Wave Generator

> Armageddon-ish Hive World covered in deathworld grade jungle
> inspiration and themes from Tropa de Elite, Narcos, Grim Fandango and Planescape Torment
> All Saints Day/Days of the Dead festival, inspired by Lord Inquisitor Prologue going on
> stronghold of the Church of the Emperor Revenant, Resurectionist and Death-Cults
> lot of techno-heresy going on
> Black Alchemy and its products
> religious Trade Unions
> "generic" Imperial Noble houses, probably need more inspiration
> hereteks, maleteks, Democratist heretics, signatories of Black Tontines
> corrupt Enforcers and PDF
> black ops Militarum Tempestus (Tenebris)
>>
File: Morte.jpg (17KB, 200x332px) Image search: [Google]
Morte.jpg
17KB, 200x332px
>>49525847
> cont
> Anima Servoskull

Hope he will survive the encounter with PCs, they have a record of murdering NPCs which are about to help them.
>>
File: unrlsratling.jpg (12KB, 194x225px) Image search: [Google]
unrlsratling.jpg
12KB, 194x225px
>>49525847
> ratling Narco-Patron Pablo
>>
File: pigeons.jpg (211KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pigeons.jpg
211KB, 640x480px
>>49525847
>Unkindness-clone form the Ravenor´s sojourn at Eustis Majoris will also be present
>>
>>49525603
>Carchadorons are 95% Raven Guard

More like 50/50 Raven Guard and Night Lords
>>
>>49526179
They are literally a chapter of Terran Raven Guard exiled because Corax was a cock. No World Eaters. No Night Lords. Terran. Raven. Guard. The FW Horus Heresy books all but spell it out for you, with Raven Guard featuring Maori armor decorations, name dropping the Nomad-Predation Pattern, mentioning brutal Terran Raven Guard, and Corvax either getting them killed or exiling them. There's not much room for flex there.
>>
>>49526179
In FW HH books, the original Raven Guard is described as fiercely tribal tattooted reavers. Tyberos the Red Wake is flying Nicor, Charybdis class Grand Cruiser, described in HH books as Raven Guard vessel in 30k. Corax, after being found, sent many of the old Legion into the galactic void in Predation-something pattern, which is, ten thousand years later, used by Carcharodons. The geneseed variation, pale skin and jet black eyes, is iconic for Raven Guard, not only Night Lords. Also, during the Badab War, Carchadorons are communicating in antiquated High Gothic (consistent with old Terra legionaries theory), not Nostroman.

But nothing definitely written, thats my reason for 5% doubt.
>>
>>49526253
Raven Guard'ed
>>
>>49523235
In dark heresy I found a wine bottle from 2016, how much do you think it would be worth?
>>
My character was hit with a firestorm and should have died so I burned a fate point. How would he be effected by 3rd degree burns are there any augs for your skin or anything he could have?
>>
>>49526628
Nothing, because it was a bottle of Two Buck Chuck that has long since turned from wine to vinegar to elemental vinegar to foul-tasting slime in a bottle to dust in a bottle.
>>
File: 41974-4-1306228105.jpg (406KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
41974-4-1306228105.jpg
406KB, 1280x800px
>>49526760
Step 1: Become a penitent.
Step 2: Join a religious community as its protector.
Step 3: Mercilessly butcher anyone who threatens your church-bros.
>>
>>49526792
I would but im a psyker
>>
How do you reduce corruption points?
>>
>>49526975
Sorry to break it to you, you don't. :(
>>
give me some ideas for a black crusade game im starting. Also can I get an idea on the scale of the game? Like should the party immediately amass a cult and warband and attempt to make an empire in the screaming vortex or somesuch? The party is basically all specialist marines, like zerkers and noise marines
>>
give me some ideas for a black crusade game im starting. Also can I get an idea on the scale of the game? Like should the party immediately amass a cult and warband and attempt to make an empire in the screaming vortex or somesuch? The party is basically all specialist marines, like plague and noise marines
>>
Can i get some help on the beginning of a Black Crusade campaign and the general scale of it? Should the party immediately amass a cult and warband and conquer planets in the screaming vortex. The entire party is specialist marines like zerkers and noise marines if that means anything, except for an idolitrex magos.
>>
File: Fatlus Shrugged.jpg (60KB, 400x681px) Image search: [Google]
Fatlus Shrugged.jpg
60KB, 400x681px
>>49526253
>>49526267

The author of the Carcharodon novels on Bolter and Chainsword said that Black Library tasked him with "muddying the waters" in regards to the Carcharodons, because the head of IP didn't like how Forge World definitively answered the question of their Raven Guard origin. The "true" canon of the Carcharorons will be half Arkhas Fel's Rejects and half Night Lord Blackshields, according to "hints" he gave.

The canon is being rewritten because of a case of butthurt.
>>
>>49526760
Maybe Voidskin from Rogue Trader?
Or Subskin Armour and fluff it as, like, replacement skin made from future-kevlar or something?
>>
>>49523966
I've always wondered how a hardcore fedora would react to being dropped into the 40K universe and having to survive as, say, an Inquisitorial Acolyte.
>>
>>49525120
>faggotry
The Imperium literally doesn't care who you put your dick into, so long as it's human and/or an Imperium-approved pleasure-servitor (which are real things, just like Administratum/Munitorum-approved porn).

Individual planets, however, have their own unique rules.

For example, I've had my group interact with societies where women are literally property (which was difficult as 3/5 of the party, including the RT, is female) to societies where men are considered literally property, to a society where incredibly flamboyant, flaming homosexual men made all decisions and were attended to by oiled-up, muscle-bound vat-grown manservants, as well carried around on palanquins carried by young children. You bet your ass I had the Governor shout, "AWAKEN, MY SERVANTS!!!" when he sicced the guards on the players for insinuating that his combat skills and fashion sense weren't without flaw.

Creating new societies that operate on radically different laws and norms of our modern-day ones is half the fun of playing games like Rogue Trader, because they're entirely plausible in-setting.
>>
>>49526975
The only way it can be realistically done is with deep, heartfelt prayer and acts of major repentence, as well as (I think) some advances, but even these only reduce it by small amounts.

You're not going from 60 CP to 0, but you can probably go from like 30 to maybe 20 or 15 if you really, really want to.
>>
Alright, time to try and get the thread back on track.

What home rules do you use?

For me, Emplaced weapons and vehicle weapons may be used without the neccessary weapon skill.
>>
>>49527374
Isn't the vehicle part already a thing? I think the only requirement is that you can drive that class i.e. ground/aero/etc. of vehicle in the first place.
>>
File: 342534121232.jpg (63KB, 660x480px) Image search: [Google]
342534121232.jpg
63KB, 660x480px
tfw your family's warrant came from the Age of Rebirth and your family's ship has two archeotech components, a cruiser dating back to the Great Crusade called Guilliman's Herald

tfw your dynasty in the present day is pretty much broke as fuck
>>
File: Imperial Nobility.jpg (58KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Nobility.jpg
58KB, 500x629px
>>49527374
I'm trying to figure out a way to "refine" the Profit Factor system in Rogue Trader into a new system of Financial, Military, and Social Influence.

>Financial: The monetary wealth and capital possessed by the Dynasty. Includes everything from Thrones to business investments to mineral wealth to capital goods, it is a measure of how much money the Dynasty can draw upon to get what it wants, with dynasties of high Financial Power able to simply go out and buy what they want when they want it with only a minimum of money-laundering. Financial Influence is most influential with organizations such as the Administratum, Planetary Nobility, the Munitorum, Commerce/Trader Guilds, Planetary Governors, and the Adeptus Mechanicus, though carries considerable sway with any organization that the Rogue Trader can use his considerable wealth to benefit.

>Military: Military Influence is the combat assets a dynasty has at its disposal. These can include heavily-armed voidships, standing armies, hired guns, star fortresses, assassins, and any other form of soldier or asset that enables them to enforce their will. Those who are most influenced by Military Power are the Imperial Guard, the Adeptus Astartes, the Ecclessiarchy, the Inquisition, the Imperial Navy, or any other organization that benefits from the dynasties military forces in some way.

>Social: Social Influence is the more nuanced of the three forms of Influence, and is also the most situational and fluctuating of them. It is a measure of the respect and authority that dynasty carries, and is often earned through deeds and actions they commit in their travels. As it's not a tangible power, its value changes drastically dependent upon location and the organization in question - the saviors of a Planetary Governor may be barely-respected rogues to the Imperial Navy, and the most pious of Ecclesiarchy servants may be wanted fugitives of the AdMech.

It's a WIP. I hope I can figure it out.
>>
>>49524138
>valid reasons to choose DH1
Like what? That system is archaic, get over it anon. 2e does it all so much better, it's a straight upgrade.
>>
>>49524552
>I'm bored of power fantasy
>so I wanna play 1e, the system that very quickly climbs to stupid power fantasy levels

Lol?
>>
>>49527557
I think that is an excellent idea. Would you have them be on a 100 scale like profit factor or maybe something simpler?
>>
Is Nurgle really such a bad guy?
>>
>>49528023
Yes.
>>
Sorry to rehash this shit up, but I still have not got any solid answers from the guy who originally posted this shit.

>>49523480
>The extent of my question was supposed to be more along the lines of "I'm playing an agnostic character
Okay, again, why are you agnostic? Why are you staying agnostic when EVERYONE around you supports the Emps in faith and propaganda is being shoved in your face at very frequent intervals?

>how much disregard of religious practices can I reasonably get away with
See, you can get away with a lot as someone who believes but is lazy about it, or someone who feels they have higher priorities than practicing their faith. So long as you have some basic belief, even if you never bring it up in-character, that is fine. Why are you making it difficult for yourself by wanting to try and shoehorn in a completely atheist/agnostic character?
>>
>>49528028
But he loves life, which is a good thing, right? Think about all the orphans domed to join the imperium fleet. He can provide affection for them.
>>
>>49525276
>If DH2 is for pompous autistic internet dudes
Actually, that's the 1e turbo-autists who refuse to move to a much more streamlined, yet open system.
>>
>>49526821
Penitent pskyers are a thing
>>
>>49527001
>>49527019
>>49527035
Okay, what the fuck is with the spammed posts, and second of all, try reading the book. Particularly the GM section and any predone campaign within, y'know?
>>
File: The_Fury.jpg (25KB, 541x615px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fury.jpg
25KB, 541x615px
>>49526821
>>49528140
>>
>>49525462
>Deathwatch table
Wait, how do you keep that game going without anyone dying from boredom? Playing as a SM in a PnP RPG is boring as fuck, it's like living in a Michael Bay movie. Too many explosives they just become a fact of life and the solution to every problem is just to kill it.
>>
>>49527263
Future radical Seculos Attendous inquisitor I'd say.
>>
>>49528124
His form of love is jealous and possessive, and he views his "family" as property.

He's basically the ultimate incarnation of abusive love.
>>
>tfw rolled to see if two Orkz were brutally kunnin' enuff to see of they could be sneak up and get a surprise attack on one of my players
>7 and 10
>Player is now at -5 wounds
>Is rescued by Operator with Chimera's autocannon, and rolls several 8s and a 10.
>Needless to say, it was overkill on the poor Boys.
It's great man. He's just staying in the Chimera right now, manning the Hull HFlamer, but everyone had fun.
>>
>>49527435
Correct, but in the event the players recieve such a vehicle without said Operate skill, or say they're at a guard tower with an emplaced weapon, like the autocannons in Against the Savage's promethium refinery's guard towers.
>>
>>49528537
>Player is now at -5 wounds
That's taking it a step too far, eh?
>>
>>49528180
>>49528140
Should I grab pyrokinesis for my psyker then?
>>
>>49528841
-5 isn't dead mate, and yeah two surprise attacks from Orks would do that.
>>
>>49528926
>Player
>>
>>49528940
Oh, one of those overused player/character jokes. Sorry I missed such a nugget of pure humour...
>>
>>49528905
Which line is this for?
>>
>>49528002
I'm still thinking 0-100 (with maybe some slight overflow into at most 120) because that enables some nuance and tangible growth while still being manageable for the GM.

For example, if you call in a favor, you could burn Social to get what you want basically for free, but you'd permanently lose Influence with that group. You can burn Financial power easiest, because it's the most readily accepted form of transaction, but it's also much more difficult to get discounts and work deals with it compared to Military or Social.

This is something I'm trying to work out, and so far I'm having OK success. The most difficult part of this is that, in order for it to function, you have to assign values to a lot of other organizations (specifically other Dynasties) in order to properly interact with them, so a GM is going to need to thoroughly understand the system to use it properly.
>>
>>49528956
Don't worry anon, you can try again next time!
>>
>>49528905
I would, but I'm not you.
>>
>>49528987
Either? Ive got a horribly burned psyker who was caught in a firestorm, almost died but fate points.
>>
How would you stat a CSM that through warp fuckery is the size of a tank?

I was considering giving them vehicle versions of weapons and armor comparable to a Leman Russ
>>
>>49529156
So, just a DP?
>>
>>49529175
No, it's just a regular CSM but like 40 feet tall. It's complicated and involves Slaanesh and some Ghostbuster style bullshit.
>>
>>49529200
Sounds goofy as fuck, and I frankly don't understand how the armour would grow with him without becoming all Chaotically "organic", ala DP.
>>
>>49529200
Isn't that about the size of a knight titan?
>>
>>49529233
Sounds about right and a good idea

>>49529231
My players like goofy and one of them basically asked for it (although he implied more giant sexy lady to snoo snoo his guardsman and I am mean), as far as the armor I'm fully satisfied with 'it's warp bullshit don't worry about it'.
>>
>>49529422
Oh alright, so long as you actually are going for that goofy tone then that's cool. Are GK babby-carriers statted in any books? Otherwise yeah one of the smaller titans might be an idea.
>>
>>49529459
They're in Daemon Hunters for 1e.
>>
How would Chaos Marines treat regular human Chaos Lords? Like someone who leads a pirate fleet or something?

A lot of the fluff I see has them treat "mortals" as shit.
>>
>>49529875
Isn't Chaos Lord a chaos space marine only title?
>>
>>49529875
As a joke at first.
Then they'd kill them and take all of their followers as their own.
>>
>tfw oRkPG never
>>
So can Only War characters interact more or less at the same level as DH 2e characters or do you need to give them some advances to make the power levels matchup.

I've thought about doing a DH game where the acolytes have a couple of squads of guard attached which would allow for moderately high casualties and the ability to switch between combat focused PCs and investigation focused PCs
>>
>>49528048
>Okay, again, why are you agnostic? Why are you staying agnostic when EVERYONE around you supports the Emps in faith and propaganda is being shoved in your face at very frequent intervals?
Recently rediscovered feral world where religion faded away and the new introduction didn't stick.
>Why are you making it difficult for yourself by wanting to try and shoehorn in a completely atheist/agnostic character
Because it's interesting.

Also because the Emperor is gay.
>>
>>49530588
>Recently rediscovered feral world where religion faded away
Okay, this is... arguable, at best. Abandoned worlds actually tend to gain more fervour in their devotion as they see their previous contact with the Imperium as a better time, even a visitation of angels, so they really tend to knuckle down on their faith and latch onto it, albeit with a very feral way. So again, making an abandoned feral world where faith faded away, just kinda reeks to me of "I want to bend everything to my own personal tastes", I mean it's arguably plausible, but not very interesting and yeah, not hugely realistic within the setting.

>the new introduction didn't stick
This is the part I really don't buy. If the Imperium rediscovers a world, they will make sure their faith sticks (usually, that means taking their bastardised version of the Imperial religion and "modernising" it up to Imperium's current standards), or they go "whelp, maybe this world was truly lost to us after all" as they hit the big red Exterminatus button.

And really, at the end of the day, it's not that interesting at all. It's just you being a stubborn player. You could play a daemon world character and have some actually interesting conflict of beliefs, but agnosticism/atheism in 40K just generally doesn't exist and has no real right to exist, because it's flat and dull and doesn't fit in a setting with zealots fighting more zealots.
>>
>>49530588

So does your character wear a fedora and trenchcoat and fight with a elegant power katana?
>>
>>49530677
>Abandoned worlds actually tend to gain more fervour in their devotion as they see their previous contact with the Imperium as a better time, even a visitation of angels, so they really tend to knuckle down on their faith and latch onto it, albeit with a very feral way.
The imperium is large enough to make any improbable happenstance probable. This world ditched religion.
>So again, making an abandoned feral world where faith faded away, just kinda reeks to me of "I want to bend everything to my own personal tastes", I mean it's arguably plausible, but not very interesting and yeah, not hugely realistic within the setting.
Of course it would be interesting. Why wouldn't it be?
>>
Any advice on how to do a SoB only game? Only War, Dark Heresy,maid?
>>
>>49530777
> SoB-only Maid
Fund it.
>>
>>49530765
>The imperium is large enough
Yes, I get that, that is why I say "tend to" quite a bit there.

And it's not really interesting because agnostic/atheist characters just don't really make sense. You have literal gods playing backstabbies in the Warp, summoning in daemons and shit which is what you as an Inquisitorial agent are dealing with. You can literally see the manifestations of the Chaos gods, and you're telling me your character's just going to be all "nah faith is BS man *tips fedora*"? Then on your side you have Space Marines tramping about, literally the descendants of the Emperor, and you're still going to be all disbelieving? It just makes for a flat character as I said, all because you as a player can't detach yourself from our world and get into this setting? Why are you even wanting to play this game dude?
>>
File: 1474441509732.jpg (141KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
1474441509732.jpg
141KB, 1024x575px
>>49528197
The funny thing is, it's about learning how to be friends. The game I most consistently got people to attend was Deathwatch, because it's *highly* character driven.
Deathwatch plays out thematically a bit like some old episodes of Star Trek: the squad generally has the strength to solve a given problem, but the tension arises from the ethical/philosophical problems with *how* they choose to do it, what the costs of their solution are both personally and to the greater war effort, how it reflects on their personal attitudes towards each other, etc. etc.
The basic assumption is that you're all badass dudes who play by their own rules, but you literally *have* to learn to get along if you want to achieve some of your harder goals. It's fun!
Also, yeah, you can punch through a man's chest with your bare hands and spit acid. For some reason that appeals to some people. >>49527374
>House Rules
"Logic" can be used as an interaction skill with Tech Priests and Machine Spirits and the like.
>>49529875
Depends on the CSM. We've seen Chaos Space Marines willing to assist cults and fight for pirates and renegades, so I'd say some would even be willing to call them "lord" and swear fealty.
A lot of CSM have limitless ambition and would scheme to take power, but equally a lot of them are so nihilistic as to not care, or are twisted maniacs like Berzerkers who just want the best opportunity for slaughter and couldn't care less who is giving the orders.
>>49530677
>>49530588

Isn't the whole concept of the Logicians and a bunch of other Hereteks that they're essentially atheists? T
And the Imperium of the Great Crusade was militantly atheist.
I'd say that atheism/agnosticism in a setting that's basically *about* the negative (and occasionally positive) effects of belief is pretty inherently interesting.
Provided it's not too common place, and isn't done with too smug of fedora tipping, I think it could definitely be interesting.
>>
>>49530872

It's not that he doesn't believe in the existence of powerful entities, it's just that he doesn't see any point in worshipping them.
>>
>>49530914
Which, again, is horrifically boring. I mean the main fall of Inquisitor parties is their shift from worshiping the Emps to worshiping Chaos, or some xenos power, thinking they can control it when it's just going to consume and use them.

Which is the other thing, when you gain Corruption and shit are you just going to turn your back on the rules and go "nope I don't believe LOL"? It all just sounds stupid, and again begs me to ask why are you playing this game if you're not going to get into the setting?
>>
>>49530901
Hereteks generally are the most agnostic sure, but they still believe in some elements of Mars and/or the Emps. Faith is so pervasive in 40K it's quite hard to get around or ignore.
>>
>>49530938

That's just like your opinion, man. I find the idea of someone down to earth trying to cope up with shenanigans of a bunch of lunatics very interesting.

I view corruption as a more physical thing, after all, it manifests mostly in physical maladies. It's not unreasonable for powerful magical creatures to have that influence on people.
>>
File: I2AWRUu.jpg (25KB, 345x314px) Image search: [Google]
I2AWRUu.jpg
25KB, 345x314px
Yo, /tg/, the recent Deathwatch and Genestealer models gave gotten me excited. I wanna put together a 3 session or so game of deathwatch for my regular gaming group but could use some help.

I don't really have much experience with building encounters for Deathwatch, everything seems very easy for the PCs when you're throwing just mooks at them, but then the truly monstrous beasties look like they'd hit like a truck. I have what looks like both genestealer and broodlord stats in a Final Sanction splat, but I'm not sure how many genestealers are a threat to a group of 4 or so marines, or if a broodlord should fight alone or with a lot of adds, or how many shitty cultists in a mob it takes to scratch power armour.
>>
File: lKA4eXV.jpg (28KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
lKA4eXV.jpg
28KB, 300x392px
>>49531151
On the narrative side I am much more comfortable GMing and with the setting, and was thinking to break it into 3 arcs.

-The first I was almost going to make a Dark Heresy game as it would deal exclusively with the cults and the lesser foes, but I think I will play it as DW where the cults have been identified and a very small kill team have been sent in to purge. This shouldn't be too hard, set the scene, show off the hive, etc. Probably leave the players feeling really good about themselves as they climb into their thunderhawk, after all they are clearly combat gods. And then pull the rug out from under them as their PDF escort planes shoot them down. Cue cliffhanger where the group is told this is more than a 1 shot.

-The second would be more about survival with the PCs suddenly being hunted by a numerically superior force now that the cults have shown their hand and revealed to the PCs that the corruption goes much higher than a few cults. Something something something blank, end with something to the effect of taking out a big boss like the broodlord/planetary govenor/etc (anything that leaves them feeling like they have cut the head off the snake and made a difference)

-The third is when the purestrains come out and shit goes to hell. This would be the open war kinda stuff starts, the cult has to step up it's plans in response to the PCs. They might not have been ready to take over the planet but they were on their way there, so the PCs will have a serious fight.
>>
File: Khorne_by_alexboca.jpg (277KB, 1136x811px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne_by_alexboca.jpg
277KB, 1136x811px
Want to help me chose what happens next on my Deathwatch campaign?

Current mission they are sent to a penal world that has gone rogue where a world wide "prison riot" is going on where billions of people are killing each other non stop, making mountains of bodies and literal rivers of blood.
After investigating they realize the rivers and the bodies are forming a pattern. They ask for visual feed from their ship in orbit and they see that the mountains of bodies are actually forming a Khorne symbol and the rivers of blood a Chaos symbol (like the Nazca Lines), all crossing in a point in the world where some kind of ritual is going on.
When they arrive there with bikes they realize there is some kind of brutal leader and thousands of prisoners around cut their throats to add even more blood, as the leader is shouting "Blood for the god of blood".
And I stopped the session there.
What should happen next:

1- They have to fight this champion of chaos and his guys (and probably one or two bloodletters).

2- Leader becomes Demon prince so party have to kill him (and probably his guys/bloodletters)

3- (The edgy one). The champion has opened a portal to Khorne's realm through so much bloodshed, and a full scale Khorne demon invasion starts on the planet, making the planet a possible demon world. Then the party has to make a tactical retreat and rethink how to affront this (possible Exterminatus?)
>>
>>49527040
Intresting. Did not know that and I´m looking forward to Red Tithe.
>>
>>49530972
>everyone who worships is a lunatic
This is the kind of thinking that unsettles me about your posts. In this setting, if you're agnostic you're the lunatic. It's normal to be heavily indoctrinated into the Imperial creed.

You still have never answered why you're playing this game, I mean there are a tonne of sci-fi games out there without such an emphasis on religion.
>>
>>49532983
That would eliminate the "coping" part of his post.
>>
>>49533012
Yeah, right, if by "coping" he meant his character in a constant struggle against the mountains of propaganda and shit shoved in his face, which can only lead to him finally submitting to the Emperor's grace.

However this guy stated in his initial post that he never wants to play any kind of religious character, so he's not going to have any real character development and that just makes for a boring, out of place character.
>>
>>49533040
>it is literally impossible for anyone not to succumb to propaganda
Quite true. That's why the entirety of Europe are devout Catholics.
>>
>>49533074
>again trying to relate shit to the real world

I don't think you understand this setting at all mate. I can't even make up a real world comparison of just how pervasive and encompassing the Imperium's religion is. It pretty much is you either fall to Chaos/xenos worship, or finally submit to the Emperor. I mean there's nothing wrong with worshiping the Emps so when everyone around you is doing it all the time, why would you hold back? What reason do you really have to stay agnostic, when literal descendants of the Big E stalk the battlefield and you even see people blessed by his grace? Do you not want to receive his blessings too?
>>
>>49533133
I don't think you understand anything that's being said to you. Or human nature. Or the setting, for that matter. If it were that easy, you wouldn't need the massive ecclesiarchy in the first place.
>>
>>49533164
Whatever mate, ignore all the fluff and just do whatever your GM lets you, seeing as how you can't let go of the real world or your hatred for religion. Go for it.
>>
>>49533173
I'm not that guy, I just think you're kind of dumb and possibly autistic.
>>
File: 8ca06420ae17cca82d48af8ce86fa8f0.jpg (671KB, 1622x1610px) Image search: [Google]
8ca06420ae17cca82d48af8ce86fa8f0.jpg
671KB, 1622x1610px
Only War party from a world with a Napoleonic era society who fight using laslocks in skirmish formation. Could it be interesting?
>>
>>49533192
Funny, I think the same of you.
>>
>>49533074
It's more comparable to living in a country without knowing the native language. I mean sure you could survive, but as time goes on would you really not pick up any of the dialect? Would you not even start to appreciate the language? And eventually, after some lengthy amount of time what kind of asshole would you really have to be to not want to join in speaking that language?
>>
>>49533384
>And eventually, after some lengthy amount of time what kind of asshole would you really have to be to not want to join in speaking that language?
Ignoring how stretched this metaphor is: Good question. If we figure that out it might make for an interesting character.
>>
How do we get stuff added to the mega?

Some of the stuff is really out of date and some new stuff needs added.
>>
>>49533420
You think it might, but really it's just a flat character ala Untouchable-tier asshole.
>>
>>49533436
A person with serious social and empathy issues can still have other character traits that make these things surface and cause conflicts with the rest of the party or the setting or whatever. Real life psychos are interesting, not just blanks like shitty edgelord Pariahs.
>>
>>49533227

But laslocks are big bulky mechanicus thrall weapons. Why would a bunch of Feudal World erst have essentially servitors weapons?
>>
>>49533447
One of the PCs in my Black Crusade game is running a honest-to-goodness sociopath. Not just generic FOR CHAOS not caring, we're talking H.H. Holmes, Jeffrey Dahlmer levels sociopath here.
>>
>>49533541
>On worlds where the standard power pack pattern has been lost, laslocks are commonly used in place of lasguns.
>>
>>49533554
Sounds like a story is in order
>>
>>49533541
Wrong. A laslock is a simpler type of lasgun that is somehow even easier than a regular lasgun to make because it uses a single-use energy cell instead of a rechargeable power pack. 30k Mechanicum thralls use them because they're cheap and integrated weapons give them unlimited ammo. Others use them because they're cheap or have a local pattern that is worth using.
>>49533227
Sure, you might want to talk to your GM about making a relatively refined pattern that is actually worth the hassle of a single-shot-then-reload, but it's entirely doable and possibly interesting.
>>
So /tg/, just had an interesting session.

The players have been sent on a recon mission on a jungle world, SOG style, with their useless Guardsman lackeys and a CO that wants them dead.

They managed to secure extra food and ammunition supplies, made friends with the pilot and even scored a Vox they didn't have before. But they forgot to bring a map and compass.

So here's the squad, in a clearing in a jungle full of Orks, with absolutely no way of knowing which way is up. Help me decide what to throw at them as they inevitably get hopelessly lost?
>>
>>49533541
>>49533581
Reminder that there is a huge difference between Laslocks and Las-Locks, the latter packing almost as much punch as a Boltgun and being given to Great Crusade era (and maybe onwards in isolated instances) Tech-Thralls.

The Laslock is a less advanced version of the Lasgun and cheap as shit, the Las-Lock is a more advanced design with similar properties but a massively stronger laser emission.
>>
>>49527040
>changing shit for literally no reason other than fuck FW and the thing they were tasked to do that literally explains 60% of all mysteries in the setting regarding the Imperium
>>
>>49533634
Well, that's not needlessly complex or confusing. At all.
>>
>>49533630
Local xenofauna and/or xenoflora.

Orks of all type from snotlings to lost nobs.
>>
>>49533648
A product of a lack of communication between FFG and Forgeworld, who each were responsible for a great deal of expansion and solidification of each of the two weapons respectively in the lore.
>>
>>49533571
Alright, but there hasn't been anything incredibly spectacular yet.
>Dude plays spoiled hive spire brat
>She's been partying for her whole life
>Never gave a shit of anyone else, never saw the point
>Became more and more desensitized, not even snuff-BDSM on 'Slaught gets her high anymore.
>Every feeling is old
>But... others get those feelings.
>And she can feel them
>They're always new, never gets stale
>Proceed to become emotion vampire
>helping people achieve their dreams... and then killing them, savouring first their joy, then surprise, pain, despair and betrayal in short order.
>Savour their emotions through telepathy
>Still give no shit about the people she ruins
>Gets caught for some drug crime
>Put on Arbites prison ship
And here the campaign starts.

We'd break out of the cells and take over the ship, but that's another story.
She'd go on being a true bootlicker, trying to boost all of us in emotion. We'd quickly figure out she's a witch, but she'd continue to "help" the injured recover just a bit... only to then slit their throats and feel their hope slip into despair. She convinced a random moron he was her chosen one... which he was. He was a tribute to a Bloodletter.

There's something disturbingly lizard-like about her. A sort of cold, empty, reptilian way of being. This is all beyond our characters, of course. Us, the players, are entirely clear that her final goal with us is exactly the same as with every other victim. Build them up, let them achieve their goal... and then betray them and savour their betrayal.

You get no bonus points for guessing her Dedication.

I really like the group, though. We came up with the tagline
>A bitter man seeking justice. A betrayed man seeking retribution. A psychopath seeking change. An artist seeking perfection. A desperate man seeking a way out.
>>
>>49527263
it would be a servitor with a hat.
>>
>>49533666
Maybe people just forgot what a las-lock was supposed to be in 10000 years
>>
>>49533634
Are the stats for Las-Locks listed anywhere?
>>
>>49534044

But they still exist in 40k since they're coming in Cyraxus.

But this begs the question - if there is an issue, do you use the official but made-up version of a weapon or career, or a customized variant that actually exists in fluff?
>>
>>49534099

The Fringe is Yours
>>
>>49534099
I think Shas'o put them in Mars Needs Women. I've always used them as 80m, Basic, 1d10+6 E, Pen 2, S/-/- myself, though.
>>
What's the strongest Psychic Discipline in Dark Heresy 2e.

I'm making a character but I've been struck by choice overload.

Here's what I rolled, I took Pennelle (Forge World) as my Home World but anything else is up in the air. Note extra roll lets me make one characteristic of my choice 3d10k2 (doesn't work on the ones already set by homeworld)

Pellenne (Forge World)
Weapon Skill 31
Ballistic Skill 33
Strength 32
Toughness 37
Agility 34
Intelligence 33
Perception 34
Willpower 38
Fellowship 26
Influence 31
Extra roll 9
Emperors blessing 2
Homeworld1 2
Homeworld2 4
Homeworld3 5
Wounds 1
Divination 23
Name 25
Build 68
Age 22
Age2 2
Colouration 82
Physical Quirks 97
Homeworld Superstition 46
Homeworld Memento 10
Background Memento 66

Originally I was gonna play a tech priest Doctor but then I thought Psyker might work. And if I'm a Psyker should I be an Astropath and should I choose Mystic or something else for different aptitudes and pay for the Psyker elite advance.

Please help too many decisions!
>>
>>49534203

Oh I forgot to say that Home World 1, 2, and 3 are the extra rolls for the 3d10kh2 and 3d10kl2, basically the only thing that changes is intelligence is 34 instead of 33.
>>
>>49528197
Found the guy who
1. Has no imagination.
2. Doesn't get what is actually fun about Deathwatch.
3. Thinks combat is the only thing that matter.
>>
>>49534334
I don't play Deathwatch but can you blame him? That's how most Spess Mehreen centric stuff is advertised. And the dumbest guy in my group constantly complained about us playing DH when he wanted to do Deathwatch (he was the only one interested)
>>
>>49530765
>Why wouldn't it be?
Because only you think it's interesting.
I've seen people who didn't believe in the Big E, and most space marines do not honor him as a god, but as The Superior Man and father.
It's not interesting because you can't mention it, or really act on it at all so long as you are in majority Imperial space, and it makes no sense for an ENTIRE WORLD to not believe in GE when the Imperium would devote considerable resources to making sure it is in compliance.
No, a worldwide conspiracy between every single person alive is simply stupid, not 40k stupid funny/awesome.
Just be an nonbeliever for *insert reasons that need not make sense to anyone but you*, but don't for a moment think it extends beyond you as an individual.
I said before I had a player who had religious quandaries about 40k, and turned them into engaging, introspective roleplay about her lack of faith and how it clashed with the abundant faith of those around her. Hell, I would even approach to say that ic, she isn't as doubtful as she was before, because the party has done, and survived, some outrageous shit. Surely there must be SOMETHING greater in the works?
>but you aren't doing this, you are literally being a fedora tipper, and that is why anon was shitting on you
>nothing better for the game or the pc will come of this, and that is why it is not only bad, but verging into special snowflake territory
>it exists for it's own sake, not as foil or fodder for a better game
>>
>>49533384
Too much can have an adverse effect. Maybe I'll add in that there was some sort of infovault on the world which this character was privy to, which let him know some facts about the emperor and the throne, just to satisfy your autistic ass. Are you happy now?

So this character knows that big E is just a corpse who needs thousands of psykers every day to sustain his waning conciousness, and everything attributed to him is just superstition. And the character is forced to join the imperium's secret police, which would lead to some internal conflict, which is interesting.
>>
>>49533767
I swear, it's easier to find women who can rp stone faced psychopaths, not betraying a hint of joy or pleasure or satisfaction, even out of character.
>>
>>49534466
>Because only you think it's interesting.
Me and the two others in this thread. Your autistic ass is the only one who has issue with it.
>>
>>49534497
>So this character knows that big E is just a corpse who needs thousands of psykers every day to sustain his waning conciousness, and everything attributed to him is just superstition.
Literally nobody knows that. At best it's a matter of debate no one in or out of universe has or even can prove or disprove by any means short of unplugging the Emperor's life support. At worst, it's simply untrue, as the Emperor has explicitly interacted with a handful of people in the Black Library books.
>>
>>49534210
>>49534203
Biomancy, Santic, Daemonic, Telepathy, depending on what you want to do.
>>
>>49534522
>He thinks only one person is calling him out
No, I'm the person that called you out in the last thread.
I've seen heretic pcs in action, I have 2 in my group, and unless you are playing BC, it does NOT come up, because who are you going to admit to being an unbeliever to?
It turns into backstory filler, unless you care to talk about how your pc not believing in the Emperor will actually come up in play without rolling the dice on whether or not another pc executes you?
Face it, anon, what you want to do has been done, but you aren't doing it WELL, and that's why you are getting dunked all over.
>>
>>49534525
So he knows something which suggests to the fact, and the omnipresence of worship only serves to drive the point home. Why would the priests be so fanatic in converting people if there wasn't some kind of a conspiracy going on?
>>
>>49534568

Doing it well? I just fucking asked how much secularism can you get away with, and you autistic fucks just jumped on me. The character isn't even ready for fuck's sake.
>>
>>49534576
>Why would the priests be so fanatic in converting people if there wasn't some kind of a conspiracy going on?
...Because they genuinely believe that entire planets can be damned to eternal torture in the Warp because of one person's disbelief in the Emperor's protection, anon. And they're not even incorrect in that because that's exactly what Chaos worship can lead to. And if you knew that your entire planet could be damned by one unbeliever, wouldn't you be just as insanely dedicated to making sure everyone believed?
>>
>>49534381
Because DW actually requires the most knowledge of 40k, and most people who play the rpgs simply don't have that knowledge.
If you knew the lore, you'd know the SMs are given more tasks beyond combat, especially when you have status, and that for a SM, working with another who is entirely unlike you in modus operandi or faith is entirely abhorrent.
You need good, knowledgeable players for DW, and most of the rpg players are neither.
>>
>>49534595
>I just fucking asked how much secularism can you get away with
As much as you want, provided you keep it to yourself.
In fact, that question was answered in detail in the last thread (do I need to link you the posts talking about the faith of the average person), and you have been contrary as fuck just to egg the other person on with nearly blatant fedora tipping attitude.
Fortunately, that can end now!
You got your answer, and it is honestly as definitive as they come. If your faith is flagging or nonexistant, figure out why that is, how that affects them, and how he reacts to the faith of others.
Roll dice, choose talents and skills, roll divination, voila, you are done. Good we had this needlessly long conversation.
>>
>>49534597
That's what they think. The character obviously thinks differently.
>>
>>49533666
>>49533634
>>49533648
>>49534116
Laslocks were in the original BI printing of the Inquisitor's Handbook. That said, "las-locks" are also used in Titanicus, but their description and power clearly makes them "laslocks."
>>
>>49531516
I vote for the edgy option.
>>
>>49534609
I've found running Deathwatch to be the equivalent of running a party of all Paladins, each one worshiping a different god/pantheon or part of a different religious order. A great challenge and easy to fuck up, but with good roleplayers and a smart GM, one of the most meaningful campaigns I've ever run.
>>
>>49534669
>figure out why that is
I just told you why. Recently rediscovered world where religion faded out and reintroduction didn't stick to this particular character.
>>
>>49534528
Do you not get in serious trouble if you go Daemonic?

Should I be an astropath?
>>
>>49534609
>Because DW actually requires the most knowledge of 40k, and most people who play the rpgs simply don't have that knowledge.

>It's not a dudebro space marine game dad it's a very complex deep setting with characters of alien virtue in a grim dark world from a country superior to ours
>>
>>49534568
>No, I'm the person that called you out in the last thread.
We know. It's very obvious it's always you.

>>49534748
A whole world dumping religion entirely seems weird to me. I'm not sure about this story desu
>>
>>49534513
But the woman is being played by a dude.
>>
>>49534778
You asked what was good, not whether it had risk/reward.
>>
>>49534748
>where religion faded out
This strains credibility and you know it.
Why don't you simply say this individual doesn't believe, having no reason to, and leave it at that?
>>
>>49534799
>>49534849

I imagine what happened in the real world also happened in the feral world. The church is still there, people just don't care about it.

Consider that in our world, it took only a short while for religion to stop being a factor in people's daily lives.

It's hardship that makes people flock to faith in order to find some measure of comfort in their lives. If you were on an idyllic world with little threat to your wellbeing, it's not unreasonable for religion to stop mattering to people.
>>
>>49534921
>I imagine what happened in the real world also happened in the feral world. The church is still there, people just don't care about it.
But that didn't happen in the real world.
>>
>>49534951
Depends where you live.
>>
>>49534921
>>49534959
Europe does not comprise the entirety of Earth, anon.
>>
>>49534959
We're talking about a whole planet.

>>49534967
Likewise, Sweden doesn't comprise the entirety of Europe.
>>
>>49534978
You can add Britain and France to that list as well.
Some of the Iron Curtain countries, I do not know how well they held on to Orthodox traditions.
>>
>>49534978
>>49534967
And depending on the planet, there could be a tenth of the amount of landmass and a hundredth of the number of people. Plenty of worlds in 40k are shown to still be in a Pangea-like state with 95% of the population living in one centralized location.
>>
>>49535004
>Plenty of worlds in 40k are shown to still be in a Pangea-like state with 95% of the population living in one centralized location.
Yeah and that's stupid and boring and I wish they didn't do that shit Star Wars/Star Trek tier shit
>>
>>49534334
On the contrary, I feel like Deathwatch is for people with no imagination. Like, if you do have imagination it's put to much more use on Dark Heresy or whatnot, don't waste it on Spess Mehreens.

In the DH game I play in I'm currently treading a fine line as the rest of the party hold me in suspicion, and for good reason too as I'm an unsanctioned psyker from a daemon world. So far I've lied through my teeth to convince them otherwise, and the Inquisitor picked me up from a RT so he doesn't know my exact origins either, but cracks in my shiny shiny veneer are starting to show as I delve into stronger powers.

Meanwhile, in the DH game I run I've gotten the sniper to start keeping an eye on the Inquisitor, who is a psyker himself but has somewhat of a keen interest in Nurgle. Another player is quickly making enemies and has even essentially forced an old shopkeep into an early retirement as she sticks to her Arbitrator training and Intimidates her way through everything.

Could I do any similar shit with DW? Hell no.
>>
>>49534497
>infovault on the world which this character was privy to, which let him know some facts about the emperor and the throne
Jesus christ, this is getting more and more retarded. I don't care any more, it's up to your GM to decide what to do with your idiotic religion-hating ass that can't differentiate real life from a fictional setting.
>>
>>49527263

Poorly.
>>
>>49535073
>Could I do any similar shit with DW? Hell no.
Yes, because you are not doing different anything that is actually intrinsic to any of those games, unless you think there is no internecine struggles in DW. You can just say you don't find the knightly contrasts that space marines bring to be interesting.
>>
>>49535115
All Librarians are sanctioned though so it's not quite the same at all, I really couldn't pull that shit.
>>
Space Marines are barely even human. And not in a cool way that makes you think.
>>
>>49534828

Haha yeah it might be good if I was playing an evil campaign.

Is Astropath good or not worth it? You lose your los right?
>>
>>49535130
>All Librarians are sanctioned
>because no space marine has ever dabbled in sorcery or forbidden texts or anything like that
>none of the literally dozens of chapters that have fallen since the HH have done anything like that, or tried to betray/convert their fellows
You and >>49535241 don't really get it, but that is okay, because no one said every game is for every person.
>>
>>49535305
In DH?
No, you are considered to have "psyker sight" in meters equal to your willpower attribute.
>>
>>49535315
That's different to being a crude psychic whose origins are pulling him back to Chaos.
>>
>>49535331

Yeah so only like 40m so you're gonna get shot from long range right
>>
>>49535369
No, it is far worse, because despite all your training, all the safeguards and transhuman grafts, it is so easy, perhaps moreso, to fall, to sink to even higher feats of debasement.
That's why the story "It's also a staff" cuts so deep. It's the fundamental betrayal of brotherhood and weighty expectations.
>>
>>49534528
Also telepathy requires fellowship which my character only has 26, surely that';s a bad route.
>>
>>49535315
Well I didn't say no one should like it. I said I find it really boring.
>>
>>49535415
If you are walking into a firefight like that, you have already fucked up, so it's a moot point. Granted, it's also why you are not alone, and you pick up powers like Shield and Prescience.
>>49535435
Well, you are eating dick. What are you trying to do with this psyker, anyway?
Every power set has multiple things it can do.
>>
>>49535439
>shrugs
Well, have fun with whatever you like, I guess.
That's the point, y'know?
>>
>>49535446

I have no idea, the other people (of 5) so far are a en route Sister of Battle and an Arbites.

We're investigating a small hab town.

Since I have low fellowship I kind of want my psychic abilities to make up for that in terms of their interaction powers, obviously I also want to hold my own in a fight without killing the rest of the party either.
>>
>>49535547
Why do you feel the need to be the one interacting with people in the first place?
>>
Question for Only War GMs and players: who usually roleplays the comrades outside of combat in your games, the GM or the player themselves? If players, is it awkward for them to essentially talk to themselves?
>>
>>49535579
Uh, because it's a roleplaying game and not interacting would be a bit dull.

If we're playing an investigative game I would like to be an investigative character y'know. Just as when I was making a Chirurgeon I wanted to help the party with lore and tech and med
>>
>>49535547
So let the social people do their thing.
> I also want to hold my own in a fight without killing the rest of the party either.
Get a gun, learn to make standard action shots with half aim, learn to use suppression fire.
If you don't have a gun, you are automatically That Geeked Mage.
Also, don't try to steal thunder. Have a skill set that is valuable, psynscience is incredibly useful alone, and take minor powers to round your shit out.
You honestly shouldn't be using powers as a crutch, and more as a force multiplier, the former is the way of daemonbait, ender of games.
>>
>>49535642

You start with a gun. I'm beginning to doubt you're recommendations since you don't know this stuff. I don't know how you roleplay but when I play we don't usually have some characters shut up for interactions with other people, that would be a really lame way of playing.

Also our group already got tired of rolling 500 suppression fire/pinning checks in Only War and I doubt any of us have interest in repeating that.

I don't see how psynscience is useful outside of imminent combat. Plus only in the situation where we're against psykers who are incredibly rare so I can't imagine that'll come up often.

This game is about investigation not combat.
>>
>>49535793
>I don't see how psynscience is useful outside of imminent combat. Plus only in the situation where we're against psykers who are incredibly rare so I can't imagine that'll come up often.
I think you need to read what psynscience does again, realize that unless you are dealing with necrons, psykers are THE most dangerous and insidious things you can deal with since only you alone will have any idea if they are operating nearby.
And read some Shadowrun.
You are a psyker. In a setting that HATES you, where everyone knows you are a goddamn threat. Geek the Mage First means kill the fucking caster before he hoodoos you. You are a walking bullet magnet, and I'm sure the GM knows it.
You carry a gun, you wear armor, you do everything to not reveal to the world that you are a psyker, omae, because when the bullets fly, 2 of 4 will have your name on them. You don't seem to have played psykers before, so this is an entry level primer, right up with DON'T ABUSE YOUR POWERS, THIS ISN'T D&D.
>>
File: image.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>49534497
>So this character knows that big E is just a corpse who needs thousands of psykers every day to sustain his waning conciousness, and everything attributed to him is just superstition
That is outright false and gods have been proven time and time again to exist (Big E, The Chaos Gods, The Eldar Gods, etc.). It has also been proven, time and time again, that the Big E falling out of style with a planet leads to the planet almost immediately falling to Chaos.

I think you might have literal autism since you apparently can't differentiate between reality and fiction.
>>
>>49536031
>It has also been proven, time and time again, that the Big E falling out of style with a planet leads to the planet almost immediately falling to Chaos.
Except for all those worlds that haven't heard of him in the first place
>>
>>49536074
He said his planet was rediscovered, so clearly they had heard of the Emperor before
>>
>>49536104
>Planet is idyllic and happy
>Emperor worship arrives
>Have to pay a huge tithe
>Rebel to go back to ow things were
>Suddenly Chaos even though everything was fine before

>implying the Emprah isn't a Chaos God
>>
>>49536125
>>Suddenly Chaos even though everything was fine before

By Immutable Law of GW this is how it happens. Chaos and the Emperor, black and white, yes or no. Zero middle ground. They killed Chaos Undivided for the same reasons.
>>
>>49536169
>They killed Chaos Undivided
Fuck they did? I've been out of it for awhile. How dumb.
>>
>>49533648
Also, Inquisitor Lords and Lord Inquisitors are two different things.
>>
>>49535419
Ok, I am super interested. Where can I find and read this story?
>>
File: the first heretek.jpg (8KB, 236x157px) Image search: [Google]
the first heretek.jpg
8KB, 236x157px
>>49527263
Frankly, if they could survive long enough 40k conforms to most of the low tier Fedora claims about religion. They'd probably become a Logician and smugly plan terrorist attacks.
>>49536186
The idiot train haven't breaks.
>Newcrons, no Oldcrons at all
>No Chaos Undivided
>No Chambers Militant [spoilers] Allegedly. Haven't read the new Deathwatch Codex yet, but it sounds like they aren't as explicitly tied as they used to be. [/spoiler]
>>49536125
One theory:
Independent worlds with no dominant religion are pretty much fine. When the Imperium arrives they force a planet's populace to join their cult. When the planet rebels, Chaos is a strong potential ally that they don't know will destroy them in the end, so they side with Chaos.
Basically, you don't *need* the Ecclesiarchy to resist Chaos, you just need ignorance/people unwilling to side with it. Once a planet comes to the attention of the Imperium, it also comes to the attention of any parasitic chaos cults within it that can start their work.
Also, the Severan Dominate is not Chaos aligned as far as I'm aware. And they're atheists too, or at least anti-Ecclesiarchy iirc.
>>
>>49536333
How did the fuck up the Necrons?
>>
>>49536125
Chaos also takes hold where the Imperial Cult is absent. As long as there are strong emotions involved, Chaos is nearby.
>>
>>49536450
But it's only GUARANTEED to show up if the Imperial Cult has arrived there before.

infowars
>>
File: IMG_2780.jpg (76KB, 459x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2780.jpg
76KB, 459x424px
>>49536333
No, the Severan Dominate worships the Emperor just the same, but they broke off from the Imperium because they believe it to be corrupt.

And new lore states that the Deathwatch work with the Inquisition, but are explicitly not a part of it, to the point of hunting down Radical Inquisitors.

So, no. No chambers militant.

Everyone forgets about the Red Hunters.
>>
File: matt damon is heresy.jpg (281KB, 500x930px) Image search: [Google]
matt damon is heresy.jpg
281KB, 500x930px
>>49536419
I'm not fond of the "Newcrons", that is the fact that they are now extremely similar to the Tomb Kings from Fantasy (ancient civilization comes back to life, are mad that they are skeletons now, wander around being grumpy and eccentric).

A lot of their old fluff was deliberately Lovecraftian and apocalyptic. There are a lot of references still floating around to the idea that the Necrons showing up is Bad News, that they pretty much represent the end of all life, they killed the Old Ones etc. etc. which clashes dramatically with how a lot of them are now portrayed as wacky comic relief characters who are willing to negotiate and like collecting interesting stuff.

I'm also bugged that they basically struck a Faustian bargain, broke it, and then turned the Devil into Pokemons. Oldcron fluff was about a society driven by bitterness and hubris to become monsters, Newcron fluff is about clever space Egyptians putting one over on the Robot Devil and then getting mopey that they aren't pretty anymore.

I think there was a more elegant solution here, namely to establish that *some* Necrons are ruled by independent C'tan and are pretty much soulless killers, and *some* Necrons woke up before C'tan could take over their tomb complexes and have reverted to their pre-uplift personalities. You get a built in reason for Necrons to fight each other, and can keep the apocalyptic creepiness as well as the funny hi-jinks.
Which is basically how I run it in my games.
>>
File: yaaaah.gif (2MB, 1419x2175px) Image search: [Google]
yaaaah.gif
2MB, 1419x2175px
>>49536333
ah fucked up my spoiler tags. I'm an idiot.
>>49536536
Thanks for clearing that up. It's not a fluff change I'm fond of.
I've never run the Deathwatch as slaves to the Inquisition, but they should be closely tied. A Watch Captain who refuses an Inquisitorial order had better have a good reason, or know exactly what he's doing and who he's pissing off.
I still like the Red Hunters, I just thought the Deathwatch and the Grey Knights were more fun when they weren't YET ANOTHER chapter of space marines who are so cool and aloof that they'll even go against the powers that be to get the job done.
>>
>>49536576
Damn GW can be dense sometimes. Thank God there's so much contradictory fluff.
>>
I don't see the need for a ridiculous backstory when you could just say your character lost faith or never had it after seeing a bunch of awful shit
>>
>>49536469
What do you mean? Chaos doesn't eat all Imperial planets. I feel I'm missing something in your explanation.
>>
>>49536576
>A lot of their old fluff was deliberately Lovecraftian
It was the furthest thing from Lovecraftian. Lovecraft's central theme was that the universe is fundamentally hostile in a completely uncaring way, that science is wrong, life is meaningless, and we could be wiped out at any moment by incomprensible things that wouldn't even notice us. The C'Tan are actively malevolent in a very personal way, depend on us for their food, and are easily comprehensible, if utterly opposed to our lives as we know them. Can we please not slap every fucking evil space god in the Lovecraft bin? Please?
>>
>>49537114
Anon's pointing out that plenty of planets and colonies have long histories prior to Imperial contact during which they do not fall to Chaos, nor worship the Emperor, yet once they come into contact with Emperor-worship, then turn away from it, they always become Chaos corrupted. This is in spite of the fact that, as stated, they existed fine without the God Emperor before hand, yet the second they hear about him and reject him they become Chaos-y.
>>
File: nightbringer.jpg (57KB, 634x500px) Image search: [Google]
nightbringer.jpg
57KB, 634x500px
>>49537303
GW referred to them as Lovecraftian in their designer's essay and letters column in the White Dwarf from the time of the Necron's first full Codex release. While they might not be *truly* Lovecraftian, it is the term that was used, and, like it or not, Lovecraftian is often short hand for "ancient evil space gods". I know plenty of stuff gets referred to as "Lovecraftian"even though it isn't, but they definitely wanted a Cthulhu-vibe to the C'tan even if they miss the mark.

Plus, to be frank Lovecraftian themes of degeneracy, the psychological damage done by knowledge, and the collapse of civilization are very much present in the early Necron fluff. Remember the story about some Rogue Traders finding the ruins of a civilization that worshiped the Deceiver? That's very close to Dagon IMO. Heck, the chick who translates the glyphs is even described as being on the verge of madness when she finishes and figures out that the C'tan are probably real.
The Pariah Gene is also something that can be linked to Lovecrafitan concepts about uncertain parentage and being corrupted by your own blood line.

TL;DR: I agree that the C'tan are not truly Lovecraftian, but I would argue that the Necrons were partially inspired by Lovecraft's work and do contain references and nods to some of his themes.
>>
What is the best weapon out there and why is it the Storm Bolter?
>>
>>49537771
That isn't the autocannon.
>>
>>49537771

Eldar technology is far more attractive.
>>
>>49537930
You're going to shoot it, not fuck it, knife ear
>>
>>49537930
>That one fucking specialist shuriken ammo that gives shuriken weapons a poison that makes people explode
Why? Because fucking Eldar.
>>
>>49537946

With Eldar weaponry, you can do both. Mon-keigh.
>>
>>49537771

The autocannon is the best weapon in most systems. Only in Deathwatch is the Storm Bolter the most OP because of the variant ammo and storm rule.
>>
>>49538049
>TFW loading a Storm Bolter with Metal Storm rounds and demanding that hordes cry some more
>>
>>49538049

Ranked in terms of power
1) Autocannon
2) Storm Bolter (With special ammo)
3) Rotor Cannon (With B-C rounds)
4) Heavy Bolter (With special ammo)
5) Other heavy weapons like the multilaser, with high RoF and damage.

Although in general, it's far too easy to negate heavy weapon penalties so most people I know just load up on those.
>>
>>49537789
>>49538049
GM's that let their players carry autocannons by hand are asking for trouble
>>
>>49528537
>not rolling to see if they were cunningly brutal enough
>>
>>49529233
knights are about 10m tall
>>
>>49538762

So ban the Bulging Biceps talent, any source of Autostabilized, etc?
>>
>>49538762
Merrick did it in DoW2 and /tg/ gushes over that game.

>>49538845

Which is about 40 feet when converted to metric.
>>
>>49538861
That, or just say that the Auto-cannon and a few others are not readily available in a design that can be man carried.
Personally, I allow it, but the only times they're going to actually get to use that thing is when they're up against armor, hordes of opponents, or gigantic monsters and they know it.
>>
>>49538673
Which game has the Autocannon or Rotor Cannon?
>>
>>49538878
>10m
>Which is about 40 feet
>when converted to metric.
You should be sharing those drugs with the rest of us.
>>
>>49538939

Autocannon is in every single system but Deathwatch as the M34 autocannon (core BC, OW, DH2, splats DH1, RT). It's even stronger in Dark Heresy but took a nerf Rogue Trader onwards.

Rotor Cannon is in RT and OW due to splats, though admittedly homebrew. They seem to be used commonly, so I included it.
>>
>>49539014
What's the common statline on the Rotor?
>>
>>49539078
150m 1d10+6I pen 3, with a fire rate of -/6/10. But when you give it bio-corrosive ammo with toxic and corrosive (halving the weapons range though) it turns it from a terrible weapon to a great one.
>>
File: 14151471518.jpg (641KB, 1036x764px) Image search: [Google]
14151471518.jpg
641KB, 1036x764px
So I want some input on this.
The final stretch of my campaign will have the group enter the Inner chambers of a necron tomb (it's a long story)
Needless to say, the techpriest is (If he fails the test) going to hear The Graveyard Echo, the disembodied voice of the sleeping Overlord. I have all the plot related stuff written down, but am looking for some flavor.
For instance, the techpriest hearing old audio logs the group touches symbols on the walls, or just straight up seeing ghosts of the past, maybe even of the Necrontyr.
Anything you all would recommend for a generally spooky atmosphere?

And just for the record, no, my group is not fighting necrons. I know they all browse here, So I want to keep plot details at a minimum.
>>
>>49539160
Ancient necron pornography
>>
File: necron_of_disaproval.jpg (850KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
necron_of_disaproval.jpg
850KB, 1300x1300px
>>49539180
Truly terrifying.
>>
>>49539193
>*clank* *clank* *clank* *sounds of scraping metal*
>>
>>49538861
Carry this up a fladder, or in a Chimera, or through a doorway. I don't care if they have bulging biceps, a normal guy out of power armor isn't carrying this thing around. I like heavy stubbers myself because they're actually proper sized for a person
>>
>>49539120

Even with Corrosive, it's not as bad as you say. While you're nickel and diming something with the corrosive damage, you could have just brute forced it with the autocannon's raw damage.
>>
>>49539525

You're arguing from a real life perspective. This isn't DnD 3.5 that tries to model reality, it's a lot more abstract than that. There are rules that say you can, so you can. If someone has the Strength + Toughness bonus in carry capacity, there's no problem. You're arguing based on feels and not what the system allows.
>>
File: Thallax (CAN'T WAKE UP).png (1MB, 719x937px) Image search: [Google]
Thallax (CAN'T WAKE UP).png
1MB, 719x937px
>>49534116
>Cyraxus
WHEN!?
I NEED IT.
>>
File: Thanatar JUST WANTED TO SLEEP.gif (432KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Thanatar JUST WANTED TO SLEEP.gif
432KB, 600x620px
>>49539729

We all do, son. We all do.

>>49539160

Seconding ancient Necron pornography.

Don't forget the skittering of scarabs, the constant feeling of being watched (because the Canoptek constructs ARE watching), and voices that lead to dead ends of the tombs (Egyptian tombs had tons of false doors, dead ends, and all that). You could also have snippets of conversations from during the War in Heaven, with the Necrons discussing superweapons like the World Engines, Aeonic Forges, Ushabti, etc.
>>
>>49525183
This. Almost any answer to almost any question regarding policy can be shorthanded to "it depends on the planet."
>>
>>49530577
Typically the XP lines up well enough from what I can tell, but there are a couple of discrepancies.

See, the lower XP your character starts with, the more relatively powerful they will be compared to someone of the same level a few hundred or thousand XP down the line.

An OW or DH character the same level as, say, a starting DW Astartes (about 14k, if I remember right) will be far more powerful than the Marine. Why? Because they'll have put all that XP toward dedicated shit to make them better at their job, while a lot of that Marine's XP went toward shit like his special organs and higher starting percentages; stuff that looks really good, but from an optimization standpoint is pretty sub-par.
>>
>>49533227
The only problem there is the laslocks. They're horrible.

Maybe if you have specialized lasguns that take way less power per shot, but requires a manual action (the lock in question) to add the physical charge that makes the battery packs last longer in the first place?

Also there's the thing where those tactics are pretty shitty in a vaguely modern-weapon-filled battlefield. Maybe have them breed like rabbits and be okay with high casualties?

I dunno, maybe make sure that your players have a lot of background characters available.
>>
>>49540537
Could also use the variant pattern rules in Hammer of the Emperor.
>>
>>49540723
I'm not familiar.
>>
>>49536283
It's a copypasta story, may be on 1d4chan.
>>
>>49536576
Oldcrons were Derlithian, not Lovecratian, and like every faggot on /tg/ AND that works at GW, you have done your best to make the faction you like look good and the one you dislike look bad, to the point of outright fabrication.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>49538861
>watch me be a raging faggot and blow everything out of proportion, the post
>>
>>49530796
Been there, done that, watched the Gardener lock herself in her bedroom and cry her eyes out when the Inquisitor's garden disarmed her of the Power Spear she was pruning it with.
>>
How many people actually use the DH 1e healing rules as written? In our latest session the Arbitrator took some nasty shots to the leg and is in crit. As the GM, I'm wondering if the party will have to take a couple of weeks off for her to recuperate.
>>
>>49531160
Sounds like a fun series.
>>49531151
50 cultists can actually pose a moderate threat to a group of four Marines. They get +1d10 to damage for every 10 Magnitude in a Horde (up to a max of 2d10 iirc) and get extra attacks (which cannot be used on targets they've already shot) for Magnitudes above 10, so two Hordes of 25 each flanking the team will limit the usefulness of cover and pop off four shots per turn with +1d10 damage to help get through Marine soak. Give them some halfway decent guns like Variable Setting lasguns from Only War and they can put a dent in your killteam to whittle them down, or if you want a more dangerous encounter, make them 35 each for six shots at +2d10, since your players will most likely whittle their Magnitude and dependent bonuses down before they get a chance to act. A single Assault Marine can tie up a Horde in melee, where they can only make one attack per round at each target in range, while the ranged combatants' boltguns will demolish Hordes at range with doubled kills for Explosive, possibly trebled by Hellfire or Metal Storm ammunition, so you could distract them with a mag30+ Horde without ranged weapons charging them head-on while the ranged ones flank, but if you do that I'd give them some chance to hear them coming and lay cluster mines or something to even the odds - cluster mines are always fun, but chances to use them are rarer than I'd like. If you want enough of a challenge that character death or burning fate are possibilities, then two shooty Mag30 Hordes with high ground and cover flanking a 4-man killtean while a choppy Mag40 one charges is solid. Even autoguns are threatening at Mag30, and the melees will force the killteam to choose between reducing the shooty blobs' damage output and trying to kill the choppy blob before it gets into Charge range and renders their bolters useless until they can get out of melee. That's 100 cultists and a very real threat if the dice gods grant them accuracy.
>>
>>49531516
A Horde of 20 Bloodletters manifest, and they may choose to fight him.
On round 2, more Bloodletters manifest.
On round 3, he turns into a Daemon Prince.
On round 5, the 'edgy' option happens and daemons start pouring through a gaping wound in realspace, but there's a slim chance they can close the tear somehow and salvage the world with just enough orbital bombardment to cleanse the incursion, probably wiping the prison off the planet but leaving the rest no less habitable than it was.

If they can kill him fast, they have Daemons up in their grille and might open the Warp Tear themselves by spilling his blood, but if they focus on the flunkies or otherwise don't kill him his ritual will do that anyway.
>>
>>49536576
Ok, i hear this a lot, but what's with matt damon sniping mlk?
>>
>>49541891

In one of the black library HH novels(Unremembered Empire), there's a character named Damon Prytanis who works for a cabal of xenos(funnily enough, called the Cabal). He's a "Perpetual". Remember how Wolverine basically doesn't age due to his healing factor? they're like that.

He affirms in his PoV chapter that he's the guy who shot "The Good Man in Memphis", heavily implying himself to have been the guy who assassinated MLK.

To say that the Horus Heresy novels have jumped the shark is an understatement.
>>
>>49541347
Nobody has medicae?
>>
>>49541347
>First Aid healing [Int Bonus + DoS] doesn't get you into Lightly Wounded.
How badly are you fucking hurt?
>>
>>49542166
No, not yet. Characters are only at 900xp right now.

>>49542182
Unless I'm reading it wrong, Medicae appears to heal Int bonus for Lightly Wounded characters. Only 1 point for Heavily or Critically Wounded, and no bonus for DoS either.
>>
>>49542113
I think GW is layering on the perpetual stuff a bit much.
>>
>>49542303
Honestly, I think anyone beyond Emps and maaybe Vulkan being a Perpetual is fucking dumb.
>>
>>49542324
have a sprinkling of perpetuals as other characters can provide some interesting insights into stuff, so long as they aren't directly causing known history, or being people named Ollanius Pius.
>>
new

>>49542928
>>
>>49540984
Thanks. I don't seem to see it there, but I will keep my eyes open.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.