[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 48

File: Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus.jpg (233KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus.jpg
233KB, 1024x667px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Interplanar Edition - How do we conquer the Multiverse?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

DSP's Forrest started a patreon for her own 3pp company: https://www.patreon.com/forrestfirestudios

Old thread: >>49508038
>>
>>49515027
I was an amazing fighter!
I did things!
Martial things!
They were [good/evil] things that [helped/harmed] my village!
Because I am also [lawful/chaotic]!

I'm all for a reason for a little fluff. Two sentences is all you really need to explain why are you in the town/place and why you are willing to go along with the party.

I really hate the DMs that ask for a longer backstory. It never gets used.
>>
>>49515090

I have the opposite problem where DMs always seem to use my character's backstory, sometimes well and sometimes not.

The measure of a good DM is how they react to bait you put in a backstory; a lover at home, a beloved sister, the kids visiting grandma, things like these that are either used for cheap drama or integrated.

I really wish I could meet a terrible DM that would try to rape or kill a backstory character, because so far I've only run into ones that treat them well.

Fucking abuse me, dammit! Hit me!
>>
I've made the Charisma-based Warpriest archetype, the Cursed Warrior, compatible with Arsenal Chaplain. Additionally, I've included a James Bond-themed psychic magic-using inquisitor archetype that steals stuff from the Mesmerist.

How do you all feel about archetypes that trade the TYPE of spellcasting they get? For example, trading arcane magic for divine magic, or psychic magic? I personally like the idea of them- the Reliquarian Occultist being an Int-based spontaneous divine caster, Onmyoji Spiritualist being a Wisdom-based divine caster instead of a Wisdom-based psychic caster, and other such trades, like the Mindblade and Psychic Sorcerer.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 280x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 280x240px
How would you handle smoking? Like a character, not IRL.
>>
>>49515169
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ujyBSD5vdAobQlyUYrFh5Ku6199-H9na_cRj_NHBag/edit

...Why do I always forget the links?
>>
>>49515175
Normally? What would need to be focused on for a smoking character?
>>
>>49515169
>How do you all feel about archetypes that trade the TYPE of spellcasting they get?
Depends on how they effect the spell list to me. Sometimes trading arcane for say psychic doesn't really complete the feel and some spells needa be added.
>>
>>49515175
By not being an edgelord that thinks smoking is still cool or hip.

Other than that, nothing other than shoving it down people's face. "I TAKE A LONG DRAW FROM MY CIGARETTE WHILE I THINK".

I had someone in my party try to do that shit. My monk punched him in the stomach every time he did.
>>
>>49515213
And yet we have all these drunken master abilities that power you up for drinking alcohol, rather than pretending to be drunk.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>>49515199
I just wanna make it more interesting then occasionally saying, my character starts smoking.
>>
>>49515124
I usually game with the same people, and every time I make a new character for a new campaign I always try to either make them related to a past member of the previous party, or someone impacted by them. Makes a lot of decent plot hooks.
>>
>>49515235
Drunken Master martial arts style fighting is at least funny if nothing else. (They also aren't really drunk).

Cigarette smoke cloud style doesn't seem to exist.

>>49515255
SoL?
Start smoking and have your buddies throw you out because you are smoking inside?
Have your character (and possible actually you) leave the room for a "smoke break" whenever it fits?

A smoking character is stupid because the concept is stupid and there is no way to do it. You can make a character play out being drunk. You can't make a character play out smoking without being a twat.
>>
>>49515090
>>49515075
>I'm all for a reason for a little fluff. Two sentences is all you really need to explain why are you in the town/place and why you are willing to go along with the party.

Hmm. What if your backstory was basically one line per level?

And yeah, the thing about backstories is that they're static and don't affect the character, which develops in play.
>>
>>49515213
Smoking IS cool though.
I mean I don't smoke 'cause I like my lungs the way they are, but it does LOOK cool at least.
>>
File: Bloodborne Laughter Stops.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Laughter Stops.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>GM seems super down for trying out Gestalt and thinks it would be fun
>doesn't actually let the party of only 2 PCs be built with gestalt rules
>GM seems to have no recollection of a week of back and forth discussing the topic

I like my GM but sometimes I worry
>>
>>49515288
Stop lying to yourself anon.
>>
>>49515255
>>49515283
Smoking is basically character flavor. You mention it in one line and it's assumed to be going on otherwise. Putting it front and center all the time is basically like blowing your smoke into peoples' faces.
>>
>>49515283
Because what everyone remembers about Lord of the Rings is groaning every time someone started smoking due to their massive twattery.

Let's be honest. It's fantasy. You can do things that would be horrible ideas in real life, and it's just color in the game.. Like being a dirty barbarian who doesn't take showers.
>>
>>49515124
I tend to go half and half on my player's backstory characters. Any of them that make useful contacts and/or safe havens are usually free of trouble unless the PCs do something shitty and stupid that would logically blow back on them. NPCs that don't serve a purpose to your backstory but still exist will usually be left alone...mostly. I have made exceptions.
>>
>>49515331
>doesn't take showers
Jesus. The mold on his feet. My characters always start with at least a bar of soap unless they start with an int of 7.
>>
>>49515338
Someday one of my players will have a character in their backstory.

I've only got one player who ever writes backstories ever, and they're usually along the lines of
"...And then my unit was betrayed, everyone died but me, and I'm out to get vengeance for my men. That's why I'm chaotic neutral."
"You just burned down a nunnery."
"So?"
"AND YOU LOCKED THE DOORS! JUST TO SEE THEM BURN!"
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 720x949px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 720x949px
>>49515175
> How would you handle a character that vapes?
>>
>>49515169
>How do you all feel about archetypes that trade the TYPE of spellcasting they get?
Depends on the class. For most classes it can work, ut certain classes have to much of their fluff connected with their magic type. Specifically Wizard, Psychic, Cleric, and the other religious types. Also this should be very rare and special. If any caster can just decide to be arcane or divine, the distinctions of arcane, divine and psychic lose their flavor.

I'm much more in favor of archetypes that change casting stat. Though those have to be well balanced, specially coming to or from Charisma. Wis and Int are just better.
>>
File: 1412113692682.jpg (376KB, 1043x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1412113692682.jpg
376KB, 1043x1600px
>>49515404
Like a Shadowrun character.

>>49515314
This is why I email my players.
>>
>>49515408

Yeah. You can't touch the 9-level casters too much- their types of magic (arcane, divine, psychic), methods of magic (prepared, spontaneous), and (mostly) their stats for magic (Cha, Wis, Int) are set in stone.

For 6-level casters, I feel it's a bit more flexibile. The Magus has the Mindblade and Eldritch Scion archetypes, the Investigator has the Psychic Detective and Questioner, the Inquisitor has the Living Grimoire, the Bloodrager even has the Id Rager, the Onmyoji and Reliquarian go from psychic to divine casting.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 720x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 720x586px
>>49515404
> -4 CHA
>>
File: Ernst_Rudolf_Smoking_The_Hookah.jpg (188KB, 657x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ernst_Rudolf_Smoking_The_Hookah.jpg
188KB, 657x1000px
>>49515175

I mean, there's not a whole lot to it. Not really something that needs to be "handled".
>>
>>49515175
I once played a Gamla by the name of Jo'oh. He ended up creating a tabacco plantation on a tropical island and got the natives to take up smoking.
>>
>>49515676
Say what mate? Jo'oh loved cigarettes and he wanted to make sure everyone got to try them. Thats why he made them bargain bin prices, so that everyone could have them.
>>
>>49515676
If the carcinogenic properties of tobacco are unknown, I'd call it neutral.
>>
Are there any products with support for Words of Power besides the Ultimate Magic book where they introduce the system? I'm working on a character for a game with otherwise normal magic that's gonna use WoP (as an ancient form of magic that he discovered in a lost ruin), but there's been literally zero official support for it since it was introduced. I don't mind working from just the basics (the smaller number of words vs. spells is actually one of the major draws for me), but I'd love to see some more options if any have been made.
>>
>>49515712
I think the Interjection Games guy wrote another class that uses them recently. So the content would be there if anywhere.
>>
>>49515175
By being a sneaky fuck about it.

>Alchemist
"I light the weed in my cigar. Its actually a smokestick, and now I have concealment.

>Investigator
"I puff a few smokes from my pipe. Its a wondrous item that grants me Unseen Servant as an ability, and now my servants has unlocked the door from the other side, stole a guard key from the table, and a brought me back my pistol, reloaded, which I dropped on the floor previously"

>Halfling
I puff a few smokes and make a smoke-shaped halfling. Then with a simple prestidigation trick, the smoke looks exactly like me and I can use him to distract the troll while I sneak the other way.

>Kobold
"I take a deep whiff of tobacco, which is actually laced with alchemic charcoal, and I breathe out a thick black cloud which blinds the enemies and reveals invisible creatures"
>>
File: saitama ok.gif (4MB, 552x322px) Image search: [Google]
saitama ok.gif
4MB, 552x322px
>in WotR when you get one of iomedae's questions wrong, the unseen choir deals sonic damage with a save for half
>mfw my character has an ability that lets me take no damage on a successful fort save
>>
>>49515881
I want to hit on Iomedae.
>>
File: 1431376953527.jpg (2MB, 1859x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1431376953527.jpg
2MB, 1859x1859px
>>49515881
>Attempting to resist the TRUMPETS changes your alignment.
>>
>>49515723
Ah, I'm guessing it's the one called "Words of Power Unleashed". Thanks, I'll check it out. Hopefully it doesn't suck, I'd love a new source of cool stuff.
>>
>>49511193
>Paizo releases 1 million arcane magic companions
>Still no PF Incantatrix
>Still no Arcane spellsurge
>Still no Arcane fusion
>Still no Orb spells
>Still no Avasculate
Why must you keep releasing wizard archetypes that no one wants to use?
>>
>>49515879
I actually have a handy list for my investigator:
>Flayleaf
>Smoke sticks
>Investigators' pipe
>Solidsmoke Pipeweed
>Kapre Cigars
>Cigar Holder (its actually a blow dart laced with poison)
>Blinding Cinders
>Choking Smoke
>>
>>49516046
>Cigar Holder (its actually a blow dart laced with poison)

Brilliant!
>>
>Currently running Kingmaker
>Allowed Path of War + Expanded because martials get the short end of the stick.
>Allowed Touhou Battle Grimoire because I wanted to take it easy for this game anyways.
>One player has decided he will become like unto a god.
>One player is from SPAAAAAACE!
>One player is a robot wizard built in Alkenstar
>One player has made it his goal to defeat every enemy in a single punch (His player read OPM before it was cool).

So far, a Werewolf bit the Robot and made him a Werewolf-Robot, because he's technically a humanoid. The space man is just... confused about the whole "magic thing". And they wound up converting the Sootscale Kobolds to the worship of the guy trying to be a god.
>>
>>49514472
There's the Artisan class from drop dead studios, which fits pretty well.
Otherwise a wizard with crafting feats work just as well.
>>
>>49516073
Is it just me or does it feel like there's a sudden rise in people playing Kingmaker?
Starting in lewd kingmaker in a week and I'm just now noticing loads of mentions of it.

Is it just the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon?
>>
>>49516169
Probably. This is our 2nd week of it, I started it because I wanted to take it easy with a nice, slow came where the PCs casually steamroll most fights and spend more time RPing than fighting.
>>
>>49516169
It's weird. I've been GMing Kingmaker for about two months. At least I got you guys to fall back on in case I need advice.
>>
>>49516169
The irony is that lewd Kingmaker isn't a good idea because of succession crises. While you were an adventurer you could pop out bastards everywhere, but now people will use them as figureheads and weapons. Kinda unfair to the poor kids.
>>
>>49516345
With all the party being female(except one who is undecided) I think trying to have lots of children would be a bit impractical in the first place
>>
>>49516169
Hopefully they know to abandon ship and rewrite the last book. Its complete horseshit. A strong start for the AP, but a horrible finish.
>>
Question for any DSP folk around (or anyone who's seen them answer this question before): say I'm a non-initiator who took Wisdom in the Flesh to use Wisdom instead of Dexterity on Stealth, then I take Martial Training I (Veiled Moon)... is my initiator level equal to half my level plus my Dexterity, or half my level plus my Wisdom? Do I use the original ability score of the discipline skill, or do I use the ability score that I use for the discipline skill?
>>
>>49516569
You use wisdom right now. 99% sure after the errata it will use Dex.
>>
>>49516345
Does that really matter when the guy the party is setting up to be King is an immortal God-King? His portfolio being science, technology, and nuclear fusion? Who is so charismatic that a slap from him, the sort meant to snap a man out of his idiocy, can hurt as badly as a shortsword being swung by a man with 18 Strength?

Because such is the nature of Holy Ithmander, God of the Atom's Warmth.

>>49516349
Yeah, from the look of that I can see why the GM ragequit. To start, he's a fucking shitty GM who doesn't know how to play his NPCs properly (they should have heard you when you beating the guy, as attacking someone, even in their sleep, is not quiet, and in fact constitutes "Sound of Battle". Yes, even if you roll Stealth.).

Unless you were Coup-De-Gracing people, but that can't be right, as you took them non-lethally.

(In other words, 99.9% sure you either cheated, talked your GM into allowing things that aren't allowed in the rules without having an extensive number of feats and or vigilante talents, or your GM had no idea what the fuck he was doing).
>>
Thinking of making a Theologian cleric with the Ash domain. What're some good feats I could take? Should I go human for the bonus feat or Half-Orc/Elf for the favored class bonus? No 3pp and it's coming in at level 6.
>>
>>49516780
>Should I go human for the bonus feat or Half-Orc/Elf for the favored class bonus?

Why not Ifrit? the Cha/Wis sucks but its thematic.
>>
>>49516816
It is very thematic, and I was considering it, but again that CHA/WIS hit reeeeally sucks.
>>
>characters come into conflict over their methods
>"character drama! Lets see how they handle this"
>players bicker in ooc, complain to me gm in private
WHY CANT YOU CUNTS
R O L E P L A Y
>>
>>49515881
Stalwart or?
>>
File: 1460234510598.jpg (78KB, 537x768px) Image search: [Google]
1460234510598.jpg
78KB, 537x768px
Do you guys consider judgement light to be a good spell?
I can maybe think of it being decent after like 3rd judgement, but at second two abilities still seems kinda lackluster.
Is that just me?
What are the ones you're supposed to be casting with it?
I can see smiting being a rather large buff with a large party of mainly martials, but otherwise... eh.
>>
File: 1470690945601.jpg (40KB, 550x777px) Image search: [Google]
1470690945601.jpg
40KB, 550x777px
Hey there, /pfg/

Can I get some more input and criticisms for my homebrew class? I'd gladly appreciate it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit
>>
>>49513553
>>49513652
>>49514243
>>49513255
>>49513288

Clearly this needs to be a PbP somewhere.
>>
>>49517225
>Characters come into conflict due to in campaign reasons
>Expect character drama
>Instead the most experienced player begins plotting the most elaborate way to destroy the group one at a time using the mechanics to his full advantage
>Combat is the quietest thing in the world as people begin keeping their actions in secret with player going "Give me a DC XX Spellcraft check to see what spell I'm casting, oh wait you didn't put points into spellcraft so now you have no Idea what I'm doing."
>Refuses to craft for them on the grounds that he has a "project list as long as his arm"
>Every important NPC that the pcs rely on for items have either been paid off or replaced with a simulacrum
>All wondrous item orders by other PCs are still being crafted by him through said proxies
>Literally all their new items as well as some of the old ones that they brought in for repairs has now been cursed
>He literally has them at their mercy while pretending to not have a chance and acting frustrated at being outmaneuvered at the table
I guess a noobstomp isnt such a bad thing to witness from time to time.
>>
File: 1474879930327.png (255KB, 550x777px) Image search: [Google]
1474879930327.png
255KB, 550x777px
>>49517403
Hey anon I have no balance input but I liked the concept so I copied it to this. Feel free to add whatever you want to it/disregard completely.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/edit/rygcRSdIa
>>
>>49517852
I like it. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>49516691
>Local Authorities
>Kingmaker

Nigga, you ARE the local authorities.

And yeah, the GM brought that upon himself.

>>49516875
Nothing's angering me, so much as I suspected that they did... well, exactly what they did. Which was talk the GM into allowing them abilities that they do not actually possess.
>>
>>49518237
>make it impossible to perform a coup de grace with a bow or a crossbow.
>You can also use a bow or crossbow
Wat
>>
>>49517225

It's worse when you're the only one trying to roleplay out the issue, and everyone either ignores you, stares at you like you've got a third eye, gets unreasonably hostile to your character or gets turbo butthurt at the DM actually rewarding the person trying to play their character.

Know what's always a hoot? Letting yourself lose if the argument turns violent. It seems like people never want to describe their characters getting battered and beaten anymore, which is a shame since that's so much more fun than endless victory.
>>
>>49518254
You can use them if adjacent, but not for silent sniper kills.
>>
It's not bullshit to say "yeah fullplate in this world is designed in such a way you can put in on by yourself." right?
>>
>>49516610
>? His portfolio being science, technology, and nuclear fusion?
Um, what fucking class covers all of that?
>>
>>49518584

Most people who buy full plate are murderhobo loners, so yes it's not unreasonable.

HOWEVER, if you want to actually give significance to the character getting a suit of full plate, associate the armor with getting a knightly title or something similar, and with that comes a scrappy young man/woman who insists on sharpening your sword, feeding/watering your horse, putting on your armor and hanging off every word of wisdom that drips off your tongue.

GIVE THEM A SQUIRE, MASTER/STUDENT RELATIONSHIPS ARE AMAZING.
>>
>>49518805
This just makes me miss the older editions when fighters got a free keep, land and followers. Certainly gave them connections to the world.
>>
https://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2016/04/dragons-are-above-my-pay-grade.html
Where can one find this AP without paying?
>>
>>49519421
>Certainly gave them connections to the world.

Silly anon, Paizo does not encourage you to get a solid connection to the world unless it's Kingmaker; you are merely a visitor of their magical realm!
>>
Does anyone have the condition cards to download? I mean the official ones with the goblins.
>>
>>49518707
Were firearms even in the game when the rules firt came out? It's still shitty wording, regardless.
>>
I want to play a pow expanded mystic, using elemental flux maneuvers. What other discipline would work well and complement it? Also, what interesting race could I pick?
>>
>>49519735
>What other discipline would work well and complement it?

Piercing Thunder and Primal Fury are pretty good, as for an interesting race it really depends on the mood and tone of the campaign... However I've always enjoyed the Tiefling for Elemental Flux.
>>
Quick question:

Inquisitor Smiting Judgment - can it

A) Be applied to thrown items, like a flask of water;
B) Turn a flask of water into holy water (it does imbue the weapon with divine energy)
>>
>>49519768
No set in stone campaign I just like making characters. I was thinking a dumb orc because it fits mystic playstyle of not controlling the maneuvers
>>
>>49519735
If you want to go MAXIMUM DAMAGE then you want Mithral Current, along with that feat that turns silver vulnerability into elemental vulnerability.
>>
>>49519768
Piercing Thunder and Primal Fury have absolutely nothing that makes them sync with Elemental Flux.

A super good unorthodox discipline for the mystic is sleeping goddess.
Makes a lot of use of Autohypnosis, a wisdom skill, and most of all its style feat + psionic meditation lets you use a move action to bypass mystic's random recovery and get any readied maneuver you want.
As /another/ bonus, you can change your active element every time you do this.
>>
>>49519735
Solar Wind allows you to change its damage type to your active Elemental Flux element if you take a feat, so you can become a cool elemental archer.
>>
>>49519874
A) Yes. B) No. It's still just a flask of water, it deals no damage.
>>
How well does Automatic Bonus Progression work for simulating a low-magic campaign/setting? Are there any tweaks that need to be made to it? What are YOUR experiences with it? How would YOU simulate a "lower fantasy" kind of game in Pathfinder (i.e few high-level casters, most are six-level casters, etc.) using Automatic Bonus Progression, by modifying it or otherwise?

I'm asking these questions because I've got a campaign in mind, set in a homebrew setting, and I'm not intent on switching to 5e for it because I prefer the wealth of options that 3.pf brings. I'm thinking of using Spheres of Power in conjunction with Automatic Bonus Progression.
>>
>>49520075

Thanks!
>>
>>49520177
Honestly, just keep the stat ups and resistance bonuses. Atonement is weird out of the box.

Refluff +X Weapons as just being high quality blades. Ban magic item crafting

Really, you could just refluff all but the most bizarre enchantments as being a mundane inventions.
>>
How do you guys deal with rolling a lot of D6s or D8s?

I have two sets of Chessex dice currently, one of each of my characters, but we are starting to hit the point where we need more than 2-3 D6/D8.
>>
>>49520177
>How would YOU simulate a "lower fantasy" kind of game in Pathfinder

I wouldn't. Literally any other system will be better for that.
>>
>>49520268
Not really, but that really depends on what you consider to be lower fantasy.
>>
>>49516349
I still believe the Stag Lord's Fort is one of Paizo's most well-made endings in a book 1. Tons of ways you can get past it, and the combat with the entire fort is one of the most memorable battles in any campaign for my group.
>>
>>49517225
>had some character drama on the ship in skull and shackles
>level 1 brawler beats up my level 1 druid
>little does he know i have create water
>solidify his position on the ship as the guy who pisses himself in bed every night

D A M A G E D
>>
>>49520238
Buy more dice? Or use a dice rolling program. I use one when I play my high level TWF rogue.
>>
>>49520404

The absolute madman!
>>
How can I achieve this in 3.5/PF? Do you know of any spells, feats or items or anything that could let me get some of this?

What I want, is to be able to explode my arm in a shower of gore, and have a monster arm in it's place, and then be able to revert back later. I'm willing to work towards this at a higher level, and it can be a expensive or exhausting ability. It doesn't have to be something I can do at will.

I'm gonna talk to my DM about it tonight, too, but he's still pretty new to tabletop and doesn't really know much beyond base rules, so I wanna have some stuff to show him.
>>
>>49520850
Yeah, I got the urge to character build while masturbating on Gelbooru.
>>
>>49520792
There are any number of abilities you could fluff like that(at least, assuming your GM is willing to work with you). http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/beast-totem-lesser-su is just the first to come to mind.
>>
>>49520912

That's got to be the single most /tg/ thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>49520850

>Implying people don't get their greatest character ideas while jerking it
>>
>>49520792
The closest thing I can think of is the demon talon which lets you amputate a limb and replace with a claw.
>>
>>49521063
>amputate dick
>receive clawdick
>>
>>49520985
Nice, this could work. Do you know of any that could work for a fighter or wizard, so I could work it into my current character? Or do you know any websites or keywords that could help me find stuff?
>>
>>49521105
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/monstrous-extremities
There are also a number of other transmutation spells you might want to look at.

Fighter, eh...mutation warrior + feral mutagen is probably the closest you'll find.
>>
File: 1404110325896.jpg (49KB, 736x970px) Image search: [Google]
1404110325896.jpg
49KB, 736x970px
>>49520792

Synthesist (PF), Abberant aegis (PF/DSP), Master of many forms (3.5 prestige), Feral hunters (PF), Fiendbound marauders (PF/DSP).

There are more, but those are what I can recall on a moment's notice. Most will need slight refluffing, though.
>>
>>49520792
Natural Attack Barbarian
Natural Attack Psychic Warrior
Natural Attack Blood Rager
Feral Heart Soulknife.
>>
File: 1474688833386.png (273KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1474688833386.png
273KB, 600x550px
>mfw E8 gestalt campaign on Myth-Weavers with full PoW support offers your the chance to flesh out your character's homeland
>mfw all of the homelands created are either populated by beastfolk or extremely generic

What are some nifty ideas for a kingdom or even duchy, lads? Should I make the Dutch, or French?
>>
>>49520792

Well, there's a feat from Horror Adventures called Gruesome Shapechange, or something like that. When you use a Change Shape ability, you explode out of your skin in a shower of gore that leaves a patch of difficult terrain and forces enemies to make a save or be sickened for a full minute.

However, it requires you to have the Shapechanger subtype, and I'm not sure if partial transformations qualify.
>>
>>49521353

Why not Siam?
>>
>>49521402

I don't know nothing about Siam, anon.
>>
>>49520792
If 3rd-Party is on the table, the Fiendbound Marauder is a perfect replica for that. Move action to turn a gauntlet (which comes with almost every set of armor, or you can buy one separately for a pittance) into a 1d8 1-handed reach-and-adjacent weapon with Grab, explicitly noted to often look like a demonic hand.
>>
>>49521353

>Country Name:
Capre
>Nickname:
Land of a Thousand Lakes
>Government:
Constitutional Monarchy split into three sections. Thirty years ago the bright and glorious cultural revolution raged and changed the country, forcing the Archduke of Capre to sign several papers. The first was the paper of intent for succession from the larger Deneheian empire. The second was the constitution establish the rights of the people and a two house parliament system. Immediately afterwards they removed his arms so that no noble may "Raise their hands against the people". This has been done to his son as well when he took his position as Archduke. The parliament is separated into the House of Masters and the House of Commons. The house of Commons is made up of any individual with sufficient property value that wishes to speak, and where legislature is introduced. It is a roil of opinions as people come and go on their whims. One not even need be a citizen to speak in the house of commons. The House of Masters is chosen by vote of those qualified to speak in the House of Commons. They vote on legislature introduced.
>Landscape:
Wet and humid, numerous marshes and marshlands cut through the country of a thousand lakes, forcing the people to live in and around water.
>Size:
Single large metropolitan population central named Mordrin, it is a city on a lake with a canal dug to the sea and serves as the trade center of the region. Most other settlements are small, settling onto lakes to feed through the streams and rivers towards Modrin to connect to the outside world. So middling population on a whole.
>Imports/Exports:
Exports: Rice, Various Fish (large canning industry), duck-wheat, waterfowl, horseradish, lumber (river birch, willow), botanicals, alcohol, textiles
Imports: Iron, Glass, various metal goods, jewlery, spices, hardwoods, coal
>>
>>49520792
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warder/warder-archetypes/fiendbound-marauder-warder-archetype

Just describe it as your arm exploding and then later rehealing.
>>
>>49521811
>Relations:
Strained with the Deneheians due to their leaving thirty years prior they have instead found an ally in the Vilgoths on their other boarder, who have tried to coerce them into joining the larger Republic. They have played with the idea, but for now have maintained their independence.

>Ruler:
Archduke Hadrian Coore, an impotent leader used as a figure head to blame the country's woes on. After the loss of his arms at age 19, his father having passed away, he harbors a bitter hatred for the country. Indeed his life is that of a prison, guards ensuring he does not commit suicide to spite the country, and ensuring an heir is produced.

First Master Morgoth is an elderly man, now relegated to use of a cane. He is the longest standing member of the House of Masters and an important figure in the cultural revolution, having lead the Uprising at Bare Bridge to take the royal manor, despite being outnumberd. As a war hero he used his prestige to gain power, and now sits atop the country. He is a hard liner against joining the republic.

Master Ulsvar is a former member of the Republic now living permanently in Capre, and is a main voice in it joining the republic.

Master Yiller is the current high lord general of the military, and the most anti-nobility master, in his mind the Archduke's position should be done away with in its entirety.

Bellgin Moore, master of the Wick Dippers guild, an organization born during the cultural revolution. The Wax Dippers were the first to rebel and numerous artisans flocked to their sides. Now it exists as a monolithic trade entity of patchwork industries. Their control on the country is their ownership of Modrin's docks and most domestic ships. Despite this he has never sought mastership and only occasionally graced the House of Commons with his presence.
>>
>>49521353
Was thinking about joining it but honestly, I am not sure if PbP format is meant to hold bigger campaigns.
>>
>>49520792
Viscera Kineticist from Kineticists of Porphyra gets something like that. They can pick and choose Eidolon customizations, and I'm certain that they can do stuff like what you wants.
>>
Is there such a thing as a PoW archetype for the druid?
>>
Orgy Golem? Orgy Golem.
>>
>>49522059

PbP are the only kinds of campaigns that can handle big parties or big plots.

What were you planning to make?
>>
What kind of maneuvers should a Ordained Defender Zweihander Sentinel Warder use? Eternal Guardian looks super cool, especially if I take the Conversion Inquisition at 3rd. Would a focus into Silver Crane, Eternal Guardian and Scarlet Throne be nice theme for a "SICKNESS MUST BE PURGED" or would Elemental Flux be better than Crane in that regard due to fire/electric and not needing to be good?
>>
>GM for a not bad group, maybe a 6/10 on their good days.
>The guy who is always late and has been playing for years but is still struggling with the simplest of rules says he wants to run a game.
>He expects me to join in this venture
>>
>>49522285
I've always liked the idea of using the Silver Crane "can be used to damage possessing creatures" maneuvers as a sort of hard-line inquisitor type thing.

"So you say that you didn't kill the orphans, you're possessed by an evil demon? Alright, stand still, we'll see if you're telling the truth right now. And if you're not..."
>>
>>49522248
>PbP are the only kinds of campaigns that can handle big parties or big plots.

PbP is utterly TERRIBLE for parties larger than 2 if you want things to move at anything faster than glacial speed.
>>
>>49522285

Eternal Guardian is awful, go Silver Crane, Primal Fury and Scarlet Throne.
>>
I like the concept of steel cobra but it seems rather weak when compared to the other maneuvers. Is there a combo that makes this better?
>>
>>49522368
Whats wrong with Eternal Guardian?
>>
>>49522349

>tfw a DM insists on accepting every player that showed interest

He's running three parties of four and I got yelled at when I said that's too damn many.

Whatever, when the campaign dies seven months later and we've only had one combat encounter than I think I'll have some choice words to rub in his face.

Or not, I think I'll just quit.
>>
>>49522392

It doesn't really do anything a Warder doesn't already do from its class abilities. It's a waste of maneuvers better spent on disciplines that actually offer something.
>>
>>49522368
Anon meant "Eternal Guardian is terrible for as warder".
>>
>>49515090

My issue isn't with longer backstories: it's when DMs ask for longer back stories and don't read and/or account for them at all in-story. Why don't I just pluck an a statblock from the book if you aren't going to care?
>>
>>49522419
>>49522436
So what about going things like Riven Hourglass or Elemental Flux as a warder? Primal Fury doesn't seem that great in the lower levels at a glance; am I missing something?
>>
>>49522248
>PbP are the only kinds of campaigns that can handle big parties or big plots.
From my experience more people means waiting forever for replies. The chance of someone flaking also rises. Really, it's like with live games but stretched out in time

>What were you planning to make?
Some kind of giantblood Warder with Fool's Errand, Iron Tortoise and Golden Lion/Eternal Guardian. Decked in full plate and tower shield, hurricane of slashes, bashes and kicks. Didn't know about the other half of gestalt, maybe Brawler? Admitedly, I am not very experienced with Pathfinder which is the other reason I'm hesitating.
>>
>>49522623

Honestly is sounds like you want Warlord (Steelfist Commando) / Barbarian (Armored Hulk.)
>>
>>49522537

Primal Wrath is a guaranteed kill well into level 3, and by 5-7 you've got Impaling Strike and the ever-glorious Cornered Frenzy Strike.

Elemental Flux is a fantastic discipline though, go for it!
>>
>>49522697
I get that some of the level 4 and beyond maneuvers of Primal Fury are great at hp damage (mostly on a charge) but that doesn't sound great in terms of increasing options in melee.
>>
>>49515404
He's like some kinda genie, appearing out of smoke. So logically, I only allow genies, genie-kin, and characters with some significant connection to genies vape.
>>
>>49522800
How would you rate the rest of Eternal Guardian? Fear the Reaper seems like a good counter, though not as good as the 2nd level ones in Riven Hourglass or Mithral Current.
>>
Okay, I'm trying to use my college education to make a sheet that will basically tell me (using statistics and averages) what the best options are in certain situations.

I've figured out that with an STR mod of 0, a Greataxe is better than a masterwork bastard sword, but the stronger you are, the more that +1 attack roll pays off.
How off am I?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlfi5z3oYU1zXCcRvFqG5iYQDKqXI-9srsiXfVEERZw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>49522968
Wrong a saurus rex sempai
>>
>>49523013
elaborate pls
>>
Theoretical Highest Strength:

Alchemist 16/Dragon Disciple 4 VMC Barbarian

18 (base) + 4 (reincarneted into Bugbear) + 6 (belt) + 6 (strength of the beast) + 5 (levels) + 6 (simulacrum of whore queen) + 8 (mutagen) + 4 (dragon disciple) + 10 (form of the dragon III) + 6 (greater rage)= 73

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>49522968
>>49523013
fug, I left the MW bastard sword with a critical threat of 3
wrongaroony
>>
>>49522968
From my experience doing extra damage on hit matters less and less the worse your attack bonus and the inverse is also true. When you have a avg 30 damage per hit but only a 60% chance to hit the +5% to hit is worth more than a +1 damage.

This slightly changes when you start to factor multiple hits or high critical builds. The extra damage goes a lot farther than before, sometimes outweighing an extra attack.

But if it's a case like Power Attack, you're only trading 1 attack for 3 damage which tends to come out on top, at least while 2-handing. TWF and PA are a bit strange to work together.
>>
>>49523018
The math is wrong
>>
>>49522968
Why are you comparing a masterwork bastard sword to a regular greataxe in the first place? A mw greataxe would cost less than a mw bastard sword.
>>
>>49523028
Have you considered doing a short guide on the good options within each discipline? I've noticed a trend in your recommended maneuvers/disciplines and it'd be nice to get a full list to refrence.
>>
>>49523053
because that's what I have right now, and I was wondering which is better.

>>49523050
>>49523043

I literally whipped it up 5 minutes ago, so I'm still fixing shit and adding stuff

Which parts of the math stuck out as wrong to you?
>>
>>49523038
I'm not sure it'd fit into the build but a Brutal Slayer Stalker gets a scaling bonus to strength, I think it's a profane bonus
>>
>>49523176
Unfortunately the build already has a +6 profane bonus.
>>
>>49522285
>Ordained Defender Zweihander Sentinel Warder
Jesus Christ this third party shit is starting to sound like some white Debbie ordering a drink at Starbucks
>>
>>49523176
It has a Morale, Profane, Alchemical, Inherent, Enhancement, Size, and Racial bonus to strength.

So Sacred, Luck, Competence, and Insight are what is still open.
>>
>>49515049
So what happens to the people on the bridges when the gears turn and the bridges between them break? Do those people just fall into the abyss and die?
>>
>>49523038
How do you qualify for DD?
>>
>>49523212
It's better than Lore-Warden Martial Master Myrmidon VMC Barbarian Fighter
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 262x257px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 262x257px
Has anyone played a Cleric using the Black Powder Inquisition as one of their domains? How'd it play out?
>>
>>49523294
>giving up domain spells
>using black powder inquition
Choose none of the above, ever
>>
>>49523038
Should go Alchemist 6/Evangelist 10/Dragon Disciple 4.

At 10 levels in Evangelist you can take on a "spiritual" form for 1 minute per character level, and it gives you an untyped +4 bonus to an Ability score of your choice.

So that would give you a 77 strength.
>>
>>49523312
I guess the trade off isn't as comparable to archetypes that make you use one, huh?
>>
>>49523408
How about things like Infinity Mirror Stance, Time skitter, Temporal Body adjustments and other condition removal/reroll saving throws counters/boosts?
>>
How stupid of an idea is it to let an Oracle use one of their revelations to give their animal companion both the Speak With Master ability and the scaling Int of a familiar?
>>
>>49523294
As per usual, if you want guns, its just better to dip in gunslinger.
For some reason paizo thinks guns is OMG BEST THING EVAR and every archetype or option that gives you guns is pretty much a monkey paw deal.
>>
>>49523313
Wait, being only Alchemist 6 would reduce his mutagen bonus by 4, meaning you lose 4 alchemical to gain 4 untyped. So a net 0.
>>
>>49523243
You're right I didn't realize it was "thought preparation". It would have to be through a racial ability.
>>
>Player wants his character to be the victim of Gyronna cultists ruining his family life and leaving him angry and destitute, leading to a life of adventure and mistrust of women or relationships

Is this a thing that happens in the lore? It smells like a fedora from where I'm sitting.
>>
>>49523715
Ask him on his real life opinion on women. If its not the same as his character there is a small chance he is just doing this just so you don't throw a magical realm down his throat.
"Hate women" is the new "all my family is dead"
>>
>>49523038
Greater Rage grants a smaller bonus than Blood Rage, which can get you up to 77. You also seem to be missing the +5 from Wish?
>>
>>49523715

Gyronna is called The Angry Hag for a reason, anon.

She's a spiteful man-hater that targets women with terrible tastes in men and convinces them THEY aren't the ones at fault, it's the MEN who did it, they're blameless!
>>
>>49523038
On that topic, what's the theoretical highest Intelligence?
>>
>>49523758

He seemed kind of embarrassed when I asked why he chose that backstory, apparently he chose it because he wanted his character to start the campaign in a "very rough shape, emotionally" and get him to climb out of his funk through NPCs and self-confidence from adventure.

He chose the women thing because, and I quote, "I've never seen it done before, and it's not something he could just fix by stabbing the bad guy and poof, his problems are gone."
>>
>>49523038
Blood Reservoir Of Physical Prowess?
>>
>>49523924
18 (base) + 4 (variant tiefling) + 6 (belt) + 5 (levels) + 5 (wishes) + 6 (simulacrum) + 3 (aging) + 3 (that one book from occult adventures) + 8 (grand cognatogen) + 2 (grand discovery) = 60

As a pure alchemist.
>>
>>49523780
You get Greater Rage through VMC which you can't get for blood rager.

Strength of the Beast is an inherent bonus and doesn't stack with wishes.

>>49523950
I was concerned with semi-permanent bonus, not one round.
>>
>>49523941
This is what I would do: I would let him have it only if there are no actual women at the table.
If he turns out to be a fedora master in a party full of guys it could still lead to some funny stories worst case scenario.
>>
File: 1449647026929.png (6KB, 220x184px) Image search: [Google]
1449647026929.png
6KB, 220x184px
>>49523941
Sounds legit to me!
>>
File: FD6mURM.png (346KB, 1768x1543px) Image search: [Google]
FD6mURM.png
346KB, 1768x1543px
What's the best class/archetype(s) that *isn't wizard for shitting out debuffs, buffs, utility, battlefield control, or basically anything not just spitting out damage, around early levels, to around mid level?
>>
>>49524028
You misunderstand.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blood-rage
>>
>>49524156

Oracle and Bard?
>>
>>49524156
Mesmerist is pretty good for mindfuckery, like a more focused bard
>>
>>49524156
Cleric, druid, oracle, bard, arcanist, sorcerer
>>
>>49523941

>Player has the gumption to try and go for a complicated backstory
>Come to /pfg/ and look for a reason to shut it done

The fact you're feeling something about the character getting his life fucked up by servants to the *hag goddess of man-hate* means the backstory is working.
>>
>>49524156
Witch is a giant pile of buffs and debuffs. If you want your friends to have good days while your enemies are so miserable they welcome death, play a witch.
>>
>>49524169
>>49524217
>>49524182
I don't see myself ever running a bard or mesmerist (it just really doesn't appeal to me)
but Oracle seems interesting. Anything I should avoid when building a character? Like, mysteries or curses or archetypes wise.

I tend to fall into a lot of seemingly good trap picks when I roll up characters.
>>
>>49524161
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blood-rage
Huh, yeah ok that works.
>>
>>49524287
One of the best oracles builds now is something like a half-elf Ancient Lorekeeper Lunar Oracle that takes Human FCB, for a lot of good revelations and spell choices
>>
>>49524287
Haunted and Tongues are probably the two least-fucked curses, most people pick those ones.
>>
Unfortunately even though I saw a fair amount of interest in the possible mythic game I decided to go with Engines of War (the goblinoid conquest game) instead.

Here are a few things I want to say about it however:
>The players are all members of a lesser goblinoid tribe caught up in the tides of war.
>The first session will be character creation, all character must be within 4 years of age as they are part of the same battalion and entered into training near the same age.
>The characters will begin at birth as I present them were a series of situations and choices, these will help influence some initial stats for their tribe and certain NPC in the tribe.
>Some situations during this "childhood" section will only be there if certain classes are present.
>The result of these choices may even give an additional trait/drawback if extreme enough.
>This will help shape how the game begins and the context under which the characters know and interact with one another.
>The game will begin approximately 8 months into the war of conquest outside the gates of a fortified city, beginning with the siege.

Does this sound interesting to anyone?
>>
File: Some of them.png (312KB, 395x568px) Image search: [Google]
Some of them.png
312KB, 395x568px
>>49524364
I get what each word means individually, but don't quite get what they mean in reference to being oracle stuff.
Human FCB? That one completely passes over my head for some reason.
>>
>>49524447
>Does this sound interesting to anyone?

No, because most of us here aren't interested in playing goblinoids.
>>
>>49524391
>tounges
Oh man, that sounds hysterical, I'm taking that probably.
Haunted actually seems pretty fucked up, but the spell selection is nice.
>>
>>49524450
>half-elf
This would be your race (and counts as both elf and human for taking Favored Class Bonuses)

>Ancient Lorekeeper
Archetype

>Lunar
Mystery
>>
>>49524450
since I'm in a spoonfeeding mood

>human FCB
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle#TOC-Favored-Class-Bonuses
>Lunar Mystery
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/lunar-mystery
>Ancient Lorekeeper
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/elf/ancient-lorekeeper-oracle-elf
>>
>>49524477
Why, if I may ask?

Book of Woes has:
>Humans
>Gigantopithecus like humanoid
>Neaderthal like humanoid
>Parasite that attaches to mammalian humanoids
>Amphibious giant newt like humanoid

So not exactly normal races there either.
>>
>>49524520
>>49524535
Right, thanks guys.

It was actually just more of a joke, I was googling everything but FCB, feels dumb to have not gotten that now.
>>
>>49524447
I would be interested.
>>
>>49524557

Because despite the memes, not a whole lot of us are really into playing rape monsters or evil ugly green people.
>>
>>49524535
>>49524520
So the Lorekeeper get wiz/sorc spells as the bonus spells but a level higher? what does that even mean?
>>
>>49524668
Burning Hands would be a 2nd level spell, Fireball would be a 4th level spell, etc.
>>
>>49524635
The thing is about Hobgoblins is they aren't even naturally evil, and are certainly not rape monsters.

I agree with you on goblins however, they are a species are hedonistic sociopaths.

I planned on reigning a lot of that in for the character guide, since if I was to package it as an AP I can't use goblinoid fluff from golarion. As well because I am adding more subraces I planned on creating a unified fluff and made them less generically evil hedonists (at least for goblins and bugbears).

Though I agree, they aren't humanly beautiful. A lot of /pfg/ wants "lewdness" in their games so it wouldn't work for them. Personally I don't prescribe to that.

Personally I love hobgoblins and other goblinoids as characters. Me being an autistic fuck I never gave a thought to others not loving goblinoids.
>>
>>49524557
I would have gone for a Human in Book of Woes anyway.
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (10KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
10KB, 250x241px
Is Guardian a good Mythic Path for a Warder, or am I better off going Champion?
>>
>>49524699
That's what happened last time I tried to run it. Everyone played humans except for one parasite character (who was attached to a human).
>>
File: 1436159037730.jpg (416KB, 606x800px)
1436159037730.jpg
416KB, 606x800px
>>49524696
>A lot of /pfg/ wants "lewdness" in their games so it wouldn't work for them

If you're implying we wouldn't want to play rape-happy monsters in a campaign about conquering human cities than *oh boy* are you in for a big surprise.
>>
>>49524725
Do you consider that a bad thing? Most people don't want to play homebrew races they've never heard of before the campaign they would be in.
>>
>>49524725
>That's what happened last time I tried to run it. Everyone played humans except for one parasite character (who was attached to a human).

Anon, I think that's a sign the other races were boring or unappealing than anything else.

People don't just want "different", they want "different but can still fit into a theme or archetype."

Playing a giant Bigfoot does not lend itself to imagining him as a mighty wizard or indomitable soldier, whereas an Elf or even lizard-thing does.
>>
>>49524744
Generally I don't support "lewd" games beyond fade to black.

>>49524772
I mean not really. It just makes me a tad sad when I make race stats and they remain unused.

>>49524784
I thought of the Gigantopithecus as good for an archetypical barbarian or druids. Neanderthal filled a role similar to dwarves in stature but culturally were a repressed slave race.

I modeled the parasites after a combination of the Handlingers and Zerg.

The amphibious race was something akin to a species from a book I read, they had a staggered puberty (as in multiple stages of development that would start and stop at different ages).

I agree the two humanoid like ones aren't super interesting, but I did like the other two.
>>
Is there a Oracle spell selection guide that isn't from 2014?
>>
>>49524535
>>49524520
I'm original anon, and like >>49524668 I'm not really seeing the benefit of Ancient lorekeeper.
They miss out on Acrobatics, Knowledge (nature), Perception, and Survival, for 2 knowledge skills and "I know elves" and having wizard spells, but as a level higher. While I got what that means, why the fuck would you want that?
What spells would possibly make that worth it, especially at low level?
>>
>>49524826
Kitsune posting is actually against 4chan rules. Which is a bit stupid given TTRPGs often have furry races to play as.

>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"), anthropomorphic ("furry") or grotesque ("guro") images, post number GETs ("dubs"), or loli/shota pornography.

Although if this means I don't have to look at any books written by Augunas then I'm okay with that.
>>
>>49524903
>kitsunes are furries
Paizo go and stay go
>>
>>49524898
>what is blood money?
>what is mirror image?
>what is haste ?

Its like a mystic theurge that doesn't suck
>>
>>49524897
Doubtful. No one wants to sift through the monstrosity that is the Cleric/Oracle spell list more than once. Besides, very few good spells have come out since then.

Just make sure you pick up Paragon Surge and you'll be fine.
>>
File: f3kdo32c_7.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
f3kdo32c_7.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
So! How'd your weekend go, /pfg/? Anything fun happen, in-game or otherwise?
>>
>>49523468
Anyone? Anyone at all?

Only tangentially related, but how does /pfg/ feel about birds? What birds have you taken as animal companions or familiars in your games?
>>
>>49524923
They're on the furry scale! Just like skinchangers and therianthropes. We can't post those either according to the rules!
>>
>>49524925
Didn't they nerf Paragon surge or something?
>>
>>49524903
Only full furry kitsunes are. Most kitsune posting is really just foxgirls with ears and tail(s) and nothing else.
>>
File: Rainbirb.jpg (336KB, 2591x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbirb.jpg
336KB, 2591x1704px
>>49524937
Birbs a best

>>49524948
They did, but not enough to make it not the best spell you can possibly have
>>
>>49524949
Depends on the janitor.
>>
>>49524903
We can't talk about Paizo kitsunes. DSP youkais are fair game.
>>
>>49524979
Shame, I wanted to be the best enchanter sorcerer!
>>
>>49524903

What's that from?
>>
>>49524937
Ravens and Thrushes make the best familiars because of their speech, with Owls coming close with their Perception bonus.

As for animal companions, I had an owl named Liam who was better in melee than the scythe-swinging Druid I was playing. Flyby Attack+Mobility+amazing fly speed is nice against squishy backliners.
>>
>>49524986
Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu - It's a pretty cute 4koma.
>>
>>49524985
Nowt stopping you. The only main mechanical difference is that the shape shifting is either touhou or animal, nothing in between.

The alternate races are more different though.
>>
>>49524968
Did Paragon Surge used to let you choose what feat/subsequent choices at each casting?
>>
>>49524924
While I've never seen blood money before and think it's fantastic:
I was thinking more early level stuff for one, and mirror image is now 3rd and haste is 4th level... that still doesn't seem quite worth it, especially if you might have another character in the party who can haste.
>>
Do temporary Dex increases give you additional initiative? would that make a difference?
>>
>>49524925
>>49524968
Not same anon, but is there recommended feats to get with paragon surge? or is it just "get whatever would be next on your list, combat-wise"
>>49525098
Yeah.
Yeah.
>>
>>49525022
Yes, and it allowed you to cast it to get the Expanded Arcana feat to gain access to any spell spontaneously.

Now any decision you make about the feat the first time you cast Paragon Surge remains for the rest of the day, but you can still use it to get whatever you want the first time, and you can usually choose something good enough to keep it relevant for the rest of the day.

>>49525098
Yes
>>
Why are Vigilante archetypes SO COOL?

Hangman, Serial Killer, and Experimenter are great.

Vigilante somehow has ended up as my second favorite class.
>>
>>49525107
>>49525121
how does that extra initiative work? like if I cast cat's grace on turn 2 of combat, what happens?
>>
>>49525140
It doesn't.
>>
>>49525137
And of those 3, one is actually functional!
>>
>>49525158
So initiative order never changes after the initial roll other than delaying?
>>
>>49525107
>is there recommended feats to get with paragon surge?
Generally things that give you the ability to do things you wouldn't normally be able to do are good.
I'm partial to Extra Revelation at low levels if I need some utility I couldn't otherwise afford.

Taking the next combat feat you would take anyway is kind of a waste unless it's a game changer like Power Attack, but by the time you can cast Paragon Surge, you should already have those important feats if you plan on using them.

>>49525140
You only get the bonus on initiative rolls. You can't change your place in initiative order with ability score changes.

If you cast Cat's Grace on turn 2 of combat, nothing happens to your initiative, but if you cast before the initial roll, you get your +2
>>
>>49525160
I'm guessing hangman since experimenter can transform when it takes damage and serial killer is a serial killer.
>>
>>49525175
Yeah, I don't think there's any effect besides that or readying actions that allows for changing initiative.
>>
>>49525140
Nothing.
If you cast cat's grace as a level 4 character a minute before combat happens however, you now get to add that dex bonus to the initiative.
>>49525175
Correct. Delaying makes sense because you can only do so much in 6 seconds, and stopping even for a moment gives that delay for the rest of the combat. Some groups delay/ready as like single turn things, but that's kinda dumb.
>>
>>49525179
>things that give you the ability to do things you wouldn't normally be able to do are good.
Oh, that makes sense.
That'll take some serious thinking about.

I know of one guy who really loves paragon surge, even the nerfed one, but he's leaving soon so I can't really ask him for advice as time goes on, damn.
>>
What's the most abusive things I can do using Warrior's Spirit to grant my weapon the Training enhancement as a fighter?

Suddenly having a bunch of spell like abilities, shuffling around skill points, and suddenly any Armor/Weapon training seem pretty fucking strong, but what else?
>>
>>49524447
>>49524615
Ok, how about I expand Engines of War so it isn't only goblinoids, just primarily goblinoids. Some way for other races to play that aren't goblinoids. Would people me more interested then?
>>
>player joins high powered campaign
>bitches about how useless he is
>offer to help optimize
>I don't care about that I'm not a munchkin
nigger it's a high op campaign you don't even know what that is why are you even here
>>
>>49525414
>>bitches about how useless he is
>>I don't care about that I'm not a munchkin
Anon, this is code for "I want my character to be center of attention, but I don't actually want to invest time and effort into either building g or role-playing, so I'm demanding you softball and cha GE everything to make me the main character by fiat"
>>
I have a natural bite attack. I have one class level and one feat available. I want to do more attacks with that bite. Anyone know a way to grab more than one attack off of a level and a feat? For the sake of prerequisites, pretend the character is a level 18 warrior with 20s in all stats.
>>
Am I forgetting anything from my shopping list?

4 Smoked Goggles - 40gp - 0lbs
4 Ponchos - 2gp - 8lbs
1 Pocket Watch - 250gp - 1lbs
4 Hotweather Clothes - 32gp - 16lbs
4 Coldweather Clothes - 32gp - 28lbs
4 Cleats - 20gp - 8lbs
10 Sacks - 1gp - 5lbs
1 Barrel - 2gp - 30lbs
1 Large Chest with Superior Lock - 230gp - 100lbs
10 vials - 10gp - 0lbs
1 Collapsible Bathtub - 15gp - 20lbs
4 Bedrolls - 4sp - 20lbs
4 Blankets - 2gp - 12lbs
4 Folding Chairs - 8gp - 40lbs
4 Hammocks - 4sp - 12lbs
5 Soap bars - 5sp - 2.5lbs
2 Medium Tents - 30gp - 60lbs
1 Fishing Net - 4gp - 5lbs
5 Bear Traps - 10gp - 50lbs
250ft Silk Rope - 50gp - 25lbs
4 Signal Whistles - 3gp 2sp - 0lbs
1 Compas - 10gp - .5lbs
4 Air Bladders - 4sp - 2lbs
1 Small Steel Mirror - 10gp - .5lbs
4 Signal Horns - 1gp - 8lbs
40 candles - 4sp - 0lbs
1 Candle Lamp - 5gp - 4lbs
1 Hooded Lantern - 7gp - 4lbs
5 Sunrods - 10gp - 5lbs
5 Tiny Cages - 10gp - 25lbs
1 Chalk Set - 2sp - 0lbs
4 Tarps - 2gp - 12lbs
1 Medium Wagon - 100gp
5 Masterwork Manacles - 250gp - 10lbs
5 Fetters - 75gp - 10lbs
1 Tinder Box - 2sp - 1lbs
1 Block and Tackle - 5gp - 5lbs
1 Portable Bridge - 200gp - 60lbs
6 Sets of Earplugs - 1sp 8cp - 0lbs
1 Tongs - 2sp - 1lbs
1 Hammer - 5sp - 2lbs
1 Grappling Hook - 1gp - 4lbs
4 Shovels - 8gp - 32lbs
1 Saw - 4cp - 3lbs
1 Balancing Pole - 8sp - 12lbs
1 Binoculars - 30gp - 2lbs
1 Crowbar - 2gp - 5lbs
1 Portable Alchemical Lab - 75gp - 20lbs
1 Cording Mallet - 10gp - 25lbs
1 Woodaxe - 3gp - 6lbs
>>
Hello /pfg/; it's been a while, and it occurs to me that been working on the warlock conversion lately, I hadn't dropped updates on my work in here for a while. Here's version 44 of the Spellburst Savant, which includes a couple nerfs to Blockade, some adjustments elsewhere, and a slightly changed pageflow.
>>
>>49525592
Kits:
Fishing Kit - 5sp - 3lbs
This kit includes a simple fishing pole and a small box that contains fishing tackle (hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, and lures.

Cooking Kit – 3gp – 16lbs
This kit contains an iron pot, an iron skillet, a ladle, a skewer, a wooden cutting board, a cutting knife, an iron tripod for the pot, a packet of tinder, and a small selection of local or otherwise easy to find seasonings. You can attach the skewer to the tripod for roasting small game animals. All the component pieces (except the skillet) fit within the pot for easy storage and transport.

Grooming Kit – 1gp – 2lbs
This pouch of toiletries includes a comb, scissors, a nail file, a sponge, a hairbrush, a miniature mirror, soap, a chewing stick, and tooth powder.

Shaving Kit – 1gp 5sp – .5lbs
A shaving kit contains a straight razor, a whetstone, a small mirror, a brush, a cup, and enough shaving powder to last a Medium humanoid 50 shaves.

Scrivener’s Kit - 2gp - 1lbs
This soft leather case contains a vial for holding ink, an ink pen, spare pen nibs, a small container of pigment for making ink, a tiny knife for cutting quills into pens, a blotter, and a small ruler.

Climbers Kit - 80gp - 5lbs
These crampons, pitons, ropes, and other tools give you a +2 circumstance bonus on Climb checks.

Magic Gear:
1 Wand of Cure Light Wounds - 750gp
2 Scrolls of Remove Disease - 750gp
2 Scrolls of Remove Curse - 750gp

Total Nonmagical Cost: 1719gp 4sp 2cp
Total Cost: 3969gp 4sp 2cp

Total Weight: 725lbs

This list does not include food/water that will be brought in the cart, nor the mule & emergency back up mule.
>>
>>49525592
>>49525619
Anon, all I can tell you, is that this is exactly my flavor of autism
Godspeed you glorious aspie
>>
File: 1447987929721.png (3KB, 184x172px) Image search: [Google]
1447987929721.png
3KB, 184x172px
>>49525616
>Warlock conversion

teaser when?
>>
>>49525619
If the barrel is full it's 1377lbs, and the wagon can handle a 2000lbs load. So it can hold a few party members with the two mules assuming a half full barrel.
>>
>>49525592

No beer?
>>
>>49525662
This doesn't include food/water brought. I think I have a list of that as well.

>>49525645
I have considered adding another 500ft of hemp rope. Also 1000ft of twine.
>>
>>49525592
You know anon, the real thing (hiking, camping etc.) really is quite fun.
>>
File: equipment.png (10KB, 449x168px) Image search: [Google]
equipment.png
10KB, 449x168px
>>49525592
And here I am like
>>
so what makes wizards overpowered?

Spellbooks?
>>
>>49525749
A combination of factors ingrained in the system that include, but are not limited to, spellbooks, spells themselves, the way spells are designed, class features on several archetypes, the way spells scale, and the way many monsters and non-casters don't scale in comparison.
>>
hey, i'm building a clockwork oracle, what is /tg/'s opinion on this weird archetype?
>>
What's a better sneaky fear-inflicting martial, the thug or rake rogue archetypes or the vigilante?
>>
What char sheet stuff do y'all use.

I'm using some google sheet thing, v1.5.8.
Forgot what it was called though.
>>
>>49525790
myth-weavers is pretty good. it's what i use desu
>>
>>49525742
>>49525733
>>49525662
>>49525645
I upgraded to a Heavy Wagon and put 4 oxen on the purchase list. So now the weight capacity is 4000lbs rather than 2000lbs so I don't have to worry about carrying party members with a full barrel.
>>
For those who are into SoP, the War handbook (which is being playtested) has recently undergone some revisions:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wKYQDiexOl7efIFLp_1nfJIlj9ky04senq8l6WbweQk/edit?usp=sharing

Right now we're trying to decide if the Dex-as-Casting stat boon should be cut.
>>
>>49525784
1 level of thug rogue is an absolute requirement if you ever plan to use the intimidate skill.
>>
>>49525821
Also the barrel holds 75 gallons of water. If I put a second one that'll be 150 gallons. The recommended daily consumption for an adult male is 1 gallon per day. With 4 party members that's 35 days of water with no other source.
>>
>>49525825
Didn't that abortion of a boon get cut ages ago?
>>
File: shape clause preview.png (172KB, 668x365px) Image search: [Google]
shape clause preview.png
172KB, 668x365px
>>49525647
It's basically partially-written in most places, but nothing's fully complete yet. Right now my doc is a bit of a mess.

Here's a list of Blast Shapes, I guess? It's the part of the chassis I've focused hardest on making functional before anything else.
>>
File: CEkRx0UWYAA68sJ.jpg large.jpg (101KB, 1023x570px) Image search: [Google]
CEkRx0UWYAA68sJ.jpg large.jpg
101KB, 1023x570px
>>49525453
>>bitches about how useless he is
>>I don't care about that I'm not a munchkin
I seen this, its called socialism

>>49524156
NATALYA A CUTE, A CUTE
>>
>>49525924
Not yet. People who have commented have been very divided about it.

I'll put you down as a 'cut it'.
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>49525742
What are the crocodiles for?
>>
>>49525964
Pretty much yeah.

I recall the issue being that Con-casting has a HEAVY drawback, whereas Dex casting had... nothing. And helps casters in more ways than Con does to boot.
>>
File: caiman-large.jpg (17KB, 520x352px)
caiman-large.jpg
17KB, 520x352px
>>49525976
Being cute.
>>
>>49526004
That's pretty much the issue. If someone could come up with a good drawback to nerf it properly, I'd love to hear it. I was thinking maybe something that would make it really bad for people who want to play combat casters.
>>
Ok I revised the shopping list. It now does includes food and beer.

Gear:
4 Smoked Goggles - 40gp - 0lbs
4 Ponchos - 2gp - 8lbs
1 Pocket Watch - 250gp - 1lbs
4 Hotweather Clothes - 32gp - 16lbs
4 Coldweather Clothes - 32gp - 28lbs
4 Cleats - 20gp - 8lbs
10 Sacks - 1gp - 5lbs
2 Barrel - 4gp - 60lbs
1 Large Chest with Superior Lock - 230gp - 100lbs
10 vials - 10gp - 0lbs
1 Collapsible Bathtub - 15gp - 20lbs
4 Bedrolls - 4sp - 20lbs
4 Blankets - 2gp - 12lbs
4 Folding Chairs - 8gp - 40lbs
4 Hammocks - 4sp - 12lbs
6 Soap bars - 6sp - 3lbs
2 Medium Tents - 30gp - 60lbs
1 Fishing Net - 4gp - 5lbs
5 Bear Traps - 10gp - 50lbs
250ft Silk Rope - 50gp - 25lbs
1000ft Twine - 2sp - 10lbs
500ft Hemp Rope - 10gp - 100lbs
4 Signal Whistles - 3gp 2sp - 0lbs
1 Compass - 10gp - .5lbs
4 Air Bladders - 4sp - 2lbs
1 Small Steel Mirror - 10gp - .5lbs
4 Signal Horns - 1gp - 8lbs
4 Bells - 4gp - 0lbs
40 candles - 4sp - 0lbs
1 Candle Lamp - 5gp - 4lbs
1 Hooded Lantern - 7gp - 4lbs
5 Sunrods - 10gp - 5lbs
20 Tiny Cages - 40gp - 100lbs
1 Chalk Set - 2sp - 0lbs
4 Tarps - 2gp - 12lbs
5 Masterwork Manacles - 250gp - 10lbs
5 Fetters - 75gp - 10lbs
1 Tinder Box - 2sp - 1lbs
1 Block and Tackle - 5gp - 5lbs
1 Portable Bridge - 200gp - 60lbs
6 Sets of Earplugs - 1sp 8cp - 0lbs
1 Tongs - 2sp - 1lbs
1 Hammer - 5sp - 2lbs
1 Grappling Hook - 1gp - 4lbs
4 Shovels - 8gp - 32lbs
1 Saw - 4cp - 3lbs
1 Balancing Pole - 8sp - 12lbs
1 Binoculars - 30gp - 2lbs
1 Crowbar - 2gp - 5lbs
1 Portable Alchemical Lab - 75gp - 20lbs
1 Cording Mallet - 10gp - 25lbs
1 Woodaxe - 3gp - 6lbs
4 Buckets - 2gp - 8lbs
4 Canteens - 8gp - 4lbs
4 Mess Kit - 8sp - 4lbs
16 Traveler’s Clothes - 16gp - 80lbs

Travel:
1 Heavy Wagon - 100gp
4 Oxen - 60gp

Food/Drink:
20 gallons Ale - 160lbs - 4sp
Hard Cheese - 40lbs - 8sp
Flour - 40lbs - 8sp
Beans - 40lbs - 8sp
Rice - 40lbs - 8sp
Citrus - 20lbs - 6sp
Garlic - 5lbs - 2gp 5sp
Salt - 5lbs - 25gp
Pepper - 5lbs - 10gp
Sugar - 10lbs - 5sp
Coffee - 10lbs - 5sp
15 Live Chickens - 90lbs - 3sp
>>
>>49526118
Coffee, but no coffee pot?
>>
>>49526118
Kits:
Fishing Kit - 5sp - 3lbs
This kit includes a simple fishing pole and a small box that contains fishing tackle (hooks, lines, sinkers, floats, and lures.

Cooking Kit – 3gp – 16lbs
This kit contains an iron pot, an iron skillet, a ladle, a skewer, a wooden cutting board, a cutting knife, an iron tripod for the pot, a packet of tinder, and a small selection of local or otherwise easy to find seasonings. You can attach the skewer to the tripod for roasting small game animals. All the component pieces (except the skillet) fit within the pot for easy storage and transport.

Grooming Kit – 1gp – 2lbs
This pouch of toiletries includes a comb, scissors, a nail file, a sponge, a hairbrush, a miniature mirror, soap, a chewing stick, and tooth powder.

Shaving Kit – 1gp 5sp – .5lbs
A shaving kit contains a straight razor, a whetstone, a small mirror, a brush, a cup, and enough shaving powder to last a Medium humanoid 50 shaves.

Scrivener’s Kit - 2gp - 1lbs
This soft leather case contains a vial for holding ink, an ink pen, spare pen nibs, a small container of pigment for making ink, a tiny knife for cutting quills into pens, a blotter, and a small ruler.

Climbers Kit - 80gp - 5lbs
These crampons, pitons, ropes, and other tools give you a +2 circumstance bonus on Climb checks.

Magic Gear:
1 Wand of Cure Light Wounds - 750gp
2 Scrolls of Remove Disease - 750gp
2 Scrolls of Remove Curse - 750gp

Total Nonmagical Cost: 1833gp 5sp 2cp
Total Cost: 4093gp 5sp 2cp

Total Weight: 1461.5lbs (2761.5 with full barrels)
Cart Capacity: 4000lbs

I have also upgraded to a heavy wagon so I'm sure there is enough room for everyone to sit in it. This is a planned list for a 4 member party. If each player pays in equally this all can easily be afforded at level 3 for 1023gp 3sp 8cp each for the magical package, or at level 2 for only 458gp 3sp 8cp per person for the mundane package (A BARGIN!)!
>>
>>49526151
The cooking kit can handle it in the iron pot.
>>
>>49526038
It'd need to be bad for EVERYONE like Con Casting is.

Because Dex helps everyone, just like Con does.

AC, Reflex, To hit with ranged attacks, initiative...
>>
File: Gun.jpg (130KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
130KB, 728x636px
>Make Investigator
>Take Questioner and Mastermind
>Absolutely useless in combat

I fixed this by going for Dazzling Display, but that seems wrong. How do I make this character not fried shit in combat?
>>
>>49526173
See>>49525829
Enforcer
Violent display
Shatter defences
Hurtful
And a way to do nonlethal
>>
>>49525496
Just as a follow up, I've figured out two ways to get another bite as a full action but ideally it wouldbe more than one or if at all possible an extra bite on a standard
>>
File: 1443516756689.png (5KB, 203x210px) Image search: [Google]
1443516756689.png
5KB, 203x210px
>>49525742
>108 ioun torches
>>
>>49523615
>Wait, being only Alchemist 6 would reduce his mutagen bonus by 4, meaning you lose 4 alchemical to gain 4 untyped. So a net 0.

What? You would effectively be an Alchemist 15.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/evangelist
>>
>>49526311
Look, 107 wasn't getting the job done.
>>
File: 1474218240908.png (133KB, 546x405px) Image search: [Google]
1474218240908.png
133KB, 546x405px
>>49526355
I'm just picturing someone with 108 ~1in gems floating about their person, all glowing as bright as torches.
>>
>>49525371
Well, I'm alright with hobgoblins. But yeah, a little more variety would be nice. Even if it's just other monstery races.

Like, I'd totally be down for playing a lizardfolk who's ready to carve out a reborn lizardfolk empire, even if it means hitching a ride on the goblin train for now.
>>
>>49526269
I mean as a non-intimidate focused build
>>
File: viorian_dekanti_2-p.jpg (23KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
viorian_dekanti_2-p.jpg
23KB, 490x490px
>Beat runelords a few months ago
>Decide to research more about thassilon on a whim
>Paizo apparently made a module featuring more thassilonian fluff
>Sword of the seven sins
>The PCs end up coming into contact with all seven swords and could even convince the church of Abadar to let them keep one of the swords or even downright steal it from them
Jesus, so Vioran was probably a protagonist from that AP wasnt she?
>>
File: 1301672598954.gif (2MB, 358x202px) Image search: [Google]
1301672598954.gif
2MB, 358x202px
>>49526311
>>49526355
>>49526380

I had 1350gp left over and a source of free Continual Flame. I didn't know what else to buy and had my other gear set up just fine.

Who doesn't like floating spinnyrocks?
>>
>>49526173
Do the commoner trick Take precise shot, rapid point blank shot, rapid shot and manyshot and voila, you are now competent in battle.
>>
>>49526476
You coulda spent it on clothing. Jewelry. Contacts. A house.

Something more flagrantly useful than a hundred glowing golf balls.
>>
File: 1457560385354.gif (986KB, 800x450px)
1457560385354.gif
986KB, 800x450px
>>49526496
The funny bit is that the DM is fine with giving fluff items like clothing, jewelry, and a house for free. I just picked these up so I could spend all my gold.

And then it, like the piles of animals, became a character trait. The setting's a weeb-style VR MMO. The character is addicted to vanity pets.
>>
>>49526490
Archery isn't an option
We're all dragons
>>
>>49526527
I did the exact same thing in 5e once, in a VRMMO campaign as well: started as a first level warlock and bought a mundane chicken as 'foreshadowing' of my eventual familiar.

The party and GM responded by trying to kill the chicken at every opportunity.
>>
>>49526532
>dragon inquisitor
>can't figure out what to do in combat

Clearly, you're not much of a dragon.

>>49526527
I wish my players would put enough effort into their characters to make me want to do that. Best I get is 'their family is dysfunctional so they left'. It's soulcrushing.
>>
>>49526558
It's easy to mix up, but I said Investigator
Also we start as baby dragons in rusty dagger shanktown
>>
>>49518594
As said, we're using Touhou Battle Grimoire. He's an Eternal Royal at the moment, who uses Divine Flame (The Might of the Atom: NUCLEAR FUSION) as his primary discipline. His character himself is an Azlanti Pureblood who's been around since before the Earthfall, and has decided that the people need a gentle, guiding hand to advance (seeing a regression in technology and magic since the time of his birth). He plans on Multiclassing into God later on, once he gets enough worshipers to qualify for its first few levels.
>>
>>49526558

>Their family is dysfunctional so they left

How lazy. Everyone knows a truly dysfunctional family will continue haunting you long after you attempt to leave.
>>
Is Forrest around?
I have a question about how the Night Terror's maneuver recovery works.

"As a full-round action, the night terror gains the ability to use the Stealth skill while being observed for one round, then can make a Stealth check to hide and move up to his speed."

Does this mean that if you pass the stealth check, you can literally stand around in broad daylight for a round with nobody noticing you, making it a sort of (Ex) one-round invisibility? Or does this movement have to end behind cover to become hidden, just negating the need for the bluff check diversion?
>>
>>49526582
>Touhou Battle Grimoire
Isn't it unbalanced? Like, completely bonkers? I don't know myself but I remember someone saying something like that. Also, be careful, Touhou is a dangerous word in these parts nowadays/
>>
>>49526580
>investigator
That would definitely be my sleep schedule fucking me up.

But seriously. I've got a buddy playing DSP's dragon class and he's doing just fine (he multiclassed into warlord, though).

>>49526589
Fuck yeah they will. Are. That's actually what happened last session, the one character's brother ended up being the person they needed help from, so things got... familial...
>>
>>49518594
Atomic Adept from Gonzo 2.
>>
>>49526642
It works like Hide in Plain Sight (or a Bluff check -> Stealth check), letting you hide up until you attack. However, once your next turn rolls around, you need to find cover to stay hidden (or you can keep using it).

Ambush Hunter's recovery works the same way, as do Blur effects and the like.

I like to think of it as the equivalent of a superhero entering his secret identity. Sure, it might be conspicuous, but nobody notices.
>>
>>49526695
... I think. I'm rereading the Stealth rules now and since I just realized I didn't actually answer, yes, it works as a 1-round invisibility against things you beat the Perceptions of, like most things like that. Unless you do something like run, charge, attack, or otherwise draw attention to yourself.
>>
>>49526644
>>49526644
As said, I want to take it easy in this game. The RP has been great.
>>
>>49526695
Thank you for the fast reply!
>>
File: Way to Mechanus (Delhar).jpg (80KB, 900x382px) Image search: [Google]
Way to Mechanus (Delhar).jpg
80KB, 900x382px
>>49523237
From the Manual of the Planes:

>Movement in the Clockwork Nirvana of Mechanus is much like movement on the Material Plane. Walking between turning cogs seems daunting to the uninitiated, requiring a Balance check (DC 10). This is a relatively easy check, but failure by 5 or more means a fall between the cogs, which deals 20d6 points of damage each round. It takes a Climb check (DC 20) to emerge from the teeth of the cogs.

The bridges might only connect at one end, and lead off to nowhere at some times in the revolution. One of those revolutions might take centuries, so there is plenty of time to rebuild a bridge.

Can your characters make the Athletics check?
>>
File: Playing against Caveira.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Playing against Caveira.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
What's the best class to play that is mostly non-combative but also works as a party face and isn't a bard or sorcerer or paladin?

If you can't tell, I'm having a rough time. Is having two sorcerers an inherently bad thing?
>>
>>49527178
Mesmerist. Oracle. Summoner. Skald.
>>
If you have an improved familiar, is there any major downside to picking familiar spell instead of quicken metamagic?

Does familiar spell use the caster's primary stat, not the familiar's? (it says it uses the familiar's stats for any spell attack rolls)
>>
>>49527178
Empiricist Investigator.
>>
>>49527178
Second vote in for Empiricist Investigator.
>>
>>49527253
This

Combine it with
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/orator

It lets you use Linguistics (an Int skill) in place of a a lot of Charisma skills, plus you can spend Inspiration to boost your Linguistics rolls without spending Inspiration.
>>
>>49527178
Run a beguiler, that'll give you some unique character options and keep you from mostly replicating your party's other sorcerer.
>>
>>49527230

Quicken is a bit better since you don't have to store a specific spell in your familiar ahead of time. If you suddenly need to throw out a Dispel Magic, but you stuck a Lightning Bolt in your familiar, Familiar Spell wouldn't help.

But still, why not take both?

You could quicken cast a spell, your familiar could quicken cast a spell, then you could cast a spell and your familiar could cast a spell.

Just have a book ready to block the dice the GM and other players will start throwing at you for that.
>>
>>49527487

I figure the players at least won't mind as long as I'm just delivering buffs.
>>
>>49527178
I'm going to have to agree with >>49527372, you basically just described a Beguiler.
>>
I'm a DM new to Pathfinder planning to run a campaing using the core rulebook and one of the adventure paths (I haven't bought any yet) with a group of new players, and looking in the repository I saw the tier list. How relevant is it to a group of new players? In which ways can I try to fight this imbalance so that everyone can play more or less what they want?
>>
>>49525371
Are there any races with a Cha boost among goblinoids? The set up is just begging for classes like Emperor or Warlord.
>>
File: 1291288176804.png (1MB, 1364x938px) Image search: [Google]
1291288176804.png
1MB, 1364x938px
>>49527841
How much experience do you and your players have with 3.0/3.5E?
>>
New thread:
>>49527895
>>49527895
>>49527895
>>49527895
>>49527895
>>
>>49527841
Completely irrelevant for new players.

Everyone will be trying to figure out the rules, and you'll probably get a ton wrong, and it's no use trying to guess which person will come out on top from that.

Also, at early levels, the tier differences are minimal.

Later on, you might need to start worrying, but it's always best to talk with your own group about if they see a problem before making a change. And some times it's a very small change that needs to be made.

For example, a time immemorial thing is "Wow, now that we're all level 8, being a monk kinda sucks." and the gm goes "Here, have a super gauntlet of Flurry of Blows while moving or +5 to hit or some nonsense." New monk player goes "yay" things are close enough to balanced for the players to enjoy, and things move on.

Trying to accommodate for balance before starting and seeing what problems emerge is a bad idea for new players.
>>
>>49527841
honestly, depends what "new players" means.
if it means "new to pathfinder" by all means don't go solo core. If it means "new to roleplaying" anything would do.
The wizard will pick shit spells and everyone will be hardcore jobbing, so the tiers won't matter.
>>
>>49527841
Depends on how quickly they pickup on the mechanics of the game. If your party goes with the blaster wizard/healing cleric/melee frontliner/skillmonkey setup, there will be very little issues, but as they become proficient with the system, said issues will arise.
Honestly, the better ways to fight the imbalance are 1) Allow all paizo content, 2) use select 3pp content to make martials stronger (like path of war+expanded)
>>
>>49525931
STOP

FUCKING STOP

STOP KEKING MY HOMEBREW
>>
>>49527921
>>49527930
>>49527938
Thanks for the answers. They are completely new to roleplaying so is good to now the imbalance won't matter until they become good.
>>
File: best boy.png (597KB, 858x1000px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.png
597KB, 858x1000px
A series of events had led to my incredibly naive and good hearted cleric of Desna being the focus of a shitload of suspicion in Rise of the Runelords, how can I best further the suspicion to the point where my character is coup de graced in his sleep?

>Character wants to visit the mayor by himself, but DM asks if anybody else is going with him
>Other characters say sure, and then consider it suspicious when my character tries to tell them he wanted to go alone
>A few hours later find out about a bunch of murders in the town
>There was a note with my characters name
>My characters prized snorkel goes missing and the inn's halfling helper tells the party about it
>My character goes in to his room for 5 minutes to "tidy up" when other party members want to search it for clues, and get suspicious when he leaves with his backpack and the room is perfectly clean and organized
>The window was forced open by somebody on the short and lithe side (which perfectly fits the description of my character).

I'm planning on doing perfectly sensible (to my character) things that the party will no doubt find suspicious, like burning clothes with red stains on (it's jam) and having an unholy book of Lamashtu tucked under the bed/wardrobe wrapped in cloth and his spare holy symbol of Desna with an old bloodstained knife used as a bookmark (he only has one spare symbol, so figured that warding them both with the spare was a good idea. It's hidden so he doesn't feel like it's watching him while he sleeps.)

The suspicion and fuckery feels so good that I'm orchestrating the death of my own character. He is too good, too pure to survive the campaign.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.