[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamma World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 13

File: Gamma_World_Book.jpg (26KB, 273x353px) Image search: [Google]
Gamma_World_Book.jpg
26KB, 273x353px
I once years ago got the Gamma World pdf off of /tg/

Does anyone have any Gamma World pdf.s, or has ever played Gamma World? Thoughts?
>>
File: thefuckingravisher.png (485KB, 835x651px) Image search: [Google]
thefuckingravisher.png
485KB, 835x651px
bump
>>
File: theravisher2.png (398KB, 823x507px) Image search: [Google]
theravisher2.png
398KB, 823x507px
>>
Always been interested but could never get my hands on it.
>>
File: theravisher3.png (424KB, 769x649px) Image search: [Google]
theravisher3.png
424KB, 769x649px
>>49514968

So sad I lost these documents. Goddamn, these caps are all I have left.
>>
Well post what you got, might be useful still for someone.
>>
>>49515179
That's all I got :(
>>
Try Caves of Qud on Steam.
>>
File: GWWorldMapMQ.jpg (2MB, 2165x1176px) Image search: [Google]
GWWorldMapMQ.jpg
2MB, 2165x1176px
>>49515425
Will do, thanks m8
>>
>>49512127
Here's 1st through 4th edition stuff.

https://mega.nz/#F!z9wHCQwC!HCeMOum5467vvbTd2XwiMw

2nd edition is pretty much the definitive classic edition. It's old school TSR, so it may feel a bit dated to some, though it doesn't have some of the quirky aspects of D&D (you don't have classes, levels with ramping hit points and so forth). 3rd edition moves away from the d20 and uses percentile dice rolled against the table you see here, to provide you with different levels of success. It's actually a lot more fluid in practice than it might seem. The rules are detailed and have a lot of cool ideas, but it was released before it was ready and the editing was a nightmare, with whole sections got left out of the game (there's an errata booklet included in core rules pdf that addresses this, but it's still a mess) and it's maybe a bit crunchier than I'd want if folks were playing it entirely by the rules. So I'd call it a fixer-upper.

2nd edition essentially expands and polishes 1st edition and the two a pretty similar. 4th edition moves the game closer to AD&D, with classes and full-fledged levels and such, which I dislike. 5th edition was a short-lived Alternity supplement, which I'm not very familiar with. 6th edition uses d20 Modern and I couldn't get far into reading the book before the mechanics made me give up in disgust. 7th edition is a zany pickup game based on the 4e D&D rules. It seemed like it was pretty interesting if you're into that type of thing, but I'm really not. I know there is a good bit of inherent silliness to Gamma World, but I play it deadly serious.

Also, there's a fan-made Savage Worlds port of Gamma World in the third party folder that might be worth a look. I've never done more than glance at it, so I can't personally attest to its quality, but I've heard a few people say good things about it, and it seems like it would be a good fit.
>>
The setting of Gamma World is fantastic. It's future apocalypse, so you get cool technology like lasers and shit, but with a smaller focus that allows for fantasy-style quests and individual heroics without having to contend with mass communication, planetary police forces, interstellar culture and so forth (the role of which are usually unrealistically minimized in space age campaigns). Weapons in Gamma World run the gamut from swords and muskets to magnetically-impelled slug throwers and ultra high-tech black ray pistols, so combat can get pretty interesting. Throw in robots, mutated animals and plants, and all manner of strange beasties, and you have the makings for a fantastic game. My longest running RPG campaign by far was in Gamma World.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.