[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herbs in RPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: fresh-herb-basket.jpg (41KB, 367x272px) Image search: [Google]
fresh-herb-basket.jpg
41KB, 367x272px
/tg/ I need help coming up with ideas for magical herbs. I've already done some basics (vines that can be used as superior rope, plant that gives barkskin that sheds off later, etc.) but I want a lot more. Going to use them for a character who does a lot of herb growing. Thanks in advance guys. I also have that PDF of herbs in RPGs that I intend to look through at some point.
>>
dude, like... pipeweed, hehe
>>
>>49509928
Take a look at that PDF now. It has everything you need, and more.
>>
I'm going to assume this is the PDF you're talking about and post it for anyone else who may be interested.
>>
>>49510225

Yes! That is it. Now that I am back I am reading through it and it looks pretty much like what I am going for. Some of it won't be useful much but there should be some gems in there.
>>
>>49509928
Plant that show you happiest moments of someones life. You only need to grow it on that person grave and smoke it after.
>>
>>49509928
not really herbs, but

>Compass Rose
Inspired by moss, a wizard with no sense of direction created them to guide him wherever he went. A parasite that attaches itself wherever there are bushes, a Compass Rose appears as a white flower with a single red petal that always points north, even if it's not attached to the stem. Crossbreeds can point to different things; they say a rare pink compass rose points to your true love.

Useful as an ingredient for alchemy, certain techniques can cause the potion to self-stir at regulated speeds, or separate certain liquids even as they are being mixed.
>>
File: Brennessel.jpg (1020KB, 1468x2360px) Image search: [Google]
Brennessel.jpg
1020KB, 1468x2360px
There's excellent drawings of herbs on Wikimedia.
>>
>>49511065
>Gravewheat
A grain that only grows where blood is shed; most commonly harvested from old battlefields in the wild. The dull gray seeds of the plant soak up necromantic negative energy from the surrounding area, and are often used as fuel in darker magical rituals. It can be separated from the chaff and milled like more common wheat, increasing its potency as it becomes more and more refined, but the process is dangerous and requires great care on the part of the miller.

One of the more religious and esoteric means of maintaining undead for extended periods is to hold periodic “masses” where the Gravewheat flour is baked into Deadloaves and fed to the undead. Such methods do not necessarily empower the consumer, but there are still unliving cases of undead that have subsisted on only Deadloaves for decades.

>Curio Stalk
Curio is a type of grain commonly found in tropical regions. The grain has next to no nutritional value, but has a wonderful taste and texture, slightly sweet even without seasoning. Cooking reduces the taste somewhat, but the general risk of passing half-sprouted masses in the toilet is enough to discourage most gourmands from eating them raw. The stalk itself has much higher nutrient concentrations, but tastes bland and tends to break into hard shards in ones' mouth.

Due to its length and fibrous toughness, Curio Stalks are essential traveler items, if not for food, then for a secondary weapon. Mashed stalks mixed with curative herbs produce fairly good results as salves. The tough strings of the Curio act as a scabbing agent over the wound, and can be easily removed when dried. A favorite assasin weapon (shaped to a fine point) as it is untraceable, inconspicuous, and is easily discarded unlike blades.
>>
The Lone Wolf series featured an herb called Laumspur with rejuvenative powers when eaten. Low fantasy offerings:
* poultice herbs against insinuative poison or disease
* emetics to induce vomiting against ingestive poisons
* clotting agents akin to aloe and used to prevent bleeding
* antifungal/antibiotic agents like improved potency garlic
* localized blood flow improvers similar to cayenne pepper
* anticorruptive/preservative agents based on cayenne pepper or mint, taken daily with meals to prevent corruptive diseases
* poisons, especially insinuatives for slashing/piercing weapons

From a fairy tale of The Brothers Grimm, lettuces that cause or cure baleful polymorph when ingested. Other high fantasy offerings:
* scented herb that when properly compounded into perfume causes a short term infatuation to the person at the source of the scent
* rapid-grow components: throw the specially-enchanted seed down onto dirt and it will immediately grow to full size. Obstructions against pursuers, components for campcraft, fresh food, any other herb you might need fresh.
* enhanced catnip: enthrall feline monsters and NPCs
>>
>>49511065
>>49511111
>>49511414

This stuff is amazing, thank you, you are helping me a LOT.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.