[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Kaladesh Prerelease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 36

File: 20160925_132539.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_132539.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
New Thread

Previous Thread:
>>49477951

Went 3-0-1 with this yesterday. Format seems very fun.
>>
Went 3-1 yesterday morning with a GU tempo deck built around energy counter synergy. Looking like energy might actually be a decent archetype in standard, from what the bonkers shit I was doing it seems like the support is there, someone just needs to find the right list for it

As for pulls, got the UR and GB fastlands, pretty excited about that. Promo was Inventor's Fair and pulled another Inventor's Fair in a prize pack, and got an Aether Hub, so it looks like I'm going all lands. Overall did pretty meh with value, but got some fun stuff I might try to turn into a cohesive deck.
>>
File: aetherworks.jpg (33KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
aetherworks.jpg
33KB, 243x348px
>>49507707
energy is going to be good in more than just standard, mark it
>>
>>49507730
t. standard player
>>
>>49507704
>Oh shit we fucked up with Collected Company what do we do?!?
>Well CoCo is great for our vision of Magic: The Gathering ( tm ) as it allows players to fill up the board with creatures and create "interesting" board states so we can't get rid of the idea completely
>I have the perfect idea
>Lets make a card
>That you pay mana to cast, probably your whole turn
>At sorcery speed
>And your opponent is guaranteed to benefit from more than you because they get to choose first or choose nothing at all if they really don't want what you're offering
>Perfect, lets make take up a rare slot and make sure some poor fucks open it at pre release.
>Some will even open it as their promo card. Pfffft HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>49507730
There've been a lot of dissenters, even at the pre-release yesterday. Even when I showed them what I was doing with actually your pic related.

Also keeping my opponent round 3's Chandra locked down thanks to Deadlock Trap feltgoodman
>>
>>49507641
>Saheeli is UR, is that what you meant?

yes i meant Blue and Red
>>
>>49507751
I am confident that cards like electrostatic pummeler, aetherworks, decoction module, whirler virtuoso, and the like will produce some very interesting play-styles.

>>49507787
deadlock is also a good card, I feel as though most people are failing to see the synergy possible with energy cards. Something like dynavolt probably seems wasteful but I get the distinct feeling optimized energy decks will probably be chalking 5+ energy a turn after t3.
>>
>>49507764
This was my promo, you don't get to complain
>>
>>49507764
One guy I know actually got one.
He was like "Oh please no, of all the cards, I get this one? Even looked at the spoilers and just wished not to pull this shit".
>>
>>49507842
That's not nearly as bad as dubious challenge.
It can at least make a chump blocker and if you put some work in it can get big and dangerous.
But with dubious challenege you're spending a card, mana, and a turn on something your opponent gets to choose the best outcome for themselves, at no cost to themself.
There is no way dubious challenge is useful in any capacity. You can't even use it out of desperation for a chump blocker because your opponent already got the better creature or even worse, they got the ONLY creature.
>>
>>49507842
electrostatic pummeler is just chameleon colossus with more synergy required

it's an ideal target for combat tricks, +1/+1 counters, and gives you an outlet for energy generation
>>
>>49507681
The limited will be fun, but i can't shake the feeling that standard of BFZ-SOI-KLD will be among one of the most underpowered standard.
>>
>>49507940
Why is that?
>>
>>49507681
My actual prerelease was garbage. Value spread evenly through all colors, no rare bomb and curve ended up horrible. Got a Saheeli though.

After that we drafted for the decorations. I played a pretty decent B/W control-y deck. People massively undervalued the 3/4 common fliers for 5, there were really a lot of white uncommons going around awfully late. Got two Impecable Timings, Subtle Strike and that 1/1 that grows when a creature leaves.

The 2/3 bug that gains lifelink was also really useful. You can swing into other 2/3s to dump mana or pump it with the counter sub-theme in black.

Had I not gone to time I could have won the big Skysovereign model.
>>
>>49507957
Just that cards seemed underpowered.
>>
>went to my LGS Ironman challange
>5 Kaladesh Pre-realeses in a row with no sleep
>my best was 4-1
>at one point a guy tried to block his own creatures
>another fell with his head o his own cards

10/10 would do it again
>>
File: MAD.png (286KB, 552x530px) Image search: [Google]
MAD.png
286KB, 552x530px
>Can't find my promo Skysovereign, Consul Flagship anywhere
>Nissa too
>>
>>49508067
Sounds amazing. Did you pay full price for each tourney?
>>
>>49508067
I can't imagine something like that, I had a small headache after one already.

But that may also be because 34 guys were stuffed into a backroom with no windows.

Sounds fun though, i you don't have to work for a while.
>>
My promo card was a foil Combustible Gearhulk but I didn't get anything else good besides Fumigate out of the 5 packs I won
>>
>>49508183
Well we got like 5% off.

>>49508196
Yeah we were like only 20 people but were down to like 14 by the time we started the last one.
>>
>>49508226
>Shit dude I only got a foil mythic as my promo
Fuck off, luckfag god I hate you luckers so damn much
Try getting nothing playable at all as your rares.
>>
>>49508297
Out of 11 packs I only got 1 good thing.
>>
>>49508067
>five in a row with no sleep
I guess you play somewhere where people can actually make decisions in a reasonable amount of time. Every single round for prereleases at my store lasts over an hour and five turns can sometimes take over half an hour to resolve. Not to mention we break to top 8.
That's about 9-10 hours per prerelease for us, so that would be 45-50 hours straight.
I envy you.
>>
>>49508297
Shit anon, all I got was a Lotus Petal, not even playable.
>>
>>49508331
it only lasted 31 hours by the end. Luckily.
>>
just came home from my prerelease, frist time participating in one. was fun!

went 2-4.. i think? won round 1 against a fella but the 2nd round we ran out of time, so i guess that means i won best of 3? not too sure really.

played GB. Didn't reallt have a gameplan, but I had some good fliers and servos/token generators (Oviya Pashiri) as well as those Rhinos I got to buff heavily a few times.
>>
>>49508297
I had no playable rares and I took sixth place out of almost 50 people.
The first step to success is to accept your failures and stop making excuses.
>>
>>49508030
>Had I not gone to time I could have won the big Skysovereign model.
your store had those artifact vehicle cardobard models in prize pool?
neat, wish my store did that
>>49508182
prolly faggot thief anon from the other thread stole it from you. rip
>>
>>49508579
>Only sixth place
Shut the fuck up, skillless faggot.
I got 1st place in 2 different events, that doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about opening up absolutely zero good rares.

The only reason I won was sheer skill, I didn't have the crutch that the second place winners I faced all had. And I'd still rather have opened money than win first place, because I was already having fun either way.
>>
>didn't get any good vehicles
>only decent thing in rares was the black gearhulk and the dragon
>couldn't even play the dragon
>almost everyone I played against had the damn train
>had atleast 10 impeccable timings cast against me over the course of the day
>got flooded/screwed the last three games

still I got placed 15th out of 38.

>only had four hours of sleep
>had to play six rounds
>store didn't have any windows at all

Hope aether revolt will be a little more fun.
>>
>>49508646
heh, look at this salty fag. Serves you right for pulling shit.

Now i am going to have fun building deck for my new planeswalker.
>>
On my way back from 2HG prerelease. Got a chandra and NEVER drew her in any of the five games, ended up going 2-3.
Splitting the value was a pain as Chandra was more valuable than the rest of the pool combined despite the gearhulk, but I let him have it anyway.
>>
>>49508331
>Every single round for prereleases at my store lasts over an hour
You should report the LGS to wizards then, because 50 minutes is the alotted time.
>>
File: DSC_0204.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0204.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
My promo was a fastland, pic related.
My brother got the car and it looked nice with the foil
>>
>>49508646
It really doesn't sound like you were having fun.
>>
>>49508760
50 minutes for the round and then the up to four remaining games, which seem to always include the same four people, go to turns which takes another half hour.
>>
>>49508297
The mana crypt I got killed me more often than not.
>>
>>49508911
>got two of the black Puzzleknots
>two Live Fast
>one of those bugs that can't block but gets bigger and eats one life each turn
But killing yourself is the best way to play.
>>
>>49508842
Having fun playing the game is not the same as the concentrated unfun of opening fresh packs only to see you've opened nothing but unplayable junk wizards deliberately designed to be niche unplayable junk while you see other people opening inventions, planeswalkers, and bombs.
>>
Things I remember from my three prereleases:

>people not understanding priority in combat and when to crew vehicles
>telling someone it's not okay to loudly proclaim: "I'm getting beaten BY A GIRL!"
>telling someone else it's not okay to say: "I was RAPED by my opponents deck"

t. judge :^)
>>
>>49509365
>>people not understanding priority in combat and when to crew vehicles
elaorate pls.
>>
>>49509365
You see, I though you were an SJW cuck, but I guess as a judge you have to follow WotC's retarded standards, so...good luck?
>>
>>49509387
You can't crew a vehicle during the combat phase. It has to be done beforehand
>>
>>49509508
What.
Post rulings.
Because crewing is at instant speed. No where on the cards implies that it can be done at any time BUT combat.

Unless you mean something dumb like "Block, crew vehicle with blocker, then block with vehicle"
>>
>>49509508
But that's wrong, you fucking retard. It isn't a timed ability, so you can use it any time you have priority. Please read the rules before screwing players out of wins.
>>
>>49509508
Who let you be a judge?
>>
>>49509387
>"Go to combat?"
>"Sure."
>"I attack with this and with this. Okay?"
>"Yeah."
>"Then I crew this train and attack with it."
>"Yeah, no."

>"I block this and this. Now that the creature is blocked I tap my blockers to crew my train and block the other attacker."

>"I give your creature -1/-1 so it can't crew the vehicle anymore"

Etc.

>>49509426
Thanks. :^)

Not a SJW per se because most of those are just idiots who scream loud at almost everything irrationally. But some things just don't belong in a fun event. Especially if you want female players to come to your store again instead of them remembering how the average mail neckbeard treated them.
That being said, I'm mostly very happy about the players at our store.
>>
>>49509508
You crew it as you declare attackers.
>>
First prerelease I went to. Really enjoyed it, and want to start playing standard at my local shop.

Best places for deck building tutorials? I don't want to just use a prebuilt deck from Tapped Out or anything (unless I really have to).
>>
>>49509603
Your first example is just the classic example of people declaring attackers out of order, and usually doesn't affect gameplay. Your other examples make sense.
>>
File: 312.png (167KB, 398x269px) Image search: [Google]
312.png
167KB, 398x269px
>>49509603
>2016
>adding attackers after confirming declaration of attackers
>>
>>49509724
If you don't want to net-deck, 60-card constructed is probably not the best place for you.
>>
>>49509734
Nope. Asking "Combat?" means you go to declare attackers. By then it's too late to crew.
Of course I will allow taksie-backsies and return them to beginning of combat.
>>
>Went to a midnight prerelease
>Promo is Eliminate the Competition
>Pull another foil Eliminate the Competition
There's not enough black in the world to have the creatures to power that.
Went to two prereleases, barely pulled anything of note aside from most of the commons I need for my next Standard Shitbrew.
>>
>>49509762
Actually, the first step of the combat phase is before declare attackers, and is called the beginning of combat step. During this step, activated abilities may be activated, spells may be cast, etc.
Source: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Combat_phase
>>
>>49509754
Decent constructed can be figured even without netdecking - at least for aggro and midrange. You might miss couple secret techs and optimal sideboard options but it will be good enough deck for FNM.
Combo is trickier to figure out without looking thing up, especially if you want it to run smoothly.
>>
>>49509762
>asking "Combat?"
Means you go to Beginning of Combat.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/lo/attacking-and-blocking-2014-11-10
>>
We had a 22 player prerelease and no masterpiece were opened. Whole shop was pretty disappointed
>>
>>49509850
>>49509811
>A statement such as "I'm ready for combat" or "Declare attackers?" offers to keep passing priority until an opponent has priority in the beginning of combat step. Opponents are assumed to be acting then unless they specify otherwise.

http://wpn.wizards.com/sites/wpn/files/attachements/mtg_mtr_22jul16_en.pdf

This means that if your opponent says "ok" you're now in declare attackers. If your opponent does things, you're still in beginning of combat.
>>
If an opponent taps a 3/3 creature to crew a vehicle and I go and bolt it "before that happens", is the vehicle crewed or not?
>>
I got absolute trash at my prerelease. I got maybe 10 actually decent cards even within the context of the set spread across 5 colors and the rest was just crap.

I tried throwing what I could in a RG energy deck, but got stomped and realized I wasn't going to get anywhere and dropped.
>>
>>49509875
20 players two headed giant yesterday, two masterpieces pulled. One guy pulled Sword of Light and Shadow and my other head pulled Mox Opal.

Of course, I didn't pull anything worth of anything and my pack was filled with trash.
>>
We were around 45 people at the pre-release so we played 6 rounds. This is pretty usual since magic is pretty big in Denmark. I got Master of Marionettes as promo, which is okay. The rest of my pool was really, really bad. I ended up going Black/White with red splash for removal and relied solely on those dumb 3/4 flying birds to win. I had 3 of them, and they worked every single time. After winning 5 rounds in a row i finally got steamrolled by someone who had a proper pool and who played as well as me. Since that was my last game, though, I got 1st place and a shitton of boosters. Though it sounds geeky, I am very proud of myself that I was able to beat decks who had gearhulks and masterpieces simply by being conservative with my removal and playing the burd.

Oh, and out of 45 participants 3 masterpieces were opened. 1 static orb, 1 sword of feast and famine and 1 sculpting steel.
>>
>>49510018
The vehicle is still crewed since the crewing is part of an activation cost. The cost was still payed, so the vehicle becomes a creature.
>>
>>49510018
>"I tap your land so you can't pay the cost for the Counterspell you just played."

You can't. You activate the ability by tapping your creatures. By then it's too late.
>>
>>49510062
damn all i got was people crewing trains, stompers and shoving gearhulks up my face.
All i had was white 1/2 fliers, new raise the alarm and 0 removal spells.
Damn i was very unlucky with the pulls.
i lost like a fag
>>
>>49510062
By the way my friend played 2HG yesterday with his friend (who isn't me :( ) and got 1st place with him. His friend opened a masterpiece Mind's Eye, and my friend got that copy artifact sorcery. They would have two Mind's Eyes on the battlefield effectively drawing 6 cards after they passed their turn to next main phase. U wot m8.
>>
>>49510096
>>49510098
So there's no way to stop a vehicle being crewed than?

>>49510119
Could be worse. We were playing 3 rounds. First one I only pulled mana. Second one I pulled no black mana on my UB deck until turn 7 but my other head carried me.

The last turn was the best. Match went into a lock because my other head used Revoke Privilige on two cards and we stalled the game. They pulled all the vehicles in the world and my other head Fulmigated the board for 28 life points. By then the opponents had no creatures to kill us because they couldn't crew and we had no creatures to kill them and the game finished in a draw.

Going 1-1-1 in a pre release feels like shit.
>>
>>49509603
>Especially if you want female players
Why would you want female players though?
My flgs occasionally has females players and I fucking hate it.
Female players ruin the atmosphere.
The only people who want more female players are normalfags and cucks who want to ruin a neckbeards safe space just so they have even more chances at getting pussy.
Fuck you.
>>
>>49510062
Which lgs? Faraos masterrace here
>>
>>49510211
>neckbeards safe space

The problem is you.

Seriously, though. There are a lot of female players who play Magic but only in established playgroups. They rarely come to stores because they almost always have a bad experience because neckbeards have close to no social skills when it comes to not losing their pocketed spaghetti. I want to say "Treat everyone as fellow humans" but people tend to treat other people of the opposite very differently.

>>49510175
>So there's no way to stop a vehicle being crewed than?

Basically no. You can tap down, -x/-x or damage their pilots and maybe force them to activate Crew earlier than they wanted (like during their end phase, upkeep or during your main phase) but you can not stop them from activating their vehicles.
>>
>>49510306
>The problem is neckbeards in their native environment not going out of their way to hurt or offend anyone
>Not gamer gurls, disinterested girlfriends dragging down the level of skill and discourse, and feminists

Reeee. Please kill yourself
>>
>>49508823
Are you me? Pulled the exact same shit. Was able to get a Chrome Mox out of my pre-release that had a slight bit of scuffing in the centre-left of the card
>>
>>49510175
like i said i lost like a fag.
went 2-1, then 1-2 and for last game got stomped 0-2. felt bad man
>>
>>49507842
this was also my promo, went 1-2, i actually like this card, especially if you run a counter/energy deck. hell this fucker got insane with just larger than life then energy spending
>>
>>49510389
The girl the other player complained about with "I'm getting beaten BY A GIRL!" was actually a gamer girl. Beat him fair and square with synergies and combat tricks. She also had tons of background knowledge about Magic and talked with others about all kinds of things
Also, just treat everyone as humans and not be a braindead neckbeard. No wonder you have no girlfriend.
>>
File: 1461927421007.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1461927421007.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
>>49510473
>Also, just treat everyone as humans and not be a braindead neckbeard. No wonder you have no girlfriend.
>just b urself
>just be nice
No.
>>
>>49510175
Once a creature resolves the player who has the turn has priority to chose what he wants to do. If he then pays the cost to crew the vehicle, the priority passes to you. So if you mean stop in the sense of preventing a creature that resolved from jumping into the train/racecar before it is removed and thus controlling the vehicle while being dead, then no. The flavor of Magic is really strange sometimes.
>>
>>49510517
>tfw you met your gf at FNM and she is a gamer girl and math nerd

:^)
>>
The only girls who showed up for prerelease where gamer girl landwhale and this cool mtf transgender
>>
>>49510656
lesbian couple on mine, they were pretty chill
>>
>>49510656
>>49510716
Three gfs and one daughter at our prereleases, out of ~50 people. The gfs were mostly actually into the game. No landwhales because Europe.
>>
File: largerthanlife.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
largerthanlife.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
>>49507842
hello
>>
File: 1469564689115.png (735KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1469564689115.png
735KB, 456x628px
guise i have a bit off-topic question because i remembered this just now.
When i attack and someone blocks my creature with sacrifice'able creature, does MY attacking creature get damaged before he sacrifices HIS one? Or he can only block the act of me dealing damage to HIM and then sacrifice creature without dealing damage to my creature?
sorry if it is convoluted explanation
>>
File: 122928_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
122928_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
thinking of converting my innistrad deck to low cmc artifact humans with this guy. viable?
>>
>>49510892
>>49507842
I lost a game with the Pummeler dealing 14 trample damage to me. I was amazed.
>>
>>49509508
Wrong.
>>49509699
wrong
>>49509577
wrong again

You standard fags suck at magic. You can crew a vehicle during any step you would have priority, including pre combat.

http://www.essentialmagic.com/rules/turnstructure.asp
>>
>>49510941
Take note, he says "Noncreature artifacts".

I got completely wrecked when I tried to cast him one game and my opponent pointed out I couldn't, took him out after that.
>>
>>49509508
You absolutely can, it's just that if you're the attacker there's (usually) no point if you waited until the declare attackers step, and likewise if you're the defender and you waited until the declare blockers step.
>>
>>49510941
TIRELESS TRACKER?
>>
File: the winning pool.jpg (1MB, 1589x2000px) Image search: [Google]
the winning pool.jpg
1MB, 1589x2000px
Just went three wins and a draw for first place. After playing the game for 15 years, I only now have my first playmat.

High point of the day was Hijacking an opponent's Aradara Express and trampling it over his chump blockers.

>>49507842
I watched that thing smoke a guy for 20 damage on turn 5.
>>
>3 wins 1 draw 2 losses
>win 5 packs in addition to the sealed package
>3 different fast lands
>dorf legend
>aetherworks marvel
>Promo was the dragon

At least I got edh stuff right?
>>
>>49511042
do clues have a cmc?

>>49510946
it shouldn't be that surprising, he's got exponential return on an effect that only costs 3 energy. With something like built to smash it'd be surprising to see him swing for less than 16 routinely. With a fabrication module and an energy deck building around him too? Could definitely have him hitting for double digits on turn 4 near guaranteed.
>>
A guy at my LGS opened Mana Crypt, Mana Vault and Painter's Servant.

I think he opened more masterworks than everyone else there combined.

Managed to trade the mana vault to me though, which is great.
>>
They say every card has a place in some deck.
This one will go right into my Judge Tower. :^)
>>
File: dubious_challenge.jpg (30KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
dubious_challenge.jpg
30KB, 255x361px
>>49511165
Forgot the image like an idiot.
>>
>>49511127
Only the dwarf and marvel go in EDH, the rest is for Standard. Lands will see play, and I think marvel stands a good chance too. Dragon mayyyybe but probably not
>>
Just went 4-1 in Two Headed Giants. I was playing Red Green aggro with a shit ton of red removal, my other head was playing White Black control lots of options for removal and using Night Market Lookout to drain our opponents by crewing vehicles and not attacking. It was great.
>>
>>49507764
There are guys playing it in Modern and wrecking face with it. Just hit an Emrakul or the likes and a flicker effect and you're good to go.
>>
>>49511237
>spending 5 mana and 2 cards to maybe get an Emrakul
>if the bounce is countered your opponent now has an Emrakul
why not just play See the Unwritten or even Elvish Piper
>>
>>49511012
If you have uncrewed vehicles on the field he still works.
>>
What decks are people looking forward to building in the new Standard? I really like Gonti, Lord of Luxury, so I'm thinking of trying out a budget UB control deck with the two I pulled at the prerelease. I'm not sure what else in UB from Kaladesh is a must-have in control though, it seems like a lot of it's UW-centric.
>>
>>49511342
Temur Emerge will probably be fun
>>
>>49511342
Played Green/red at prerelease but I doubt it'll be great for standard unless I get either of the planeswalkers/more gearhulks, but the ramp is decent

I really want Gonti, black seems really fun
(I am addicted to effects like Gonti's, I love Grenzo)
>>
File: en_ITMHMOYYf0.png (181KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_ITMHMOYYf0.png
181KB, 265x370px
What could I build around muh waifu Nissa?
>>
>>49511502
>that -1
Just waiting to eat instant speed removal and set you back a turn.
Should have given the land hexproof and indestructible.
>>
>>49511585
??????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>49511585
Literally what?
>>
>>49511617
>>49511696
I obviously meant the +1, not -1 you morons.
>>
>>49511730
Still doesn't answer the question, but sure.
>>
>>49511730
No, anon, you are the fucking moron
Yes yes Creating a creature for free out of a land sure is going to 'set you back a turn' and opponents will DEFINITELY blow fucking removal on it even though it disappears at the end of the turn (which is why it needs INDESTRUCTIBLE too, right? For when it would die to combat damage instead of disappearing ANYWAY)
>>
>>49511757
>Not using removal on a creature land that is probably going to be attacking you anyways
You're a terrible player.

You're opponent literally can't play the game if they don't have the lands.
Nissa makes the land a creature
Land destruction is sorcery speed and expensive, for good reason
Creature removal is common, instant speed, and usually cheap
Do the fucking math, shitter. It needs to give indestructible to prevent getting blown the fuck out from using your own and predictable effect.
>>
>>49511757
>>49511822
The land stays a creature until your next turn.
But actually, this situation happened just a few hours ago in 2HG. One of our opponents used Nissa on his land every turn and we destroyed it until he was down to three lands again. They then lost the game eventually after realizing what horrible mistake they had made.
>>
>>49511908
>The land stays a creature until your next turn.
Oh fuck it's even worse than I thought. I thought it would at least avoid sorcery speed removal.
God damn that +1 is absolutely terrible.
>>
>>49511042
existing deck is WU. cultivator's caravan and thraben inspector could work.
>>
File: 0925161740_HDR.jpg (7MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
0925161740_HDR.jpg
7MB, 5312x2988px
Just got back from mine. Fairly uneventful except someone pulling cloudstone curio invention. Went 4-0-1 playing Mardu
>>
>>49512011
Get any good plays with that Combustible?
>>
>>49511963
>>49511908
That's why you get your buddy Gitrog on the field. They blow up the land, you draw a card.
>>
Played R/W aggro with some decent evasive creatures at my prerelease. Also, a good third of my non-land cards were artifacts so I could blast away all my opponent's bombs with Welding Sparks and then run them over with my 8/6 Pain Train
>>
>>49511502
The 6 mana one will end up being surprisingly strong
>>
>>49512046
Only 2. An instance where they let me mill 3 and I hit skysovereign and 2 other 4 cmc cards and blasted him to death. The other made him a 7/7 into a 10/10 trample
>>
File: 1471946254453.jpg (5KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
1471946254453.jpg
5KB, 240x210px
>>49512629
>>
>>49510941
Any card that has a no mana return ability is worth a decent look, and it isn't that hard to lower his cost.

Hedron Archive alone lets you cast this guy turn 5, but you can do much better if you build around it.

It isn't ever going to be crazy on its own (no evasion) but there are tools that work well with it. I gladly pre-ordered a playset for $1.50 CAD each.
>>
>>49511585
>have 8 mana
>create a 5/5 every turn for 8 turns
>implying opponent would waste and have 8 removals for each land elemental

????
>>
I just went 4-0 aww yeah I'm awesome. To bad I pulled fucking nothing out of both my box and prize packs. I went RW jank. Literally just the best RW stuff I had my deck was basically 40 cards singleton outside of built to last that I had two of. Only reason I could win was RW is turbo aggro. Nothing could keep up. My second matching we played all three matches in 14 minutes.

I'm both still hyped from wining and bummed at the same time since I didn't get any value at all.
>>
>smuggler's copter now a cool sawbuck

I know I'm ahead on buying a set when they were 99 cents, but fuck now I'm wishing I had gone in on at least two
>>
went 2-1, pulled a nissa and a fumigate :^) p good
>>
>>49514358
card is gonna drop like a rock
>>
>All I really wanted from the pre-release was a Combustible Gearhulk
>Never pull a single Gearhulk
>After all three pre-releases we went to, 10 Gearhulks were pulled between the three friends I was there with
>Including three Combustible Gearhulks
>None of them are willing to trade them to me even for a enemy color fast land in colors they play

Fuck me.
>>
>>49514764
It's a $5 card, just buy one.
>>
>>49512911
Don't forget sanctum of ugin
>>
>>49512911
i think i could play at least three of them on t4 with the perfect draw
>>
File: 1446000872639.jpg (318KB, 1280x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1446000872639.jpg
318KB, 1280x1184px
Went 2-1, but the guy who beat me also went 2-1 and lost to another guy who went 2-1 and we had one guy at 3-0 so I ended up out of the top 3. But I pulled a Chandra as well as a Smuggler Copter. Will probably build a R/W Vehicle/Equipment deck for fun.

One dude basically table flipped after I beat him round one. Dumbass tried running triple color with no clear win strategy. Store owner opened his pity packs and got a foil Combustible Gearhulk for the shelves. And the kicker is that the guy was miserable that he got no good pulls: immediately got pissy when I pulled my Chandra because quote: "That kills MY chances of getting one."

This is probably the best set I've played in a long, long time. I might try to convince my LGS owner to do more sealed runs of this set.
>>
File: 20160925_103453.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_103453.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
I play jeskai because there are thopters and I love nothing else in life than drawing cards and making THOP THOP THOP THOP.
>>
>>49509603
I actually had a neckbeard experience.

>Been playing for about two years now
>One of two grils at prerelease
>Start to play, he's getting mana screwed and getting frustrated
>I go to combat, get him down to 4 life
>Next turn comes and goes, I go to combat again to swing for lethal, he tries to play a sorcery which says, "Target attacking creature gets +3/+3
>wot.jpg
>Tell him that's a sorcery, it doesn't have flash, and it's for attacking creatures, not blocking; he acts like he doesn't understand what I'm saying and tries to convince me I'm wrong
>Players next to me finished their game, tell him that no, he's incorrect
>He grudgingly stops and loses the first match
>MatchTwoBegin.gif
>Start second match, same predicament
>This time he's trying to cast enchantments as instants
>Once again, call him out
>Once again, he gets pissy
>Once again, beat him

Overall, it was really fucking annoying trying to play against him. 3/10 would not play against again. Had to call the judge over a couple of times when the guys sitting next to us got up.

I had a good time otherwise. Also pulled pic related, so that was a plus.
>>
>>49516002
Actually that card (Built to Smasj) is an instant, there are no sorceries that target attacking creatures for reasons you just mentioned.
>>
>>49516139
You're correct; I got my cards confused, my bad.

My point is that he was trying to play sorcerys and enchantments like instants, however none of the ones he played had flash. One was Die Young, another was Eliminate the Competition, one was Furious Reprisal, etc. He played Rakdos, so a lot of black sorcerys he had he tried to play as instants. It was frustrating.
>>
>>49516195
So he was the kind of beginner that didnt want to learn? annoying.
(No cheat would ever think he'd get away with casting an enchantmemt out of nowhere, at least not in a non-enchantment centric set)
>>
File: image.png (910KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
910KB, 640x1136px
>>49516368
According to the judge he'd been playing for 5 years; I think he believed that since I was a girl (or that I had less experience than him, I dunno) that I didn't know about things like haste, or the difference between instants, sorcerys, and enchantments. Even when I called them out he'd try to argue until the players next to us, or a judge called him out. Very frustrating.

After our round he had a judge sitting by him for the rest of prerelease as the judge noticed problems with him in both the first round, and mine. Apparently with the judge sitting there, there were no problems so eh.

I really think he was just trying to cheat and didn't realize that both myself and the person from the first round actually had an idea of how cards worked. First time I ever ran into anyone like that though.
>>
File: voltaicbrawler.jpg (58KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
voltaicbrawler.jpg
58KB, 265x370px
Pre-release gave me a two of these babies, three rhinos and just enough removal to go 4-0. I want a gruul energize standard deck now.
>>
Is it just my imagination or do kaladesh cards smell different?
>>
How do I get better at Sealed? I find it much more difficult to be successful in it compared to Draft.

My pulls were decent, but I wish I was able to win a couple more matches.
>>
>>49516622
Find kill spells, build around them. That's what I do at least, and I'm a decent sealed player.
>>
>>49516622
>My pulls were decent
There's your problem, decent is often not good enough with how warped around rares and mythics the formats have become.
>>
>>49516854
>>49516873
In my first pool, I was forced to build around Fumigate and Cataclysmic Gearhulk since there were the only solid creature removals I opened from all my packs.

My second pool was much more well-rounded with couple more single target removal cards, but I was plagued with many games where I was mana screwed even though I ran 17 lands

It didn't help that I had to mulligan at least once almost every match that I played throughout the weekend.
>>
File: Inspiring+Vantage+%5BKLD%5D.jpg (38KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Inspiring+Vantage+%5BKLD%5D.jpg
38KB, 223x311px
there isn't one of these for RG right?
>>
so why is this shit mythic?
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>49516973
>>
>>49516989

>4/3 spread across 3 bodies
>Anthem effect so technically its a 6/5 spread across 3 bodies as long as she's alive
>Flying, Vigilance, Lifelink
>>
>>49517035
I mean, for standard.
>>
>>49516989
Because it wins by games by itselrf in limited?
>>
>>49516002
Me at the pre-release

Opponent: Turn 4 Dovin Baan. I draw card and get 2 life.

Me: Attack Dovin Baan

Opponent: Impeccable timing destroying attacker. My turn, I draw a card and get 2 life.

Me: Attack Dovin Baan with Servo, cast built to smash after blocker dealing 1 trample damage to Dovin

Opponent: In response i cast æther tradewinds bouncing Dovin Baan and your land. My turn i cast Dovin Baan, draw a card and get 2 life.

-2 turns later-

Me: I attack Dovin Baan with 3/3 haste for the kill.

Opponent: Torrential Gearhulk with flash, i recast Tradewinds bouncing your land and Dovin Baan. My turn i cast Dovin Baan. I get 2 life and draw a card.

Me: Oh god please stop

I didn't win.
>>
>>49516873
>>49516957

If you guys actually believe rarity is the deciding factor in limited you are nuts. It certainly helps to pull a bomb but better players are winning with worse cards.
>>
>>49516594

4 brawler 4 helion 4 energy bolt fill in the rest bud. Shit splash 3 other colors with aether hub and the elf.

Energy decks will be the most fun in standard, though control is clearly front runners for best archetype for the first time in forever.
>>
>>49516611
This fucking guy right here. I know how you feel. I miss the times when opened boosters smelled like newly printed books. Fuck that was so amazing.
>>
>>49516516

L O N D O N
>>
>>49517687
I used to believe that, too. And it certainly was true at some point. But then I saw a literal retard take first place in the M12 prerelease because he opened three Titans and I stopped giving a shit about sealed.
>>
>>49507681
>2/3 of the cards are creatures
When did Magic: The Gathering turn into Creatures: The Tappening?
>>
File: promo.png (129KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
promo.png
129KB, 223x311px
r8 my promo
didn't play with it, seems like trash in sealed.
>>
>>49517735

There was a young kids at my previous release who pulled two chandra a bunch of solid creatures and red removal, and lost every game. Sure he had literally no idea what he had and little grasp on the game, but kaladesh is pretty good as far as just put playing your opponent with good attacks blocks tricks.

I will say my one loss this pre release was this fucking nuts RU control with 2 glimmers 3 sparks and 3 Pyro helix I was pretty fucking blown away.
>>
>>49517756
unless you got full deck of those fox artifacts, lifelink bug and flying lifelink dwarves and fumigate it doesn't seem usable in sealed. Pretty good in modern healing deck tho
>>
>>49516516
Trashbags will be trashbags no matter who they play against. I had a guy in his 40s remove all my clues from the table while I wasn't looking. I had over 9 and he thought I wouldn't notice.

In the end I lost too. Shame, nothing feels better than crushing a cheater fair and square.

>>49517701
People like you are why channers have bad rep. Worst of all, your memes are painfully unfunny.
>>
>>49507681
Went 3-1 with a Naya deck that had a Chandra, a foil Verderous Gearhulk, and a Smuggler's Copter. The deck mostly focused on energy and blink synergy to force through a giant threat (tiger or cub) while using that green pump and the white flicker to keep my stuff alive. Got 6 prize packs and pulled nothing from them, but was of course happy about the Chandra and gearhulk. I also loved the little paper thopter; Wizards should do something like that in every prerelease.
>>
>>49509577
It is an unfortunate aspect of magic that scumbags tend to be attracted to the game. Cheaters are rampant at my LGS, even for draft events and prerelease.
>>
>>49517938

Jesus the white Knight is strong in you. It's a silly joke. Get over it.
>>
>tfw I have never attended a prerelease because I work dawn till dusk on the weekends

College is suffering
>>
>>49517938
>People like you are why channers have bad rep.
Kill yourself
>>
>>49516989
Why wouldnt it be, shits retard strong
>>
>>49516989

>trash in constructed
>good in limited

I wish all the mythics were like this one.
>>
>>49517678
>turn 4 six mana
Was he cheating?

Also fuck planeswalkers
>>
>>49518527
Sorry. I meant that it was his 4th turn. So in reality it was turn 8
>>
>>49518635
That's still 4 land drops, dingus.
>>
>>49518527
Ah you are talking about Impeccable timing. I guess my memory of the turns are blurred after I was raped so hard by him. He must've cast it turn 6, I just remember it as being as early as possible.
>>
>>49513005
>implying you're playing this turn 8
>implying any deck that is going to turn 8 won't just get rid of Nissa
>implying you have literally any clue what the fuck you're talking about
>>
Is it just me or is Pantry Spider actually pretty decent in Arena?
>>
>>49520234
Fuck me. Wrong tab and now it won't let me delete.
>>
>>49511822
>You're[sic] opponent literally can't play the game if they don't have the lands.
Only ever played standard huh kid?
>>
2-1-1 yesterday.

I pulled Baan (the U/W planes walker) and my promo rare was aetherstoem Roc. The bird was a fucking winnder. The lack of real removal was killing my opponants and he just kept getting bigger.

Now at first I fucking hated the walker, but his first ability stopped people from useing vehicals, protacted him from damage, and bought time. His ult was amazing, stopping people from dropping bombs later and when they saved up their untapps for mana, I would just counter/bounce the shit to reset it all. He did work.

The loss was from a guy who mysteriously had a perfect mono green beat down deck. The draw was against a B/R rush deck that I just could not pull my Roc to fly over.
>>
Did anyone else find that putting +1/+1 counters on a creature with fabricate was almost always the better move than creating servos?

Unless I was running Fumigate or Anthem effects, making my creatures bigger/making them harder to fry was pretty much universally the better choice.
>>
I'm going to buy up some boosters to do a draft in a couple weeks; do you guys think Kaladesh is going to be fun to draft? I wasn't able to get in on any local prerelease events, so I haven't gotten a feel for the set at all yet.
>>
>>49524279
Draft? Yes.
Anything else? No.

As a self contained set, it's really fun. As part of the larger magic metagame, I find it really disappointing.
>>
>>49524362
Could you elaborate on your disappointment a bit? Does it have to do with all the mechanics for energy being entirely self-contained in the set?
>>
>>49524427
Mostly. It also doesn't hurt that there are a lot of build around cards that don't actually do anything on their own.
Dynavolt Tower, for instance, is a really mediocre card that will never see play in anything, I'm very certain. The Gearhulks are all very bleh, and I wish they were just a little bit more powerful, maybe a bit more lopsided, or something.
>>
Anyone done a choose your own packs draft? Gonna do one tonight and no idea how that works
>>
>>49524781
>The Gearhulks are all very bleh, and I wish they were just a little bit more powerful
What the fuck
>>
>>49523205
The opposite was true at my store. There were plenty of artifact synergies running around, including I'd say somewhere in the realm of 30-40 Artifact lords in total and the only board wipe played being a lone Fumigate.
>>
>>49525679
>muh hulks aren't legacy playable they're so weak

People like this need to go back to bitching about how miracles dominates legacy.
>>
File: foundryinspector.jpg (48KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
foundryinspector.jpg
48KB, 265x370px
Most underrated card in the set
>>
>>49525777
>>49525679
Paying 5 for a worse Tragic Arrogance on a body at mythic is good?
>>
>>49525819
How is it worse? It's the same, with a body. And that's one gearhulk, the one that many consider to be the worst
>>
>>49525850
Tragic Arrogance is you choose, Cataclysmic Gearhulk is they choose.

Also, the Red Gearhulk is the worst, there is very little question about that, I would think.

For mythics, the only Gearhulk that is appropriate is the blue one. All the others are just a bit lackluster.
>>
>>49525884
How is red the worst?
Opponent doesn't want to risk draw 3 and they eat 10 fucking damage--that's somehow bad
>>
>>49525884
>Tragic Arrogance is you choose, Cataclysmic Gearhulk is they choose.

Which amusingly means it sucks ass in Limited.

Someone dropped one on me and had to sac all his enchantment based removal, giving me my best creature back.
>>
Went 4-1-1, got a pile of packs, pulled fuck all. Promo was nothing.

Fuck this format, I'm going back to Conspiracy.
>>
>>49525906
Or they take 0 and you don't draw lands. Is 6 mana worth not drawing lands for 3 turns?

Also, you can just look at the prices.
In order of current price, as well as power, it goes

Green
Blue
White
Black
Red

So as always, red gets the shaft.
>>
File: IMG_20160926_153148.jpg (1MB, 1248x936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160926_153148.jpg
1MB, 1248x936px
>Preorder Lathnu Hellion and Bristling Hydra playsets while still under 50 cents each
>cave in at LGS and decide to play the last chance prerelease
>First two packs are Lathnu Hellion and Bristling Hydra
Deck was a mess, I went 2-1 but one of those wins was a buy and then I dropped because I had to open shop today and it was like 12:30 by the time it was 3rd round in.

Got some nice trades while there though so I didn't leave totally empty handed
>>
>>49526304
Key to the city is gonna be great with madness
>>
>>49526706
Pretty nice that you don't need to target your own dudes for it to work.
>Opponent at 3 life
>You at 1 life
>Your dudes are tapped out from the last swing
>Opponent going all in
>tap key to the city making opponent's dude unblockable
>you pitch fiery temper and shoot for the face
Obviously that's an episode of Yu-Gi-Oh but it's got neat uses instead of just making your own dudes push for damage.
>>
>>49525804
Oh you mean the card that's been getting3.0+ from all reviews?
>>
File: 1397178063412.png (74KB, 301x342px) Image search: [Google]
1397178063412.png
74KB, 301x342px
>>49525968
>Playing against a BR player during prerelease
>Kept bouncing and flickering his Combustible Gearhulk and letting him draw cards
>He runs out of cards to draw
>mfw
>>
I've been attending prereleases since fate reforged and in no prerelease Ive had such a terrible pool of cards like in this one. I didn't open a single bomb and had 3 removal cards in three different colors. the better creatures I had (commons btw) were all spread too.
>>
>>49527621
Deserves 5.0
Never even see people mention it
>>
>>49518526
you can get it back with karmic guide. just saying
>>
>>49527825
5.0s are for cards which you play and decide a game with. 5.0s are cards that 3 for 1 or heavily 2 for 1. 5.0s are for cards that don't need to be built around.

That's not a 5.0
>>
>>49527746
>things that never happened: the post
>>
File: wtNevP3.jpg (882KB, 2822x2117px) Image search: [Google]
wtNevP3.jpg
882KB, 2822x2117px
3-0-1. once it got going it took over games quickly. first 4 turns were the scariest part.
>>
>>49511151
This guy is obscene. I payed 6 energy and smashed my friend with a 20/20 trample.
>>
I left all my spare sleeves at the store. Prerelease was okay.
>>
Pulled 2 Verdurous Gearhulk, Aetherworks Marvel and a Sword of Ice and Fire in my pre-release pack.

FYI one of my Gearhulks was my promo. The salt was astronomical.
>>
File: pulls.jpg (236KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
pulls.jpg
236KB, 600x799px
Went 3-2 at my prerelease playing blue/black artifacts. Here's the decklist:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-09-16-kaladesh-prerelease/

Smuggler's Copter was my promo and Cultivator's Caravan was a foil rare.

Smuggler's Copter and Night Market Lookout were a great combo. Flashing in Torrential Gearhulk to cast Failed Inspection from the graveyard felt great. I would make Servo tokens with Fabricate and sacrifice them with Eliminate the Competition to clear out pesky enemy creatures.

No prize packs or pity packs for me. Bought a Nissa deck to get the two extra boosters (second Padeem and Authority of the Consuls) and traded a Concealed Courtyard for Spirebluff Canal.

Considering building something similar for Standard. This is what I have so far:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/black-blue-and-metal/
>>
File: masterofmarionettes.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
masterofmarionettes.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
Guys this card is like my favorite shit ever right now. I don't know why but it's like the art, the effect, the pressure. I really really dig it.

Any clue how to make it work in standard? I was thinking throw it in BG as an extra ishkanah but then I realized maybe a token strategy is doable? BWg? Thinking like eldritch evolutions and Angel of invention and that new legendary 1 drop.

I straight up bought a case for this expansion and am gonna brew for probably 12 hours straight at my kitchen table with friends. Gonna be awesome.
>>
>>49530580
I like B/G with Syndicate Trafficker and Tireless Tracker. If you're feeling go big or go home strats, throw in Ghirapur Orrery for more land drops and rewards for emptying your hand with the downside of giving your opponent the same chances.
>>
File: TerritorialGorger.jpg (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
TerritorialGorger.jpg
127KB, 223x311px
>>49507764
>>49507842
You wanna talk about shitty promos?

Also, Pummeler is actually gonna be a 2-of in a standard deck I'm brewing; he's surprisingly good.
>>
>>49530814
That's closer to Electrostatic than Dubious fucking Challenge. I managed to avoid that donut.

I got the Thopter/Servo lord and the last story card as my promos. Nabbed the black Gearhulk in my first pool (and naturally not enough fucking black to run him) and the green one in my second along with Dovin Baan (we had almost a dozen of him opened at my LGS).

One confirmed masterpiece, one rumored one, but the confirmed one was of course Sol Ring.
>>
File: crypt.jpg (93KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
crypt.jpg
93KB, 528x960px
Played a Saturday event and 2HG on Sunday

Went 2-2 on Saturday, got garbage from both my prerelease kit and my prize packs

Went 3-0 on Sunday, got 1 card worth more than dollar in my prerelease kit then a Torrential Gearhulk, Aetherworks Marvel, and a Mana Crypt in my prize packs. My partner who chose his packs before me was salty, then marginally less salty on the drive home
>>
>>49507842
It's like you've never drafted a Feral Animist

NEVER underestimate it
>>
File: Rewards.jpg (1MB, 3771x1734px) Image search: [Google]
Rewards.jpg
1MB, 3771x1734px
Won my tournament, got this (24 packs and mat), notable pulls from the rewards along my draft:

Promo was Nissa
1 White Hulk
1 Green Hulk
2 Chandra
1 shitty mythic angel
2 g/b fastlands
3 w/g fastlands
2 u/r fastlands
1 g/u fastland
1 r/w fastland
3 smuggler copter

And some crap foils and other things I don't really remember or aren't valuable but are good
>>
>>49507730
You can turn four ulamog with this and energy counters can't be taken from you (yet). It seems to have a decent chance in modern.
>>
>>49531565

You realize this is fucking insane right? Pulled nothing but constructed playable cards??

Also I like the angel a lot more then I did when it was first announced. I'm cautiously optimistic
>>
File: 1332482730343.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1332482730343.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>49531610
>You realize this is fucking insane right? Pulled nothing but constructed playable cards??

Yeah the reason I won the tournament was because of that, my whole strategy was

>Use multiple Attune with Aether and one Caravan to "ramp" into 5-6 mana generation
>Meanwhile deploy cheap minions with fabricate to chump block
>If the opponent got a better field by the time I had 5 mana to use, drop either White Hulk or Fumigate (which I pulled 2)
>If he had jackshit deploy any big minion I had on hand (like the angel and buff my small dudes, or the elephant with vigilance, or Nissa, etc) and start to smack him
>Win

Nothing fancy, like I said my gameplan only worked because I had extremelly a powerful late game and most of the people I faced had bad decks with very few early game.
I didn't really thought it was going to work and I nearly lost to a guy with a super aggro energy deck, but he misplayed in the end and I won because of that.
Lucky me.
>>
File: Uhh.jpg (105KB, 400x630px) Image search: [Google]
Uhh.jpg
105KB, 400x630px
>>49511237
That sounds like bullshit on so many levels.
>Not even out technically, besides prerelease events
>not even modern legal yet til friday
>Chance to not hit an emrakul when you cast
>If you dont hit something like resto and emmy and just emmy and someone else, ur opponent now has emrakul
>much, much, MUCH easier/consistent ways to cheat in emrakul like tooth and nail, through the breach, goryos, GR/U Tron, Nahiri, etc
>Even if successful, emmy wasnt cast nor has haste, so any deck has a turn to either deal with her or you, such as combo, aggro, burn, liliana can make u sac him if they killed ur other creature at end of ur turn, Karn, o-ring, any wrath, etc.

And if i could, I would think more things that were bullshit about that, but im lazy
>>
>>49514698
I agree, played like 4 prereleases, went x-0 on all except one which i went x-1, Enough playing with the vehicles basically showed the flaws they have, and they have a fuck ton of flaws. I doubt copter see's play more than a few weeks before people realize that even with looting, its not worth the downsides. The only one that might see play is the fleet cruiser and even then im not too sure about that.
>>
>>49531565
i want that mat
>>
So I got a good deal on a pre release case. Basically 18 pre release packs for 360.

Most places are selling a case for 100 bucks more minimum, with many floating around 500

My question is, this is a bad deal overall still right? 108 packs with 16 foil Rares and 2 foil mythics. Wouldn't just buying 4 booster boxes (144 packs) be better value?
>>
File: 8PTzYgK.png (32KB, 752x200px) Image search: [Google]
8PTzYgK.png
32KB, 752x200px
how shit is this for a budget brew?
>>
>>49507764
I pulled a foil one of these at prerelease.
Kill me, famlai.
>>
Turn 5 play Aradara Express.
Turn 6 play Verderous Gearhulk tap him in response to him coming onto the battlefield to turn Aradara into a creature and drop the counters on him. Swing with 12/10 with menace got me third place.
>>
>>49535801
I did too, anon. I feel your pain. I managed to avoid green and win though.
>>
>>49507764
Fuck you and you're whining

Most Recent Pre Releases:

Dragons of Tarkir: 3 Fucking Illusionary Gains and a Clone Legion

Moon: 4 harmless offerings

I will never subject myself to sealed ever again. It's become a store joke to have people watch me crack my packs. Fuck now I'm remembering my Origin's 2 hallowed moonlight and goblin piledriver.
>>
another meme set just as with BFZ

why don't they stick to making real cards like in KTK, origins and eldritch?
>>
>>49510914

if your creature is blocked but the blocker is sacrificed before the damage step, your creature will be blocked but won't recieve combat damage.

And if it comes to the damage step, the blocker can't be sacrificed anymore
>>
>>49510656
Plenty of women, expected worse.

Played against a cutie who was new and just tagged along with her "uncle" (who was about two or three years older than me tops and maybe five older than her, and a giant dickweed) because he was a faggot and a jew and wanted to get the cards form two packs and could even secure a discount because he brought a "new" player.

She had played about five whole games of magic ever and sucked ass because of that, I just stomped her.

The other women there fared a lot better, but then again our LGS is not some neckbeard mancave like they seem to be in america, we had way over 120 people playing, two 4 round turnaments, two 6 round turnaments, and one for thg. One thg group was a middle aged anatolian man that looked like a used car salesman and his teenage daughter and they stomped most of their opponents.

Almost played against the gal who stomped me in a recent open constructed match with her faggot angel resurrection deck that killed me turn three with only one black mana. The only higher level of annoying faggotry I have ever experienced from a deck was from the LGS owner who played some annoying deck that won in round three as well, but needed 20 minutes per turn because of all those retarded chained card searches and shuffles. Anyways, I really hoped for a rematch against her but I narrowly "missed" her in the turnament and sat on the table next to her.
>>
>>49511012
I proxied a deck that can reliably play him on turn four and get a second one right by his side as well, it's really not hard with vehicles, because they count while not crewed.
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.